PDA

View Full Version : || Enthiran - The Robot | Shankar | Rajni | Aishwarya ||

Pages : 1 2 3 4 [5] 6

A.ANAND
14th August 2010, 07:01 PM
ENTHIRAN REVIEW by namma dinesh

http://www.dineshscaranvisualz.com/2010/08/endhiran-album-review-by-dinesh-scaran.html

dinesh, hope u comeback again!unggal sevai innum thevai! :D

Mahen
15th August 2010, 08:01 PM
Arr's favorite is Puthiya manitha :)

Shankar's - KAdhal anukal

A.ANAND
16th August 2010, 09:13 AM
ARR's speech at Robot Hindi audio launch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JRkqyZJyogQ

raghavendran
16th August 2010, 11:13 AM
even rajini's fav is puthiya manitha :)

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 08:31 AM
All the songs of Endhiran Dominating the music charts

http://music.galatta.com/

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 08:36 AM
-edited-

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 08:37 AM
[tscii:671fa72d46]Rahman's is lead voice in Commonwealth Games theme song

Kindly show a positive image of India and the Games, says Rahman

Music maestro A.R. Rahman has lent voice to the Commonwealth Games theme song, ‘Swagatham', which exudes energy and talks about winning and not giving up.

Presenting the story of making the song, at a news conference here on Monday, Mr. Rahman said: “When you hear the song you feel like India is calling you. I want the crowd to sing along. We have put in a lot of hard work and we are all very excited to turn it into a memorable experience. I am still working on it and am curious to know how older, intelligent people, who have years of wisdom, will react to it.”

The song, essentially in Hindi with a sprinkling of English words, has been approved by the Group of Ministers. “I presented it to them last evening [Sunday] and they were excited....I am the lead singer. The song has an international appeal but it is not in the mould of ‘Waka Waka' (Shakira's FIFA World Cup song). It is all ready but wait for another 10 days. I feel that you should get the full feel of the song only at the event.”

Negative stories
Dwelling on the negative stories being circulated in the media abroad, Mr. Rahman said he came to know about it in the United Kingdom. “I do not get distracted by the negatives around and, thankfully, the negative stories didn't make an impact on me. The stories are not true as hundreds and thousands of people are working round-the-clock. The Games are being organised by professional people and I can feel that progress made in the run-up to the Games is unimaginable. The media must give positive stories. Kindly show a positive image of India and the Commonwealth Games.”

Mr. Rahman is still working on fine-tuning the song that will be a big part of the celebrations at the grand opening ceremony at the Jawaharlal Nehru Stadium here on October 3.

When requested for more details about the song, Mr. Rahman said it was dedicated to Mahatma Gandhi but was too complex to explain in words.

Earlier, Commonwealth Games Organising Committee chairman Suresh Kalmadi said the Oscar-winning composer had done an excellent job for the theme song, describing him as “Mozart of Indian music.”

Creative Director Bharat Bala said the song would be the proudest aspect of India's cultural heritage. “Rahman and I have been working on the song. Our endeavour has been to create a new music of Indian sound and music.”

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/article573974.ece[/tscii:671fa72d46]

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 01:14 PM
[tscii:95b570f0dc]A R Rahman rules the charts with Enthiran music

Moviebuzz | Tuesday, 17 August , 2010, 10:35

A R Rahman and his Enthiran music has not only become popular worldwide, but is ruling the Tamil Nadu domestic music charts. In the Mirchi Top 10 countdown for the week ending August 14, four out of the 10 songs are from the Rajinikanth sci-fi film!

Kilimanjaro… is on top of the charts, and three other Enthiran songs are in fourth, fifth and sixth positions on the Mirchi Top 10.

Think Music, who is distributing the album, says the CD sales of the album have crossed the magic figure of Rs 3 lakhs, which no other album has done in the recent years.

It is phenomenal by any yardstick, and perhaps Rahman’s best ever performance of the decade. Shankar and AR Rahman combo surely rocks once again.

The fans are also emotional about the album because they feel Rahman has no live projects in Tamil after Enthiran.

The Mozart of Madras had three albums released in 2010 - VTV, Raavanan and now Enthiran. Currently, Rahman is working on three Hindi films, besides his many Hollywood commitments.

He has not signed any new films in Tamil and his regulars like Shankar have gone to Harris Jayaraj to do his 3 Idiots remake.

Meanwhile, as Enthiran lords over the charts, Yuvan Shankar Raja (Paiyaa, Baana Kathadi, Naan Mahaan Alla) and GV Prakash’s (Madrasapattinam) lucky streak seem to have come to an end as the Mozart of Madras rules.

[/tscii:95b570f0dc]

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 01:25 PM
பத்தில் நான்கு இடம் எந்திரன் பாடல்களுக்கே!

தமிழ், தெலுங்கு , இந்தி என இந்திய திரையுலகையே கலக்கிக் கொண்டிருக்கின்றன சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினி , நடிக்க ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் இசையமைத்துள்ள எந்திரன் படத்தின் பாடல்கள்.

தமிழில் டாப் 10 பாடல்களில் முதல் நான்கு இடங்களை எந்திரன் பாடல்களே பிடித்துள்ளன.

மியூசிக்வேர்ல்டு டாப் 10-ல் கிளிமாஞ்சாரே... பாடல் தொடர்ந்து இரு வாரங்களாக முதல் இடத்தில் உள்ளது. அரிமா அரிமா பாடல் இரண்டாவது இடத்திலும், காதல் அணுக்கள் மூன்றாம் இடத்திலும், இரும்பிலே ஒரு இதயம்... பாடல் நான்காம் இடத்திலும் உள்ளன.

மிர்ச்சி டாப் 10-ல் கிளிமாஞ்சாரோ முதல் இடத்திலும், மற்ற மூன்று பாடல்கள் நான்காவது, ஐந்தாவது மற்றும் ஆறாவது இடங்களிலும் உள்ளன.

இந்தியிலும் எந்திரன் பாடல்கள் புதிய சாதனைப் படைத்துள்ளன. வீனஸ் ரெக்கார்ட்ஸ் அண்ட் டேப்ஸ் நிறுவனம் இதன் உரிமையை பெரும் விலைக்கு வாங்கியுள்ளது. இந்தியில் அரிமா அரிமா மற்றும் ரஹ்மான் பாடியுள்ள பாடல் பெரும் வெற்றியடைந்துள்ளன. ரஜினி நடித்த படம் ஒன்றின் பாடல்கள் இந்த அளவு இந்தியில் பேசப்படுவது இதுவே முதல்முறை. தெலுங்கில் ஏற்கெனவே பரபரப்பான விற்பனையில் உள்ளன எந்திரன் ஆடியோ சிடிக்கள்.

எந்திரனுக்குப் பிறகு ஏ ஆர் ரஹ்மான் தமிழில் எந்தப் படத்துக்கும் ஒப்பந்தமாகவில்லை. அவர் கைவசம் உள்ள இன்னொரு தமிழ்ப் படம் ரஜினியின் சுல்தான் தி வாரியர். ஷங்கர் இயக்கத்தில் உருவாகும் 3 இடியட்ஸ் ரீமேக்குக்கூட இந்த முறை ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ் இசையமைப்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது

ajaybaskar
17th August 2010, 01:32 PM
Kilimanjaro ivlo reach ayiducha?

A.ANAND
17th August 2010, 02:23 PM
enna ajay,aalaye paaka mudiyala intha pakkam!

raghavendran
17th August 2010, 07:20 PM
Kilimanjaro ivlo reach ayiducha?yes..kekka kekka awesome it is

ajaybaskar
17th August 2010, 07:49 PM
Anand sir,

Naan enga poga poren? Kazhudha kettaa kuttichuvaru. Enga suthinaalum kadaisiyila ingathaan varuven.

raghavendran
18th August 2010, 07:02 PM
Anand sir,

Naan enga poga poren? Kazhudha kettaa kuttichuvaru. Enga suthinaalum kadaisiyila ingathaan varuven. :lol: :thumbsup: ....thalaivar fans ellarum apdidhaan..loyalty kathukkanum namme kitte

Ramakrishna
18th August 2010, 07:16 PM
Loyal ellaam onnum irukkaathu. avarenna namakku soraa podraaru, avarukku loyal-a irukka.. It is just that nobody else is able to captivate us (or me atleast) with his music better than ARR.

A.ANAND
19th August 2010, 10:11 AM
Loyal ellaam onnum irukkaathu. avarenna namakku soraa podraaru, avarukku loyal-a irukka.. It is just that nobody else is able to captivate us (or me atleast) with his music better than ARR.

yen intha kola veri! :roll:

ajaybaskar
19th August 2010, 11:05 AM

That makes sense.... :)

Roshan
19th August 2010, 06:48 PM
Last night I had a dream that ARR is visiting my home town and meeting me and my family members :oops:

Ramakrishna
19th August 2010, 06:48 PM

That makes sense.... :)

So, you mean to say u r enjoying other MDs music more than ARRs?

19thmay
19th August 2010, 06:51 PM
Last night I had a dream that ARR is visiting my home town and meeting me and my family members :oops:

satham pOtu sollidaadheenga, Naam thamizhar iyakkam pathi theriyum-la? :lol2:

ajaybaskar
19th August 2010, 06:52 PM
No dear.... I meant the loyalty factor.. Tomorrow even if god himself comes to earth and composes, i'l stick to ARR... Avaru enakku soru podattiyum... :)

Roshan
19th August 2010, 06:54 PM

:lol:

Ramakrishna
19th August 2010, 07:01 PM
No dear.... I meant the loyalty factor.. Tomorrow even if god himself comes to earth and composes, i'l stick to ARR... Avaru enakku soru podattiyum... :)

naa me atleast sonnathu loyalty factor-ku illa, captivating factor ku

SoftSword
19th August 2010, 09:51 PM

Roshan,

It does not make much diff becos, even the people who have met him in reality has mentioned that the meeting was like a dream for them...
:)

5/19,
ivanga eppovumae ipdi thaan boss... idhukkellaam bayandhaa naama polappu nadattha mudiyumaa...

i dont think they are so immatured or desperate to jump on this discussion, and even if they come, kosukkadikku bayandhu suicide'a pannikka mudiyum??

"Sattam than kadamayai seyyum"

Roshan
19th August 2010, 09:59 PM

Roshan,

It does not make much diff becos, even the people who have met him in reality has mentioned that the meeting was like a dream for them...

Actually this is not the first time I have dreamt meeting ARR :oops: I only wish my dream comes true soon :)

venkkiram
19th August 2010, 10:37 PM
Boom Boom Robo Da பாடலின் second interlude மிகவும் பிடித்திருக்கிறது.

Sunil_M88
19th August 2010, 10:43 PM
Irumbile / Naina Mile (Keyboard) Endhiran / Robot

http://www.youtube.com/user/webravi#p/a/u/0/d1PMNeiMBR4

Kilimanjaro (Endhiran/Robot) Keyboard

http://www.youtube.com/user/webravi#p/a/u/2/BG0YjcT80Cw

:musicsmile:

Yathu
20th August 2010, 01:51 AM
Nice reproduction of the songs. :D

Yathu
20th August 2010, 01:58 AM

Yeah I feel the same. I feel that ARRs done so much for me, both as a musician and as a role model. I definitely owe a lot to him. Maybe loyalty is the wrong word to use. :?

SoftSword
20th August 2010, 04:38 PM

Yeah I feel the same. I feel that ARRs done so much for me, both as a musician and as a role model. I definitely owe a lot to him. Maybe loyalty is the wrong word to use. :?

For me atleast, whenever he wins or he does something good, i feel as if I personally did this... and when i speak abt this to my friends, the satisfaction and pride i get is uncomparable.. the moment when our friends speak about a good song of his, or some new achievement of his, I feel they are praising me... atleast i feel that like I am part of his team.

MrIndia
21st August 2010, 01:35 AM

kekka means super/awesome in telugu :D

raghavendran
23rd August 2010, 11:40 AM

kekka means super/awesome in telugu :D :lol: :cool2:

baba88
27th August 2010, 09:51 PM
hmmm... i feel like its getting very quiet around the whole endhiran project. this movie just lives of its hype and without the hype its gonna flop very hard. hope there will be more promotional shows in the next days.

Sunil_M88
30th August 2010, 07:32 PM
[tscii:1a7189b769]‘Endhiran’ going the ‘Avatar’ way

http://www.thelatestnews.in/‘endhiran’-going-the-‘avatar’-way/41773.html[/tscii:1a7189b769]

raghavendran
30th August 2010, 08:37 PM
now love boom boom robo da song..thats the song i m humming 24-7...enne beats,,a perfect dance number..

MADDY
31st August 2010, 09:42 PM
looking at poll results(so far), dilbert is going to stamp his foot and crumble his office floor ala Chitti in endhiran trailer :lol:

hamid
31st August 2010, 09:42 PM
part 6 released? :cool: padam thaan release aakura vazhiya kanum :oops:

Sudharsh, Congrats for starting this thread.. :)

raghavendran
31st August 2010, 09:44 PM
looking at poll results(so far), dilbert is going to stamp his foot and crumble his office floor ala Chitti in endhiran trailer :lol: :rotfl3:

Riyazz
31st August 2010, 09:45 PM
I voted for ar songs and bgm :thumbsup:

8-) voting results parunga

Nerd
31st August 2010, 09:48 PM
And we have Rahman fans saying that this album is average :lol2:

Sudarsh
31st August 2010, 09:51 PM
guys check out first page updates has robo specs and other details 8-)

m_23_bayarea
31st August 2010, 09:52 PM
Well, not that ARR's music is not great for this movie, but that option is just a unified entity in itself, while all the other options are split! :P

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 09:55 PM
Well, not that ARR's music is not great for this movie, but that option is just a unified entity in itself, while all the other options are split! :P

and it is too early to predict. Merge the two options of superstar to one and call it as just superstar and we will see the results.

MADDY
31st August 2010, 09:55 PM

It is but still main reason to watch endhiran is rahman :lol2:

m_23_bayarea
31st August 2010, 09:56 PM

So as "ARR fans" you guys watch any movie that ARR scores? Irrespective of actor, director, and what have you? That's great! :wink:

hamid
31st August 2010, 09:59 PM
Poll, "ettu kaal puchikku ethana kaal" maathiri irukku..

Obvisouly the winning option will be Superstar as a Robot.

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 10:02 PM
We all know the reason for record selling of this movie. If we don't know the reason then we are outright liers.

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 10:02 PM

As I said the option should be just superstar and nothing else.

m_23_bayarea
31st August 2010, 10:05 PM
I can foresee a certain discussion/arguments coming our way now! :oops:

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 10:06 PM
I agree but arguments only will give the conclusion.

hamid
31st August 2010, 10:07 PM

As I said the option should be just superstar and nothing else.
TA, yes.. everyone knows it.. :yes:

Same time, the other parties definitely add to the excitement and help getting the expectation to a new level.

hamid
31st August 2010, 10:09 PM
I agree but arguments only will give the conclusion.

bro, do u need an argument to understand the obvious or to come to a conclusion?

MADDY
31st August 2010, 10:14 PM

Dont worry - idhu unga thread, neenga varunga.......... :D

m_23_bayarea
31st August 2010, 10:15 PM

Dont worry - idhu unga thread, neenga varunga.......... :D

Trust me, to see any kind of ARR argument in a Rajini thread is always the last thing I want to see! :notworthy:

Avadi to America
31st August 2010, 10:31 PM
We all know the reason for record selling of this movie. If we don't know the reason then we are outright liers.

the biggest territory in TN for movie distribution is NSC....IMR, Sivaji was sold for 15C.....I think SUN is pretty comfortable with the factor "2" while calculating their selling price....i guess it would be anywhere 30C..... Where is NAG RAVI to buy the south arcot area?????? :P

$Vijay_Fan$
31st August 2010, 10:38 PM
I voted for unrevealed 3rd character :)

Totally unexpected, if this one is not thr, my vote also would hav been for ARR :notworthy:

Dilbert
31st August 2010, 10:44 PM
looking at poll results(so far), dilbert is going to stamp his foot and crumble his office floor ala Chitti in endhiran trailer :lol:

Come on Maddy garu you know better :) Good to know kids who have voted have loved kidz mujik by mozart of kodambakkam.

As far as Pole goes.. Kalla vote yellam Kalla votu.. :lol:

Avadi to America
31st August 2010, 10:46 PM
Hmmmm.....irukattum irukattum...orutharukuda enthiran storylineuku oottu podalai.....

Dilbert
31st August 2010, 10:48 PM
Hmmmm.....irukattum irukattum...orutharukuda enthiran storylineuku oottu podalai.....

Addu Independent candidate.. ! :oops: :lol: (Not a reliable option)

$Vijay_Fan$
31st August 2010, 10:54 PM

Innum rendu option kum yaarum vote pannaliyae :roll:

ajithfederer
31st August 2010, 10:58 PM
Sorry to barge in but I thought Red cliff(chi bi) was the most expensive Asian film till date. :).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Cliff_(film)

Nerd
31st August 2010, 10:59 PM

Rahman, the average music composer? Good for you.

We watch it only for the best in the business.

m_karthik
31st August 2010, 11:03 PM
Unwanted comparisons becoz of the poll.. :roll: :oops:

Sudarsh
31st August 2010, 11:04 PM

what is wrong with the poll? :? people wanted it!

CHELLA(M)PORIKKI
31st August 2010, 11:05 PM
There is no catchy voting option for superstar. What about just super star as one of the voting option and of course that is what all I need.

ya i too need the same... :thumbsup:

Dilbert
31st August 2010, 11:06 PM
Sorry to barge in but I thought Red cliff(chi bi) was the most expensive Asian film till date. :).

80 Million :shock: Sax has to get his facts rite Budget is twice as much as spent on enthidran.

tamizharasan
31st August 2010, 11:07 PM

80 Million :shock: Sax has to get his facts rite Budget is twice as much as spent on enthidran.

It is not the quantity of the dollars but the quality of the dollar which matter. :lol:

Dilbert
31st August 2010, 11:08 PM

WHO PPL, WHICH PPL..? Sari free ya vedengea..

Sudarsh
31st August 2010, 11:09 PM

well i remember someone requested for this poll with these options... i think it was nerd.

vithagan
31st August 2010, 11:12 PM

Just for you may be :poke:

Dilbert

It is not the quantity of the dollars but the quality of the dollar which matter. :lol:

Either that or Sun has decided to clear out all there BLACK Money as part of production cost.. :lol: I remember there was an old hollywood movie called producers (if I am rite) in which they will produce a movie and will try to make it fail, so that they can claim insurance money which more than the actual production cost.

I have same peeling about this. one :oops: :lol:

Sudarsh

well i remember someone requested for this poll with these options... i think it was nerd.

but still i just cant beleive i missed out on a special option as SUPER STAR alone sorry guys :oops: ... maybe ill ask mod to remove the poll and recreate it? :? :?

MADDY
31st August 2010, 11:14 PM

Ofcourse

vithagan
31st August 2010, 11:14 PM
Sudharsh,

Please remove this link from the first page..
http://www.robotthefilm.com/images/p1-bg

The other one is fine.

CHELLA(M)PORIKKI
31st August 2010, 11:15 PM

but still i just cant beleive i missed out on a special option as SUPER STAR alone sorry guys :oops: ... maybe ill ask mod to remove the poll and recreate it? :? :?

ya will wait for it...

m_karthik
31st August 2010, 11:15 PM

Either that or Sun has decided to clear out all there BLACK Money as part of production cost.. :lol: I remember there was an old hollywood movie called producers (if I am rite) in which they will produce a movie and will try to make it fail, so that they can claim insurance money which more than the actual production cost.

This question i need to ask..
Why to clear out the BLACK Money? What is the necessity?
Idhu enna arunachalam kadhaiya?
Avanga thaan government.. Edhukku clear pannanum?

Sudarsh
31st August 2010, 11:17 PM
Sudharsh,

The other one is fine.

ok i replaced it with this one is this ok?

http://www.robotthefilm.com/images/w2-bg

vithagan
31st August 2010, 11:19 PM
Sudharsh,

The other one is fine.

Fine, Tamil poster irundha nalla irukumnu feel pannen.. No probs!!

Sudarsh
31st August 2010, 11:20 PM
Sudharsh,

The other one is fine.

Fine, Tamil poster irundha nalla irukumnu feel pannen.. No probs!!

hmm but where is the tamil poster?

$Vijay_Fan$

:thumbsup: Naan thalaivarkagavum padam papaen :P

And also Shankar :)

m_23_bayarea

Exactly! As if black money is an unknown concept for people in politics and "industrialists" with political backgrounds... :banghead:

Avadi to America
31st August 2010, 11:24 PM

intha movie sellathu.... :lol:

the director of the movie already directed many hollywood movies including face off, broken arrow, mission impossible etc.....

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000247/

vithagan
31st August 2010, 11:29 PM

Try this.. but it doesn't have the link to image :(
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/wallpapers/m/Movies/robo/800/35165.html

Avadi to America
31st August 2010, 11:32 PM
part 4 thread was created on july 29 and closed on august 05....(total 7 days)

part 5 thread was created on august 05 and closed on august 31....(26 days).....

let's see the part 6....

m_23_bayarea
31st August 2010, 11:34 PM

part 5 thread was created on august 05 and closed on august 31....(26 days).....

let's see the part 6....

Not caring much about the duration of the individual threads, I do want this movie to cross 11 threads as a whole. That's a record set by Sivaji so far... :P

$Vijay_Fan$
31st August 2010, 11:41 PM

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/wallpapers/m/Movies/robo/800/35165.html

Avar color ah paarya, avar siripa paarya, avar style ah paarya, avar shirt ah paarya, avar t shirt ah paarya, adhuku ulla irukura inoru t shirt ah paarya.. Ivara pidikadhu nu yaaravadhu solluvaingala ya :D

(Costume pidichuruku, adhaan andha t shirt bit)

Sudarsh
31st August 2010, 11:47 PM

Avar color ah paarya, avar siripa paarya, avar style ah paarya, avar shirt ah paarya, avar t shirt ah paarya, adhuku ulla irukura inoru t shirt ah paarya.. Ivara pidikadhu nu yaaravadhu solluvaingala ya :D

(Costume pidichuruku, adhaan andha t shirt bit)

done i like tht pic :wink:

thamiz
1st September 2010, 12:05 AM
part-6 :D

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 12:19 AM
satthiyamaa thalaivar thread madhiriyae title illa....
pls change it so something simple and powerful... we don need to look for bombarding words for the title...

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 12:27 AM

Who is government ?? Maran Bros?? They themselves are walking on a sharp edged sword brother.. First understand the context .

oru flow la type panneten , free vedengea. I don't want any more Digs around this. :)

abba Sudharsh .. andha P-6 koncham full form la podappa

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 12:30 AM
satthiyamaa thalaivar thread madhiriyae title illa....
pls change it so something simple and powerful... we don need to look for bombarding words for the title...

robot is also not like a normal thalaivar film its somethin new :wink:... anyways what do u want the title to be.

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 12:30 AM

let's see the part 6....

I am sure my thread Part 2 's record will never be broken.. :oops:

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 12:31 AM
Feels like Sudharsh is going to regret opening a new thread pretty soon! :oops:

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 12:34 AM

how many want the word Super Star in the title since its Thalaivar's special golden name given by fans?

Sanjeevi
1st September 2010, 12:40 AM
Voted for SuperStar

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 12:41 AM

how many want the word Super Star in the title since its Thalaivar's special golden name given by fans?

Sudharsh: Keep it the way you want! You created the thread, and it's your idea... I dont think you can satisfy everyone! :wink:

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 12:43 AM

Sudharsh: Keep it the way you want! You created the thread, and it's your idea... I dont think you can satisfy everyone! :wink:

that is a good point everyone has got their own opinions and ideas so it is difficult to make everyone happy but i can try to make most atleast :D

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 12:49 AM
The options 2 and 3 are both with respective to thalaivar.... that will unnecessarily split the thalaivar votes...
if u cant put them together under one word SuperStar, then we need to add up votes casted for both of these options together...

similarly 1,5 and 8 must all come under shankar and his film making...

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 12:51 AM
The options 2 and 3 are both with respective to thalaivar.... that will unnecessarily split the thalaivar votes...
if u cant put them together under one word SuperStar, then we need to add up votes casted for both of these options together...

similarly 1,5 and 8 must all come under shankar and his film making...

ok so can u give an idea of how the poll should look like/

Nerd
1st September 2010, 12:51 AM
Yeah Sudarsh. Let the title stay for a few pages and may be from page 20 onwards we can have Softsword's title.

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 12:54 AM
Yeah Sudarsh. Let the title stay for a few pages and may be from page 20 onwards we can have Softsword's title.

how is the title now... ive included Super Star since it is his special and original title.

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 12:55 AM
Sudarsh, please club both the 2nd and 3rd options under the name "SuperStar"

and 1, 5 and 8 under "Shankar & Other Technicians"

just my suggestion....
i don want the votes to get split under subsections

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 12:56 AM
the title is better now Sudarsh, we don need to change it anymore.

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:04 AM
[tscii:943e1d5580]
Sudarsh, please club both the 2nd and 3rd options under the name "SuperStar"

and 1, 5 and 8 under "Shankar & Other Technicians"

just my suggestion....
i don want the votes to get split under subsections

hmm so u are suggesting that the polls options should be like this?

Options:
1) Shankar and other technicians
2) Superstar
3) Ar Rahman’s music
4) The Most Expensive Asian Film
[/tscii:943e1d5580]

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 01:08 AM
yes this one makes sense... would be even better if you remove the only weak candidate "expensive film"

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:10 AM
yes this one makes sense... would be even better if you remove the only weak candidate "expensive film"

ok ill pm the mods to get rid of this poll.

Nerd
1st September 2010, 01:12 AM
Common guys, whats wrong with the poll now? Everybody knows its either SS or ARR or Shankar. I was interested to know if people are more interested to see SS as a robot or people are waiting to see the *surprise* character on screen. There may be non-super star but Shankar fans too who might be interested in this film for whatever reason (his dream project etc.)

So much for this :huh:

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:14 AM
Common guys, whats wrong with the poll now? Everybody knows its either SS or ARR or Shankar. I was interested to know if people are more interested to see SS as a robot or people are waiting to see the *surprise* character on screen. There may be non-super star but Shankar fans too who might be interested in this film for whatever reason (his dream project etc.)

So much for this :huh:

same feeling nerd... i felt this poll gives people more options but a lot seem to be rebellin against it. :?

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:23 AM
And Nerd just before you made your post I Pmed to remove the poll.... now we need to decide what to do should we keep the poll or change it?

Nerd
1st September 2010, 01:25 AM
Yeah lets delete it since many are against it for some reason.

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:29 AM
You guys really think that if superstar the word was itself an option on its own it would have greater number of votes than arr's music option?

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 01:31 AM
:rotfl: :banghead: :boo: :curse: :omg: :yessir: :devil:

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:35 AM
:rotfl: :banghead: :boo: :curse: :omg: :yessir: :devil:

whats up with this dilbert?

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 01:46 AM
You guys really think that if superstar the word was itself an option on its own it would have greater number of votes than arr's music option?

if that is the case then maybe superstar votes would have been higher if it hadn't been split.

m_karthik
1st September 2010, 01:50 AM
All the above option add pannunga.. if created new poll.. Lets see how many wants to see a whole package not for individual performances

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 01:58 AM

if that is the case then maybe superstar votes would have been higher if it hadn't been split.

As I said freeya vedengea..

1) you shouldn't have had Pole on your thread with some obvious options & some were unwanted.
Asia's most expensive movie? seriously?

2) This triggered some ####### gangs to vote for pretentious options. (they themselves know that) it was like poking fun at RK fans.

3) Now trying to remove this whole mess , is like agreeing with these great minds.

just leave it bro don't change anything anymore

SSword :evil: where were you all these days ?

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 02:02 AM
:fatigue: :sigh2:

Come on guys, it's just a Poll! What's the big deal? :notworthy:

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 02:04 AM
:fatigue: :sigh2:

Come on guys, it's just a Poll! What's the big deal? :notworthy:

at the request of SS i had already pmed the mod to remove it as soon as he wrote that post.... so we will have to wait..

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 02:35 AM
dibu... am here always... though not very active, i post when required.

tomoro is 1st of sep, if my guess is right, the promotion would start in full throttle, with some news pics.

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 02:47 AM
dibu... am here always... though not very active, i post when required.

tomoro is 1st of sep, if my guess is right, the promotion would start in full throttle, with some news pics.

i hope it does with the new trailer!

mexicomeat
1st September 2010, 03:09 AM
voted 4 "Shankar's Dream Project"

jaiganes
1st September 2010, 03:13 AM
I think we should add another option for "New style of Rajini". I for sure go to every rajini movie in anticipation of a new trick or cool stuff he does on screen.

tamizharasan
1st September 2010, 03:28 AM
Voted for superstar as robot to give the lead.

Movie Cop
1st September 2010, 06:48 AM
looking at poll results(so far), dilbert is going to stamp his foot and crumble his office floor ala Chitti in endhiran trailer :lol: :rotfl3:
Not referring to Dilbs here, but podhuvaagavE sila aalungE ellam, indhe Rihanna/Beyonce/Lady Gaga maadhiri aalunge meejik ellam Harvard University range-le irrukkunu solluvainge. (In fact, I thoroughly enjoy listening to Rihanna and Lagy Gaga's songs-ngradhu vera vishayam). Aana, nama RaghumAn thambi oda electropop meejik-lerndhu vara "hip hop"-ish lines mattum "Kindergarten", "pre-KG" nursery rhyme stuff. :huh: :twisted:

I disagree with folks who claim that ARR's music is average for this movie. This is an action film and that too involving a Robot. Most of the songs in the album are catchy and are meant to serve as a high energy catalyst/teaser for the rest of the movie. Indhukku mela eppadi symphony range music poda mudiyin? I promise that this will be my last post about Rahman in this thread, unless explicitly provoked. :P

Regarding the poll, yeah, it's a no brainer (or at least for me) that "Super star as a Robot" is the USP more than anything else. Just like you guys (Rajini fans), I'm also equally awaiting with eagerness to catch the "Robot Rajini" on-screen. :)

groucho070
1st September 2010, 07:03 AM
MC, agree to all you posted above, except I don't listen to the girl who got punched and the girl who should be punched. :twisted:

Movie Cop
1st September 2010, 07:06 AM
MC, agree to all you posted above, except I don't listen to the girl who got punched and the girl who should be punched. :twisted:

By the way, who should get punched, bro? :P

groucho070
1st September 2010, 07:08 AM
Negga rendu girls peeru sonnengga. Koottikalichi parungga, kanakku sariya varum :P

Movie Cop
1st September 2010, 07:09 AM
Yeah, just noticed. :lol: I just overlooked my own quote.

Movie Cop
1st September 2010, 07:12 AM
Singapore gals - Lady Kash & Krissy - in one of the FM station studios in Chennai.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RU1hq9-28M

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKK19G6pKHQ&NR=1

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 08:11 AM
The poll has been changed and updated to this as most people wished with all due thanks to NOV for taking the trouble and pain to help me :notworthy: :clap:

What Is The Most Interesting Aspect Of Enthiran The Robot?

1) Shankar And Other Technicians/Crew
2) Super Star
3) AR Rahman's Music/BGM

I hope people are happy now :wink:

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 08:18 AM
Images have also been enabled on first page thanks to NOV :notworthy:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 08:50 AM
The poll has been changed and updated to this as most people wished with all due thanks to NOV for taking the trouble and pain to help me :notworthy: :clap:

What Is The Most Interesting Aspect Of Enthiran The Robot?

1) Shankar And Other Technicians/Crew
2) Super Star
3) AR Rahman's Music/BGM

I hope people are happy now :wink:

where did my vote go :roll:

j/k, anyways we all know its a rajini movie and a rajini movie only.......

MADDY
1st September 2010, 09:01 AM
Not referring to Dilbs here, but podhuvaagavE sila aalungE ellam, indhe Rihanna/Beyonce/Lady Gaga maadhiri aalunge meejik ellam Harvard University range-le irrukkunu solluvainge. (In fact, I thoroughly enjoy listening to Rihanna and Lagy Gaga's songs-ngradhu vera vishayam). Aana, nama RaghumAn thambi oda electropop meejik-lerndhu vara "hip hop"-ish lines mattum "Kindergarten", "pre-KG" nursery rhyme stuff. :huh: :twisted:

yeah, dilbert has been very appreciative of ARR and his music, so u neednt refer to him :lol: .......

I disagree with folks who claim that ARR's music is average for this movie. This is an action film and that too involving a Robot. Most of the songs in the album are catchy and are meant to serve as a high energy catalyst/teaser for the rest of the movie. Indhukku mela eppadi symphony range music poda mudiyin? I promise that this will be my last post about Rahman in this thread, unless explicitly provoked. :P

Endhiran hardly matches the brilliance of a Delhi-6 or the variety of a VTV........thought these albums are different genres, the orchestration, arrangements, chord structures were far more envelope pushing and Endhiran has repetitive arrangements throughout except for chitti dance which can never be contemplated by any other MD....ofcourse, Thalaivar has given what is required of the project but honestly im very disappointed - he could have done without this movie at this stage of his career.......KM conservatory, AR foundation requires money hmmm.....but this may well be his last rajinikanth movie 8-)

cm123
1st September 2010, 09:07 AM
Voted for one and only Super Star

A.ANAND
1st September 2010, 09:19 AM
voted 4 mujeek and bgm! :D

gurusaravanan
1st September 2010, 09:26 AM
Voted for shankar and technicians

Nerd
1st September 2010, 09:28 AM
he could have done without this movie at this stage of his career.......
And spend time on Puli, Singam, Blue, red, green and useless hollywood films like Kapil's retreat right :lol:

That aside, I find Chitti dance very unimaginative and boring. That should be a treat, visually of course thanks to Stanwinston.

cm123
1st September 2010, 09:35 AM
If Sep-24 is the release date then we will have two Diwali this year :bluejump: :redjump: :boo:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 09:41 AM
And spend time on Puli, Singam, Blue, red, green and useless hollywood films like Kapil's retreat right :lol:

Couple's retreat is a BO success :D.....Puli has couple of breathtaking songs - very innovative.......yes, that too is going to be a waste of time.....

I find Chitti dance very unimaginative and boring

thats hardly surprising

gurusaravanan
1st September 2010, 09:42 AM
Sun tv started their promos from next week onwards.....

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 09:48 AM
but this may well be his last rajinikanth movie 8-)

I think you are wrong! Most of Rajni's recent movies have music by ARR. And I'm sure it will be the trend if Rajini continues to act... 8-)

And I don't understand why you're so against ARR scoring music for a Rajini movie? :roll:

Nerd
1st September 2010, 09:50 AM
Yeah bay and don't worry ARR definitely knows better than the *fans* posting here :-)

gurusaravanan
1st September 2010, 09:57 AM
Movie business crossed 250 crores..

MADDY
1st September 2010, 10:03 AM
And I don't understand why you're so against ARR scoring music for a Rajini movie? :roll:

look at dilbert's posts against ARR and his fans - there is not a single word of protest from rajini fans against his asteriks and what-not against arr........in a way its true - everything else becomes insignificant in a rajini movie - so poruthukittu dhaan poganum but sometimes criticisms are way too demeaning and off target that we feel its not really worth all these ruckus..........vera onnum illa :D (musical output is disappointing too but i understand it happens)

btw, wouldnt u love a HJ-Rajini movie -come on, be honest Bay :D

MADDY
1st September 2010, 10:04 AM
Yeah bay and don't worry ARR definitely knows better than the *fans* posting here :-)

and rajini sir knows better how to respect ARR than his *fans* here.......

Sarna
1st September 2010, 10:57 AM
btw, wouldnt u love a HJ-Rajini movie -come on,

:hammer: :hammer:
Style-mannan padaththukku songs'a vida BGM dhaan romba mukkiyam, adhula ARR'a adichchikka vEra music director illa 8-)

SuraTheLeader
1st September 2010, 12:04 PM
I have voted for "SUPER STAR"
REST Comes NEXT :D
SHANKAR has the ability to visualise songs beyond expectations.
In SIVAJI except Ballelakka, All the songs rocked.
My FAVOURITE VISUALLY : STYLE SONG RAJINI in WHITE and ADHIRADI with as usual RAJINI GIMMICKS... Never Expected b4 release....
Watched sivaji the previous night b4 release in the suburban area with ticket price Rs.200 for a theatre which doesnt even worth 50.
3 SONGS WERE SCREENED ONCE-MORE
BUT COMPLETELY ENTERTAINED and WORTHY :2thumbsup:

prashanth12
1st September 2010, 12:10 PM
I pick the invisible fourth option, "I'm interested to see a sci-fi Tamil movie".

But since that option's not there, I voted number 2, mostly because I'm interested in the possibility of Rajini doing a substantial acting role. No comment on option 1, I find Shankar overrated.

kid-glove
1st September 2010, 12:11 PM

Style-mannan padaththukku songs'a vida BGM dhaan romba mukkiyam, adhula ARR'a adichchikka vEra music director illa 8-)

http://mp3scorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ilayaraja-rajini-songs.jpg

Movie Cop
1st September 2010, 12:21 PM

That aside, I find Chitti dance very unimaginative and boring. That should be a treat, visually of course thanks to Stanwinston.
Ennadhu "Chitti dance" - unimaginative, boring uhh? :huh:

Maddy,
Rahman shouldn't be doing Endhiran at this stage of his career-nu solluradhu ellam remba over, three much, I say. "Endhiran" is easily the biggest Tamil movie in the last few years (after 10A) and being "numbA 1" meejik director of India , Rahman deserves to score music (more than anyone else) for this mega project . 8-)

CHELLA(M)PORIKKI
1st September 2010, 12:26 PM
i voted 4 SUPER STAR...

groucho070
1st September 2010, 12:29 PM

http://mp3scorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ilayaraja-rajini-songs.jpg :D All those bgms from the emotional Mullum Malarum, through naughty Netrikann, goosebumping Mr. Bharath, and soul stirring Thalapathi is zipping across my mind now. And this is just the tip!

Sarna
1st September 2010, 12:37 PM
Kidglove, situation'kaagavum, andha characterOda nature'kaagavum BGM pOduradhula raajaa raajaa dhaan. But Rajinism'kaaga BGM pOda raajaa andhaluvukku menakkettadhillanu nenakkurEn or whatever I have heard/seen so far from raajaa didnt impress me :)

But purely Rajinism'kaaga BGM pOduradhula rahman rahman dhaan :bow: :bow:

Vivasaayi
1st September 2010, 12:41 PM
. But Rajinism'kaaga BGM pOda raajaa andhaluvukku menakkettadhillanu nenakkurEn or whatever I have heard/seen so far from raajaa didnt impress me :)

I dont want to talk abt raja here....leaving him out - from other composers, I find Deva has satisfied this rajnism job better than anyone.

kid-glove
1st September 2010, 12:55 PM
Sarna, as Vivs brings up, Deva was very effective in that regard(Rajinism), no?

MADDY
1st September 2010, 01:09 PM
rahman in many ways has defined the "rajinism sound" through his richly textured BGM in padayappa, atleast for the younger gen rajini fans......and rahman's "style" song in Shivaji is a herculean effort which stands tall with no competitors in genre of rajini style songs........Endhiran is the first techno album for rajini, if im not wrong and very futuristic........Rahman's range of music given to rajini creates a big daylight between him and rest of composers...

Sarna
1st September 2010, 01:10 PM
kid, deva was good(not great) in Batsha...thats it.... i am not able to remember anything good about Annamalai.... and forgettable arunachalam.

Muthu - the charactor is not as powerful as Batsha.... and Rajinism was very minimal... andha minimum level Rajinism'a kooda next level'ku kondupOra BGM, rahmaanudayadhu :bow: :bow:

Padayappa - the perfect match of Rajinism and BGM

Sivaji - :smokesmirk:

Even Baba had enchanting BGMs :bow: :bow:

idha naan pala mura indha hub'la sollittEn.... innum eththanai murai vEnumnaalum solluvEn... Rahman is the best when it comes to BGM for Rajinism :bow: :bow:

batsha'vukku Rahman BGM pOttirundhaa, epdi irundhirukkum :bluejump: :boo: :redjump: :victory: :happydance: :pink:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 01:16 PM

B to the A to the B to the A - i think that was the BGM bit which started the trend of rap music for hero intro in tamil cinema.......

rajinism can be measured post annamalai only - thats when he took off immensely.........

mexicomeat
1st September 2010, 01:24 PM
B to the A to the B to the A - i think that was the BGM bit which started the trend of rap music for hero intro in tamil cinema.......
MADDYnnu peru vechittu ungaloda BGMai marandutheengale..

Maddy Maddy Oh Oh Maddy was before B to the A to the B to the A.

MADDY
1st September 2010, 01:27 PM
MADDYnnu peru vechittu ungaloda BGMai marandutheengale..

Maddy Maddy Oh Oh Maddy was before B to the A to the B to the A.

im not saying the first - im talking abt the trend........maddy, maddy is a rap song-a - need to give a relisten

ajaybaskar
1st September 2010, 01:36 PM
Maddy Maddy is certainly not a rap....

mexicomeat
1st September 2010, 01:41 PM
Maddy Maddy is certainly not a rap....

this guy is on some fire
object of desire
....snip rap content.......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQdB2DAvswo

MADDY
1st September 2010, 01:45 PM
....snip rap content.......

what does this mean

jaiganes

http://mp3scorner.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/ilayaraja-rajini-songs.jpg
umakku indha Siva poojaila 'Ursus thibetanus' velai mukkiyamaa?
gumballa goindho poduviyaa adhai vittuttu ennadhidhu sinnapullathanama?. venumna Raaja BGMs for goundernnu oru disco (adhaanpa discussion) aarambikkalaam in a separate thread. inge only devotees pls.

mexicomeat
# எந்திரன்... அமெரிக்க விநியோக உரிமையைப் பெற்ற 'FICUS' மூவீஸ்!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/09/01-ficus-movies-fetched-enthiran-usa-rights.html

# எந்திரன் பிசினஸ் படு சூடு! மதுரைக்கு ரூ 13 கோடி!!

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/08/31-enthiran-madurai-rights-sold-13-crore.html

apologies if posted earlier.

kid-glove
1st September 2010, 01:46 PM
Sarna, To be honest, I'm not very keen on Rajinism, and to be brutal, lot of it is wasted on me. Thanks anyway for listing favorite bits. I remember some of these, but not as fond of 'em bcoz of contrived sequences. But as you bring up 'minimalism', it's the secret of 'style' (if at all it exists) in gestural mode of acting. And to my mind, IR's score was of a 'massive' service to Rajni's gestures in his earlier films. Deva's music gelled bcoz Suresh Krishna's Annamalai, Baasha - seemed to be the 'prototype' for the later films. Obviously, Deva hacked it from international score, etc. Yet it seemed to work better. But it's not that you should hold a similar taste in this regard. We're treading on tight rope when we enter 'masala moments'..

cm123
1st September 2010, 01:50 PM
kid, deva was good(not great) in Batsha...thats it.... i am not able to remember anything good about Annamalai.... and forgettable arunachalam.

Muthu - the charactor is not as powerful as Batsha.... and Rajinism was very minimal... andha minimum level Rajinism'a kooda next level'ku kondupOra BGM, rahmaanudayadhu :bow: :bow:

Padayappa - the perfect match of Rajinism and BGM

Sivaji - :smokesmirk:

idha naan pala mura indha hub'la sollittEn.... innum eththanai murai vEnumnaalum solluvEn... Rahman is the best when it comes to BGM for Rajinism :bow: :bow:

batsha'vukku Rahman BGM pOttirundhaa, epdi irundhirukkum :bluejump: :boo: :redjump: :victory: :happydance: :pink:

How can u forget the election victory announcement scene BGM in Annamalai which was recycled in Batsha too?It was great.

MADDY
1st September 2010, 01:51 PM
infact when i dug out the original of maddy maddy oh maddy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3Jx2uSo1s0

i found it to be rock-n-roll......

MADDY
1st September 2010, 01:55 PM
How can u forget the election victory announcement scene BGM in Annamalai which was recycled in Batsha too?It was great.

pls credit John Barry for it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8KvYKn9-0 (what a grand score :bow:)

groucho070
1st September 2010, 02:25 PM

pls credit John Barry for it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8KvYKn9-0 (what a grand score :bow:)And Monty Norman. For Basha, Terminator lifting-ku credit Brad Fiedel. Ippadiyee adikkittu pogalaam.

ajaybaskar
1st September 2010, 02:31 PM
Sarna,

Baasha was planned to be made with ARR as MD and RK Selvamani as director... :-)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 02:33 PM
Voted for Superstar as a Robot! 8-)

Me 2 :P

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 02:36 PM

So as "ARR fans" you guys watch any movie that ARR scores? Irrespective of actor, director, and what have you? That's great! :wink:

:lol2:

cm123
1st September 2010, 03:01 PM

pls credit John Barry for it - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ye8KvYKn9-0 (what a grand score :bow:)And Monty Norman. For Basha, Terminator lifting-ku credit Brad Fiedel. Ippadiyee adikkittu pogalaam.

Everyone knows that Deva's music was not original. What is the issue here?

funnyguys
1st September 2010, 03:41 PM
i need endhiran pics,wallpapers , galleries etc, can u send the link pls

vithagan
1st September 2010, 04:01 PM
Voted for Superstar :2thumbsup:

No complaints about music. Songs are rocking and BGM gonna rock, no doubt on that. Thevai illadha discussions edhukku. :huh:

Maddy,
Neenga ARRku support pannunga.........adhukaga Endhiran'ku music potirukka koodadhunnu solradhellam konjam over. :hammer:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 04:13 PM
Maddy,
Neenga ARRku support pannunga.........adhukaga Endhiran'ku music potirukka koodadhunnu solradhellam konjam over. :hammer:

i didnt tell that to insult super* or this project.......as rahman's fan, i want him to do new things instead of doing same things again and again.......as many suggest here, im sure deva (or HJ) could have done more justice to this album

omega
1st September 2010, 04:24 PM
Maddy,

i didnt tell that to insult super* or this project.......as rahman's fan, i want him to do new things instead of doing same things again and again.......as many suggest here, im sure deva (or HJ) could have done more justice to this album

ARR is the best choice for Endhiran w/o any doubt.
Any other Thalaivar movie could have been done w/o ARR, but for this no one can even come close. Songs are absolutely rocking ARR :thumbsup: :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 04:30 PM
so guys

when is the film releasing :yessir:

vithagan
1st September 2010, 04:38 PM
so guys

I guess we can expect Sept 24 :) , ARR resuming his world tour. He is coming to Boston on Sept 22nd, Before starting to world tour ARR RR mudithirupar endru nambuvoemaaga.

Shankar innum edhum post production pannittu irukaara??

vithagan
1st September 2010, 04:44 PM
..as many suggest here, im sure deva (or HJ) could have done more justice to this album

Endhiran'kku Deva.. Kaetka kooda nalla illa.. idhula paatta enga kaekardhu ;)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 04:47 PM
so guys

I guess we can expect Sept 24 :)

Hope so vithagan :sigh2:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 04:54 PM
..as many suggest here, im sure deva (or HJ) could have done more justice to this album

Endhiran'kku Deva.. Kaetka kooda nalla illa.. idhula paatta enga kaekardhu ;)

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st September 2010, 05:08 PM
Deva himself will reject the offer and humbly accept he is unfit. Also, after thanking them, instead of him, he will reccomend latest music sensation srikanth deva for enthiran.

btw, rajini is lucky for having ARR.. Muthu, Padayappa, Baba, Sivaaji, Sultan, Enthiran.....

Parthyy
1st September 2010, 05:32 PM
Deva himself will reject the offer and humbly accept he is unfit. Also, after thanking them, instead of him, he will reccomend latest music sensation srikanth deva for enthiran.

btw, rajini is lucky for having ARR.. Muthu, Padayappa, Baba, Sivaaji, Sultan, Enthiran.....
exactly....
ARR is the best for Sci-Fic like Robot......
why Deva If not ARR there is Yuvan :clap: ..then Harris.............

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:15 PM

btw, rajini is lucky for having ARR.. Muthu, Padayappa, Baba, Sivaaji, Sultan, Enthiran..... :exactly: ...the music was a pillar of a strenght for all these movies..arr illame enthiran imagine panna mudiyale..avvolo reachum ayirkadhu

VJerry
1st September 2010, 06:17 PM
Don't look at the songs only. BGM is also important. ARR can add the grand look to Super star's style and shankar's rich scenes.

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:19 PM
Don't look at the songs only. BGM is also important. ARR can add the grand look to Super star's style and shankar's rich scenes.songs r gud..gr8 reach to say the least..chumma odhukire mudiyadhu...just chk out the reach wen the movie releases...this is 1 rocking album :wink:

Avadi to America
1st September 2010, 06:22 PM

btw, rajini is lucky for having ARR.. Muthu, Padayappa, Baba, Sivaaji, Sultan, Enthiran..... :exactly: ...the music was a pillar of a strenght for all these movies..arr illame enthiran imagine panna mudiyale..avvolo reachum ayirkadhu

With all the due respect, this is not rajini's luck to have ARR. Probably Rajini want ARR and ARR is willing to work with Rajini....it is more of mutual consent and interest rather than someone's luck or fate.... why don't people call it as mani's luck to have ARR....

IMO, measuring ARR's contribution to this movie and saying that he is wasting time just by listening songs not a good conclusion....This movie demands more BGM than songs....IMR, ARR never worked in science fiction in indian mileu....let's wait and see what he offers....

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:23 PM

With all the due respect, this is not rajini's luck to have ARR. Probably Rajini want ARR and ARR is willing to work with Rajini....it is more of mutual consent and interest rather than someone's luck or fate....rajin's luck to work wid arr...and arr's luck to reach the masses through rajin..idhule enne thappu irukku...?there is no insult in this.. :)

VJerry
1st September 2010, 06:37 PM
Don't look at the songs only. BGM is also important. ARR can add the grand look to Super star's style and shankar's rich scenes.songs r gud..gr8 reach to say the least..chumma odhukire mudiyadhu...just chk out the reach wen the movie releases...this is 1 rocking album :wink:

No. I just told how ARR is adding value to the movie. I am not saying anything against the songs (personally, I liked them).
Just imagine music for MGR's entry in Sivaji. ARR really added value with BGM.

VJerry
1st September 2010, 06:38 PM

With all the due respect, this is not rajini's luck to have ARR. Probably Rajini want ARR and ARR is willing to work with Rajini....it is more of mutual consent and interest rather than someone's luck or fate....rajin's luck to work wid arr...and arr's luck to reach the masses through rajin..idhule enne thappu irukku...?there is no insult in this.. :)

Rajini is big, ARR is Big. When they joined it got bigger. With shankar it is the biggest combo or richest combo in making.

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:39 PM

No. I just told how ARR is adding value to the movie. I am not saying anything against the songs (personally, I liked them).
Just imagine music for MGR's entry in Sivaji. ARR really added value with BGM.yea got ur point...v shudn let the songs as it is..adhethaan sollavandhen :)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 06:40 PM
Stop Fighting guys :|

VJerry
1st September 2010, 06:43 PM

Just imagine music for MGR's entry in Sivaji. ARR really added value with BGM.yea got ur point...v shudn let the songs as it is..adhethaan sollavandhen :)

VJerry
1st September 2010, 06:43 PM

Paramu,

Naanga ethume start pannalaye !!!

Nerd
1st September 2010, 06:44 PM
How can u forget the election victory announcement scene BGM in Annamalai which was recycled in Batsha too?
And the ulle po scene in batsha?? Copied or not, who bothers??

And as I said somewhere else ARR's BGM > Songs when it comes to Rajini films.

And btw, there is nothing wrong in Veera's BGM. Just that Raja has not worked with Rajini since then and Rajini has been growing immensely after Veera, w.r.to Rajinism (whatever that means)

omega
1st September 2010, 06:44 PM

Yaara solreenga? Inga oru sandayum irukkura maathiri enakku theriyala....Ellaam oru karuthu parimaattRam thaan.

Avadi to America
1st September 2010, 06:48 PM
How can u forget the election victory announcement scene BGM in Annamalai which was recycled in Batsha too?
And the ulle po scene in batsha?? Copied or not, who bothers??

And as I said somewhere else ARR's BGM > Songs when it comes to Rajini films.

And btw, there is nothing wrong in Veera's BGM. Just that Raja has not worked with Rajini since then and Rajini has been growing immensely after Veera, w.r.to Rajinism (whatever that means)

it's true.... Songs in VEERA are top class.....

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 06:49 PM

Paramu,

Naanga ethume start pannalaye !!!

appO sari :)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 06:49 PM

Yaara solreenga? Inga oru sandayum irukkura maathiri enakku theriyala....Ellaam oru karuthu parimaattRam thaan.

it is OK dont worry :)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 06:50 PM
Yes VEERA songs are awsome, esp Konji Koni and maadathilE kanni maadthilE :clap:

Nerd
1st September 2010, 06:52 PM
look at dilbert's posts against ARR and his fans - there is not a single word of protest from rajini fans against his asteriks and what-not against arr........in a way its true - everything else becomes insignificant in a rajini movie
I suggest you sort out your differences with Dilbert. There is a report button too.

None of the ARR fans (unless they are Rajini fans too like SS) who post here fancy ARR working with Rajini and there was this dude who claims that Rajini blocks ARR's creative output. Did any ARR fan come to help me there? If the album is average, why can't you blame it on Rahman? Faulting Shankar/Rajini, really! :huh:

Anyway to me, the sings are nothing short of spectacular (except chit dance) and my last post on this topic.

Sudarsh
1st September 2010, 06:56 PM
Friends ever since this thread started it has been a competition between ARR and Rajini but what you dont realize they are both on the same team in this project.

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 06:59 PM
its mutual..let this end here...after all v all know the respect rajni andarr share for one another

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 07:00 PM
Er has any one noticed the poll results ? :lol2: :yessir:

mexicomeat
1st September 2010, 07:04 PM
copied or not, deva did a damn good with the music that appears when 'SuperStar Rajni' appears on the title.

Even ARR didn't bother to change it for Muthu (Infact if you watch the movie Muthu - it starts with IR music 'Agara mudhala ezhuthellam....' followed by Deva's music 'Hey... Heyy...' followed by ARR's music for the title card.

Having said that, IR didn't want to use Deva's music (Hey.. Hey...) for the superstar title.

He used his own for the Veera movie - which can be seen @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtlAu2wAj5A (from 00:40)

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 07:07 PM
copied or not, deva did a damn good with the music that appears when 'SuperStar Rajni' appears on the title.

Even ARR didn't bother to change it for Muthu (Infact if you watch the movie Muthu - it starts with IR music 'Agara mudhala ezhuthellam....' followed by Deva's music 'Hey... Heyy...' followed by ARR's music for the title card.

Having said that, IR didn't want to use Deva's music (Hey.. Hey...) for the superstar title.

He used his own for the Veera movie - which can be seen @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtlAu2wAj5A (from 00:40)deva was gud agreed...but arr vandhadhum avarode talent therinji rajni has worked wid him and majority of films
matter over...

VJerry
1st September 2010, 07:09 PM

He used his own for the Veera movie - which can be seen @ http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rtlAu2wAj5A (from 00:40)
Yes... Damn good.[/b]

MADDY
1st September 2010, 07:12 PM

agara mudhala ezhuthellam bit is for every kavithalaya productions who produced Muthu

"hey hey" music is for superstar and directors/producers insist so

Veera was produced by IR frnd punchu arunchalam hence he had his way

sathya_1979
1st September 2010, 07:14 PM
Ellaarum ippo edhukku tungsten aavaraanga? :roll: A movie is a team work - Win together / lose together. SS Fans will watch for SS, ARR Fans will watch for ARR, Fans of both will watch for both (enna oru kandupidippu self :hammer: ). Edhukku ippo indha sandai. It's time to celebrate and enjoy guys. :samaadhaana pura / white flag:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 07:18 PM
Ellaarum ippo edhukku tungsten aavaraanga? :roll: A movie is a team work - Win together / lose together. SS Fans will watch for SS, ARR Fans will watch for ARR, Fans of both will watch for both (enna oru kandupidippu self :hammer: ). Edhukku ippo indha sandai. It's time to celebrate and enjoy guys. :samaadhaana pura / white flag:

"feeling of team" has to come from both sides

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 07:19 PM

"feeling of team" has to come from both sidesthats the problem.. :)

Avadi to America
1st September 2010, 07:20 PM
look at dilbert's posts against ARR and his fans - there is not a single word of protest from rajini fans against his asteriks and what-not against arr........in a way its true - everything else becomes insignificant in a rajini movie
I suggest you sort out your differences with Dilbert. There is a report button too.

None of the ARR fans (unless they are Rajini fans too like SS) who post here fancy ARR working with Rajini and there was this dude who claims that Rajini blocks ARR's creative output. Did any ARR fan come to help me there? If the album is average, why can't you blame it on Rahman? Faulting Shankar/Rajini, really! :huh:

Anyway to me, the sings are nothing short of spectacular (except chit dance) and my last post on this topic.

I too did not understand why they think such a way....

sathya_1979
1st September 2010, 07:24 PM
Maddy, not exactly everyone will feel the same - Be it professional env or otherwise. U know better. Let's worry / take the word of majority who had enjoyed this album and appreciated it. A couple of disagreements will always be there. And few people will try to show that they have "BRAIN" by provoking others. No matter how much ever u try, they won't change. And they, their opinion is irrelevent / trivial for us. Same about our opinions. Indha naattula 120 kOdi makkaL irukkaanga, avangaLa thiruththaradhu namma vElai illa. We all want the album and the movie to be a massive hit. avLodhaan. Matter over.

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 07:24 PM

I too did not understand why they think such a way....shankar-rahman combo has several gr8 numbers..but wat needs to b realised is that the tunes of arr-shankar films(esp enthiran) is heard somewhere b4 feel to it..few songs that is..how can arr alone take the blame..shankar's taste could b a factor?he would have needed those kinds of ludes....is arr known for his repetiton of his tunes?...thats the fact..and lets stop this right here..

Nerd
1st September 2010, 07:32 PM
I don't understand, whats the repitition w.r.to Enthiran's music? Any tune/ludes/chord progressions?

And bringing back horns for Arima Arima is unimaginative? Pudhiya Manidha's tune structure is unimaginative? The ludes in boom boom is unimaginative? Its a pity that a not so big ARR fan has to sell his music and it happens only for Rajini films.

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 07:35 PM
I don't understand, whats the repitition w.r.to Enthiran's music? Any tune/ludes/chord progressions?

And bringing back horns for Arima Arima is unimaginative? Pudhiya Manidha's tune structure is unimaginative? The ludes in boom boom is unimaginative? Its a pity that a not so big ARR fan has to sell his music and it happens only for Rajini films.if the album is claimed "average"..then the fault is not entirely on arr..thats the point i m tryin to make..this topic is more becoming an IMO topic..they r working ofr the same movie..y bringing other MDs here?...idhe ithode vitralam nerd..pls..this is not healthy

tamizharasan
1st September 2010, 07:42 PM
IMO endhiran is definitely the best album in the past several years for Rajini. All the credit goes to ARR for this. I wish Rajini will keep working with ARR in the future projects too.

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 07:51 PM
Maddy / Nerd & other great hearted friends!!

bcoz there is no news about movie... Ungalkku naan than keadchana?

:hammer: :sigh2: I expressed my view on people who voted for 1 option or the other(without being active in this thread) to poke fun at RK Fans.

even stanwinson studio got 1 vote :shock:

BTW Mr. Maddy, its just a kids movie. Let it go.

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 07:53 PM
IMO endhiran is definitely the best album in the past several years for Rajini. All the credit goes to ARR for this. I wish Rajini will keep working with ARR in the future projects too.

:lol: TA , I thought this will be thalivar's last Grand Finale?

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 07:58 PM
AS PER ME GVP lost a major opportunity to shine like ARR in Thaliavar Movies.

I would love to see HJR, Thaman, YSR compose mujik for thaliavar's future movies (if there is any) something fresh.

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 08:00 PM

And bringing back horns for Arima Arima is unimaginative? Pudhiya Manidha's tune structure is unimaginative? The ludes in boom boom is unimaginative? Its a pity that a not so big ARR fan has to sell his music and it happens only for Rajini films.

Saravanna - ooddhu !! :lol:

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 08:01 PM
more than spending time on discussing about the movie, most of us waste time in debating over individual tastes and prejudice.

I myself feel that something is missing in Endhiran songs but instead of judging I prefer wait to see them in the movie cos, I had the same feeling for Sivaji songs and was surprised to see them in the movie.

Rajini-Kamal, ARR-IR thaandi ippo cross cultural comparision Rajini-ARR enga irundhu vandhadhu...?

this is a great combo and both of them are happy enough to be part of the project and mutually responsible to pull this together with Shankar. Now if anything could go wrong, it must be with the way Shankar has developed it. lets wait and see.

enakkennavo indha sun pictures dhaan edho sodhappura madhiri theriyudhu, but i am hopeful there will be a turnaround in the way they promote instead of only spending energy on calculating the money they can make.

Nerd
1st September 2010, 08:03 PM

Saravanna - ooddhu !! :lol:
What?

tamizharasan
1st September 2010, 08:05 PM
more than spending time on discussing about the movie, most of us waste time in debating over individual tastes and prejudice.

I myself feel that something is missing in Endhiran songs but instead of judging I prefer wait to see them in the movie cos, I had the same feeling for Sivaji songs and was surprised to see them in the movie.

Rajini-Kamal, ARR-IR thaandi ippo cross cultural comparision Rajini-ARR enga irundhu vandhadhu...?

this is a great combo and both of them are happy enough to be part of the project and mutually responsible to pull this together with Shankar. Now if anything could go wrong, it must be with the way Shankar has developed it. lets wait and see.

enakkennavo indha sun pictures dhaan edho sodhappura madhiri theriyudhu, but i am hopeful there will be a turnaround in the way they promote instead of only spending energy on calculating the money they can make.

This is what exactly happening. They pissed off many distributors already by asking ridiculously high amounts. There is no limit for their greediness, even after owning the 50% of GDP of TN.

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 08:07 PM
AS PER ME GVP lost a major opportunity to shine like ARR in Thaliavar Movies.

I would love to see HJR, Thaman, YSR compose mujik for thaliavar's future movies (if there is any) something fresh.

:sutham:

Poornima
1st September 2010, 08:09 PM
FB-le people have started making claims of having preview (Abirami) tickets and have priced them at Rs 500 apiece. has the Sep 24 release been formally confirmed?

raghavendran
1st September 2010, 08:09 PM
FB-le people have started making claims of having preview (Abirami) tickets and have priced them at Rs 500 apiece. has the Sep 24 release been formally confirmed? :shock:

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 08:12 PM
Maddy: This is exactly what I meant yesterday when I said I foresee a lot of "discussions/arguments" coming our way when the poll options were created! :lol:

Just because some fans on the extreme of both sides (whether it's Rajini or ARR) feel so protective about their star's image, everyone else and the movie as a whole needs to take a beating? :notworthy:

That being said, I still disagree with your view on ARR should not score music for a Rajini movie, and that his quality of output diminishes by doing so! :wink:

I hope we can put an end to this "discussion" please and move on with the movie. It should be a win-win for all and not like this! :)

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 08:14 PM
yaaru enna pesinaalum, the fact and the talk of the public will be:
Endhiran - A Rajini movie with ARR's music under Shankars direction.

Poornima
1st September 2010, 08:16 PM
raghavendran
they could be fibbing, no idea... saw it on the Endhiran FB page.

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 08:16 PM

Saravana - ooddhu !! :lol:
What?

Telugu joke bro !! EKSI oda different variation .. :oops: :lol:

ARR mujik - something new to Indian Cinema agreed , mixing (more mujikal term (f)pusioning ) middle eastern with classical + Westeren and tribal mujik and whatever the rest was.
Has created a new breed of mujik.. Ramahnic.

But its overrated in some albums.This is 1 such album

I said this from day 1 , its a Very good ablum but far from great and to the question of whether its suits Endthiran's stature as a project. It needs to be seen on the silver screen!

Nerd
1st September 2010, 08:19 PM
You dont like it when you are sober, thats OK. But that doesnt mean you should BS mine or other's opinions. I like it. Period.

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 08:21 PM

Saravana - ooddhu !! :lol:
What?

Telugu joke bro !! EKSI oda different variation .. :oops: :lol:

ARR mujik - something new to Indian Cinema agreed , mixing (more mujikal term (f)pusioning ) middle eastern with classical + Westeren and tribal mujik and whatever the rest was.
Has created a new breed of mujik.. Ramahnic.

But its overrated in some albums.This is 1 such album

I said this from day 1 , its a Very good ablum but far from great and to the question of whether its suits Endthiran's stature as a project. It needs to be seen on the silver screen!

there ends the discussion, mm elundhu dappava thattivittuttu nadanga. :)

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 08:23 PM
No Fightings amongst SS FANS PLEASE :|

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 08:24 PM
You dont like it when you are sober, thats OK. But that doesnt mean you should BS mine or other's opinions. I like it. Period.

EKSI was funny expression .

huh ? I never said I didn't like come on man !! sober seriously ??

Nor I said your onions are BS.

SoftSword
1st September 2010, 08:24 PM
paramu, neenga yaen romba nerama indha argumentku peru vekkiradhulayae kuriya irukkinga? edhachum edhir paakkureengala? illa time passka? ;)

thamiz
1st September 2010, 08:26 PM

Why are you so suspicious?

It will come out good in Silver screen! :D

MADDY
1st September 2010, 08:31 PM
Just because some fans on the extreme of both sides (whether it's Rajini or ARR) feel so protective about their star's image, everyone else and the movie as a whole needs to take a beating? :notworthy:

endhiran-kaaga ellam ARR-a vittu thara mudiyadhunga........if there are demeaning remarks abt ARR's music , i will oppose it.....

That being said, I still disagree with your view on ARR should not score music for a Rajini movie, and that his quality of output diminishes by doing so! :wink:

nah - i didnt say so.....in a rajini movie, everyone becomes irrelevant - so ARR, post oscars aiming at global publicity is definitely a misfit in endhiran.......why dont kamal/rajini work in a maniratnam movie - because they have outgrown each other - i just said the same point.....reg album being average - i agree, its rahman's and shankar's fault - rahman always gives what directors ask......

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 08:32 PM

Why are you so suspicious?

It will come out good in Silver screen! :D

I am not suspicious mam, just a genuine thought.

jaiganes
1st September 2010, 08:39 PM
I voted for Rajini.
Justification:
The project was there with Shankar b4.
It did have all the technical crew - Sabu cyril, ARR etc., b4 Rajini.
However the project became special because Rajini joined in. Then it became the cash cow which Ayngaran and Sun pics wanted 4 themselves, were ready to invest in stan winton, some foreign fight master and what not. So without Rajini, this project would have happened - but not at this scale and definitely not with this style too. Sure some compromises might have been made here and there, but overall Rajini's presence made this project even possible and it makes it even more exciting.

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 08:43 PM
I voted for Rajini.
Justification:
However the project became special because Rajini joined in. Then it became the cash cow which Ayngaran and Sun pics wanted 4 themselves, were ready to invest in stan winton, some foreign fight master and what not. So without Rajini, this project would have happened - but not at this scale and definitely not with this style too. Sure some compromises might have been made here and there, but overall Rajini's presence made this project even possible and it makes it even more exciting.

This is your first hub post I couldn't agree more . Hope 2 see more such posts in future :P

Thaliavaa
:notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

PARAMASHIVAN
1st September 2010, 08:47 PM
paramu, neenga yaen romba nerama indha argumentku peru vekkiradhulayae kuriya irukkinga? edhachum edhir paakkureengala? illa time passka? ;)

ithuku thaan :lol2: :yessir:

vithagan
1st September 2010, 08:55 PM
I voted for Rajini.
Justification:

Nuch :thumbsup:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st September 2010, 08:56 PM
Whatever it is, there is NO Music Director other than Rahman, to deliver a superhit album for a movie which is Sci-Fi.

After hearing all the funky, great, new electronic sounds from ARr, if someone is saying he is needless, thy are deaf.

Again, if some ardent fan of rahman is worrying, inspite of ARR's great music for endhiran, the right compliment is due, then its good to see what happened, happenning to IR's greatest of the greatest works. Some time he to face the same fate and its oly HC Fans who support. So just leave it and go ahead

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
1st September 2010, 08:59 PM
without Rajini, this project would have happened - but not at this scale and definitely not with this style too. :yes: The Screen is set fire, only becos of rajni. Can you imagine ajith or Vijay in this movie?!? ( not to hurt anybody, they have their own comfort zone )

Ramakrishna
1st September 2010, 09:21 PM
I don't think Rajini is someone who interferes with music creation, so i don't mind ARR working for a Rajini movie or for that matter, any actor's movie. I am more concerned about the director, i strongly feel he needs to stop working with Shankar & Mani.

MADDY
1st September 2010, 09:25 PM
I don't think Rajini is someone who interferes with music creation, so i don't mind ARR working for a Rajini movie or for that matter, any actor's movie. I am more concerned about the director, i strongly feel he needs to stop working with Shankar & Mani.

i dont think we "realise" the "value" of "working with maniratnam" :P - but u r right, ARR needs to expand his horizons....

but oru rajini padathula, ARR becomes secondary or even tertiary - is that ok with u ram??? "idhukku deva-ve better" "raja dhaan ennaikkum bestu rajinikku" "yaaru music pottalum, hit aagum rajini padathula" - indha madhiri comments ellam ketkave kashtama, veruppa irukkum...........i mean why all these remarks-ngra madhiri irukkum

Nerd
1st September 2010, 09:30 PM
Couple's retreat - One of the last entities in that film
Slumdock - Danny Boyle > 'Hope' factor which fetched all oscars > Rahman
Delhi 6 - Rakeysh > Pachan > Rahman
VTV - GVM > Rahman
Sakkarakatti - Rahman > others

More sakkarakatti's to follow :clap: :bow:

Can you please let go Maddy and spare this thread?