PDA

View Full Version : || Enthiran - The Robot | Shankar | Rajni | Aishwarya ||

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

Ramakrishna
1st September 2010, 09:31 PM
but oru rajini padathula, ARR becomes secondary or even tertiary - is that ok with u ram??? im just checking

Are you asking this wrt mass or popularity of the songs or the quality of the output?

MADDY
1st September 2010, 09:33 PM
Can you please let go Maddy and spare this thread?

u always have the report button

MADDY
1st September 2010, 09:34 PM
but oru rajini padathula, ARR becomes secondary or even tertiary - is that ok with u ram??? im just checking

Are you asking this wrt mass or popularity of the songs or the quality of the output?

i have added comments to help u understand better.......

vithagan
1st September 2010, 09:34 PM

Indha Discussion'a Neenga A.R.Rehman threadla vaichukalaame.. :huh:

ARR should stop working with MR and Shankar'nu neenga 3 perum ( Maddy, Raghav & RK) "Last Song.... " threadla soneenga... fine. Ovvoru threada poi sollanumnu avasiyam illaingale.. :banghead:

MADDY
1st September 2010, 09:35 PM

Indha Discussion'a Neenga A.R.Rehman threadla vaichukalaame.. :huh:

i would be glad if MODS can move the posts

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 09:38 PM
Any New Stills / Trailers/ Bits? cossips?

Nerd
1st September 2010, 09:43 PM
Edhu eppadiyO, thEvai illaadha, sila delusional digression-aala thread fast-aa pOgudhu.. Who is opening the next thread?

Ramakrishna
1st September 2010, 09:46 PM
"idhukku deva-ve better" "raja dhaan ennaikkum bestu rajinikku" "yaaru music pottalum, hit aagum rajini padathula" - indha madhiri comments ellam ketkave kashtama, veruppa irukkum...........i mean why all these remarks-ngra madhiri irukkum

These things used to hurt me tremendously, even now i would be hurt to an extent if someone says that, but i have stopped caring about such things anymore. Infact, i can understand if any Rajini fan says that, because he would be more interested in listening to catchy/massy music, there is nothing wrong if he says Deva's music suited Rajini more than ARR's. Yes, i don't want ARR to work for a Rajini movie if the script/director forces ARR to do the template stuff.
I regret ARR working for Sivaji, but i don't feel that way for Endhiran even though i am not thoroughly satisfied with the abum.

vithagan
1st September 2010, 09:46 PM
Edhu eppadiyO, thEvai illaadha, sila delusional digression-aala thread fast-aa pOgudhu.. Who is opening the next thread?

Ooru rendu patta Thread Openerku Kondattam ;) :lol:

ajithfederer
1st September 2010, 09:48 PM
Digression:
Thozhil adhibar ramakrishna :clap:. Engayo poiteenga sir :).

dig ends//.

"idhukku deva-ve better" "raja dhaan ennaikkum bestu rajinikku" "yaaru music pottalum, hit aagum rajini padathula" - indha madhiri comments ellam ketkave kashtama, veruppa irukkum...........i mean why all these remarks-ngra madhiri irukkum

These things used to hurt me tremendously, even now i would be hurt to an extent if someone says that, but i have stopped caring about such things anymore. Infact, i can understand if any Rajini fan says that, because he would be more interested in listening to catchy/massy music, there is nothing wrong if he says Deva's music suited Rajini more than ARR's. Yes, i don't want ARR to work for a Rajini movie if the script/director forces ARR to do the template stuff.
I regret ARR working for Sivaji, but i don't feel that way for Endhiran even though i am not thoroughly satisfied with the abum.

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 09:48 PM

What's wrong with Sivaji's music now, I thought you said they rocked when they released? :P

Dilbert
1st September 2010, 09:50 PM

i have added comments to help u understand better.......

Dude, you are making something out of nothing man ! seriously, you are HC fan of ARR so?

IN RAJNI Movie he is the ULTIMATE FACTOR ,everything else including Direction matter only to an extent. I wouldn't say meaningless
Example = CM - PASU direction
Example = Kuslean =PASU direction (though it was suppose to be guest role movie) you know what happened:oops:
Same goes to Shivaji too .. Touch you heart and tell me which other ACTOR could have carried that script / songs to that level?

So pl don't argue just for heck of arguing man , No one is saying anyone can compose mujik like ARR - its impossible. He has created his own breed of mujik. "Is ARR Globally recognized brand" I am sorry ignorant in that space I am don't know what is "Global Mujik like some of you do" so I will take you word for it.

BUT I would agree any MD can compose to RAJINI Movie which can / will become a super hit album.
Example Vidyasagar - CM

Ramakrishna
1st September 2010, 09:52 PM

What's wrong with Sivaji's music now, I thought you said they rocked when they released? :P

athaan prachanaiye.. :lol: It rocked initially,but fizzled out later. I prefer his growing stuff which would make a lasting impact. I still love Muthu and Padiayappa songs/BGM, but not Sivaji

Movie Cop
1st September 2010, 09:52 PM
Example = CM - PASU direction
Example = Kuslean =PASU direction
:lol:

jaaze
1st September 2010, 09:56 PM
Any New Stills / Trailers/ Bits? cossips? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRzCGX11ARY 8-)

m_23_bayarea
1st September 2010, 10:03 PM
Came across this video...

Ranjikant Upsets Fans In Speech

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L9xNCvmhfr0&feature=channel

Exactly what went on here in the HUB as well with his speech(es) in the Audio release functions! :P

Avadi to America
1st September 2010, 10:21 PM
தீபாவளிக்கு வரும் எந்திரன்
சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினியின் எந்திரன் திரைப்படம் வரும் தீபாவளித் திரை விருந்தாக வெளிவருகிறது. இந்தத் தகவலை அப்படத்தின் அமெரிக்க விநியோக உரிமையைப் பெற்றுள்ள Ficus Movies தெரிவித்துள்ளது.

எந்திரன் படம் ஆகஸ்ட் இறுதியில் வெளியாகும் என்று கூறப்பட்டது. ஆனால் செப்டம்பர் இறுதி வாரம் வெளியாகும் என்று சன்பிக்சர்ஸ் தரப்பில் அறிவித்தனர்.

ஆனால் படத்தின் கிராபிக்ஸ் பணிகள் மற்றும் பின்னணி இசை சேர்ப்பு இன்னும் முடியாததால் அக்டோபர் 8-ம் தேதி வெளியாகும் என்று கூறப்பட்டது.

இந்த நிலையில் எந்திரன் தீபாவளி விருந்தாக வெளிவரும் என்று, அப்படத்தின் அமெரிக்க விநியோக உரிமை பெற்றுள்ள Ficus Movies தரப்பில் கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஆனால் இதுகுறித்து சன் பிக்சர்ஸ் தரப்பில் இன்னும் எந்த அறிவிப்பும் வெளியாகவில்லை என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

http://www.sivajitv.com/news/enthiran-to-release-as-diwali-special.htm

tamizharasan
1st September 2010, 10:26 PM
சூப்பர் ஸ்டார் ரஜினியின் எந்திரன் திரைப்படம் வரும் தீபாவளித் திரை விருந்தாக வெளிவருகிறது. இந்தத் தகவலை அப்படத்தின் அமெரிக்க விநியோக உரிமையைப் பெற்றுள்ள Ficus Movies தெரிவித்துள்ளது.

எந்திரன் படம் ஆகஸ்ட் இறுதியில் வெளியாகும் என்று கூறப்பட்டது. ஆனால் செப்டம்பர் இறுதி வாரம் வெளியாகும் என்று சன்பிக்சர்ஸ் தரப்பில் அறிவித்தனர்.

ஆனால் படத்தின் கிராபிக்ஸ் பணிகள் மற்றும் பின்னணி இசை சேர்ப்பு இன்னும் முடியாததால் அக்டோபர் 8-ம் தேதி வெளியாகும் என்று கூறப்பட்டது.

இந்த நிலையில் எந்திரன் தீபாவளி விருந்தாக வெளிவரும் என்று, அப்படத்தின் அமெரிக்க விநியோக உரிமை பெற்றுள்ள Ficus Movies தரப்பில் கூறப்பட்டுள்ளது.

ஆனால் இதுகுறித்து சன் பிக்சர்ஸ் தரப்பில் இன்னும் எந்த அறிவிப்பும் வெளியாகவில்லை என்பது குறிப்பிடத்தக்கது.

If they can say which deepavali then the information will be even more useful.

Nerd
1st September 2010, 10:26 PM
Infact, i can understand if any Rajini fan says that, because he would be more interested in listening to catchy/massy music, there is nothing wrong if he says Deva's music suited Rajini more than ARR's.
Saar, some of IR's best songs in his career were for Rajini's template films. Aagaaya gangai for Dharmayuddham, Santhanakatre for Thanikkattu Raja etc. And Rahman has given everlasting songs like Sahana, kokku saiva kokku, baba kichu kichu and I don't see any template there. Branding of Rajini (his fans, his movies) is the last thing I would want to read in this forum.

m_karthik
1st September 2010, 10:28 PM
IN RAJNI Movie he is the ULTIMATE FACTOR ,everything else including Direction matter only to an extent.

Just because of this, i told, unwanted comparisons becoz of the poll.
If the candidate is selected unanimously then there will not be any voting procedures rite? :roll:

vithagan
1st September 2010, 10:29 PM
Not sure how far the above news is True.

Ivanunga late panna panna... expectation konjam konjama koraiyudhu :(

Nerd
1st September 2010, 10:30 PM
Actually I would like it to be on the 8th now. The weekend of Sep 24th, I am very busy man. But will defly see PDPS but may not be able to see more than twice. Oct 8th I can see once everyday for 4 days :smokesmile:

jaaze
1st September 2010, 10:33 PM
I highly doubt the film release would be delayed till Deepavali :?
Going by the rumours, I guess a probable release date would be Sep 30 or Oct 1 / 8
Having announced a September release, they have the liberty to release it on the last day of Sep and I guess a Rajini movie releasing on a Thursday is nothing unheard of..

By the looks of it, I guess it would be this way - International release on Sep 30 and India release on Oct 1

Avadi to America
1st September 2010, 10:37 PM

If they can say which deepavali then the information will be even more useful.

TA,

is that true? never heard of ficus (telugu distributors) in usa.....

Ramakrishna
1st September 2010, 10:39 PM
Infact, i can understand if any Rajini fan says that, because he would be more interested in listening to catchy/massy music, there is nothing wrong if he says Deva's music suited Rajini more than ARR's.
Saar, some of IR's best songs in his career were for Rajini's template films. Aagaaya gangai for Dharmayuddham, Santhanakatre for Thanikkattu Raja etc. And Rahman has given everlasting songs like Sahana, kokku saiva kokku, baba kichu kichu and I don't see any template there. Branding of Rajini (his fans, his movies) is the last thing I would want to read in this forum.

Saar, i clearly said " IF any Raini fan says Deva's music is better than ARR's music for Rajini", which means i am talking only about those Rajini fans who like to see routine stuff. I am not stereotyping all Rajini fans.

Moreover, Rajini during IR era was quite different imo. Also, great MDs like ARR, IR stamp their greatness even in template movies, athukku onnum panna mudiyaathu, athu avanga gunam.

Sunil_M88
10th September 2010, 04:56 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ql3A_wiedc :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
10th September 2010, 04:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ql3A_wiedc :thumbsup:

Sunil_M88
10th September 2010, 05:15 PM
Sorry for posting the link twice.

Here is the link to hindi website ----> http://www.robotthefilm.com/

Kumar2020
10th September 2010, 06:19 PM
wow...thanks sunil...ur making an impact here since joining...

K
10th September 2010, 06:27 PM
http://narumugai.com/?p=11451

Enthiran Soon........
நாளை மறுதினம் (செப் 11) படத்தின் அதிரடியான முன்னோட்டக் காட்சிகள் வெளியிடப்படுகிறது. இதனை சத்யம் திரையரங்கில் வைத்து ஒரு தனி விழாவாகவே நடத்துகிறார்கள். அதே நேரம் அம்பத்தூர் ராக்கி, கேகே நகர் காசி திரையரங்குகளிலும் ட்ரைலர் வெளியாகிறது. அடுத்த இரு வாரங்களுக்கு உலகம் முழுக்க உள்ள திரையரங்குகளில் எந்திரன் ட்ரைலரைக் காணலாம்.

http://narumugai.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/enthiran-new.jpg

Sunil_M88
10th September 2010, 08:11 PM
wow...thanks sunil...ur making an impact here since joining...

Well, thanks! I do try. I'd like to think that the hub is my 2nd home and family.

After watching the new trailer a ridiculous amount of times, Boom Boom Robo Da has sedimented to the core of mind :lol: In the actual song I've noticed that the female portion has shades that resemble Thigu Thigu from Ah Aah.

A.ANAND
10th September 2010, 08:29 PM
[tscii:c8e97b5624]Young singers get to sing with AR Rahman
By FAZLEENA AZIZ
fazleena@thestar.com.my

THEIR voices may be familiar to some as singers Lady Kash and Krissy are making waves in the music industry.

They recently made a huge impact by singing with Academy Award-winning musician AR Rahman for his Enthiran album.

Enthiran, which means Robot is considered the most expensive Indian movie ever made by director Shankar and superstar Rajinikanth with Bollywood doll Aishwarya Rai Bachan as the leading lady.

The song Irumbile Oru Idhaiyam (There is a heart in a steel) is already a certified hit and the girls are humbled by the encouraging response.

Saradha Krissy, 19, and Kalai Kash, 20, who hail from Singapore, both met through a social networking site and have been friends for four years.

Their genre of music features Pop, Hip-Hop, R&B, Rap, Urban and World Music.

They were referred to Rahman by a fellow singer in the Indian cinema industry, who had heard them during a song recording.

They two were also part of Rahman¡¯s team for the Tamil anthem song entitled Senmozhi (classical language), which was the theme song for the World Classical Tamil Conference held in Coimbatore, India in June 2010.

¡°On a higher and more powerful level, we believe it was a spiritual alliance as working with Rahman was one of our dreams.

¡°Working on Enthiran was truly a humbling and exciting experience,¡± they said, adding that they were thankful to Rahman for his faith in them.

They also said that music is a boundless ocean and that they would not limit themselves to just one genre.

¡°When we started, it took us time and a lot of hard work to build a fan base.¡±

¡°Now, our listeners are supportive. Even as we go forth in our musical journey, our earliest experience of working on Enthiran will be most memorable as we had so much fun,¡± they said.

Currently, Lady Kash and Krissy are working on their promotional album entitled Dreams, which is to be released by the end of the year.

http://thestar.com.my/metro/story.asp?file=%2F2010%2F9%2F3%2Fcentral%2F6896354&sec=central[/tscii:c8e97b5624]

m_karthik
10th September 2010, 09:50 PM
[tscii:bb28153cdc]
Saradha Krissy, 19, and Kalai Kash, 20, who hail from Singapore, both met through a social networking site and have been friends for four years.
[/tscii:bb28153cdc]

Oh..ivanga rendu perum Bob Galy group ah... :lol:

K
11th September 2010, 12:35 AM
[tscii:18cea804ec]http://www.tamilagaarasiyal.com/ActionPages/Content.aspx?bid=1618&rid=82

says Enthiran release on 24th Sept

‘‘ம்... இம்மாதம் 24ம் தேதி ‘எந்திரன்’ ரிலீஸ். அடுத்து யு.எஸ். அங்கிருந்து திரும்பியதும் ஹிமாலயாஸ். இதுதான் ரஜினியின் திட்டம்’’
[/tscii:18cea804ec]

K
11th September 2010, 11:27 AM
[tscii:fc38e59d8a]http://www.hindu.com/mp/2010/09/11/stories/2010091153720300.htm
Superstar Rajinikath's “Enthiran” is to be released on September 24 all over the world. Nearly 35 screens are going to screen it in the city. According to industry sources, some multiplexes are going to screen it in their entire complex. [/tscii:fc38e59d8a]

Sunil_M88
12th September 2010, 02:34 AM
Nice interpretation of Kadhal anukkal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYN8FtBh0Ic&feature=email

K
12th September 2010, 03:24 AM
http://www.envazhi.com/?p=20313

New Trailers

K
12th September 2010, 03:30 AM
So far the only vote for the song "Boom Boom Robo Da" in the poll is mine. Im Sure the Song will Rock after the Movie release. Watch and enjoy the Trailer from above link.

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 06:04 PM
Endiran / Enthiran TamilTheatrical Trailer -HD- With Subtitle -> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZvB9-TJe_lI

MADDY
13th September 2010, 06:53 PM
trailer looks to me a usual shankar movie with better graphics......but graphics in some places are going to be funny, i believe........i think movie will have song instrumentals as BGM, i think that would suffice

A.ANAND
13th September 2010, 07:24 PM
trailer looks to me a usual shankar movie with better graphics......but graphics in some places are going to be funny, i believe........i think movie will have song instrumentals as BGM, i think that would suffice

neenga vera vaithila puliya karaikatheengga maddy! :shaking:

satissh_r
13th September 2010, 08:25 PM

Maddy not sure if you saw the function on tv, Vairamuthu said something about the BGM. Rahman felt the climax deserved a world class BGM piece and hence wanted symphony music there. He contacted Maran about it and said that one piece could cost 60 lakhs :shock: Maran said if Rahman felt that symphony was required he could go ahead and do it even if it cost 10 lakhs more :D

Even Shankar said Rahman had done 3 different BGM stlyes - Electronic, Indian (could be acoustic) and symphony :D

Sunil_M88
13th September 2010, 11:35 PM
AR RAHMAN PROMOTES ROBOT IN THE US

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/sep-10-03/rahman-endhiran-13-09-10.html

A.ANAND
14th September 2010, 09:07 AM

Maddy not sure if you saw the function on tv, Vairamuthu said something about the BGM. Rahman felt the climax deserved a world class BGM piece and hence wanted symphony music there. He contacted Maran about it and said that one piece could cost 60 lakhs :shock: Maran said if Rahman felt that symphony was required he could go ahead and do it even if it cost 10 lakhs more :D

Even Shankar said Rahman had done 3 different BGM stlyes - Electronic, Indian (could be acoustic) and symphony :D

any video link!

satissh_r
14th September 2010, 10:14 AM
any video link!

I saw it on tv Anand sir, will try and get links also :)

EDIT: http://www.tamilkey.com/watch-video-of-endhiran-trailer-release-function-full-video-online.html

It has got the full function video I suppose

Plum
14th September 2010, 03:49 PM
adhE adhE!

ivLO hi-fi movie-la Danny oru glass piece-ai aish kazhuthula vechu 1950's NambiyAr rangeku meRattaradhai modho trailerla pArthappOvE, oru chinna nerudal irundhudhu.

vENumnA, "enna dhAn hi-fi sci-fi ellAm vandhAlum, finally human survival instinct is about the simplest tools you can lay your hands upon" apdinnu Shankar sub-text vechurukkArnu sollikkalAm!

baba88
14th September 2010, 04:02 PM
shankar went overboard with the graphics. Animating the robot would have been more than enough but then again in the trailer you can see a speaking bee or something like that.
I dont know if this movie will be liked by the older generation. Hope it will...

ajaybaskar
14th September 2010, 04:09 PM
That was a speaking mosquito. Somebody had mentioned the scene in Orkut couple of months back. One mosquito bites A.Rai and Rajni goes on chasing it and to hunt it down. Mosquito then converses with Rajni, asking him to kill another mosquito.

SoftSword
14th September 2010, 04:13 PM
adhE adhE!

ivLO hi-fi movie-la Danny oru glass piece-ai aish kazhuthula vechu 1950's NambiyAr rangeku meRattaradhai modho trailerla pArthappOvE, oru chinna nerudal irundhudhu.

vENumnA, "enna dhAn hi-fi sci-fi ellAm vandhAlum, finally human survival instinct is about the simplest tools you can lay your hands upon" apdinnu Shankar sub-text vechurukkArnu sollikkalAm!

Plum,
ennadhaan pilot'naalum 10vadhu madi apartment poganumna lift dhaan use pannuvaanga :)
idhukkaga scientist kaila kirumi bomb vecha aisha metattuvaar?

SoftSword
14th September 2010, 04:14 PM
shankar went overboard with the graphics. Animating the robot would have been more than enough but then again in the trailer you can see a speaking bee or something like that.
I dont know if this movie will be liked by the older generation. Hope it will...

the father of this mosquito was Sujatha and not Shankar if I am not wrong, Shankar mentioned that Sujatha sir named it with one of his own nicknames.

K
14th September 2010, 04:33 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/09/14-rajinikanth-enthiran-october-01.html

release date changed once again?

MADDY
14th September 2010, 05:07 PM

symphony etc ok but the tune would be arima arima played on different instruments.......

reg 60 lacs thingy
AR: release date eppa sollirukeenga
KM: 24th september
AR: 1 week delay aana loss evalavu
KM: 2-3cr
AR: adhula oru 60 lacs KM conservatory-kku kuduthrunga, padam mudichhu thandhudren
KM: neenga 70 lacs vena eduthhukonga, aana padam 24th september release aaganum

* just a joke, AR is a man of highest ethical discipline and will never deal in such a way with people like maran

SoftSword
14th September 2010, 05:09 PM
ARR vechu idha epdi ungalukku karpanaila thonuchu?
something fundamentally wrong with ur ethos

MADDY
14th September 2010, 06:04 PM

ennoda ethos-a vidunga, padam paathuttu ellarum pathos aagama irundha seri

Vivasaayi
14th September 2010, 06:12 PM
He contacted Maran about it and said that one piece could cost 60 lakhs :shock

AR Rahman calling maran and saying one piece will cost 60 lakhs and are you ready?...
nambara maadhiri illiyee!

raghavendran
14th September 2010, 06:12 PM

ennoda ethos-a vidunga, padam paathuttu ellarum pathos aagama irundha seri :rotfl3:

A.ANAND
14th September 2010, 06:15 PM
-edited-

A.ANAND
14th September 2010, 06:18 PM

symphony etc ok but the tune would be arima arima played on different instruments.......

reg 60 lacs thingy
AR: release date eppa sollirukeenga
KM: 24th september
AR: 1 week delay aana loss evalavu
KM: 2-3cr
AR: adhula oru 60 lacs KM conservatory-kku kuduthrunga, padam mudichhu thandhudren
KM: neenga 70 lacs vena eduthhukonga, aana padam 24th september release aaganum

* just a joke, AR is a man of highest ethical discipline and will never deal in such a way with people like maran

:lol: :lol: Maddy!semma!

SoftSword
14th September 2010, 06:18 PM
He contacted Maran about it and said that one piece could cost 60 lakhs :shock

AR Rahman calling maran and saying one piece will cost 60 lakhs and are you ready?...
nambara maadhiri illiyee!

VM said like ARR sent a message, for which Maran agreed with zero hesitation.

raghavendran
14th September 2010, 08:10 PM
ANAND sir..edhukku ivvolo edit :)

Nerd
14th September 2010, 09:04 PM
Plum,
ennadhaan pilot'naalum 10vadhu madi apartment poganumna lift dhaan use pannuvaanga :)
:rotfl3:

Chumma hi-fi nu ellaam nammalE sollikka koodaadhu. Its a robotic masala. (I just made that up, but sounds cool)

A.ANAND
15th September 2010, 07:05 AM
eppadi ellam samalikireenga! :lol:

A.ANAND
15th September 2010, 07:06 AM
ANAND sir..edhukku ivvolo edit :)

technical problem! :(

Plum
15th September 2010, 12:29 PM
Plum,
:rotfl3:

Chumma hi-fi nu ellaam nammalE sollikka koodaadhu. Its a robotic masala. (I just made that up, but sounds cool)
idhu nyaayamAna pEchu. Dream Sci-Fi Project vs Robotic Masala - how to evaluate? ange dhAn prachnaiyE

nAn kEttadhu apdi oru aradha pazhasu(kathi kazhuthu mEla vechu vandhu escape aagaradhu) kAtchi thEvaiyA? Even if you downplay it as masala, oru dream project-na idhellAm konjam nerudalA thAn irukku. (I dont remember but Dasa also probably had similar abathams. Heck, AnnA oonnA, Bridge mEla irundhu corrrectA Cotton-carrying lorry-la(or an equivalent) gudhippAinga andha padathula)

MADDY
15th September 2010, 02:44 PM
2001-A space odyssey madhiri irukkum-nnnu yaaravadhu edhir paakkuraangala??

knowing shankar very well, i think dream project means "dream spending".......there would be attention to lot of "airy-fairy" details only.........the plot* would be a bit different but characters(except chitti), sequences and dialogues would be convenient cliches or shankar masala.......

*even the plot is a old one if we have watched hollywood robot movies - robot becoming evil, ah 100 times already perhaps.......

raghavendran
15th September 2010, 02:47 PM
2001-A space odyssey madhiri irukkum-nnnu yaaravadhu edhir paakkuraangala??

knowing shankar very well, i think dream project means "dream spending".......there would be attention to lot of "airy-fairy" details only.........the plot* would be a bit different but characters(except chitti), sequences and dialogues would be convenient cliches or shankar masala.......

*even the plot is a old one if we have watched hollywood robot movies - robot becoming bad, ah 100 times already perhaps.......probably rajni in this avatar would b the USP...THINKING THAT IT WOULD JUST B ANOTHER CLICHED ROBOT MOVIE..IS A GUD THING..COS IF THE MOVIE IS BETTER THAN THAT THEN..SUCCESS DHAANE..low expectations is always better :)

Plum
15th September 2010, 02:56 PM
I dont really expect anything groundbreaking in terms of plot. The plot looks fine. Execution(in terms of graphics and tech - judgement reserved) Execution(purely based on trailer, in terms of scene composition and events in the screenplay) - disappointing. Then again, I am not a Shankar fan so disappointment is perhaps too strong a word to use.

The only good thing is that the Robot is not a vigilant. Or so it seems as of now.

baba88
15th September 2010, 03:26 PM
I think the story will be about a professor who creates a robot. This robot falls in love with the lover of the professor, so it gets destroyed by the professor. But the robot survives cause it gets help by a villain so it turns bad. In the climax the robot creates a copy robot of the lover of the professor (aishwarya). The end of the movie will be like the robot will give his life to rescue the professor (to add sentiments.)

MADDY
15th September 2010, 03:46 PM
The only good thing is that the Robot is not a vigilant. Or so it seems as of now.

ah, that would really be a disappointment for a "dream project".......im sure shankar has some surprise elements in plot to keep it interesting - for me only fear is graphics and overdose of irrelevant scenes(like we saw in sivaji)........

however my dream would be a evil chitti, jealous danny, oppurtunistic vaseegaran, a confused sanaa and a chaotic climax - but this is asking for too much :lol: .......

SoftSword
15th September 2010, 04:47 PM
Rahman performing "Irumbile"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojl7nrgrr4Q

Nerd
15th September 2010, 08:19 PM
Ada indhi site-layE irukkE. Purpose of creating Chitti: To serve the society :lol:

IMO dream project as in use of groundbreaking technology, lot of 'first times' in Indian cinema. Anyway Shankar films perfectly fit the bill of a 'commercial entertainer'. I mean KSR/Dharani ellaam pichai vaanganum in terms of entertainment value. And he always gets it right w.r.to comedy. So pattaiyai kiLappum entertainer on the way.

SoftSword
15th September 2010, 08:24 PM
but in sivaji, pazhaga varra comedya konjam adhigamave stretch pannittaar... i would say its the weak part of the movie..

Nerd
15th September 2010, 08:30 PM
but in sivaji, pazhaga varra comedya konjam adhigamave stretch pannittaar... i would say its the weak part of the movie..
I liked those scenes but yeah they don't have repeat value. But I had *comedians* in my mind when I wrote that. Vivek who has been awful in the last 5 years was more than tolerable in Sivaji. Vivek-E apdeena, Santhanam, the man in form, kEtkavE vendaam :-)

SoftSword
15th September 2010, 08:34 PM
I liked those scenes but yeah they don't have repeat value. But I had *comedians* in my mind when I wrote that. Vivek who has been awful in the last 5 years was more than tolerable in Sivaji. Vivek-E apdeena, Santhanam, the man in form, kEtkavE vendaam :-)

those scenes were well received by the general public, and they were good to watch in tv clippings too, but when the first time when i watched the movie, i was feeling like "why?"
and ya vivek was good in his scenes and his one liners like "indhappa poi rendu beer vaangittuva"

i hope that shankar could realise those stretches in Sivaji and would correct those this time,
when it doesn bore at any part of the movie, then its a sure winner.

Avadi to America
15th September 2010, 09:25 PM
[tscii:a72ea235af]

those scenes were well received by the general public, and they were good to watch in tv clippings too, but when the first time when i watched the movie, i was feeling like "why?"
and ya vivek was good in his scenes and his one liners like "indhappa poi rendu beer vaangittuva"

i hope that shankar could realise those stretches in Sivaji and would correct those this time,
when it doesn bore at any part of the movie, then its a sure winner.

Bore adikumbothu thaan pattu vanthudumey....Shankar is master in song picturisation....just calculated the total duration of songs (28 min 7sec)…showing credits might take anywhere between 3 and 4 min.[/tscii:a72ea235af]

K
16th September 2010, 07:47 AM
http://www.envazhi.com/?p=20377

another Trailer- One Man Army

Mahen
16th September 2010, 11:42 AM
I dont really expect anything groundbreaking in terms of plot. The plot looks fine. Execution(in terms of graphics and tech - judgement reserved) Execution(purely based on trailer, in terms of scene composition and events in the screenplay) - disappointing. Then again, I am not a Shankar fan so disappointment is perhaps too strong a word to use.

Plum, im quite sure the plot will be good...Remember, Kamal agreed to do this film few years back.. :) Kandippa nalla script thaan irukum

A.ANAND
16th September 2010, 12:04 PM

Plum, im quite sure the plot will be good...Remember, Kamal agreed to do this film few years back.. :) Kandippa nalla script thaan irukum

oru vela kamal panni iruntha buildup vera mathiri irukkum pola! :roll:

K
16th September 2010, 08:40 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2010/09/16-tamil-movie-enthiran-rajinikanth.html

Enthiran Gets U Certificate

K
18th September 2010, 07:34 AM
http://www.nakkheeran.in/users/frmNews.aspx?N=39622
ரஜினி நடித்த எந்திரன் திரைப்படம் அக்டோபர் மாதம் 1ம் தேதி அன்று உலகம் முழுவதும் திரைக்குவருகிறது என்று சன் பிக்சர்ஸ் அறிவித்துள்ளது

K
20th September 2010, 12:32 PM
http://krishcinema.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post_19.html

ஆர்யாவுக்காக தள்ளிப்போன எந்திரன் ரிலீஸ் ?

Appadiya?

Guess_Me
23rd September 2010, 12:18 AM
Kilimanjaro Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehXJjoLHYas

A.ANAND
26th September 2010, 05:13 PM
feedback on arr bgm in enthiran

My relative is working in CBFC (Central Board of Film Certification) in Chennai. He was one of the fortunate few to watch the movie for certification. He did not reveal the story citing professional ethics (!). But he answered my biggest question.

I am writing this thread to lower your expectations to that all of us can enjoy the thalaivar movie in the most awesome way possible.

1. This is a complete masala movie with comedy, song, dance, romance, fight, sentiment.

2. The story's base is Science Fiction - but it is a science fiction masala.

3. That means, do not expect a complete Sci-Fi genre movie like Terminator. But expect a movie like Avatar. (Indian version of Avatar).

4. It has all the ingredients to make it attractive to children, youngsters, family members, ladies and Rajini's mass audience.

5. The last 45 - 50 minutes will be a celebration for Rajini fans.

6. The animations are never before seen in Indian cinema and takes Indian cinema to next level in terms of visual effects and animations - but it will not be comparable with hollywood animation flicks. So lower your expectations.

7. The stunt sequences are again, the best in Indian cinema, but definitely not up to Hollywood standards.

8. He was sure that the movie will be liked by Hindi audience too.

9. He was absolutely sure that Rajini's performance as the villain will win him a National Award.

10. He was also sure that A.R. Rahman will win next year's National Award for BGM.

11. He said that the climax Symphony based BGM by Rahman is worth even Grammy awards.
12. The one point that the Hindi audience may not like is comedy that is specific to south India. He said, they may cut there scenes in Hindi.

13. The International audience who like song and dance will enjoy the movie. But, the film will not impress international audience in general as this will be a typical Indian masala movie.

14. The movie will definitely break all records for sure.

- Venkat http://rajinimedia.blogspot.com/2010/09/optimistic-comments-by-cbfc-member.html

raghavendran
27th September 2010, 03:41 PM
:boo: :boo: :boo: :boo: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :pink: :pink: :cheer: :cheer:

satissh_r
27th September 2010, 05:52 PM
http://bollyglot.com/blog/?p=905

Irumbile oru Irudhyam, for those who want literal translation :lol:

sathya_1979
27th September 2010, 06:06 PM
http://bollyglot.com/blog/?p=905

Irumbile oru Irudhyam, for those who want literal translation :lol:
Near your blue eyes, I will pluck electricity :rotfl:

MADDY
27th September 2010, 07:18 PM
memoryil kumariyai thani sirai pidithen == Placed the girl in solitary confinement in my memory

thani sirai is nothing but snapshot - best line of the entire album i felt, above the much hyped other lines......

Dragun
28th September 2010, 03:12 AM
memoryil kumariyai thani sirai pidithen == Placed the girl in solitary confinement in my memory

thani sirai is nothing but snapshot - best line of the entire album i felt, above the much hyped other lines......

Placed the girl in a partition?

raghavendran
29th September 2010, 08:37 AM
[tscii:5e48a10e49]TALKNG ABT LYRICS..I LOVED THE LINE "என் தந்தை மொழி தமிழ் அல்லவா”![/tscii:5e48a10e49]

A.ANAND
29th September 2010, 12:36 PM
[tscii:56deffb736]'Endhiran' will enthrall: Rahman

A R Rahman is the not a man of many words. But 'Endhiran', the Superstar Rajinikanth starrer directed by Shankar, has made the maestro to open his heart out on how he scored music for the film.

"Everything related to ‘Endhiran’ is big. So we wanted that its music should also be big. We had to record the background score in three places- Chennai, Mumbai and London", he says.

Expressing gratitude to Sun Pictures, the producers, Rahman says: "We told them that it would be very expensive to record in three places. But they readily came forward to spend for the purpose understanding the need".

Rahman, who had used two famous music troupes for the film, says: "Apart from these two groups, a large number of international musicians have worked for ‘Endhiran’. We were able to sleep for only two hours a day at one point of time as the release date was nearing".

The Oscar-Grammy winner is hopeful that audience would thoroughly enjoy 'Endhiran'. "Shankar has taken all possible efforts to make the movie a thorough entertainer".

[/tscii:56deffb736]

A.ANAND
29th September 2010, 03:43 PM
"Just 2 hours of sleep in a day" - ARR about Endhiran Music

http://i114.photobucket.com/albums/n260/aravind_am/20100929a_014101003.jpg

Translation

"I realised that everything needs to be grand in Endhiran. Shankar expected the background score to gel with the movies theme. Since there are several astonishing visual effects in the movie, viewers will be engrossed with them. Only "big" sound can make them notice the music, and hence we wanted to do it "big".

We recorded the background score at e places - London, Chennai. Also, "Dhol Foundation" which is a famous Dhol group based out of London, has also working with us for this film.

As the film had to be released without much delays, we worked really hard for this film. Delivering on time, without compromising quality meant that we need to wok really hard. During this time, we slept for only two hours a day!

For Sivaji, we recorded with the symphony orchestra in Prague, Czech. For Endhiran, we have used Brass section from London. All songs have come out with so much grandeur. London's Brass Section and my own troupe have helped me a lot in this effort. Apart from this, we've used a lot of modern textures in the music. I'm sure you will all enjoy Endhiran"

SoftSword
29th September 2010, 06:17 PM
Rahman speaks on making arima arima:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fKd6GvsB88c

MADDY
29th September 2010, 06:33 PM
ah, AR - dont test me

sathya_1979
29th September 2010, 06:43 PM
ah, AR - dont test me
enna periya viradham vENdi kedakkudhu? Padaththa paarunga saar :)

ajaybaskar
29th September 2010, 06:52 PM
Avaru naalaikke paathuduvaarnu neneikkiren.. :-)

SoftSword
29th September 2010, 06:57 PM
whats your point maddy?

MADDY
29th September 2010, 07:05 PM
whats your point maddy?

nothing at all

MADDY
29th September 2010, 07:08 PM
ah, AR - dont test me
enna periya viradham vENdi kedakkudhu? Padaththa paarunga saar :)

viradham ellam onnum illa :lol: ........

SoftSword
29th September 2010, 07:16 PM
maddy, sun pics panradhu nyayamnu yarum sollalai... but rajini is helpless and whichever actor be in his position its not their mistake...

moreover, andha group panradhukku edhira nammalaala onnum panna mudiyadhu... apdi pannalum avangalukku endha nastamum illa... maaraporadhum illa... so second time thiruttu dvdla paatthu avangala pazhi vaangidunga ;)

MADDY
29th September 2010, 07:45 PM
maddy, sun pics panradhu nyayamnu yarum sollalai... but rajini is helpless and whichever actor be in his position its not their mistake...

moreover, andha group panradhukku edhira nammalaala onnum panna mudiyadhu... apdi pannalum avangalukku endha nastamum illa... maaraporadhum illa... so second time thiruttu dvdla paatthu avangala pazhi vaangidunga ;)

oru ticketa kooda vida mattenga pola - im just 1 ticket man :P

Yathu
29th September 2010, 07:57 PM
I'm going to watch Endhiran tomorrow at 5.30pm with my Malayalam friend ('cos my family are all working :( ). Might catch it again on Saturday with them.

It's gonna be my Mallu friends first Indian film at a cinema and tickets are sold out for this show now, so I'm guessing its gonna be quite an experience! :D

I shall post my inititial thoughts here if my mobile internet permits! :)

rajasaranam
29th September 2010, 08:09 PM

சரி வாங்க நம்ம ரெண்டு பேரும் நாளைக்கு சாய்ந்திரம் சரக்கு அடிக்க போலாம் :oops:

cm123
29th September 2010, 08:14 PM
oru showkke 1 kodi perukkumela parka poranga oruthar parkati ennappa vidunga

SoftSword
29th September 2010, 09:05 PM

neenga edho oru ticketa irundha, who cares!
just becos you are the maddy we know...

SoftSword
29th September 2010, 09:06 PM

சரி வாங்க நம்ம ரெண்டு பேரும் நாளைக்கு சாய்ந்திரம் சரக்கு அடிக்க
போலாம் :oops:

nan bangalorela irundhappo ungala madhiri oru nallavar kooda enna ipdi kooptadhillla.. :(

A.ANAND
29th September 2010, 09:26 PM
konjam cool pannungga SW sir! :)

Ramakrishna
29th September 2010, 10:55 PM
Maddy,
why such a decision? I don't know the reason. PM me.

littlemaster1982
29th September 2010, 10:55 PM
See his sig :)

Ramakrishna
29th September 2010, 11:10 PM
oh, i have read that. Unmaiyileye antha mokka article-thaan maddy-oda intha decision-ku kaaranamaa?

littlemaster1982
29th September 2010, 11:19 PM
Not exactly. He hates Sun pics monopoly based on what he had heard. This article just reflects it, I guess.

Ramakrishna
29th September 2010, 11:23 PM
Can't believe his hatred for sun pictures has taken over his love for Rahman's music :shock:

lancelot
30th September 2010, 12:02 AM
ok, so i dont understand the connection. why is Maddy angry? whats so bad about Sun? :?: :? :? :?

littlemaster1982
30th September 2010, 12:05 AM
Ah, leave it guys, it's his decision, let's not make it a big deal :)

ajithfederer
30th September 2010, 01:45 AM
I am not very sure about this but I heard Kamal backed out when Sun Pictures wanted to take over Marmayogi.

Nerd
30th September 2010, 01:54 AM
And Udhayanidhi Stalin is a saint? :lol2:

I personally know of a theater owner in a 'B' center who was forced to remove Kalavaani and screen Madharasapattinam instead. His petti also came in Joovikatan I I am not wrong.

Bottomline is, no one can escape.

ajithfederer
30th September 2010, 01:58 AM
Nenachen you will be the first guy to respondnnu :D.

SS ketta kelvikku naan badhil sonnen and i even said I am not sure. Clout wise Sun Pictures is way ahead Nerd. Manmadhan Ambu padathukkellam indha hype irukkum ninga serioussa nenaikuringala? :lol:

I personally know of a theater owner in a 'B' center who was forced to remove Kalavaani and screen Madharasapattinam instead. His petti also came in Joovikatan I I am not wrong.

Ramakrishna
30th September 2010, 02:58 AM
So, It is better if Kamal does a movie with Sun pictures illayaa? More hype, better marketing, more pubicity, more reach. Why would he want to back out of it?

SS ketta kelvikku naan badhil sonnen and i even said I am not sure. Clout wise Sun Pictures is way ahead Nerd. Manmadhan Ambu padathukkellam indha hype irukkum ninga serioussa nenaikuringala? :lol:

Nerd
30th September 2010, 04:08 AM
Manmadhan Ambu padathukkellam indha hype irukkum ninga serioussa nenaikuringala? :lol:
idhE sun pics Ayan/Singathukkellam hype irundhuchaa? Whatever hype they had === NMA/BEB etc which apparently means Sun Pics = US/DS.So they both are the SAME.

The hype for this film is because of Rajini/Shankar/ARR and then Sun Pics. Remember Sivaji, the same combo minus Sun Pics had a similar hype. Ambu has only Kamal (and not a star director / actress / MD etc) so the hype will obv be less.

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 05:12 AM
AF,

sun kudumbam motthamum apdi thaan.... no one is lesser than the other in terms of using their influence...

Kamal, sun pics produce panrenu sonnadhala Marmayogila irundhu back out agittaranu enakku theriyadhu... what i meant was, even if he had acted in their movie, the situation would be the same...
moreover, it was not sun pictures who were the producers when Rajini signed to do this movie... the movie was in the half way with so much of money and time invested trusting upon Rajini and when EROS decided to back out, do you expect a person like Rajini to not accept to do the movie with the only producers who were willing to take it? so you want him to give the money of his pocket for what has been invested in that movie til then?

neenga enna edhirpaakkureenganu puriyala...

ajithfederer
30th September 2010, 06:23 AM
Yenga ramakrishna ellathayum therinjukittae kekka koodathu. Avanga kittae padam panna othukitta ella vithathulayum avanga kurukidu jaasthiaa irukkum. Adhanala than avar vilagirukalamnu naan nenaikuren. Ofcourse you dont have to buy that.

So, It is better if Kamal does a movie with Sun pictures illayaa? More hype, better marketing, more pubicity, more reach. Why would he want to back out of it?

ajithfederer
30th September 2010, 06:24 AM
SS, Naan edhayume edhir paakala. Kamal back out aanadha naan kelvi pattadhai sonnen. Rajni enna panna enakenna?.

AF,

sun kudumbam motthamum apdi thaan.... no one is lesser than the other in terms of using their influence...

Kamal, sun pics produce panrenu sonnadhala Marmayogila irundhu back out agittaranu enakku theriyadhu... what i meant was, even if he had acted in their movie, the situation would be the same...
moreover, it was not sun pictures who were the producers when Rajini signed to do this movie... the movie was in the half way with so much of money and time invested trusting upon Rajini and when EROS decided to back out, do you expect a person like Rajini to not accept to do the movie with the only producers who were willing to take it? so you want him to give the money of his pocket for what has been invested in that movie til then?

neenga enna edhirpaakkureenganu puriyala...

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 06:29 AM
AF, neenga dhaan Rajini idha panraar aana Kamal idha pannalainu soneenga..
ippo Rajini enna panna enakkennanu kekaringa :)

sari free vidunga... sun group kadhaya pesina mudive irukadhu...

ajithfederer
30th September 2010, 06:32 AM
Agree Nerd. But pumping so much money (How much is it >= 175 crores ??) and sealing almost every theatre in the vicinity(Be it in India or even in the States here) ellam evvalavu per naala mudiyum?. Idhellam Sun Pics naala mattum dhan mudiyum nenaikuren.

I don't want to go Intensely Political but Sun Network is a 2 Billion$ house. Their muscle is incomparable. I doubt even KK's sons(Stalin and Alagiri Group) even could do that. Do you think Udhayanithi stalin would be able to bring in so much money and pull such a feat. I certainly don't think so !! .

I am outta this thread. Vera edhavadhuna pm'la pesikalam. I don't want to hijack ARR's thread now at this time.

Manmadhan Ambu padathukkellam indha hype irukkum ninga serioussa nenaikuringala? :lol:
idhE sun pics Ayan/Singathukkellam hype irundhuchaa? Whatever hype they had === NMA/BEB etc which apparently means Sun Pics = US/DS.So they both are the SAME.

The hype for this film is because of Rajini/Shankar/ARR and then Sun Pics. Remember Sivaji, the same combo minus Sun Pics had a similar hype. Ambu has only Kamal (and not a star director / actress / MD etc) so the hype will obv be less.

A.ANAND
30th September 2010, 07:53 AM
ithu music section-na? illa film sectoin-na?

lets discuse about music only guys! :D

MADDY
30th September 2010, 12:04 PM

சரி வாங்க நம்ம ரெண்டு பேரும் நாளைக்கு சாய்ந்திரம் சரக்கு அடிக்க போலாம் :oops:

our meeting is long due :D

MADDY
30th September 2010, 12:09 PM

neenga edho oru ticketa irundha, who cares!
just becos you are the maddy we know...

thanks for the confidence in my reviews - i watched sivaji 4 times on screen and supported it against Anban&co. tirade, black and blue - but this time, i dont even feel like watching it........

ajaybaskar
30th September 2010, 12:14 PM
Maddy,

Anbanai yedho Bin ladenoda right hand maadhiri solreenga? :lol:

AudazJay
30th September 2010, 01:46 PM
:lol: I thought Anban doesn't like movies solely made by Maniratnam alone. Shivaji mella enna kadupu avaruke?

ajaybaskar
30th September 2010, 01:54 PM
IF a movie has 'international' music, Anban has a problem with that...

AudazJay
30th September 2010, 02:46 PM
Oh :roll: I'm speechless

littlemaster1982
30th September 2010, 02:47 PM
Can we get back to discussions about Endhiran pls :D

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 04:01 PM
otthukkuren master...
unga umpire vela romba kastam dhaan :)
adhuvum ellaarumae namma saadhisanamaa irukkurappo...

A.ANAND
30th September 2010, 05:06 PM
namma arr fans evanachum arr kaha padam pakka poren innu sollaranggala!orediya kuthirangga! :banghead:

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 05:08 PM
namma arr fans evanachum arr kaha padam pakka poren innu sollaranggala!orediya kuthirangga! :banghead:

ARRkagavum rendu murai theatrela pappom anand... :)

sathya_1979
30th September 2010, 05:16 PM
Anand ji - me 6 times
2 for ARR
3 for 3 roles of SS
1 for Shankar :)

Plum
30th September 2010, 05:35 PM
ulaga aLagikkAga oru muRai kUda pArka mAttingaLA satya?

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 05:38 PM

heroinekaga padam pakkura alavukku namakku innum arivum thozhilnutpamum valaralenu nenakkiraen plum... :)

sathya_1979
30th September 2010, 05:50 PM
Plum enakku pudicha heroines 2 pErdhaan - Shreya and Samantha

Plum
30th September 2010, 06:05 PM
Moscowvil Cauvery pAthAchA?
Chikku Bukku awaitngA?

MADDY
30th September 2010, 06:08 PM
Anand ji - me 6 times
2 for ARR
3 for 3 roles of SS

if it had been a single role of rajini, then?? :P

MADDY
30th September 2010, 06:09 PM
Chikku Bukku awaitngA?

Plum, indha update ellam vechhirukkeenga - sollave illa :P

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 06:12 PM
Chikku Bukku awaitngA?

ada ada adaa....
ivaru oodharadhum... indha amma aaduradhum.... thillanaa moganaambaal sivaji ganesan padhminiya paattha madhiriyae irukku :lol:

sathya_1979
30th September 2010, 06:12 PM
Anand ji - me 6 times
2 for ARR
3 for 3 roles of SS

Most ARR movies 2 times, Most SS movies 2 times, most Shankar movies more than 4-5 times (My Record - Gentleman 17 times)
So, ippodhaikku ennaala edhuvum 24 maNi nEram kazhichudhaan solla mudiyum :lol:

A.ANAND
30th September 2010, 06:19 PM
Chikku Bukku awaitngA?

ada ada adaa....
ivaru oodharadhum... indha amma aaduradhum.... thillanaa moganaambaal sivaji ganesan padhminiya paattha madhiriyae irukku :lol:

:rotfl: :rotfl3:

MADDY
30th September 2010, 06:38 PM
Chikku Bukku awaitngA?

ada ada adaa....

:rotfl: :rotfl3:

:lol:

MADDY
30th September 2010, 06:39 PM
Anand ji - me 6 times
2 for ARR
3 for 3 roles of SS

Most ARR movies 2 times, Most SS movies 2 times, most Shankar movies more than 4-5 times (My Record - Gentleman 17 times)

oh good to know......i never knew u were equally big fan of rajini :)

Plum
30th September 2010, 06:41 PM
softsword, thillana moganambal paarthirukkIngaLA? appuram edhai vechu indha moonji sivaji ganesan andha moonji padmini-nu solra(ringa) :-)

maddy, hub-la oru thread vudAma padichA up to date info irukka dhAnE seyyin

MADDY
30th September 2010, 06:42 PM
maddy, hub-la oru thread vudAma padichA up to date info irukka dhAnE seyyin

confessions of a project manager :P

SoftSword
30th September 2010, 06:45 PM
Anand ji - me 6 times
2 for ARR
3 for 3 roles of SS

oh good to know......i never knew u were equally big fan of rajini :)

adha avara rendu naalaikku munna dhaan rediscover pannaaru... :)

plum,
maddy saar dhaan, unique oru tequila shot vaangi tharen, nan pora edathula ellaam vandhu ipdi sollunu sonnaaru...

K
30th September 2010, 11:03 PM
http://eegaraivasantham.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post.html

ரகுமான் இசை படிவில் படம் தொடக்க முதல் கடைசி நிமிடம் வரை ராஜியமே நடத்தியிருக்கார்னு சொல்லாம்..! உங்களுக்கும் ஒரு தனி சாபாஷ்ங்கோ..!

sivasub
1st October 2010, 02:52 AM
I dont know where they watched.. .but seems to be super

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/movie-reviews/hindi/Robot/moviereview/6658514.cms

Yathu
1st October 2010, 03:34 AM
My thoughts:

In a nutshell: Very entertaining!

The climax scenes were very creative and had nice use of graphics.

I think the only let down for me is the songs. Not really up to Shankar's standards except Irubile, which was really great to watch.

Kadhal Anukkal was the worst. Never thought Shankar would do such and average video for a song! The choreography was poor too considering the had Aish!

Chitti dance showcase was cut short. You'll be amazed by "Rajini's" dancing abilities! :lol: Arima Arima was OK but I expected more (wasn't this choreographed by Prabhu Deva?).

ARRs BGM was mainly orchestral. It was good, but didn't have any iconic themes like Sivaji's BGM.

The storylines a typical Shankar storyline with a Robotic twist! :D

Overall, definetely enjoyable. :D

8/10

njv
1st October 2010, 04:15 AM
2 hour countdown to watch the movie. will post my reivew in 5 hours!

A.ANAND
1st October 2010, 07:07 AM
http://eegaraivasantham.blogspot.com/2010/09/blog-post.html

ரகுமான் இசை படிவில் படம் தொடக்க முதல் கடைசி நிமிடம் வரை ராஜியமே நடத்தியிருக்கார்னு சொல்லாம்..! உங்களுக்கும் ஒரு தனி சாபாஷ்ங்கோ..!

reaction from audiance who wacth the film!

thalivar bgm is biggest highlight in the movie! :cheer: :happydance: :clap:

njv
1st October 2010, 08:03 AM
In intermission

hats off to Shankar

SoftSword
1st October 2010, 08:11 AM
ARR rocks in the BGM and all the songs sound awesome in the theatre...
there is a new bgm piece towards the climax and u would all like it...
i would say the BGM was very grand than subtle, as required by the genre of the movie... and when the end credit roles, there is new bgm too...
unless someone conciously denies, everyone would appreciate the music.... :thumbsup:

A.ANAND
1st October 2010, 08:19 AM
i would say the BGM was very grand than subtle, as required by the genre of the movie... and when the end credit roles, there is new bgm too...
unless someone conciously denies, everyone would appreciate the music.... :thumbsup:

thanks SS! :notworthy:

K
1st October 2010, 10:32 AM
http://www.giriblog.com/2010/09/enthiran-review.html

ரகுமான் பாடல்கள் ஏற்கனவே அனைத்தும் ஹிட் ஆகி விட்டது. படத்தில் இரும்பிலே ஒரு இதயம் பாடல் எடுக்கப்பட்ட விதம் எனக்கு திருப்தி அளிக்கவில்லை. மற்ற அனைத்து பாடல்களும் அசத்தல் ரகம் அதுவும் காதல் அணுக்கள், கிளிமாஞ்சாரோ மற்றும் அரிமா அரிமா பட்டய கிளப்புகிறது. ரகுமான் க்ளைமாக்ஸ் காட்சிகளுக்கு அமைத்து இருக்கும் பின்னணி இசை நிஜமாகவே உலகத்தரம். இதுவரை இதைப்போல பிரம்மாண்டமான இசையை ஹாலிவுட் படங்களில் மட்டும் கேட்டுள்ளேன். இதில் தூள் கிளப்பி விட்டார்.

Mahen
1st October 2010, 10:48 AM
i would say the BGM was very grand than subtle, as required by the genre of the movie... and when the end credit roles, there is new bgm too... unless someone conciously denies, everyone would appreciate the music.... :thumbsup:

:yes: oru star wars bgm feeling :) im sure ARR just used keyboard without understanding the situation :D

Mahen
1st October 2010, 10:50 AM
rap 2.0 by blaaze and gang sounds very fresh..very futuristic :notworthy:

A.ANAND
1st October 2010, 11:13 AM
i would say the BGM was very grand than subtle, as required by the genre of the movie... and when the end credit roles, there is new bgm too... unless someone conciously denies, everyone would appreciate the music.... :thumbsup:

:yes: oru star wars bgm feeling :) im sure ARR just used keyboard without understanding the situation :D

mahen,ir mattum itha padichara ennoru boogambam vedikkum! :lol:

i will wacth next monday night! : :bluejump: :boo:

pdam superhit aana pothum! :D

ajaybaskar
1st October 2010, 01:34 PM
Mahen,

Oru mudivodathaan irukkeenga pola.. :-)

united07
2nd October 2010, 07:52 AM
ARRs BGM is a big let down....it didnt have any trademark catchy BGM that Shivaji and Padayappa had...

The only pumping BGM is 2.0 BGM....mmmm

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 10:29 AM
ARRs BGM is a big let down....it didnt have any trademark catchy BGM that Shivaji and Padayappa had...

The only pumping BGM is 2.0 BGM....mmmm

he just kidding he...he... :oops:

baba88
2nd October 2010, 02:32 PM
A.R.Rahman's music is getting mainly negative to average ratings for this movie.

sathya_1979
2nd October 2010, 02:51 PM
A.R.Rahman's music is getting mainly negative to average ratings for this movie.
Not Sure abt this. Many sites paid tributes to the BGM.

SoftSword
2nd October 2010, 03:48 PM
thats not true actually, could you give links to witness your conclusion???

as far as I now only a handful of reviewers have said that the music was not upto the mark, and many of them have said the songs did not gel well... other than that other reviews are praising the music which gives the required buildup to the important scene...

Even in the hub, many of the neutral guys have said that the bgm was good.. nobody has bashed it till now...

by the way, did u see the movie? if yes then whats your comment abt the music in it.... and if not, do u really think you need to make a point only based on a handful of negative reviews which you urself dont know if right or wrong?

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2010, 04:39 PM
Btw, how was the music for 'SUPERSTAR' titles, last time it was good in Sivaji, and I was eager to listen this. The review SS posted in TF section says it was average :?

SoftSword
2nd October 2010, 04:55 PM
Btw, how was the music for 'SUPERSTAR' titles, last time it was good in Sivaji, and I was eager to listen this. The review SS posted in TF section says it was average :?

master, first thing is i could not hear the music... and moreover and none of the high end graphics can match the graphics which is done in basha... and i wish they leave the music also untouched, i mean its not necessary... wat do u say...
imo it was dull.

baba88
2nd October 2010, 04:58 PM
I havent seen the movie yet. btw i am sad with those negative reviews for the music by myself. I havent found a review where the music is praised, have you ?

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2010, 05:17 PM

master, first thing is i could not hear the music... and moreover and none of the high end graphics can match the graphics which is done in basha... and i wish they leave the music also untouched, i mean its not necessary... wat do u say...
imo it was dull.

I know how much the old intro means to Rajini fans, but I prefer Sivaji intro more. May be they shouldn't have changed it again for Robo :?

SoftSword
2nd October 2010, 05:20 PM
i agree, sivaji intro was many times better than this... IMO ARR-Shankar underestimated what these title means to people...

hope sultan compensates for it... :)

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 06:11 PM

NI media-than itha seirangga but most south-la all positiff coment-than varuthu esply.4 the bgm!rahman bgm kaha arukku 'sutti'podanum innu oru blogger praise panni irutharu!

ithuvaikum nnanu tamil media-la enthiran music and bgm patti entha bad comenttum varala!athan unmai! :D

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 06:25 PM
Applause for ARR in Endhiran

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6vWJms-Byy0&feature=player_embedded

@ 2:50

watch the full video for fun!

sathya_1979
2nd October 2010, 06:36 PM
:ty: Anand Ji! At INOX also, kadavuL's name got thunderous response and applause!

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 06:42 PM
[tscii:39316e74bc]http://movies.rediff.com/review/2010/oct/01/south-tamil-review-endhiran.htm

A R Rahman's [ Images ] tunes have already become chart-busters; he proves his mastery over the background score too: the instrumental music of Puthiya Manitha is used to much dramatic effect.

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/review/2010/10/01-enthiran-movie-review.html

ஏ.ஆர். ரஹ்மானின் இசை இன்னொரு ஹீரோ என்றுதான் சொல்ல வேண்டும். பொதுவாக பின்னணி் இசையில் பெரிதாக அலட்டிக் கொள்ளாத ரஹ்மான், இந்தப் படத்தில் காட்டியிருப்பது விஸ்வரூம்

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/9874.html

AR Rahman, the Mozart of Madras, we’ve seen the response for the music right after the launch! But on screen, ‘Kadhal Annukal’ and ‘Kilimanjaro’, not to forget ‘Arima’, they take you by storm. The background score’s decent and tries to receive your attention effectively! The rerecording in the movie is near perfect and sound capture by Oscar winner Resul Pookutty is A1.

innum venuma baba sir??? :lol:

[/tscii:39316e74bc]

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 07:13 PM
another blogger review on music and bgm

மூன்றாவது ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயாவில் ஓமனப் பெண்ணே பாடலைக் கேட்டபொழுது உண்மையில் 80களில் வந்த இளையராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்டு சுயத்தை இழந்ததைப் போன்ற உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது. அந்த படத்தில் மனிதர் பின்னியிருப்பார். ஆனால் அது ஒரு பயத்தையும் கொடுத்தது. அதற்கடுத்தடுத்த படங்களில் ஒருசில படிகளில் ஏறாவிட்டாலும் இறங்கிவிட்டால் என்னாவது என்று நினைப்பேன். ஆனால் தான் எப்போதும் இசைப்புயல் என்பதை ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் நிரூபித்தே வருகிறார். எலக்ட்ரானிக் ராக் வகையில் பாடல்கள் அமைந்திருப்பதால் வி.தா.வ படத்தைப் போல உடனே பாடல்கள் ஒட்டவில்லை என்றாலும் பிறகு கேட்டபொழுது நன்றாக இருக்கிறது என்று சொல்லமுடிந்தது. ஆனால் பிண்ணனி இசையில் எப்பொழுதும் போல கலக்கிவிட்டார். ஒருசில இடங்களில் இளையராஜா போன்ற உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது. இறுதி காட்சிகளில் அரிமா அரிமா பாடல் மேம்போக்காக கலந்த இசை சற்று புதுமையாக இருந்தது. எந்திரனுக்கு என்ன இசை தரமுடியுமோ அதைத் தர அவரால் முடிந்திருக்கிறது.

http://aadav.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 07:18 PM
north indian media pasanga oru mudivoda than irukanungga pola thalaivar mela!innum veri adanggala!

-deleted with warning-

littlemaster1982
2nd October 2010, 07:36 PM
Got to watch the film again for ARR's BGM. Onnume kekkala first time :|

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 07:40 PM
-deleted-

sathya_1979
2nd October 2010, 07:49 PM
Anand Sir! unga sEvai engaLukku thEvai! uNarchi vasappattu ban aagidaadheenga!

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 07:54 PM
Anand Sir! unga sEvai engaLukku thEvai! uNarchi vasappattu ban aagidaadheenga!

unggal anbukku romba nandri! :)

Ramakrishna
2nd October 2010, 07:55 PM
Enthiran had a very heavy BGM. Got to watch it again to really notice it.

I also noticed that the end credits music was amazing. I couldn't listen to it fully as i had to go out of the theatre ASAP.
He usually composes great music for opening credits. Here, it was just puthiya manitha song for opening credits and some new brilliant BGM piece for the closing credits.

raghavendran
2nd October 2010, 08:06 PM

I also noticed that the end credits music was amazing. I couldn't listen to it fully as i had to go out of the theatre ASAP.
He usually composes great music for opening credits. Here, it was just puthiya manitha song for opening credits and some new brilliant BGM piece for the closing credits.enge pathinge ram?..how adhukule..nethudhane pesinom? :evil:

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 08:10 PM

He usually composes great music for opening credits. Here, it was just puthiya manitha song for opening credits and some new brilliant BGM piece for the closing credits.

:thumbsup: :clap:

Ramakrishna
2nd October 2010, 08:28 PM

He usually composes great music for opening credits. Here, it was just puthiya manitha song for opening credits and some new brilliant BGM piece for the closing credits.enge pathinge ram?..how adhukule..nethudhane pesinom? :evil:

haiyyo naa 2nd time paathathaa sollave illaiye :lol:

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 08:36 PM
rama,

padam hit-ta/illa super hit-ta?? solungga paapom!

Ramakrishna
2nd October 2010, 08:51 PM
Blockbuster

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 09:10 PM
Blockbuster

WOOOW! :clap:

bgm thani cd-ya vara vaippu irukka??? :D

A.ANAND
2nd October 2010, 09:23 PM
some good review from blogger on enthiran bgm and song!

ரஹ்மானின் பின்னணி இசை எங்கேயுமே உறுத்தாமல் படத்தோடு சேர்ந்து ரசிக்கமுடிகிறது. பாடல்கள் தியேட்டரில் கேட்கும்போது அதிகமாக இனிக்கின்றன. குறிப்பாக அரிமா அரிமா ஹெட் செட்டில் கேட்கும்போது இல்லாத ஒரு உணர்வை தியேட்டரில் கொடுத்தது. ஆஸ்கர் பெற்றுக்கொண்டபோது அவர்முன் வைக்கப்பட்ட விமர்சனங்களுக்கு மீண்டும் ஒருமுறை எந்திரன் மூலம் பதில் சொல்லியிருக்கிறார் ரஹ்மான்

http://subankan.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

ரஹ்மானின் இசையில் பாடல்கள் பற்றி பலவிதமான கருத்துக்கள் இருந்தாலும், மெல்ல மெல்ல ஏறும் விஷமாய் கேட்க, கேட்க, இனித்தது, இப்போது பார்க்க, கிடைக்க.. இன்னும் நன்றாகவேயிருக்கிறது. பின்னணி இசையில் அதிரடித்திருக்கிறார்

http://cablesankar.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

மூன்றாவது ஏ.ஆர்.ரஹ்மான். விண்ணைத்தாண்டி வருவாயாவில் ஓமனப் பெண்ணே பாடலைக் கேட்டபொழுது உண்மையில் 80களில் வந்த இளையராஜாவின் இசையைக் கேட்டு சுயத்தை இழந்ததைப் போன்ற உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது. அந்த படத்தில் மனிதர் பின்னியிருப்பார். ஆனால் அது ஒரு பயத்தையும் கொடுத்தது. அதற்கடுத்தடுத்த படங்களில் ஒருசில படிகளில் ஏறாவிட்டாலும் இறங்கிவிட்டால் என்னாவது என்று நினைப்பேன். ஆனால் தான் எப்போதும் இசைப்புயல் என்பதை ஒவ்வொரு படத்திலும் நிரூபித்தே வருகிறார். எலக்ட்ரானிக் ராக் வகையில் பாடல்கள் அமைந்திருப்பதால் வி.தா.வ படத்தைப் போல உடனே பாடல்கள் ஒட்டவில்லை என்றாலும் பிறகு கேட்டபொழுது நன்றாக இருக்கிறது என்று சொல்லமுடிந்தது. ஆனால் பிண்ணனி இசையில் எப்பொழுதும் போல கலக்கிவிட்டார். ஒருசில இடங்களில் இளையராஜா போன்ற உணர்வு ஏற்பட்டது. இறுதி காட்சிகளில் அரிமா அரிமா பாடல் மேம்போக்காக கலந்த இசை சற்று புதுமையாக இருந்தது. எந்திரனுக்கு என்ன இசை தரமுடியுமோ அதைத் தர அவரால் முடிந்திருக்கிறது.

http://aadav.blogspot.com/2010/10/blog-post.html

jangofett
2nd October 2010, 10:41 PM
I saw the movie today. The SuperStar Rajni intro had a slower version of Irumbile Oru Irudhaiyam as background score but really lacked punch. I suppose because they moved into Vasi putting the finishing touches on Chitti with Pudihya Manidha song as background.

When Irumbile came - people were going for smoke/toilet breaks - how could they?

All the songs are well done - Ash really knows how to move her body :) I like it when all 3 of them dance together at the same time for Boom Boom Robo Da.

Some of the graphics were bad - especially when Chiti delivers a baby - the baby was badly done in graphics - also when Chiti throws a baby/boy up in the air. I mean why bother when they took so much effort for everything else.

The Rangusky scene was well funny and overly long.

Ash shares the screen almost equally with Rajni.

The background score was quite low key - Pudiyha Manitha was used a lot as instrumental score. And when Chiti 2.0 came - Arima trumpets was in the background score.

There was also 2.0 rap - not very good I'm afraid.

The ending credits has new score but I left the cinema early - could not really appreciate it.

I think behindwoods.com review mentioned that the background score was not good enough coming from an Oscar winner.

Overall - I could understand why SRK did not want to do this - there were plot holes - which is common - but why was Vasi so lazy to ask the 2 comedians (who were awful) to dump Chiti in a rubbish bin/dumpster. What happened to patent/intellectual property that he was so concerned early in the movie?

raghavendran
3rd October 2010, 08:48 AM
Blockbusteryes record breaking blockbuster :wink:

A.ANAND
3rd October 2010, 10:30 AM
Endhiran BGM list

1. Sun pictures to superstar BGM - undoubtedly rocking!
- extended version can be heard in 1a) train chase scene and 1b) fire accident rescue scene.
2. Robot demonstrates fighting skills like Bruce Lee.
3. sana intro to see vasikaran at work.
4. sana meets vasikaran at park.
5. International robot conference
6. bhora theme
7. bhora lab intro theme.
8. Bhoom Bhoom robot variant.
9. Taking shape of Goddess - rocking!
10. Sana vs rogues in absence of chitti.
11. Chitti interview during AIRD evaluation.
12. Chitti rejected - heavy trumpets - scintillating!
13. Selvi hit by lorry.
14. vasikaran - bhora meet
15. vasikaran upgrades chitti - vedas theme - divine!
16. Pudhiya manidha flute to depict chitti's upgrade.
17. Baby birth - violin and strings instruments' sheer magic - conveys the essence of the scene magnificently.
18. irumbile oru idhayam (IOI) flute bit - chilling effect.

INTERMISSION

19. IOI female humming
20. mosquito - IOI variant with chipmunk voice - amazing!
21. meeting with birmighar - strings shifting gradually to bhora's theme
22. Birthday gift
23. chitti rejected by sana - IOI sad chorus
24. army evaluation - female humming of IOI
25. chitti broken into pieces by vasikaran- sad male chorus.
26. sana tries to cheer up vasikaran and encounters a rogue at beach - african beats
27. escape at beach
28. vasikaran and sana engagement
29. bhora looking for broken chitti in the rubbish yard.
30. neural scheme transfer + villain chitti - OMG! thunderous
extended versions with additional beats can be heard in 30a) climax action sequences - grandeur score to say the least.
31. marriage disruption
32. v2.0 - rocking...
33. multiple chitti robbery (includes table beats at joy alukas scene)
34. creation of multiple chittis
35. vasikaran shapes himself as villain chitti
36. villain chitti's paradise theme
37. chitti's candle light date with sana - humming with tabla beats is super cool....
38. chitti parts away - sad theme
39. pudhiya manidha symphony version - divine!

endhiran - pleasant rollercoaster ride with ARRs BG score. hats off!

sathya_1979
3rd October 2010, 10:32 AM
Anand Sir, download lings kedaikkumaa?

A.ANAND
3rd October 2010, 10:47 AM
still waiting sathya!

great
3rd October 2010, 03:24 PM
mahen, ir mattum itha padichara ennoru boogambam vedikkum! :lol:

i will wacth next monday night! : :bluejump: :boo:

pdam superhit aana pothum! :D

oh, is it so !!!

sathya_1979
3rd October 2010, 09:27 PM
Absolutely Love the 2.0 Rap, End Credits Symphony, Arima Climax Mass. maraNa mass. Sema claps and whistles for kadavuL's name during Title Roll!

SoftSword
3rd October 2010, 09:33 PM
anand enga irundhu indha bgm titles collect paneenga...
illa neengalae theatrela ukkandhu note panningala?

sathya_1979
3rd October 2010, 09:35 PM
anand enga irundhu indha bgm titles collect paneenga...
illa neengalae theatrela ukkandhu note panningala?
ARR yahoo groups la list senjirukkaanga. Very Very Eagerly awaiting Download links. Ajay, ungaL sEvai, engaLukku thEvai. Start action pls

Benny Lava
3rd October 2010, 11:28 PM
When Irumbile came - people were going for smoke/toilet breaks - how could they?

Yes.. the same happened in the theatre where I watched.. I was so heart broken :cry: One of my fav songs from the album!

I felt the BGM was not consistent, at places excellent in some places off-key.. but largely it was drowned in the sound of special effects.

SoftSword
4th October 2010, 12:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4ycTgNlvMA

the noisy recorded version of Chitti 2.0 bgm.

ajaybaskar
5th October 2010, 04:00 PM
2.0 Chitti BGM part 1 and 2:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/neu72n683n3ovje/2.0%20chitti.mp3

http://www.mediafire.com/file/i197d6kwuwcwxku/2.0%20chitti%202.mp3

Red Chip is inserted into Chitti By Danny Denzongpa:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/59v5d3qh2s3f6wy/Red%20chip%20chitti.mp3

When Dr. Vasi removes the Red chip from The Bad Chitti:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dph3rbkm7f78y1a/Removing%20the%20red%20chip.mp3

When Ash and Chitti converse before the Arima arima song..tabla BGM:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/7gpwj1977ha8an9/Tabla%20BGM%20ROBO.mp3

Pudhiya Manidha Orchestra and aslo Chitti Dance Showcase at the End Credits..

http://www.mediafire.com/file/skj32yedr0lbvml/End%20credits.mp3

A.ANAND
5th October 2010, 04:18 PM
thank u ajay!

Mahen
5th October 2010, 09:14 PM
Puthiya manitha symphony wasted effort :( why used towards the end? :x

MusicIsLife
6th October 2010, 02:23 AM
hmm.. reading the reviews, my view might contradict. watched the movie yesterday (no crowd in the theatre, monday evening 5 PM show in US)... so there must be something wrong with the music system in the theatre I doubt it...
I seriously felt the BGM-part of music had NO punch or seriousness, it was loud and disoriented, some kind of put everything into a thin container and shake it. It seemed disconnected.

Songs- I certainly liked robo-da song. Aish looked absolutely gorgeous.. from thin in Kilimanjaro to having some "weight" in later songs.. shows how long this movie was taken.

The story line was wafer thin, loved the Chitti Rajni!! nice, very intelligent dialogues, and really funny. Rajni carries the movie very nicely. realize why shankar chose SS.

For me.. it is a sure win for a Tamil SCI-FI first time, a different type of songs for the first time.. Shankar with his attempt.. otherwise, i felt a 20$ ticket per person was not worth.

rvsarna
6th October 2010, 02:04 PM
[tscii:96d7b25d0c]HINDI ROBOT MOVIE REVIEW BY PLANET BOLLYWOOD...

Producer: Kalanidhi Maran, Hansraj Saxena
Director: S. Shankar
Starring: Rajinikanth, Aishwarya Rai, Danny Denzongpa
Music: A.R.Rahman
Lyrics: Swanand Kirkire
Genre: Action
Recommended Audience: Parental Guidance
Film Released on: 01 October 2010
Reviewed by: Ankit Ojha - Rating: 8.0 / 10

Public Rating Average: 8.24 / 10 (rated by 88 viewers)

Tamil film director S. Shankar is well known for creating some innovative (Jeans), some intelligent (Anniyan) and some hard-hitting (Mudhalavan, later remade by himself as the equally impressive Nayak) dramas in his illustrious career in Chennai, and I’ve been following his work for the simple fact that he is one of the only filmmakers that can combine entertainment with films having a socially relevant underlay. Apart from the terribly written and over the top executed Sivaji: The Boss, Shankar has given each project a certain commendable freshness with his hatke scripts. So does his latest project, Robot (the Hindi dubbed version of Enthiran) work?

Dr. Vaseegharan (Rajnikanth) creates a humanoid robot Chitti (Rajnikanth) in hope of sending him to the army. Chitti becomes Vaseegharan’s girfriend Sana’s (Aishwayra Rai Bachchan) apple of the eye. Depressed after being rejected by the examiners on the basis of having no sense of right or wrong, he suddenly tries to insert feelings into Chitti, and all hell breaks loose.

First up, the execution doesn’t help if the script itself has intermittent loose ends, and this was noticed in Sivaji: The Boss with every scene created just for gloating on Rajnikanth’s star power – a phenomenon that made the movie a blockbuster but didn’t do more than make money. This movie, on the other hand, is so well written and visualized by the film-maker himself, that one tends to become glued to the seat till the very end of the film. For the first time, Rajnikanth’s character(s) have been so strongly written that you tend to wonder if this really is a Rajni film. Also, Rajnikanth didn’t have any flashy introductory scene and post the titles, the movie started almost immediately, which surprised me and is bound to surprise those yet to watch it. This film reaffirms that Shankar still has the capability to write fresh scripts and that his imagination never ceases. In fact most of the scenes hold a very Shankar trademark, which further proves that he is the only film-maker in Tamil cinema that the world should be proud of because he has the ability to combine unapologetic, unadulterated entertainment with something hatke (and without showing a trace of unpretentiousness in the process).

Science fiction extravaganzas are usually the kind that cater for the big screen audience by having a certain flawlessness in technicality, and most Hollywood and Hindi movies tend to forget the storyline and focus on just the technical aspects. But as previously stated, this movie has a strong script and is only upped by a technically outstanding finish. Terrific camerawork and cinematography, jaw-dropping visual effects and action sequences, and commendable editing give this movie an international finish. Music by A. R. Rahman is the kind that is situational and will earn a lot of detestation from the listeners before they watch the film but would like once they’ve seen the film. I would still like to state that the quality of Rahman’s music isn’t up to the mark here.

As far as the performances are concerned, Rajnikanth has star power, and Shankar has intelligently woven together such a script that Rajni ends up being the larger part of each frame, right from the start to end. Aishwarya looks stunning like never before, and plays her part, despite it being rather small and insignificant. Danny Denzongpa is convincing as Rajnikanth’s nemesis. Others are good.

Not that the movie doesn’t have hiccups – and there’s quite a few here. Firstly, the movie is close to three hours long, and the editor should have helped snip quite a few unnecessary portions off the film. Though the songs have stunning visuals, they abruptly make their entry, thereby acting as speed-breakers in an otherwise fast paced movie. Also inevitably, dubbed films take off the charm exuded by the film in its original language. Nevertheless, this is one of the most tolerable Hindi films dubbed from Tamil of late.

Overall, just like Wanted and Dabangg were ego-trips of Salman Khan for his fans, Robot shares a similar relationship with Rajnikanth towering the film, only this time backed with a solid story and screenplay, minus the overrated “entry” scene, much to everyone’s relief. Sure, there are quite a few hiccups, but those can easily be ignored for the amazing visual effects and the jaw dropping action, making this the biggest Indian film ever to be made (160 crores budget). Hollywood usually combines the elements of this film to create a summer blockbuster. Summer’s about to end, but Robot proves the heat hasn’t gone yet! Highly recommended for the big-screen experience! [/tscii:96d7b25d0c]

ajaybaskar
6th October 2010, 05:17 PM
ARR's bgm for the train sequence is one of his best in recent years...

Mahen
6th October 2010, 07:52 PM
[tscii:a489389c5b]80% of all the reviews have this irritating line or similar

I would still like to state that the quality of Rahman’s music isn’t up to the mark here.

Next they will link this on why Shankar opted for Harris :banghead:

I have absolutely no idea what was wrong with his music in Endhiran.. :twisted:
[/tscii:a489389c5b]

sathya_1979
6th October 2010, 07:55 PM
[tscii:70f031eb2e]80% of all the reviews have this irritating line or similar

I would still like to state that the quality of Rahman’s music isn’t up to the mark here.

[/tscii:70f031eb2e]
reevee ezhudharavangaLukku mattum theriyumaa enna?

Mahen
6th October 2010, 08:03 PM
Tensen sathya tensen :)

baba88
6th October 2010, 08:07 PM
Well, I think the main problem with the songs in Endhiran were that they had a lot electronic/techno elements. So you can say that the beautiful melodies were overshadowed by partly noisy instrumentations (E.g. Irumbile). That's the problem with all recent releases by ARR. I love the songs anyway, but it would be nicer if ARR gives us some songs like in Uyire were the vocals played the main role and the instrumentation were only minimal. That would appeal more to the older generation, too.

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 08:07 PM
[tscii:05b998b13d]80% of all the reviews have this irritating line or similar

[/tscii:05b998b13d]
reevee ezhudharavangaLukku mattum theriyumaa enna?

romba naal mosamana music kaettu pazhagirundha adhae madhiri dhaan edhir pappanga.... avanga mela thappu illa... they will take sometime.

MADDY
6th October 2010, 09:21 PM
Well, I think the main problem with the songs in Endhiran were that they had a lot electronic/techno elements. So you can say that the beautiful melodies were overshadowed by partly noisy instrumentations (E.g. Irumbile). That's the problem with all recent releases by ARR. I love the songs anyway, but it would be nicer if ARR gives us some songs like in Uyire were the vocals played the main role and the instrumentation were only minimal. That would appeal more to the older generation, too.

he gave music to "interpretation of the subject" by the director - and he did a 100% there, as always.........the grouse i had with its music was that he cut off during important progression points and as a AR fan, the meal wasnt enough......but he more than made it up with BGM - ellame irukku, ungalakku thevayo illayo :lol:

SoftSword
6th October 2010, 09:24 PM

he gave music to "interpretation of the subject" by the director - and he did a 100% there, as always.........the grouse i had with its music was that he cut off during important progression points and as a AR fan, the meal wasnt enough......but he more than made it up with BGM - ellame irukku, ungalakku thevayo illayo :lol:

i very well agree, and i am still a bit disasppointed with Endhiran songs... but Pudhiya manidha alone pays back for it... and the usage of that in the right times in the movie was awesome...
that mostly sounded like the voice of the movie... the "maatram konduvaa" lines are haunting and so much soulfull.

A.ANAND
7th October 2010, 07:06 AM
[tscii:12282ba942]80% of all the reviews have this irritating line or similar

[/tscii:12282ba942]

only NI media critic on bgm songs!

A.ANAND
7th October 2010, 07:35 AM
Rahman-ic Robot

This is the season of (A R) Rahman bashing. Even now after the songs have become a super hit, people indulge and please themselves bashing Rahman. Vettiyans!

Shankar has done full justice to Rahman's songs. Loved Thalaivar and Chitti dancing for 'Boom Boom..'. 'Kaadhal Anukkal' sung by Vijay Prakash and Shreya has been shot beautifully in Brazil. Next holiday angadaan. Any sponsors?

Honestly, didn't quite like the picturization of Kilimanjaro. Machu-Pichu didn't look all that great. Loved Irumbile Or irudayam. ARR's voice - full justice.

And SPB's voice in Pudhiya Manidha is outstanding and comes in at the right time.

But the wow-o-wow song is Arima Arima . Fantabulous! Adra sakka-nnu naanan. Shankar in a different league only.

Rahman - forget your bashers. Silly mortals. You Rock Thalaivare!

http://rajinifans.com/latest_news_detail.html?rId=1483

raghavendran
7th October 2010, 10:35 AM
i very well agree, and i am still a bit disasppointed with Endhiran songs... but Pudhiya manidha alone pays back for it... and the usage of that in the right times in the movie was awesome...
that mostly sounded like the voice of the movie... the "maatram konduvaa" lines are haunting and so much soulfull. :exactly: the usage of that aalap thing wen vasi hugs chitti in kadavul scene..and the karuvil lines in the very end ver :notworthy:

raghavendran
7th October 2010, 10:37 AM
arima arima...now i m the biggest fan of this song..the feelthis song carries is amazing..wen the stress enthiraaa comes..it is high voltage energy..the beats r ideal match for a marathon run by a king.. :clap: :clap:

ajaybaskar
7th October 2010, 11:18 AM
Pravin Mani talks about Programming a song for Endhiran

http://epaper.expressbuzz.com/NE/NE/2010/10/06/Article//355/06_10_2010_355_009.jpg

ajaybaskar
7th October 2010, 04:04 PM
[tscii:db02473994]பின்னணி இசையில் ஏ.ஆர் ரகுமானுக்கு சரியான தீனி இந்த படத்தில் கிடைத்துள்ளது. ஹாலிவுட் படத்தில் வருவது போன்ற பின்னணி இசை இந்திய மண்ணில் இவரை தவிர வேறு யாராலும் தரமுடியாது. அட ஹாலிவுட்காரனுங்களுக்கே இவர் மியூசிக் போட போய்ட்டார் அப்புறம் என்ன ஹாலிவூட் போன்ற பின்னணி என்ற அடைமொழி?!!! சும்மா சொல்லக்கூடாது க்ளைமாக்சில் கலக்கிவிட்டார் மனுஷன். அரிமா அரிமா பாடலில் வரும் “எந்திரா எந்திரா” பிட் தான் இனிமேல் அலாரம் டோனாக வைக்கப் போகிறேன். எவ்வளவு தூக்கத்தில் இருந்தாலும் “எந்திரா… எந்திரா,,,” என்று உச்சக்குரலில் கத்தி எழுப்பி விடும் ஒரு பாடல்.

http://www.cpraveen.com/suvadugal/endhiran-robot-movie-review/

Thanks to Sarna[/tscii:db02473994]

A.ANAND
7th October 2010, 04:51 PM
most 90% bloggers and online tamil media enthiran music esply,bgm paati aaha hoo innu pugalrangga.including non rajini and arr fans,but intha north indian media mattum maha mattama review pannaraungga!

cm123
7th October 2010, 04:57 PM
I loved delivery scene BGM

A.ANAND
7th October 2010, 05:07 PM
ajay sir,yor sagyy 'nachus' :thumbsup:

ajaybaskar
7th October 2010, 05:08 PM
Nandri hai.. :-)

music man
7th October 2010, 05:31 PM
[tscii:5d26091b05]
most 90% bloggers and online tamil media enthiran music esply,bgm paati aaha hoo innu pugalrangga.including non rajini and arr fans,but intha north indian media mattum maha mattama review pannaraungga!

Thats a big joke Anand Sir..I have not watched the movie..But I had heard the BGM uploaded in mediafire. It rocks especially the end credits. Its truly global. The strings are fabulous...

Who else can compose better than this? Only person who can manage this show is IR. Moreover I feel ARR nowadays is more comfortable doing orchestral scores. The hindi media just for the sake of pulling him down are passing stupid comments like..ARR's "forgettable score","lacklustre score","The only big sore point of the film is A.R Rahman’s utterly forgettable music which to some extent is salvaged by Shankar’s innovative picturisation" are truly malicious....and mis leading...

Endhiran is one of ARR's best work..Lets enjoy..
[/tscii:5d26091b05]

A.ANAND
7th October 2010, 05:42 PM
[tscii:2f135e67e2]

Thats a big joke Anand Sir..I have not watched the movie..But I had heard the BGM uploaded in mediafire. It rocks especially the end credits. Its truly global. The strings are fabulous...

Who else can compose better than this? Only person who can manage this show is IR. Moreover I feel ARR nowadays is more comfortable doing orchestral scores. The hindi media just for the sake of pulling him down are passing stupid comments like..ARR's "forgettable score","lacklustre score","The only big sore point of the film is A.R Rahman’s utterly forgettable music which to some extent is salvaged by Shankar’s innovative picturisation" are truly malicious....and mis leading...

Endhiran is one of ARR's best work..Lets enjoy..
[/tscii:2f135e67e2]

:cool2:

Dragun
7th October 2010, 09:14 PM
To be fair, the songs did not sound especially good in Hindi.

The Enthiran songs grew on me after a while, but I was a little disappointed that the songs weren't as experimental as I was hoping. I was hoping for ARR to experiment with robotic, mechanical, etc. sounds or something. Oddly enough, Boom Boom Robo Da really grew on me, though it reminds me of Boom Boom from Boys. It's kind of a weird song. Nothing close to the weird brilliance of Style from Sivaji, though.

ajaybaskar
7th October 2010, 09:21 PM
Indha karumathukkuthaan naan hindi and telugu songs kekkaveyilla.

A.ANAND
8th October 2010, 06:22 AM
dubbing song itha thavirkka mudiyathu!

cm123
8th October 2010, 06:54 AM
dubbing song itha thavirkka mudiyathu!

what about DileSe/Uyire?

A.ANAND
8th October 2010, 07:17 AM
antha album fist vanthappa vaangatha adiya??'ithellam oru paatu' innu naan audio cd shop-la vaangum bothe oruthan thupparan intha songs keetu!ippa enna aachu???the same thing maybe will happen to enthiran hindi...

ajaybaskar
8th October 2010, 10:53 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpoWUxg2xa4

Endhiran Movie's song making experience shared by rajnikanth, shankar and A R Rahman

i think its a trailer to some program which will b telecasted in suntv in forthcoming weeks.
dont miss making of endhiran this sunday 7:30pm IST

Courtesy: ARRYG

ajaybaskar
8th October 2010, 10:58 AM
http://rajinifans.com/latest_news_detail.html?rId=1483

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
8th October 2010, 08:42 PM
I will write a review on enthiran bgm, in next thread! Who is opening?

littlemaster1982
8th October 2010, 11:48 PM
Ajay/Softsword,

Someone open 2nd part pls :)

SoftSword
9th October 2010, 12:23 AM
any title template to follow?

SoftSword
9th October 2010, 12:32 AM
Part 2 of the thread here:
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=2259949#2259949