PDA

View Full Version : REMAKE VS ORIGINAL - WHICH ONE GOOD?

selvakumar
2nd June 2005, 11:47 AM
Friends,
Nowadays, lot of films are being remade into the film industry and some of them are running well. But at the same time original stories are not tasting commercial success. discuss here some of the remade and original versions of several films. Their pros and cons and their adherence to the tamil culture and all. Is it a threat to the tamil story writers? post ur views regarding this one.

Pras
2nd June 2005, 04:02 PM
what is that poll for selvakumar ? who is going to vote for remake ????

r_un2001
2nd June 2005, 04:13 PM
VIJAY WILL VOTE :lol:

killer_x
3rd June 2005, 07:26 AM
Selvakumar,

kalakkurae machi, yehtanai threads. sila threads close
pannitanga, kashtama irukku, parava illai, adjust pannikkalam.
thanks for dedicating some threads to Thala fans.

regarding the topic:

yaar padathai yedukkiranga yendrathai poruthu the outcome,
tharuthalai, rasini thaatha remake yeduthaa kandippa original
thaan super, remake satti, avanga padam originala irunthu
athai aduthavanga remake yeduthal original waste, remake
superoooooooo super he he

examples :

don - hindi original - super - billa - tamil remake waste of india

deewar - hindi original - super - thee -tamil remake waste of india

trishul? (not sure) hindi original - super - mr.barath remake lousy

latest manichitrathazhu - mal.original -superoo super, national
award winner - chandramukhi - tamil remake a circus having only clowns

others siva, viduthalai, padikaathavan (intha oru rasini padathule nalla poruthamaana title vechirukaanga) etc

the same case with tharuthalai too

in case of Thala an Surya, it will be totally opposite of above

:wink: :wink: :wink:

Sourav
3rd June 2005, 08:37 AM
8-)

Sourav
3rd June 2005, 10:11 AM
:lol:

killer_x
3rd June 2005, 11:22 AM
Selvakumar,

kalakkurae machi, yehtanai threads. sila threads close
pannitanga, kashtama irukku, parava illai, adjust pannikkalam.
thanks for dedicating some threads to Thala fans.

:wink: :wink: :wink:

:shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: :lol:
ADA PAAVI ATHANAI THREAD-IYUM START PANNATHU NAN-PA... :lol: INTHA THREAD MR.SELVAKUMAR.

sorry for the confusion machi, inga puthusa, yalla Thala fansum
Thala avathar vechirukarathale konjam confuse aagitten

:? :? :?

Sourav
3rd June 2005, 11:36 AM
IT'S OKAY MACHI.... :D

killer_x
3rd June 2005, 11:45 AM
sorry for the confusion machi, inga puthusa, yalla Thala fansum
Thala avathar vechirukarathale konjam confuse aagitten

:? :? :?

IT'S OKAY MACHI.... :D
ENNODA POST ELLAM BLUE COLOR-LA IRUKKUM.. :wink:
SIGN RED COLOR....IDENTIFY PANNIKKO.... :)

ENNODA STYLE-I MR.123 COPY ADIKKIRAR.... :oops: :oops: CONFUSE AYIDATHEY....

ok machi inimel confuse aaga maaten :)

Kollywoodfan
4th June 2005, 01:42 AM
I felt the remake of Okkadu, "Gilli" was much better, because it wove in all aspects of a fun, masala entertainer, wheras Okkadu was purely racy. However, Vijay's power-packed performance and Dharani's amazing changes added to the already great package.

Vaseegara did not however live up to expectations.

Jeyam was also excellent in Tamil as much as in Telugu.

Ajith fans, do you know that Unnithedi was actually a spin off from the Hindi blockbuster Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge starring Sharukh and Kajol. However, Unnithedi did not compare with that mega-hit.

RATHEESHAJITH
4th June 2005, 09:49 AM
I felt the remake of Okkadu, "Gilli" was much better, because it wove in all aspects of a fun, masala entertainer, wheras Okkadu was purely racy. However, Vijay's power-packed performance and Dharani's amazing changes added to the already great package.

Ajith fans, do you know that Unnithedi was actually a spin off from the Hindi blockbuster Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge starring Sharukh and Kajol. However, Unnithedi did not compare with that mega-hit.

IF UNNAITHEDI IS A REMAKE . AJITH DOES ONLY
ONE REMAKE . BUT VIJAY ? ALMOST ALL HIS
FILMS ARE REMAKE FILMS.

WHEN CHOOSE REMAKE FILMS ITS 100%
SURE OF THE FILMS SUCCESS . BUT ALWAYS
CHOOSING REMAKE FILM IS NOT GOOD.

r_un2001
4th June 2005, 10:39 AM
AJITH SOLD REMAKE RIGHTS AT RECORD PRICE! 8)
VIJAY ONLY KNOW TO BUY!

I felt the remake of
Okkadu, "Gilli" was much better, because it wove in all aspects of a fun, masala entertainer, wheras Okkadu was purely racy. However, Vijay's power-packed performance and Dharani's amazing changes added to the already great package.

IF UNNAITHEDI IS A REMAKE . AJITH DOES ONLY
ONE REMAKE . BUT VIJAY ? ALMOST ALL HIS
FILMS ARE REMAKE FILMS.

WHEN CHOOSE REMAKE FILMS ITS 100%
SURE OF THE FILMS SUCCESS . BUT ALWAYS
CHOOSING REMAKE FILM IS NOT GOOD.

mani234
4th June 2005, 05:45 PM
GF AUDIO JUNE 15th

NAAN KADAVUL (BALA+AJITH) pooja on july 6th

Kollywoodfan
4th June 2005, 10:14 PM
Guys, please everyone knows Vijay likes remakes, but he chooses good subjects and has to fulfill the expectations accomplished by the original hit, so it has its difficulties. Vijay suggested Okkadu and Dharani took it to new heights.

Ajith films used to get remade, but for a long time now he has been out of market. Plus, the title of Bala and Ajith's news film is buzzed to be changed soon.

selvakumar
5th June 2005, 03:56 PM
what can we say about triple remake Manichitrathal -> Aapthamitra -> chandramukhi

Alien
5th June 2005, 04:12 PM
what can we say about triple remake Manichitrathal -> Aapthamitra -> chandramukhi

Chandramukhi sucked big time, no taut screenplay, crass comedy, though i haven't seen the original Manichitrathal.
I'm pretty sure Aapthamithra must have sucked big time as well....
That Vasu is the dumpest director ever :evil:, followed by some other like S.A.cha...., Udhayakumar..... :evil:

dilipkumar
5th June 2005, 05:53 PM
Sachin is remake from telugu movie, wat was the result atlast the movie was flop in tamil now vijay fans's has no words to talk about that movie, next month Thala Movie is releasing that's not remake original movie it wil be sure hit no one can beat ajith he is 1.

south best action heros

Ultimate Star Ajith and Action King Arjun
they r no. 1

sanjay
6th June 2005, 03:57 PM
All vijay's original movies (telugu) were better than the remakes.

r_un2001
6th June 2005, 05:57 PM
CREATIVITY ILLATHA PEOPLE THAAN REMAKE RIGHTS VANGUVAAN!
VIJAY AND RAVI SPOILING THE TAMIL INDUSTRY NAME!
USUALY TAMIL FILMS THAAN TELUGULA REMAKE AAGUM!
VIJAY IS MAKING TAMIL FIELD LIKE TELUGU!
6 PAATU 4 FIGHTU IRUNDA KANDIPPA TAMIL CINEMA URUPADATHU!

selvakumar
10th June 2005, 02:15 PM
I saw the telugu movie samba which got released even before thirupachi. Thirupachi was an inch by inch copy of samba. So, the makers of samba released the movie in tamil too. remake - remake - original - remake. God only can save the tamil film industry from the telugu masala.

selvakumar
10th June 2005, 02:38 PM
Pras, by this time u might have understood why I started that poll. I started this to really understand the worth of tamil films and the increasing number of remakes.

nickraman
11th June 2005, 09:25 AM
Manichitranazhu PWNS CM big time, CM was a lousy son of a **** that had crap, crap and what...crap! Bottom line: An inept movie that lacks everything... Haven't we already gotten a Shock, Aaru, etc...(Those who get this line, deserve a cookie...)

Yes, I saw it, so back off with the, "your crap, Superstar was better than Kamal, or "ungal thala seriya work panile" s**t, cause you know why, CM bombed in U.S, cause IT WAS THE SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE, GOD D****T! He flirts with young women which is plain stupid, and gunda has a stupid-minded wife, how sad.... A bum that was found on the streets provides more stupid and vulgar slapstick humor which makes me wonder, tamil films sure have kicked the bucket huh?

MX was awesome, it was an original and a comedy

Nerd
11th June 2005, 09:42 AM
CM bombed in U.S,

dude.. get a life.. if u want me to explain the success of CM in US.. i ll explain in pages..

selvakumar
12th June 2005, 12:39 PM
kasi please relax,
I still believe that CM failed to meet the quality of MC(Mani chitra..). Also Aaptha mitra too failed. collections can soar high. but a national award film should not be degraded with commercial elements. I think u can understand.

vincent
22nd June 2005, 05:26 PM

PLS[/b[b]]...PLS...PLS...PLS...PLS

INGGE REMAKE MOVIES PATTHI THAN PESANUM
VIJAY, AJITH, RAVI ILLE
NOT HEROES GO AND BUY ALL THE MOVIES
DIRECTORS & PRODUCERSS

SOO TOPIC PATTHI PESELAMNU NAAN NINAIKIREAN!!!!!

ANY QUESTIONS???? :twisted:

truth
22nd June 2005, 08:48 PM
you know priyamanavale was an original remake which flopped in tamil becuz of the actor sorry dancer

truth
22nd June 2005, 08:50 PM
vijay evvali avandai fansum avvali

poi solrathu
kalavu
kolai
kollai

Guys, please everyone knows Vijay likes remakes, but he chooses good subjects and has to fulfill the expectations accomplished by the original hit, so it has its difficulties. Vijay suggested Okkadu and Dharani took it to new heights.

Ajith films used to get remade, but for a long time now he has been out of market. Plus, the title of Bala and Ajith's news film is buzzed to be changed soon.

truth
22nd June 2005, 08:51 PM
better than a remake called vasool raja. kamal seemed to everyone boring. Rajini did a change but kamal is always boring now.

Chandramukhi sucked big time, no taut screenplay, crass comedy, though i haven't seen the original Manichitrathal.
That Vasu is the dumpest director ever :evil:, followed by some other like S.A.cha...., Udhayakumar..... :evil:

truth
22nd June 2005, 08:51 PM
it's easy to correct something than to make it

truth
22nd June 2005, 08:52 PM
tamiluku avamaanam
tamilcinmavuku avamanam

Nerd
22nd June 2005, 08:53 PM
kasi please relax,
I still believe that CM failed to meet the quality of MC(Mani chitra..). Also Aaptha mitra too failed. collections can soar high. but a national award film should not be degraded with commercial elements. I think u can understand.

Selva dude,

I know about the quality of both MC and CM.. CM was a bad remake of MC.. I ve seen and enjoyed MC more than CM.. what I meant was CM is a big big box office hit.. and that guy nick was saying that CM bombed in US.. I know about CM's collections in US.. and the enthusiasm people showed towards CM..

truth
22nd June 2005, 08:53 PM
Rajini better than Kamal

Manichitranazhu PWNS CM big time, CM was a lousy son of a **** that had crap, crap and what...crap! Bottom line: An inept movie that lacks everything... Haven't we already gotten a Shock, Aaru, etc...(Those who get this line, deserve a cookie...)

Yes, I saw it, so back off with the, "your crap, Superstar was better than Kamal, or "ungal thala seriya work panile" s**t, cause you know why, CM bombed in U.S, cause IT WAS THE SAME OLD SONG AND DANCE, GOD D****T! He flirts with young women which is plain stupid, and gunda has a stupid-minded wife, how sad.... A bum that was found on the streets provides more stupid and vulgar slapstick humor which makes me wonder, tamil films sure have kicked the bucket huh?

m_23_bayarea
23rd June 2005, 01:26 AM
Rajini better than Kamal

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: CM rocks !!!

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd June 2005, 02:12 PM
kasi please relax,

digression...
Selvakumar Mini Japan-na endha area?

Pras
23rd June 2005, 02:14 PM
digression pannathe, anniyan-ku kovam vantha theriyum-la ? :twisted:

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd June 2005, 02:16 PM

no probs sadha-va kootittu vandhu ralam...aama unnoda sadha yaaru :wink:

Pras
23rd June 2005, 02:17 PM

no probs sadha-va kootittu vandhu ralam...aama unnoda sadha yaaru :wink:

:roll:

Sanguine Sridhar
23rd June 2005, 04:11 PM
kasi please relax,

Selva dude,

I know about the quality of both MC and CM.. CM was a bad remake of MC.. I ve seen and enjoyed MC more than CM.. what I meant was CM is a big big box office hit.. and that guy nick was saying that CM bombed in US.. I know about CM's collections in US.. and the enthusiasm people showed towards CM..

I saw both the movie
CM = MC+ LOT OF MASALA

Alien
24th June 2005, 10:41 AM
People other than truth may want to skip my this post 8) :?

better than a remake called vasool raja. kamal seemed to everyone boring. Rajini did a change but kamal is always boring now.

That ignoramus, lamebrain, lunkhead, nitwit, oaf,stupe,moron, dullard, imbecile, jackass, jerk, schmuck, dic**ead, halfwit,scumbag, retarded tharuthalai fan is back :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

rachel
24th June 2005, 10:45 AM
People other than truth may want to skip my this post 8) :?

That ignoramus, lamebrain, lunkhead, nitwit, oaf,stupe,moron, dullard, imbecile, jackass, jerk, schmuck, dic**ead, halfwit tharuthalai fan is back :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

vasanth....how do you know all these good words? :lol:
exam eppidiiiii

Sourav
24th June 2005, 10:48 AM
:lol:

Alien
24th June 2005, 10:48 AM
Exam good :)
Sorry rachel, i thought u mite get angry on me, but i couldn't help myself, since i read his posts in some other threads as well. :oops: :(

I checked all these words on thesaurus :wink: :lol: :D

rachel
24th June 2005, 10:52 AM
Exam good :)
Sorry rachel, i thought u mite get angry on me, but i couldn't help myself, since i read his posts in some other threads as well. :oops: :(

I checked all these words on thesaurus :wink: :lol: :D

:lol: :lol: :wink:

selvakumar
24th June 2005, 02:27 PM
Vasanth,
Truth always rocks. Don't put urself near the full stop.

Again digression,
Beckham,
Now I am in my native place sivakasi(Popularly called as Mini Japan). If u don't know this one, sorry for using that one. I will change it.

Alien
24th June 2005, 05:18 PM
Vasanth,

Dude, did i ask u anything about that lame thing? :x
It seems that u r the one inspired by his ludicrous posts :lol: :x

selvakumar
24th June 2005, 05:48 PM
Vasanth,

U never asked.. But it seems u r throwing everything on him.. If he is ludicrous then u r the most ludicrous one indeed for blaming everyone without even knowing about urself.. Just try to reply him else go out elsewhere u..

Alien
24th June 2005, 05:56 PM
Vasanth,

U never asked.. But it seems u r throwing everything on him.. If he is ludicrous then u r the most ludicrous one indeed for blaming everyone without even knowing about urself.. Just try to reply him else go out elsewhere u..

I think u r in serious trouble in perceiving stuff.....What do u know abt me? Whom did i blame here? Don't talk bullshit knowing nothing :evil:
How do u want me to reply him? huh??? :evil: What does that guy do 2 every post here, just utters rubbish with no relevance to what he quotes at all
Why do u need 2 jump on me? :evil: or is it u who uses another handle and posts those freaked out stuff :roll:

selvakumar
24th June 2005, 06:01 PM
Vasanth,

I think u r in serious trouble in perceiving stuff.....What do u know abt me? Whom did i blame here? Don't talk bullshit knowing nothing :evil:
How do u want me to reply him? huh??? :evil: What does that guy do 2 every post here, just utters rubbish with no relevance to what he quotes at all
Why do u need 2 jump on me? :evil: or is it u who uses another handle and posts those freaked out stuff :roll:

Relax vasanth.. if I don't know much about u then u too might not have known much about me. o.k. I welcome troubles and challenges. I am not the one who will say 'oh! no.. its ok'. If u don't like him, just ignore him.
P.S: Make sure ur blood pressure doesn't increase beyond the tolerance level.

selvakumar
24th June 2005, 06:08 PM
or is it u who uses another handle and posts those freaked out stuff

U can better become a story writer with ur imagination skill. No one might have imagined like u. This is a prime eg for that one.
P.S: Truth cannot become selvakumar & selvakumar cannot become truth. Truth rocks.. selvakumar just discusses in a humble way..

Alien
24th June 2005, 06:10 PM
Relax vasanth.. if I don't know much about u then u too might not have known much about me. o.k. I welcome troubles and challenges. I am not the one who will say 'oh! no.. its ok'. If u don't like him, just ignore him.

Yeah, i know nothing abt u Man, i never even talked with u b4.......

Why should i hate som1, be it "truth" even??
The problem with that guy is, even if i say "hi" to som1, he will reply me, saying "simbu is better than Kamal" ,just cos i have got Kamal in my avatar. i always try my level best 2 avoid him, but..........

selvakumar
24th June 2005, 06:18 PM

The problem with that guy is, even if i say "hi" to som1, he will reply me, saying "simbu is better than Kamal" ,just cos i have got Kamal in my avatar. i always try my level best 2 avoid him, but..........

Agreed vasanth.

Alien
24th June 2005, 06:23 PM

Agreed vasanth.

Now see who went wrong mate 8) . U pointlessly bashed me, but i, out of the mental agony i was put through, reading his posts, posted that message bashing truth

ajithfederer
24th March 2006, 12:55 AM
Tamil cinemavukku Ippo thevayana thread ithu thaan....

guys vaango.....

:D

Sinthiya
24th March 2006, 01:26 AM
alien aka vasanth..... :shock: ... :oops: .... :roll: .... :o ....
interesting vocab skills....:oops:

in most cases, i think original is better...

Thirumaran
24th March 2006, 01:29 AM

I have learnt lots of words because of him. Neengalum konjam help pannungalaen.. :)

captain
24th March 2006, 01:35 AM
guys vaango.....

read what mods said in "ji-superhit" thread

I hope you are safe :cool:

Sinthiya
24th March 2006, 01:41 AM
I have learnt lots of words because of him. Neengalum konjam help pannungalaen.. :)
sorry...i can't help you.... :roll:

someone pls list some original and its remakes (not just Vijay ones...)....

ajithfederer
24th March 2006, 01:46 AM
Kilinjuthu.........po........Vara vara edhukellam ban pannubaangannu oru vevasthaya illama pochu.....i didnt read that ...but now i read it after u said....
ENNA KODUMAI ITHU CAPTAIN....... :rotfl:

guys vaango.....

read what mods said in "ji-superhit" thread

I hope you are safe :cool:

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 12:08 PM
This is one thread which myself and vasanth will never forget :lol:

jana, No offense meant. Just look at the only fight we had :lol:

Thanks federer machi for giving the past memories.

selvakumar
24th March 2006, 12:10 PM

U mean to say that vasanth_luv was better than alien. :lol:

freaky
24th March 2006, 02:01 PM
where is truth nowadays? :roll:

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 02:03 PM
truth is INSIDE EACH OF US

just seek it :D :D :D

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 02:04 PM
I NEVER ENJOY remakes.
originals rule

including recent CM (MANICHITRA THAAZHU)

freaky

hi

:notworthy: thatuvam 200110

Shakthiprabha.
24th March 2006, 02:09 PM

sarna_blr
11th March 2008, 12:06 PM

dinesh13284
11th March 2008, 12:37 PM
Yaaru pa athu.. romba varshama makki pooi iruntha threada noondi eduthu uyir koduthathu? :lol:

sarna_blr
11th March 2008, 12:39 PM
remake....

Raikkonen
11th March 2008, 01:48 PM
i remember reading this bittu in arasu bathilgal

Q: Which one is better old billa, or new billa
A: Rajni's Billa - Commercial class, New Billa - Cooling Class

:rotfl:

sarna_blr
11th March 2008, 01:53 PM
inga neraya Ajith piriyargal/veriyargal irukkaanga...ungalukku badhil solla varuvaanga....

naan escape......

Raikkonen
11th March 2008, 01:55 PM
what? i'm not afraid to express my thoughts.. i hated the movie or whatever they call it. But i have never said anything bad bout it, and its just a bit from a magazine, that's it :lol:

directhit
11th March 2008, 02:12 PM
almost all remakes i have seen till date have been a touch less in quality/class when compared with the original -
Thenmavin Kombathu vs Muthu
MC vs Chandramukhi
Okkadu vs Gilli (heard from many - personally havent seen original)
MB MBBS vs VR MBBS (seems to be the public opinion - i love VR MBBS though 8-))
Pokkiri vs Pokkiri
NONO vs SSUE (Remake Ravi :x :x)
Kireedam vs Kreedom
Billa vs Billa
Udhayananu Tharam vs Vellithira

ajithfederer
11th March 2008, 09:15 PM
close this as well mods 8-)

selvakumar
11th March 2008, 10:10 PM

:rotfl: :rotfl: Arasu rocks :thumbsup:

m_23_bayarea
11th March 2008, 10:19 PM

How come you dint see/highlight the 'Class' in the New Billa? :roll:

joe
11th March 2008, 10:26 PM

Bay,
'Cooling Class' -la irukkura 'Class'-kku enna arththam-nu theriyatha ? :roll:

m_23_bayarea
11th March 2008, 10:32 PM
Bay,
'Cooling Class' -la irukkura 'Class'-kku enna arththam-nu theriyatha ? :roll:

Joe, whatever meaning it might have, it's just depressing to see things related to Rajini taken for granted sooo easily! Maybe cos we dont have too many Rajini fans in this HUB, so it's easy for ppl to :rotfl: all the time... :oops:

Nerd
11th March 2008, 10:37 PM

EKBI.. Thats supposed to be cooling GLASS..., CLASS adhu idhunnuttu :lol: :rotfl:

joe
11th March 2008, 10:40 PM

EKBI.. Thats supposed to be cooling GLASS..., CLASS adhu idhunnuttu :lol: :rotfl:

Nerd,
Kumudam-la Tamil-la ezhuthum pothu 'Class' and 'Glass' ore maathiri thaan irukkum. :) Arasu athai use pannikittaru. :wink:

Nerd
11th March 2008, 10:43 PM
But joe, which one makes some sense (Forget the discussion, take just the phrase)
Cooling class OR cooling glass :roll: 8-)

joe
11th March 2008, 10:46 PM
But joe, which one makes some sense (Forget the discussion, take just the phrase)

Ofcourse ,Cooling Glass ,That is what Arasu intend to say. :)

Thalafanz
12th March 2008, 10:59 AM

Eppadiyo rendu pErum sErnthu puthu Billa-va kindal panrathu-nu mudiveduthutEngga pOla. Hmm... Nadakattum Nadakattum... :P :cry:

selvakumar
12th March 2008, 11:16 AM
I thought there was no need for that. Sometime back, Raaja_Rasigan posted this in tamil and both have the same word in tamil. I just laughed at ARASU for his COMMERCIAL CLASS tag ! 8-)

Raikkonen
12th March 2008, 01:04 PM
:lol: My mistake. it should've been Glass.. Sorry for typo, which erupted fiery discussions.

steveaustin
12th March 2008, 01:28 PM
This thread itself seems to be a remake after 2 years. :roll:

Which one is better? Old one or New one.

m_23_bayarea
12th March 2008, 09:53 PM
I thought there was no need for that. Sometime back, Raaja_Rasigan posted this in tamil and both have the same word in tamil. I just laughed at ARASU for his COMMERCIAL CLASS tag ! 8-)

I guess I misunderstood then! :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
12th March 2008, 10:11 PM

Out of topic - Who is this Arasu? Is he the editor of that magazine or any other VIP? :roll:

m_23_bayarea
12th March 2008, 10:16 PM
My take on this subject...

I am all for REMAKES! I donno, but when I see a movie in another language, and when I love that movie, the first thing that comes to my mind is, "Man, I wish they made this movie in Tamil!"... 8-)

Of course, there's a lot more to this conclusion, that I cant discuss due to time constraints! :oops: