PDA

View Full Version : alfalfa recipes

shreya23
2nd June 2005, 09:46 PM
anyone has got any indian recipes that can be prepared using alfalfa seeds?any rasam or thuvayal or kuttu recipes using these seeds ,i had bought them thinking them to be kollu paruppu!

Sowmya
3rd June 2005, 02:16 AM
Hi Shreya
I requested "alfa alfa recipes" from Bhargavi(dhaba recipes) and I got a couple of them.Here they are: and hope this helps

regards
Sowmya

Alpha alpha sprouts salad
You need,
Sprouts ( any sprouts will do)
finely chopped onions 1/2cup
finely chopped tomatoes 1/2cup
corn kernels (fresh if available) 1/4cup
very finely chopped dil ( or mint )1/4cup
for the dressing
In a blender
mix together 2 tbsp of lemon juice ,1tsp salt,1/2tsp pepper,olive oil and blend it for a min.
now add 2 green chillies, 1 garlic( if u like),sugar 1tsp,curd 1/2cup(U can replace ginger 2tsp instead of garlic or omitt both).
Blend again into a smooth consistency(no water to be added)
Mix together the sprouts and the vegetables. Now add the dressing and mix well. ( pour the dressing just before ur going to eat).
This salad can be eaten with bread or roti.
It tastes very good and nutritious.

avacado sandwich by foodlover123
Toast wheat bread..spread a little butter on one slice of bread ... a little of your favourite sandwich spread on the other(in my case i use sundried tomato spread...place avocade slices on a slice followed by alpha alpha sprout and season with a little salt and pepper and cover with the other bread slice.
It is a very simple sandwich...hope you like it

Badri
3rd June 2005, 08:23 AM
What is alfalfa, in the first place? I have heard so much abou them!

Not related to falafal, is it? Sound similar, and I don't know what falafel is, either!

a.ratchasi
3rd June 2005, 09:08 AM
Badri, here's the pic for your info.

Alfalfa sprout (http://www.sproutpeople.com/seed/leafy.html)

Badri
3rd June 2005, 09:11 AM
Thanks, a.r.

So, any idea what it is called in Tamizh?

a.ratchasi
3rd June 2005, 09:15 AM
It seems it's called pythamullai.