PDA

View Full Version : Sillunnu Oru Kadhal - A.R.Rahman - Vaali - Surya

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5

Surya
2nd August 2006, 03:09 AM
Surya, dvdunlimitedonline.com gets many Tamil CDs. If its not on the site, ask and they may have it. I bought Godfather from there (much cheaper than CDbaby or Tower)

:D :D Thanks Dragun!! :D I had no idea! :D

Guess_Me
2nd August 2006, 12:56 PM
Finally,

SOK CDs have been released in Malaysia. Message from an ARR Fan.

I just bought the JOK cd. Released by fivestar ayngaran av. Bought it at veenai brickfields (as i entered the shop,they were unwrapping the box, maybe i'm the 1st one to buy it). Just completed the 1st round of listening. 7 diff songs in 7 diff tunes. The master has shown us what he's capable of.

rayan36
2nd August 2006, 01:11 PM
Finally,

I just bought the JOK cd. Released by fivestar ayngaran av. Bought it at veenai brickfields (as i entered the shop,they were unwrapping the box, maybe i'm the 1st one to buy it). Just completed the 1st round of listening. 7 diff songs in 7 diff tunes. The master has shown us what he's capable of.

What kind of compilation is in the cd.........is it SOK with ARR song/movies or other ludicrous song/movies If it's not with ARR compilation i'll just order it from the net
:wink: :wink:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2006, 03:44 PM
Finally,

What kind of compilation is in the cd.........is it SOK with ARR song/movies or other ludicrous song/movies If it's not with ARR compilation i'll just order it from the net
:wink: :wink:I'm also from m'sia,i still now never heard any ad.about jok releasing in radio or n.paper :roll: yaaro vambu pannarangappa :confused2:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2006, 03:46 PM
Finally,

:wink: :wink:I'm also from m'sia,i still now never heard any ad.about jok releasing in radio or n.paper :roll: yaaro vambu pannarangappa :confused2:

A.ANAND
2nd August 2006, 03:46 PM
Finally,

july
2nd August 2006, 03:58 PM
Anand try check at cd shop...
dont depend on ad....

Guess_Me
2nd August 2006, 04:30 PM
No Anand. The shop mentioned in the message has the CDs. Try calling them. I got message from another fan who phoned them and confirmed it. Now he has left for the shop to buy the CD.

Guess_Me
2nd August 2006, 05:20 PM
One Torrent site has released SOK songs

baba88
2nd August 2006, 06:34 PM
www.tamilmp3tracks.com

mani234
2nd August 2006, 06:39 PM
JILLENDRU ORU KADHAL SONGS RELEASED!!!
U CAN DOWNLOAD FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING!!!!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FIWO71IM
http://rapidshare.de/files/27905416/Jillunu_Oru_Kaadhal.zip.html
http://www.uploading.com/?get=3U2SU3BR
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=38EABCFF04E2FB83 :D :D

these r for trial plss buy original!!!! :D

july
2nd August 2006, 06:39 PM
guys SOK is spellbounding album fro Arr...
just listened to it..
and i know everyone will download mp3 now..plz dont forget buy the cd..its a great album...
every song has its own unique sound to make we love it...
this kind of album i expecting from Arr.......

Now my expectations raise sky rocketing for Shivaji.... :lol:

My rating : 10/10

:D

dinesh2002
2nd August 2006, 06:45 PM
songs released in Malaysia....superb songs!!!! weird songs tough!!! 8-)

july
2nd August 2006, 06:45 PM
just listened to it..
and i know everyone will download mp3 now..plz dont forget buy the cd..its a great album...

july
2nd August 2006, 06:49 PM
just listened to it..

dinesh2002
songs released in Malaysia....superb songs!!!! weird songs tough!!! 8-)

mani234
JILLENDRU ORU KADHAL SONGS RELEASED!!!
U CAN DOWNLOAD FROM ANY OF THE FOLLOWING!!!!!
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=FIWO71IM
http://rapidshare.de/files/27905416/Jillunu_Oru_Kaadhal.zip.html
http://www.uploading.com/?get=3U2SU3BR
http://www.yousendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=38EABCFF04E2FB83 :D :D

these r for trial plss buy original!!!! :D

Guess_Me
2nd August 2006, 06:54 PM
A gem of an album. The power of orchestration. The best of ARR after Boys.

The only disappointment was Majaa Majaa which resembles Thazhuvuthu from Ah Ah. Still not bad.

Altogether a spell bounding work.

My rating 9/10

rashid2raj
2nd August 2006, 06:55 PM
IDHU PADDUKAL.. IDHU MUSIC.. I jus donno how to describe the songs..

Munbe vaa anbe vaa.. SO BEAUTYFULL SONG! can't believe it.. And Machakaari starting, OH MY GOD!

coucou
2nd August 2006, 07:01 PM
i heard full version of munbe va WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH IT IS SO BEAUTIFUL
just for this songs i wanted the original cd.
:notworthy: :notworthy: arr you are best, nobody deny it!!!!
One drawback: others songs are not special, maybe munbe va is so good.

baba88
2nd August 2006, 07:37 PM
www.tamilmp3tracks.com

Jacky
2nd August 2006, 07:46 PM
[tscii:a217fc86af]Quite a strong comeback by ARR. Fast paced songs in aah aah and GF were more like just adding vocals to a DJ rhythm cd.
Good to see ARR quickly ditching that habit. Maricham is experimental am already beginning to like it.
Munbe vaa are newyork are awesome – typical vintage ARR stuff!
Other songs are good too and would certainly grow on further listening.
He's Back!! :clap:

[/tscii:a217fc86af]

Music4Ever
2nd August 2006, 08:11 PM
Good to hear that the SOK album is one of ARR's recent best. The reviews so far have been from HCARR fans, though. It will be nice to know what neutral music lovers think.

I listened to the 30 second samples and liked all but the Maaja Maaja number. My picks are New York, Munbe va, the title song, and Maricham. The Kummi adi number seems to be belted along the lines of randakka but very different. Hoping for the best.

mahen01
2nd August 2006, 09:04 PM
Just heard the songs. "Newyork Nagaram" in Arr's voice sounds beautiful. This proves that Arr gives his best to Tamil songs than to hindhi.

svaisn
2nd August 2006, 09:08 PM
Good to hear that the SOK album is one of ARR's recent best. The reviews so far have been from HCARR fans, though. It will be nice to know what neutral music lovers think.

I listened to the 30 second samples and liked all but the Maaja Maaja number. My picks are New York, Munbe va, the title song, and Maricham. The Kummi adi number seems to be belted along the lines of randakka but very different. Hoping for the best.

Ya very true....

Y not a review from rajasaranam.... nilavupriyan

inetk
2nd August 2006, 09:44 PM
My 100 words, as usual!
http://www.itwofs.com/milliblog/

ArulprakasH
2nd August 2006, 10:43 PM
Tamilmp3tracks.com's bandwidth exceeded in hours..

This shows ARR's Power :thumbsup:

Music4Ever
2nd August 2006, 11:05 PM
"Y not a review from rajasaranam.... nilavupriyan"

Pochuda! What more, why not from MrJudge himself? I would rather go by inetk's who by far is neutral (may be he is also marginally pro-ARR like Vijayr?). According to inetk's timely review, the album seems to be a good one although not earth shattering.

rajasaranam
2nd August 2006, 11:06 PM
Y not a review from rajasaranam.... nilavupriyan
Haven't listened to the full songs yet :( and cant say anything from the samples it would be injustice. One thing i noticed was the rhythm accompaniment of 'Newyork' is almost similar to the 'Kaadhal un leelaiaya' from Japanil kalyanaraman by IR. may be the mood of both songs are same. but i can tell only after listening to the full song! am downloading it now :)

rashid2raj
2nd August 2006, 11:31 PM
One thing i noticed was the rhythm accompaniment of 'Newyork' is almost similar to the 'Kaadhal un leelaiaya' from Japanil kalyanaraman by IR. may be the mood of both songs are same. but i can tell only after listening to the full song! am downloading it now :)

AIYO.. Vandhuttangal :? Thank god, he didn't say copy but "similar"

shan7785
2nd August 2006, 11:38 PM
hey guys u can download the mp3 at
http://www.downloadtamilmp3s.com
or
http://2ktamilonline.com/categories.php?cat_id=158

rashid2raj
3rd August 2006, 12:16 AM

Also Tamilnapsters server went down, due to heavy server load.. :lol:

baba88
3rd August 2006, 12:24 AM
Now it's time for Tamilmp3tracks.com's second server :)
Let's see who is stronger ARR's music or their server

Surya
3rd August 2006, 01:12 AM

Also Tamilnapsters server went down, due to heavy server load.. :lol:

:lol:

For those who still have a prob downloading, try @ mohankumars..:thumbsup: The songs sound so much better when heard in full lenth! espicially "Jillendru Oru Kaadhal" Kummi Adi and New York! 8-)

I've also ordered an original version of the Audio on the Net!! WAAH!! :boo:

Nerd
3rd August 2006, 01:44 AM
Two thumbsup !!

Between MunbE vaa, newyork nagaramE, jillunu oru kaathal I couldnt pick which one is the best.. Other songs will entertain the masses. I expected a lot from maaricham.. but that was a dissappointment. Thought that would rock like lose control (RDB). All in all a hit album from ARR. I hope the movie comes out soon and I really wish the movie to be a decent one !!

For some reason jillunnu oru kaathal reminds me of the pink panther theme music :oops:

MADDY
3rd August 2006, 06:15 AM
Man.....it is marana adi to all ARR critics..........the genius is back and shows he can come down to please the masses.......

Kummi Adi, Munbe vaa, Newyork - this is like Dravid, Tendulkar, Yuvraj scoring centuries in the same innings........wat more u can ask for in a album?

someone said it is not earth shattering but is surely TFM-shattering................

rayan36
3rd August 2006, 07:28 AM
No Anand. The shop mentioned in the message has the CDs. Try calling them. I got message from another fan who phoned them and confirmed it. Now he has left for the shop to buy the CD.

well.what's the compilation...........is it with Rahman song/movies or i'll better better buy just containing SOK just as GF.......sometimes they won't release good compilation after a few months............which exactly what happened when AE was released....1st few months it eas like AE with sathurangam....blah blah.......n then they released it with Bombay/ Roja/Alaipayuthey.thats the time when i bought the cd :wink:

Music4Ever
3rd August 2006, 08:07 AM
New York nagaram urangum nEram thanimai adarnthadhu
paniyum padaranthadhu
kappal irangiyE kaatrum tharaiyil nadanthadhu
nangu kannadi chuvargalukkullE naanum meLuguvathi-um
thanimai thanimai-yo kodumai kodumai-yo

This song is awesome. Irresistible. Absolutely sweet. An absolute stunner. Great orchestra, unbelievable chorus, superb humming by the master himself, mellifluous melody, smooth flowing -- you name it, it has ALL. This one is for the ages. I haven't been able to listen to the other songs yet!!

villan007
3rd August 2006, 08:20 AM
Munbe vaa & Newyork just Amazing..... 8-)

Machakkari and Kummiadi will go well withe masses :D

All in all a Great Album :victory:

villan007
3rd August 2006, 08:52 AM
Newyork nagaram sounds similar to malai kovil vaasalile .. jus the tune... :confused2:

sad
3rd August 2006, 09:14 AM
ן๏к г๏ςкz!!!
PlEaSe bUy tHe oRiGiNaL Cd. NoThInG CoMpArEd tO ThE OrIgInAl

inetk
3rd August 2006, 09:25 AM
Pochuda! What more, why not from MrJudge himself? I would rather go by inetk's who by far is neutral (may be he is also marginally pro-ARR like Vijayr?). According to inetk's timely review, the album seems to be a good one although not earth shattering.

:-) Guess I have to battle the ghosts of my days running arrmp3 even harder! Even if this is unwarranted, I'd like to point out that against the usual 100 words, I've given 200 words only for 3 items so far...Pudhupettai, Naveen's Flute Grooves and Kana Kanden, the movie! The fact that I'm excited enough to write more than 100 words is enough for me to consider anything really good. No ARR album hs got 200 words - so far - from me!

Karthik
http://www.itwofs.com/milliblog

sad
3rd August 2006, 09:26 AM
Surya-Jyotika in River Godavari

Surya and Jyotika have decided to tie the knot in October or November, so they are trying hard to complete the shooting for 'Chillunu Oru Kaadhal' as fast as possible. Let's check out the latest on the shooting spot report for this film.

The second phase of shooting for 'Chillunu Oru Kaadhal' has been shot at a 20 day stretch at Rajahmundry by the banks of the Godavari, a place known for its scenic beauty.

A grand song sequence featuring Surya, Jyotika, 1300 extras, artistes of karagattam, silambattam, mayilattam and oyilattam has been shot here. They put up a set on the river and shot day and night for about a week.

The Telugu version of 'Ghajini' is such a big hit that people from all the nearby towns swarmed to the spot to see their hero.

Permission to shoot in the 1500 acre Andhra University that has been denied even for Telugu films, was given for this film and scenes with Surya-Bhumika and 500 models were shot here.

A massive football stadium set was put up at Coimbatore and a match featuring 300 models and 500 extras was shot using new technology.

At the old Patchiraja Studio, a fight scene with Surya confronting 50 bullies was shot to fights composed by stunt master Vikram Dharma.

The comedy scenes featuring Vadivelu were shot in Pollachi. Near the Coimbatore bus stand is the Gandhipuram signal where 4 roads meet. With tight security of nearly 500 cops, scenes featuring Surya and Bhumika were shot.

Scenes involving Surya, Bhumika and Vadivelu were shot in important Mumbai locales.

Using Rollovision, they have captured the beauty of Mumbai, that one does not see even in a Hindi film.

Some important scenes with Surya were shot in the Maruthi factory at Delhi. The climax scenes featuring Surya, Jyotika and Bhumika will be shot in Chennai and the song sequences in Switzerland.

Wait for a few more days and the film will be released to feast your eyes on!

united07
3rd August 2006, 10:57 AM
WOW!

The songs are really enjoyable....finally after the dull Ah Aah and God Father (bar a few songs)...

Munbe Va, New York, Kummi Adi, Jillunu oru Kaathal and Machakari simply hooks on to you....

nothing much can be said about Maaza Maaza and Maaricham....they are just experimental stuffs from ARR!.....

but 5/7 song which are bound to be hit is a sure sign an album will be hot....

long live ARR liver! he he he

inetk
3rd August 2006, 12:22 PM
Few doubts on the lyrics.

In Mumbe vaa, whats the second line that Shreya sings?

Munbe vaa anbe vaa
OoNey vaa (or) uNavaa...??? I guess she's trying to mean 'come as my food and come as my life'....just a guess!

The 'poovai' type lyrics are good wordplay typical of Valee!

The word play in Kummi adi is very neat. But, as I listen carefully, the first set is described about a guy, for a woman, while the second set is about a woman, for a guy....or am I mistaken here? I guess things like 'aiyar hotel alwaa' and 'thaazhamboo' are feminine so denote a description for a woman. But 'azhagu devadhai' in the 2nd set also sounds feminine.

"Avalukena ambasamudhram aiyar hotel alwaa maadhiri thaazhamboovena thaLa thaLa thaLa vena vandhaa vandhaa paaru"

and

"Avanukena aalwarkurichi azhagu thevadhai "..........." maadhiri burma thekkena thaka thaka thaka vena vandhaan paaru"

Any guesses about the gender for each of these descriptions...note the use of 'vandhaa' in the first and 'vandhaan' in the 2nd!!

Karthik

united07
3rd August 2006, 01:45 PM
Check out the trailer from IndiaGlitz....cool....looks hip.....can't wait for the movie now....

A.ANAND
3rd August 2006, 03:09 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :bluejump: :redjump: THIS IS FANTASTIC ALBUM FROM ARR 1 OF THE BEST ALBUM.UNMAYYA NALLA 'MUSIC KNOLWLEDGE'ULLAVANGA YARUM ITHAI BAD ALBUM INNU SOLLAMATTANGA :thumbsup: ITHAI ARR RASIGANA IRUNTHU SOLLALA 'ISAI RASIGANA'IRUNTHU SOLLAREN..NEW YORK,ANBEVA,MARICAM,MACAKARI,KUMMI ADI WOOOOW WHAT A SONG....KALAKITHARUPPA NAMMA ALU :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

A.ANAND
3rd August 2006, 03:09 PM
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW :bluejump: :redjump: THIS IS FANTASTIC ALBUM FROM ARR 1 OF THE BEST ALBUM.UNMAYYA NALLA 'MUSIC KNOLWLEDGE'ULLAVANGA YARUM ITHAI BAD ALBUM INNU SOLLAMATTANGA :thumbsup: ITHAI ARR RASIGANA IRUNTHU SOLLALA 'ISAI RASIGANA'IRUNTHU SOLLAREN..NEW YORK,ANBEVA,MARICAM,MACAKARI,KUMMI ADI WOOOOW WHAT A SONG....KALAKITHARUPPA NAMMA ALU :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Sanjeevi
3rd August 2006, 03:14 PM

Munbe vaa anbe vaa
OoNey vaa (or) uNavaa...??? I guess she's trying to mean 'come as my food and come as my life'....just a guess!

Athu "Kooda vaa" illaiya :roll:

rashid2raj
3rd August 2006, 03:32 PM
Man.....it is marana adi to all ARR critics..........[/b]................

SO TRUEE.. :lol:

stone cold
3rd August 2006, 04:37 PM
superb songs....love the rangoli part in munbe vaa

villan007
3rd August 2006, 04:50 PM

Munbe vaa anbe vaa

Athu "Kooda vaa" illaiya :roll:

UUnEy vaa , UyirE vaa i guess...... :?

rashid2raj
3rd August 2006, 05:01 PM
Wow.. the trailer looks kind of comedy.. Maybe it's the title track which makes that mood.. hehe..

ArulprakasH
3rd August 2006, 05:20 PM
[tscii:ef23e2b14f] Sillunu Oru Kaadhal - Cool and lovable IndiaGlitz [Monday, July 31, 2006]

You cannot keep a good thing bottled up for long. A R Rahman’s Sillunu Oru Kaadhal is a good example.

The master of techno-orchestration and stylized melodies has shown fine form.

Rahman has used few fresh voices besides himself rendering a number.

The thing about Rahman is his feel for lilt and rhythm. You get that in ample measure in Sillunu or Kaadhal.

Kummi Adi (Dr Siva Chidambaran, Swarnalatha, Naresh Iyer, Theni Kunjarammal, Vignesh)

A perfect beginning. Rahman lofts the first ball of the over for a huge six. Peppy beats and racy rhythms combined with open throated voice of Sirkazhi Siva Chidambaram make it a song worth listening to. Swarnalatha provides the soft touch. Mass number from the master.

Munbe Vaa (Shreya Ghoshal, Naresh Iyer)

Beginning with husky voice of Shreya Ghoshal, the song has less instrumentation and Rahman lets the romantic lyric do the talking. Steps in Naresh Iyer with his gentle voice. The combination is ethereal. Again vintage stuff.

Maaza Maaza (SPB Charan, Shreya Ghoshal)

Yet another melody from Rahman. Dealing about the pangs of love, the song has heavy instruments but giving a soft sound, thanks to Rahman's intelligent usage. With music and lyric going hand in hand, this number is worth listening to. The voices are all honey-dipped and that give the right impetus.

Machakari (Shankar Mahadevan, Vasundhra Das)

A racy number with a western touch to it. Vasundhara Das begins with style while the ever energetic Shankar Mahadevan sings within himself. The peppy beats and the good use of percussion instruments are the features.

New York (A R Rahman)

A song with weighted rhythms with Rahman himself at the helm. The song has a catchy ditty and an agreeable melody with western touch and soft lyrics. Rahman is on a good wicket and delivers a winner.

Maaricham (Carolisa, Mohammad Aslam, Krishna)

A brisk and a high-pitched effort, with Caroilsa touching the higher octaves quite easily. The guitar and the drums give the song a perfect lift. Giving her good company are Mohammad Aslam and Krishna.

Jillunu Oru Kaadal (Tanvil)

The title song of the album. Pick of the album for Rahman has taken enough care to ensure that it strikes the listeners. Vaali's touching lyrics combined with a groovy music are noteworthy. The song seemingly influenced by Jazz has Tanvil rendering it with rare felicity and feel.

Say it loud and clear: The master is back.[/tscii:ef23e2b14f]

dinesh2002
3rd August 2006, 05:37 PM
the album is perfect....lets hope the movie works out well...!!

united07
3rd August 2006, 07:22 PM
Finally an album after AE to play non-stop on my laptop....

Very sure this is a bulls eye from our maestro....

Jolly Good Fellas!

Guess_Me
3rd August 2006, 07:25 PM
Where are the IR family fans?

I wud love to hear their reviews.

rsubras
3rd August 2006, 07:39 PM

Munbe vaa anbe vaa

naaaaaaaaaa...unga tamil knowledge ah paarthu mei silirthu pochungna :) just kidding

ooon is body, uyir is the life inside it

alli arjuna la oru song varume...

oone oone..urukkuraane

stone cold
3rd August 2006, 07:47 PM
this is typical rahman album..didnt really like the songs at first listening n now i love the songs.

listeng to kummi adi right now.. :cool2:

inetk
3rd August 2006, 08:10 PM
>> ooon is body, uyir is the life inside it

Thats makes more sense. Remembered from my seyyul class way back that OooN means uNavu! Probably 'cos that was pasi veLai when I wrote that :-)

A.ANAND
3rd August 2006, 08:12 PM
ennum 2 naal pona,all dissapoiting fans ellam J.O.K IS THE BEST ALBUM FROM ARR innu nichayam sollathan porannga parunnga :lol: :lol:

rayan36
3rd August 2006, 10:08 PM
ן๏к г๏ςкz!!!
PlEaSe bUy tHe oRiGiNaL Cd. NoThInG CoMpArEd tO ThE OrIgInAl

same morale here ]PlEaSe bUy tHe oRiGiNaL Cd. NoThInG CoMpArEd tO ThE OrIgInAl

kb
3rd August 2006, 10:13 PM
newyork nagaram is :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

vigneshram
3rd August 2006, 10:49 PM
Dunno why all this hype? Very Mediocre album, quite disappointing...

Guess_Me
3rd August 2006, 11:31 PM
Here comes our IR family fan.

Are there any sensible guys among you? We are waiting for their review.

muzammil_fr
4th August 2006, 12:51 AM
Kummi Adi - Rahman Prouve that he too can do this typical Song :) , Naresh done good job, he is after Karthik in ARR Gang, and Swarnalatha voice so Village's, Surely it will rock for Long time.

JillendruOruKadhal - Great Jazz, it's really different, no one try do like a title song, ARR recently done a Title songs in all his Albems. so if u see as Title Songs, then it's surely nice Try.

Machakaari - Added in Pick Song in this albem, Vasandru Das don't lose her Touch, and Shankar Mahadevan no word about him, surely this song will chartbuster, it will suit correctly for surya this song.

MajjaMajja - It's Above Average Song, why i tell that because the lyrick repeat so many time, it's only kill the song, and the beats so nice, and Background vocale by Sheriya give Nicely, Well done ARR, and some of guys say, it's similair to Thazuvathu From Ah AHH, but me i don't find anything with this song. SPB Cheran Voice become Like Spb voice.

Maricham - Pure 100 % Westurn Feeling , But Dispointment , we can only Hear only at Cd not at Screen :(, Carolisa , ya Her voice like Anupama, in this song too Lyrics is missing, but as a Western Song , it does not need so much lyrics, thats what Done ARR, and Mohamed Aslam Voice like Unni Menon Voice.

New York Nagaram - Who Man who Man, It's A.R.Rahman Sing in This Albem, So What, No Words, Simply Superb Another Hit song in His List, i can say this song another Vertion Of Unthan Desathil Kural from Desam, why i tell that because of Lyrics, in Unthan desathil, ARR sing for India From America, And This Song sing For a lover from New York. surely it will win this song.

Munbe Vaa - Hock, Lock, Hack on the song, woooooooow great Song, specialy for the chorous " Rango... Rangoli" (Today When i wake up it make Humming This Part , Cooool Na) , Ya it's called Love Song, Sherya Voice superb, and it will be big anthem after Mayiliruke and Suttum vizhi Sudere. Naresh , wooow don't know how only ARR can get like those singer, superb voice,

Here My Vote For The Songs

Picking, Rocking & Peppy Songs (10/10)

Munbe Vaa

New York Nagaram

Machakaari

Kummi Adi

Hit & Peppy Songs (9/10)

Maricham

JillendruOruKadhal

Ok Song 7/10

Majja

For Totaly , i give 10 for 10 this Albem.

Surya
4th August 2006, 01:00 AM
JEOK trailor is out @ Indiaglitz.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7827.html

BGM is Jillendru Oru Kaadhal Song...Awesome!!

MADDY
4th August 2006, 01:44 AM
oh god, i have not been able to stop listening to songs......i wud have listened to "rango rangoli" in munbe vaa song atleast a 1000 times by now.............truly mesmerising......

with SOK album i hereby declare ARR as:

Database of Melody
Operating system for young MDs
Front End for TFM
Back End for Harris Jeyaraj :lol:
Server of Indian music
SAN of happy memories
CEO of orchestration

on the whole , he is the SAP of music........

Vysar
4th August 2006, 02:18 AM
I haven't listened to all the songs yet. The reason is because I am mesmerized with Munbe Vaa and cannot move to other songs in the album. I would say this song would be number 1 in my all time favorites. It has been years that I was listening to a song and got hooked to it in the first.

ARR is great and eagerly waiting for his future albums.

Arjuna
4th August 2006, 04:23 AM
New York Nagaram rocks big time - what a song - absolute rocker of a song - proves once again that ARR is GOD - while others are just mere mortals!!! ARR is the greatest ever to walk in this earth..ARR IS GOD!

Sarvam Sri ARR Panamasthu!

A.ANAND
4th August 2006, 05:27 AM
New York Nagaram rocks big time - what a song - absolute rocker of a song - proves once again that ARR is GOD - while others are just mere mortals!!! ARR is the greatest ever to walk in this earth..ARR IS GOD!

Sarvam Sri ARR Panamasthu!arjuna sir evalo naalu ennga sir irunthinga?????meendum intha forumkku vanthathukku valthukkal :notworthy: unnga sevai romba thevai :thumbsup:

united07
4th August 2006, 08:46 AM
I think sooner or later my colleague the indonessian going to kill me. He already questioned if I have been playing "Jillunu Oru Kaathal" song in a loop. I told him, not the song but the album. And today he started whistling to the "JOK" song.....but said..."why you keep playing the same song?" he he he

selvakumar
4th August 2006, 09:21 AM
Maddy,

Seekiram bangalore la irunthu Chennai keelpauk poyiduveengannu nenaikiraen :rotfl: J/K

Romba work panniteenga pola irukku / padichuteenga pola irukku :confused2:

oh god, i have not been able to stop listening to songs......i wud have listened to "rango rangoli" in munbe vaa song atleast a 1000 times by now.............truly mesmerising......

with SOK album i hereby declare ARR as:

Database of Melody
Operating system for young MDs
Front End for TFM
Server of Indian music
SAN of happy memories
CEO of orchestration

on the whole , he is the SAP of music........

lancelot
4th August 2006, 09:29 AM

areyou sure???
coz i think Harris Jeyaraj is like ARRs Back End :lol: :lol: :lol:

hehe

A.ANAND
4th August 2006, 09:51 AM
s.o.k director krishna, gautham menon's assistant innu ellarukkum therum.ana avar unnmayile yaarunnu thruma???minnale moviela antha lorry accident la vivek kuda varuvare lorry drivera,avarthan dir.krishna!!!

selvakumar
4th August 2006, 11:57 AM
s.o.k director krishna, gautham menon's assistant innu ellarukkum therum.ana avar unnmayile yaarunnu thruma???minnale moviela antha lorry accident la vivek kuda varuvare lorry drivera,avarthan dir.krishna!!!

wow.. thanks for the information. Just looks similar to the rise of SJS in TF as a famour director. Rememer.. in Aasai, SJS acted as an auto driver :)

All the best to SOK team and the man KRISHNA :D

Arjuna
4th August 2006, 12:28 PM
anand sir - ivalvu naala naan inga thaan irunthen - thalai padam varum pothu thaan naan comment pannalamnu irunthen :)..nandri nanmba :)

Arjuna
4th August 2006, 12:29 PM
anand sir - ivalvu naala naan inga thaan irunthen - thalai padam varum pothu thaan naan comment pannalamnu irunthen :)..nandri nanmba :)

baba88
4th August 2006, 01:20 PM
Now we can add another dream Team to our list:

A.R.Rahman - Mani Rathnam
A.R.Rahman - Shankar
A.R.Rahman - S.J.Suryah
A.R.Rahman - Krishna

I am eargerly waiting for Krishna's next movie :)

A.ANAND
4th August 2006, 02:02 PM
woooow!!innum movie relesae agala,athukulla next movie patti kekkarinnga :) hats off to krishna :thumbsup: guruva vida sishyan kalakuvaro :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
4th August 2006, 02:07 PM
"New york nagaram" rocks

united07
4th August 2006, 02:19 PM
Where's

ARR - Rajeev Menon?
ARR - Kaathir?
ARR - Bharathi Raaja?
ARR - KB (doubtful)?

lancelot
4th August 2006, 02:24 PM
ARR - Rajeev Menon?

to me this is the best of all... very romantic and amazing melody.
all the songs they gave are good..
i hope they work together again

hehe

baba88
4th August 2006, 02:25 PM
united07 these directors don't take A.R.Rahman always as their MD. I listed the directors who always take A.R.Rahman. So I didn't listed these directors. For example
there is no A.R.Rahman in KB's Poi or in BR's Cinema.

baba88
4th August 2006, 02:27 PM
I bet that Gautham Menon is now jealous at Krishna because he got A.R.Rahman for his movie and all songs are out of the world. hahahahaha

A.ANAND
4th August 2006, 02:32 PM
I bet that Gautham Menon is now jealous at Krishna because he got A.R.Rahman for his movie and all songs are out of the world. hahahahahasuper :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

july
4th August 2006, 02:41 PM
guys where to purchase Sillunnu Oru Kadhal online ?? i want Star Music Version Not ayngaran...plz help me ..
or anyone from india could help me ? i'll pay shipping charge and all :roll:

great
4th August 2006, 03:12 PM
I bet that Gautham Menon is now jealous at Krishna because he got A.R.Rahman for his movie and all songs are out of the world. hahahahaha

what this album is out of the world :shock: :oops2:

sorry dude this album is a middling one :rant:

Except for 2/3 songs all others are :( :cry: :cry2:

This almbu is no way near to RDB , water recent hindi album or Godfather :sigh2:

ARR stamp/magic is missing in this album not of his calibure :sigh2:

Dude Gautham Menon and Harris jeyaraj pair is a huge success
Minnalae/kakkha kakkha/ VV are good compared to SOK :cry:

nilavupriyan
4th August 2006, 03:17 PM
I bet that Gautham Menon is now jealous at Krishna because he got A.R.Rahman for his movie and all songs are out of the world. hahahahahasuper :lol: :lol: :notworthy: :notworthy: :clap:

jealous??..i dont believe this album will surpass kaaka kaaka or minnale...gautham has got the best of harris jeyaraj and all of tghem are musical hits...

rajasaranam
4th August 2006, 03:48 PM
Well the initial euphoria will be gone soon and never this album will find a place in the best of ARR. Apart from the title song, newyork and munbevaa the album is a total letdown. And he spoilt the mood of Munbe vaa near the end of the song with mindless chorus and sounds.
Newyork nagaram stands out from other songs as the best from his recent times.
jillendru oru kaadhal has some nice cool jazzy effects but he spoils it too with some meoww... sound midway and at the end.the way Tanvi has sung [or is it voice modualtion with synths] it falls flat. this song could have been better if rendered properly.
Other songs are nothing much to rave about that it can be composed by anybody from YSR to HJ.
Now that ARR fans a going gaga over this album and telling this is his best after BOys and better than GF or A..Ah. Lets wait for his Sivaji when the fans will say that it is the best of ARR. and I hope Shankar can extract better music from ARR though it will be a Rajini movie.

nilavupriyan
4th August 2006, 03:59 PM
hearing new york nagaram for nth time!..watta song

MADDY
4th August 2006, 04:52 PM
And he spoilt the mood of Munbe vaa near the end of the song with mindless chorus and sounds.

:shock: :shock:

i thot the chorus was the higlight of the song........so beautiful the way it melts with the lyrics and instruments........

Other songs are nothing much to rave about that it can be composed by anybody from YSR to HJ.

so u mean other songs will become hits then :wink:

Now that ARR fans a going gaga over this album and telling this is his best after BOys and better than GF or A..Ah. Lets wait for his Sivaji when the fans will say that it is the best of ARR. and I hope Shankar can extract better music from ARR though it will be a Rajini movie.

RS, it might sound normal for u guys but this album is indeed spl. for us cos he has given songs touching all genres, which IMO means that ARR wants to prove his critics wrong......and he hardly fails against critics......

anyways thanks for the small review.......... :D

A.ANAND
4th August 2006, 05:02 PM

jealous??..i dont believe this album will surpass kaaka kaaka or minnale...gautham has got the best of harris jeyaraj and all of tghem are musical hits...minnale and kaaka kaaka is good album than,illa innu yaaru sonnga????anaa antha 2 movieyum hit achu,athanala songs hit achu.movie flop ana songslam ithalavukku hit agathe :lol: :lol: krisha mela gautham jealous avanna unngalukku yaan sir kovam varuthu????vaitherichala :poke:

interz
4th August 2006, 05:09 PM
IMO New york nagaram and Munbe vaa, are the best songs of 2006 so far!!!!!!

MADDY
4th August 2006, 05:21 PM

This almbu is no way near to RDB , water recent hindi album or Godfather :sigh2:

now tell me how many songs in a yuvan or HJ album are gud??for instance, ghajini had only 2 gud songs and rest were pathetic, still ghajini is considered a gr8 album.....

every album cant be RDB...moreover there is no director in tamil who can even imagine a script like RDB......i'm sure SOK is better than GF......

VV is a gud album??? HJ copied "paartha mudhal" song directly from "sochna kya tha" from movie ghayal......dont call that a gud album.......if u want ican provide u the link......HJ is shameless sometimes....

baba88
4th August 2006, 05:25 PM

what this album is out of the world :shock: :oops2:

sorry dude this album is a middling one :rant:

Can you tell what A.R.Rahman's Stamp/Magic is ? Explain me exactly what this is and why it is not available in Sok ? And tell me where this stamp/magic is in RDB.

great
4th August 2006, 05:52 PM
now tell me how many songs in a yuvan or HJ album are gud??for instance, ghajini had only 2 gud songs and rest were pathetic, still ghajini is considered a gr8 album.....

every album cant be RDB...moreover there is no director in tamil who can even imagine a script like RDB......i'm sure SOK is better than GF......

VV is a gud album??? HJ copied "paartha mudhal" song directly from "sochna kya tha" from movie ghayal......dont call that a gud album.......if u want ican provide u the link......HJ is shameless sometimes....

I dont want ARR to give all albums in the range of RDB
Kannathil Muthamittal
PUthiya mugam
thiruda thiruda
ah ahh
Roja
Sangamam
May madham
many more i can list where 80% to 100% have mesmerising songs its not the case with this album .SOK is a very very ordinary album from ARR.

Regarding ur comment on RDB :
DOnt this bolly dir are god gift to man kind . Tamil dir has the capability sparing few hindi movies all the movies are copy of holly flick.

:omg: you have come down to a level of comparing arr album with YSR and HJ :rotfl2: :oops2: YSR and HJ are just new entrants it takes few/many years to reach ARR position.

Regarding copies :shhh: Nobody is perfect
even ARR is not perfect :ashamed:

Copying is a broader term lets not get into that :shhh:

Djpak
4th August 2006, 05:52 PM
Sivaji when the fans will say that it is the best of ARR. and I hope Shankar can extract better music from ARR though it will be a Rajini movie.

ARR - SHANKAR :yes: :musicsmile: :cool2:
ARR - RAJINI :notworthy: :clap: :2thumbsup:

IR - SHANKAR :bangcomp: :huh:
IR - RAJINI (2006) :rotfl:

great
4th August 2006, 05:55 PM
Can you tell what A.R.Rahman's Stamp/Magic is ? Explain me exactly what this is and why it is not available in Sok ? And tell me where this stamp/magic is in RDB.

whooooooa this album is just fabulous :frightened:

out of mars :irked: :victory:

great
4th August 2006, 05:56 PM

what a smart cookie :irked: :froggrin: :smokesmirk:

rajasaranam
4th August 2006, 06:04 PM
MADDY,
Listen to the similar kind of chorus in 'Nenjinilae nenjinilae' from uyirae and compare that with this one. Munbe vaa was a very good soft melody and the chorus spoils the mood is my opinion. While Nenjinilae was little fast tempo melody and the chorus was great in that song.
the songs might get hit because of the star studded combination of the project. But the music is not that great to be overwhelmed about.
Well I do understand that its almost similar like we expect Raja to comeback with every album and he fails though he delivers his best according to Raja fans opinion.
Ivalo sikiram enga nilamaikku neenga varuveengannu nenakala illa :twisted:
But apparently we dont go on shouting that this is best album of the century/ decade et all with every other release.
Well now tell me who are the critics here and whom ARR have proved wrong :roll: :roll: :roll:

nilavupriyan
4th August 2006, 06:07 PM

jealous??..i dont believe this album will surpass kaaka kaaka or minnale...gautham has got the best of harris jeyaraj and all of tghem are musical hits...minnale and kaaka kaaka is good album than,illa innu yaaru sonnga????anaa antha 2 movieyum hit achu,athanala songs hit achu.movie flop ana songslam ithalavukku hit agathe :lol: :lol: krisha mela gautham jealous avanna unngalukku yaan sir kovam varuthu????vaitherichala :poke:

haha..u started the jealous issue..i guess u are not happy for ar rehman gfiving an album inferior to hj-goutham combo!

for ur info.....those two albums dint become hit because of the movies...uyirin uyire,vaseegara rocked even before the release...!...dont worry arr will satisfy u all next time...

nilavupriyan
4th August 2006, 06:11 PM
Sivaji when the fans will say that it is the best of ARR. and I hope Shankar can extract better music from ARR though it will be a Rajini movie.

ir-rajni..watta combo..why do u laugh man...u havent heard "podhuvaga en manasu thangam","kadhalin deepamondru","rakamma kaiya thatu" etc?..bbroooooa...baba..cinema cinema :lol:

shankar-ir...doesnt need to happen...shankar is just an ordinary commercial director who pours producers money... :lol:

rajasaranam
4th August 2006, 06:14 PM
Djpak
IR-Shankar is a remote possibility. It could have happened with Shivaji had IR come down from his pedestal. 8-)
But IR-Rajini is gonna happen soon with Panju Arunachalam's movie (Raaja will come down from any pedestal for PA) and you all will be proved wrong at that time :hammer:

Djpak
4th August 2006, 06:17 PM

ir-rajni..watta combo..why do u laugh man...u havent heard "podhuvaga en manasu thangam","kadhalin deepamondru","rakamma kaiya thatu" etc?..bbroooooa...baba..cinema cinema :lol:

shankar-ir...doesnt need to happen...shankar is just an ordinary commercial director who pours producers money... :lol:

IR - RAJINI Combo was well in 80' but now it will be the same .

If he use producers money, why diden't he take IR :s ?

Djpak
4th August 2006, 06:20 PM
Djpak
IR-Shankar is a remote possibility. It could have happened with Shivaji had IR come down from his pedestal. 8-)
But IR-Rajini is gonna happen soon with Panju Arunachalam's movie (Raaja will come down from any pedestal for PA) and you all will be proved wrong at that time :hammer:

Ayo, IR can't make blockbuster Albums more!
YSR is doing it better

rajasaranam
4th August 2006, 06:21 PM
IR - RAJINI Combo was well in 80' but now it will be the same .

If he use producers money, why diden't he take IR :s ?

FYKI IR cant be taken by anybody. He decides for whom to give music. Only the Musical God knows whom to give boon to :P

rajasaranam
4th August 2006, 06:24 PM
Well Djpak I dont want to spoil this thread. We believe in IR as you people believe in ARR. They both have lost commercially long back. SO its better you get on with JOK as nobody knows when the next Album of ARR will be released :notworthy:

svaisn
4th August 2006, 06:34 PM
Djpak

This is all a bit too much

Dont dare say that Rajini and shankar had approached IR and he denied...

C'Mon we are also IR fans but please dont be so....................... (fill the apt word)

One more thing ARR had not lost his commercial value.. all reports claim that SOK had been the album sold at a good price lately......

IR.... Pedestalle nikattum atleast ir fans (including me) can still keep thinking that he is waiting for a good project.....
lets only discuss on SOK songs.....

villan007
4th August 2006, 06:38 PM
guys , oru small doubtu.. Doesnt Newyork nagaram tune remind malai kovil vaasalile from veera... :confused2: ....

thineshan54321
4th August 2006, 06:43 PM
rajasaranam wrote:

Now that they have seen how its done, they can do it for sure, no doubt. Isnt that what they specialize at? Y

you can go to itwofs and check out how many songs YSR copied (the actual tunes) and harris jeyaaj's anniyan theme music is a direct lift from ressurection theme for a jesus movie.

No one can come close to any of the compositions in this album. What are you saying?

Hey Rahman fans and other fair ppl, I am Thineshan. This is my first post I ve been observing u guys for a while and after I heard that SOK is not that great -_-, I had to post.

thineshan54321
4th August 2006, 06:43 PM
rajasaranam wrote:

Now that they have seen how its done, they can do it for sure, no doubt. Isnt that what they specialize at? Y

you can go to itwofs and check out how many songs YSR copied (the actual tunes) and harris jeyaaj's anniyan theme music is a direct lift from ressurection theme for a jesus movie.

No one can come close to any of the compositions in this album. What are you saying?

Hey Rahman fans and other fair ppl, I am Thineshan. This is my first post I ve been observing u guys for a while and after I heard that SOK is not that great -_-, I had to post.

dinesh2002
4th August 2006, 06:44 PM
lemme clear some stuffs for u guys!!!

1.Minnale album was an instant hit when it hit the stores [audio],even b4 anyone know about the movie....

2.Kaake Kaake on the other hand,it was hyped but it wasnt a HIT..untill the movie was a super hit....Uyirin Uyirea wasnt an instant hit like Vaseegara,infact Kaake2 album was called FLOP b4 the movie released...it was mentioned by some actor,if im not mistaken by Surya...he even said the same thing for Ghajini & Aaru.....

3.Raja,even 1st i felt the chorus part was funny & weird...i was wondering y ARR added that..... but after 4th listenin,now i know y he actually did it....its special,something very special....it touches my heart everytime i listen to that bit....

Jacky
4th August 2006, 07:23 PM
To say it is Mindless chorus is a bit harsh but it certainly sounds out of place and much inferior to Shreya's divine voice. If he had used Madhusri it wouldn't have been so stark.

sloshed
4th August 2006, 07:34 PM
Hola folks... after months of hibernation in the columbian oil fields.. I am back to civilisation...looks like i have missed a lot of things.....arguements...and FACTS (??) ...
pleasant suprise SOK is relaeased just when I am back.....

First look at this one .....

New york Nagaram ... will the song of this year..... cant seem to get over it.... ARR is furst class..... gave me a hangover of someother number.. but its ARR singing .. so it has to be magic.... and yes it is a magical number..... top class stuff....

Munbe Vaa .... the much hyped number .. (by ARR!! suprisingly) is beautiful... but maybe the hype around the number was too much .. that it cant be called amazing. I personally feel that Shreya killed the song with her tamil killing..... good .. but could have been better with another singer... melodius tune...nevertherless...
Anthem for the Youth ???? - wonder who coined this phrase ....

SOK -- nuthing much to rave about except for the Jazzy feel.....

As for the rest of the songs... allow me to use the term Maddy had used for the rest of the songs of Ghajni ...(like Rangola,x-machi, rahatulla ) ... pathetic.......!!!

Just doesnt appeal on a few hearings.. maybe if hammered day in and day out on loops maybe it will.... Mundane numbers... hangover from Ah Ah/godfather I believe... though the sound engineering/orchestration is terrific in these songs.. there is jus no appeal .. esp one song is totally like the thaluvuthu song from Ah ah ....

I was told right from the inception that this movie has melodius numbers... other then New york and Munbe Vaa .. i cant find any...
As for as the movie success.. the promo looks good.. but othe than Vadivel... there is nuthing for the B & C centres... music will be totally alien to them ...

my two cents....

A.ANAND
4th August 2006, 08:06 PM

ir-rajni..watta combo..why do u laugh man...u havent heard "podhuvaga en manasu thangam","kadhalin deepamondru","rakamma kaiya thatu" etc?..bbroooooa...baba..cinema cinema :lol:UNNMAIYA SONNA SILANERAM KASAKKATHAN SEIYUM :lol: :lol: :lol:

stone cold
4th August 2006, 08:18 PM
letz dicuss JOK songs guys.....pls not another arr-ir comparison. :(
enjoy the songs guys..songs rocks!! :D

kb
4th August 2006, 08:32 PM

"Avalukena ambasamudhram aiyar hotel alwaa maadhiri thaazhamboovena thaLa thaLa thaLa vena vandhaa vandhaa paaru"

and

"Avanukena aalwarkurichi azhagu thevadhai "..........." maadhiri burma thekkena thaka thaka thaka vena vandhaan paaru"

Any guesses about the gender for each of these descriptions...note the use of 'vandhaa' in the first and 'vandhaan' in the 2nd!!

Karthik

second line is
avarukkenna aalwarkurichi .... thevaru aruva maathiri burma thekkenna pala pala palavena vanthaan paaru

its thevaru not thevadhai..

vijayr
4th August 2006, 08:38 PM
Except for Machakkaari and Maaricham I listened to all other songs atleast thrice. New York Nagaram is my pick and is a definite standout. I read somewhere that its being picturized in swiss alps(?!!) and not in Newyork nagaram. Hope the news is wrong. The song evokes instant visual imagery and I imagined Surya sitting in a room on one of the top floors of a New york skyscraper all by himself with candles around, while the camera hovers around him in circles slowly zooming out as it captures his loneliness. Thats just my imagination. It would be great for this song.
But I am pretty sure the picturization is bound to be a slight letdown.
(The trailer wasnt all that exciting)
They should outsource songs like these to Manirathnam, he could be a guest director for just songs like these. Rahman has maintained a trance-like feel throughout the song, combining with 80s synth pop sounds in the interludes. Someone here mentioned Police/Sting - which could be partially true. I loved the guitar chords accompanying Rahman's voice in the pallavi -simple yet effective

Munbe vaa- opening notes resemble "kaadhal kasakkudhaiyya"(IR's aaN paavam) but this one is entirely different. I have mixed feelings about the chorus, need a few listenings to see if makes sense. Shreya ghosal is a welcome choice once again. I thought the song loses a little bit of steam in the charanams but still better than some of Rahman's recent melodies.

As for other song, Jillendru oru kaadhal is good, though perhaps not completely innovative as we have heard Jazz from Rahman before. But a refreshing choice for a title song. Gummi adi is fairly catchy but once again the malluish flavor and rhythm/sandams in that song reminds me of past ARR songs which have such features.

Overall, definitely better than Godfather or Aah Aaaah, but doesnt quite belong in the same shelf as say Kandukonden Kandukonden or RDB, of course IMO.
Hope Rahman continues to get films in Tamil that inspire him as much as his HFM projects. Let him stay away from douche bags like KSR/SJS

PS: The comparisons to Vettaiyaadu ViLayaadu(which was a bunch of nursery rhymes put together in the name of melody) or Ghajni are laughable at best. Innovation and Harris Jayaraj seldom belong in the same line

svaisn
4th August 2006, 08:49 PM
Vijay r

That was indeed a gr8 comment on VV.... I appreciate ;-)

Nerd
4th August 2006, 08:51 PM

MinnalE was a very good album - agreed :)

KK ?? Do you still listen to oru uuril/thoothu varumaa ?? Even kalaabak kaathalan was mediocre when compared with vasiigaraa !!

VV ?? You gotta be kidding me.. except paarththa mudhal naaLE (though copied) and may be vennilavE the other songs are trash !!

GF ?? Yes all the songs are good and none of them is mindblowing, IMO

Ah Aah ?? anbE aaruyirE was awesome until I saw SJS dancing to the tune :banghead: mayiliragE is still very good !!

RDB ?? THE best of ARR in recent times.. Agreed !!

Now coming to SOK - New york nagaramE is out of the world.. munbE vaa is excellent.. Jillunu is pretty good.. other songs arent special.. but common u cant expect all the 7 songs to be awesome in an album. If that is the case there are only few ARR albums.. very few YSR albums.. and NO HJ albums..

great
4th August 2006, 09:32 PM
Now coming to SOK - New york nagaramE is out of the world.. munbE vaa is excellent.. Jillunu is pretty good.. other songs arent special.. but common u cant expect all the 7 songs to be awesome in an album. If that is the case there are only few ARR albums.. very few YSR albums.. and NO HJ albums..

Nerd point is only the above 2 songs are pretty decent plus the title track rest are not so good . If you look his recent hindi movies likeRDB, Water, Rising , Bose , kisna.... songs were mindblowing director has extracted good tunes out of ARR but its not the case with our director :banghead: sparring few directors.

Its Natural ARR album bound to have higher expectation and this album as whole is not that good ,quoting this album (whole) as out of the world would be a big joke.

inetk
4th August 2006, 09:46 PM
vijayr:

>> Someone here mentioned Police/Sting - which could be partially true.

That was in my review! I was in fact trying to find out what made me think so....one explanation could be that I was reminded of the structure of 'Englishman in Newyork'...even though, despite being obvious, the words New York in both songs struck me much later!

lancelot
4th August 2006, 09:46 PM
Nerd point is only the above 2 songs are pretty decent plus the title track rest are not so good . If you look his recent hindi movies likeRDB, Water, Rising , Bose , kisna.... songs were mindblowing director has extracted good tunes out of ARR but its not the case with our director :banghead: sparring few directors.

Its Natural ARR album bound to have higher expectation and this album as whole is not that good ,quoting this album (whole) as out of the world would be a big joke.

well... am hard core ARR fan. an it's hard for me to agree with this. but it's true.

Newyork, Munbe Vaa, Jillunu Oru Kadhal are the picks of the album.
Kummi Adi and Maaza Maaza are ok tracks for me.

but i would NOT rate this as one of ARRs best.
i want a Kandukondain or an Alaipayuthey or a kathal Desam
havent got one in a long time.

but ill say it loude and clear.. the MASTER IS BACK.
move an give him room

hehe

Djpak
5th August 2006, 12:01 AM

well... am hard core ARR fan. an it's hard for me to agree with this. but it's true.

Newyork, Munbe Vaa, Jillunu Oru Kadhal are the picks of the album.
Kummi Adi and Maaza Maaza are ok tracks for me.

but i would NOT rate this as one of ARRs best.
i want a Kandukondain or an Alaipayuthey or a kathal Desam
havent got one in a long time.

but ill say it loude and clear.. the MASTER IS BACK.
move an give him room

hehe

Yeah it's not arr fans but all music lovers, love this album because
of we have miss ARR in long time and we were tired of hearing ysr non power albums and
the other misc. mds' :?
HJ give us VV - acceptable :)

MADDY
5th August 2006, 01:33 AM

SOK is a good album...4 out of 7 is a pretty decent number........arr fans' reaction is something u cant control......we are getting a tamil album from master after 1 yr and u cant xpect us to accept this as a mediocre/poor album......and y shuld we if we like it???

adhu eppadingo - u have gud directors in tamil?? adhu evanya enakku theriyama???? tell me one director from tamil who has not taken a movie with the foll. storylines in the past 5 yrs??
1. rowdy has a girlfriend and changes for her
2. young man challenges a big rowdy group and defeats him

Tamil film is going down the drains.......moreover, there is no director like raykesh mehra in Hindi as well........he is someone special........moreover, Mani is no more a Tamil director FYKI if u wanna argue with his name......he is a bollywood director now... 8-) .......naa rahmanukku nenachadhu Mani pannitaru.......hats off mani sir.....

i dunno, wat more songs ppl. can xpect for a ordinary romantic subject???

Music4Ever
5th August 2006, 05:22 AM
What is it that I hear about New York Nagaram (NYN) reminding IR's malai koyil vAsalilE? I have listened to both and I DON'T feel so.

Rahman has fashioned this particular number along the lines of other great songs in NinathalE Inikkum and Punnagai Mannan. The mood is somewhat similar to three or four songs in NinaithalE Inikkum and the song Enna saththam indha nEram in Punnagai Mannan.

However, this particular Rahman number is simply breathtaking. I just did not have the stomach to listen to any other song in SOK after listening to NYN. We should have anticipated such a number given the subject matter of the movie and his recent Roo ba Roo from RDB, a fabulously stylish number. Rahman simply rocks in NYN. The other songs appear as standard fare after the high of NYN. Maybe Munbe vA would get plenty of airtime and is also a good one. But nothing close to NYN IMO. I was simply sitting staring at the console enjoying the song and letting out ooh's and aah's. If I didn't make it clear already, a lovely lovely number :D

The whole album is kind of a letdown, IMO. It is certainly not Rahman's best, although it contains one of Rahman's ever best song. Indeed, Rahman should be discouraged from giving numbers such as Majaa, Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu, Gubu gubu Raathiri etc. Such type of songs led to the downfall of the King IR when he composed them during Rahman's debut years (e.g. velandi muniyandi vettiya kattungada). With such numbers Harris has the potential to pass him in the stylish number stakes. Beware, Rahman.

sloshed
5th August 2006, 06:29 AM
M4E,
I quite agree with you .. NYN ... is simply breathtaking..thats is why I am not overall dissapointed with the album.. I just can listen to this song.. over and over again.. I just dont want this song to end.....

IMO.. this song should be the anthem for the youth...Munbe vaa as u said will get the max air time.. and this classic might be lost like "Velai Pookal" ....
Nevertherless.... NYN... is the best from Rahman since..... i dont know.. maybe after dil se ...

Hats off ....

rayan36
5th August 2006, 09:20 AM
Rahman should be discouraged from giving numbers such as Majaa, Thazhuvudhu Nazhuvudhu, Gubu gubu Raathiri etc. Such type of songs led to the downfall of the King IR when he composed them during Rahman's debut years (e.g. velandi muniyandi vettiya kattungada). With such numbers Harris has the potential to pass him in the stylish number stakes. Beware, Rahman.

TRULY agree on that :D

ArulprakasH
5th August 2006, 11:41 AM
But ARR still show some differneces in thiese type of songs.

A.ANAND
5th August 2006, 12:11 PM

SOK is a good album...4 out of 7 is a pretty decent number........arr fans' reaction is something u cant control......we are getting a tamil album from master after 1 yr and u cant xpect us to accept this as a mediocre/poor album......and y shuld we if we like it???

adhu eppadingo - u have gud directors in tamil?? adhu evanya enakku theriyama???? tell me one director from tamil who has not taken a movie with the foll. storylines in the past 5 yrs??

Tamil film is going down the drains.......moreover, there is no director like raykesh mehra in Hindi as well........he is someone special........moreover, Mani is no more a Tamil director FYKI if u wanna argue with his name......he is a bollywood director now... 8-) .......naa rahmanukku nenachadhu Mani pannitaru.......hats off mani sir.....

i dunno, wat more songs ppl. can xpect for a ordinary romantic subject???NALLA SONNINGA SIR :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
5th August 2006, 12:37 PM
New York Nagaram is my pick and is a definite standout. I read somewhere that its being picturized in swiss alps(?!!) and not in Newyork nagaram. Hope the news is wrong. The song evokes instant visual imagery and I imagined Surya sitting in a room on one of the top floors of a New york skyscraper all by himself with candles around, while the camera hovers around him in circles slowly zooming out as it captures his loneliness. Thats just my imagination. It would be great for this song.
But I am pretty sure the picturization is bound to be a slight letdown.
(The trailer wasnt all that exciting)

Exactly! this is the greatest Song of ARR in recent times. It provokes instant visual imagery. Though mine was similar to you. I was imagining Surya walking down slowly along the skylit streets of newyork. while song is being played in the background. The tall skyscrappers making the a man feel miniscule ufff.... i can just keep imagining much more than this.It isperfectly sinking with the night effect and loneliness of a lost man. The sax/trumpet following us all along the song is awesome and reminds me of 'Mandram vantha' :)
The song has much potential to be picturised along some backwaters, lonely streets.
And Iam worried about what you wrote that its being picturieg in swiss alps :cry: F**k these directors who cant get even and do justice to such outstanding spellbounding classy numbers.
Well this one song is enough for me to buy this album now. I would love to hear this alone during night :musicsmile:

Ramakrishna
5th August 2006, 01:07 PM
Kummi adi, Munbe Vaa and New york are the best.

But Munbe Vaa Is the best song of the year.

Ramakrishna
5th August 2006, 01:13 PM
Title song is also too good.

Now i have started liking four songs

Ramakrishna
5th August 2006, 01:30 PM
Has any audio launch function taken place?

great
5th August 2006, 01:42 PM

SO you mean to say if he releases a album one in a year or two we should should accept this as out of the world album. Dude have i ever said that i am gonna control ARR fans emotion/demotion/reactions , one more thing get it straight thats my opinio to say whether what i felt about the album. Have i pressurised you to accept my views or have asked ur fellow ARR fans to go with my views. Dont get emotional :swinghead:

adhu eppadingo - u have gud directors in tamil?? adhu evanya enakku theriyama????
Why each and every tamil directors come to your place for getting your views is it :roll: ???? IF so sorry i am ignorant of the fact :oops:

tell me one director from tamil who has not taken a movie with the foll. storylines in the past 5 yrs??

Selvaragan
Sethu dir by Bala
Ramana by A.R.Murugadoss
Mounam Pesiyathe,Ram dir by Ameer
Anbe sivam,Virumandi By KH
Ayudha ezhuthu, Kannathi Muthamittal MR
Kakkha kakkha by Gowtham Menon
Thavamai Thavamirunthu and Autograph ithellam padam mathiri ungalukku theriyalaya :huh:

Tamil film is going down the drains.......moreover, there is no director like raykesh mehra in Hindi as well........he is someone special........

:shock: ayyo ayyo !!! I am rolling over the floor . who is Rakesh Mehra , he has just done 2 films one is AKS and other one is RDB dont raise him to semi god status wait for few more movie :roll:

You got a very good flow in comedy :thumbsup:

One more thing Tami industry is catering to a very meagre ppln compared to Northies where the market is wide open.

moreover, Mani is no more a Tamil director FYKI if u wanna argue with his name......he is a bollywood director now... 8-) .......naa rahmanukku nenachadhu Mani pannitaru.......hats off mani sir.....

From when Mani is not a tamil director ????

Could you plz clarify me . just bcoz he is making Guru does that mean he has quit directing tamil movies or has he personally told that he will not direct tamil movies :confused2:

Your point is like... just bcoz you go to US on vacation for a month does that mean u are US citizen :rotfl: :roll: :?

great
5th August 2006, 01:44 PM
NALLA SONNINGA SIR :thumbsup:

Ungal sevvai intha naatukku thevai :notworthy:

A.ANAND
5th August 2006, 03:48 PM
ingga engga malaysia local radio stationla rombaaaaaaaaa hotta poikittu irukku jok songs..innum jok songs la irunthu milaa mudiyala ennala.my rating s.o.k
1.KUMMI ADI-7/10
2.MACCAKARI-10/10
3.MARICAM-10/10
4.JILLENNU-8/10
5.ANBE VA-12/10
6.NEW YORK -10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 00000000000000

selvakumar
5th August 2006, 03:55 PM
Your point is like... just bcoz you go to US on vacation for a month does that mean u are US citizen :rotfl: :roll:

Great machi ! ( :rotfl: :lol: LMAO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ) :lol:

A.ANAND
5th August 2006, 04:03 PM
NALLA SONNINGA SIR :thumbsup:

Ungal sevvai intha naatukku thevai :notworthy:mr.great,naanum jok audio release anathilirunthu intha treadla unngaloda athikkam than romba[imsai arasan 09 parathesi]peru vecchikunga :lol: :lol: ippa inna solla varinnga ??s.o.k big letdown innu sollanumma.naan sollaren sir 'SILLENU ORU KATHAL IS BIG LETDOWN IN ARR'S HISTORY'pothuma great sir.poi nimamathiya vala meenu songs kettukitu thungunga :lol: :lol:

MADDY
5th August 2006, 04:36 PM
SO you mean to say if he releases a album one in a year or two we should should accept this as out of the world album.

fair enuf......i cant xpect everyone to like SOK........and i didnt say it was out of the world but i felt it didnt deserve the bad reviews it is getting.........

Selvaragan - pudhupettai is a rowdy story
Sethu dir by Bala - was infact the start of this trend
Ramana by A.R.Murugadoss - look at my question again, he has made dheena.......
Mounam Pesiyathe,Ram dir by Ameer - mounam pesiyadhe is again abt rowdies isnt it?
Anbe sivam,Virumandi By KH - i dont qualify to speak abt Kamal....
Ayudha ezhuthu, Kannathi Muthamittal MR - FYI mani is doing another hindi film after Guru........which will mean last tamil movie he did was AE in 2004.....i didnt know someone can take a vacation for more than 4 yrs.........and he personally has said that he doesnt want to work in tamil........
Kakkha kakkha by Gowtham Menon - agreed
Thavamai Thavamirunthu and Autograph - agreed....

:shock: ayyo ayyo !!! I am rolling over the floor . who is Rakesh Mehra , he has just done 2 films one is AKS and other one is RDB dont raise him to semi god status wait for few more movie :roll:

can i say the same abt Gautam menon,bala,ameer who all had a huge flop out of the movies they have made......

You got a very good flow in comedy :thumbsup:

if u dont want to accept someone's view then u ridicule it by calling it comedy?? no probs man, comedy makes sense sometimes......

great, i accept that SOK is mediocre from ur point of view.... :D ....i think we can close our arguements..........

great
5th August 2006, 04:37 PM
mr.great,naanum jok audio release anathilirunthu intha treadla unngaloda athikkam than romba[imsai arasan 09 parathesi]peru vecchikunga :lol: :lol:

I thought of having that name But i heard you are the owner of that so called name "imsai arasan 99 parathesi" , when i want my name to be changed i would defn consult you for u service :x

Dude dont think you are smark cookie even i can go on saying parthesi etc etc watch out

great
5th August 2006, 04:40 PM
mr.great,naanum jok audio release anathilirunthu intha treadla unngaloda athikkam than romba[imsai arasan 09 parathesi]peru vecchikunga :lol: :lol:

I thought of having that name But i heard you are the owner of that so called name "imsai arasan 99 parathesi" , when i want my name to be changed i would defn consult you for u service :x

Dude dont think you are smark cookie even i can go on saying parthesi etc etc watch out

great
5th August 2006, 04:47 PM
great, i accept that SOK is mediocre from ur point of view.... :D ....i think we can close our arguements..........

Fair enough even i dont like to argue further regarding other directors.. Will wait for better products from the master :thumbsup:

Renault
5th August 2006, 05:03 PM
So, what's the verdict folks.. has Rahman made the much needed comeback with SOK or dies it sound otherwise..

Haven't listened to the songs yet. by the look of this thread, i presume rahman has either made a strong comeback or arr fans or over hyping the album..

but I have strong confidence in Surya, he is not a fool to go to rahman for mediocre songs for his first home production... might as well gone to Harris for a Ghajini type album. So surha must have ensured that rahman better deliver for him.

music man
5th August 2006, 05:45 PM
[tscii:181409768d]JILLUNU ORU KADHAL

1) Kummi Adi: Dr. Siva Chidambaram , Swarnalatha, Naresh Iyer, Theni Kunjarammal, Vignesh
This is the first song in the album. A very energetic number, Rahman starts with his favorite Thavil/nadhaswaram and rustic folkish beats. It’s very clear that this song is aimed at the front benchers. It has that usual Rahmanish touch to it. Melody is interwoven throughout the song. Nice rendition by the younger folks and Dr. Siva Chidambaram and Swarnalatha add beauty to this folk number. A superb number in Rahman’s unique inimitable style. Lyrics are very interesting and add strength to the song. Rating: 8/10

2) Munbe Vaa: Shreya Ghoshal, Naresh Iyer
It’s a very beautiful romantic number from the Mozart of Asia. Starts off with a simple santoor like prelude with an effective bass guitar and an electric piano, this song is a typical Rahman number with effective string section and synth section. That Rangoli chorus is used to good effect. But this song definitely slips low in charanams and loses steam. But again the lively rendition of Naresh and Shreya and the orchestration lifts the song to great scales. A beautiful semi classical number… Barring the lows in charanams part, this song is a class of its own. This song is sure to rule the charts.
No surprise Rahman himself said this song is going to be the anthem of youth… Rating: 9.5/10

3) Maaza Maaza: SPB. Charan, Shreya Ghoshal
A shocker of sorts from Rahman. No Rahman fan or an average fan would enjoy this kind of number. The worrying factor is they had wasted a beautiful tune for this sensual number. Superb punch beats, mild strings throughout the song accompanied by bass guitar and khatams and beautiful synths throughout the song lend dignity to the song. Is this SPB Saran? He sounds so mature and expressive and sounds like SPB. There is nothing to rave about this number. Rahman should refrain from composing these kinds of songs. Rating: 6/10

4) Machakari: Shankar Mahadevan, Vasundhra Das
This song starts beautifully but it some how gave a déjà vu feeling after listening to its prelude.
Through out this album, Rahman has experimented to the extent possible but is this necessary? Different interludes with synth bass at higher octaves, this song is very different but could have been better if the percussion in the middle portion of the song were reduced. Shankar Mahadevan had given his best and Vasundra Das sings after a long time for Rahman. This is a good number but could have been better. Rating: 7/10

5) New York: A.R. Rahman
One word to describe this song- “WOW”.. What a song? No words to describe this song…One of the best songs this year has produced. With Rahman himself rendering the vocals, this song is the pick of the album. Classic humming portions by the wizard himself, this song proves one thing to everyone. The wizard is still in form. In this song he brings Kenny G and the beautiful country/pop style of 70’s to life… Pure experimentation that only people like Rahman dare to attempt… This song if picturised properly will rule the charts for long. Great interludes accompanied with guitar strumming throughout and great beats with the gorgeous saxophone and church bells further add strength to the song… The master of techno melodies is back Rating: 10/10

5) Maaricham: Carolisa, Mohamad Aslam, Krishna
This is yet another techno track. Impressive vocals by Carolisa, Mohamad Aslam and Krishna… This song belongs to the Bailamore kind of genre. Carolisa reminds Dominique in several aspects as she shifts to higher octaves with ease. Innovative music and some unconventional interludes rule the song. Synth explosion effects and synth slap guitar loops rule the song. The male singer reminds Unni Menon and he renders this song beautifully. Again a lot of experimentation and this song has every thing in it to become a huge hit. It’s a huge disappointment when some one said that this song is not in the movie. Hope it comes in parts because this is a power packed song and one hope it gets its due. Rating: 9/10

6) Jillendru Oru Kadhal: Tanvi
This is the second best song in the album. Rahman has experimented with Jazz again after his earlier experimentations in his musical hit “Iruvar”. The song starts off with saxophone/ trumpet and proceeds throughout with slide guitars, double bass and has that every element of Jazz interspersed with pianos and this is a energy packed fun song… But that mellowing of cat sound could have been avoided. A beautiful song in Jazz style and one hopes this song becomes a huge hit. Tanvi had rendered this song superbly. Her flawed pronunciation sometimes adds as an asset to this song. The song starts of well and ends well… Pure Jazz bliss… Rating: 10/10

Comments:
Though not Rahman’s best, this album is one of the best albums in this year. Experimentation rules the roost and it proves to be the pros and cons of this album. Rahman should never compose songs like Mazza. 4 songs are sure hits and the rest are just above ordinary.
A must buy for any music fan.
Comments welcome!!!!

[/tscii:181409768d]

MADDY
5th August 2006, 06:01 PM
So surha must have ensured that rahman better deliver for him.

how, bala style??? :lol:

kuyile puduchi koondil adaithu koova sollugira ulagam.... :lol:

u exactly wrote my mind Music man.......not the gr8est but not the average ones also.....this album is somewhere in between A Ah and RDB IMO........

Sanjeevi
5th August 2006, 06:51 PM
After hearing samples i thought Munbae vaa is the best. Now 'Newyork Nagaram' is on the top spot.

Munbae vaa has IR flavours especially in saranam part (the rhythm, tune and the violine). And

Newyork Nagaram is the best one at recent times ofcourse we can sit this song on the same row in which "Oru naalil" of PP sit. IMO, the way ending saranam part of Newyork song is same as IR's darling darling (Priya). Anybody think the same? :roll:

Sanjeevi
5th August 2006, 06:59 PM
by the look of this thread, i presume rahman has either made a strong comeback

When taking two songs it is true

or arr fans or over hyping the album..

Whent aking the album it is true.

Sila ARR fans nalla comedy bannuranga :rotfl:

dinesh2002
5th August 2006, 07:42 PM
My Favs in SOK [According from most fav to least fav]

1.Munbe Va
2.Kummi Adi
3.Machakari
4.Jillinu Oru Kadhal
5.Majja Majja
6.Maaricham
7.New York

for me,the fact i know that ARR sang New York,but seriously,i dun find any speciality in that song.... :huh: it sounds common to me..duno y... :idontgetit: i feel Munbe Vaa,KUmmi Adi & Machakari will really create magic.... :yes:

vasanth2006
5th August 2006, 08:28 PM
Guys,

I am not yet heared the whole songs. I heared the samples only.

according to samples,

My Fav list (in the order)

1) munbe Vaa ---- superb tune. mesmerizing one. really good one. definitely the tune has IR style. my pick of the album. (may be because of raja style)

2) Machakari --- very excellent catchy tune. this one will reach the mass easily. i didnt see any ARR fan discussed this song. but this one has very good attraction.

3)New York Nagaram --- typical ARR melody. (same like "vellai pookkal" in KM). good one. this one may overtake "munbe vaa" after hearing full song. but success of this song depends on the movie success. because u know the hit status of vellai pookkal.

dislike List

i dont like other songs. maza, kummi adi, maricham are pretty ordinary songs. even below average IMHO. these songs might be hit because of picturisation. title song reminds 60's jazz.(MSV style)
i dont like MSV style of music. so i didnt like. maza maza is definitely rehash of "thazhuvuthu nazhuvuthu". i already irritated with "thazhuvuthu nazhuvuthu".

These impression happened with samples. after hearing of full album, i will post.

Totally 3 good songs out of 7. so once again ARR is depending on the movie success IMHO. ( i am saying after 2000/2001). they are going to have only 5 songs in movie. that is good sign. because the ratio will be 3/5.

(mmm.... oru kadhalan, minsara kanavu, rhythm mathiriyana complete musical films ARRkitta irunthu eppa varum?.recently RDB,boys. appadi vanthathan TFMla ippa competitive panna mudiyum. neenga enna sonnalum current TFM scene vera. ARRdo fan base and popularity is the + point for ARR.lets hope for SOK's BO success and the ever BIG sivaji.)

ezy0265
5th August 2006, 08:56 PM
Dear Friends,

ARR fans or not, we must agree that 3 songs are super. Namely for me New York, Munbe Vaa and Macchakari. I also like Majja Majja very much even though it is same stlye as Thazhuvuthu from Ah Ahh.
The rest are just too ordinary (or craps!)to be ARR standard. KUmi songs sounds like some KR song from Dum Dum Dum. He is also showing strain in getting the tune/melody out as he used to even in songs like Macchakari where the verses tune becomes too flat to keep up with the songs starting melody.
Also I donno if anyone noticed New York has strange similarities to Alai Alai from Planet Galatta. Please listen to both.
But apart from the irritating fact that some fans are crooning as if the album of the year has been released, very sad to see ARR fans actually dieing to hear a good ARR standard album for too long. The sad truth is it is not SOK, perhaps they will hype and try to create an illusion as if it is the case. And please stop comparing with other good albums of YSR or HJ and get the response even stronger from neutrals and fans of other MDs.

SOK is a good album but not great.

villan007
5th August 2006, 09:15 PM
Mounam Pesiyathe,Ram dir by Ameer - mounam pesiyadhe is again abt rowdies isnt it?

appadiya ? :roll: .... Ellarum love stroy nu pesikraangale :roll:

Oru fight iruntha Rowdy padama... :rotfl:

villan007
5th August 2006, 09:20 PM
ARR fans or not, we must agree that 3 songs are super. Namely for me New York, Munbe Vaa and Macchakari..

. :exactly: .....

Kinda hooked on to newyork and munbe vaa :musicsmile:

thineshan54321
5th August 2006, 10:13 PM
And please stop comparing with other good albums of YSR or HJ and get the response even stronger from neutrals and fans of other MDs.

Tell me one thing. Can YSR or HJ create any song thats even close to New York or Munbe Vaa? Think before you say something. Lets leave the best out of the way. Can they even create a song thats even close to Maaricham or Kummi Adi (the ones that u claim as craps)?

All YSR does is use the same precussions over and over again and copy tunes from the great Illayarajah. Lets not forget his classic remixes! Anyone can remix a song and I bet you the assitant of Himmesh Reshamaiya is better than YSR at remixes. You can visit Itwofs and check out how many songs YSR directly copied, note for note. Most songs from kadhal kondein is copied.

Harris Jeyaraj is the greatest composer of all times :lol:, look at his wonderful tunes :shock: in many of his movies that are copied directly from Rahman. Even the theme music of anniyan is copied from a jesus movie, you can check this in itwofs too.

We (I) dont accept all that Rahman does. Infact I didnt like Godfather and when people criticized it I kept quiet because I agreed with them. But when u talk about SOK, I cannot accept. How can you say this album is not better than any other album in the past few years?

I am really sorry if this hurt any of ur feelings. I just got a bit too emotional when you guys dissed this wonderful masterpiece.

rsubras
5th August 2006, 10:39 PM
Dear Friends,

ARR fans or not, we must agree that 3 songs are super. Namely for me New York, Munbe Vaa and Macchakari. I also like Majja Majja very much even though it is same stlye as Thazhuvuthu from Ah Ahh.

It was indeed a sweet surprise that you liked it...more than the ARR fans, i would like to hear positive review (straight from the heart) from a neutral / anti guy .....

Maddy is right... JOK is above Aah aah (but still i love Aararai kodi more.. for me it is a song written for ARR..no such songs in JOK...) and below RDB.... Rang De Basanti was more fresh.... 2 songs of JOK sounds like (or atleast the mood) Ah Aah songs

thineshan54321
6th August 2006, 05:16 AM
The sad truth is it is not SOK, perhaps they will hype and try to create an illusion as if it is the case.[b]

We should say that its not SOK, even u said u liked 4 songs. Isnt that enough for us? 4/7 is a big hit. And I dont know what u find so bad about the other songs. To be honest, I didnt like those songs that u mentioned especially maaricham and JOK. I am serious, I had exact feeling about those songs as u did but later I listened to it a bit mroe and what gems they are. Trust me and go listen to them a bit more. Please do this for the good of music. I dont want you to miss out on any good stuff.
I am really sorry for my earlier post, I was in a really bad mood since my iPod battery ran out. Sorry about that, everyone forgive me. :oops: :(

dinesh2002
6th August 2006, 07:37 AM
guys who feel SOK album is average/good only.... the fact is its one of the BEST this year...im still thinking what album is AS GOOD as SOK....not even GF can be said as good as SOK....

the thing is i notice,when it comes to ARR,u guys rate it this way :

1.HJ - 1/2 songs GOOD out of 6 songs, it becomes SUPERB ALBUM.

2.YSR - 3 Songs good out of 6 songs,it becomes SUPERB ALBUM.

3.ARR - 4/5 songs good out of 6 songs,then only it becomes SUPERB ALBUM....

noticed that??? ;)... well for that fact...SOK is 5 songs is good out of 7 songs....so def its a SUPERB ALBUM!!! :twisted: [maja maja & maaricham]

MADDY
6th August 2006, 08:11 AM

noticed that??? ;)

exactly dinesh.........he is like sachin tendulkar.....they always xpect centuries out of this man......

anyways, i really thank Sanjeevi,Vasanth and ezy0265 who have come here to review this album......no album can do well with just a MD's fans.....it has to be accepted by the neutral ppl. and fans of other MDs then only it will do gud business.......

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24302.html

Suriya-Jo to wed on September 11

Avalukenna ambasamudharam aiyar hotel halva madhiri thazhampoovena thala thalavena vandha vandha paru

Avanukenna aalwar kurichi azhagu thevar aruvaa madhiri burma thekkena pala palavena vandha paru.....

romba sokanadhu indha sodinnnudhan andha aathadhan serthuputta

man, this surya guy is the luckiest guy in the world IMO, he has got ARR composing a song for his marriage :lol: ......

btw, (i know it may sound crude but for me ARR is important), what would be the business impact of this marriage on SOK's BO fate?

MADDY
6th August 2006, 08:18 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24050.html

they say marriage'll have a positive impact........

yes really, nowadays girls dont mind ogling at maried guys... :lol: ......illena SRK and Aamir culdnt have ruled Bollywood for 15 yrs....... :lol:

lancelot
6th August 2006, 11:13 AM
does anyone know from where i can get the lyrics????

hehe

rayan36
6th August 2006, 11:51 AM
[quote="dinesh2002"]

quote]

yeah i realized it to :( dunno why......back in the 80's, IR got so many movies in one year BUT that doesn't make ALL of the songs are good in ALL of his movies no offence IR fans just making a statement(i'm A fan too) but his fan's still like's his music. We should app ARR the same way despite ONLY getting a couple of release's each year. He did the Maaja Maaja song because the movie/story needs that kind of kinky song same as Thazhudu (Ah Ahh) or Aiyaiyo Kanava (Rangeela - a hit album) IR had done so many movies which have that kind of genre of song......to name one nethu rathiri / Nila kaiyuthu from SV(hit movie/ song) u don't see the fans complaining........So STOP critisizing our ARR

great
6th August 2006, 12:12 PM

Nobody here said HJ / YSR is better and who started the comparison stating jelousy and who brought in IR over here which is irrelevant to the topic . The comparison was basically done on ARR previous work not with any other MD directors.

Period

nilavupriyan
6th August 2006, 12:14 PM
as arr is doing limited movies..everyone expect him to deliver a great album always...thats the point!...he doesnt do 3 or 4 albums per month like ilayaraja!

Djpak
6th August 2006, 12:23 PM

Some IR fans are so jealous :oops:
SOK songs is better then all recent albums from IR

rayan36
6th August 2006, 12:32 PM
as arr is doing limited movies..everyone expect him to deliver a great album always...thats the point!...he doesnt do 3 or 4 albums per month like ilayaraja!

U got a point there Nilavu BUT i don't think they should critise about Maaja Maaja :wink: despite its lyrics and the music of the song

MADDY
6th August 2006, 02:59 PM
guys guys lets wait for public verdict............hub is not the final word........reviews on web have come gud for this album and bad from hub here but lets wait for public reaction......it is more important and trust me guys once this movie becomes a hit then these same mediocre songs will be considered chart busters and song of year/decade etc etc........

nilavupriyan
6th August 2006, 03:15 PM
maddy...normally arr songs will be hit eventhough the movie is hit or not!

thats the reason to say..its not his great album!..do u remember the boys craze even before trhe release!

rayan36
6th August 2006, 03:45 PM
Sillunu Oru Kaadhal - Cool and lovable
IndiaGlitz [Monday, July 31, 2006]

You cannot keep a good thing bottled up for long. A R Rahman's Sillunu Oru Kaadhal is a good example.

The master of techno-orchestration and stylized melodies has shown fine form.

Rahman has used few fresh voices besides himself rendering a number with aplomb.

The thing about Rahman is his feel for lilt and rhythm. You get that in ample measure in Sillunu Oru Kaadhal.

Kummi Adi (Dr Siva Chidambaran, Swarnalatha, Naresh Iyer, Theni Kunjarammal, Vignesh)

A perfect beginning. Rahman lofts the first ball of the over for a huge six. Peppy beats and racy rhythms combined with open throated voice of Sirkazhi Siva Chidambaram make it a song worth listening to. Swarnalatha provides the soft touch. Mass number from the master. Quite typical to his style, Rahman has tried to give a westernized feel to the song. His expertise in mixing comes to light in this number.

Munbe Vaa (Shreya Ghoshal, Naresh Iyer)

Beginning with husky voice of Shreya Ghoshal, the song has minimal instrumentation and Rahman lets the romantic lyric do the talking. Steps in Naresh Iyer with his gentle voice. The combination is ethereal. Again vintage stuff. Provides the feel of sitting alone and enjoying a wet December morning. It touches the heart straightaway. Hats off, Rahman.

Maaza Maaza (SPB Charan, Shreya Ghoshal)

Yet another melody from Rahman. Dealing about the pangs of love, the song has heavy instruments but exudes a soft and stylized sound, thanks to Rahman's intelligent mix. With music and lyric going hand in hand, this number is worth listening to. The gentle voice of SPB Charan seamlessly mixes with Shreya Ghosal's soft voice and leaves a great feel for the audience. Rahman deserves praise for choosing the right combo to render this song which is filled with youthful exuberance.

Machakari (Shankar Mahadevan, Vasundhra Das)

A racy number with a western touch to it. Vasundhara Das begins with style while the ever-energetic Shankar Mahadevan sings within himself. The peppy beats and the good use of percussion instruments are the impressively striking features. Rahman is at a comfort zone when scoring music for such numbers. The quick change of rhythms is done in an excellent manner without affecting the momentum of the song.

New York (A R Rahman)

A song with weighted rhythms with Rahman himself at the helm. The song has a catchy ditty and an agreeable melody with western touch and soft lyrics. Rahman is on a good wicket and delivers a winner. The instrumentation, typically Rahmanesque, is splendid and the catchy rhythm stays with you right through. The singer in Rahman is equally impressive.

Maaricham (Carolisa, Mohammad Aslam, Krishna)

A brisk and a high-pitched effort, with Caroilsa touching the higher octaves quite easily. The guitar and the drums give the song a perfect lift. Giving her good company are Mohammad Aslam and Krishna. Watch out for Carolisa. The beats, and the rhythms accompany the lyrics well in this number. Rahman's good orchestration gives the song a special and singular identity.

Jillunu Oru Kaadal (Tanvil)

The title song of the album. Pick of the album for Rahman has taken enough care to ensure that it strikes the listeners. Vaali's touching lyrics combined with a groovy music are noteworthy. The song seemingly influenced by Jazz has Tanvil rendering it with rare felicity and feel. The chorus is very catchy and Rahman seems to have given a lot of thought behind the song for its the flesh and blood of the album, being the title song. No doubt it sticks to the hearts on the first listening itself.

Say it loud and clear: The master is back

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/musicreview/7827.html

vasanth2006
6th August 2006, 04:07 PM
Tell me one thing. Can YSR or HJ create any song thats even close to New York or Munbe Vaa? Think before you say something. Lets leave the best out of the way. Can they even create a song thats even close to Maaricham or Kummi Adi (the ones that u claim as craps)?

All YSR does is use the same precussions over and over again and copy tunes from the great Illayarajah. Lets not forget his classic remixes! Anyone can remix a song and I bet you the assitant of Himmesh Reshamaiya is better than YSR at remixes. You can visit Itwofs and check out how many songs YSR directly copied, note for note. Most songs from kadhal kondein is copied.

this is too much.

Actually i have been avoiding discussions when comparisons or debating happened between MD's.

but this time i am unable.

1)kanda Naal Mudhal ---- panithuli panithuli

2)kanda Naal Mudhal ---- merke merke

3)kanda Naal Mudhal ---- kanda naal mudhalai

4)oru kalluriyin kadhai ---- kadhal enpadhu

5)oru kalluriyin kadhai ---- unaku entru oru pennai

6)santai kozhi ---- thavani potta

7)kalvanin kadhali --- tajmahal oviyakadhal

8)kalvanin kadhali --- Eno gangal

9)kalvanin kadhali --- uyir priyum valiyai

10)pattiyal --- kannai vittu

11)pattiyal --- ethetho ennangal

12)pudhupettai --- oru nalil vazhkai

13)AIBI --- kanave kalaikirathe

14)thimiru ---- thithikkara vayasu

15)vallavan ---- vallava ennai

16)vallavan ---- loosu penne

These songs are came in between ah ahh and SOK. i am mentioned only the melody songs. do u want me to list other Hit numbers?

dont u think these are in the calibre of 2 songs of SOK?

IMHO, Loosu penne is the best song of 2006. the one song itself will beat this total SOK Album.
opinions will differ friend. Ezy0265 told in his point of view.

u r exposing copy/inspiration as the weekness of yuvan. what is the percentage? yuvan composed more than 250 tunes, in which 10-15 songs are copied/inspired. below 5% is a very
minimal one.( i think sanjeevi told already). ARR, IR are pure? they didnt copied? ARR's tune inspirations from MSV is already
discussed many times. itwofs karthik didnt mentioned in his site regarding this.

then regarding remixes, how many songs yuvan remixed?

only 6-7 songs in his carrier.

1)asai nooru vagai --- kurumbu
2)en asai mythiliye --- manmadhan
3)thippidikka --- AA
4)koda kozhi--- KK
5)naamma kattula --- pattiyal
6)kadhal vanthuruchu --- vallavan

please note down this important point that he is doing remix only for particular directors.(vishnu,simbu). exception is Kalvanin kadhali. yuvan is the Directors MD.

i also like SOK's 3 songs. so i am not against this album. because of yuvan critics only, i want to clarify cetain things, so i posted.in this HUB, always people criticizing yuvan. yuvan is the one who gives the good and versatility music with rapid pace now. i am not saying that yuvan is the only best. but yuvan not deserves your critics. i also known that yuvan has to go long way.

if i hurt u guys, i am sorry for that.guys sorry for the diggression.

rashid2raj
6th August 2006, 04:44 PM
After hearing samples i thought Munbae vaa is the best. Now 'Newyork Nagaram' is on the top spot.

Munbae vaa has IR flavours especially in saranam part (the rhythm, tune and the violine).

Can't beleive that, whenever you like an non-IR song, you have to bring IR in, - always.. :idontgetit:

rashid2raj
6th August 2006, 04:49 PM

Some IR fans are so jealous :oops:
SOK songs is better then all recent albums from IR

IR recent aah album panninavaroo ?? :confused2: he's out of service..

coucou
6th August 2006, 05:06 PM

Munbae vaa has IR flavours especially in saranam part (the rhythm, tune and the violine).

Can't beleive that, whenever you like an non-IR song, you have to bring IR in, - always.. :idontgetit:

it's no necessary to provoke other md's fans
:x respect their reviews and point of views
some arr fans make the others md' fans to hate SOK. so please dont compare with other md's song. every md has unic style of music.

dinesh2002
6th August 2006, 05:12 PM

GOOD music for them means IR FAMILY MUSIC.... cant blame them, thier ears,mind,blood all affected by that FACT... :notworthy:

no offence vasanth, but seeriously,the only song that i can remember in ur list is Loose penne & Eno Kangal...the rest.... :confused2: though i remember other md's great love songs like Unnai Kandene,Paakathe,Nenjam Ennum vaanile,Mannile..etc etc...y i even remember hj's love songs which were very much more popular than YSR's like Sutrum Vizhi,Oru Maalai..etc etc...

sorry yaa.... YSR music after 7GR isnt strong like how it used to be.... :boo:

dinesh2002
6th August 2006, 05:14 PM
back to topic...Machakari is very very haunting... :D :D :D

A.ANAND
6th August 2006, 05:22 PM
s.o.k audio lunch fuction patti news irukka???illaya??

coucou
6th August 2006, 05:25 PM
back to topic...Machakari is very very haunting... :D :D :D

i like this song very much, i think this is a great peppy number from arr since "saragama" from boys. :D
great starting i like when vasundra das sings at 2.50 "aicho aicho ennai unnidam thandene valiyile ennai tholethaye" :musicsmile:
it becomes a hit easily if the picturations is good, (i prefer asin insted of boomika) moreover surya is so cute in this movie.

vigneshram
6th August 2006, 05:42 PM

this is too much.

Actually i have been avoiding discussions when comparisons or debating happened between MD's.

but this time i am unable.

1)kanda Naal Mudhal ---- panithuli panithuli

2)kanda Naal Mudhal ---- merke merke

3)kanda Naal Mudhal ---- kanda naal mudhalai

4)oru kalluriyin kadhai ---- kadhal enpadhu

5)oru kalluriyin kadhai ---- unaku entru oru pennai

6)santai kozhi ---- thavani potta

7)kalvanin kadhali --- tajmahal oviyakadhal

8)kalvanin kadhali --- Eno gangal

9)kalvanin kadhali --- uyir priyum valiyai

10)pattiyal --- kannai vittu

11)pattiyal --- ethetho ennangal

12)pudhupettai --- oru nalil vazhkai

13)AIBI --- kanave kalaikirathe

14)thimiru ---- thithikkara vayasu

15)vallavan ---- vallava ennai

16)vallavan ---- loosu penne

These songs are came in between ah ahh and SOK. i am mentioned only the melody songs. do u want me to list other Hit numbers?

dont u think these are in the calibre of 2 songs of SOK?

IMHO, Loosu penne is the best song of 2006. the one song itself will beat this total SOK Album.
opinions will differ friend. Ezy0265 told in his point of view.

u r exposing copy/inspiration as the weekness of yuvan. what is the percentage? yuvan composed more than 250 tunes, in which 10-15 songs are copied/inspired. below 5% is a very
minimal one.( i think sanjeevi told already). ARR, IR are pure? they didnt copied? ARR's tune inspirations from MSV is already
discussed many times. itwofs karthik didnt mentioned in his site regarding this.

then regarding remixes, how many songs yuvan remixed?

only 6-7 songs in his carrier.

1)asai nooru vagai --- kurumbu
2)en asai mythiliye --- manmadhan
3)thippidikka --- AA
4)koda kozhi--- KK
5)naamma kattula --- pattiyal
6)kadhal vanthuruchu --- vallavan

please note down this important point that he is doing remix only for particular directors.(vishnu,simbu). exception is Kalvanin kadhali. yuvan is the Directors MD.

i also like SOK's 3 songs. so i am not against this album. because of yuvan critics only, i want to clarify cetain things, so i posted.in this HUB, always people criticizing yuvan. yuvan is the one who gives the good and versatility music with rapid pace now. i am not saying that yuvan is the only best. but yuvan not deserves your critics. i also known that yuvan has to go long way.

if i hurt u guys, i am sorry for that.guys sorry for the diggression.

Kalakkal Mr.Vasanth :D :victory:
You have exactly expressed my thoughts...
Of course I am a true admirer of Rehman's compositions. But this kind of exaggerations and offending other MDs is tooooo much.
I got an original CD for 95Rs after reading all these hyped up reviews by hardcore fans of ARR. I should have just downloaded "Munbe vaa" and Newyork nagaram... :(

thineshan54321
6th August 2006, 06:53 PM
I am sorry for comparing. I kept telling myself not to, but really sorry. Hey be glad that you bought an original CD, you will appreciate it in a while. Nothing comes close to original CDs and Bose/Sony speakers.

MADDY
6th August 2006, 07:28 PM
I am sorry for comparing. I kept telling myself not to, but really sorry.

dont worry dude......this has been an unsolvable problem in this hub......YSR/HJ are unneccessarily dragged into ARR's forums, ARR is dragged unnecessarily in YSR and IR forums.......these are common here.....nobody is less here nobody is more here.......so chillax dude... :D

vigneshram and vasanth, i'm really sorry to say that YSR is being bashed up so much bcos of u YSR fans only.......if i post u how judge used to irritate us then u'll find out y we all jump on u1 at slightest oppurtunity........i really started looking at U1's weaknesses just to counter Judge.....now, sadly i can see only U1's weaknesses and can only criticise him........

i know this is wrong......but things are beyond repair now.....

thineshan54321
6th August 2006, 07:36 PM
Hey thanks maddy, that made me feel better. But still lets not compare other MDs to Rahman because Rahman is much better than other MDs, this does not include legends like IR and MSV (for me these 3 MDs are equal). Therefore his fans should also act much better than other MDs' fans.

here is SOK webstie
http://www.sillunuorukaadhal.com/
its established

rayan36
6th August 2006, 08:05 PM
Hey thanks maddy, that made me feel better. But still lets not compare other MDs to Rahman because Rahman is much better than other MDs, this does not include legends like IR and MSV (for me these 3 MDs are equal). Therefore his fans should also act much better than other MDs' fans.

here is SOK webstie
http://www.sillunuorukaadhal.com/
its established

True words Thinesh........... :yessir: count me in :yessir:

MADDY
6th August 2006, 08:31 PM
But still lets not compare other MDs to Rahman because Rahman is much better than other MDs, this does not include legends like IR and MSV (for me these 3 MDs are equal).

very true, but wat ARR is for us, YSR is for his fans..........we need to respect all d guys but appadi irukka vidu maatannunga sila silimisham pudicha dariyalgal.......

villan007
6th August 2006, 10:15 PM
Nothing comes close to original CDs and Bose/Sony speakers.

How abt mp3s ripped at 320 kbps and Altec Lansing 5.1 :wink:

J/K.... :roll:

thineshan54321
6th August 2006, 10:27 PM
Hey villain 007, isnt the audios stereo, so does it matter if you have 5.1? I have 5.1 also but its useless for stereo right? I am not too sure, please clarify. I have logitech 5.1 its awesome for DVDs

coucou
6th August 2006, 11:11 PM
[tscii:7a72352302]munbe vaa en anbe vaa
oone va uyire va
munbe vaa en anbe vaa
poo poovaai poo poovaai
naan naana? kaetten ennai naane
naan neeya? nenjam sonnathey
munbe vaa en anbe vaa
oone va uyire va
munbe vaa en anbe vaa
poo poovai poopoam vaa
rango rangoli
koalangaL nee poattaal
koalam poattavaL kaigaL vaazhi
jal jal
rango rangoli
koalangal nee poattaal
koalam poattavaL kaigaL vaazhi
sundara malligai sandhana malligai
sithira punnagai vannam intha
aaaahh ohhhh aaaah
poovaithai poovaithai
nee poovaikkoar poovaithai
maNa poovaithu poovaitha
poovaikuL thee vaithaai
Ohhhh…ohhhhhh
thaeney nee mazhaiyil aada
naan maan naan nanainthen vaada
en naaLaikkuL un ratham naadikuL un satham
Ho…
poarum oru sila naaLum
thaniyenaa aada tharaiyinil neendhum

(munbe)
nilavidam vaadagai vaangi
vizhi veetinil kudi vaikkalaama
naan vaazhum veetukul
veraarum vanthaley
thagumaaaa……
then malai thaekukku nee dhaan
unthan thoLgaliL idam tharalama
naan saayum thoaLmel vaeroruvar saainthaley…
thagumaa…
neerum sengula chaerum
kalanthathu poley kalanthavar yaar
(munbe vaa en anbe vaa)

http://prabhukrish.net/2006/08/04/munbe-vaa-lyrics/[/tscii:7a72352302]

coucou
6th August 2006, 11:13 PM
நியூயார்க் நகரம் உறங்கும் நேரம் தனிமை அடர்ந்தது
பனியும் படர்ந்ததே
கப்பல் இறங்கியே காற்றும் கரையில் நடந்ததே
நான்கு கண்ணாடி சுவர்களுக்குள்ளே நானும் மெழுகுவர்த்தியும்
தனிமை தனிமையோ தனிமை தனிமையோ கொடுமை கொடுமையோ

(நியூயார்க்)

பேச்சு எல்லாம் தாலாட்டு போல என்னை உறங்க வைக்க நீ இல்லை
நிலவின் ஒளியில் முத்தம் தந்து காலை காபி கொடுக்க நீ இல்லை
விழியில் விழும் தூசிதன்னை நாவால் எடுக்க நீ இங்கு இல்லை
மனதில் எழும் குழப்பம்தன்னை தீர்க்க நீ இங்கே இல்லை
நான் இங்கே நீயும் அங்கே இந்த தனிமையில் நிமிஷங்கள் வருஷமானது ஏனோ
வான் இங்கே நீலம் அங்கே நீலம் அங்கே இந்த உவமைக்கு இருவரும் விளக்கமானது ஏனோ

ஓஓஓஓஓஓஓஓஓஓஓஓஓ

(நியூயார்க்)

நாட் குறிப்பில் தினம் நூறு தடவை உந்தன் பெயரை எழுதும் என் பேனா
எழுதியதும் எறும்பு மொய்க்க பெயரும் ஆனெதன்ன தேனா
ஜில் என்று பூமி இருந்தும் இந்த தருணத்தில் குளிர் காலம் கோடை ஆனது ஏனோ
வா அன்பே நீயும் வந்தால் செந்தணல்கூட பனி கட்டி போல ஆகுமே

(நியூயார்க்)

coucou
6th August 2006, 11:16 PM
Song: Munbe Va
Lyrics: Kavignar Vaali
Music: Isai Puyal A.R.Rahman
Singers:Shreya Ghoshal,Naresh Iyer
Movie:Sillunu Oru Kadhal

[music ]

[ shreya ]
Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
Oone va uyire va

Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
Poo poovai poopom vaa

Naan naana kaytane ennai naane
naan.... neeya, nenjam sonnathey..

Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
Oone va uyire va

Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
poo poovai poopom vaa

[chorus]

Rango Rangoli
Kollangal nee potal
kollam potava kaigal vazhi

Jal jal

Rango Rangoli
kollangal nee potal

Sundara maligai sandhana maligai
sithira punagai vannam intha [or enna?]

[shreya]
Ah....
Poovaithai poovaithai
Nee poovai-kor poovaithai
Mana poovaithu poovaitha
poovaikul thee vaithai
Ohhhh...

[ Naresh ]
Theyney nee malaiyil aada
Naan maan naan nanainthen Vada
En nalathil un ratham nadikul un satham
Yeah..Ho...

[shreya]
Porum Oru Silai Naalum
thaniyana naal tharaiyinil neengum [Possible Error]

Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
Oone va uyire va

[naresh]

[shreya]
Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
poo poovai poopom vaa

[ music interlude]

[naresh]
Nilavidam vadagai vaangi
Vizhi veetinil kudi vaikalama
naan vazhum veetukul
verarum vanthaley
Thagumaaaa......

[shreya]

Then malai thaykathu nee thaan
unthna thozhgalil idam tharalama
naan saayum tholmel verorum saainthaley...
Thagumaa...

[naresh]
Neerum sengula cherum
kalanthathu poley kalanthavar yaar

[shreya]
Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
Oone va uyire va

Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
poo poovai poopom vaa

[naresh]
Naan.... neeya, nenjam sonnathey
Munbe Vaa....

[shreya]
Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
Oone va uyire va

Munbe Vaa En Anbe vaa
poo poovai poopom vaa

[chorus]

Rango Rangoli
kollangal nee potal

Jal jal

Rango Rangoli
kollangal nee potal

sithira punagai vannam intha

Rango Rangoli
kollangal nee potal
[vaimsathu?]

Jal jal

Rango Rangoli
kollangal nee potal

sithira punagai vannam intha.

http://in2mind.blogspot.com/

coucou
6th August 2006, 11:31 PM
[tscii:02b4b5210f]SOK – Music review by and for dummies!!

Even before I start writing this review, let me declare with all certainty that I am a hardcore dummy as far as music is concerned. Let me also state that I am one of the millions who think that it’s a privilege to be born in a country that has given birth to a musical genius, Allah Rakha Rahman.

With a strong thought of encouraging each of its visitors to write about and review music, Behindwoods.com has come up with this new concept of ‘Music reviews by and for the dummies’.

I feel proud to be the first one to contribute. Hope everyone who feels passionate about music does chip in with their contributions.

The first thing that I heard in the album was a mesmerizing music, something which I was listening for the very first time. I kept wondering what instrument was making such music, is it a natural one or is it one of those huge electronic gadgets that Rahman is so instantly identified by. I wanted to rewind to the start and listen to the music all over again, but the angelic voice of Shreya Ghosal kept me going on, and then I realized how stupid I would have been if I had gone to the beginning as its now the new melody kid, Naresh Iyer who is welding the megaphone. The combination is heavenly. The God’s music, the messengers’ voice and the pleasantly interlacing background chorus were a treat to my ears. Yeah, yeah, I am talking about Munbe va, easily one of Rahman’s master pieces. By now I had listened to the song three times and I am still pondering over the music instrument. Is it Santur, Sitar, Rabab or the Tarang, someone help me out!!!

Just for the sake of curiosity, has he played this tune earlier in any of his live shows???

I have read that the wizard starts with the central tune of the song and then keeps on adding these ‘Rahman’s elements of magic’ (REMs) to it till he gets satisfied. He keeps working on the song over a period of time adding and removing REMs at will. I think these REMs are the ones that strongly keep his music away from sticking on to our memory and force us to listen to it again and again till the tunes sink into us. How does he manage to create such tunes out of thin air?!!

Finally, I move on to the next clip, New York nagaram, with lots of expectation and with bated breath. The song does a perfect job of continuing the good work of Munbe va. The tune is definitely something new to Indian cinema. It’s refreshing, mellifluous and soothing. For someone who was sitting in a room all alone, it stuck the chord straight away. Rahman has got into this mode of grabbing the songs he feels very passionate about, for himself. The musician in him every time overshadows the excellent singer he is.

The ease with which he renders those high pitches will make any singer turn green. A song completely dominated by the guitar has its REMs too. The excellent chorus peeping out constantly, the key board coming into play after a while and the haunting sounds in the background add the vintage Rahman touch to the song. But the most interesting aspect of the song would be the subtle cop sirens added in the background, typical of the great New York City.

[/tscii:02b4b5210f]

coucou
6th August 2006, 11:39 PM
[tscii:27786f3862]SOK – Music review by and for dummies!!

Even before I start writing this review, let me declare with all certainty that I am a hardcore dummy as far as music is concerned. Let me also state that I am one of the millions who think that it’s a privilege to be born in a country that has given birth to a musical genius, Allah Rakha Rahman.

With a strong thought of encouraging each of its visitors to write about and review music, Behindwoods.com has come up with this new concept of ‘Music reviews by and for the dummies’.

I feel proud to be the first one to contribute. Hope everyone who feels passionate about music does chip in with their contributions.

The first thing that I heard in the album was a mesmerizing music, something which I was listening for the very first time. I kept wondering what instrument was making such music, is it a natural one or is it one of those huge electronic gadgets that Rahman is so instantly identified by. I wanted to rewind to the start and listen to the music all over again, but the angelic voice of Shreya Ghosal kept me going on, and then I realized how stupid I would have been if I had gone to the beginning as its now the new melody kid, Naresh Iyer who is welding the megaphone. The combination is heavenly. The God’s music, the messengers’ voice and the pleasantly interlacing background chorus were a treat to my ears. Yeah, yeah, I am talking about Munbe va, easily one of Rahman’s master pieces. By now I had listened to the song three times and I am still pondering over the music instrument. Is it Santur, Sitar, Rabab or the Tarang, someone help me out!!!

Just for the sake of curiosity, has he played this tune earlier in any of his live shows???

I have read that the wizard starts with the central tune of the song and then keeps on adding these ‘Rahman’s elements of magic’ (REMs) to it till he gets satisfied. He keeps working on the song over a period of time adding and removing REMs at will. I think these REMs are the ones that strongly keep his music away from sticking on to our memory and force us to listen to it again and again till the tunes sink into us. How does he manage to create such tunes out of thin air?!!

Finally, I move on to the next clip, New York nagaram, with lots of expectation and with bated breath. The song does a perfect job of continuing the good work of Munbe va. The tune is definitely something new to Indian cinema. It’s refreshing, mellifluous and soothing. For someone who was sitting in a room all alone, it stuck the chord straight away. Rahman has got into this mode of grabbing the songs he feels very passionate about, for himself. The musician in him every time overshadows the excellent singer he is.

The ease with which he renders those high pitches will make any singer turn green. A song completely dominated by the guitar has its REMs too. The excellent chorus peeping out constantly, the key board coming into play after a while and the haunting sounds in the background add the vintage Rahman touch to the song. But the most interesting aspect of the song would be the subtle cop sirens added in the background, typical of the great New York City.

[/tscii:27786f3862]

lancelot
6th August 2006, 11:45 PM
By now I had listened to the song three times and I am still pondering over the music instrument. Is it Santur, Sitar, Rabab or the Tarang, someone help me out!!!

i have been pondering over the same thing... whats that instrument????

someone help.....

hehe

A.ANAND
7th August 2006, 07:35 AM
songs ellam eppadi picturasion panni irukkangalo atha nenacha vera vaitha kalakkuthu.. :rotfl:

villan007
7th August 2006, 07:41 AM
Hey villain 007, isnt the audios stereo, so does it matter if you have 5.1? I have 5.1 also but its useless for stereo right? I am not too sure, please clarify. I have logitech 5.1 its awesome for DVDs

ya... A 2.1 setup is Good enuff for Stereo... But Try Altering your Sound Card's Driver settings(change the speaker config from 2.1 to 5.1 ).. Mine(Creative Audigy) Plays mp3s at surround sound.. :o .. :D

slperson1
7th August 2006, 07:58 AM
if u buy the original JOK from ayn there is an extra 40 seconds to the beginnin of the kumi adi song.

altering ur thing all it does is makes the stereo sound come out of ur 5.1 speakers.it doesnt actually make the stereo into surround sound with discrete channels.

Hulkster
7th August 2006, 08:15 AM
Munbe Vaa seems to be extremely popularised...let me hear the song and give my comments....:D

rayan36
7th August 2006, 09:05 AM
Thanx coucou 4 the lyrics, really app. :thumbsup:

kameshratnam
7th August 2006, 10:51 AM
SOK...Only two songs are good. Is this the man who gave us roja , bombay??

I dont know if directors are not able to pick or choose the right songs or is it that our man's concentration is not here..

These tunes except the 2 tunes " Munbe" and "new york" look like yeno thano..type

nilavupriyan
7th August 2006, 11:34 AM
normally we cant pick the best song in arr album..in uyire,alaipuyuthey and bombay etc..

now its easy to tell new york in jeok and mayiliragey in ah aah

villan007
7th August 2006, 12:56 PM
altering ur thing all it does is makes the stereo sound come out of ur 5.1 speakers.it doesnt actually make the stereo into surround sound with discrete channels.

Alter pannama irunthalum varum thaleeva...

It Upmixes the mp3s to 5.1 surround.. 8-) .... And the output matches the surround effect...... :idea:

guys,Sry for diggression... :)

MADDY
7th August 2006, 01:46 PM
These tunes except the 2 tunes " Munbe" and "new york" look like yeno thano..type

now this is getting hysterical.......if one group is trying to hype it as the "out of world" album, then there are others who are trying to pull it down to "nothin" album.......cool, i like it....... 8-)

nilavu, i seriously had problem in selecting the best between Kummi adi/Munbe vaa/Newyork.........u shuld also consider movie and its strength.......obviously, bombay,alais,uyire were pretty strong movies but i think this movie will be something like May madham sorts......i dunt think even u'll like it if he gives a bombay/uyire again......it'll become boring...

A.ANAND
7th August 2006, 03:57 PM
J.O.K MATHIRI NALLA ALBUM MAKKAL KITTA POI SERANUM...ATHUKKU MOVIE YUM HIT AGANUM...I WILL PRAY J.O.K MAKE SUPER HIT MOVIENOT 4 SURYA BUT ARR :2thumbsup:

rashid2raj
7th August 2006, 04:33 PM
:redjump: KUMMI ADI :bluejump: - what a fresh song..

Avalukkenna anbaa samudira, iyer hotel alwar madhiri thaalam povenna thala thala thala vena vandar vandar.. :2thumbsup:

july
7th August 2006, 05:58 PM
:redjump: KUMMI ADI :bluejump: - what a fresh song..

Avalukkenna anbaa samudira, iyer hotel alwar madhiri thaalam povenna thala thala thala vena vandar vandar.. :2thumbsup:

i like this line...tongue twisting lyrics..... :lol:

dinesh2002
7th August 2006, 06:12 PM
Maja Maja is now climbing up my fav list.... damn...very catchy song...JIllunu oru Ginger Beer thaan !!! :d

Munbe vaa is just too good guys....my soul just feels disturbed when Shreya goes " Naan saiyum tholil mel verorum sainthale,thagumo?" damn.... that particular part is very very mesmerising.... !!!!!!!

rayan36
7th August 2006, 06:33 PM
Is ARR Running out of Stuff?
Topic started by Ramesh Vaidhyanathan (@ gengw.gensym.com) on Fri Mar 13 15:14:51 EST 1998.
All times in EST +10:30 for IST.

I listened to VandeMatharam in which ARR recycled his own tunes from Kizhakku Ceemayile and a touch of a song from Indira.
Also ARR's recent movies for big time producers like Ratchagan and Iruvar (except one song) and Dhoud in Hindi did not have any notable music. Remember ARRs last hit Minsarak Kanavu music was done long time ago.

If for a major album for Sony released on 50th year of Indian Independence, ARR cannot produce original music, then I have to come to the conclusion that he is running out of stuff. I heard that ARR is planning to cut down on movies and concentrate more on albums. Thus he will have to produce less and earn more.

Right now I do not see any difference in the quality of music produced by ARR and Karthik Raja. In fact I think Deva is doing a better job of providing consistant good quality music.

This i found when I'm surfing for songs .... Kabhi Na kabhi (Monalisa) n look what they have to say abt VM/Ratchagan/Iruvar/MK when it got released.... :lol: :lol: :lol: but look at the future of this albums.......EVERGREEN HITS

MusicIsLife
7th August 2006, 07:05 PM
Rayan that post was from 1998.

MusicIsLife
7th August 2006, 07:07 PM
btw:

I have not heard to all the songs, the first two Kummi Adi/Munbe baa are passable (first hearing).

I will comment which is my best fav of the album.

rayan36
7th August 2006, 07:15 PM
Rayan that post was from 1998.

Yeah, Yeah........see the reviews when it got released.....the same thing here in SOK

MADDY
7th August 2006, 08:35 PM
Yeah, Yeah........see the reviews when it got released.....the same thing here in SOK

that to me is a telling blow rayan........ :lol:

thineshan54321
7th August 2006, 09:27 PM
Hey villain can u tell me how u use ur 5.1? I use something called the circle surround for media player, what it does is it keeps the discrete stereo on the front two speakers and woofer, but it tries to eliminate music for the centre and eliminate voice for the two rears. Do u have a better method software? Can u tell me exact procedures please?

thineshan54321
7th August 2006, 09:27 PM
Hey villain can u tell me how u use ur 5.1? I use something called the circle surround for media player, what it does is it keeps the discrete stereo on the front two speakers and woofer, but it tries to eliminate music for the centre and eliminate voice for the two rears. Do u have a better method software? Can u tell me exact procedures please?

MusicIsLife
7th August 2006, 11:51 PM
Maddy..
Telling blow for whom?

Personally my thougths are never tainted and I dont usually dwell on a particular liking.

Ryan, i did not understand the relevance of the 1998 post here still.. though you guys seem to have got a point. no problems..enjoy

MusicIsLife
8th August 2006, 12:14 AM
Newyork nagaram is the only song that even sounds Good. others are not going to be on my repeated listening list. Hopefully the movie/picturization would add the punch to it. Musically, the album is just average.

THK
8th August 2006, 02:36 AM
MUNBE VAA.
Easily the pick of the album. Its just the kind of song that you expect from a Rahman album. The opening music of this number had me spell bound. A beautiful melody that’s right up there with Mayilirage,Snehidane and the other ARR classics. Both Naresh Iyer and Shreya Ghosal do a great job.
This is sure to be the most popular song from this album,a melody lover’s delight.

sloshed
8th August 2006, 04:22 AM
hmm .. have heard the songs many a time to post some comments...

Adi Kummi....

Good rythms and beats for a folkish number.....thinking of the moviewise..... This will be the biggest hit in this movie.... this will be visually attractive and instantly likable by the folks in the B & C centres..... IMO will hog the max air time...

Music wise.. nuthing new to offer....

Munve Vaa..... the much talked about number... is good.. melodius....somehow i cant say if it will hold any repeat value... maybe its shreya's pronounciation a put -off or naresh feminine voice.. donna what ... it will never be a hit like snehidane or vaseegra ... but will pass muster in the 'mayilerage' category ...

New york nagaram ... as I posted earlier.. easily the best song this year... no point wiritng about this song... anything said about this song will be like using the adjective "bright for the sun" ...
Moviewise... if the situation/picturisation isnt upto the mark.. this number will be put into oblivion..... like so many ARR gems....
I must say there is something in his voice.... to me he is a great singer....

Machakari... As I suprised that Ney york isnt one of dinesh's fav .. i am/am not suprised that this one being one his fav.... to me the best part about this song is the silence after I stop this song....starts off well.. meanders into junk and finally falls into the "noise only" territory..... is this a post effect of SJS???

Maja Maja, Maricham..... I didnt even bother to look for "words" to describe these... this is definetly Ah Ah effect still lingering on him... was this composed during that time???

Being one of the most expected album of the year.. falls hort .. but if u r one who grabbed Ah Ah with both hands then yeah its certainly up there....
Two outstanding numbers in New york and Munve Vaa ... one sure hit .. in Kummu Adi ....
others will be "been there seen that"....

The movie definitely has to hit the bulls eye for the songs to make an impact.. i hope JO-Surya auro is gonna help....
I think after more than ~13 years in the industry .. i think ARR is in a mood for experiments .. which is good.. but somehow the heart yearns for the rahman I grew up with...

mahen1
8th August 2006, 07:38 AM
IN a way I agree with "sloshed". Newyork is the best song of the album. No need to discribe it. Arr's voice suits the song so well. Munbey vaa is a good song, kumi adi, machakari, JOK will end up somewhere in between good and not bad songs. others are junk. Overall its a good album. I think In recent ARR releases E20U18 is the best boys 2nd and JOK is 3rd best.

Is ARR commited to HFM more than TFM? (I am not talking about the quality). Look at the number of movies released in HFM and TFM by ARR. I feel after ARR's success in Bolywood is ignoring Kolywood. Thats why other MD's utilising the gap left by ARR.

july
8th August 2006, 07:44 AM
E20U18 is best than boys ???????? hahahha ..... :lol: :lol:

Dragun
8th August 2006, 10:07 AM
I think after more than ~13 years in the industry .. i think ARR is in a mood for experiments .. which is good.. but somehow the heart yearns for the rahman I grew up with...

I know what you mean, but I'm glad he's experimenting. It shows he's not content to rest on his laurels and is willing to take risks. Better this than to churn out Mukkala Muqabla forever. Even with villagey tunes like Kummi Adi he does different things. It's not just the standard tabla or thavil beats.

Ramakrishna
8th August 2006, 10:18 AM
I heard that two songs of SOK are not featuring in the movie.One is Maaricham.What is the other one?Anyone knows?

rayan36
8th August 2006, 11:16 AM
Maddy..
Telling blow for whom?

Personally my thougths are never tainted and I dont usually dwell on a particular liking.

Ryan, i did not understand the relevance of the 1998 post here still.. though you guys seem to have got a point. no problems..enjoy

The point is SOK/GF will pick up just as the releases in 1998 did :wink:

MADDY
8th August 2006, 11:17 AM
Maddy..
Telling blow for whom?

for all those ppl. who are claiming that ARR has lost his form after listening to SOk.....it means that for the past 8 years he has been losing form yet making hit albums, working in epic movies,topping sales......i cant see the logic here......got it MIL sir? i dunt think we meant u here.....

sloshed, i'm surprised that u did not like Kummi adi song cos u seem to yearn for the rahman u grew up with........then kummi adi was a vitnage 90's-ARR kinda song.......

i really miss 90's ARR and for me kummi adi was 90's revisited...

rayan36
8th August 2006, 11:27 AM
maaricham now feels good after a few listenings, with repeated lyrics and male vocal goes yaar idhu....un purvam yedhu. Reminds me of Yaar Adhu from MR.Romeo...also with repeated lyrics...Yaar Adhu and ends with Un perr yenna........Un oru Yenna.......Muthangal Thantha Arthangal Yenna

baba88
8th August 2006, 12:44 PM
Maaricham and Jillunu Oru Kadhal songs will not be featured in the movie.

rayan36
8th August 2006, 02:05 PM
Machakari Lyrics

Minnal Padhi Thenral Padhi
Mangai Anathu
Machakari (2x) Machakaridaa
Machakazha madhum parkum Machakaridaa
Minnal padhi Thendral padhi
Vangai Anathu
Mangai padum mogha padal Gangai Anathu

Vazhum Vazhkaiye Yaarukagha Sol Thalaivaa
Inbam Vanthapin ninnum nirpathae
Nee Tholaivaa

1,2,3,4,5,6,7 macham(thil)

Uthadigal Kuvithen yenennava
Un Uthaviku thavithen peenalava
Nee muthal muthal Tothithai or Muthamae
Naan Mayakathil Vizhithen Kathala

Acho Acho
Yenai Unidam Thanthenae
Vazhiyinil Tholaithaye
Anbe Anbe
Yenai Naanidam ilamal
Yen solveno Sol Sol

Machakari (2x) Machakaridaa
Machakazha madhum parkum Machakaridaa
Minnal padhi Thendral padhi
Vangai Anathu
Mangai padum mogha padal Gangai Anathu

Unnarchigal ezhuthu yen chellamae
Naan Unnai kandabolezhuthu yen niramae
Nee anumathi koduthal Othigai
Naam iruvarum Enaintha parkalam

Thanir Vedu Endru Thodham Solathae
Therinjiko Neeyagae

Acha Acho
Innum Thamatham Seiyathae
Thangathae......
Machakari ............

lyrics are very well penned despite being over 60yrs old!!!!!

rashid2raj
8th August 2006, 03:24 PM
Machakari... As I suprised that Ney york isnt one of dinesh's fav .. i am/am not suprised that this one being one his fav.... to me the best part about this song is the silence after I stop this song....starts off well.. meanders into junk and finally falls into the "noise only" territory..... is this a post effect of SJS???

Maja Maja, Maricham..... I didnt even bother to look for "words" to describe these... this is definetly Ah Ah effect still lingering on him... was this composed during that time???

WHAT?? Do you think Ah Aah was a bad album.. ????? OH, my god! Mayilirage, Maramkothiye, Anbe Aaruyire, Thigu thigu, Varugiraai & thaluvudhu naluvudhu.. IMO, Ah Aah was one of the best album recently.. Better than Ghajini, Pattyal..

Only, "hangover" from Ah aah might be Maja maja song.. as it's made in same style of Thaluvhu Naluvudhu.. Probably director asked for that.. !!!

coucou
8th August 2006, 03:50 PM
[tscii:bd0fbca4d9]Rahman reigns again with ‘Jillunnu…’
By MIO Team
Aug 08, 2006, 00:31

Printer friendly page

Chennai - It is after a long gap that a Tamil album by A.R. Rahman has hit the market. And predictably, Rahman fans are going crazy about it even though this new offering may not be his best.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. ‘Jillunnu Oru Kathal’ - Music: A.R. Rahman. Two songs have hit the marquee - ‘New York nagaram’ sung by Rahman himself and ‘Munbe vaa’ by Shreya Ghosal and Naresh Iyer.

2. ‘Vallavan’ - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Raja’s latest album is a huge hit. It might even overtake Rahman’s soon.

3. ‘Vettayadu Vilayadu’ - Music: Harris Jayaraj. Though it is a classy album, the sales may pick up only after the film releases.

4. ‘Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi’ - Music: Sabesh-Murali. The numbers, which remind listeners of the songs of 1950s, are a hit with youngsters.

5. ‘Parijatham’ - Music: Dharan. ‘Unnai kandane’ by Haricharan and Shruthi continues to top all the radio and television channels shows. A hot favourite with youngsters

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

[/tscii:bd0fbca4d9]

thineshan54321
8th August 2006, 05:19 PM
Hey the top five, is it according to audio sales? Like how is it judged? And why does it say "eventhough it may not be Rahman's best"? In top 10 they are supposed to compare with other albums not with albums that came out years ago! These people need to be slaped

rayan36
8th August 2006, 06:20 PM
WHAT?? Do you think Ah Aah was a bad album.. ????? OH, my god! Mayilirage, Maramkothiye, Anbe Aaruyire, Thigu thigu, Varugiraai & thaluvudhu naluvudhu.. IMO, Ah Aah was one of the best album recently.. Better than Ghajini, Pattyal..

Only, "hangover" from Ah aah might be Maja maja song.. as it's made in same style of Thaluvhu Naluvudhu.. Probably director asked for that.. !!!

:musicsmile: :thumbsup: :musicsmile: :thumbsup: :musicsmile:

dinesh2002
8th August 2006, 07:14 PM
guys...these media peeps will do anything to make ARR fall, esp by these cheap tricks,by comparing with young md's & giving bad reviews for ARR's album..... just ignore these *******!!

A.ANAND
8th August 2006, 07:28 PM
guys...these media peeps will do anything to make ARR fall, esp by these cheap tricks,by comparing with young md's & giving bad reviews for ARR's album..... just ignore these *******!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

lancelot
8th August 2006, 09:50 PM

how do u know??? r u sure???

hehe

rashid2raj
8th August 2006, 09:56 PM

I hope, that they'll use Jillunnu oru kadhal song, atleast as bgm in movie...

thineshan54321
8th August 2006, 09:59 PM
Guys, I remember before that SOK was only supposed to have 5 songs and it said that Rahman suggested another situation where a song could be presented and thats how the 6th song was made. The title track will not be featured as an actual song as it will be featured during the starting when they introduce the cast and crews and maybe at the end. You can kinda see that the title song wont actually blend with any situation, its made as a happy go kinda song for beginning and end, both of which are most likely happy! And when I listened to Maaricham, it is a situational song, the part where the Aslam goes Yaar athu? On poorvam ethu?.... I think thats when Surya sees Bhoomika during his college days and falls in love. You can guarantee that this number will be picturized. It is meant for the movie.

jabarullah
9th August 2006, 06:59 AM
[tscii:a243f58039]Rahman reigns again with ‘Jillunnu…’
By MIO Team
Aug 08, 2006, 00:31

Printer friendly page

Chennai - It is after a long gap that a Tamil album by A.R. Rahman has hit the market. And predictably, Rahman fans are going crazy about it even though this new offering may not be his best.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. ‘Jillunnu Oru Kathal’ - Music: A.R. Rahman. Two songs have hit the marquee - ‘New York nagaram’ sung by Rahman himself and ‘Munbe vaa’ by Shreya Ghosal and Naresh Iyer.

2. ‘Vallavan’ - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. Raja’s latest album is a huge hit. It might even overtake Rahman’s soon.

3. ‘Vettayadu Vilayadu’ - Music: Harris Jayaraj. Though it is a classy album, the sales may pick up only after the film releases.

4. ‘Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi’ - Music: Sabesh-Murali. The numbers, which remind listeners of the songs of 1950s, are a hit with youngsters.

5. ‘Parijatham’ - Music: Dharan. ‘Unnai kandane’ by Haricharan and Shruthi continues to top all the radio and television channels shows. A hot favourite with youngsters

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

[/tscii:a243f58039]

how about godfather man...????? :roll:

MusicIsLife
9th August 2006, 07:16 AM

Rashid:
I would say Ah Aah competed with Pattiyal and Ghajini equally well and not better than them.

Maddy,
Dont call me Sir.. i am not that old.

sureshc
9th August 2006, 11:40 AM
A R( Almost Retired) Rahman from tfm ?!!

Expected a lot from the genius after what was being written for the past 5-6 months.
Except munbe va, the other songs are less rahmanish!! Very average numbers. Let down.
Lucky hindi film wallas! Hes giving better quality songs atleast in hindi.

Hulkster
9th August 2006, 12:16 PM
Sureshc konjam harsh nu ninaikiraen...yeah sure its same rahman touch to melodies but the songs are certainly very melodious and soothing to hear.

Here is the anticipated comment on Munbe Vaa...it is the trademark techno orchestration and the use of a natural echo effect in melodies in the song...but what actually makes the song seem out of the world? Rahman is a genius when he makes sure the singing flows along with his orchestration...since he is using a soothing "echo" effect in munbe vaa...he takes extra concern to make sure shreya goshal and naresh also flow along with this echo effect to really touch into the hearts of listeners. This is where it feels like out of the world...simply because rahman made sure the melody is not complicated and soothing all the way with a minimum tempo.

:clap: But as for the orchestration it is not really out of the world as it is a typical rahman touch..as i said vennilavae vennilavae and pachai niramae will take some great orchestration to be beaten.

Jillunu Oru Kadhal has good usage of jazz implemented with the usual indian rhythms..this is to me the pick of the album :2thumbsup:

coucou
9th August 2006, 01:41 PM
munbe vaa: a melodius number
kummi adi: a situtional track
mazaa: a situational track
new york nagaaram: situational track
machakkari: dancing number

to like a melodius number or kuttu songs, we don't necessary to watch the movie but for situational songs we have to do. even before the release of movie we like such type song ( New york nagaram; kummi adi), it prouves ARR's talent. many people think tis album has only two good songs, it's normal because situational tracks dominated it. same critics has done For RDB " 6 of ten tracks are good,etc. but after the movie release, they blame that whole album is great bacause of the movie" so guys don't listen critics and wait for the movie release. 8-)

coucou
9th August 2006, 02:00 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/shooting-spot/jyothika_2.html

this article said that people waited for this movie because arr 's beautiful songs

A.ANAND
9th August 2006, 02:49 PM
munbe vaa: a melodius number
kummi adi: a situtional track
mazaa: a situational track
new york nagaaram: situational track
machakkari: dancing number

to like a melodius number or kuttu songs, we don't necessary to watch the movie but for situational songs we have to do. even before the release of movie we like such type song ( New york nagaram; kummi adi), it prouves ARR's talent. many people think tis album has only two good songs, it's normal because situational tracks dominated it. same critics has done For RDB " 6 of ten tracks are good,etc. but after the movie release, they blame that whole album is great bacause of the movie" so guys don't listen critics and wait for the movie release. 8-)SUPERO SUPERUNGANNOW :yes: :yes: :2thumbsup: :2thumbsup:

july
9th August 2006, 03:06 PM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/specials/cinema/shooting-spot/jyothika_2.html

this article said that people waited for this movie because arr 's beautiful songs

i'm one of those.... :lol:

A.ANAND
9th August 2006, 03:25 PM
now we can enter the official s.o.k web side in india glitz.com now... :cool2: :cool2:

dinesh2002
9th August 2006, 04:08 PM
[tscii:14bb97c899]Rahman once again on the peak

August 9, 2006
After a long gap, Rahman’s album ranks first in the market. Sillunu Oru Kadhal audio has ousted Valavaan, Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu, Imsai Arasan 23aam Pulikesi and Parijatham albums from the first place in the market. The fans of Rahman love the melodies of Sillunu Oru Kadhal.

Galatta.com caters to the music lovers and Rahman fans by providing the tunes of Sillunu Oru Kadhal for download, and online listening in our very special music section.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/5355/news/silllunu.html [/tscii:14bb97c899]

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 04:27 PM
---

rashid2raj
9th August 2006, 04:27 PM

Expected a lot from the genius after what was being written for the past 5-6 months.
Except munbe va, the other songs are less rahmanish!! Very average numbers. Let down.

What is your problem ??? Do you know what retired means ?? If you don't like Jillunnu oru kadhal songs, then that's your headache.. Don't come and say he's retired.. !! :shhh: In fact, ARR is the one who got the biggest movie of this year in hand: SIVAJI!! which none other musicdirector in tfm could have been dreaming of..

SIVAJI: biggest director, biggest superstar, biggest MUSICDIRECTOR, AVM's production, leading people such as Peter Hein, Sujatha, Thottadharani, Rajusundaram & Vairamuthu involved.. :ty:

A.ANAND
9th August 2006, 04:39 PM

Lucky hindi film wallas! Hes giving better quality songs atleast in hindi.NALLA HUMOR SIR UNGGALULLU :lol: :lol: :lol:

SA
9th August 2006, 08:34 PM
Can someone provide Kummi Adi lyrics pl?

july
9th August 2006, 09:08 PM
Sillunu Oru Kadhal - Kummi Adi

Ammi mithichachu....aruganthiya pathachu..
pongi kuzh kudichu pursahn kaiyakothachu...
etturum ettum vazhi thandum kada thangalatha
pattu mazha pangi vanthu thokadikum munthalathe...
pattu mazha pangi vanthu thokadikum munthalathe....

Avalukenna ambasamuthram iyer hotel alwa madhiri thalamboovena thala
thala ena vandha vandha paru
avaukena alwar kurichi alahu thevar aruva madhiri burma thekanna
pala pala nu vandhan paaru
kummi addi kummi addi kummi addiho
kothu vada sattam poda kummi addi ho..oh..
kummi addi kummi addi kummi addiho
konda uuril vanthu adda kummi adi ho

Adi rasai rosai rasa mani namma rasaku rani vanthuta
romba sokkanathu entha sodinuthan antha atha than sethu putta
onmli veramuthan namma suthhi podanum soduna madanuku kada nenthu
vidanum
nalla ponnana naal ethu than

Avalukena...

Uppu kanda nee vanthu cheru..engu kathiruka kamam uruthan..
nair kada biriyaniya pola nenchu vakuvan ninu kedaka..
adiyara pathu kettum pogum saami entha vethhili karavattuk kozhambu
machan vethhala pakkoda vanthu vasalil nikkatta eni vothipota
vothukathu pangu muttai manasu
adi vothaiyil thungathu panchu methaiyil thungathu antha nair kada
chaiya vida erukichi suudu

Avalukena..
Thana..thanna...

Aaa....
Paluketha machiyaru nee entha vita nel erukum vetukaranga..
patha madam paaya pottu paaru patanukum suuran naan thaan
vitta pothum veeliya thandum entha velathuku rombayathunga
kothura sevalum naan thandi payira kozhium nee thandi
rendu muukum muukum mutti kittu mutham vaikatho
machan konchura suitodu rendum nenchodu nenchodu
oru usi nulum elamathan onna theikatho

Kummi adi kummi adi ho....

Avalukenna...

Courtesy from Arr Fans Club... Credit go for writer.. 8-)

mahen1
9th August 2006, 09:21 PM

I would say another Thamilanin manap pulungal, counting the number of hindi hits given by ARR comparing to Tamil.

mahen1
9th August 2006, 09:22 PM

I would say another Thamilanin manap pulungal, counting the number of hindi hits given by ARR comparing to Tamil.