PDA

View Full Version : Sillunnu Oru Kadhal - A.R.Rahman - Vaali - Surya

Pages : 1 2 3 [4] 5

mahen1
9th August 2006, 09:22 PM
A R( Almost Retired) Rahman from tfm ?!!

Expected a lot from the genius after what was being written for the past 5-6 months.
Except munbe va, the other songs are less rahmanish!! Very average numbers. Let down.
Lucky hindi film wallas! Hes giving better quality songs atleast in hindi.

I would say another Thamilanin manap pulungal, counting the number of hindi hits given by ARR comparing to Tamil.

justsound
10th August 2006, 04:09 AM
Rashid,
I am new to the hub.
I appreciate sureshc for what he had mentioned.The fact that the expectations have not been met.
He is right in his comments.

lets face facts as it cannot be hidden forlong.
We have had too many letdowns in the past 2-3 yrs from our isai puyal- Parasuram, Ayutha ezhuthu, Baba, udhaya ... and now SOK.

any disputes on these films??

muzammil_fr
10th August 2006, 04:27 AM

Rashid,
I am new to the hub.
I appreciate sureshc for what he had mentioned.The fact that the expectations have not been met.

We have had too many letdowns in the past 2-3 yrs from our isai puyal- Parasuram, Ayutha ezhuthu, Baba, udhaya ... and now SOK.

If i have control this forum, i don't let post such bad comment About ARR and his albems ':hammer:' ':cry:'

thineshan54321
10th August 2006, 04:42 AM
These people appreciate music only when movies become hit. Seriously what the hell was wrong with AE? It was one of the most futuristic soundtracks of all time. Just like how u have the right to criticize Rahman's views (his music are his views), I have the right to criticize ur views. It would ve been better if u didnt join this group, if u hate SOK stay out of here. Why do u come to an AR Rahman forum, well I know why because u have no where else to go to. I was calm till I saw SOK in ur list, what r u talking about? Well I dont wanna defend SOK anymore, u urself will defend SOK after movie release or after u actually listen to the music.

rayan36
10th August 2006, 08:07 AM
Let me remind u newbie that AE is the best selling album in 2004....dont be a vaithaerichal :twisted: :twisted:

villan007
10th August 2006, 08:39 AM
Rashid,
I am new to the hub.

:shock: ......... :hammer: :bangcomp: ....... AE was one of Rahman's best.... :angry2: ... U better stay out illena inga podhumaathu vaanguvathu uruthi :lol:

MADDY
10th August 2006, 09:13 AM
hey guys, but did u notice many new ppl. have joined this forum/ARR section after this SOK album release....... :clap: ....

clearly shows this album is making waves :D ......come on guys, please stop bad mouthing this album, let's wait for the movie and see y the songs have come out this way......obviously ARR cant give songs beyond situations/director's caliber........

i'm continously listening to Munbe vaa,Newyork, Kummi Adi, Jillendru oru kadhal in a loop.....icant choose the best out of them.... :D

Dragun
10th August 2006, 09:52 AM
These people appreciate music only when movies become hit. Seriously what the hell was wrong with AE? It was one of the most futuristic soundtracks of all time.

AE was a very good and underrated album. I still listen to it.

I listened to the SOK mp3s a few times and was pretty impressed. Machakaari is a rocking song, and Munbe Vaa and New York are really beautiful songs. I'm waiting to get the official CD to listen to it again.

sureshc
10th August 2006, 10:19 AM
Hi folks.. Have patience.
Who said that the songs in Ae were not good? Read the post clearly and then interpret. Dont jump to wrong conclusions.

All of know that ARR has set a very high standard for himself and his fans just need him to deliver every time. Unfortunately, its just not possible to deliver as he is human too.Ala Sachin!!
Fans would rate KK, Alaipayuthey, Rythm, Duet, En swasa katre,Minsara kanvu, Taal,RDB as his best, then comparitively films like GF, AE,SOk are just a pale shadow of the earlier class.
the other films like udhaya.. etc are not in his class..

Im not in any way criticising his efforts as iam his fan too.

A.ANAND
10th August 2006, 10:39 AM
Rashid,
I am new to the hub.

any disputes on these films??tho vanthutaru vaaya polathu kittu..ennga irunthuthan kelambaranga innu theriyala :roll: puthusu puthusa varanungga vanthu ennamo ivanungga than 'musica kandupuccavangga mathiri' :angry2: onnu mattum nalla theriyithu,jok album hit and arr come in tfm romba perukku vaithericcal innu :twisted: ayya justsound ithoda mudikittu poo :argh: ithal tamilanin manap pulannga vera :banghead: romba nalla irukkuda unnga manap pulungal :banghead: :banghead:

A.ANAND
10th August 2006, 10:45 AM
A R( Almost Retired) Rahman from tfm ?!!

Expected a lot from the genius after what was being written for the past 5-6 months.
Except munbe va, the other songs are less rahmanish!! Very average numbers. Let down.
Lucky hindi film wallas! Hes giving better quality songs atleast in hindi.

I would say another Thamilanin manap pulungal, counting the number of hindi hits given by ARR comparing to Tamil.mahen, romba pulunngala irutha aispetti kulla punthukka :lol:

sureshc
10th August 2006, 11:43 AM
ennama anand kannu, ne enathuku theriyathatha pathi eithare?? unakum paatukkum ena samandham? degenta iru. avalthan solten.

baba88
10th August 2006, 01:21 PM
I don't know what you all are talking about. If you want it or not Ah Aah was a hit, Godfather was a hit, SOK is a hit. These are the facts. Only because some people have a different taste of Music we need not to discuss about SOK songs. Munbe Vaa, New York, Machakari, Jillendru Oru Kadhal all these songs sound good. That's the fact.

And you need not say that AE was flop or not good. It was a super Hit album. I think his last flop was Parasuram and UDhaya. But all other albums were Hits.

rashid2raj
10th August 2006, 04:09 PM
Rashid,
I am new to the hub.

Enough aah??? Bye byee... :wave:

A.ANAND
10th August 2006, 04:28 PM
ennama anand kannu, ne enathuku theriyathatha pathi eithare?? unakum paatukkum ena samandham? degenta iru. avalthan solten.PODA..PODA..KASUMALAMMMM....POI ORU MULAILA VALAMENU PATTA KETTUKITTU KUNTHU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A.ANAND
10th August 2006, 04:32 PM
ennama anand kannu, ne enathuku theriyathatha pathi eithare?? unakum paatukkum ena samandham? degenta iru. avalthan solten.PODA..PODA..KASUMALAMMMM....POI ORU MULAILA VALAMENU PATTA KETTUKITTU KUNTHU!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

A.ANAND
10th August 2006, 04:34 PM
poda..poda..kasumalam!!!poi valameenu patta kettu kittu oru muulaiyila kunthuda sellam

stone cold
10th August 2006, 04:49 PM
Rahman once again on the peak

August 9, 2006

After a long gap, Rahman's album ranks first in the market. Sillunu
Oru Kadhal audio has ousted Valavaan, Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu, Imsai
Arasan 23aam Pulikesi and Parijatham albums from the first place in
the market. The fans of Rahman love the melodies of Sillunu Oru Kadhal.

Galatta.com caters to the music lovers and Rahman fans by providing
the tunes of Sillunu Oru Kadhal for download, and online listening in
our very special music section.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire/id/5355/rss/1/news/sill\
lunu.html

SA
10th August 2006, 07:17 PM
[quote="july"]Sillunu Oru Kadhal - Kummi Adi

Thanks July...for the lyrics

Ellaroda postings paatha siripaa irukku enakku....en ipdi adichikareenga....after all hit or not hit is on a comparitive basis...
come on guys...enjoy the songs for what it is than arguing on whether its a hit or not...

Chill....

kb
10th August 2006, 08:17 PM
have u guys heard udhaya songs properly.. i figure u havent..

the film was a utter flop .. that is y u r saying its a bad album.. it was many other reasons for the flop..

pookum malarai kaigal kuluki

udaya udaya

to certain extent thiruvelli keni rani...

these songs are awesome

rashid2raj
10th August 2006, 08:35 PM
have u guys heard udhaya songs properly.. i figure u havent..

the film was a utter flop .. that is y u r saying its a bad album.. it was many other reasons for the flop..

pookum malarai kaigal kuluki

udaya udaya

to certain extent thiruvelli keni rani...

these songs are awesome

:clap: :clap: :clap: :cool2:

EXACTLY... :exactly: The songs were so good.. ! Eps. Udhaya udhaya.. Hariharan did super job.. It was only the bad picturisation which flopped..

sloshed
10th August 2006, 11:33 PM
I cant figure out the "Retro " part in Sukanya Verma's rediff review..... I certainly dont think SOK was 1950's music... SV.. was clearly spotted trying to write a review.. unfortunately... there is no musical bone ..er sorry not even a musical pore...in her body ... I am just amazed at rediff...

Anywayz.. leaving that aside.... there seems to be a conscious feeling from many that .. ARR hindi projects seem to better music from him than Tamil...I still believe there is more hope in Tamil...becos there is more competition....

Dinesh and others... please spare a thought for others.. who are genuinely disappointed becos they expected too much from the album.... and the album didnt deliver...

Now this "deliverence" is subjective..... just like you hold "Ah Ah" and AH ...there is another gentleman .. who proclaimed and challenged " Show me another album which is creating already creating hysteria with songs atleast like Machakari ...etc ? "
All I can think of is Pulikesi 24 ....

And there is Baba88 - the facts machine... thats a fact .. this is a fact.. all are facts...

Anand .. you dont have to resort to abuse.. please...

sloshed
10th August 2006, 11:33 PM
I cant figure out the "Retro " part in Sukanya Verma's rediff review..... I certainly dont think SOK was 1950's music... SV.. was clearly spotted trying to write a review.. unfortunately... there is no musical bone ..er sorry not even a musical pore...in her body ... I am just amazed at rediff...

Anywayz.. leaving that aside.... there seems to be a conscious feeling from many that .. ARR hindi projects seem to better music from him than Tamil...I still believe there is more hope in Tamil...becos there is more competition....

Dinesh and others... please spare a thought for others.. who are genuinely disappointed becos they expected too much from the album.... and the album didnt deliver...

Now this "deliverence" is subjective..... just like you hold "Ah Ah" and AH ...there is another gentleman .. who proclaimed and challenged " Show me another album which is already creating hysteria with songs atleast like Machakari ...etc ? "
All I can think of is Pulikesi 24 ....

And there is Baba88 - the facts machine... thats a fact .. this is a fact.. all are facts...

Anand .. you dont have to resort to abuse.. please...

sloshed
11th August 2006, 12:08 AM
dont take too much offence on the post guyz.. just wanted to start a discussion... there is not much happening these days.... :-)

sureshc
11th August 2006, 09:31 AM
Anand, you are a disgrace to this forum. You dont seem to have the basic manners. sorry to say this.

Others , pls take care of such filthy hubbers.

lancelot
11th August 2006, 09:58 AM
[tscii:10b48bf107]Facts about A R Rahman’s music, this is strictly my opinion only, you may take it leave it.

To start I should say that I am a person with very little knowledge of music. But that doesn’t mean that I don’t know what good music is.

I think there are a few reasons why some people don’t like ARRs music.

Point 1 - Most people expect ARR to produce music of the caliber of Roja, Minsara Kanazu, Kandukondain Kandukondain etc. all the time. But unfortunately it mostly depends on the director also. So when they have high expectations and the music doesn’t meet that they conclude that it’s not a good album. They fail to see that though it’s not as good as ARRs best work, it’s still good.

Point 2 – ARRs music has so much depth in it, to love his music you have to sit down and give it time to melt in to you. You have you to listen to them a few times, only then you’ll see the magic in his music. You have to have a good set of speakers or an iPod or something, close your eyes and listen to every single sound the song makes. Am sure every single ARR fan does that, including me, in my iTunes New York, Munbe Va and JOK have reached the top of the most played list, that’s the amount of time I have given to this album.

Point 3 – Unfortunately most people are used to listening to a song once and then liking them. So they just listen to an ARR song once and then out it away not knowing it requires your time. Most people don’t have the time to sit down and listen to good music.

There are a lot more things I can come up with, but I don’t have time to put them in to words and am sure you must also be fed up reading this.

So I shall say, SOK is a good album, may be not one of ARRs best, but it’s really good. I wanted a song that has violin and flutes used in it. And ARR gave me Munbe Va, he didn’t stop there, he also gave me New York with his amazing voice and the jazzy song JOK and Maaricham a song for some reason I like a lot.

Hats off A R Rahman, you will always remain my hero.

hehe
:D[/tscii:10b48bf107][/b]

great
11th August 2006, 10:08 AM

Man its his wish wheter to like the album or not ..... If you are not agreeing with his views you put forth your views.. you dont need to bash others like kasumalam etc etc.

SureshC dont you think its bit harsh to say Already retired from tfml

Btw Udaya udaya song was :thumbsup: as the film got released after llllllllllllong time and there is no publicity done for the songs :(

coucou
11th August 2006, 03:26 PM
1. Jillunu:-

paRavaigaL seiyudhay
pattaampoochchi seiyudhay
nadhigaL seiyudhay
marangaL seiyudhay
yaadhum seiyudhae
neeyum seiya vaa
kaadhal..

jillendru oru kaadhal
jillendru oru kaadhal
jillendru oru kaadhal
jillendru oru kaadhal

paRavaigaL seiyudhay
nadhigaL seiyudhay
marangaL seiyudhay
yaadhum seiyudhae
neeyum seiya vaa
kaadhal..

jillunu oru kaadhal
jillunu oru kaadhal
jillunu oru kaadhal
jillunu oru kaadhal

kaalaiyil kaadhali
maalaiyil kaadhali
vaelaiyil kaadhali
saelaiyil kaadhali
sillarai paesumaa
saelaigaL paesumae
kaadhal..

jillunu oru kaadhal
jillunu oru kaadhal
jillunu oru kaadhal
jillunu oru kaadhal

aesalgaL aenadaa
poosalgaL aenadaa
yudhangaL aenadaa
raththangaL aenadaa
moththamum veeNadaa
thiththikkum thaenadaa

kaadhal..

jillunu oru kaadhal

paRavaigaL seiyudhay
nadhigaL seiyudhay
marangaL seiyudhay
yaadhum seiyudhae
neeyum seiya vaa
kaadhal..

jillendru oru kaadhal
jillendru oru kaadhal
jillendru oru kaadhal
jillendru oru kaadhal

viNNaiyum kaadhali
maNNaiyum kaadhali
peNNaiyum kaadhali
unnaiyum kaadhali
madaiyanai kooda
mahaakavi aakkumay

kaadhal..

coucou
11th August 2006, 03:27 PM
2. Majaa Majaa:-
singers: SPB Charan and shreya ghoshal
md: ARR
lyrics: Vaali
song: majaa majaa
movie: sillunnu oru kaadhal
F:
majaa majaa majaa aajaa raajaa
rajaa rajaa aadaikku rajaa

yaarO yaarO yaar thadupaarO

F AND M:
vaer mael neer pOl yaar vizhuvaarO

F:kaNdaal paavam uNdaal theerumallavaa
rathri rathri rathri aedhO aedhO aedhaedhO

M:majaa majaa majaa aajaa raajaa
rajaa rajaa aadaikku

F:rajaa

F:nachchunnu oru ichchu vekkavaa?
naanum vechchu neeyum vechchu achchu vekkavaa

M:aechchu aechchu enna paechchu?
aechchu aechchu enna paechchu?
kaachchu kaachchu enna pOchchu?

F:nachchunnu oru ichchu vekkavaa?

M:hum...humm...majaa majaa majaa majaa mmhum...ae
rajaa rajaa rajaa rajaa rajaa mhum..ae
oho oho oho oho ohOy

F:majaa majaa majaa aajaa raajaa

F:yaarO yaarO yaar thadupaarO

M:vaer mael neer pOl yaar vizhuvaarO

Both:kaNdaal paavam uNdaal theerumallavaa
rathri rathri rathri aedhO
aedhO
aedhaedhO
( both alternate)

F:jillunu oru ginger beer dhaan

M:aasai enum ajeeraNam theera theera thaan

F:moochchu moochchu rendu moochchu
aachchu aachchu oNNu aachchu

M:moochchu moochchu rendu moochchu
aachchu aachchu oNNu aachchu

F:jillunu oru ginger beer dhaan

M:jillunu oru ginger beer dhaan

F:majaa majaa majaa aajaa raajaa

M:majaa majaa majaa aajaa raajaa

M: yaarO yaarO yaar thadupaarO
vaer mael neer pOl yaar vizhuvaarO
kaNdaal paavam uNdaal theerumallavaa
rathri rathri rathri aedhO aedhO aedhaedhO

F: aedhaedhO

coucou
11th August 2006, 03:27 PM
6. Kummi Adi:-
singers:Dr. Siva Chidambaram ,
Swarnalatha, Naresh Iyer,Theni Kunjarammal, Vignesh
lyrics: vaali
movie: sillunu oru kaadhal

ammi medhichchaachchu
arundhadhiya paarththaachchu
bommi poo mudichchu
purushan kaiyai kOththaachchu

avaLukkena ambaasamudharam iyeru hotelu
alwa maadhiri thaLa thaLa vena
thaazhampoovena vandhaa vandhaa paaru

avanukkena aazhvaar kuRichchi azhagu
devaru aruvaa madhiri paLa paLavena
burma thaekkena vandhaan vandhaan paaru

kummi adi kummi adi kummi adi hO
koththa vaLa saththam pOda kummi adi hO
kummi adi kummi adi kummi adi hO
koNda poovil vandu paadak kummi adi hO

adi rasaayee rOsaayee raasaamaNi - namma
raasaakku raaNi vandhuttaa!romba
sOkkaanadhu indha sOdi dhaan- andha
aaththaa dhaan seththuputtaa!Omal varaamaa dhaan
naama suththi podanum sudalae maadanukku kadaa
naedhu aadanum nalla ponnaana naaLu idhu dhaan
uppu kandam nee vandhu saeru-ingu
kaaththirukku kambankoozhudhaan
baaiyi kadai biriyaaNi pOla- nenju
pakkuvamaa vendhu kedakka
adi aaLa pottaak kettu pOvum thaanae- indha
neththili karuvaattu kuzhambu

solladi veththala paakkOda- vandhu
vaasalil nikkattaaini Oththi pottaa
oththukaadhu panju mittaai manasu- adi
oththaiyil thoongaadhu- panju
meththaiyil thaangaadhu - andha
naayar kadai chaaya vida aeriduchchu soodu

palluk kuththum kuchchiyaala neeyundhaan
vittaa nellukkuththum getti kaaran dhaan
paththamaada paaiyai pOttu paaru
paattedukkum sooran dhaan
vittaa podhum vaeliyai thaandum indha
veLla aattukku romba aekkandhaan

koththara saeval naan dhaanae- boiler
kOzhiyum nee dhaanae
rendum mookkum mookkum muttikittu
muththam vaikkaadhae machchaan
konjura soottOdu - rendum
nenjOdu nenjOdu - oru oosi noolu
illaama dhaan oNNaa thaikkaadhae

coucou
11th August 2006, 03:29 PM
4. Maarichcham:-
singers: carolisa,mhmd aslam,krishna
lyrics: vaali
movie: sillunu oru kaadhal
song: maarichcham

maarichcham yaadhO
indha maadhO
kaadhal theedhO
soodhO vaadhO
iNaiyaadhO udaiyaadhO
goutham goutham goutham
aei goutham
yaar idhu?
un poorvam edhu?

enna thee idhu
pugai mudi nindradhu
en yaakai uyir
veLi nindradhO
minnal ore aayiram
uyir kondadhO
thaejO mayam
maarichcham yaadhO

thaejO
thaejO mayam
thaejO mayam
yaaga mayam
thaejO mayam
jenmaandhiram
thaejO mayam
shaakunthalam
thaejO mayam
thaejO mayam
maayasanam
thaejO mayam
brahmaasthiram
mayam
brahmaasthiram
mayam

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/69447

MusicIsLife
12th August 2006, 04:23 AM
[tscii:015c6f5c45]Most people don’t have the time to sit down and listen to good music.

Lancelot,
I kind-a agree to some extent on the some of the points you had mentioned here.. but you dont need to spend time to listen to good music, Good music always instills or extracts the time from the person to make them sit and listen.[/tscii:015c6f5c45]

lancelot
12th August 2006, 08:54 AM
[tscii:f3e2f68ef6]Most people don’t have the time to sit down and listen to good music.

Lancelot,
I kind-a agree to some extent on the some of the points you had mentioned here.. but you dont need to spend time to listen to good music, Good music always instills or extracts the time from the person to make them sit and listen.[/tscii:f3e2f68ef6]

what i ment was that, most people listen to music while driving, at work, may be at a plce where they haev lunch or somthing. i see very little people sit down an put the headphones on an relax to listen to music.
you have to do that to find the hidden gems in ARRs music.

hehe
:D

selvakumar
12th August 2006, 01:08 PM
NewYork Nagaram :D -- Just turn off your room lights and listen to this song when you are about to sleep ! :thumbsup: :clap:

Munbae vaa o.k
Other songs - Might become hit once the film releases !

coucou
12th August 2006, 03:05 PM
The son rises in the West!
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/12/stories/2006081201990100.htm

next for Mani Ratnam's Guru will be out by Diwali and the musician will also be doing his next project with Aamir Khan, Lajjo. With the audio of Sillunu Oru Kaadhal rocking the city, Chennai is all ears, all over again.
Aren't we glad the son lives down South?
:thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump: :clap:

rachel
13th August 2006, 11:21 AM
8-)

rachel
13th August 2006, 11:24 AM
8-)

july
13th August 2006, 10:03 PM
Vote for the song if u like 8-)
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/charts.php?action=all_list

baba88
13th August 2006, 11:08 PM
[tscii:4451e3d7ad]Reports about music wizard A R Rahman’s career being at the crossroad seems highly exaggerated. He has made a fantastic comeback in Tamil through Sillunu Oru Kathal.

After a none too impressive show in his last Tamil venture ‘Ah Aah’, the young but veteran music composer, who has become highly sought after in the international arena too, has come out with renewed energy in ‘Sillunu Oru Kadhal’. The spelling of its title was changed to make it more like a Tamil film to get tax exemption!

The audio released last weekend is selling like hot cakes. As per information from the two of leading music outlets in Chennai, i.e Landmark and Music World, the cassettes are fast vanishing from their shelves compared to other audio releases, and they are expecting a record sale. Rahman has come out with seven sizzling songs targeting youths. The pick of the lot are “New York Nagaram” and “Munbe Va”, and Vaali’s lyrics as usual add strength to Rahman’s work.

With several young music composers including Yuvanshankar, Harris Jayaraj, Joshua Sridhar, and many more waiting to jump into the fray, it needed a special effort from Rahman to reassert his supremacy. Rahman has responded to the pressure and has come up with a mix of melody and fast numbers.

Rahman’s other project Manirathnam’s ‘Guru’ is expected to hit the stands by Deepavali and with Sillunu Oru Kadhal rocking the city, the magician is back.

hahahahahaha ayyayo SOK mega hit album. Now come with all your critics. But the fact is it's going to create a record. [/tscii:4451e3d7ad]

coucou
14th August 2006, 12:36 AM
[tscii:1d5cc4ec0c]Reports about music wizard A R Rahman’s career being at the crossroad seems highly exaggerated. He has made a fantastic comeback in Tamil through Sillunu Oru Kathal.

After a none too impressive show in his last Tamil venture ‘Ah Aah’, the young but veteran music composer, who has become highly sought after in the international arena too, has come out with renewed energy in ‘Sillunu Oru Kadhal’. The spelling of its title was changed to make it more like a Tamil film to get tax exemption!

The audio released last weekend is selling like hot cakes. As per information from the two of leading music outlets in Chennai, i.e Landmark and Music World, the cassettes are fast vanishing from their shelves compared to other audio releases, and they are expecting a record sale. Rahman has come out with seven sizzling songs targeting youths. The pick of the lot are “New York Nagaram” and “Munbe Va”, and Vaali’s lyrics as usual add strength to Rahman’s work.

With several young music composers including Yuvanshankar, Harris Jayaraj, Joshua Sridhar, and many more waiting to jump into the fray, it needed a special effort from Rahman to reassert his supremacy. Rahman has responded to the pressure and has come up with a mix of melody and fast numbers.

Rahman’s other project Manirathnam’s ‘Guru’ is expected to hit the stands by Deepavali and with Sillunu Oru Kadhal rocking the city, the magician is back.

hahahahahaha ayyayo SOK mega hit album. Now come with all your critics. But the fact is it's going to create a record. [/tscii:1d5cc4ec0c]

source????

slperson1
14th August 2006, 12:59 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/aug-06-02/13-08-06-ar-rahman.html

rachel
14th August 2006, 05:30 AM
songs r not great... :? :? :?
i 've listened to them twice only

MADDY
15th August 2006, 09:16 AM
ARR completes 14years in TFm :clap: :cool2:

was it really worth for ARR spending so much time in TFM??

coming back to the topic, i found lyrics of sok really amazing.....as usual vaali has delivered it for ARR........

my picks:

Kummi adi - konda poovil vandu aada kummi adi
Newyork - vaan inge neelam ange, indha uvamaikku naam vilakkam aanadhu yeno
Munbe vaa - Poovaithai poovaithai
Nee poovai-kor poovaithai
Mana poovaithu poovaitha
poovaikul thee vaithai
Maaricham was on lines of fanaa......

so lyrics is really important for any album.....SOK proves that once again...

rayan36
15th August 2006, 10:58 AM
Maricaham n Machakari r rocking my HiFi, car stereo, mobile phone 8-) 8-) my friends from Punjab likes mackari and started humming the first lines :musicsmile: :musicsmile: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guess_Me
15th August 2006, 12:16 PM
Talking about the lyrics, I found some suspected nasty work by Vaali in Machakari song.

This part is sung by Vasundhara Das

"Thanneer vidu endu thottam sonnale, therinjukko nee thaan ............"

Are you thinking what I am thinking?

lancelot
15th August 2006, 12:56 PM
Talking about the lyrics, I found some suspected nasty work by Vaali in Machakari song.

Ada Paavi

hehe

sha
15th August 2006, 01:37 PM
Rahman makes 1950s music in Tamil-

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/08rahman.htm

"Munbe vaa, by Shreya Ghosal and Naresh Iyer, is good, but similar to an old Hindi film song that I can't seem to put my finger on"

which song is that >>>>>>>>>>

villan007
15th August 2006, 05:36 PM

:notthatway:

its Thanneer vidu endu thottam sollAthE...,,,, therinjiko neeyaga

Guess_Me
15th August 2006, 06:45 PM
Oh it was "Sollathe".

But still...................

MusicIsLife
15th August 2006, 07:08 PM
was it really worth for ARR spending so much time in TFM?

Maddy,
After the initial stint in TFM, ARR did not spend that much time in TFM, he made himself available for better career projects and a national/international limelight.

You seem to say, TFM is not worth for ARR, am I reading it correct?

MADDY
15th August 2006, 07:25 PM
disgression:

Maddy,
After the initial stint in TFM, ARR did not spend that much time in TFM, he made himself available for better career projects and a national/international limelight.

You seem to say, TFM is not worth for ARR, am I reading it correct?

no, i meant ARR was always out of place in TFM.....TFM cud have done without him......if he could have bcome a full fledged bollywood composer by 95, and if he cud have moved to London permanently in 99' , he cud have gone much higher in career.......instead he became thrishanku and got stuck, going nowhere.......MIL, it really pains me to see a composer of such caliber is not getting his due in TN and is compared to upcoming composers like u1 and HJ......infact in that rediff review, that lady says that HJ and YSR are better than ARR.......idhu ellam enga aalukku thevaye illa.......he has lowered himself by coming back to tfm....

end disgression

guess me, vaali wrote "cowboyin kan pattadhum playboyin kai thottadhum onraga sex aanadhu, onranga mix aanadhu" in 94'..... :lol: ......avar appadi dhan.....

Ramakrishna
15th August 2006, 11:44 PM
"Sillunu Oru Kaathal" special show on Vijay TV involving A.R.Rahman, Surya, Vaali and Krishna.You can download the video here.

http://rapidshare.de/files/29467800/SoK.Special.wmv.html

MusicIsLife
16th August 2006, 01:15 AM
MIL, it really pains me to see a composer of such caliber is not getting his due in TN

Maddy
Let us be realitic, If you consider any business (though Movie is an art form, baseline it is a business-> show business), bottom line is to make money, there are only a few people/production houses who could afford that kind of money/time, and there are those perfectionists and people who think different. ARR does take a big amount of time that lot of producers might not afford, hence they might turn out to others who could do the same job, if not the best atleast good. in that case U1 has been very good giving some good music, if not the best, his background scores are way improved and the songs are mesmerizing in some of the movies. If you see failure-2-success-# of films ratio, it is kind of low-2-high-high in case of U1. That might be one of the reasons why ARR has accepted less movies and production houses are involving him in select movies. It does not always correspond to caliber, it is hard to sell only one section of diversified culture that might suit a different trend/different tone in music.
This does not undermine anybodys talent, it is just situationally better suited for some of the musicians out there, but U1 stems out to be the best of the creed in TFM at least right now.

baba88
16th August 2006, 02:05 AM
surya said in a interview that everyone is talking of sok audio that it is a hit.

A.ANAND
16th August 2006, 07:17 AM
surya said in a interview that everyone is talking of sok audio that it is a hit.appa movieyum hit than :yes:

MADDY
16th August 2006, 09:08 AM
Maddy
Let us be realitic, If you consider any business (though Movie is an art form, baseline it is a business-> show business), bottom line is to make money, there are only a few people/production houses who could afford that kind of money/time, and there are those perfectionists and people who think different. ARR does take a big amount of time that lot of producers might not afford, hence they might turn out to others who could do the same job, if not the best atleast good. in that case U1 has been very good giving some good music, if not the best, his background scores are way improved and the songs are mesmerizing in some of the movies. If you see failure-2-success-# of films ratio, it is kind of low-2-high-high in case of U1. That might be one of the reasons why ARR has accepted less movies and production houses are involving him in select movies. It does not always correspond to caliber, it is hard to sell only one section of diversified culture that might suit a different trend/different tone in music.
This does not undermine anybodys talent, it is just situationally better suited for some of the musicians out there, but U1 stems out to be the best of the creed in TFM at least right now.

MIL, u did not get my point.......i said this bcos i think ARR's music hasnt reached/understood by many people in TN.......that's y still they place him 2nd or 3rd best in all time list........whereas the reach/popularity of ARR's music in north has been strangely terrific....he is instantly considered the only legend after RDBurman there.....

MIL, do u say that Dhoni is better than Sachin just bcos he is more important to the team now??? The comparison between a proven/tested legend and a upcoming person shuld be sensible.....u cant compare u1 and ARR on the same scales/parameters........FYI, still ARR sells more audio than YSR........YSR hasnt bought in any new trend in TFM, he hasnt cracked any sales records like ARR did with Kadhalan, he hasnt reached bollywood/international arena like ARR did in just 5 years......there's no way that ppl. can come up with statements like YSR is better than ARR or like that.......

i wonder y no one came with such statements when ARR doing gr8 and IR was going down???? i'm just vexed that y ppl. are so happy to analyse only ARR's dowtrend and disect him like this??? ARR has proved himself and he need not be compared with yet-to-prove ppl. like yuvan......that's my point......

Dragun
16th August 2006, 10:14 AM
no, i meant ARR was always out of place in TFM.....TFM cud have done without him......if he could have bcome a full fledged bollywood composer by 95, and if he cud have moved to London permanently in 99' , he cud have gone much higher in career.......instead he became thrishanku and got stuck, going nowhere.......MIL, it really pains me to see a composer of such caliber is not getting his due in TN and is compared to upcoming composers like u1 and HJ......infact in that rediff review, that lady says that HJ and YSR are better than ARR.......idhu ellam enga aalukku thevaye illa.......he has lowered himself by coming back to tfm....

Creatively, ARR is in an enviable place since he is famous in TFM and HFM. He can do projects like Bose, Lagaan, Swades, RDB, Meenaxi in Hindi and SOK, Boys, and KKS (to name a few) in TFM. And he has gotten the occasional international project like Bombay Dreams and WOHE. So I can understand perfectly why he doesn't leave TFM.

Besides ARR, I don't really follow any composer's career. He's the only one consistently doing interesting things with his music. I listen to most albums by SEL (Hindi), HJ, and YSR, but only like a few albums of theirs. I listen to newer IR albums out of curiousity, but this is not his era.

Maybe HFMers are grateful for ARR because before him it was people like Anu Malik and Nadeem-Shravan ruling the roost? At least in the South we had IR, but they had nobody like that up North in the 80s and early 90s.

vasanth2006
16th August 2006, 12:06 PM
i wonder y no one came with such statements when ARR doing gr8 and IR was going down????

Maddy,

i hope u r follower of ARR. then u could have read kumudham, AV magazines and tamil media's craze reviews of ARR's earlier albums. they praised ARR top most. there were hot discussions about IR vs ARR in kumudham. i still remember that discussions.

definitely the total tamil media is supported and hyped ARR.
they critisized the downfall of IR. that is the fact. i knew very well these because at that time i am great ARR fan.
IMHO, The Tamil media's initial hype only put the road for this legend's success. tamil films is the one which is identified ARR to lime light. since ARR is gem personality, he will not forget the roots.

MADDY
16th August 2006, 12:35 PM
i wonder y no one came with such statements when ARR doing gr8 and IR was going down????

definitely the total tamil media is supported and hyped ARR.
they critisized the downfall of IR. that is the fact. i knew very well these because at that time i am great ARR fan.
IMHO, The Tamil media's initial hype only put the road for this legend's success. tamil films is the one which is identified ARR to lime light. since ARR is gem personality, he will not forget the roots.

vasanth, i must appreciate that u have lot of patience......

i dunno which Tamil media u r talking abt???? tamil media outrightly rejected him when he hit the scene......within 2 months of roja hit, there was a article in "maalai murasu" saying that ARR drinks too much and is always in female company and doesent respect producers.......its a well known fact that so called geniuses of tamilnadu - subbudu (god, i hate this guy like i hate pakistanis), Madan (very subtly) , Kamal hassan and many others including sathyaraj shred ARR into pieces and maintained that IR was the best thing happened to humanity.......AV even put down a gr8 album like karuthamma.........then, when ARR became a huge name in North and when he was becoming a global figure, tamil media realised that this guy is huge and forcibly stopped themselves from criticising him..........tamil media has been the most unkind to ARR......ARR made them fall at his feet with his keyboard.....now ith yuvan-power recharged they are going all out on ARR again......

vasanth2006
16th August 2006, 01:14 PM
Maddy,

first up of all, u should understand the basic thing like every successfull person will have +ve feedback and -ve feedback. i think u taken the -ve feedback completely and somehow u missed the +ve feedback.

the tamil media means kumudham, AV, HINDU, indian express, thina mani, some extend thina thanthi. i remember that there were many articls published in kumudham and AV about ARR . for example there was "ISAI PUYAL in Tamil Cinema" article in kumudham or AV. i forgottan. u should not take "malai murasu" seriously. single album criticizing(karuthamma) will happen 4 every MD. u didnt see any IR album criticizing? ( for "kasi" they did).

subbudu -- he is the carnatic guy who likes carnatic very much. may be in his point of view, ARR has not depth in carnatic ragas and has potential in sound effects only.
kamal -- simply he is hardcore fan of IR . he like raja style music only. not other styles. taste will differ. kamal once said that "tamil media or cinemakku venummna avar(ARR) enkernthu suttarnnu theriyama rukkalam. naan oru periya liste tharuven.".

the same thing happenning for u1 now.

mahen1
16th August 2006, 02:10 PM
If ARR just give huge hits to TFM than HFM, for sure TFM will stand behind ARR forever. ARR did give alot of Beautiful and inovative songs to TFM untill he become famous in HFM. After that, He gives his best to HFM and put average effort to TFM. Yet his albums became hit in TFM. And he humiliated TfM by Dubbing those HFM songs to TFM. Those became hit in TFM as well. In the past 2 years ARR gave his best to TFM only when they make movies in Tamil and Hindi simultaniously (like Ayutha Eluthu). But Hindi people claiming Hindi is the Original version.

When ARR do musical programe in foreign countries 80% of the songs are Hindi songs. Even though original version is tamil (ARR's early Albums Roja, Bombay). Hindi people dont even beleive original version is Tamil song. They are claiming its Hindi song and we dubbed it to Tamil. When they do a TV programe about Indian movies in foreign language sure they are playing ARR songs.. but in Hindi even though original is tamil.

ARR is only making Hindi music become famous in foreign countries not Tamil music. In all the interviews given by ARR to foreign media he never mention about Tamil movies. He only talks about Hindi movies. He only says he started his career in Madrass (Not tamil nadu) and with Maniratnam's Roja (He dont even mention the word TAMIL). He never says that he is a Tamil.

If ARR is dedicated to Tamil non of these new MDs would have become famous in TFM. TFM would be praying ARR as god and forgoten Ilayaraja. People still love Ilayaraja because he is dedicated to Tamil(I admire him for that reason too). Now to take back his possition in TFM ARR has to face the Challenge... There are lot of new talents in TFM like HJ, YSR, Vijey Antony, Joshua Srider. Yes, they are new..but they are giving quality songs.

But after a long gap ARR has given a beautiful Tamil Album. We must appreciate that. And hope he will give more to Tamil than Hindi. Then we will all stand behind ARR.. atkeast when doing programes in Uk, US Australia give more Tamil songs than Hindi songs.

Ramakrishna
16th August 2006, 04:51 PM
If ARR just give huge hits to TFM than HFM, for sure TFM will stand behind ARR forever. ARR did give alot of Beautiful and inovative songs to TFM untill he become famous in HFM. After that, He gives his best to HFM and put average effort to TFM. Yet his albums became hit in TFM. And he humiliated TfM by Dubbing those HFM songs to TFM. Those became hit in TFM as well. In the past 2 years ARR gave his best to TFM only when they make movies in Tamil and Hindi simultaniously (like Ayutha Eluthu). But Hindi people claiming Hindi is the Original version.

When ARR do musical programe in foreign countries 80% of the songs are Hindi songs. Even though original version is tamil (ARR's early Albums Roja, Bombay). Hindi people dont even beleive original version is Tamil song. They are claiming its Hindi song and we dubbed it to Tamil. When they do a TV programe about Indian movies in foreign language sure they are playing ARR songs.. but in Hindi even though original is tamil.

ARR is only making Hindi music become famous in foreign countries not Tamil music. In all the interviews given by ARR to foreign media he never mention about Tamil movies. He only talks about Hindi movies. He only says he started his career in Madrass (Not tamil nadu) and with Maniratnam's Roja (He dont even mention the word TAMIL). He never says that he is a Tamil.

If ARR is dedicated to Tamil non of these new MDs would have become famous in TFM. TFM would be praying ARR as god and forgoten Ilayaraja. People still love Ilayaraja because he is dedicated to Tamil(I admire him for that reason too). Now to take back his possition in TFM ARR has to face the Challenge... There are lot of new talents in TFM like HJ, YSR, Vijey Antony, Joshua Srider. Yes, they are new..but they are giving quality songs.

But after a long gap ARR has given a beautiful Tamil Album. We must appreciate that. And hope he will give more to Tamil than Hindi. Then we will all stand behind ARR.. atkeast when doing programes in Uk, US Australia give more Tamil songs than Hindi songs.

Dude, Hindi is a more popular language than tamil.
Hindi represents the whole of India whereas tamil represents only TN.So when he goes abroad for concerts representing India it is obvious that Hindi songs take the priority.But still he includes some of his tamil songs(humma humma in tamil in US concert sung by him) which shows that he has not forgotten his roots.
But i think for a music composer, language does not matter.Music coming from any musician's Keyboard or any instrument for that matter does not signify any language.

MADDY
16th August 2006, 06:17 PM
Mahen1, i guess Ramakrishna has a valid point.......also, if someone from NY asks u where r u from, then answering "Dr.Subbaraya Nagar,Kodambakkam" wud be weird isn't it?? also, how wud xpect a american/britisher to know abt Kizhakku cheemayile???

also, tamil media started criticising him well b4 he moved to Hindi.......so i dunt think ARR's stay cud have made any difference to tamilians' attitude that IR is/was/will be the best......

mahen1
16th August 2006, 06:19 PM

Hindi represents the whole of India whereas tamil represents only TN.So when he goes abroad for concerts representing India it is obvious that Hindi songs take the priority.But still he includes some of his tamil songs(humma humma in tamil in US concert sung by him) which shows that he has not forgotten his roots.
But i think for a music composer, language does not matter.Music coming from any musician's Keyboard or any instrument for that matter does not signify any language.

Why Hindi is more popular than Tamil? Tamil is the mother language of all languages. Why cant they make Tamil more popular than Hindi? Arguably ARR is the best MD in India. And he is a Tamil. If people like ARR, Maniratnam dedicated to Tamil.. ok If dedication is too hard atleast give priority to Tamil language, Tamil will become popular than Hindi. By The Way in Sydney hama hama was played in Hindi and even old Tamil songs was played in Hindi. For the Tamil speaking people, our only satisfaction is ARR sung the Ah Ah song himself in Tamil.

mahen1
16th August 2006, 06:23 PM
Hindi doesnt represent hole of India. It is India.. NOT "HINDI"YA?

mahen1
16th August 2006, 06:24 PM
Hindi doesnt represent whole of India. It is India.. NOT "HINDI"YA?

slperson1
16th August 2006, 06:48 PM
Hindhi does represent the whole of india becuz its indias official language.language of the capital and more people know hindhi in india than tamil.hence it is given priority which makes sense.

MADDY
16th August 2006, 07:04 PM
mahen, sadly size matters......though Tamil is one of the best languages in the world, less ppl. speak tamil than hindi.......Hindi is mother tongue for more than 4 states in India....Hindi is one of the most widely spoken languages in the world.....

http://www.krysstal.com/spoken.html

Hindi is at 3 and Tamil is at 17.........i dont think ARR and Maniratnam are bigger than the system to change it......

moreover, bollywood is arguably the biggest film industry in the world.. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bollywood

bollywood is as much as ours as much as northies'........take out contributions of vaijyanthimala, Guru dutt,Ram Gopal varma, Maniratnam, ARRahman, Kamalhassan, Hema Mailini, Sridevi, Priyadarshan, countless IR songs which were copied and millions of telugu/tamil scripts which were lifted then bollywood becomes hollow....... India is ours, so is Bollywood

Ramakrishna
16th August 2006, 07:17 PM
This is ridiculous. What priority is he not giving to tamil? Can u please explain. He is still doing tamil films regularly. He has big projects like Sivaji, JoK, Gf.What more do u want?
You can argue that he has more hindi films on hand than in tamil.But thats not his mistake.He doesn't keep going asking for chance in Bollywood.The directors there who are fond of him have signed him up. There are many talented directors in Tamil too like Selva, Bala, Cheran, Vishnu, Gautham and so on. But do u expect him to go to them begging for chance? He is a bigger icon than these directors. But they are satisfied with people like Yuvan, Vidyasagar, DeviSri Prasad. What can Rahman do ?

mahen1
16th August 2006, 07:29 PM
Mahen1, i guess Ramakrishna has a valid point.......also, if someone from NY asks u where r u from, then answering "Dr.Subbaraya Nagar,Kodambakkam" wud be weird isn't it?? also, how wud xpect a american/britisher to know abt Kizhakku cheemayile???

also, tamil media started criticising him well b4 he moved to Hindi.......so i dunt think ARR's stay cud have made any difference to tamilians' attitude that IR is/was/will be the best......

Criticism is important to any artist. Real artist use criticism to improve there work. I am sure ARR did that too. "if someone from NY asks u where r u from, then answering "Dr.Subbaraya Nagar,Kodambakkam" wud be weird isn't it??" Logic didnt match what I wrote. Insted I will give an example.. Say an Indian scientist wanted to proove he is the best in the world. He went to US and challenged us scientists and prooved that he is the best of them all. But US allowed him to stay in US and claimed He is an American. And that scientist didnt bother aobut that comment.

"so i dunt think ARR's stay cud have made any difference to tamilians" -The word Tamilians (Tamils) includes ARR. Dont forget he is a Tamil too.

IR has done so much to Tamil music and has given some unforgetable songs. During his days, his music was inovative (like ARR these days) and was giving beautiful music to Tamil movies. And during his days no other MDs in Hindi or other languages match IR and arguably IR was the best MD in India. He gave pride to Tamils. Ofcourse tamils will remember IR forever. There is no doubt IR is a great MD. If ARR does that..they might keep him on top of IR. Maddy, Bollywood became famous because of ARR. Without ARR no one would have look at Bollywood.

Jacky
17th August 2006, 02:22 AM
Directors who could extract good music like Bharatiraja, KB, Vasanth, Rajeev Menon, Kathir have become extinct species in kollywood. Mani has moved to Bollywood and Shankar makes one film in 2 years. And then there are the gangs of kollywood like IR-Bala, ysr-selva and gowtham-HJ, bharadwaj-charan which means ARR will invariably be doing a KSR or SJS movie or for some newcomer. I think the time is right for him to quit TFM and concentrate only in hfm where he enjoys better camaraderie with directors.

Dragun
17th August 2006, 03:17 AM
The directors that ARR has given good music to in Tamil are either not making films now (KB, Rajeev Menon etc.) or are only making occasional films (MR, Shankar). In Bollywood he has a good rapport with filmmakers like Shyam Benegal, Ashutosh Gowariker, and hopefully now Rakesh Omprakash Mehra. He'll also probably have the occasional Subhash Ghai or Raj Kumar Santoshi film. Not to mention Aamir Khan's support. RGV's films are not musically oriented anymore.

I want to think this is cyclical, but is there a place for ARR in an industry of Cheran, Linguswamy, Vishnuvardhan, Saran, Murugadoss, etc.? Maybe Cheran-ARR could be similar to Bharatiraja-ARR. And I hope that Bhagyaraj's Sakarakatti actually gets made with ARR.

I don't want him to quit TFM, since I'd miss his presence. But I wonder if ARR isn't pricing himself out of reach of many Tamil filmmakers? If SOK turns out to be a hit, maybe his reputation in TFM will be renewed. But how long can he do the same old love stories and hero films that Kodambakkam churns out? Where are the good directors?

I have not seen a Tamil film since Anniyan or a Hindi film since RDB, though there are a few like Omkara I'd like to see. Frankly, if it wasn't for ARR I probably wouldn't follow Indian cinema at all.

sanchay
17th August 2006, 04:34 AM
Srilankan tamils have also loved ARR music !

thineshan54321
17th August 2006, 05:34 AM
Hey ya, I am also a Sri Lankan and all of my sri lankan friends love Rahman. Boys was such a hit back in Sri Lanka, I am in Canada tho.

lancelot
17th August 2006, 05:56 AM
sanchay and thineshan54321
welcome.. am also from SL.... SOK is rocking over here..

i went to Music World yesterday, they said that after a while a tamil album is selling so well... they were thrilled

ARR ROCKZ

hehe

mahen1
17th August 2006, 07:29 AM
Hindi is at 3 and Tamil at 17. Why? Because Tamils are easily changing their language and culture. Originaly 80% of the indian fijians are Tamils. But now almost 100% speaks Hindi..In India Hindi represents whole India..so many tamils who moved to North changed their language and dont speak tamil anymore. And if there is no DMK or Aringner ANNA no one would have been speaking Tamil by now. In Srilanka they have adopted singala and people who resist that are getting and will be killed within 10 years. Malasia Singapore either adopting english or Hindi...

thineshan54321
17th August 2006, 08:13 AM
Hey Lancelot! In Canada too, the audios r selling very fast. I go to this store to rent nadagams every two days for my mom since I am on summer holidays. Everyday I see it dissappear, it is very rare to sell like this here. Truly, amazing songs, hope they release 5.1 retail soon, I really need it. I listened to both Boys and Godfather. WOW! Brilliant.

MADDY
17th August 2006, 09:00 AM
Hindi is at 3 and Tamil at 17. Why? Because Tamils are easily changing their language and culture. Originaly 80% of the indian fijians are Tamils. But now almost 100% speaks Hindi..In India Hindi represents whole India..so many tamils who moved to North changed their language and dont speak tamil anymore. And if there is no DMK or Aringner ANNA no one would have been speaking Tamil by now. In Srilanka they have adopted singala and people who resist that are getting and will be killed within 10 years. Malasia Singapore either adopting english or Hindi...

Mahen, i'm an Indian first and then only my mother tongue comes.......for me Tamil will never die, also , big doesent mean great.......Hindi is big but not great........for any language related comments, send a presonal msg to me :D .......lets leave this thread.....

jacky and Dragun, u guys hit the nail on the head.......there are no good directors in Tamil who will want ARR now.........only SJ.Suryah will use ARR in all his movies.......the most disturbing thing is that even shankar wanted HJ for Shivaji, it was AVM's pressure which bought ARR in........so its better that ARR leave TFM now.........look at Bollywood, picture looks rosy:
Maniratnam ,Ashutosh Gowariker, Aamir Khan, Raykesh Mehra, Shah-rukh Khan (met him in London for their next farah khan film), Shyam Benegal, Rajkumar Santoshi, Ahmed Khan, Subash Ghai........boss its logic that ARR leaves TFM.......

Dragun
17th August 2006, 09:55 AM
.........look at Bollywood, picture looks rosy:
Maniratnam ,Ashutosh Gowariker, Aamir Khan, Raykesh Mehra, Shah-rukh Khan (met him in London for their next farah khan film), Shyam Benegal, Rajkumar Santoshi, Ahmed Khan, Subash Ghai........boss its logic that ARR leaves TFM.......

I don't think SRK particularly cares like Aamir does. Sure, ARR's done a few SRK films, but its not like he insisted on him.

Is it true that ARR turned down Main Hoon Na? Hindsight is 20/20...

MADDY
17th August 2006, 10:27 AM
I don't think SRK particularly cares like Aamir does. Sure, ARR's done a few SRK films, but its not like he insisted on him.

Is it true that ARR turned down Main Hoon Na? Hindsight is 20/20...

i dunt know abt Main hoon na but ARR surely turned down Darr, which is y till date chopras dont even look at ARR for their movies......i'm really happy that he is not working in those crappy veerzaaras and dil to pagal hais.....

SRK is very keen to work with ARR.....he has told that in a couple of fimfare interviews......but again he doesent demand his producers or directors like Aamir does......

mahen1
17th August 2006, 10:58 AM

Ramakrishna - ARR doesnt ask chance in Bollywood or TFM (he dont need to ask). But when directors approach him, he can give priority to TFM and do more projects for TFM than HFM. I am sure lots of Tamil directors will signup ARR if he is not too busy in Hindi to accept Tamil projects.

OK say..ARR wanted to proove he is the best MD in whole India. So he went to HFM to proove that no one in HFM can match his music. And undoubtly he has achieved that. ARR is the best in India. And now he went even further and prooved his talent even in Holywood. Not only India whole world is looking at him. Now..you cant find a better time.... if ARR come back to TFM and give priority to Tamil music than Hindi (do more projects in Tamil) TFM will become popular too.

I know HFM has no originality. Grab stories and music from all other languages and become famous. Then claim its Original work and degrade the original work.

MADDY
17th August 2006, 11:56 AM
I know HFM has no originality. Grab stories and music from all other languages and become famous. Then claim its Original work and degrade the original work.

dude, atleast we will not be like that north indians who stereotype people........dont generalise Bollywood as a whole....there have been gr8 movies/music from there too.......IR was a big fan of naushaad and other hindi MDs......

boss, gimme the list of directors who want to work with ARR in Tamil.....actually its none.....A-grade directors in tamil as of now IMO:

1. Gautam -> will never come to ARR leaving HJ
2. Bala -> No to ARR, yes to YSR and IR
3. Cheran -> wont touch ARR even
4. Selvaraghavan -> his fav. is ARR but will he work with him in a tamil film?
5. Murugadoss -> Aamir khan forced him to accept for ARR for Ghajini remake and that too not sure till now....HJ mite come in....
6. KSR -> gave him the slip in 10A
7.Lingusamy-> will not approach ARR..

yes, ARR can work with perarasu, simbudevan, and others if he wants.......is that what we want??

MusicIsLife
17th August 2006, 12:24 PM
MADDY
didnt SRK work with ARR for one of his home productions?

sanchay
17th August 2006, 03:10 PM

i went to Music World yesterday, they said that after a while a tamil album is selling so well... they were thrilled

ARR ROCKZ

hehe

Where??? Colombo or Jaffna?

sanchay
17th August 2006, 03:20 PM
Visitor reviews of Sillunnu oru Kadhal music

http://www.behindcinemas.com/behindcinemas/readreview.aspx?pg=1&set=0&flag=0&movie=Sillunu-oru-kadhal

lancelot
17th August 2006, 05:10 PM

ARR ROCKZ

hehe

Where??? Colombo or Jaffna?

Colombo obviously... hehe

hehe

thineshan54321
17th August 2006, 07:59 PM
Guys, does anyone know exactly why shankar didnt take Rahman for Anniyan. And its true that Shankar wanted HJ? WTH is wrong with him? Why take the duplicate when the original is readily available?

sureshmehcnit
17th August 2006, 10:35 PM
Better late than Never

My opinion on JOK album

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/08/jillunu-oru-kadhal-soundtrack.html

baba88
17th August 2006, 11:26 PM

dude, atleast we will not be like that north indians who stereotype people........dont generalise Bollywood as a whole....there have been gr8 movies/music from there too.......IR was a big fan of naushaad and other hindi MDs......

boss, gimme the list of directors who want to work with ARR in Tamil.....actually its none.....A-grade directors in tamil as of now IMO:

4. Selvaraghavan -> will ask who is ARR
5. Murugadoss -> Aamir khan forced him to accept for ARR for Ghajini remake and that too not sure till now....HJ mite come in....

yes, ARR can work with perarasu, simbudevan, and others if he wants.......is that what we want??

Q: who is your favorite Music Director ?
Selvaraghavan: A.R.Rahman

http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/10selvaraghavan-transcript.asp

Hahahaha so stop writing s#*! like that.

mahen1
18th August 2006, 10:39 AM
Well said Baba..
Yes maddy.. Almost every director in TFM wants to work with ARR.. But it is ARR who doesnt wants to work with them and got stuck with Hindi. ARR only wants to work with big directors like Shanker, KSR and SJ in Tamil movies. Maniratnam got stuck with Hindi too.. For TFM new commers are doing well at the moment..but ARR dont want to work with them. He loves Hindi so much than Tamil. Only other option left for TFM is YSR and HJ.

Bala's movies are slow paced. I think IR's music suits his style movies. But if ARR is willing to work with Bala, he can try a movie with ARR. But if it fails, he cant get IR back (I guess). May be thats what concerning him.

MADDY
18th August 2006, 12:12 PM
http://www.chennaionline.com/chat/celebchat/10selvaraghavan-transcript.asp

Hahahaha so stop writing s#*! like that.

pls check my edited post now :D

guys, i feel ARR is better off in bollywood cos for me working for Bollywood doesent mean he is insulting/cheating tamil and that's abt it......

MIL, no SRK hasnt roped in ARR for any home production cos his home productions were always either with Juhi or Karan johar.....he hasnt produced any movie on his own....

Jacky
18th August 2006, 12:42 PM
Maddy, I am not sure about Tamil films but selva is going to work with ARR for his hindi film Macbeth. Just read latest issue of AV which has a Rahman interview.

ansa400
18th August 2006, 04:00 PM
Maddy, I am not sure about Tamil films but selva is going to work with ARR for his hindi film Macbeth. Just read latest issue of AV which has a Rahman interview.

Selva workin with ARR for a hindi film? Nice to hear that. Can u post that article pls..?

ansa400
18th August 2006, 04:07 PM
Guyz! SOK is really good one from ARR. I've listened to it only 3or 4 times online( Im dying to get the CD here), still it rocks!! Initially only new york, jillunu and munbe was nice, but I knew it'll be a typical ARR album and will grow on me and its exactly the same. The songs Kummi adi and Machakari are 2 good and the other songs r also gowin. At the same time I dont like ppl say it is better than GF. I still feel GF will be a huge hit once the film releases. Its got variety. Neways SOK rocks big time!!!!

Jacky
18th August 2006, 04:58 PM
Ansa400,
http://www.vikatan.com/av/2006/aug/27082006/av0505.asp
Requires a paid subscription.

Djpak
18th August 2006, 05:56 PM

4. Selvaraghavan -> his fav. is ARR but will he work with him in a tamil film?

Selvaraghavan and ARR comming together in hindi movie soon, someone say it has been written in the latest Vikatan Interview ! A.R.Rahman have confirmed ?

stone cold
19th August 2006, 08:11 AM
Article from Indiaglitz.com

Content:

SOK rocks
IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 18, 2006]

A R Rehman has done it again. His latest release Sillunu Oru Kadhal (SOK) has been doing a brisk business. The audio cassettes are disappearing fast from the shelves of the audio shops.

Sillunu Oru Kadhal, directed by debutant N Krishna, produced by Suriya's cousin Gnanavel, stars Surya, Jothika and Bhoomika Chawla in pivotal roles. Cinematography is handled by R D Rajasekhar while the editing is handled by Anthony. The film has seven songs composed by Rehman with lyrics by Vali.

The song Kummi Adi rendered by Seerkazhi Siva Chidambaram, Swarnalatha, Naresh Iyer, Theni Kunjaramma and master Vignesh have already topped charts. Also New York sung by Rehman himself is also a popular number in the album. The likes of S P B Charan, Shreya Ghosal, Shankar Mahadevan and Vasundhara Das have sung in this album. The music was released on 3 August by Star Music.

Link: http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/24600.html

Scale
21st August 2006, 10:33 AM
Heard SOK, For a moment I was confused whose movie is this Surya or SJS movie. I have totally lost interest on this debutant director & his movie as most of the songs are seducing nos.. I never remember such an album from ARR. Disappointing. Newyork nagaram & Munbe Vaa certainly rocks and a saviour to this album.

(p.s: Damn! its been more than a month I missed Forum Hubbing . Just recovering from a surgery)

naangu kannadi suvargalukkulle naanum meluguvarthiyum thanimai thanimayo! kodumai kodumaiyo!!

Hulkster
21st August 2006, 11:41 AM
Scale Thats because the movie is hugely romance oriented and surya and jyothika get married in this movie so theres a huge overtone of seduction here..you must remember that ARR can only give songs that suit the screenplay of the movie.

I thought the jazz oriented theme song was quite refreshing to hear...dunt you think that should go up with Newyork and Munbe vaa? :?

MADDY
21st August 2006, 12:19 PM
(p.s: Damn! its been more than a month I missed Forum Hubbing . Just recovering from a surgery)

hey scale.....nice to see u back.........i was looking out 4 u......hope u have recovered......wat man, u didnt like sok??? it was pretty gud i thought..... :D

Nerd
22nd August 2006, 02:33 AM

The hub was missing you naNbA, I wish you a speedy recovery !!

NOV
22nd August 2006, 10:45 AM
I bought the CD for my outstation trip lstening over the weekend. Listened to all the songs a few times. My conclusion?

ARR proves once again that he is a leader. Was totally amazed with his experimentation. No one, but no one, will dare experiment unless he is totally confident about himself. ARR proves once again that he is special.

My fav: jillendru oru kaadhal... :thumbsup:

thamizhvaanan
22nd August 2006, 11:57 AM
Heard SOK, For a moment I was confused whose movie is this Surya or SJS movie. I have totally lost interest on this debutant director & his movie as most of the songs are seducing nos.. I never remember such an album from ARR. Disappointing. Newyork nagaram & Munbe Vaa certainly rocks and a saviour to this album.

naangu kannadi suvargalukkulle naanum meluguvarthiyum thanimai thanimayo! kodumai kodumaiyo!!hi scale... nice to see u again. I was really wondering why u were absent for such a long time :D wish you a speedy recovery.
By the way, I also had similar thoughts like u abt the album, but the master just keeps on outwitting us. No matter how apprehensive you are, his songs are much more than what it appears on the first few listenings. Now, I have started liking this album and started humming some of the songs regularly, especially "jillendru oru kadhal" I've been humming that song from the morning :D .

vijayr
23rd August 2006, 03:59 AM
Keith Peters, Rahman's bassist talks
http://www.hindu.com/mp/2006/08/23/stories/2006082300640800.htm

dinesh2002
23rd August 2006, 08:37 AM
Nuvvu Nenu Prema (2006)
MUSIC: AR. Rehman
CAST: Surya, Jyothika , Bhoomika

TRACK LISTING:

Ammadini Chusesthi
Sheeragali Shiva, Chidhambaram, Naresh Iyer

Preminche Premavaa
Shreya Ghoshal, Naresh Iyer

Newyork Nagaram
AR. Rehman

Jil Jillumanna Prema
Tanvi

Maja Maja
SP. Charan, Shreya Ghoshal

Bangaraani
Shankar Mahadevan, Sunitha Sarathi

Gaandharavam
Sayanora, Keroleesa, Aslam, Krishna

http://www.raaga.com/channels/telugu/movie/A0000820.html

MADDY
24th August 2006, 03:40 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/3595/

SOK still at no.1.... :D ......

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/ut/s/26/10/

this is also pretty overwhelming..... :D

thineshan54321
24th August 2006, 05:12 AM
hey Maddy, is this based on CD sales?
If it is, then its pretty exciting to hear that SOK overtook the other four although it released much before. Without any influence from the movie, as an audio alone, SOK is the winner out of Vallavan, and VV, as all these album's movie did not release.

thineshan54321
24th August 2006, 05:22 AM
I was also wondering if its possible to get the exact number of copies sold for SOK and also other numbers so we can compare.

ansa400
24th August 2006, 03:38 PM
Guyz, I am literally bowled over by the "New york" song. Amazing song!!! I can confidently say this is the best song in recent times and can be easily compared to ARR's 1990s hits. Watta lyrics. It cant get better than this. I am hooked on to this song for over an hour non-stop, and I am not able to go to the next track!!! Surprising how 'dinesh' rated this song low in his list!!!! C'mon mann!!

dinesh2002
24th August 2006, 03:59 PM
Guyz, I am literally bowled over by the "New york" song. Amazing song!!! I can confidently say this is the best song in recent times and can be easily compared to ARR's 1990s hits. Watta lyrics. It cant get better than this. I am hooked on to this song for over an hour non-stop, and I am not able to go to the next track!!! Surprising how 'dinesh' rated this song low in his list!!!! C'mon mann!!

dunno man...can easily be said...opinion/taste differs.....the best in the album [for me] is def Munbe Vaa,Kummi Adi, Jillunu Oru Kadhal & Machakari... 8-)

MADDY
24th August 2006, 06:08 PM
hey Maddy, is this based on CD sales?
If it is, then its pretty exciting to hear that SOK overtook the other four although it released much before. Without any influence from the movie, as an audio alone, SOK is the winner out of Vallavan, and VV, as all these album's movie did not release.

no thineshan, this is based on number of listening or hits received for a song.........yaa, the top 5 albums shuld be based on sales........thineshan, yes, ARR sells more than YSR and HJ still........it will change but hasnt as of yet......

imsai
25th August 2006, 02:52 AM
:evil:

NOV
25th August 2006, 06:04 AM
Kummi adi seems to be the fav in the airwaves. However I find Sivachidambaram's voice and the old lady's voice to be aberrations in an otherwise good song.

Pleased to note usage of traditional instruments in these days of gaana and hip-hop.

But I still cant get enough of Jillendru oru kaadhal... :D

ALWAR_AJITH
25th August 2006, 05:15 PM
pls vote guyssssssssss

Malaysian top 10 :

http://thr.fm/ 05/@raaga/ chart/default. asp

Singapore top 10 :

http://www.oli. sg/top10songs. html

Surya
26th August 2006, 01:42 AM
Kummi adi seems to be the fav in the airwaves. However I find Sivachidambaram's voice and the old lady's voice to be aberrations in an otherwise good song.

Pleased to note usage of traditional instruments in these days of gaana and hip-hop.

But I still cant get enough of Jillendru oru kaadhal... :D

:clap: :clap:

My Favorite Tracks are:

Jillendru Oru Kaadhal
Kummi Adi
Munbe Vaa and
New York Nagaram!

I can't stop humming New York Nagaram! :P It's Awesome!

Scale
26th August 2006, 11:43 AM
Dudes,

Thanks for all your concern. Feeling much better....

What I felt is Rahman/Director shud have avoided any of the 2 M's out of 3's (excld Munbe Vaa) as it being repeitore after Aah Aah M'kothiye & Thazhuvudhu. Even GF's track list is bit messy with those 3 remixes...

NN rocks the best. What a mindblowing composition. Sax melts me.. The maestro himself on the vocals "naatkurippil nooruthadavai un peyarai eludhum en penu.." is out of the world.

To Dir/ARR: NN - Is this going to be in the BGM or partly pictzd as usual?

How is this album's response in B & C centres? :roll:

Thanks again.

Renault
26th August 2006, 12:26 PM
Guys, in my opinion GF was a let-down in comparison with SOK.... any thoughts on this.. if GF I liked Ilamai.. that that's about it.. while SOK has quite a few hummable songs...

Another frank opinion, ARR comeback is still not there 100%.. but SOK lot lot better than GF. mMay be he needs bharatiraja or a Maniratnam to give scores like KKS and AE respectively.

ArulprakasH
26th August 2006, 12:38 PM
IMHO ARR cameback in GF itself. I cant stop listening Katril, Innisai, Ilamai, Theeyil Vizhuntha and Kamma Karai. I am listening these songs with SOK only. GF and SOK rocks

ALWAR_AJITH
26th August 2006, 01:38 PM
PLS VOTE FOR GF AND SOK SONGS GUYSZ>>>

http://www.oli.sg/top10songs.htm

http://thr.fm/05/@raaga/chart/default.asp

ansa400
26th August 2006, 03:37 PM
Guys, in my opinion GF was a let-down in comparison with SOK.... any thoughts on this.. if GF I liked Ilamai.. that that's about it.. while SOK has quite a few hummable songs...

Another frank opinion, ARR comeback is still not there 100%.. but SOK lot lot better than GF. mMay be he needs bharatiraja or a Maniratnam to give scores like KKS and AE respectively.

I beg to differ on this. I still like GF songs, not that coz I am a fan of Ajith, but its got some good variety of songs. For me SOK or GF its all the same. Jus wait for the film to release. The only difference between SOK & GF is "New york nagaram"...

MADDY
27th August 2006, 08:51 AM
For me SOK or GF its all the same. Jus wait for the film to release. The only difference between SOK & GF is "New york nagaram"...

moreover, if GF releases one day (i hope it wud), it will become a bigger hit than SOK.....no doubts and u'll see GF's songs becoming more popular than SOK......

Renault
28th August 2006, 06:57 AM
Am really surprised with your opiion on GF songs, friends. I still think SOK is much better than GF. Hwoever I agree with Maddy that if GF sees the light, it could be a bigger hit.

vigneshram
28th August 2006, 12:44 PM
My translation of NY Nagaram ---
at
www.microvignesh.com

or direct link

http://microvignesh.wordpress.com/loneliness-sucks-a-poem/

ALWAR_AJITH
28th August 2006, 05:04 PM
- No spamming pls -

rayan36
29th August 2006, 12:56 PM
More n more of my friends are listening to GF which is becoming a slow poison that grows in to you :wink: That's ARR for you.........how come nobody talks about Maricham it's kinda good dance feel though

lancelot
29th August 2006, 04:18 PM
More n more of my friends are listening to GF which is becoming a slow poison that grows in to you :wink: That's ARR for you.........how come nobody talks about Maricham it's kinda good dance feel though

i know... thats a realy good song...i dont like the girls voice much... but other than that it realy is a good song.. specialy the part the male sings... realy cool...

hehe

MADDY
3rd September 2006, 08:23 AM
hey chennai/TN guys, r u seeing ads on papers reg SOK release??? only 4 days left for release.....

check this out:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/showtimes.asp?mid=7827&vid=5006

it is the link for buying tickets online in US.....where is it releasing in chennai??? guys, i'm really worried that V V's humungous wave mite affect SOK.....

thineshan54321
3rd September 2006, 07:57 PM
Hey dont worry about VV affecting SOK. There are people who will watch the movie just for Rahman and there are people who will watch the movie for Surya and Jyothika. Also SOK is a totally different kind of movie with a lot of romance and this will appeal to youngsters who are the main reason for film's success. The producer did a very smart move trying to move the film release date a little further, now the VV wave is a little bit calm. Dont worry guys. The songs will become two to three times more popular than VV songs even if the movie is half the hit as VV.

Ramakrishna
3rd September 2006, 09:26 PM
Actors ku cut outs vekkra maathiri namma ARR ku cutout veppaanglaa TN theatres la? :roll:

lancelot
3rd September 2006, 10:26 PM
Actors ku cut outs vekkra maathiri namma ARR ku cutout veppaanglaa TN theatres la? :roll:

hehe.. good one

hehe

rayan36
4th September 2006, 08:01 AM

i know... thats a realy good song...i dont like the girls voice much... but other than that it realy is a good song.. specialy the part the male sings... realy cool...

hehe

Yeah it'll be a lot better if it was sung by Vasunthra or Anupama :wink: but the male voice really takes it out :thumbsup: :thumbsup: THEJO MAYAM

Dragun
4th September 2006, 10:43 AM
I agree, Vasundhara would have been better. Never thought about Anupama, but she'd be pretty good too. Its the male part and everything afterwards that make me like the song.

lancelot
4th September 2006, 11:28 AM
I agree, Vasundhara would have been better. Never thought about Anupama, but she'd be pretty good too. Its the male part and everything afterwards that make me like the song.

very true..

hehe

ansa400
4th September 2006, 02:03 PM
Yeah, this song has slowly climbed up my list and I've to say this is truly rockin #, sure chartbuster. Aslam's voice is 2 cool.

MADDY
4th September 2006, 08:18 PM

y not??? for Kadhal Desam, ARR's cutout was taller then Vineeth's/Abbas's/Tabu's in Devi complex......for me that was the defining moment in TFM........i dunt think any MD from now will rise to such a demi-god status in TN......

Ramakrishna
4th September 2006, 09:19 PM

y not??? for Kadhal Desam, ARR's cutout was taller then Vineeth's/Abbas's/Tabu's in Devi complex......for me that was the defining moment in TFM........i dunt think any MD from now will rise to such a demi-god status in TN......

Vineeth/ Abbas ku kooda laam cut out vekkraangala :shock: :omg: :notthatway:

rsubras
4th September 2006, 11:44 PM
actually cut out lam oru matter eh illae........ ethanaiyo movies ran solely on ilaiyaraja's name and poster la paathi full ah avar photo mattume pottu soap poduvanga producers... and avar paadara paatu la kooda overaa avara pugahzara maathiri illa self-pugazhchi maathiri irukkum...

MADDY
5th September 2006, 07:33 AM
actually cut out lam oru matter eh illae........ ethanaiyo movies ran solely on ilaiyaraja's name and poster la paathi full ah avar photo mattume pottu soap poduvanga producers... and avar paadara paatu la kooda overaa avara pugahzara maathiri illa self-pugazhchi maathiri irukkum...

subras, for u seeing a big MD photo in movie poster was a gr8 achievement but for me seeing cutout for a MD was a big thing.......u talk abt producers putting soap to IR, do u know a guy called anbalaya prabhakaran??? he waited 11 yrs for ARR to agree for a film..... :shock: ............(though end result was parasuram), see ARR has achieved many things that IR culdnt and even if he hasnt then no problem, he is still one of the legends of indian cinema/music......FYI, the SOK ads tell "arrahman isayil SOK".......

ramakrishna, obviously, the movies cast wud have a cutout in front of theatres atleast rite??? that's y vineeth, abbbas's cutout were put up.....

rayan36
5th September 2006, 07:42 AM
Yeah, this song has slowly climbed up my list and I've to say this is truly rockin #, sure chartbuster. Aslam's voice is 2 cool.

That's the mayam of the song :musicsmile: :musicsmile:

MADDY
5th September 2006, 12:46 PM
yes rayan, Maaricham is a slow poison.....but 1 problem i had with this song was that:

its not a full blow trance song like Fanah(Yuva)......the orchestration just drops of in many places.....i know maybe surya,director wud have wanted it to be like that only......

but still song is truly mesmerising.....

rayan36
5th September 2006, 05:44 PM
yeah the ending of the song kinda drops with sanskrit words.......this song really reminds me of yaar athu from Mr.Romeo, have u rahmanias noticed :wink: :wink:

MADDY
6th September 2006, 08:15 AM
Rayan, yes, Yaar adhu was a gr8 experimentation on trance by ARR in 90's itself.......

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/25014.html

it says SOK releasing on 8th September.......i dunno where is it releasing in Bangalore???? Ramakrishna - any idea???

selvakumar
6th September 2006, 11:19 AM
<dig>
Maddy !! Rocking avatar !! :thumbsup: :D
</dig>

Scale
6th September 2006, 02:58 PM
Honestly, I didnt like Maricham... dont know why I stress in just counting the no. of times Carolisa repeated the same Maricham line.... :argh: But there were some raving reviews about this song which turned out to many of their fav's.. Enjoy guys!

I have never skipped 2 -3 tracks in an ARR album & never sticked to a song like NYN b4.

ALWAR_AJITH
6th September 2006, 05:05 PM
PLS VOTE GUYSZ>>>

MADDY
6th September 2006, 06:20 PM
SOK releasing in INOX in Bangalore.... :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :swinghead:

i have booked 2 tickets thru SMS for saturday 10:15 show..... :wink: ......

Professionalchap
6th September 2006, 06:30 PM
SOK releasing in INOX in Bangalore.... :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: :swinghead:

Hey whats the ticket rate there? And what about PVR?

MADDY
6th September 2006, 07:15 PM

i dunno the rates cos u need to pay after going to theatre......i guess it shuld be around Rs.120-150 for weekends.......

PVR is not yet listing SOK in their site......

Ramakrishna
6th September 2006, 11:03 PM

i dunno the rates cos u need to pay after going to theatre......i guess it shuld be around Rs.120-150 for weekends.......

PVR is not yet listing SOK in their site......

PVR is screening SOK. And so is Multiplex. But not sure about the timings.

Ramakrishna
6th September 2006, 11:04 PM

Its good to see Inox showing Sok. They normally don't screen tamil films. But SOK is just the 2ndmovie after VV theyare screening.

Ramakrishna
6th September 2006, 11:05 PM
:musicsmile: Machakkaari Machakkaari Machchakaari thaan :musicsmile:

Ramakrishna
6th September 2006, 11:19 PM
Maaricham song........the song sounds good in some places but at the same time not impressive in other places.

Nerd
7th September 2006, 07:41 AM
[tscii:75f5208e2b]Indiaglitz review - http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/7827.html

Rehman’s music, as we said, is a major strength. The songs convey the various shades of emotions that the story tries to explore. If the eponymous Sillenu Oru Kadhal is all jazz and brass, the New York Nagaril number is full of nuanced pathos. And all the other songs too ring sweet as seasoned honey. The background music too is very delicate, and the discerning can understand the tonal meanings and moods of master.

:clap: :clap: :clap:[/tscii:75f5208e2b]

MADDY
7th September 2006, 02:11 PM
[tscii:b89a7770ff]
Extraordinary opening!
By Moviebuzz | Thursday, 07 September , 2006, 10:28
Surya and Jyothika have got a very nice wedding gift from their fans. Their much hyped Sillunu Oru Kadhal releasing tomorrow (Sep 8) is going to take an extraordinary opening.

The advance booking for SOK in the city which opened on Wednesday was sold out by evening at all the five Chennai screens and Mayajaal in Chengalpet area. Even Surya’s biggest hit, One of 2005's biggest blockbusters Ghajini has not taken such a great opening.

In rest of Tamilnadu especially in cities like Coimbatore and Tiruchi where there is no advance booking culture, there is pressure for tickets on theatre managers to block seats. In Kerala, at Ernakulam Padma, balcony seats for opening weekend have been sold out.

The hype around the star couple will ensure that SOK will turn profitable for its buyers. [/tscii:b89a7770ff]

cool news....

rayan36
7th September 2006, 06:44 PM
[tscii:2224af4119]SOK – Initial reports suggest a dazzling outcome Sep 07, 2006

We guarantee that SOK, which is due for release this Friday, will offer you an impressive movie watching experience after quite a while in Tamil cinema. Sources who had a sneak peek of the preview reveal that every possible aspect of attraction is added to the movie and the movie is sure to set the records at box office straight.

Surya – Jo’s chemistry seemed to have worked wonders for the movie and their romantic scenes will be a viewer’s delight – as per the sources. The other charming feature of the movie is undoubtedly Rahman whose background score has outperformed his songs. The song ‘Maja Maja’ by Shreya Ghoshal an SPB Saran is already topping the charts. Vadivelu and Santhanam provide the essential country element to the movie, probably the director feared that the movie would be stamped as an urban flick fit only for A centers.

Recently Surya had to get into a verbal war with the Censor Board officials who recommended a few cuts in SOK after examining the movie for certification.

The objection was for a song sequence, which featured the couple. The alleged romantic song appears in circumstances after the couple put their kids to sleep and have their own time.

Producer of the movie Gnanavel and Surya let out protest against the Censor Board’s recommendation and declined to sever the song sequence. After deliberations, officials informed that the movie would be given a ‘U’ certification only if the song is eliminated for which Surya did not agree. Well Surya must have a point, what say? Officials later gave the movie a go ahead with a ‘U/A’ certificate.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/sep-06-01/07-09-06-sillunu-oru-kadhal.html

looks like majaa majaa is picking up to

[/b][/tscii:2224af4119]

coucou
8th September 2006, 12:22 AM
[tscii]Rahman's Jillunnu... tops Tamil albums
By IANS
Sep 06, 2006, 07:28

Printer friendly page

CHENNAI: Music maestro A R Rahman's new Tamil album Jillunu Oru Kathal is a huge hit. In fact, Rahman hasn't had such a big hit for a long time in Tamil. Few more albums have appeared, but they have nothing special to offer and the old ones continue to rule the chart this fortnight.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. Jillunu Oru Kathal - Music: A R Rahman. The title track Jillunu oru kathal and Munbe vaa, a melody by Shreya Ghoshal and Naresh Iyer, are chartbusters.

2. Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu - Music: Harris Jayaraj. Since the film has reached the theatres, demand for songs from the album has increased.

3. Vallavan - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The biggest hit from this album is “Loose penne” sung by Silambarasan and Blaze.

4. Something Something Unakkum Enakkum - Music: Devisri Prasad. The song Maane mane is one of the most popular songs of the album.

5. Aran - Music: Joshua Sridhar. After Kathal, Aran is Joshua Sridhar's big success. Especially popular is Mugilae crooned by Srinivas.

coucou
8th September 2006, 12:22 AM
[tscii:12c6e45e26]Rahman's Jillunnu... tops Tamil albums
By IANS
Sep 06, 2006, 07:28

Printer friendly page

CHENNAI: Music maestro A R Rahman's new Tamil album Jillunu Oru Kathal is a huge hit. In fact, Rahman hasn't had such a big hit for a long time in Tamil. Few more albums have appeared, but they have nothing special to offer and the old ones continue to rule the chart this fortnight.

The top five Tamil albums are:

1. Jillunu Oru Kathal - Music: A R Rahman. The title track Jillunu oru kathal and Munbe vaa, a melody by Shreya Ghoshal and Naresh Iyer, are chartbusters.

2. Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu - Music: Harris Jayaraj. Since the film has reached the theatres, demand for songs from the album has increased.

3. Vallavan - Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja. The biggest hit from this album is “Loose penne” sung by Silambarasan and Blaze.

4. Something Something Unakkum Enakkum - Music: Devisri Prasad. The song Maane mane is one of the most popular songs of the album.

5. Aran - Music: Joshua Sridhar. After Kathal, Aran is Joshua Sridhar's big success. Especially popular is Mugilae crooned by Srinivas.

[/tscii:12c6e45e26]

Nerd
8th September 2006, 12:29 AM
[tscii:963caadc2a]Sify Review - http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14285462&ctid=5&cid=2429

It is the music of A.R.Rahman that elevates the tempo & adds life to the movie. The songs are great, but they could have been picturised a little more aesthetically, especially the “Maja Maja….” song & “New York Nagaram…” , which was shot in Switzerland! The camera of R.D.Rajasekhar, especially in the “Kummi Adi…” song, shot in Rajamundry (passed off as Ambasamudram) is eye catching. The paddy fields, Sunflower gardens in full bloom, rivers and lush greenery are a visual treat![/tscii:963caadc2a]

kokarako
8th September 2006, 08:19 AM
An aimless affair -- Sillunu Oru Kadhal

Genre: Romance
Director: Krishna
Cast: Suriya, Jyotika, Bhoomika, Vadivelu, Suganya and Meenal.
Storyline: A wife learns that her husband had fallen in love and married a girl. Search begins for the old flame.
Bottomline: This romance is listless.

The most talked about movie of the year, Studio Green's "Sillunu Oru Kadhal" featuring Suriya and Jyotika, arrives only to disappoint.

It has a liberal dose of romance, (frame after frame is consumed by the lead pair), fights sprinkled here and there and a knot in the second half with the arrival of Bhumika.

What it lacks is a strong cohesive script to bind the elements.

When Jyotika and her friends express their decision to get married to men they fall in love with, one expects something interesting. But that is not to be. Gautham (Suriya) and Kundavi (Jyotika) wed, the marriage arranged by elders. The two happily settle down and even have a child (Baby Shreya).

The twist comes in the form of a diary (Gautham's) that Kundavi happens to read. It is revealed that Gautham was in love with a girl (Bhumika). He expresses the wish to `live' with her at least for a day. The two marry but the girl's father, an influential politician, intervenes and separates the couple on the day of their marriage. Gautham is bashed up and the girl is shipped off to far away Australia.

Jyotika now goes on a search mission and manages to find the girl.

Both Suriya and Jyotika look bright and bubbly playing their roles with an earnestness not difficult to achieve.

Bhumika, on the other hand, looks thin and drawn sporting a lost look.

Vadivelu provides the lighter moments but it is not hilarious. Suganya has been wasted. Baby Shreya plays a role beyond her age, nothing unusual for Tamil films. Santhanam has done a good job.

The highlight of the film is the work of cameraman R.D.Rajesekar, who captures the lead pair in an enchanting way.

Except the title song there is nothing great about the work of A.R.Rahman. Even there, the way Thanvi pronounces Tamil words leaves much to be desired. The re-recording, particularly in the college sequence and in the fights, are too loud. Director Krishna, who sparkles in the dialogue, has neglected to take care of the screenplay, and hence the film fails to take off.

S.R.ASHOK KUMAR

kokarako
8th September 2006, 08:34 AM
Check the links:
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/09/08/stories/2006090803410300.htm
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2006/09/08/stories/2006090803260200.htm

MADDY
8th September 2006, 09:37 AM
guys, guys.....i cant stress this fact more now and i need not after this pathetic review....... Hindu is nothing but English version of Dinakaran.....it is a cheap 3rd grade newspaper.......pls dont believe it.....i guess sify is more classy than The Hindu.......... :D .....atleast sify comes with a disclaimer that it is the view of the reviewer and not ehris for their articles.....

the guy clearly has seen the movie with a pre conceived notion that movie is bad......he has no good words for the movie and also no strong reasons for hating it which means he was prejudiced......

Ramakrishna
8th September 2006, 09:39 AM
Film : Sillunu Oru Kadhal
Cast : Surya, Jyothika, Bhoomika, Suganya, Vadivelu, Santhanam, Baby
Shreya, etc
Production : Studio Green
Director : Krishna
Music : AR Rahman

Sillunu Oru Kadhal (2006)

Surya being happy with the humungous hit Ghajini and Aaru (Action
Flick), for a change picked a soft love story titled Jillunu Oru
Kadhal now changed as Sillunu Oru Kadhal.

The movie impels with the nature of village where Goutham(surya)
marries Kundhavi(Jyothika). The couple is blessed with a daughter
Aishwarya(Baby Shreya). The scene immediately swaps on to their life
after six years in mumbai. The couple leads a happy love life
enjoying each and every romantic moments.

Shortly Surya peregrinates Newyork for a business venture. Now starts
the twist in their life. Jyothika while searching something finds
Surya's old diary from the attic. Which reads his life before six
years stating he is already married to Aishwarya(Bhoomika) and her
parents seperated them. It is also mentioned "Even a day of life with
her(Bhoomika) is a heaven".

Note: Even their daughter's name is Aishwarya.

Spooked Jyothika is in a turmoil and finds unyielding to react with
surya on his return. Very shortly she moves in search of Aishwarya
(Bhoomika) and meets her father. On discussion she comes to know
Bhoomika is not in the city for the past six year and she is coming
from Australia shortly. Jyothika meets Bhoomika on her return saying
she is Surya's wife and invites her to home.

Very soon Bhoomika visits their home and Surya gets shocked on seeing
her and jyothika without any reaction. Surya tries to convince
jyothika saying she was his college friend. But Jyothika is not
bothered to listen him. Series of confusion and events after this
forms the climax.

The beau Surya's love, romance, passion and anger are doozie.
Jyothika after Chandramukhi has given her best of performance. Kudos
to Jyothika. This couple's off-screen love is well picturised on-
screen. Bhoomika's role is short and sweet like her cute face.

Krishna being a debutant director has done a good job. R.D
Rajasekar's cinematography is simply superb. Songs New York Nagaram
and Munbae Vaa are well picturised. A.R Rahman's music adds more
energy to this movie. Kavignar Vaali's lyrics fit Rahman's music.
Rahman has given 8 excellent tracks out of which only 6 are screened.
Yei Machan, one additional track not included in the Music CD is a
Crackerjack. This song is screened as background music for a fight
sequence. Rahman fans shouldn't miss this track. Its pretty sure, the
Audio topping the charts now will remain the same for next couple of
months.

On a nut-shell the movie is a neat romantic love story. As the title
says its cool and chill.

Sillunu Oru Kadhal - Worth Watching!

Verdict : Hunky Dory

Source : http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/reviews/sok/Sok_Review.asp

music man
8th September 2006, 09:59 AM
Wow...Good news atlast..I was shocked on seeing Hindu's review today..The reviewer had bashed the movie like any thing..This guy is certainly biased.I would have certainly believed tat review but the reviewer had said only the title song is great..From this v can find out the extent to which his review was biased.He didn't even mention about Munbe Vaa or New York Nagaram probably the two best tracks..Friends dont believe all these reviews..See the movie and enjoy yourself..

A.ANAND
8th September 2006, 11:07 AM
Wow...Good news atlast..I was shocked on seeing Hindu's review today..The reviewer had bashed the movie like any thing..This guy is certainly biased.I would have certainly believed tat review but the reviewer had said only the title song is great..From this v can find out the extent to which his review was biased.He didn't even mention about Munbe Vaa or New York Nagaram probably the two best tracks..Friends dont believe all these reviews..See the movie and enjoy yourself.. :music man neenga sonnathu romba sari :thumbsup: ella cinema webla irunthu good review varathu :clap: :clap: hindu thavira,preview show 'ikku invitation kudukalaiyo :lol: 'ANTI ARR FANS'enna sollarangannu pappom.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kanna
8th September 2006, 11:08 AM
preview show 'ikku invitation kudukalaiyo

Invite pannama eppadi review ezhudha mudiyum?

MADDY
8th September 2006, 12:08 PM
Invite pannama eppadi review ezhudha mudiyum?

y not?its perfectly possible.....just for the heck of it anyone can write a review even without watching a movie and Hindu is such a shameless paper that they wud publish it too.......i say this cos:

1. has not properly explained y its a "Aimless affair" as he suggests.....
2. has no good words abt the movie which makes it much more suspicious........
3. doesent quote any proper scene to support his claims......

Hindu doesent disclaim too which means it is the view of Hindu paper......atleast sify carries disclaimer after every article......

Kanna
8th September 2006, 12:17 PM
Maddy,
The review is quite shocking for me too. I've not seen a disgusting review like this in recent times, that too from The Hindu. Indian Express would tear apart any bad film (Malini Mannath). But I don't think Hindu will go to such an extent of writing a review without watching it.

I think SRAshok Kumar was having some kinda headache when watching the movie/writing the review.

Renault
8th September 2006, 06:31 PM
guys,

if the review is not from Malathi Rangarajan... then it should be passed off..

She gives pretty decent reviews.

MADDY, I empathize with your feelings on the review.

rayan36
8th September 2006, 09:55 PM
What about the song that was not on the cd ????
:omg:

RR
9th September 2006, 11:03 AM
New York Nagaram is my pick and is a definite standout. I read somewhere that its being picturized in swiss alps(?!!) and not in Newyork nagaram. Hope the news is wrong. The song evokes instant visual imagery and I imagined Surya sitting in a room on one of the top floors of a New york skyscraper all by himself with candles around, while the camera hovers around him in circles slowly zooming out as it captures his loneliness. Thats just my imagination. It would be great for this song.

Saw the song yesterday on SUN Music special featuring Surya himself. It IS picturised in New York. The picturisation does start by paning the skyscrapers. Not disappointing at all. But it's almost made out to be a duet with Jyothika (surya's illusion-aam) appearing in many frames. Surya said he took great efforts to bring out the nuances in ARR's voice. The editing is kind of different - the scene changes are done using powerpoint-slides-flying-in-from-right like effect.

MADDY
9th September 2006, 03:10 PM
My 5 cents on SOK:

Naan padam paarka ponen , oru kavithai paarthu vandhen......well actually SOK is more like a poem than a movie...... a long poem maybe.........movie dangerously treads into the path of kathir movies but has a very fresh look to it.......movie is actually a new genre in tamil......feel of movie was like watching a SRK starrer Hindi movie rather than a tamil movie.....(as there are so many reviews revealing the story, i need not dwelve into it, i guess)....

1. Surya: Surya is the pivot on which the movie revolves.......he has come of age in this movie with a copybook performance......Surya shows great maturity in switching roles as a Husband, Dad, Mechanic, College student. He has shown subtle variations in romance with Jyothika and Bhoomika. The scenes showing his love for his wife/daughter, his college crush, as a hurt mechanic, his discomfort on seeing his lost love back, and a kamal-like performance in the last scene......He is a winner from this movie.....

2. A.R.Rahman: If surya is the pivot then ARR's music is the base on which movie stands.....i need not write abt songs as they already have rave reviews behind them.......BGM - ARR, simply mindblowing.......he starts of with a whistle version of title track to depict the happy family life of surya(ARR fans, dont miss it), then uses Maaricham's bits for surya's past scenes. viloin version of "rango rangoli" bit of Munbe vaa song to depict college romance is heart-melting, Hindustani bits in the flashback scenes. There is a bit song "Machan Machan" for surya's college scenes with heavy gutiar riffs which people felt was loud. But he is the king when it comes to techno BGM. As far as i could see, he has more than done his part - bringing his fans to theatres to boost the opening....

3. Jyothika: Jyothika has also given a very matured performance. She has cut down on her weight and her unneccessary bubbliness and has given a subtle performance. She has beautifully played a happy wife and then as a troubled woman in the end. We could feel her love for surya through the movie, and their chemistry rocks. This is another huge draw for ppl. coming to theatres apart from ARR and Surya.

4. Krishna: Dude, if you wanna survive in this industry, you need to make films and not poems.
a)The movie is too long for anyone's liking,
b)Spacing of songs was pathetic: People got frustrated waiting for Munbee vaa and New york songs, Machakari was placed at an irritating juncture,
c)Song picturisation was disappointing except for Newyork Nagaram which was of top quality.
To his credit he has:
a) Properly justified Jyothika's marriage to surya and their subsequent happy life,
b) also clearly come up with reasons for Surya's yearning to live with Bhoomika for a day and exit of Bhoomika from Surya's life both the times. Need to make the movie crisper.

5. Screenplay/ Editing: God, editing is the biggest let down for the movie. They can easily cut another 30-40 minutes from the movie. Surya's flashback sequence, Vadivelu's scenes, Bhoomika- Surya reunion scenes can all be trimmed a to a large extent. Also, the Surya-Jo happy family life didnt need such a large chunk of time. Screenplay/Editing has nullified a beautiful story, amazing performances, great songs and BGM.

The film needs a lot of scissor work to be done otherwise people will cut themselves going to this movie. Catcalls towards the end, people going for smoke, shifting restlessly in the seats are not at all a good sight for a movie. an edited version would be simply amazing. someone needs to put this message across to Surya & co. pretty fast otherwise the movie may not sustain its opening.

2.5/5

slperson1
9th September 2006, 10:01 PM
New York Nagaram is my pick and is a definite standout. I read somewhere that its being picturized in swiss alps(?!!) and not in Newyork nagaram. Hope the news is wrong. The song evokes instant visual imagery and I imagined Surya sitting in a room on one of the top floors of a New york skyscraper all by himself with candles around, while the camera hovers around him in circles slowly zooming out as it captures his loneliness. Thats just my imagination. It would be great for this song.

Saw the song yesterday on SUN Music special featuring Surya himself. It IS picturised in New York. The picturisation does start by paning the skyscrapers. Not disappointing at all. But it's almost made out to be a duet with Jyothika (surya's illusion-aam) appearing in many frames. Surya said he took great efforts to bring out the nuances in ARR's voice. The editing is kind of different - the scene changes are done using powerpoint-slides-flying-in-from-right like effect.

The song IS NOT pictured in NEW YORK.it starts off with the statue of liberty and skyscrapers (first 30 seconds) after that the rest of the song is in some EUROPEAN CITY!!! editing was annoying with the constant powerpoint like movement.it gives the viewer a headache. Krishna ruins a great song.

Dragun
10th September 2006, 01:11 AM
Maddy, unfortunately most Indian films are too long by 20-30 minutes. Its frustrating to watch. I think I'll just wait for the DVD on this one. Doesn't sound like its worth the $10 and half-hour drive.

MADDY
10th September 2006, 08:15 AM
Maddy, unfortunately most Indian films are too long by 20-30 minutes. Its frustrating to watch. I think I'll just wait for the DVD on this one. Doesn't sound like its worth the $10 and half-hour drive.

that's true dragun......i dunno y even these young directors are scared of movie's length and cutting unneccessary scenes???

hey, it seems they are pruning the second half, give it a try anyways.....actually first half was not that bad....

dinesh2002
10th September 2006, 08:42 AM
well, just finished watching the movie yesterday midnite show, and the movie did a fine job,im not sure y everyone is complaining bout the movie here. its something fresh after a really long gap...i think the last love movie which showed the true meaning of love was Alaipayuthey, so its a big treat like in 6 years! nothing to degrade about it.infact i was shocked the movie finished so fast...lol :lol: ...[ 11.45 am - 2.40 am ]...i think the picturisation all were fine, my most fav was ofcource munbe va, New york nagaram & kummi adi...and the only bgm i can listen in my heart untill now was Munbe Va's Flute version....gosh,i actually was wondering y ARR didnt use flute in that beautiful song and he made a BGM of that song with flute...damn damn amazing!!! :D :D :D :D

and did u guys noticed? the Jillunu Or Kadhal which plays in the credit is a diff version? i think that really sounded very nice & it has something soulful in it compared to the original version...and HEy machan song suited surya perfectly!! ARR did his job perfectly !!
Surya & Jo was needless to be commented,excellent performance by both....even boomika did her job just as fine as them....the small kid was very very cute :wink: and vadivelu's joke wasnt that bad, it did made the teather laugh out loud... and santhanam as usual with his nakkal pechu...

the only part which i was dissapointed was the camera work,nothing great done by cameraman,nothing special in the songs either,except some good styles in New York,the rest,just plain work....i really prefer Ravi K.Chandran .....

overall, nice job from a debutant director.... im expecting more from Krishna in a diff subject..

i will give it a 7/10......

NOV
10th September 2006, 09:25 AM
infact i was shocked the movie finished so fast...lol :lol: ...[ 11.45 am - 2.40 am ] :shock: :shock: :shock:

thats a world record! 8-)

MADDY
10th September 2006, 10:09 AM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp

SOK no.1 for 5 weeks now.....

Dinesh, gud that u liked the movie.....yes, actually, i was scratching my head for the last true love story in tamil.......maybe sachin but Alaipauthey was the best.....

wat is that 11:45 am - 2:40 am?? 14hrs and 55 minutes???

nilavupriyan
10th September 2006, 11:07 AM
munbe vaa rocks than new york nagaram...mainly the prelude!

Ramakrishna
10th September 2006, 11:16 AM
ARR music is ok in the movie. Infact there was a huge roar when ARR's name came up during opening credits. There was nothing of this sort for Surya.
But even though the music is fine, i am not sure whether this one will reach the masses.
Usually in a Rahman movie, the Rahman's music takes the movie forward even if the movie is not good(ex: Rhythm). But that is not the case here. I am sorry to say this.

But whatever, ARR is still my hero and i want him back.

dinesh2002
10th September 2006, 12:04 PM
infact i was shocked the movie finished so fast...lol :lol: ...[ 11.45 am - 2.40 am ] :shock: :shock: :shock:

thats a world record! 8-)

OOOPS>>>sorry....i meant 11.45 PM - 2.40 AM.... the movie's length.....sorry....was still too sleepy when i was writing it...hehe!!!!!!

dinesh2002
10th September 2006, 12:10 PM
ARR music is ok in the movie. Infact there was a huge roar when ARR's name came up during opening credits. There was nothing of this sort for Surya.
But even though the music is fine, i am not sure whether this one will reach the masses.
Usually in a Rahman movie, the Rahman's music takes the movie forward even if the movie is not good(ex: Rhythm). But that is not the case here. I am sorry to say this.

actually,ur comparison isnt right.... the reason y ARR's music cannot save SOK its becoz of the hype it created during its making...they were hyping SOK was different,blah blah blah.... and also the fact SURYA - JO,dir beeing Gautham's assistant, surya's status after ghajini,etc etc....whereelse...rhythm never created this kinda hype during its making.... so people watched the movie for rhythm as just ANOTHER MOVIE,but SOK was different,its one of the most expected film this year..... 8-)

Ramakrishna
10th September 2006, 12:13 PM

actually,ur comparison isnt right.... the reason y ARR's music cannot save SOK its becoz of the hype it created during its making...they were hyping SOK was different,blah blah blah.... and also the fact SURYA - JO,dir beeing Gautham's assistant, surya's status after ghajini,etc etc....whereelse...rhythm never created this kinda hype during its making.... so people watched the movie for rhythm as just ANOTHER MOVIE,but SOK was different,its one of the most expected film this year..... 8-)

May be u r right. Probably the hype has killed this movie.

dinesh2002
10th September 2006, 01:58 PM

hehe...any news on the movie's BO fate????

rayan36
10th September 2006, 02:27 PM
[tscii:490f75183b]Tamil Movie Review : Sillunnu Oru Kaadal

Surya and Jo in a Kamal movie

Cast: Surya, Jyothika, Bhumika, Vadivelu, Santhanam.

Music Director: A.R.Rahman

Director: Krishna

Production: Studio Green

The most anticipated movie in the recent times and it has truly lived up to its hype. Sillunnu Oru Kaadal comes as a fresh breath of air at a time when Tamil films are inundated with violence and gory escapades of gangsters. Surya and Jyothika have lived a marital life perfectly. Surya is very natural as a college going lad. His response to the college damsel’s admiration for him fills the air around him with the aroma of vanity Director has recorded the college life of youth in motorbikes perfectly.Surya is sure to sustain his position in the hearts of young girls with his performance especially in the scene when he realizes that a girl is being swept off her feet by him. Kudos to you Surya!!

A loving husband and a doting father

He is totally a transformed person when he dons the role of a loving husband and a doting father later. The director has clearly captured the moods of an upper middle class family. The Saturday night scene is poetry by itself. A visibly drunken Surya with half filled glass at his balcony, yelling ‘I love you’ to Jyothika on the top of his voice when a neighbour reciprocates his thoughts with a nod is simply delightful and so very natural. Jyothika responding to his cries with a nonchalant expression is splendid. The mood could not be captured better than this.

Surya and two marriages
Surya marries his college love Bhumika. Heading to the death wish of his uncle, he again marries Jyothika and exits Bhumika’s life. When the going is smooth, there comes Bhumika again out to create a ripple in his tranquil marriage.

A reminder to Kamal's 'Oru Oodhappoo Kan Simittugirathu'

But a diary written by Surya in his college days plays the spoilt sport and the turning point in an otherwise happy contented life. Jyothika is totally shattered when the diary exposes the wedding of Surya with Bhumika during his college days. The diary also discloses the wish of Bhumika to live with Surya just for a day. That is when she goes on a trail to find her and brings her home. Well...it totally reminds you of Oru Oodhappoo Kan Simittugirathu, the Kamal, Sujatha starrer directed by SP Muthuraman which came decades ago.

It is a little wonder how Surya and the director missed the resemblance of this important sequence between the two movies. The scene where Surya finds Bhumika in his house is an indication of how Surya has mellowed into a fine actor. The mixed emotions that traverse his face from the joy of finding Bhumika to that of a faithful husband are remarkable. Undoubtedly Kollywood can boast of rendering a good actor to the industry.

Bhumika Vs Jyothika
Bhumika has proved that she can be a good match to Jyothika in her performance. The euphoria that is exhibited by her when she finds Surya and the numerous wishes ranging from wanting to go to beach, pubs, parks and trying to fill the void of a six year gap in just a day is astounding. The instantaneous response of Bhumika, when Jyothika introduces herself as Surya’s wife is very appealing. Bhumika matches Jyothika’s wits by saying that she is already his wife before Jyothika came in his life. Hiding under a bedcover, when Bhumika talks to Surya at nights makes one crave to be her lover.

Rahman’s musical fai

A R Rahman scores the music. Songs are already a chartbuster. Back ground scores complement the emotions and moods of the sequences. True to his reputation, Rahman has woven a musical fairy tale. Majaa Majaa, Anbe Vaa and Newyork Nagaram are some of the captivating numbers. Comedy has been taken care by Vadivelu in the first half and Santhanam in the second half. Special mention should be made of cameraman R.D.Rajashekar who has portrayed the right kind of mood in romantic and gloomy scenes.

Non-breakable hands?
Late Vikram Dharma handled some of the stunt scenes. In the fight sequence, Surya appears to break the hands of the same person again and again. Perhaps editor had taken a tea break during this scene. That aside, Antony has done a good job in editing.

Final word
A beautiful story with linear narration. Special salute to the director who has satisfied the viewer in all respects. Stands out to be at the top of the heap

behindwoods.com
[/tscii:490f75183b]

Ramakrishna
10th September 2006, 02:56 PM

hehe...any news on the movie's BO fate????

This is just the third day. So, all the shows are housefull here in Bangalore. It is the same thing in Chennai too. But i don't think this is the case in B and C centres.Yesterday, one of my friends in Coimbatore said that the theatre was just 60-70% full for the evening show. I think the movie might fade out in a few days. Because i found many ppl chatting yesterday in the movie hall when i had gone. I don't think the movie has attracted the audience.

rashid2raj
10th September 2006, 03:09 PM
Jus watched "New York Nagaram" song on TV.. I don't feel it's bad, as some people in here claim! I loved the picturisation.. It's done really great, ... !! :2thumbsup: Simply love it! The reason, that some people might don't like it, is clearly cus of the hype. People are expecting something tremendous divineley.. :idontgetit:
Jus wondering when, the movie is gonna hit the floors in Denmark.. HAIJO HAIJO.. ! :?

rashid2raj
10th September 2006, 03:23 PM
btw. how is Mube Vaa, yen anbe vaa picturised?

dinesh2002
10th September 2006, 04:14 PM

for me it was just fine..... but u know,no special camera effects like Suttum Vizhi - Ghajini. its a mixure of them singging in some beautiful house/place and some scenes of them during in college or going somewhere..... its not fully used a BGM and not fully on them lip sync....hmm....hope the movie isnt a flop man...not another time for ARR's sake...!!

A.ANAND
10th September 2006, 07:58 PM
YESTERDAY I WACHT MIDNIGTH SHOW AT COLUSIUM IN K.LUMPUR.TRUST ME 100% FULL HOUSE.I THINK ,THIS MOVIE 1 OF THE BEST MOVIE SURYA'S CAREAR .THIS MOVIE IS SAME FEELING LIKE ALAIPAYUTHEY AND MAUNARAAGAM.KRISNA DID A GREAT JOB.EXLENT PERFOMANCE.OUR BOSS 1 ONE HERO 4 THIS MOVIE..WOOOOOOOOOW BGM AND SONGS ARE MIND BLOWING..INTHA MOVIELA ENNA KORA PATHANGGA INNU THERIYILA,SILA HUBBER'S INTHA TREADLA ROMBA NEGATIF REVIEW PANNARANGA..I KNOW WHO THIS GUY..1 'ANTI SURYA'VA IRUKKANUM, ILLA 'ANTI ARR'IRUKKANUM.BUY I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS GUY'S REVIEW.MEDIALA NALLA POSITIF REVIEW VARUTHU ATHU POTHUM.INNUM YAARU INTHA MOVIE PAKKALAIYO,THAYAVU SEITHU POI THEATER LA PARUNNGA..U WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE.MY RATING 8.5/10

Ramakrishna
10th September 2006, 08:30 PM
YESTERDAY I WACHT MIDNIGTH SHOW AT COLUSIUM IN K.LUMPUR.TRUST ME 100% FULL HOUSE.I THINK ,THIS MOVIE 1 OF THE BEST MOVIE SURYA'S CAREAR .THIS MOVIE IS SAME FEELING LIKE ALAIPAYUTHEY AND MAUNARAAGAM.KRISNA DID A GREAT JOB.EXLENT PERFOMANCE.OUR BOSS 1 ONE HERO 4 THIS MOVIE..WOOOOOOOOOW BGM AND SONGS ARE MIND BLOWING..INTHA MOVIELA ENNA KORA PATHANGGA INNU THERIYILA,SILA HUBBER'S INTHA TREADLA ROMBA NEGATIF REVIEW PANNARANGA..I KNOW WHO THIS GUY..1 'ANTI SURYA'VA IRUKKANUM, ILLA 'ANTI ARR'IRUKKANUM.BUY I DONT CARE ABOUT THIS GUY'S REVIEW.MEDIALA NALLA POSITIF REVIEW VARUTHU ATHU POTHUM.INNUM YAARU INTHA MOVIE PAKKALAIYO,THAYAVU SEITHU POI THEATER LA PARUNNGA..U WILL LOVE THIS MOVIE.MY RATING 8.5/10

:clap: i hope this one becomes a big hit atleast for ARR.

rashid2raj
10th September 2006, 08:45 PM

for me it was just fine..... but u know,no special camera effects like Suttum Vizhi - Ghajini. its a mixure of them singging in some beautiful house/place and some scenes of them during in college or going somewhere..... its not fully used a BGM and not fully on them lip sync....hmm....hope the movie isnt a flop man...not another time for ARR's sake...!!

THX. bro.. looking forward to it.. Well, people are comparising it very much with Alaipayuthe ! That's a good thing.. hehe..

slperson1
11th September 2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrwj6UduW-k
New York Nagaram set in NY lol man people get bored dont they??

ALWAR_AJITH
11th September 2006, 12:59 PM
me too watch sok in colisium saturday night...what to say hats off to rahman ji :thumbsup: amazing bgm by him.....nice movie...after alaipayutey this is the movie which (best love film) bgm is superb.surya jothika and bhumika done wonderful job!!!! it will be hit dun worry guys...

pls vote for sok and gf song in our hub topten :wave:

ALWAR_AJITH
11th September 2006, 01:03 PM
PLS VOTE FOR GF AND SOK SONGS GUYSZ>>>

rayan36
11th September 2006, 10:30 PM
Number in behindwoods.com :wink:

1 Sillenu Oru Kadhal

Song : Munbe Vaa

Album : Sillenu Oru Kadhal

Singer(s) : Shreya Ghosal, Naresh Iyer

Music director : A R Rahman

Feather touch melody to your ears after quite a long time from Rahman. This song renders you a blend of Ilayaraja and Rahman and the highlight being the music, which does not overwhelm the lyrics. Rest assured, this one is definitely going to be the highlight of the movie and is here to stay in the charts for months together as is habitual to a typical AR Rahman song

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Topten/top10songs/tamil-cinema-topten-song-1.html

Kanna
12th September 2006, 04:29 PM
Watched SOK last evening. The film was good, except for the last 45 mins or so, when it was dragging and audience felt restless. After all the hype and hoopla around the songs, only two of them stood out.
1) Munbe Vaa
2) Machchakkari

When Newyork Nagaram was played, the theatre was almost empty. I think the film started to drag from this point onwards. It became more poetic as someone in the hub reported (Maddy?) from that point onwards.

From a layman's viewpoint : I don't know why ARR is not coming up with straightforward tunes (which is what HJ is doing now) like Chinna Chinna Aasai, Kadhal Rojavae, Ottagatha Kattiko nowadays. The tunes seem to be more complicated to be remembered on first couple of hearings. The audience could not decipher a single word of the song Maja..There were a few comments like "ennaya idhu patta, illa vasanama". I also felt the songs are not that great when seen in the movie. It has not lived upto its expectations.

Someone commented the need for Vadivelu and Santhanam. Take my words, they're the saving grace apart from Su and Jo. The audience were roaring into laughter in every scene of theirs.

Bottomline : If at all the film succeeds, its due to the overall performance of the crew. And, if it fails, it will be due to the last 45 mins.

dinesh2002
12th September 2006, 05:13 PM
Watched SOK last evening. The film was good, except for the last 45 mins or so, when it was dragging and audience felt restless. After all the hype and hoopla around the songs, only two of them stood out.
1) Munbe Vaa
2) Machchakkari

When Newyork Nagaram was played, the theatre was almost empty. I think the film started to drag from this point onwards. It became more poetic as someone in the hub reported (Maddy?) from that point onwards.

From a layman's viewpoint : I don't know why ARR is not coming up with straightforward tunes (which is what HJ is doing now) like Chinna Chinna Aasai, Kadhal Rojavae, Ottagatha Kattiko nowadays. The tunes seem to be more complicated to be remembered on first couple of hearings. The audience could not decipher a single word of the song Maja..There were a few comments like "ennaya idhu patta, illa vasanama". I also felt the songs are not that great when seen in the movie. It has not lived upto its expectations.

Someone commented the need for Vadivelu and Santhanam. Take my words, they're the saving grace apart from Su and Jo. The audience were roaring into laughter in every scene of theirs.

Bottomline : If at all the film succeeds, its due to the overall performance of the crew. And, if it fails, it will be due to the last 45 mins.

i beg to differ on few points..... i finally found out what was seriously slack about the film,ur 100% correct on the last 45 mins.... its def a long drag and the main minus point.... ...but the music part, i think the saving fact was def the music.... not saying this becoz of im an ARR fan... but the fact the songs did explained some unsaid moments... such as Munbe vaa, New York Nagaram, and Maja Maja....

coming to the fact about ARR composing complicated tunes is def true,i noticed this ever since New,AE and up to today's Sillunu.... seriously many people never seem to understand the complicating yet beautiful scores by ARR nowdays and give huge claps for simple tune and looping by Hj and others, im not degrading them here,but seriously here is where they r standing out nowdays. im not sure y ARR never seem to get this message, i wonder what r the people around him doing, :roll: ...it makes me really angry on them not telling ARR all these simple facts that can affect his carreer... :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: they r just not concern about ARR or the fans...if some1 here can send this message to ARR or to the 'great' people beside ARR or people who has contact with him, tell him to compose just like those days, 90s style ..... 8-)

overall i hope SOK will run good and not like Ah aah ... just for ARR's sake.... im seriously tired of his movies NEVER runs well in tamil..... waiting for a good time for ARR....

untill then....people who r yet to watch SOK,do watch it.... its something refreshing afer many action movies in tamil !!! :D

dinesh2002
12th September 2006, 05:31 PM
[tscii:0396133267]FINNALY A POSTIVIE REVIEW!!! PHEWWW!!!

Movie Review : Jillendru Oru Kadhal

Producer: K.E.Gnanavel
Director: Krishna N
Cast: Surya, Jyothika, Bhoomika Chawla
Music: A.R.Rehman

Surya and Jyothika are getting married in a few days to come in real life and they marry in reel life too. In their latest film ‘Jilendru Oru Kadhal’, they are forced into an institution called marriage though they are not interested. It shows both dark and bright sides of love and romance. It also brings to light the different meaning of life at different times. You would fall in love with the very idea of love on seeing real life couple Surya and Jyothika romancing in the film.

Kundavi (Jyothika) and her friends in a village near Tenkasi think that a perfect marriage is possible only through love marriage. Kundavi fails to find a suitable man in the village while her friends settle down with ordinary people. This makes her go for normal marriage. Fate makes her marry Gautham (Suriya), who is also not keen to tie the knot.

They are the most romantic couple in Mumbai. Gautham is a leading mechanic in a car company and Kundavi also works. They lead an absolutely blissful life with an adorable child. However, Kundavi comes to know Gautham’s past through his diary. Gautham, an engineering student was in love with Aishwarya (Bhumika), daughter of a local MP, who is his junior in the same college. They get married following many romantic moments but Aishwarya’s dad takes her away and leaves Gautham hapless in the dark. Gautham couldn’t find Aishwarya and so, he marries Kundavi.

Now, Kundavi comes to know the intensity of Gautham’s love for Aishwarya. This makes the loving wife to look out for impossibility. Will her plans work? What has happened to Aishwarya? Who will get Gautham in the end? You have to watch the film to know all these unanswered questions.

Suriya’s performance in the film is commendable. He has matured a lot as an actor and the expressions on his face, as a responsible family man is incredible. The intensity of his love for Aishwarya looks real. Girls will surely love to watch him on the big screens. Jyothika is also wonderful. Her chemistry with Suriya as wife and husband is a treat to watch. The pain she goes through between her love and her husband’s past love will make the eyes of the viewers wet. Her facial expressions in the close-up shots tell more than words could explain. Kollywood will loss a gem if she stops acting after her marriage. Bhumika is graceful and full of charm. Her romance with Surya in college and the different stages she went through are cool. Vadivelu’s comedy track is small yet sweet and Santhanam is hilarious with his witty one-liners. However, Sukanya has nothing much to do.

A.R. Rehman’s music is one of the strengths of the film. His songs explore the emotional shades of the film. All the songs sound sweet and the background music is also cool. Raajsekhar’s camera work also deserves special mention. He has captured the intimate moments of Gautham and Kundavi beautifully. Anthony’s editing work is also very good.

On the whole, it is director Krishna who deserves a warm pat from the back. He has handled such a tough topic with ease. He has explored different shades of love beautifully. Film buffs should not miss this terrific entertainer.

© Copyright 2006 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/8567/1/[/tscii:0396133267]

Kanna
12th September 2006, 05:43 PM
Dinesh2002,
The BGM was very good in parts. But where it mattered, it was silent. The situation might have demanded that silence. But, for a commercial entertainer, it should not be the case. You can now imagine the state of the audience when there's a dull moment with no BGM. This is what happened towards the end. A fate of any movie's success relies heavily on the second half, particularly the climax. If you're going to screw up the vital part, then u're in for trouble. It has happened to many films in the past.

If the film is bad throughout, then u can trash it. But having done reasonably/extremely well in the first half and a good portion of second half, it's painful to see those lagging moments. VV too had dull moments, but there was never a moment without a BGM. Audience never felt let down during those moments and what followed that was a gripping climax. I'm not inviting an argument whether it was gripping or not. I'm only voicing the opinion of the majority.

In my opinion, for a commercial entertainer, audience should never "think" especially in the second half. The moment audience begins to think, the attention is gone. It should be racy either in the form of scenes or BGM. I think VV has succeeded in that part.

kameshratnam
12th September 2006, 05:48 PM
The greatest disappointment was the Munbe vaa song picturization. This is due to "sutum vizhi" song already being there in my mind.

All ARR songs are generally picturised well...but this song is bad.especially when during the 1st interlude Rangoliu"...it was bad..i thought they would have done an excellent choreo bit..

Kanna
12th September 2006, 06:14 PM
Nachunu oru vari: Bifurcate the second half into 30 mins and 45 mins. and when u swap them, what u get is a super hit film!!

Ramakrishna
12th September 2006, 06:41 PM
Our thalaivar in Surya-Jo wedding:

http://dinamalar.com/SuryaJothika/ADD07.jpg

MODS, plz do the needful

rsubras
12th September 2006, 10:14 PM
>> don't know why ARR is not coming up with straightforward tunes (which is what HJ is doing now)

yea quite true.......... i think ARR consciously avoids easy routes and goes for complex tunes (Experimenting). Probably after two years, HJ will rip Maja Maja or Maricham, add some sontha sarakku + some more masala for Gautam menon's new movie and the same S.R.Ashokkumar will awe in appreciation :) or YSR will come up with something like Jillunu oru kaathal tune for Selvaraghavan (like he did a 18 vayathil similar to Bailamore of Kadhal Virus) and make the album a roaring success

The reality is as far as Tamil ppl are concerned they prefer YSR or HJ more than A.R.Rahman, bitter to think but thatz what is happening...

Djpak
12th September 2006, 11:49 PM
10 - Imsai Arasan 23rd Pulikesi Song: Aadi Vaa
9 - Naalai Song : Oru Matram
8 - Kodambakkam Song : Ragasiyamanadhu Kadhal
7 - Thimiru Song: Manamadurai
6 - Aran Song : Poonjolai
5 - Thalainagaram Song : Yedo Ninaikkiren
4 - Something Unakkum Enakkum Song : Kozhi Vedakozhi
3 - Vallavan Song : Loosu Penne
2 - Vettaiyadu Vilaiyadu Song : Partha Mudal
1 - Sillenu Oru Kadhal Song : Munbe Vaa

behindwoods.com

A.ANAND
13th September 2006, 06:49 AM
The greatest disappointment was the Munbe vaa song picturization. This is due to "sutum vizhi" song already being there in my mind.

All ARR songs are generally picturised well...but this song is bad.especially when during the 1st interlude Rangoliu"...it was bad..i thought they would have done an excellent choreo bit..it's true mr.kameshratnam,i also dissapointing with picturization munbe va song. :confused2: ennemo vilayatu thanamala irukku :confused2: machakari song athe kathithan..erichale vanthirucchu...evalu arumaiyana 2 songs,ipaadi mattama picturization panni irukkanga :argh: dir.krishna song eppadi picturization pannanum innu neraya kos edukkanum :lol:
ana movie def.will hit but not super hit :thumbsup: vv vda sok evvalavo mell :lol:

sureshmehcnit
13th September 2006, 07:30 AM
here is my opinion

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/09/sillunu-oru-kadhal.html

dinesh2002
13th September 2006, 11:20 AM
here is my opinion

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/09/sillunu-oru-kadhal.html

no offence, but ur review is even worse than the movie....ur degrading the plus points in the movie and praising the minus points [Camera & Anthony]. well,ill take this review as " Opinion differs" and move on....

guys...any update on the movie's BO???

Kanna
13th September 2006, 11:24 AM
Dinesh, here it is
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14289174

ragu79raam
13th September 2006, 11:29 AM
munbee vaa from sileendru oru kadhal , the rhythm pattern of the song lokks like "inda sirapinai" from NAM iruvar namakku iruvar, i wonder after ten long years indias no.1 ace composer has used the same rhythm used by a little known karthik raja

kameshratnam
13th September 2006, 11:38 AM
Another Superb song of A R R which was treated very very badly was "Pongratile" from Uyire..MR who usually does an excellent job left the song just like that..

Next was Gautham who screwed up "paartha mudhal "... super sothapals of india

MADDY
13th September 2006, 02:03 PM
munbee vaa from sileendru oru kadhal , the rhythm pattern of the song lokks like "inda sirapinai" from NAM iruvar namakku iruvar, i wonder after ten long years indias no.1 ace composer has used the same rhythm used by a little known karthik raja

who is karthik raja?? and wat is NAM iruvar namakku iruvar??? :lol:

boss, ARR wuldnt even have had the time to listen to this album....

dinesh2002
13th September 2006, 02:39 PM
Dinesh, here it is
http://sify.com/entertainment/movies/tamil/boxoffice/fullstory.php?id=14289174

thanks dude..... 8-)

ragu79raam
13th September 2006, 02:59 PM
i think both kr and arr would have inspired from a same source, and Neyork nagaril resembles "EMPTY ROOMS" by ( i think SCORPIONS),i think sok has not inspired ar to give a brilliant score , even maja song looks a rehash of kya kare from rangeela , this time a bit slower, a hardcore ar fan will not accept this stuff from AR , but due to worst Music scenario it passes as a great album, u cant compare sok with jeans,MK, Alaipayuthey, uyire, kadhalan, Kadhal desam etc, it can be near Pavithra or love birds or at the most it can be said to be thenali.

rajasaranam
13th September 2006, 02:59 PM

Could be a loop :P I listened to both songs and the rhythm pattern is same 8-)

dinesh2002
13th September 2006, 03:40 PM

Could be a loop :P I listened to both songs and the rhythm pattern is same 8-)

no, wut cr*p r u guys talking about ??? come on, be realistic and stop saying cr*ppy stuff just becoz ur a fan of IR & his family....gosh,wonder when this people will ever stop...yuckz!!!

rajasaranam
13th September 2006, 04:37 PM
no, wut cr*p r u guys talking about ??? come on, be realistic and stop saying cr*ppy stuff just becoz ur a fan of IR & his family....gosh,wonder when this people will ever stop...yuckz!!!

Do you know what is rhythm [not the movie :P ] or rhythm pattern :twisted:
Or do you mean to say that ARR never uses Loops :notworthy:

rashid2raj
13th September 2006, 05:05 PM

Adai THAMBI Raguraam... Looks like nee pudhusu to this forum, illayaa ?? I'll guide you..

Pls. post your jokes here: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=7049 :rotfl:

Podaaaang !!! :roll:

rashid2raj
13th September 2006, 05:11 PM

Haha.. How many times did IR cheated people with his repeated Tabla dingudangu adi and Bongo dingudangu adi ... ? DO YOU KNOW WHAT RHYTHM pattern IS? Adhukku padhila ARR loops use pannura better - Though ARR stopped using loops in the mid 90's..

Cinefan
13th September 2006, 06:07 PM
http://brangan.easyjournal.com/

Film Review.

dinesh2002
13th September 2006, 08:23 PM

Haha.. How many times did IR cheated people with his repeated Tabla dingudangu adi and Bongo dingudangu adi ... ? DO YOU KNOW WHAT RHYTHM pattern IS? Adhukku padhila ARR loops use pannura better - Though ARR stopped using loops in the mid 90's..

NETTI ADI !!!!!!!! :rotfl:

vijayr
13th September 2006, 08:26 PM
brangan writes consistently good reviews, he is bang on about the song picturizations. If there was a court for movie crimes, the director would get 7 years RI for his Newyork Nagaram picturization attempt.

ragu79raam
13th September 2006, 10:33 PM
the truth is that tfm (not this site) has lost is quality lona ago, even the supremos are not scoring to their potential, if u say sok is ARR best , then u should hear his previous works, Even ARR will not say itis the best

ragu79raam
13th September 2006, 10:35 PM
because iam talking to persons, who loves songs instantly hear it and forget it as the film vanishes, but for sure there is similarity

netri kanae thirandalum kutram kutram mae

MADDY
14th September 2006, 04:43 AM
because iam talking to persons, who loves songs instantly hear it and forget it as the film vanishes, but for sure there is similarity

netri kanae thirandalum kutram kutram mae

tell this in a IR thread or kamal thread and see whether u'll come back to this forum...also, can u please tell me how "Newyork nagaram" resembles "empty rooms" ????

RS, i dont think ARR has used any common looops in Munbe vaa song.....all the loops seem to be developed on his own......oh, loops can only be bought and not developed maybe.... :lol:

Brangan's review was third class.....it clearly shows that the guy wrote the review well before he saw the movie......ppl. are going with a mindset that movie will not be good then i really dont think they will like it...... :cry:

A.ANAND
14th September 2006, 11:20 AM
sok can near to thenali?

A.ANAND
14th September 2006, 11:24 AM
sok can near to thenali'yaaaaaaaaaaa :hammer: theivame ragu79raam,unga kaala konjam kudunga thotu kumbithu kiren :banghead:

Kanna
14th September 2006, 11:27 AM
A.ANAND,
What's wrong with Thenali? It had some good numbers in "Jannal Katraagi..","Porkalam angae..". It's not wise to compare SOK with Thenali as they belong to diff. genres. Having said that, Thenali album is no crap

A.ANAND
14th September 2006, 11:34 AM
munbe va,new york nagaram song mathiri melodys songs kettu engga thala kitta irunthu romba nalachu,athukagathan sonnen sir...

Kanna
14th September 2006, 11:37 AM
En sir, ungaluku New, AA, E20U18 la vara melodies pudikalaya?

svaisn
15th September 2006, 05:11 AM
I saw the movie yesterday

The Movie was not very bad.... It was okay..... The reviews giveas a very bad opinion.....

united07
15th September 2006, 06:49 AM
The movie wasn't excellent but the story line is new/trendy for tamil audience....in fact it is in par with hindi movies...

The screenplay was good, narration not as good.....

BGM was EXCELLENT!

Surya, Jothika was good...

Costume wow...

Anthony's magic worked only in New York ....

Dialogue...nothing really fanciful....

Lighting and Camerawork....i don't see anything that great....quite standard for good movies...

Stunt.....exageration at times....

Choreography.....a few good moves...nothing brilliant...

zz
15th September 2006, 02:08 PM
My brother and his wife saw the move yesterday at Sathyam matnee and they said it was full house and people liked it. So I think at least the urban audience love this film which according to me is a simple, clean, good romantic story..But nothing great about it.

baba88
16th September 2006, 01:20 AM
I think Sillunu Oru Kadhal is a Hit.
It's not average or a Super Hit but it's a Hit. It had a good opening and I think it will run for a few more days. So it's a normal Hit. I can't imagine that Thimiru or SSUE could be more successful than SOK !?

thineshan54321
16th September 2006, 08:06 PM
Hey guys, I jsut watched SOK last night with my brother and two of my friends. One of my friend likes Tamil movies, but the other friend doesnt watch them. But, I told him that he has to start watching them and the first movie I took him to was SOK. He was really impressed with the scenes. He always imagined tamil movies to be worthless piece of crap. He was also amazed by the music and the picturization. His favourite is machakaari and new york because of its western feel.

I really enjoyed the movie guys. Dont listen to these dumb reviews. If you haven't watched it go watch it, and if you have already watched it once watch it again, lol. I thought the song picturization was excellent guys: Munbe Vaa was done excellently, some people were complaining about the non lip sync parts, but that was very nice, and the parts were they lip sync were even better. Machakaari deserves another mention. Although it was cut short, the picturization was still superb, especially the part where masked people chase surya and bhoomika bringing back memories of bhoomika's dad seperating them. New york was also done very nicely. I havent seen camera work and transitions like this before. Guys go see the movie now. Also I almost forgot, the maaricham club version was just excellent. This song wouldve topped charts if it was added in the audio (the club version).

Go see it, pure entertainment in the first half, pure story and sentiments in the second half.

Renault
16th September 2006, 09:10 PM
I think SEOK has fallen flat with the hype.

Has ARR's bad luck in Tamil movies of (big hits after Thenali) rubbed on Suriya's applecart... ???

Parattai.. pattha vecchittiye Parattai :):)

Renault
16th September 2006, 09:11 PM
I meant ARR didn't have any big hits after Thenali (was that in 2000?) despite some gr8 albums like Aaiyitha Ezhuthu and KKS.

MADDY
16th September 2006, 11:36 PM
I meant ARR didn't have any big hits after Thenali (was that in 2000?) despite some gr8 albums like Aaiyitha Ezhuthu and KKS.

FYKI, New was a superhit, Aa Aah, AE were average movies, Boys was a hit if u minus the hype........and the movies that flopped badly were E20U18,Parasuram,Kadhal Virus,Udaya,KKS......4/9 = 44.44%.......not bad, can someone give the rate of so called successful-MDs now??? dont forget the album hit rate is more than 80%......

anyways coming back to SOK......my parents came to B'lore and i saw SOK for the second time ......hahaa.....tell u wat they have trimmed around 15 minutes of second half........well done Krishna....now movie looks pretty sleek and upto the point......and in b'lore second week had a full house......i still have not lost hope........... :bluejump: :bluejump: :bluejump: ........ARR is finally gonna have a hit in TF..... :D

thanx svaisn and other guys with positive points....u hit the nail on head svaisn :D......SOK seems to be reversing the bad reviews :D ........and trust me guys dont believe the reviews-- watch it urself and decide........

imsai
17th September 2006, 08:25 AM
After Thenali, New was a superhit. :)

arsaregama
17th September 2006, 09:35 AM
i heard vadivelu's portion has been given a scissor !! i felt tht the machakari songs hould have been used up in some college shows r something during his college days .....the movie has picked up in sathyam .... thanx to zeesports most ppl watch the movie and cricket fever didnt work out

Scale
17th September 2006, 02:38 PM
What a bunch of pathetic loosers to claim ARR's Munbe vaa has a similar rhythm pattern to KR's NINO? If a neutral listener pays even the bit of attention to check this track he will loose every respect for these dunces who dont live upto the practical adaptations pertaining to Music world alone whereas claims themselves as a superior listeners! Crap!

We know who is new and what will be his initial post !

This section of this hub is as divine as his composition. Please dont poke your nose with a filthy intention and gets spoiled.

Maddy, Havent watched SOK & VV yet. But I have been telling 2006 will be a year of hits for ARR. RDB rewrites his presence in BO. Even GF, if gets released it will have a much better, successful run than SOK. Wish ARR releases a hindi album b4 Shivaji. That would be an awesome move. Shud be Guru! BANG BANG!

Kanna
18th September 2006, 02:19 PM
Coming back to SOK, "Munbe Vaa" song is haunting me for the past couple of days. But, koodavae, "Then pandi thamizhae..en singara kuyilae.." song cross agudhu...What's the link??

:confused2:

dinesh2002
18th September 2006, 03:52 PM
Coming back to SOK, "Munbe Vaa" song is haunting me for the past couple of days. But, koodavae, "Then pandi thamizhae..en singara kuyilae.." song cross agudhu...What's the link??

:confused2:

r u saying Munbe Vaa is an inspiration of that Then pandi tamizhe??? though i never heard of that song's tittle b4...any link for us to get a glimpse on it too???

Kanna
18th September 2006, 06:43 PM
No dinesh. Its my personal opinion. Hope you too would have heard it. That no. is from the film "Paasa Paravaigal" - Sivakumar, Radhika starrer. Music is by IR

baba88
18th September 2006, 08:42 PM
Yesterday I watched SOK in theatre. It was boring !!!
Especially the last 30 minutes were worse I thought.
Today I watched the movie again on my computer. It's amazing !!!!!! Now I feel the movie, music and the bgm ! It's too good. Really it's one of the best love movies in recent times. Krishna has done a great job in the screenplay. If you watch the movie you feel like you are in love. It's too cute. The title matches 100 % to the movie. Jillunu Oru Kadhal Padam

Dragun
19th September 2006, 12:06 AM
Kanna, maybe both songs are set to the same raagam?

rachel
19th September 2006, 06:33 AM
album is very average. munba vaa is ok...

krish244
19th September 2006, 12:46 PM
Mumbe vaa is my pick of the album. Very good song. Bad that it was not picturised that well.

thanks,

Krishnan

Hulkster
19th September 2006, 01:43 PM
Munbe vaa bears only resemblance to the first two lines of thenpaandi thamilae but the tone and tempo and the way it is orchestrated is totally different from thenpaandi thamilae. Thenpaandi thamilae was racey and had a catchy feel while munbe vaa is more soothing and slower.

MADDY
20th September 2006, 01:13 AM
SOK at no.4 in JayaTV countdown..... :twisted: :twisted: .....

i guess their office needs a good-stone-throwing for incessant degradation of ARR and his albums.... :evil: :evil: ....i dunno y but many ppl. confuse IR's fanatism with ARR's insulting........idhularandhu eppadhan veliya varuvangalo....

MADDY
20th September 2006, 02:01 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/3649/