PDA

View Full Version : RajTV's Bimbangal

jaiganes
8th June 2005, 08:02 AM
Hi all!
Recently , I happened to chance upon RajTV's Bimbangal. This program presents detailed trivia about various constituencies in Chennai. Two weeks back it was my constituency, Perambur. It gave various amazing facts that I had never known, facts like Perambur had the first trade union in India . The program also covered the current state of all important landmarks in Perambur. I was simply dumbstuck at how little I knew of Perambur. Last week , it was Saidapet and yet again, the research done was extensive and the presentation was neat. This week they covered Tambaram. The program is aired between 7-30 to 8 AM IST. The program is compered by renowned TV compere Nirmala Periyasami. In recent times, this is the most exhaustive informative program I have seen in Thamizh TV channels. Hats off to Raj TV.

Cinefan
8th June 2005, 11:43 AM
Jai,I have not seen this program but from what you say it looks like at last there is one which is not movie based&is not a mega serial. :D

jaiganes
12th June 2005, 01:14 AM
yes cinefan. it is thankfully not a mega serial and it covers constituency by constituency roundup of thamizh nadu and chennai, detailing important places in each and every constituency with a lot of history. Good program. Is there a similar program on places in Karnataka/Bangalore?

Cinefan
13th June 2005, 12:02 PM
Is there a similar program on places in Karnataka/Bangalore?

I don't think so.But I there is one I will be the first to watch it. :D