PDA

View Full Version : Devdas

Niranjana
13th June 2005, 09:51 PM
Hmmm.......much has been talked on this movie....................but what are your opinions?

Surya
13th June 2005, 11:29 PM
too much hype. Also the story was distorted from the original version kind of.

Girish11
14th June 2005, 03:38 AM
Lets just hope that now Sanjay Leela Bhansali will focus
more on quality movies like Black and not go back to
Devdas type of movies.

Seen Black? Lovely. Niranjana, I would also like to add this
movie to the list of movies which I had recommended earlier.
Black is must see, also Swades.

Niranjana
14th June 2005, 08:03 AM
Yes, even I'm of the opinion that DEvdas had a lot of pre-release hype . Sheer opulence cannot make a good movie..........like a cold solitaire, it would just glitter in a distance.
Hehe........how's that comparison? :-)

Yes, Girish, I've heard of Black too. Will see it some time.

HindustaniLadka
14th June 2005, 11:26 AM
I didn't really like Devdas..but that is only because i found it too boring. It was taken very well, had very good dancing and acting and the music was pretty good as well. When you think about it, any film with either SRK or Aishwarya Rai gets a lot of hype...but hte hype goes down depending on how the movie turns out. For example, "Bride and Prejudice" was very hyped up because Aishwarya Rai was in it...but then all the hype died off when people realized that there was nothing great about the film.

chaotic whisperz
15th June 2005, 08:11 PM
it sucked... that was the most boring lame a$$ movie i have ever seen........................................

Surya
16th June 2005, 01:09 AM
That might be going a bit too far, chaotic! It was a well presented. But the story was a bit distorted.

Niranjana
16th June 2005, 09:34 AM
That's true. It wasn't boring. The Ravishing Beauty of Aiswarya & the Timeless charm of Maduri is enuf to keep it going. I liked the grandeur...but somewhere there's loophole..........???

What is the original story? Devdas dies in the end rite?

Querida
16th June 2005, 10:51 AM
i loved it for just the scenes not how the story was taken there could have been so much more done for that...though i don't know the original story any one care to enlighten me with the story link?

chaotic whisperz
16th June 2005, 10:14 PM
the best thing about that movie was probably how much it cost.................

Niranjana
17th June 2005, 02:05 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah.............how many crores exactly?

chaotic whisperz
21st June 2005, 07:16 PM
i have no idea, but i was told it was one of the most expensive movies ever made.............................................. ..................

Alien
22nd June 2005, 06:00 PM
I heard somwhere, 34 crores :?

Niranjana
22nd June 2005, 08:19 PM
34 crores? The producer is someone called Bharat Shah, rite? The movie recovered more than its prod charges.Didn't it? Half of the charges were recovered from the sale of Audio cassettes.

chaotic whisperz
22nd June 2005, 08:26 PM
audio cassettes?? lol...... i thought most of the songs sucked except for 2 of them