PDA

View Full Version : Yoga, anyone?

Niranjana
18th June 2005, 10:45 PM
I've started Yoga Classes a week ago. Instead of getting tired like other exercise, Yoga is very refreshing, one feels recharged. Anyone here practicing Yoga?

Surya
18th June 2005, 11:20 PM
I"ve been doing Yoga for a few years. Ever since my second year in college. Yes! It's very refreshing! If u keep at it, certain assanas strengthen ur internal organs too! :D

soundarya
20th June 2005, 02:01 PM
Dear friend,

I have been doing Yoga for long years. Ever since my 8th std in schools. Really, it is very fresh in mind and heart also. refreshing everything, and maintain the whole body also. keep it up.

natpudan
soundarya

malligai
22nd June 2005, 12:48 AM
Hiii,

I practice yoga regularly too...i defintely feel the difference everytime i lapse...

I also feel that doing yoga in a group or with friends helps in being regular. :)

Idiappam
22nd June 2005, 01:04 AM
Hiii,

I practice yoga regularly too...i defintely feel the difference everytime i lapse...

I never did yoga... i never felt any difference!

malligai
22nd June 2005, 01:11 AM
Idiappam,

To be like a Roman, u have to be in Rome... :lol: :lol:

xlntbarani
24th June 2005, 11:02 AM
I like to.. but i cant go with the time.. so searching for books

xlntbarani
24th June 2005, 11:03 AM
can we start with the guidance of books.. or is ti a must to start with a teacher like meditation... mm

soundarya
24th June 2005, 11:40 AM
Dear Friend Bharani,

if u follow, i will send yoga book for jpg files.

natpudan
soundarya

Niranjana
24th June 2005, 01:47 PM
Dad always had a book called "Light on Yoga" by BKS Iyengar. But I could never make out the pictures of complex postures. I was too lazy to read.

But after i started attending classes myself, I've understood the various positions & asanas.

So, I think, first you can do to a master/teacher, learn and then practice. When u do with a book, u may not know if ur position is correct.

xlntbarani
25th June 2005, 12:35 PM
Thanks.. Soundar and Niranjana..

But.. First my chance is to go for a book.. or an oral guidance... as i dont fint time to spare..
if cant do with.. and if the inner drive forces to get the need...

then IT! will make its own time... to achieve .. naa...

Waiting for..

Barani

kelly
1st July 2005, 03:10 PM
Hi,

I want to start yoga but i dont have any guidance or book. Can anyone recommand anything on how to start.

Niranjana
11th July 2005, 06:09 PM
Can someone tell me how long does it take for a person to lose weight , say like 10 kgs doing Yoga everyday?

I'm dying to wear some smart clothes after losing weight, sigh!

Niranjana
13th July 2005, 07:57 AM
Sigh! My Yoga sir said that if I combine 45 mts of brisk walking along with daily 2 hrs of YOga, I can lose 5 kgs in 3 months!
I thought I would lose more kgs in a shorter while. Ayyyyyyyoooooooooooooooooo!!!! :-(