PDA

View Full Version : New albums of Harris Jeyaraj

Pages : 1 [2] 3

inetk
18th December 2006, 03:13 PM
Try a download of the song here,

http://www.mp3fusion.net/mp3_download/5637256/Blue_All_Rise_mp3.html

The track downloads with a .tif extension, so change it to .rar and open it with winrar.

A.ANAND
18th December 2006, 05:12 PM
romba comedy'ya irukku namma cadbury ayya sollarathu,rafi,suersh peter,ranjit barot,pravin mani ect...ivangga kudathan arr 'rukku help panni irukkanga.but ethayum thaan oru aala ellathaaiyum pannatha entha enterviewla sonnathu illa marachathum illa.muthalla atha therichukungga sir.arr compose panna ella cd coverla help pannavanggalukku credit irukkum.intha manasu yaarukkavathu varuma???
arr kudathan m.s.v,ir,raj koddy....kuda composingla help panni irukkar anna roja la irunthu ippavarikum avarudaiya own stylela compose vanthara thavira,raja vaiyo allathu msv copy pannla,but hj enna pannaru????why avarala arr stylela irunthu ennum veli varamudiyala...muthalla avaru arr style compose pannaratha vittutu varathum, apparama naan sollaren.all is teamwork but the control is allaways by the boss

bulb_mani
18th December 2006, 05:16 PM
Harris supera thaane music poduraaru.. en ellarum avara thaakareenga :roll:

A.ANAND
18th December 2006, 05:26 PM
Harris supera thaane music poduraaru.. en ellarum avara thaakareenga :roll:avara yaaru sir thakkarangga????supurethan podararu,illai innu sollala,but avarukku innu oru thani style'la pannara santhosama irukkum.erkanave ketta mathiri iruntha boring'ga illaya sir!!!another example 'sainakudu'telugu movie songsa kettuparunnga sir,konjam kuda manasatchi'ye illam 'chaiya chaiya 'songs'sa copy panni irukkar namma hj.enntha sollarathu :roll:

bulb_mani
18th December 2006, 05:28 PM
Harris supera thaane music poduraaru.. en ellarum avara thaakareenga :roll:avara yaaru sir thakkarangga????supurethan podararu,illai innu sollala,but avarukku innu oru thani style'la pannara santhosama irukkum.erkanave ketta mathiri iruntha boring'ga illaya sir!!!another example 'sainakudu'telugu movie songsa kettuparunnga sir,konjam kuda manasatchi'ye illam 'chaiya chaiya 'songs'sa copy panni irukkar namma hj.enntha sollarathu :roll:

Agreed :oops:

But i like Harris a lot... his Unale Unale album is very pleasant :)

cadburyboy
18th December 2006, 06:44 PM

Again i wont say its a blatant lift which he himself wanted 2 do that...im sure he's vy much aware that it sound like chaiyya chaiyya....It ws confirmed by the distributor that HJ was requested to come up with such a song...Log on to HJ's fanclub for more details......To be precise, do you know Chaiyya Chaiyya is actually inspired by a SUFI song(lslamic Religous song)....So get ur points updated...If u could find Hj's copied songs, then im sure u could find this sufi song......
Another comparison for this is:-
Monalisa-Mr.Romeo=Allah Hoo by NFAK(www.coolgoose.com)

Even ARR mentioned that he was once in a while forced by producer to come up with something similar to other songs.....so what wrong if HJ coming something like chaiyya chaiyya for the director and producer????think about it

bulb_mani
18th December 2006, 06:50 PM
Bang on Target CadburyBoy :thumbsup:

selvakumar
18th December 2006, 07:15 PM
[tscii:abf36f5e11]Harris - Gautham combo's Secret Of Success

<a href="http://brangan.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=3202440">
SPECIFICS appear to be very important to Gautham. His favourite music director, Harris Jayaraj, would clearly agree, for when I ask Gautham about their all-hits association, he says, “Harris and I, when we work together, we put in a lot of effort. I give him the entire script. I give him inputs. When we sat down for Vettaiyaadu, I told him to do away with the traditional pallavi-charanam format in the Manjal veyyil song. I said, ‘Let’s make it like an English song,’ with a stanza followed by a verse and so on. Nobody else works like this with Harris.” He points out that other directors aren’t even there for the recording, and they just ask Harris for a ‘love song’ or something equally generic.
</a>[/tscii:abf36f5e11]

bulb_mani
18th December 2006, 07:18 PM
Vennilave [ Manjal Veyyil] was :thumsbup::thumsbup::thumsbup:

A.ANAND
19th December 2006, 06:54 AM

Again i wont say its a blatant lift which he himself wanted 2 do that...im sure he's vy much aware that it sound like chaiyya chaiyya....It ws confirmed by the distributor that HJ was requested to come up with such a song...Log on to HJ's fanclub for more details......To be precise, do you know Chaiyya Chaiyya is actually inspired by a SUFI song(lslamic Religous song)....So get ur points updated...If u could find Hj's copied songs, then im sure u could find this sufi song......
Another comparison for this is:-
Monalisa-Mr.Romeo=Allah Hoo by NFAK(www.coolgoose.com)

Even ARR mentioned that he was once in a while forced by producer to come up with something similar to other songs.....so what wrong if HJ coming something like chaiyya chaiyya for the director and producer????think about itsontha sarakkula copy adikka vendiyathane,appa disributers ketta 'chinna china'asai song'sa copy pannuvara aunnga hj???athukkum vakkalatu vanguvinngle :banghead: kila villunthalum ungga mathiri alunggalukku misaila mannu otta matuthu :lol:

Music4Ever
19th December 2006, 08:55 AM
"Vennilave [ Manjal Veyyil] was :thumsbup::thumsbup::thumsbup:"

Yes. VV songs are catchy and eminently listenable, IMO. I liked Gautham in that song dancing behind kamal and jothika. Let us hope PKMC lives up to the expectations, which are rather high now. Looks like Harris's year, this coming 2007.

ajaybaskar
19th December 2006, 01:59 PM
How is unnale unale?

Riyas_05
19th December 2006, 02:15 PM
Unnale Unnale: CLASS ALBUM

arsaregama
19th December 2006, 03:04 PM
unnale unnale is good agreed but why the hell is he bringing in christian idologies in love songs he changed the famous ritual song yesu pirantharey to paartha mudhal naaley.. now in unnale unnale he has used the word osanna osanna in mudhal naal song.. osaana refers to a word tht describes jesus and how the hell did he use it for a duet.. remember just for using word maulvi the rajyame song was criticised in baba

dinesh2002
19th December 2006, 04:11 PM
Unnale Unnale: CLASS ALBUM

Peppy yes...

Class... :shock: bro... do u know what does a CLASS album means in the 1st place???!!! :?

MADDY
19th December 2006, 04:15 PM
Cadbury, alla hoo = monalisa??? :lol:

too good..... 8-) ....

btw, i have more problems of repetitiveness with HJ than copying/inspiration.....i too feel we are singling out HJ unneccesarily leaving out u1 and others......but his repetitivness is :cry:

Listen to

Ore Nyabagam (Minnale)
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000307.html

Mudhal Naal (Unnale Unnale)
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001117.html

but i'm sure Unnale*2 or PKMC will be the biggest hit of the year.....my only hopes are Shivaji and ATM.... :?

interz
19th December 2006, 08:42 PM
UU is a great melodious movie soundtrack. Here is another great Music composer-Director Combination. Hats off to Harris J and JEeva.

sloshed
20th December 2006, 06:31 AM
OOOOHMMMUHHHHHH GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDD
Just when i was thinking how much i hate travelling and miss the part of these discussions...Unnale Unnale gets released and reaffirms my thought proccesss....

Furst and foremost before i even venture into the previous discussions... Thank you ..Thank you HJ for proving that You are the best out there right now for theses kind of movies... ...thank for proving that you are the most hippest MD we have right now... salute your movie selection skills ..for choosing on your strengths....

One word for UU ... rocking!!!
BTW dinesh whatever yardstick you can keep for a class album ... this one defitinely qualifies for a CLASS ALBUM.... move about youth..set in Australia...cute looking lead pair.. we saw what Jeeva did with Asin..Laila..Shaam...Arya...in UKM...Have no doubts about this one to rock the theatres..
yeah Maddy I will concur with you ...UU even if the story is half as decent as UKM .. this will rock ....the next year...
and for you comparisons about Minnale and Mudhal Naal...I will quote from your next line... Too Good !! (God when are you guyz gonna stop thishhhhh)

And asaregama... abot Jesu piranthare.. We have beaten the bush abot this and nobody can even put the song as a proof.. and confirmed that Jesu alaiginrar is not the song..lets leave it alone for a while.. and your mention about Hosnna.... WHAT IS YOUR POINT....now HJ stabbers started looking at lyrics since you have nuthing to pluck.?? good try next time....

Impressive this album as it is.. I think HJ has simply freaked out in the interludes of this Album... Show me an album in the recent times more hipper than this!!!!

Maddy all that talk about uniquemess of HJ sound... first and foremost you need to understand nobody is saying HJ is better than ARR....you always seem to say "what uniqueness in sound that HJ brought...just like ARR differed from IR"...

(I dont know if the thread was here or somewhere else..I will still post)

So can you think or even guess what kind of sound that would be ??? rock???metal ??? or when even when IR broke into the scene .. how the sound was different from what MSV dished out?? IR simply connected with western classicals fusion and lo .. connected with your heart thru his nativity ....The biggest strength of IR music is not his interludes nor the lyrics.. he simple knew a way to connect to our hearts.. no body even bothered to know what the lyrics where ...
And there in lies our taste... songs that sound good will be hits.. but will never last a lifetime... unless it connects to our hearts.. when was the last time people felt the emotions ... ovvoru pookalume ...the song is no great shakes.. but it connected... when rahman sang out loud..." Vinmeengalai thandi " in dil se... you get goosebumps...
and thats precisely the reason.. nobody can recreate 'Sindhu Bhairavi.." its not just a movie.. its a sign of our times..even if IR wants .. i doubt it...
even though Alanguyil....Minsarakanna...sowkiyamma..are all popular songs.... they will never be stand the test of time like a 'Padariyen" from SB...

coming back .. HJ is not out there to prove he is better than ARR.. I think he has found his own sound in sax.. and rythms... I think people can now jump the gun to point out a HJ song.. and you are right.. HJ is what doing what ARR did when he broke out (to a lesser extent or not is debatable ) but then he is beating ARR at his own game ...)...HE is simply flat out appealing to the youth .. no two ways about it... he is the people's man at the moment...
Unnale Unnale is simply awesome... and you all know it... and yes Yuvan has to settle down for number 3....

MADDY
20th December 2006, 08:29 AM
yes sloshed, u r right.....HJ has the youth behind him than ARR......obviously a 40 yr old cannot keep on pumping youthful numbers working with lousy directors........well, reasons apart, i totally accept that it is HJ who is numero uno in Tamil music, in terms of popularity.........got to see the audio sales quotient, where ARR has a huge 1.5 lakh fan presence in the web and many more outside.......

yes, Dinesh,scale,arsaregama,muzammil - theres no point in singling out HJ only for getting inspired or being repetitive......this kinda charge on HJ brings out unfair accusationson ARR - which is totally unacceptable........i guess,let HJ and his fans enjoy their moment of joy....... :D

we must be happy that ARR is enjoying success in a different plane altogether........

Wibha
20th December 2006, 08:37 AM
yes sloshed, u r right.....HJ has the youth behind him than ARR......obviously a 40 yr old cannot keep on pumping youthful numbers working with lousy directors........well, reasons apart, i totally accept that it is HJ who is numero uno in Tamil music, in terms of popularity.........got to see the audio sales quotient, where ARR has a huge 1.5 lakh fan presence in the web and many more outside.......

youthfulness is not in da AGE it's in the Thinking......and music has no AGE........anyone can make any kind of music

Music4Ever
20th December 2006, 09:32 AM
Unnale Unnale is a fine album. The positives are youthful, peppy, HJ-ish kind of music. I like June Ponal and Vaigasi NilavE songs very much. The other songs are not that far behind in sounding delightful. I can't see how this album can fail.

The negatives are the deja vu feel one gets in each every song. Some songs remind Rahman and others Harris's old numbers. The latter is perhaps not a slight on the MD but the former aspect is still a major complaint. Harris has smartly incorporated Mayilirage in Vaigasi Nilave, IMO. He has blatantly employed the Shakalaka baby beats in the maan magaLE O maan magaLE number. As if that is not enough, he has used Roobaroo sounds in Mudhal Naal along with his own Ennai Konjam number. I was aghast that he even used some music patterns from ARR's munbe va number in his Unnale Unnale. As far as I am concerned these are dead give away's that he is a clever composer who can adroitly use the innovations brought by ARR and excellently package into something which is very attractive to the listener. Of course, the tunes are good to start with and it is only for the embellishments that he resorts to these tricks.

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 09:59 AM
Unnale Unnale is a fine album. The positives are youthful, peppy, HJ-ish kind of music. I like June Ponal and Vaigasi NilavE songs very much. The other songs are not that far behind in sounding delightful. I can't see how this album can fail.

The negatives are the deja vu feel one gets in each every song. Some songs remind Rahman and others Harris's old numbers. The latter is perhaps not a slight on the MD but the former aspect is still a major complaint. Harris has smartly incorporated Mayilirage in Vaigasi Nilave, IMO. He has blatantly employed the Shakalaka baby beats in the maan magaLE O maan magaLE number. As if that is not enough, he has used Roobaroo sounds in Mudhal Naal along with his own Ennai Konjam number. I was aghast that he even used some music patterns from ARR's munbe va number in his Unnale Unnale. As far as I am concerned these are dead give away's that he is a clever composer who can adroitly use the innovations brought by ARR and excellently package into something which is very attractive to the listener. Of course, the tunes are good to start with and it is only for the embellishments that he resorts to these tricks.

omg.... u know wut,thats what i felt and i was telling my fren that while listenin to the song..... yea...i feel he has somehow created a Mayilirage of his own version....esp the beats that changes in every portion....and ofcource Madhushree was there to expose this fact more.... and making Haricharan singging like Naresh Iyer.... nevertheless,its my most fav song in the album!!!

yea man...on the rubaroo matter... its quite obvious no.... but some1 came here & claiming Rubaroo was a copy too :lol: ... jokers....

anywayz,i like Vaigasi Nilave & Mudhal Naal so far...others...couldnt bare to listen.... noisy & monotonous..... :)

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 10:03 AM

yes, Dinesh,scale,arsaregama,muzammil - theres no point in singling out HJ only for getting inspired or being repetitive......this kinda charge on HJ brings out unfair accusationson ARR - which is totally unacceptable........i guess,let HJ and his fans enjoy their moment of joy....... :D

we must be happy that ARR is enjoying success in a different plane altogether........

haha...Maddy, if ARR wants to compose a youthful album...trust me...all he needs is the right script & dir.... check out RDB....Masti Ki Patshala..... ;) .....

but y many r hitting on HJ is becoz, NO OTHER MDS IN TAMIL does like what HJ is doing....alwiz targeting ARR's numbers & recreating it... others yes,they do...but very limited...but Hj's,gosh....countless... :P

well anywayz to all HJ fan, enjoy the album & do not bash ARR coz there is where ur 'king' came from ;) ...

Hulkster
20th December 2006, 10:06 AM
I do notice that ARR is becoming like IR...no i dunt mean his songs..i mean the career wise...like IR he was going on full gear composing class songs regardless of movie..but the moment he went into experimentation mode...like IR only the right scripts and right director could bring back his vigour and unique composing style in the songs...:exactly:

sloshed
20th December 2006, 10:26 AM
okie ... I think you guyz are haveing some sort of paranoia .... Roobaro sounds ???? Let me get it.. the intial guitar chords...??? If you give a guitar to anybody who is least proficient in Guitar..(like meee !!) will play those chords for you .. there is nuthign great about the chords...its a routine chords on guitar.. I cant believe you would call that "Roobaro sounds" Probably you should write to ARR to patent that ...Jeez..

Vaigasi Nilave for Malierage ???? HJ's version of Mailerage ??? What can I say .. prob there is a tam proverb .. Arandavan Kannuku ..." I will leave you to complete the rest....

M4Ever .. can please elaborate where in the Unnale Unnale number is the presence of Munbe Vaa.. it simply beats me .. Thank God you atleast put 'IMO' after you statments.. we will strictly take your (that) word for that .. appreciated !!

I forgot to mention my fav num .. Illami Ullasam.....esp "Then nilavugal part " I wish it was long ... is HJ the new sax king ???
Anybody has any comments on the chords of 'June Pona".. Guitarist's delight!!

Maddy .. its not like HJ fans are reeling at the moment of triump.. I think its a triumph for everyone.. When you brought up the fact that 'north music is cathcin up or infact overtaking south ' .. there was soo much truth in the facts that you pictured... when pritam and HR .. dishing out hits.. At one time I thought Pritam will be King after 'kya muje Pyaar hai' ... but then this year hasnt been all that bad for us.... Tam industry had had its moments.. with ARR back to form with Guru..Hj with VV and then UU... then we have Vijay antony .. GV prakash.. Joshua.. Charan .. ( i still think we should hand over the song of this year to Unnai Kandane from Parijatham) ..and the ever irreplacable VS.. TFM is in safe hands...
The crowning glory is yet to happen.. ARR has to win the OSCAR... this is his best chance yet.. I think Water will get him that since Water is soo popular here .. I will be really be pissed off at Oscars if RDB doesnt win it.. I have seen almost all the other foregn entry winners... RDB should and must win it... or hell with Oscars!!

arsaregama
20th December 2006, 10:36 AM
he himself confessed that he uses his own lyrics tht couldmake the songs more catchy...and abt yesu pirantharey .. its chrsitmas season u can hear them all around in carrols...will post it .. if harris can get hold of it from some shop why cant i???...see my previous post my view on unnale unnale is that the album is gud... but hj cant messup strings and pop .. if u r a string listener u might know!!!

arsaregama
20th December 2006, 10:38 AM
unnala unnale and guru comparisons are like comparing thirupachi and pithamagan (mass and class)

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 10:39 AM
bro...its DARAN...not CHARAN ;) that is the Md for Parijatham...

and about Vaigasi Nilave - Mayilirage... its all up to if u wanna take it or not... as for me,it does sounds like Mayilirage alllot.... i said it sounds like Mayililage...i didint say its a BAD song ;) ... its my fav in Unnale Unnale after Mudhal Naal... ;)

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 10:40 AM
unnala unnale and guru comparisons are like comparing thirupachi and pithamagan (mass and class)

:lol: :lol:

buvana
20th December 2006, 12:35 PM

sloshed, regarding guitar for this particular Unnale album, I have this piece of info. A singaporean singer named Mohd Raffee (he is popular in Sing and Malaysia) was the guitarist for many songs in UU. He has also sung for HJ in Pachai Kili... Raffee had sung that Jumbalaka song before. In SOK also he had worked with ARR, though not sure what was his contribution.

bulb_mani
20th December 2006, 01:04 PM

Bad Observation.... Unale Unale is not mass album... it is a class n youthful one

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 01:26 PM

sloshed, regarding guitar for this particular Unnale album, I have this piece of info. A singaporean singer named Mohd Raffee (he is popular in Sing and Malaysia) was the guitarist for many songs in UU. He has also sung for HJ in Pachai Kili... Raffee had sung that Jumbalaka song before. In SOK also he had worked with ARR, though not sure what was his contribution.

Sillunu Oru Kadhal Inlay Infos :

Strings conducted by :Srinivas Murthy
Acoustic Guitar: H.Sridhar
Additional Programming: Mohamed Rafi and Chetan
'Jillinu' Jazz Arrangement by Jim Satya
Indian Rhythm from :Tanjore group, Laxminarayanan, Veda and Neelakandan
Machakari Chorus Arrangements by Clinton
New York harmonies: Bhargavi Pillai,Tanvi
Recorded at: Panchathan Record inn, Chennai and Nirvana Studios, Mumbai
Mixed at A M Studios by H. Sridhar and S. Siva Kumar
Sound engineers Aditya Modi ,Kartik Viswanathan ,A.Mohamed Safiullah
Mastering Engineer: K.J.Singh

arsaregama
20th December 2006, 02:57 PM
i was talking abt perarasu audience and bala audience not abt the reach lol

arsaregama
20th December 2006, 02:59 PM
i reckon u dont know wht class album means .. roja is a classic but gentleman isnt..

bulb_mani
20th December 2006, 03:06 PM
i reckon u dont know wht class album means .. roja is a classic but gentleman isnt..

Is it :lol2:

Have u heard Unale Unale songs? The movie seems to be a class love story not a mass one :lol2:

cadburyboy
20th December 2006, 05:08 PM
Hmmm...Im really sick and tired with all these unnecessary post and accusation against Harris Jayaraj...Tru these, its been proven that certain fanatic ARR fans(Not all la) are thinking that HJ is a great rival/competitor/threat against ARR...Thats y they are trying to put down HJ by untruthful post...Looking back at the previous2 post by these "Fear of HJ Community", i feel like laughin at times...its like kids fighting over a possession...JOKERS!!!
But again, with al these things, nothing has shaken HJ or interrupt his progress in music industry.."Dont Sweat Over Small Stuff, and Its All Small Stuff"...Tis is what HJ has been upholding ever since he entered in music industry...such a cool man with brilliant ideas...Kaldeiki Teriyuma Karpule Vasenai....What a joke of the year sum1 claiming Vaigasi Nilave=Mailirege and has munbe vaa touch...oh gosh....wel can i say Munbe Vaa=Inda sirapanai frm Nam Iruvar Namukku Iruvar and oso same as Then Pandi Thamizhae from Paasa Paravaigal(1988) by IR
http://www.dishant.com/album/Paasa-Paravaigal-(1988).html

Compare 2 the amount of fans of ARR with HJ, one doesnt bother hw well ARR copies and being repetitive...They are trying to hide a PUSINIKA in their rice...ARR's such a stuff is out there but not much revealed....so their fans jumping on HJ..come on guys!!!!

arsaregama
20th December 2006, 05:25 PM
dance ejay music directors gold software iruka varaikum HJ than number one.. lopp la irunthu instrument varaikum ellame avunga kudupanga... just mixing it is not sense... it will take a life time for hj to give a song like jaage hain r so ga hain...we r sorry for comparing hj with arr we r not gonna put arr down anymore... u ppl can be happy in this thread ... we r sorry for putting down arr :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 05:26 PM
fear of HJ....puleezzz..... :banghead: HJ is all poochi infront of ARR,whether its ages wise or experience wise... wut ur HJ is doing now,ARR have done it 10 years back...ur HJ cant even provide an album like DUET even now....and ARR did that after 2 years of beeing in the field... ur HJ??? 6 years??!! plz bro, i have better things to do than fearing about poochies....

Thenpandi Tamizha - Munbe va?? ohh goodness.... what a musical taste u have...no wonder ur HJ fan...bravo...salute ur 'high' music knowledge....

Oru Tamizhan, oru tamizhann'ne valzha vidhumathar.... when at times people r praising ARR,we have shameless tamils here bashing ARR.... shame on people like this.... insulting the Tamizh's only...chih..... intha mathiri field'le ya ARR compose panannum...people who praise trashes.... ofcource ARR senjithellam valikum.... :bangcomp: :hammer: :skull: chih....intha samudhayathille ARR piranthar??? !! :evil:

Ramakrishna
20th December 2006, 05:34 PM
Oru Tamizhan, oru tamizhann'ne valzha vidhumathar.... when at times people r praising ARR,we have shameless tamils here bashing ARR.... !! :evil:

True :cry:

arsaregama
20th December 2006, 05:37 PM
kalakiita da machan good going... i noticed tht the bgm of vettaiyadu vilaiyadu the chinese sound whtever u call is in the background of hello miss.. the bgm comes when they visit the fort... and for ur kind info tht was used in chellame too when vishal goes to mumbai

bulb_mani
20th December 2006, 05:38 PM
Oru Tamizhan, oru tamizhann'ne valzha vidhumathar.... when at times people r praising ARR,we have shameless tamils here bashing ARR.... !! :evil:

They r anyhow making another thamizhan grow --> HARRIS :froggrin:

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 05:50 PM

They r anyhow making another thamizhan grow --> HARRIS :froggrin:

yea...bashing the gold & raving the pithtalai.... inthan antha mathiri Tamizhan butti..... :roll:

dinesh2002
20th December 2006, 05:56 PM
[tscii:5c1b8cd2d9]to all Kollywood movie followers..... go tru this :

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Slideshows/slideshows2/tamil-cinema-powerful-men/tamil-cinema-powerful-men.html

Kollywood’s ten most powerful men

These are the people who dictate terms in the industry, men who are revered and respected through out the country, people who can get almost anyone to work for them anytime, anywhere. The one thing that all the people on this list have is success that is matched by few others in the industry. Their success has put them on a pedestal above the others. There are not many in the industry who would dare to ‘cross the line’ with these people.

Yet, these all powerful men remain as dedicated, hard working and simple as ever which just gives them more credibility amongst their colleagues.

The list take you through the ten most super powerful people in Kollywood as of today. There is no attempt to rank them; they cannot be; they are all influential in their own unique way.
[/tscii:5c1b8cd2d9]

sloshed
21st December 2006, 05:08 AM
Did I say the songs rock ... Maan I cant get enough of thishhhhh...... HJ -- U duh Man....

Dinesh .. please stop writing BIGGG statements with words like Samuthayam n all.... As far as I can see there are less than 5 people trying to speak for HJ against countless ARR fans... and about one Tamilan .. and gold vs pithalai ... I cant help laughing at your contradictions....
What I am seeing is not the downgrading of ARR but desperation among ARR fan(atic)s.. BTW why didnt you say has HJ ever composed an ablum like Godfather ?? why Duet ???? is it becos we have to dig the past to bring in ARR's best ones ???
Godfather becos I see many of you have nominated Godfather amonst the album of the year !!!!

And please Tamilan buthi is in all the right places.. no sweat !! .. we created ARR.. we might as well have space for one more... chill out and enjoy music...

sloshed
21st December 2006, 05:22 AM
And for the last time please stop comparing HJ and ARR.. HJ can never become an ARR.. MSV..IR..ARR are legends.. if at all HJ/YSR can become one... we will start comparing them then ..... HJ is a decent composer we have and he certainly is not pocchi etc...

dinesh2002
21st December 2006, 08:19 AM
Did I say the songs rock ... Maan I cant get enough of thishhhhh...... HJ -- U duh Man....

Dinesh .. please stop writing BIGGG statements with words like Samuthayam n all.... As far as I can see there are less than 5 people trying to speak for HJ against countless ARR fans... and about one Tamilan .. and gold vs pithalai ... I cant help laughing at your contradictions....
What I am seeing is not the downgrading of ARR but desperation among ARR fan(atic)s.. BTW why didnt you say has HJ ever composed an ablum like Godfather ?? why Duet ???? is it becos we have to dig the past to bring in ARR's best ones ???
Godfather becos I see many of you have nominated Godfather amonst the album of the year !!!!

And please Tamilan buthi is in all the right places.. no sweat !! .. we created ARR.. we might as well have space for one more... chill out and enjoy music...

bro... y i brought in DUET is becoz of the time span.... ARR created a DUET in his 3rd yer in the industry...and Hj's 6th year in industry and yet to create any DUET or SOLO!!! y i didint bring Godfather in?? we will see if HJ can create a DUET 1st...then we will consider Godfater.... ;) Innsai...a Godly composition... !

yea...HJ is a decent md we have and yes,i too like his music,but when shameless people say ARR copied this from this...blah blah blah to justify Hj's lift from ARR, there is where u will see the 7th face of me :lol: :lol: Just kidding...

u think only 5 r defending HJ here & bashing ARR??y i bring big stuffs like Samudhayam here??!! well, ur not exposed to the REAL WORLD yet.... 8-)

NO MORE FURTHER DISCUSSION ON THIS MATTER....

-END-

back to the topic...Unnale Unnale...

ive heard Pokkir,Alwar & Unnale2....am happy to say the best album all is Unnale2.... Pokkiri & Alwar!! :roll: wasted my time downloading them......

vasanth2006
21st December 2006, 04:53 PM
Guys,

What is the age of HJ???? any idea....

ursganesh
21st December 2006, 06:01 PM
Harris is 31 yrs old (born on 8th Jan 1975).

MADDY
21st December 2006, 06:09 PM
Guys,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harris_Jeyaraj

according to this site - 31

but his b'day is 8th January......and ARR's is 6th January.....ada paavi idhula kooda ARR-a thaan follow panni irukkar.... :wink: :lol:

Ramakrishna
21st December 2006, 06:21 PM
Guys,

but his b'day is 8th January......and ARR's is 6th January.....ada paavi idhula kooda ARR-a thaan follow panni irukkar.... :wink: :lol:

:rotfl2:

baba88
21st December 2006, 07:15 PM
I just noticed that Mudhal Naal from Unnale Unnale is heavily inspired of New York from SOK !!!

dinesh2002
21st December 2006, 08:55 PM
Guys,

:rotfl2:

ithu mattum illai pa....avaru peruleyum ARR irukaru!!

hARRis ;)

sloshed
21st December 2006, 09:04 PM
Dinesh ... As much as you would think that Duet was composed in the furst 3 years of ARR..to compare we need other things constant.. ARR wokred with the best ..MR..Shanker..Balachander..BR... HJ in his intial 3 years was best seen with GM.. and he delivered big time with Kakka Kakka.. Howz that album infereior any of the best ARR's Albums.. Uyrin Uyire..Oru Orril...Ennai Konjam...thoothu varuma (i thought i was the funkiest)..ondra renda ... It had everything going for him and the movie....
And he delivered again big time with VV.. VV had everything going.. if the masses liked "Partha Mudhal" and "Manjal Veyil"...critics like "Uyrile" .. youngsters fell for "Nerupe" and "Karka Karka"....
Hj is here to stay ..

"but when shameless people say ARR copied this from this"
are you really serious abt this statement.. as far as I see.. people have come up statements like "HJ's version of Mailerage" .."Unnale Unalle has shades of Munve vaa" .."Roobaro Sounds" ..and more recently..there is a person who "noticed" NYN in Mudhal Mudhal.. what do you call them .. and certainly we need a word which would surpass "Shameless" !!

dinesh2002
21st December 2006, 09:22 PM
bro.... no use getting emo all here.... relax.... :lol: no use quarreling over the same thing over & over again.... enjoy MUSIC...regardless the MD and have a peace of mind....chiowz!!!

A.ANAND
22nd December 2006, 10:56 AM
ennamo perusa panni irukkar innu nenachu unnale songs ketta?!! :huh: venam.sonna sandaikku varuvanga :confused2: vv is far better than unnale..ethe album[unnale]arr compose panna 'dissapointhing','average','rahman lost his touch'innu kari thuppu vangga.harris panna 'ha haa hoo'innu thalaiyila thukkitu adurangga.rahman harris style'la songs compose panna romba neram ahathu[90's la eppava pannithar]but harris'la swades,guru,rdb,boss mathiri oru album panna sollungga pakkalam.!!!??ithala vedikkai enna innu sonna arr fans avarukku[hj] 'nalla jaldra' adikkirangga kaathu javvu kiliyira mathiri.cacthy rytham ,fast beat and loops vechi innum ethanai kaalam otta poraro harris
:confused2: eppadiyathu seekiram populer agiranum avarukku!!!winner aganum inna 'shot cut'la pogakudathu harris sir!!nermai venum.athan nillaikkum..

kamarajc
22nd December 2006, 02:49 PM
When an album of HJ releases, ARR fans are there to pull him down. They try pulling down HJ, instead they pull down ARR only. Guys discovering hARRis got ARR in him and Jan8 follows Jan6 - woww! thats musical stuff. Am not surprised why Harris fails to impress these guys in each and every album.

No doubt ARR is a genius. But that does not give his fans the right to ridicule good music directors like HJ. Ofcourse, HJ has long way to go before he can parallel ARR. But, come on... let him grow. I think it is often misunderstood that ARR fans have great musical acumen just because ARR is great. ARR is great.. am sure he is going to look great even for our great grandchildren to come. I adore him equally to IR. So sad that ARR has got fans who have very shallow musical skilld when it comes to judging the music of others. ARR deserves not only good directors, but good musical observers as fans too.

HJ's music is in no way inferior. His interludes are musch better than ARR's. He also packages so well. He has established a style of his own now.

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 03:21 PM
When an album of HJ releases, ARR fans are there to pull him down. They try pulling down HJ, instead they pull down ARR only. Guys discovering hARRis got ARR in him and Jan8 follows Jan6 - woww! thats musical stuff. Am not surprised why Harris fails to impress these guys in each and every album.

No doubt ARR is a genius. But that does not give his fans the right to ridicule good music directors like HJ. Ofcourse, HJ has long way to go before he can parallel ARR. But, come on... let him grow. I think it is often misunderstood that ARR fans have great musical acumen just because ARR is great. ARR is great.. am sure he is going to look great even for our great grandchildren to come. I adore him equally to IR. So sad that ARR has got fans who have very shallow musical skilld when it comes to judging the music of others. ARR deserves not only good directors, but good musical observers as fans too.

HJ's music is in no way inferior. His interludes are musch better than ARR's. He also packages so well. He has established a style of his own now.

sutturan ARR's interlude & using it for his own makes his interlude better...wow...and ur talking bout Music taste of ours..... pulezz man!! 8-)

hey man, HJ is one of the good MD we have now in TN, along with Joshua Sridar,GVP, Daran, Vijay Anthony,and ofcource YSR....

and about the Jan 6-8,hARRis... its sad u took it serious... !! pitty u.... :)

go on ridiculing us,the ARR fans.... if thats the only way u wanna make ur self feel superior.... :wave:

A.ANAND
22nd December 2006, 03:33 PM
When an album of HJ releases, ARR fans are there to pull him down-KAMARAJ
:confused2: :rotfl: arr fans pull panni harris 'ikku romba adiya kamaraj sir :lol: nalla comedy pongga!!!

polo246
22nd December 2006, 04:18 PM
EXACTLY! Whenever a Harris Jayaraj album releases, A.R. Rahman fans just love bringing them down. For SOME reason, the actually take the time to either buy the AUDIO CD for the film or listen to song online when they're suppose to be A.R. RAHMAN fans.

Do you know, I was a Rahman fan. I still am a bit. But I slowly started to dislike him thanks to how the Rahman fans act. They just love badmouthing every other MD. They're no better than Ajith fans.

Good music is good music. Why do you guys love comparing Harris' music with Rahman. Of course, Rahman is the one who revolutionized Indian music, but Harris, Yuvan and everybody else have their own style too.

I just wish you guys would stop badmouthing other MD's just because you love Rahman. If you love Rahman that much, just keep it to yourselves man. Because nobody in the world cares about your idiotical comments.

When Ghajini released, you people were comparing Harris' Suttum Vizhi to A.R. Rahman's interpretation of it in Kandukondain Kandukondain. You guys just kept bashing it, saying stuff like there's no suprises in the tune and blah blah blah. In the end, look at the result. SUTTUM VIZHI from GHAJINI turned into a HUGE HIT.

One thing's for sure, Unnale Unnale is one zillion times better than albums like Godfather. Godfather was just pure crap! The songs from godfather were just out of this world. *note extreme sarcasm*

And for all you people who keep claiming Harris has copied beats and rhythms from here and there, take a look at this webbie -

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

Wow, looks like Rahman's copied a lotta rhythms and beats too.

This topic clearly says "HARRIS JAYARAJ's UPCOMING ALBUMS". What are you Rahman fan's doing here? Just cant stop badmouthing Harris, can you? Haha, get a life people. A.R. Rahman is human. He's no god.

A.ANAND
22nd December 2006, 04:43 PM
EXACTLY! Whenever a Harris Jayaraj album releases, A.R. Rahman fans just love bringing them down. For SOME reason, the actually take the time to either buy the AUDIO CD for the film or listen to song online when they're suppose to be A.R. RAHMAN fans.

Do you know, I was a Rahman fan. I still am a bit. But I slowly started to dislike him thanks to how the Rahman fans act. They just love badmouthing every other MD. They're no better than Ajith fans.

Good music is good music. Why do you guys love comparing Harris' music with Rahman. Of course, Rahman is the one who revolutionized Indian music, but Harris, Yuvan and everybody else have their own style too.

I just wish you guys would stop badmouthing other MD's just because you love Rahman. If you love Rahman that much, just keep it to yourselves man. Because nobody in the world cares about your idiotical comments.

When Ghajini released, you people were comparing Harris' Suttum Vizhi to A.R. Rahman's interpretation of it in Kandukondain Kandukondain. You guys just kept bashing it, saying stuff like there's no suprises in the tune and blah blah blah. In the end, look at the result. SUTTUM VIZHI from GHAJINI turned into a HUGE HIT.

One thing's for sure, Unnale Unnale is one zillion times better than albums like Godfather. Godfather was just pure crap! The songs from godfather were just out of this world. *note extreme sarcasm*

And for all you people who keep claiming Harris has copied beats and rhythms from here and there, take a look at this webbie -

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

Wow, looks like Rahman's copied a lotta rhythms and beats too.

This topic clearly says "HARRIS JAYARAJ's UPCOMING ALBUMS". What are you Rahman fan's doing here? Just cant stop badmouthing Harris, can you? Haha, get a life people. A.R. Rahman is human. He's no god.polo246,u r true arr or true hj fan.badmouthing patti ellam neenga pesakudathu..ungga harris fans ellam arr patti badmouthing pannarathu illaya???unmaiya sonna unggalukku ellam kovam than varum.

A.ANAND
22nd December 2006, 04:53 PM
harris fans ellam andavanukku samam,arr fans ellam terrarist!!!

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 04:58 PM
-deleted-

MADDY
22nd December 2006, 05:42 PM
Dinesh & co. - i guess its high time we pack our bags and move on.......whole world knows who copies and who is the master......just bcos some 3-4 ppl. tell it the reverse way doesent mean that it is the truth.....

ARR is travelling in a different plane, he has already been tamil no.1 for many years.......wats the "incentive" in defeating HJ and YSR and coming back.......he should win a OSCAR, then we will come back to these guys........lets forget HJ for a while.....eppadiyavadhu poi tholayattum.....

btw, that b'day thingy and hARRis thingy were all jokes........if u cant get the meaning intended in it, then i'm extremely sorry for making things pretty complicated.........

dinesh2002
22nd December 2006, 05:52 PM
Dinesh & co. - i guess its high time we pack our bags and move on.......whole world knows who copies and who is the master......just bcos some 3-4 ppl. tell it the reverse way doesent mean that it is the truth.....

ARR is travelling in a different plane, he has already been tamil no.1 for many years.......wats the "incentive" in defeating HJ and YSR and coming back.......he should win a OSCAR, then we will come back to these guys........lets forget HJ for a while.....eppadiyavadhu poi tholayattum.....

btw, that b'day thingy and hARRis thingy were all jokes........if u cant get the meaning intended in it, then i'm extremely sorry for making things pretty complicated.........

yup Maddy!! :2thumbsup: kalambulam!! :wave:

reagan87
22nd December 2006, 06:02 PM
-deleted-

Ramakrishna
22nd December 2006, 07:29 PM

Good :D

A.ANAND
23rd December 2006, 08:39 AM
entha harris jayaraj album vantha,namma arr fans yaarum hj treadla comment pannaratha avoid pannale pothum..because avangga[hj fans]kitta unmaiya sonna ettukira pakkuvam 100% illai.arr'yum hj'yum compere panni namale namma alu[arr]pera kedukka kudathu.ithu senjale potum 1 problem illa!!!

kidils
23rd December 2006, 09:25 AM
HJ sounds the best these days..... his latest songs are all awesome.

Music4Ever
23rd December 2006, 08:47 PM
I think I am ready to give some rebuttals after minutely listening to the "Packaging Master's" numbers in the recent Unale Unnale. First of all, I have no hesitation in accepting that the songs are catchy and immediately arresting. That's never my problem with Harris. Indeed, he is, arguably, leading TFM with his brand of "uniqueness". Here are my first results:

1) Listen to the classy June Ponal from 2:03 to 2:22. Listen to Mustafa Mustafa from 0 to 10 seconds and then from 1:31 to 1:39 and then from 1:47 to 2:17. Make of it what you will. For my part, "HJ sounds the best these days..... his latest songs are all awesome. " is not surprising since the embellishing bits are, arguably, from elsewhere.

2) Move to on to the Vaigasi NilavE song. I had in some other post indicated how the Mustafa Mustafa guitar bit (from 3:58 to 4:18) was used in the Minnale number Azhagiya theeye (In fact the bits are almost exact.). Listen closely from 1:40 to 1:57 of Vaigasi Nilave and make of it what you will. I am tempted to add that Harris is a making a whole career out of Mustafa Mustafa :wink:
Also, I still stick to my original opinion that there is some resemblance to Mayilirage. In Vaigasi NilavE listen from 2:16 to 2:33 and then from 4:03 to 4:20. It reminds "paal viLakkangal nee kooru, oor urangattum uraippEn kELu" part of Mayilirage.

3) Roobaroo sounds are unmistakeable in the whole of Mudhal Naal.

4) The reference to Munbe va is perhaps not justified. There is some minute bit in Unnale Unnale which reminded me, but I will let it pass.

kidils
23rd December 2006, 09:00 PM
I dont care man.... He has talent, by stealing alone he cant make these songs.

cadburyboy
23rd December 2006, 09:44 PM
what a crap post by Music4Ever.......
BTW, PKMC theme music1&2 have been released by tamilnapster...listen 2 it.....

Music4Ever
23rd December 2006, 11:03 PM
Cadburyboy, you are just that :) Unnale Unnale will be a winner. What is there in just praising an album without discussing interesting issues? To appease you, I discovered when listening to a Cheb Mami and Sting CD that Rehanuma Rehanuma has its origins there. Music is by ARR. :wink:

Take it easy. I am looking forward to PKMC.

cadburyboy
23rd December 2006, 11:38 PM
ok..chill!!!

music man
25th December 2006, 07:33 AM
Harris's blatant lift in UNNALE UNNALE...He has copied "June Pona" song from the album "BLUE". Song is ALL RISE..Really shocking... A complete lift. Ha ha..Harris..He is caught.. :oops2:

arsaregama
25th December 2006, 09:55 AM
ppl decide

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QeU1FO0GsxY

MADDY
25th December 2006, 10:07 AM
look at that.....the beats starting is also similar..... :lol: .......devuda......ok guys, i think we have made our point and the neutral guys know how much ARR's song resemble others and how much HJ's resembles others....lets move on.....

Movies
25th December 2006, 12:52 PM
In reference to June Ponna song from Unale Unale

:)) Copy na Copy ithuthanda EE aduchaan COPY!

No doubt, hands down, rythm, loops, and TUNE copied, congratulations to HJ, he has upgraded himself to Deva style copy!

Infact the All rise song has parts that resemble the Bombay Jaysree song from Vetayadu Velayadu.

And ofcourse alot of HJ songs sound catchy on first go... cause uve heard it somewhere before!!!!!

Movies
25th December 2006, 01:06 PM
And one more thing to all the above posts...

ARR fans dont ridicule all MD's its just HJ cause it hurts to see HJ constantly rip ARRs creativity...

I havent seen many ARR fans at Vidyasagar or YSR threads, these folks have great stuff in them... but HJ, sreekanth deva is more original!

Scale
25th December 2006, 01:40 PM
[tscii:a65974369f]Another Comedy Cat's version. He don’t even know to lift expertly. An awesome accordion piece is replaced with an electronic instrument and the rap is replaced with the male chorus playing the same theme. Phew!

[/tscii:a65974369f]

bulb_mani
25th December 2006, 03:32 PM
HJ is more successful in kollywood... ARR might be successful elsewhere... but u guys r jealous of HJ 8-)

Hulkster
25th December 2006, 05:25 PM
I feel that harri jayaraj has abit of problem in creating tunes...either repititive or without originality..but he seems to be a whiz at keyboard programming....perhaps what he could do is go Bollywood style..one composer to create tunes and one to give the orchestration,arrangements and instrumentation for the tunes..harris would be ideal for the latter :D

MADDY
25th December 2006, 10:30 PM
HJ is more successful in kollywood... ARR might be successful elsewhere... but u guys r jealous of HJ 8-)

Mani, HJ caught red handed here.....did u listen to those(june pona and blue song???) konjamavadhu manasatchi irundha, thappa othhukonga.....dont tell ARR also copied.....just compare ARR's inspirations and HJ's lifts.......that was pretty sad to see HJ copying the beats,loops, arrangement style and everything.........

MrJudge
25th December 2006, 10:36 PM
I feel that harri jayaraj has abit of problem in creating tunes...either repititive or without originality..but he seems to be a whiz at keyboard programming....perhaps what he could do is go Bollywood style..one composer to create tunes and one to give the orchestration,arrangements and instrumentation for the tunes..harris would be ideal for the latter :D

Where are you man? that trend started here in tfm in 1992 itself.

sehnthan
26th December 2006, 12:07 PM
oh my god,

how can HJ simply blantantly copy the beginning part of BLUE song & the beat in June Pona....?????

i really dont know y HJ doin this ?

either he thought ppl will not notice it cause TFM Fans only will be listening to TFM song !!! or he just dont give a ***k abt what he is doin out there !!!!!!!!!!

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 12:59 PM

thoodha ! enna kalakiriya ? !! Remix Raja fan solluraru parunge.... :lol: :lol:

sehnthan
26th December 2006, 01:19 PM

thread HJ patti thaney ??? motha ARR vantharu ippa raja vum vanthuttaru...ippediye poikittu irunthuchina ellarum orey oru thread open panni athula ellathaiyum discuss panniralllam...enna sariya ???

dinesh2002
26th December 2006, 01:22 PM

thread HJ patti thaney ??? motha ARR vantharu ippa raja vum vanthuttaru...ippediye poikittu irunthuchina ellarum orey oru thread open panni athula ellathaiyum discuss panniralllam...enna sariya ???

ennaku OK pa.... :lol:

kamarajc
26th December 2006, 05:49 PM

ha..ha.. vecha kudumi adicha mottai thaana.. Music paththi mattum pesalaamennu paarthaa.. ippadi orey adiyaa neenga ellaam poyittaa eppadi :)

Yes, HJ should not have done such a mistake of copying from BLUES... definitely cannot be called an inspiration. Otherwise, I think he is good in parts though not so good completely (as ARR is). The only thing I like in HJ out of the lot is consistency. He never wastes a buck of yours. the only thumbs-down so far is ARUL. A friend of mine happened to hear a track of Thamirabarani and asked if it was done by Dhina (Dhina fans excuse.... dinesh2002 you are one for sure). YSR is surely not making the maestro proud.

Nayagan
26th December 2006, 07:35 PM
I think HJ has some very good(read creative & original) songs to his credit. I am dissapointed he has blantantly copied "all rise". I did not read the previous comments, but came to post that the "june ponna" is lifted from "all rise". Anyways hopefully he gives us good music in future and doesn't spoil his good name.

baba88
26th December 2006, 08:06 PM
I am not a fan of HJ but I like his music in past. But if he copies full songs like in Sainikudu (dil se) and UU (blue) then his career will be over very fast.

Riyas_05
28th December 2006, 12:23 AM
When is "PKMC" audio releasing ?

Movies
28th December 2006, 07:45 AM
PKMC will relase as soon as HJ finishes copying ( AKA composing!)

arsaregama
28th December 2006, 09:23 AM
i had some concern for his music during the samurai and the arasatchi times atleast he was trying something new.. but when he balatantly copied the passion of christ theme for a movie like anniyan.. well i said... harris sorry!!!unnale unnale is good but after the balant lift from blues .. using up the bgm of vv in hello miss and the stealing style of please sir and mixing up shades of christmas songs for illamai ullasam i really feel; he cant stay in tfm for long

arsaregama
28th December 2006, 09:27 AM
hmm have a look at this trailor
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?id=1253884&sdm=web&qtw=480&qth=300

zar
29th December 2006, 12:44 AM
Similar to writing theses, reports, white papers etc; HJ should include a References section on the back of the CD cover.. Almost every song has atleast one reference to another English song or ARR song, if not a full-conversion..

I'm suprised nobody here caught an easy lift from the track "Illamai Ullasam", the chorus in the 2nd half of the song is a straight lift of "Na nananah nana...." from the regea' song Hotstepper.

Also, "June Pona" song has the opening very similar to "Fields of Gold" song by Sting....

All said and done, I still like his songs very much and I rate Unale unale as another class album from HJ...

rashid2raj
29th December 2006, 01:03 AM
I loved his melodies such as:

Alagia Theeye
Amugalay mugalay
Etho etho etho ondru (SUPERB song) (Does Ulaagi Ulaagi mean anything?)
Arya Udhathugal
mudhal kanave
Aagaya Sooryanai
Puyale Puyale
Ayayo Ayayo
Uyirin Uyire
Suttum Vili sudare
Unnale Unnale
etc.

I'm almost hearing them daily.. :wink:

vasanth2006
31st December 2006, 02:05 PM
Guys,

I find similarities between "Hello miss" from UU and "vannathu poochi" from bala in rhythm pattern/arrangements, tempo and tune.

You can hear the vannathupoochi from bala in raaga.com
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0000825.html

Do you guys feel the same??

Sanjeevi
2nd January 2007, 02:21 PM
Dear fans please clarify me.

Today i listened one song from Ullam Ketkumae in a FM. But after the song is finished, the Rj told "Neengal ketta paadal Unnalae Unnalae enra padathiraka HJ isai amaithathu".

Am I confused?

kamarajc
4th January 2007, 05:31 PM
Dear fans please clarify me.

Today i listened one song from Ullam Ketkumae in a FM. But after the song is finished, the Rj told "Neengal ketta paadal Unnalae Unnalae enra padathiraka HJ isai amaithathu".

Am I confused?

Dont count on the RJs. Some of the RJs these days blabber a lot.

selvakumar
4th January 2007, 06:41 PM
"Unnalae Unnalae" doesn't have the usual 2-3 catchy tunes + 3-2 ordinary HJ tunes ! It is purely a soft album IF not like "Ullam ketkumae". I was not impressed with the album first ! But later on, it slowly attracts a lot !

I think the reason why HJ is more successful is :

"He gives enough respect for the lyrics and delivers them neatly with his soft beats. In his songs, at anytime, you won't feel as IF you are missing the lines ! This is something which I have seen in lot of old songs. This one - I like a lot in HJ ! May be - I love these kind of songs very much.

My favorite HJ Albums :
Minnalae / Lesa Lesa / ULLam Ketkumae
Ghajini
Saamuraai
etc

But nowadays sometimes I feel "Pulichu PoNa" effect when I hear some of his songs !

That doesn't make UNNALAE UNNALAE a bad album ! Impressed with the way he had delivered this !

Jeeva + HJ combo is something which you can expect a lot !

july
4th January 2007, 06:41 PM
PKMC Audio will release on Pongal (15 Jan 2007)
Source:SifyDotCom

buvana
5th January 2007, 06:44 AM
Selva, even I had the same experience. After listening once, I thought the album has nothing to impress. But after hearing at a friend's place and on the radio, it made me listen again. I liked both the bit songs and Hello Miss - GVP's rendition is impressive and the whole song as well.

k_vanan
5th January 2007, 07:34 AM
Hello miss song starting line look like Love is magic in aravinthan songs. anybody feel the same ?

zar
5th January 2007, 10:32 PM
...my 2 cents,,,

After listening to UU for over 2 weeks, I am tempted to rate this better than VV.

He sticks to a tune/rhythm and does not deviate too much out of it for the whole song, soft instrumentals to support the main rhythm, with heavy and constant base programming, leaves a strong taste in your mind once you're done listening to the song.

I feel, he wants to play it safe and does not try to innovative/experiment much. He's got ARR for that. I like more and more because he's probably on of the biggest ARR fan.

Kumanan
7th January 2007, 10:03 AM
Hey guys, incase you didnt know...

http://www.aneetaa.com/music.html
The second one Andrea is the second heroine in Pachai Kili Muthu Charam!

osama_sword
7th January 2007, 11:01 PM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY ISAI MANNAN HARRIS JEYARAJ

Send ur birthday wishes HJ fans :

http://www.behindwoods.com/festival/hr-disp.html

:redjump: :bluejump:

selvakumar
9th January 2007, 03:56 PM
BELATED BIRTHDAY WISHES TO HJ !

"iRu vizhi uNathu
ImaigaLum uNathu
KanavugaL mattum
eNathae eNathu"

MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY DUDE ! and expecting MINNALAE, ULLAM KETKUMAE, LESA LESA, UNNALAE UNNAALAE kind of stuffs from you often !

Keep going !

RR
9th January 2007, 04:26 PM
HJ fans have launched a new website on his birthday:

www.themusicalharris.com

rsubras
9th January 2007, 04:48 PM
HAPPPPPY BIRTHDAY HARRIS JEYARAJ :)

>>I feel, he wants to play it safe and does not try to innovative/experiment much. He's got ARR for that. I like more and more because he's probably on of the biggest ARR fan.

True, in a way HJ is like ilaiya thalabathy vijay who do not want to be different but rather chose to do what they do their best....he knows he is heavily inspired by ARR but still does not want to change.... feels ppl like the way i score music, film is bcoming hit, music is becoming a huge hit...directors are happy, ppl are happy..then why shud i change

selvakumar
9th January 2007, 06:13 PM

>>I feel, he wants to play it safe and does not try to innovative/experiment much. He's got ARR for that. I like more and more because he's probably on of the biggest ARR fan.

True, in a way HJ is like ilaiya thalabathy vijay who do not want to be different but rather chose to do what they do their best....he knows he is heavily inspired by ARR but still does not want to change.... feels ppl like the way i score music, film is bcoming hit, music is becoming a huge hit...directors are happy, ppl are happy..then why shud i change

:lol:

k_vanan
10th January 2007, 07:40 AM
HJ new movie with Vikram under Susi Ganesan Direction and produce by K.Thanu. can somebody confirm this ?. news from Dinamani.com

If this is true i really fedup with Vikram and HJ combination. maybe this is personaly requested by vikram. anyway i looking for VS and Vikram combination again after Dhill and Dholl super songs.

A.ANAND
10th January 2007, 09:15 AM

True, in a way HJ is like ilaiya thalabathy vijay who do not want to be different but rather chose to do what they do their best....he knows he is heavily inspired by ARR but still does not want to change.... feels ppl like the way i score music, film is bcoming hit, music is becoming a huge hit...directors are happy, ppl are happy..then why shud i changepotinggale oru podu super anna :lol: :lol: :thumbsup:

buvana
14th January 2007, 10:49 AM
HJ new movie with Vikram under Susi Ganesan Direction and produce by K.Thanu. can somebody confirm this ?. news from Dinamani.com

If this is true i really fedup with Vikram and HJ combination. maybe this is personaly requested by vikram. anyway i looking for VS and Vikram combination again after Dhill and Dholl super songs.

But Vikram HJ combo also didnt fail either, except for Arul. Even I wonder why VS is not approached nowadays by leading directors..

rashid2raj
14th January 2007, 06:19 PM
is it true PKMC audio is releasing today ?

kokarako
19th January 2007, 09:05 AM
As per Dinathanthi, audio is going to be released tomorrow (20th)

buvana
20th January 2007, 09:43 AM
Unnale Unnale for Valentine's Day..

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14371926

ursganesh
20th January 2007, 02:17 PM
HJ it seems has signed one more telugu with Chiranjeevi's son in the lead ..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/28607.html

kb
2nd February 2007, 06:03 AM
man.. unnale unnale feels gud after watching the trailer :D :D

inetk
9th February 2007, 11:35 AM
According to today's Dinakaran, HJ and Gautam are going to remix Raja's 'Pani vizhum malar vanam' for Vaaranamaayiram!!!

selvakumar
9th February 2007, 11:50 AM
According to today's Dinakaran, HJ and Gautam are going to remix Raja's 'Pani vizhum malar vanam' for Vaaranamaayiram!!!

:shaking:
So, HJ too had become a victim of this "remix wave" sweeping Kollywood. :roll:
HJ is very good in giving melodies with soft beats. But the problem here is : "Pani Vizhum malar vanam" itself was a soft number. HJ - Kavuthidaatha Kannu :roll:

ursganesh
9th February 2007, 04:00 PM

:shaking:
So, HJ too had become a victim of this "remix wave" sweeping Kollywood. :roll:
HJ is very good in giving melodies with soft beats. But the problem here is : "Pani Vizhum malar vanam" itself was a soft number. HJ - Kavuthidaatha Kannu :roll:

It could be true that Gautham is intended to do that, but some source says that HJ is NOT doing it, maybe someone else will be doing it.

Hulkster
9th February 2007, 05:53 PM
Remixing pani vizhum malar vanam...man that was a classic IR melody made superb by SPB..i hope they dunt spoil it...or else IR will sure ban anyone from remixing his songs again

selvakumar
9th February 2007, 06:07 PM
Remixing pani vizhum malar vanam...man that was a classic IR melody made superb by SPB..i hope they dunt spoil it...or else IR will sure ban anyone from remixing his songs again

There was an article sometime back on IR who gave the rights for remixing his songs to his son KR. IF someone remix his songs again, he can file a suit IF that article was true :lol2:

I think the "Vaa Vaa Vaa" song in DAS was hilarious to the core and was a bad remix of the old song. Yet many more remixes followed ! Seems IR is busy in other things than putting a FULL STOP to these things, it seems :roll:

Hulkster
9th February 2007, 06:19 PM
No wonder IR is remixing his own songs..and thats better as only he is able to do justice to his songs than others...pani vizhu malarvanam's guitar prelude just mesmerises me everytime i hear them :bluejump:

selvakumar
9th February 2007, 06:44 PM
No wonder IR is remixing his own songs..and thats better as only he is able to do justice to his songs than others...pani vizhu malarvanam's guitar prelude just mesmerises me everytime i hear them :bluejump:

That was by YSR ! Right :?

karthik_sa2
17th March 2007, 01:17 PM
just heard "unnale unnale" song .the song is amazing.

Riyas_05
17th March 2007, 10:28 PM
Is "MUNNA" audio releasing on mar:18 ?

Sanjeevi
18th March 2007, 02:39 AM
just heard "unnale unnale" song .the song is amazing.

prammithen 8-)

sloshed
19th March 2007, 11:42 PM
Watched the trailer of UU .. well the rich just got richer.... the songs sound soo good on screen.. if the movie is half as good as the trailer.. Jeeva has a winner at hand... and if it happens... Madhavan can take a break and concentrate on "action" movies ... I think Vinay will be the latest pin up boy......

But the most impressive of all trailers was "Oram Poo" .. The concept is new for Tamil cinema...just piece of creativity... now that they have increased the hype on that .. the movie better be damn good..

Riyas_05
20th March 2007, 12:31 AM
Vettaiyaadu Vilaiyaadu 'dts" soundtrack including "16 theme music" released on tamil napster.

www.tamilnapster.com/forums/movie-songs/3118-vettaiyaadu-dts-es-retail-dts.html

Riyas_05
20th March 2007, 12:36 AM
Harris Jeyaraj's new telugu film "Munna" audio is releasing on march 21.

rayan36
20th March 2007, 09:22 AM

Is it gonna be in tamil ?

Riyas_05
20th March 2007, 01:10 PM
Riyas_05 wrote:

rayan 36 wrote:

Is it gonna be in tamil ?

No it's not in tamil, it's telugu itself.

yvsmani
21st March 2007, 01:17 PM
for the past couple of weeks, I am listening again and again to PKMC. intha alavu entha oru HJ album-um naan ippadi kettathillai....... especially unakkul naanae by SS and un sirippinil..... Hats off to HJ

Riyas_05
22nd March 2007, 11:24 PM
MUNNA audio release on march 26.

sloshed
23rd March 2007, 03:30 AM
My pick from PKMC is Karu Karu .. somehow it makes my drive peppy ...
So far a good start from HJ this year.. and according to Behindwoods... PKMC and UU occupy the top two songs for this year... good going HJ .. give us UU anytime...

MrJudge
23rd March 2007, 01:23 PM
Watched the trailer of UU .. well the rich just got richer.... the songs sound soo good on screen.. if the movie is half as good as the trailer.. Jeeva has a winner at hand...

I doubt Jeeva will score as a director. He does good cinematography and brings rich-feel to the frames. His 12B was a decent effort though inspired from sliding doors and didn't watch his UK. UU looks similar to UK. Lets see how this time he performs.

rayan36
23rd March 2007, 09:53 PM
My pick from PKMC is Karu Karu .. somehow it makes my drive peppy ...
So far a good start from HJ this year.. and according to Behindwoods... PKMC and UU occupy the top two songs for this year... good going HJ .. give us UU anytime...

WOW... :clap: kudos HJ, back 2 back hits, Unnale 2x really fills in the mood :musicsmile: esp. the theme song & June Ponnal

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd March 2007, 10:12 PM
I feel, he wants to play it safe and does not try to innovative/experiment much. He's got ARR for that. I like more and more because he's probably on of the biggest ARR fan.

its bit bad comparing Harris with Visay.....every artist has an identity, which ismthe sole reason for their success. and that uniq identity will vary in depth and breadth for different feilds... visay dont does any such great difference whereas Harris eventho hasnt done any great change still is great bcos his music has lot of small innovations, which makes some of his traks to stay ever. best ex can be his songs with bombay jayashree

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
23rd March 2007, 10:19 PM
some say that harris heavily influenced from ARR. nowadays, who is not ???? even IR has slighest inf of ARR. listen to MAsthaana Masthaana song from Raasayya

so the point that his ARR influence is heavy, is null void. apart, he does great...

Plus
1) flow is even in his songs which is rare nowadays
2)there asre cases like saranam is good and pallavi not as exp. example for this kind is Chandraleka song fromThirudaaThirudaa. Harris songs are not like this
3) Almost all songs are smoothly instrumented, even his kuthu songs. Uruththal illai
4) Clear listenability of bueatiful lyrics, no tamil killing
5)Great Melody patterns, some are well modern, i am proud to show some tunes to others

All these makes him very much an 'above average' composer

His minuses are
1)LAcks in BGM some time
2) In such cases, just uses bare chorus pronounciation !! as BGM - ex - R E M O REMO in anniyan
3) slight repeatability in tunes
4) No trend setting stuff
5) no international acclaims

Harris is a good composer for this modern day . his music never fails to enthrall Youth

littlemaster1982
24th March 2007, 06:59 PM
some say that harris heavily influenced from ARR. nowadays, who is not ???? even IR has slighest inf of ARR. listen to MAsthaana Masthaana song from Raasayya

so the point that his ARR influence is heavy, is null void. apart, he does great...

Plus
2)there asre cases like saranam is good and pallavi not as exp. example for this kind is Chandraleka song fromThirudaaThirudaa. Harris songs are not like this
3) Almost all songs are smoothly instrumented, even his kuthu songs. Uruththal illai
5)Great Melody patterns, some are well modern, i am proud to show some tunes to others

His minuses are
1)LAcks in BGM some time
2) In such cases, just uses bare chorus pronounciation !! as BGM - ex - R E M O REMO in anniyan

Harris is a good composer for this modern day . his music never fails to enthrall Youth

:notthatway: There may be some other songs which fall in this category- pallavi is good & saranam is not good or vice verca. But not Chandralekha.

He also kills tamil in some songs. The songs immediatley come to my mind are Azhagiya Theeyae from Minnale & Hello Miss from Unnale Unnale.

I agree with other points :thumbsup:

inetk
26th March 2007, 09:57 PM
100 words on Harris' latest Telugu album, Munna. Very disappointing.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

kb
27th March 2007, 12:37 AM
i heard this karu karu vilagalaal from PKMC..

wow... awesome energy in the song. just like azhagiya theeye from minnale..

Sanguine Sridhar
27th March 2007, 01:07 PM
i heard this karu karu vilagalaal from PKMC..

wow... awesome energy in the song. just like azhagiya theeye from minnale..

Yes excellent song!

All the songs in the album are good.

rayan36
28th March 2007, 08:28 PM

Plus

His minuses are
1)LAcks in BGM some time

:notthatway: There may be some other songs which fall in this category- pallavi is good & saranam is not good or vice verca. But not Chandralekha.

He also kills tamil in some songs. The songs immediatley come to my mind are Azhagiya Theeyae from Minnale & Hello Miss from Unnale Unnale.

I agree with other points :thumbsup:

Looks like SV doesn't have the ears for pop/dance songs :lol: If you've seen Thiruda Thiruda, you'll know that ; the character Chandralekha

muzammil_fr
1st May 2007, 09:53 PM
Pira Pira Uravugal Piriyuthe En Ninaivukkul, Vara Vara KAsukkuthu Kasukkuthu En Ilamaiyum, Ninaithathu Nadanthathu Mudinthathu En KAnvukul, Ennacho Theriyile
Superb Bit Song in Unnale Unnale Movie
here u can download all of bgm http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=17012

Superb Work By HJ :)

karthik_sa2
5th May 2007, 03:26 PM
dono how june ponal is bcoming a hit . think his fans dont hear even the most famous english pop songs.almost three songs r copied in unnalae unnale

ajaybaskar
5th May 2007, 03:31 PM
Long back, there was a prog in Vijay TV called Airtel Super Singer and it was announced that the winner will sing for HJ. did that happen anytime or was it a mere stunt?

rsubras
7th May 2007, 10:01 AM
is unnale unnale the first film for HJ in which the film is becoming hit coz of the music? :) and not the other way round as is always the case for HJ

selvakumar
7th May 2007, 11:22 AM
is unnale unnale the first film for HJ in which the film is becoming hit coz of the music? :) and not the other way round as is always the case for HJ

Trust me.. IF this movie is running till now, then IT will be just coz of HJ. He was the ONLY SAVING FACTOR OF THIS NORMAL LOVE STORY. FULL THUMBSUP TO HIM !! :thumbsup:

karthik_sa2
7th May 2007, 11:55 AM
Trust me.. IF this movie is running till now, then IT will be just coz of HJ. He was the ONLY SAVING FACTOR OF THIS NORMAL LOVE STORY. FULL THUMBSUP TO HIM !!

credit should go to "blue" and "aaron crater" as well :lol:

karthik_sa2
7th May 2007, 11:58 AM
i thought even the camera work and picturisation was good. and u have gf watch the movie with her u will enjoy it as the best movie :lol:

Sanjeevi
7th May 2007, 12:37 PM
Long back, there was a prog in Vijay TV called Airtel Super Singer and it was announced that the winner will sing for HJ. did that happen anytime or was it a mere stunt?

:yes:

Nikil mathew (MBA student at Jeppiar deemed university) was selected as Super Singer and Did he sing under HJ? or will sing?

MrJudge
7th May 2007, 01:01 PM
I haven't seen the movie but still my advice to Jeeva, please stick with Cimematography alone.

selvakumar
7th May 2007, 02:04 PM
dono how june ponal is bcoming a hit . think his fans dont hear even the most famous english pop songs.almost three songs r copied in unnalae unnale

Karthik,
:)
AFAIK, June Pona is an certainly inspired from All Rise blue. What are the other two songs you refer to ?

villan007
7th May 2007, 11:53 PM
I haven't seen the movie but still my advice to Jeeva, please stick with Cimematography alone.

yes UU was close enough to be pathetic 8-) ...and his next venture is an action flick.. :sigh2: with jeyam ravi

dinesh2002
8th May 2007, 08:52 AM

:exactly: :clap:

dinesh2002
8th May 2007, 08:55 AM
UU movie was 1 of the dumbest movie i have ever watched... Sadha & songs was the only saving grace... the actor had an irritating mouth movements & the pathetic "follow-madhavan-style" :roll:

MrJudge
8th May 2007, 01:11 PM

yes UU was close enough to be pathetic 8-) ...and his next venture is an action flick.. :sigh2: with jeyam ravi

Jeyam ravi-yodaya next film?? definitely will be bore to the core!

selvakumar
8th May 2007, 03:59 PM
I don't know why you guys are against Jeeva. :roll: I agree that UU was not up to the expectations that he set with 12B & UK. But which director is consistent here ? After two films, everyone starts repeating what they gave. That includes EVERYONE.

I accept that he is not a great / very good director. But he is atleast known for giving watchable movies which are fresh and lovely.

A movie with Jeyam Ravi and that too an action entertainer will spoil him for sure :(

karthik_sa2
9th May 2007, 12:07 PM
Karthik,

AFAIK, June Pona is an certainly inspired from All Rise blue. What are the other two songs you refer to

selva
u have always been neutral with ur views but am afraid u r sometimes a bit biased on harris.june ponal is a straight lift and he has raped the song liitle bit with his own style.don call it inspiration..pls..
another song i meant was the one that comes in the church during the wedding.the song is again a straight lift from "aaron crater" and mudhal naal interludes r also copied but dont remeber the album or artist name.
but honestly i liked "unnale unnale" and the bit song that comes twice or thrice was simply superb

selvakumar
9th May 2007, 12:33 PM
selva
u have always been neutral with ur views but am afraid u r sometimes a bit biased on harris.june ponal is a straight lift and he has raped the song liitle bit with his own style.don call it inspiration..pls..
another song i meant was the one that comes in the church during the wedding.the song is again a straight lift from "aaron crater" and mudhal naal interludes r also copied but dont remeber the album or artist name.
but honestly i liked "unnale unnale" and the bit song that comes twice or thrice was simply superb

:) Karthik, Certainly not ! :) I know what to expect from HJ and what he is capable of delivering :)

Actually, I thought of knowing what are the other songs in the album which were inspired / copied from others. I listened to ALL RISE BLUE (3.45 mins) and June Pona. I think the flow and pattern is exactly same. But the original sucks big time IMO.

HJ had actually rendered it with the right instruments to make June pona cool. At the sametime, he cannot be LEFT OUT FOR THIS as well ! :D As you said, after watching the movie I loved UNNALE UNNALE melody and the bit song :D

And reg inspiration from AARON CRATER, are you referring to "Ilamai Ullaasam" song :?: IF so, can I have link to AARON CRATER (Original) :D

and as you know, I like some aspects of HJ :) and here is my perception on him

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=996064#996064

karthik_sa2
9th May 2007, 01:41 PM
selva
pls give me time i couldn find the song on the net.the song is a hip hop category and comes like this "na nananana nanana...dono the statrting of the song.the song was a huge hit in mtv.the first time i watched this song in mtv<dd2>rahul use to compere.the song was in the top for nearly a year

selvakumar
9th May 2007, 02:01 PM
selva
pls give me time i couldn find the song on the net.the song is a hip hop category and comes like this "na nananana nanana...dono the statrting of the song.the song was a huge hit in mtv.the first time i watched this song in mtv<dd2>rahul use to compere.the song was in the top for nearly a year

Then it must be "Mudhal mudhal" aaga song. Thanks for the info Karthik. I shall check on this later.

karthik_sa2
9th May 2007, 02:23 PM
Then it must be "Mudhal mudhal" aaga song. Thanks for the info Karthik. I shall check on this later.

no selva thats not the song i meant its "illamai ullasam " only. obvioulsy the hip hop pattern alone is changed by harris but tune remailns ditto same

selvakumar
9th May 2007, 02:45 PM
no selva thats not the song i meant its "illamai ullasam " only. obvioulsy the hip hop pattern alone is changed by harris but tune remailns ditto same

:oops: I misunderstood
Actually, he had used many short bits & pieces of music present in ALL RISE BLUE in many of his songs.

"Aga Aga Agaan" - Remo (Anniyan)
One more bit - Karka Karka (VV) start

inetk
13th May 2007, 08:10 PM
A three track case study on how HJ possibly conjures up his songs - includes influences of Pachaikili Muthucharam's 'Karu karu vizhigalal', Unnale Unnale's 'June pona' and 'Ilamai ullasam'. But, as I mention in the site too, these are definitely not direct lifts - just very good ways of getting influenced!

Head to http://www.itwofs.com for a lot of trivia and audio clips!

A.ANAND
17th May 2007, 08:07 AM
A three track case study on how HJ possibly conjures up his songs - includes influences of Pachaikili Muthucharam's 'Karu karu vizhigalal', Unnale Unnale's 'June pona' and 'Ilamai ullasam'. But, as I mention in the site too, these are definitely not direct lifts - just very good ways of getting influenced!

Head to http://www.itwofs.com for a lot of trivia and audio clips!HJ fans ellarum,'thunda kanum,thuniya kanum-innu'odithanggala???? :lol: :lol: :lol:

vigneshram
17th May 2007, 10:51 AM
My take on UU
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/05/jeeva-cinematographer-turned-director.html

Movies
7th June 2007, 01:23 AM
The song from PKMC; 100 % shameless copy, no excuse whatsoever!

BTW: PKMC is an awesome movie! Sarath Kumar; too good!

vasanth2006
7th June 2007, 10:15 PM
june pona (UU), karu karu (PKMC) are definitely copy.

the starting humming of ilamai ullasam also a copy.

I didnt expect this from HJ.

krish244
9th June 2007, 11:41 PM
HJ is reportedly remixing IR's "Pani vizhum malarvanam" song for Vaaranam Aayiram!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/31684.html

Curious to see how he remixes it.

thanks,

Krishnan

raja_fan
10th June 2007, 10:43 AM
Mr.Harris Jeyaraj,

I really admired you for the songs of "Unnale Unnale".

Better hang yourself than copying IR !

Otherwise you will be rated equal to xerox Deva, never better !

Yathu
13th June 2007, 04:40 PM
Mr.Harris Jeyaraj,

:rotfl:

Movies
14th June 2007, 06:24 AM
Unnale Unnale seems to be severl damaging HJs Status, another lift exposed by a pal from arrfans group! This time it is an interlude. below is the actual message from Y! groups;

Friends, i was hearing the song "Pyar yeh Jaane kaisa hai.."
from rangeela.The music bit from 3:05 to 3:25 from that song is
directly lifted and used in the song "Vaigasi Nilavae.." by Harris
Jeyaraj in the movie UNNALAEUNNALAE.Also the music bit is used in the
bgm of the movie.I've uploaded the copied portions here:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/files/

file name: HARRIS AND MANISHARMA COPIED FROM ARR

<<<<

The bit being refered as copied is the entire second interlude from the vaigasi nilavai song.

dinesh2002
14th June 2007, 03:39 PM
Unnale Unnale seems to be severl damaging HJs Status, another lift exposed by a pal from arrfans group! This time it is an interlude. below is the actual message from Y! groups;

Friends, i was hearing the song "Pyar yeh Jaane kaisa hai.."
from rangeela.The music bit from 3:05 to 3:25 from that song is
directly lifted and used in the song "Vaigasi Nilavae.." by Harris
Jeyaraj in the movie UNNALAEUNNALAE.Also the music bit is used in the
bgm of the movie.I've uploaded the copied portions here:

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/files/

file name: HARRIS AND MANISHARMA COPIED FROM ARR

<<<<

The bit being refered as copied is the entire second interlude from the vaigasi nilavai song.

ive posted bout this inspiration here several weeks ago ... but many said it had NOTHING :roll:

Posted: Sun May 20, 2007 10:35 pm Post subject:

its cadburry's duty to find faults in ARR... think he missed the few messages b4 him which was considering his 'King' 's excellent LIFTING skills ......... Laughing

and on Sahana & Ore Naal.... they do sound similar .... im sure its based on the root of the raag which eventually starts with the same line.... there is no fact for ARR to inspired from this 15 secs to create a 5 mins song which later on takes off on a diff note very very differently!!!

if this is something really BIG thing to rave about..... then even these small things like :

Iyaiyo - Paruthi Veeran [ 2:37 - 2:47 ] = Maja Maja - SOK [ 1:37 - 1:50 ]

Vaigasi Nilave - UU [ 3:05 - 3:29 ] = Kadhale - Rangeela [ 3:17 - 3:46 ]

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1058&start=885

Movies
14th June 2007, 08:55 PM
Ofcourse, I should have known dinesh would have picked this up earlier!
Well the respective bits are on that file, I personally dont remeber that bit from rangeela. When I listened to the rangeela bit on that file, I actually thought it was from unnale unnale, that shows the truth!

As you point out raags could make 2 songs sound similair.
But copying pieces of interlude and music just like that is cheap stuff.

Probably itwofs Karthik has to post this on his website.

Way to go Dinesh!

selvakumar
19th June 2007, 06:46 PM
Mr.Harris Jeyaraj,

That is too harsh Raja_fan.
I think IF HJ has to do that, people like Karthik Raja and Yuvan should have done that already. :) But it didn't happen.
btw, I read sometime back that IR had given REMIX-RIGHTS exclusively for his sons. IF that is true, whom should we hang first ?

raja_fan
29th June 2007, 03:09 PM
HJ has lost a good director now. Director Jeeva is no more :(

selvakumar
29th June 2007, 05:18 PM
HJ has lost a good director now. Director Jeeva is no more :(

Exactly ! :cry:
We won't get 12B, UK & UU here after :(

Riyas_05
17th July 2007, 06:17 PM
bheema audio release on july 25

:redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump: :redjump:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
29th August 2007, 02:47 PM
[tscii:f30b901d2a]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14518355

Harris rules!

By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 29 August , 2007, 10:30

The audio sale of ‘Chiyaan’ Vikram’s Bheema is very impressive. It has displaced Sivaji as the number one in sales and on ‘Radio Mirchi’ countdown!

This is Harris power in the audio market. Says a top music label chief: “Harris is definitely the number one music composer in Tamil cinema, basically because he takes time over his compositions and has something new in each album which catches the imagination of the listeners.”

In Bheema album, the number which has caught the masses is Rangu Rangamma…, the Kailash Kher, Vijay Yesudas and Swarnalatha which is said to be the item song in the film. What has made it popular is the drum beats in the beginning, which is awesome as a crescendo is built for the song.

The pick of the audio for Harris fans is Ragasiya Kanuvukal… and Muthal Mazhai…, both lilting melodies which may top the charts later, once the song video of the film appears on television. Harris does a lot of homework, before the final mixing. When we spoke to Vikram he says that all the songs are his favourite though Muthal Mazhai… is his pick.

What really makes Harris tick is that he does not take too many assignments at the same time. He picks and chooses his films and directors, and is very particular that he vibes with them. Remember Harris has just three films on hand at the moment- Vaaranam Aayiram, Sathyam, Dhaam Dhoom, while other music directors at any given time commits to 10 or 12 films at a time!

How can quality music evolve if you compose for 50 songs a year? Harris` policy of doing very few films at the same time being the costliest music director in Tamil has paid off in a big way!

[/tscii:f30b901d2a]

Riyas_05
15th April 2008, 10:55 AM
harris's new film dhaam dhoom audio releasing on this week

july
20th April 2008, 08:41 PM
I bought the cd...
Dhaam Dhoom is Very Very simple album from Harris..
and have potential to become hit..
all his song has something to attract..
thats why i like HJ album very much.

*Any idea when Varanam Aiyiram Audio gonna release ?

vigneshram
21st April 2008, 10:14 PM
Dhaam Dhoom - Mediocre album from HJ

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2008/04/dhaam-dhoom-harris-jeyarajs-new.html

vasanth2006
29th June 2008, 09:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HWSONDTIiUM

HJ has given same BGM for 3 movies....but most of the MDs do this....

MrJudge
29th June 2008, 12:52 PM
Listened to a leaked track from VA at youtube, didn't like it, same heard-before feeling, HJ :banghead:

kham
2nd July 2008, 09:20 AM
Listened to a leaked track from VA at youtube, didn't like it, same heard-before feeling, HJ :banghead:

:lol: :lol: :lol: Aiyo Aiyo...
Yow atha pathi neer pesakudathum oi...

dinesh2002
2nd July 2008, 05:52 PM

Kham..... vidunge.... :lol: thorithi thorithi avare attack pannuringe.... :lol:

When will VA and Sathyam songs release anyways???

Mahen
2nd July 2008, 08:13 PM

Kham..... vidunge.... :lol: thorithi thorithi avare attack pannuringe.... :lol:

When will VA and Sathyam songs release anyways???

Both the movies suppose to release on Aug15..Audio should be out this month...july is gona be a crazy month...Sakarakatti,VA,SAtyam,Saroja etc ...I should start saving money :)

inetk
16th July 2008, 03:42 PM
Satyam - viraivil isai veliyeedu!

http://dkn.dinakaran.co.in/1672008/1215631_1.jpg

baba88
16th July 2008, 10:41 PM
it's releasing on 18th as far as I know

Madevan94
19th July 2008, 02:10 PM
Sathyam will hit store directly on 20th...

Harris telugu venture munna is dubbed in tamil and release as Vetri thirumagan..

check out not good dubbing work..

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/movie/T0001340.html

Eagearly waiting for tomorrow...

selvakumar
20th July 2008, 01:38 PM
Listened to the first three songs. Typical Vishal film album :(
Two melodies are remaining. Will listen to them and update my views. Looks like another bheema

muzammil_fr
20th July 2008, 02:01 PM
-deleted-
mods note: pls do not encourage piracy.

Madevan94
20th July 2008, 03:16 PM
After few hearing songs grown on you...
Chellamey (pick of the album) and en anbe are very good
Ada dada is pudhu pudhu 2.0 and sure to be a hit..
paal paapali is a folk number which will be famous after the movie release..
Ivan udaiyum will be good at screen...

a good album from harris but to be franck i m not really statisfied with these songs..

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 03:30 PM
nice songs.... the pick is being En Anbe... esp the female chorus part.... mesmerising..... Sadhana is sweet in this song.....

so now we can see Madhushree Vs Sadhana Sargam ??? - Marudhani Vs En Anbe.... ;) .....

baba88
20th July 2008, 04:16 PM
So do you people who heard the album, is it better than the other recently released albums ?

Mahen
20th July 2008, 04:54 PM
Heard Satyam..To be frank the songs are pretty ordinary..Typical harris style..soft..simple melody..Sify's claim that 'never heard before music' ellam summa build up thaan...

Now coming to sakarakati vs saroja vs Satyam...I can safely say sakarakatti is the clear winner not because im a fan ARR but because Sakarakatti had variety of music and freshness..Quite disappointed with saroja (maybe because it was not my kind of music esp songs like my life)..This is just my personal opinion..Well one man's meat is another man's poison :)

directhit
20th July 2008, 06:06 PM
is it only me - the paal pappali sounds similar to Sarakku Vachurukkein from Shahjahan :?

mahen01
20th July 2008, 07:27 PM
Just listened to Sathyam songs. Ordinary alubm. Dham Dhoom is much much better than this.

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 07:27 PM
is it only me - the paal pappali sounds similar to Sarakku Vachurukkein from Shahjahan :?

to me it sounded like " Kalyanamthaan Kathikitthe Odi Polama" from Saamy :P .....

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 07:39 PM
nalaikku sify.com-la iruthu varum intha news sure!
satyham audio break all records!sathyam rocks!harris is winner!harris flying hingh[to moon] :lol:

dinesh2002
20th July 2008, 07:46 PM
satyham audio break all records!sathyam rocks!harris is winner!harris flying hingh[to moon] :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: terinja vishiyam.... :P

btw, En Anbe is absolutely beautiful.... he could be praised for this song alone... nicely done... other tracks are ... :roll:

Mahen
20th July 2008, 08:16 PM

:lol: :lol: :lol: terinja vishiyam.... :P

btw, En Anbe is absolutely beautiful.... he could be praised for this song alone... nicely done... other tracks are ... :roll:

The chorus saved an otherwise dull song..Im waiting for VA..Hope he doesnt disappoint..

Btw, ayan bit song can be heard in the clip below..Quite nice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_k2snvyuhM&feature=related

A.ANAND
20th July 2008, 08:47 PM
en anbe song pallavi reminds 'senbuve thegam ini naan vanthal agatho'raja's siraichalai movie!antha 3.20-3.50 [meeee..mee]sound ketta sirichi vayiruthan vali :lol: :lol: :lol: [very funny sound]epadithan harris ikku ipadi sound kedakutho :lol: :lol:

baba88
20th July 2008, 09:19 PM
I know that HJ is very good at recycling others tunes but you can say what you want he is undoubtly the best MD to give soft melodies. I think these songs mainly attract all females. From Vaseegara to Suttum Vili to Sakiye to En Anbe.

vasanth2006
20th July 2008, 10:18 PM
Sify's claim that 'never heard before music' ellam summa build up thaan...

Sify is the official advertisement partner of sathyam like indiaglitz is for saroja......So it is not a big surprise.....

sloshed
20th July 2008, 10:20 PM
Mornings never been soo good... Last night i was left mesmerized by Jeeva... that camera pan shot on Jeyam Ravi from DD trailer for "Anbae en anbae" invoked the painful reality that Jeeva isnt there anymore.. we will miss you Jeeva...

And this morning with Satyam.... well here is one movie where HJ wasnt required to do much.. Vishal-Naynthara-Upendra-Cop story. It was all there!!. This movie is destined to be the biggest hit this year. HJ was required to just be decent. Well well well.. Boy he delivers!!
Outstanding Numbers.. one different introduction number and One kuthu. Well all the other abusers, you might have to get used to the "painful" part that Satyam will be the media darling and the hit-toast this year.. there is simply no stopping it.. Sorry sakkrakatti you might have just let way..as far Saroja..the less said is better.

personally i like ada gada... it sound funkish .. but the female solos I think will be the massive hits..Give him SS..Madushree and Bombay Jay..to HJ.. and he will keep churning out hit after hit... So far HJ is playing on his strengths.. simple tunes.. clarity of lyrics.. no -nonsense interludes.... If only he could stop those gibberish phrases he occurs.. I wonder where he gets those phrases from .. !!???

Good Job HJ... will be pretty interesting how ppl are goin to react with this... Album of the year?? no way ... Sakkrakatti has 3.. Satyam has 3... Saroja..(God only knows!) .. its still going to be fistfights between Subramaniyapuram or Pidichirukku!!! I would love to see "Kangal Irandal" pick up the song of the year!! Its already becoming an anthem in TN..what a fantastic year this has been for tfm...!!

vasanth2006
20th July 2008, 10:35 PM
Listened to the first three songs. Typical Vishal film album :(
Two melodies are remaining. Will listen to them and update my views. Looks like another bheema

Heared once.

The other 2 melodies saves this album.....(Potta tuneya thiruppi thiruppi poduran....ana ketka nalla irukku :) )......sure hit songs....

Ada ada also sound good.....but it has some traces of his eearlier songs (dhiku dhiku song of dham dhoom).....

I like his Dhaam Dhoom very much.....addictive stuff.....i think dhaam dhoom has more possibility to become a big hit...... :)

sharus1000
21st July 2008, 12:07 AM
Ennanbe Naalu 00:58-1:18 Marghaze poove 3:00-3:20
Paal Pappali 3:49 -4:02 Straberry kaane 3:43- 4:07

sharus1000
21st July 2008, 12:08 AM
he did it again

interz
21st July 2008, 01:11 AM
Chellame, En Anbe and Paal Pappaali are my favourites.

I wonder why press was going gaga about Harris Jeyarajs 25th Movie, when the outcome is not that impresssive.

vasanth2006
21st July 2008, 01:36 AM
he did it again

you are correct....

sloshed
21st July 2008, 03:42 AM
Digression
Have you all heard Mickey J 's latest album "Hare Ram" ... IMHO .. the best album ever made in the whole of inda was year was "Happy days" from telugu.. I dont speak a word of telugu .. but i was just mesmerized... Here was one guy who was completely refreshing... HareRam is pretty good too.. seems like this time he has followed some HJ'ish pattern rhythm.. nevertherless 3 outstanding songs int his album as well....
Dont miss out on "Lalijo"

sloshed
21st July 2008, 03:43 AM
typor "was year"..shld be "last year"

dinesh2002
21st July 2008, 06:50 AM
he did it again

you are correct....

Netthi Adi....!!! :lol: no wonder i was so mesmerised with the female chorus of En Anbe.... loollll.... :D

ansa400
21st July 2008, 12:22 PM
Good Job HJ... will be pretty interesting how ppl are goin to react with this... Album of the year?? no way ... Sakkrakatti has 3.. Satyam has 3... Saroja..(God only knows!) .. its still going to be fistfights between Subramaniyapuram or Pidichirukku!!! I would love to see "Kangal Irandal" pick up the song of the year!! Its already becoming an anthem in TN..what a fantastic year this has been for tfm...!!

Are u joking?? I don't find anything interesting in this album at all, well certainly not to the level u claim... it overtakes Sakarakati and Saroja!!!. :lol: ... Saroja is way ahead of Satyam, of course Sakarakati is THE ALBUM of the year so far...Infact Sagiye song in Dham Dhoom is enough to beat the Satyam... I doubt this album will make it big,....

selvakumar
21st July 2008, 12:45 PM
Well all the other abusers, you might have to get used to the "painful" part that Satyam will be the media darling and the hit-toast this year.. there is simply no stopping it.. Sorry sakkrakatti you might have just let way..as far Saroja..the less said is better.
Actually, Malaikottai, Thimiru also remained as media darlings. That is what you will get through someone like Vishal. As you pointed out, with Upenda, Vishal andNayantara, you have a hit guaranteed. HJ need not do anything. But ride on it. Sify had already proved their credibility time and again by promoting HJ to levels that even he wouldn't have imagined.

sgmsin
21st July 2008, 04:25 PM
After listening satyam songs I feel that satyam will disappoint the box office. hardly few high expectation movies become a super hit not all.

sabari_in
21st July 2008, 04:51 PM
Sathyam songs - Sainikudu remix

inetk
21st July 2008, 06:21 PM
Nooru.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/07/21/satyam-tamil-harris-jeyaraj/

sloshed
21st July 2008, 08:53 PM
inetk...

Lowest point in HJ's career... please try not licking your wounds after your Saroja's fiasco... (apparently I read your super review for Saroja as well) .. good luck with your service... all your pals can now painfully watch satyam songs being blasted all over TN...

sloshed
21st July 2008, 09:04 PM
Well if you guyz are really happy about Saroja.. thats super fine!!! VP this time is in a quite a load of trouble just by pure weight of his former movie.. and to be frank .. the recording of the songs is one of the worst you have seen in the recent times.. Saroja doesnt even have a single USP hit song yet!!! .. DD is way ahead of Saroja.. you should look at one of the blogs by some virrajn or somebody "DD is medicore!!".. while "sAROJA is rocking"!!.. My only question is if they read the name right!!

I am not here to say Satyam songs rock ... it has got 3 great numbers.. Chellame Chellame.. will be the most talked about song... it will ..believe me it will overtake "Marudhani" from sakkrakkatti.. ( with the tag of the most "erotic" song ever!!??) .. other numbers dont fit the bill for me..

Sakkarakatti ..Album of the year??? same question to you .. did you read the name right?? have u ever heard Piddichirukku? Have you heard "Theneril Snehitham" and "Kangal Irandal" from subramaniyapuram??? Listen to them first and then lets argue about Album of the year!!

As usual.. the talks of "that noise from there!" "this noise from there!" .. which is usual.. by now most tfmpage fans are used to this.. what gets me is ppl who say they love Taxi Taxi .. are soo mum about the "copying of the reggathon beats " what wash ashore on this side of the atlantic..so the humming during the song was inspired by HJ's Pudhu Pudhu? ... Again why all this 3 sec .. 10 sec clip comparisons when will you ever stop???

BTW... Om Zare doesnt even remotely sound like Vaaji Vaaji!!!!!

The tally still stands.. sakkrakatti -3... Satyam -3...!!

sloshed
21st July 2008, 09:31 PM
accidently wiped out the remaining of the post...

the short gist is :

Frankly I dont care if the beats are inspired (nobody can claim originality is any of the beats)... Taxi Taxi ..sounds funky .. and I like it... My request is .. please dont bring in the "Glass is half-empty " kind of an attitude when it comes to HJ...when you cant do it for others!

HJ is probably one of the very few MD's we have to update our music collection!

inetk
21st July 2008, 10:04 PM
sloshed: It is never ever about licking wounds. Satyam songs may well become a rage in TN - that is completely besides the point. When I say, its the lowest point in HJ's career - it is my opinion, not TN's! And Saroja fiasco - what are you even referring to? That I liked the songs and the world didn't? I'm not sure if the world didn't...but I did - that is precisely what I referred to in my review too! The point of it all is that I don't need to agree or disagree along with the rest of the world. Neither do you. You may have an opposing opinion and live with it, quite normally!

popeye11
21st July 2008, 11:00 PM
Seriously, its a bit too much rating Sakarakatti and Satyam in the same league and totally thrashing Saroja. Both Sakkarakatti and Saroja are equally good IMO and i guess there are a lotta people here who think the same as well

Barring chellame nothing much to talk about in Satyam.. gosh where does harris come up with those fillers 'mee mee' or wat ever crap that is, in the interludes seriously he'd better not assume that he's introducing new "Sounds"

Sanjeevi
21st July 2008, 11:07 PM
sloshed try to buy original CD or songs then start to talk about Saroja songs

sloshed
21st July 2008, 11:08 PM
Inetk...
precisely .. there is no need for you to come defending your point of opinion... you very well own a public blog and have very right to make comments like that...
I never asked you to come defending or arguing against mine..
I did the same thing .. I just commented on your views.. And my view is YSR fans are trying to lick their wounds by commenting on HJ.. first on DD and then on Satyam.. and very well you and I will live with it quite normally !!

sloshed
21st July 2008, 11:22 PM
Sanjeevi.
I really tried hard to listen and appreciate YSR. I will give it its worth. Vel,Machhakaaran, Billa are all obnoxious to me. The trouble is YSR is trying to do something which is not worth it. Its not his rap, rock and metal that made him who he is. I still play his "era nila" from aravindan which i hold close to my heart, very often.
Frankly the last album I enjoyed throughly from him was Arindum Ariyamalum and some deppavali songs.
Whenever I hear an YSR song start with "Yeah" rap beats, I can only wonder whats happening to him.
Saroja had none of the attributes that make up a fine album. I did like "Cheeky Cheeky" to an extent that only because of the way YSR used his vocals. Who is YSR trying to fake by "Its my Life?". IR was successful because he gave us western classics moulded into an indian dish. If he had just given me the same beethovan music, I would have preferred to listen to beethovan.

Just tell me who are Saroja's audience? The guyz who appreciated Chennai-28, ( i loved the movie). Thats why I commented VP will be let down just be sheer wight of his previous movie. The songs of that movie was within singing distance of any ordinary guy. This one??

Just by buying a 320kbps sound song, is not going to change things. Instruments are there to adorn the soul, not the other way around.

vjrag_ind
22nd July 2008, 03:04 AM
pasangala dont fight :)...i bet all the 3 mds (ARR, HJ and YSR) just deposited a big fat cheque for their albums :) :) :)

hehehe

kham
22nd July 2008, 09:25 AM
Well if you guyz are really happy about Saroja.. thats super fine!!! VP this time is in a quite a load of trouble just by pure weight of his former movie.. and to be frank .. the recording of the songs is one of the worst you have seen in the recent times.. Saroja doesnt even have a single USP hit song yet!!! .. DD is way ahead of Saroja.. you should look at one of the blogs by some virrajn or somebody "DD is medicore!!".. while "sAROJA is rocking"!!.. My only question is if they read the name right!!

I am not here to say Satyam songs rock ... it has got 3 great numbers.. Chellame Chellame.. will be the most talked about song... it will ..believe me it will overtake "Marudhani" from sakkrakkatti.. ( with the tag of the most "erotic" song ever!!??) .. other numbers dont fit the bill for me..

Sakkarakatti ..Album of the year??? same question to you .. did you read the name right?? have u ever heard Piddichirukku? Have you heard "Theneril Snehitham" and "Kangal Irandal" from subramaniyapuram??? Listen to them first and then lets argue about Album of the year!!

As usual.. the talks of "that noise from there!" "this noise from there!" .. which is usual.. by now most tfmpage fans are used to this.. what gets me is ppl who say they love Taxi Taxi .. are soo mum about the "copying of the reggathon beats " what wash ashore on this side of the atlantic..so the humming during the song was inspired by HJ's Pudhu Pudhu? ... Again why all this 3 sec .. 10 sec clip comparisons when will you ever stop???

Ha ha dude u need to get a life....
FYI most erotic n kirotic songs doesnts work... If u remember Thaluvuthu Naluvuthu from AA....
Good luck for Sathyam album anyways...

selvakumar
22nd July 2008, 12:56 PM
Sanjeevi.
I really tried hard to listen and appreciate YSR. I will give it its worth. Vel,Machhakaaran, Billa are all obnoxious to me. around.
And the obnoxious, adulterated, sourly dhaam dhoom and Sathyam smell sweet to you. Right :lol2: I don't have problems with your bashing of YSR. But you try to do it under the umbrella of 'music lover', 'critic' etc. You have desperately tried to prove U1 fans comment on the album as a bashing by bringing inetk's review. It is pathetic dude.

As per your logic, Yuvan should continue his Aravindan type songs and remain as the 'least successful MD' compared to HJ. HJ should get all the accolades of the media through his 'pulichu pona maavu' tunes and remain as the 'successful MD' through the media support.

YSR had become much more selective with his projects these days. That is already producing the desired effect - I think. Saroja is just a beginning - I believe :)

Sanjeevi
22nd July 2008, 01:55 PM
I think harris peak time was Unnalae Unnalae. It was smash hit and stormed TN.

He will never attain the same status. This is my opinion only, at the same time I have no problem he proved me wrong.

viraajan
22nd July 2008, 02:17 PM
Satyam, Harris' worst attempt on his 25th Album

http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/07/satyam-harris-jeyaraj-music-review.html

viraajan
22nd July 2008, 02:22 PM
I think harris peak time was Unnalae Unnalae. It was smash hit and stormed TN.

He will never attain the same status. This is my opinion only, at the same time I have no problem he proved me wrong.

Nope... I agree that UU songs were smash hits. but hope u know that two songs were ripped in UU. His genuine compositions were Kakha kakha, Minnale, Majnu etc.

His last fantastic album was PKMC barring one blatant rip!!! I could really enjoy all the songs in PKMC. :)

selvakumar
22nd July 2008, 02:44 PM
Vinith,
Unnalae Unnalae was a fantastic effort from Harris. I saw the movie only for the songs and his BGM work. I would rate it below Minnalae. But it is certainly better than Kaaka Kaaka and Majnu.

viraajan
22nd July 2008, 02:51 PM
Yes. BGM - Awesome in UU.

But the best song "june ponal" ippadi appattama copy adichutare nu than enakku varutham... :(

i dont pay much attention to copied numbers... june ponal was in loop for almost a week. went crazy abt that number. but ever since i heard that its copied, i removed it permanently from my playlist. same applies to ysr's kadhal konden songs manasu rendum, kadhal mattum etc. :(

i prefer original compositions where the composer's real talent would come out!!! :)

selvakumar
22nd July 2008, 02:55 PM
Vinith,
As far as songs are concerned, I don't care about whether they are copied or not. It might be my bad habit :P Annan Deva effect ah irukkalaam.

But UU had many other good songs apart from June Pona. Infact, Chennai-28 and UU were in my playlist for a long time last year. :)

viraajan
22nd July 2008, 03:01 PM
Vinith,
As far as songs are concerned, I don't care about whether they are copied or not. It might be my bad habit :P Annan Deva effect ah irukkalaam.

But UU had many other good songs apart from June Pona. Infact, Chennai-28 and UU were in my playlist for a long time last year. :)

In fact, many of my friends have the same view, they listen to all good numbers regardless of the genuinity. But adhu ennamo theriyala, if i come to know that the song which i loved very much is not original, i curse the md like anything and remove it from my playlist :(

IMO, harris' best compostitions were Ondra renda, vaseegara, gulmuhar malare, mudhal kanave, thoodhu varuma and many... these songs will not fade for a long time.

littlemaster1982
22nd July 2008, 03:02 PM
Vinith,
Unnalae Unnalae was a fantastic effort from Harris. I saw the movie only for the songs and his BGM work. I would rate it below Minnalae. But it is certainly better than Kaaka Kaaka and Majnu.

Unnale Unnale is better than Kaakha Kaakha :shock: :shock: I would rate Kaakha Kaakha as one of his best (top 3). May be its your preference Selva, but still I'm surprised :roll:

selvakumar
22nd July 2008, 03:05 PM
I would rate Kaakha Kaakha as one of his best (top 3). May be its your preference Selva, but still I'm surprised :roll:
hmm.. I didn't like ondra iranda. OTOH, I like the hindi version. Uyirin Uyirae nalla irunthathu. Don't know why - I like UU songs more than KK. Again, musically KK might be better than UU. Just that I like UU songs.

Vinith,
Ya.. Most of the people won't even try to know who composed a particular song. They just listen to the song, like it and leave it there itself without analyzing the background

viraajan
22nd July 2008, 03:08 PM
Unnale Unnale is better than Kaakha Kaakha :shock: :shock: I would rate Kaakha Kaakha as one of his best (top 3). May be its your preference Selva, but still I'm surprised :roll:

exactly!!!

Kakha's BGM was extraordinary and so the songs!!!

check out this for harris top compositions :)

http://www.absolutasl.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=191:harris-top-3-original-and-unoriginal-compositions&catid=68:indian-musics&Itemid=27

baba88
22nd July 2008, 03:27 PM

How should somebody get inspired of something that he has never heard ??? I think Sakkarakatti and Dhaam Dhoom started nearly at the same time. When DD was finished Sakkarakatti was finished too. So no time for inspiration.

popeye11
22nd July 2008, 06:33 PM
UU was good but DD was was way better than that. Saghiye and Anbe are two mindblowing tracks. Cant figure out what went wrong with Satyam. Is that cuz its a vishal movie?

inetk
22nd July 2008, 08:08 PM
Inetk...
precisely .. there is no need for you to come defending your point of opinion... you very well own a public blog and have very right to make comments like that...
I never asked you to come defending or arguing against mine..
I did the same thing .. I just commented on your views.. And my view is YSR fans are trying to lick their wounds by commenting on HJ.. first on DD and then on Satyam.. and very well you and I will live with it quite normally !!

Aah sorry - I assumed that you were looking at my reviews like its some kind of prediction - if the music will succeed or not! So, I was trying to defend the point of my reviews, not any particular soundtrack per se.

Also, thanks for that Hare Ram plug - reviewed it earlier today and loved Lalijo!

sloshed
22nd July 2008, 11:12 PM
No probs inetk...

My request to you is please review more albums in other languages. Esp Telugu music has really come of age. I know a lot of ppl count on you and your reviews to compile their CD's. Cheers for the good work!

mahen01
24th July 2008, 03:26 PM
I initialy didnt like any songs. But after few listenings En anbey and Chellame sounds very good. Very simple and soothing melody. But the real annoying part is the chinese kind of music in between and sensless humming. Realy spoils the whole song.

dinesh2002
24th July 2008, 04:38 PM
I initialy didnt like any songs. But after few listenings En anbey and Chellame sounds very good. Very simple and soothing melody. But the real annoying part is the chinese kind of music in between and sensless humming. Realy spoils the whole song.

the only listenable song in Sathyam is En Anbe.... others :roll: ....
yes... that annoying vocals in the second interlude in En Anbe is terrible.... ill alwiz skip that part when i lisen to the song....

nevertheless, Sathyam has a very strong number to hold its stand, En Anbe... lets see what happens..... no doubt those re-re-re-reharsh numbers in Sathyam will be hit... u know... masses will dance to anything that is fast paced... :lol:

karthik_sa2
25th July 2008, 01:44 PM
IMO, harris' best compostitions were Ondra renda, vaseegara, gulmuhar malare, mudhal kanave, thoodhu varuma and many... these songs will not fade for a long time

listen to the humming part

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U4QRm786nLE