PDA

View Full Version : Vidya Sagar's current and new offerings

Pages : 1 [2]

interz
12th August 2010, 01:04 AM
Vidyasagar won filmfare award in the category best music 2009 in malayalam

He was also nomited in tamil for Kanden Kadhalai, but Harry Jeyaroj won it. :roll:

http://buzzytimes.com/santosham-awards-2010-santosham-south-filmfare-awards-2010-winners-list/

interz
13th August 2010, 01:26 AM
http://fresh.cinesnacks.in/thambi-vettothi-sundaram-shooting-spot-videos.html

a lil preview for one of the songs in upcoming movie

Thambi Vettothi Sundharam.

Sounds good in parts, i am eagerly waiting for the audio release to be alble to listen to full songs.

MumbaiRamki
21st August 2010, 08:44 PM
Vidhyasagar music podaraaro illayao ..he has done a hair transplant ..In the audio release of magizchi in Kalgnr TV , i saw vidhyasagar, as he was when he composed priyam !!!

interz
22nd August 2010, 02:28 PM
Thanks for the information. I didnt even know Vidyasagar was composing songs to this movie at all.

:P

inetk
24th August 2010, 11:39 AM
For two Vidyasagar'ish melodies alone, Magizhchi works big time! Milliblog music review http://bit.ly/ail4Dh

interz
25th August 2010, 01:41 AM
nice review, I partly agree with u.

I listened to all songs today.

My favs are

Ootha thanni Aathoda - "heard before feel", but doesnt matter when it's so catchy)
Utchukotta ichu vachu - another melodious song,
Theakku Maramthaan - he re used vaadi machinichi thythm, super gana song.

Looking very forward to coming movie-songs from Vidyasagar:

Thambi Vettotti Sundaram
Kavalan
Manthira Punnagai
(Ilaingjan)

Sanjeevi
25th August 2010, 03:06 PM
This can be another Thambi for VS?

A.ANAND
28th August 2010, 11:30 AM
[tscii:efb5c2f17a]Vidyasagar records in London

By Moviebuzz | Saturday, 28 August , 2010, 09:39

Veteran music director Vidyasagar was in London last week, recording a symphony for all five songs in Ilaignan, which has been written by Chief Minister Karunanidhi.

The film has lyric writer Pa Vijay in the lead along with Meenakshi, Namitha and Kushboo in important roles. The film is directed by Suresh Krishna who did Rajinikanth’s all time super hit Baasha, Annamalai etc.

Vidyasagar was in London, recording the songs of the film with more than 100 people from different philharmonic orchestras.

Says Vidyasagar: ?All songs in the film set in early 20th century are musically backed by the orchestra. We have created a beautiful blend of orchestra music with an Indian touch.?

[/tscii:efb5c2f17a]

interz
2nd September 2010, 03:39 PM
Vidyasagar in Karthi, Tamannah movie...very cool.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/59808.html

interz
9th October 2010, 01:25 AM
:P Manthira Punnagai audio release on 20th october 2010

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Mandhira_Punnagai_songs_on_October_20_42838.html

Karu Pazhaniappen - Vidyasagar movies:

Parthiban Kanavu
Sathurangam (not released)
Sivapathigaram
Privom Santhippom

All movies had great melodies and songs are popular. I hope for same magic in Manthira Punnagai

inetk
20th October 2010, 09:29 PM
Vidyasagar unleashes his trademark soulful melodies again and the result is highly satisfying. Mandhira Punnagai music review http://bit.ly/8XJPu0

interz
20th October 2010, 10:51 PM
:P Im a regular reader of ur reviews, I read ur tamil movie/song reviews on milliblog.

certainly looking forward to listening to Mandhira Punnaghai after reading the review.

interz
21st October 2010, 10:03 PM
Mandira Punnagai songs are really good, Vidyasagar has tried to experiment with different styles in past which didnt work out well, but in Mandira Punnaghai most of songs are listenable and a musical treat for my ears.

I like :
Megam vanthu pogum
Satta sada sada -
Sithan mugam ondru
Enna Kuraiyo

iPremZ
23rd October 2010, 07:41 AM
Hi

I posted this somewhere else before realising there was a thread for one of my favourite but often underrated composers. I'd like to highlight an obscure but outstanding song composed by VS for the 2006 movie "Paasa Kiligal". I always knew VS was a good composer but I never knew he was so good until I heard this song.

The song is titled "Thendral ennum thear eari" in the rare Naasika Bhooshani raga. Beautiful nadhaswaram, thavil and mirudhangam playing. But even more outstanding is the singing by Madhu Balakrishnan, another underrated but superb talent. (Fortunately, VS has amply recognised his talent.) Listen especially to Madhu's breathless jadhis. I haven't stopped listening to the song since first discovering its existence last month.

I'm new here and not sure whether it is acceptable to post links to music sites but here's a link to the song.

http://mio.to/yio7

Enjoy

interz
6th December 2010, 07:54 PM
ILaingjan songs got released yesterday.

how are the songs, if any one heard them??

SVN
7th December 2010, 01:19 AM
iPremZ,

Thanks for posting the link to the song. It's an amazing composition by Vidyasagar. Very IR-ish (Similar to what the IR-KJY combo used to dish out regularly in the late 80's films)! Beautiful use of Nasika Bhushani raga by VS and a great tune. Above all, a smoothhhhh-as-silk rendering by Madhu Balakrishnan. His Brighas are so effortless and brilliant! He, and not Vijay Yesudas is the real contender for Yesudas' throne, I must say! I expected the song to build up to a crescendo, but it ended rather abruptly.

All said and done, the song is an undiscovered gem from Vidyasagar's repetoire indeed. It's a pity such songs never received any airtime, while the channels bombard you with most insipid numbers!

Mahen
7th December 2010, 07:10 AM
ILaingjan songs got released yesterday.

how are the songs, if any one heard them??

Theres duet song sung by KArthik and Shreya G...Awesome 8-)

interz
7th December 2010, 11:04 PM
Finally listened to the songs from Ilaingjan song.

I like these three songs:
Oru Nila Oru Kulam - Karthick & SHreya Goshal (best melody from VS in 2010)
Mazhaiyil kulirtha - Karthick & Anwesha
Imaithoothane - Chinmayee

I think he used "symphony orchestra" to record all the songs, music sounds very different compared to the current songs.

viraajan
7th December 2010, 11:35 PM
Karthik Shreya - Awesome pair. Waiting to listen to this song :cool: any links please :noteeth:

interz
8th December 2010, 02:06 AM
you can listen to the songs here:

http://music.galatta.com/entertainment/music/songs/albumid/6617/movie/Illangyan.html

interz
14th December 2010, 03:08 AM
Siruthai Audio on 19th December 2010

As a fan of VS december 2010 has been for me.

3 VS releases

Kaavalan, Ilaingjan and next Siruthai.

I know VS got many malayala projects in his hand, but not which his next tamil projects are...

interz
21st December 2010, 08:03 PM
Siruthai songs list:

1. Naan Romba Nalla
Singers: Ranjith
Lyrics: Arivumathi

2. Azhaga Porandhutta
Singers: Malathi Lakshman, Priyadarshini
Lyrics: Vivega

3. Thalaatu
Singers: Sri Vardhini
Lyrics: Arivumathi

4. Adi Raakkaama Raakku
Singers: Ranjith, Suchitra Karthik Kumar
Lyrics: Pa. Vijay

5. Chellam Vaada Chellam
Singers: Udit Narayan, Char Mukhi
Lyrics: Na. Muthukumar

looking forward to listen to the songs soon...

Mahen
22nd December 2010, 06:47 PM
Released 2 days ago but i cant find any websites to listen/download the songs..Enna achi? :roll:

inetk
31st December 2010, 11:36 AM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2010/12/30/siruthai-music-review-tamil-vidyasagar/

interz
31st December 2010, 11:46 PM
Siruthai - Vidyasagars Mass Piece

1. "Naan Romba Nalla", sema intro song. Bass piece is very used but suits the song. Other highlight is the Nambiyar imitatian LOL. Added with arabic music and auto tune voice its a perfect coctail.

2. "Azhaga Porandhutta" - A very melodious item song with heavy set of beats. The female voice (Priyadarshini) is unknown to me, but she manages to kick it off to this great song.

3. "Thalaattu". Very short but nice bit song. Its a pitty its to short. Sri Vardhini sings very good indeed.

4. "Adi Raakkamma Raakku". I got seriously fooled by the intro, thought it was gonna be some techno song. Sema kuthu song. Popom popom pom pom.." is interesting and catchy. Ranjith peppy and energetic as always. Suchitra equally good. But who is Karthick Kumar ?? Is he the actor from Kola KOlaya Mundarikka who sings the song??

5. "Chellam vaada chellam". Melodious treat, reminds a bit of "sevvanam" from Mozhi. Udit Narayanan and Sharmukhi both sings damn good. The english bit is catchy... Jillaby girl...

I disagree with Inekt with his review, but respect his opionion.

If we all shared same music taste, it will be plain and boring.

Sunil_M88
31st December 2010, 11:50 PM
Chellam vaada chellam :musicsmile:

vijayr
2nd January 2011, 01:11 AM
Although he has been mediocre of late, I do check out VS's latest albums once in a while in the hope of finding something interesting.

Imaithoothane from Ilaignan and the Sudha Raghunathan song from Mandhirapunnagai are good and show what VS is capable of when he puts his mind to it. Although the former reminds me of some MSV song(paartha gnyaabagam illayo?) and could have been inspired a bit. But good to hear some soaring string sections after a long time.Did he use a live orchestra?

vijayr
2nd January 2011, 01:52 AM
An interesting interview on Ilaignan songs
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article697135.ece

Looks like he has recorded it in London with a 90-piece orchestra and claims to have used some instruments for the first time. No wonder the orchestration sounds authentic and live

mahen01
2nd January 2011, 11:17 AM
Siruthai is just an ok album. Ilaignan is goood.

There are not much good albums in TFM after Enthiran except 1 or 2 good ones like Engayum Kadhal, Ilaignan, Mandira Punnagai.

So many threads for the Average albums like 16, Siruthai just because its YSR and VS.

In the mean time there are couple of good albums Kanden, Veppam came out from New MDs. Joshua Sridar is not new, but I wonder why he doesnt get chance. He is consistantly giving good albums.

Scale
2nd January 2011, 12:19 PM
vijayr,

PGI - I dont feel so.... may be you are referring to charanam part. Probably inspired from any of the classical music. I think this song is first of its kind and was a huge surprise to me coming from VS :clap: I wish the team all success!

sureshmehcnit
19th January 2011, 12:00 AM
இளைஞன் - வித்யாசாகர்

http://isaism.blogspot.com/2011/01/blog-post_17.html

jibi
9th February 2011, 09:49 AM
Malayalam Movie 'Makeup Man' Audio Released... 3 songs

The movie is directed by Shafi (Majaa fame)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04vKyedO8pk

iPremZ
30th July 2011, 05:47 PM
Vidyasagar has come out with yet another fantastic album. The song "Netru Illai Illai" by Madhu Balakrishnan and Binny Krishnakumar is a veritable treat for fans of classical music, yet it's got a pop touch. Outstanding.

roosevelt92
29th August 2011, 10:55 AM
what is the review of this movie?

R.Latha
24th November 2011, 01:24 PM
Akshay Kumar and Sonu Sood vie for hit song ‘Appdi Podu’

Don’t yet start dreaming of shaking booty on the Hindi equivalent of the Tamil chartbuster Appdi Podu. Sonu Sood who is supposed to have acquired the remake rights of the groovy number from southern film Ghilli has recently found out that Akshay Kumar too has got the remake rights of the song. Apparently, when Sonu approached Vidyasagar, the original composer of the song, for the Hindi version he was unaware that Akki too was in talks for the remake rights. So now there is slight confusion on who will groove to the chartbuster. It comes as no surprise that Chedi Singh of Dabangg is in no mood to fight any battles with his Singh is Kingg co-star. We don’t blame the actor for not taking the big star to court for this! Anyway, Sonu says, “There is some kind of confusion but we will sort it out. I am not here to fight legal battles. Whoever gets it, Akshay or me, it doesn’t matter.” Maybe not for Akshay who already has dime a dozen chartbusters in his kitty, but for Sonu this could be a highpoint in his Bollywood career, which by number have been very few. The popular actor had bought the song for his first home production Lucky Unlucky. Mallika Sherawat, the film’s leading lady, and he were expected to groove to it. According to our sources, Vidyasagar composed the Hindi version and Sunidhi Chauhan and Mika were set to sing it. Finally, we don’t care who gets the rights to the remake, we are simply glad that now we will have a version that’s comprehendible and can be sung.

R.Latha
17th February 2012, 08:19 PM
Mollywood is deeply in love with Vidyasagar. Ever since he created the unforgettable tunes of ‘Azhakiya Ravanan', he has been in great demand for Malayalis simply lapped up his music. ‘Vennila chandana kinnam…' featuring Kavya Madhavan as a child artiste and ‘Pranaya mani…,' which won Sujatha a State award, firmly entrenched Vidyasagar here. “Of course, I can speak Malayalam,” he states and when you ask him to reply in Malayalam, he does it much better than many of these TV anchors. He makes sure that he knows the meanings of the words before he gives them a musical identity.
http://www.thehindu.com/arts/cinema/article2900352.ece

interz
6th March 2012, 01:29 AM
Next tamil release for him is Thiruppangal starring Nanda and Andrea

audio release expected in march or april 2012

interz
30th March 2013, 05:21 PM
Finally the songs from Puthiya Thiruppangal (same movie as in previous post) has been released. Hope some one heard the songs., and will post their opionion/review abt the songs.

Singer karthick sung a good song buring the audio release, eagerly waiting to listen to full songs.

interz
18th April 2013, 02:46 PM
Puthiya Thiruppangal - A vidyasagar treat

"Iru Ithayam Sernthu" - Superbly sung by one of my favourite singers Karthick. He just fits well in melody songs.

"Oru Thuli, Iru Thuli" - The best song from this movie. Sounds like Ilayarajaish song from 80's, but with different orchestration. Haricharan and Chinmayi did sing well and clearly.

"Vaada Vaada maappilai" is is a foot tapping kuthu paattu with some sick electro sounds.

"I Know I am missing something" is another treat sung by Andrea Jeremiah. Ppl might say it sounds like Justin Timberlake's song "like I love you", the beat is certainly copied but the tune is not.

"Etha pakkam mazhai" (the bit song) aint bad either, wish it was longer though.

interz
1st June 2013, 04:55 PM
Lately Thalaivan audio has been released.

There are supposed to be six songs, one of the songs is a mother sentiment song sung by senior Yesudas, looking forward to listen to all songs as soon as they are online.

raagadevan
1st June 2013, 10:37 PM
interz: Here is a "bit" from that song from "Thalaivan - the Boss"...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DzUaRGE-8H4

interz
2nd June 2013, 01:29 AM
Thanks for the clip, sounds very promising.

Hopefully another melody treat.