View Full Version : Vidya Sagar's current and new offerings

Pages : [1] 2

28th June 2005, 09:57 PM
Do we also have a separate thread for VS's new albums? If so, this may be closed. Otherwise, it will be a complete travesty not to have one for this talented MD, who has bloomed relatively late in life. As far as I am concerned the only MD, apart from Deva, who comes *somewhat* close to MSV, KVM, IR and others of the seventies, in terms of spontaneity in several of his melodies, is VS. I am very pleased with two of his latest offerings:

1) Ding dong kovil maNi nAn kEttEn
2) Konja nEram konja nEram konji pEsa koodAdhA

The one issue I have is that "deja vu" feel in many of his songs. That said, which current MD is completely original?

28th June 2005, 10:16 PM
Konja neram didnt impress me very much. Rehash of earlier IR songs. I just posted the original of athinthom in the Chandramuki thread. Its a clean lift from a Mallu song.
VS, unfortunately has'nt done well in the last few months after he came into the limelight. His best was in the early years when he came up with good melodies for obscure films which flopped.

Some of my favourites:

1. Vaa saki, vaarai en thozhiye - arasiyal
2. Poothirukkum vaname - Pudhayal
3. Delhi Durbaar/Uyirodu uyiraaga songs
4. Mouname paarvayaai -Anbe sivam
5. Poi sollakooodathu -Run
6. neeya pesiyadhu, azhagooril poothavaLe - Thirumalai
7. aalanguyil - parthiban kanavu
8. un samayal - Dhil
9. thom thom thithithom - aLLi thandha vaanam

He has a pretty good sense of melody but his packaging of tunes is'nt completely original and he has'nt been able to find a style of his own like most current TFM MDs.

28th June 2005, 10:32 PM
Vijayr, try singing the two numbers I mentioned and you will feel good. In that sense, I am impressed with those two numbers :)
Do you sing yourself? I am no great shakes as a singer, though.

28th June 2005, 10:52 PM
I like VS for all his massy songs like Dhool, Ghilli, and CM. Talking abt his melodies, his AASAI AASAI song from Dhool is my favorite. I was mesmerized at the song and how romantic it was.....

K
28th June 2005, 11:22 PM
Konja Neram song was inspired by Pagaliley Oru Nilavinai Kanden Song some VjyaGanth Movie and Ding Dong is from Rathiriyil Pothirukum(or both may be in same raga)

yvsmani
29th June 2005, 01:15 PM
kanden kanden ethir kaalam naan kanden from madhurae, kaalai arumbi, chinna chinna agarangal katti from kana kanden are also good melodies from recent times from VS

29th June 2005, 05:20 PM
upcoming vidayasagar movies :

thambi
vaaliba desam
poi
maja(name will be changed)
mass

29th June 2005, 08:04 PM
"Talking abt his melodies, his AASAI AASAI song from Dhool is my favorite."

It is also at the top of my list of favorites. I think the same song appears in the Hindi movie Hulchul. Music by VS, of course. The music and the tune complement each other very well. Interesting to note that it doesn't figure in Vijayr's favorite VS numbers.

"Ding Dong is from Rathiriyil Pothirukum"

Is it? I don't discern any resemblance at all :) OTOH, I believe raathiriyil poothirukkum and andhi mazhai have some in common. It becomes clear if you sing the former first followed by andhi mazhai.

kamarajc
29th June 2005, 10:26 PM
My lovable numbers from Vidyasagar .....

1. Uchi mudhal paadham varai (Sengottai)
2. Poongaattru Veesum (Mr. Madras)
3. Malare Mounama (Karna)
4. Poovaasam purappadum (Anbe Sivam)
5. Raadhai manadhil (Snehidhiyae)
6. Vizhiyum Vizhiyum (Sathurangam)
7. Aval yaar aval&Thavamindri (Anbu)
8. Malai kaattru&I am thinking of you (Vedham)
9. Un Samayalarai&Oh Nanbanae (Dhill)
10. Karimizhi (Meesa MAdhavan <Mallu> )
11. Maragadha Mazhai&Malare nee Vaazhga (Power of Women)
12. Malare Malare Nillu Nillu(Nilaave Vaa..)
13. Ottrai paarvaiyile&Thoongum Puliyai (Puratchikkaaran)
14. Enna Thavam&Kanaa Kandaenadi (Parthiban Kanavu)

and many more.

30th June 2005, 10:40 PM
Some of my favorites:

1) Asai Asai appozhudhu
2) Ding dOng kOvil maNi
3) Konja nEram konja nEram
4) Poo vAsam
5) kAdhal vandhAl
6) kavidhai iravu
7) un samayal araiyil
8) thandhana thandhana thai mAsam
9) Poi solla koodAdhu kAdhali
10) kanA kandEnadi

2nd July 2005, 05:54 PM
some of my favourites :

1. mutham thara - jaihindh
2. malare mounama- karna
3. ennachu ennachu - muraimaman
4. thamarai poovukkum - pasum pon
5. bombay mami - villadhi villain
6. pogha sonnal - mr madras
7. bombay party - koyambathur maplai
8. kathalar mattum - mustapha
9. poothirukkum - pudhayal
10. vaarai en - arasiyal
11. sindhamani - aaha enna porutham
12. thulli varum - priyam
13. nee kaatru - nilaave vaa
14. i love you - uyiroodu uyiragha
15. thevathai vamsam - snehithiye
16. dhil dhil - dhil
17. thanthana - thavasi
18. malai kaatru - vedham
19. kathal vanthathum - povellam un vaasam
20. vaadi vaadi - alli thantha vaanam
21. ottrai paarvaiyile - puratchikaaran
22. ettil azhagu - pooparikka varugirom
23. vaada machan - run
24. ore manam - villain
25. mouname - anbe sivam
26. thaam thakka - thirumalai
27. ithuthan kappakilange - dhool
28. parthiban kanavu - kana kandenedi
29. enna thanthuduvaen - sathurangam
30. appadi poodu - ghilli
31. kilu kiluppana - sullan
32. ice katti - madhura
33. ding dong - ji
34. atho atho - london
35. devuda devuda - chandramukhi
36. kaalai arumbi - kana kanden

coucou
2nd July 2005, 06:17 PM
my nfavorites songs of VS:
1- thamarai poovukkum - pasumpon
2-kalai arumbi- kana kandean
3- elantha palam- madura
4- pambarakannu-madura
5- sundai kolli- sullan
7- arjunar villu- ghilli
8-kokarako- ghilli
9-appadi podu-ghilli
10- neeya pesiathu- thirumalai
11-kathal vanthal solli anuppu- iyarkai
12-kathal vanthathum-poovellam un vassam
13- thirumana malargal tharuvay- poovellam un vaasam
14-malare mounama- karnan
15- thottu thottu- kana kandean

the problem with VS songs: i hate these after listenning more time

9th July 2005, 12:29 AM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/07/08/stories/2005070800320400.htm

VS interview...

9th July 2005, 05:01 PM
thanks for for news, he will reach 200 movies totall soon.

13th July 2005, 04:32 PM
Congratulations for vidyasagar for winning National award........ :D

24th July 2005, 03:54 PM
which movies was the turning point of his career??

some one says dhill.. others say karna.... what do you think??

coucou
24th July 2005, 04:59 PM
i think dhill before, i don't say who is vidyasagar

31st July 2005, 02:31 PM
vidyasagars latest with kalainjar karunanidhi

PASAKILIKAL

- prabhu, murali

- naavya nair, malavika, roja

dir: rama narayanan

coucou
31st July 2005, 07:28 PM
[tscii:efd37a2013]AtrL LXeiP N֟ WU. SWVQ RV֡eh TP `TNefL'

LXO . LQ֌ LR, YN] GR AR CVeh CR TP W, W, YzY, SN, TrT, SV SV, U[L, U]L, W^, Vh, hU BfV֟ Szef\֟L.

CR TPeLL LO YW GV Lyz TP ffTL AU[. AR TP CR...

N R Y|U
N CXR RU
AT{]...
N R G\֥-TQ! S E]eh RY
NXR RU\֥ G]eh RY
R R Y|U?
RW R Y|U?
AT{]...?
R R G\֥-AT
RPVXU C|Y
RW R G\֥-LtN
RPVR| |Y
Lyz UX Te
LyP[Tz NYV?
G] LyP[... C| T֟T֕...!
G] UY֚ zeL |...
Gop Uּ E| |
E] G]eh E| |
pYR TL YeL |
LR TL pYeL |
GR EW Etr |
ER EW W |
GR X fPT]
AR XX jL |
CR U WRW G
GR Lև K|
Lyz UX Te LyP[
Ly|Ty| SPTV?
G] LyP[ C| T֟T֕...!
SV] CW| z |
Sh XL \ |
iWPY L[ |
iR NX E| |
G]e LtN B[ |.
GT TX Y[ L|
LRT֥ pX E[ |
Lyz LPL[ e L|.
AR rLjL[ Tp |
AR rLjL | RPW
AW U SW RYQ L|!

CRW LXO .LQ֌, LO Y֦, T. ^ BfV֣ CR TPeh TPL Gf\֟L.

CN- VNL. [/tscii:efd37a2013]

coucou
31st July 2005, 07:29 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/asp/cinema/dis_cine_box.asp?boxid=2

LYRCS by vairamuthu of one song of pasakiligal. vali nad pa. vijay penned lyrics too.

coucou
12th August 2005, 02:09 PM
ponniyin selvam is released

13th August 2005, 03:36 PM
thambi audio release on 15 august according to actor mathavan, hope its true.

7th September 2005, 08:30 PM
thambi got delayed because maddy became daddy gongrats to him, eagerly waiting for thambi on screen and on audio

8th September 2005, 10:17 AM
Ponniyin selvan is a very dull album by Vidhyasagar. Not even one song is worthy . Is "priyasakhi" also by VS?

yvsmani
8th September 2005, 12:52 PM
somehow I am hooked to Ponniyin selvan and Priyasakhi(Bharadwaj)
the best song from Ponniyin selvan is vennila sirakadikka followed by siru thooral thoora thoora.
As usual oru kuththu song thachuko thachuko, especially after the second interludes, Krishna endru solluvathu is superb.

8th September 2005, 02:50 PM
priyasakhi is by bhardway, indiaglitz is wrong when they credit to the wrong man instead of bharadwaj the original musicdirector for priyasakhi.

rajdes
8th September 2005, 04:14 PM
Bharadwaj, indeed, it is, for Priyasakhi, though the term "original MD" needs to be used with discretion. In this very movie, there was a rehash of "Sendhoorappoove.." from Sendhoorappoove!

27th November 2005, 06:57 PM
Vidyasagar bags an award:

The awardees for the Film Today awards of 2004 will be honoured at a function at Kamaraj Arangam in Chennai today. Vijay will bag the best actor and Asin will be the best actress. Namitha gets the best glamour star prize. Jeyam Ravi gets the special prize and S.J. Suryah the best popular star while the award for the hero with maximum number of films goes to Satyaraj.

Prakashraj is the best villain and Vadivelu is the best comedian. Ravikrishna wins the prize for best debutante actor and Sandhya is the best debutante actress. Balaji Sakthivel is the best director and A.M. Ratnam is the best producer. Vidyasagar is the best music director and Simbu gets the award for the best screenplay writer for his excellent work in Manmadhan.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News39/26-11-05/tamil-movies-news-vijay.html

28th November 2005, 01:56 PM
Prizes for the mediocrity best in TF . What a way to go. tch tch........

6th December 2005, 04:10 AM
Prizes for the mediocrity best in TF . What a way to go. tch tch........ :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Vidyasagar win win more awards for Chandramukhi. DId you take the wrong foot out of your bed when u waked up?? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

6th December 2005, 07:39 AM
Every time I listen to the music of Chandramukhi, I am enjoying it more and more. I used to think kokku para para was an ordinary number, but seen along with the movie several times, I have come to relish that song. I will even go to the extent of saying that every song is good. The Athindhom is a copy from Malayalam, though, and that is a slight blemish in an otherwise nice album. VS is good, no doubt about it.

7th December 2005, 12:24 AM
Music4ever, thats acquired taste, dont fall for it. Since they kept airing the songs ad nauseum on Sun TV it eventually reaches a level where you start humming them even without your realization. Chandramukhi is mediocre. Athindhom and rara werent completely original. ANNanoda paattu-typical dappanguthu which we have heard several hundred times before from VS himself. Konja neram dounds like a concoction of several old IR tunes and has deja vu written all over it. VS is capable but he has been routine and predictable of late. Majaa is another example.

nkv
7th December 2005, 12:00 PM
Has anyone heard Vidyasagar's first movie?

The movie was 'Maathangal Ezhu', which sank without a trace. But 2 Excellent songs, which is a testimony to Vidyasagar's real calibre..

1. Manithooral Thoovum - SPB (Awesome Melody)
2. Mettu... Enai Meettu - SPB,Chithra - This is a gem of a song, with the beautiful pallavi in Hamsanaadam. This was later taken in Malayalam as 'Aaro Viral Meetti' in the movie 'Pranayavarnangal'.

He is indeed an excellent MD, the best among the contemporary. His malayalam songs proves that..

rajdes
7th December 2005, 05:09 PM
nkv, good dig-up. but, yeah, that was way back in the early 90's. VS debuted in 1989 with Poo Manam, and was first noticed for Nila Pennae.Way back in 1991, I think

jibi
8th December 2005, 12:49 AM
couple of songs from nila penne
http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=54140
http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=85744

couple of from ayutha poojai

8th December 2005, 10:05 AM
Maadhangal Ezhu reminds me of only one scene and the song that goes behind it. It goes something like 'Annai madhi...chinna mani...poove' and Yugi Sethu is seen jumping from one tree to another while a fully pregnant Ramya Krishnan walks around!

Anyone remembers the exact song? And where I may possibly listen to it?

Also, here's something that I dug up while searching for the movie!

http://www.webulagam.com/temp/chat/tamil/archive/transcript32.htm

This is a chat transcript with Sethu in webulagam, where someone asks him about the Manithooral podum song and take a look at what Sethu's response is!!!!

The question is "sreedharvb : Maadhangal 7 padathil oru arumaiyaana padal (Enna paadala adhu (SPB), Music Dir yaar sir?"

The answer is in Tamil font and you need to see it in the site!

ezy0265
8th December 2005, 01:35 PM
Dear Jibi,

Both the songs you posted are not from the movie 'Nila Penne'. As far as I remember, Nilaa Penne was VS's first movie in Tamil featuring Anand and the pretty actress who passed away soon after, can't remember her name now (Divya Barathy?).

It has one of VS's all time best song, sang by Gangai Amaran and Chitra which goes like "patchai kiligal santhosama ottikiccha kiccha chan". It is as good as IR's Asaiya Katthula from Johnny. Super beat and pace. Believe me I had the casette. I have been searching for the CD or songs in the net for many years without success.

Another good song is "Thalaiyil Kreedangal" by SPB.

I hope someone here will post those songs. It is very sad to see that we can readily get good quality recordings of even MKT's songs on the net but we don't seem to have such recent songs by VS.

8th December 2005, 01:44 PM
That link of webulagam was working when I had posted it last but now there seems to be some issues. In case you're trying to access it, and it iasnt working, Yugi had mentioned VS as a composer but also adds that Meera Bai was the original composer!

Any idea which Meera song is he referring to? And where I can listen to this Manithooral track?

8th December 2005, 03:39 PM
Yugi had mentioned VS as a composer but also adds that Meera Bai was the original composer!

which means
VS composed for songs and Meera Bai was the composer for BGM? or VS reused the song or tune?

8th December 2005, 04:03 PM
I'm guessing the latter. VS might have adapted a Meerabai composition. But thats just a guess since I havent heard VS's track to even comment on which Meerabai song it could be!

nkv
9th December 2005, 10:16 AM
'Nila Penne' heroine was indeed Divyabharathi. It was her first movie. Then 'bobbili raja' (Valiban in Tamil) made her bus in Telugu.

ezy0265
9th December 2005, 07:39 PM
ANYONE HAS NILA PENNE SONGS????!!!!

jibi
17th December 2005, 09:39 PM
but i think most of pre 2001 albums are pure commercial... but he is awsome in malayalam.. I noticed VS from mallu.. then started to list tamil songs .. but i love his pre 99 stuff.. after 99 very few albums .. he showed his best ...

i think due to the trend ..he tries to keep pace with it and becomes an average composer

jibi
17th December 2005, 09:40 PM
any one when poi will be released... thats the only hope i have it for this year

jibi
17th December 2005, 09:47 PM
This is old songs i have from VS... i think most of the people have it.. any way im posting the link

Film: Ayuthappoojai
Song: Mukkulichu :| (truly awsome)
Singer: SPB
Mukkulichu (http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Ayuthapoojai-Mukkulichu__2005-11-19_aayudhapoojai-mukkul.mp3)

Film: Ayuthapoojai
Song: Akkakulikkirange
SInger: SPB & chorus
Akkakulingirange (http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Ayutha+Poojai-+Akkakulinkkiranga__2005-11-19_aayudhapoojai-akkaku.mp3)

Film: Thayin Manikodi (my cool pick :| )
Song: Noorandukku
Noorandukku (http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Noorandukku-Thayin+Manikodi+__2005-11-28_Nooraandukku.mp3)

Film: Subash
Song: Thendral vandhu
ThendralVandhu (http://www.badongo.com/file.php?file=Thendralvandhu__2005-11-28_subash-thendralvandh.mp3)

18th December 2005, 04:54 AM
forthcoming Vidyasagar releases Aathi, Paramasivan, Paasakiligal, Thambi(,Poi).....

22nd December 2005, 09:26 PM
a pleasant surprise...Sathurangam (starring: srikanth, sonia agarwal) is going to be released on 6th januray. The album had great songs, i wonder whether people remember the songs. HOpe the songs are picturized well.

24th December 2005, 10:19 AM
Aadhi. 100 words.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

9th January 2006, 08:52 PM
audio release for K Balachander's Poi, on 21th january

THe biggest Starts in KOllywood will attend at function, Rajni will be releasing the audio and Kamalhaasan will receive the first copy.

Vidyasagar must not fail with Balachandar, this is a great oppotunity to show he has something else to offer than Kuthu Songs.

I wish him best of luck with Poi!!!!!

jibi
10th January 2006, 10:27 AM
interz:
i heard it has five melodious numbers :)

ezy0265
10th January 2006, 10:48 AM
ANYONE HAS NILA PENNE SONGS????!!!!

Have been searching for these songs desperately. Hopefully some fan here has still has it.

sureshmehcnit
1st February 2006, 03:11 PM
i am surprised that there is no much talk about Thambi songs. vidhyasagar is back with beautiful melodies in which he is always best at.

reagan87
1st February 2006, 06:41 PM
I will have to echo what Suresh says. Vidyasagar is back with what he's best at and Thambi audio could be one of the best offerings of Vidysagar after some hiccups with Paramasivan, Paasakiligal & Aathi.

jibi
4th February 2006, 12:35 AM
Poi movie is releasing on 24th .. so audio should come out next week...

4th February 2006, 02:07 AM
athu POI..yaaa??

sureshmehcnit
5th February 2006, 10:20 AM
Here is my review on Thambi Album

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/02/thambi-music-review.html

5th February 2006, 04:53 PM
And my usual 100 words that I did of Thambi a few days back.
http://milliblog.blogspot.com/2006/01/thambi.html

Happened to see a few allegations that Sudum Nilavu is nothing but Azhagana Raatchasiye. But I believe both are set to Reeti Gowlai raagam and thats why the similarity. No copy, this.

Karthik

5th February 2006, 10:06 PM
inetk/suresh have u guys listened to paasakiligal album by VS yet? Thendral ennum by MadhuB from that album is probably the best number in recent times
http://www.oosai.com/tamilsongs/pasakiligal_songs.cfm

Ajith and Paramasivan were underwhelming. VS has to do more low-profile films where he has a chance to surprise.

jibi
7th February 2006, 10:55 PM
poi is releasing on this coming sunday :?

8th February 2006, 01:34 AM
poi is releasing on this coming sunday :?
:P :P :P :P

wish it was sunday tomorrow :roll:

ezy0265
9th February 2006, 10:06 PM
Found this song from 'Nilaa Penne' in cooltoad posted by www.Sukravathanee.tk

http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=230178

Does anyone know who this sukravathanee is? I have been desperately searching for songs from Nilaa Penne for years. The other songs from this Vidyasagar's first tamil film are truly superb and groundbreaking. The best is "patchai kiligal santhosama' by GA and Chitra. Hopefully this person has the rest of the songs to post. If someone has any information please respond and help.

Thank you.

10th February 2006, 03:25 AM
any one knows about a movie called "Naalaiya Seithi", who was the her and heroine??

according to sukravathanee music is by Vidyasagar too.

10th February 2006, 09:24 AM
IIRC, Nalaiya Seithi starred Prabhu and Kushboo and and has music by Adityan.

umaramesh
13th February 2006, 10:14 AM
Hi
Anyone heard songs from the film POI(KB MOVIE). This is first movie KB joining with vidya sagar.

ramesh

sureshmehcnit
18th February 2006, 08:47 AM
Poi Revu

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/02/poi-yematram.html

5th March 2006, 04:52 PM
next Vidyasagar release is Bangaram - telugu movie starring pawan kalyan and cute Nila ( directed by Tharani: Ethirum Puthirum, Dhil, Dhool, Ghilli), the movie is finished, its getting released soon, but there hasnt been any news about audio release.. i hope the success duo continues with bringin more hits.

6th March 2006, 07:54 AM
Happened to see a few allegations that Sudum Nilavu is nothing but Azhagana Raatchasiye. But I believe both are set to Reeti Gowlai raagam and thats why the similarity. No copy, this.

...funny whenever i hear Vidyasagar songs they remind me of other songs...but the similarites are too close no? Even for same raagam use...well that unsettles me until of course i find i like the song anyways :roll: :)

6th March 2006, 06:11 PM
I too felt that VS's number dangerously resembling "azhagaana raakshasiye" and "meettaadha oru veenai"
Querida, you must know that unfortunately VS is just another good MD, not a legend like IR. Only IR could give 4 4 different sounding Reethigowlai without any rEpetition
1. Chinna kannan azhaikkiraan To my memory, this stupendous song was the first Reethigowlai to be used in TFM
2. THALAIYAI KUNIYUM THAAMARAIYE - What a wonderful duet by SPB and Rajeshwari!!!
3. Raman kadhai kelungal - a sangeetha upanyasam song from ChippikkuL muthu, sung well by SPB
4. "MEETTAADHA ORU VEENAI" is a little complex reethigowlai composition from "poonthottam" , a late 90's movie.

7th March 2006, 07:59 AM
I agree with you, I do know it would be unfair to expect the same amount of talent as a legend from a aspiring MD...yet...but it is not through luck that Vidyasagar has survived so far it has been through talent...so just to take more care...even excluding the kadam use in the background...not such a similar tune used in the interlude, that would be more acceptable.

Please Thumburu I was wondering whether you could also give me the movie title to which the first and second song appear or where i could find the first two songs please...it will be much appreciated. :D

7th March 2006, 12:41 PM
Bangaram audio to be released on 15th March!
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/telugu/article/20870.html

7th March 2006, 07:21 PM
thanks for the information inetk

17th March 2006, 09:49 AM
Bangaram audio out. Vijay speaks in Telugu during the launch!
http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/audio-bangaram.html

Any online listening yet, somewhere?

17th March 2006, 02:23 PM
100 words. On Bangaram!

17th March 2006, 07:51 PM
100 words. On Bangaram!

Hi! I liked your posts on Vettayaadu Vilayaadu, Chithiram Pesuthadi and Pattiyal...Itwofs is your site? Then I'll have to thank you cause I posted previously on how much I appreciate your site, it let me find the piece "Victory" from Bond. :thumbsup:

17th March 2006, 08:48 PM
A heavy mix ...headspinning fantastic music from Vidyasagar esp. the Ra Ra Bhangra song and the remix are catchy. A must for masala lovers. HOpe Bangaram will finally give Vidyasagar a breakthrough in Telugu, its here he hasnt succeeded yet.

17th March 2006, 10:28 PM
Listen to Bangaram online at

http://www.musicahead.net/telugu/songlist.php?movie=Bangaram#

http://www.megafans.com/music/search.php?do=list.tracks&col=al_id&val=771&sort=al

27th March 2006, 05:34 PM
:) Vidayasagar's forthcoming tamil movies:

Runway:thumbsup:
- prasanth, ferhana
- tamilselvan (director)

Mozhi :thumbsup:
- prithviraj, jyothika, swarnamalya
- radha mohan (alaghiya theeya fame)

Sivamayam :thumbsup:
- vishal, heroine ???
- karu pazhaniyappan (director)

jibi
30th March 2006, 06:57 AM
more details... like directors, actors and release dat 8-)

vasanth2006
30th March 2006, 01:52 PM
Metti oli thirumurugan is directing a new film.
bharath is acting in this movie.
Vidyasagar is the composer.
today i seen the ad in the "thina dhanthi"

name? i forgotten.it's a diff name.

30th March 2006, 05:38 PM
EmDen Maghan???

3rd April 2006, 04:13 PM
Watch out for Mozhi, jyothika - vidyasagar combination never failed.....

Snehithiye (2001)
Poovellam Un Vaasam (2001)
Dhool (2003)
Thirumalai (2003)
Chandramukhi (2005)

4th April 2006, 12:40 PM
VS fans ! :)

anyone having link for Thaayin manikodi song from jai hind :?:

wanna hear that...heard that song is tooo good .. :P

4th April 2006, 05:14 PM
thayin manikodi - jai hind
http://as01.cooltoad.com/music/song.php?id=62016

I doubt its in good sound quality

5th April 2006, 06:24 AM
Thanks man..!!! :D

23rd April 2006, 03:41 PM
Vidyasagar is choosen to compose songs to Bangaram remake starring Vijay.

Better hope he doesnt use the same songs from Bangaram too.

ansa400
17th June 2006, 08:34 AM
Guyz, whats up with VS? Is he out of TFM? donno if he's got any tamil movies in the future :huh: He has only POI as of now I guess.

12th August 2006, 01:52 AM
Emmton Magan songs are released today, u can listen to the songs in oosai now.

Enjoy all.

jibi
12th August 2006, 11:02 PM
Madhu balakrishnan song is excellent :)

22nd August 2006, 12:05 PM
[tscii:0edb7ff891]My 100 words on Emdan Magan, with music by Vidyasagar went up on August 16th. Rediffs review was posted by S Sudha on August 21st.

http://www.rediff.com/movies/2006/aug/21emdan.htm

Do I see a Kaavya-styled internalized lift here? Sample these!

Mine: As a soundtrack, Emdan Magan disappoints
Rediff: Vidyasagars score for Emden Magan is not great; in fact, it is disappointing

Mine: Varaaru is marginally catchy, which will need significant help from its picturization to impress better
Rediff: Vaararu Varaaru is marginally catchy, but will need significant help from its accompanying visuals to impress.

Mine: Kalloori is a routine youngsters track in the usual Vidyasagar mode.
Rediff: Kalloori is a routine youth track in the usual Vidyasagar style.

Mine: The composer returns to his Thambi-styled melodies in Koligundu kannu and Mannmeedhu - both are beautifully tuned and very well sung.
Rediff: He comes up with his Thambi-style melodies in Koligundu Kannu and Mannmeedhu, both of which are tastefully tuned and very well sung.

What do you thinkdo I have a case?[/tscii:0edb7ff891]

22nd August 2006, 10:43 PM
haha...... copy paste panumbothu konjam think pannirukalam...... i wud have suggested her to copy in a different way

>>Emdan magan leaves u upset as a soundtrack

>> Varaaru even though catchy would still need a brilliant camerawork to make a mark on the viewers

>> Kaloori is a old wine delievered in a new bottle by vidyasagar

>> the composer picks up cue from his own Thambi in churning out melodies, both are melancholly tuned and excellently rendered

22nd August 2006, 11:27 PM
when I read that phrase "thambi-styled melodies" in rediff review it somehow struck me that I had read it somewhere else but not sure where. It now looks like it was from your review after all. You can probably add it to your copied songs site(i2fs?) as the first review lift :-)

Jacky
23rd August 2006, 02:24 AM
A classical case of "Thirunelveli ke halwa".

jibi
24th August 2006, 07:39 PM
He is signed for movie directed by PrakashRaj (Remake of Malayalam Superhit Udhayananu Tharam).

In mallu he is coming back Lal Jose-Dileep Movie

jibi
24th August 2006, 07:39 PM
He is signed for movie directed by PrakashRaj (Remake of Malayalam Superhit Udhayananu Tharam).

In mallu he is coming back Lal Jose-Dileep Movie

25th October 2006, 03:15 AM
Sivapathigaram audio released today, I hope some of you will post reviews of the songs soon, I am eager to hear what you think of the songs.

vimalkumar
25th October 2006, 06:32 PM
Songs are fantastic.. Four of them are fusion traditional folk and film music... He is going great...

25th October 2006, 07:52 PM
A very unique effort. I'm sure a lot of credit should go to Director Karu Pazhaniappan to imagine a soundtrack of this nature. This is not a massy soundtrack and some of the tracks may require the film's context to appreciate them better. But, we need to applaud VS and the Director in breaking the mould and thinking of a combination of songs like this!

Here's 100 words!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

25th October 2006, 07:56 PM
I echo inetk's comments....simply astounding...heres mine.

http://sevenmountain.blogspot.com/2006/10/sivappathigaram-album-review-return-of.html

To summarise its folk given different brandishings with two brilliant melodies. Just give it a listen. :2thumbsup:

popeye11
25th October 2006, 08:25 PM
Very Good Songs!
Hats off to the team

26th October 2006, 10:10 AM
Hulkster ,are the songs available online anywhere?

Eager to check out VS.He has had a rough outing lately, but his strong sense of melody(he might be the only true-blue melody composer left) seems to be intact if your reviews are anything to go by. He needs to work more with the likes of Karu pazhinappan.

26th October 2006, 10:27 AM
Never mind , I found the link for the mp3s
http://tamilcinema.eu/music/index.php?p=Latest%20Songs/1%20-%20Sivappathigaram

will chk them out in detail later. Atrai thingaL seems quite promising.

VS seems to be the only MD remembering singers like MadhuB ,Sujatha etc.

26th October 2006, 04:48 PM
His melody is certainly intact...athrai thingal has a better VS stamp then chithirayil enna which i feel has abit of IR in the orchestration. But both melodies are certainly contenders alongside munbe vaa and oru naalil for the best melody this year. Karu Palaniappan has been the one of the few directors who has really extracted from him...the songs in sathurangam and parthiban kanavu are very classy and suits the movie well. Now you can add Karu Palaniappan and VS in the list of most expected dir and md combo. :D

vimalkumar
27th October 2006, 09:58 AM
Yes... They are one of the best Combo.... Unfortunately No good director's turning towards VD.. Otherwise he would have been the hottest now.. Anyway one will remember him for his westernised melodies....

27th October 2006, 08:31 PM
I listened to the album and liked it. Different from the usual stuff. Some authentic folk singing/folk percussion after a long time. GV Prakash did a similar attempt in Veyyil, but this album seems a bit more authentic. VS has done a good job choosing the right voices, Atrai thingaL(thought it had a Kaanada touch) is a surefire winner and I hope its picturized well. Why doesnt anyone else use Sujtha or MadhuB much?

28th October 2006, 09:01 AM
Vijayr they only seem to call sujatha for very slow paced melodies like nenjodu kalanthidu but other than that we dunt see her much what with sadhana sargam being used for her style of songs. Madhu Balakrishnan is used by IR and VS usually and you can see the Yesudoss style in him. :D

yvsmani
29th October 2006, 10:23 PM
i think sujatha has not got National award yet (atleat in tamil)..... why is it so ...
VS uses her in his songs very well.

sureshmehcnit
30th October 2006, 11:47 PM
My thoughts...

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2006/10/sivapathigaram-music.html

vasanth2006
6th November 2006, 07:55 PM
Very Good Folk numbers + one very good melody number.

All folk numbers tunes are having reality. these numbers brings my old village memories. Thanks VS!!! :D

"chithiraiyil" song has the demonstration of how to use the folk tune for the techno melody. that shows the immense talent of VS.

"atrai thingal" is simply superb even though it has some shades of old VS song ( i think one song in vedham or some song in chadurangam. unable to recollect). this song shows the melody sense of VS. Pick of the Album.
overall good folk album.

umaramesh
10th November 2006, 04:51 PM
When we met SPB a few weeks back, he was praising Vidyasagar (he even said VS had composed a symphony with a foreign orchestra way before IR did).

message for VS fans. can anyone give more info onthis.

regards
ramesh

aruvi
10th November 2006, 09:34 PM
YVSmani,

She has said that it is just a matter of luck. Not all films that have good songs are sent to National Award. Some years, she missed in a narrow margin.

I do wish she would get one. She has sung many great songs in Malayalam, though in Tamil, the first and only one that pops up in my mind immediately is Puthu Vellai Malai.

rajdes
11th November 2006, 07:49 AM
Sujatha is a lovely singer and VS must be commended for being the only MD to regularly use her. Niram Pirithu Parthaen from Time is a personal favourite of mine. In a way you could say she is all that is Chitra is minus the breathing sound in between phrases :-). Ofcourse, comparisons are meaningless so the above stands
VS has made many favourites in this millenium for me such as Paarthiban Kanavu, Anbe Sivam, Run and Poovellaam un Vaasam, Sadhurangam(Any chance of this movie being released ?- it would be a crime if such beautiful songs went unheralded). But he has had a horrendous run recently - good to read good reviews of this new movie. Should check it out.

13th November 2006, 04:41 PM
Commendrable Work by VS. Iam able to Listen here what Iam missing in Raaja's Songs offlate :)

27th November 2006, 06:52 AM
Famed music director Vidhyasagar and upcoming movie star Vishal are in Malaysia to promote Sivapathikaaram. Malaysians can call and speak to them tomorrow from 1pm to 3pm on Minnal.fm while THR.fm will have a different session.
Both Vidhyasagar and Vishal will also be at several cinemas throughout Malaysia - see the Tamil dailies for further details.

19th December 2006, 08:08 PM
Vidyasagars next Movie MOzhi is supposed to release in january, i think we can look forward to another melodious treat from him.

2006 has also been a good year for Vidyasagar. Thambi , Emtton Maghan and Sivapathigaram carried good audio response from the musiclovers. HOpe 2007 will bring Vidyasagar to greater heights.

20th December 2006, 09:49 AM
Goli Kundu kannu kovai pazha uthadu is a nice song. I haven't paid attention to VS's other melodies recently. His fortunes are on the downslide, so he needs to come up with songs of the type of Run to offer any semblance of competition to Harris and Yuvan who are crushing all opposition in TFM. Harri's latest Unnale Unnale is a winner all the way.

25th December 2006, 12:05 PM
Anyone heard Periyar songs? Are they good?

25th December 2006, 07:00 PM
Periyar??? wasnt it Ilayaraja who was supposed to compoese the bgm and songs to periyar???

25th December 2006, 07:26 PM
yupp...among the Dec releases, Unnale Unnale stands the best... among alwar,pokkiri, etc etc....

yea??? and isnt Periyar is by IR ?? :shock:

25th December 2006, 10:39 PM
Periyar??? wasnt it Ilayaraja who was supposed to compoese the bgm and songs to periyar???

IR wasn't even approached for this movie acc. to his interview. VS is doing the movie, songs were released couple of days ago.

bulb_mani
26th December 2006, 12:31 AM

IR wasn't even approached for this movie acc. to his interview. VS is doing the movie, songs were released couple of days ago.

Well IR said he wont compose for the movie as he was a theist....he was the first choice... came out in newspapers... sorry for the digression had to explain what happened :roll:

24th January 2007, 06:51 AM
La La La ILayaivaLE ...

What a fantastic number from Vidyasagar. Of true MSV vintage. Brought back Manmadha Leelai/NinaithalE inikkum days. The flute in the first interlude, oh God, absolutely fabulous. Hats off, melody genius Vidyasagar. No other new song, not even, Munbe va, appeals to me as much as this beautiful gem.

24th January 2007, 07:04 AM
La La La ILayaivaLE ...

What a fantastic number from Vidyasagar. Of true MSV vintage. Brought back Manmadha Leelai/NinaithalE inikkum days. The flute in the first interlude, oh God, absolutely fabulous. Hats off, melody genius Vidyasagar. No other new song, not even, Munbe va, appeals to me as much as this beautiful gem.:yes:

I nominated it for the Song of the Year, but no one noticed it then.

Vintage SP Bala! :thumbsup:

yvsmani
24th January 2007, 01:57 PM
La La La ILayaivaLE ...
enna tholaithaai - both are quite good and beautifully rendered by both the singers. all the songs in POI are situational. (NOV anna - neenga sonnathu appadiyae irukku)

yvsmani
24th January 2007, 01:58 PM
In Hitler penne - sujath's voice is so sweet

24th January 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, NOV, I agree -- of SPB vintage also. I liked the song when I watched it on screen (I had the chance to watch the movie in PVR cinemas in Bangalore during my recent trip to India and enjoyed the whole movie) but due to other activities did not look at the nominated list carefully enough here on the hub. Else I would have surely voted for it instead of Munbe vA.

yvsmani, the Hitler Penne number is also a good one. KB's touch is there in both the songs.

24th January 2007, 04:48 PM
Yes, NOV, I agree -- of SPB vintage also. I liked the song when I watched it on screen (I had the chance to watch the movie in PVR cinemas in Bangalore during my recent trip to India and enjoyed the whole movie) but due to other activities did not look at the nominated list carefully enough here on the hub. Else I would have surely voted for it instead of Munbe vA.

yvsmani, the Hitler Penne number is also a good one. KB's touch is there in both the songs.

24th January 2007, 07:36 PM
I was feeling quite lonely thinking that I alone anjoyed POI very much, but now it looks like I have company. :D

:yes:
poi IS the movie of the year!
iniyavalE ilaiyavalE is the song of the year!

rajeshkrv
26th January 2007, 04:38 AM
poi songs are good

sat_srini
27th January 2007, 10:18 PM
Trailer of Mozhi - http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/8226.html

An Excellent song!!!!!

28th January 2007, 08:13 AM
sat_srini the trailor has been there for quite long :( but hopefully now it gets more notice...the guitar usage in the song is exceptionally rendered..man i cant wait for the songs to come out. Perhaps VS may not be a all rounder but when it comes to melodies...he is the king of the current crop now. I feel atrai thingal was not given proper recognition :D

31st January 2007, 04:55 PM
Finally. Today's Dinamalar carries an ad that the music will be released shortly!

sureshmehcnit
1st February 2007, 08:31 AM
audio is releasing on Feb 4, (todays hindu ad)

6th February 2007, 12:22 AM
any one has heard the songs in MOZHI and want to give a review???

sureshmehcnit
6th February 2007, 01:26 PM
Wow.....Great....Great....Great....

Vairamuthu + Vidhyasagar recreates 'Malarae Mounama' magic in all the songs in this soundtrack...

buy it now.... detailed opinion later.....

6th February 2007, 05:00 PM
Mozhi. A deserving 200 words!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/

Niharika
6th February 2007, 07:09 PM
Hey from where can i download 'mozhi' audio tracks... I'm eager to listen to it.
I jus heard a song by Balram two days back which was good...

jibi
6th February 2007, 11:08 PM
You can listen to the songs at

www.mozhithefilm.com

kb
8th February 2007, 12:34 AM
wow.. superb song.. waiting for the full album

sureshmehcnit
8th February 2007, 12:39 PM
En karuththai kaelungal ingae

http://ursmusically.wordpress.com/2007/02/08/mozhi

Kumanan
10th February 2007, 10:02 PM
I find Pesa Madanthaiyae the pick of the album (Slightly better than Katrin Mozhi). A perfect song from the start. Lyrics and the Singing at its best.

"Varthaihalal Kaathalithaen
Jaadaigalaal Sahadithaai
Mazhai thaan kaeten Penne
Idi Minnal thanthai Kannae."

Madhu Balakrishnan + VS + Vyramuthu delivers a perfect song.

This album is definitly one of the career best for VS!

12th February 2007, 06:43 PM
Very Good Album Indeed. Truely refreshing. Its been a longtime I thoroughly enjoyed a full album. Bits songs are mindblowing.

Looks like a matured team work. :thumbsup: I sincerely wish this movie to become a hit.

14th February 2007, 02:27 PM
Its strange that no one has yet commented on Vidyasagar reusing one of his Malayalam originals for 'Kannaal pesum penne'!!

The original is from the film Sathyam Shivam Sundaram...the song goes, 'Walking in the moonlight' (Ilamaan Kanniloode) sung by Hariharan - almost 95% is same as in the Tamil version.

Listen to the original here (last track in both pages)...

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malayalam/movie/M0000654.html

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/music_director.1296/

Karthik

kb
14th February 2007, 10:33 PM
my favs..

mouname mouname - srinivas
pesamadanthaiye - madhu
kaatrin mozhi - balram

jibi
15th February 2007, 10:50 PM
Its strange that no one has yet commented on Vidyasagar reusing one of his Malayalam originals for 'Kannaal pesum penne'!!

The original is from the film Sathyam Shivam Sundaram...the song goes, 'Walking in the moonlight' (Ilamaan Kanniloode) sung by Hariharan - almost 95% is same as in the Tamil version.

Listen to the original here (last track in both pages)...

http://www.raaga.com/channels/malayalam/movie/M0000654.html

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/music_director.1296/

Karthik

It is true, The Malayalam Version is the first one to come out, He even used that in A telugu movie, which later dubbed to Hindi as Durga.

But this SPB # is the best from all of the versions. Espec ANupallavi

I dunno Reusing the tune is good or Bad.... but make changes like this one, its really worth it

22nd February 2007, 07:53 PM
Vidyasagar wins Tamil audio race with 'Mozhi':

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/3952/

24th March 2007, 07:18 PM
Vidyasagar got some interesting forth coming releases :yakyak:

Privom Santhippom (Cheran, Kamalini Mukharji) directed by Karu Palaniyappan

Aruvadai (Mammooty, Sneha) directed by debutant Karthick, former assistant of Manirathnam.

- and a movie starring Vijay, Trisha directed by Dharani (Ghilli adippaangalaa??)

26th March 2007, 05:05 PM
If "Pirivom sandhipom" has the story base of Sujatha's 80's novel by the same name, then the choice of the lead actors is suicidal, cataclysmic to say the least :((

26th June 2007, 06:35 AM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=345013&disdate=6/26/2007

VS gets award for Chandramughi...804 days' run!

4th April 2008, 06:03 PM
Arai En 305il Kadavul songs are out now.

Adada daa
Kathal Sei
Kurai Ondrum Illai
Thendralukku Nee
Aavaram Poovukkum

I am very satisfied with the songs. Each song is different. "Kathal Sei " is my favourite song. Thendralukke Nee is a trademark vidyasagar song all the way, melodious and soothing.

I look forward to your opionions and reviews about the songs.

6th April 2008, 12:23 PM
Neat soundtrack. Here's my nooru!

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/04/06/arai-en-305il-kadavul-tamil-vidyasagar/

25th April 2008, 05:43 PM
Vidyasagar is still hot in Malayalam movies

Check out the movie songs from MUlla (2008)

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/malayalam/s/movie_name.9616/

Kanalukal & Kannin , absolutely great songs.

R.Latha
20th May 2008, 01:35 PM
விஜய், தரணி, வித்யாசகார் இந்த மூவர் கூட்டணியின் கெமிஸ்ட்ரி இந்த முறை குருவியிலும் சொல்லி அடித்திருக்கிறது.

வித்யாசாகரைச் சந்தித்தோம்.

`மலரே மௌனமா...,' `கனா கண்டேனடி' போன்ற மெலடிகளைக் கொடுத்த நீங்களே `குருவி'யில் குத்துப் பாடல்களை நம்புகிறீர்களே?

``இதில் உங்களிடமிருந்து கொஞ்சம் வேறுபடுகிறேன். `குத்து' என்று இப்போதுதான் சொல்கிறார்கள். இது குத்துப் பாட்டு இல்லை. நாட்டுப்புற பாடலின் இன்னொரு வடிவம். எத்தனை காலத்திற்குதான் பண்பாட்டு இசையை, நாட்டுப் பாடல்களின் ஒரே மாதிரியான இசையை கேட்டுக் கொண்டிருக்கமுடியும். இதையே கொஞ்சம் மாடர்ன் பண்ணி கொடுக்கலாமே என்று தொடங்கின முயற்சிதான், ஆட்டம் போட வைக்கிற இந்த மாதிரியான பாடல்கள். இது ரசிகர்களுக்குப் பொழுது போக்காக இருக்கிறதால் ரசிச்சு மறுபடியும் மறுபடியும் தியேட்டருக்கு வருகிறார்கள். இதுதானே சினிமாவின் வெற்றிக்குத் தேவை. எனவே குத்துப் பாடல்கள் என்று அடையாளப்படுத்தாதீர்கள். ஒதுக்காதீர்கள்.''

நீண்டகாலமாகவே இப்படியொரு காரணம் சொல்லப்படுகிறது. ``மக்கள் விரும்புகிறார்கள் அதனால் கொடுக்கிறோம்'' என்ற இந்தக் கருத்து முற்றிலும் சரியா?

``சரி என்று நான் சொல்ல மாட்டேன். ஆனால், இன்றைய இளைஞர்கள் புதிய சப்தங்களை ரசிக்கிறார்கள். ஒரு தயாரிப்பாளர் ஏற்கெனவே வெற்றி பெற்ற டீமை வைத்து படம் பண்ண நினைக்கிறார். அந்த டீம் வெற்றி பெற்ற முந்தைய படத்தில் என்னவெல்லாம் செய்தோமோ, அதையே கொஞ்சம் மாற்றி மெருகேற்றி இந்தப் படத்திலும் செய்கிறார்கள். இது ரசிகர்களால் ஏற்றுக் கொள்ளப்படும்பொழுது அந்தப் படம் வெற்றிப் படமாக அமைந்து விடுகிறது.''

`தில்லையாடி வள்ளியம்மை' குறித்து எழுதப்பட்ட அந்த வரிகளை எப்படி கவனிக்கத் தவறினீர்கள்?

``இது தெரியாமல் நடந்து விட்ட தவறு. ரிலீஸ் அவசரத்தில் கடைசியாக பதியப்பட்ட அந்த `பாடலை' கவனிக்கத் தவறி விட்டோம். ஆனால் பிறகு அது கண்டுபிடிக்கப்பட்டு சரி செய்து ஆடியோ விற்பனைக்கு அனுப்புவதற்குள் முதல் ரவுண்டில் விற்ற கேசட்டில் வெளிவந்து விட்டது. இதற்காக மன்னிப்புக் கேட்டுக் கூட கடிதம் எழுதியிருக்கிறார்கள்.''

முன்பு டி.எம்.எஸ். சுசீலா, எஸ்.பி.பி., ஜானகி என்று சில குறிப்பிட்ட பாடகர்கள் பாடிய எல்லா பாடல்களுமே ஹிட். அவர்களும் நீண்ட காலம் சினிமாவில் இருந்தார்கள். ஆனால், இப்போது ஏராளமான பாடகர்கள். யாருடைய குரலையும் அடையாளம் காண முடியவில்லையே ஏன்...?

"அன்று வெளிவந்த பெரும்பாலான பாடல்களை இவர்கள்தான் பாடினார்கள். அதோடு அவர்கள் குரலுக்கு ஒரு தனித்தன்மை இருந்தது. தனித்தன்மை இல்லாத எந்த ஒரு விஷயமும் அடையாளப்படுத்தப்படாது.''

அன்றைய பாடல்களை இன்றும் ரசிப்பதுபோல், உங்கள் பாடல்கள் இருபது வருடங்களுக்குப் பிறகு ரசிக்கப்படுமா?

``அந்த நம்பிக்கையோடுதான் வேலை செய்கிறோம். நிச்சயமாக ரசித்துக் கேட்கும்படிதான் இருக்கும் என் பாடல்கள். அதற்கு என் மெலடி பாடல்களே சாட்சி. வெளியூர் ஷூட்டிங்கிற்குப் போயிருந்தபோது பொதுமக்கள் என்னை அடையாளம் கண்டு கொண்டு பேசுகிறார்கள். நான் ஹீரோவும் இல்லை. காரணம், என்னுடைய பாடல்கள்தான் என் முகம்.''.

22nd May 2008, 09:42 PM
For whoever's interested, Vidyasagar's new Hindi film, directed by Priyadarshan.

http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/05/22/mere-baap-pehle-aap-hindi-vidyasagar-tauseef-akhtar/

22nd May 2008, 10:40 PM
This must be the third film for Akshaya Kanna by Vidyasagar (Delhi Dharbar, Hulchul, Mere Baap Phle Aap)

Sad to hear and see Vidyasagar struggles getting succes in telugu movies and hindi movies.

2nd June 2008, 06:07 PM
Jeyam Kondaan audio release on 7th June. The third Vidyasagar tamil movie audio release this year, it's just getting better and better.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/38999.html

7th June 2008, 05:54 PM
[tscii:b9d3c1741c]After a spate of recent, impressive soundtracks, Vidyasagar's work Jayam Kondaan while interesting for the predominance of melodies - is just functional.

100!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/06/07/jayam-kondaan-tamil-vidyasagar/[/tscii:b9d3c1741c]

8th June 2008, 01:31 AM
where can i download the songs of JK

9th June 2008, 08:26 PM
MR Inetk could you tell me whether "Naan Varainthu Vaitha Sooriyan" is a full song or bit song? I've been hearing the song in several musicpages and it ends on 1.13 , each time.

9th June 2008, 08:51 PM
MR Inetk could you tell me whether "Naan Varainthu Vaitha Sooriyan" is a full song or bit song? I've been hearing the song in several musicpages and it ends on 1.13 , each time.

its a full song ..... listen online here :

http://music.galatta.com/entertainment/music/songs/albumid/1179/movie/jayam_kondaan.html

its a beautiful song... another magical track from the " Vaaji Vaaji " Combo, Hariharan and Madhushree....

9th June 2008, 09:12 PM
interz: As Dinesh says, its indeed a full song! Don't go by the downloads - incidentally that uploader has added a full version of the song now :-)

21st June 2008, 12:21 AM
"The exchanges are outrageously loud, the jokes either banal or threatening to get there. And music a fill-in medium for the sake of the audio cassette companies."
says The Hindu:-( Not even mentions the MD's name. Poor VS - talented but still without a break in HFM.
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/06/20/stories/2008062050920200.htm

23rd June 2008, 02:29 PM
Soundtrack of VS's second film with director Thirumurugan - Muniyandi Vilangiyal Moondraam Aandu (MVMA) releases today. Anyone heard it yet?

24th June 2008, 09:10 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14701720

siNdu mudiyal?

24th June 2008, 09:56 PM
Barring just one track, Muniyaandi's soundtrack is disappointing.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/06/24/muniyaandi-vilangiyal-moondraam-aandu-tamil-vidyasagar/

kamarajc
24th June 2008, 10:24 PM
Do you notice traces of 'Nilave Nilave (Nilaave Vaa)' sung by Vijay in the song 'Adhaikoodavaa' from Jayamkondaan. Its an unworthy nostalgic ride i guess.

25th June 2008, 07:53 PM
Personally I like Alibaba songs better than Muniyandi Vilangiyal Moondraamaandu(MVM).

2008 seems like an odd year, its quite before Vidyasagar got more movie songs released than SriKanthDeva and Imaan.

Further more Mahesh Saranya and Raaman Thediya Seethai audio songs are releasing soon...

What a year

25th June 2008, 07:58 PM
Personally I like Alibaba songs better than Muniyandi Vilangiyal Moondraamaandu(MVM).

2008 seems like an odd year, its quite before Vidyasagar got more movie songs released than SriKanthDeva and Imaan.

Further more Mahesh Saranya and Raaman Thediya Seethai audio songs are releasing soon...

What a year

Where can i download Alibaba songs? Do u have any link?

26th June 2008, 01:21 PM
Can you all guess this coincidence.

Coincidence in Music: http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/06/interesting-coincidence.html

write in ur suggestion there

26th June 2008, 09:15 PM
If you're referring to Anbe Sivam's title song, I feel he similarity is really marginal, in the way the first word is dragged that for just 2 words.

Madevan94
26th June 2008, 11:56 PM
ya, "yaar yaar sivam" from anbe sivam is a slow version of this sample..

27th June 2008, 09:50 AM
[tscii:176ec982fc]Alibaba - Vidyasagars disappointing streak continues!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/06/27/alibaba-tamil-vidyasagar/[/tscii:176ec982fc]

27th June 2008, 10:35 AM
Inetk and Madevan,

Your guess is right. The similiraty is very minimal. Thats why i called it a Coincidence :)

28th June 2008, 06:09 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/15578.html

Vidyasagars request at audio release function.

A fair request IMO. This happens a lot in audio functions.

30th June 2008, 10:38 AM
Coincidence updated here :)

http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/06/answer-for-last-weeks-post-coincidence.html

29th July 2008, 09:47 PM
'Raaman Thediya Seethai' music out tomorrow.

http://dkn.dinakaran.co.in/2972008/1218529_1.jpg

30th July 2008, 02:31 AM
Great news, I am eagerly waiting to listening to the songs.

SO many Vidyasagar releases this year.. I cant wait to Mahesh Saranya mattum Palar, Abhiyum Naanum, Peraanmai.., and Vidyasagar will be the one composing the songs for the remake of Jab We Met if Karu Palaniappan directs the movie.

30th July 2008, 06:02 AM

SO many Vidyasagar releases this year.. I cant wait to Mahesh Saranya mattum Palar, Abhiyum Naanum, Peraanmai.., and Vidyasagar will be the one composing the songs for the remake of Jab We Met if Karu Palaniappan directs the movie.

Musical Department in safe hands... !! :D

30th July 2008, 08:39 AM

I dont think so..VS is in bad shape..3 flop albums in a row..He needs to rediscover himself...JAb we met was a musical treat and i dont think VS could do justice to the music

30th July 2008, 09:44 AM

I dont think so..VS is in bad shape..3 flop albums in a row..He needs to rediscover himself...JAb we met was a musical treat and i dont think VS could do justice to the music

RTS will have quality songs unlike his previous releases. it has a friendship number too. :) lets wait for one more day :)

30th July 2008, 04:24 PM
Nooru.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/07/30/raman-thediya-seethai-tamil-vidyasagar/

30th July 2008, 04:28 PM
Nooru.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/07/30/raman-thediya-seethai-tamil-vidyasagar/

Good review.. :clap:

Dint i tel that RTS will have quality nos. :)

Yet to listen to the album. will listen and post my review :)

31st July 2008, 08:47 PM
RTS songs are enjoyable. I like "Mazhai nindru", "Ippave Ippave" and "DJDisco".

I wish best of luck to RTS team on big screen.

1st August 2008, 02:43 PM
My review here.

http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/08/raman-thediya-seethai-vidyasagar-music.html

hope u all agree with my review :)

1st August 2008, 03:26 PM
My review here.

http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/08/raman-thediya-seethai-vidyasagar-music.html

hope u all agree with my review :)

i personally enjoy all ur reviews.... :) ... this 1 is good too... hats off.... eager to read more audio reviews from u in future......

ezy0265
2nd August 2008, 06:20 PM
Very good songs!!!

The best from VS so far this year.....

He has not lost it at all. Keep it up VS.

2nd August 2008, 07:15 PM
Very good songs :thumbsup:

6th August 2008, 10:47 PM
My review of RTS

http://mumbairamki.blogspot.com/2008/08/music-review-raman-thediya-seethai.html

and a write up on VS

http://mumbairamki.blogspot.com/2008/08/vidya-sagar-dark-lion.html

18th August 2008, 08:00 PM
Abiyum nanun music in couple of weeks :D

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/40830.html

27th September 2008, 04:49 PM
The mozhi team is back..The songs are available at galatta..Heard one so far...Melodious song sung by madhu balakrishan

27th September 2008, 08:23 PM
i'll get the cd tomorrow. i'm sure VS will create the mozhi magic :)

27th September 2008, 11:21 PM
After a stellar Mozhi, the Radhamohan-Vidyasagar combo crashes with a thud.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/09/27/music-review-abhiyum-naanum-tamil-vidyasagar/

vasanth2006
5th October 2008, 09:35 PM
[tscii:4bc45f4031]Vidyasagar - Discordant Notes

By Moviebuzz | Sunday, 05 October , 2008, 20:43

Is music director Vidyasagar, finding it difficult to tune in with today's generation?

This year has been turning out to be a nightmare for him as a series of highly hyped albums just failed to catch the listeners' years!

Take a look at all the Vidyasagar albums in the last five months- Raman Thediya Seethai, Alibaba, Jayam Kondaan, Muniyandi Vilayangiyal Moonrammandu, Kuruvi, Arai Enn 305il Kadavul. Is there one hummable number in any of these albums?

It looks like Vidya is not in tune with today's Nakku Mukka. generation. He is perhaps one of our best music directors who need some fine tuning. He should stop rehashing his old tunes and come out with something different.

Let us hope Radha Mohan's Abhiyum Naanum and Sakthi-Sandhya romantic Mahesh, Sarnya Mattum Palar, will recharge the melody king to produce some peppy music.

I am a great lover of his melodies.....yes.... his recent albums are not upto the mark except few numbers..... Hope he will come back with bang.....[/tscii:4bc45f4031]

5th October 2008, 10:20 PM
This year has been turning out to be a nightmare for him as a series of highly hyped albums just failed to catch the listeners' years!

Take a look at all the Vidyasagar albums in the last five months- Raman Thediya Seethai, Alibaba, Jayam Kondaan, Muniyandi Vilayangiyal Moonrammandu, Kuruvi, Arai Enn 305il Kadavul. Is there one hummable number in any of these albums?

I dont know why they included RTS in this list. Mazhai nindra - one of the best melodies of 2008.

Let us hope Radha Mohan's Abhiyum Naanum and Sakthi-Sandhya romantic Mahesh, Sarnya Mattum Palar, will recharge the melody king to produce some peppy music.

Dint they know that Abhiyum Naanum is released and is declared as a boring album? :roll:
--
Yes, VS is completely out of form this year :(

yvsmani
7th October 2008, 01:44 PM
tharsamayam naan meendum meendum ketkum pattu - ippavae ippavae paarkanum ippavae from RTS ( and mazhai nindra is also good).
enna pulla by VS is good after repeated hearing or if u watch the film alongwith the song.

siva siva sambo from alibaba is also a good number.

thendralukku nee kaadhal mazhai, kurai ondrum illai were also good from arai en 305-il kadavul.

8th November 2008, 02:21 PM
Mahesh Saranya Matrum Palar music coming soon :)

8th November 2008, 04:44 PM
adding to that...Aruvadai audio might release in December, the movie is getting released on Pongal

13th November 2008, 03:22 PM
What happened to Mahesh Saranya Matrum Palar :huh:

No review, no comments. I've not got the cd yet. no site allows to download :oops:

13th November 2008, 05:08 PM
Not ground-breaking, but competent, nonetheless.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/11/13/music-review-mahesh-saranya-matrum-palar-tamil-vidyasagar/

17th November 2008, 05:19 PM
No fresh music in MSMP :(

Songs are boring. I dont like this album. Will give few more listens to find atleast two good songs :|

R.Latha
18th November 2008, 01:22 PM
songs are here http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.10151

24th November 2008, 03:01 PM
Why is the audio of Ellam Avan Seyal not released yet. The movie is releasing this week :shock:
It has music by VS! Any idea? :huh: :roll:

25th November 2008, 10:38 AM
Very valid question - the film is releasing this Friday and has ads in Aahaa FM too. This is poor marketing!

25th November 2008, 10:45 AM
Yeah. I think the film has no songs. Watched the traler yesterday. No song sequence clipping was played.

Bayangaramana action scenes than pottanga :shaking: :lol:

25th November 2008, 08:41 PM
The Aahaa FM said, Vidyasagar'in innisayil...:-)

25th November 2008, 10:17 PM
The Aahaa FM said, Vidyasagar'in innisayil...:-)

Oh :shock:

Did they play any song? or did they announce something like "EAS exclusive only on Aaha" etc... Ippadi yedhavadhu bittu pottanga-na i think we can expect songs :)

26th November 2008, 09:54 AM
No song played - it says, apart from the actors list - 'Vidyasagarin innisayil; Vairamuthu, Snehan'in paadal varigalil'! So, I'm sure there are songs :-). But, where's the audio CD/ tape?

26th November 2008, 03:17 PM
The malayalam original of this film doesnt have songs...

26th November 2008, 04:01 PM
No song played - it says, apart from the actors list - 'Vidyasagarin innisayil; Vairamuthu, Snehan'in paadal varigalil'! So, I'm sure there are songs :-). But, where's the audio CD/ tape?

Yep.... Then it sure has songs...

Oru vela dubbing ah? :roll:

Ajay, Is this a dubbing movie or a remake? Any idea?

26th November 2008, 06:50 PM
[tscii:1c5413a56b]except from the 9 models and heroince bhama, cast includes names like: nassar, manivannan, vadivelu, roja, suganya, VSU... i dont remember VISU acting in dubbed movies.[/tscii:1c5413a56b]

Saagar
26th November 2008, 10:08 PM
It's a remake. The malayalam original had Suresh Gopi in th lead. Heroine was Bhavana. It's a suspense thriller. The original also had one song which was a kind of theme song appearing repeatedly in the abckground in certain scenes.

8th January 2009, 04:02 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-09-02/sarath-kumar-05-01-09.html

1977 Audio released.
5 songs composed by Vidyasagar for this movie.

Has anybody heard the songs? How are they? I wanna listen to the songs a.s.a.p

SVN
8th January 2009, 07:21 AM
Is Vidya Sagar scoring music for the Hindi remake of Mozhi, directed by Radhamohan? I hope he does, as his Kaatrin Mozhi is a fabulous number that would certainly appeal to the audience out there.

Considering the producer is Boney Kapoor, you will never know. He might rope in Annu Malik, who would conveniently copy songs like 'Kaatrin Mozhi' note by note and claim it as his own, which in turn could fetch him an award or two (remember the Thevar Magan remake Virasat, in which Inji Iduppazhagi's equivalent fetched a National Award?)

8th January 2009, 09:45 PM
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/01/08/music-review-1977-tamil-vidyasagar/

9th January 2009, 12:35 AM
about 1977...

I like Arabu Kadal, Ore Oru.

This is very different music from Vidyasagar than usual...sounds good in my ears.

28th February 2009, 12:18 AM
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Kandein_Kadhalai_Bharath_and_Tamanaah_in_Jab_We_Me t_Tamil_version_22604.html

Vidyasagar to compose for Jab we Met remake in tamil.

The movie is titled Kanden Kathalai.

Starring Bharath and Tamanaah

I hope the movie will contain some great songs.

Kumarappa
28th February 2009, 02:54 PM
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/id/Kandein_Kadhalai_Bharath_and_Tamanaah_in_Jab_We_Me t_Tamil_version_22604.html

Jab We Met had very good songs by Pritam (though a few songs were apparently not orginal, Pritam of course dismissed the accusations). Nonetheless hoping Vidyasagar to create a musical bonanza, this is a great offer and opportunity for him!

28th February 2009, 07:37 PM

Noooo..Why VS? I thought pritam would be retained for the tamil version as well... :sigh2:

12th August 2009, 05:06 PM
[tscii:c072649d40]
Imtiaz Ali to launch audio of 'Kanden Kadhalai'
IndiaGlitz [Wednesday, August 12, 2009]

Filmmaker Imtiaz Ali has been invited to launch the audio Kanden Kadhalai on August 14 in Chennai. Wondering what Imtiaz Ali has got to do with this Tamil flick? Yeah! Its the Tamil remake of his previous directorial hit Jab We Met, which is one of the best ever-cherishing poignant flicks of Bollywood.

Well, his arrival in Chennai wouldnt merely mark him as the filmmaker of Jab We Met for he has more reason to rejoice. His recent release Love Aaj Kal has witnessed tremendous record-breaking collections in Chennai box office overshadowing other Tamil releases.

The occasion will have more filmmakers addressing his significance and unique style of filmmaking. Yaavarum Nalam fame Vikram K Kumar will also share the dais with Imtiaz along with mainstream filmmakers of Tamil industry. Its notable that cinematographer Natraj Subramaniam, who delivered fantabulous visuals for both the films of Imtiaz, is a famous actor in Tamil.

Kannan, once an associate of director Mani Ratnam has remade Kanden Kadhalai while Moser Baer and Blue Ocean Entertainment jointly produce the film with Bharath and Thamannah donning lead roles.

Audio releasing Friday..Cant wait :D Hope VS delivers some soul stirring numbers..JWM aluvuku varulenakuda, at least 50% of JWM vantha kuda pothum[/tscii:c072649d40]

12th August 2009, 05:07 PM
KK official trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Q-jL6sd0co

12th August 2009, 05:40 PM
Yeah. I'm expecting cool melodies in this album :yes:

13th August 2009, 09:34 PM
Samples
http://www.raaga.com/channels/Tamil/movie/T0001999.html

Not impressive :roll: Nenachen VS sothupuvaru-nu :x No where near JWM..

vasanth2006
13th August 2009, 09:47 PM
Samples
http://www.raaga.com/channels/Tamil/movie/T0001999.html

Not impressive :roll: Nenachen VS sothupuvaru-nu :x No where near JWM..

I haven't heard the samples...But VS is struggling these days... I am a big fan of his melodies....His melodies are evergreen...

Kumarappa
13th August 2009, 09:52 PM
Oru song kooda nalla illaya? I had expected some nice melodies from Vidyasagar for this. :?

14th August 2009, 06:19 AM
samples vechu ethuvum judge panna kudathu!
nichayam eppadiyum 2 super melody number irukkum!king of melody -ache avaru!

14th August 2009, 06:45 AM
Actually the full version is out now..

Seriously big disappointment..Whos that annoying singer in Naan Mozhi Arinden.. :x Listenable ones are Katru pudidhai and suthudu suthudu

14th August 2009, 07:27 AM

Seriously big disappointment..Whos that annoying singer in Naan Mozhi Arinden.. :x Listenable ones are Katru pudidhai and suthudu suthudu

14th August 2009, 07:52 AM

Why? :roll:

14th August 2009, 07:57 AM
avaru disappoiment pannamattare athukuttan!

Kumarappa
14th August 2009, 02:57 PM
Whos that annoying singer in Naan Mozhi Arinden.. :x

Suresh Wadkar-aam! Never heard before! He has destroyed the song, which has actually a very likeable tune!

Also Udit in Venpanju is terribly annoying, why does he have to sing the most parts of the song and Karthik just the chorus lines?

So far I liked only the 1st interlude of "Suthudhu Suthudhu" (not even the entire song!) :roll:

14th August 2009, 03:08 PM

I just came to this thread to share his interview on AV this week. But it's really shocking that KK turnsout to be a disaster. :shock:

Anyway, I'm yet to get the CD. Will get it this eve.

Between, from the interview,
He says that none of the current music directors such as HJ, GVP, VA are doing good jobs. They are not unique and all their songs give "heard before" feel, he added.

Idhellam romba overu... This is second time he is coming up with this statement. Couple of years ago (I think when he won National Award), he had given an interview to AV.

14th August 2009, 05:47 PM
About Kanden Kathalai

After 1st hearing my favourites are

1. Oru Naal Iravil (peppy song, that makes my mood happy)
2. Kaatru Puthithaai (great music, esp the 2nd interlude)
3. Sutrudthu Sutrudhu (Hariharan powerful than ever, great intro too)
4. Naan Mozhi Arinthean (could have better with Madhu Balakrisna or Balram IMO, but the tune is good)

Im satisfied with the songs. Looking forward to see how they are picturized.

Thank you melody King!

15th August 2009, 08:42 PM
Jeyam kondan had better songs

R.Latha
24th August 2009, 03:08 PM
Kanden Kadhalai (2009) -

Actors : Bharath, Santhanam, Sapan Saran, Tamannah
Director : Kannan
Music Director : Vidhyasagar
Producer : Lalitha VM
Year : 2009

Kannan directs this film with the main cast comprising of Bharath and Tamannah. The music has been given by the famous Vidyasagar. Enjoy the different sound of music.

Kaatru Pudhidhaai
Singer : Rahul Nambiyar
Naan Mozhi Arindhaen
Singer : Suresh Wadkar
Oododi Poaraen
Singer : Lavanya, Rashmi Vijayan
Oru Naal Iravil
Singer : Benny Dayal, Tippu
Suthudhu Suthudhu
Singer : Hariharan
Venpanju
Singer : Karthik, Udit Narayan

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/tamil/s/movie_name.12008

bobgalee
21st September 2009, 06:44 PM
What about Jeyam Ravi starrer PERAANMAI...? Howz the songs?

21st September 2009, 09:07 PM
Peraanmai - Average!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/09/20/music-review-peraanmai-tamil-vidyasagar/

22nd September 2009, 01:08 AM
Peranmai songs list:

1. Kaadu Kalai Katta - Madhu Balakrishnan
2. Kaattu Puli - Jassie Gift, KK
3. Thuppakki Pennae - Shalini, Mega, Feji, Suvi
4. When the Boys - Sonia Irabar, Sianed Jones
5. Yera Thala - Sadhana Sargam

My picks are Kaattu puli, thuppakki pennae and yera thala. Peranmai songs are mixture of folk, pop, folk and clubbing.

Vidyasagar hasnt showed his full potential lately, I hope he will do that with his next movie with Radha Mohan "Payanam".

Kumarappa
22nd September 2009, 11:40 AM
Vidyasagar hasnt showed his full potential lately, I hope he will do that with his next movie with Radha Mohan "Payanam".

This film has Nagarjuna in lead, hasn't it? I think, it's scored by Devi Sri Prasad and not Vidyasagar!

22nd September 2009, 06:28 PM
My mistake.

Radha Mohan kooda VS'aii kavi vittuttaar, enna kodumai saravanan.

VS has no biggies left... only b c centre movies..sigh.

3rd October 2009, 02:20 PM
Ilamai Itho Itho
Music Vidyasagar

1. Kuthu Paattu Kuthu Paattu - Rehan Khan, Srilekha Parthasarathy

2. Kathal - Sujatha

3. Vaanam Puthithu - Vijay Jesuthas, Saindhavi

4. Kulukki Kulukki - Karthik, Ajay, Maya, Prashanthini

5. Naalu Suvarum - Benny Dayal, Rahul Nambiyar, Timmy

6. Angathai - Karthik, Sricharan

I like 4 songs from Ilamai Itho Itho (1, 2, 3 & 5). Vidyasagar roaring again. Doing what he does best .. melody songs.. kuthu songs...Naalu suvarum is a daring techno song, dont know if tamil audience will ever like techno songs..Kulukki Kulukki starts with great intro..untill the song begins, not a good song... Angathai.. title song .. sounds like a Black Eyed Pea Song.

4th October 2009, 02:09 PM
Vidyasagar makes great use of this little known film to experiment; largely succeeds too!
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2009/10/04/music-review-ilamai-idho-idho-tamil-vidyasagar/

satissh_r
9th April 2010, 02:46 PM
Just happened to see some comedy scenes from Kanden Kadhalai on TV. VS has used the starting music of Fiqrana from Blue in the BGM. Anyone else noticed it?

9th April 2010, 05:14 PM
yeah, I also noticed that and found ARR-YG (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/127344)already had a discourse on it.

satissh_r
9th April 2010, 06:01 PM
yeah, I also noticed that and found ARR-YG (http://groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/127344)already had a discourse on it.

Oh I keep checking the groups daily, eppadi vittenuthan theriyala

jibi
17th April 2010, 01:34 AM
Vidyasagar updates...

In Malayalam he only done one movie in 2009. Neelathamara, which was a remake of a movie from 1970's... the musical score was blockbuster .. you can visit musicindiaonline to listen to it..

review posted below :D

http://vibetalkies.com/blog/neelathamara-music/

jibi
17th April 2010, 01:37 AM
[tscii:005badbe22]Also in Malayalam his new flick Pappi Appacha released after blockbuster neelathamara every one was waiting for a huge sound track but he disappointed a B grade work from VS.. eventhough all the songs are listenable.. with visuals it will be good.. The movie was released on April 14.. and running successfully The movie will become hit or super hit.. but the songs were disappointing.

Comingforth albums from VS in Malayalam

Vandemadharam (also in Tamil)
Apoorvaragam (http://apoorvaragammovie.com)
Makeup Man

[/tscii:005badbe22]

30th April 2010, 10:20 PM
I am very confused about Vande Mataram (formerly known as Aruvadai)

Some sources write music is by Vidyasagar, other sources ...D. Imaan?

Who is the composer? (OR is there 2 composers for the movie, like one taking care of BGM while the other one take care of song composition?)

12th June 2010, 02:11 AM
I listened to this mazhai song from "Aadhi" Vijay & Trisha :shock: Beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhFduaff1FA

Where are you Mr. Vidyasagar?

12th June 2010, 02:14 AM
I listened to this mazhai song from "Aadhi" Vijay & Trisha. Beautiful!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhFduaff1FA

Where are you Mr. Vidyasagar?

Yeah missing his melodies badly. Hope Bodyguard will bring him back.

jibi
19th June 2010, 03:35 PM
I am very confused about Vande Mataram (formerly known as Aruvadai)

Some sources write music is by Vidyasagar, other sources ...D. Imaan?

Who is the composer? (OR is there 2 composers for the movie, like one taking care of BGM while the other one take care of song composition?)

ya its by D. Imman... still some articles come with his name... very confusing... but the songs released in Malayalam... and its by D. Imman :roll:

26th June 2010, 03:30 AM
An interview with Vidyasagar:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/22528.html

Very informative. I learned new things about him that I didnt know.