PDA

View Full Version : Rose Cookies

ranjitha
30th June 2005, 02:48 PM
hi, anyone knows preparing rose cookies which is sweet prepared with raw rice powdered and made into a batter, mould is dipped in hot oil and again dipped in the batter and then in the hot oil and the batter comes out of the mould in a shape of rose. anyone knows plez let me know. i have lost the recipe

thanx
ranjitha

solona
1st July 2005, 04:45 AM
[tscii:24b0edd0bf]
Hi Ranjitha

Here the receipe for rose biscuits which is also called acchu murrukku in tamil.

ACHU MURUKKU
Raw rice 2 cup, sugar 1 ½ cup, urad flour ¾ cup, sesame seeds
1 tbsp, oil

Soak rice in water. The consistency shd be thicker and the texture should be like butter. Now, mix sugar, urad flour to rice batter and grind like dosa batter. Transfer into a separate vessel and mix with sesame seeds.

Heat oil and put the achu murukku karandi.
Once the karandi is hot, take it out and put the karandi in the batter. Three fourth of the achu should be dipped in batter.

Then, take the achu karandi out and place in the hot oil. While it is getting cooked, the achu and murukku will come out separately. Now, remove the achu from the oil, cook the murukku on two sides.

Tips

Since the sugar is added to the flour make sure the flame is not sim or high. Otherwise, murukku will turn into red and the taste will not be good.

Try and tell
Solona
[/tscii:24b0edd0bf]

ranjitha
1st July 2005, 07:43 AM
Thanx solona for helping out in the recipe, but i think the way my mom used to prepare is to add raw rice powdered and mix with eggs and sugar, but still i will try out the recipe handed by u and let u know thanks

ranjitha

solona
1st July 2005, 09:34 AM
Thanx solona for helping out in the recipe, but i think the way my mom used to prepare is to add raw rice powdered and mix with eggs and sugar, but still i will try out the recipe handed by u and let u know thanks

ranjitha

Hi Ranijitha,

You can also make them without Urad dal and with eggs

Mix 2 cups of steamed plain flour half a cup sugar and two eggs. Make the bater to the correct consistency with water. Try the atchu. Make sure you heat the atchu before dip in the bater

Try and tell
Shanthy (solona)