PDA

View Full Version : phobia

j.chenkalvarayan
8th July 2005, 10:20 PM
in this thread everyone should discuss the phobias they are suffering from. others can suggest ways to overcome their fear. okay i'll kickstart the discussion. i am afraid of dogs, very much afraid of rats and very very afraid of cockroaches. i've been bit by dogs 2 times. nowadays if i see a dog on the road i see to it my path and the dog's don't intersect. utmost it'll be parallel and in the best case it'll be diverging. i know this should end or the day will come when my own wife will laugh at me.will someone help me overcome my fear.

Nerd
8th July 2005, 10:23 PM
J.C.

I m sorry, i dont think that i can help u in this regard but i can aggravate ur pain by doing this,

:rotfl:

P.S. Dogs are good creatures.. u afraid of a roach?? u a girl??

Thiru
8th July 2005, 10:43 PM
I have a phobia on people discussing about paraskavedekatriaphobia sometimes.. Atleast i dont have to worry about it for another 6 months..

j.chenkalvarayan
8th July 2005, 10:49 PM
i'll explain why i'm afraid of cockroaches. they are the dirtiest creatures of all.where do you find them? in sinks, drains ,loos. the very thought that i'll come into contact with them make me nauseating.also have you noticed this. you just can't predict when they will take to their wings.this unpredictable nature makes it even more frightening. i'm really ashamed to admit this.

j.chenkalvarayan
8th July 2005, 10:57 PM
I have a phobia on people discussing about paraskavedekatriaphobia sometimes.. Atleast i dont have to worry about it for another 6 months..

:? :? :?

Thiru
8th July 2005, 10:58 PM
fear of friday, the 13th..

lordstanher
8th July 2005, 11:18 PM
i'll explain why i'm afraid of cockroaches. they are the dirtiest creatures of all.where do you find them? in sinks, drains ,loos. the very thought that i'll come into contact with them make me nauseating.also have you noticed this. you just can't predict when they will take to their wings.this unpredictable nature makes it even more frightening. i'm really ashamed to admit this.

So.....herez sumone who shares my fear of cockroaches! ('wonder y u hav to be a girl to dread them?? :? )
Yea I detest & despise them for the same reasons.......all the more disgusting when they're dead....lying upside-down.......uuughhhh!!! :x
I think my phobia for roaches started when I was like 6-7 (around 1987)......my parents were transferred to Rajasthan.......being a desert place, roaches were too common there.....*shiver*.....once (around 1988-89) had a flying cockroach sit on my shirt collar......practically drove me to hysteria! :shock:
Also rem. the time I was in 7th class in 1993-94.....we actually had the last lesson in our English text bk. titled "The triumph of the cockroach"...!! Still feel like firing the publishers of tat text bk. for including a lesson like tat, of all the things they cud think of!
Still rem. how disgusting I felt then, having to sit there in English class reading/listening/writing abt roaches throughout, for a whole week........ :banghead:
Aside, I doubt if I can ever get over this phobia tho......... :?

Nerd
8th July 2005, 11:27 PM
'wonder y u hav to be a girl to dread them??

almost all the girls i know even my girlfriend, every other girl is scared of roaches..

I have a different kind of phobia. dont know how to name it.. i call it as *what if* phobia.. i always worry about what if it happens.. what if i dont do that..

e.g. i ll be in a beach with my girl and instead of speaking with her i ll be thinking what if i get caught :rotfl:

it has happened to me many times and i dunno how to come out of it.. even at times when there is no chance of getting caught or somehting i ll be scared :cry:

j.chenkalvarayan
8th July 2005, 11:44 PM
ellam nanmbaren. aana un girlfriend un karpanayin katapathiram thane? :lol: :lol: :lol:

unmaiya othukko en reel suthra. ennaiyatum neeyum lo lo alaiyurale. :D :D

Nerd
8th July 2005, 11:48 PM
tit for tat?? I can understand..

machi enuf.. ellathayum PM la vechikkalaam.. namma sandai periya sandaiyaa irukkum .. others will be disturbed..

btw, in my marriage u r my mappilai thozhan.. i ll introduce her there and ask about everything.. she knows abt u too ;)

hehehewalrus
9th July 2005, 12:41 AM
kasi_sce,
JC has all the qualities of a gal and yet tried to call u as a fem :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Nerd
9th July 2005, 12:44 AM
rightly said HHHW

see his first post in this very thread,

in this thread everyone should discuss the phobias

:lol2:

svasu_ani
9th July 2005, 03:16 AM
i have this phobia...of checking things again and again...if i have locked the house door properly, if i have switched off the gas before going for sleep in night.. if i have taken the tickets (bus/train) with me. even if i know i have done it.. i still wanna go and check them once more...

Surya
9th July 2005, 05:54 AM
i have this phobia...of checking things again and again...if i have locked the house door properly, if i have switched off the gas before going for sleep in night.. if i have taken the tickets (bus/train) with me. even if i know i have done it.. i still wanna go and check them once more...

I think that's called OCD. Most ppl tend to have it in one thing or another. I sometimes close the door, open it, look outside and close it again. It's not that I'm paranoid, it's just become a habit now.

Sometimes it gets really annoying, anyone ever try to step on the cracks while walking on sidewalks? :lol2:

nirosha sen
9th July 2005, 07:34 AM
Crumbs! I'm afraid of snakes, Pa!! :(

I can't even bear to look at them on Nat'l Georgraphy or Discovery channels. It's that bad!! My kids tolerate it and now even my 6 yr old warns me ahead, if a scene has a snake in it, that she'd cup her hand across my eyes and say, "Don't look Amma!! It's you know what!!" :roll:

To make matters worse, I live in a plantation surrounded by you know whats for miles around!! :cry:

lordstanher
9th July 2005, 08:44 AM

Um....this cudn't really be called a 'phobia' (=fear)? Its more an 'obsession'......'cos even I happen to hav this habit of checking things repeatedly.......& my mum (whoz a doctor) said its called "obsessive neurosis(?)" or sumthing....... :?
When I was in Sing., I was one of the tenants in an apt. & while going out I had to first lock my own room, then the main door from outside.......& sumtimes even after I took the lift & went down, I'd feel like going up again & checking if I'd locked the front door (& often even my room door!) properly.......of course it cud be bcos during my schooldays I used to hav a habit of occasionally sumthing at home or even outside.......I once left behind a brand-new pencil box under my desk in the classroom, while leaving for home & it was gone when I later came to take it! :(
I guess tat cud be the reason y I got so obsessed w/ cheking things repeatedly since.......!

Niranjana
11th July 2005, 06:11 PM

What's that paraskaveda thing? I'm hearing this for the first time.

lordstanher
11th July 2005, 06:14 PM
What's that paraskaveda thing? I'm hearing this for the first time.

As Thiru already explained, its the fear of friday, the 13th. (And yes even I heard it for the 1st time! :D )

Niranjana
11th July 2005, 06:15 PM
I suffer from Herpetophobia (the fear of reptiles, in my case lizards)
I sweat at the very sight of them. We don't have lizards in Sharjah, but here, its full of them. How am I going to survive?

j.chenkalvarayan
11th July 2005, 06:35 PM
hey , lizards are very nice creatures. i can guarantee you this.they will not bite you at all. so your fear is baseless.in fact nothing in this world gives me more pleasure than the sight of watching a cockroach being devoured by a lizard.it only reinforces my faith in god. there's a subtle message hidden in that.it tells me " look here jc. this world is not as hideous as you perceive it to be.the situation on hand is not that bleak.when the forces of evil raises their ugly heads(in my case ,cockroaches), god will send his own army to wipe them out(lizards)."so you better change your attitude.

lordstanher
11th July 2005, 06:36 PM
I sweat at the very sight of them. We don't have lizards in Sharjah, but here, its full of them. How am I going to survive?

U mean ur in India now?? Neways, atleast lizards aren't as hideous as roaches.... :D
plus they r quite useful, finishing off ugly, unwanted insects!
Only creepy thing abt them, IMO, is tat they tend to suddenly fall off the walls.......altho this is quite rare.......

Alien
11th July 2005, 06:38 PM

Oh JC , Glad 2 see 2 guys(JC & Lordstanher) have got the same phobia as me :D . "Hi" aka Anjali ridicules me since i told her abt my this phobia.
But, yeah i also hate 2 admit it, but i'm also sick of them especially when they fly :x Arghhhhhhh send shivers 2 me :!: . This basically got into me bcos of the disgusting nature of them :x

lordstanher
11th July 2005, 06:40 PM
when the forces of evil raises their ugly heads, god will send his own army to wipe them out.

Hmm........hope this happens as easily in case of humans as well! There r many "forces of evil" out here who're far more despicable than cockroaches! :wink: :D
Neways, I wudn't like to see even a cockroach being eaten (ugghhh!)....in fact I don't want them in my sight at all- dead/dying or alive!!!! :x

Alien
11th July 2005, 06:47 PM

Um....this cudn't really be called a 'phobia' (=fear)? Its more an 'obsession'......'cos even I happen to hav this habit of checking things repeatedly.......& my mum (whoz a doctor) said its called "obsessive neurosis(?)" or sumthing....... :?

I too have got this obsession :roll:

lordstanher
11th July 2005, 06:51 PM

:shock: Well mate, looks like we're all sailing in the same boat, in more ways than one! :lol:

Alien
11th July 2005, 06:58 PM

:shock: Well mate, looks like we're all sailing in the same boat, in more ways than one! :lol:
:lol: :wink: Thats nice. I was soooo glad to see this thread today especially when seeing that 2 guys also have got that cockroach phobia as me :D . Incidentally I was ridiculed today afternoon too by a girl in this forumhub bcos of my this phobia :twisted: . I'll show this thread 2 her tomorrow :lol: Yesssssssss :lol:

Cinefan
12th July 2005, 11:29 AM
I have an extreme case of OCD-there are so many things I HAVE to do before leaving for work:

1)Look at the photo's of all the God's in the house
2)Check whether the gas is closed 5 times
3)Walk in&Out of the front door 5 times before locking it up.
4)Check whether my Dad's scooter is locked 3 times
5)Wash my hands in the garden tap(after wearing shoes)5 times
6)Open&close the bolt on the gate 5 times.

I lose so much time doing all these things but if I don't do it,I keep dreading that something bad will happen.

The worst part is that there have been days when I have got irritated with myself&just left but something unsavoury happened&I was back to my habits :(

Niranjana
13th July 2005, 08:07 AM

U mean ur in India now?? Neways, atleast lizards aren't as hideous as roaches.... :D
plus they r quite useful, finishing off ugly, unwanted insects!
Only creepy thing abt them, IMO, is tat they tend to suddenly fall off the walls.......altho this is quite rare.......

Yes, I am in India now.

There's a difference between fear & phobia. A phobia is an acute fear. When you suffer from a phobia, u sweat, ur heart beat increases, ur blood pressure shoots up, u r frozen in the place u r etc. This happens to me whenever I see Lizards.

I hate their big trangular heads & long tails & scaly bodies. If only I could go to a lizard free place! Sigh!

Here, in india , ppl believe that one should not kill lizards, probably b'coz it is associated with lord Shiva.

Badri
13th July 2005, 08:51 AM
BRRR! Cockroaches!!! Terrifying!! Seriously!!

And as someone said, especially when they fly!! God knows where they will land! And they do have this annoying habit of landing on people!

Eeks! I am shuddering all over just typing this about them!!

But it is not so much fear as a "aruveruppu"! More disgust I think! Poor things - even their appearance is so terrible!

BTW, anyone seen the movie Mimic?

Niranjana
13th July 2005, 05:25 PM
HAHA! Talking of cockroaches, u might be knowing that they are the only true"immortal "creatures on earth. They were here long before the Dinosaurs and will be here, even after the human race is wiped off!

pavalamani pragasam
13th July 2005, 06:55 PM
As Niranjana says it is auspicious to have lizards in the house in India- in my early days of marriage I was surprised when an old lady of my neighbourhood expressed this belief. :shock: Some of our old blind beliefs are used to couch some well-meant advice for the good. :? As has been rightly pointed out lizards eat up small insects, even cockroaches- a live pesticide so to say- in houses surrounded by a lush garden sufficient supply of a bigger variety is seen in each room! :D

But for unacceptable blind beliefs, I don't know how many are aware that in many households cockroaches are believed to be "Lakshmi incarnate"! :roll: Can you believe it? They'll NEVER kill them- esp. the white ones( one can catch sight of these rare albino roaches in the process after 'molting') which are christened "paNa paachchaan"!!! :x I am tolerant of lizards, but NOT roaches- again as already rightly described- they fill me with 'aruveruppu'! :twisted:

malligai
13th July 2005, 11:01 PM
But for unacceptable blind beliefs, I don't know how many are aware that in many households cockroaches are believed to be "Lakshmi incarnate"! :roll: Can you believe it? They'll NEVER kill them- esp. the white ones( one can catch sight of these rare albino roaches in the process after 'molting') which are christened "paNa paachchaan"!!! :x I am tolerant of lizards, but NOT roaches- again as already rightly described- they fill me with 'aruveruppu'! :twisted:

cockroaches as 'lakshmi incarnate''...sariyaa pochu..will people ever come out these things ever??..and cockroaches and lizards r my worst nightmares back home.. :(

lordstanher
14th July 2005, 12:28 PM
HAHA! Talking of cockroaches, u might be knowing that they are the only true"immortal "creatures on earth. They were here long before the Dinosaurs and will be here, even after the human race is wiped off!

Ugghhhh........pleeeees!! Don't remind me of tat lesson on cockroaches I had to study in English back in school (where this same thing abt roaches being 'immortal' was mentioned).....giving me the creeps....!! :lol:
Aside, believe it or not, this was the main - if not only- reason I refused to take up Biology in my Inter (+2) & disappointed my doctor parents who wanted atleast 1 of their 2 kids to become a doc!
I straightaway chose to opt against Bio. when I was told tat the students had to dissect cockroaches! as part of their practical classes, esp. in Inter 2nd year.......(*puke* icon!)......

lordstanher
14th July 2005, 12:49 PM
But for unacceptable blind beliefs, I don't know how many are aware that in many households cockroaches are believed to be "Lakshmi incarnate"! :roll: Can you believe it? They'll NEVER kill them- esp. the white ones( one can catch sight of these rare albino roaches in the process after 'molting') which are christened "paNa paachchaan"!!!

Ugly roaches = Lakshmi Devi??!! :shock: I appreciate imagination but really.....this's too far-fetched! :roll: :lol:
I rem. seeing sum of those white ones back in Rajasthan......never again so far........I found them all the more creepy......seemed to me like ghost roaches!! :x
Around 6 months ago, when I was living in Sing. I had this problem of a cockroach getting into my kitchen cabinet (where I was storing most of my groceries/utensils!) ........killing it wasn't really a prob. (all I did was open the cabinet door a crack, spray a blast of baygon & slam th door shut w/out having to look at the result!)........the ugly part was in getting the dead roach out of the cabinet & disposing of it.....:banghead: Gawd! It took me 2-3 days to muster the courage to open the cabinet again for tat & so I cudn't cook for those few days........had to eat out or bring parcels home.....!
At tat moment I really wished I was back home w/ my parents when I'd always run to them & plead w/ them to get rid of ne roach I saw, often even if I had to wake them up from sleep at night! Twas mostly my mother who'd do the ugly job - often reluctantly w/ the usual grumble "enna-da karapu-k poi bhayapadrey".......:D
Thankfully I havn't had a single roach encounter ever since I got back home in April this year!
But nevrtheless always cautious, esp. keeping an eye out for them in the bathrooms in case......!

I am tolerant of lizards, but NOT roaches- again as already rightly described- they fill me with 'aruveruppu'! :twisted:

Same here! :lol:

Niranjana
14th July 2005, 01:26 PM
Well, year after year, cocroaches get immune to the pesticide/sprays we use. They are clever genetic mutators! Earlier naphthelene balls were effective not any more.

And they survive on almost anything from flowerbuds to shoes!

Querida
14th July 2005, 07:51 PM
wow looks like Niranjana is just full of helpful tips for the cockroach phobics...quite teasing them hon! :P I can say that yes i'm afraid of cockroaches..especially the big ones i saw in malaysia...but i am absolutly terrified of spiders(Arachnophobia)...i hate them so much! :evil: just them crawling and the thought of eight eyes and four lungs...i know how you feel stanher-sama...my teacher had the bright idea that if i did a research project on spiders i would overcome my fear....Bad Idea i just became more terrified...odd thing is that i know where/when my fear originated and how unafraid of them i was before...but that does nothing to relieve my fear...even after bitten by a swarm of fireants im still not as afraid of them as spiders...

hey Thiru ever heard of Arachibutyrophobia?

help sites:

http://www.ehow.com/how_13312_overcome-phobia.html

http://choosetoprosper.com/najemy-results-fear.html

Anoushka
14th July 2005, 08:09 PM
Interesting links Q: :)

I generally don't fear Cockroaches and lizards, all I do is take a broom and....

Any fear that I've had so far has been only for minutes... till I talk myself out of it. For example when I was doing my bungee, all I had to tell myself was "Maximum that can happen is I will end up dying, but if I don't then it will be a great thrill" and I was off :)

The only fear that has stuck to me now is sitting in the passenger seat when someone is driving rash! I can drive on the motor way at 120 Kmph but if someone else does that and I feel it is rash, I have my feet on the imaginary brakes in my side of the car! And this is only after an accident I met with a few years ago! :(

Niranjana
15th July 2005, 11:47 AM
Looks like I'm the only one terrified of Lizards, huh?

Well, according to a world survey, most people fear spiders than death!

pavalamani pragasam
15th July 2005, 12:08 PM
Rightly said, Niranjana :lol: They & their cobwebs with house mites make me wheeze terribly :shock:

lordstanher
16th July 2005, 08:33 AM
Thankfully I havn't had a single roach encounter ever since I got back home in April this year!

I retract my statement.......looks like I'd spoken too soon! :(
Only last night, while stepping into one of the bathrooms at home, I saw this large roach crwaling on the edge of the wash-basin! Let out the kind of scream tat I normally did on suddenly facing a roach (after quite a long time) & once again, ran to my mum who went ahead armed w/ a HIT spray......but to my disappointment she said she didn't find ne roach in the bathroom.......d*mn they seem to be so clever! :twisted: :banghead: nevertheless she said, she did spray the whole bathroom so if it did come out again it shud be done for........'didn't go in there again so far but hope its gone for good! :?

Nerd
16th July 2005, 08:38 AM
err.. its weird... people scream when see roaches.. esp guys.. I ll take a broom as someone said earlier :lol2:

lordstanher
16th July 2005, 08:49 AM
i am absolutly terrified of spiders(Arachnophobia)...i hate them so much! :evil: just them crawling and the thought of eight eyes and four lungs...i know how you feel stanher-sama...my teacher had the bright idea that if i did a research project on spiders i would overcome my fear....Bad Idea i just became more terrified...

Spiders?? :D Oooooohh they r chooooooo cuuuute!!! (*giggle*)..... :wink: Sorry, jus joking! :wink: :lol2:

Well, personally I'm not tat terrified of the normal 'skinny' type spiders w/ filmsy legs tat r common at home (& u can hardly see their 8 eyes w/ out a microscope!)......but yea I wud find those large fat ones (eg. tarantulas) w/ hairy legs terrifying! :shock:
Um.....btw, just out of curiosity- indha 'sama' ennadhu?? Sounds sumwat like a Japanese word to me....... :?

Querida
16th July 2005, 10:58 PM
sama is japanese for lord, stanher-sama.... :D i hate those daddy long legs just as much as the household spiders....*shudder* please no need for me to be reminded of wolf spiders, jumping spiders, bird-eating spiders..and those hairy tarantulas... :evil: :(

Uthappam
16th July 2005, 11:20 PM
One poet, Kambar, said that the worst phobia is the kadankaaran(creditors) phobia!

lordstanher
17th July 2005, 10:43 AM
sama is japanese for lord, stanher-sama.... :D

Ohh.....interesting! :D My mom was in Japan for a few months, around 20 years ago.......so picked up sum Jap. words from her.....:D
I was aware tat Saan(?) is term used w/ a name to indicate respect for the person.......akin to 'Jee' in Hindi......

please no need for me to be reminded of wolf spiders, jumping spiders, bird-eating spiders..and those hairy tarantulas... :evil: :(

Luckily I havn't come across those in India so far......! Btw, u remind me of the character Ron in Harry Potter whoz got a similar fear of spiders! :wink:

NM
17th July 2005, 02:48 PM
My phobia is water! I can't learn swimming because the moment I try to float, I feel as though i'm suffocating and that's it!! I get very nervous everytime I go to the beach....I can't walk far, as soon the sea level reaches just above my knee, I'll start to perspire !! Why ?? Because I almost got drowned when I was about 12 (not once but thrice!) and that, I guess, started my phobia.. :cry:

Cockroach....! Yes, it's not really phobia but yeah, terrified!! I can sense the roach even if it's on the ceiling and am absolutely terrified of the flying ones!!

lordstanher
17th July 2005, 05:10 PM
My phobia is water! I can't learn swimming because the moment I try to float, I feel as though i'm suffocating and that's it!! I get very nervous everytime I go to the beach....I can't walk far, as soon the sea level reaches just above my knee, I'll start to perspire !! Why ?? Because I almost got drowned when I was about 12 (not once but thrice!) and that, I guess, started my phobia.. :cry:

Um....but u cudn't completely hav hydrophobia?? Surely ur able to drink water.......? :? :D
Or perhaps u mean to say u hav fear of large water bodies........(eg. lymnophobia(spelling?) = fear of lakes.......rem. reading it yrs ago in my schooldays! :D ).......actually even I, until recently used to partly suffer from this type of phobia......I was never scared of beaches/lakes/rivers but for eg. many yrs ago whenever I'd bathe thru a shower, I'd find myself imagining a torrent of water suddenly rushing down from sumwhere above (eg. a burst water-tank) or water flooding a ship in descending order & I was trapped in it.......and I'd then immediately go panicky, turn off the shower & start looking up at the ceiling in all directions! Even tho I knew water was coming from the shower only......! :D
However, while in Sing., I'd take bath usually thru a shower & surprisingly I stopped getting this sort of phobia.........but yes continue to keep visually scanning practically every nook & corner of the bathroom for cockroaches as long as I'm in there! :)

NM
18th July 2005, 06:22 AM
Lord.... :lol: :lol: of course I can drink water....... :oops: But, when I'm inshower ...yeah...I still hv the same fear as you described! I don't know the name for this kind of phobia though.... :( perhaps, as you said, it is fear of large water bodies! Lakes!! yes, when I went boatingonce, the motor stopped and we were floating for a while while the guys were trying to make it work! I started perspiring, trembling, heart started beating really fast..etc etc...!! Fear of drowning ... :( Scanning .....hmmm that's what I still do wherever I go.. :D

Querida
18th July 2005, 10:05 AM
I was aware tat Saan(?) is term used w/ a name to indicate respect for the person.......akin to 'Jee' in Hindi......

true, i like how its use is that of equality and unisex..so the use is respect to each and everyone... :D

you know when i was in my abnormal psych class the prof gave us the same example of a person having a fear of snakes coming through the drain...and if that meant they were abnormal....well abnormal yes...but everyone's different and can be odd especially if that oddity is accepted by society on whole...though if any of these phobias prevent you in any way from living out your life...and stress you out non-stop truly do seek out help....don't let simple stigma prevent you from living well

Niranjana
18th July 2005, 11:52 AM
Well said, Querida.

I'm also scared of public functions, open spaces etc (Agoraphobia).......I generally avoid public functions.
Whenever I dream of a home, it is not a large, palatial one but a small, cozy, warm, compact home. I am scared of Large spaces! I'm weird, aren't I?

temporary sori-Observer
26th July 2005, 11:32 PM
yes, when I went boatingonce, the motor stopped and we were floating for a while while the guys were trying to make it work! I started perspiring, trembling, heart started beating really fast..etc etc...!! Fear of drowning ... :( Scanning .....hmmm that's what I still do wherever I go.. :D

[tscii:67e639069b]«¼¼¡, NM ! þó¾¡í¸ À¢Êí¸. ¯í¸ ¾ñ½£÷ ÀÂòÐìÌ ´Õ À¡ðÎ!

ÁÉ¿¢¨Ä¸û ¡¨ÅÔ§Á
Á¡ÂÅÉ¢ý Å¢¾¢ Ũĸû
Å¢¾¢Å¨Ä¨Â ÓÊ× ¦ºöÔõ
Åºó¾¸¡Ä ¿£Ã¨Ä¸û.[/tscii:67e639069b]

(second song)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4855/

NM
27th July 2005, 05:49 AM
TSO.....mikka nandri!! Neenga appappO vanthu oru paattu paadindu pOngga! Nanna irukkum!! :D :D

hehehewalrus
27th July 2005, 07:37 AM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.4855/

adhaane...yengada romba naala kaaname-nu paathen...
:lol2: :lol2:

temporary sori-Observer
27th July 2005, 07:42 AM
[tscii:1ee205ec75]Å¡Äçº,

Andha moonRu mudichchu padaththai paarththaa NM-Oda bayam ellaam ninnu pOyiraathu? :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: [/tscii:1ee205ec75]

NM
27th July 2005, 07:51 AM
TSO, unggal 'avatar'ai paarthathum en bayam tholainthathu! :lol:

Shekhar
27th July 2005, 09:58 AM
What is phobia for wives called as ?!!! :lol:

Badri
27th July 2005, 10:10 AM

Gamophobia is the fear of marriage!! I guess if you had this fear, then you don't have to fear wives!!!

But the feeling you get after marriage, that is not a Phobia, Shekar. That is plain, pure, unadulterated terror!!

NM
27th July 2005, 10:23 AM

gynophobia - fear of women

venstraphobia - fear of beautiful women.. :lol: :lol:

heterophobia - fear of opposite sex..

but none for fear of wives.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badri
27th July 2005, 10:25 AM

Yes, because, as I said, it goes beyond phobia!! It enters the realm of TERROR

rajraj
27th July 2005, 10:27 AM

Yes, because, as I said, it goes beyond phobia!! It enters the realm of TERROR

sontha anubavamo? :)

NM
27th July 2005, 10:28 AM
sontha anubavamo? :) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Badri
27th July 2005, 10:29 AM
Raj: Itha ketkaama ungalukku nimmadhi irukkaadhey!! :wink:

Niranjana
27th July 2005, 05:45 PM

Uxorophobia?

B'coz Uxoricide is killing of a wife by her husband

and

Uxorial means
a. 1. Dotingly fond of, or servilely submissive to, a wife; uxorious; also, becoming a wife; pertaining to a wife.

ssanjinika
27th July 2005, 06:15 PM
I have extreme fear of rats....I detest them and am petrified by them. Dont think they are required in the ecological system at all.Yesterday I read this article in which said that pelican chicks are being eaten alive by rats in an island which is the nesting ground of the pelicans.Confirms by belief that rats are a menace and should be eradicated they way small pox was eradicated!!

Shekhar
27th July 2005, 06:36 PM
What is blonkquephoebia?? :wink: :)

NM
27th July 2005, 07:30 PM
that's for all the blonk queens to know and for the kings to find out.... :lol: do you need a remedy for that? :wink:
by the way, do you mean you hv a phobia for this? :hammer:

Niranjana
27th July 2005, 08:40 PM

Where did u get it from? The answer would've been rite there. Or is it another stupid trick to find out how much we know? U def have Attention Deficit Disorder, in that case. :lol: :twisted:

temporary sori-Observer
28th July 2005, 01:20 AM
as soon the sea level reaches just above my knee, I'll start to perspire !! Why ?? Because I almost got drowned when I was about 12 (not once but thrice!)
[tscii:eba242f39f]NM, þó¾¡í¸ þý¦É¡Õ À¡ðÎ!

±ñ½ò¾¢ø Óû¨Ç ¨ÅòÐ
¡÷ ¨¾ò¾Ð?
¾ñ½£Ã¢ø ¿¢üÌõ§À¡§¾
§Å÷츢ýÈÐ !

(first song)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.5262/

¦À¡Õû-
ãýÚ Ó¨È ¿£Ã¢ø ãúÌÅÐ §À¡ýÈ ¿¼ó¾ ¿¢¸ú¸û, NM «Å÷¸Ç¢ý ±ñ½ò¾¢ø Óû §À¡ýÚ ¨¾òÐÅ¢ð¼Ð!
[/tscii:eba242f39f]
Vaalarasu aNNaa,
moonRu mudichchu padam paakkaliyaa?

temporary sori-Observer
28th July 2005, 02:07 AM
[tscii:b486ead40b]¿£Ã¢ø µ¼õ ãúÌõ§À¡Ð
§º¡¸õ ¦¸¡ñÎ ¦¿¡ó¾¡û Á¡Ð. :lol2: :lol2:[/tscii:b486ead40b]

(first song)
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.5262/

hehehewalrus
28th July 2005, 04:08 AM
Tos anna,
ippo dhaan unga old tamil post padichen - dont have tamil font :D

No i havent seen 3 knots :(

NM
28th July 2005, 06:20 AM
TSO.....paattaalEyE enna madakkittingge!! Antha PP pakkam konjam vaangga! :D :D

Shekhar
28th July 2005, 09:54 AM

Where did u get it from? The answer would've been rite there. Or is it another stupid trick to find out how much we know? U def have Attention Deficit Disorder, in that case. :lol: :twisted:

You are embodiment of a slow wit!! :wink: :) :)

Niranjana
7th August 2005, 06:08 PM
Get lost, loser

Sanguine Sridhar
8th August 2005, 11:26 AM
I am scared of these things

1. Heights...when i am looking from 10th or 15th floor thats it...I couldnt resist..Thalai suthum :(
2. Speed- When i drive my bike more than 70kmphr i feel sudddenly somebody is crossing the road... (Cauzed thrice i met with this similar kind of accident)
3. Cockroach - okay but when it starts to fly...Yekkkkkkkkkk :x
4. Locking the door-Yes i do after travelling a km or so i will get doubt "Whether i locked the door properly" :shock: ..I will come back again and i will check

lordstanher
8th August 2005, 01:17 PM
2. Speed- When i drive my bike more than 70kmphr i feel sudddenly somebody is crossing the road... (Cauzed thrice i met with this similar kind of accident)

Turns out I hav this kind of fear too! :?
Esp. while going by scooter! Maybe it is bcos on our roads, its usual for sumone/sumthing to suddenly cross the road in front of us! :wink:

4. Locking the door-Yes i do after travelling a km or so i will get doubt "Whether i locked the door properly" :shock: ..I will come back again and i will check

Same here- even when I was in Sing. & I wud visit home on holidays, after getting into the flight & settling down, I'd get this 'doubt' abt lokcing the door/house or even having switched off the fan/AC in my room & from there it wud start haunting me continuously! :(
Of course, I cudn't get back all the way to chek on it! :D

Querida
9th August 2005, 02:46 AM
hey Thiru ever heard of Arachibutyrophobia?

well i guess not..nor anyone else...

it's the fear of peanut butter sticking to the roof of your mouth

moreso causing choking and suffocation...

Shekhar
9th August 2005, 10:26 AM
Get lost, loser

Ha ha!! that's great!!
What if I don't.. your magesty?!! What if I follow you in every thread to expose your grandiose intelligence?!! How do you plan to get me lost?!! Use more abuses?? Then you will be trumpeting to the whole hub that you are neither decent nor a lady. that's fine with me!! :wink: :D :D

Seriously,
Being a very senior hubber let me give you a piece of advise. You can't use words like 'stupid' to fellow hubbers you hardly know or understand and think that you can get away with it. You are bound to get it back. First and foremost reqirement for a good atmosphere in hub is respect for fellow hubbers. You can put across your point, however much disagreeing you are, without discarding decency.
I have many hubbers in FH, for whom I have love, regard and respect, to whom I have given the liberty of calling me anything for a fun and I laugh with them. (And for the Female brigade, it is a great pastime!! :) ) But then they have earned it. You haven't..
So, girl, if you indulge in FH without acrimony and foul language it will be an enjoyable experience for you and for others. Have a bit of restraint.. it is good for your complexion!! :wink: :) :)

NM
9th August 2005, 11:53 AM
(And for the Female brigade, it is a great pastime!! I am sure gonna miss all the fun Shekhar!! :cry: :cry: Hope to drop by sometime.....

Shekhar
9th August 2005, 02:42 PM
Hey!! Where are you going?!! :o

Niranjana
9th August 2005, 05:57 PM
Get lost, loser

Ha ha!! that's great!!
What if I don't.. your magesty?!! What if I follow you in every thread to expose your grandiose intelligence?!! How do you plan to get me lost?!! Use more abuses?? Then you will be trumpeting to the whole hub that you are neither decent nor a lady. that's fine with me!! :wink: :D :D

Seriously,
Being a very senior hubber let me give you a piece of advise. You can't use words like 'stupid' to fellow hubbers you hardly know or understand and think that you can get away with it. You are bound to get it back. First and foremost reqirement for a good atmosphere in hub is respect for fellow hubbers. You can put across your point, however much disagreeing you are, without discarding decency.
I have many hubbers in FH, for whom I have love, regard and respect, to whom I have given the liberty of calling me anything for a fun and I laugh with them. (And for the Female brigade, it is a great pastime!! :) ) But then they have earned it. You haven't..
So, girl, if you indulge in FH without acrimony and foul language it will be an enjoyable experience for you and for others. Have a bit of restraint.. it is good for your complexion!! :wink: :) :)

WHAT ABOUT YOU TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF ME ALL THE TIME????? YOU EVEN SAID THAT I AM A MAN> HOW DARE YOU?
SO DOES THAT MEAN, YOU CAN INSULT ANYONE AND GET AWAY WITH IT? BUT NO ONE SHOULD SAY A WORD TO YOU? MAYBE, YOU ARE A SENIOR HUBBER BUT DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN INSULT OTHERS?
IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEAN, I MUST SAY YOU ARE INDEED VERY SELF-CENTERED.

NM
9th August 2005, 06:04 PM
Hey!! Where are you going?!! :oehem..................getting married and moving to australia.....will try to visit the hub after settling down...... :lol: The rest of the female brigade is here to carry on with the b-legacy :wink:

rajraj
9th August 2005, 06:10 PM
.....will try to visit the hub after settling down...... :lol:

In about 10 years? :)

dev
9th August 2005, 06:13 PM
Hey!! Where are you going?!! :oehem..................getting married and moving to australia.....will try to visit the hub after settling down...... :lol: The rest of the female brigade is here to carry on with the b-legacy :wink:

Hey NM,Congrats...BTW,what's that in yellow... :wink: :lol:

NM
9th August 2005, 06:14 PM
.....will try to visit the hub after settling down...... :lol:

In about 10 years? :)Raj...... you are set on cross-thread chase, aren't you :evil: :twisted:
10 years??? Hmm let me see....perhaps 12 cos' my husband wants a dozen kids :P :P

NM
9th August 2005, 06:16 PM
Hey NM,Congrats...BTW,what's that in yellow... :wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that was for me to know and for someone to find out :lol: :lol:
Thanks Dev! :D :D

rajraj
9th August 2005, 06:26 PM
Raj...... you are set on cross-thread chase, aren't you :evil: :twisted:
10 years??? Hmm let me see....perhaps 12 cos' my husband wants a dozen kids :P :P

Don't worry! There will be no cross-ocean chase! But then, I have never been to Australia! :)

NM
9th August 2005, 06:30 PM
You are welcome to visit me, Raj :D :D :D
I will cook Nasi Lemak, satay and other malaysian food for you... :D

Shekhar
10th August 2005, 09:51 AM
WHAT ABOUT YOU TRYING TO MAKE FUN OF ME ALL THE TIME????? YOU EVEN SAID THAT I AM A MAN> HOW DARE YOU?
SO DOES THAT MEAN, YOU CAN INSULT ANYONE AND GET AWAY WITH IT? BUT NO ONE SHOULD SAY A WORD TO YOU? MAYBE, YOU ARE A SENIOR HUBBER BUT DOES THAT MEAN YOU CAN INSULT OTHERS?
IF THAT IS WHAT YOU MEAN, I MUST SAY YOU ARE INDEED VERY SELF-CENTERED.

You certainly have great imagination. I don't know when I called you a man!!! Call you a man and insult all men!! Noway, I wouldn't!! :lol: :lol:

OK girl, since you want a duel, I will take you on, though I feel ashamed to take on a newbie like you!!
But before that, tell me why are you shoulting in capital letters?!! :) :)

Shekhar
10th August 2005, 09:57 AM
Hi NM,

Going to Australia?!! Sure we are going to miss you a lot! :( :( :(

Your husband wants a dozen children?!! great!! :wink: :D

I also wanted a dozen, but only one from each!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jughead
10th August 2005, 10:27 AM

Hey NM,Congrats...BTW,what's that in yellow... :wink: :lol:

Dev, try blocking that yellow part using the mouse - u will get it.

Congratulations NM!!! Where in Australia?

dev
10th August 2005, 10:37 AM
Thanks jughead...I already did that & that's Y the wink & laugh there...:)

scorpio
10th August 2005, 10:39 AM
I also wanted a dozen, but only one from each!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Back in form, Shekhar?

It has been quite a while since I saw such enlightening quotes from you!!! :lol:

NOV
10th August 2005, 11:09 AM
Hey!! Where are you going?!! :oehem..................getting married and moving to australia.....will try to visit the hub after settling down...... :lol: The rest of the female brigade is here to carry on with the b-legacy :wink:ippadi pOrEn pOrEnnu solli bayamuruththara eththanai pErai naamO paarththiruppOm.
(we have witnessed many ppl who threaten that they will go away)
and yet who always come back, either in a diff names or in thier own. :rotfl:
neenga endha ragamO?
which species - besides the obvious ie - are you?

## translation service specially provided for the Shaker. :P

NM
10th August 2005, 01:03 PM
Shekhar : yes will miss you and the darlings plus the hunks too :lol:

Jughead....thanks :D :D and it's Melbourne

NOV : :evil: :evil: if I come back .....no no ....WHEN i come back...it will always be as NM!! Or perhaps....Mrs K..? :lol: :lol:

Querida
11th August 2005, 10:09 PM
uh oh! you finally spilled the beans after pussy footing around.. :D especially with Badri's wink wink nudge nudge...anyways since it's finally in the open now i can now say congrats and Best of luck and you better come back NM and tell us you named atleast one of your dozen children after a hubber :lol: :D

pavalamani pragasam
11th August 2005, 10:46 PM
Let me join Q :D Congrats, NM :D

Shekhar
12th August 2005, 10:12 AM
NM,

Can you tell us who is the unfortunate victim down under? Poor chap, he doesn't know what he is getting into!! :lol: :lol:
Introduce him to hub. He will be needing our support soon!! :D :D

Querida
12th August 2005, 10:18 AM
ouch! :shock: did Shekhar really mean he will see NM's chap in the phobia thread divulging his blonking fears??? :P tsk tsk shame on you Shekhar how could you underhandedly hint at something like that! :twisted:

ahem Shekhar you're welcome for the translation :mrgreen:

NM
15th August 2005, 09:58 AM
Hmmm! Did't realize you were having fun while I was away!
Ok.......

i) Querida.... : Thanks. But am curious abt the naming thing.....which hubber did you mean?? :twisted: :twisted:

ii) Madam PP : Thank you for your wishes!

iii) Shekhar ....: UNFORTUNATE victim? :evil: Me introducing the POOR ( :shock: ) chap to the HUB?? He needs your support? :twisted: :evil:
No way! :poke: :poke: