PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite thread in this hub??

Nerd
15th July 2005, 08:17 AM
Mine is from tamil films section,

Kamal(MX) Vs Rajini(CM)

contains so much info about both kamal and rajini and I *learnt* a lot.. The most entertaining thread, IMO

:lol2:

Cinefan
15th July 2005, 10:33 AM
Mine is from tamil films section,

Kamal(MX) Vs Rajini(CM)

contains so much info about both kamal and rajini and I *learnt* a lot.. The most entertaining thread, IMO

:lol2:

Ya,But I hate any thread where one group is trying to prove their superiority over another esp using foul language/strong sarcasm. But unfortunately there a lot of such threads floating &I try my best to keep away from them.

No fav threads for me.

rami
15th July 2005, 12:12 PM
Fav thread ille Threads

1. Puzzle (misc) 8)
2. How well u know ur songs (Tamil)
3. Kaadhal enum ennam (Poem/Kavithai)
4. PP (Enna naan paadurathellam dismiss aagiduthu) :oops:

These are the threads i visit regularly

ssanjinika
15th July 2005, 05:37 PM
Tamil Films section-la endha threadlayum post panna bhyam-a errukku. There always seems to be a fight going on :P.There are so many fanatic fans out there that they cant keep an open mind and discuss anything :D

rachel
15th July 2005, 06:45 PM
Tamil Films section-la endha threadlayum post panna bhyam-a errukku. There always seems to be a fight going on :P.There are so many fanatic fans out there that they cant keep an open mind and discuss anything :D

don't worry....those are silly fights....all are good guys....i'm the secretary of that section. you are welcome always.. :D

and i want to post a reply because this is kasi's thread.

i love all the threads in tamil films section. :)

hehehewalrus
15th July 2005, 07:26 PM
indian food is my favorite. I am really enjoying the full course meals I am cooking daily these days - double curry, double poriyal and dessert :D

sonu gopi
15th July 2005, 07:41 PM
indian food is my favorite. I am really enjoying the full course meals I am cooking daily these days - double curry, double poriyal and dessert :D

Wow! not bad ..eh!! but why doubles when you are cooking daily?? :wink: Unless you're cooking two diff curries and poriyals with a single dessert ?? :-)

SONU GOPI :huh:

hehehewalrus
15th July 2005, 08:54 PM
yes 2 different types only :)

Nerd
17th July 2005, 09:44 PM
The moderators have closed my favourite thread due to its huge size :cry:

So, now my favourite thread is puzzles from this section :lol2:

j.chenkalvarayan
22nd July 2005, 02:05 PM
my fav threads:

1. puzzle(misc)
2.all threads in the western music and movies section
3.tamizh movie chat (tamil films forum) . even though i've stopped posting in that section altogether i still can't stop laughing at the way guys like pras,karthick sir salivate. :lol: :lol: please visit that thread if you find time.

malligai
23rd July 2005, 08:50 PM
My favorite threads are:

Anything & Everything in the Kavidhaigal Section.

while talking about the 'fav' threads, the only place i like to visit if i am having a 'dull' day is the Tamil Films Section... :lol: ..

the 'Ever-So Important' discussions/arguments provides endless laughs to any reader... :thumbsup: :lol:

way to go, all Vijay and 'Thala' fans!! :lol:

Idiappam
23rd July 2005, 10:09 PM
If you have favourites, then you have less thrills.

Oru thiriyilirunthu matroru thirikku thaavuvathuthaan thrill....
-- Thirithaavu Thirumanthiyaar (Sanga Kaalam)

malligai
23rd July 2005, 10:37 PM
Idiappam,

:thumbsup:

Nerd
23rd July 2005, 10:54 PM
If you dont have any favourites,

PaRRilladha vAzhkkai! GnanihaL!!

pavalamani pragasam
24th July 2005, 07:54 AM
malarukku malar thaavum vaNdukaL njaanikaLaa? :lol:

Sanguine Sridhar
5th August 2005, 01:34 AM

don't worry....those are silly fights....all are good guys....i'm the secretary of that section. you are welcome always.. :D

and i want to post a reply because this is kasi's thread.

i love all the threads in tamil films section. :)

Hoy! Naan indha side vara maateyenu alli viduria :lol: You are secretay? :shock: :shock:

selvakumar
5th August 2005, 12:36 PM
I don't know what others might think of this. But my favorite thread in the hub is AJITH - THE REAL SUPERSTAR. It went for 130 odd pages. NOw it had been reduced coz of its increasing size.

hehehewalrus
6th August 2005, 06:50 AM
Ya,But I hate any thread where one group is trying to prove their superiority over another esp using foul language/strong sarcasm. But unfortunately there a lot of such threads floating &I try my best to keep away from them.

One should examine why sarcasm exists in the first place. No sane person likes to get a kick out of life by being an unknown person in an unknown universe called cyberspace and harassing or mocking another unknown person. I have done my best to project commonality across by keeping away from YOU vs ME threads(like Evolution or God, This party v That party, etc) and starting threads that try to bring out basic common qualities/longings among hubbers. Now I have resorted to sarcasm often coz that was the only way out since multiple complaints to admin went completely unheeded. I dont believe in abusing back, it only wounds a person and a wounded person will only continue the game to the last breath. But atleast when you make a person feel silly, he will atleast quietly slink away(all bullies are actually cowards on the inside and will immediately run away when faced with an equal), that was my rationale(Of course, this is under the given condition that no effective moderation was done and law of the jungle prevails).

You can be like the Indian police - say that criminals are not being caught since victims are not providing sufficient information about the offender.
(or)
You can be like the police in western countries - deal stringently with crime in such a way that possibilities of crime is highly reduced.

Unfortunately the admin has acted like the Indian police 99% of the time.

Consider this: When your house is in a mess after being repeatedly vandalised by a handful of guys for seven years, who is to blame, you or the vandals?
But we all know who gets blamed for mess in forumhub, dont we?

A good teacher feels bad when his students fail his tests, since their performance is actually a reflection on him. Only a pathetic teacher feels delighted in screwing his students and watching them fail.

If admin bites the bullet and slaps a one month ban on a guy for every 5 posts of his that are offensive, nobody is going to play the fool here. Even the victims will not retort back in self-defense because they know that the harasser is digging his own grave. No conflagrations will erupt.

But will the admins come forward to take up the challenge? Or will they persist in their belief that "In the world of the blind, the one-eyed man(i.e, guy with the admin password) is king" and continue to follow their own sweet but ineffective ways of administration?

[BTW, I am not an ex-hubber but I know some ex-hubbers whose families/wives have been harassed with lewd phone calls, etc from some vandals with whom they fought on some stupid Tamil-Sanskrit issue, the idiots who did the phone calls were actually "educated" NRIs...which I why I always advice hubbers to maintain anonymity here. Or best of all, get out of this place and get a life in the real world]

RR
6th August 2005, 09:51 AM
Walrus,

We are accused of indiscriminate banning and you are saying this. Is there any forum that you administer or moderate? I want to see how your 'novel' crime-prevention system works.

Anyway I've started counting.. 4 more to go..

blahblah
6th August 2005, 12:30 PM
Walrus,I feel that you were a bit too harsh there,yet yours was one of the few sane voices in those threads in the culture section.Most of my favourite threads are no more active.As for those in the culture section several were taken out too.

Probably we are all part of the problem.We have all got into hot arguments and have contributed to that 'confrontation culture' in the culture section.I think the problem the mods are facing is that they are accused of high handedness while they ban someone or delete posts and partisan when they do not do it.It is a tight rope to walk,but I hope they will be able to do it in a manner that convinces most hubbers.

gaddeswarup
9th August 2005, 05:06 AM
Without going in to the merits and demerits of this forum (actually, I find it more satisfactory than many other forums that i have been visiting), I wish that there is more discussion about globalization problems. Probably many members are young people busy with their careers and missing home and the forum serves as a home away from home. At the same time, most members have access to more information than most in India. These days, I find that most news avenues are dominated by either the so called national interests or the interests of the owners. In this atmosphere, independent sites, forums such as this, and blogging serve as a sources of independent ideas and information. Personally I think that globalization is inevitable but that various unpleasant aspects of it, from special interest groups, have to be controlled. This can only come through independent sources and increasing the awareness of people who lack the resources such as this.
I also like Walrus' idea of attacking problems through sarcasm and humour. I am enclosing an abstract of an old story of kalki from:
http://www.indiatogether.org/2005/aug/soc-dontask.htm
Swarup
" A short story written by the Tamil writer and social observer Kalki early in the twentieth century tells the tale of a village postmaster eager to impress a visiting postal inspector. He lauds Gandhi and the Congress, but he disagrees with their efforts to emancipate the untouchables. As proof of what he regards as the corrupting influence of the untouchables, the postmaster offers this: he can cure snake-bite by reciting appropriate chants and mantras, but the cure doesn't work "if even the breeze passing by a pariah blows on me after my purificatory dip".

Soon enough in the narrative, a snake bite victim presents himself. The inspector watches the postmaster ritually prepare himself, make arrangements to have untouchables kept away from the area, and begin his chanting. Lo, in a few minutes, the victim regains consciousness and seems to be cured! But just as the postmaster begins to gloat over his success, the inspector roars with laughter over an altogether different observeration. "You are greatly deceived", he tells the bewildered postmaster, "I am an untouchable, and until today, I had felt inferior about my birth. But now I have learned that God has made no distinctions. He has made every man equal."

The moral lesson is evident - that untouchability is a disdainful practice. But the story additionally contains a sharp insight; Kalki's tale highlights what social scientists are only now beginning to understand through investigation - sometimes caste matters only if one expects it to matter. If one is conscious of caste, then this will shape one's response to opportunities."

stranger
10th August 2005, 01:27 AM
walrus, blah blah et al.,!

I think I quite get what provokes hhw now. And the reason for his outburst despite the fact that I have stood against him 90% of the time here.

* Our imagination plays a major role here in hubbing. The more you understand more trouble you get into.

* One runs into serious trouble once you learn a bit about some hubbers and their attitude in detail. You become biased and prejudiceous against some particular hubbers and you will react vilolently and harshly when such a hubber is acting like "good guy".

* Some hubbers get on our nerves so easily. Only "you" and may be few others who watch you carefully know, who could get on your nerve easily.

* You can NOT expect the moderators and administrator to understand such a "special feeling" you have for "some particular hubbers". Because they did not have much time to observe your "inter-hub-personal" dealings carefully. They just dont care. Why should they? That is absolutely that hubber's problem. Of course, I dont blame the moderators for that.

* The situation gets worse when such a hubber is "pretending" to be a "good one" and fingering at "others"-unless he/she also includes himself/herself in the bunch at which he/she is fingering at as the intolerable one.

If you learn to ignore the hubbers who easily get on your nerve, completely, you will be the winner. But it aint that easy to get there. If you are really "good"- as you imgaine about yourself, and misjudged by the "system", dont worry, the truth will be revealed in a long run. :)

blahblah
10th August 2005, 11:22 AM
If you learn to ignore the hubbers who easily get on your nerve, completely, you will be the winner. But it aint that easy to get there. If you are really "good"- as you imgaine about yourself, and misjudged by the "system", dont worry, the truth will be revealed in a long run. :)

100% true.I believe that most of us are here with some bias and prejudice.We all come with some fixed ideas and it won't be easy to swallow a very different opinion.I have more than once committed the mistake of being aggressive towards certain hubbers because I was prejudiced against them.It is hard to be silent when you feel that some guys are here with very wrong intentions[Yet to them,what they do should be right!].

As for mods,naturally they can't read every post of individual hubbers,analyze them in the context and trace every hubber with whom you have a problem and punish them for that. :lol:

By the way,I didn't know you both had a problem between you! :D

stranger
10th August 2005, 10:39 PM
Hope you did not miss the point, that it was never personal and, we both knew that! 8) He never forgot to say goodbye to me when he was leaving for whatever reason and, I miss him too :)

Shekhar
11th August 2005, 10:19 AM
I have been here in FH for almost five years, and I have never had any problem. But then, I rarely visit any other section except Miscellaneous.
I respect the other persons view point, even if completely disagree. I avoid confrontations, because they are always futile. Usually I ignore offences or laugh it off. I don't think I have any 'enemy' in the hub, definitely not male ones. :) Yea.. may be a couple of females who get livid at my name.. :lol: :lol:

I feel sad that hehewalrus is leaving the hub for unfortunate reasons... :( :(

Cinefan
11th August 2005, 10:44 AM

Me too,I have had a couple of run in's with him but his PM to me saying good bye made me very sad.

But I was delighted to know that he has posted in the IR albums section yesterday,maybe he decided not to retire after all :D

nirosha sen
13th August 2005, 12:20 PM
I found this hub when I was searching for a chat-group on the Annamalai teleserial!!

Was getting way too frustrated with the turn of the script and ad-hoc style of story-telling, that I simply had to share my angst with someone else out there!! Lo and behold, there it was - forumhub - when I googled for it!!

No turning back although I was confined mostly to that serial sites of which there were 4 different threads, in the ole days, Pa!! :wink:

Of course, when I browsed around the other sites, I did find time for some fisti-cuffs with some over-nourished, rich kid flaying Aish on the Net!!

madhu
13th August 2005, 03:15 PM
Now.......... this thread is very interesting.. !! :P

nirosha sen
14th August 2005, 08:33 AM

Me too,I have had a couple of run in's with him but his PM to me saying good bye made me very sad.

But I was delighted to know that he has posted in the IR albums section yesterday,maybe he decided not to retire after all :D

Me thinks, our pal has simply chosen to practise "silence in retreat", Pa!! But nevertheless, chooses less favourite haunts where he's unlikely to run into the denizens of the Misc. section, to break the silence occasionally!!

Well, someone did say, he'd be back!! I wonder how long he's gonna fight it, though?????? :wink:

nilavupriyan
20th August 2005, 09:42 AM
the present kamal vs rajini thread........because im the author of that thread :lol:

anyway its gona reach 500 posts..........

to be frank i really enjoyed posting in kandiban threads......too interesting

then tamil chat thread