PDA

View Full Version : Vegetable Sandwich

Oldposts
22nd November 2004, 11:48 AM
Topic started by S (ss@boxfrog.com) (@ cosiapat1.net.americas.agilent.com) on Fri Apr 4 12:43:26 .

Hello Forum Hubbers
I am desperate to have the vegetable sandwich which we get in B'lore Iyengar Bakery. Its like some curry between 2 bread . Its so tasty. I have been asking of this for a long time. Hope I get help :(:(

Oldposts
Hi S,
I had posted the recipe in Karnataka recipes thread. If you navigate to old responses, you will find this recipe.

CI.

Oldposts

hi anu
here is the recipe for bread channa i think u will like it
bread channa:
Ingredients:Bread slices, Channa masala, Vegetables(carrot,beans,peas), Tomato, Onion, Garlic, Coriander leaves., Chilly powder, salt., Gram flour

Method:Toast the bread slices and cut each into 4 parts. Boil and mash all the vegetables .To this add channa masala and ground paste of garlic,onion and tomato.Keep stirring till the raw smell goes off.Now adda channa masala,salt and chilly powder.Keep stirring till its just thick enough and not liquidy. Now take two bread pieces .Place a little channa masala u have made now between this like u do for sandwich.Make a semi-liquid paste with gram flour ,salt and chilly powder.Dip this bread sandwich and fry till golden brown.Allow oil to drain and serve hot.

Oldposts
Hello S,

CARROT SANDWICH

Ingredients:
Carrots - 1/4 kg.
Onions - 2
Ginger, green chilli paste - 2 tsps.
Tomatoes - 2
Chopped mint, coriander, curry leaves - 2 Tbsp.
Bread slices - 10
Salt & Oil - As required

Method:
Steam cook the carrots, grate them & set aside. Finely chop onions & tomatoes. Heat little oil in a pan & add little mustard seeds. When it splutters add ginger - chilli paste & saute for about a minute. Then add onions & saute till onions become quite crisp. Stir in tomatoes & continue frying till all moisture is absorbed. Add the grated carrots, salt, chopped leaves & fry well. This masala can be spread as it is onto buttered bread slices or can be ground like a chutney & then placed on the slices. If desired the sandwich can then be toasted using sandwich maker. Serve with mint chutney or tomato ketchup.

Recipe Courtesy : Mrs.Mallika Badrinath.

I haven't had the sandwich in Bangalore Iyengar Bakery ; but since this recipe is carrot-based chutney type, i thought i'd post it for you. If you try it out do let me know if it was what you were looking for.
Revathy.

Oldposts
Hi Revathy,CI and SK
Thanks for taking the time to post the recipes
I will try it out and post the outcome.

Thanks again

Oldposts
Hello CI
I am not able to see the old response which u have posted for sandwich ..
can u post the recipe or just the url for me again
thanks a lot

Oldposts
Hi,

I searched and got from Karnataka Receipies.

Bread Toast:

Ingredients:
Bread Slices - 12 (Select white ones not whole wheat flour ones)
Onion - 2 big chopped finely
Tomatoes - 2 medium chopped finely
Carrots - 2 medium grated
turmeric - 1/2 tsp
salt to taste
Green chillies - 10 or more
Coriander leaves - 1/4 cup chopped finely
Oil - 3 Tbsp
Mustard - 1/2 tsp

Method:
1. Heat oil in a kadai.When hot, add mustard. When it splutters, add green chillies, turmeric and stir.
2. Add onions and fry till done. Add salt.
3. Add tomatoes and grated carrots and cook till done.
4. Check for the salt and add chopped coriander leaves. Mix and turn off heat.
5. Grease a baking sheet.
6. Pre heat the oven to 400 F
7. Take bread slices one by one and spread the mixture on each of them.
8. Place them on the baking sheet.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes. If you lift the slice and look at the bottom side, it should be a shade of dark golden brown (not very dark).
10. Serve hot plain or with ketchup.

I think this what u r looking for....
<a name="last"></a>

Vasu
24th December 2004, 06:53 AM
:(

Surya
24th December 2004, 07:05 AM
Big Process. :(