PDA

View Full Version : recipes with photos

shreya23
17th July 2005, 03:22 PM
hi fellow hubbers
check out this site which has got some good recipes with step by step photos!the idli recipe especially is explained with step by step photos!the recipes are mostly homestyle, authentic veg &non veg recipes & everyday a new recipe is added to the site. check out this site & dont forget to add your comments & your requests for your favourite recipes!BTW if someone else knows of any indian food blogs please can you share the addresses with me?

rain
17th July 2005, 11:22 PM
hi shreya123,

i just visited the site u mentioned and sure find it interesting and novel.thanks!

regarding indian cooking sites ....the most visited would be i guess bawarchi.com.i also get valuable tips from hemant ji's site. another one at http://www.cookingwithbj.com esp.the kitchen guide section------u might find that helpful.

regards,

rain

shreya23
18th July 2005, 02:46 PM
hi rain
thanks for visiting the site bye
shreya

shreya23
19th July 2005, 10:49 PM
murunga keerai sambar recipe & lime rice recipe have been added to the site.

Raathi
19th July 2005, 11:39 PM
Hi shreya,
It's a very interesting site!by the way are you the one who is posting those nice recipies?
Thanks.

shreya23
20th July 2005, 12:22 PM
yep!

shreya23
20th July 2005, 06:44 PM
new iyengar pulao recipe has been posted!!

http://enveetusamayal.blogspot.com/

dev
20th July 2005, 08:43 PM
Hi Shreya,

U r doing a great job pa... the pulao looks yummy!!!... Will try it out & let U know...

shreya23
20th July 2005, 10:26 PM
dosai recipe with photo instruction has been posted! shakthi the dosai recipe you asked me for has been posted on my site .

bye

shreya23
20th July 2005, 10:29 PM
hi dev
do try out the pulao recipe , you will not be disappointed & dont forget to add your comments.
bye

shreya23
22nd July 2005, 12:39 AM
hi
chettinad milagu kozhi(pepper chicken) recipe has been added to the site. bye

shreya23
22nd July 2005, 10:00 PM
hi fellow hubbers
i have posted a new photo recipe on my site- 'Chayote paruppu porial'
try it out , it tastes yummy with plain basmati rice & ghee. bye

kavithasenthil
22nd July 2005, 10:07 PM
yes it looks yummy.

hehehewalrus
25th July 2005, 08:15 AM
hi shreya
whats the meaning of chayote?

shreya23
25th July 2005, 12:32 PM
hi hehehewalrus
chayote is a vegetable - what u call bangalore kathirikai or chow chow.
shreya

RedPepper
26th July 2005, 12:14 AM
I can only see the recipes for Chettinad milagu kozhi( pepper chicken). How do I see the other recipes?

shreya23
29th July 2005, 12:45 PM
hi
the photo recipes are back.

shreya23
29th July 2005, 01:39 PM
hi

a new recipe 'murunga keerai porial has been added to the site.

bye,

dev
30th July 2005, 12:15 AM
Hi Shreya,

Good to see ur blog lively again... Though I've not tried any of the recipes U've posted,I love looking thru the pics U've posted...they r very intersting... :)

shreya23
30th July 2005, 01:06 AM
hi dev
thank you :D

Raathi
30th July 2005, 01:59 AM
Hi shreya,
last week tried your pulao recipe and it was tasted very good.
by posting many of your family recipes,you are doing a good job!
Thanks,
raathi.

shreya23
30th July 2005, 01:05 PM
hi raathi
thank you :D

.bye

Ivete
30th July 2005, 04:11 PM
Hi shreya23!
I just saw your post and visited your blog.
It's very nice and great to see the step by step pictures. As I'm not Indian and love Indian food it's important for me to see the pictures to have an idea how the dish has to be.
keep up the good work and hope your thread becomes a sticky one.
Bye!

shreya23
30th July 2005, 06:04 PM
thank you ivete :D

.bye

shreya23
30th July 2005, 07:26 PM
hi redpepper
you will now be able to see the rest of the recipes on my blog.

bye.

shreya23
30th July 2005, 07:28 PM
'tandoori aloo varuval ' recipe has been posted on my blog

. bye

Sowmya
30th July 2005, 09:16 PM
Hi Shreya
It's great to see your recipes with photos.I really appreciate your efforts to post step by step procedure photos.
Keep up your great work. :thumbsup:

Regards
Sowmya

shreya23
30th July 2005, 11:27 PM
thanks sowmya :D

bye

riceandbeans
31st July 2005, 02:31 AM
Hi, Shreya!!

Thank you so much for posting these recipes. My dosas came out good for the first time.

kavithasenthil
31st July 2005, 02:44 AM
Hello Shreya,

Though i was little upset previously for something(i don't want to discuss..just leave it) but can't keep quite with out appreciating you. U r doing wonderful job. I am happy some one made dosa becaz of you. Keep up ur work. Lots of wishes from me and other hubbers. :thumbsup:

shreya23
31st July 2005, 05:49 PM
thanks kavithasenthil :D

bye

kavithasenthil
1st August 2005, 10:11 PM
Tried chayote paruppu porial yester day with bottle gourd. Truely it was very tasty. My husband keep on saying 'its too good'. Thanks a bunch for the same.

sk
2nd August 2005, 02:16 AM
Hi Shreya,

Whats chayote?

Regards,

arrecipes
2nd August 2005, 03:42 AM
Hi sk,
Chayote is Chow Chow in Tamil

riceandbeans
3rd August 2005, 02:30 AM
Shreya,
Do you have a recipe for takkali theetippu (tomato jam)?

dev
3rd August 2005, 10:07 AM
Hey Shreya,

tried chayote paruppu porial... It was so yummy... Thanks a lot for the recipe...

shreya23
30th December 2005, 07:38 PM
hi everybody
some new photos have been added!
:D shreya
hope to see u all on my site, bye

shreya23
30th December 2005, 11:43 PM
new post has been added to my blog

ssanjinika
31st December 2005, 12:02 AM
sherya:
I see that some recipies only the photos are available.No recipie is present.Is that the way the blog is set up or is there someother problem.(I dont see the recepie for nei obattu,dont even see chayote paruppu porial etc).The other recipies look real good.Am def going to try out ur chettinad chicken .Will let you know how it comes out.

Kateangeline
31st December 2005, 08:29 AM
Hi Shreya,

Your site looks very tempting with all those excellent food photoes.It would make it more nicer if u could add the recipes for the nei obattu, murukkus,rava idlis etc.I will surely be visiting your site again.Keep up the good work!

Regards,
Kate.

shreya23
31st December 2005, 08:07 PM
hi
ssanjinika try it out u wont be dissapointed & katangeline i will try to post the recipes as soon as i can, but in the meanwhile if you find a recipe really interesting just leave a word in the comment section & i will get back to you.btw i have posted a photo of the lunch that we had today !our last lunch for the year 2005!!!
shreya :D

shreya23
1st January 2006, 08:09 PM
wishing everyone a happy new year 2006
shreya :D

shreya23
3rd January 2006, 03:27 AM
hi everybody
new post has been added
shreya

VK Narayanan
4th January 2006, 12:03 AM
I know this is shameless self promotion, pardon me for this. I just thought of letting you know of My Dhaba which is a rendezvous to relish the flavor of traditional Indian home cooking with few exotic endangered recipes, pictures, and videos! Welcome to be our guest of the day!

Wish you all a delightful and prosperous new year 2006. Cheers!

a_gopinathan
4th January 2006, 12:37 AM
hey vkn,

i ofen check your blog and tried the prawns jalfreizy last week. it came out very well. thanks a lot for publishing all the wonderful recepies in your blog

happy new year
Anju

RedPepper
4th January 2006, 03:11 AM
I know this is shameless self promotion, pardon me for this. I just thought of letting you know of My Dhaba which is a rendezvous to relish the flavor of traditional Indian home cooking with few exotic endangered recipes, pictures, and videos! Welcome to be our guest of the day!

Wish you all a delightful and prosperous new year 2006. Cheers!

Hello vkn, good to see you here. I am a fan of your blog ever since I saw it. I have copied and saved many of your recipes. Planning to try your way of making tomato rasam soon.

VK Narayanan
7th January 2006, 09:18 AM
Thank you Red pepper. I too love some of your exotic pictures. We made some chocolate idli yesterday. Check it out.

shreya23
9th January 2006, 07:36 PM
hi vkn
thanks for the invite :D ! seen your blog & planning to try out the radish vadai , will try it out tomorrow & let you know.
shreya

rajikrish
9th January 2006, 08:01 PM
hi shreya,
can u post the recipe for alooparatha & neiobbattu,Iam able to seethe fotos only.Thanks

rajikrish

RedPepper
10th January 2006, 12:39 AM
I have new photos added too. :D

shreya23
10th January 2006, 01:29 AM
hi rajikrish
will try to post the recipes this weekend.
shreya

shreya23
10th January 2006, 01:34 AM
hi redpepper
the fish kozhumbu looks mouthwatering( oru pudi pudhichingla? :D ).but what is kodumpuli?is it something different from tamarind?
shreya

rajikrish
10th January 2006, 05:03 AM
hi shreya,
thanks. also do u have the recipe for kaiobbattu

rajikrish

RedPepper
10th January 2006, 06:42 AM
hi redpepper
the fish kozhumbu looks mouthwatering( oru pudi pudhichingla? :D ).but what is kodumpuli?is it something different from tamarind?
shreya

Hello Shreya

It is different from tamarind. You should be able to find it at any Indian grocery store, probably in the same aisle they keep tamarind. Kokum looks similar to kodampuli, but it is different. I have posted a picture of kodampuli in my blog. Please check it out, you will get an idea of how it look like.

VK Narayanan
11th January 2006, 12:30 PM
We cooked prawns curry and chicken kurma yesterday. Recipe details and pictures posted in my blog.

shreya23
11th January 2006, 06:44 PM
hi red pepper
thanks for the explanation. will look out for it during my next visit to the indian grocery store.
shreya

shreya23
11th January 2006, 06:47 PM
just wanted to add this that all along i thought that they were one & the same & i had been using tamarind in recipes calling for kodumpuli :(
bye
shreya

Thattai
18th January 2006, 01:02 PM
Dear Shreya,

I just came across this thread today and visited your blog. The pictures and recipes both look yummy, and I will try them as and when possible. In the meanwhile, there are quite a few items of which there are pictures, but no recipes (eg: Christmas lunch items or nei obattu or aloo parathas etc).

Would really be great if you would post recipes for all the items that u have picturised as they all look (and sound) REALLY yummy, and I'm sure everybody at home would love to try them.

Looking fwd to ur posting more recipes.

Thanks,

Thattai

cynthia_a02
5th February 2006, 07:12 AM
hai shreya,
i'm a new hubber.i don't know how to view ur blog.please let me know.i'm eagerly waiting.thanks in advance

RedPepper
5th February 2006, 07:43 PM
hello cynthia_a02,

Let me post the link for you.

cynthia_a02
6th February 2006, 07:05 AM
dear Red pepper,
thanks a lot.bye.

cynthia_a02
6th February 2006, 07:51 PM
hai Red Pepper,
can u please post the receipe for green peas with tofu.thanks in advance.bye.

Jonu
8th February 2006, 05:34 AM
Hello Shreya ,

How are you ? I am new to this site and have been trying to cook new recipes for my family and as you have mentioned about your site , How do I get to see your recipes please let me know .

Thanks ,
Sonia .

Jonu
8th February 2006, 05:35 AM
Hello Shreya ,

How are you ? I am new to this site and have been trying to cook new recipes for my family and as you have mentioned about your site , How do I get to see your recipes please let me know .

Thanks ,
Sonia .

cynthia_a02
8th February 2006, 08:07 PM
hai jonu,
i'm also new to this hub.i've got the address from red pepper.
bye.take care.

Jonu
9th February 2006, 05:01 AM
Hi Cynthia ,

Thanks a lot for sharing the link apperciate it :) .

Take care ,
Bye ,
Sonia .

Jonu
9th February 2006, 05:28 AM
Hi again Cynthia ,

I checked the link you posted me , But I cant see any recipes , except pictures can you help me please thanks .

Regards ,
Sonia .

cynthia_a02
9th February 2006, 07:52 PM
hai jonu,
its working for me.for some of them only the photos r posted.no receipes.anyhow try this http://enveetusamayal.blogspot.com/2005/07/chayote-paruppu-porial.html
bye.

RedPepper
11th February 2006, 08:32 PM
hai Red Pepper,
can u please post the receipe for green peas with tofu.thanks in advance.bye.

Sorry cynthia_a02, I missed this post.
That is just the green peas masala with toasted tofu added during the final stage of cooking.
Here is the recipe in brief: Heat oil in a pan, and saute in this order. First onion, when they turn golden, add garlic-ginger-green chilli. Then masala powders- chilli, turmeric, coriander and garam masala. (I added 1/2 tsp of corn flour along with the masala powders to get the gravy thick. :roll: ) After frying the masala powders for a couple of minutes, you may add tomatoes and then cooked green peas. Boil until you get the right consistency. Toast the tofu cubes and add to the curry and cook 5 more minutes.

cynthia_a02
11th February 2006, 10:16 PM
hai red pepper,
thanks a lot for ur receipe.i'm having a tofu packet and don't know what to do with.i'll try this out.thanks again.bye take care.

RedPepper
22nd February 2006, 07:43 AM
Just found this page. Some recipes with pictures.

http://www.route79.com/food/

cynthia_a02
6th March 2006, 08:02 PM
dear redpepper,
tried ur peas with tofu.its really nice.i had it with chappathi and curd rice.thank u for such a nice receipe.can u please psot any other receipes using tofu.thanks in davnce.

RedPepper
6th March 2006, 08:35 PM
[tscii:d1e903e86c]
dear redpepper,
tried ur peas with tofu.its really nice.i had it with chappathi and curd rice.thank u for such a nice receipe.can u please psot any other receipes using tofu.thanks in davnce.

Awww Cynthia, that was the first and last package of tofu I have ever bought. I have been longing to incorporate tofu into our diet after knowing its health benefits. But I didn’t like it very much because it tasted just bland. I think I should buy another pack and try different recipes. I am guessing maybe if I marinate the tofu cubes with masalas for a few hours before using it, it might absorb the flavors and wouldn’t taste that bland? Do you have any idea?[/tscii:d1e903e86c]

Sowmya
6th March 2006, 09:58 PM
[tscii:ede790d089] I am guessing maybe if I marinate the tofu cubes with masalas for a few hours before using it, it might absorb the flavors and wouldn’t taste that bland? Do you have any idea?[/tscii:ede790d089]

Hi Red pepper
Yes.. you are right...marinating tofu in masalas/soysauce will enhance it's taste.. :)
here is a recipe I tried and liked very much..
I am sorry I don't remember the source though :oops:

Regards
Sowmya :)

Spicy Tofu Sambal (Malaysian)

Ingredients

1 pack of firm Tofu (Drain and cut into 1/4" by 1" by 1" square pieces)
2 large Tomatoes (chopped)
2 large Onions (sliced thinly)
1 clove of Garlic (chopped)
1/2" piece of Ginger (chopped)
1/2 cup of Cilantro (chopped for garnish)
1/2 cup of light Soya Sauce (optional)
3 tsps of Sambal Oelek or soak 6 to 10 red chillies and grind them to a wet
paste)
2 tsps Tomato Puree
2 tsps of Sugar
Salt to taste
Oil for frying
Water

Method:

Marinate the cut tofu pieces in the soy sauce for 30 minutes. Heat a pan and add enough oil to cover the bottom.
Fry the tofu on all sides until golden brown. Drain on a paper towel.
Use the same oil to fry the garlic, ginger, onions, red chilli paste until the oil comes to the surface or until it smells fragrant.
Add the tomato puree and the tomatoes. Add salt to taste. Cook until it is a smooth gravy and add water, if it thickens too much or sticks to the pan.
Add the sugar which will caramelize and make the gravy a dark red. Add the tofu pieces to the gravy and stir well before you garnish with cilantro.
Dish it out and have it warm with the Sayur Lodeh and steamed white rice.

rain
7th March 2006, 09:17 PM
lot of these Thai restaurents too seem to use tofu a lot.we really liked one dish made of tofu,pumpkin, zucchini and greenbeans in a coconut curry and the fried tofu had absorbed the coconut very well.that's also a good combination.

regards,
rain

rsankar
22nd March 2006, 04:17 PM
watch this a special WD Video Presentation web page

http://www.womansday.com/article.asp?section_id=2&article_id=10072

Try this different recipe
(Swiss Chocolate Mousse Torte)