PDA

View Full Version : Who is better - Barathiraja or Balachander

Pages : [1] 2

S.Balaji
17th July 2005, 04:47 PM
Dear Friends,

I wish to initiate a debate on this topic. I feel , Barathiraja counts more in terms of variety and class . K.B's most pictures were either remake of successful movies from other languages or a popular story which appeared in leading tamil magazines.
BR was more creative thinker.
BR gives positive end to his movies but KB will make us wonder where it will end with.

S.Balaji

interz
17th July 2005, 10:45 PM
please move this thread to tamil films section.

nilavupriyan
18th July 2005, 09:46 AM
really nice topic.i feel barathiraja gave different films.16 vayadhiniley,sikappu rojakkal,tiktiktik,en uyir thozhan,kadalora kavidhaikal...........
balachander also tried some diffrent movies.but he is amtuerish in his direction.not that natural like barathiraja.barathiraja's best picture in "mudhal mariyadhai"

Alien
18th July 2005, 09:48 AM
Yeah Bharathiraja is much gr8er than balachandar

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 10:46 AM
Dear guys

Vedam pudidhu of BR was an epic . He at the climax of the movie very beautifully had summarised the issue and ended the Movie on a positive note.
Of mudhal mariyadhai is a unique and fantastic concept of an old man getting into love as he was not getting with his wife. Really a wonder theme. I liked it.

This happens to everybody in life. If you are not getting the affection and passion from your dear ones,you look for somebodyelse and thats the story.

Scale
18th July 2005, 12:04 PM
How can one forget Kizhakku Cheemayile & the songs.

Thenkizhakku cheemayile song....

Kozhikku kunju mela kovam illaya
Un pola annan intha vooril illaye.

Pasatha pangu poda patta illayae.

:thumbsup:

If u notice after KC why BR drowned, his focus diverted towards his his son rather to the script & screenplay.

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 12:28 PM
You are right. Probably BRs focus shifted to grooming his son and that ended his reign.
Also, for every creative thinker, as a human being , there is a limit and end to all. BR could sustain for a longer duration as he is a great creative thinker.

You can take the case of directors - Mahendran , Bagyaraj, Udayakumar, P Vasu, Pandyarajan, Parthiban even Shankar

All the above after one point could not stretch their creativity.

Sanguine Sridhar
18th July 2005, 12:50 PM
Bharathiraja is the best! Much better than KB...

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 01:01 PM
hello,

Why there are no takers for KB ???

Nobody seems to be in support of KB .

Can we conclude that BR is better than KB ???

Neeharika
18th July 2005, 01:23 PM
hello,

KB movies are weird sometimes....very hard to accept his concepts in reality...for eg...kalki,vidukathai...so and so.....

even pudhu pudhu arthangal...i find it wierd...becoz...they show as if rahama and sitara are lovers...then at last they get separted and start to live with their spouse.... :x

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 01:37 PM
Meeharika,

Yes. The concept of getting conceived for another woman ( in Kalki )is silly, unacceptable and horrible thinking on the part of KB.
Yes, on Pudhu pudhu arthangal also, Rehman and Sitara will behave like lovers but suddenly they will give up after change of hearts. Probably KB did not know how to end that deadlock. This again proves my theory that KB is poor finisher.

Even Arangetram also, he will make the heroine a lunatic at the end. BR would have made a more realistic acceptable end to that movie.
The only positive movie I had seen from KB is Vaanamay ellai. A good object lesson for youngsters.

Neeharika
18th July 2005, 01:46 PM
his 100th film parthalae paravasam...don't know wat he is trying to do...i think KB was completely lost how he want to carry out the storyline...it was dragging sooooooooo much without any logic...very poor storyline.... :shock:

tvsankar
18th July 2005, 01:51 PM
Bharathi Raja and K.Balachandar, irandu perumae pengalai patriya subjectai than eduthargal.
Bharathi Raaja - Pengalain soft cornerai eduthu kondar.Inru yaridamum edharkum soft corner enbadhae illamal poi vittadhu.Avarasa ulagam oru reasona aga irukalam.
K.Balachandar - Ivar pengalin hard corner eduthu kondar.Goal enrum ambition enrum responsible enbadhilum ,pengalin feellings and adhai saadhikum podhu varum idargalaiyum KB eduthu kondar.Anal indha nijathai accept panni kollum society idhu varai uruvagavillai.Anal adharkana starting vandhu irukiradhu.
Inraiya nijathil ethanoyo 'Aval oru dhodarkadhai' Sujatha irukirargal.
Ethanaiyo "Avargal" Sujathavum irukirargal.
Innum niriaya sollalam.Anal nichayam K.B.in heroine elllam nija life ilum irukum sila pengal dhan.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

alwarpet_andavan
18th July 2005, 01:59 PM
I would rate BR higher than KB any day, though KB is great in his own right
16 Vayadhinile, Vedam Pudhidhu, Mudhal Mariydahai, Sigappu Rojakkal, KC (especially the seval fight scene) are great works......

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 02:26 PM
BR was once stamped as a village man after making 16 vayadhinilay and Kizakay pogum rail.
To silince his critics, he did Sigappu rojakkal and it was a super hit.
Itwas just to tell his critics that he can come to city subject also.

BR is more versatile. BR lived in nature . We can see BR through NIvas or Kannan ( the cinematoghapers ). BR speaks through scenes.
BR is very creative : He only introduced simultaneous cutting scenes
The unforgettble scene is in Mudhal mariyathai when the lover hears the death of his bride and the whole village gathers and he goes aloof and throws the flute in the water.

All the above , BR made it in a single scene and it was terrific.

Really, nobody had even thought of such a imaginative scene.

Not atleast KB

Neeharika
18th July 2005, 02:32 PM
is maan vasanai BR movie? :roll:

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 03:01 PM
Of course, its by BR only

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 03:04 PM
We can also compare a common theme which both BR and KB experimented.

Aval oru thodar kathai vs Pudhumai pen

I feel Pudumaipen was much better as BR presented Revathy as a bold and independent lady and will stand alone at the end.

Another landmark creation by BR.

Neeharika
18th July 2005, 03:05 PM
We can also compare a common theme which both BR and KB experimented.

Aval oru thodar kathai vs Pudhumai pen

I feel Pudumaipen was much better as BR presented Revathy as a bold and independent lady and will stand alone at the end.

Another landmark creation by BR.

i hate Aval oru thodar kathai :x
only sujatha acting is appreciatable....

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 03:15 PM
No no, we cannot be totally prejudiced. Aval oru thodar kathai was definitelly a nice movie.
It says about what a working woman undergoes in her life and what compromises she has to make PERSONALLY in the larger interests of the family.
Like, she had to forgo her lover to her sister who was a widow.
She had to financially guide the family as the first brother was a drunkard and jobless guy.
She also expressed her soft corner that she is not really a tough woman but a caring lady. It was a nice movie by KB
But still I will rate Pudhumai penn as a better movie

Sanguine Sridhar
18th July 2005, 03:22 PM
hello,

KB movies are weird sometimes....very hard to accept his concepts in reality...for eg...kalki,vidukathai...so and so.....

even pudhu pudhu arthangal...i find it wierd...becoz...they show as if rahama and sitara are lovers...then at last they get separted and start to live with their spouse.... :x

I think vidukathai is by agathiyan?

Kalki is a horrible movie by KB :evil:

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 03:39 PM
Yes Kalki is a horrible movie.

I cannot imagine an Indian Woman sacrificing her virginity and piousness for another woman just because her life is at stake.
In fact this movie should have been censored .

alwarpet_andavan
18th July 2005, 03:41 PM
Though KB is great and he is my thalaivar's Guru, i think he got stuck in one genre. Maybe its a bit unfair considering that though his main theme was women-oriented, the stories were different.
Mani Sir is i think the best in terms of versatility and BR was not bad either, as pointed out by Balaji here.
However, when we talk of crap movies by KB, we should also not forget that BR made "Kodi Parakkudhu" and "Daaj Magaal" :)

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 03:48 PM
Dear Alwarpet,

I agree with you that BR also made Kodi parakkuthu but at that time it was needed for him to pull on the industry otherwise public will forget BR. Besides, it was needed commercially for BR to be in the industry.

svaisn
18th July 2005, 04:41 PM
I think they both two pillars of Tamil Film Industry....

But Balachander.... has a directorial Touch which BR lags.......

Sanguine Sridhar
18th July 2005, 04:57 PM
I dunno what directoral touch is lacking in BR's....Manvaasanai,Karuthamma,Tik tik tik...all are gr8 movies...Even kadal pookal was a gr8 movie....

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 05:05 PM
Dear Karthik,

That directorial touch is just to remind the audience that it is KB .

Nothing beyond that. Every director has his own style but KBs is single track.

Sanguine Sridhar
18th July 2005, 05:08 PM
Problem is KB thinks himself as a smarter director,he wants to give movie with a hollywood classical movies touch...hmmm i dunno how much it will fit tamil cinema....

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 05:31 PM
But KB is very successful in Small screen. I am not sure whether BR will do well on Small screen as BR is well known for visual medium of communication.

BR uses camera as a tool for conveying his thoughts . Small screen may not fit him.

alwarpet_andavan
18th July 2005, 05:36 PM
But KB is very successful in Small screen. I am not sure whether BR will do well on Small screen as BR is well known for visual medium of communication.

BR uses camera as a tool for conveying his thoughts . Small screen may not fit him.
Yes, i think so too.
He is more poetic and the small screen will not give him the space for that (figuratively speaking, of course :) )
KB relies more on verbal communication and thats why his serials clicked

Sometimes his shots, the way his actors/actresses act, and the dialogues kind of irritate me, maybe because of their repititive nature and also with their "trying-to-be-oversmart" nature..........

Sanguine Sridhar
18th July 2005, 05:44 PM
Vaanmey yellai...is a gdu movie by kb 8)

Alien
18th July 2005, 05:47 PM
I think they both two pillars of Tamil Film Industry....

But Balachander.... has a directorial Touch which BR lags.......
Karthik sir, what r u ralking abt :shock: :twisted:

balachander doesn't hold anything in my opinion...Whereas Bharathi raja is as classy as poetic as creative as anything 8) ..I never felt that touch in any other director so far, not even in Mani(though Mani too has got that poetic touch, nowhere close to BR)......

The BR films i loved the most Muthal Mariyathai, Kizhakku cheemayile, Vetham puthithu, Sigappu rojaakkal, 16 vayathinile,................

Balachander film i liked most is Alagan(more due to Mammooty)

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 06:03 PM
Its irritating because KB imposes his stamp on those characters and brings his style out of them and thats why the irritation .
Especially the characters like Premi etc etc.

alwarpet_andavan
18th July 2005, 06:11 PM
Its irritating because KB imposes his stamp on those characters and brings his style out of them and thats why the irritation .
Especially the characters like Premi etc etc.
Exactly. That's exactly what i had in mind but you chose the right words.
When you see characters like Suhasini in Sindhu Bhairavi(a great movie) or "Premi", you see KB and not the character. In contrast, Sri Devi's characterization in VNS was, i found, somewhat different.

cellvi2003
18th July 2005, 06:24 PM
KB, has been acclaimed as one of "the" best directors in tamil industry. The subject of his films are though hard to digest, he scripts them with a style. There will be a touch in his each film.

S.Balaji
18th July 2005, 06:25 PM
My God !!!

I was about to mention about Suhasini's role in Sindhu bairavi and you had mentioned it !!!
Please add Sujatha's role in Aval oru thodar kathai also. Its another KB's incarnation !
If you go back to his first movie, Major Chandrakanth, Major Sundarrajan's type of acting is nothing by KB !

Similarly Calcutta Visvanathan's acting in Moondru mudichu but that was a fine movie.

Again those irritating scenes are like - Kamal and Sridevi expressing love through mouth organ and hitting their clothes while washing

Similar style in Maro charitra - where in Kamal and Sarita used to express love by switching the lights on and off

Sanguine Sridhar
18th July 2005, 06:28 PM
Yedhir Neechal is a gud movie by KB...esp Muthuraman was too gud in that movie...

Surya
19th July 2005, 12:45 AM
Yedhir Neechal is a gud movie by KB...esp Muthuraman was too gud in that movie...

I really loved Major's role in the film. He was one of my fav charecters, along with Muthuraman and Maadhu (Nagesh) of course.

sanjay
19th July 2005, 11:55 AM
There can be no 2 opinions here. KB is far better. Bharathiraja is good only for village subjecst except for the odd sigappu rojakkal.

KB has excelled in all kinds of cinema.

Also, KB etches all his characters beautifully. Take sindhu bhairavi. All the characters in the film have been given importance.

Sanguine Sridhar
19th July 2005, 11:57 AM
Hmm...okie wht abt tik tik tik..?
BTW..if u watched closely KB's most of the movie deals with abnormal sexual relationships... Even Sindhu Bairavi,Avval Oru Thodarkathai,Kalki,Paarthaley Paravasam

hi
19th July 2005, 11:59 AM
wat abt ABOORVA RAGANGAL is it a gud movie to watch... :?:

Alien
19th July 2005, 12:02 PM
There can be no 2 opinions here. KB is far better. Bharathiraja is good only for village subjecst except for the odd sigappu rojakkal.

U first see all others' opinions here :lol2: , no one is even prepared to rate KB any good ...It seems u r the odd one :lol2:
Bharathi Raja is better than KB on any aspect 8)

alwarpet_andavan
19th July 2005, 12:03 PM
My grouse with KB is about his fixation with one broad topic and with his pretentious characterizations and camera shots which actually end up looking silly.
BR's spectrum is wider than KB's. BR has made both rural and urban movies but KB has made only urban middle class films. That way, if you think BR is not versatile, KB is even less versatile.

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 12:16 PM
Nobody denies that KB is not a good director. Definitely KB is a great director but when it comes to comparison with BR, he stands few steps down.
KB is not a creative thinker like BR.

He is very poor in finishing .

Even Apoorva raagangal, it was a stalemate situation as he himself could not conclude and left to the audience !!!

While BR will give a clear end to any movie.

sanjay
19th July 2005, 12:18 PM
I disagree. If U say KB worked only on urban themes, what about thanner thanner & achchammillai achchammillai?

In how many urban themes has bharathiraja worked in?

Vasanth - just b'cso many guys have written in favour of bharathiraja does not necessarily make him better.

RATHEESHAJITH
19th July 2005, 12:20 PM
I THINK BALACHANDER IS BEST.
HE INTRODUCED TWO FANTASTIC STARS
FOR TAMIL FILM :D

Alien
19th July 2005, 12:22 PM
Vasanth - just b'cso many guys have written in favour of bharathiraja does not necessarily make him better.

Hey I just asked u 2 think b4 u write somthing....See again ur previous post..u said "there can be no 2 opinions"......but see what everyone else here says....Everyone else rates Bharathi Raja much much higher than KB....got it atleast now :lol2: :lol2: :lol2: .....

And one more thing don't twist the words of someone else and make it sound otherwise :evil: :lol2: just 4 ur convenience

alwarpet_andavan
19th July 2005, 12:23 PM
I disagree. If U say KB worked only on urban themes, what about thanner thanner & achchammillai achchammillai?

Oh ok, forgot those, sorry.........
BR has worked in Tik tik tik, Sigappu Rojakkal, Kodi Parakkudhu (yes!) and Kangalaal Kaidhu Sei.......

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 12:27 PM
Hello Sanjay,

Sigappu rojaakal, Niram maaradha pookal, tik tik tik , Kodi parakkauthu, etc etc all are urban movies only.

While BR proved that he can also make urban movies, on the contrary KB's village movies are not that absorbing . Even Thaneer thaneer was a famous drama play by Komal swaminathan and KB just converted into a movie .
Yes, acchamillay acchamillay was a good movie.

Nerd
19th July 2005, 12:46 PM
BR doesnt have any comedy films in his career so far.. KB has a very good one, thillu mullu... and BR does not have any social awareness movies too.. KB's varumayin niram sigappu was one of the best movies ever made in tamil cinema....

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 12:48 PM
Coming back to the topic on KBs image getting into the characters, the Nandini character in Manadhil urudhi vendum. Again, we can see KB clearly on every inch of Suhasini's acting which is quite irritating.
Again she does an extrodinary act of donating her kidney to her exhusband !!! Just to glorify the character.
Besides, that character is a finetuned version of Sujatha in Aval oru thodar kathai.

Even comedian characters will have a KB touch. It will look as if they were just saying the dialogues written by KB.

Alien
19th July 2005, 12:55 PM
BR does not have any social awareness movies too.. KB's varumayin niram sigappu was one of the best movies ever made in tamil cinema....

What did u mean? What abt Vetham puthidhu?? Sooooo beautiful movie, nicely done

Sanguine Sridhar
19th July 2005, 12:56 PM
BR doesnt have any comedy films in his career so far.. KB has a very good one, thillu mullu... and BR does not have any social awareness movies too.. KB's varumayin niram sigappu was one of the best movies ever made in tamil cinema....

Ah! Wht abt Karuthamma :?

Nerd
19th July 2005, 12:57 PM
almost all KB's movies were trying to create social awareness.. I like BR more than KB..but IMO, BR lacked those two skills.. comedy and awareness.. but see KB has directed 100 films when compared to BR's 30+ (not sure)

hi
19th July 2005, 12:59 PM
almost all KB's movies were trying to create social awareness.. I like BR more than KB..but IMO, BR lacked those two skills.. comedy and awareness.. but see KB has directed 100 films when compared to BR's 30+ (not sure)

and his 100th film is the worst i ever seen :x no logic at all

Nerd
19th July 2005, 01:02 PM
If you want to talk about their duds, both are equal when compared to the no of movies they both have directed and the no of duds they have given.. even BR's last movie KKS was yuck..

another thing.. almost all BR's movies had amazing songs.. not the same with KB though.. BR's last movie KKS had fantastic songs, but PP by KB dint have that good songs but invariably ARR was the MD for both :lol2:

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 01:07 PM

Hello Kasi,

have you forgotten Vedham pudhithu of BR. That was the best solution to caste issues in our Country. A brahmin boy being taken care by Thevar . Both will compromise each other and will live united. What a wonderful is that .

Again, Alaigal oyvadhillai - A solution of Religion based issues

Again, making 100 movies is not credit . Out of 100 movies , how many memorable movies you have made is what counts.

Every BR movie was a gem.

Its like Pandavas are 5 and Guaravas are 100 !!!

Alien
19th July 2005, 01:08 PM

I wouldn't really agree with social awareness...BR has done Vetham puthithu, Karuthamma,..........

Alien
19th July 2005, 01:10 PM

Hello Kasi,

have you forgotten Vedham pudhithu of BR. That was the best solution to caste issues in our Country. A brahmin boy being taken care by Thevar . Both will compromise each other and will live united. What a wonderful is that .

Again, Alaigal oyvadhillai - A solution of Religion based issues

Again, making 100 movies is not credit . Out of 100 movies , how many memorable movies you have made is what counts.

Every BR movie was a gem.

Its like Pandavas are 5 and Guaravas are 100 !!!

Yeah that was very apt..... 8) :D
I couldn't think of many memorable ones from KB, but BR , if u miss his movies after taajmahal allmost every other movie was a gem 8)

Nerd
19th July 2005, 01:10 PM
Balaji..

You started this thread and the title is who is better - Br or KB and seems u r a hardcore fan of BR and in ur opinion he is the best.. so why start a thread like this..

chill..

dont ever say that every BR movie is a gem.. how do u rate tajmahal, KKS, pasumpon etc..,

I know that BR is better than KB.. i was just saying that BR lacks a couple of skills..

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 01:15 PM
Balaji..

You started this thread and the title is who is better - Br or KB and seems u r a hardcore fan of BR and in ur opinion he is the best.. so why start a thread like this..

chill..

dont ever say that every BR movie is a gem.. how do u rate tajmahal, KKS, pasumpon etc..,

I know that BR is better than KB.. i was just saying that BR lacks a couple of skills..

Dear Kasi,

I do agree with you that BR also made movies like Taj mahal and Kodi parakkuthu but they are all needed for him to float in the industry and personally BR would not have loved to make such movies as he is A CREATIVE THINKER. HE IS VERY NATURAL .

Yes, BR also may have some shortcomings but his overall strenghts and positives are bigger than KB.

Yes, BR could not make Comedy movies till date as personally he is a very serious person. I agree with you.

Nerd
19th July 2005, 01:18 PM
balaji, peace (though i luv to argue)

my all time fav BR movie is 16 vayathinile and my fav KB movie is varumayin niram sigappu..

any comments on BR films music?? I guess he brings the best out of all MDs, like MR :lol2:

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 01:30 PM

my all time fav BR movie is 16 vayathinile and my fav KB movie is varumayin niram sigappu..

any comments on BR films music?? I guess he brings the best out of all MDs, like MR :lol2:

Dear Kasi,

You are my friend !!!. My favourite BR movie is - Vedam pudhithu and Mudhal mariyaadhai

As regards KB - Unnal mudiyum thambi ( probably the first movie KB started ending on a positive note !!! )
and Aval oru thodar Kathai.

Did you notice , most of the KB movies will end with utter confusion . He will make the audience wonder where we are .

He also creates lousy characters like - Agni satchi - Sarita etc etc

Some of KBs themes are very ridiculous :

1. Arangetram - Woman becomming a prostitute just to financially support her family
2. Kalki - Woman sacrificing her virginity and get conceived to help another woman
3. Manadhil urudhi vendum - A woman donating kidney to her ex-husband just because his second wife pleads
4. Apoorval raagangal - Father getting married to daughter and son getting married to mother

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 01:32 PM

Dear Kasi,

I you want me to comment about BRs flair for music in his movies, I will have to write an essay on this !!! I have so many movies of BR to express myself. Give me some time on this but this is a very very interesting topic which probably can be created as a new thread !!!

Nerd
19th July 2005, 01:36 PM
Thats true.. BR and music..

also I agree that KB's themes were unacceptible.. but see if that guy doesnt have any talent, how can he direct 100 movies?? dont bring in ramanarayanan here :rotfl:

even I hate those scenes/themes you mentioned and there are many more.. but i admire him for VNS, UMT, TT, AA, TM etc.., (those are movie names :lol:) also manadhil uruthi vendum is a good movie sans the last part!

vincent
19th July 2005, 01:40 PM
BARATHIRAJA, GRAMAM KATHAIKKU MATTUMTHAN LAIKU
ORE ORU TOWN KATHAI YEDUTARU, FLOP AYIDICHI :oops:

BALACHANDER, IYAKUNAR SIGARAM
EVERGREEN BEST DIRECTOR YELLAM VITHAMAANE KATHAIKUM KING :thumbsup:

alwarpet_andavan
19th July 2005, 01:47 PM
Kasi and Balasi,
BR and music!!!! If BR was the brain behind his movies then IR was the heart and soul. Can't imagine the impact his movies would have created if it were not for IR's genius. BR has gone on record saying many times that he would narrate a situation to IR and IR would come with a tune which would be in perfect synch with what BR had in mind.
Nizhalgal, Sigappu Rojakkal, Mudhal Mariyadhai (music speaks better tan the characters) are classic examples. Too bad IR and Vairamuthu had to part ways, otherwise we would still be seeing the BR-IR-VM combination

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 02:07 PM
Thats true.. BR and music..

also I agree that KB's themes were unacceptible.. but see if that guy doesnt have any talent, how can he direct 100 movies?? dont bring in ramanarayanan here :rotfl:

even I hate those scenes/themes you mentioned and there are many more.. but i admire him for VNS, UMT, TT, AA, TM etc.., (those are movie names :lol:) also manadhil uruthi vendum is a good movie sans the last part!

Dear Kasi,

Nobody doubts KBs talents but we are comparing him with BR and analysing the pros and cons .
Yes , manadhil urudhi vendum is a nice movie but it a repeat of Aval oru thodar kathai and another version of Arangetram ( I mean the first daughter of the famly leading and guiding the family )

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 02:17 PM
Kasi and Balasi,
BR and music!!!! If BR was the brain behind his movies then IR was the heart and soul. Can't imagine the impact his movies would have created if it were not for IR's genius. BR has gone on record saying many times that he would narrate a situation to IR and IR would come with a tune which would be in perfect synch with what BR had in mind.
Nizhalgal, Sigappu Rojakkal, Mudhal Mariyadhai (music speaks better tan the characters) are classic examples. Too bad IR and Vairamuthu had to part ways, otherwise we would still be seeing the BR-IR-VM combination

Hello friend Alwarpet ( i think you are a diehard fan of Kamal !!)

If we have to analyse BRs musical taste in his movies, it has to be a separate thread !!!. Right from 16 years to the latest , they are mostly visual with musical treats. Yes, IR and BR lived like heart and soul especially movies like - 16 years, nizalgal , Kallukkul eeram, pudhiya vaarpugal etc etc.
One scene which BR himself explained and exclaimed was from Kadalora kavithagal - that song of Das Das , Chinappa dass - the camera movement and the song rhythem will go together.

ALso, the scene from Mudhal mariyathai when the lover sees his bride dead and how the whole village gathers and the whole scenario was completed by way of simultaneous shots and cutting combined with IRs flute background . It was terrific.

As I said earlier, it has to be a separate thread

Alien
19th July 2005, 06:21 PM

U urself have given the answer, i guess :lol2: :rotfl: Anyway don't mistake me... :lol: I liked handful of KB films, and i haven't seen many of his films.....but many of his characterizations just don't impress me rather irritate me........ But BR on the other hand is simply superb, doesn't thrust a "BR" in his protagonists unlike KB.............
I earlier forgot Varumayin Niram sigappu....that was an awesome one from KB......

Anyway just forget the no. of films of anyone...... that count alone shouldn't be a measure..then where would MR stand? :lol2:

And as everyone says BR films' music is just fabulous :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
19th July 2005, 06:30 PM

U urself have given the answer, i guess :lol2: :rotfl: Anyway don't mistake me... :lol: I liked handful of KB films, and i haven't seen many of his films.....but many of his characterizations just don't impress me rather irritate me........ But BR on the other hand is simply superb, doesn't thrust a "BR" in his protagonists unlike KB.............
I earlier forgot Varumayin Niram sigappu....that was an awesome one from KB......

Anyway just forget the no. of films of anyone...... that count alone shouldn't be a measure..then where would MR stand? :lol2:

And as everyone says BR films' music is just fabulous :thumbsup:
kb's directions are amatuerish.they look like a stage play.but barathiraja is bit natural than him.we must remember that both had got handful of national awards.bc-8,br-6..i think so

Nerd
19th July 2005, 07:22 PM
To continue on BR and music.. everybody knows howIR gelled with BR.. BR has also brought the best out of ARR.. karuthamma, kizhakku cheemayile and even KKS had amazing songs...

someone said that KB's direction is amateurish.. thats very harsh on him.. also am not sure abt the national awards count..

nilavupriyan
19th July 2005, 07:25 PM
To continue on BR and music.. everybody knows howIR gelled with BR.. BR has also brought the best out of ARR.. karuthamma, kizhakku cheemayile and even KKS had amazing songs...

someone said that KB's direction is amateurish.. thats very harsh on him.. also am not sure abt the national awards count..
yeah.kb's direction is little bit dramatic.u can easily find it in all films.
for eg:if he wants to show a truth breaks ..,he will show a glass jar breaking.he uses this type of things throughout his films

Alien
19th July 2005, 07:26 PM
Yeah thats one thing, at times, i find irritating :twisted:

Nerd
19th July 2005, 07:28 PM
one thing I hate in BR is the way he shows *love*... when the hero touches the heroine for the first time, everything will stop for a split second atleast... waves, wind, birds etc..,..

Alien
19th July 2005, 07:30 PM
one thing I hate in BR is the way he shows *love*... when the hero touches the heroine for the first time, everything will stop for a split second atleast... waves, wind, birds etc..,..
Isn't the same in KB ?
Atleast BR does that more beautifully :roll:

alwarpet_andavan
19th July 2005, 07:31 PM
:rotfl: :clap:
Same here :)

Nerd
19th July 2005, 07:31 PM
Nah! KB always shows abnormal love and no time for all these :lol: even KKS had such irritating sequences..

nilavupriyan
19th July 2005, 07:36 PM
this is paarthaley paravasam's story

simran loves madhavan.they marry
sneha loves madhavan
vivek loves sneha
lawrence love simran
madhavan is already married with a girl
now that girl is married with someone
lawrence marry some other girl

ulaga kolapamada saami

lancelot
19th July 2005, 07:46 PM

sneha loves madhavan
vivek loves sneha
lawrence love simran

ulaga kolapamada saami

WOW!!!!!!! enna kolappam appa!! :( :x :x :cry: :lol: :D :? :P :twisted: :oops: :roll: :wink: :evil: :? 8) :o :(

hi
19th July 2005, 07:46 PM

sneha loves madhavan
vivek loves sneha
lawrence love simran

ulaga kolapamada saami

all together that movie was below avg and total disappointment :x

S.Balaji
19th July 2005, 07:47 PM

Hello Kasi,

Add one to the above. When Radha's feet touches the sand , Shivaji's body will shake for a moment ( in mudhal mariyaadhai )

These are all an imagination and dream thinking of BR.

hi
19th July 2005, 07:48 PM

Hello Kasi,

Add one to the above. When Radha's feet touches the sand , Shivaji's body will shake for a moment ( in mudhal mariyaadhai )

These are all an imagination and dream thinking of BR.

ya as if a electric current passed his body :lol:

tvsankar
20th July 2005, 01:14 PM
Dear all,
Mudivae panniteengala K.Balachandarati thitti Bharathi Raajavai pugazhanam nu? :cry:
Social prachanaigalai solvadharuku KB level ku BR ku dhariyaum illai enru thonrugiradhu.
Thappu Thallangal
In this movie, namaku adiyalgal enru onru theriyadha kaalathil KB eduthu konda subject.
All directors in film industry sex worker ai oru ordinarya than kaatinargal.KB dhan avalaiyum oru manushi enrum avalukum rasanai irukum enru kaatinar i think.
in this movie. oru sex worker and oru adiyal thirnudhi vaazha ninaikirargal enru edutharae? adhu oru good move illaiyaa? Anal society thirnudha vidavillai enru dhan kaatinar i think.Inru varai idhu nijam dhanae?

Kalyana agadhigal
in this movie, seriyana marriage life kidaikadha pengal onru serndhu +ve vaazha ninaipadhai kaatinarae?Andha period il,inter religious marriage ngaradhu prachanaiyana onru.ADhai correctaga kaatinar KB.
Punnagai
Nijam adhigam ulla oru padam.
1 Problem enru varum podhu, thannudiaya padathil K.Balachandar , dhariyamaga yaral, enru adaiyalam kaatuvar.ADhu aaanaga irundhalum ,pennaga irundhalum, societyaga irundhalum
adhai vesham podamal velilpadaiyaga kaatuvar.
ADhanal dhan avar direction ai yarukum pidikavillai. :lol:
UNMAI SUDUM !!!!
Anal Bharathi Raja .yarudiaya thavarukum oru niyayathai vaithu , thavatrai maraipar.Adhu unga elllorkum pidithu irukiradhu.Thats all :lol
Thaan ninaitha karuthil ulla unmaigalai , vesham podamal dhariyamaga solvadhaal K.Balachandar is the best director nu naan feel pannraen.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

saradhaa_sn
20th July 2005, 02:44 PM
Once, when Tamil films were full of hero oriented (esp MGR,Shivaji, Jaishanker..etc). K.Balacnader only gave 'Heroine Oriented' films and made it success. For example:

Arangetram.... (Pramila)
Aval Oru thodar kathai....(Sujatha)
Avargal... (Sujatha)
Moondru Mudichu.... (Sreedevi) Rajini & Kamal are just support
Apporva Raagangal..... (Sreevidhya)

After his courageous action only, other directors started to give importance to heroine oriented subjects.

When Bharathi Raja entered, no doubt he made everyone's sight on him and made some hits like:

16 Vayathiniley
Kizhakke Pogum Rail
Sigapopu Rojakkal
Puthiya Vaarppugal
Niram maaratha pookkal......

ok, but after that...?????. what happened to

Nizhalgal
kallukkul Eeram
Kaathal Oviyam (good movie, but failed)
Vaalibame Vaa Vaa.. (no BR supporters mentioned about it, because it is an utter kuppai)
Tick..tick...tick... (smugling diamond in human body??..oh what a reality)

After that he lifted his head in "Mann Vaasanai"... (but fully blood vaasanai)
again fell down in Pudhumai Penn (Revathy fighted to release her husband, but after he was released he and entire family suspect her 'karppu'...damid)

After this, except 'Muthal Mariyaathai' and 'Kizhakku Seemaiyile' all others are flop movies only, like

Kadalora kavithaigal
Vedham Pudhithu
Kodi Parakkuthu
Captain Magal
Kadal pookkal
Taj Mahal
and the last utter flop "Kangalaal kaidhu Sei"

In 1980 Deepavali KB and BR released their movies with same theme: Nizhalgal and Varumayin Niram Sivappu. But people accepted only VNS and rejected Nizhalgal (Somebody saw nizhalgal for Ilaiyaraja's three beautiful songs only).

Sigappu Rojaakkal.... is a remake of an English movie (some months after, the same theme was handled by Balu Mahendra as "Moodu Pani").

S.Balaji
20th July 2005, 05:03 PM
Hello Saradha,

If you are touching on remake , most of KBs movies are either remakes or out of successful stage plays.

Pl remember that.

sanjay
20th July 2005, 05:14 PM
balaji,
KB has made nearly 100 films. Only a few are remakes.

get your facts right.

S.Balaji
20th July 2005, 05:20 PM
Sanjay,

Let me put it this way. Most of KBs well known movies are either remakes or from successful dramas

For instance - Thaneer thaneer From komal swaminathan's stage play

Avargal - Was from a malayalam movie

47 naatkal - a hit story from Sivasankari

Appoorva raagangal - a theme taken out of Vikramadithan kadaigal

Thillumullu - From Golmal Hindi

Major chandrakanth - Was from Major's stage play

rami
20th July 2005, 05:40 PM
Balaji,
The stories can be from dramas or other films, its the way he directed it...

The scenes in KB movies are realistic, the nature of the characters a sketched very neatly. Each character wud be remembered..

The stage hits were made as movies and still there was a lot of difference in the handling...

Who else has the courage to handle subjects like Kalki or thappu thaalangal or moondru mudichu ?

Even now no one is taking a different story... Its all the same

Araicha maavaiye araippathu..

S.Balaji
20th July 2005, 05:44 PM
KB has been very successful on small screen .

KB's ultimate small screen serial is Kayalavu manasu.

The way he had portrayed Prakash Raj's character. Real gem. Great serial to watch.

Alien
20th July 2005, 05:47 PM
KB has been very successful on small screen .

KB's ultimate small screen serial is Kayalavu manasu.

The way he had portrayed Prakash Raj's character. Real gem. Great serial to watch.
Yeah very true :D ...Its one of the 3/4 serials i ever watched completely.......

S.Balaji
20th July 2005, 05:51 PM
From BR's school of directing the following gems came out :

1. Bagyaraj
2. Manivannan
3. Parthiban
4. Pandyarajan
5. Manobala

All have been successful in their own right

saradhaa_sn
20th July 2005, 06:15 PM
In "Puthiya Vaarppugal" Bharathiraja showed in climax that, a husband removed the "THAALI" of his wife and send her with her previous lover is correct

But his student Bhagyaraj showed in the climax of his "Andha 7 Naalkal" that, the same theme is obsolutely wrong.

How is it...???...!!!!

Alien
20th July 2005, 06:24 PM
In "Puthiya Vaarppugal" Bharathiraja showed in climax that, a husband removed the "THAALI" of his wife and send her with her previous lover is correct

But his student Bhagyaraj showed in the climax of his "Andha 7 Naalkal" that, the same theme is obsolutely wrong.

How is it...???...!!!!
But the thing is both movies were made to look correct or convincing :D :wink: Weren't they?

Anyway I personally would rate antha 7 naatkal very higher than puthiya vaarpugal :D

tvsankar
20th July 2005, 06:33 PM
Dear Balaji,
Neenga kodutha topic 'Who is better - Bharathi Raja o r Balachandar?
Enna solla vareengae?
Indha irandu perin direction skill patri enru dhan ninaithaen.Anal ippodhu kojam dhisai marugiradhu.Piragu,personal comments aga vara pogiradhu.Pl andha madhiri seiyaadheergal.
Ungaluku Bharadhi raaja patri +ve points pesa asaiyaga irundhal.topicai sirudhu maatri,Bharadhi Raajavuku, oru thani thread open pannunga.Parka nanraga irukum.
Sishyargal vandhadhal Bharathi Raaja better a?
Look K.B. Avar dhan Kamaliyum.Rajiniyaikum,Sri deviyaiyum sujathavaiyum kondu vandhar.New actors and actress ai uruvakiyadhil K.B. pol yarum vara mudiyadhu.
Spl skill enbadhu veru.Adhai patri pesalam.Anal topic related aga pesum podhu direction dhan main idea vaga iruka vendum enru ninaikiraen.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Alien
20th July 2005, 06:37 PM
Hey tvsankar
I don't find anything wrong on Balaji quoting the assistants of BR who made it big :? .....
The topic is abt the comparisons of BR & KB.... So why can't someone say abt the ppl who BR & KB had introduced :roll:

S.Balaji
20th July 2005, 06:41 PM
Dear Usha,

I thought building a solid tree with branches is also a positive factor in one's career. If a student does well , will the teacher not be happy. For that the teacher has to be sound enough and I am trying to touch that only.

You are right in pointing out. Lets get back to the basics on the skills of BR and KB

One request, your entire wordings are in tamil which is a bit difficult to read and react quickly. For facility of convenience , shall we converse only on English

THAMIZ l VAAZGA !!!

sanjay
21st July 2005, 11:49 AM
balaji,
U ahve listed a handful of KB's films which are remakes & still claim that most of his films are remakes?

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 11:54 AM
balaji,
U ahve listed a handful of KB's films which are remakes & still claim that most of his films are remakes?

Sanjay,

I meant, most of the well known movies of KB are remakes or from hit stage plays

alwarpet_andavan
21st July 2005, 12:01 PM

How is it...???...!!!!

Films are not equations. There's no correct or wrong mudivu.
When you are watching a film, you're not in a moral science class.

sanjay
21st July 2005, 12:24 PM
balaji,
The word most is a misnomer. Also the plays from which it was taken were written by KB. It is an adaptation not remake.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 12:30 PM
balaji,
The word most is a misnomer. Also the plays from which it was taken were written by KB. It is an adaptation not remake.

Point taken. By remake - Movies made out of hit movies from other languages

Movies made out of hit plays - No major value add by KB

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 12:58 PM
KBs movies generally portray Women as the better lot and will show men in poor light.
Ex : Aval oru thodar kathai
Avargal
Moondru mudichu
47 naatkal

etc etc

rami
21st July 2005, 01:04 PM
Hey u r looking at only a few films..

Wat abt these...

Neer kumizhi
Server Sundaram
Edhirneechal
Vaaname ellai

He makes films on social issues..

sanjay
21st July 2005, 01:25 PM
balaji,
when U say "most" of KB's movies are remakes & list only a handful? what is your idea of "most"?

KB has handled all topics wheeras bharthiraja has dealt only with village topics.

tvsankar
21st July 2005, 02:01 PM
Dear Balaji,
I am poor in english writings.But pesaradhu Tamil films.So i try my best. :lol:
In K.B. films, you see the negative side of the hero.
Who is a hero?
4 or 5 times fight seiyannaum? 3 duet padanaum? heroine ai villan kittae irundhu save pannanum?
This type of hero ku dhan shame a feel pannanum.This is not the heroism.
Neenga solra Aval oru dhodar kadhai il,
Hero avaluku support panran.AValai understand panran.Help um panran.
In Agni sakshi, Siva kumar is the real hero in my view.
True a love panni, marriage seidhu .heroine trouble ku support pannrar.and save her from her surroundings.
This is the heroism.Amma pechai matum ketpadhu heroism illai.
K.B. shows the wrongs in all sides.
In aVal oru Dhodar kadhai. Mum and daughter rendu perumae love to one person.
K.B.film pakkaradhu oru thani anubavam.You will view the story through the characters and situations from all the characters in that movie.Thats why you told that it is irritaed you nu.
Nam real life appadi thanae iruku.If we talk about one subject ,we wll get a lot of opinions from others. K.B. Shows this only in his film.I feel.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 02:29 PM
Hey u r looking at only a few films..

Wat abt these...

Neer kumizhi
Server Sundaram
Edhirneechal
Vaaname ellai

He makes films on social issues..

Add arangetram to my list.

By the way, Server sundaram is not KBs. Thats from Krishnan Panju ( if am not wrong )

Again - Neerkumizhi , Edhirneechal - From successful stage plays with some coating from KB. Not original thinking from KB. Thats my point.

Agreed KB has made lot of movies on social causes but the issue is that seldom he ends on a positive note or he ends with a total confusion.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 02:31 PM
Dear Balaji,
I am poor in english writings.But pesaradhu Tamil films.So i try my best. :lol:
In K.B. films, you see the negative side of the hero.
Who is a hero?
4 or 5 times fight seiyannaum? 3 duet padanaum? heroine ai villan kittae irundhu save pannanum?
This type of hero ku dhan shame a feel pannanum.This is not the heroism.
Neenga solra Aval oru dhodar kadhai il,
Hero avaluku support panran.AValai understand panran.Help um panran.
In Agni sakshi, Siva kumar is the real hero in my view.
True a love panni, marriage seidhu .heroine trouble ku support pannrar.and save her from her surroundings.

Ushaji,

Good. One small correction, mother loving son and father loving daughter is Appoova raagangal and not ATK
This is the heroism.Amma pechai matum ketpadhu heroism illai.
K.B. shows the wrongs in all sides.
In aVal oru Dhodar kadhai. Mum and daughter rendu perumae love to one person.
K.B.film pakkaradhu oru thani anubavam.You will view the story through the characters and situations from all the characters in that movie.Thats why you told that it is irritaed you nu.
Nam real life appadi thanae iruku.If we talk about one subject ,we wll get a lot of opinions from others. K.B. Shows this only in his film.I feel.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 02:37 PM
balaji,
when U say "most" of KB's movies are remakes & list only a handful? what is your idea of "most"?

KB has handled all topics wheeras bharthiraja has dealt only with village topics.

Dear Sanjay,

Agreed . Most of the BR movies are village subjects but he has also made - SIgappu rojakkal , Niram maaradha pookal , Nizalgal , Kodi parakkuthu ( ashamed to add this movie but forced to add ), vaalibamay vaa vaa ( karthik ) and a handful of city movies

Yes but majority of BR movies are village based only but they would have had varieties not monotonous.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 02:48 PM
Eventhough BR made lot of village subjects, they were all varieties :

1. 16 vayathinilay - A village girl earlier in pursuit of city based Doctor reconciles and understands the reality and loves Kamal who really loved her - wonderful subject
2. Kizakkay pogum rail - religious misbeliefs in villages was addressed
3. Pudiyavaarpugal - Woman joining her lover after the marriage broke down
4. Kallukkul eeram - in pursuit of a director from city
5. alaigal oivadhillai - Village teens loving each other finally had to end up on religion based issues
6. Vedham pudhidhu - Milestone for BR. Great movie - fighting casteism
7. Mudhal mariyaadhai - terrific theme. An old man getting involved in love with a young woman as he could not get solace and comfort from his wife.

etc etc

saradhaa_sn
21st July 2005, 04:29 PM
Hello Balaji.....

Server Sundaram (directed by Krishnan-Panju but story, screenplay and dialogue by KB).

When all directors showed the 'Great Nagesh' as only a comedian, KB only trust on him and gave him challengeable rolls in his movies and brought out his multiple talents in several movies, such as

Neerkumizhi (hero)
Ethir Neechal (hero)
Iru Kodugal (somewhat villain)
Major Chandrakanth
Navagraham
Anubavi Raja Anubavi .....and so on.

You listed varieties of some of BR's village movies. If it is so, all KB movies are different varieties only. Cant compare one with another. You yourself ashamed to mention BR's some movies.

See the varieties of KB:

Neerkumizhi
Major Chndrakanth
Bama Vijayam
Ethir Neechal
Naanal
Anubavi Raja Anubavi
Poova Thalaiyaa
Iru Kodugal
Kaaviya Thalaivi
Nootrukku Nooru
Punnagai
Kanna Nalamaa
Velli Vizha
Arangetram
Aval Oru Thodar kathai
Apoorva Raagangal
Manmadha Leelai
Moondru Mudichu
Avargal
Naan Avanillai
Thappu Thaalangal
Ninaithaale inikkum
Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu
47 Naatkal
Thanneer Thanneer
Achamillai achamillai
Unnaal Mudiyum Thambi
Pudhu Pudhu Arththangal
Manadhil Uruthi Vendum

......we cannot compare one with another. Each one in its own way and theme.

Once there was a quote: "Educated people will not see Tamil films, but only English and Hindi...like that". Only two giants made them to watch Tamil movies. One is 'Sreedhar' and the other is 'K.Balachander'.

alwarpet_andavan
21st July 2005, 06:12 PM
A film maker's first and foremost obligation is to create a work of art, being to to his heart. The people getting entertained is a result. If his subjects happen to be social issues, well and good, but its not mandatory for him. Though BR has also made socially relevant and thought provoking films, the question is not whether who made more films with a social message.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 06:32 PM
Hello Sharadha,

BR treated cinema media as an art. Kalai to be precise.

Agreed, KB was the only one to change the face of Nagesh.

BR changed the face of Sathyaraj in Vedham puthithu. Nobody will dare to experiment with SR for such a role and it was a memorable one.
Again, nobody had handled the Greatest Actor in the cinema world - Our SHIVAJI in the manner BR made him in Mudhal mariyaathai.

Nobody had given to Kamal such a role like the one in 16 years.

tvsankar
21st July 2005, 11:14 PM
Dear Balaji,
K.Balachandar Kamal hasanai 5 film il nadika vaithar.

1.Arangatram

2.Solla than ninaikiraen

3.Aboorva ragangal

4.Moonru mudichu

5.Nizhal nijimagiradhu
En ninaivil vandha Kamal padam in K.B,.Direction.
Ippadi ellam nadika vaitha kamalai than BR 16 vayadhinilaye il nadika vaithar.
So credit goes to K.B. only.Not for BR.
ADhu dhan K.B. oda brought up.
60s il vandha K.Balachandar
78 la vandha Bharathi Raja

So Bharathi Rajavin GUIDE K.Balachandar i think like this.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 11:21 PM
Ushaji

Just go back to the Chappani character .

Can anybody dare to give Kamal such a character in his first movie !!!

Kamal was at his prime of youthhhhhhhhh. Handsome ( even now also )

Still, BR made him look like a typical village folk, not properly dressed up, mouth full of pugayilai, not properly combed,

Definitely KB would not have ventured to take that much risk with Kamal.

Yes, KB used Kamal best for - Nizal nijamaagiradhu
Ofcourse, Unnal mudiyum thambi and apoorva raagangal

TO some extent, Varumayin niram sigappu

Needless to mention, KB used Rajini better than BR

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 11:29 PM
One of the worst movies of KB was Ninaithalay innikkum where he spoiled Kamal's role totally and he left everybody wondering what he is trying to say.
Fortunately the genius MSV rescued with memorable songs. Really memorable songs.
Rajini managed to come out well from that movie.

Otherwise, Kamal, Jayapradha , all goofed up

S.Balaji
21st July 2005, 11:34 PM
Ushaji

Yes in Avargal, KB gave an interesting role to Kamal. Eventhough Kamal was not the main character, he made him prominent by giving a different role

Nice movie

Nerd
22nd July 2005, 01:49 AM
Balaji sir, I beg to differ in your opinion about ninaithaley inikkum.. I thot that was a very good film.. DDLJ kind of movie.. highly entertaining.. sure rajini stole the show, but i thot that was a decent watch, also that movie was a big BO hit, I believe..

Another good thing about KB is that he has always welcomed newbies.. He gave many big stars to tamil cinema..

Nagesh - No one wud have dared to even think nagesh as a hero!
Kamal - Apoorva raagangal came b4 16 vayathinilae
Rajini - Needless to say
Prakashraj - What a find!

I m missing many :)

Even his latest movie, poi boasts newbies in the major roles...

on the other hand, BR always makes a famous actor as hero in almost all his films.. When he tries to experiment, the movie becomes a dud.. e.g. ennuyir thozhan, taj mahal, KKS

Also, KB's two village-based movies, AA and TT won national awards as best regional movies!

tvsankar
22nd July 2005, 12:15 PM
Dear Balaji and Kasi,
About BR, i want to tell something.
Most of the heroines, introduced by BR are successful heroines.
1.Man vaasanai - Revathi

2.Kallukul EEram - Vijaya Santhi.

3.Kizhakae pogum Rayil - Radhika

4.Pudhu nellu Pudhu nathu - Sukenya

5.Pudhiya varpugal - Rathi

6.Kadalora kavaidhigal - Rekha

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 12:51 PM
Dear Balaji and Kasi,
About BR, i want to tell something.
Most of the heroines, introduced by BR are successful heroines.
1.Man vaasanai - Revathi

2.Kallukul EEram - Vijaya Santhi.

3.Kizhakae pogum Rayil - Radhika

4.Pudhu nellu Pudhu nathu - Sukenya

5.Pudhiya varpugal - Rathi

6.Kadalora kavaidhigal - Rekha

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Ushaji, Add Aruna to this list, she was a popular star in Telugu subsequently

BR also introduced - Janakaraj , gave more roles to Kavundamani
Also introduced Manivannan !!! who became a big actor now

nilavupriyan
22nd July 2005, 12:55 PM
Balaji sir, I beg to differ in your opinion about ninaithaley inikkum.. I thot that was a very good film.. DDLJ kind of movie.. highly entertaining.. sure rajini stole the show, but i thot that was a decent watch, also that movie was a big BO hit, I believe..

Another good thing about KB is that he has always welcomed newbies.. He gave many big stars to tamil cinema..

Nagesh - No one wud have dared to even think nagesh as a hero!
Kamal - Apoorva raagangal came b4 16 vayathinilae
Rajini - Needless to say
Prakashraj - What a find!

I m missing many :)

Even his latest movie, poi boasts newbies in the major roles...

on the other hand, BR always makes a famous actor as hero in almost all his films.. When he tries to experiment, the movie becomes a dud.. e.g. ennuyir thozhan, taj mahal, KKS

Also, KB's two village-based movies, AA and TT won national awards as best regional movies!
ennuyir thozhan is a good movie

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 01:09 PM
I disagree . Ninathalay inikkum was totally messed up by KB.

Even Kamal would have been in a clueless situation as to how the movie is likely to shape up.

Repeat, difficult to judge the movie, whether it is a comedy movie or a serious movie.

Fortunately, the genius in MSV rescued KB in that movie.

Hats off to MSV

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 01:11 PM
KB failed to use Mamooty properly in Azagan. He used him as a handsome doll coming with variety of dresses and t shirts but he could have used Mamooty better.

Again, one could see KB in Banupriya's role and Madhubala's character !!! a bit of over acting

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 01:15 PM
I think Nepoleon was introduced by BR only . Nepo did not do badly of late. Quite a decent actor and to some extent successful

saradhaa_sn
22nd July 2005, 02:35 PM
Hello Balaji...

Intead of taking '16 Vayathinile' as fisrt film, if Barathi Raja took 'Kizhake pogum rayil' as first film with new faces, we can appreciate his courage.

But for getting address in cine field, he used three famous figures Kamal, Rajini, Sreedevi (all brought-up by KB) in his first film. At that time nobody knows about BR and all audience came to see '16 vayathinile' for these three actors only. Through them only BR's name was established.

But, as a token of thanks.. BR spoiled the name of Kamal (in Tik...Tik...Tik) and Rajini (in Kodi Parakkuthu).

When you listed out the introductions of BR, you forgot (or hide) three "famous....!!!!!" figures.

Sudhaker
Vijayan
Pandiyan
(They will ask... "face expression...????..kilo enna vilai..??")

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 03:03 PM
Hello Balaji...

Intead of taking '16 Vayathinile' as fisrt film, if Barathi Raja took 'Kizhake pogum rayil' as first film with new faces, we can appreciate his courage.

But for getting address in cine field, he used three famous figures Kamal, Rajini, Sreedevi (all brought-up by KB) in his first film. At that time nobody knows about BR and all audience came to see '16 vayathinile' for these three actors only. Through them only BR's name was established.

But, as a token of thanks.. BR spoiled the name of Kamal (in Tik...Tik...Tik) and Rajini (in Kodi Parakkuthu).

When you listed out the introductions of BR, you forgot (or hide) three "famous....!!!!!" figures.

Sudhaker
Vijayan
Pandiyan
(They will ask... "face expression...????..kilo enna vilai..??")

Hello Saradha,

Add fuel to the fire. Sudhakar is now a good comedian in Telugu movies !!!

Pandian faded away

Vijayan is well known for drowning himself at the end of the movie !!

However, we cant blamce the Director totally if the actors could not achieve success in their career. What BR can do is to provide a launching pad and a good platform

Yes, KB's products have been big super stars

S.Balaji
22nd July 2005, 03:32 PM
KBs arangetram

Absolutely rubbish concept . One cannot accept this logic of a woman selling her viriginity and piousness for the sake of financially supporting her family.

No no no, not at all. Atleast not in our Indian culture and society.

Its too too bad. Impossible to digest.

No woman will venture into such an act.

KB has shown women in poor light in this movie.

Whereas BR showed Revathy as a courageous woman fighting against all odds in - Pudhumai penn

tvsankar
23rd July 2005, 07:35 PM
Balaji,
Story ai gavanicheengala?
Heroine Job opportunity kaga Bangalore pova.I think.Angae dhan avaluku indha kashtam varum.
Onnu gavaninga.Inru varai pengalukum.penn kozhandaingalukum society il nadakum kodumai idhu.
ADhil oru siru vishayama ga than KB kaatinar.
Have you seen the film "kutti"
Oru chinna pen kozhandai ku society il nadakum kodumai!!! Pl watch the movie.
Appo neenga feel panna mudiyum KB enna solla varar nu.
Wtih LOve,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
23rd July 2005, 08:20 PM
Balaji,
Story ai gavanicheengala?
Heroine Job opportunity kaga Bangalore pova.I think.Angae dhan avaluku indha kashtam varum.
Onnu gavaninga.Inru varai pengalukum.penn kozhandaingalukum society il nadakum kodumai idhu.
ADhil oru siru vishayama ga than KB kaatinar.
Have you seen the film "kutti"
Oru chinna pen kozhandai ku society il nadakum kodumai!!! Pl watch the movie.
Appo neenga feel panna mudiyum KB enna solla varar nu.
Wtih LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Respected Ushajiiiiii,

No no no not all. An Indian woman will never dare to do such acts . I just cant digest this concept. I am not overreacting but its not acceptable.
As a woman, you should not appreciate such a stupid thinking by KB

tvsankar
23rd July 2005, 08:36 PM
Balaji,
Andha seyalai naan support pannalai.Anal ulagil enna nadakaradhu nu solla vandhaen.Thats all.In fact inniki idhai vida mosamaga nadakaradhu.Adhai ingae solla virumbavillai.Sorry!!!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Crab
23rd July 2005, 08:52 PM
Good topic.

Barathiraja did not direct even half the number of films as Balachander. But the very fact he is being compared with him shows his achievement.

BR singlehandedly dragged Tamils into the 21st century with his socio-political plots in a commercial package. He is the best voice of rural milieu.

KB, however, has obviously given more blockbusters than any other director in the south ever. He is the best voice of urban milieu. I vote for KB. He is a better entertainer than BR. His dialogue writing skills are legendary. He spotted the Universal Hero first. His way of cosmopolitan outlook resembles today's youth more than BR's radical extremist stance.

:P

tvsankar
23rd July 2005, 09:20 PM
Balaji,
Come to the topic.
About BR. Oru complaint avar mel.
MOst of the films, avar hero vai seriya define pannalai.Personal thavaru enbadhu veru.Society prob enbadhu veru.
Hero vai under estimate pannina director BR dhan.

In his movies.Hero 3 duet songs paduvar.

4 or 5 fight poduvar.

Amma pechaiyum ketpar.

Climax la fight seidhu heroine ai kaapathuvar.

Anal heroine in kashtathuku matum vara matar.

Appodhu avar kanamal povar or avaral help panna mudiyadhu.

Anal story mudiyum podhu heroine kashtathuku reason society, ie ,andha village dhan gara madhri kadhai solvar.

for example.
in Nizhalgal,L# perum avanga goal la win agalai!! Reason societya? Avanga yarum try panra type kedaiyadhu.
In varumaiyin niram sigappu
Ingayum 3 per.Ivanga asaiyum niraiveralai.Anal velai kedaikalai nu soceiety meedhu pazhi podalai.Kidaitha jobai accept pannikaranga.
That is KB
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
23rd July 2005, 09:32 PM
Balaji,
In kizhakae pogum rayil, heroine kashtathuku yen hero varalai? ana climax la matum correcta vandhu , heroine ai kutikittu odi porar.

In pudhiya varpugal,Bhagyaraj Rathiyin kashtathuku varalai.Ana climax la correcta vandhutar.

In niram mara pookal.What about Sudhakar?

Kamal irundhadhal 16 vayadhiilae mudivu accept panra madhiri iruku.

In Sigappu Rojakal mudivum accept panra madhrii irukum.Reason surea Kamal dhan.Not BR..

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
24th July 2005, 01:38 PM
Good topic.

Barathiraja did not direct even half the number of films as Balachander. But the very fact he is being compared with him shows his achievement.

BR singlehandedly dragged Tamils into the 21st century with his socio-political plots in a commercial package. He is the best voice of rural milieu.

KB, however, has obviously given more blockbusters than any other director in the south ever. He is the best voice of urban milieu. I vote for KB. He is a better entertainer than BR. His dialogue writing skills are legendary. He spotted the Universal Hero first. His way of cosmopolitan outlook resembles today's youth more than BR's radical extremist stance.

:P

Very good analysis .

However, just making more numbers does not make a person great. How many worthy movies you had made is what counts.

Again, what positive message you are giving to the world also counts. I dont remember KB having given any positive thoughts except for Unnal mudiyum thambi.
Even in Varumayin niram sigappu - He made Kamal to take up the profession of hair cutting. With due respects , I am not degrading the profession but for doing that job, one need not be educated.
But to display a reasonably educated character in that movie to take up a different profession just for survival gives wrong signals to the youth that there is no other better option.
Is it not a negative approach

What we analyse between these two giants of Tamil industry is their contribution from various angles.

S.Balaji
24th July 2005, 01:40 PM
Balaji,
In kizhakae pogum rayil, heroine kashtathuku yen hero varalai? ana climax la matum correcta vandhu , heroine ai kutikittu odi porar.

In pudhiya varpugal,Bhagyaraj Rathiyin kashtathuku varalai.Ana climax la correcta vandhutar.

In niram mara pookal.What about Sudhakar?

Kamal irundhadhal 16 vayadhiilae mudivu accept panra madhiri iruku.

In Sigappu Rojakal mudivum accept panra madhrii irukum.Reason surea Kamal dhan.Not BR..

Dear Ushaji,

What about vedam pudithu, alaigal oivadhillai, mudhal mariadhai.
They are positive approaches no ?

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
24th July 2005, 01:44 PM
Balaji,
Come to the topic.
About BR. Oru complaint avar mel.
MOst of the films, avar hero vai seriya define pannalai.Personal thavaru enbadhu veru.Society prob enbadhu veru.
Hero vai under estimate pannina director BR dhan.

In his movies.Hero 3 duet songs paduvar.

4 or 5 fight poduvar.

Amma pechaiyum ketpar.

Climax la fight seidhu heroine ai kaapathuvar.

Anal heroine in kashtathuku matum vara matar.

Appodhu avar kanamal povar or avaral help panna mudiyadhu.

Anal story mudiyum podhu heroine kashtathuku reason society, ie ,andha village dhan gara madhri kadhai solvar.

for example.
in Nizhalgal,L# perum avanga goal la win agalai!! Reason societya? Avanga yarum try panra type kedaiyadhu.
In varumaiyin niram sigappu
Ingayum 3 per.Ivanga asaiyum niraiveralai.Anal velai kedaikalai nu soceiety meedhu pazhi podalai.Kidaitha jobai accept pannikaranga.
That is KB
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Dear Ushaji,

Very good analysis. I agree with you on this. BR did not portray his heros well but there are movies like - Mudhal mariadhai, vedam pudithu.

You can add pudhumai penn also to your list - Pandyan's role was bad and disappointing as he did not support revathy finally

tvsankar
26th July 2005, 11:20 AM
Balaji,
Nothing spl in Mudhal mariyadhai.Eppavum hero dhan except his wife,another woman nai ninaikalam.
ADhuku oru reason vera.Wife seri illandhavo enru kaati.
Idhai than Mudhal mariyadhail lyum BR seidhu irukar.KOnjam KB touch.Anal support to men.Idhu onnum new ilai.Nothing spl.
In fact BR vum oru ordinary directora ayutar indha film ilum.,storyai porutha varai.
But KB dhan, indha madhiri male chavanismai appreciate panra madhri film edukalai i think.
Anal unmaiyana hero vai kaati irukar.

Varumaiyim niram sigaupu - indha story il end +ve aga illai nu sonnenga.

Ana ,anraiya situation la small scale industry varalai. Degrees ku ellam govt nalae job oppourtunity thara mudiyadha time.Nijam.

Appo dhan KB ippadi oru film eduthar.ONe to one result pakkadheenga.

after that , niraiya changes vara arambichadhu INdia la.Ippodhum govt nalae complete a satisfy panna mudiyalai.Ippo ippo company aum appadi agitu varudhu.

Indha situationsla self job oppoutunity dhan avanga avangalai save pannum.I think.
Indha madhiri oru concept ai than anniki KB solla vandhu irukar i think. Padipukkum jobkum realtionship eppodhum engayum irundhadhu ilai i think.

With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
26th July 2005, 11:48 AM
Balaji,
Nothing spl in Mudhal mariyadhai.Eppavum hero dhan except his wife,another woman nai ninaikalam.
ADhuku oru reason vera.Wife seri illandhavo enru kaati.
Idhai than Mudhal mariyadhail lyum BR seidhu irukar.KOnjam KB touch.Anal support to men.Idhu onnum new ilai.Nothing spl.
In fact BR vum oru ordinary directora ayutar indha film ilum.,storyai porutha varai.
But KB dhan, indha madhiri male chavanismai appreciate panra madhri film edukalai i think.
Anal unmaiyana hero vai kaati irukar.

Varumaiyim niram sigaupu - indha story il end +ve aga illai nu sonnenga.

Ana ,anraiya situation la small scale industry varalai. Degrees ku ellam govt nalae job oppourtunity thara mudiyadha time.Nijam.

Appo dhan KB ippadi oru film eduthar.ONe to one result pakkadheenga.

after that , niraiya changes vara arambichadhu INdia la.Ippodhum govt nalae complete a satisfy panna mudiyalai.Ippo ippo company aum appadi agitu varudhu.

Indha situationsla self job oppoutunity dhan avanga avangalai save pannum.I think.
Indha madhiri oru concept ai than anniki KB solla vandhu irukar i think. Padipukkum jobkum realtionship eppodhum engayum irundhadhu ilai i think.

With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Dear Ushaji,

I would love to see Mudhal mariyaadhai even 100 times for the lovely theme. There were so many positives :

1. Nobody would have dare to use Shivaji in that fashion, I mean Shivaji rarely would have opened his mouth in that movie.
2. There was no overacting from Shivaji as BR used him purely by body reactions and face expressions.
3. A man in the mid 50s also will crave for love and affection and especially when he is not getting any love from his wife ( his life partner ) he obviously will long for another relationship and he got Radha
4. I could never see in any scene Shivaji touching Radha . BR at times exceeds limits in his earlier movies with some vulgarity
5. One of the best movies of BR
6. It was a befitting salute to the IMAYAM of tamil film industry, the doyen

KB in varumayin niram sigappu :

1. The movie overall was nice but was confusing during various occasions . Sridevi, Kamal, Prathap Pothen , Sekhar, Dilip - all going in different directions
2. Kamal and Sridevi - at one stage were so confused ( being shown ) that they were about to part ways
3. Dilip become a second husband to another woman is intolerable
4. SV Sekar losing direction
5. Portraying Pratap as a mad guy ( good actor being wasted )
6. Sridevi was not fully utilised for all her talents
7. Ultimately the end of the movie was NOT ACCEPTED BY THE AUDIENCE EVEN DURING THAT PERIOD . IT WAS 1980 , 25 years before.

The movie was released on Deepavali day and other movies were :

1. Nizalgal
2. Polladhavan

and a host of others.

You can compare VNS with Nizalgal and see the difference

Sanguine Sridhar
26th July 2005, 11:51 AM
male chavanismai

Then wht abt Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal

S.Balaji
26th July 2005, 12:22 PM
Hello Ushaji,

Vaanamay ellai was a good movie. Though it was dragging in the intial part, the end was a POSITIVE ONE.

Un KB like movie. Uncharacteristic of KB !!! as he ended on a positive note .

tvsankar
26th July 2005, 12:48 PM
Balaji,
PUdhu pudhu arthangal - Female chavanism dhan
2 or 3 female chavanisma film vandhalae parka sagikalai.

Adhanal male chavanism seri yaga agadhu!!!!
Endha thavarum thavaru dhan.

Innoru thavarai solvadhal, mudhal thavaru seri agadhu.

So male or feamle chavanism thavaru!!! Thats all

So chavanism illadha oru ulagam iruka vendmum.

Adhai reflect panra madhiri film vara vendum.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
26th July 2005, 12:53 PM
Dear Becham,
That reply was to you!!! Sorry naan yarnu gavanikalai.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
26th July 2005, 12:55 PM
Balaji,
Naan polladhavan parthadhu illai.So enaal solla mudiyadhae! Sorry
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
26th July 2005, 12:59 PM
Balaji,
PUdhu pudhu arthangal - Female chavanism dhan
2 or 3 female chavanisma film vandhalae parka sagikalai.

Adhanal male chavanism seri yaga agadhu!!!!
Endha thavarum thavaru dhan.

Innoru thavarai solvadhal, mudhal thavaru seri agadhu.

So male or feamle chavanism thavaru!!! Thats all

So chavanism illadha oru ulagam iruka vendmum.

Adhai reflect panra madhiri film vara vendum.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Dear Ushaji,

Endha Male chauvnism issue il ennai izukaadheergal. This was raised by our friend - BECKHAM , not me. Pl see the previous post by Beckham !!!

But I wish to add one point here , which is my growse against KB :

KB , always shows Men in poor light and as if women are those who suffer in life and as if they are the ones taking the burden of family responsibility ( ex : Aval oru thodar kathai, premi , Anni, Mandhil urudhi vendum etc etc )
KB also shows men in poor light in - Avargal ( Rajini as a saddist ), Moondru mudichu ( same rajini ) , 47 naatkal , Mul veli ( saratbabu ), Nizal nijamaagiradhu ( saratbabu , partly Kamal also ), Arangetram ( again the whole family depending on a woman )

Probably, its KB's school of thought that men are like that ??

tvsankar
26th July 2005, 01:02 PM
Balaji,
I accept your views on the movies Mudhal mariyadhai and varumaiyin niram sigappu.

BR film la Pasum pon and Karuthamma rendum nalla story and best direction.Kozhappam illamal thelivaga pogum characters.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
26th July 2005, 01:07 PM
Balaji,
I accept your views on the movies Mudhal mariyadhai and varumaiyin niram sigappu.

BR film la Pasum pon and Karuthamma rendum nalla story and best direction.Kozhappam illamal thelivaga pogum characters.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Also Enuyir Thozan , another nice movie from BR.

Manvaasanai was another nice movie.

But ultimate BR movies - Mudhal mariyaathai and Vedam Pudhidhu

On Vedam pudhidhu , I can do a PHD !!

tvsankar
26th July 2005, 01:19 PM
Balaji,
Edhai yar eppo eduthar enru parunga!!!
K.B. actuala circumstance ku yetha madhiri dhan film edukirar.

In olden days, avar family orient film a than eduthar.

Like Navagraham and so on.

Anal Neenga sonna arangaatram and aval oru dhodar kadhai ellam pengalai nambi enru irupathai vittu vittu, pennum familyai gavanikara nagara angle la parungalaen.

andha time la dhan ,appadi oru situations vara arambichadhu.

In fact , in real life, en nudiaya close friend , avaludiaya appa velaiyai vittu vittu chumma irundhar.
Andha wife evvalavu kashta patanga theriuma?
Appodhu nijama aval oru dhodar kadhai varalai.

En friend ku 3 sisters and one brother.

Ival dhan first andha veetuku.

Avanga yarum seri illadha appavaaga society il katinndadhu illai.

AVal oru dhodar kadhai madhiri en friend dhan family kashthai thangi kondal. ANal en friend B.E. padicha.Avanga ammavum avalai padika vechanga.

than sis ellaraiyum padika vechu brother aiyum padika vechu ellam ava earnings la senjaa. Idhu nijam. okva

Late marrige um pannida!!!

So pengalai indha madhiri katum podhu gavaninga.Angal seri illadha podhu dhan pengal ippai iruka vendi iruku.

Nalla appa nalla husband nalla bro irundhal endha ponnum sandhoshamga accept pannidu dhan life ai run pannuva!!!

KB kaatinadhu ,seri iladha anngal irukum podhu ,andha pen enna seiuyarangaradhai than. I think.

wrong side of the world ai than KB eppavum solrar.Adhu adhigam agum podhu dhan appadi solrar.

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
26th July 2005, 01:53 PM
Dear Ushaji,

Your posting was touching and its true. I agree with you . There are familiies wherein the leading member went astray and the daughter had to shoulder responsibilities.
To be honest, I also love that movie - Aval oru thodar kathai , a very practical movie but what I am coming back again is that - KB used the same theme virtually in :

1. Arangetram
2. Premi
3. Manadhil urughi vendum

Such repetition by KB made me wonder , probably he is oriented towards that subject only .

But what you had mentioned about your friend is something really touching and I feel sad for the father while I feel proud of your friend.

S.Balaji

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 01:11 PM
Dear Balaji,
About KB and BR
1.KB pengaliln kashtathai avanga eppadi overcome panranga nu dhan kaatuvar.Oru remedy madhiri.
Unga ques about KB Why
he repeats?
Arangatram AVal oru dhodar kadhai manadhil urudhi vendum premi
Arangatram vandha year parunga .Idhu starting of 70s appo irukum pengalin situation appadi.Nanraga padika vaika padalai.So edho paditha varai oru job nu try panra heroine.Ana failiure aradhu.

AVal oru dhodar kadhai
Idhu starting of 80s or end of 70s

Indha time la pengalin nilai , konjam improved. Padithu oru nalla

company ( Nalla Boss) ana bus la velaiku pora!!! Kalyanam pannika mudiyalai.

Manadhil urudhi vendum

Idhu staring of 90s or end of 80s

Ippo heroine velaiku pora vidhyasamana velai.Nurse.ADhuvm moped la !! Kalyaanam aradhu! Ana adhu failure !!! Appo velaiku pogum niraiya pengal husband nalae kashtam varudhu.

Premi tv serial
Idhu late 90s.

Ingae pen romba niraiya padichu iruka.Nalla status ana job la iruka.
ANa marriage pathi ninaikalai.

So ennoda feelings on KB!!!

1. Pengalin nilai in society ngaradhu dhan main idea for kB for these movies

2. Adhu ellam nijam.

3. In arangatram. Pengalai nanraga padika vaikalai.VElaikum anupalai.Velaiku vandhalulm pengaluku safety kammi.

4. In Aval oru dhodar kadhai. pengal konjam padithargal.velaikum ponarlgal.Boss athanai mosam illai.

But marraige oru prob irundhadhu i think.After marriage avaluku freedom kedaiyadhu on her salary.Adhai solli sujatha marraige vendam nu decide pannuva i think.

5.IN Manadhil uurdhi vendum

Nalla padichu, velaikum vara mudinjadhu. Salaryum ava freedom .Kalyanam pannika mudinjadhu.
Ana appo irundha husband ku accept pannaika mudiyalai i think.ADhan indha story

6. Premi
Velaiku pora.Nalla quality education padika mudiyaradhu.Nalla status la jobku poga mudinjadhu.Marriage vendam nu decide panna mudinjadhu.Thannoda feelings idhu.Family karanam ilai.

Ippadi pengalin changes in this society ngaraka than KB indha topic ai repeat panni irupar i think Balaji.
About KR,
AVar eppavum pengalain kashtathai kaatuvar!!!
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 02:13 PM
I have a strange doubt ... i felt KB's movies has a certain amount of sex in all of his movies

Good example... I forgot the movie name
Sripriya is a young widow..shez sleeping in a room next to the room where a newly married couple is celebrating their first night.Suddenly Sripriya listens to the sound of cot..She got excited but doesnt know how to quinch it..so shez pouring huge amount of water in her head.Okie fine...! This may be a one of the problem for a widow but there are better ways of showing those things right??? Yaar..you are showing something in a media which is watched by the ppl whose age ranges from 6 to 60 ..It can be made in a much more descent manner right...
Some more examples...Father marries the girl loved by son...and ... A person is having sexual relationship with both mother and daughter.......

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 02:45 PM
I have a strange doubt ... i felt KB's movies has a certain amount of sex in all of his movies

Sripriya is a young widow..shez sleeping in a room next to the room where a newly married couple is celebrating their first night.Suddenly Sripriya listens to the sound of cot..She got excited but doesnt know how to quinch it..so shez pouring huge amount of water in her head.Okie fine...! This may be a one of the problem for a widow but there are better ways of showing those things right??? Yaar..you are showing something in a media which is watched by the ppl whose age ranges from 6 to 60 ..It can be made in a much more descent manner right...
Some more examples...Father marries the girl loved by son...and ... A person is having sexual relationship with both mother and daughter.......
yeah.thats really irritating.illegal relationship is the main aspect in his films

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 02:48 PM
Hello Becakham.......

What you first mentioned is from the movie 'Aval Oru Thodarkathai'. But you changed it a little. Actually Vijayakumar will love Sujatha, but he will marry the vidow Sripriya. Sujatha will allot her private room (which is only a decent room in that house) for their first night. Sujatha laying outside with sleeplessness will hear the sound of the cot from her room. Next day she will arrange the new couple to live far away from them. Vijayakumar will ask her 'why that much distance'. Sujatha will reply, 'then only she cant hear the cot sound', to make VK to realise his fault.

Your next one is 'Moondru mudichu' in which father marrys a girl who was loved by his son. Actually that father (Culcatta Viswanathan) did not know that she is his son's lover. But Sreedevi purposely marry him, knowing that he is Rajini's dad. Because he (Rajini) only killed her lover (Kamal) in water in order to marry Sreedevi. To teach him a lesson, she accepts for the marriage with the old man to make irritation to Rajini, that now she is his "siththi" (equal to his mother).

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 03:03 PM
Hello Beckham...

You mentioned, the media is being watched by people from 6 to 60. Ok, it is not only applicable for KB, but for all.

Do you know, when K.Bagyaraj released the film "Mundhaanai Mudichu", howmany ladies are shied to ask 'murungaikaai' in vegetable shops..??. If any lady asked 'murungaikaai' in vegetable shops, others looked her like something with a nasty smile. Is it not a fault of a director..??.

Can 6 to 60 see the songs and its movements of present songs..??

'Chinna veeda varattuma...periya veeda varattuma..."
'Idupporam machcham kaattavaa...appurama "............."
'Kalyaanamthaan kattikittu odi polaamaa...'
'Appan panna thappuley.....

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 03:09 PM
Hello Beckham...

You mentioned, the media is being watched by people from 6 to 60. Ok, it is not only applicable for KB, but for all.

Do you know, when K.Bagyaraj released the film "Mundhaanai Mudichu", howmany ladies are shied to ask 'murungaikaai' in vegetable shops..??. If any lady asked 'murungaikaai' in vegetable shops, others looked her like something with a nasty smile. Is it not a fault of a director..??.

Can 6 to 60 see the songs and its movements of present songs..??

'Chinna veeda varattuma...periya veeda varattuma..."
'Idupporam machcham kaattavaa...appurama "............."
'Kalyaanamthaan kattikittu odi polaamaa...'
'Appan panna thappuley.....

that scene from baghyaraj may bring naughty smile.becoz it is between husband and wife.

but balachander makes us to hide our faces in some scenes.
for eg.....a fellow loving his lover's mother in aval oru thodar kadhai

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 03:44 PM
Saradhaa...can i laugh at u? Because

1.The person affected in that movie was Sripriya shez a widow.I still remember that.Actually scene was the same thing, Sujatha notices that sripriya was taking bath after that incident and asks Vijayakumar to mov out of that house.

2.Please notice the thread topic is KB vs BR ... and not KB vs Bhagyaraj...Anyways "Murungakkai" was not that much vulgar than what you call this kind of idiotic story line up..okie?

3."Appan Panna thapula" , "Chinna veeda varatuma" these kind of songs came into the pictuarisation of the c class rated directors and not from BR...righto? Moreover i accept very rarely these kind of songs comes in BR movie also "Yedhukku pondatti" is an example.

You never answered this query a fellow shares the bed with both mother and daughter...What an imagination!!!!! There are 1000's of good things around you..no need to show these kind of ugly things right?

What about Kalki!!! This is the most horrible movie which i have ever seen..

Even Paarthaley Paravasam!!! oops!!!

If u say that BR doesnt know to take rural subjects... then Kb doesnt know how to a story other than sex...

Even "Sindhu Bairavi" A fellow doesnt like her first wife juz cauze she doesn have enough stuff on music she looks at Suhasini....

Look "Pudhu pudhu arthangal" where a guy couldnt survive with a possessive gal and looks for another girl...

But he also given some good movies like Thaneer thaneer,Vaanamey yellai etc.,

But BR is exceptional he is better,,much better than KB..

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 03:53 PM
Dear Beckam and Nilavu piriyan,
Naan ingae solvadhai konjam right sense la eduthukonga. Pl!!
thappai naan eppodhum support seiyalai.Nyaya paduthalai. Anal yen KB ippadi eduthar nu kekkaradhuku solraen.
Saradha sonna madhiri oru chinna veetil, newly married couple um iruka vendum.Oru young widow um irkanum.
Namaku indha madhiri oru kashtam illadha podhu idhai feel panna mudiyadhu.
Anal andha situationla irukaravangaluku nichayam idhu oru lesson nu naan feel panraen.
INdha amma and mgal seiyum thavaru - idhuvum appadiyae.
Thavaru seiyum yarukum idhu oru lesson - adhan KB. adhai harsha solrar. i think.
AGed man chinna pennai marriage pannikaradhu inru varai society il irukum oru immoral.
Anal moonru muduchu vil, aged man refuse panra madhiri dhan katuvar.Sridevi characater dhan stubburn a irundhu marriage seidhukara madhiri kaatuvar.

Dear all , KB film ellam not for 6 and 60!!!!! HIs films are "A" certificate i think.

Naan ivvalavu solgirnenae, naan irundhadhu oru village.Angae irundha the theater la nichayam A film ku youngsters permit panna matanga.Ennudiaya time la.
So naan partha KB film ellam ennudaiya after 20s dhan.
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 03:58 PM
Naan ingae solvadhai konjam right sense la eduthukonga. Pl!!
thappai naan eppodhum support seiyalai.Nyaya paduthalai. Anal yen KB ippadi eduthar nu kekkaradhuku solraen.
Saradha sonna madhiri oru chinna veetil, newly married couple um iruka vendum.Oru young widow um irkanum.
Namaku indha madhiri oru kashtam illadha podhu idhai feel panna mudiyadhu.
Anal andha situationla irukaravangaluku nichayam idhu oru lesson nu naan feel panraen.
INdha amma and mgal seiyum thavaru - idhuvum appadiyae.
Thavaru seiyum yarukum idhu oru lesson - adhan KB. adhai harsha solrar. i think. AGed man chinna pennai marriage pannikaradhu inru varai society il irukum oru immoral.
Anal moonru muduchu vil, aged man refuse panra madhiri dhan katuvar.Sridevi characater dhan stubburn a irundhu marriage seidhukara madhiri kaatuvar.

Dear all , KB film ellam not for 6 and 60!!!!! HIs films are "A" certificate i think.

Naan ivvalavu solgirnenae, naan irundhadhu oru village.Angae irundha the theater la nichayam A film ku youngsters permit panna matanga.Ennudiaya time la.
So naan partha KB film ellam ennudaiya after 20s dhan.
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.
thappa sutti kaatura maadhiri bf kooda edukalam.
next..,he lacks subject."bigamy"-ya veche evlo padam eduparu?

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 03:58 PM
Usha Shankar,

Urupudiya neraya vishayam irrukum podhu indha concept yellam rombha avasiyama?

Appadi rombha avasiyam yendralum adha kaanbikka oru vazhi veynama?

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 04:05 PM

Hello Beckham,

Appreciate you had highlighted a good point.

The widow character is from - Aval oru thodar kathai only . That particular scene of KB showing Sripriaya pouring water on her head - in my opinion was right. I will put it this way. As a widow , our soceity did not accept re-marriage during those days and one had to lead a pitiable life but pl understand that she was a YOUNG WIDOW and these are biological needs of a man and woman which nobody can control ( except a saint ) . My interpretation of this scene will be - Sripriya felt ashamed of herself and tried to get hereself purfied on thoughts by pouring water on her head and body. Also, it was a movie taken in the late 70s and the society was still not modern in thinking.

Now widow remarriage is more welcome. My College lectuerer by name Mr. Nandakumar ( I studied in Vivekananda College ) married a widow and we all felt proud of that gesture as during those days it was a big thing.

Coming back to the scene, I genuinely feel that KB's presentation of that scene was nice. There was no aabaasam in that scene.

But you had made a very good point on this. Keep it up

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 04:12 PM
Dear Balaji,
About KB and BR
1.KB pengaliln kashtathai avanga eppadi overcome panranga nu dhan kaatuvar.Oru remedy madhiri.
Unga ques about KB Why
he repeats?
Arangatram AVal oru dhodar kadhai manadhil urudhi vendum premi
Arangatram vandha year parunga .Idhu starting of 70s appo irukum pengalin situation appadi.Nanraga padika vaika padalai.So edho paditha varai oru job nu try panra heroine.Ana failiure aradhu.

AVal oru dhodar kadhai
Idhu starting of 80s or end of 70s

Indha time la pengalin nilai , konjam improved. Padithu oru nalla

company ( Nalla Boss) ana bus la velaiku pora!!! Kalyanam pannika mudiyalai.

Manadhil urudhi vendum

Idhu staring of 90s or end of 80s

Ippo heroine velaiku pora vidhyasamana velai.Nurse.ADhuvm moped la !! Kalyaanam aradhu! Ana adhu failure !!! Appo velaiku pogum niraiya pengal husband nalae kashtam varudhu.

Premi tv serial
Idhu late 90s.

Ingae pen romba niraiya padichu iruka.Nalla status ana job la iruka.
ANa marriage pathi ninaikalai.

So ennoda feelings on KB!!!

1. Pengalin nilai in society ngaradhu dhan main idea for kB for these movies

2. Adhu ellam nijam.

3. In arangatram. Pengalai nanraga padika vaikalai.VElaikum anupalai.Velaiku vandhalulm pengaluku safety kammi.

4. In Aval oru dhodar kadhai. pengal konjam padithargal.velaikum ponarlgal.Boss athanai mosam illai.

But marraige oru prob irundhadhu i think.After marriage avaluku freedom kedaiyadhu on her salary.Adhai solli sujatha marraige vendam nu decide pannuva i think.

5.IN Manadhil uurdhi vendum

Nalla padichu, velaikum vara mudinjadhu. Salaryum ava freedom .Kalyanam pannika mudinjadhu.
Ana appo irundha husband ku accept pannaika mudiyalai i think.ADhan indha story

6. Premi
Velaiku pora.Nalla quality education padika mudiyaradhu.Nalla status la jobku poga mudinjadhu.Marriage vendam nu decide panna mudinjadhu.Thannoda feelings idhu.Family karanam ilai.

Ippadi pengalin changes in this society ngaraka than KB indha topic ai repeat panni irupar i think Balaji.
About KR,
AVar eppavum pengalain kashtathai kaatuvar!!!
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Thank you dear Ushajii,

Your analysis on the said 3 movies of KB is excellent and thought provoking. Now I am convinced on those themes. Yes they were taken during different decades and situations. All fit well now.

Nice analysis. Keep it up.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 04:15 PM
Balaji,
I dont know whether you know or not..Pouring cold water on u're head reduces u're sexual intensions.This is what KB was trying to say.Note this the peak of vulgarity.Ok if KB has such a great thoughts.. no need of showing ladies changing their dress... in the big screen Eg "Dheivam thandha veedu.." wonderful lyrics but no need to show sujatha's dress change right? What is thee need of showing it??? Any biological reasons brother? Similarly many movies..In one movie(I forgot the name) Kamal came to meet her lover but stays in the lovers friends house..there Kamal shares bed with her friend...If u argue that these things happens in our culture..Yes accepted! Is it happening in all the houses..What i am trying to tell is...KB talent got arrested in these ugly irritating stuffs...right?

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 04:22 PM
Hello friends,

I wonder this forum has become a full fledged KB bashing !!!!???

My dear friends, the great KB took a wonderful movie called - IRU KODUGAL.

Pl all see that movie. Its all about an uneducated woman getting married to a city based man but the man was under the control of his mother intially. He had to run out of the mainstream for some reasons and the wife was left virtually like an orphan.
Gemini ( the man ) gets married to another and gets 2 children also but he leads a decent living there and will be a noble husband.

Sowcar's father ( was a school teacher ) , motivated her and made her to do IAS and she becomes a collector and the whole world comes full circle now ! Sowcar will become the Boss of Gemini and the story goes into various interesting twists and finally KB ends on a nice note.

A wonderful movie. The highlight is KB brings positivie things out of Sowcar and also Jayanthi and those who bash KB SHOULD SEE THAT MOVIE FOR ONCE .

I mean KB also made quite meaningul and decent and cultured movies during those years.

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 04:24 PM
Urupadiyana vishayam solla than niraiya nalla directors elam irukangalae ella periods layum.
Ulagil nadakum thavaraiyum adharku oru remedyum solvadhu oru thavara?
Ellorukum nadakum thavaru therium.Anal ippadi public a cinemavil katum podhu nichayam oru nalla change (thavaru engu iruko angu) varum.
Nam ellam thavaru seiyadha nalla life la irukom.So namaku idhu thevaiya enru ninaikirom.
B/F yen solreengae? adhu perae B?F dhanae?

Anal KB neat a "A" certificate oda dhan fim release panni irukar.

Then , adhu eppadi kammi adhigam or thevai ilali enru solla mudiyum?

With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 04:27 PM
Balaji,
You have to search for good movies...and u named only one :lol:
Okie fine i have seen that movie..Still you dont get me..Why KB is always focusing away from normal Husband/Wife relationship...this is what i am asking..Husband looking for another girl other than his wfe...Tell me ...

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 04:30 PM
Oru padam "A" certificate-oda vandhatha thaan youth easy-a attract aavanga...Thulluvadho illamai padatha yenna 40 50 vayasu aalungala paathanga...All teen age persons only saw that movie..Btw Yenna remedy kooduthar KB tell me..

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 04:31 PM
Heelo Beckham...

Regarding that 'amma - magal' matter in Aval Oru Thodarkathai....

That guy (Soman) is a cheating person, who really does not love with Fatafat Jayalaxmi. But she thought that he is loving her sincerely. Same like that the mother charecter also loves him, without knowing he is the lover of her daughter. Once when Jayalaxmi saw him with her mother in a bedroom, then only she knows and shocked.

After that scene jaya tells her mother "Ammavukkum ponnummum idaiyil endha sandai (fight) vendumaanaalum varalaam. Aanaa "Sakkalaththi" sandai mattum varakoodaathumma". Then only the mother shocked on knowing that he is the lover of her daughter. When Jayalaxmi attempetd to commit sucide, her friends coming and telling her mother already suicided.

So, no mistake in mother and daughter charector. But the guy only shown as culprit. WE ARE WATCHING IN EVERYDAY NEWS PAPER, THESE KIND OF NEWS, ONE MAN HAVING RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH MOTHER AND DAUGHTER.

So KB did not show anything imaginery, it is happening in society but rarely.

Do you want him to take safe side like others, taking same old stories again and again..?? like Varadhatchinai kodumai, Kalla kadaththal koottam, Dirty politics, Pannaiyaar, Maraththadi Panchayath......etc...etc..???. No, KB is not like that.

You are telling KB dooes not know anything without sex. You peaople are searching for his such films and watching, without seeing some other movies like his "Unnaal Mudiyum Thambi"....

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 04:39 PM
Saradhaa,

WE ARE WATCHING IN EVERYDAY NEWS PAPER, THESE KIND OF NEWS, ONE MAN HAVING RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH MOTHER AND DAUGHTER.

Why lot of confusion madam...daily nadukudha illa rarely-a?

We are searching?? Only u are searching..u fellows naming only two or 3 movies..

Iru Kodugal ,Bama Vijayam,UMT,Thaneer thanneer,Achamilai achamilai,vaanamey yellai....accepted...

verra?? tell me

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 04:43 PM
Balaji,
I dont know whether you know or not..Pouring cold water on u're head reduces u're sexual intensions.This is what KB was trying to say.Note this the peak of vulgarity.Ok if KB has such a great thoughts.. no need of showing ladies changing their dress... in the big screen Eg "Dheivam thandha veedu.." wonderful lyrics but no need to show sujatha's dress change right? What is thee need of showing it??? Any biological reasons brother? Similarly many movies..In one movie(I forgot the name) Kamal came to meet her lover but stays in the lovers friends house..there Kamal shares bed with her friend...If u argue that these things happens in our culture..Yes accepted! Is it happening in all the houses..What i am trying to tell is...KB talent got arrested in these ugly irritating stuffs...right?

Hello Beckham....

What you mentioned here is the scene from the movie "Ilamai Oonjalaadugirathu"....WHICH IS NOT DIRECTED BY KB. This is by Director Sreedhar.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 04:45 PM
If so i am sorry.. :oops:

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 04:49 PM
Dear Beckham,

I am with you on that scene - Sujatha changing her dresses need not be shown in that song - Deivam thandha veedu. In fact KB had spoilt that lovely song by showing that unwanted shot. Really he should have avoided it.

Coming back to Sripriya pouring water on her head - WHAT I SAID WAS THAT KB IS TRYING TO SHOW THAT ON REALISING HER MISTAKE SHE WANTED TO PURIFY HER BY POURING WATER ON HER HEAD.

I do agree with you that SOman character is a black mark to that movie and such side stories in that movie should have been avoided. There is no second thought on that.

You wanted some more list of KB's good ones :

1. Velli vizha
2. kaviya thalavi
3. Thamarai nenjam
4. Major Chandrakanth
5. Avargal
6. Neer kumizi
7. Nizal nijamaagiradhu

Hey man , I am a BR disciple but you have made be a KB follower now !!!!!!!!

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 04:51 PM
hehehe Good Joke Balaji

If KB is a good director no need to count the good movies boss...

am i right?

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 04:52 PM
Beckam,
Thavarai kaati, thavaruku nalla nilai kedaiyadhu and kedaikadhu ngaradhi than KB solrar. That is the remedy.
Amma magal thavaru - suicide
orae veeltae newly married copule and widow - couple ai veliyae poga solva.

Endha thavarukum society il punishment iruku nu dhan kaatinar KB .
Adhu yaaraga irundhalum evaraga irudhalum seri.Thavaruku thandanai iruku .Thats all. Thats the remedy.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 04:53 PM
Dear Beckham,

I am with you on that scene - Sujatha changing her dresses need not be shown in that song - Deivam thandha veedu. In fact KB had spoilt that lovely song by showing that unwanted shot. Really he should have avoided it.

Coming back to Sripriya pouring water on her head - WHAT I SAID WAS THAT KB IS TRYING TO SHOW THAT ON REALISING HER MISTAKE SHE WANTED TO PURIFY HER BY POURING WATER ON HER HEAD.

I do agree with you that SOman character is a black mark to that movie and such side stories in that movie should have been avoided. There is no second thought on that.

You wanted some more list of KB's good ones :

1. Velli vizha
2. kaviya thalavi
3. Thamarai nenjam
4. Major Chandrakanth
5. Avargal
6. Neer kumizi
7. Nizal nijamaagiradhu

Hey man , I am a BR disciple but you have made be a KB follower now !!!!!!!!
you never sounded like br disciple.never.ever

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 04:54 PM
Saradhaa,

WE ARE WATCHING IN EVERYDAY NEWS PAPER, THESE KIND OF NEWS, ONE MAN HAVING RELATIONSHIP WITH BOTH MOTHER AND DAUGHTER.

Why lot of confusion madam...daily nadukudha illa rarely-a?

We are searching?? Only u are searching..u fellows naming only two or 3 movies..

Iru Kodugal ,Bama Vijayam,UMT,Thaneer thanneer,Achamilai achamilai,vaanamey yellai....accepted...

verra?? tell me

Beckham, I am with you on this. KB could have avoided such unethical pracitices. There are much more better topics to handle by KB but KB is known for handling controversial issues.

In the early 70s he made Kaviyathalavi - a woman made astray by her drunkard husband was forced to take up dancing job and also gives up her love with a very learned lawyer.

But she makes her daughter grow up with her ex-lover and brings good life to her daughter . The movie will end with daughter fighting in the court in favour of her mother. Excellent movie.

Dear Beckham, Neengal andha madhiri movies paarkanum - From KB

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 04:58 PM
you never sounded like br disciple.never.ever

Hello Nilavupriyan,

My first posting itself starts in favour of BR only . I am a big follower of BR. Just go backwards and see all postings earlier and you will realise ( including the first one ).

I am also anlaysing the positives of KB besides the negatives.

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 04:59 PM
Hello Beckhaam.....

See the varieties of KB:

Neerkumizhi
Major Chndrakanth
Bama Vijayam
Ethir Neechal
Naanal
Anubavi Raja Anubavi
Poova Thalaiyaa
Iru Kodugal
Kaaviya Thalaivi
Nootrukku Nooru
Punnagai
Kanna Nalamaa
Velli Vizha
Arangetram ...(you like to see)
Aval Oru Thodar kathai ...(you like to see)
Apoorva Raagangal ...(you like to see)
Manmadha Leelai
Moondru Mudichu
Avargal
Naan Avanillai
Thappu Thaalangal
Ninaithaale inikkum
Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu
47 Naatkal
Thanneer Thanneer
Achamillai achamillai
Unnaal Mudiyum Thambi
Pudhu Pudhu Arththangal
Manadhil Uruthi Vendum
Kaliki. ....(you like to see)
Pudhu pudhu Arthangal ....(you like to see)
Vaanamey Ellai
Azhagan

I have marked out what are all the KB films you want to see. Other movies you dont want to see...BECAUSE THERE IS NO SEX......

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 05:00 PM
hehehe Good Joke Balaji

If KB is a good director no need to count the good movies boss...

am i right?

Beckham,

You are a veteran hubber and you have forced me to get the best of KB ??!!

You are a smart guy.

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 05:02 PM
Hello Nilavupriyan,

My first posting itself starts in favour of BR only . I am a big follower of BR. Just go backwards and see all postings earlier and you will realise ( including the first one ).

I am also anlaysing the positives of KB besides the negatives.
yeah.ok.
anyway this is for u.
my favourite k.b films
1)vaaname illai
2)varumayin niram sikappu
3)unnal mudiyum thambi
4)punnagai mannan

i really started hating him after seeing kalki and paarthaley paravasam

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 05:02 PM
Balaji,

I have answered before

"You dont need to count the movie for an excellent director..cauze excellent director is always perfect"

Saradhaa..don need to go for panchayath so and so stuffs...take manirathnam

He made Bombay...which he touched Hindu-Muslim relationship..by showing love between a hindu guy and muslim gal..he also touched the Babar masjid ... Wow thats the gutts baby!

He made Kannathil Muthamittal in which he touches a small childs mentality when she knows that her parents was not the original one..he also touched the LTTE and Srilankan govt dispute....This is the spirit...

Even Alipayuthey ..he shows the ruthless blind love will end in ego clash and reality will always sucks....

Even Aayutha Ezhuthu..that Suray part.. was really good...

What about Cheran...he makes really good movie he touches national spirit in each and ever movie

What about shankar?

Ah!

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 05:04 PM
Dear all,
Idhai than sonnaen.
UNMAI SUDUM!!!!!!
Endha movie layum unmai adhigam irukum podhu acceptance irukadhu. Idhu dhan manidha iyalbu!!!
Adhanal dhan KB ku engayum yar kitayum support kedaiyadhu!!!Kedaikadhu!!!
Anal avar adharkaga edukalai!! The other side of the worlda enna iurku enna changes thevai ngara madhiiri dhan kaatinar i think.
Eppodhum openness garadhu thavarana behaviour!!! appadiya?
Because, indha ulagam vesham podum ulagam.Ingae vesham podaravan nallavan and avargal dhan good man and woman.
Anal enaku idhil acceptance kedaiyadhu.
KB unmaiyaga vesham podamal nethi adi adikar.Adhanal adhu seri illaiya?
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 05:07 PM
Beckam,
topic about KB and BR!!! Ingae mathavanga vendamae!!!
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 05:11 PM
Neerkumizhi ---> Okay (Have u seen a Nurse in that movie..shez showing her nipple, babe i m not joking look that movie correctly u will get it :D )
Major Chndrakanth ---> I havent seen
Bama Vijayam ---> Good movie
Ethir Neechal ---> Excellent
Naanal --> I have seen the movie Good
Anubavi Raja Anubavi ---> Dunno
Poova Thalaiyaa ---> Don remem
Iru Kodugal --> I already commented
Kaaviya Thalaivi --> Balaji said let me check
Nootrukku Nooru --> Dunno
Punnagai -->Dunno
Kanna Nalamaa -->Dunno
Velli Vizha --Dunno
Arangetram ...(you like to see)
Aval Oru Thodar kathai ...(you like to see)
Apoorva Raagangal ...(you like to see)
Manmadha Leelai --- No sex good joke
Moondru Mudichu
Avargal
Naan Avanillai -------- there are some scenes
Thappu Thaalangal
Ninaithaale inikkum --------------- Nothing gr8 in taht movie
Varumaiyin Niram Sivappu --- good one
47 Naatkal ------------ dunno
Thanneer Thanneer --- good
Achamillai achamillai --- good
Unnaal Mudiyum Thambi --- good
Pudhu Pudhu Arththangal ---- okie sex illa but concept? -- u have repeated
Manadhil Uruthi Vendum --- hmmm no comments
Kaliki. ....(you like to see)
Pudhu pudhu Arthangal ....(you like to see)
Vaanamey Ellai-----Excellent one
Azhagan --- okay

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 05:12 PM
Beckam,
topic about KB and BR!!! Ingae mathavanga vendamae!!!
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Shankar righto boss...I m just mentioning there are better directors than KB

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 05:12 PM
Balaji,

I have answered before

"You dont need to count the movie for an excellent director..cauze excellent director is always perfect"

He made Bombay...which he touched Hindu-Muslim relationship..by showing love between a hindu guy and muslim gal..he also touched the Babar masjid ... Wow thats the gutts baby!

He made Kannathil Muthamittal in which he touches a small childs mentality when she knows that her parents was not the original one..he also touched the LTTE and Srilankan govt dispute....This is the spirit...

Even Alipayuthey ..he shows the ruthless blind love will end in ego clash and reality will always sucks....

What about Cheran...he makes really good movie he touches national spirit in each and ever movie

What about shankar?

Ah!

hello Beckham,

Agreed MR is also a good director . Also Cheran and Shankar.

What one look at it longevity. KB and BR could sustain for a longer duration but I am not sure with Mani and shankar.

Both are virtually out of the scene now. Mani's movies are nice and thoughtful but I am not seeing him in the limelight. One has to prove that -

FORM IS TEMPORARY , CLASS IS PERMANENT.

Thats why I chose this topic - KB vs BR as both ruled the industry for a longer period.

Cheran is a nice guy who is doing his job well now .

Shankar is lost ever since he took Jeans. Even Mudhalvan was not his best.

nilavupriyan
28th July 2005, 05:17 PM
Balaji,

I have answered before

What about shankar?

Ah!

hello Beckham,

Agreed MR is also a good director . Also Cheran and Shankar.

What one look at it longevity. KB and BR could sustain for a longer duration but I am not sure with Mani and shankar.

Both are virtually out of the scene now. Mani's movies are nice and thoughtful but I am not seeing him in the limelight. One has to prove that -

FORM IS TEMPORARY , CLASS IS PERMANENT.

Thats why I chose this topic - KB vs BR as both ruled the industry for a longer period.

Cheran is a nice guy who is doing his job well now .

Shankar is lost ever since he took Jeans. Even Mudhalvan was not his best.
please dont compare mani with kb and br.
right or wrong they have their own style.but after seeing many english movies my respect for mani is gone.he is not as great creator as balachander or barathiraja.

at present bala have his own way of film making and gives nice films...without copying from other country films

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 05:18 PM
Dear all,
Idhai than sonnaen.
UNMAI SUDUM!!!!!!
Endha movie layum unmai adhigam irukum podhu acceptance irukadhu. Idhu dhan manidha iyalbu!!!
Adhanal dhan KB ku engayum yar kitayum support kedaiyadhu!!!Kedaikadhu!!!
Anal avar adharkaga edukalai!! The other side of the worlda enna iurku enna changes thevai ngara madhiiri dhan kaatinar i think.
Eppodhum openness garadhu thavarana behaviour!!! appadiya?
Because, indha ulagam vesham podum ulagam.Ingae vesham podaravan nallavan and avargal dhan good man and woman.
Anal enaku idhil acceptance kedaiyadhu.
KB unmaiyaga vesham podamal nethi adi adikar.Adhanal adhu seri illaiya?
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Shankar,
Other side of world edukurathukku ivvar onnum mahan alla! Romba rare-a nadukkura vishayatha....kodi (crore) peru paakuranga adha kooda yosikama edukuravara yeppadi rate panna...
Have u seen Gopalakrishnan movies..he will take movies like that only...With lot of sex with social touch no big difference between him and KB

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 05:32 PM
Ok, I accept. What are all the movies you mentioned about Manirathnam are good and he touched many current affairs.

Bus Bharathiraja never took any of such themes. So it is no need to bring here in BR vs KB thread.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 05:34 PM
Hmmm Saradhaa interesting... I dont want to count any movies like u did.."Karuthamma" which bagged national award is a good example

interz
28th July 2005, 05:43 PM
Great directors from yesteryear cant keep up with the trend in cinema, think their movies doesnt appeal much to the "cinegoers", nowadays back then they done many good movies.

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 05:44 PM
BR's Vedham pudithu - An ultimate movie on CASTEISM. Nobody had handled that subject better than BR .

Pudhumaipenn - SHowing a married woman in high esteem. Even coming out of her bondage with husband decides to live on her own.

Mudhal mariyaadhay - Nodbody would have used Shivaji in that manner , so unique.

Thats the hallmark of BR

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 05:48 PM
Hmmm Saradhaa interesting... I dont want to count any movies like u did.."Karuthamma" which bagged national award is a good example

What about ..
Tik...tik...tik...
Vaalibame...Vaa..Vaa..
Kodi Parakkuthu...
Taj mahal
Kangalaal Kaithu sey...

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 05:48 PM
Just because KB did more social themes does not in anyway downgrade BR in anyway. Whether its a village subject or a city based subject , in what way a Director presents it and how he ends it is what counts , in my humble opinion.

On that front, KB is behind BR by a mile.

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 05:56 PM

What about ..
Tik...tik...tik...
Vaalibame...Vaa..Vaa..
Kodi Parakkuthu...
Taj mahal
Kangalaal Kaithu sey...

You are kidding me.... :lol:

Saradha...KB yenna God-a yella padamum hit-a? ah?

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 05:57 PM
Just because KB did more social themes does not in anyway downgrade BR in anyway. Whether its a village subject or a city based subject , in what way a Director presents it and how he ends it is what counts , in my humble opinion.

Dear Balaji....

In this big fight, we forgot each other....
Then how are you today...???.

Ok, what you mentioned is your openion. But from the beginning you might seen that I am a desciple of KB and feel proud of it.

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 06:03 PM

Dear Balaji....

In this big fight, we forgot each other....
Then how are you today...???.

Ok, what you mentioned is your openion. But from the beginning you might seen that I am a desciple of KB and feel proud of it.

Anbu Saradha avaragalay,

I am fine here in Uganda. Today is a local holiday but I came to browsing centre ONLY TO TAKE ON OUR TFM FRIENDS .

This KB vs BR thread has made by fingers paining !!.

Yes yes, I saw your posts and already saw your another posting picturisation of great songs - about - AZAGAN all songs you had described quite beautifully and I found that you are a diehard KB fan.

This forum has become a bigfight like in NDTV .

All those participants are doing a great job. All the best to you all great guys.

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 06:16 PM
Dear beloved brother Balaji....

Ho... even today is your holiday, you are browsing for us... great..

I saw your several postings in Cricket thread. Wow... you have big knowledge in cricket also... good.

Your postings here are much interesting and enjoyable...

keep it up..

your affectionate sister.. Sarooo..

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 06:20 PM

What about ..
Tik...tik...tik...
Vaalibame...Vaa..Vaa..
Kodi Parakkuthu...
Taj mahal
Kangalaal Kaithu sey...

hello Saradhajii,

So you are listing the negatives of BR ??

I have a big list of negatives of KB - I mean negative themes .

I will soon bring them to light

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 06:31 PM
Dear beloved brother Balaji....

Ho... even today is your holiday, you are browsing for us... great..

I saw your several postings in Cricket thread. Wow... you have big knowledge in cricket also... good.

Your postings here are much interesting and enjoyable...

keep it up..

your affectionate sister.. Sarooo..

Anbu Sagodhari Saradhajii,

I am basically a MYLAPORE VASEEE. I was brought up in Mylapore area .

You know well, Mylapore and Triplicane guys are well known for VAAI CRICKET !!!!!. I am an expert on that as well !! and it comes automatically for guys like us !!!!

I am planning to pull in my other class mates and peer friends into this great TFM forum so that you will see more and more interesting postings.

You know I got into this TFM ??

I wanted to have details of Jency as I love most of her songs and she was a main beneficiary of IR's famous hits like - Geetha sangeetha / Meen kodi theril / Oru inayamanadhu isayai / Aayiram malargalay.

While browsing for her name, I got into this great TFM and I am here !!

Great forum . Otherwise, I would not have got the opportunity of coming across you and Ushajiii.

svaisn
28th July 2005, 06:56 PM
oru chinna doubt..

oru iniya manthu - sujatha thane padinaanga???

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 07:02 PM
oru chinna doubt..

oru iniya manthu - sujatha thane padinaanga???

No, it was by Jency.

Given below is big list of Jency :

oru iniya manathu - Jaani
en vaanile ore vennila.. - Jaani
aayiram malargalE - niram maaraadha pookkal
Iru paravaigal malai muzhuvathum - Niram maaraatha pookal
thamthana..nanthana..- pudhiya vaarppugal
idhayam pOguthE - pudhiya vaarppugal
kaathal oviyam pesum kaaviyam - alaigal ooyvathillai (duet with Raaja)
unakkena thaane inneramaa - Ponnu oorukku puthusu
mayile mayile - kadavul amaitha medai
kalyaanam thannai mudikka - Metti
geetha sangeetha - Anbe angeethaa
theertha karai thanile - thai pongal
meenkodi theril - karumbu vil
Devan thiruchabai malargalae(with Vasantha) - Avar enakke sondham
Paniyum neeye malarum naane(with SPB) - Pani malar(Shankar ganesh)
Naan naan aadanum poo naan paadanum - poondhalir
Deiveega raagam thevittadha paadal - ullasa paravaigal
vaada en raajaa kannaa vaadadha roja poove - rishimoolam
adi pennae ponnoonjal aadum ilamai - mullum malarum
poo malarnthida nadamidum ponmayile - tik tik tik
Ennuir neethane.......(yesu and jency) - Priya

svaisn
28th July 2005, 07:06 PM
is it so...

I have mistaken...

I think u better put this topice in some other forum.... b4 u get a message from thiru :-)

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 07:20 PM
Dear Beckam
Ippo unga view la ugly side of KB nu pesareenga!!
BR ku ugly side illaiya? irukae?
Ippadi pesa arambicha ingae pengal iruka mudiyadhu Sir!!! Or irndhal pengalaga iruka mudiyadhu i think!!!
BRkum ugly side iruku unga madhiri view la !!!!
Then compare pannina nalla irukkuma indha thread?
Enaku ugly side nu arambichu pesa pidikalai.
Ana nichayam niraiya BR kitae iruku!!!
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

svaisn
28th July 2005, 07:26 PM
Dear Beckam
Ippo unga view la ugly side of KB nu pesareenga!!
BR ku ugly side illaiya? irukae?
Ippadi pesa arambicha ingae pengal iruka mudiyadhu Sir!!! Or irndhal pengalaga iruka mudiyadhu i think!!!
BRkum ugly side iruku unga madhiri view la !!!!
Then compare pannina nalla irukkuma indha thread?
Enaku ugly side nu arambichu pesa pidikalai.
Ana nichayam niraiya BR kitae iruku!!!
With LOve,
Usha Sankar.

Shankar

Till the end.. athu enna mathri ugly sidenu sollave ellaye??? :roll:

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 07:31 PM
[quote=tvsankar]Dear Beckam

Till the end.. athu enna mathri ugly sidenu sollave ellaye??? :roll:

Dear Beckham,

I am a diehard fan of BR but I know his negatives as well ?!

You want me to name that movie which is a nonsense ??

It is VALIBAMAY VAA VAA - Acted by Karthik and Radha.

The main theme is so so so much of a nonsense and thats why I dont want to bring it to this great forum.

Again Alaigal oizvathillai was a comeback movie for BR and but for IR he would have got dumped . THis movie was a musical delight apart from visual delight - but we cannot see this movie with our full family . I am emphatic on this

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 07:37 PM
Dear Svaisn,
Avanga solra ugly side garadhai naan accept pannalai.Anal adhae pol BR kum ungly side irukku avanga solra madhiri!!!
Just one sample.
In 16 vayadhinilae - Sridevi in leg ai kaatinal thavaru illai.
Anal Dr character avalai thannikul vara solli parpadhaga kaatuvar.Adhai visualaga vilaiyadi irupar.

2.IN kizhakae pogum rayil - Gowndamani character .Radhika vai shelf la edhaiyo eduka solli ivar keezhae ninru kondu ................ Idhaiyum visualaga kaati iurpar BR.
3. In Sigappu Rojakkal - Niraiya iruku.
Ippadi solla arambithal thread nanaraga irukadhu i feel.Okva?
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 07:44 PM
Hello Ushajii,

You are right. BR has the other side also. Some movies are really terrible especially certain scenes are with cheap taste. Could have been avoided as he is a creative director. Sad sad

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 07:55 PM
Dear Balaji,
In this view about KB and BR
1. KB - Ulagil irupadhai kaatinar.(Enna sonnalum.endha madhiri scene analum oru nijam irukum.)
2. BR - Thani manidha manathin vakkarangalai kaatinar!!
Idhu dhan miga periya ugly in this society!!!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 07:55 PM
KBs Velli vizha was a nice movie.

It brings the best out of Vanishree and Gemini.

The first half of the movie will revolve around Jayanthi vs Vanishree wherein Gemini will play a passive role.

In the second half, Gemini will take over and play as a person who just crossed 60 years and in what dilemma he will be . Excellent presentation by KB here.

Eventhough Vani will not get married KB will justify finally and will give her the mother status for the children of Jayanthi.

It was a nice end by KB . For a change !

saradhaa_sn
28th July 2005, 07:58 PM
Dear Balaji....

Wow great list of "Jency", I surprised. You memorised too much songs of her. I also great fan of Jency ( a gem brought up by Ilaiyaraja).

But still I am having doubt about "oru iniya manadhu" song. Because several years before, when I attended a music programme of Jesudoss, Sujatha was in that group as a small girl, with paavaadai, thaavani.

She sung all songs of various singers and this song also. Before she sung, she announced that this is her first song in movie and Ilaiyaraja and Mahendran gave that oppertunity for her.

Thatswhy I am in doubt, same like svaisn.

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 07:59 PM
Dear all.
So ugly side nga ra topic la KB and BR rendu perukumae equal share iruku nu idhai stop pannikalama?
Idhil yar evvalavu fim.evvalvu scene garadhu important illai? Depth dhan important!! Adhai KBai vida BR nalla director ngara perla betroyed panni irukar i feel. for pengaluku!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

svaisn
28th July 2005, 08:02 PM
Dear all.
So ugly side nga ra topic la KB and BR rendu perukumae equal share iruku nu idhai stop pannikalama?
Idhil yar evvalavu fim.evvalvu scene garadhu important illai? Depth dhan important!! Adhai KBai vida BR nalla director ngara perla betroyed panni irukar i feel. for pengaluku!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

shankar neenga stop panaalamnu soliten...

last sentence yedhukku....

BR had movies which mainly concentrated the grey area (Manmadha Leelai and Valibame vaa va)

but whereas our KB had few scenes in almost all his movies...

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 08:04 PM
Dear all.
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Dear Ushajii,

Yes, both of them are legends and had ruled the industry for long.

We should touch their negative themes and probably analyse but not the negative ( vakra ennangal ).

You are right.

The distinguished forum viewers of this posts will definitely vouch for this. I am sure.

S.Balaji
28th July 2005, 08:15 PM
Dear Balaji....

Wow great list of "Jency", I surprised. You memorised too much songs of her. I also great fan of Jency ( a gem brought up by Ilaiyaraja).

But still I am having doubt about "oru iniya manadhu" song. Because several years before, when I attended a music programme of Jesudoss, Sujatha was in that group as a small girl, with paavaadai, thaavani.

She sung all songs of various singers and this song also. Before she sung, she announced that this is her first song in movie and Ilaiyaraja and Mahendran gave that oppertunity for her.

Thatswhy I am in doubt, same like svaisn.

Hello Saradhajii,

I had to dig out the websites to get the list of Jency and finally got into this TFM . I am convinced that Jency could have lasted longer in the industry but only IR was giving opportunities.
In fact most of her songs were glorious hits.

Incidentally, have you heard of the song - Paniyum neeyay malarum naanay - Jency and SPB - music by Shankar Ganesh. ANother nice song .

Rarely she sang for other MDs

Sanguine Sridhar
28th July 2005, 08:45 PM
:D Hi cute friends..I will be back 2morrow..Have to go now... Sharadha,shankar...ready for a gud healthy competition 8)

tvsankar
28th July 2005, 11:58 PM
Dear all,
I want to tell something!!!
In Devar magan, kamal azhagaga oru unmaiyai kaati irupar.
In that film. Kamal thannal mudindha alavuku nalla vidhamaga iruka try pannuvar.Anal Nazar vida maatar.
End of the movie, kamal veru vazhi illamal Nazarai kolai seidhu viduvar.Seidha kolaiku punishment nichayam!!
Andha madhiri, indha thread oru nalla healthy thread nu ninaichu dhan vandhaen.Anal adhu nijam illai.
Anal vandhadharku enaku undana result kedaichadhu.
Nichayam naan vedhanai padugiraen!!! Ella thread ai pol idhuvum oru kupai thread dhan!!!!!
This is my personal opinion!!! Thats all!!!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

saradhaa_sn
29th July 2005, 10:17 AM
Dear Usha..

Please dont get disappointed. As per my view all the discussions in this thread are healthy one. Sometimes the participants will be hard to prove their side as strong. It is quite common.

Even Beckham, Balaji, Nilavupriyan fight for Bharathiraja, I was supporting your side (I mean K.Balachander) only. You can see in all my postings. So, dont get disappointed and disappear from this thread.

We need your valuable comments regularly.

sarooo..

Sanguine Sridhar
29th July 2005, 10:33 AM
Ok if i m the reason i'll quit! u guys carry...cauze after i came in i think everything went wrong. I don want to break any healthy discussion. Guys i didn made comments purposfully..I am sorry if it hurts somebody..bye!

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 11:04 AM
Ok if i m the reason i'll quit! u guys carry...cauze after i came in i think everything went wrong. I don want to break any healthy discussion. Guys i didn made comments purposfully..I am sorry if it hurts somebody..bye!

Goodmorning to you all,

Dear Beckham,

You have not mentioned anything bad or unparliamentary in any of your posts in this thread and you need not feel bad for anything.

You should continue to post questions and we are here to answer. THis is a very healthy forum and I am seeing nice debates and discussion on social issues and I love them.

Keep it up.

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 11:09 AM
Dear all,

Andha madhiri, indha thread oru nalla healthy thread nu ninaichu dhan vandhaen.Anal adhu nijam illai.
Anal vandhadharku enaku undana result kedaichadhu.
Nichayam naan vedhanai padugiraen!!! Ella thread ai pol idhuvum oru kupai thread dhan!!!!!
This is my personal opinion!!! Thats all!!!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.

Dear Ushajii,

Never in this forum, to my mind, someboday had crossed decency. I went through the length and bredth of this entire thread and did not find anything bad or worth editing out.

Infact, we have been anlysing various social issues that come out of movies and how the 2 greats have handled in their respective movies.

Please carry on your good work and continue to post healthy discussions.

All the best

S.Balaji

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 11:15 AM
Dear Usha..

Please dont get disappointed. As per my view all the discussions in this thread are healthy one. Sometimes the participants will be hard to prove their side as strong. It is quite common.

Even Beckham, Balaji, Nilavupriyan fight for Bharathiraja, I was supporting your side (I mean K.Balachander) only. You can see in all my postings. So, dont get disappointed and disappear from this thread.

We need your valuable comments regularly.

sarooo..

Dear Saradhaji,

I think there is a very healthy and contructive discussion / debate going on in this forum and I didnt find anything silly or unparliamentary . I wish you all continue to contribute your valuable comments on all threads including this.

If you all see my first post, I had started by admiring both the giants of Tamil film industry. The objective is find out from various angles , who was better and who was weak on which aspect.

Honest, I sincerely believe that all participants have not crossed any of their limits.

All the best for more healthy discussions / debates.

Anbudan

S.Balaji

By the way, I will be posting my thoughts on Jency in the thread - WHERE ARE THOSE SINGERS ?? Pl see that as you are a Jency fan also

alwarpet_andavan
29th July 2005, 12:40 PM
Dunno if this point's already been made here.
BR was the first in TF industry to break away from the studio and get to the outdoor locales in 16 vayadhinile. It was pathbreaking film in every sense.

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 12:53 PM
Dunno if this point's already been made here.
BR was the first in TF industry to break away from the studio and get to the outdoor locales in 16 vayadhinile. It was pathbreaking film in every sense.

Alwarpet, This point was not discussed early. Thanks for highlighting and bringing new dimension to this thread.

Yes BR brought refreshing change to that mundane old practice of indoor shootings.

Other guys who followed him - Balu Mahendra / Mahendran etc etc

You should know the basic reason - BR is a lover of nature and is obssessed with playing with camera . That is the prime reason.

By the way, Sridhar was also a pioneer of outdoor shootings . He is altogether a different class and cannot be compared with anybody as he was always ahead of times during his days.

Again the same Sridhar also tried one unique concept. THe entire move - Nenjil oru aalayam - was made indoor !!! . Are you aware of this ??

saradhaa_sn
29th July 2005, 01:19 PM

Hello Beckham, please dont think so.....

All your previous posts have been enjoyed by us and they all are healthy ones.

This post only makes hurt on us....

Please be with us, for further healthy discussions...

saroo.....

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 01:23 PM
Hello dear ones,

Lets analyse the characters introduced by KB and BR ,

I think KBs - Eru kodugal - Sowcar - Real class - a very cultured IAS Officer maintaining her dignity. I have no words to describe , rather searching for words to appreciate KB for this lovely character creation.
Again, kaviya thalaivi also - the same Sowcar

Aval oru thodar kathai - Sujatha - At one stage VIjay kumar will ask her - Yenna unmanasu yenna kalla ? SHe will respond by singing that lovely one from SJ - Kannilay enna undu kangal than ariyum. I love Sujatha character in that movie

About BR- Puratchi thamizan - Sathiyaraj - Vedam pudidhu

Shivaji - Mudhal mariyaadhai

Kamal - 16 vayadinilay

Kizakku cheemayilay - Vijay kumar / Chitti

etc etc. Any comments pls ???

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 01:26 PM
Hello dear Beckham

After all you are Beckham, Beckham never quits . The real Beckham also has lot of issues and controversies but he never quits.

I want a nice posting from you sooooooon.

Sanguine Sridhar
29th July 2005, 01:34 PM
:oops: OOPS! I am back :D

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 01:38 PM

Dear Beckham,

In the midst of all my office pressures and targets , I am browsing this great TFM only to get myself relaxed and share all my thoughts and also get wonderful exchange of thoughts from others.

WIsh to share with you that I got two wonderful sisters through this forum . Such forums only develops friendship and mutual respect for each other.

I am writing this from a far off country - Uganda

where THERE IS ABSENCE OF CULTURE / MORAL VALUES / TRADITION

Yes, I admire our country for our values, religious practicies , religous tolerance, guidance imparted by our ancestors and the rich tradition we have.
What we are exchanging in forum is all healthy social topics besides entertainment .

Carry on mate . Stay cool

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 01:41 PM
:oops: OOPS! I am back :D

Thats great mate !!! Welcome back.

I want a customary FREE KICK from Beckham !!!

Sanguine Sridhar
29th July 2005, 01:41 PM
KB i think he himself thinks that he is genius and intellectual...probably this idea has arised on him a little before. I am not at all against KB but when you compare with BR ... KB has to come one step back. BR's movie "Pasumpon" was an excellent one. He deals with family problems which also happens quite often in all the family.

Balaji - You said we should approve Widow's remarriage right..In Pasumpon BR has shown remarriage with Sivakumar.

Also "Kizhakku Seemaiyley" was a class movie.In which the brother/sister centi's along with maman/machan ego'ism was potrayed beautifully...

S.Balaji
29th July 2005, 02:24 PM
Dear Friends,

THough I am diverting from the main topic, wish to add one more point about Sridhar. He is known for trying something new in his movies.

In Nenjirukkum varay - He tried something which no actor / actress would have liked to have - He presented the whole group without any make up !!!

I must say that most of the characters were looking terrible and awful. Thats the power of make up !!

S.Balaji
31st July 2005, 08:43 PM
Hello friends,

I think KB is very successful in Small screen which BR would not have been as he plays through camera often

Here I wish to highlight 2 lovely serials KB brought in :

1. Rayil snegam
2. Kayyalavu manasu

Rail sneham story goes like Nizalgal Ravi is a widower and has a daughter who loves Vetri ( doordharshan actor ) but as they are in college level ravi objects to it and locks her in a room. Daughter shouts at Ravi saying that he is out dated .
Obviously the daughter gets upset and while roaming in that room she comes across one diary of ravi and starts reading it. The story goes further like this. It gets into various terrians and finally the girl realises that she is a daughter of one woman who was molested by somebody but Ravi was graceful enough to accept her and gets married to her and also brings the baby up in life.

On reading this line, the daughter weeps uncontrollably and surrenders totally to Ravi .

It was a wonderful serial and we enjoyed it during those days.

2. Kayalavu manasu is an epic serial wherein KB brings all his trade mark directorial touches and flashes of brilliance.
Two characters I can never forget - Geetha's and of Prakash Raj's

Here he showed that great friendship can be maintained even in elderly stage of one's life. THe serial was absolute class

It was un-KB like !!!

Great 2 serials.

Any comments pls ??

Nerd
1st August 2005, 08:41 AM
Yes, I remember those two serials.. RP and KM.. KM is probably the last serial i saw till the end.. very touching with some excellent acting by renuka and geetha and that little girl.. That ranks as my favourite TV serial

btw, BR has forayed into the small screen with his "Tamizh Thirai".. has anyone been able to watch that channel?? what are they showing?? I guess its on air now :D

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 10:37 AM
Hello Kasi,

I am in Uganda now and what we get on Tamil Channel is only Sun TV and that too a recorded version for a month !!!. There is no direct connectivity here . I am missing all our channels here.

What about there ?

Nerd
1st August 2005, 12:05 PM
Hello balaji

Here in US sun tv and KTV are the only two channels and I m not having either of them :D

My bro has got sun tv, so whenever I go there i ll enjoy that!!

Dunno anything about BR's TT yet.. juz read somewhere that its been launched...

btw, how many desis are in uganda?? just curious :lol2:

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 12:13 PM
Hello balaji

Here in US sun tv and KTV are the only two channels and I m not having either of them :D

My bro has got sun tv, so whenever I go there i ll enjoy that!!

Dunno anything about BR's TT yet.. juz read somewhere that its been launched...

btw, how many desis are in uganda?? just curious :lol2:

Hello kasi,

Roughly 10k desis only here !!! and that concentrated mostly in Kampala - the capital city . Again the majority among desis are Gujjus followed by Marvadees and bits and pieces of Tamil and Malluus.
Kampala city is a wonderful city - almost like our Bangalore

Nerd
1st August 2005, 12:24 PM
Thx Balaji sir :D

Happened to watch Muthal mariyathai over the weekend, again... Let me quote a few evergreen scenes from that movie..

1. That *Ilavatta Kal* scenes
2. Meen kuzhambu scene
3. Satyaraj scene
4. The scene in which shivaji and radha meet in the jail..
5. Shivaji and radha confessing their love..

These are just a few and to say that all the scenes in that movie are evergreen, is not an overstatement.

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 12:30 PM
Thx Balaji sir :D

Happened to watch Muthal mariyathai over the weekend, again... Let me quote a few evergreen scenes from that movie..

1. That *Ilavatta Kal* scenes
2. Meen kuzhambu scene
3. Satyaraj scene
4. The scene in which shivaji and radha meet in the jail..
5. Shivaji and radha confessing their love..

These are just a few and to say that all the scenes in that movie are evergreen, is not an overstatement.

Dear Kasi,

MM is a poetical movie. BR totally controlled Shivaji as he used him only for his facial reactions and very very few limited dialogues.
There was no overacting and it was a real salute to the IMAYAM OF INDIAN FILM INDUSTRY.

The only irritating element in that movie - Ayya enakku oru unmai therijaaganum character !!!. That dialogue became a comical point in several plays of S.V.Sekar subsequently !!

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 12:35 PM
KB with Shivaji !!!

I wonder why KB did not venture with Shivaji.

May be the style is different and KB imposes his style on all his characters and that may not fit in for Shivaji ??

Sanguine Sridhar
1st August 2005, 12:38 PM
BR introduced Vairamuthu :D

Nerd
1st August 2005, 12:38 PM
Well BR imposed his own style on shivaji and it turned out to be a huge success...

KB imposed his own style on super * and it also turned out to be a huge success..

so, sad that it dint happen, KB and shivaji

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 12:43 PM
Well BR imposed his own style on shivaji and it turned out to be a huge success...

KB imposed his own style on super * and it also turned out to be a huge success..

so, sad that it dint happen, KB and shivaji

Kasi,

BR plays visually and dialogues seldom come in his movies and amazingly that BR - Shivaji combination worked well but BR used him very smartly on his facial reactions including the scene - Adee neethaanaa andha kuyil - Here Shivaji will show a sense of relief on seeing Radha and will acknowledge by lowering his eyes down and go up ( that he has done in several movies is another story !! )

Again , for Rajini, KB is his Guru and Mentor and KB could contro him

Nerd
1st August 2005, 12:48 PM
Actually KB came into the field in the 60s long b4 BR entered... yes its a mystery that KB dint use shivaji...

S.Balaji
1st August 2005, 12:53 PM
By the way, I thoroughly enjoyed Shivaji in - Dhavani kanavugal - Here bagyaraj showed him in 2 styles -

1. Intial stages - full of comedy and small fights between SHivaji and Bagyaraj and
2. Second stage - Shivaji guiding the family in the absence of Bagyaraj
3. The last few scenes with Parthiban ( oops Parthiban was very very lean in that movie !!! )

Jilaba
7th July 2007, 05:29 PM
This is a nice thread, and should be continued further with more discussions about these two great directors.

Nerd
8th July 2007, 12:03 AM
Its funny to read posts that are almost two years old :oops:

prasana84
8th July 2007, 12:27 AM
balachandar is a legend who has introducd superstar,kamal,vivek,a.r.r(roja was produced by kb) he creatd trends n his creativity is unbelievable. bt barathiraja also a grt a legend did somethin new
4 be balachandar is the best

smith1
10th July 2007, 01:44 PM
KB targetted the middle class, their lives, feelings, relationships etc., while BR targetted the rural folk.

So, comparisons may be futile.

KB did direct sivaji in 1 film - ethiroli. It also starred SSR & K.R.Vijaya.

Devar Magan
10th July 2007, 02:00 PM
Barathiraja undoubtedly..

dsath
10th July 2007, 02:08 PM
This is a nice thread, and should be continued further with more discussions about these two great directors.
Jilaba, i would be very interested to hear your views on these two directors, esp in the treatment of women characters in their movies. :)

raaja_rasigan
10th July 2007, 02:08 PM
Barathiraja undoubtedly..

For me too :D

A man of varieties....

kadhal, sogam, thriller, pen urimai, velai illa thindattam, city based, village based, old man's story (andhi mandharai) endru anaithilum kalakkiyavar