PDA

View Full Version : Was she insulted?

Niranjana
18th July 2005, 11:41 AM
Even as a teenager, I felt insulted about this, what do you feel?

My sister & husband had been to Dubai recently(during the shopping festival time in march). She had given a lot of things to her mother-in-law, like Yardlysoaps, bedsheets, artificial flowers etc. The mil kept the soaps(Yardly) etc in the cupboard for months and gave it away to the servants yesterday, in front of her. My sister felt very insulted. Earlier, mil has given things (that my sis gave) to her sister, aunt etc but this????????

The funny thing is Mil always complains about the servant otherwise!

Badri
18th July 2005, 11:57 AM
Even as a teenager, I felt insulted about this, what do you feel?

My sister & husband had been to Dubai recently(during the shopping festival time in march). She had given a lot of things to her mother-in-law, like Yardlysoaps, bedsheets, artificial flowers etc. The mil kept the soaps(Yardly) etc in the cupboard for months and gave it away to the servants yesterday, in front of her. My sister felt very insulted. Earlier, mil has given things (that my sis gave) to her sister, aunt etc but this????????

The funny thing is Mil always complains about the servant otherwise!

Your sister went to Dubai recently, and given gifts to her MIL, and yet, your MIL had them for months in the cupboard!! Hmm!!

Anyways, do discuss this in the MIL vs DIL thread. No need really to open a separate dedicated thread.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=169494#169494