PDA

View Full Version : ~ Forget the bitter past ~

kpriyachary
21st July 2005, 09:06 AM
Wanna forget your past ?

Forgetting the past is the most easiest thing in life..

Of all the things the most easiest is getting out of the past
No wonder, you may even think what kind of person is she ?
But I know am talking sense...

Lets talk about the worlds anthem - ofcourse its LOVE.

Say you are madly, deeply in love with a person...
you might be totally inclined towards his/her love and you might even feel
to buzz out of world.. if you feel that relationship might not workout as expected ...

But tell me truly.. how many of you .. <there might be sure of lotts people reading this blog> who had some broken crushes, who had survived by some broken relationships.......but tell me true to your conscious... aren't you living now ?

May be , you might say that you are merely existing but not exactly living..

But at the end its that " you are LIVING......" you just cant deny the fact
So its that you are able to overcome the failures...

Why dont we realise that and step in future..... its possible ..Believe me !

So , this is it....any thing... beleive me anything in this world
can be tolerated, can be survived... failures are jus passerby

Believe me , am not telling its easy to forget past..
but rather am saying it isn't that tough to forget the past...

and ofcourse i agree , it even depends on mind and hearts strength,
Yeah , a strong and confident person can take jus a week nearly , may be even less to forget the past....but for a mild hearted person , it might take a month, maximum a year ... that tooo thats the worse case am talking about...

The present always has the capability of erasing the past.. but it always happens this way.

Its like passing through a dusty road, even after you scale forward, you will feel the dirts all over you....while passing through.. but if u keep looking back the path you walked.. it jus fills your eyes with the dusty path again.. so dont you feel its better to look ahead?

Present just works like pills... it keeps giving bad and sour remembrance often about your past . yeah i understand each and every little thing will remind you his/her presence...but as days goes by, your mind jus cultivates hatred towards re-visiting the past , so is your heart.

I hope even this blog of mine is a strong pill for you.. yeah am damn sure, you would have got reminded of your past... but this present blog would have surely given you a feeling.. a feeling of strength to over come your previous stops....

So buddies... jus try to take the present as the sweet pill and survive the past.
Thanks for your time.

"Anything is possible in world.. if you are ready to compromise with time "[font=Courier, monospace]

Shekhar
21st July 2005, 09:55 AM
Kpriyachary,

Frankly I don't understand this 'forgetting the past' issue.
Why should one forget the past? Past has given us experience and hell lot of knowledge. You want me to forget what I learnt yesterday, and start afresh every day?
Our brain has its own mechanism. All the unpleasant experiences are invariably pushed to background and cannot be recalled easily. That is the defence against repeated suffering.
Forgetting is not voluntary. You cannot even if you want to.
To say 'forget the past' is glib. We should only conciously ensure that the 'past' doesnot negatively interfere in our decisions of the present.

lordstanher
21st July 2005, 10:26 AM
Frankly I don't understand this 'forgetting the past' issue.
Why should one forget the past? Past has given us experience and hell lot of knowledge. You want me to forget what I learnt yesterday, and start afresh every day?
Our brain has its own mechanism. All the unpleasant experiences are invariably pushed to background and cannot be recalled easily. That is the defence against repeated suffering.
To say 'forget the past' is glib. We should only conciously ensure that the 'past' doesnot negatively interfere in our decisions of the present.

Shekhar,
for once I agree w/ u mate! :wink: :thumbsup:
u've really got a valid point.......we shudn't condemn everything from the past as unwanted........there r many things worth learning from it by remembering them........! :D

a.ratchasi
21st July 2005, 10:37 AM
Guys, the poor girl is talking about lost love. :P :wink:

Akash
21st July 2005, 10:42 AM
priya chary, its really good... dusty road comparison is cool!!

Badri
21st July 2005, 10:43 AM
Guys, the poor girl is talking about lost love. :P :wink:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

kpriyachary
21st July 2005, 10:58 AM
lordstanher ,Shekhar , a.ratchasi & badri

Hey love was jus a example taken.. since love plays a major role in making
many re-visit their past..

and i jus wanted to convey what i felt for bitter past..
i always cherish my better past .. coz it gives a very nice meaning for living.. so the topic was all about forgetting the bitter past..

anyways thanks for ur comments

kpriyachary
21st July 2005, 10:59 AM
Akash,

thanks !

kpriyachary
21st July 2005, 11:03 AM
Kpriyachary,

You jus cant say that its impossible to forget.. i say its possible and thats the reason for my blog

xlntbarani
21st July 2005, 12:21 PM
Hi.. KP..

the topic is good..

As.. I too agree with all your points.. but cant agree in the Whole..

Its not Cant..

I wont.....

Actually... In some thread.. when I came in.. to the hub.. I wrote some thing which nears this topic... but i am not sure... whether the 'write-up' answers this or over rides or diverts... but..

Will check it..

and If it doesnt suits - too.. will give the answer

how I agree with your points and
How I wont agree in the Whole.. K

Shekhar
21st July 2005, 12:58 PM
Kpriyachary,

You jus cant say that its impossible to forget.. i say its possible and thats the reason for my blog

I think we are on different grid altogether.
Scientific, psychological truth is that memory cannot be voluntarily erased from your mind. so you cannot voluntarily 'forget' something. Forgetting is always involuntary.
To say I can 'forget' is an anamoly in sequence because the moment you 'try' to forget, you bring the very thing on to the concisous surface of your mind.
What you mean perhaps is to develop equanimity towards unpleasant experiences of the past to avoid emotional disturbances from them.

xlntbarani
21st July 2005, 05:34 PM
"Anything is possible in world.. if you are ready to compromise with time "

//Forgetting the past is the most easiest thing in life.. //
yes... for memory less people and for those who dont need to keep the past in mind... and those who are in NEED to forget it...

//Of all the things the most easiest is getting out of the past //
yes...
fortunately Sekhar has raise a 'severe' question here...

Why should one forget the past?

Past has given us experience and hell lot of knowledge.

You want me to forget what I learnt yesterday, and start a fresh every day?

Defence against repeated suffering was done by brain's own mechanism.
All the unpleasant experiences are invariably pushed to background and cannot be recalled easily.

You cannot even if you want to.

We should only conciously ensure that the 'past' doesnot negatively interfere in our decisions of the present.

Fine.. presentation of the 'forgetting the past' issue.. from a different angle

Shekar...

Priyachary.. defines the issue invariably ....
for whom they need to forget the past
and suffer with - without ...
by recalling without trying to push it back...

is it.. Madame...

//
Lets talk about the worlds anthem
- ofcourse its LOVE.
//

//
Say you are madly, deeply in love with a person...
you might be totally inclined towards his/her love and you might even feel
to buzz out of world..
//

// if you feel - that relationship - might not workout as expected ... //
-------- than that's not LOVE ---- just an infactuation or fluctuation ------

//
But tell me truly.. how many of you ..
<there might be sure of lotts people reading this blog>
who had some broken crushes, who had survived by some broken relationships.....
..but tell me true to your conscious... aren't you living now ?
//

Fine question ...
I assure you Mme..
Nobody will tell the truth

cause..

Nobody (who had/have/has - broken crushes)
knows
how it happened, happening

coz -
every moment of the tick
a question will arise innnn..
(actually waht happen ed/ing/es)

//
May be,
you might say that
you are merely existing
but not
exactly living..
//

True...

//
But at the end
its that
" you are LIVING......"
you just cant deny the fact
//

Sure...

//
So its that you are able to overcome the failures...
//

So... if the failures are over rided..
than
we can think that...
we have/had forgetten .. is it...

Mere Joke

//
Why dont we realise that
and
step in future.....
//

Every body doing it...
as and according
to their wish and
circumstances...

//
its possible ..Believe me !
//

True I belive...
that its possible to overcome failures

//
So, this is it...
any thing...
beleive - anything in this world
can be tolerated, can be survived...
//

Em...

//
failures are jus passerby
//
Yes..

//
Believe me,
//

No...
Believe You..
and
Belive Your-self

//
am not telling its easy to forget past..
but rather am saying
it isn't that tough to forget the past...
//

So.. this is the answer for the Question raised

Wanna forget your past ?

//
and ofcourse i agree,
it even depends on mind and hearts strength,
//

the answer comes to an end with the Self... of the person who NEEDS to.. K

//
Yeah, a strong and confident person can take jus a week nearly, may be even less to forget the past.... but for a mild hearted person, it might take a month, maximum a year ... that tooo thats the worse case am talking about...
//

Point ...

//
The present always has the capability of erasing the past..
but it always happens this way.

Its like passing through a dusty road, even after you scale forward, you will feel the dirts all over you....while passing through.. but if u keep looking back the path you walked.. it jus fills your eyes with the dusty path again.. so dont you feel its better to look ahead?
//
Nice analogy...

//
Present just works like pills...
//

You know one thing... Pills treat the Pain .. not the Root Cause

//
it keeps giving bad and sour remembrance often about your past.
yeah i understand each and every little thing will remind you his/her presence...
but as days goes by,
your mind jus cultivates hatred //

will it... then the fill yourself with the previous answer of mine
---- ITS NOT LOVE --- just a fluctuation -------

//towards re-visiting the past, so is your heart. //

//
I hope even this blog of mine is a strong pill for you.. yeah am damn sure, you would have got reminded of your past... but this present blog would have surely given you a feeling.. a feeling of strength to over come your previous stops....

So buddies... jus try to take the present as the sweet pill and survive the past.
Thanks for your time.
///

Sorry for the INTERPRETATION

but the Concept and the Context are nice to follow

//
No wonder, you may even think what kind of person is she ?
But I know am talking sense...
//

Dont bother for others Wondering...
Continu.. what you think
and
Do what you Do...

Best of Luck

Shekar..
Priya is not talking about the technical mechanism of Brain
She is talking and making
Pshycological pill for a Nice sleep...

So Let her Continu...

Bye See You.. All

Anoushka
21st July 2005, 05:47 PM
I'd say instead of trying to forget the past - which I am not sure is the right thing to do, just let go :) Letting go helps a lot!

NM
21st July 2005, 07:58 PM
No matter how I try, I can't forget the bitter past! :cry: You learn from the past, u can put it behind you, but you can never forget it! Especially if it's LOVE! I agree with shekhar and Anu! 15 years on.....and I can still remember!! But I've learnt to put it behind me and start a new life!! :wink:

malligai
21st July 2005, 09:38 PM
Why should anyone forget their past?? :roll:

My Past is my Navigator for my Future. Every experience that i had in the past tells me how and where to go, and how and where NOT to go in the future.

So i relish and treasure my past experiences, no matter whether they are good or bad..

:smile2:

stranger
21st July 2005, 09:40 PM
Kpriyachary, Frankly I don't understand this 'forgetting the past' issue.

You make a silly mistake and meet with an accident and kill one person.
It is not your fault. Something went wrong the "make of that particular model car". Your conscience is trying to kill you.

Dont you want to forget that scenario in your life??? One of the greatest lossses you caused to an innocent one and his/her family?

Or you will enjoy recollecting such a bitter experience everyday? Or will you be able to go and convince that family, ever??

I dont understand why it is so hard to understand here? :)

Past has given us experience and hell lot of knowledge. You want me to forget what I learnt yesterday, and start afresh every day?

I think it was meant "bitter experince"!

e.g. one has been molested, abused, raped, OR harrassed by her/his idiotic boss who apparently was hired by another idiot or of that sort.

Forgetting is not voluntary.

I think brain works differently to different individuals when it is dealing with some specific issues > It may be based on the morals they had been taught and the experiences of that particular brain's "owner".

Some brains can do some miracles but some others cant!

How should one do that, then? :roll:

Is there a "universal remedy" for that, which will work on any human brain?

Please spell it out! :)

ssanjinika
21st July 2005, 09:53 PM
I think the sentence here should be

"Try not to dwell in the past"

What is the point in crying over spilt milk?What has happened ,happened and nothing can change it. Whether you hurt someone or someone hurt you the prudent thing would be to put it behind you and get on with your life. You probably would'nt ever forget it but you shouldnt keep thinking about "the event". Put it in the heaviest folds of the mind and not conciously think about it.It'll probably be immpossible the first few days but slowly the process of slipping "the event" where it belongs in the heaviest folds of the mind will start.

dlaxmi16
21st July 2005, 11:34 PM
Past lies in everyone, but the best aspect to consider to live successfully in the present & future is rather than hanging on to those past experiences, is to learn & use those experiences is the best approach to make our future living better..

let past not be present ,
nor past be our future..

Let past be past,
so let present be present
then future will be future..this will make life easier!!

:D :D :D

blahblah
22nd July 2005, 03:00 PM

My Past is my Navigator for my Future. Every experience that i had in the past tells me how and where to go, and how and where NOT to go in the future.

So i relish and treasure my past experiences, no matter whether they are good or bad..

Probably the only post that makes some sense here!

Why should anyone forget or 'let go' the past?It is better to understand the past,analyse it and learn lessons from it.

Malligai,I particularly love that sentence,"My past is my navigator for my future" :D .

rami
22nd July 2005, 03:49 PM
"Forget the bitter past"

Better to say .... Very bitter to practise...

Anoushka
22nd July 2005, 07:17 PM
Rami :)

Actually it is difficult to forget the past.. but as I said if you learn to let go then it is not so bitter any more! I used to feel bitter about so many things till I learnt to let go! And once I discovered that, I realised life wasn't that bad after all! I haven't forgotten things but it doesn't hurt anymore!

malligai
23rd July 2005, 08:29 PM

Probably the only post that makes some sense here!

Why should anyone forget or 'let go' the past?It is better to understand the past,analyse it and learn lessons from it.

Malligai,I particularly love that sentence,"My past is my navigator for my future" :D .

Thanks, blahblahblah.... :)

malligai
23rd July 2005, 08:30 PM
oopss..sorry..i added an EXTRA 'blah'... :lol:

Idiappam
23rd July 2005, 10:13 PM
oopss..sorry..i added an EXTRA 'blah'... :lol:

Never mind! It sounds complete now!

malligai
23rd July 2005, 10:33 PM
Saba,

:lol: :lol:

achoo...now blahblah is going to be 'cross' with me, for extending his name...

aama..idhu thaan 'pichu odharadhaa'?? :lol:

Shekhar
24th July 2005, 08:44 AM
Kpriyachary,

Why should one forget the past? Past has given us experience and hell lot of knowledge. You want me to forget what I learnt yesterday, and start afresh every day? ...

Hey! This is what I said in the beginning of this thread. and blahblah gives credit to malligai and she takes it!!! :wink: 8) 8) Great!! :D :D

Quote:

How should one do that, then?

Is there a "universal remedy" for that, which will work on any human brain?

Please spell it out!

Stranger,

Forgetting is automatic defence mechanism of the brain to make life bearable. How fast we forget depends upon the severity of the unpleasant experience. In case of extreme trauma people don't even remember what happened. It is off almost instantaneously.
Also true how fast people forget differs from individual to individual and depends upon their capacity to withstand mental and physical pain. Strangely it is the 'weak' people who cannot withstand suffering forget it fast and move along normally. Which explains innumerable instances of helpless women who lose their husbands and still make their lives with their children almost miraculously.
To handle one's past positively needs maturity and a philosophical attitude towards life. I think handling past becomes easy once we realise life cannot be generalised and every day is different. If somebody has cheated me in the past, and if I don't believe anybody, presuming anybody may cheat, is not mature. We should learn from experiences and move on..