PDA

View Full Version : My favourite food

dev
31st July 2005, 03:22 PM
Hi all,

Pls post ur favourite dishes here & the recipes if possible... :wink: :)

Niranjana
31st July 2005, 06:22 PM
Bonda Chutney
Poori Masala
Tomato Rice- cucumber Raita
Chapati- Kurma
Masala Dosa
Onion Uthappam
Egg Bhaji
Parippu Vada
Idli Sambhar Vada
Pav Bhaji
Malai Kofta- Naan
Veg Biriyani
Naan- Paneer Butter Masala

Channa Batura
AlooParatha

tvsankar
31st July 2005, 07:15 PM
Vegetable Dosa with spicy onion chutney
Naan with aloo gobi masala
tomato soup and noodles
Usha Sankar.

Niranjana
1st August 2005, 09:14 AM
Usha Sankar? What's that?

dev
1st August 2005, 09:29 AM
That's the hubber's name... :lol:

Niranjana
1st August 2005, 12:33 PM
oh lol! I thought that was a fav dish...........lol!

Niranjana
1st August 2005, 12:39 PM
I love

Rice/Sambhar/Pappad/Cabbage thoran ...............yum!!!

tvsankar
1st August 2005, 05:58 PM
Niranjana.
:lol: Sorrry~!!!
With Love,
Usha Sankar.
food namekum nammoda namekum diference theriyalaiyaa ungaluku :lol:

hehehewalrus
2nd August 2005, 02:22 AM
usha sankar-ji
neenga noodles-a poi favorite-nu solli time eduthu suvaiya cook panra dishes ellathayum insult panniteenga :)

Niranjana
3rd August 2005, 01:47 PM
I love

Egg Rice
Egg Curry
Egg Bhaji
Egg Roast

Malli chamanthi --Bread sandwich
Pav Bhaji
Samosa
Spring Roll

Niranjana
4th August 2005, 06:40 PM
I love Noodles with lottttts of stir fried veggies & Tomato Sauce.............lol.I'm such a food freak!

tfmlover
4th August 2005, 09:23 PM
yummy lasagna with lottts sauce /ricotta cheese..
bruschetta
spanakopita peloponnisos, moussaka
...mouth watering......haaaaaa

Niranjana
4th August 2005, 10:33 PM
I love this Turkish sweet called Baklava- somewhat like our Halwa....... :P

tfmlover
5th August 2005, 05:27 AM
Baklava is more of layers stuff pastry kind
our halva solid

Anoushka
5th August 2005, 07:34 PM
Baklava is nice so is Tiramisu :) Tfm you are right, Baklava has layers of pastry!

I like noodles too, but I don't use Maggi type two minute noodles... I stir fry all veggies (red/green capsicum, mushroom, carrot, beans, peas, corn, onion, ginger, garlic, chillies) separately, boil noodles (generally rice noodles or egg noodles) separately and then mix the two on a wok and fry them with a tiny bit of soy sauce, malt vinegar and tomato ketch up .... mmmm... yum :)

rain
5th August 2005, 09:10 PM
hi anoushka,

i like noodles too esp the chowmein variety :P . but i don't know which brand is the best and easiest to make at home.there are so many varieties here in US......it's tough! and can i use the italian pasta(like angel hair)for cooking the chinese style?will be glad,anoushka,if u can suggest some typical kind of noodles and the method how to cook them.thanks in advance,

rain

kavithasenthil
5th August 2005, 09:15 PM
c the below link for noodles..

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=2334&start=0

tfmlover
7th August 2005, 08:42 AM
noodles many types depending thikns too
meaning chow mein(fried)(hokkien)/lo mein(tossed)/rice noods( vermcli)
genenerly veges meat stir fried then noodles added
(italian spgetti noodles wont taste the same..its meant for meat sauce pasta dishes )
then again the cooking type..Cantonese, Mandarin ? or Szechaun?
try any chines mein, filipino -pancit, indonisian mie ,japnse-menrui korean -myun , malaysiam -mee ,thai /viatmse -mi..these are widely available

tfmlover
8th August 2005, 07:45 AM
forgot to tell this
even typical italian noodles are not same spaghetti regulr
then again capellini made with duram wheat, linguine is flattened spaghetti .
thanks

rain
12th August 2005, 12:15 AM
hi kavitha,

wow! that's a lot of info----thanx a ton for the noodles thread.will try some of them soon.regards,

rain

rain
12th August 2005, 12:17 AM
hi tfmlover,

thanx 4 ur input !

rain

malsi
18th November 2005, 07:58 AM
i like tomyam ( a thai dish ) and fried rice

Alan
26th November 2005, 11:06 PM
I've been wondering why we do not have a thread like that where hubbers can state what their fav food is & give its recipe. You could also narrate an interesting anecdote that you associate with a particular food.

I hope everyone will like this new thread.

To start with, I love this golden brown South Indian snack called "Parippu Vada" - its so yummy! When I was working in Madras/Chennai for a while, my landlady, a good old Tamil Brahmin lady ( Mrs Vedavalli ) used to make Parippu Vadas for tea. I was a paying guest. And when I said I was having these for the first time & loved them, she made them often. Though she used to take money for the other food items, Parippu Vadas were absolutely free!

I haven't had such yummy Parippu vadas since I left Chennai in 2002!

Lambretta
27th November 2005, 02:38 PM
Well, as for my fav. food.......um.....depends on my mood but yes, its always Indian (& veg.)! :wink: :D
Altho my 'standard' meal choice is curd rice w/ a nice curry (of a veg. tat I like) and sum spicy South-Indian pickle (tats a must!!).......
Or if ever there's no pickle around, I pick out the red chillies from the curry/sambhar & squeeze out the juice from them to mix in the rice.......! :)
And yes, for snacks plain Dosa /w tomato 'chutney' (altho made like a curry!).....
Btw, sorry for the digres'n but Alan, were u staying at Tambaram Sanitorium when u were in Madras?? 'cos a relative of mine (mom's cousin) by the same name (Vedavalli) lives there......

Alan
27th November 2005, 06:12 PM
No, LS, I was staying near Egmore Railway Station. Do u know that area?

Lambretta
27th November 2005, 06:15 PM
No, LS, I was staying near Egmore Railway Station. Do u know that area?
I do know it as we once took a train from there but donno ne-one staying in tat area....:)
Btw, since u lived in Madras, did u try getting habituated to coffee or r u still stuck on chai & lassi?? :wink:

Alan
27th November 2005, 07:39 PM
U sure know the tastes of a Punjabi Munda! LOL!

Well, it all depends on my mood & the time of the day. I like tea in the morning, lassi ( not very particular) at midmorning. I even like the South Indian version of the same, Sambaaram ( but not too spicy). I like Bru as well as Filter Coffee in the evenings /nightesp when I do some writing!

Lambretta
27th November 2005, 07:53 PM
U sure know the tastes of a Punjabi Munda! LOL!
Yup, I had a couple of punjabi sikh friends for a while 2 yrs ago, when I was in Singapore (one of them got into modelling & became Mr. Punjab, on returning to Ind. in '03).....also used to go w/ them to a Gurudwara there to eat very often.....
I might add for the mods. tat 'Munda' is actually punjabi for boy, not ne offensive word (unlike in South langs., esp. Telugu where it means widow!) :)

I like Bru as well as Filter Coffee in the evenings /nightesp when I do some writing!
I stopped taking coffee at night when I was told tat it prevents u from sleeping at tat time.....!
My father wud readily take it netime tho! :)

Alan
27th November 2005, 09:11 PM
Munda in Telugu means widow? Wow man! That's gross!

Lambretta
27th November 2005, 10:19 PM
Munda in Telugu means widow? Wow man! That's gross!
Yea.......gross esp. since its used more commonly as a curse word/abusive insult for women! :x (Tamil = Mundai)
Neways, not very pleasant stuff to talk abt, moreover causing a digression here........so we'll cut it here! :)