PDA

View Full Version : Which is your favourite Ornament?

Shekhar
1st August 2005, 02:54 PM
[tscii:3bd312ed6a]Here is what I found in an old magazine. It seems a study of 489 women from five states, Tamilnadu, Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh was conducted by a group of PG Pshychology students.

Can the hubbers tell us how true they are?!!

Extract:

Your choice ornament can tell you what you are !
What is the ornament you like most in exclusion to others ? Look below for what it says about you.

Toe Ring : Insecure. Highly dependent. Needs somebody for protection.

Ankle chain : conformist. society’s norms are ultimate and cannot be questioned. Has desire to be noticed, but no courage to be different. Ironically, hardly you find great dancers in this category.

Bangles : Silent sufferer. Has lots of tenacity. No great ambition. Rarely grows above average though she has potential. Under estimates herself. Compassionate.

Finger ring : Artistic. Has fine taste. Craves for good and luxurious things. Hates gaudy and loud things. Highly independent. Gets what she wants. In the process could be ruthless at times.

Necklace : Vain. Wants to show off. Tends to exaggerate her possessions. No tendency to be intellectual. Wealth remains top of her priority list. Breaks down fast.

Ear studs : Seeks safety in being average. Make do attitude. Envious of others attainments. Ambitious, but no perseverance to attain it.

Nose stud: Very Romantic. Seeks attention of men. Chooses her own way. Knows her mind. Not scared of society’s comments. Tends to find herself in trouble due to her attitudes. Can also rise to great heights.

Tattoos : Wild. Does not know what she wants. Groping for direction.

Extract from Indian Psyche, An exploration. March 99.
[/tscii:3bd312ed6a]

hehehewalrus
1st August 2005, 03:14 PM
Eagerly waiting for a blood spilling battle between a.ratchasi and Shekar!!
:twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

nirosha sen
1st August 2005, 04:30 PM
Isn't all of the above, the normal get-up for Indian women???? So, could one safely say, that everything analysed applies to each and everyone of them????

I must admit though, that I have a natural abhorrence of women, who wear rings on every finger and few chains in addition to their necklaces or chokers!!

I wonder what one could say abt them????? :roll:

NM
1st August 2005, 05:58 PM
my fav is finger ring.....but not on every finger...Niro :D :D

Ratchasi ...where are u?? :wink:

Shekhar
1st August 2005, 06:34 PM
Isn't all of the above, the normal get-up for Indian women???? So, could one safely say, that everything analysed applies to each and everyone of them????

I must admit though, that I have a natural abhorrence of women, who wear rings on every finger and few chains in addition to their necklaces or chokers!!

I wonder what one could say abt them????? :roll:

I suppose it is the ornament a woman likes MOST that is considered for personality profile.

I think the project people did not come across any women who had rings on all the fingers, other wise sthey would have come up with something. :lol: :lol:

pavalamani pragasam
1st August 2005, 07:21 PM
Utter rubbish, to say the least :twisted: A classic example of the stupidity in all the surveys of modern times :lol:

rajraj
1st August 2005, 09:21 PM
my fav is finger ring.....but not on every finger...Niro :D :D

Ratchasi ...where are u?? :wink:

No NM! You should wear one in every finger. You will get more respect from your 'avar'. Who wants to be punched with fist full of rings? :)

hehehewalrus
1st August 2005, 09:23 PM
I am reminded of the Phantom ring impression which Phantom leaves on the chin of his enemies :D

Click to view
http://www.toyzine.com/sale/movie/Phantom_Ring_lg.jpg

NM
2nd August 2005, 06:00 AM
Raj.... :evil: :twisted:

a.ratchasi
2nd August 2005, 06:42 AM
I least expected Shekhar to come up with such a thread. Had to read the title again just confirm whether it was by Shekhar or Niranjana. :lol: :lol: :lol:

As for the study itself, *sigh*.

Most Indian women do wear most of the above mentioned ornaments anyway.

Sorry, walrus & NM, let me come out of the shock first! :)

Btw, NM, rajraj is correct. You will never know when it comes in handy (pun not intended). :lol: :wink:

NM
2nd August 2005, 06:54 AM
AR...to tell u the truth, I re-read the thread several times and made sure Shekhar is spelt the way it's always spelt..... :lol: and not by a newbie who goes by the same name or somethin'.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
So, out of shock yet?? :lol:
Hmm...thinking abt Raj's advise now...seriously!! :lol:

hehehewalrus
2nd August 2005, 07:30 AM
Had to read the title again just confirm whether it was by Shekhar or Niranjana. :lol: :lol: :lol:

ha ha ha ratchasi in form :D

Sorry, walrus & NM, let me come out of the shock first! :)

yes yes, we know you are just warming up. We are waiting for the full fledged onslaught :)

Shekhar
2nd August 2005, 10:04 AM
OK. ratchasi and NM...

I knew it was coming!! :roll: :roll:

But why do you think only you have the right to be fools? Allow me also to be atleast once in a blue moon?!! :wink: :D :D

I thought men can't understand women. Looking at the confusion of not knowing what they like most, Now I know even women can't understand themselves!! :lol: :lol:

blahblah
2nd August 2005, 11:22 AM
Bangles : Silent sufferer. Has lots of tenacity.

Surely this is a result of Shekhar's close observation of his own wife.Why put it in the name of a nameless survey then?? :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

a.ratchasi
2nd August 2005, 11:43 AM
[tscii:a8c2dd2b08]
OK. ratchasi and NM...

I knew it was coming!! :roll: :roll:

But why do you think only you have the right to be fools?

:lol: :lol: Is that all you could come up with, Shekhar?
And how 'wise' of you to remove walrus from your fools' list.
*sigh*

Allow me also to be atleast once in a blue moon?!! :wink: :D :D

Dear, you are most welcome. Though, please bear in mind that your 'once in a blue moon' leaves deeper impact than us common folks. I dont wish to take away your limelight. By all means, carry on... :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

I thought men can't understand women. Looking at the confusion of not knowing what they like most, Now I know even women can't understand themselves!! :lol: :lol:

Yadayadayada

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Toe Ring : Insecure. Highly dependent. Needs somebody for protection. For female: I am married. Dont bother me. For Male: I am married. My wife will bother you.

Ankle chain : conformist. society’s norms are ultimate and cannot be questioned. Has desire to be noticed, but no courage to be different. Ironically, hardly you find great dancers in this category.
Meant for dancer wannabes. Has desire to be noticed but nobody care to notice them

Bangles : Silent sufferer. Has lots of tenacity. No great ambition. Rarely grows above average though she has potential. Under estimates herself. Compassionate. Yeah, she's waiting for the right guy so that she can wriggle her wrists filled bangles to attract the guy.

Finger ring : Artistic. Has fine taste. Craves for good and luxurious things. Hates gaudy and loud things. Highly independent. Gets what she wants. No problems so far In the process could be ruthless at times. So what? Give her what she wants then!

Necklace : Vain. Wants to show off. Tends to exaggerate her possessions. No tendency to be intellectual. Duh! Who else would want to walk around wearing a necklace nowadays? Wealth remains top of her priority list. Breaks down fast.

Ear studs : Seeks safety in being average. Make do attitude. Envious of others attainments. Perhaps she wants to wear a necklace but is just too shy to walk around with it. Ambitious, but no perseverance to attain it. See previous remark

Nose stud: Very Romantic. Seeks attention of men. Chooses her own way. Knows her mind. Not scared of society’s comments. Tends to find herself in trouble due to her attitudes. Can also rise to great heights. No comments

Tattoos : Wild. Does not know what she wants. Groping for direction. If she knows what she wants, why would she still be groping for direction? :roll:
On the contrary, most girls now do know what they want. And tattoos are cool :thumbsup: :wink: [/tscii:a8c2dd2b08]

hehehewalrus
2nd August 2005, 11:46 AM
Ratchasi summava mechanical engineering(a men dominated subject) padichaanga :D

scorpio
2nd August 2005, 11:47 AM
a.r,

:rotfl:

NM
2nd August 2005, 01:53 PM
WoW AR! didn't know you had it in you....! :thumbsup: :rotfl:

Shekhar..........poor boy!! After months of hibernation, you sure need to come up with somethin' more punchy, deary!! :lol:

a.ratchasi
2nd August 2005, 03:00 PM
NM, at least now you know it!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink:

NM
2nd August 2005, 07:01 PM
AR...since i'm gonna retire soon, I think it's just good timing that i've discovered you to be my blonk successor..... :notworthy: I'll hv to let the dearest queen scorps to bestow the title on you tomorrow.... :D :D naal paarththu, nEram paarththu.......etc etc :lol:

Querida
5th August 2005, 07:05 AM
so unornamented women are perfect? That means every single desi and otherwise woman is perfect atleast once a day....unlike their ever hopeful counterparts :roll: :twisted:

rajraj
5th August 2005, 08:02 AM
AR...since i'm gonna retire soon, I think it's just good timing that i've discovered you to be my blonk successor..... :notworthy: I'll hv to let the dearest queen scorps to bestow the title on you tomorrow.... :D :D naal paarththu, nEram paarththu.......etc etc :lol:

Don't give up 'blonking' ! You will need it! :)

hehehewalrus
5th August 2005, 08:25 AM
Shekar neednt worry too much about the attacks. He knows that for some, the "taming of the shru"..err, shrew is about to happen sooner or later :D

hehehewalrus
5th August 2005, 08:25 AM
blonking na enna artham?

blahblah
5th August 2005, 11:40 AM
blonking na enna artham?

I was wondering who will first gather the courage to ask that, Walrus.Let's ask the queens. :lol:

I think 'bonk' is the word.

Then remember what Manmohan said at Oxford?It is something like,"You may not understand the language we speak,but we assure you that it is English"! :lol:

Shekhar
5th August 2005, 02:15 PM
Shekar neednt worry too much about the attacks. He knows that for some, the "taming of the shru"..err, shrew is about to happen sooner or later :D

I wonder why women enjoy bashing a nice harmless person like me so much?!! Must be in the basic nature of women to try to destroy all that is nice. See what they do to their own husbands?!! :D :D

Incidentally, there is no word in english like 'blonk' nor 'bonk'. Ofcourse women say anything and get away with it!! :lol: :lol: These blonk queens have taken all the hubbers for a ride till walrus woke up to it!! :) :D

hehehewalrus
5th August 2005, 02:38 PM
These blonk queens have taken all the hubbers for a ride ... :) :D

Since there is no word called blonk, dont you think you shud change that to "blank queens"? :D

NM
8th August 2005, 07:42 AM
All the queens are smart enough to know the word does not exist but we were waiting for at least one smart guy to come up with the question......GOOD for you, walrus,...... :lol: :lol: :lol:

These blonk queens have taken all the hubbers for a ride till walrus woke up to it!! hmmm.....including you too, i see :wink: