PDA

View Full Version : What does "Thalaikol" mean?

Jughead
8th August 2005, 02:52 PM
Anybody know what this word - Thalaikol mean? Please Share.

buddysathi
19th August 2005, 01:56 PM
stick in the head,, "Thalaila aapu" nu artham..

buddysathi
19th August 2005, 01:57 PM
:wink: aiyuo,, chumma sonnen,,I'll find out & let uknow asap

Mya
14th September 2005, 06:52 AM
thalaikol? thalaikul?>>>within ur head? thalaikula? within ur mind? thalaikula periya ninaipa? LOL... juz jokin i was trialling the word...i took a stab at it LOL...sorry i don speak no senthamil, but i love ma roots!

r_kk
14th September 2005, 05:59 PM
[tscii:f3152b5e2d]“KoL” means “take over” for example, “kadalkoL” means land taken over by Sea (Tsunami). Kol means “kill”. Thalai means “muthanmai” or “head”. So “Thalaikol” means “taken over by chief” or “bring the head (without body!”. So when you intent to use, be careful. It may be grossly understood and you may end up in police station.

Sorry I am just joking… let me come to the point. In real sence it partially mean the same thing. "taken over from chief" .....

Thalaikol:
It is stick made out of the white umbrella (ven kotra kudai) of famous opponent king after his defeat (chased away. Running (showing his back!) particularly). The winner removes the sharp edges and ties it with precious stones and jewel. This stick is considered as the presence of Indiran’s son “Jayanthan”. As per silapatikaram, before Manimekalai’s first aranketram, people bring the “Thalikol” (on elephant) after washing it with holy water.

If you want to check the above just Google for “Silapathikaaram” or ask our famous forum hub Tamil historians “FSGandhi Vandayar” or “Solomen”. They may give tons of reference starting from Sindhu Civilization (totally two different meaning!)
[/tscii:f3152b5e2d]