PDA

View Full Version : ARR Vs YSR Vs HJ

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4

vijayr
9th December 2005, 02:32 AM
and one more thing..while you may have talked with a lot of people who might have liked the album you shouldnt let that influence your opinion much on the album. If you have changed your opinion on your own after some time, thats fine.

app_engine
9th December 2005, 03:23 AM
bayangara investigation'A irukkE, vijay:-)

Music4Ever
9th December 2005, 04:23 AM
Vijayr, then I probably spoke too soon, before the numbers grew on me, I guess. In any case I would like to revise my opinion on Kumari at least now. I think there is no harm in changing the outlook if there is a preponderance of opinion that goes the other way, since then it forces me to look at my own opinion and check whether I was uncharitable to the MD, to being with. Not being a music buff myself, I guess in this instance I was, and so this can be taken as my revised view. As for the comparison with Boys, I believe I should not have done that. Hypocrite and all that! My bad. Full marks to HJ, IMO.

dinesh2002
9th December 2005, 10:07 AM
hahahaa...ok guys...cool it... :lol: ,music4ever,its good u can enjoy anniyan songs,im happy for u,but ur opinion cannot change our views on anniyan songs,im sure ull realise it later that anniyan songs has no speciality.... :wink: i agreee with vijay,those classical song doesnt have that 'kick' thingy..u know..like make us flow along with it... i hope the classical number in Godfather will satisfy my needs of classical song... :D:D... anywayz,its funny if we debate about anniyan songs now,its like too late :P:P... and the songs already sounds irksome.but 1 thing is really funny...if anniyan songs were taht great/famouse/superb how come he didint get all the super movie offers?? shockingly all the projects that is the highlights of 2006 is with ARRahman,if anniyan were that great,those offers should have been offerered to harris no? :?

Dheenaa2
9th December 2005, 03:59 PM
:shock:

Anybony want to download ARR,AMIR KHAN's combo new albusm

"RANG DE BASANDHI" use this link...

http://www.aamirkhan.org/home.php

abbydoss1969
9th December 2005, 07:43 PM
In Anniyan he has not been able to do justice to the hype created by a Shankar movie. ARR, on the other hand, matched the hype for Boys with good music (i.e., music that suited the mood of the movie
Comparing the music of Boys and Anniyan is like comparing apples and oranges,Folks, you're completely mixing up the genres.
As you probably know, love stories with youth give maximum scope for good music, as can be seen throughtout film history.And the reverse is also true that action movies are hardest to give good music.(though there are plenty of exceptions)
So, if you want to compare the music of Aniyan do so, with Muthalvan, Indian etc.
If you want to compare Boys compare it with another youth ful love story like; Minnale.
And you come to whatever conclusion you like.But dont mix up different genres.!

m_23_bayarea
9th December 2005, 09:06 PM
:clap: :clap:

In Anniyan he has not been able to do justice to the hype created by a Shankar movie. ARR, on the other hand, matched the hype for Boys with good music (i.e., music that suited the mood of the movie
Comparing the music of Boys and Anniyan is like comparing apples and oranges,Folks, you're completely mixing up the genres.
As you probably know, love stories with youth give maximum scope for good music, as can be seen throughtout film history.And the reverse is also true that action movies are hardest to give good music.(though there are plenty of exceptions)
So, if you want to compare the music of Aniyan do so, with Muthalvan, Indian etc.
If you want to compare Boys compare it with another youth ful love story like; Minnale.
And you come to whatever conclusion you like.But dont mix up different genres.!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

dinesh2002
9th December 2005, 09:17 PM
abydoss....nice topic...Mudhalvan - Anniyan...

music4ever,now tell us...

Music4Ever
10th December 2005, 10:09 AM
Dinesh, both have good music. I am sure you are dissatisfied with my answer. :)

dinesh2002
10th December 2005, 04:23 PM
Dinesh, both have good music. I am sure you are dissatisfied with my answer. :)

:lol: :lol: :lol: im waiting 1 day until u will say 'harris albums r better than arrs album.... :lol: i know that day isnt very far :P

jml
12th December 2005, 02:01 AM
In my opinion there is no question about ARR being better than HJ. ARR is definitely better. And I think YSR too is better than HJ though HJ is reported to receive higher payment than YSR. I just loved all the songs in Minnalae. He showed absolute mastery and control in that movie. But after that, honestly, "Gulmohar Malarae" is the only song I feel to be in the same calibre of the songs of Minnalae. I havent heard all of his songs after Minnalae. But the songs I heard are not very good... for example 12B, other songs of Majnu, Anniyan etc. It looks like he is trying hard to make good different music. He uses a lot of techno sounds and effects. He really makes them sound perfect but the songs as a whole dont sound great. He just doesnt seem to have the free flow he had in Minnalae. Sorry, if there are other great songs of him which I havent heard.

Scale
12th December 2005, 02:48 PM
x-ml to j-ml?

jml
13th December 2005, 12:20 AM
haha 'ml' stands for music lover

Pavan
15th December 2005, 09:54 PM
My 1st post here..

Its completly rude to compare ARR-HJ-YSR

comon..its like comparing Sachin with dhoni,pathan,sehwag

Diffrent era--diffrent times..

comon..when arr entered it was out and out compltly illayraja domination in tamil film music..and he ended it..with roja--Revoulanised indian film music.... and other hit albums.

He is the one who has got amazing success rate of 85%....

Hj-YSR are good...but are not best or great.

ARR and IR are great...dont compare..

ARR is like a sunshine to me...he may rise and set down in evening...but remeber sun always rises and when sun rises it gives enough light to all...to the peace..to the enjoyment of all..

wat ever..these new breed compasers have lot to learn..they can leanr from those 2 legends...

i think YSR is good..he improves but awk..this harris jayraj..leave it..no comments on him..

now those who are ready to pounce on me...let me tell..

Dont agree with the fact that "rahman revolutionised indian film music with roja?" dont say me or dont tell me its wrong..i didnt say this...its somewhere some group of persons told this and all over the indians accept this as a fact..its true..

IR is great...but i still go for Rahman..comon..melodies..ok good..but just to enjoy urself..u need these type of songs..

"pettai rap","Mukkabula", "Girlfriend", "Anbe Aaruyire","telephone manipol" and hell lots more...

These type of songs r pulse of youth..

and one more thing..todays dapankuthu mass songs and fast food type of songs..

always remember....

Music with Class is always better than Mass

ARR rocks..and rocks in big time..

and if i rank my fav 5 composers it wud be..

1.ARR
2.IR
3.YSR
4.Mani sharma
5.Vidyasagar

rest have long way to go..

said lot more here..thanks if u wud have read it fully..

dinesh2002
18th December 2005, 07:23 PM
Guys,only today i watched Totti Jeya,and i knew 2 things :

1.Yuvan Shankar Raja's song in that movie is not Samba Samba but its Intha Oore which was sung by gals when they were in Kolkatta.I noticed the typical YSR touch there,and Samba Samba clearly had Harris's touch with the base.Shockingly i didint see any part where they credited YSR for Samba Samba.

2.Sonnalum - Kadhal Virus tune was used as BGM.The line "Nathiyaena naan nadanthaen,Nanai thadutthum kadanthaen, Kadaisiyil kalanthaen, kadalae " was used as the BGM when Gopika will be sleeping n the train after missing the train & Simbhu wanted to wake her up,the same music comes up again when Gopika reaches her home back.

Scale
19th December 2005, 01:26 PM
TJ that uppu karuvadu song, his choice for singer SM :banghead:, the way he sings :twisted: , exact BG ripoff :hammer:.

Ranjith is another singer rite? :lol:

coucou
23rd December 2005, 05:33 PM
forthcoming movies:
yuvan's pudhupettai, arr's godfather, hj's vettaiyadu vilayadu
who win?

dinesh2002
23rd December 2005, 07:13 PM
forthcoming movies:
yuvan's pudhupettai, arr's godfather, hj's vettaiyadu vilayadu
who win?

machan,all r releasing in diff dates/months...im not sure bout puttupetai,but GF movie on feb,VV probably on June only...how to compare machan?

coucou
23rd December 2005, 09:19 PM
WILL VV RELEASE IN JUNE? R U SURE?so what's the forthcoming album of hj?

Scale
5th January 2006, 01:17 PM
No one knows about forthcoming albums of HJ? :huh:

ansa400
5th January 2006, 05:20 PM
VV,a film with Jeeva, Chennayil oru Mazhai Kalam, a telugu movie.

ansa400
5th January 2006, 10:01 PM
There is nothing interesting from HJ coming up ,except for VV, this year. :huh: One would've expected him to bag many offers after "Anniyan", but this dint happen. Some ppl claimed b4 its release that "Anniyan" would be to HJ what Roja was to "ARR" and ARR would face the same situation what IR faced afer Roja. As a matter of fact it is ARR who has more projects(Big ones too)than HJ this year. :lol:

interz
6th January 2006, 02:27 AM
U forgot to mention NOrth Madras Pasangal, with a new director, sounds interesting.

njv
6th January 2006, 09:37 AM
ansa400

I couldnt control my laught when I read "Some ppl claimed b4 its release that "Anniyan" would be to HJ what Roja was to "ARR"

who was that genius anyways!

njv
6th January 2006, 09:45 AM
"No one knows about forthcoming albums of HJ?"

HJ declined all offers because he is focusing on BGM of VV. The movie is so trendy that he is making every effort to give an international touch. Unforunately the only director who work with HJ all the time is Gautham. Since HJ cost more now, he can not be used for smaller productions as well.

2006 will be ruled by YSR in terms of no. of movies & no. of hits.

For ARR 2006 is also a good year, since he is doing 2 major films, Shivaji and Dasavatharam (apart from other films like ZOK etc)

IR has good number of movies but nothing exciting except RGV movie.

VS will always have his share, typicall mass masala movies.

Rest of them - doesnt matter. You may find one or two surprises by other MDs but nothing more.

rajdes
6th January 2006, 11:51 AM
That RGV movie may not be great shakes either. The fact that RGV is going back to square one may mean that the guy is running out of saleable ideas. Nagarjuna is a old man with a sagging market in Andhra. Nag never had a speakable market any where else in India anyway. RGV's music taste is debatable - Shiva presumably came at IR's peak and benefitted from it and Rangeela similarly benefitted from ARR's largesse.Look at his telugu movies immediately following Shiva - nothing to write home about. Look at his post-ARR movies - nothing much to write home about either. So, I dont think RGV can extract much from IR unless IR is in a particularly philanthropic mood on that day :-)

njv
6th January 2006, 12:16 PM
i dont rate RGV as a good director either except shiva ofcourse, but just a hope that the pair can do something (like onok with faazil - better than IR's other albums)

njv
6th January 2006, 12:22 PM
btw HJ telugu movie is Stalin, *ing chiru & trisha , directed by armurugadas (gajini!)

rajdes
6th January 2006, 07:23 PM
njv, for that to happen
a) RGV has to come up with a fantastic script that inspires IR
or
b) RGV should be a director with strict standards for music in his films and have a track record of extracting good music for his movies

Surely, (b) is not possible The only movies of RGV with good music have basically been the MD's gifts.
a) doesnt seeem likely given his recent track record and the very fact that he is going back to square one by going back to Shiva - also his current venture is a REMAKE OF SHOLAY. his previous venture was , take this, an inspiration(nay, heavy inspiration) from God Father. I wouldnt place much hopes on such a man's current creativity form.

Given that, the only thing that can inspire IR is a non-filmi album that would let him indulge his creative cells. But after TIS, who is going to pay for it? Not that there is solid proof that he swindled anyone in TiS but more or less that is the image being spread around.

ansa400
6th January 2006, 07:47 PM
HJ declined all offers because he is focusing on BGM of VV.
Ithe Build-up thaan ANNIYANukkum vittar Mr.HJ!! :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

The movie is so trendy that he is making every effort to give an international touch.
International Touchnnu sollitu International Lift pannama irundha seri. :lol2:

sloshed
6th January 2006, 09:13 PM
it is become easier for ppl to ridicule HJ... what can i say .. that s guy is the MD of the year... put HJ on side of the scale and all the others on the other side.. that will not even balance out.... guyz .. just stop this general picking on HJ.. its getting stale.. and u know who is having the last laugh .... 2005 HJ ruled.. songs and movie wise...

I rememeber u created AH AH vs Ghajni... GHajni thumbed Ah Ah .. both collection wise and song popularity wise... ( i thought everybody saw the top songs of 2005 at the end of the year) .. but yes .. the wisdom of yours will still keep arguing.. Anniyan was a disaster.... Ghajni is nuthing new.. Thotti Jaya is bulll.... I think we know what other MD's came up with this year.. Need not comment on it.. if u really want a start a war on what others did.. i am game..
Just give credit where its due.. i think Yuvan and HJ .. probably some extent VS will rule 2006... ARR need not be mentioned in the same breadth as these ppl.. he is a proven master with IR..

btw.. Oh sukumari .. is still the song of the year for me..

just brilliant...!!

ansa400
7th January 2006, 09:03 AM
Each and every song is getting popular with the current publicity and continuos viewing in TV channels. But still, b4 the movie release it was Ah Ahh which had better response than all the movies u mentioned and it had all the ingredients to be a chartbuster. Suddenly after the movie released it turned the other way round. It all depends on the picturisation which is crucial. Only the 2 songs from Gajini became hits, the reason being that it was neatly picturised. THe other 3 songs went off without a trace.TJ was an average movie, better than Ah Ahh, why the songs were not hits? HJ is riding on the film's success, that's it.If Ah Ahh was done by HJ it wouldn't have been in the T0p 10 for sure. For a film which is an utter flop, no big hero or heroine, but still figuring in Top10 songs of the year - all credit should go to ARR.

BTW, if O sukumari was ur song of the year, then "En uyir Thozhiye" should be the song of the millennium. :lol:

ansa400
7th January 2006, 10:21 AM
[tscii:d2efebf7e1]HJ is not doing "Stalin".

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?cid=2408

What are your forthcoming films?
Right now, I am doing the music of Vetayadu Vilayadu, Gautham Menon directed film. I will be doing Jeeva’s next film and Chennaiyil Oru Mazhaikalam and North Madras Pasangal with a new director. I’m also busy in Telugu composing for Gunasekhar’s next film with Mahesh Babu.[/tscii:d2efebf7e1]

Pavan
8th January 2006, 02:08 PM
HJ declined all offers because he is focusing on BGM of VV.
Ithe Build-up thaan ANNIYANukkum vittar Mr.HJ!! :lol: :lol: :rotfl:

The movie is so trendy that he is making every effort to give an international touch.
International Touchnnu sollitu International Lift pannama irundha seri. :lol2:

haha..well said Ansa :lol: :lol: :lol:

Scale
9th January 2006, 02:40 PM
Forget the past (quality-wise). The real test to this thread comes in 2006 (BO success).

HJ - VV & 1-2 more. VV will be a sure hit.

VS - Paramasivan, aadhi, thambi etc... another 3-5 more albums

YSR - PP, Kal Kadhali, Vallavan, Pattiyal n more......

ARR - GF, JOK, Sivaji 1 more (apart from other hindi,intl ventures)

IR - Is anyone with the list of movies?

Only big scope for HJ is VV. VS seams to have similar stuffs for the likes of ajith,vijay, maddy songs. The real clash will be YSR & ARR. YSR has already come up with PP, Kal Kadhali, and it will continue with Vallavan (youth) etc..

For ARR, even if GF has average songs, he will have a descent start in 2006. JOK (hot pair,youthful) for romatic duets, melodies etc looks promising. Sivaji at the end of the year obviously has high expectations. Rajini the name itself is capable of turning his songs a big hit irrespective of shankar's grand picturisations.

In between, if he is gonna come up with another Puli or dasavatharam then an auspicious year is ahead for ARR/tamil fans & industry assuring maximum success. :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
9th January 2006, 03:57 PM
Somebody want to know IR's upcoming projects. I list,

1) Naan Kadavul
2) Kamal's next movie
3) Surya's next movie = ram gopal varma

and vazhakkam pola some uppumas

ansa400
9th January 2006, 07:29 PM
Think JOK and VV will release during the same time(April).
After Gajini V. Ah Ahh, this year it will be VV Vs. JOK :thumbsup:

vijayr
10th January 2006, 02:22 AM
"Kamal's next movie "

which one? even Dasavatharam hasnt been commenced yet

karthik_sa2
10th January 2006, 03:36 PM
2006 will be ruled by yuvan and arr.hj can just sit and listen to all the songs made by arr in 2006 trying to come up with hits in 2007 lifting from arr's 2006 albums

Pavan
11th January 2006, 08:20 PM
its harsh to say that competition is between arr and ysr..

no way..its not a competion..bu t a good healty thing that will happen for tamil film music..

Remeber guys its Rahman who took Indian music to world...gave them the recoginition they have now..

His music has no boundries..a tamil song composed by him will be an equal hit if its dubbed in hindi or in english also..Thats his music..

Tka eother mds...dapankuth songs..mass songs..nothing else..and no one will also dare to take these md's in national ventures..

Pavan
11th January 2006, 08:22 PM
2006 will be ruled by yuvan and arr.hj can just sit and listen to all the songs made by arr in 2006 trying to come up with hits in 2007 lifting from arr's 2006 albums

haha..i hate that guy harris..

and karthik..u made a very very good statement...superbly said mate.. :lol: :lol: :lol: :D :D :D

i remeber once a guy in yahoo msgr..came and ask me how wud u define Harris jayraj...

suddenyl came thought in my mind...a definition for harris--

"Recycle bin of A.R Rahman" :lol:

baba88
11th January 2006, 08:51 PM

1) Naan Kadavul
2) Kamal's next movie

Kamal's next movie is Dasavatharam - Music by ARR
Surya's movie after JOK - Jothika's Home Production - Music by ARR
Naan Kadavul dropped - Bala started a new Project

karthik_sa2
11th January 2006, 09:33 PM
"Recycle bin of A.R Rahman"

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Sanjeevi
12th January 2006, 01:55 PM

1) Naan Kadavul
2) Kamal's next movie

i mean next to next :lol:

baba88
15th January 2006, 01:44 AM
Vote for your favorite MD at this site: www.ennavale.com
At the top of this website there is the link.
Only a Info not advertising.

dinesh2002
16th January 2006, 01:40 PM
Success is a sweet melody
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, January 12, 2006]

Harris Jeyaraj emerged the numero uno music composer last year thanks to big hits in Anniyan and Ghajini. With a host of offers coming his way, Harris Jeyaraj is now all keen to continue his good run.

'The big success of my songs last year has given me fresh energy to continue the good job. It is the success of my hard work', he says.

Asked whether he considered himself a right competitor to A R Rehman, Harris says, 'certainly not. I am a great fan of Rehman. I love his music. Thankfully Kollywood has got abundant talent and I feel happy that I am also a drop in that big ocean'.

On venturing to foreign countries for composing songs, Harris Jeyaraj, 'there is no disturbance there. It also creates a curiosity among film distributors in foreign countries, who evince interest to buy the film'.

Asked whether he is planning to go global on the footsteps of Rehman, Harris Jeyaraj, says,'I love composing music for Indian films. It is here that music is given due importance and, compared to Hollywood, music directors are respected more here'.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/19690.html

Djpak
16th January 2006, 04:19 PM
Deleted

great
16th January 2006, 07:20 PM

1) Naan Kadavul
2) Kamal's next movie

Naan kadavul is not dropped.....

ansa400
17th January 2006, 10:54 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7516.html

Watch VV trailer from the above link. It has some RAP song as a background music. Guess HJ has lifted it from somewhere(From Pubs/D'theques in the US???), but the trailer looks rich.

dinesh2002
17th January 2006, 11:32 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/7516.html

Watch VV trailer from the above link. It has some RAP song as a background music. Guess HJ has lifted it from somewhere(From Pubs/D'theques in the US???), but the trailer looks rich.

yea...movie looks damn good...jothika looks very hot....and for the music....r u sure its by hj?coz it sounds good :lol:

baba88
17th January 2006, 06:55 PM
I think Harris Jeyaraj took a young boy from Us streets and let him rap the song. Not great song but I think the album will be a great success. The movie looks like a hollywood movie.

sloshed
18th January 2006, 01:27 AM
hmm ... trailer is out... and just a few bricks soo far....

baba... not great song but album will be a success .... sounds like its becoming a norm for all HJ's movies.. did he have a flop last year ???

anywayz.. i will let you guyz do the bashin atleast till the movie releases...

sloshed
18th January 2006, 01:29 AM
anywayz I am glad HJ chose a rap for the trailer.. I think its funky and just raises the expectations of the movie by another notch .. i think its going to be racy ....

good luck and waiting to see a proper kamal 's movie.. these days i can only see a comedian in his name

vasanth2006
2nd February 2006, 06:02 PM
Nowadays YSR is doing some excellent work at his own style (even ARR told in one interview).

IR is Evergreen Star (his music will not die. After 1000 years also his music will be popular among the peoples. That is great and extraordinary.)

ARR made variety of music and has taken the music to International level. But it is the time of ending for ARR.

HJ has not much talent. He is doing somewhat ok. He has to show his talent in all areas (folk, good carnatic etc.)

But YSR has taken the music to next level with the new style. Melody with western is his success formula. He is doing always some innovative things. He is very strong in western arena.

Comparing to others (HJ, ARR) he is doing more number of films with great quality (some exceptions like dass) it is difficult to compose more number of films with good quality than doing 1 or 2 films in year with quality.

But he should be very careful at film selection.

This is YSR era; he will rule the industry for coming years.

So Now YSR is the real superstar of TFM.

dinesh2002
2nd February 2006, 06:33 PM
Nowadays YSR is doing some excellent work at his own style (even ARR told in one interview).

IR is Evergreen Star (his music will not die. After 1000 years also his music will be popular among the peoples. That is great and extraordinary.)

ARR made variety of music and has taken the music to International level. But it is the time of ending for ARR.

HJ has not much talent. He is doing somewhat ok. He has to show his talent in all areas (folk, good carnatic etc.)

But YSR has taken the music to next level with the new style. Melody with western is his success formula. He is doing always some innovative things. He is very strong in western arena.

Comparing to others (HJ, ARR) he is doing more number of films with great quality (some exceptions like dass) it is difficult to compose more number of films with good quality than doing 1 or 2 films in year with quality.

But he should be very careful at film selection.

This is YSR era; he will rule the industry for coming years.

So Now YSR is the real superstar of TFM.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i agree with u on YSR,IR...ARR...ur def lost buddy... :lol: ARR music never dies & alwiz will be fresh..listen to his Roja/Thiruda2/Minsara Kanavu...etc etc which are 10 years +.... the arrangment & the usage of instruments r still fresh and seemed like its composed just months ago...that is ARR! 8-)

Sanjeevi
2nd February 2006, 10:42 PM
Ya dinesh is correct, ARR music has long-life. IR, ARR and YSR are great.

baba88
2nd February 2006, 10:53 PM
vasanth2006 did you not notice that YSR and HJ are doing the same type of Music like ARR ? ARR was the one who tried working in weastern style music. ARR tried to bring Rap into TFM what is now ? YSR has in every album a song with Premji (Rap song). He copies ARR who has always a track by Blaaze. If you have a pattern everybody can make music like YSR and HJ. But IR and ARR had to create a new pattern. That's why they are legends. YSR can bring 100 Hit albums a year but he will not be like his father or ARR.

Music4Ever
3rd February 2006, 08:03 AM
Regarding YSR imitating ARR, listen to his latest number in KaLvanin kAdhali that goes "Eno kaNgaL.." This song is inspired from a ARR's E20U18 number. The ARR song is "santhipoma iravarum santhipoma". The imitation is subtle though and one has to really watch for it. Just my opinion.

sibicalls
3rd February 2006, 08:46 AM
Its very easy to copy some western songs(lyrics including) and release some 15 or 20 albums every yr. If tats wat is all abt composing music then without doubt YSR is the best ..In fact some 10 yrs back Deva was doing it and quite successfully too. If composing quality albums even though less in number ARR is definitely the best .HJ is doing good job but his style being very similar to ARR and by lifting some old ARR songs and others like Passion of christ "Resurrection Theme" he dug his own grave.Wait for God father,Sivaji,JOK and then u will realize wat freshness is and good music is all about.

MADDY
3rd February 2006, 11:10 AM
Gud point by sibi.....adding to it, i come back to my fav point,

What is the new sound that YSR or HJ have created??? u know wat i mean - Annakili was so different to MSV's compositions, Roja was 180 degrees turn on IR's style of music.......in wat way u guys think KNM,KKondein,Poovellam ketupar is different to ARR's music???? y hasnt he been able to bring a totally new sound to TFM??

one more thing, we saw ARR rule HFM and still rocking with RangDB, y hasnt any of his successors havent been able to do so??? are they scared of HFM and Mumbai??

i accept ARR has lost his form but who is there to replace him effectively???

vasanth2006
3rd February 2006, 12:03 PM
[tscii:b8a43ebab5]OK guys! I agree with that IR and ARR are trendsetters and created new patterns.

IR given new dimension to music by using extensive use of folk with carnatic and carnatic with western classical (English style).

ARR given the new dimension like mixing the western rap (South American and English) with carnatic, mixing the Hindustani with western.

But YSR not created any new patterns or trend setting. I accepted.
But he taken the IR and ARR patterns, improved, taken into next level of those patterns and mastered that. (Such that he is using North American cowboy style)
Mind it he is not used IR patterns extensively.

Another Important thing is you cannot make the huge pattern change or trend setting now. Because TFM is exposed to international level.That credit goes to ARR majorly and IR minorly. (Even Though IR is having greater talent, ability and prolific then ARR)

He is inspiring from others (such as pudupettai theme is from godfather, “Manasu rendum parka” from 'A rose in the wind' by Anggun and inspirations from his father’s tunes. These are high inspiration). I accepted.

There is difference between inspiration and copy.

Even the greatest IR and ARR are inspired from lot of others.

But deva is not did the inspiration. He did the copy.

So please don’t compare YSR with deva. That shows that ARR fans are not digested the YSR success like how IR fans are not digested the ARR success.

But to join the elite group of MSV,IR,ARR, YSR should maintain the consistency and quality with minimal inspirations. Because he is in starting of his carrer.
[/tscii:b8a43ebab5]

MADDY
3rd February 2006, 04:06 PM
[tscii:f163fd7bd1]So please don’t compare YSR with deva. That shows that ARR fans are not digested the YSR success like how IR fans are not digested the ARR success.

But to join the elite group of MSV,IR,ARR, YSR should maintain the consistency and quality with minimal inspirations. Because he is in starting of his carrer.
[/tscii:f163fd7bd1]

hey vasanth2006, in the recently concluded Hub-TFM polls it was ARR fans who voted for YSR's songs and there was no YSR fan who voted for ARR's songs or films.....okva, the greatest strength of ARR's fans is ability to appreciate gud music mindless of the composer........

and wat success does ur YSR has had compared to ARR, that we ARR fans are unable to digest. Just compare the first 6 years of ARR and YSR u'll see the difference urself. ARR had won 2 national awards, national recognition,international feelers, record breaking album sales in his first 6 years......

see, i'm not trying to put down YSR, wat i'm trying to tell u is that he hasnt shown the spark/consistency to be considered in the league of MSV-TKR/IR/ARR.......i still think YSR has a chance as he is very young and has a lot of time to achieve wat ARR could.....but as of now he is not in the super league.....

MrJudge
3rd February 2006, 05:53 PM
Wait for God father,Sivaji,JOK and then u will realize wat freshness is and good music is all about.

keep the jokes coming :)

thamizhvaanan
3rd February 2006, 10:57 PM
u r making a significant contribution to the jokes Mr. judge

pooja.shankar
3rd February 2006, 11:01 PM
hey all

thamizhvaanan
3rd February 2006, 11:03 PM
ppl keep telling that ARR and YSR are strong in western. there is one and only one person who mastered western in TFM and that is IR. but ARR has an even wider scope than IR thanx to his international projects. i sincerely beleive his music has got more variety and soul these days

doraip
4th February 2006, 01:46 AM
ARR forgot his music 5 years back. Period.

muzammil84
4th February 2006, 07:04 AM
thambi thorai chumma iruka mudiyillaya, ella topic ithaiye vanthu kodukiringa, i go to call now to Mental Hospital for Arrest You :p

muzammil84
4th February 2006, 07:06 AM
thambi thorai chumma iruka mudiyillaya, ella topic ithaiye vanthu kodukiringa, i go to call now to Mental Hospital for Arrest You :p

Music4Ever
17th February 2006, 12:20 AM
A good yardstick would be who has produced more number of memorable hit music in the last five years. It will be a close call between ARR and HJ, IMO. Of course, career-wise ARR wins. The following are ARR's hits during this period

1) Kannathil Muthamittal
2) Boys
3) KangaLal Kaidhu sei
4) New
5) Kadhal virus
6) Enakku 20 unakku 18
7) Aayitha Ezhuthu

Did I leave anything out? Of the above only Boys was a memorable hit. New and Aayitha ezhuthu may have done well. KKS, although nice, was not that popular among masses, IIRC. Maybe I am wrong.

For Harris, in the same period we have

1) MinnalE
2) 12B
3) Kaaka Kaaka
4) Lesa lesa
5) Gajini
6) Anniyan
7) Chellame
8) Ullam kEtkumE
9) Saami

and may be a few more. Most of the above are big hits (If not at the same level of Boys, at least better than other ARR hits barring perhaps New.).

dinesh2002
17th February 2006, 10:25 AM
A good yardstick would be who has produced more number of memorable hit music in the last five years. It will be a close call between ARR and HJ, IMO. Of course, career-wise ARR wins. The following are ARR's hits during this period

1) Kannathil Muthamittal
2) Boys
3) KangaLal Kaidhu sei
4) New
5) Kadhal virus
6) Enakku 20 unakku 18
7) Aayitha Ezhuthu

Did I leave anything out? Of the above only Boys was a memorable hit. New and Aayitha ezhuthu may have done well. KKS, although nice, was not that popular among masses, IIRC. Maybe I am wrong.

For Harris, in the same period we have

1) MinnalE
2) 12B
3) Kaaka Kaaka
4) Lesa lesa
5) Gajini
6) Anniyan
7) Chellame
8) Ullam kEtkumE
9) Saami

and may be a few more. Most of the above are big hits (If not at the same level of Boys, at least better than other ARR hits barring perhaps New.).

so ur point is???? :lol:

MrJudge
17th February 2006, 01:05 PM
well, according to this week Kumudam, HJ is leading atleast in one area. He has his studio equipped with "DG Design D control" tech. Only two studios in Asia have this tech, one in Japan, another one in HJ's studio.

thumburu
17th February 2006, 02:14 PM
How come Vidhyasagar who gives a steady stream of melodies is left out of this rat race?

Music4Ever
17th February 2006, 07:45 PM
"so ur point is????"

Need I stress that? Look at the title of this thread!

"How come Vidhyasagar who gives a steady stream of melodies is left out of this rat race?"

Someone should correct the title then :) Seriously, VS makes good melodies, but so does IR even after so many decades. I think the music of the three mentioned in the title captures the imagination of youth, at least those who post here, more than VS.

Whether Dinesh likes it or not, HJ is now a serious threat to any MD.

dinesh2002
17th February 2006, 08:06 PM
haahahahah....music4ever...enjoy while it last... ;) ... hj songs were never quality to stick in the race.... he just can churn out hit songs which will b 4gotten after sometime... its the truth even if M4E likes it or not ... :lol: YSR songs r far more quality... listen to Theenda Theenda - TI ... a song which hj cant think of... listen to that !! its a gem!

Music4Ever
17th February 2006, 08:12 PM
Dinesh, you need to come out of your ARR only mindset. Look at the thread "Five best songs of Harris" to understand that there are several hits of HJ which are not forgotten as you claim. I am not the only poster there, if you understand what I mean :wink:

dinesh2002
17th February 2006, 08:44 PM
just checked it... couldnt help remembering its original song... :lol: ofcource it can be remembered thanks to the original... :lol: :lol: :lol: take it cool man... enjoy yr hj song...and its time for me to enjoy GF songs !!! Innisai is amazing !! this is wut i expect from ARR !! :D

Music4Ever
18th February 2006, 09:56 PM
"just checked it... couldnt help remembering its original song... ofcource it can be remembered thanks to the original..."

Come on, don't be such a hard person to please! Those songs listed as five best by many are indeed very memorable. Every MD imitates some song or other (In fact, I can specify a devotional song from which the Gentleman song "en veetu thottathil" was inspired, and there are many more.), so instead of nitpicking give credit when the album becomes a hit.

" take it cool man... enjoy yr hj song...and its time for me to enjoy GF songs !!! Innisai is amazing !! this is wut i expect from ARR !! "

GF songs are good too. I am enjoying all of them now. Let's wait for Vattaiyadu velayadu, its likely competition :wink:

njv
18th February 2006, 11:01 PM
GF songs are good too. I am enjoying all of them now. Let's wait for Vattaiyadu velayadu, its likely competition :wink:

Not at all. KSR is not the best director to extract songs. We know about Gautham and add KH factor to it. The biggest expectation for this year is VV and if HJ meet the expectaion, it will be close to Boys (still Boys lead all the way in recent tfm years)

Sanjeevi
18th February 2006, 11:20 PM
As per thread title ARR vs YSR vs HJ is now GF vs PP vs VV ?

dinesh2002
19th February 2006, 09:25 AM

Not at all. KSR is not the best director to extract songs. We know about Gautham and add KH factor to it. The biggest expectation for this year is VV and if HJ meet the expectaion, it will be close to Boys (still Boys lead all the way in recent tfm years) :clap: :clap:

;)...and music4eva....seriously...i never can remember any Hj songs,when i can still remember Vs & YSR song which was released 10 years back.... anywayz...its great there are group enjoying his songs.... i only remember i enjoyed 12B songs from Hj... the Oru Parvai Paar by Karthik is good.... :wink:

MADDY
19th February 2006, 11:07 AM

Not at all. KSR is not the best director to extract songs. We know about Gautham and add KH factor to it. The biggest expectation for this year is VV and if HJ meet the expectaion, it will be close to Boys (still Boys lead all the way in recent tfm years)

:lol: :lol: ...KH factor.... :lol: :lol: ......

njv, i guess ARR's average album would also give HJ's best album a gud run for its money.........i know sales figures in US & other areas would give a diff picture...if GF movie turns out to be hit then automatically audio will be a major success.....i can see that happening with RDBasanti........so it all depends on the movie doing well....if GF does better than VV then GF will be a bigger hit......neways, GF has to release to become a hit first :lol:

Scale
19th February 2006, 12:29 PM
Rahman is the KING(Saviour) of flops. We all forget it often. With that script,screenplay,direction & without Rahman songs we wouldnt be discussing much here. Whereas the case for others arent the same for A_A, CM, Anniyan are hits both song and movie wise. That makes him INCOMPARABLE to Others.

M4E, Thanks you have restricted only to tamil films. As a Overall composer his Hindi & Intl projects, Airtel Ad if included, the strategy will be entirely different . Rahman's potential and the mindset to handle (the burden) comoposing for Tamil, Hindi & Intl projects simulataneously is something really AMAZING & Unimaginable.

His recent albums reflects only his "Ability" & "Genuinety" as a composer which many fails to notice. Have you all heard "WATER" songs. That says "EVERYTHING" :oops: :oops:

Guys, Take a break & have a look at this Airtell Video,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iU0UhCBBWs

Vysar
20th February 2006, 08:26 PM
Harris interview

http://www.dinamalar.com/2006feb20/kumudam.asp#5

rayan36
27th March 2006, 06:35 PM
Let's just say that ARR have more hits in one album than HJ or YSR

If there's 6 songs in one album ARR = all of them (at least 5 for a non music lover or ARR) HJ = 4/5 (6 if lucky) YSR = 2/3(all of them :lol: hardly)

Do we need a thread like this :roll: :roll: :roll:

lancelot
27th March 2006, 06:49 PM
Let's just say that ARR have more hits in one album than HJ or YSR

If there's 6 songs in one album ARR = all of them (at least 5 for a non music lover or ARR) HJ = 4/5 (6 if lucky) YSR = 2/3(all of them :lol: hardly)

Do we need a thread like this :roll: :roll: :roll:

vidunga rayan///paavam they realy want to some how prove YSR or HJ is better than ARR..... till no whtye have been failing

hehe
:D

MADDY
27th March 2006, 07:01 PM
first of all this is a thread where they want to show that ARR is not of class of IR but only of these kids......i guess we shuld have never posted in this thread..... :oops:

so rayan, no use in xplaining the gr8ness of rahman here...

Sanjeevi
28th March 2006, 12:09 AM
Dear ARR fans

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2006/march/270306.asp

What about this?

MADDY
28th March 2006, 08:16 AM
Dear ARR fans

What about this?

sanjeevi, bombay dreams got far more worse reviews when they started it....but it went on to become the biggest hit for west end.....

so, dont be so happy, ARR will succeeed in this also...

MrJudge
28th March 2006, 11:19 AM
Dear ARR fans

What about this?

Sanjeevi,

Another thundu thaan!

Scale
28th March 2006, 12:05 PM
Look, who is jealous ? behindwoods says its a concert fails to impress :rotfl:

Check this,
http://www.theonering.net/perl/newsview/8/1143492066

http://www.intentblog.com/archives/2006/03/rahman_and_the.html

Result of a Funny fight - Superb Kick :rotfl:

http://www.googlefight.com/index.php?lang=en_GB&word1=A+R+Rahman&word2=Yuvan+%2B+Harris+%2B+Vidyasagar

check with various combination. ARR Rulz Obviously. :lol:

MrJudge
17th April 2006, 12:02 PM
the word from IR ...ur YSR's father itself said after him...only ARR is ROCKING INDIA & INTERNATIONAL!! WinkWink...his son is not included....told u he is not in leauge with MSVR-IR-ARR...ketkumatingere.... Laughing ..even MSVR said ARR is the MAN after them(including IR)....knowing its after New...that time YSR is already popular...enna aachu??? Laughing

Dear Dinesh:

What were your thoughts when the same MSV rejected your MD's work and insisted that doing music with synth is not a big deal? I thing it was during the early days of your Md.

Also your MD told in an interview that he was not listening to other tamil music directors work and talked like as if he "jumped from sky". And years later he said that one of Deva's song was his favorite in that year (I think Hey ram was released that year too not sure and his choice was deva's)

Anyway why should we care about whom our fav. Md praise / what they like or not?

Retirement does bring some maturity I think and no wonder your MD is present at every function nowadays and acts as a matured person. :lol:

MADDY
17th April 2006, 02:20 PM
IGNORE Mr.Judge if u r an ARR-fan

guys, please ignore judge.......read njv's post in YSR'S new album's thread,.....please let us put an end to it......ignore this guy......

i request admins to please have a look into this.......

Sanjeevi
17th April 2006, 02:38 PM

If not :roll: :lol:

rashid2raj
17th April 2006, 03:50 PM

If not :roll: :lol:

Then go and make love.. :poke:

selvakumar
17th April 2006, 05:21 PM
Interesting topic indeed.

I think HJ is relying heavily on ARR and his style

so do YSR. YSR is relying heavily on his father - IR's masterpieces and his style.

To be precise -- No one is genuine & perfect in their approaches.

I really liked some good music from both these guys. Be it HJ (Minnale, KK, Gajini, ULLam Kaetkumae, Lesa Lesa etc).

In a similar way, I liked YSR's works with Selvaragavan.. (all the movies except recent Pudupettai) And his music in movies like Dheena, etc.

But what makes me boring with HJ

> Minnale & Majnu -- REpeatu :banghead:
> Gajini - VV - ONe more :banghead:
and a few more..

My opinion is : He knows his limits and is known for restricting himself within those boundaries. He never comes out of it.

What makes me feel boring with YSR

ONly one

> His so called idiotic remixes of his FATHER'S yesteryear good works. It not only irritates the listener but also puts a makes everyone suspect his creativity.

I think both YSR and HJ should avoid this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is so funny in this thread TITLE is:

They have made an attempt to compare these people with a person who is rocking the international arena (infact only one).

ARR's works in his initial tamil movies were unique in their own way for every movie.

The kind of creativity that existed in people like ARR & IR is missing with the young guys.

They are promising in some movies. But overall they let down us.

P.S: A request to the thread creator.

Why don't u include all other legends like MSV, IR etc in your so called VS list? :roll: Beats me :cry:

rashid2raj
17th April 2006, 05:27 PM
Interesting topic indeed.

I think HJ is relying heavily on ARR and his style

so do YSR. YSR is relying heavily on his father - IR's masterpieces and his style.

To be precise -- No one is genuine & perfect in their approaches.

I really liked some good music from both these guys. Be it HJ (Minnale, KK, Gajini, ULLam Kaetkumae, Lesa Lesa etc).

In a similar way, I liked YSR's works with Selvaragavan.. (all the movies except recent Pudupettai) And his music in movies like Dheena, etc.

But what makes me boring with HJ

> Minnale & Majnu -- REpeatu :banghead:
> Gajini - VV - ONe more :banghead:
and a few more..

My opinion is : He knows his limits and is known for restricting himself within those boundaries. He never comes out of it.

What makes me feel boring with YSR

ONly one

> His so called idiotic remixes of his FATHER'S yesteryear good works. It not only irritates the listener but also puts a makes everyone suspect his creativity.

I think both YSR and HJ should avoid this.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

What is so funny in this thread TITLE is:

They have made an attempt to compare these people with a person who is rocking the international arena (infact only one).

ARR's works in his initial tamil movies were unique in their own way for every movie.

The kind of creativity that existed in people like ARR & IR is missing with the young guys.

They are promising in some movies. But overall they let down us.

P.S: A request to the thread creator.

Why don't u include all other legends like MSV, IR etc in your so called VS list? :roll: Beats me :cry:

:thumbsup:

buggle
17th April 2006, 06:29 PM
Well said Mr.Judge, the same Isai Puyal in his early days never said anything about IR, and i do remember in his early interviews he used to say that he likes MSV and other hindi MD compositions (as if he never listened to IR music at that time....???)

selvakumar
17th April 2006, 06:37 PM
Well said Mr.Judge, the same Isai Puyal in his early days never said anything about IR, and i do remember in his early interviews he used to say that he likes MSV and other hindi MD compositions (as if he never listened to IR music at that time....???)

:shock: Just because of the fact that an MD never mentiones anything on his counterpart, does that mean he/she likes/dislikes him/her.

May I know the logic behind this?

Even IR said something against some foreign MDs. Also, he had carefully avoided others too.

I am not degrading IR / ARR here. IMHO, It doesn't matter a lot

To be precise:

"GOOD WINE NEEDS NO BUSH"

"POOKKADAIKKU VILAMBARAM THEVAYILLAI"

So, be it IR or ARR or whomsoever.. No one should expect really good appreciation from his younger generation.

rsubras
17th April 2006, 08:46 PM
buggler sir, you seem to have followed ARR's interview only recently..athan ippadi solreenga :)

ARR has once said in a function,

"One of my favorite is "Inji iduppazhaga" from Devar Mahan..but ithai sonna media publish panna matengaranga nu... "

ARR has said ( somewhere in 1998 or 99, i dont remember) for a question on YSR

"YSR is a very talented person. He was a child when i was in IR's troupe. What KR is achieveing now, YSR could achieve in a younger age itself"

On the other hand, it was IR who made veiled references to ARR here and there in his songs

Poomani - En paatu en paatu ( i dont remember the lyrics, but it comes somewhere in the 2nd saranam)

Avatharam - Aritharathai poosi kolla aasai (where Janaki (or some other female singer) would sing, paatu nu solvathellam ippo paataga iruppathilla.... IR would reply Athu en paatu illa.. and something like this goes..then IR would say, I am the savior of music ..ithu pola etho onnu varum)

One song in Kolangal

In all these songs and some more songs during that period (1994, 95) will contain reference to hwo the songs are spoiled these days by computer , loops, beats etc., kandathai pottutu paatu nu solranga..ippadi etho solliruppar... even in some interviews he would have referred the same.

In IR dominated films (such as Rajkiran, Ramarajan, Nasser) such kind of remarks wud be made on how the present music is spoiled etc., on the other hand in ARR dominated films IR and MSV songs would be played. In Vandicholai sinrasu, the villain would ask the maid girls to sing a song, and they would immediatly sing 'thooliyile aada vantha' song

sloshed
17th April 2006, 11:38 PM
rsubras,

Whatever you have posted reminds me of the ongoing Dan Brown's interpretation of Da vinci ...
There is nuthing wrong, you only read what you want it to be read as ...

sloshed
17th April 2006, 11:40 PM
ooops a correction
you only read the way you want it to be read as

rajasaranam
18th April 2006, 12:50 AM
R subbu,
Yes you are right IR was constantly digging at ARR for spoiling the originality in music composition by using loops and softwares. And he was right in foreseeing that it will lead to downfall of music. And that is what has happenned now. today anybody can be a composer who has an access to a computer and a keyboard. :( Too much technology is harmful appadinu Raja Echarikkai pannar. Atha unga ARR kaetkaama ippa vanthu polamburaaru " naan annaikku oru maasam kashatapattu panna velai ellam ippa sikramavae mudichiduraanga" nnu... :lol:
Sari athan technology romba valanthuduchae U1 nee 6 maasam panna velaya 6 naalil mudichidraanae neeyum atha paanna vendiyathu thaanaennu kaetta...Avaru international projectsla romba busy so inga concentrate panna mudiyalaunnu solraaru. sari apdi ennathan international projectnnu paatha angayum onnum vetti murikkala...ithae late/delay kathai thaan...Hmmm yaar yaarukku evalo thiramai irukko avalavu thaan panna mudiyum ennathaan :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: adichikittalum :mrgreen:

njv
18th April 2006, 01:28 AM
In IR dominated films (such as Rajkiran, Ramarajan, Nasser) such kind of remarks wud be made on how the present music is spoiled etc., on the other hand in ARR dominated films IR and MSV songs would be played. In Vandicholai sinrasu, the villain would ask the maid girls to sing a song, and they would immediatly sing 'thooliyile aada vantha' song

In Valli (Rajni movie), the heroine plays guitar and her friends ask her to play her favorite song in guitar and she would play "chinna chinna aasai" - I dont think this is MD's choice. Is more of director's choice. MD's role comes into play only after the movie is taken for BGM and for songs recording.

Now dont tell me that thats why IR never worked with Rajni after this.

MADDY
18th April 2006, 08:52 AM
Sari athan technology romba valanthuduchae U1 nee 6 maasam panna velaya 6 naalil mudichidraanae neeyum atha paanna vendiyathu thaanaennu kaetta...Avaru international projectsla romba busy so inga concentrate panna mudiyalaunnu solraaru. sari apdi ennathan international projectnnu paatha angayum onnum vetti murikkala...ithae late/delay kathai thaan...Hmmm yaar yaarukku evalo thiramai irukko avalavu thaan panna mudiyum ennathaan :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: adichikittalum :mrgreen:

RS,u r again climbing the "murungumaram" .....adhu seri, yaar yaarukku enna thiramai irukko antha vithaiiya thaan panna mudiyum ennathaan :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: adichikittalum :mrgreen:

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 09:30 AM
R subbu,
Yes you are right IR was constantly digging at ARR for spoiling the originality in music composition by using loops and softwares. And he was right in foreseeing that it will lead to downfall of music. And that is what has happenned now. today anybody can be a composer who has an access to a computer and a keyboard. :( Too much technology is harmful appadinu Raja Echarikkai pannar. Atha unga ARR kaetkaama ippa vanthu polamburaaru " naan annaikku oru maasam kashatapattu panna velai ellam ippa sikramavae mudichiduraanga" nnu... :lol:

so when ARR uses this loops & beats...ungalakku kasakuthu...aanal YSR use panna innikito" marvelous!!! mind blowing!!" enna nyayam ithu?? atleast ARR took 1 month to actually use the loops & beats to blend it well with tune & add more instruments rather than compose the songs in jusy 6 days...showing he doesnt care of the QUALITY of the songs IR "created"..... :lol:

Scale
18th April 2006, 11:35 AM
sloshed,

Dont drag me to make fun of every clowns here :evil: :twisted: :hammer: ? I sense you are a MATURED fan of all musicians. Hold the seat belts :twisted:

MrJudge
18th April 2006, 03:05 PM
atleast ARR took 1 month to actually use the loops & beats to blend it well with tune & add more instruments rather than compose the songs in jusy 6 days..

Mr Dinesh:

How come 6 months was dropped to 1 and 6 days still remains at 6? :D

dinesh2002
18th April 2006, 07:38 PM
R subbu,

i have bolded the line that will answer u MR Judge....ARR really did mentioned that b4.....

Scale
18th April 2006, 09:04 PM
sloshed,

Come here. Why MODS? I'll explain the definition of personal attacks . U pretend as if you have come with that CRAP accidently. Check the date-break of yr posts (13/4-16/4)? Did you really sleep these days or D/R spoiled it? :twisted:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=494257&highlight=#494257

Read the whole page!

sloshed
18th April 2006, 10:33 PM
Scale,
Precisely what I was saying.... If the above mentioned is okay but a general skit ( purely intened for fun .. believe me nuthing else) is branded as blasphemy.. I dont get it... this is a site where disagreements are bound to galore... remarks will be thrown.. egos will be shattered.. but thats the nature of the game....
So far all the 'attacks' you have mentioned are made in the name of 'musical' sense ... nuthing else... not by color/creed/caste/religion ...
Dude, I am too sportive to let this affect my sleep..anywayz.. thankx for the concern ..

Scale
18th April 2006, 10:52 PM
sloshed,

I was surprised what made you to outrun MOD's note and explicit right-left mike conversation directly pointing two hubbers. Thats terrible!

Tho you have apologized directly to dinesh, I just intended with my earlier post to make you understand how obtuse is to dig something when its already sorted out.

Thanks for the understanding & Stay connected. I really enjoyed some of your posts in IR & ARR threads.

MrJudge
19th April 2006, 12:39 PM
-d-

MrJudge
19th April 2006, 12:42 PM
Atha unga ARR kaetkaama ippa vanthu polamburaaru " naan annaikku oru maasam kashatapattu panna velai ellam ippa sikramavae mudichiduraanga" nnu... :lol:
Sari athan technology romba valanthuduchae U1 nee 6 maasam panna velaya 6 naalil mudichidraanae neeyum atha paanna vendiyathu thaanaennu kaetta...

i have bolded the line that will answer u MR Judge....ARR really did mentioned that b4.....

I think you have not read it properly dude. Your MD did not say anything about 6 days. That comparison was raised by RS and still my question remains valid!

dinesh2002
19th April 2006, 02:14 PM
Atha unga ARR kaetkaama ippa vanthu polamburaaru " naan annaikku oru maasam kashatapattu panna velai ellam ippa sikramavae mudichiduraanga" nnu... :lol:
Sari athan technology romba valanthuduchae U1 nee 6 maasam panna velaya 6 naalil mudichidraanae neeyum atha paanna vendiyathu thaanaennu kaetta...

I think you have not read it properly dude. Your MD did not say anything about 6 days. That comparison was raised by RS and still my question remains valid!

its either ur playing 'errmmm' or either ur really 'errmmmm' 8-) the answer for ur Q is clear cut there....its ur rajasaranam the 1 said YSR can composed in 6 days...thats y i linked it too...understood or still dont??? :roll:

FYI...ARR did said that " What i use to do those days in 1 month can be done now very easily"....

A.ANAND
19th April 2006, 05:41 PM
Ayya rajasaranam,arr sonna kannula ennaya vittu kodayarinngale,ithuve ir puthalvan ysr sonna ungga ir appadiye purichu poividuvare...'naan antha songsa ketten romba puthusa potuurukkada'ir valthurar ysr songsa...arr 90's kestapappu oru music trenda pannar.athathana ysr pannarar.avare ottukittar'ennoda musicla rahman style irukkunnu'.ethuve YSR ikku arr mathiri international projec kedacca ir fans YSR rukku tamil nattula kovil katti 'maha kummbam'panniruppanga...'VARIRRRRRRRRU ERIYARATHUKKUM'oru alavu vechukunga rajaaasaranam...

MrJudge
19th April 2006, 06:32 PM
kestapappu oru music trenda pannarikku arr

atheppadiganna "kestapappu" panrathu? :)

A.ANAND
19th April 2006, 07:50 PM
keshtapattu 'inganna..

MADDY
19th April 2006, 08:39 PM
2 things anand said was true .......

YSR is still followng ARR's trend only.....he has not created a new trend.......

if YSR gets international recognition like ARRahman has, then IR fans will build him a temple and worship him.......

ezy0265
20th April 2006, 06:43 AM
MADDY,

Please don't just use the term 'International' to imply that ARR is better than so and so etc. Just because he has done one or two projects abroad does not make him a 'Internationally recognised' artiste my friend. If you say that about Ravi Shankar it may be justified.

What is so very great about these so called 'International Audience'. Are you implying that these 'International' people have better music sense or taste than the local Indians, of which you are one obviously! Why are you living with such inferiority complex and expecting others to follow. His paruppu is not vegaaraaning here anymore! Atha mothalla otthukkungeppa! Avurru Chinese padatthukku isai amaikkaraaru, kunthaani stage showvukku isai amaikkaraaru athanaalla avaruthaan IRavida better musiciannu conclude pannikkuttu kuruttu poonai maathiri veenna sutthikittu irukkaathingaappa.

Why do you think IR fans will build a temple, do you have any plans to build a mosque for ARR in the first place. Paatthu vaiyya kodukkanum illennaa punnaagividum. Ithu periyavanga sonnathu!

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 08:10 AM
MADDY,

Please don't just use the term 'International' to imply that ARR is better than so and so etc. Just because he has done one or two projects abroad does not make him a 'Internationally recognised' artiste my friend. If you say that about Ravi Shankar it may be justified.

What is so very great about these so called 'International Audience'. Are you implying that these 'International' people have better music sense or taste than the local Indians, of which you are one obviously! Why are you living with such inferiority complex and expecting others to follow. His paruppu is not vegaaraaning here anymore! Atha mothalla otthukkungeppa! Avurru Chinese padatthukku isai amaikkaraaru, kunthaani stage showvukku isai amaikkaraaru athanaalla avaruthaan IRavida better musiciannu conclude pannikkuttu kuruttu poonai maathiri veenna sutthikittu irukkaathingaappa.

Why do you think IR fans will build a temple, do you have any plans to build a mosque for ARR in the first place. Paatthu vaiyya kodukkanum illennaa punnaagividum. Ithu periyavanga sonnathu!

the 1 i bolded is def true.... :poke: its a not place that " Aiyumeenukum dunno what meenakum kalyanam" beeing crowned as a great song :lol: ,u cant jump on me saying im local indian...im overseas indian :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ezy,when people can build temple for actress that show topel & just dance for songs in a tamil movies without having important of thier role in that movie,y not for ARR?? :P puriyatho??? but what MAddy said was true...if only YSR had the ARR status....i wont be shock if a temple " Ilaiyaraja & Family Temple" having all thier family members pics there...right from IR to his peren pillai... :wink:

A.ANAND
20th April 2006, 09:29 AM
exy0265.unn kitta onnu qestion kekkaren,15 years munnala ungga ir shimphony londonla onnu pannare nyabagam irukka?ihtuvaraikkum audio release agala.ir kitta ketta 15 varusama 'ithovarum atho varom'innu pela udaaru.ana appave tamilnade periya vizha vechuu kondadithanga..appave avaru ennamo 'international'alavukku poitamathiri ellarum kondadananga...appa avara mattum international patti pesa enna thaguthi irukku.ithula ennoru vedikkai ennanna,IR PANNATHU SHIMPHONY ILLA INNU,ATHALA NERAYA THILLU MULLU IRUKKUNU IR PERAIYE NARADICHITHANNGA IPPA.ANAA ARR INTERNATIONAL ARTIS INNA UNGALUKKU ENPPA IPPADI VAYIRU ERINCHI SAGARINGGA????INTER. FAME ILLANNA EVANNUM CNN VARAIKKUM INTERVIEW KODUKKA MATTAN..ITHUVE IR CNN INTERVIEW KODUTHANNA ORU PERIYA VIZHAVE NADATHIDUVANNGA TNLA..INTERNATIONAL SONNA ENNA KETTA VARATHAYA???UNNGA AGARATHIYILA 'INTERNATIONAL'SONNA ENNA ARTHAM KONJAM SOLLUNGANNA????

MrJudge
20th April 2006, 09:40 AM
its ur rajasaranam the 1 said YSR can composed in 6 days...thats y i linked it too...understood or still dont???

FYI...ARR did said that " What i use to do those days in 1 month can be done now very easily"....

Yes, RS said that what your md can do in 6 months can be done by YSR in 6 days. And your md said that what he did in 1 month can be done very easily.

So your statement should have been:

"atleast ARR took 6 months to actually use the loops & beats to blend it well with tune & add more instruments rather than compose the songs in jusy 6 days..."

and not

"atleast ARR took 1 month to actually use the loops & beats to blend it well with tune & add more instruments rather than compose the songs in jusy 6 days..."

so read and reply properly dude...

MADDY
20th April 2006, 09:41 AM
ezy, i'm no way underestimating our ppl.'s taste....but if u r outside of TN or India and u see one of ur guy is being recognised then it gives immense pleasure....u feel proud abt him.....rahman has given me that pride and for many NRI's as well......

i dunt see any wrong in calling ARR a great purely on his international fame......when kamal fans long for this kinda of recognition, ARR has achieved it, dont u think it is great???moreover, international fame is just a minor facet of ARR's illustrious career.....i wud rate his 90's trend setting music, youth icon status, 4 natinal awards, padmashree at 32 as bigger achievements than foreign fame........

i never told that he is better than IR.......but i still think IR fans wud support YSR all the way bcos still ARR is one of their biggest enemies and YSR is a weapon to attack this strong enemy.....

moreover, ARR's international recognition is not just abt music, he is the UN ambassador for "stop-TB" campaign.....that's ARR for u.... :D

MrJudge
20th April 2006, 09:44 AM
he is the UN ambassador for "stop-TB" campaign.....

His days are over in tfm and I don't think anyone can "stop" him from quitting :wink:

MADDY
20th April 2006, 09:52 AM
judge :wave:

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 10:36 AM
its ur rajasaranam the 1 said YSR can composed in 6 days...thats y i linked it too...understood or still dont???

Yes, RS said that what your md can do in 6 months can be done by YSR in 6 days. And your md said that what he did in 1 month can be done very easily.

So your statement should have been:

"atleast ARR took 6 months to actually use the loops & beats to blend it well with tune & add more instruments rather than compose the songs in jusy 6 days..."

and not

"atleast ARR took 1 month to actually use the loops & beats to blend it well with tune & add more instruments rather than compose the songs in jusy 6 days..."

so read and reply properly dude...

u live base on statements & not observation is it???so if people write some where the Moon is square...u would start quoting it & saying its true & stuff...but u never seem to use ur anotother function...called OBSERVATION.....its like the every word from rajarasanam is vedham for u... :lol: its obvious ARR doesn takes 6 months to compose/come up with 1 song...and the same...YSR doesnt take 6 days to compose & come up with a full album..[containing 5 songs]...to compose the basic tune...everyone takes the usual timing...by few hours/mins or 1 day by most...but to actually blend it well with the arrangements...instruments & what not...that is what it takes time for the composer..im no composer to give the actualy visual...but base on what i have OBSERVE...for ARR it takes 1 week to 1 month to come up with the FINAL PRODUCT song...and for YSR..its 6 days...im talking about 1 song...and not the whole album..that was what ARR was actually trying to convey...ok va??/got the clear vision/message or ur still trying to divert the topic???or u need ur vedham guru to tell it?? :lol:all ur vedham guru was confusing facts with was just this:

1.ARR takes 6 Months to come up with 1 WHOLE album
2.YSR takes 6 days to come up with 1 WHOLE SONG

i was saying:
1.ARR takes 1 month to come up with 1 WHOLE SONG
2.YSR takes 6 days to come up with 1 WHOLE Song...

ippe puriyatho ambi??

MrJudge
20th April 2006, 12:39 PM
Mr. Dinesh:

Thanks for confusing me also with your confused observation. Ithukku mela enna solla :roll:

Please guys continue with the topic.

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 02:30 PM
he is the UN ambassador for "stop-TB" campaign.....

His days are over in tfm and I don't think anyone can "stop" him from quitting :wink:

Judge I think you have misread Maddy's post :? 'Stop-TB' is not 'Stop-ThunduBai' its 'Stop-Tuberclosis' :)

WRT I dont know What ARR is going to do for the campaign :huh: is he going to compose a song like the ones as his western counterparts where they sing/shout from very deep inside as though suffering from constipation :roll:

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 02:37 PM
i was saying:
ippe puriyatho ambi??

Nanna Purinjiduthu what conpision here :)
I gave that 6 months 6 days for just ethugai moanai...
But Dinesh has clarified everything...
though the technology has improved...
ARR still takes one month for a song :notworthy:
YSR takes just 6 days for a similar kinda of song :thumbsup:

rashid2raj
20th April 2006, 03:10 PM

Well, that just shows us that, ARR make the best possible use of the technology. And YSR only know the basics function, of computer :lol:
How could YSR take 6 days for adding new beats to an old song? :lol:

Scale
20th April 2006, 03:13 PM
[tscii:3c1378b89b]That's Totally wrong!

This was interviewed How ARR feels about the songs getting remixed these days after that trendsetting re-tuned "thottal poo malarum" song from NEW?

ARR said what it took me to do for 1 month can be done now in few days. It shud be done very carefully without spoiling the melody with fast beats, advance in technology. He didn’t say anything specifically as a individual song or an album in whole. adhu avarudaya perundhanmaiya kaatudhu. Matravargalayum vookuvikkum migaperiya panbai kaatudhu.

We are asking the same to ARR (not to Others) "Yes Agreed!, Technology grows but WHERE is the Quality,Variety in others?" :poke:
[/tscii:3c1378b89b]

MADDY
20th April 2006, 03:18 PM
scale,rashid,dinesh i guess we can ignore rajasaranam and Judge....refer NOV's signature.....

Scale
20th April 2006, 03:28 PM
Maddy,

I am replying only to RS's replies. And I dont care to a naatu-aamai here.

Hope RS wont gets into a level worst than this misrepresenting "Stop - TB" ambassador. :twisted:

edhukku ivvlavu arum badu padrarunnu theriyala :huh:

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 03:31 PM
i was saying:
ippe puriyatho ambi??

Nanna Purinjiduthu what conpision here :)
I gave that 6 months 6 days for just ethugai moanai...
But Dinesh has clarified everything...
though the technology has improved...

simular...but not better :lol:
btw...i taut u guys were so against tech wise songs when ARR came into the field?? now yepedi YSR songs ellam inikathu??? coz he is Illaiyaraja's son??? so if Illayaraja uses a cow's 'mooo' in his song which is from his own farm...u guys will start saying " its from the maestro's compound...def it sounds the best" :lol:

well after this.... Rajajalra & Mr Naate Aaamai will be ignored !! :wink:

vasanth2006
20th April 2006, 04:51 PM

Well, that just shows us that, ARR make the best possible use of the technology.

you can say like that also. however IMHO, Yuvan is 5 to 7 times faster than ARR for giving albums (with same and higher quality).

This was interviewed How ARR feels about the songs getting remixed these days after that trendsetting re-tuned "thottal poo malarum" song from NEW?

This is not a valid one. Because remixing is not trendsetted by ARR in Tamil. i think it is by Yuvan. first one is "Asai nooru vagai" from kurumbu. then "en asai mydhiliye" from manmadhan. after that only ARR retuned that song. this wrong information travelling through web.

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 05:06 PM
....And All the while you guys are tinking Iam in Support of YSR :lol:

I still detest the use of these loops/ softwares and the so called global music junk. But to listen to them occassionaly does interests me. 'Summa Pora pokkula oru vaaramo oru maasamo' till the song is alive in FM's and TV's.

Moreover I dont find enough time to Listen to Raja's Classics itself :( And this man never seems to retire :) Keeps churning his melodious best still...right now Iam hooked on to 'Rasathanthram' 'madhu' 'Pachakuthira' and a few more hunted down classics

Well maybe YSR is not better than ARR. But he does gives songs with similar flavor as ARR. Man Iam just asking when both ARR and YSR are giving same kinda craps. How come YSR is able to deliver it sooner than ARR :roll: Is there some serious problems with your techie man :?

And i know it will be highly impossible for you people to Ignore me or Judge :wink: You people are addicted to this War/Game as we are.. so get going.. :thumbsup: This forum is alive only because of the indifferences we have Like Rajini vs Kamal, Ajith vs Vijay and ofcourse IR vs ARR and ARR vs YSR. 'Ithu Parambarai sandai Oyaathu' :P

thamizhvaanan
20th April 2006, 05:44 PM
....And All the while you guys are tinking Iam in Support of YSR :lol:

I still detest the use of these loops/ softwares and the so called global music junk. But to listen to them occassionaly does interests me. 'Summa Pora pokkula oru vaaramo oru maasamo' till the song is alive in FM's and TV's.

Moreover I dont find enough time to Listen to Raja's Classics itself :( And this man never seems to retire :) Keeps churning his melodious best still...right now Iam hooked on to 'Rasathanthram' 'madhu' 'Pachakuthira' and a few more hunted down classics

Well maybe YSR is not better than ARR. But he does gives songs with similar flavor as ARR. Man Iam just asking when both ARR and YSR are giving same kinda craps. How come YSR is able to deliver it sooner than ARR :roll: Is there some serious problems with your techie man :?

And i know it will be highly impossible for you people to Ignore me or Judge :wink: You people are addicted to this War/Game as we are.. so get going.. :thumbsup: This forum is alive only because of the indifferences we have Like Rajini vs Kamal, Ajith vs Vijay and ofcourse IR vs ARR and ARR vs YSR. 'Ithu Parambarai sandai Oyaathu' :P

as long as you continue to drag ARR into these mess.

thamizhvaanan
20th April 2006, 06:01 PM

and so are all the songs from ARRs old albums. they are still alive (i honestly dont know which song u quoted here, and i've been living in TN for 20 yrs now :) ) and fresh in tamil people's mind. This has been the main debate pt of ARR bashers. they thot ARR is just a one day wonder, his songs wont have shelf life. But he has proved everyone wrong. His continued success has been the reason for "some" ppl to shut their mouth (for sometime ofcourse).

If we notice the chronology of ARR bashing, we can see that it peaks whenever ARR's career peaks. Obviously it is out of VAITHERICHAL. When in the 90's he rocked TFM , they bashed him like anything. Then he concentrated in HFM and international projects, doing every Tamilian proud. He didnt venture too much in TFM then.

That was when these ppl bcame silent and at times praising him (like wat RS did couple of times, repeat "couple of times" ) bcoz he was obviously ruling internationally unlike ANY tamilian or indian did b4 and their fav MD and his family had lesser competition to deal with. Now he decides to come back to TFM bcoz he feels that is where he belongs. And immedtly after he expresssed his concentration in TFM, offers kept pouring in, including films of top heroes from yesteryears to current generation. All of a sudden he has a string of films under his belt, and the VAITHERICHAL starts again. This indeed shows good time for ARR :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 06:13 PM
thamizhvaanan,

If ARR songs are still fresh in Tamil people's mind why do they dont find airtimes in TV channels and Radio FM's. :huh: The channels all over TN have a single policy they AIR Current hits or 70's/80's/90's Raja Hits nothing in between needs to be lingered anymore according to Tamizh makkal :notworthy:

You can repeattuuu how many ever times you want to :lol: I've praised ARR when he has resorted from using loops and softwares but using manual orchestras and giving a overall better harmony. [though i know he is not a complete composer] I praised his lagaan, LOBS, Bose Etc., still Iam eager to listen to LOTR musical. But when he uses loopus and Softwaruss I also Repeattuu he is no good and YSR does similar job in quicker time :)

Oh god ! I started the thread on LOTR in order to praise him just a month back hoping ARR is away from TFM. Your post suggests that he was offered top projects in TFM in this short span of 1 month ... :shock: Now let me start bashing him because he is the hottest MD in TFM with 4 projects in hand against YSR who has more than 10 projects in hand :roll:

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 07:59 PM
Vasanth....YSR can never give an equal or better quality than ARR's songs in no matter what speed :lol:
:poke:
rajasaranam...its true...we cant ignore on people like u...not only it gives life to the hub...but people like u need some lights on ur narrow thoughts on FACTS :poke:

rajasaranam....simple logics...when people who are in IR era rule the satelite tv channels...this is what u get...they will hardly play ARR's songs no matter how hit or how many records it breaks....infact this is the time 4 them to express thier hatred on ARR now becoz he hasnt been active in TFM for like 1 year...for instance...even malaysian local radio..once i heard [ not mentioning which Dj or what radio station] this guy was playing IRs songs & Hjs songs only...its like he plays IR songs 1st,then Hjs,then IR...HJ...and it goes...for 1 hour....mentiong about the greatness in the songs...even our GREAT sun TV...they hardly play ARRs songs...athisayama once they played Alle Alle - Boys...and everyone knows BOYS infact the biggest audio hit that year...but was not given award for lame reasons....
:roll:
lets put it this way...if U WERE the person who can chose songs to play on air...what songs will u choose??? ;) like that... 8-) dun 4get the person who RUNS the radio & tv shows/countdown IS ALSO HUMAN and he/she also has this anti/envy/likes/dislikes all.... :twisted:

wut eva it is...ARR songs is still remaining in people's heart & it hasnt loose its shine ..and it will never :thumbsup:

MADDY
20th April 2006, 08:12 PM
RS, one day in suryan FM, there were 10 or more ARR songs played continously...i was just waiting for a non-ARR song for a long time, but it never got played.....summa dont falsify facts....

i dunno y ppl. justify YSR's use of tech loops,sounds and not ARR's......i also saw in another thread where msgs like "copy adicha padam irundhalum ok" supporting vishnuvardhan, but the same ppl. bashed mani when he just took some ideas...this is a highly prejudiced arguement.....

vasanth dunt crack jokes like YSR gives better quality songs than ARR.....then y is he not winning awards, not breaking sales records like ARR is doing??for YSR, only his movies are doing well.....he is not even creating 10% of the wave that ARR created in his first 6 years....

rajasaranam
20th April 2006, 09:20 PM
RS, one day in suryan FM, there were 10 or more ARR songs played continously...i was just waiting for a non-ARR song for a long time, but it never got played.....summa dont falsify facts....

Once in a Blue moon it could've happened :huh: And i dont know how you listened to Suriyan FM sitting in Bangalore :roll:
Even Dinesh From malaysia knows the facts right that These channels and FM's Play IR songs fervently :mrgreen:

.....then y is he not winning awards, not breaking sales records like ARR is doing??

What is the name for the one he got at Cyprus :P
Sales :?: Records :!: a very much hyped fact to which you people still hang on to :notworthy:

rajasaranam...its true...we cant ignore on people like u...not only it gives life to the hub...but people like u need some lights on ur narrow thoughts on FACTS

thanks for showing lights :idea: but we are Suriyans who dont need your torches :hammer: :twisted:

Renault
20th April 2006, 09:45 PM
I really do not understand people still hope for a ARR falvour of songs.. He lost that long back.

Occassional wonders were KKS and AE.

Otherwise he lost his touch long back and Yuvan and Harris seem to give very very decent numbers at a very very cheap rate.

So better turn with time guys. Or wait for JEOK to confirm this.

dinesh2002
20th April 2006, 09:54 PM

Once in a Blue moon it could've happened :huh: And i dont know how you listened to Suriyan FM sitting in Bangalore :roll:
Even Dinesh From malaysia knows the facts right that These channels and FM's Play IR songs fervently :mrgreen:

.....then y is he not winning awards, not breaking sales records like ARR is doing??

What is the name for the one he got at Cyprus :P
Sales :?: Records :!: a very much hyped fact to which you people still hang on to :notworthy:

rajasaranam...its true...we cant ignore on people like u...not only it gives life to the hub...but people like u need some lights on ur narrow thoughts on FACTS

thanks for showing lights :idea: but we are Suriyans who dont need your torches :hammer: :twisted:

that is why im here to save u....see ur attitude...ur just a torche but think ur Suriyan.... :lol: Athe....athekuthu than we come for ur rescue... :lol: 8-)

thamizhvaanan
20th April 2006, 10:20 PM
I dont know about malaysia or bangalore, but ARR's songs are still evergreen favourites among music lovers and music channels alike in TN. A good measure of ppl's choice would be shows in sun music, where ppl choose the songs. OK by default they do ask for New songs only, but when there are exceptions (i.e, when they play old songs i find more ARR songs than anything else). And if an ARR album is released, it rulez teh shows for atleast 2 months. They still broadcast Mayiliragae frequently (on audience request). I dont remember many ppl asking for IR songs, if u can correct me, IR songs are played only during afternoon considered as non-prime time (ok i didn know the opposite for primetime, so i coined it :oops: contribution to english nevertheless 8-) ). I think in terms of popularity, neither ARR nor his songs are in anyway inferior to IR. So u better change ur line of attack :wink:

PS: rajasaranam, still u didn say which song of IRs did u mention as ppls favourite even now. I havent heard that song and wanna hear it :) .

MADDY
20th April 2006, 11:19 PM
RS, we do get tamil radio stations in b'lore.....if sales,awards are hyped up things then wat are repititively played songs on radio???reality???comeon, RS u can come up with better things than this......thamizh is rite, though ARR is not a bigger person than IR in TN ,his songs have equal impact on ppl.......

renault, very gud point made......we ARR fans wud like to listen to new sounds and move on with new mds.....but harris and yuvan havent created any new sounds......i promise u, the day some guy comes with totally non-rahmanish,non-IRish sound, i'll disown rahman to support that new guy.....

Scale
20th April 2006, 11:20 PM
I really do not understand people still hope for a ARR falvour of songs.. He lost that long back.

Occassional wonders were KKS and AE.

Otherwise he lost his touch long back and Yuvan and Harris seem to give very very decent numbers at a very very cheap rate.

So better turn with time guys. Or wait for JEOK to confirm this.

Welcome Renault! I have been waiting for you LONG TIME. :lol: TRUSTEEkkal :rotfl:

http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=463187&highlight=#463187

Your Top 10 Cine Personalities

My list:

Actors: Sivaji, Kamalahasan, Suriya, Vikram
Actresses: Savithri, Laila
Comedians: Chandrababu, Vivek
Villains: MR Radha, Asokan, Raguvaran, Sathyaraj and Rajinikanth
Directors: Balu Mahendra, Bala, Bharathi Raja, Selva Raghavan
Music Directors: Ilayaraja, Yuvan
Lyricists: Kannadhasan, Vaali
Singers: SPB, Chitra, Shreya Ghosal, KJ Yesudos, Harish Raghavendar

MADDY
20th April 2006, 11:28 PM
Welcome Renault! I have been waiting for you LONG TIME. :lol: TRUSTEEkkal :rotfl:

http://www.forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=463187&highlight=#463187

Your Top 10 Cine Personalities

My list:

Actors: Sivaji, Kamalahasan, Suriya, Vikram
Actresses: Savithri, Laila
Comedians: Chandrababu, Vivek
Villains: MR Radha, Asokan, Raguvaran, Sathyaraj and Rajinikanth
Directors: Balu Mahendra, Bala, Bharathi Raja, Selva Raghavan
Music Directors: Ilayaraja, Yuvan
Lyricists: Kannadhasan, Vaali
Singers: SPB, Chitra, Shreya Ghosal, KJ Yesudos, Harish Raghavendar

hahahaha :lol: :lol: :lol: ......renault u r dismissed as a HC-IR family fan.....i thot u were neutral......

scale, i'm really proud of ur findings:thumbsup: .....i guess no IR-family fan can act like neutral ppl. here.....

kovil trustee :lol: :lol:

Scale
20th April 2006, 11:51 PM
:::renault u r dismissed as a HC-IR family fan::::

:rotfl:

sloshed
21st April 2006, 04:23 AM
[tscii:b89ab56a11]So what did I miss??? Loooks like the war is here to stay ... :-)
My two cents: ( that means entirely my opinion no FACTS)

Comparing two MD'S will never stop in this forum but will try to keep it simple. If you want to compare two people, put them within the same yardstick. Comparing old ARR with new Yuvan as suggested by some people is not the way of looking at it. But then are these two people really need to be compared? I don’t think Yuvan is in the same league of ARR to be compared. But then this comparison is just based on the current playing ground. No past credits!!

The sudden rise& rise of Yuvan, can be attributed to the fact that (quite recently) he started working with directors not so hot and to his good fortune the movie became hits. By working with stars (3 stars or less) and directors (2 stars and less) he has ultimately made the media to pick his songs as a main reason of success of those movies. I am not discrediting the fact that his music/bgm is good.

Movies AA, TT, Pattiyal, KK , Manmadhan, 7G owes its success to Yuvan more than anybody else. The media when writing about these successes HAS to talk about Yuvan. There is no other way out. Whether it was a deliberate ploy not to work with upscale stars and directors or it just so happened, we would not know. But the very fact that Yuvan figured in these movies suddenly shown a 'new superstar' to the media.

Now does ARR has that kind of luxury? He is too pricey for a new comer. Working with top notch directors and stars worked both to his advantage and 'supposed' fall from grace. Take RDB for ex. How much of its success actually goes to ARR. Hardcore fans would say about 30% while the media would play it down to 20% or would conveniently have just a line or two. The advantage is ARR has a hit under the belt. More people would buy the album and increase his saleability. The same is the case with movies like Muthu or Padayappa.

Did ARR enjoy the benefits Yuvan has now? He did once not anymore, when he worked on GentleMan, Kadhalan (Shankar wasnt a big name to deal with then), Kadhal Desam etc. He made the main reason for success point to him. The other fact that he was the new phenomenon and that He DID introduce the new sound and that everybody was fascinated by him need not be delved into that this time.

I am still perplexed by the fact that Dile Se – probably with the soundtrack of the decade flopped while Yuvan made AA a hit. The quality of these movies are more or less the same. Was it the hype that killed it? You never know.

Will ARR ever get chance to prove that He still can bring the crowds with the strength of his music, I don’t know. With music by ARR it has to be with top notch stars and probably he will only get the last piece of the success pie. I hope ARR works with a lot of new comers like what IR did at one point and stand out rather than being one among the crowd.
That’s all folks.. later
[/tscii:b89ab56a11]

thamizhvaanan
21st April 2006, 07:46 AM
[tscii:fef61eed5d]
The sudden rise& rise of Yuvan, can be attributed to the fact that (quite recently) he started working with directors not so hot and to his good fortune the movie became hits. By working with stars (3 stars or less) and directors (2 stars and less) he has ultimately made the media to pick his songs as a main reason of success of those movies. I am not discrediting the fact that his music/bgm is good.
[/tscii:fef61eed5d]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: I totally agree with you sloshed. HAH, even sloshed can talk sense, well that is NEWS to me. But I think you are crediting Yuvan more than necessary for the success of the films u mentioned.

Selvaraghavan films are a class apart. They would have been a hit anyway, but sure, yuvan's BGMs were the lifeline for the film. Vishnuvardhan is a different kind of masala director who knows how to make a film hit. The peppy songs in the film were just to enhance the entertainment, just like VS songs in dharani's film. By no stretch of imagination, they bring the crowd to theatres. Manmadan may actually owe a little more to yuvan than any of these films, but the fact is that its audio released long back b4 the film released and it was almost forgotten. Even b4 the film released, when i asked my friend to play Manmadan song in the car, he used to say"dei athu pazhaya paattu, ethanai vatti keakeradhu". I dont beleive the songs brought the initial crowd to the theatre. I think the cool promos and stylish photography created the initial hype. But sure it helped to retain crowds, bcoz it was a critical part of wholesome package of the movie, which otherwise had nothing to boast.

I am not discrediting Yuvan's part in the succes of any of these movies, but to say Yuvans songs were crowd puller wud be a bit too much. In recent times, the songs that actually made a film hit are the craps like "manmadha rasa" and "O podu". whole TN was crazy over such songs when their movies released and they definitely brought the crowd to theatre. without manmadha rasa, there is no reason for a film like "thiruda thirudi" to become a hit (dont tell me it is due to the star power of Dhanush :rotfl: .

A similar spree of "songs of craze" happnd during initial career of ARR, which helped the films bcome a hit. examples include muqqabla from kadhalan and humma song from bombay. the whole nation (not just TN) was going bezerk with these songs. These were potential crowdpullers but for arguement sake one can say that shankar and MR are too talented to solely depend on these songs. It wud have worked with any other director.

OK all these arguements is just to say that, it is not the quality of songs that pulls the crowd. It seems to be a strange crazy taste of film goers, which no MD has completely cracked. The result is MDs like bharadwaj trying to repeat the magic and end up with suckers like "deepavali thalai deepavali" :lol:

MADDY
21st April 2006, 08:43 AM
sloshed....surprised :shock: .......gud post man, w/o criticising rahman.....

sloshed, thamizh is rite.....AA, TT, Pattiyal, KK , Manmadhan, 7G wud have been successful without YSR's music also.....now, has he made a bad movie run for his music only??NO .......ppl. will tell even ARR did not make that many movies run like IR did and stuff like that.....but the fact is, YSR has never made a movie run solely for his music.....even harris has that credit in Ullam ketkumae....

he is no way a crowd puller bcos he is not a household name......ARR was a household name after chikku bukku rail song, and for whole India after muqabla, IR was one after annakili itself...... YSR is known by his HC-fans,HC-IR-fans,musical inclined ppl. and ofcourse the film buff who wud even say which year was the first black-white movie released.......

u asked like whether ARR can bring crowds with his strength??well, i saw RDBasanti in both b'lore and chennai.....tell u wat ARR got more applause than Aamir khan's name during th title....

last thing, u told that AA is equal to Dil se??? mannn, i wud have been happy if u had told AA is better than Dil se cos i wud have dismissed u as one amongst many who have rejected Dil se but u knew the value of Dil se but stilll wanted to place it along with AA....bad....

sloshed
21st April 2006, 09:29 AM
Tamizh and MADDY,

Some of your points hold good and some dont. AA was a HIT becos of Yuvan. There are no two ways about it. That movie would have gone to the dumps if not for the
hysteria created by Yuvan. He was the biggest USP for that movie just like ARR'S chaiya chaiya was. That is why there was an apparent comparison with Dil Se.
Maddy I am not comparing the songs of these movies per se but just the results of these movies.
I made a statement that ARR cannot bring in the crowds on the strength of his music becos ARR isnt the only strength of the movies he is
working with. Unless ARR gets back working with new directors/stars he is never gonna get any credit. I cannot dwell on the topic that ARR got more whistles than Amir Khan. That was very naive statment to make.
Tamizh I dont buy the arguement that those movies would have been a hit anyway. If thats the case, you can equally argue all the Hit ARR movies would have been hits anyway even if there is no ARR.
With the possible exception of Kadhal Desam&Taal , movies like Gentleman,Indian,Roja, Bombay, Alaipayuthey,KK would have all been hits anyway.
My main contention was Yuvan is going through what ARR went through a decade ago. Yuvan is slowly becoming a household name. This may also well do with the fact that ARR was away from tfm for so long.
As far as comparing the quality and the likeabilty of the songs thats an open debate.

Having said that I think the tastes of the public have changed dramatically, they need more than a good music to make a movie a hit. Off course you can count out the once in a life time songs like
Vazha meenu, O Podu, Manmatha Rasa. By now all the MD's have realised that its the Box Office that determines the fate of their music. But we at tfmpage go beyond the box office ....
In Hindi ARR is King, but in Tamil ARR has to fight it out. His associations with SJS/KSR didnt help in big way. I am really hoping with JOK ARR can take his fort becos Shivaji will be a Rajni movie. Period.
I still maintain the fact that Yuvan has a long way to go before we start comparing him with ARR.

thamizhvaanan
21st April 2006, 10:15 AM
I made a statement that ARR cannot bring in the crowds on the strength of his music becos ARR isnt the only strength of the movies he is
working with.
Exactly my point dude. And by the way forgot to mention abt Rhythm. I beleive the film ran for its music. Haiyo pathikuchu was an instant hit. I would personally attribute the phenomenal success of rhythm album, to the "outta the world" Alaipayuthe, which resulted in such an hype for Rhythm :)

In Hindi ARR is King, but in Tamil ARR has to fight it out. His associations with SJS/KSR didnt help in big way.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: In hindi, ARR is the king not bcoz he is doing many projects there, mainly bcoz his name is among the first to be written down (or atleast sought) before finalizing the crew for any big project or supposedly a movie for international audience. The truth is in both the film industries, ARR is rejecting more films than accepting. This gives ppl an illusion that directors dont go behind ARR, and that he has lost his market.

MADDY
21st April 2006, 10:18 AM
sloshed, u r being prjeudiced against ARR here...u dont want to talk abt ARR's role in making RDB a hit in south......RDB is HIT due to ARR in south......there are no 2 ways abt it......also, u r safely crediting shivaji's success to rajni and exclude ARR now only....that's not true.....and ur placing ur bet on JOK which might flop big time.......

moreover ARR became a household name in 1 year, YSR has been here for 8 years, still trying to be one,do u mean to say they are equal???

ARR bought in a new sound, new recording style, world sounds(now dont tell me he copied them),padmashree in 6years, 2 NA in 6 years, rocked whole India....infact for kadhal desam they had bigger cutouts for ARR than vineeth/abbas/tabu......

i wud like to conclude ARR is a phenom, YSR is a music director....

rsubras
21st April 2006, 12:25 PM
slosed you just talked my mind in two of ur earlier posts...i wud really like to quote, but i wud end up quoting the entire two posts :)

I would like to add on some more what u've said

Trash films that ran solely bcoz of ARR's songs

(1) Kaadhal Desam - havent seen a movie with a crap of a screenplay than this.. Best music of that time from ARR

(2) Kadhalar Dhinam - better than Kaathal desam, but still a nothing movie except ARR's music

(3) Kaadhalan - Average movie, but superhit bcoz of ARR

But ARR also had given some excellent music to some films which still flopped

(1) Sangamam
(2) Vandicholai Sinrasu (except two damp squibs in parotta parotta and eh kutti pappa)
(3) Tajmahal
(4) May maadham
(5) Kangalal Kaidhu sei

and many more esp in the Post 2000

So the bottom line is songs or a MD alone cannot make a film hit. It also depends on the picturisation. Kathir and Shankar excel in that and the same goes for Vishnuvardhan, Selvaraghavan etc.,

MADDY
21st April 2006, 12:46 PM
Trash films that ran solely bcoz of ARR's songs

(1) Kaadhal Desam - havent seen a movie with a crap of a screenplay than this.. Best music of that time from ARR

(2) Kadhalar Dhinam - better than Kaathal desam, but still a nothing movie except ARR's music

(3) Kaadhalan - Average movie, but superhit bcoz of ARR

rsubras, wat abt Minsara kanavu,jeans,taal,Indira, duet, en swasa kaatre, ratchagan, jodi........he also desperately tried to save Boys but even god cannot help that movie.....

thamizhvaanan
21st April 2006, 01:00 PM
It is not only the picturisation, but the type of music also that drives the public. we may call the taste of public as poor, call the songs trash, but wat the public wants in the theatre is entertainment. We wont feel the pulse unless we experience it.
Cine goers would like a song to be pacy, with a punch, so that they can dance to it. I myself have experienced similar feeling during my college culturals, choreo nite. we had a gr8 nite that day, all racy songs , gud dance by the participant. some of the songs that made me go bezerk then were naattu charakku, manmadha rasa, yei aathaa aathorama vaariya and so on. no cultured music feast can equal that wild dance and fun i had that day. At times u gotta come outta ur brain and feel the animal in u, that is raw enjoyment :)

dinesh2002
21st April 2006, 01:23 PM
It is not only the picturisation, but the type of music also that drives the public. we may call the taste of public as poor, call the songs trash, but wat the public wants in the theatre is entertainment. We wont feel the pulse unless we experience it.
Cine goers would like a song to be pacy, with a punch, so that they can dance to it. I myself have experienced similar feeling during my college culturals, choreo nite. we had a gr8 nite that day, all racy songs , gud dance by the participant. some of the songs that made me go bezerk then were naattu charakku, manmadha rasa, yei aathaa aathorama vaariya and so on. no cultured music feast can equal that wild dance and fun i had that day. At times u gotta come outta ur brain and feel the animal in u, that is raw enjoyment :)

i double on that man....its just when u need to enjoy with ur frens...not thinking bout quality all....its great to just dance to appadi poodu,etc etc....but its sad this masala songs's fame is making the music dirs called as Music Genius :lol: ARR could make a very punch song with its quality not beein degraded down....same thing on YSR...i only manage to see this in YSR...his THeepidika is just hot music with quality not beein down.Hj falls down on this part.His cheap songs like Kokku Meenai & Kalayanam than kathikithu odipolama is just errmmm :shock: Randakka would have been something like that...thank god it had Shankar to save the makkals.... :lol: was the lyric by Vairamuthu??? :?

xml
21st April 2006, 08:14 PM
It is not worth to compare YSR with any MD.It is just begening of his achievement.Now itself he took over ARR in TFM.Look at the current topic(where completely domonated by YSR) and ARR thread,Just old history and feature albums(that will be forever or will be dropped coz of ARR'delay).
There is only one point where you can show ARR above YSR is his achievements in the begening of his career before YSR and HJ entry.If YSR has been entered before ARR he could not have been entered in to TFM.The current situation proves that.
They never accept YSR success and ARR's downfall and trying to prove with his past achievements.If not ARR definitely YSR could have been done that.His present success and ARR's failure proves that.If he is really talented than YSR let him prove with his albums in TFM with YSR.

Next comment will come can YSR prove in Hindi and international.Well.He already won award for RAM just for tamil film.Since he rules TFM and Tollywood with continous success with more no of movies it doesn't make sense ask him to leave TFM and perform in HFM.If he shift to HFM definitely will send off ARR from HFM.It is upto him where he want to make his projects.But it very clear ARR can not win YSR in TFM any more.YSR should be compared with the Leading MD in the world not the retired MD's.

MADDY
21st April 2006, 08:38 PM
in kannada we have a saying "entu vaiyasili nanna maga dhanta agidha" - which means my son has started doing things at the age of 8 that he shuld have done at age of 2.......this is used by moms who feel elated for their sons who do things late....

ur msg reminds me of that :lol: .....ur YSR is here for 8 years and now he is getting his first award.... :lol: :lol: ........also he is tasting success after 7 years of failures and that too after being Ilayaraja's son.......i wonder wat wud have happened if he was born as a normal guy......probably he wud have gone to ground with flops like aravindhan and punnagai poove........

some ppl. (ARR & IR) are born great, some ppl. (YSR) are forced into greatness.......

btw, can u tell me which album of YSR has sold more than Boys,which was released in the supposedly ARR-dull period.....

sloshed
21st April 2006, 09:38 PM
Maddy ,
When did I ever say that ARR and Yuvan are equal?
I am not being prejudiced or Biased .... If you remain to hold that ARR is the secret of success for RDB ..please do so. In the recent times in Hindi , Himesh is the only guy who made a movie run based on his strength of music. But he is a la Yuvan, He refuses to work with the kinds of Yash or Karan.

"moreover ARR became a household name in 1 year, YSR has been here for 8 years, still trying to be one"

Please allow me to use the concept of inflation to answer this. One ruppee in 1990 is no longer equal to the one ruppee in 2005. For most of us the salary we earn right now was what our dads got when they retired.

ARR pioneered the art of sound engineering in TN. In the late 80 and early 90's even the hindi belt was still being hammered by the tunes of Nadeem Shravan and Jatin Lajit.

As with any new concept, it easily took to public's imagination. The MTV generation which was held subdued for a long time in TN, was slowly inching it way to freedom. The timing was perfect, globalisation and ARR's entry achieved a remarkable success. So did the tastes of people who no longer look for who's the hero and the heroine, but now more interested in the MD, Director, Technicians.

When the other MD's dismissed him as 'computer kid'. He stood his own proving that technology is here to stay. If you look into any history of revolutions, you can easily find a patch of Rahmanic History there.

But today things have changed, the recording techniques of Yuvan, HJ, VS are second to one. That is why ARR is finding a tough footing here. For Yuvan to become a household name in the matter of a year that you were talking would have been a monumental feat.
As you could see, currently in TN, the popularity of Yuvan has increased with all the success of his movies and so does his stock of becoming a household name. Previously in the early 90's ARR was the one person who the people eagerly waited for the audio cassette release. I am afraid now it isnt so with most of the people. This generation has a fleeting quality. They need instant results . Period.

Now if you compare the recent outputs in tamil, tell me who do you think the public will want to hear more. Now being in a neutral position , do you think albums like New, Ah Ah, Godfather will be heard more against Pattiyal, KNM, 7G,AA ??
Success of the movies played a big part agreed, but other than 'Mayil erage' and 'theeyil vizhuntha' nuthing has catupred the public's imagination. Being an ARR fan you might agrue against the popularity of other songs. But that entirely your opinion.

You just cant discredit Yuvan for achieving less. The periods are different. ARR is always remain a legend of Indian Cinema. As you said earlier, in order to have another legend you really have to break free from the influence of Rahman or IR. Composing a song with Soul is the key. I dont know if I will ever see another one , but hey there is nuthing worng in wishing

Laterz

Raikkonen
21st April 2006, 10:28 PM
What nonsense is this..

ARR koda HJ and YSR comparison ah?
:banghead:

They should be proud their name actually was slotted along with the legend in this thread...

MrJudge
21st April 2006, 10:52 PM
sloshed:

I remember asking a similar question to our beloved machchan MADDY in some other thread. Not only he , his camp always brings a decade old movie to compare YSR's success today. I know he cannot answer my question, he simply disappeared from that discussion. Well, you are hitting your head against the wall, best of luck ;)

thamizhvaanan
21st April 2006, 11:16 PM
OK wat went wrong here, for the first time it seemed there is some kinda consensus, but xml spoiled it all, the topic will be boiling hot once again, but i doubt wether i will check it again. I wish, ARR fans ignore this and do something useful :)

MADDY
22nd April 2006, 06:54 AM
sloshed, u call my claim of ARR's contri to RDB's success as a naive arguement and at the same time u r attributing ARR's success to inflation, globalisation, MTV generation's freedom.......mannn, globalisation means more competitiveness, y do u think only ARRahman of the 1 billion indian population cud make it big in Indian music???? u talk as if globalisation benefitted only ARR and not others......ARR is no.1 purely bcos of his talents/innovation....

u say 90's and 2000's is totally different......but how come Federer of this gen is playing better than sampras of 90's?? how come Dhoni of today is creating waves similar to Sachin in 90's, adhellam edhukkupa, come to music only, how come Himesh is able to create craze @ that ARR created in 90's, then y YSR is not able to create atleast 70% of wat ARR did in 90's......summa nondi saaku solli YSRa support pannadhinga......he is not in the league......

YSR is not that great as u ppl. are claiming........otherwise he shuld have put a slumping ARRahman out of business.......we still see ARRahman garnering all big projects in tamil, still selling the highest.....man he shuld throw ARR out, then i will accept he is gud....he doesent have that kinda force......

also , let him create something new.....

sibicalls
22nd April 2006, 08:04 AM
first let YSR create something original before creating some new style

xml
22nd April 2006, 09:08 AM
Innovation.
Listern to Dheena `oru nenjamilla nalil' and ARR'S smiya from kandukondein.
`kunnoru poochatti' from velai and `dolna' from parasuram.
you will understand ysr is ahead of arr.

xml
22nd April 2006, 09:40 AM
Innovation.
Listern to Dheena `oru nenjamilla nalil' and ARR'S smiya from kandukondein.
`kunnoru poochatti' from velai and `dolna' from parasuram.
you will understand ysr is ahead of arr.

Scale
22nd April 2006, 10:12 AM
RS,

meendum you are climbing the ladder :wink:. These have been discussed several times and Why "Repeatu" after a period of time. Do you think I have not read those figures b4 posting. My point is that he has sold more units than BS & Madonna combined according to ALW,Times Magazine ,BBC,Indiatimes,CBSO etc..... Tho figures might vary in every other article but it is to be believed at several occassions . Check ALW profile & his earlier productions?. Do you think ALW is a fool to sign ARR without analysing all these facts and TIMES,BBC to publish it blindly. Jokepa.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3211258.stm
http://www.time.com/time/covers/1101030908/xarts.html?CNN=yes

200 million records ,WHY?
http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/music/20020802-0.html

RS,

Look, What all you are doing?

1. Stop TB Ambassador - ARR Not worth? :evil:
2. His unit sales are not acceptable (Media hypes Times,BBC,Indiatimes,etc...)
3. There is nothing to cherish ARR as international recognition for composing Hindi films, WOHE, BD now TLOR. Attemting these international projects arent achievements rather an EXIT from TFM.
4. Barring few films he is unfit for film composing. On the other hand you have loads of praises for YSR.

idhellam thevaiya. endha vidhadula nyayam! No more poke emoticons :lol: :rotfl:

Good, You havent raised anything about ARR's CBSO concert on safer side.

Scale
22nd April 2006, 10:47 AM
MADDY,

I know ppl will form their opinions about RDB's music only with those shown in the BIG screens. Many would not even have heard the whole soundtracks. Now I understood why Mr.Sloshed supported Rakesh for those songs picturisations.

For ARR's Variety in RDB, read this post
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/60253

MADDY
22nd April 2006, 05:34 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_selling_music_artists

look for artistes sold more than 100 million albums.......just to add fuel to fire in anti-ARR's stomachs :D .....find a indian name other than ARRahman in this list i'll drop from this forum only......

sloshed and other YSR sympathisers, if YSR reaches here one day then let us see.....

njv
22nd April 2006, 05:46 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Best_selling_music_artists

look for artistes sold more than 100 million albums.......just to add fuel to fire in anti-ARR's stomachs :D .....find a indian name other than ARRahman in this list i'll drop from this forum only......

sloshed and other YSR sympathisers, if YSR reaches here one day then let us see.....

Maddy,

I saw in one interview by ARR himself that Vandematharam is sold 10 million (not 100 million) and thats the best one can get in indian music. Other than Vandematharam, Venkateshwara Suprapatham
& Vishnu sahasranamam hold the record for highest selling indian album.

njv
22nd April 2006, 05:48 PM
i still dont know why we need to compare ysr and arr here. they server different categories of audiance and movie makers. please stop this nonsense here.

MADDY
22nd April 2006, 06:03 PM
njv, that is figure for entire career and not only one album........obviously nobody can sell 100 million for 1 album.......

mannn, my eyes swelled when i saw ARRahman and Pink Floyd near to each other in this list..... :thumbsup:

ezy0265
22nd April 2006, 07:35 PM
-deleted-

In the first place ARR did not put anyone out of business with his immense skills and presence. YSR don't have to put anyone out of business to proof his quality. His music speaks for itself and his growing number of fans will be there to support this fact.
Dream on that ARR is getting all the big projects! Even his so called big projects like KSR's Godfather has been a super sappa!!! Utter crap.
Why Kanna talking so much??? Take a break have a Kit-Kat.
ARR Album sales figurela oru periya ultaave irukkum polarukku! Avan Avan oru figuru pottu thalraan! BBC, ABC ellaam enna seivaanunga paavum. ALW velambaratthukkaga summa aeithi vitta figura kanda menikku pottiruppaannga. Inga Inthiyaavula ithalaam verify pandrathukku enga evanukku irukku thuppu!

moderator's note: no personal attacks!

muzammil84
23rd April 2006, 12:30 AM
ezy0265 :)
Very Nice Think About A Tamilan Who rock Whole world :)

Fire111999
23rd April 2006, 01:05 AM
hi, i'ven't been following this thread. just read the first few posts. i might be bringing up a long forgotten topic, but i think that suttum vizhi sudare is better than mayiliragey. i like mayiliragey as well, but sometimes i feel that it's too slow and i change songs half way through. i've never skipped suttum vizhi sudare and i've listened to it so many times. and i'm a arr fan.

MADDY
23rd April 2006, 09:04 AM
hi fire...welcome here...we have seen so many so-called-ARR-fans like who have backfired on us.....try something new mannn..... :D

dinesh will tell u where HJ got inspiration for suttum vizhi song....

Thunderbird
23rd April 2006, 09:12 AM

dinesh, please tell me where ARR got inspiration for mayilirage :)

thamizhvaanan
23rd April 2006, 09:49 AM
from his heart :P

thamizhvaanan
23rd April 2006, 09:50 AM
or may be from GOD. he is a godsend and so are his songs!!! :)

Fire111999
23rd April 2006, 02:05 PM
hi fire...welcome here...we have seen so many so-called-ARR-fans like who have backfired on us.....try something new mannn..... :D

i;m not denying the mayiliragey is a nice song. and i;m not denying tt arr rocks! but tt doesn't mean no one else can compose good songs.

MADDY
23rd April 2006, 05:14 PM
fire, wat is meant by tt??

no way we are all telling that ARR can only compose gud songs......if u look at the history of this forum u'll find ARR's music called as dying,gone and YSR fans have ridiclued his many achievements like bombay dreams, national awards, padmashree award and use pretty filthy language against us.......ppl. even attribute globalisation to ARR's success.......we r just reacting to all these things.......infact it is ARR fans only who love other MD songs.....i love Thulluvatho ilamai,manmadhan, AAriyamalum, KKondein and many other YSR's albums.....but wen ppl. try to call him better than ARR then, yes, we have to react.....

terminator
23rd April 2006, 05:24 PM
ARR must not compared with YSR and HJ.

It is like comparing Ocean with the river.

Fire111999
23rd April 2006, 05:35 PM
fire, wat is meant by tt??

no way we are all telling that ARR can only compose gud songs......if u look at the history of this forum u'll find ARR's music called as dying,gone and YSR fans have ridiclued his many achievements like bombay dreams, national awards, padmashree award and use pretty filthy language against us.......ppl. even attribute globalisation to ARR's success.......we r just reacting to all these things.......infact it is ARR fans only who love other MD songs.....i love Thulluvatho ilamai,manmadhan, AAriyamalum, KKondein and many other YSR's albums.....but wen ppl. try to call him better than ARR then, yes, we have to react.....

same here. i enjoy listening to ysr's songs. but to compare him with arr? pls!

dinesh2002
23rd April 2006, 06:41 PM

dinesh, please tell me where ARR got inspiration for mayilirage :)

Suttum Vizhi = Kismat Se Tum - Pukar :mrgreen:

Mayilirage = From ARR's Heart & Mind :thumbsup:

xml
23rd April 2006, 08:55 PM
dinesh2002
thank you for posting jokes here. I really enjoyed with the songs and your post.
Please understand this is forum .not for making jokes. And don't make fun on padmashre ARR songs.

Thunderbird
23rd April 2006, 09:14 PM

you're funny :lol:

xml
23rd April 2006, 09:36 PM
dinesh2002
thank you for posting jokes here. I really enjoyed with the songs and your post.
Please understand this is forum .not for making jokes. And don't make fun on padmashre ARR songs.

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 03:55 PM

you're funny :lol:

u sure the 'thunder' didint affect u man??? :lol:

Thunderbird
24th April 2006, 03:57 PM
nice try arr fan.. expected frm u :)

bye

MADDY
24th April 2006, 04:32 PM
hey i almost forgot the 3rd name in the topic......Harris Jeyaraj........y dunt ppl. compare him with YSR??? actually they can be better compared as they are from same generation....

dinesh2002
24th April 2006, 04:49 PM
guys...listen to the audio of Katril & Deepavail of the videos which released online...they r quite diff from the cd's version!!

Thunderbird
24th April 2006, 04:54 PM
bad > average :rotfl:

xml
24th April 2006, 06:07 PM
FYI
Kismat se Pukar song is inspired from the IR's oldies "Karaiyai kadakkum thamaraiye".
Still no one answered for my post.Let me remind again
Listern to YSR Dheena's oru nenjam illa naalil and ARR's smiyai from Kandu kondein.Kunnooru poochatti from YSR's velai and Dolna from Parasuram.These are 6 year old songs.YSR was an inspiration for ARR long time ago.

ezy0265
24th April 2006, 06:38 PM
xml,

you will not get a reply from any of those targets. They are totally devoted to only attempt to make allegations after allegations that every other composers' songs are inspired or copied or lifted from some ARR song, no matter how ridiculous the link is they will have to still say something by default: I think it is built in every ARR fans agenda as they can't face the fact that ARR is facing a slow death in TMF with a string of sappa albums and such continous hits from people like YSR and Harris.

And yes, since Harris is so easily making hits by just lifting ARR's songs, someone please advise ARR to do the same and perhaps at least then he may come with better albums himself.

thamizhvaanan
24th April 2006, 07:16 PM
xml, ezy, i dunno from which planet u guyz are from, but ARR fans are not replying, bcoz some ppl just dont deserve even that little bit damn!!! may be i will stop posting also. I try to stop myself from ridiculing other ppls intellect, but for some ppl it is so obvious. Its like it is written on their forehead - "Cr*p, dont give a damn"

app_engine
26th April 2006, 08:14 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14192507

says HJ & YSR neck-to-neck for top spot in audio sales...

MADDY
26th April 2006, 08:22 PM
[tscii:96726a0566]
Remember that Yuvan has not been able to match Harris’ Ghajini audio sales

interesting....... :D[/tscii:96726a0566]

Sanjeevi
26th April 2006, 09:03 PM
[tscii:43ba6dc293]
Remember that Yuvan has not been able to match Harris’ Ghajini audio sales

interesting....... :D[/tscii:43ba6dc293]

if it is true (i don't think so), yuvan will be the real Ghajini :thumbsup:. I mean he will get the cup finally (after so many tries)

MusicIsLife
26th April 2006, 10:48 PM
Xml
I am not quite sure about this, but in my opinion, what Deva did to IR is just getting repeated for ARR by Harris. HJ might be a really good composer and lot of people might like it, except the first album (and KK) and some songs here and there (ex anniyan), i dont believe HJ is that good (this is my opinion). YSR seems to be a little class apart from HJ having some good catchy tunes and listenable melodies. But both HJ and YSR have a long way to go, for now i might think, YSR is taking the lead.
ARR is a class apart no matter whatever people might say. whether he loses ground or not is something I care, his style was unique, he created a genre and he stuck to it for people to follow, duplicate and inspire. This is what IR did with his amazing melodies complex but yet simple interludes, the purity and nativity of music transitions, not to forget the great background scores.

MusicIsLife
26th April 2006, 10:51 PM
i surely like the Arinthum Ariyamalum, Pattiyal, Kanda naal mudhal songs. I surely liked a couple of songs from Kadhal, i guess the MD was Joshua...

MADDY
27th April 2006, 09:55 AM
hey MIL, welcome back......how are u??? long time no see.... :D .....

MIL, i guess YSR fans think ARR is gone for sure......cant help much either unless Godfather and JOK come up with trumps......

kameshratnam
27th April 2006, 12:55 PM
According to me Ah..Aah was a great album.. A R R has tried a lot of new things in that album
Imagine the duet thazuvudu duet with SPB and Sadna..it was out of the world ..
And the hariharan chithra duet of varugirai was excellent. I think the film bombed and hence audio did not receive the proper recognition. Personally i feel its one of the best albums of A R R..

MusicIsLife
27th April 2006, 07:10 PM
MADDY,
yes it has been a while I visited the forum, and that I did not listen to any recent songs or watch tamil movies (almost 3 years) it gives me no right to opine anything. Now that I have been catching so to say the past 3 years of movies/music, I felt that my opinion could be stated.

Thanks anyways, by the way, i liked some of the background scores in Ah Aah, the movie was a drag, but ARR had done his part.

Digression
It might be old news, but Azhagi had really amazing songs and BG by IR
End

YSR is doing his job very well, do you agree, I guess he has come up with more catchy numbers and melodies than HJ did in recent times.

Maddy, ARR Fans (not you atleast) did the same thing with IR, posted some worse stuff here, so I think we should ignore them and just take opinions that make sense.

When they say ARR is gone: I dont understand, Tell me if I am wrong, he has the following right
GodFather, JOK, Sivaji, Dasavatharam, Guru and whatelse?

njv
28th April 2006, 08:35 AM
When they say ARR is gone: I dont understand, Tell me if I am wrong, he has the following right
GodFather, JOK, Sivaji, Dasavatharam, Guru and whatelse?

GF, JOK, Shivaji for sure.

10A - not sure now, since there are rumours abt 5 MDs (hope its false)

Guru - ignore this totally. MR is going to spoil his career and also ARR with this.

thamizhvaanan
28th April 2006, 08:38 AM
why everyone is pessimistic abt Guru, I remember jaiganes also saying something similar :(

rsubras
28th April 2006, 11:55 AM
why everyone is pessimistic abt Guru, I remember jaiganes also saying something similar

The previous Mani-ARR combo suffered a lot from the hype surrounded to it, generated by the media and later the music by ARR. So this time ARR's wellwishers are trying to remove that hype by creating a pessimistic feeling :)

njv
29th April 2006, 12:15 AM
why everyone is pessimistic abt Guru, I remember jaiganes also saying something similar :(

MR copied so much from hollywood and now every one of his movie is getting criticized.

Media doesnt like MR at all. Dont know why. May be he was rude to media. This still continues.

MR is not real. He got lucky with Nayagan and Thalapathi and thats it.

thamizhvaanan
29th April 2006, 05:31 AM
nayagan and thalapthy lucky?? :roll: i liked his other films also :roll:

MADDY
29th April 2006, 07:02 AM
HYPE has killed lot of Rahman movies.....its gud that Guru,JOK,Godfather will come with very low expectations....shivaji is the only movie hyped zillion times than normal.....

dinesh2002
29th April 2006, 09:19 AM
true MR got luck with Nayakan & Thalapathy...but i think he really got his TALENT noticed with his post 1992s movies...though some were inspired by eng novels/serials/movies....it has good screenplay and down to earth perfomance by artists like shalini,madhavan,arvind samy,mohan lal,aishu...etc etc...duncha think so??? and hey...tell me 1 dir who hasnt got INSPIRED in his life???? the latest hyped Ghajini was a MAJOR ripp of from eng movie and u guys go WOOHOOO over him...and complaning bout MR??? weirdosz....

dinesh2002
29th April 2006, 09:24 AM
HYPE has killed lot of Rahman movies.....its gud that Guru,JOK,Godfather will come with very low expectations....shivaji is the only movie hyped zillion times than normal.....

yes Maddy.... i dunno wut they see in this Shivaji...the latest stills look so bad...like as if a cartoon movie with fancy colour cloths by Rajini and a plump Sherya.... even 1 of the scene was explained in rajinifans website and that was nothing but a ripp off of Anniyan's scene [the part how rajini will approache sherya's parents to let them know his love on thier daughter].also ARR-Shankar might not have that scope to bring out the MUSIC coz there is a FACT blocking thier freedom.ive already set my mind that its ARR-Rajini songs & not ARR-Shankars.wut more to look foward??ofcource im looking foward for the movie...just to see whether its a REMAKE of malayalam film or not :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Scale
29th April 2006, 10:34 AM

MR copied so much from hollywood and now every one of his movie is getting criticized.

Media doesnt like MR at all. Dont know why. May be he was rude to media. This still continues.

MR is not real. He got lucky with Nayagan and Thalapathi and thats it.

:lol: :rotfl: :thumbsup: :notworthy: (thirutha mudiyadhu)

MrJudge
29th April 2006, 10:51 AM
MR and ex-MD comba-va? kandippa poduvaanga ivarukku avaram, avarukku ivarum :)

A.ANAND
29th April 2006, 12:12 PM
mr.njv,unggaluku maniratnam mela appadi enna sir kovam???
ethavathu ass.dir chance kettu poi ninnu,avaru unngala veratti vittutara???hahaha......

njv
29th April 2006, 10:57 PM
madhavan,arvind samy,aishu...etc etc...

:lol:

Why compare him with ARM who is not even a name worth to mention. MR post 92 movies are disasters. Tell me one movie which has everything in it like Nayagan, Dalapathi, Agni Natchatram, Idhayathai Thirudathae and even Pagal Nilavu.

Anand

I just hated his recent movies, since they were absolute copies and how someone who did Nayagan and Dalapathi can go down to this level. Thats it. Even if I want to ask for ass.dir, i wont go to mani. To me his days are over back in 91.

btw instead of hahaha you can post :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
29th April 2006, 11:51 PM
njv, i guess even u have changed after YSR's entry :D .....i can see a lot of strength in IR camp after YSR started to make a mark.......u guys are attacking ARR camp with renewed vigour.... :lol:

roja was the movie that gave him national recgnition......Bombay was the movie that put mani in elite list of directors in India.......Kannathil Muthamittal made him the "film festival" guy........infact b4 1992 he was just a local director.......after ARR's entry only his movies have a national appeal.....

MusicIsLife
30th April 2006, 12:20 AM
Just bcoz we r in the topic for MR, i dont what is there to find fault with AE. I loved it. Personal opinions dont matter, but it still was good (tamil version had the vigor, Hindi Yuva did not make any mark with me). May be I understood the tamil dialogues much better with the overtones of locale.

I think ARR gives genuinely his style of Music, and people who are inspired sometimes go to the extend of duplication, that is a cheap trick.

According to the topic, i guess YSR is doing a fantastic job, i just watched Pattiyal, man-o-man this YSR is rocking in it, i did not want to forward the songs, and the background was one notch classy. Hopefully the Pudhupettai movie would be very good (7G also had a great score).

njv
30th April 2006, 03:47 AM
Just bcoz we r in the topic for MR, i dont what is there to find fault with AE. I loved it.

Even I loved it until I realized that its an "exact" copy of a spanish movie. I lost my impression on him after that.

MR was popular from Nayagan not after Roja. Roja and bombay are national theme and more over had new sound altogether (ARR ofcourse) and the reason why it got attention.

KM is definitely worth mentioning as a good movie, but has to see which movie he copied from.

ezy0265
30th April 2006, 07:13 AM
MADDY,

again you have started your nonsense.

Naayagan was sent for Oscar nominations representing India. Don't just talk crap as if MR only learnt how to direct movies well becuase ARR was there!!!???

MADDY
30th April 2006, 08:47 AM
we all know IR is a "no-body" in Bollywood......so it is ARR who was the trumpcard for mani's movies in Bollywood.......As much as ARR owes MR , at the same time MR owes ARR his national recognition......there is no denying it....

ezy--> btw Nayagan is the all time fav of mine......

rsubras
30th April 2006, 11:20 AM
njv, Kannathil Muthamittal pathi solave iliyae..... That is a real class movie, excellent picturisation, semma natural scenes and dialogues (infact MR even used some of the simran-maddy love scenes for Ayitha ezhuthu between Surya and Esha)

and the bgm was simply outstanding, esp in the climax

btw i didnt like AE that much

rsubras
30th April 2006, 11:22 AM
maddy,

while IR is a king of tamil music, ARR is a King in giving music that breaks language barriers IMHO ...

rsubras
30th April 2006, 11:23 AM
maddy,

while IR is a king of south indian music, ARR is a King in giving music that breaks language barriers IMHO ...

njv
30th April 2006, 05:49 PM
njv, Kannathil Muthamittal pathi solave iliyae.....

Athathaan munnaadiyae sollitane ("KM is definitely worth mentioning as a good movie, but has to see which movie he copied from")

rsubras
1st May 2006, 12:00 AM
appadi paartha Kamal sir ku evvalavo sollalame ;)

ada en pa namooru aalunga oruthar superah panniruntha athai udane paarata pidikkama ivlo superah panrare, enga irunthu suttirupparo ninaikareenga ;)

oru chinna question njv, if MR wud have really copied AE or KM or any of his previous movies, hwo cud he have screened those on international film festivals and still won acclaim for it?
oru 1 or 2 para copy adichathukke Kavya va avlo insult panranga ithellam summa vittirupanga??

vijayr
1st May 2006, 03:46 AM
Ayudha ezhuthu is not even a copy, dont believe anyone who says that. The only thing that is similar between AE and Amoros Perros is the concept of a central accident and three stories branching from it. The three stories of the three characters themselves are Mani's own. Both movies deal with entirely different issues. If this is a "copy" then every other Kamal film can be branded as a "copy". MagaLir mattum is almost a scene by scene lift. Avvai ShaNmughi, anbe sivam,Virumandi etc., are all "copies" using the same standards.

Selvaraghavan's kaadhal Konden had characters/storyline lifted from a German film("Klassenfahrt" if I remember right) as the news floated around at that time. Plus the movie itself was reminiscent of the many anti-hero films we had seen earlier in Hindi and Tamil including Baazigar, GuNa etc.. Selvaraghavan gets inspired by a lot of european films/Hollywood flicks he sees at festivals.

I will tell you whose movies are completely original- Perarasu's :-) If that is the only hallmark of a great director, likes of Perarasu, Vikraman, KS Ravikumar, DharaNi etc. would be the greatest directors we have seen.

Bottomline is, every great artiste has his or own inpsirations. The extent of inspiration and the extent of their own imagination/creativity put into their films is to be considered before branding anyone as a copycat director. Many Bollywood directors like Sanjay Gupta (who was recently caught red-handed flicking from a Korean film) are examples of copycat directors. Not someone of Mani Ratnam's stature.

(recently, Pattiyal is more of a lift in Tamil, in the style of Sanjay Gupta's films.Ghajni seems to be an inspiration)

Even Kamal, with his countless inspirations, still adds his own to a movie.

thamizhvaanan
1st May 2006, 07:05 AM
I completely agree with u vijayr :notworthy: . exactly my same point of view (but somewat polished i guess :D) .

As u said, these films are just inspirations, like a spark. the director and story teller's calibre shows off in the way he builds the character and story around this slight spark. in that way, kamal's films are at times better than MRs. If guna was stupendous, heyram was out of this world. i dunno if these films were inspired.

njv sir, u said that u dont like MRs films after nayagan and dhalapathi. but aren these two supposed to be his most heavily inspired film?

MADDY
1st May 2006, 09:31 AM
rite.......Mani is such a director who takes a spark out of a movie/real incident and then pens a different story around it.....he doesent copy.....he just takes a thread and sews a cloth....the cloth will be so gud that u will forget the thread that he took......many ppl. mite think roja is not inspired but it was...it was inspired from real story of Indian Oil officer Doraisamy who escaped from kashmir militants but ppl. could not even recognise that.....that's MR...

itsmuls
1st May 2006, 05:07 PM
[tscii:57640ee5ec]"Asked to comment on the Tiruvachagam controversy, he vehemently claimed that it was simply ridiculous to blame Raja. He had heard the symphony and it bore the stamp of Raja’s genius.

That’s Rahman for you. Humble and respectful of seniors."

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/apr-06-04/01-05-06-ar-rahman.html[/tscii:57640ee5ec]

MusicIsLife
2nd May 2006, 12:24 AM
Quick note: I did not like the songs in Ghajini yes one or two had made me listen another time, but the Background score was good. HJ did a pretty good job.

I just wanted to add "COPY" is different from "INSPIRATION", "COMMERCIALIZATION FOR THE LOCAL"

If you see Memento, and Ghajini, i think the director did an awesome job of having 2 heroines, keeping the pace in an awesome manner and wonderfully crafted the screenplay, HJ did play a good part of providing a decent BG score. It is how you adapt a story for the local masses and still make it different, may be at-times send a message should be commendable.

thamizhvaanan
2nd May 2006, 08:32 AM
IMHO, I thot gajini's screenplay was outright stupid. it was ok in the first half atleast where u get to see a typical tamil film's light-hearted moments. but it fails bigtime in logic, execution and screenplay. there were so many idiotic moments in the film that i lost my count halfway through :lol:

Like, whenever nayantara does some research and finds something related to surya, there are always a couple of stupid girls, willing to peer into a file and shake their heads like dumb***, nodding to wateva she says. I mean, a good director wud have atleast given some degree of individuality or characterisation to these girls so that they dont look like extras.

In another instance, these girls ask for additional info abt gajini from their lecturer, he digs a CD out of "old" records and puts it into a computer. we would normally expect a complete indepth case profile to be present. but instead, wat he shows? a revolving manda vodu and tells us that this is gajini :rotfl: . only in ARMs films can such dumb ppl instruct in a medical college :( .

This isnt first time for ARM, in Ramana, we see vijaykant typing seriously into his comp, while ppl are getting kidnapped all over TN. then after sometime we get to have a look at his monitor. BLOODY HELL! HE IS TYPING INTO WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: the player is playing a movie file, which shows the pic of the victim and displays his name and info as if it is being typed out. But he doesn even bother to put them in Fullscreen mode.

There are several other funny instances in this film like, the policeman telling us that this page of diary is dec 31st and the diary doesnt have any more pags after this. Great kandupidippu. and in another scene commissioner sees a number on surya's body and and announces his discovery "all ten digit numbers, must be cellphone number".

If i ever get to make a spoof on gajini, it wud be a stuff worth 5 scary movies :lol: but i dont understand why this movie is getting appreciated even a little bit :roll:

Thunderbird
2nd May 2006, 08:49 AM
:shock: analysing the movie...

am I in the wrong thread :?

thamizhvaanan
2nd May 2006, 08:57 AM
sorry i did the wrong job :oops:

jaiganes
2nd May 2006, 10:10 AM
Itsmuls!
Good job of posting the right news in the thread.
I have always been maintaining that ARR and IR share a good rapport. It is just the fans who go bonkers at each other. Infact in IR's one man show, he made fun of YSR more than anyone else. The slant at how YSR would have tuned "Maanguyile" was classic.

I am surprised how Mani's criticism has carried over into another thread!! I do accept vijayr's take on AE. I do not accuse him of plagiarism the way other MR detractors do. My point (which I have explained in detail in the Guru thread) is that Mani has lost the fiz he initially had!. That is possibly due to the fact that most of his inspirations are available in your nearest DVD store. probbly thats why Selvaraghavan had to go for a German movie inspiration!!. Mani's movies are getting predictable and boring. Kannathil Muthamittal was one of the most boring movies I have watched in the recent times. It is probly good. However certain Mani cliches die seldom hard!! A 9 year old kid talking and behaving like 90 year old is too much. probly might have suited American milieu, not local at all. The height of idiocy in the script is the travel to war torn Lanka and that too into severely affected areas with tank fire and arial bombardment!! And the last scene was a complete hash!! I agree that ARR's movie was superb and tremendous, but it was the only saving grace in addition to Ravi K Chandran's cinematography. All actors were wooden, unduly subdued and monotonous(WTH was MAdhavan doing in that freakin movie??) with the exception of Prakash raj, who provided some freedom from the encircling dulldom that the whole movie was.

Chelian
2nd May 2006, 11:28 AM
why are we discussing movies here?
Anyway to add my share of comments, I think MR films has become utter boring.
His KM was one of his most boring films ever despite the his production cost. I think he fails to see the 'entertainment ' value in films the way the current breed of young directors see.
Ghajini on the other hand was an entertainment racy flick despite some stupid scenes ( that someone mentioned)

rsubras
2nd May 2006, 12:37 PM
Ghajini imho was a stupid movie interspersed with some lovely things (Surya's acting and commitment, Asin-Surya love story, Suttum vizhi sudare and oru maalai song, cracking bgm at places, and some flashes of directional brilliance), imho the film was a total letdown from ARM (a screenplay that threw logic to wind) considering the fact his previous movie was a superb one in all aspects (barring of course the windows media player ;) )

Chelian
2nd May 2006, 01:32 PM
rsubras - most tamil movies have 'stupid' scenes, Despite that, Ghajini was the most brilliant an entertaining movie of 2005.
The public mass agreed with that- thats why it was a mega hit.

MADDY
2nd May 2006, 05:21 PM
wat abt BGM of Ghajini??? was it gud??? HJ was a let down in Anniyan & Kakka Kakka, i felt Ghajini was also not that gr8......

moreover y does ARMurugadoss kills beatiful females in his movies?? :cry: he killed simran in Ramana and Asin in Ghajini......Asin's killing in ghajini with that metal banging sound was height of sickness.....

Thunderbird
2nd May 2006, 09:52 PM
wat abt BGM of Ghajini??? was it gud??? HJ was a let down in Anniyan & Kakka Kakka, i felt Ghajini was also not that gr8......

moreover y does ARMurugadoss kills beatiful females in his movies?? :cry: he killed simran in Ramana and Asin in Ghajini......Asin's killing in ghajini with that metal banging sound was height of sickness.....

:rotfl: :rotfl: C'mon, you can do better :lol:

thamizhvaanan
2nd May 2006, 09:57 PM

seriously?? u wanna mean Ghajini and Anniyan's BG were gud??? :hammer: :banghead: :banghead: if so, no comments :)

rsubras
2nd May 2006, 10:52 PM
The BGM when Surya first meets Asin is the same BGM when Asin runs from villain rite?

Some more sothappals in Gajini

Nayantara will ask the little girl about Asin, she will narrate the train incident and then she will also sing the rangola song to nayantara (to nayantara to understand better that girl must also have danced i guess) :banghead

when the villains are so powerful , why shud the lady constable report about the missing child to Asin? why not to some top police officer?

m_23_bayarea
2nd May 2006, 11:35 PM

Maddy, Are you serious dude ???? :o :shock: :o

I thought the BGM in all three rocked !!! :thumbsup:

Thunderbird
3rd May 2006, 01:24 AM

seriously?? u wanna mean Ghajini and Anniyan's BG were gud??? :hammer: :banghead: :banghead: if so, no comments :)

Cmon man... Kaaka Kaaka was the best.. you didn't mention it? why :roll: :wink:

I'm not in favour of anniyan and ghajini... but KK was great

if you don't think so .. .no comments.. you rock :roll:

thamizhvaanan
3rd May 2006, 08:28 AM

Cmon man... Kaaka Kaaka was the best.. you didn't mention it? why :roll: :wink:

I'm not in favour of anniyan and ghajini... but KK was great

if you don't think so .. .no comments.. you rock :roll:

ok agreed. i didn see KK amidst those movies. KK was supercool, but the rest :( . especially Anniyan, i was crying in the theatre for the bgm for fightscenes and stuff. it was like he was trying to emulate Don Davis' matrix music, but didn know how loud he can go b4 ppl can spot the lifts :lol: meanwhile my friend was counting on the no. of tunes that HJ repeated or copied in the BG.

Ppl, forgot to mention abt saamy's bg. the initial fight music :yuck: he had absolutely no idea whatsoever abt the kinda music needed :cry:

Thunderbird
3rd May 2006, 09:11 AM
and you are an ARR fan right? no doubt :roll:

Chelian
3rd May 2006, 09:18 AM
Both BGM of Anniyan and Ghajini was atrocious!!!
But I loved the songs in Ghajini.
HJ is either damn weak in BGM or just not interested in doing well in this department.