PDA

View Full Version : ARR Vs YSR Vs HJ

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4

thamizhvaanan
3rd May 2006, 09:23 AM
and you are an ARR fan right? no doubt :roll:

yup, u dont have to doubt that. I am an ARR fan :)

Thunderbird
3rd May 2006, 09:29 AM
and you are an ARR fan right? no doubt :roll:

yup, u dont have to doubt that. I am an ARR fan :)

sorry.. I should not expecting you to appreciate HJ's work :)

:wave:

rsubras
3rd May 2006, 11:50 AM
C'mon thunder, i can bet it is ARR fans who gave support to HJ during his initial days... (atleast me :) ) ARR had an unusually long break that time and any ARR film in tamil, that came at that time comprised of hindi tunes (Star, Alli arjuna etc.,)

Minnale,12B, Samurai, Lesa Lesa all were pepped up ARR fans

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2006, 01:58 PM
Some days before i watched Sangamam in a TV. What a worst BGM i have ever heard. Enna kodumai ithu.

Actor Rahman-oda dance-i :banghead: vida MD Rahman-oda BGM worsta illa BGM-i vida Dance worsta?

Where is salamon pappiah? Dindigul lioni?

rsubras
3rd May 2006, 02:23 PM
sanjeevi

Do watch the movie "Popcarn", which is a film supposedly based on the life of a music director (initially rumored to be Ilaiyaraja) and a dance master

You may need to call the Supreme court judge also ;)

dinesh2002
3rd May 2006, 05:44 PM
Some days before i watched Sangamam in a TV. What a worst BGM i have ever heard. Enna kodumai ithu.

Actor Rahman-oda dance-i :banghead: vida MD Rahman-oda BGM worsta illa BGM-i vida Dance worsta?

ive got the answer for ur Q...the person watched it & commenting it now has the BIGGEST problem :lol:

Thunderbird
3rd May 2006, 06:37 PM

well said.. what a nuisance :banghead:

njv
3rd May 2006, 07:48 PM
sanjeevi

Do watch the movie "Popcarn", which is a film supposedly based on the life of a music director (initially rumored to be Ilaiyaraja) and a dance master

Thats one horrible film. YSR completely spoiled the movie. How can one let the music go speically of a film about musician. Opportunity wasted.

Sanjeevi
3rd May 2006, 07:52 PM
sanjeevi

Thats one horrible film. YSR completely spoiled the movie. How can one let the music go speically of a film about musician. Opportunity wasted.

definitely the music would have been wasted only if it has fantastic music. Thank god to a worst music from U1 for worst movie

njv
3rd May 2006, 08:17 PM
definitely the music would have been wasted only if it has fantastic music. Thank god to a worst music from U1 for worst movie

True, probably YSR was de-motivated after listening to the story or may be he was forced to do this project. I bet that he wouldnt choose such movies in future and if he does, hopefully he will do his part well.

rsubras
3rd May 2006, 09:08 PM
njv, if ilayaraja would have been demotivated after listening to the stories in 1980's we probably wudnt have had any films in those era except from balachander, bharathiraja, rajini and kamal :)

if rahman would have been demotivated after listening to stories, we wouldnt have had kangalal kaithu sei, paarthale paravasam, kaathal virus etc.,

sanjeevi.......... we feel delighted to give u the "ulaga maga samalippu thilagam" pattam

njv
3rd May 2006, 09:46 PM
njv, if ilayaraja would have been demotivated after listening to the stories in 1980's we probably wudnt have had any films in those era except from balachander, bharathiraja, rajini and kamal :)

if rahman would have been demotivated after listening to stories, we wouldnt have had kangalal kaithu sei, paarthale paravasam, kaathal virus etc.,

sanjeevi.......... we feel delighted to give u the "ulaga maga samalippu thilagam" pattam

agree. etho sanjeevikku konjam aaruthalaa irukkumaennu post panninaen, thappa nenchukaatheenga sir.

vasanth2006
4th May 2006, 11:41 AM

May be Yuvan gave the worst music to popcorn. (I did'nt see popcorn movie).

But you are claiming that paarthale paravasam having good BGM.
Rahman gave the worst BGM for that movie. i think he let down the movie. for that matter BABA also having worst BGM. Kumutham described the baba's BGM like "oruvelai yarum padathai rasichura porangannu, rahman BGM panniyirukkar". i seen kadhal virus little bit TV. that's BGM also not good. (I did'nt see KKS.)

but one good thing is KKS has the excellent songs.

Rahman gave extraordinary BGM for Manirathnam movies only.
for example Bombay,Roja. what a music!!!!!!!.
He played with hindustani in Bombay.
He also gave good BGM for shankar movies.

other than their (manirathnam, shankar) movies, if you drag rahman in to the BGM area, then You will fail. (I am considering TFM only.). after 2000 his BGM is not good.(For example alli arjuna, parthale paravasam, baba. i didn't see parasuram, udhaya). there are roumours like ARR will not score for BGM. his assistants will take care of BGM. because ARR is not interested in BGM. somewhere i read it in web. is it true?

IMHO,
rahman's BGM is very well suited with fast paced movies.
but his BGM is some what suitable for soulful movies. not that much great.

IR's BGM will suit for all type of movies.
but IR's BGM is very well suited with soulful movies.

(IRkku romba periya manasu. 80's vantha dabba padathukkellam porumaiya ukkarnthu BGM panniyirukkaru.)

Yuvan is improving in BGM area drastically in all type of movies.
i think Yuvan is having better BGM composing skills than songs composing skills.

rsubras
4th May 2006, 01:16 PM
vasanth, i was referring only to the songs..... BGM's i have no idea coz i have not seen any of these films..heard those were duds

and for majority of the films mentioned (Alli arjuna, Parasuram etc.,) the bgms were scored by sabesh murali or pravin mani

agree. etho sanjeevikku konjam aaruthalaa irukkumaennu post panninaen

njv na appo rightnga than na :)

MADDY
4th May 2006, 03:30 PM
i dunno who has quantified that BGM is the only parameter to judge a MD??? in IR's style - endha komban BGMa oru paramtera nirnaiyachidhu :lol:

i dunno i've always loved ARR's BGMs and agreed that his BGMs are not as gr8 as IRs but that doesen't make ARR a lesser MD than IR or YSR......if ARR is bad in BGM, then i can say IR was pathetic in recording quality.....his songs are sometimes inaudible......

so every MD is special in their own way, so to put down ARR on BGMs is not at all happening.....

vasanth2006
4th May 2006, 04:03 PM
i dunno who has quantified that BGM is the only parameter to judge a MD??? in IR's style - endha komban BGMa oru paramtera nirnaiyachidhu :lol:

i dunno i've always loved ARR's BGMs and agreed that his BGMs are not as gr8 as IRs but that doesen't make ARR a lesser MD than IR or YSR......if ARR is bad in BGM, then i can say IR was pathetic in recording quality.....his songs are sometimes inaudible......

so every MD is special in their own way, so to put down ARR on BGMs is not at all happening.....

Maddy,

If u consider Film music, then BGM is as important as songs.
BGM gives the life to the Movie. you take examples like Nayakan, muthal mariyathai,bombay, roja, kadhal kondaien, 7GRC. without BGM, that movies may look like the ordinary movies.
May be fans not realise the importance of BGM. but the major directors like manirathnam, bharathiraja known this.

if u consider album music, there is no BGM at all. so there is no need to discuss about BGM. but if u take as film composer then the BGM is also one of the main criteria.

then coming to recording quality, ya i accepted that rahman has the better recording quality than IR.
Yuvan is improving in that area also.same like rahman Yuvan also having good recording skills. you can see the difference between aranvidhan and recent pudhupettai,AIBI etc.

MusicIsLife
5th May 2006, 05:08 PM
Maddy
dont you think the 'recording' is due to catch up of various technological advancements? IR probably was more concerned with his composition than to dwelve into recording. but if you see other recordings like his thiruvasagam they are pretty good, coz the work was somehow distributed or delegated properly.

Now there are better recording centers in Madras than it was when IR in his element, there was more the TAPE now there is the digital CD's,DOBLY,THX. My thinking is if he keeps composition and conducting to himself and elegates other technical details to other people, it would be much better

so i dont think IR's poor recording quality is detriment to his statute in TFM.

At sometimes i feel, just by having a superior recording quality has more noise at a higher decibel.

this is a YSR VS HJ VS ARR forum. so I will stay away from my opinions on IR, but still wanted to point out.

njv
5th May 2006, 05:40 PM
i can say IR was pathetic in recording quality.....his songs are sometimes inaudible......

Which one out of 5000+ songs. In 70s & 80s you dont have digital audio. IR is the first one to introduce Stereo sound in TFM.

Moreover IR dont need huge technology to back him up since he is a natural music composer.

IR = R&D
Rest = T&E (Trial and Error)

MusicIsLife
5th May 2006, 06:54 PM
My fav list of songs has now been 7G, Pattiyal, Arinthum Ariyamalum and Kanda Naal muthal..they are brilliant, and evoking so much of feel to each song.

MADDY
5th May 2006, 07:16 PM
Moreover IR dont need huge technology to back him up since he is a natural music composer.

IR = R&D

sorry njv, if u wanna appeal to ppl. beyond musical circles then u need gud sound quality cos its got to be new sound and clear one........if this was the only way for gr8 composing then y is his own son not following his steps and following his rivals' trend??? the trend that he and his camp criticised verhemently......thanthaikku ethirana thanayan??? :lol:

IR=R&D
rest = T&E
ARR= fusion of R&D and T&E......

MIL, IR had the option of opting for better technlogy cos during that time how pink floyd, Micheal Jackson and others had better sound quality and y ARR's quality is as gud as the Metallica's and boyzones now??? i believe that ARR always cared abt better end-product than IR, infact if YSR can blend his father's natural flair and rahman's techno feel the he can become to TFM wat federer is to tennis...

selvakumar
5th May 2006, 07:25 PM
IR=R&D
rest = T&E

so, In your words, ARR has 50% R&D and remaining T&E.. What logic is this man?

Same side goal maari irukku :lol:

MADDY
5th May 2006, 07:28 PM
selva, ARR is more versatile than any of his successors/predecessors.......so he can do a R&D for mani/shankar/BR movies and do a T&E for lesser directors......does that make more sense now?? :D

selvakumar
5th May 2006, 07:31 PM
selva, ARR is more versatile than any of his successors/predecessors.......so he can do a R&D for mani/shankar/BR movies and do a T&E for lesser directors......does that make more sense now?? :D

wow.. Good reply indeed ! :D
:wink:
I was just kidding..

thamizhvaanan
5th May 2006, 10:48 PM
on the topic of IR worrying abt his end product,

I also had a opinion that IR doesnt care abt the end product, just churns out music out of pure talent.

But recently, as i listen to more of his music i can sense his meticulous care in making most of these songs. at times u may feel that his orchestrations are a bit mechanical, but the truth is, each of those songs are composed with so much soul and care, that u can feel them touching ur heart. no, wonder he was considered stringent when it comes to extracting music. At times it screams genius, at times "a dedicated music artist". but i still have my reservation for the quality of his chorus singers. it seems that he never botherd abt them. they sound as if they are straight out of all india radio.

PS: all my above opinions are based upon IRs good songs (which i beleive is the 75% case). I find his bad songs too irritating to warrant even an attempt to listen :)

Thunderbird
6th May 2006, 01:07 AM
PS: all my above opinions are based upon IRs good songs (which i beleive is the 75% case). I find his bad songs too irritating to warrant even an attempt to listen :)

yes in my opinion more than 50% of arr songs are too irritating to warrant even an attempt to listen :)

rashid2raj
6th May 2006, 01:14 AM

yes in my opinion more than 50% of arr songs are too irritating to warrant even an attempt to listen :)

One more Vaitherichal-party..

njv
6th May 2006, 03:30 AM

IR = R&D

sorry njv, if u wanna appeal to ppl. beyond musical circles then u need gud sound quality cos its got to be new sound and clear one........if this was the only way for gr8 composing then y is his own son not following his steps and following his rivals' trend??? the trend that he and his camp criticised verhemently......thanthaikku ethirana thanayan??? :lol:

IR=R&D
rest = T&E

MIL, IR had the option of opting for better technlogy cos during that time how pink floyd, Micheal Jackson and others had better sound quality and y ARR's quality is as gud as the Metallica's and boyzones now??? i believe that ARR always cared abt better end-product than IR, infact if YSR can blend his father's natural flair and rahman's techno feel the he can become to TFM wat federer is to tennis...

I know for sure that IR music reached the hearts and minds of millions of people all over the world for over 4 decades. why YSR is not taking his father's step - because he can not. He is not even 1% of IR, so he is doing what others are doing - use technology to hide mistakes.

MADDY
6th May 2006, 04:36 AM
use technology to hide mistakes.

this is a very conservative, rigid, thinking....

thamizhvaanan
6th May 2006, 07:27 AM

hehe, try to be original atleast in ur posts. u dont have to cut copy my post and edit it to contend m point.

rajasaranam
6th May 2006, 11:09 AM

Thamizhvaanan you consider IR's good songs is 75% and some others may consider only 20% ... but IR has given his complete effort in all the songs he has composed so far. may be you wont like listening to the other 25% songs when singled out... but they would gel with the movie if watched on screen. I cant find even one song where IR has failed considering the movie wholesome. Man after all HE is a Film music composer not an album composer :huh:
And If you find a song not listenable even along the movie I would advice you that, IR is saying 'Poi Dum adinga inga oru mannagattiyum nadakala' :)

njv
6th May 2006, 11:19 AM

thats what is happening. take western songs from 100 different albums and use .0025 seconds from each album and come up with a tune and add add synth on top of it and mix it with some high tech noice and add little hindustani to it and make a good music - a definitely conservative, rigid thinking

thamizhvaanan
6th May 2006, 11:26 AM
And If you find a song not listenable even along the movie I would advice you that, IR is saying 'Poi Dum adinga inga oru mannagattiyum nadakala' :)

:lol: may be u r right, they may sound nice along with the film. the fact is i dont watch that many films that period except KB and BRs films.
for example ,take the song "aalolam paadi" (i dunno which film it is from). I am listening to this song right now. every time the song jumps up in my playlist i am tempted to press next. The song is quite good actually with a nice tune, but may be it is because of the other heavyweight songs in my playlist, that i feel like pressing next. As I type this "Putham pudhu kalai" has sprung up in my playlist. now, can I press next for a song like this. nope. so, i agree with u when u say those average songs mite sound good in the film, not out of my knowledge, but out of my lack of it :D

I have to make it clear here that i have no qualms abt wat IR has done so far. no one can ask for more from him. wat he has done so far, can hardly be matched by anyone else in one lifetime. I just feel these exceptions are a very minor deface in his career. may be i wudn have said this if ARR never came to TFM :roll: I understand wat u mean when u say IR is a film composer, not an album composer. :D

thamizhvaanan
6th May 2006, 11:30 AM

thats what is happening. take western songs from 100 different albums and use .0025 seconds from each album and come up with a tune and add add synth on top of it and mix it with some high tech noice and add little hindustani to it and make a good music - a definitely conservative, rigid thinking

i think this may be the reason behind likeability of yuvan's songs. It is this sense of familiarity, most of his songs :D i dunno wether he follows the procedure of njv :lol: njv, why dont u put this into an algor and create an artificial intelligence software (Intelligence is a misnomer here :lol: ).

MusicIsLife
9th May 2006, 09:45 PM
7G RAINBOW->interval scene->straight out of the box from Vanessa Carlton->but still liked the idea of using a good music to a totally different situation (Plagiarism is not a good think atleast they should have given credits somewhere)

Regarding Technology: Right now technology has reached to a much greater extent than in 70's-80's (I mean the catch-up curve that used to take years is just minutes). So please dont explain to me that IR did not take care of his end product, this is bologne.
But still I hold my opinion that IR was pretty natural in his ability to give soul stirring music just like that. I dont undermine others ability here. And also I believe IR can carry a movie just by his sheer music (he had done several times), no body can refute that in TFM.

slperson1
10th May 2006, 04:12 AM
i think this may be the reason behind likeability of yuvan's songs. It is this sense of familiarity, most of his songs :D i dunno wether he follows the procedure of njv :lol: njv, why dont u put this into an algor and create an artificial intelligence software (Intelligence is a misnomer here :lol: ).

That is exactly why YSR & HJ are popular right now is because their songs are very familiair.each album sounds similair to the next with maybe one or two exceptions. And this is why IR was popular in the mid 80s early 90s, his stuff sounded similair.

What IR did early in his career is what ARR does for todays generation. IR innovated in his era and the others followed suit. Thats what the current crop does with ARR. He sets the trend and everyone else just follows suit.

MADDY
10th May 2006, 08:00 AM
And also I believe IR can carry a movie just by his sheer music (he had done several times), no body can refute that in TFM.

can he do that now???

thamizhvaanan
10th May 2006, 09:47 AM
And also I believe IR can carry a movie just by his sheer music (he had done several times), no body can refute that in TFM.

can he do that now???

u do seem to purposefully look for bad pts relating to IR :( . When someone is appreciated we generally look forward to excuses to degrade it, if the person is not our fav MD. This is wat TB did, bcoz evrytime we talk abt ARR he wud bring in parasuram. Let us not do the same to the gr8 IR. afterall for whatever he has done, he has done more than enuf to secure his place amongs the greatest ever. no need to pounce over his current lull, which in no way is an indication of his talent. Hope u guyz understand :D!!!

MADDY
10th May 2006, 12:15 PM
u do seem to purposefully look for bad pts relating to IR :( . When someone is appreciated we generally look forward to excuses to degrade it, if the person is not our fav MD. This is wat TB did, bcoz evrytime we talk abt ARR he wud bring in parasuram. Let us not do the same to the gr8 IR. afterall for whatever he has done, he has done more than enuf to secure his place amongs the greatest ever. no need to pounce over his current lull, which in no way is an indication of his talent. Hope u guyz understand :D!!!

thamizh,
where were u when njv indirectly suggested that ARR takes 00:25 secs of various songs to compose a song
where were u when RS suggested that ARR is not at all a film composer

boss i can go on, ok.......u dont know wat all we faced........but still we respect IR and adore him.......when ppl. have started this thread comparing ARR's current lull with the happening MDs of today then y not check IR's status in today's TFM??? i think ppl. want only gud things to be told abt IR and nuthin else....

thamizhvaanan
10th May 2006, 01:29 PM
I understand MADDY, I hope u also understand :roll: !

"inna seitharai oruthal avar naana nannayam seithu vidal"

:rotfl: thiruvalluvar will kill me if he sees me quoting this out of context :rotfl:

MusicIsLife
10th May 2006, 07:08 PM
Maddy,
I dont know even if IR produces mind blowing music, it would alone carry the movie. But I believe he is capable of doing it. Looking at Azhagi/Sethu (which has impossible story line and a blazing bgm interpersed with solid songs), or hearing to Kathal Sathi; a repeat is not impossible, Can I say that anybody now in TFM currently can do that? I dont have examples or history for that matter of fact.

I accept Thamizhvanan's comment, if you see a noble prize winner, will you ask them can you do it again? may be yes and may be no. IR had his long era in Tamizh Film music, just bcoz he is sidelined or not in the limelight does not mean he is incapable (who knows).

Scale
10th May 2006, 07:15 PM

can he do that now???

Why not? The doors are always open for him to compose MEGA Serials. His music certainly gets more attention with a title track and BGM for every episodes.

IF some believe that ARR had lost ground in TFM where is IR now. Generation Awakening....

Sanjeevi
10th May 2006, 08:25 PM

can he do that now???

Why not? The doors are always open for him to compose MEGA Serials. His music certainly gets more attention with a title track and BGM for every episodes.

IF some believe that ARR had lost ground in TFM where is IR now. Generation Awakening....

There is no need for IR work to give Music for TV serials now. Only because, all the bgms/songs of TV serials telecasting currently in Tamil/south indian Channels have 85% theft music from Ilaiyaraja's music ocean.

Thus, it had aleardy his music in the form of others name :poke:

--------

If he don't want to make music for films, it will be the best movement to compose music albums like Thiruvasagam :D

slperson1
10th May 2006, 08:30 PM
MIL,
Sethu nor Azhagi didnt need IR.You coulda thrown in any MD and the movies still woulda been good.

As for thiruvasagam...that wasn't anything spectacular.i dont know why (other than cuz its IR) it got hype.that is something that wasnt new.

Scale
10th May 2006, 08:35 PM
Exactly, No denials on that.

Dont we need to sew those plagiarists. How long they will copy IR & ARR tunes for those BGM's. Many of the viewers cant even recognize those old GEMS. Let IR proceed with his original works & Sure ARR will follow in a decade or early :poke:

rajasaranam
10th May 2006, 09:02 PM
MIL,
Sethu nor Azhagi didnt need IR.You coulda thrown in any MD and the movies still woulda been good.

As for thiruvasagam...that wasn't anything spectacular.i dont know why (other than cuz its IR) it got hype.that is something that wasnt new.

good try :lol: better this next time :poke:

MusicIsLife
10th May 2006, 09:02 PM
slperson1
Did you read my comment fully, what I meant to say was, the bgm/songs just added so much lift, why I mentioned them was they were very recent to give a hint how IR music was powerful for the script.

I beg to differ on thiruvasagam (probably coz I more bent upon having Tamil Marai vazhipadu as pronounced by Manickavasagar; though been reciting vedam for a long time).
I liked what Dharmapuram Swaminathan did to kolaru thirupathigam, it made me recite properly, and IR thiruvasagam did that, easy to recite (this is entirely my opinion)

Scale:
why are so against IR? Just curious.
But in my opinion, if he does TV Mega serial, still it would be good, dont you think? or probably they could still use How to name it or Nothing but wind tracks? (ex how veedu movie dit it)

MusicIsLife
10th May 2006, 09:05 PM
Hi RS,
How r you?

Athu Oru Kana Kaalam was excellent with its musical score, i dont think the movie is anything without the bgm.

rajasaranam
10th May 2006, 09:05 PM
Exactly, No denials on that.

Dont we need to sew those plagiarists. How long they will copy IR & ARR tunes for those BGM's. Many of the viewers cant even recognize those old GEMS. Let IR proceed with his original works & Sure ARR will follow in a decade or early :poke:

No need to sew them let them be torn more by the likes of you :P
Why shud IR go to TV its ARR who started off from TV let him go back there :notworthy:

Scale
10th May 2006, 09:07 PM
MIL,

You are mistaken. I am not against IR. I respect him a lot for his sincerity,dedication to his profession who has come up very HARD. Most of his works are Miraculous!.

That post was to those who bash ARR that he lost ground in TFM. Now look how it pains...

Apologies if it has offended any genuine neutral music lovers. Read my reply to yr post (25-30 yrs MD existence in future)
http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=6845&start=120

RS, for you too.

rajasaranam
10th May 2006, 09:13 PM
Hi RS,
How r you?

Athu Oru Kana Kaalam was excellent with its musical score, i dont think the movie is anything without the bgm.

AOKK-the movie was a decent one... but somehow it didnt get enough response from the people cos of the slow paced style of BM :(
Did you notice the 'Aalaap' in a scene when Hero and heroine meet it was out of the world and backed up the scene and emotions between them well :thumbsup:

rajasaranam
10th May 2006, 09:24 PM
But in my opinion, if he does TV Mega serial, still it would be good, dont you think? or probably they could still use How to name it or Nothing but wind tracks? (ex how veedu movie dit it)

MIL Iam fine :) How about you ? So you started frequenting here atlast :thumbsup:

Regarding mega serials Didnt IR score for a couple of serials in late 80's and early 90's ? I think One was directed by Suhasini :?:
And the 'Thenpaandi singam' by Kalaingar Karunanidhi telecast in sun in late 90's had IR as the Composer. You can download and listen to the title song here
http://maestromagic.blogspot.com/
Check the 9th post of Venky

Scale
10th May 2006, 09:26 PM
:shock: :lol:

bye RS. nalai varugiren.. :wave:

MusicIsLife
10th May 2006, 09:55 PM
Yes,
As I mentioned previously, I just caught up on all the good movies of recent times in tamizh (for the past 3 years) so had some information and idea what I am talking about. I cannot be judgemental or give opinions otherwise.
Yes, that is where I was getting it, though AAOK was a decent movie, slow or whatever, IR's BGM was totally on another level, it did elevate the movie more than anything else. I was seeing the difference in his treatment to similar scenes like Moonram pirai (when the guy comes to rape sridevi), and this one was contrastingly different, stylish, still evokes the essential IR element in it.

Yes I remember those serials, IR still made a marked difference in TV mega serials too!!

MusicIsLife
10th May 2006, 09:59 PM
I must apologize here for talking about IR. I will mention this in topics more related to IR.

Sanjeevi
10th May 2006, 10:32 PM
Regarding mega serials Didnt IR score for a couple of serials in late 80's and early 90's ? I think One was directed by Suhasini :?:
And the 'Thenpaandi singam' by Kalaingar Karunanidhi telecast in sun in late 90's had IR as the Composer. You can download and listen to the title song here
http://maestromagic.blogspot.com/
Check the 9th post of Venky

Yuvan has scored a TV serial produced by Vikatan Olithirai (I forgot the name of the serial). That serial has a nice title song sung by Bavadharini. Any idea for this song on the net? :roll:

dinesh2002
11th May 2006, 07:56 AM
shall we get out of the IR's family tree's conversations?? :P

i heard VV & GF will release on the same date...is that true?? both on 9th June....

slperson1
11th May 2006, 08:20 AM
MIL,
yes i read your comment fully.you said "Azhagi/Sethu (which has impossible story line and a blazing bgm interpersed with solid songs)" which i took as u thought Sethu was ridiculous xcept for the songs. If that is so then i beg to differ.

as for thiruvasagam, i stand by my opinion.the album was either people loved it or thought it wasnt anything new.i havent heard any inbetween reviews for it.but to each his own right?:)

Rajasaranam,
"good try better this next time"???? ummm....yeah....waita state nothing.your post didnt make much sense but okay.

MusicIsLife
11th May 2006, 08:08 PM
slperson1,
Thanks for understanding. All i wanted to put forward was Music just lifted the feel of the intense movie to totally another level

MADDY
12th May 2006, 05:41 PM
shall we get out of the IR's family tree's conversations?? :P

i heard VV & GF will release on the same date...is that true?? both on 9th June....

VV v/s GF :D ......

Kamal v/s Ajith
HJ v/s ARR
Gautam v/s KSR

cant wait.... :D

selvakumar
12th May 2006, 06:57 PM
Maddy.. GF & VV are totally of different genre.

Ofcourse, I accept that the fight b/w HJ & ARR would be interesting.

But don't term that as a fight b/w KAMAL & Ajith. (some folks here are creating a wind out of hay here with this one)

Both GF & VV are completely different. Both of them will be a feast to both the fans.

Remember, Lots of good movies that released simulataneously have become hits.

If we term this as a fight b/w KSR & GAutham then it will become :lol:

KSR -- Is coming up with a Commercial movie with the classy touch.. So, do Gautham,

But just with that, We cannot put them under the same category.

P.S: My personal opinion,, is ARR is way ahead of HJ.. He will prove that with his MIRATTAL BGM IN GF.. 8-)

MADDY
13th May 2006, 01:32 PM
challenge is challenge.....though they are of different genres, they are releasing on the same date and have effect on each other's BO fate...my bet is on Thala-ARR combo :thumbsup:

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 01:40 PM
YSR , HJ , VS are NO MATCH FOR ARR. If someone compares like this, IMO, he knows ZERO about music

selvakumar
13th May 2006, 02:18 PM
challenge is challenge.....though they are of different genres, they are releasing on the same date and have effect on each other's BO fate...my bet is on Thala-ARR combo :thumbsup:

Maddy.. I think they are not gracing the theatres at the same date.

Anyway.. I would rather enjoy both the movies rather than comparing them.

coz KH is a legend..

Just like how I put, IT IS UNFAIR TO COMPARE MUSIC FROM ARR (QUALITY) & ONE FROM HJ :roll:

so do with the directors.

May be.. YOu can compare BO Status..

MADDY
13th May 2006, 03:55 PM
exactly selva, all i need to see is BO success.......there is no point in just looking at quality and moreover qulality is a very subjective thing......wat mite seem gud quality for u mite look bad for me......u know it very well..... :wink:

as far as i'm concerned ARR needs a huge hit and Ajith's dream run will continue if Godfather becomes a hit.....so i wud really like to see GF outshining VV in BO.......

quality comes later, look at KKSei....it was such a beautiful composition going to dust bin...

selvakumar
13th May 2006, 04:36 PM
exactly selva, all i need to see is BO success.......there is no point in just looking at quality and moreover qulality is a very subjective thing......wat mite seem gud quality for u mite look bad for me......u know it very well..... :wink:

Yes.. Quality .. Just like beauty.. differes from the eyes of the beholder. someone may like movies like kaadhal, Autograph.. But I have difference of opinion. So, do the Music too. So, comparing the actors, directors, MDs etc based on a single movie won't do justice 8-) best example is ARR vs HJ (still I think that this vs should not be made).. Some movies of HJ might have done well at the BO than ARR's movies. But at the sametime, We cannot deny the fact that ARR is a master in his own way. The same applies to the team of these movies :P

as far as i'm concerned ARR needs a huge hit and Ajith's dream run will continue if Godfather becomes a hit.....so i wud really like to see GF outshining VV in BO.......

definitly.. GF will be a blockbuster. That doesn't mean that VV might not be.. BOth of them have all the ingredients of becoming blockbusters.. Let's enjoy the feast rather than putting the mere BO factor which might vary from source to source. But would be happier if AJITH PULLS THIS ONE OUT. (Everyone is 100% confident about this movie).. so do VV :P Let's hope that everything ll be fine with both ARR & Ajith.. so do VV team

quality comes later, look at KKSei....it was such a beautiful composition going to dust bin...

I love to see both these movies. would never try to compare BO performace alone.. It would like comparing ARR Vs HJ movie run (temporaray thing) 8-) :)
Agree.. Even lot of good composition have gone to the dust in the past. Let's imagine a song like "Suttum Vizhi SudaRae" having been picturised in a poor way.. It will affect the movie as well as the song.. Again.. Quality takes a beating here.

Nakeeran
13th May 2006, 05:10 PM

Yes.. Quality .. Just like beauty.. differes from the eyes of the beholder. someone may like movies like kaadhal, Autograph.. But I have difference of opinion. So, do the Music too. So, comparing the actors, directors, MDs etc based on a single movie won't do justice 8-) best example is ARR vs HJ (still I think that this vs should not be made).. Some movies of HJ might have done well at the BO than ARR's movies. But at the sametime, We cannot deny the fact that ARR is a master in his own way. The same applies to the team of these movies :P

definitly.. GF will be a blockbuster. That doesn't mean that VV might not be.. BOth of them have all the ingredients of becoming blockbusters.. Let's enjoy the feast rather than putting the mere BO factor which might vary from source to source. But would be happier if AJITH PULLS THIS ONE OUT. (Everyone is 100% confident about this movie).. so do VV :P Let's hope that everything ll be fine with both ARR & Ajith.. so do VV team

I love to see both these movies. would never try to compare BO performace alone.. It would like comparing ARR Vs HJ movie run (temporaray thing) 8-) :)
Agree.. Even lot of good composition have gone to the dust in the past. Let's imagine a song like "Suttum Vizhi SudaRae" having been picturised in a poor way.. It will affect the movie as well as the song.. Again.. Quality takes a beating here.

Ada paravillay neenga :!: edhonu ninachen . konjam vishayam therinja manidhar dhaan neenga . very good . ivvalavu analyse panreengalay . :lol: :lol:

Scale
13th May 2006, 07:38 PM

Yes, My bet too on Godfather! ARR & team will have a hatrick (GF,JEOK,Shivaji) this time for sure. :thumbsup: :notworthy:

Sundar12345
13th May 2006, 07:41 PM
ARR the TRUE BOSS

Sundar12345
13th May 2006, 07:42 PM
ARR has rocked in RANG DE BASANTHI
GF songs are mind boggling

MADDY
13th May 2006, 08:13 PM
i was just thinking abt u sundar12345......where were u all these days....welcome back neways....

i guess there is a definite change in fortunes of ARR in 2006.....he has started the year with a bang and has featured in many major ventures.....the tide seems to be in favor of this guy....let's see if our predictions come true... :D

baba88
14th May 2006, 11:49 PM
Yesterday I was listening to Daas album from YSR. I recongnized that the song 'Nee En Viliyil' is copied from Dhoom title song. This guy (YSR) is worse than Deva. He copies the music of a famous indian song that is stupid. Incredible...

MusicIsLife
5th June 2006, 07:07 PM
I just happened to see Ullam Kaetkumae last night (though not fully), but I happened to like the BGM
1. During the introduction scenes
2. And when Arya sees Pooja in the Cricket game.
3. For the matter of fact, i was getting into rythm with the first song, but my scratched DVD did not get me far too much.

nilavupriyan
5th June 2006, 07:11 PM
YSR must stop copying to be next to IR and ARR

selvakumar
5th June 2006, 07:46 PM
I also listened to all the songs of ULLAM KETKUMAE..
I like all those songs.

But sometimes, I caught up in a vicious circle whenever I hear HJ songs.

For eg, When I was hearing, "ENNAI PANTHAADA PIRATHAVALOO",
I was humming and suddenly I started singing
"POO POOKKUM OOSAI" from MINSAARA KANAVU

Not sure whether it is because of HJ following his GURU ARR's style or he is heavily influenced by that style

Anyway, I enjoyed the songs :)

But HJ should try to prove himself with a new style. People should feel completely different whenever they hear his songs.

Songs IN MINNALE, KK provided that experience. But what followed after that was a mere repetition.

The same applies to YSR too.. He did provide something which is soothing and catchy.
Be it KUTHU OR MELODY he is able to come up with nice ones.
But he should try to reduce remixing old IR songs and should give more songs that will portray his style :)

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 12:06 AM

:thumbsup:

MusicIsLife
6th June 2006, 02:16 AM
Nilavu
Copying in general or from whom?

IMHO if it is substantially modified to have a resounding effect, I would like that, coz not everybody knows each and every genre of music, ex Vanessa Carlton music in 7G interval scene was really cool, though i knew from what i heard that it was from somewhere, but it took sometime, coz of significant modification and feel to the same bit of theme.

nilavupriyan
6th June 2006, 09:40 AM
Nilavu
Copying in general or from whom?

IMHO if it is substantially modified to have a resounding effect, I would like that, coz not everybody knows each and every genre of music, ex Vanessa Carlton music in 7G interval scene was really cool, though i knew from what i heard that it was from somewhere, but it took sometime, coz of significant modification and feel to the same bit of theme.

stunned to see that kadhal kondaen's "kadhal kadhal" and "kangal rendum" are utter copies!..why did he copy after becoming one of the top music directors..can be get inspired but(like ir or Arr)

MusicIsLife
6th June 2006, 06:23 PM
stunned to see that kadhal kondaen's "kadhal kadhal" and "kangal rendum" are utter copies!..why did he copy after becoming one of the top music directors..can be get inspired but(like ir or Arr)

Nilavu
To which songs are these related to? may be this is a annoying probe, but would love to know.

rashid2raj
6th June 2006, 07:03 PM

Nilavu
To which songs are these related to? may be this is a annoying probe, but would love to know.

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-yuvan.html

nilavupriyan
6th June 2006, 11:02 PM

Nilavu

thank u so much..im searching for it!

Ramakrishna
6th June 2006, 11:19 PM
:shock: Yuvan :hammer: I never knew that Yuvan copies to this extent.

Ithe maathiri IR, ARR, Harris copy adichirukkaangla

dinesh2002
6th June 2006, 11:28 PM

harris copies worse i think.... Anniyan theme from Passion of christ's Resurrection theme....that was real shocking thing!! and direct too

Ramakrishna
6th June 2006, 11:46 PM

harris copies worse i think.... Anniyan theme from Passion of christ's Resurrection theme....that was real shocking thing!! and direct too

hey, but Yuvan is the worst man.After listening to those Kaadhal kondein copies i feel that he is the worst.Harris has copied Anniyan theme.
But i haven't found anything from ARR and IR :thumbsup: :clap:

selvakumar
7th June 2006, 09:51 AM
hey, but Yuvan is the worst man.After listening to those Kaadhal kondein copies i feel that he is the worst.Harris has copied Anniyan theme.
But i haven't found anything from ARR and IR :thumbsup: :clap:

Rendu perum thaan copy adikuraangannu sollureengalla..

apuram enna best u worst..

BIT adikurathukku ethavathu prize tharaangala enna :roll:

Ramakrishna
7th June 2006, 10:19 AM
Any song tune which Harris has copied?

Sanjeevi
7th June 2006, 10:38 AM
All MDs has copied/inspired including IR.

ARR's copy from Dr. Alban sources is indian famous.

HJ is new copy cat, he copied many songs from ARR and international albums.

Sanjeevi
7th June 2006, 10:43 AM
http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-ir.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-deva.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-kr.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-others.html

nilavupriyan
7th June 2006, 10:48 AM
http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-ir.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-deva.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-kr.html

http://www.itwofs.com/tamil-others.htmlsanjeevi..ur heart knows the difference between arr ir and others

Sanjeevi
7th June 2006, 11:01 AM
Nilavu I used the words copied/inspired. USe the word inspired when you take true MDs

rashid2raj
7th June 2006, 01:12 PM
I was a bit surpriced when i found out that IR's "Akkarai Seemai" was a DITTOCOPY.. as IR doesn't copy or even not using any loops in his songs ..

rashid2raj
7th June 2006, 01:16 PM

That's only beats.. TUNE is original & those loops are available for all musicians..

Ramakrishna
7th June 2006, 03:49 PM
ARR vs YSR vs harris
It is clearly evident that ARR is the undisputed winner.
So, it is time to take out ARR and make it YSR vs Harris.

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 03:57 PM
Nilavu I used the words copied/inspired. USe the word inspired when you take true MDs

Neengale copy panni dhan post panreenga :lol: idhula MDs pathi comment vera :lol:
Romba isai nyaninu ninaipo ungallukku :twisted:

Adhavadhu ARR copy panrarna ungalukku gushi . parai satruveenga. nalla double standards sami :wink:

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 04:42 PM
All MDs has copied/inspired including IR.

HJ is new copy cat, he copied many songs from ARR and international albums.

Adhavadhu IR peyarai potta neenga oru nadunilamayana aalunu nanga nambanum :lol:
Illa peyara podalanaa mathavanga ungala expose seivangalonu oru kalakkam :wink:

Romba smartana aalu sami neenga :wink:

MusicIsLife
7th June 2006, 06:49 PM
One quick question
How many people have identified the song immediately just as being copied without research? I think you cant find that with IR/ARR for sure.

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 06:55 PM
One quick question
How many people have identified the song immediately just as being copied without research? I think you cant find that with IR/ARR for sure.

Sanjeevi oru medhai :lol:
utta avaru MSV kooda copy adicharnu solvar :lol:

IR copy adicharnu solvadhu miga miga abatham

Copy & inspiration are 2 different concepts altogether

Sanjeevi is just blaberring to avoid a mess here

Sanjeevi
7th June 2006, 07:57 PM
One quick question

Enna vambukku ilukk pakkura

Athenna MSV kooda ????

It seems you are so innocent.

I never told IR/ARR/MSV copied, they inspired. It does not mean they did not copy at all.

For example

ARR : He copied 50% part of "Kathalan kaattu vazhi" song from IR's aranmanai kili song ("Ramara ninaikum anumaru" came in cassette but not in the movie)

Sanjeevi
7th June 2006, 08:01 PM
One quick question

Because they are creating music from their minds but many of others believe cassets/cds available in the markset.

IMO YSR amoung young MDS leads in orginality with high percentage after IR/ARR/MSV.

Sanjeevi
7th June 2006, 08:03 PM
Adhavadhu IR peyarai potta neenga oru nadunilamayana aalunu nanga nambanum :lol:
Illa peyara podalanaa mathavanga ungala expose seivangalonu oru kalakkam :wink:

Romba smartana aalu sami neenga :wink:

:lol: nadunilai is your own property . Sorry i did mistake. :rotfl:

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 08:05 PM
One quick question

Because they are creating music from their minds but many of others believe cassets/cds available in the markset.

IMO YSR amoung young MDS leads in orginality with high percentage after IR/ARR/MSV.

Appo enna Baradwaj kooda copy adikurara ? unga theory padi ?

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 08:14 PM
One quick question

Enna vambukku ilukk pakkura

Athenna MSV kooda ????

It seems you are so innocent.

I never told IR/ARR/MSV copied, they inspired. It does not mean they did not copy at all.

For example

ARR : He copied 50% part of "Kathalan kaattu vazhi" song from IR's aranmanai kili song ("Ramara ninaikum anumaru" came in cassette but not in the movie)

You are a self contradicting person. See your first post in page40

ALL MDs HAVE COPIED / INSPIRED INCLUDING IR

Edharku enna artham kannu :lol:

MusicIsLife
7th June 2006, 08:49 PM
Nakeeran,
"Devi koondalo brindavanam" resembles a english song so much that, you can find only a thin line between copy/inspiration. My definition would be: totake some thing and give a new dimension, though both sound same, u can see IR touch to that (i guess, I am approaching a point, if not, I dont know how to explain).

Nakeeran
7th June 2006, 09:06 PM
Nakeeran,
"Devi koondalo brindavanam" resembles a english song so much that, you can find only a thin line between copy/inspiration. My definition would be: totake some thing and give a new dimension, though both sound same, u can see IR touch to that (i guess, I am approaching a point, if not, I dont know how to explain).

MIL

I think the composer is Shankar ganesh . Right ? then its a photo copy machine :D

but i cant digest if someone says IR has copied many ?

If IR had even thought about copying, he wouldnt have achieved this unimaginable levels & couldnt have sustained for a long period in tfm.
IR - ORIGINALITY

Long before, he just touched during an interlude in manjal nilavukku indru ore sugam ( remember the flute interlude during the 2nd charanam ) & the preludes to Devan thiruchabai malargale ( remember the Sholay title BGM )

I dont remember IR having taken anything from others.

HE HAD TONS AND TONS OF IMAGINATIVE SKILLS

dinesh2002
7th June 2006, 09:10 PM
any source for the aranmanai kili's song????

MusicIsLife
7th June 2006, 09:11 PM
Nakeeran

My bad and my mistake!! on the song

HE HAD TONS AND TONS OF IMAGINATIVE SKILLS

Still IR has, I guess he does not need imagination, as he talks only music!! (Music is his first language then comes everything).

Ramakrishna
7th June 2006, 09:39 PM

Nonsense. :evil: Don't come up with comical comments like these :lol:

Justice
8th June 2006, 08:10 AM

way to go ARR :lol: ..

ARR fans accuse others for copying but avargaludaiya muthukila irukira azhuku theriyirathu illa pOla :roll:

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 08:20 AM

way to go ARR :lol: ..

ARR fans accuse others for copying but avargaludaiya muthukila irukira azhuku theriyirathu illa pOla :roll:

my smart fren,the 1 so called copy from Dr Alban is actually LOOPS...the same beat/loop....i wont be shock if u dunno that....its common for peep who only find faults without knowing the facts... :lol:

Thenmerku paruvakkaatru [Film: Karuthamma]

The beats are similar to a track by Dr Alban, 'Om we rembwe ike'. Note that Dr Alban himself uses a lot of commercially available loops and CDs to create songs!

Listen to Thenmerku paruvakaatru | Om we rembwe ike

The beats are sure inspired. As usual the tune remains very original. The 'yei nee romba azhaga irukke' song, 'Poi sollalaam' uses similar beats!

http://itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

Justice
8th June 2006, 08:27 AM
my smart fren,the 1 so called copy from Dr Alban is actually LOOPS...the same beat/loop....i wont be shock if u dunno that....its common for peep who only find faults without knowing the facts... :lol:

athu sari music patri therincha een avar copy pannuvaar :roll:

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 08:34 AM

puli-layum kOdu irukku pUUnaiyilum kOdu irukku :roll:

oru oomai kittaiyum vaiyi irukum, oru pesavanakkum vaiyi irukum...ippe ennangere?? :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 08:36 AM

athu sari music patri therincha een avar copy pannuvaar :roll:

Thenmerku paruvakkaatru [Film: Karuthamma]

The beats are similar to a track by Dr Alban, 'Om we rembwe ike'. Note that Dr Alban himself uses a lot of commercially available loops and CDs to create songs!

Listen to Thenmerku paruvakaatru | Om we rembwe ike

The beats are sure inspired. As usual the tune remains very original. The 'yei nee romba azhaga irukke' song, 'Poi sollalaam' uses similar beats!

http://itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

Justice
8th June 2006, 08:38 AM
I'm reminded of the following..

x: music-i paRRi unakkena theriyum

y: aththinthOm (from CM) :lol:

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 09:06 AM
I'm reminded of the following..

x: music-i paRRi unakkena theriyum

y: aththinthOm (from CM) :lol:

i was reminded of this :

Athinthom [Film: Chandramukhi (2005)] <TC>
Composer: Vidyasagar

Seems to have been lifted directly from a traditional Malayalam track of the same name!

Listen to Athinthom (Chandramukhi) | Athinthom (Original)

Supposed to be an old folk song from Kerala made popular by many local bands, including one called 'Karinthalakkootam'!

http://itwofs.com/tamil-others.html

:lol: :lol:

Sanjeevi
8th June 2006, 09:44 AM

Do you know the meaning of "nonsense"?

AFAIK ysr copied or heavily inspired for many songs.
1) Kadhal Kadhal 2) Manasu Rendum
And from his father
1) Thendi Thendi 2) Some theme music from Johny

I did not include remixed songs by yuvan because the credit was given in the cassette. Also i did not take less/partly inspired song because "the benefit of doubt" goes to YSR (or any MD).

I don't how many songs he composed in his journy from the beginning. But we can consider about 200 to 250 songs in which he has copied shamefully for 5 (sure) to 10 (may be) songs. This means he has 4% bad part. That's why i am telling like he has higher percentage than Harris Jeyaraj or any competitor currently he has. Don't include here IR or ARR or MSV.

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 10:20 AM
Sanjeevi,Theendi Theendi - Bala is a straight copy of IR's Mahadeva - Rim Jim Rim Jim.... [Hindi]

Theendi Theedni [Film: Bala (2002)]

Blatantly copied from his father, Ilayaraja's composition, 'Rimjhim
rimjhim' for the 1989 Hindi film, 'Mahadev'.

Listen to Theendi Theendi | Rimjhim rimjhim

Does being Ilayaraja's son give Yuvan the right to pass of his father's creation as his own? I don't think so!!

http://itwofs.com/tamil-yuvan.html

i think u did mean this Theendi Theendi rite :D

vasanth2006
8th June 2006, 11:27 AM

Do you know the meaning of "nonsense"?

AFAIK ysr copied or heavily inspired for many songs.
1) Kadhal Kadhal 2) Manasu Rendum
And from his father
1) Thendi Thendi 2) Some theme music from Johny

I did not include remixed songs by yuvan because the credit was given in the cassette. Also i did not take less/partly inspired song because "the benefit of doubt" goes to YSR (or any MD).

I don't how many songs he composed in his journy from the beginning. But we can consider about 200 to 250 songs in which he has copied shamefully for 5 (sure) to 10 (may be) songs. This means he has 4% bad part. That's why i am telling like he has higher percentage than Harris Jeyaraj or any competitor currently he has. Don't include here IR or ARR or MSV.

Well said sanjeevi. You reflected my thoughts. :D

Every MD has the inspirations.

for IR,

in one of his top most album,(Priya)
ha has two inspirations.(darling darling, akkarai seemai)
kanavu kanum is the ditto copy of hindi tune.( so IR also copied the tune from other composer. but decently u can say as exchange.)

for ARR,

his most of his beats are commerical loops.
IMHO,he became famous in 90's with this beats only.because i also attracted by his beats only for ex muggala,arabi kadaloram, telephone manipol.
the starting tune of Enna vilai azhage is definitely replica of thanga padhagathin mele.
the starting tune of mugalla muggapulla is another replica of asaiye alaipola. this is mentioned in AV or kumudham film review of kadhalan.

i think there are some other also.
Why karthik did'nt mentioned these in his wesite itwofs?

for Yuvan,

in one of his top most album,(kadhal kondaien)
he has 2 ditto copies. that is shameful.
from his father also he uses 2 or 3 tunes.
appankkarathala avar tunellam use panna mudiyathu.
there are some other inspirations also. it is clearly metioned in itwofs.com.

for HJ,
his most of his tunes and music has the shades/replica of old ARR.

apart from IR,ARR
in current scene, Yuvan is better than others for giving good and quality music.that is fact.

if u do the reasearch on any MD, then definitely he will have inspirations/copy. (for ex do it for VS.)

Chelian
8th June 2006, 12:00 PM
What a research vasanth2006!!!!I agree

To add a point on IR, the "inspiration" or "copy works" are his early days songs due to 'pressure' from producers and directors.

MADDY
8th June 2006, 12:19 PM
forget it

selvakumar
8th June 2006, 12:33 PM
<dig>
Maddy, I didn't understand a bit of your post...apart from getting the answer for HOW TO LOSE VIRGINITY WITH MUSIC? :lol:

Is that why people are saying like:

"Talking about Music is talking about sex.. Would you be able to describe it exactly ? " :wink: </dig>

:lol:

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 12:51 PM
<dig>
Maddy, I didn't understand a bit of your post...apart from getting the answer for HOW TO LOSE VIRGINITY WITH MUSIC? :lol:

Is that why people are saying like:

"Talking about Music is talking about sex.. Would you be able to describe it exactly ? " :wink: </dig>

:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Indha madhiri isai sambandhapatta threadukellam oru allavukavadhu isai patri therindhavargal allavo vara vendum.
Isai patri ondrum puriyamal pithatrubavargal :lol: pazaya isai patri ondrume theriyadhavargal eppadi varalam.
MDs of yesteryears patri ondrume theriyadhavargal.
ellam vandhutangappa vandhutangappa :wink:

Idhenna nataamai seyya panjayatha :lol:

Sami :evil: :wink:

MADDY
8th June 2006, 12:52 PM
selva i xpected this :lol: .....i was very unclear there....i'll try to knock some sense into my words.... :D

well in our society, losing virginity before marriage is condemnable act, okvaaa??? similarly copying/getting inspired/remixing songs is a condemnable act in musical terms, okvaaa??? but at which point shuld we start condemning these acts?? be it losing virginity or copying/inspiration/remix.......

for me,
inspirationcan be equated to "mere thinking" about sex.....i dunt find anything much wrong here.....but for ppl. of older gen they call it wrong......similarly, some real musical conservatives call inspiration itself wrong, isn't it???

copying can be equated to "acts of sex minus climax" which is somewhat hard to digest for me but still can let it go, but for many ppl. copying(or acts of sex) is highly condemnable.......they call it foul.....

remix can be equated to "losing virginity" in all sense, which i myself condemn........if u dunt have sarakku then only u'll resort to remix isn't it??? this is highly condemnable for me.......

so we just need to view
inspiration as mere bad thinking
copying as minor act of wrong doing
remix as real wronng act......

i hope it is clear this time..... :lol:

nilavupriyan
8th June 2006, 02:46 PM
copying is a minor crime..remix is a majo crime?..maddy..atleast remix nu sollitu seyraanga...after copying they tell its their own song :banghead:

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 02:47 PM
Vasanth,about ARR only 20% was true...though there is comercial loop,u need a huge talent to know HOW TO ARRANGE it to make it sound appropriate and rhythmic ,and there is where ARR got his fame.... its not easy to arrange the loops to make it sound as beuatiful as what ARR did..... so rather than saying u got atracted to the beats,u got atracted to his ARRANGEMENT of the LOOPS.... ok va?!!! ;)

dinesh2002
8th June 2006, 02:50 PM
copying is a minor crime..remix is a majo crime?..maddy..atleast remix nu sollitu seyraanga...after copying they tell its their own song :banghead:

so true!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

umaramesh
8th June 2006, 03:06 PM
Ridiculous to see MD elaborates in TV interview how he created this tune etc/etc but quite comical if we know that it is lifted from someone. :lol:

I enjoyd this comical scene when I watched interview from MD of ULLATHAI ALI THA . :rotfl:

ramesh

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 03:09 PM

Terrific post :D Absolutely true. :clap: :thumbsup:

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 03:20 PM
Copying or remixing , use whatever phrases, MDs like IR & ARR could last for a long duration because of originality.
If you are a copy cat, you are exposed sooner or later & get discarded unless the producer looks for a low budget movie but wants the songs to be popular !

Sanjeevi
8th June 2006, 03:45 PM

hahahahahahaha :lol:

Nakeeran avara vittu vittu innoruthara paraturarampaa

Nakeeran
8th June 2006, 03:53 PM

hahahahahahaha :lol:

Nakeeran avara vittu vittu innoruthara paraturarampaa

Sanjeevi anne

enna Nakeeran endral verum kutram kandupidikum pulavan endra ninaitheergal. Naan kali kaala nakeeran.
Nalladhoru vakku oruvar sonnal adhai manamara paaratuven :D

By the way, neenga edhavadhu oru nalvakku sollunga pls. Romba naalachu :lol:

MADDY
8th June 2006, 06:39 PM
though there is comercial loop,u need a huge talent to know HOW TO ARRANGE it to make it sound appropriate and rhythmic ,and there is where ARR got his fame.... its not easy to arrange the loops to make it sound as beuatiful as what ARR did..... so rather than saying u got atracted to the beats,u got atracted to his ARRANGEMENT of the LOOPS.... ok va?!!! ;)

adding to wat dinesh has said here, ARR also develops his own loops......that's y his sounds are exhilarating.....

rashid2raj
8th June 2006, 08:56 PM
Question: Mr Rahman, I thought you wanted to clear up the controversies surrounding the following -- do you think that the usage of synthesized sound makes a song seem less creative. For example, with systhesized beats, other artistes could have used the same beats. in this case, listeners may mistakenly think that the whole song was copied. Like the rhythm in Telephone manipol from Indian (many of my friends in the US commented that the song sounds like 'I saw the sign' from Ace Of Base, even though the tune was different)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A R Rahman's Answer
There was a trend all over the world for programmers to make music with loops. It was very new and made it easy to do songs. But I have equippped myself better now and I'm able to produce far better rhythm stuff originally. Though the Telephone song was orginal, some of the loops resembled the kind used by Ace Of Base. And these things are avoided completely now.

Appo sonnaru, in the mid 90's ... 8-)

Source: arrahmanfans

MrJudge
7th December 2006, 11:43 AM
avlo originality iruntha avar hindi pakkam varatum

Watched Dhoom-2 yesterday. Be it songs or bgm, it is far from good. I think Yuvan is far better than these craps. So no need to go there and prove.

kokarako
7th December 2006, 03:37 PM
I didn't expect this much fight/response for this topic. Simply I created with those albums in mind. Now, it has become a big fight.

But, people should agree that ARR's craze is reducing in tamil. The real competition is between U1 and HJ, which seemed to be tilting slightly towards U1 (taking number of albums released and hits given into consideration)

anyway, keep on commenting/fighting.

MADDY
7th December 2006, 03:50 PM
But, people should agree that ARR's craze is reducing in tamil. The real competition is between U1 and HJ

so, can u pls remove ARR from the list or request mods to do it??

umaramesh
7th December 2006, 05:03 PM
The real competition is between U1 and HJ, which seemed to be tilting slightly towards U1 (taking number of albums released and hits given into consideration)

Number of albums okay. I think VV/Anniyan/Gajini made HJ house hold name. you cannot deny that. In terms of hit U1 is slightly behind.

ramesh

dinesh2002
7th December 2006, 06:46 PM
But, people should agree that ARR's craze is reducing in tamil. The real competition is between U1 and HJ

yes please....remove ARR's name from the thread..............

selvakumar
7th December 2006, 06:56 PM

yes please....remove ARR's name from the thread..............

Do you guys still believe that if MODS remove ARR from the list, there won't be any comparisons drawn on him ? :lol:

I would suggest them to include ALL THE MDs in the list so that we can have :tongueout: :smokesmirk: :cool2: :argue: stuffs

MrJudge
8th December 2006, 01:09 PM

Watched Dhoom-2 yesterday. Be it songs or bgm, it is far from good. I think Yuvan is far better than these craps. So no need to go there and prove.

dinesh2002
8th December 2006, 04:25 PM

trust me.... there is faar better albums/bgm in hindi...ur just seeing a famouse film of hindi... something like watching a famouse film in tamil...which not neccasary to have good songs/bgm....

try watching BLACK.....

kokarako
8th December 2006, 08:13 PM
Nobody denies the fact that ARR is a genius and we cannot compare U1 and HJ with him.

But, the real thing is he is not able to give a real hit after Boys.

Between U1 and HJ, I still believe U1 is slightly better because he is giving quality music / hits even to newcomers. HJ mostly works with proven directors/actors. HJ's success depends on movie's success also. We can say that Ullam Ketkume is not a hit compared to Ghajini/Anniyan/VV.

Opinion differs. This is just my opinion.

dinesh2002
8th December 2006, 10:33 PM
korakako..... SOK audio is a big HIT.... no other MDs movie who only ran average had thier audio this big hit...

njv
9th December 2006, 12:03 PM
korakako..... SOK audio is a big HIT.... no other MDs movie who only ran average had thier audio this big hit...

No dinesh. It is completely wrong. Movies of Vijay, Simbu etc with some totally junk songs are so popular now a days and they sell little better than good songs.

Even ARR had to come down and score a song in God father (Varalaru) like this. It had the "Vadumaanga" song feel.

Look at raaga top 10 now. No ARR, No IR, No HJ, No YSR.

10 Mudiyum Mudiyum
Singer(s): SP. Balasubramaniam
Music: S. Premkumar
Album: Sathanai

9 Utthu Utthu Paarthaaya
Singer(s): Sujatha, Bharani
Music: Bharani
Album: Thirudi

8 Kancha Penna
Singer(s): Veeramani, Pallavi
Music: Paul J
Album: Kizhakku Kadarkarai Salai

7 Thee Pori Parakkum
Singer(s): Tippu
Music: Srikanth Deva
Album: E

6 En Anbe
Singer(s): Karthik, Mirunalini
Music: Deva
Album: Adavadi

5 Naana Idhu Naana
Singer(s): Kalyani
Music: Bharathwaj
Album: Vattaram

4 Yennadi Muniyamma
Singer(s): Karthik, Blaaze
Music: D. Imman
Album: Vathiyar

3 Ennama Kannu
Singer(s): Karthik, Ranjith
Album: Thiruvilayadal Aarambam

2 Atrai Thingal
Singer(s): Madhu Balakrishna, Sujatha
Music: Vidyasagar
Album: Sivappathikaram

1 Yaro Yevalo
Singer(s): Ranjith
Album: Rendu

In hindi still melody rocks and good lyrics add a nice touch to a soft melody. In tamil, bad words, english, and some nonsense noice in between and guys showing their under wear and dancing is more popular.

BTW anyone noticed this, raaga.com removed SOK and GF. Any1 know any reason?

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 12:11 PM
Harris is best 8-)

dinesh2002
9th December 2006, 12:46 PM
Harris is best 8-)

if ur saying based on the list... yea..he is....AFTER ARR.... 8-)

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 12:54 PM
Harris is best 8-)

if ur saying based on the list... yea..he is....AFTER ARR.... 8-)

:oops:

MrJudge
9th December 2006, 01:02 PM
trust me.... there is faar better albums/bgm in hindi...ur just seeing a famouse film of hindi... something like watching a famouse film in tamil...which not neccasary to have good songs/bgm....

try watching BLACK.....

I agree but you are just talking one good movie out of 100. My point was the popular music in Hindi is not that great compared to tamil music now. I think Yuvan and Hj are doing fine job compared to these hindi Mds (Exception SEL). In the BGM area, Yuvan is top class, he gives an extra touch even to masala movies like thimiru. Dhoom-2's background music is so pathetic. A movie that absorbed this much money for production should deserve a better musical score.

A.ANAND
9th December 2006, 01:04 PM
Harris is best 8-)yes!!!harris best 'xerox machin' :lol: his latest best xerox is chaiyya chaiya song in sainakudu telugu movie!!!chi ethellam oru polappa :banghead:

njv
9th December 2006, 02:13 PM
anand

chaiyya chaiya and another MSV song in the same movie.

Even YSR is not leaving anyone alone. In Vallavan for one of the song, he copied IR, ARR (Errani song beat from Kadhalan is used), some english movie (not sure which one, HP I believe) and MSV and TR, all in 1 song.

I watched his interview recently - he said to score music for movies, we dont need to have any formal musical knowledge - Ippa puriyudhu yennu - Ivaru IR magannu sonna IRkku maha kevalam.

Guys, MSV, IR, ARR - Thats it. Nothing else to discuss. Wait for another one to come in next decade.

dinesh2002
9th December 2006, 02:31 PM
u guys also missed his aped Santhoshe Kaneere - Uyire for Mayera - Sainikudu.............

MADDY
9th December 2006, 02:44 PM
Guys, MSV, IR, ARR - Thats it. Nothing else to discuss. Wait for another one to come in next decade.

no njv, wait till 2008 and not more.... :bluejump:

MSV/TKR - 1960
IR - 1976
ARR - 1992
?? - 2008

bulb_mani
9th December 2006, 02:47 PM
undoubtedly Harris Jeyaraj / YSR 8-)

A.ANAND
9th December 2006, 02:55 PM
anand

chaiyya chaiya and another MSV song in the same movie.

Even YSR is not leaving anyone alone. In Vallavan for one of the song, he copied IR, ARR (Errani song beat from Kadhalan is used), some english movie (not sure which one, HP I believe) and MSV and TR, all in 1 song.

I watched his interview recently - he said to score music for movies, we dont need to have any formal musical knowledge - Ippa puriyudhu yennu - Ivaru IR magannu sonna IRkku maha kevalam.

Guys, MSV, IR, ARR - Thats it. Nothing else to discuss. Wait for another one to come in next decade. :clap: :clap: :clap: :yes: :yes: :yes: superrr sir :ty: ithaithan naan soolanu innu nenachin.aani adichappala sollitingga..M.S.V.IR.ARR piragu adutha idam innum kaaliyathan irukku!!!

A.ANAND
9th December 2006, 03:15 PM
undoubtedly Harris Jeyaraj / YSR 8-)unnga aasaiya naan yaan kedukkanum :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
9th December 2006, 03:23 PM
undoubtedly Harris Jeyaraj / YSR 8-)

no way, a person who will come from 7 mountains and 7 seas like a monster wave who will wash away HJ/YSR/GVP and the IR trend,ARR trend.... :lol:

A.ANAND
9th December 2006, 03:32 PM
we dont need to have any formal musical knowledge -ysr
uthumathiri arr ethavathu interviewla sonna enna agum konjam nenachu parrunnga sir!!!
raja sir sandaikku vanthuruvar :lol:

baba88
9th December 2006, 04:17 PM
Guru vs. Pachaikilli Muthucharam vs. Chennai 600028

njv
10th December 2006, 10:34 AM

Original vs rehash vs remix

All may be good. Guru (in hindi) will stand outstanding.

A.ANAND
10th December 2006, 11:55 AM

All may be good. Guru (in hindi) will stand outstanding. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
10th December 2006, 12:33 PM

All may be good. Guru (in hindi) will stand outstanding.

omg... hahahaah.... :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: couldnt agree more.....

MrJudge
10th December 2006, 03:41 PM
I think YSR is right in what he says. Classical music gives you a method to compose for movies but not THE ONLY way. A MD does not do classical performance in movies, he presents a set of songs that suits the theme of a particular movie. Is there any rule he should compose only based on raagas (unless it is sindu bairavi or ....)? If you have the technical knowledge and a song is composed based on some raaga, you will enjoy it more. But as a commoner, I don't think it matters much as long as the song is good to listen. If you are expecting only classical based songs from movies, then you should be dumb. Don't blame the MD, because that is not their job. :)

In his recent interview to AV, Sanjay Subramiam says that he likes IR songs that came out before IR started using raagas into his film songs. Does that tell you anything??

mazhaichaaral
10th December 2006, 03:51 PM
i heard a song which is very similar to "kannai vittu" in pattiyal

wait i shall post

http://www.itwofs.com/hindi-am.html

see the 54 the song....named turn me on!

vijayr
10th December 2006, 10:57 PM
I think YSR is right in what he says. Classical music gives you a method to compose for movies but not THE ONLY way. A MD does not do classical performance in movies, he presents a set of songs that suits the theme of a particular movie. Is there any rule he should compose only based on raagas (unless it is sindu bairavi or ....)? If you have the technical knowledge and a song is composed based on some raaga, you will enjoy it more. But as a commoner, I don't think it matters much as long as the song is good to listen. If you are expecting only classical based songs from movies, then you should be dumb. Don't blame the MD, because that is not their job.
In his recent interview to AV, Sanjay Subramiam says that he likes IR songs that came out before IR started using raagas into his film songs. Does that tell you anything??

Really? Is there a link to this article somewhere?

and regarding what YSR said, your interpretation of it is wrong. Songs need not be in specific raagas to appeal to a common listener agreed, but thats not what YSR said. He said knowledge of classical music is not needed. Which is not necessarily true. In fact if someone goes to YSR and asks him to score music for a film like say Sindhubhairavi, what would he do then? Would he read "Learn carnatic music in 30 days" or "Classical music for dummies"? Or remix all songs from Sindhubhairavi? (like how he did with "kaNda naaL mudhalaai"). An MD should be aware of as many genres in music as possible so that he can use them as and when the situation warrants. But I agree with YSR in the sense that, if you are good in remixing then you dont need to have formal knowledge of most classical forms :-)

thamizhvaanan
11th December 2006, 07:15 PM
But I agree with YSR in the sense that, if you are good in remixing then you dont need to have formal knowledge of most classical forms :lol:

MrJudge
12th December 2006, 10:06 PM
Really? Is there a link to this article somewhere?

I think AV.com was turned to a pay-site now. But a detailed interview of him came out a few months back in 'kalachuvadu', he was quoting similar things there too.

MrJudge
12th December 2006, 10:17 PM
and regarding what YSR said, your interpretation of it is wrong. Songs need not be in specific raagas to appeal to a common listener agreed, but thats not what YSR said. He said knowledge of classical music is not needed. Which is not necessarily true. In fact if someone goes to YSR and asks him to score music for a film like say Sindhubhairavi, what would he do then? Would he read "Learn carnatic music in 30 days" or "Classical music for dummies"? Or remix all songs from Sindhubhairavi? (like how he did with "kaNda naaL mudhalaai"). An MD should be aware of as many genres in music as possible so that he can use them as and when the situation warrants. But I agree with YSR in the sense that, if you are good in remixing then you dont need to have formal knowledge of most classical forms :-)

I think you are wrong again. I have not listened to his interview that was in question. But the post clearly says that "he said to score music for movies, we dont need to have any formal musical knowledge" I still think YSR is right in what he says. Do you seriously think someone is going to take movies like sindu bhairavi again in tf? Leave Yuvan alone, no one is qualified to do sindhu bhairavi after IR. And Yuvan has done 3 remixes in his 150+(??) songs, that fact will answer your remix myth. Did you ridicule arr too when he remixed 'mangalyam thanthu naane' bit in alaipayuthey? (I vaguely remember reading about this bit song in the AV movie review, correct me if I am wrong). I hope you did not and applaused it with your mouth open :)

I know what your intention is. Go ahead and ridicule Yuvan as much as possible, this is a free forum after all. But what matters is how much successful Yuvan is among the mass, I think he scores there perfectly and leads all the way.

vijayr
13th December 2006, 02:09 AM
"But the post clearly says that "he said to score music for movies, we dont need to have any formal musical knowledge""

and I said in my previous post :
"He said knowledge of classical music is not needed"

whats the big difference between these two comments?!

"Leave Yuvan alone, no one is qualified to do sindhu bhairavi after IR. "

and how qualified are you to say that? :-)I can easily think of 2 other MDs who have given such classical songs in the past and who are capable of doing it well too-VS,ARR. Just because you are ignorant, it doesnt mean there arent qualified MDs around

"Do you seriously think someone is going to take movies like sindu bhairavi again in tf?"

Thats besides the point. The thing is even if they DO want to make a movie like that they wont go to Yuvan due to his suspect knowledge. When he had the opportunity to score a classical song in kaNda naaL mudhal he ended up remixing it

"Did you ridicule arr too when he remixed 'mangalyam thanthu naane' bit in alaipayuthey?"

That was an original tune, it was not a remix. Guess you probably dont even realize the difference. The alaipaayudhe title song was what that was re-used. As against that he has given several original classical songs in other albums. Anyways, there is no need to drag ARR or IR or any other MD whenever YSR is being criticized. The fact that you do that every time only shows what YOUR intention is :-)

"And Yuvan has done 3 remixes in his 150+(??) songs, that fact will answer your remix myth."

3?
aasai nooruvagai, ennasai mydhiliye, kaNda naal mudhalaai, adiye manam nilluna-which ppl have discussed it here
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3185

and 2 more songs of MSV in the upcoming Billa movie.
Thats already a total of 6 songs and several other rehashed tunes under the garb of original like the 7GRC rainbow theme(rehashed from Johny and so on). I might have even missed some. Theepdikka had some old songs remixed in. The fact is he does it more than any other top-echeleon MD

Shankar
13th December 2006, 09:37 AM
>>>>>
several other rehashed tunes under the garb of original like the 7GRC rainbow theme(rehashed from Johny and so on).
<<<<<

I agree with you on others...However, the 7GRC score just had one motif from the Johnny theme. The remaining portions aren't copied as far as i know.

Count the number of motifs there and you'll know how much of a copy it is.

vijayr
13th December 2006, 10:15 AM
Most of the TFM lifts of all MDs listed in copied songs thread and elsewhere, even those of Deva's, have their inspiration/lift limited to just the first line of the pallavi or maybe the first 2 lines. The rest of the song are their own. But we still term it as a lift. So lets keep the standards uniform. One motif is long enough to be termed a lift. oru line copy adichchaalum copy dhaan.

As for YSR, his rehashed songs list will probably be a bigger one than his remix list. I have'nt even gotten started on that yet. Since this topic was just about remixed songs I have restricted myself.

dinesh2002
13th December 2006, 10:22 AM
"But the post clearly says that "he said to score music for movies, we dont need to have any formal musical knowledge""

and I said in my previous post :
"He said knowledge of classical music is not needed"

whats the big difference between these two comments?!

"Leave Yuvan alone, no one is qualified to do sindhu bhairavi after IR. "

and how qualified are you to say that? :-)I can easily think of 2 other MDs who have given such classical songs in the past and who are capable of doing it well too-VS,ARR. Just because you are ignorant, it doesnt mean there arent qualified MDs around

"Do you seriously think someone is going to take movies like sindu bhairavi again in tf?"

Thats besides the point. The thing is even if they DO want to make a movie like that they wont go to Yuvan due to his suspect knowledge. When he had the opportunity to score a classical song in kaNda naaL mudhal he ended up remixing it

"Did you ridicule arr too when he remixed 'mangalyam thanthu naane' bit in alaipayuthey?"

That was an original tune, it was not a remix. Guess you probably dont even realize the difference. The alaipaayudhe title song was what that was re-used. As against that he has given several original classical songs in other albums. Anyways, there is no need to drag ARR or IR or any other MD whenever YSR is being criticized. The fact that you do that every time only shows what YOUR intention is :-)

"And Yuvan has done 3 remixes in his 150+(??) songs, that fact will answer your remix myth."

3?
aasai nooruvagai, ennasai mydhiliye, kaNda naal mudhalaai, adiye manam nilluna-which ppl have discussed it here
http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3185

and 2 more songs of MSV in the upcoming Billa movie.
Thats already a total of 6 songs and several other rehashed tunes under the garb of original like the 7GRC rainbow theme(rehashed from Johny and so on). I might have even missed some. Theepdikka had some old songs remixed in. The fact is he does it more than any other top-echeleon MD

:clap: :thumbsup: :cool2: :clap: :thumbsup: :cool2:

vasanth2006
13th December 2006, 04:29 PM
When he had the opportunity to score a classical song in kaNda naaL mudhal he ended up remixing it

actually I dont have the technical knowledge. but whats wrong with "kanda naal mudhalai" song??? I think it is very good song. it has carnatic feel in tune and has techno BGM. is there any rule like for carnatic tune, we should use only carnatic instruments?
if i am wrong, then point out.

p.s: yuvan also scored some outstanding carnatic based songs like "kana kanum kalangal" from 7GRC, "dheenda dheenda" from TI.

Then reagrding base classical knowledge,

IR oru interviewla sonnaru, yuvan ethuvume theriyathunnu kai vaippan. but ellame athula irukkum. thats yuvan.

in TFM, for people who want to degrade/criticise yuvan, they will drag remix in to picture.(yuvan only scored 3 complete remixes, 3 partial remixes in his whole carrier - 250+ songs. thats different story). They will forget yuvan's unbeliavable/memorable gems. anyway we also dont want yuvan's remixes now.

we hope that yuvan will put fullstop for this.

sentsbu1
13th December 2006, 07:39 PM
people, just for your kind information....

To do a remix song, its not being proposed by the Music Director but it is by the Film Director that applies to the script of the movie...

there is no need to blame Yuvan...

He is just doing his job and doing it best...

If people dont like remix then just dont listen to it...

In the end people will have to complain about different music directors composition, and the argument starts there again...

sentsbu1
13th December 2006, 07:39 PM

To do a remix song, its not being proposed by the Music Director but it is by the Film Director that applies to the script of the movie...

In the end people will have to complain about different music directors composition, and the argument starts there again...

sentsbu1
13th December 2006, 07:40 PM

vijayr
13th December 2006, 08:40 PM
"actually I dont have the technical knowledge. but whats wrong with "kanda naal mudhalai" song??? I think it is very good song. it has carnatic feel in tune and has techno BGM. is there any rule like for carnatic tune, we should use only carnatic instruments?
if i am wrong, then point out. "

I said the song was a remix (of a an already existing carnatic composition) and not an original composition. Thats it. I didnt say anything was wrong or right with it. If you like that song maybe you should request YSR to remix more.

dinesh2002
14th December 2006, 08:12 AM

think about it... do u see other MDs does remix as much as YSR ??? what is so special in movies worked by YSR that needs Remix badly...??!! apadi parthal...the movie BOYS would need 80 % remix.... did we have any remix there?!!

its easy to blame the dirs on every aspect,but wut the md is good at,that is what the dir will ask for his movie... and if its the public's fav,then they somehow will make the song fit for the movie...

MADDY
14th December 2006, 08:20 AM
Seriously, remixes are reducing a lot of credibility out of yuvan........why cant he say a NO to the directors who demand it??? when he can demand a salary as much as ARR then i dont think he is any more a small guy in the industry.....

judge, y do u have to take refugee in IR whenever a finger is pointed at u1??? doesent u1 have his own compositions??? btw, ARR's comeback is pretty well set i guess.......judge, get ready for the ARR onslaught in 2007...... 8-)

Shankar
14th December 2006, 09:36 AM
>>>>>
So lets keep the standards uniform.
<<<<<

Was just wondering if you gave the "kaNda nAL mudhal" type of comment when alaipAyudhE was released.

IMO, both alaipAyuthE and kaNda nAL didn't tamper the inherent beauty of the original numbers in any way.

MADDY
14th December 2006, 10:36 AM
>>>>>
<<<<<

Was just wondering if you gave the "kaNda nAL mudhal" type of comment when alaipAyudhE was released.

IMO, both alaipAyuthE and kaNda nAL didn't tamper the inherent beauty of the original numbers in any way.

FYI, we dont consider Alaipauthey song as his composition any day..........infact it was the last hit in that album below Yaaro yaarodi and evano oruvan.......

vijayr
14th December 2006, 10:52 AM
>>>>>
<<<<<

how does it matter? This discussion is about YSR, not ARR. In case you missed it, I have acknowledged that Alaipaayudhe had been reused just 2 posts back. But I dont find the need to drag ARR in every discussion of YSR, like how some guys like you are itching to do here.

vijayr
14th December 2006, 12:38 PM
Also Alaipaayudhe is a song that has been used as such without too much instrumental intrusion. Its mostly vocals with minimal accompaniment and no interludes. So Iam not sure if it can be even called a remix technically. Plus in Rahman's case,knowing that he is strictly against remixing(when SJ Surya asked him to remix thottal poo malarum, Rahman asked him to take a hike) I dont consider this as remixing but more of a faithful reproduction of the original,which even many older MDs have done(saamaja vara gamana, brova baarama, mahagaNapathim etc.) More of a direct tribute than remixing.

Shankar
14th December 2006, 02:27 PM
>>>>>
like how some guys like you are itching to do here.
<<<<<

I wasn't involved in the discussion in any way here...When I saw an obvious bias I posted a response. Nobody is itching to foul mouth arr. You can respond to my post and stop with that and not play smart by criticizing me.

Shankar
14th December 2006, 02:29 PM
>>>>>
I dont consider this as remixing but more of a faithful reproduction of the original,which even many older MDs have done(saamaja vara gamana, brova baarama, mahagaNapathim etc.) More of a direct tribute than remixing.
<<<<<

In that case KNM is also a 'faithful' repro of the original. Comparing alaipayuthE and samaja vara gamana ?!hmm...interesting.

Shankar
14th December 2006, 02:30 PM
Maddy,
Nobody's questioning arr's version of alaipAyuthE...I liked it too...but calling KNM a 'remix' and this a 'faithful repro' had me in splits :-)

ajaybaskar
14th December 2006, 02:58 PM
Seriously, remixes are reducing a lot of credibility out of yuvan........why cant he say a NO to the directors who demand it??? when he can demand a salary as much as ARR then i dont think he is any more a small guy in the industry.....

judge, y do u have to take refugee in IR whenever a finger is pointed at u1??? doesent u1 have his own compositions??? btw, ARR's comeback is pretty well set i guess.......judge, get ready for the ARR onslaught in 2007...... 8-)

YSR's remixes have let him down. Now even some mediocre MDs like Imman have started to do the same. Atleast now YSR shud stop remixing.

In terms of salary he is no whre near ARR, Maddy. ARR is pocketing 1.5 crores whereas YSR gets 50 lacs.

vasanth2006
14th December 2006, 03:22 PM
I dont consider this as remixing but more of a faithful reproduction of the original,which even many older MDs have done.

ARR senja faithful reproduction of the original, yuvan senja remix. Nalla niyayam. :wave: :wave:

vasanth2006
14th December 2006, 03:26 PM
YSR's remixes have let him down. Now even some mediocre MDs like Imman have started to do the same. Atleast now YSR shud stop remixing.

In terms of salary he is no whre near ARR, Maddy. ARR is pocketing 1.5 crores whereas YSR gets 50 lacs.

yes. u1 should stop this. if he says no to vishnu and simbu, then problem is solved. because the 2 peoples only asking remixes. u1 did 90% remixes only for these people.

then i read somewhere that u1's salary is 70 lacs.

MADDY
14th December 2006, 08:25 PM
I dont consider this as remixing but more of a faithful reproduction of the original,which even many older MDs have done.

ARR senja faithful reproduction of the original, yuvan senja remix. Nalla niyayam. :wave: :wave:

do u mean to say IR remixed "maha ganapathim" in sindhu bharavi??? no vasanth, theres a lot of diff betn ARR's works and YSR's......anyways, best of luck to u1 for watever he does.......afterall we need new ideas/new sounds coming in TFM.... :D

ajay, ARR has slashed his salary a lot for tamil.....he takes only around 90lacs.....YSR is around 75 lacs some 6 months back.......he shuld be touching 90 now easily.....

In hindi, ARR demands upto 2 crores....... 8-)

vijayr
14th December 2006, 08:44 PM
"I wasn't involved in the discussion in any way here...When I saw an obvious bias I posted a response. Nobody is itching to foul mouth arr. You can respond to my post and stop with that and not play smart by criticizing me.
"

uNmaiya sonna kovam varudho? :-)

"I wasn't involved in the discussion in any way here...When I saw an obvious bias I posted a response. Nobody is itching to foul mouth arr. You can respond to my post and stop with that and not play smart by criticizing me."

if anyone around here is biased its you. I clearly acknowledged that Alaipaayudhge was remixed/reused. In fact I was the one who brought it up few posts back in a reply to Mr. Judge's post.

Obviously you missed it, or couldnt comprehend. Parava illa.

Whereas you pointed out that Mellisaye Mellisaye was lifted the other day, which was laughable :-) (there was hardly any resemblance) and yet 7GRC Rainbow theme should be excused because only one motif was lifted :-) :-) who is being biased here?

I termed Alaipaayudhe as a remixed song to be fair here in this discussion, but I said PERSONALLy I think its MORE of a faithful reproduction than remix,which doesnt mean its completely a faithful reproduction, but closer ot it than a remix. Once again poor comprehension on your part. KaNda naaL mudhal had interludes and an (annoying) rhythm pattern added to it to make it light. So it definitely wasnt a faithful reproduction of the original. Alaipaayudhe was mostly vocals, it didnt have any annoying interludes.
Will you say MahagaNaapthaim was remixed too by IR,as it had IR's own violin interludes? :-)

Shankar
15th December 2006, 09:49 AM
>>>>>
Mellisaye Mellisaye was lifted the other day, which was laughable
<<<<<

Well...You can laugh, but that's all you can do...You can take away the fact that MellisayE had a few phrases directly lifted from Bolero. I can send you the sheet if you can read it. Ask our common friend to play it for you in his keyboard...You'll know.

Shankar
15th December 2006, 09:52 AM
>>>>>>
Also Alaipaayudhe is a song that has been used as such without too much instrumental intrusion. Its mostly vocals with minimal accompaniment and no interludes. So Iam not sure if it can be even called a remix technically.
<<<<<
I termed Alaipaayudhe as a remixed song to be fair here in this discussion, but I said PERSONALLy I think its MORE of a faithful reproduction than remix,which doesnt mean its completely a faithful reproduction, but closer ot it than a remix.
>>>>>

Not sure if this is comprehension problem of one or the lack of articulation from the other. You decide, since you give the opinion of the universe, unless stated explicitly :-)

vijayr
15th December 2006, 10:23 AM
"Well...You can laugh, but that's all you can do...You can take away the fact that MellisayE had a few phrases directly lifted from Bolero. I can send you the sheet if you can read it. Ask our common friend to play it for you in his keyboard...You'll know."

I dont need to ask any common friends. why are you dragging others for help? :-) I listened and there is hardly any resemblance. And you dont need score sheets to identify a few bars of resemblance, pleaaase :-) The resemblance is fleeting at best, not enough IMO to even call it a strong inspiration leave alone a lift

vijayr
15th December 2006, 10:44 AM
>>>>>>
Also Alaipaayudhe is a song that has been used as such without too much instrumental intrusion. Its mostly vocals with minimal accompaniment and no interludes. So Iam not sure if it can be even called a remix technically.
<<<<<
I termed Alaipaayudhe as a remixed song to be fair here in this discussion, but I said PERSONALLy I think its MORE of a faithful reproduction than remix,which doesnt mean its completely a faithful reproduction, but closer ot it than a remix.
>>>>>

Not sure if this is comprehension problem of one or the lack of articulation from the other. You decide, since you give the opinion of the universe, unless stated explicitly :-)

Hmm.. I said this first in reply to Mr.Judge:

That was an original tune, it was not a remix. Guess you probably dont even realize the difference. The alaipaayudhe title song was what that was re-used. As against that he has given several original classical songs in other albums.

and then this in the subsequent post :

More of a direct tribute than remixing.

Obviously you missed these and took selective comments out of context. whats funny is its me who actually pointed out to Mr.Judge that it was Alaipaayudhe title song and not "maangalyam thandhunaane" which was reused/remixed. And then a few posts later you came in and pointed out the very same song,as if totally unaware of the fact that I had talked about it earlier.

So although I was willing to consider that song as falling under remix category for the purpose of this discussion,in subsequent posts I expressed my own doubt as to how much of it is actual "remixing" and upon further thought said that I didnt think there was much remixing done in that song as it was just plain vocals, retaining the same tune and without any unwanted interludes added to present it like a typical TFM song, which is what YSR has done in kaNda naaL mudhalaai. So in that sense, its definitely less of a remix and more of a faithful reproduction.

vijayr
15th December 2006, 11:31 AM
and you are yet to answer the main point(which I see u have conveniently ignored) which is how "mellisaye" should be considered for copied song (although similarity is negligible) although 7GRC should be excused because it had only motif lifted :-) (and no one knows if the other motifs are original or not, but thats a different issue)

vasanth2006
15th December 2006, 12:09 PM
do u mean to say IR remixed "maha ganapathim" in sindhu bharavi??? no vasanth, theres a lot of diff betn ARR's works and YSR's......

Maddy I accepted for YSR's other remixes.(like "asai nooru vagai"). definitely that remixes are let down for u1.

But giving the BGM for the existing carnatic song is normal in TFM.( as Both IR and ARR have done this.) u1 did the same. So i dont think u1 only remixed and ARR created faithful reproduction.

MADDY
15th December 2006, 01:08 PM
do u mean to say IR remixed "maha ganapathim" in sindhu bharavi??? no vasanth, theres a lot of diff betn ARR's works and YSR's......

Maddy I accepted for YSR's other remixes.(like "asai nooru vagai"). definitely that remixes are let down for u1.

But giving the BGM for the existing carnatic song is normal in TFM.( as Both IR and ARR have done this.) u1 did the same. So i dont think u1 only remixed and ARR created faithful reproduction.

yes thats true......KNM cannot be called a remix.....i guess we somewhere got confused with u1's other remixes and this one......

got to tell you are very patient in replying to our charges..... :clap:

sehnthan
15th December 2006, 01:51 PM
IMHO, U1 just expressed his creativity in his remixes. he showed TFM that 'Ok guys, this is another style of remix genre'. that's all... i think we should ignore this remix battle and discuss U1, ARR n HJ best compositions....their original work and BGM's....

NOV
15th December 2006, 08:45 PM
A Quick Clarification

alai paayuthE song was composed by oothukadu venkata subba iyer, a krishna devotee. besides this, he has composed many other songs.

his songs have been extensively used by all and sundry including pithukuli murugadass (Maal Marugan - devotional album, IR (eththanai kOnam eththanai paarvai), etc and finally by ARR in alai payuthe.

other popular songs of his used liberally are aadaathE asaiyaathE, thaayE yasOdha, pullaai piravi thara vEndum, etc.

Calling these songs a remix is wrong.

http://www.geocities.com/oothukkadu/

MrJudge
15th December 2006, 11:28 PM

I guess you have technical knowledge but that does not stop you from making wrong judgements. If you are so confident about those mds classical based compositions, just quote me one classical based tamil album on par with SB from these guys.

No, what I am asking is a valid question here. If there are so much classical based songs/movies taken, then he should learn the technicalities to survive. Looking at the projects/subjects dished out by the industry now, I don't think they will even dare to venture into projects like SB anymore. So why you make so much fuss about things not even remotely possible.

That was an original tune, it was not a remix. Guess you probably dont even realize the difference. The alaipaayudhe title song was what that was re-used.

I don't know about the title song, I haven't watched the full movie yet. I have watched it only in bits and pieces. But I vaguely remember that there is this background song (mangalyam thanthu... with usual tune but with modern beats) during the marriage scene. and AV was praising it. As I clearly said that I am not sure about it. Generally is it really hard to understand remix and original tunes?

MrJudge
15th December 2006, 11:36 PM
ARR's comeback is pretty well set i guess.......judge, get ready for the ARR onslaught in 2007...... 8-)

Nope, I don't think he will comeback, he is gone forever. He will deliver ONLY THUNDUS in tamil in 2007, 2008, 2009 and so on.......The same will happen in Hindi too pretty soon.....

The only 50:50 chance he has is in Shivaji...., lets wait and see.

adikka varatheenga :)

vijayr
16th December 2006, 03:20 AM
" If there are so much classical based songs/movies taken, then he should learn the technicalities to survive. Looking at the projects/subjects dished out by the industry now, I don't think they will even dare to venture into projects like SB anymore. So why you make so much fuss about things not even remotely possible. "

Well he did get an opportunity to score for a classical song in kanda naal mudhal, didnt he? what did he end up doing? remixing. Although full blown classical albums might not be in vogue, that doesnt mean there is not a single situation where classical music is not needed. Godfather had a classical song-in an Ajith movie, nevertheless! Using your logic I could say- why does Srikanth Deva(or his father) need to compose original music? , since thats not needed in TFM anyways. He can easily survive mostly with lifted stuff, and he doesnt need to learn to compose originally.So its perfectly fine if he lifts. Right?

"I guess you have technical knowledge but that does not stop you from making wrong judgements. If you are so confident about those mds classical based compositions, just quote me one classical based tamil album on par with SB from these guys. "

You are making too many assumptions here. First of all to recognize that a particular MD has given several cassical compositions, I need not have great technical knowledge. But to pass a careless remark saying that they are incapable or unqualified, like you did, you really do need to be qualified. Or know something more that they dont know. If you dont, then you come across as just an empty loudmouth(which I guess you are anyways, judging by your last post above)

And secondly you have asked to me quote albums on par with SB. Instead I will cite several songs spread across different albums given by these MDs, since its all the same. All you need is just evidence of their ability, it doesnt have to be from a single album. VS has aalanguyil, thendral ennum ther yeri, entharo mahaanubhavulu(thyagaraja composition to which he has added WCM elements, in MFM) and even in light songs like Ding dong kovil ManI, he has used rare scales. Kanaa kaNdenadi is another excellent light classical song. There are many such instances to show his capability of raga-handling. Rahman has Minsaara kaNNa, sowkkiyama, kaNNodu kaaNbadhellam,innisai Alabedaiye to quote a few. Plus many light/light-classical songs in Duet, Pavithra and other films, which have pretty good raga usages in them. These are but a few examples which to me indicate these MDs are easily capable of delivering classical stuff when the demand arises.

Anyways I think I have wasted enough time answering you patiently, because Iam pretty its going to fall on deaf ears. You are worse than even some of the worst IR/ARR HCFs I have seen in DF in the last several years and I have seen some really bad ones. Atleast some of them, even if they belong to opposite camps occasionally acknowledge each other MD's efforts(like rajasaranam opened a thread for ARR's Bose sometime back). While you are stuck with your lame "thundu" analysis of ARR, beyond all redemption :-) Enjoy!

dinesh2002
16th December 2006, 07:39 AM

That was an original tune, it was not a remix. Guess you probably dont even realize the difference. The alaipaayudhe title song was what that was re-used.

I don't know about the title song, I haven't watched the full movie yet. I have watched it only in bits and pieces. But I vaguely remember that there is this background song (mangalyam thanthu... with usual tune but with modern beats) during the marriage scene. and AV was praising it. As I clearly said that I am not sure about it. Generally is it really hard to understand remix and original tunes?

omgoodnes... u ignorant dude,the Mangalyam Tantuna .... in AlaiPayuthey had basic Endredrum Punnagai tune & a diff tempo beats... have u ever even heard the real Mangalyam tune ?? gosh...

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/84fgKIvFCS.As1NMvHdW/

Hulkster
16th December 2006, 08:54 AM
I guess you have technical knowledge but that does not stop you from making wrong judgements. If you are so confident about those mds classical based compositions, just quote me one classical based tamil album on par with SB from these guys.

ARR has done a classical based tamil album..which is not very classical type but very nice to listen to and a excellent effort as well...sangamam had mazhai thuli(this is classical folk used for stories and for god glorification)...Margazhi thingal(excellent classical melody)...and Sowkiyama kanne was pure classical at its best

As for VS he has given us many classical based compositions which can match up to IR but sadly he has been ignored too much when there is a need for classical albums in tamil. But VS has scored a classical album and received a national award as well with Swara-abishegam(telugu)

vijayr
16th December 2006, 10:10 AM
"Mr. Judge"kku therinjadhu avvlodhaan..vidunga. He is not going to change. Iam done with this topic.

"But VS has scored a classical album and received a national award as well with Swara-abishegam(telugu)"

I forgot about that album. Thanks for mentioning it.

Hulkster
16th December 2006, 10:13 AM
No problem :D..i feel Mr Judge does know about ARR and VS talents..just that he hates ARR alot which i cant decipher. :confused2:

rsubras
16th December 2006, 10:17 AM
judge is not a YSR fan also...he is just a ARR hater... he has some vengeance on ARR or ARR fans in TFM page avlothan..... ask him directly what makes him hate ARR and then he will change track and talk about something else :)

vijayr
16th December 2006, 10:28 AM
rsubras, that explains it.

thumburu
16th December 2006, 08:10 PM
How could we say YSR squandered away the opportunity to score a carnatic song? Just like ARR used "Alaipayudhe" to suit the title[May be Mani's choice], YSR might have used "Kanda naaL mudhalai" again to suit the movie title[may be on Dir Priya's insistence. She happens to be Mani's protege]. Anyway IMO I welcome these tamil keerthanai in TFM as the common mass like me would get to know these precious gems atleast through films.

thumburu
16th December 2006, 08:12 PM
and KNM is not a SindhuBairavi either

Hulkster
16th December 2006, 08:33 PM
Thumburu sir YSR is yet to do a full classical album yet..or a album with classical tunes...so we cant really say how talented he is..as for now he seems to be more towards westernised music but even that as well has abit of very strong R and B influence from american artists. I hope yuvan can do a classical album..it does not have to be pure but as long as its original and there is some uniqueness we can have a idea about his talent :D

Music4Ever
16th December 2006, 10:34 PM
Although Yuvan seems to be suspect in giving a classical song, his recent other numbers are very good. Well orchestrated and well packaged. In fact, the single biggest factor for a hit song is excellent packaging. It doesn't seem to matter if there is a hint of other songs, as long as the flow is good and the music is catchy to the ears. Harris does this particularly well, followed by Yuvan and to a little extent even Imman.

vijayr
16th December 2006, 11:16 PM
"Packaging" is a vague term that people seem to use freely in the context of HJ/YSR. I have never figured out what it means musically(using gibberish words and unrelated sounds?). If a song becomes a hit its because it was "packaged" well. Whatever. I guess once you peel off the "wrapper", there would be nothing inside -applies to HJ/YSR

vijayr
16th December 2006, 11:18 PM
How could we say YSR squandered away the opportunity to score a carnatic song? Just like ARR used "Alaipayudhe" to suit the title[May be Mani's choice], YSR might have used "Kanda naaL mudhalai" again to suit the movie title[may be on Dir Priya's insistence. .

Maybe, but then how many other authentic classical songs has he done? Rahman has done several.

Anyway IMO I welcome these tamil keerthanai in TFM as the common mass like me would get to know these precious gems atleast through films.

Good idea for MDs like YSR. Every time they need a classical song for a situation they can take a not so well known classical song and add some interludes and present it.

Scale
17th December 2006, 10:46 AM
Is Naina Milaike from Saathiya also a rework? :wink: Why ARR has to compose a original hindustani classical song for a dubbed version? Instead he might have picked some old classical song and reworked. Does that hint something? Yet, the song was bfully rendered by SSargam & MShree a rare female duet from ARR after "Sambho Sambho" - PM.

sehnthan
17th December 2006, 12:46 PM
most of the rahman's classical hindustani songs heavily resembles nusrat fateh ali khan's songs. one of my punjabi friend who got is MA in hindustani music told me this...it seems even engey en punnagai frm taalam is a very very old clasical hindustani song...any clarification ?

MADDY
17th December 2006, 01:19 PM
most of the rahman's classical hindustani songs heavily resembles nusrat fateh ali khan's songs. one of my punjabi friend who got is MA in hindustani music told me this...it seems even engey en punnagai frm taalam is a very very old clasical hindustani song...any clarification ?

nope......if u find some link then u can post it here.......

even his tere bina which is a tribute to Nursat's tere bina is so different from Nursat's original.......

bulb_mani
17th December 2006, 01:32 PM
Unale Unale :

http://rapidshare.com/files/7753410/UU.zip.html

Harreis Rocks Once Again.... :thumsbup:

MrJudge
17th December 2006, 07:19 PM
Well he did get an opportunity to score for a classical song in kanda naal mudhal, didnt he? what did he end up doing? remixing.

The song was not set in carnatic surroundings (like doing a concert or classical dance scene) in the movie. The movie was targeted at urban young audience, so the director/MD has choices to do whatever they think is right for the movie. How do you know that the director gave Yuvan opportunity to do full classical number? What if she demanded that number in remix-ed (in your words) way?

Although full blown classical albums might not be in vogue, that doesnt mean there is not a single situation where classical music is not needed. Godfather had a classical song-in an Ajith movie, nevertheless!

I think the song is set to a classical dance number (correct me if I am wrong) in GF, is it comparable with IR's numerous classical dance numbers? I leave the answers to yourself.

Using your logic I could say- why does Srikanth Deva(or his father) need to compose original music? , since thats not needed in TFM anyways. He can easily survive mostly with lifted stuff, and he doesnt need to learn to compose originally.So its perfectly fine if he lifts. Right?

There is no need to drag another person into our discussion. We can very well use VS & ARR names for copying, they have their own shares too. :)

You are making too many assumptions here. First of all to recognize that a particular MD has given several cassical compositions, I need not have great technical knowledge. But to pass a careless remark saying that they are incapable or unqualified, like you did, you really do need to be qualified. Or know something more that they dont know. If you dont, then you come across as just an empty loudmouth(which I guess you are anyways, judging by your last post above)

My point was even though one does not know technicalities, it is clear to see that Sindhu Bharavi kind of albums can be done only by IR and not by these guys. Pity you, you can't even make right assesments with your knowledge.

And secondly you have asked to me quote albums on par with SB. Instead I will cite several songs spread across different albums given by these MDs, since its all the same. All you need is just evidence of their ability, it doesnt have to be from a single album. VS has aalanguyil, thendral ennum ther yeri, entharo mahaanubhavulu(thyagaraja composition to which he has added WCM elements, in MFM) and even in light songs like Ding dong kovil ManI, he has used rare scales. Kanaa kaNdenadi is another excellent light classical song. There are many such instances to show his capability of raga-handling. Rahman has Minsaara kaNNa, sowkkiyama, kaNNodu kaaNbadhellam,innisai Alabedaiye to quote a few. Plus many light/light-classical songs in Duet, Pavithra and other films, which have pretty good raga usages in them. These are but a few examples which to me indicate these MDs are easily capable of delivering classical stuff when the demand arises.

Ok, you have given a few songs of them based on their raaga-handling ability. Can you list side-by-side their comparable songs with Sindhu bhairavi and see how they are faring? (ofcourse if you have enough time) I need to say about sangamam album. Before it was released, in his interview to AV, he proudly claimed that it was out and out classical album from him. Except margazhi song, i don't think he has done a good job and calling it a classical album is a joke. Just by giving one number here and there doesn't guarantee us a full classical albums from these guys. And we will not know the answer for it in tamil in our life-time, because such films will not see the limelight anymore. Until then you can think your opinions are right and I will think mine.

Anyways I think I have wasted enough time answering you patiently, because Iam pretty its going to fall on deaf ears. You are worse than even some of the worst IR/ARR HCFs I have seen in DF in the last several years and I have seen some really bad ones. Atleast some of them, even if they belong to opposite camps occasionally acknowledge each other MD's efforts(like rajasaranam opened a thread for ARR's Bose sometime back). While you are stuck with your lame "thundu" analysis of ARR, beyond all redemption :-) Enjoy!

Look who is talking about deaf ears. Aren't you the one who thinks I-Know-Everything whenever someone questions your points? My advice to you is don't forget to show off your I-know-everything attitude wherever you go :wave:

MrJudge
17th December 2006, 07:32 PM
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/p/x/84fgKIvFCS.As1NMvHdW/

Thanks for the link....

vijayr
17th December 2006, 09:54 PM
Just like I said..fell on deaf ears :-)

I have given enough examples from both MDs which Mr. Judge has decided to ignore or probably couldnt comprehend. The examples dont have to be from a single album (although VS has won an award for a classical album). And Sindhubhairavi itself had 4 or 5 non-classical songs(thanni thotti, manadhil urudhi, paadariyen(the folk portions), naan oru sindhu. Also Mahaganapathim despite being classical was not IR's own). So it was not an out and out classical album either. So what matters is enough examples, they dont have to be from one album.

Anyways, since others have talked about Mr. Judge's reputation here, I'll just let him live in his delusional world. He has nothing substantial to say anyways.

Music4Ever
18th December 2006, 05:38 AM
"My point was even though one does not know technicalities, it is clear to see that Sindhu Bharavi kind of albums can be done only by IR and not by these guys."

Point of a HCIRF :D That alone is not enough, though. Since we are using the word "clear", I state the following for my part: Clearly, Vidyasagar can do it and do it with great success. Given time, clearly ARR also can do it. The following by ARR clearly prove it:

1) Minsara kanna
2) Sowkiyama Kanne
3) Kannodu kaanbathellam
4) Innisai AlabedaiyE
5) Azhage Sugama (listen to the violin at the ending, unmistakeably classical)

Add two or three melodies and a folk and you have a Sindhu Bairavi type of album.

NOV
18th December 2006, 07:12 AM
Sindhu Bairavi told the story of a classical musician and thus the need to have a heavily classical based musical accompaniment. In the same situation, most MDs with classical background can do justice to the scope.

Regardless of what some fans may want to imagine, IR's legacy in classical music per se is not very extensive, and is in fact minute if you compare with real classical composers like KV Mahadevan.

mazhaichaaral
18th December 2006, 07:22 AM
Sindhu Bairavi told the story of a classical musician and thus the need to have a heavily classical based musical accompaniment. In the same situation, most MDs with classical background can do justice to the scope.

Regardless of what some fans may want to imagine, IR's legacy in classical music per se is not very extensive, and is in fact minute if you compare with real classical composers like KV Mahadevan.

but I dont think anyone made classical music so popular that its(sindu bairavi) is even liked by the mass!...ilayaraja made the mass listen to it!

He got national award for sindhu bairavi .... so I think he is very good in classical music to get a national award for a classical music based movie!

he got national award for salangai oli ...which is also a classical album

he got it for rudra veena...someone can tell whether thats a classicla album!

i dont wanna compare him with K.V.Mahadevan....but Ilayaraja is not inferior to anyone...he made classical music popular(among the masses) which itself a great achievement

NOV
18th December 2006, 07:37 AM
The most popular songs in SB were in fact the folk songs, not the classical songs.

I wont call Salangai Oli a classical movie. A classic movie perhaps. 8-)

i dont wanna compare him with K.V.Mahadevan....but Ilayaraja is not inferior to anyone...he made classical music popular(among the masses) which itself a great achievementthat exactly is the point when you begin comparing. IR is not inferior to anyone and neither are ARR and VS. Each have their own strengths and weakness and when you begin this comparison game, there is going to be no end to it.

I brought in KVM to stop the assumption taken here that IR is the best classical musician ever, which he is certainly not.

mazhaichaaral
18th December 2006, 07:47 AM
The most popular songs in SB were in fact the folk songs, not the classical songs.

i dont wanna compare him with K.V.Mahadevan....but Ilayaraja is not inferior to anyone...he made classical music popular(among the masses) which itself a great achievementthat exactly is the point when you begin comparing. IR is not inferior to anyone and neither are ARR and VS. Each have their own strengths and weakness and when you begin this comparison game, there is going to be no end to it.

I brought in KVM to stop the assumption taken here that IR is the best classical musician ever, which he is certainly not.

KV Mahadevan is a well-known classical music composer with kandhan karunai and sangarabaranam under his belt....thats why I replied both are not inferior to each other...!

vidhyasagar is good!

but arr...he is a great composer of our times....but in classical music he hasnt done greatly...!

NOV
18th December 2006, 07:53 AM
This discussion is going nowhere. I have already answered your points raised in your last post in my previous two posts. :wave:

MrJudge
18th December 2006, 08:12 AM
This week's AV carries an interview of VS. He says that HJ, YSR lack uniqueness in their compositions, and it is hard to identify who composed which songs nowadays.

And my questions are "does this guy have any unique style? has he created one for himself to talk about others in the first place?"

Hulkster
18th December 2006, 08:17 AM
Judge i doubt if VS would say such things...he is a very quiet and unassuming person...he does have a unique style...especially his classical instrumentation for melodies..that alone is his trademark..the rest is just typical :D

Mazhai...KVM is the best classical composer we ever had..his usage of sitara and veenai makes it like a real life devotional song...IR's usage of classical songs is not exactly classical..it is using classical format with WCM instrumentation...quite different...but as NOV said nobody is inferior to anybody...each have their own strength and weaknesses..:D

Hulkster
18th December 2006, 08:23 AM
Vijayr i think when they say packaged they mean making the tune sound according to the current music trend. In a way it means appealing to all sections of the audience. That is what HJ has been doing..going for soft rhythms with some hip sounds to make it appealing :D

MrJudge
18th December 2006, 08:31 AM
Judge i doubt if VS would say such things...he is a very quiet and unassuming person...he does have a unique style...especially his classical instrumentation for melodies..that alone is his trademark..the rest is just typical :D

Dude, he has said it. Check yourself if you don't believe. I think he couldn't digest their successes and vent out his frustration of losing out in the game. He also says "their albums's success is based on the movie's fate at BO. Quality is not important only hit matters here"

NOV
18th December 2006, 08:41 AM
I'd be very sad if VS had truly said that. I can imagine Srikanth Deva or Sabesh Murali saying that but VS.... :cry:

As for classical composers, KVM is just the tip of the iceberg. Many others before him including the greatest G Ramanathan... Well, lets have that on another day. :D

Hulkster
18th December 2006, 08:47 AM
G Ramanathan...is he the one who composed manmadha leelaiyai vendruvar undo? I only have listened to that song but due to quality problems have not heard much of his songs...but i do know about KVM...i only listened to his classical and semi classical albums...he always uses the veenai brilliantly either in the prelude or interlude...at times sound so bhakthi like :exactly:

mazhaichaaral
18th December 2006, 08:47 AM
i think yuvan has a unique style atleast in instumentation...

Hulkster
18th December 2006, 08:49 AM
Not really....he uses R and B style of loops in his instrumentation but before that his music was a patch off ARR with some fluidity of his own. Atleast now he is abit innovative and starting to compose his own style although the influence is still there :D

Shankar
18th December 2006, 08:53 AM
>>>>>>
I can imagine Srikanth Deva or Sabesh Murali
<<<<<<

Nov,
I am not a major admirer of SD or SB...However, they shouldn't be thought as a people who can be used like a 'default' case in C :-)(if you have none to compare, bring them in types).
I have read interviews of SD and seen an interview of Sabesh, and IMO they are humble guys and they clearly know that they aren't in the league of the biggies. They haven't foul mouthed anyone AFAIK.

Their musical abilities may be limited, but you cannot extend that to their personality.

Shankar
18th December 2006, 08:54 AM
IMO, MSV-Raja-ARR have their own style, and they clearly set the trends of their age. The rest aren't trend setters of any sort.

Shankar
18th December 2006, 08:55 AM
...and G Ramanatha Iyer before that. He was just awesome.

mazhaichaaral
18th December 2006, 08:55 AM
Not really....he uses R and B style of loops in his instrumentation but before that his music was a patch off ARR with some fluidity of his own. Atleast now he is abit innovative and starting to compose his own style although the influence is still there :D

see he himself has said "after ir and arr noone can make a separate trend in music"

its common to have either ir style or arrs

but what he should stois remixing songs...he could provide better songs than "my name is billa" and "vethalaya potendi"

why did he remix...and his copying songs ...he must stop that!

its not a problem to have arr style in his music...but atleast tune must be completely original

mazhaichaaral
18th December 2006, 08:57 AM
>>>>>>
I can imagine Srikanth Deva or Sabesh Murali
<<<<<<

Nov,
I am not a major admirer of SD or SB...However, they shouldn't be thought as a people who can be used like a 'default' case in C :-)(if you have none to compare, bring them in types).
I have read interviews of SD and seen an interview of Sabesh, and IMO they are humble guys and they clearly know that they aren't in the league of the biggies. They haven't foul mouthed anyone AFAIK.

Their musical abilities may be limited, but you cannot extend that to their personality.

ejatly...their family isso humble...devas interview shows he is so frank and humble :D

NOV
18th December 2006, 08:59 AM
G Ramanathan...is he the one who composed manmadha leelaiyai vendruvar undo?yes, that and more.

G. Ramanathan, SV VEngkatraman and CR Subbaraman are still called the "Thamizh thirai Isayin Mummoorthikal". The only film that had all these three genius composers working together is "Parijatham" They were all genius in their own ways, but SVV and CRS acknowledged GR as the "Isai Methai". read more in Memories of Yesteryear section.

NOV
18th December 2006, 09:03 AM
I am not a major admirer of SD or SB...However, they shouldn't be thought as a people who can be used like a 'default' case in C :-)(if you have none to compare, bring them in types).:notworthy:
you are absolutely right of course. it was said in lighter vein. :D

dinesh2002
18th December 2006, 09:05 AM

i loved KVM's Thillana Moganambal ..... 1 of the greatest score in TFM..... :wink:

NOV
18th December 2006, 09:07 AM
IMO, MSV-Raja-ARR have their own style, and they clearly set the trends of their age. The rest aren't trend setters of any sort.true, if you're looking post 65. go back further and you will be amazed as you discover pearl after pearl - which is one of the advantages in growing old. :lol:

who next after ARR has yet to be answered. once we had high hopes on several newcomers, but apart from a brilliance here and another there, hardly anyone has made an effect.

latest addition GVP - the 18 year old chap is just another rahman clone. :sigh2:

Shankar
18th December 2006, 09:09 AM
"Well...You can laugh, but that's all you can do...You can take away the fact that MellisayE had a few phrases directly lifted from Bolero. I can send you the sheet if you can read it. Ask our common friend to play it for you in his keyboard...You'll know."

I dont need to ask any common friends. why are you dragging others for help? :-) I listened and there is hardly any resemblance. And you dont need score sheets to identify a few bars of resemblance, pleaaase :-) The resemblance is fleeting at best, not enough IMO to even call it a strong inspiration leave alone a lift

I am dragging others to help YOU :-)...If you say the resemblance is fleeting then I can get more people to offer you a helping hand. I offered to give you the sheet to get that into your head.

NOV
18th December 2006, 09:10 AM
ejatly...their family isso humble...devas interview shows he is so frank and humble :Di guess when you are a deva, you got to be humble. :lol:
just kidding. :P

NOV
18th December 2006, 09:13 AM
i loved KVM's Thillana Moganambal ..... 1 of the greatest score in TFM..... :wink:it thrills me to no end when the younger generation (you are 17?) begin to appreciate older compositions. :2thumbsup:

really there are treasures left behind by our forefathers and you will never stop being amazed by how much they have done with so little in hand.

mazhaichaaral
18th December 2006, 09:20 AM
ejatly...their family isso humble...devas interview shows he is so frank and humble :Di guess when you are a deva, you got to be humble. :lol:
just kidding. :P

not only humle....he accepts he copies...

but ...though he copies..the quality of copying is top class.....idhuvum oru vagayil samooga sevaithan....pira naatu sarakai namaku virpadhu

Hulkster
18th December 2006, 09:25 AM
Thillana Mohanambal was folk with classical...:P....but i liked his other movies like karnan....mahakavi kalidass...thiruvilaiyaadal...aathi parashakthi...shakthi leelai. The instrumentation in there was breathtaking...seringa NOV..i will go and take a look :cool: :D

vijayr
18th December 2006, 09:55 AM
I am dragging others to help YOU :-)...If you say the resemblance is fleeting then I can get more people to offer you a helping hand. I offered to give you the sheet to get that into your head.

Sorry, I didnt ask for any. You were the one clinging on to "common friends" from the beginning.
Your ignorance is evident from the fact that you need scoresheets(of which you know nothing much) to identify a couple of bars of resemblance :-), as if we are comparing 2 symphonies here. I didnt bother to waste time on something that hardly had a couple of bars of resemblance and that too just in the meter aspect. Idha poyi lift'nnu sonna vizhindhu vizhundhu sirippaanga. Try asking around and see if anyone agrees with you. And while you are it, ask Rahman to send a copy of Mellisaye's scoresheet too so that you can compare :-) Because there is no use having just the scoresheet of one song and not the other, especially for you

vijayr
18th December 2006, 09:59 AM
NOV, this Mr.Judge character is just a flamebaiter. Dont bother wasting your time replying with examples. He doesnt even have the inclination to indulge in a meaningful discussion.

NOV
18th December 2006, 10:01 AM
vijayr & shankar, both of you are seasoned and valuable hubbers. pls agree to disagree and move on. 8-)