1. Mayilirage --- A Aa
2. Uyire --- Totti Jaya
3. Kathal Enbathu --- Oru Kallooriyin Kathai

coucou
10th August 2005, 06:55 PM
do you want start fight between arr's,ysr's,hj's fans??? :twisted:

alias
10th August 2005, 08:26 PM
kokarako , there are enough Naradhars in TFM, so if u want to join please contact the admin and he would give u extra coaching to invoke ARR fans :-)

njv
10th August 2005, 08:39 PM
alias

I dont think this topic invoke any fight/war.

kokarako

Mayilirage should not be in the list. Its like comparing burce lee with super supparayan

Scale
10th August 2005, 09:04 PM
alias

I dont think this topic invoke any fight/war.

kokarako

Mayilirage should not be in the list. Its like comparing burce lee with super supparayan

:lol:

july
10th August 2005, 10:06 PM
1. Mayilirage --- A Aa 8)

dinesh2002
11th August 2005, 05:09 PM
Mayiliragai - Ah Aah

A.ANAND
11th August 2005, 07:50 PM
mayilirageeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee-ah ahh

Sanjeevi
11th August 2005, 08:17 PM
Ean mayiliraga parthu ellarum A Ah nu alaruranga? :roll:

interz
11th August 2005, 08:18 PM
i jump on arr wagon to when you can choose only between the three above mentioned songs.

voting for mayil iraghe.

coucou
11th August 2005, 10:26 PM
mayiliragai, it is obviously!!!!

Arjuna
11th August 2005, 10:49 PM
U all know which song I will choose! ;) - but I guess we should give a combined award to Uyire as well :) - antha paatum nalla thaan iruku..even HJ's latest song in Ghajini - our maalai is awesome :)

dinesh2002
12th August 2005, 05:04 AM
actualy,i felt bot the love songs from Totti Jeya & Gazhini a little lame, very boring beats & tuneless...from HJ which had good love duet was Enna Panthade & Mazhai Mazha - Uk.....these all r below average, but still the best is Mayiliragai...what a score!!!

ykrrajan
12th August 2005, 06:42 AM
IT IS THE ONE AND ONLY ONE MAYILIRAGE

Sanjeevi
12th August 2005, 06:16 PM
Kanda Naal Mudhal is releasing tomorrow....

Thus, YSR comes with two faced gun. :lol:

pirathib
12th August 2005, 11:16 PM
suttrum vizhi sudare of " Ghajini" is thousand times better then Mayil irake

Arjuna
13th August 2005, 01:30 AM
pirathib - u mean the nursery rhyme song - lol :)

pirathib
13th August 2005, 02:08 PM
ok da... i come to ur level of talking...
mayil irake sounds like a usual hindi song...nothing new...when u listen to sutrum vizhi and especially to the lyrics u feel like ur in heaven.
The singers of mayil irake totally ruin the song...but in sutrum vizhi chose the best and a new combo...Bombay Jayashree and Sriram Parthasrathy

dinesh2002
13th August 2005, 03:00 PM
hahahahahahahha :lol: ...when u say " sutrum vizhi is awesome" it strikes me Sutrum Vizhi from KKKK...that is worth what u call awesome, but this particular song ur saying awesome...hahahahahhahahahha :lol: ..sorry..i cant help but laughing....Mayil irage is the best melody of 2005, and mark my word,only Mayil irage will last untill the end of the year,Ghazini songs will never...just remember this ok va??? :P in local radio in malaysia they r playing Mayil irage like very very often, (my dad,who is IR fan actually got annoyed when he comes back home also Mayil irage song is running on my pc "...and no offence ya...Bombay Jayashree is the most aweful singer in TFM,her Tamil might be good, but her voice...haahhahaha..the only song which her voice sounded divine was Narumugayee & Theenda Theenda - Thullavadho illamai,the rest...OUT Machan!!!! what eva it is,i know u hate Mayilirage coz its more beautiful than Sutrum Vizhi rite?? :wink: nvm...enjoy ur useless...i mean 'super' songs....and we will enjoy Mayilirage....

STILL MY VOTE GOES TO MAYILIRAGE - ANBE AARUYIRE... 8)

saradhaa_sn
13th August 2005, 03:37 PM
Yesterday in "Doss" thirai vimarsanam in SunTV...
I heared a song composed by Yuvan Shanker Raja...
It is the same dito copy of his dad's "Adiye manam nilluna nikkaathadi" from Neengal Kettavai.

Appa kitta thirudunaa thappillai... thane..??

ezy0265
13th August 2005, 04:50 PM
Saradhaa,

That is not theft! He has admitted openly that it was just a mere 'cover version' of his dad's original. He did not do it thinking that it will not be noticed.

MADDY
13th August 2005, 05:06 PM
"Saradhaa,

That is not theft! He has admitted openly that it was just a mere 'cover version' of his dad's original. He did not do it thinking that it will not be noticed"

openly admitted theft :lol:

i think there is no harm in YSR using his dad's tunes.........dont we use our dad's lic policy,savings a/c money,nsc certificate etc etc when we r under crisis......is someone criticising us for that????then y criticise YSR for rehashing IR's tunes????

Sanjeevi
13th August 2005, 05:26 PM
When YSR reassembles his father's song, it fails to impress (eg. Asai nooru vagai, Adiyae Manam).
When YSR reassembles song from other MDs, it is super hit (eg. Ennasai, Manmadha leelai in Theepidikka) :lol:

pirathib
13th August 2005, 06:16 PM
dai dumbdhinesh,

just because ur a arrhardcore fan...listen to mayil irake the whole time..doesnt mean that the song is awesome...as u said we will c which song will last longer...im a big fan of rahman too...but that doesnt mean that every song he produces is out of world..in this comparison..suttrum vizhi is clearly the winner...u will c when aah aah and ghajini movie releases!!! I hope for Harris that he gets even higher for his talent

dinesh2002
13th August 2005, 09:25 PM
dai piratabu....we will see..ok va????untill then....mind ur words ok va....i still stand with my opinion...Ghazhini looses & Ah Aah wins....wait & see!!!u dun have to be,AR hardcore fan to know that Mayilirage stands the best,Why??u dun even have to be ARR fan!! many my IR fans,y even my old folks said Mayilirage is a refreshing song after such noises so far this year!! and yes...including ghazini!! 8)

MADDY
14th August 2005, 02:10 AM
u cant be a ARR fan-pirathib........u see any ARR fan in DF they dunt go to personal attacks, they never call ppl. wiith names........even in hottest of ARR V/S IR arguements it is the IR fans who lose temper and call us with names but we never indulge in personal attacks(unless provoked) cos ARR's music is not just music but is philosophy- it teaches u many things....... :D

btw dinesh is not dumb :lol:

MADDY
14th August 2005, 04:08 PM
DUNT MISS SWADES ON STAR GOLD AT 1:00 PM ON 15TH OF AUGUST......DO YOU HAVE A MOHAN BHARGAV IN YOU????

alias
15th August 2005, 07:59 PM
Yes IR has given a certificate to YSR to openly copy his songs and put it in new format. Since IR is incompetent to compose these songs in latest format... Ada somma irupa.. it looks like YSR is running out of ideas thats why this new way of composing songs. Lifting his dad's BGM and music and composing it as songs.

nilavupriyan
15th August 2005, 08:17 PM
Yes IR has given a certificate to YSR to openly copy his songs and put it in new format. Since IR is incompetent to compose these songs in latest format... Ada somma irupa.. it looks like YSR is running out of ideas thats why this new way of composing songs. Lifting his dad's BGM and music and composing it as songs.

as u have mentioned about copying...............i shall also mention about it.

alias....,do u want a list of songs copied by our arr from foriegners?
if u want the list i am ready to give it

alias
15th August 2005, 08:52 PM
Yes give me the list and also mention how many songs IR copied (I am sorry for IR fans it is inspiration :-)) from others.

nilavupriyan
15th August 2005, 09:32 PM
Yes give me the list and also mention how many songs IR copied (I am sorry for IR fans it is inspiration :-)) from others.

i shall give u the list of songs that arr copied as u ask....take it my friend

1)theme music of baba--------al capone by the untouchables

2)paarkathe paarkadhe(gentleman)----keelele by osibisa

3)telephone mani pol(indian)------combination of1)all that she wants from ace of the base and2)memphis stomp by dave gruisn in the farm

4)anbe anbe(jeans)-------of these hope by peter gabriel

5)thillana thillana(muthu)-------night bird by deep forest

6)jeans theme(madhumitha..)----famous album of micheal jackson ..will u be there

7)endrendrum punnagai(alaipayuthey)---cold hearted by paula abdul

8)beat of pasion(taal)------race with devil on turkish highway by al de meola and steve vai

hear them..................but hear them fully as in many songs the tune is stolen from the middle......

if u say these are all inspired then ysr is also inspired...

alias
15th August 2005, 09:56 PM

1)theme music of baba--------al capone by the untouchables - NOT A TRACE.... SO DONT EVeN GO THERE.

2)paarkathe paarkadhe(gentleman)----keelele by osibisa. YES MIGHT RESEMBLE IT.

3)telephone mani pol(indian)------combination of1)all that she wants from ace of the base and2)memphis stomp by dave gruisn in the farm - PURE CRAP. JJUST BECAUSE ARR USED THE SAME MUSIC LOOP AS ACE OF PURE, IT DOES MEAN IT IS COPY. JUST THE STARTING BASE WHICH HE USED THE LOOP. SO NONSENSE

4)anbe anbe(jeans)-------of these hope by peter gabriel - SAME THING... NOTHING DO WITH THE SONG.

5)thillana thillana(muthu)-------night bird by deep forest. THE HUMMING. THATS ALL. NO RESEMBLENCE TO THIS SONG.

6)jeans theme(madhumitha..)----famous album of micheal jackson ..will u be there. JESUS... STOP THIS CRAP.. NO WAY NEAR TO THAT SONG.

7)endrendrum punnagai(alaipayuthey)---cold hearted by paula abdul. TOTAL CRAP. YOU GOT TO SHARP YOUR EARS.

8)beat of pasion(taal)------race with devil on turkish highway by al de meola and steve vai. JUST BECAUSE HE USED SAME INSTRUMENT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS COPY.

hear them..................but hear them fully as in many songs the tune is stolen from the middle......

NOW I KNOW U R SCARED TO GIVE THE LIST FOR IR. BUT HERE IS THE LIST FROM U COPIED.

1. Kanavu kaanum FROM KASME VAADE SONG FROM KALYANJI ANANDIJI
2. Theme from Mouna Raagam - FLASH DANCE THEME SONG
3. Chittu kuruvi (CHINNA VEEDU) - Antonin Dvorak's Symphony 9
4. Kan malargalin [Film: Thaippongal) - ABBA's Money money money
5. Darling darling darling [Film: Priya] - Boney M's number, Sunny
6. Entha poovilum vaasam [Film: Murattukkaalai] - Antonio Ruiz-Pipo's 'Cancione et Danza: 2. Danza'.
7. Ada veetukku veetukku [Film: Kizhakku Vaasal] - Mozart's 25th symphony, 1st movement
8. Poottukkal pottaalum [Film: Chatriyan] - 'My favorite things' from the all time classic Sound of Music!
9. Theeyani [Film: Nireekshana - The Sound of Music number 'My favorite things'!
10. Chittukku chella chittukku [Film: Nallavanukku Nallavan - Rimsky-Korsakov's 'The Tale Of The Kalendar Prince'
11. Kaadhal Vandhiruchu [Film: Kalyanaraman - 'Lady in Black' by the rock band Uriah Heep
12. Akkarai seemai azhaginiley [Film: Priya - British single 'Kites' by Simon Dupree and the Big Sound

wHEN FATHER ITSELF A BIG COPY CAT THEN CAN I SAY HOW CAN SON NOT GET AFFECTED. SO NILAVU STOP THAT CRAP. I AM NOT TRYING TO BLAME IR BUT BECAUSE OF U, I HAD TO LIST IT.

nilavupriyan
15th August 2005, 10:01 PM

1)theme music of baba--------al capone by the untouchables - NOT A TRACE.... SO DONT EVeN GO THERE.

2)paarkathe paarkadhe(gentleman)----keelele by osibisa. YES MIGHT RESEMBLE IT.

3)telephone mani pol(indian)------combination of1)all that she wants from ace of the base and2)memphis stomp by dave gruisn in the farm - PURE CRAP. JJUST BECAUSE ARR USED THE SAME MUSIC LOOP AS ACE OF PURE, IT DOES MEAN IT IS COPY. JUST THE STARTING BASE WHICH HE USED THE LOOP. SO NONSENSE

4)anbe anbe(jeans)-------of these hope by peter gabriel - SAME THING... NOTHING DO WITH THE SONG.

5)thillana thillana(muthu)-------night bird by deep forest. THE HUMMING. THATS ALL. NO RESEMBLENCE TO THIS SONG.

6)jeans theme(madhumitha..)----famous album of micheal jackson ..will u be there. JESUS... STOP THIS CRAP.. NO WAY NEAR TO THAT SONG.

7)endrendrum punnagai(alaipayuthey)---cold hearted by paula abdul. TOTAL CRAP. YOU GOT TO SHARP YOUR EARS.

8)beat of pasion(taal)------race with devil on turkish highway by al de meola and steve vai. JUST BECAUSE HE USED SAME INSTRUMENT DOES NOT MEAN IT IS COPY.

NOW I KNOW U R SCARED TO GIVE THE LIST FOR IR. BUT HERE IS THE LIST FROM U COPIED.

1. Kanavu kaanum FROM KASME VAADE SONG FROM KALYANJI ANANDIJI
2. Theme from Mouna Raagam - FLASH DANCE THEME SONG
3. Chittu kuruvi (CHINNA VEEDU) - Antonin Dvorak's Symphony 9
4. Kan malargalin [Film: Thaippongal) - ABBA's Money money money
5. Darling darling darling [Film: Priya] - Boney M's number, Sunny
6. Entha poovilum vaasam [Film: Murattukkaalai] - Antonio Ruiz-Pipo's 'Cancione et Danza: 2. Danza'.
7. Ada veetukku veetukku [Film: Kizhakku Vaasal] - Mozart's 25th symphony, 1st movement
8. Poottukkal pottaalum [Film: Chatriyan] - 'My favorite things' from the all time classic Sound of Music!
9. Theeyani [Film: Nireekshana - The Sound of Music number 'My favorite things'!
10. Chittukku chella chittukku [Film: Nallavanukku Nallavan - Rimsky-Korsakov's 'The Tale Of The Kalendar Prince'
11. Kaadhal Vandhiruchu [Film: Kalyanaraman - 'Lady in Black' by the rock band Uriah Heep
12. Akkarai seemai azhaginiley [Film: Priya - British single 'Kites' by Simon Dupree and the Big Sound

wHEN FATHER ITSELF A BIG COPY CAT THEN CAN I SAY HOW CAN SON NOT GET AFFECTED. SO NILAVU STOP THAT CRAP. I AM NOT TRYING TO BLAME IR BUT BECAUSE OF U, I HAD TO LIST IT.

the songs that have been made bold are heard by me too......they are not copy.but have a similar look.

that too mouna ragam theme is entirely different.

I HAVE A GREATER LIST ON ARR ....BUT I HAVE HEARD THE CORRECT COPIES AND SENT IT.NOT JUST COPIED EVERYTHING LIKE U

anyway..........ir had done thousands of songs.............and u can mention only 10 songs.

but arr had done only hundreds of songs and i am giving the same number of copies....so who is better ....tell me

rsubras
15th August 2005, 10:02 PM
all ppl are quick to point out western albums and sources to prove that our md's are copying from them (of course the fans of those md's use the term "inspiration")

this just gives an impression none of our md's are original or they lack creativity

wud anyone here be able to point out the no.of western songs that have lifted / inspired / copied from our IR / ARR / any other indian composers' music? (if that has ever happened)

njv
15th August 2005, 10:10 PM
rsubras

http://www.danceage.com/media/276-Black-Eyed-Peas-Elephunk.php

Listen to track 11, Phunk theme. original song was from Raghavendra by IR. ITs a remix/rap on a original IR score.

Usually we have "cravings and craze" on western skin, thats why we compare our everything with western world. I dont know in what way our folk songs are worst than western song. why do one has to score western to prove their ability. As you know, our thiagaraja krithis exists for hundreds of years. Do you think any of the western album stand that long? I just hope ppl will learn to appreciate what we have and what we are good at.

Jai Hind.

rsubras
15th August 2005, 10:23 PM
yeah njv it is sick to see always our composers' good work being dismissed as copy/lift etc.,

i am damn sure for our richness , so much of our traditional music / work would have been blatantly used in some other part of the world

alias
15th August 2005, 11:05 PM
"anyway..........ir had done thousands of songs.............and u can mention only 10 songs.

but arr had done only hundreds of songs and i am giving the same number of copies....so who is better ....tell me"

So you accept that IR has copied and I did not accept ARR has lifted and that is the difference. Now you tell me.. who is better. THE PERSON WHO HAS COPIED OR THE ONE WHO HAS COMPOSED LIMITED AND NOT COPIED.

vijayr
16th August 2005, 09:56 AM
Its not wrong to point out copies as long as the person who points that out knows what he is talking. But in TFMDF, most of the time the so called copied songs dont even have a sandham resemblance leave alone tune or other aspects.In Rahman's list most songs range from fleeting resemblances to total non-resemblances.Same with Mouna raagam theme.

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 11:49 AM
"anyway..........ir had done thousands of songs.............and u can mention only 10 songs.

but arr had done only hundreds of songs and i am giving the same number of copies....so who is better ....tell me"

So you accept that IR has copied and I did not accept ARR has lifted and that is the difference. Now you tell me.. who is better. THE PERSON WHO HAS COPIED OR THE ONE WHO HAS COMPOSED LIMITED AND NOT COPIED.

you are funny...................who r u to not accept...........i have given u the list from which he had lifted.even if u dont accept thats the truth

dinesh2002
16th August 2005, 02:28 PM
Nilavu....thats just an extract from ITWOFS.com...u missed out the great parts!!!!

1 Hello Mr. ethirkatchi [Film: Iruvar]
The opening piano part definitely inspired. Source: Dave Grusin's Memphis Stomp, from the OST of The Firm, released in 1993.
Listen to Hello Mr. Ethirkatchi | Memphis Stomp
Genuine copy wrt the piano intro sequence. But the actual tune of the song remains original.

2 Kuluvalile [Film: Muthu]
The background rythm and beats inspired from the song 'rescue me' by Fontella Bass. The song was part of the OST of the film 'Sister Act', released in 1965.
Listen to Kuluvalile | Rescue me
The rythm has been used. However, the tune of the song remains original.

3 Akkadannu naanga [Film: Indian]
Again, the background beats are inspired. Source: Paul Young's 'Love of common people', from the album 'No Parlez', released in 1983.
Listen to Akkadannu | Love of common people
Oh sure, the beats are copied. Tune original!

4 Anbae anbae [Film: Jeans]
The opening sequence seems inspired from Peter Gabriel's 'Of these, hope...' from the album 'Passion: Music from the last temptation of Christ'.
Listen to anbae anbae | Of these, hope
Is A R Rahman a fan of Peter Gabriel? Tune is original!

5 Shakalaka Baby [Film: Mudhalvan]
The rhythm loop with an underground feel is also found in the track 'Flight IC 408' by State of Bengal and the track 'Aint talkin bout dub' by Apollo 440.
Listen to Shakalaka Baby | Flight IC 408 | Aint talkin bout dub
Possibly a commercially available loop, done with some improvisations by Rahman. The loop appears almost throughout the Apollo 440 track and at places in Flight IC 408. Actual song's tune original.

6 Thillana thillana [Film: Muthu]
The opening African female humming is ripped off from Deep Forests 'Night Bird'.
Listen to Thillana thillana | Night bird
Oh sure, ripped. Just that initial humming part. But if Deep Forest can rip off native African sounds....!

7 Poopookkum osai [Film: Minsara Kanavu]
The beats seem inspired from Lebo M's 'Rhythm of pride lands: Kube', which was last part of the Disney's Greatest Pop hits collection.
Listen to Poopookkum osai | Rhythm of pride lands: Kube
The beats are sure inspired. As usual the tune remains very original.

8 Thenmerku paruvakkaatru [Film: Karuthamma]
The beats are similar to a track by Dr Alban, 'Om we rembwe ike'. Note that Dr Alban himself uses a lot of commercially available loops and CDs to create songs!
Listen to Thenmerku paruvakaatru | Om we rembwe ike
The beats are sure inspired. As usual the tune remains very original. The 'yei nee romba azhaga irukke' song, 'Poi sollalaam' uses similar beats!

9 Paarkadhey [Film: Gentleman]
Alleged to be inspired from the Osibisa number 'Kelele'
Listen to Paarkadhey | Kelele
You decide!

10 Ekamevadhvitheeyam - Theme music from Baba [Film: Baba]
Inspired from the the background music of The Untouchables (1987).
Listen to Ekamevadhvitheeyam | Al Capone (The Untouchables)
'Ekamevadhvitheeyam' means "there is only one paramatma, no second entity". This song opens almost exactly like the prominent score from the cult classic 'The Untouchables' with music by Ennio Morricone. Why Rahman chose to lift this so blatantly really beats me, even if figures in Baba for a few fleeting seconds! In the soundtrack of The Untouchables, this tune plays almost throughout the movie, more so for the softer/sadder moments! I'm adding the track called 'Al Capone' which probably brings out the copy best, in my opinion! Tip: Play the Baba number in full volume, the opening plays in very low volume!

http://itwofs.com/tamil-arr.html

all the stuffs ARR took/ripp from all the above mentions r available in a LOOP CD for Music Directors!!!!

MrJudge
16th August 2005, 04:32 PM
You decide!

I have this question for long time. For every other item, Karthik has written whether it is lifted or not. Why for this one, he is asking us to decide? Is it not clear ARR has lifted the tune here? it is very clear to me, what about you? :lol:

Sanjeevi
16th August 2005, 05:06 PM
Is it
ARR vs YSR vs HJ ?
or
IR vs ARR ? :lol:

music man
16th August 2005, 06:41 PM
I think only the Baba Theme and the Gentle man song can be considered as a copy and all others cannot be termed as copies or lifts.IMHO if the tune and the orchestration remains genuine its not a copy.In all the examples its just the beat that ARR had taken which is a commercially available loop which u can find and download yourself.Many softwares are available like the basic "New Beat Transmission.Fruity Loops and the advanced CakeWalk Proffesional".This is a very common thing composers all over the world do.
Baba Theme-copied.
Gentleman song-heavily inspired.

dinesh2002
16th August 2005, 07:30 PM
You decide!

I have this question for long time. For every other item, Karthik has written whether it is lifted or not. Why for this one, he is asking us to decide? Is it not clear ARR has lifted the tune here? it is very clear to me, what about you? :lol:

hahahahahahahah....now ur attacking on 1???let me see ur comment on the other numbers which it clearly shows " TUNE REMAINS ORIGINAL" how come u didint talk about that?? speechless coz u were wrong all the time??? :wink:

alias
16th August 2005, 08:11 PM
/
you are funny...................who r u to not accept...........i have given u the list from which he had lifted.even if u dont accept thats the truth/

Just because you say does mean it is the truth. Look for Dinesh post for proof dude. And for God sake, nobody has accepted it except you and your buddy Mr Judge (since he has nothing to discuss about YSR) :lol:

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 08:24 PM
/
you are funny...................who r u to not accept...........i have given u the list from which he had lifted.even if u dont accept thats the truth/

Just because you say does mean it is the truth. Look for Dinesh post for proof dude. And for God sake, nobody has accepted it except you and your buddy Mr Judge (since he has nothing to discuss about YSR) :lol:

heyy................dinesh's comment fits exactly for ir also......even ir didnt lift any songs directly.

MrJudge
16th August 2005, 09:38 PM

hahahahahahahah....now ur attacking on 1???let me see ur comment on the other numbers which it clearly shows " TUNE REMAINS ORIGINAL" how come u didint talk about that?? speechless coz u were wrong all the time??? :wink:[/quote]

Dear DumbDinesh,

I think you did not read my post clearly. Read it once again and reply me. I will answer.

alias
16th August 2005, 10:13 PM
Yes nilavupriyan, yes he did not lift directly but through his composer he lifted all the songs :lol:

rsubras
16th August 2005, 10:14 PM
sari flop aana ARR songs ah vachitu copy nu solreenga...santhosam......... ARR ethanaiyo super hits koduthirukarae athai pathi en i2fs website la inspired / lifted nu ethuvum podalae? intha list la shakalaka baby thavira matha ellam moderate hits / not so hit songs than iruku.. so the moral of the story is when ARR lifts / copies / inspires from some other it will not bcome super hit :)

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 10:18 PM
Yes nilavupriyan, yes he did not lift directly but through his composer he lifted all the songs :lol:

not funny.try again with some other wit

alias
16th August 2005, 10:57 PM
Un mandaiku erura madiri sollununa... adhu kastam... because it is empty out there :lol: How is it? Eppo Siruppu varudha....

nilavupriyan
16th August 2005, 11:17 PM
Un mandaiku erura madiri sollununa... adhu kastam... because it is empty out there :lol: How is it? Eppo Siruppu varudha....

illa varala................vera edhachum try pannu.....L.K.G pasangga ranjula "mandaila onnum illai"nu sonna eppidi sirippu varum.

Sanjeevi
16th August 2005, 11:31 PM
What about Kanda Naal Mudhal songs?

Now IR & YSR rocks

there are 8 albums audio is selling like hot cakes

1) Arindhum Ariyamalum
2) Doss
3) Oru Kalloriyin kathai
4) Kanda Naal Mudhal
5) Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
6) Athu Oru Kana Kaalam
7) Chithambarathil oru appasamy

ellathukkum mela

gr8 "Thiruvasagam" (top of the charts)

MADDY
17th August 2005, 05:52 AM
sanjeeevi, but the charts tell a different story..........these albums mite sell but there is one album which rocks and that is Ah Aah :D .......

dinesh2002
17th August 2005, 02:54 PM

hahahahahahahah....now ur attacking on 1???let me see ur comment on the other numbers which it clearly shows " TUNE REMAINS ORIGINAL" how come u didint talk about that?? speechless coz u were wrong all the time??? :wink:

Dear DumbDinesh,

I think you did not read my post clearly. Read it once again and reply me. I will answer.[/quote]

you r the 1 still not clear with my mesage....so u agree only 1 song ARR lifted out of that whole list??? ;)! 8) super da naate aamai.....keep it up!! now ur speaking some sensibility!!

dinesh2002
17th August 2005, 02:55 PM

Now IR & YSR rocks

1) Arindhum Ariyamalum
2) Doss
3) Oru Kalloriyin kathai
4) Kanda Naal Mudhal
5) Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
6) Athu Oru Kana Kaalam

ellathukkum mela

hahahahahahahahahahaah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i love this joke!! dhankse machi!!!

Sanjeevi
17th August 2005, 05:43 PM

Now IR & YSR rocks

1) Arindhum Ariyamalum
2) Doss
3) Oru Kalloriyin kathai
4) Kanda Naal Mudhal
5) Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
6) Athu Oru Kana Kaalam

ellathukkum mela

hahahahahahahahahahaah :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: i love this joke!! dhankse machi!!!

pani thuli rocks or will rock tamilnadu. :D It will beat mayiliragai (a) sinekithanae :lol:

coucou
17th August 2005, 06:37 PM

Now IR & YSR rocks

1) Arindhum Ariyamalum
2) Doss
3) Oru Kalloriyin kathai
4) Kanda Naal Mudhal
5) Oru Naal Oru Kanavu
6) Athu Oru Kana Kaalam

ellathukkum mela

pani thuli rocks or will rock tamilnadu. :D It will beat mayiliragai (a) sinekithanae :lol:

in your dream yes :lol:

dinesh2002
17th August 2005, 07:26 PM
hey man...the PANNI..i mean pani thuli is from which movie???i dun even know what movie it is...lol....anyway...do tell me from which song that PANNI thuli is from...okva?

coucou...yes...im sure only in his dreams that will hapen.... :P

MADDY
17th August 2005, 07:33 PM
"coucou...yes...im sure only in his dreams that will hapen.... "

maybe this is oru naal oru kanavu :lol:

nilavupriyan
17th August 2005, 07:49 PM
hey man...the PANNI..i mean pani thuli is from which movie???i dun even know what movie it is...lol....anyway...do tell me from which song that PANNI thuli is from...okva?

coucou...yes...im sure only in his dreams that will hapen.... :P

heyy ...,pani thuli song is from "kanda naal mudhal"...the audio of which is released yesterday.

it sounds good....may rock tamilnadu...who knows.

MADDY
17th August 2005, 08:02 PM
yup nilavu, it may rock TN one day.....Kamal may act naturally one day.....IR may give a mass hit song one day.....YSR may topple ARR one day...... :lol:

ORU NAAL PALA KANAVU........ :lol:

MrJudge
17th August 2005, 08:42 PM
yup nilavu, it may rock TN one day.....Kamal may act naturally one day.....IR may give a mass hit song one day.....YSR may topple ARR one day...... :lol:

I think Yuvan is much much better than ARR in the BGM scenario. And I assume you don't live in TN. I went to 7GRC, Raam, Arinthum movies, Yuvan gets more applause than anybody in the title cards. I think he is quite popular among college going crowds in TN.

YSR does not need to topple ARR. Because ARR retired long back in 2000 for your information. And I don't see him coming back.

nilavupriyan
17th August 2005, 08:44 PM

if you ar comparing ysr with the talents of kamal haasan and ir ...,im glad.

kamal acting naturally.................u must not have watched moonram pirai,16 vayadhiniley,pesum padam.salangai oli,sippikul muthu etc...........it goes on

ilayaraja.....mass hit............u r funny maddy.ir must have given the most number of mass hits in tamil nadu.the number goes in hundreds....but i shall give only 10 samples
1)thalapathi
2)aboorva sagodharargal
3)16 vayadhiniley
4)mudhal mariyadhai
5)karakaatakaran
6)kadalora kavidhaigal
7)murattu kaalai
8)sagalakala vallavan
9)all mohan songs
10)all ramarajan songs

actually ir is the person who gave mass hits becoz his songs sounds from metropolitan cities to patti thotti.he is the person who reached masses.....and u can count the arr fans in the tamil nadu villages :lol:

alias
18th August 2005, 01:41 AM

I think Yuvan is much much better than ARR in the BGM scenario. And I assume you don't live in TN. I went to 7GRC, Raam, Arinthum movies, Yuvan gets more applause than anybody in the title cards. I think he is quite popular among college going crowds in TN.

YSR does not need to topple ARR. Because ARR retired long back in 2000 for your information. And I don't see him coming back.

Yes Mr Judge, ARR has retired from the number game and has become Permanent No. 1 in 2000. Now these small guys like YSR, HJ,VS, Dheena has to fight for No. 2 spot.

And for your kind information, I was in chennai and ARR name invoke a large response than SRk for Swades. And no one can beat ARR in BGM, YSR copies his dad music and make it as BGM.

7grc, kk had bgm music lifted from his dad songs and english songs. For proof go to karthik website.

MADDY
18th August 2005, 09:00 AM
frankly speaking, i like YSR too- Mr.judge and nilavu, and i dunt mind if ARR's era is sandwiched betn 2 rajas :D ......but time and again he is proving he is not as genius as his dad and not as versatile as ARR.......ARR and IR displayed these qualities within 2-3 movies....

MrJudge
18th August 2005, 10:26 AM
Yes Mr Judge, ARR has retired from the number game and has become Permanent No. 1 in 2000. Now these small guys like YSR, HJ,VS, Dheena has to fight for No. 2 spot.

And for your kind information, I was in chennai and ARR name invoke a large response than SRk for Swades. And no one can beat ARR in BGM, YSR copies his dad music and make it as BGM.

7grc, kk had bgm music lifted from his dad songs and english songs. For proof go to karthik website.

Like YSR said, there is nobody at no.1 spot. If you give a good album, people will go and buy. That is the truth.

KK BGM does not have any reference in Karthik's site. And for 7GRC having Johny is jut too much. Please buy (or atleast download these tracks) and listen, you will know how much he is better than ARR in BGM.

I did not question ARR's BGM in hindi movies, I care less for hindi movies.

MADDY:

".ARR and IR displayed these qualities within 2-3 movies...."

I don't think this will happen in future like they did in the past with annakili and roja. Because the field is going to be tough and every one will update their software/hardware profiles and use them. So the music environment will be different from when IR and ARR entered.And you can come up with some catchy number and be popular too.

alias
18th August 2005, 09:15 PM
Judge Dude, I too heard BGM of 7grc and I dont it is good album but listen to WOHEA and hear Lagaan, Swades BGM and rising and u will know what ARR is. Please do not compare with the bacha guy YSR. He is uncomparable with any of the new MDs.

And regarding Kadhal Konden, 3 songs were lifted according to ITWOFS (Nenjoddu Kalandhidu, Manasu rendum and Kadhal mattum pruivadillai) and also the movie itself was copy of an European movie (i think it is polish and the BGm too was lifted for some scenes). So what more u want. This is shamless copying from YSR. And 7grc, the best bgm was lifted from Jhonny. So dude, dont keep saying YSR is a competitor to ARR. ARR is above all these guys.

Movies
18th August 2005, 10:23 PM
For me ARR is numero uno.

number two currently is a tie between YSR and VS. IVS cause he has shown his talent and strength in all sorts of composition, ranging from classical to dapanguthu. He is one guy that desperatley need media attention. Poor fellow is being ignored in all corners! YSR cause , i have to admit his songs are the peppiest since arr decided to make experiments his routine. He is a master of mixing.... but he falls short with his copying instincts and lack of shelf life his songs are really good at the time .. but thats it... the songs are highly dpendent on the movies success...... must also add the media and the humungous success of his latest movies have made me like him.

Number three bharadwaj.... he is pretty good commercially and has a good sense of melody... esp that one song from vasool raja... WOW!

Number 4 till the second last place goes to anyone from deva, karthikraja, sa rajkumar and the bunch of MDs....

Second last HJ..... this guy is pathetic... no originality... everything about him is fake .. hairstyle to music..... nothing real abt him.... and worse he gets the max media hugging...... I dont see anything good in his music barring a few compositions... but those are for the simple melody in them...

Last Sirpi..... nothing to say......

Note I havent Listed IR, he deserves respect for the fact that he commanded tamil music for well over one and half decade.... it isnt fair to list him with anyof these people..... I wudnt list arr in the list as well......... but he is a current MD so he does have to fight it out!

Sanjeevi
18th August 2005, 10:34 PM
Rate YSR as per you wish at any place and at any respect.

But, The matter what i am telling now that YSR is the only skilled person to fight with ARR for number one position now.

alias
19th August 2005, 12:46 AM
Sanjeevi, It would be early to say YSR would beat ARR. As I said before in my early post, a person who comes up with unique sound will beat ARR not YSR who mixes IR and ARR music and that is not unique. Yes Deva did that too in some of his movies and he started mixing IR style with modern beats and mixing IR and ARR but for a short time with no luck.

I dont see any uniqueness in YSR music. He has started using lot more spanish, middle eastern music thats all...Probably new to Tamilians but not to Indians.

Movies
19th August 2005, 04:34 AM
YSR is hot and happening, and deserves it...

Atleast he doesnt impersonate his dad or arr ... he has his own style...... he has his own self respect unlike some other goof!

MrJudge
19th August 2005, 08:32 AM
number two currently is a tie between YSR and VS. IVS cause he has shown his talent and strength in all sorts of composition, ranging from classical to dapanguthu. He is one guy that desperatley need media attention. Poor fellow is being ignored in all corners! YSR cause , i have to admit his songs are the peppiest since arr decided to make experiments his routine. He is a master of mixing.... but he falls short with his copying instincts and lack of shelf life his songs are really good at the time .. but thats it... the songs are highly dpendent on the movies success...... must also add the media and the humungous success of his latest movies have made me like him.

VS? just watched the movie Ponniyin selvan. Songs are just trash, and he copied beats from deven magan song, oomai vizhigal song and repeated from his own gilli. BGM is just bad. I don't know why Radha mohan left Ramesh vinayagam and went to VS. He may be good at giving classical based numbers but film music scores need not to have classical flavor. And I don't think he is consistent either. He needs tharani very badly to come up with hits.

Sanjeevi
19th August 2005, 09:01 AM
Sanjeevi, It would be early to say YSR would beat ARR. As I said before in my early post, a person who comes up with unique sound will beat ARR not YSR who mixes IR and ARR music and that is not unique. Yes Deva did that too in some of his movies and he started mixing IR style with modern beats and mixing IR and ARR but for a short time with no luck.

I dont see any uniqueness in YSR music. He has started using lot more spanish, middle eastern music thats all...Probably new to Tamilians but not to Indians.

YSR is giving music in his own style inwhich you find styles IR and ARR. This not YSR mistakes, your mistake. Plus and Plus means Plus Plus.

Movies
19th August 2005, 09:57 AM
Mr Judge,

Not that the other guys are clean... every one from VS to YSR to sirpi all copy and lack in various parts..... thats why they arent ARR or IR.........

But nevertheless... VS is good man... he can come up with classy stuffs and look at his mass songs..... what else does tamil movies need?... Thats what every MD is doing!

sureshc
19th August 2005, 12:11 PM
any idea abt ramesh vinayagams next film project?

sureshc
19th August 2005, 12:17 PM
hi movies,
lets forg the past differences we have had abt a aha songs. sorry abt that. lets keep in touch with lively comments and make the thread interesting.
appreciate if you will reply

dinesh2002
19th August 2005, 01:30 PM
[tscii:d92fc6bda8]Audio Review : 'Thotti Jaya' music decent - but not an 'Ah Aah'

Printer friendly page

Producer: Kalaippuli S Thanu
Director: V Z Durai
Cast: Silambarasan, Gopika
Music: Harris Jayaraj
Singers: Ranjith, Saindhavi, Shankar Mahadevan, Harris Jeyaraj, Anuradha Sriram, Bombay Jayashree, Karthik, Ceylon Manohar, Srilekha, Sriram Parthasarathy, Harini, Ramesh Vinayagam

Harris Jayaraj, once an assistant to A.R. Rahman, is today a music director in his own right. But while his compositions for "Thotti Jaya" are good, he loses this round to his mentor.

The album is a decent collection of songs that you could buy - if you have money left after purchasing "Ah...Aah", the latest by Rahman.
It starts off with Jayaraj composing a track which more than strongly resembles one of Rahman's compositions from the movie "Mudhalvan". Since the latter sounded really nice, this sounds quite enjoyable as well.

Most Rahman tracks have to be listened to several times before one begins to fall in love with them. Not so with Jayaraj. He proves that he can get the listener to like a song straightaway with "Uyire En Uyire" - though it begins to wear one out with its repetitiveness after a while.

Karthik's voice sounds terribly flat; and the less said of Anuradha Sreeram's rendition of the song the better.

As one begins to listen to the next track, one gets the feeling that Jayaraj's music seems to improve with every passing track. "Thotta Power" is a typically koothu number, the kind that is likely to get young men all around Tamil Nadu on their feet. Shankar Mahadevan does a typically brilliant job.

Side B starts off with "Yaaridamum", a typically romantic number with some energetic vocals from Ramesh Vinayagan and Harini. This is the kind of song that one may find oneself humming without realising it!

The last track in the album is "Jaari Singari", another koothu number.

The verdict on the track? Typical of most Tamil movies, and can be enjoyed if the listener can keep lurid images out of his mind.

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/ar/i/movie_name/7352/0/[/tscii:d92fc6bda8]

dinesh2002
19th August 2005, 01:33 PM
Top 10 - Ghazini No 1 - Raaga.com

http://raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp

Top 10 - Ah Aah No 1 - Musicindiaonline.com

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/ut/s/26/10/

MrJudge
19th August 2005, 05:05 PM
Mr Judge,

Not that the other guys are clean... every one from VS to YSR to sirpi all copy and lack in various parts..... thats why they arent ARR or IR.........

But nevertheless... VS is good man... he can come up with classy stuffs and look at his mass songs..... what else does tamil movies need?... Thats what every MD is doing!

Hey.... did I ever say all others are clean? even IR and ARR have their shares. My point is after gilli, i haven't seen his hits. (maduray was ok and chandramuki - rajini factor) He is best with Dharani. All other his movies(ji, kana kandein, sathurangam didn't click well) And this year YSR and HJ lead the pack, not VS. PS's bgm is very bad. (Ramesh vinayagam gave couple of beautiful numbers in azagiya theeya) I don't think he will be a competitor for top spot in tfm. BTW, who is the md for dharani's latest telugu flick?VS?

Sanjeevi
19th August 2005, 06:01 PM
Music Review

Kanda Naal Mudhal - Fine form continues
IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 19, 2005]
This is a season between Yuvan and Harris.It is proving to be an interesting rivalry. And at any rate, it has proved to be good for audio buffs.

Yuvan has once again shown his fine form in Kanda Naal Muthal. He has come up trumps coming out with five numbers. The movie is directed by debutant V Priya, a one-time associate of Manirathnam, and produced by actor Prakashraj.

Starring Prasanna, Karthik and Laila, the movie has five songs besides a theme music.

Shankar Mahadevan, Shreya Ghoshal,Sadhana Sargam and Karthik have left their magic in the numbers.

Kanda Naal Muthal will be yet another hit in the books of Yuvan Shankar Raja.

1) Pani Thuli (KayKay, Shreya Ghoshal, Thanvi) The start is slow but pretty measured.Kay Kay and Shreya Ghosal take time to warm up. But after they hit the top gear, it is all cruise for us listeners. Yuvan's right touches add extra flavor to this rich romantic number.

2) Kanda Naal Muthalai (Subhiksha, Pooja) The song, set to tune on a perfect carnatic raga,would be a sheer treat for the listeners. A unheard singer Pooja makes you to want to hear for long. Her poise and grace remind one of Bombay Jayashree. Subhiksha gives her good company. A 'classical number' that is sure to enthrall listeners.

3) Koo Koovena (Karthik, Harish Raghavendra, Mahalakshmi Iyer) The song reminds one of Maestro Ilayaraja's numbers in early 1980s. It has a rhythmic beat and a catchy music. Its nuances are enhanced by the brisk voices of Karthik and Harish Raghavendra in the company of Mahalakshmi Iyer. The song begins on a slow note and goes on to pick the momentum. Yuvan's excellent orchestration is the special attraction of this song.

4)Erimalai Naane (Shankar Mahadevan, Vasundhara Das) The vibrant Shankar Mahadevan and energetic Vasundhara Dass come together to render a high voltage number. With operatic influences, the song is racy and entertaining. It's nice to see Vasundhara Dass back after a long gap in Tamil. The rocking song in the album is sure to top audio charts.

5)Merke Merke (Shankar Mahadevan, Sadhana Sargam) A soft number with the candy floss voice of Sadhna Sargam along with energetic Shankar Mahadevan. Less of instrumentation but more of tonal rhythms. It shows Yuvan's felicity with tunes and its variations there of.

6) Pushing It Hard (Yuvan Shankar Raja, Clinton, Premji) A rap number sung by Yuvan Shankar Raja along with Clinton and Premji.Perhaps the theme song of the album. It is raucously agreeable and is in tune with the demands of the youth market.

Yuvan's fine form continues.

alias
19th August 2005, 09:12 PM

YSR is giving music in his own style inwhich you find styles IR and ARR. This not YSR mistakes, your mistake. Plus and Plus means Plus Plus.

Sanjeevi, I am not talking about plus plus, I am talking about uniqueness, YSR music does not have any uniqueness. We are just hearing those rhythm which we already heard from ARR and IR. Just like someone said I can act like Rajni, Kamal, Shivaji and the producer said "Well they are already there to perform the act. What can u do unique?" Just like than Thank God ARR and IR (still struggling) are out there to hear their music.

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 06:30 PM

Sanjeevi, I am not talking about plus plus, I am talking about uniqueness, YSR music does not have any uniqueness. We are just hearing those rhythm which we already heard from ARR and IR. Just like someone said I can act like Rajni, Kamal, Shivaji and the producer said "Well they are already there to perform the act. What can u do unique?" Just like than Thank God ARR and IR (still struggling) are out there to hear their music.

Uniqueness? :lol: well, You couldn't determine the uniquesness from YSR. This means YSR comes with freshness and new style every time?. :D I think this is the true strength of YSR.

My friend once said that about YSR music has same taste and boring. But now he much like 7Grc, Manmadhan, RAAMArindhu Ariyamalum. All the above 4 films' music has different taste and view.

alias
22nd August 2005, 09:36 PM
No Sanjeevi, I could not determine the uniqueness to be frank. Tell me how the music is unique in all the 4 mentioned albums. I agree that the songs are good but not UNIQUE. yes teh genre of these albums are different but again not UNIQUE. They have the same beats which we have heard before nothing new that we can say YSR has created a unique sound.

buvana
14th September 2005, 09:50 AM
Why negate Uyire enn uyire.. it is so melodious. Cant help humming whole day... Has good interludes - piano, flute and veenai .. Even my kids who are young carnatic learners prefer this song amongst the three..

MrJudge
16th September 2005, 10:19 PM
Ok, did i hear Kadalan as a musical hit from ARR? You think Prabhu deva was not part of its success? Shankar? Kunjumon, the famous producer who can run his movies for hundred days at his own cost? Anyway list the movies that ran for 100 days only for arr's music.

alias
17th September 2005, 12:28 AM
I think you are defintely a deaf person. No doubt about it or you are ignorant enough not to call Kadalan a musical hit. Prabhu Deva part of sucess :-) Excellent job. Prabhu deva became sucesful due to Kadhalan and Kadalan became hit due to ARR. Thats is 100% Unmai.

Here is the list.

1. Kadhalan
2. Kadalar Dinam
3. Kadal Desam
4. Mr Romeo (ran 100 days in Chennai due to ARR music)
5. Uyire (only due to ARR music)
6. Jodi
7. Jeans (Aish shares the credit too)
8. Thiruda Thiruda
9. Kandukonden Kandokonden
10. Minsara Kanavu

I think 10 should be enough to satisfy your doubt. I hope. Endha list pooduma ellai ennum konjam venuma :lol:

MrJudge
17th September 2005, 10:07 AM
alias,

No, I want the complete list of movies that ran only for arr's music from 1992-2005. You should not include movies that ran only one show in chennai for 100 days/kunjumon spent his money to make it a hit. all I want is the movies that ran 100 days all over tamilnadu just for his music. No hindi movies either, just give me tamil movies alone.

MrJudge
17th September 2005, 10:17 AM
And if Aa Aaha flops then you can apply Sandal all over your body, buy crackers and sweet, wear new clothes and celebrate :lol:

No dude, it has been a normal thing from 2000 that every movie of his flops at BO, nothing to celebrate i mean. If i have to celebrate, I need to do it very often you see :) I think you should do a prarththanai just like you recommended to me. apply sandal all over your body and do anga prathatchinai 1000 times for his recovery...:lol:

A..Ah is gone and I am waiting for GF by FF to be another BF :lol:

slperson1
17th September 2005, 10:28 AM
they dubbed Rangeela into tamil solely on Rahman's popularity.the posters for the movie had pictures of his face for the tamil release.

MADDY
17th September 2005, 06:29 PM
nattamai, mudhala nee oru YSR hit sollu swami........adhukku aparum ARRa pathhi paesalam........do paaru, nee YSR hit kudukiriya illaya??? onnu kooda illana, nee malai yeru kanna.......

Vysar
18th September 2005, 12:23 AM
i watched Totti Jeya (numeralogy paduthum Paadu) yesterday. Our HJ does it again when he steals "Lady" by Kenny Rogers tune for the Love theme.

slperson1
18th September 2005, 02:28 AM
i watched ullam kettkumae and by far it was the worst effort by HJ for bgm. HJ is known for using his previous bgm in his movies over and over.but UK was unacceptable by far.nor was thotti jaya.but here is the run down on the bgm for UK.

a) minnale
b) minnale
c) minnale
d) laysa laysa
e) saamy
f) more minnale
g) instrumental of one of the UK songs
h) meena theme from muthu
and finnaly
i) more minnale

MrJudge
18th September 2005, 10:51 AM
nattamai, mudhala nee oru YSR hit sollu swami........adhukku aparum ARRa pathhi paesalam........do paaru, nee YSR hit kudukiriya illaya??? onnu kooda illana, nee malai yeru kanna.......

MADDY,

I haven't started this musical hit criteria, you started it saying YSR has not done it. As if arr has done so many times in his career. Still I hold my opinion that nobody can touch IR when considering that criteria. The reasons are obvious. I hope you are not aware of them. arr-oda musical hit list kodukka mudiyala, why did you open your mouth in the first place?

Scale
18th September 2005, 11:21 AM
Digression:

Mr.Judge, I am reading yr review of OKK on your blog and really pity you. Just being a fan of YSR, doesnt mean that you have to appreciate anything and everything that he is associated in.

Kalyanamaghi ennudaya manaiviyai mudhal mudhala aasaiya koopittu devila blackla vaangi paartha padam. Since she have already watched Anniyan,CM, I dont have any option to take her to OKK (soundeffects) instead of Daas,Englishkaran on devi complex . 3 naala upset aayitten, polambi thallitta. Then I had to convince myself and her taking to kuttralam & papanasam waterfalls :lol:.

yr + & -
nalla kadhai (pudumayana). :lol:
yuvanin BGM : Did u watch the movie and tell me how many BGM's are there in the movie. The same theme is repeated every now and then. Only Kathal Yenbathu(song) stage picturisation is brilliant. Sandhanam & his mates comedy is horrible.
Arya, soniyavin nadippu - :evil: :twisted:

Keep writing!.

Sanjeevi
18th September 2005, 11:36 AM
Somebody want hit films due to YSR music.

Why did Arindhum Ariyamalum run successfully? It is for none other than YSR. Also Punnagai Poovae had a run with verdic not bad. Thulluvatho Ilamai ran for YSR not for Selvaragavan (he was the new director) and not for Dhanush (he was new hero). The history will continue for Kanda Naal Mudal .

Scale
18th September 2005, 12:38 PM
Somebody want hit films due to YSR music.

Why did Arindhum Ariyamalum run successfully? It is for none other than YSR. Also Punnagai Poovae had a run with verdic not bad. Thulluvatho Ilamai ran for YSR not for Selvaragavan (he was the new director) and not for Dhanush (he was new hero). The history will continue for Kanda Naal Mudal .

Arindhum Ariyamalum :lol: :rotfl:. U mean to say that it is running only bcoz of YSR songs "Konjam Konjam" & "Thee Pidikka". Did you watch the movie or atleast the picturisation of those songs.

Is TI a hit ? :roll: Any proof appreciated.

Sanjeevi & Mr. Judge, I really feel shame to produce the list of ARR hits that ran just for his songs (from the day audio released), if you ppl are bringing AA,TI as YSR's list.

Refer Alias list for better understanding & Add "Boys" to it & and just analyse only "boys" inspite of the veterans story,casts, dialogue & screenplay. Count on which basis does it run each and everyday?.

MADDY
18th September 2005, 01:01 PM
MADDY,

I haven't started this musical hit criteria, you started it saying YSR has not done it. As if arr has done so many times in his career. Still I hold my opinion that nobody can touch IR when considering that criteria. The reasons are obvious. I hope you are not aware of them. arr-oda musical hit list kodukka mudiyala, why did you open your mouth in the first place?

see u r again trying to falsify straight facts....alias provided u with the list, i provided u with samples like taal and kadhalan(mind u i had more, i was waiting for ur reply) and u r still saying that we r not able to provide u with the list.....wat is this??? and moreover IR's successes will be credited to him and not to YSR......so duntargue abt IR- it wont fetch YSR any name....

sanjeevi gave the list but AA had a gud script and was indeed a gud movie, TI was a revolution that time giving way to a spate of semi-porn movies in tamil (including new), and seriously i had to scratch my head to remember punnagai poove movie....i dunt think it was a hit and i can hrdly remember it.......i know YSR's music was gud in TI(i have all songs downloaded in my comp) and punnagai poove, bbut do u think it was the clinching factor for that movie just like ARR's score for taal or rangeela???

i need one movie which did just well for YSR's music......that is music alone making ppl. throng to theatres.....

Sanjeevi
18th September 2005, 05:58 PM
Welcome back scale. Was you in TN at the time of TI release?. TN youth knows about TI movie / music success. However, TI audio has been released one year before the film release. But music was notable hit before movie release. Unfortunately film distributors had not understood about film's music hit. Therefore the director name was changed from selvaragavan (real director) to kasturi raja (reel director) name. After a lot of troubles, the film was released and was a hit. Certainly without YSR fine music, film was unnoticed / unrelased.

MADDY, Thee pidikaa is a super hit song, everyone agreed and you agree? . Who was the viewers of AA ie 80% youth have watched. They will tell music was their initiall attraction.

OK guys. I like A Ah songs and 2 songs in Ghajini (Sutrum, Oru malai).

Yesterday I watched Thotti Jeya in Kamala theatre. An average movie with average music. One 'kuthu' (with white lady) song reminds me one Ilaiyaraja song which is "Nagaru Nagaru" in Sathya. Anybody feel like this?

Vysar
18th September 2005, 11:00 PM
Yes I was thinking the same thing that song really sounded similar to Nagaru Nagaru song.

MrJudge
19th September 2005, 10:05 AM
see u r again trying to falsify straight facts....alias provided u with the list, i provided u with samples like taal and kadhalan(mind u i had more, i was waiting for ur reply) and u r still saying that we r not able to provide u with the list.....wat is this??? and moreover IR's successes will be credited to him and not to YSR......so duntargue abt IR- it wont fetch YSR any name....

I never credited IR's success to YSR. I did not even say YSR gives musical hits continously as per your definition. But to be a good md by your yardstick, he should give musical hits to prove his talent. All I asked you was to bring up arr's list. You don't even know what are the musical hits of him, pathetic! Kadhalan was the only movie you came up with. (sangarabaranam = taal is joke of the decade :lol: ) I don't think you will come up with a list ever :) And many people here even did not understand what your musical hit criteria was. Someone is quoting Boys is a musical hit. Ask them to read your def. first. Still waiting for your list dude...

slperson1
19th September 2005, 10:12 AM

I never credited IR's success to YSR. I did not even say YSR gives musical hits continously as per your definition. But to be a good md by your yardstick, he should give musical hits to prove his talent. All I asked you was to bring up arr's list. You don't even know what are the musical hits of him, pathetic! Kadhalan was the only movie you came up with. (sangarabaranam = taal is joke of the decade :lol: ) I don't think you will come up with a list ever :) And many people here even did not understand what your musical hit criteria was. Someone is quoting Boys is a musical hit. Ask them to read your def. first. Still waiting for your list dude...

ur making a complete fool of yourself.his list contained ALOT more albums then just kaadhalan.not only him but others have given lists.YOU on the otherhand have not even come close to justifying any of your points.While you laugh at him for no obvious reason, everyone else is laughing at your pathetic attempt at making him look bad. He has given you his list; your list is yet to be shown.

MrJudge
19th September 2005, 10:16 AM
yr + & -
nalla kadhai (pudumayana). :lol:
yuvanin BGM : Did u watch the movie and tell me how many BGM's are there in the movie. The same theme is repeated every now and then. Only Kathal Yenbathu(song) stage picturisation is brilliant. Sandhanam & his mates comedy is horrible.
Arya, soniyavin nadippu - :evil: :twisted:

Keep writing!.

Scale:

Yes, the story is somewhat new and I don't think anyone tried this kind of story before in tamil. Yuvan's BGM is anyday better than other MDs that includes arr too (whose BGM was so pathetic in tamil) I did not say the comedy is good, neither I liked the serious ones from the gang. They are so bad. Arya, Sonia both have done their jobs. Their screen presence was good. I did not say the movie was good. Read it again and understand.

MrJudge
19th September 2005, 10:24 AM
ur making a complete fool of yourself.his list contained ALOT more albums then just kaadhalan.not only him but others have given lists.YOU on the otherhand have not even come close to justifying any of your points.While you laugh at him for no obvious reason, everyone else is laughing at your pathetic attempt at making him look bad. He has given you his list; your list is yet to be shown.

Hey dude,

Go back to my messages and read them again, again, again..... I never said I will come up with a list of YSR's musical hits. Who is a fool now? you or me? :)

Scale
19th September 2005, 10:42 AM
Go back to my messages and read them again, again, again..... :)

My scale yells for integrity & insists to stay away from you
Mr. Judge.

MADDY
19th September 2005, 10:50 AM
nattamai, i wont give my list of ARR's hits until u give me one YSR hit album......so on wat basis u want to rate a MD......

u wunt give his musical hits, u dunt have his audio sales records or neither u have the list of movies that did well just for him.....so on wat basis u want to rate him more than ARR, just on basis of 7grc bgm or AA bgm????see his bgms r gud but that doesent mean ARR is lesser to him and u shuld come and spoil our threads unneccessarily.......if i see u again in ARR's threads with unwanted msgs, i'll again throw ur YSR thread off gear by starting comparison with ARR......

hey nattamai, u shuld understand one thing, once u requested ppl. to come into this thread to stop spoiling YSR thread with comparisons with ARR, then all ARR fans including me started posting here respecting ur view.....if u cant understand ARR and his fans' genorosity even now then there is no point in talking to u........ :?

MADDY
19th September 2005, 10:59 AM
moreover nattamai, OKK is nuthin new storyline.......there was a old lakshmi-sivakumar movie where lakshmi goes mad after she sees her husband getting close to her widowed sister.......to bring her back to normal suresh(sivakumar's brother) and his GF set up the house exactly to that scene when she went mad and try to bring her back to normal.....so OKK is nuthuin new......

i dunt know the name of the movie but i think ppl. like saradha.sn or s.balaji mite be knowing.........can u pls help guys......

MrJudge
19th September 2005, 12:35 PM
nattamai, i wont give my list of ARR's hits until u give me one YSR hit album......so on wat basis u want to rate a MD......

MADDY,
I know that you don't have the list. Because arr has given less no of musical hits in his career. To satisfy your musical senses, you need new/upcoming mds with NAs, sankarabaranams and musical hits etc?? You keep looking for these things man, nobody will satisfy you after IR that includes your arr too. My question was "did you look for these things when arr entered in tfm?" You answered Taal was the hindusani version of SB. Taal was released somewhere in late 90s. So you did not accept arr as a good md before Taal? or did you become fan of him from Roja days man? tell me honestly!

if i see u again in ARR's threads with unwanted msgs, i'll again throw ur YSR thread off gear by starting comparison with ARR......

I will come and post in appropriate threads (including arr threads). Please do post yours where ever you want.

slperson1
19th September 2005, 05:51 PM

Hey dude,

Go back to my messages and read them again, again, again..... I never said I will come up with a list of YSR's musical hits. Who is a fool now? you or me? :)

Hey fool (that's right you are still the fool),
Apparently you have neglected to read the posts of the person you were attacking and asking to make an ARR list, because 1) in his first reply to you he gave u a list of about 8 or so films & 2) he then asked you to give you a list. Then he continued to do so, but instead you replied with "where is your list?" when he had already given you a list. Hence, once again you come out on top as the fool.Now take your own advice and read any messages directed towards you AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN, because obviously you have trouble understanding what is being said.

MADDY
19th September 2005, 07:57 PM
okkk nattamai, leave my list where the heck is ur list??????u cannot even give 1 movie.....i gave u the list of 3 movies....... i had given u the comprehensive list to u and RS in the old tfm page....do u remember???

well if a song touches my heart and stirs me up some way then i like that song and if some MD does it consistently then i bcome his fan......ARR has done it always for me,YSR has done that to me with many songs....i dunt like to classify MDs on sales and hits........in that case IR is a average MD after 1992, but i rate IR as the best still.... but it was u,nattamai who made fun of ARR's failures since 2000 calling him TB....u were the one who said ARR is a lesser quality md just bcos his movies bombed after 2000......wake up nattamai, u were the one who was more particular abt success, so i just wanted to see how successful YSR is that u make fun of ARR......now i know u dunt have any answers when it comes to comparing ppl. on basis of success......

njv
19th September 2005, 10:02 PM
TB

What is TB

Now going by sales, the ranking of MDs are

ARR
YSR - with ARR not doing many films, he is really #1, but whenever ARR movie get released, he is pushed to #2
IR - was below VS, but jumped after TIS
VS - He lost his market since 2004. He was #1 in 2003
HJ -Anniyan toped the chart but its because of Shankar, not HJ

In terms of CDs, the following has the highest demand

1. Arindhum Ariyamalum
2. Orun Naal Oru Kanavu
3. Anniyan - still holding hits place

Aah Aah is no in the top chart now.

vijayr
19th September 2005, 11:03 PM
njv, although I sometimes wish that HJ loses his market, havent you mentioned in the next thread that Gajini is no. 2 in sales just behind Anniyan? So how does that explain you placing HJ fifth in the list? I think VS has to be even below HJ.

alias
20th September 2005, 12:12 AM
Judge, Dude, I gave u the list for movies which ran 100 days. Whether it ran in Chennai, Madurai or in kuk gramam is not the question, it ran because of sole artist called ARR. Now you say Kunjumon gave money to the theatre owners. He has no reason for that because the movie was a super hit due to songs. And name one movie from my list which did not have super hit music and which did not run 100 days.

And as far as sales is concermed ONOK is super flop. The movie is thrown out of theatres. Same thing goes to OKK. The movie is out of the theatres. By giving one good song from IR does not mean, that movie will be hit or songs will be hit. The movie is crap and so other songs from ONOK. Poor IR. Need to concentrate on his kasi yatrai since he has finished all his duties.

Slsperson, leave judge, he has a bad attitude against ARR and every other albums other than one composed by ARR is super hit for him. Poor guy was trying to promote flop albums like OKK in this forum without luck. He has brought all the copies to pump up the sales :lol:

In cinesouth Aa Aaha is No. 1 on the list.

njv
20th September 2005, 12:23 AM
njv, although I sometimes wish that HJ loses his market, havent you mentioned in the next thread that Gajini is no. 2 in sales just behind Anniyan? So how does that explain you placing HJ fifth in the list? I think VS has to be even below HJ.

Everyweek it changes. Gajni is now slow because the movie is postponed. Arindhum Ariyamalum still has very good response and so does ONOK.

Now anniyan is still on top from sales, but that doesnt make HJ #1. Its more of Shankar than HJ. HJ did good in 2004 though.

2003 - VS
2004 HJ
2005 YSR

Jacky
20th September 2005, 02:07 AM
If YSR is really this years number 1 and can sell as many cds just by his name on the label then why don't Rajni or Kamal hire him for their projects Sivaji and 10avatharam? Or current top stars like Vijay or Vikram? at least Tharuthalai?

alias
20th September 2005, 02:34 AM
Jacky, Everyone knows the stuff of YSR. All he can do is reassemble his dad's work with little ARR mix and give the product. He has long way before he can reach that status. But no one wants to accept the fact. YSR will never be No 1. I think as far as MDs are concerned, it is ARR No. 1 and there is fight for No. 2 position between IR, HJ,VS and YSR.

njv
20th September 2005, 02:59 AM
If YSR is really this years number 1 and can sell as many cds just by his name on the label then why don't Rajni or Kamal hire him for their projects Sivaji and 10avatharam? Or current top stars like Vijay or Vikram? at least Tharuthalai?

Definitely the count is increasing for YSR and decreasing for ARR. No doubt it that. YSR is still raising and can not be compared with ARR or VS. He can be compared agains Dhina and his set of MDs.

To me IR and ARR are composers

VS and Deva are senior MD

Rest of them are junior MDs

what i told before was just sales figures and nothing else.

MrJudge
20th September 2005, 10:28 AM

I wish YSR stays out of Rajini/kamal/Vijaykanth and all those soon to be retiring directors. Definitely the chemistry will not work, he tried a few masala movies before with Vijaykanth/Vijay/KSR. None worked out, and VS is there to fill the gap for masala movies. Instead he should work with young unknown upcoming directors.

nilavupriyan
20th September 2005, 11:33 AM

I wish YSR stays out of Rajini/kamal/Vijaykanth and all those soon to be retiring directors. Definitely the chemistry will not work, he tried a few masala movies before with Vijaykanth/Vijay/KSR. None worked out, and VS is there to fill the gap for masala movies. Instead he should work with young unknown upcoming directors.

ysr is considered to be best in youthful movies.....in movies with mass heroes he had done well in few movies like dheena,nandha.
he had a lot of time...he can experiment a lot...he is sure to hit the number one postion by 5 years....now he is only behind arr ...but as for as tamil nadu is considerd he is ahead of arr as arr doesnt give many films in tamil...

Sanjeevi
20th September 2005, 12:15 PM

ysr is considered to be best in youthful movies.....in movies with mass heroes he had done well in few movies like dheena,nandha.
he had a lot of time...he can experiment a lot...he is sure to hit the number one postion by 5 years....now he is only behind arr ...but as for as tamil nadu is considerd he is ahead of arr as arr doesnt give many films in tamil...

But when considering Dheena starring mass hero Ajith, it clicked very well. Dheena is one of most successful musical hit for Ajith. Dheena songs was super hit. After that, last 5 films of Ajith were not super hits. Ajith & YSR combination will click.

Jacky
20th September 2005, 12:15 PM
NJV,
When most decisions are based on market positions these days, YSR not working with any big league guys is surprising. When VS was number 1, everyone from Kamal, Vijay, Vikram and Ajith thronged him but I don't see such things happening to YSR - if i take your claims for 2005. A part of this pseudo image is built by the media who promote him cuz his last name is RAJA. I haven't seen the media going gaga over Anbe Sivam or Lesa Lesa which as a full album were quite decent but in YSR's case even if an album has 2-3 catchy songs VJs and RJs do a lot of talking!

rsubras
20th September 2005, 12:21 PM
how about

Thennavan with Vijayakanth ( a kuppai song which tried to xerox "kalyanam than kattikittu" from saami)

Pudhiya Geethai with Vijay - was good but not by Vijay's standards

Rishi with Sarath kumar - some songs were of the o.k category

YSR in my view, works well if the director has youthful sense. he has indeed scored mass music for Simbu in manmadhan. YSR had been more of a director's MD. Being the son of a legend, he didnt have any problem remixing a music done by TR (en aasai mythiliyae), for simbu.

MrJudge
20th September 2005, 03:10 PM
But when considering Dheena starring mass hero Ajith, it clicked very well. Dheena is one of most successful musical hit for Ajith. Dheena songs was super hit. After that, last 5 films of Ajith were not super hits. Ajith & YSR combination will click.

"Dheena" songs clicked well because of the director Murugadoss who was a new comer and extracted peppy numbers for Ajith. But that was 4/5 years ago. Now Ajith is on a different lane. He needs to have atleast one kuththu paattu, VS/Dheena/Srikanth Deva might be better choices for his and Vijay's movies. And YSR surely missed a golden opportunity in Gajini, he should have done it, since murugadoss had worked with him and came out with a winner.

Sanjeevi
20th September 2005, 03:25 PM

"Dheena" songs clicked well because of the director Murugadoss who was a new comer and extracted peppy numbers for Ajith. But that was 4/5 years ago. Now Ajith is on a different lane. He needs to have atleast one kuththu paattu, VS/Dheena/Srikanth Deva might be better choices for his and Vijay's movies. And YSR surely missed a golden opportunity in Gajini, he should have done it, since murugadoss had worked with him and came out with a winner.

Anyway, Ajith fans like Dheena songs especially Vathikuchi, sollamal, kathal website. I saw some ajith fans liking YSR combination.

If YSR did, Ghajini will be out a definitely a fresh album than currently released album by HJ. I feel the same, YSR missed the opportunity.

njv
23rd September 2005, 07:56 AM
Move ARR out of this thread or move YSR and HJ to Amature thread.

sureshmehcnit
30th September 2005, 10:52 AM
Ghajini movie review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/09/ghajini-review.html

baba88
1st October 2005, 01:40 PM
Hello,

yesterday I watched Putham Puthusu on Sun TV.
My father, who is not a big A.R.Rahman fan watched the show with me.
First they showed the trailer of Oru Kalluriyin Kadhai, then the trailer of Kandha Naal Mudhal after that they showed the trailer of Ah Aah. Then the comment of my father came.

Shankar Raja brought 50 albums (ironic) on the market and Rahman brings one album and hits Shankar Raja down.

If you believe me or not my father is not an A.R.Rahman fan.
He just said the truth.

nilavupriyan
1st October 2005, 01:52 PM
Hello,

First they showed the trailer of Oru Kalluriyin Kadhai, then the trailer of Kandha Naal Mudhal after that they showed the trailer of Ah Aah. Then the comment of my father came.

Shankar Raja brought 50 albums (ironic) on the market and Rahman brings one album and hits Shankar Raja down.

He just said the truth.

quantity and quality both are important.....

MADDY
1st October 2005, 03:02 PM

why just bcos IR scored 700 odd films wwhere 400+ are super-craps and 200+ are medium craps.........in which generation r u nilavu, when gud works like TIS go unnoticed with common man, how quantity is going to help someone.........really YSR needs to cut down on movies so that he can try to give the best like ARR......

and anyone can xplain y YSR has not been roped in hindi so far, cos i feel his music mite have a different flavor in hindi....

nilavupriyan
1st October 2005, 05:09 PM

why just bcos IR scored 700 odd films wwhere 400+ are super-craps and 200+ are medium craps.........in which generation r u nilavu, when gud works like TIS go unnoticed with common man, how quantity is going to help someone.........really YSR needs to cut down on movies so that he can try to give the best like ARR......

and anyone can xplain y YSR has not been roped in hindi so far, cos i feel his music mite have a different flavor in hindi....

:lol: :lol: ....,u seem to be ignorant......shall i give the list of ilayaraja hits...if u r wrong...,u must stop posting ill about ilayaraja?

are u ready for the bet?

im ready to prove u r wrong...are u courageous to take on my challenge?

rsubras
1st October 2005, 07:29 PM
nilavu priyan u must note maddy's sentences, he didnt say IR's songs were craps...he only said movies for which IR scored are craps (majority of them)............

i supose thatz what u told maddy :) bcoz imho i feel the same thing.......... hehe...now dont pounce on me.........

nilavupriyan
1st October 2005, 08:44 PM
nilavu priyan u must note maddy's sentences, he didnt say IR's songs were craps...he only said movies for which IR scored are craps (majority of them)............

i supose thatz what u told maddy :) bcoz imho i feel the same thing.......... hehe...now dont pounce on me.........

let maddy come ....we shall check whether that dude is courageous

Sanjeevi
1st October 2005, 09:39 PM
Hello,

He just said the truth.

Naan kuda nallavae katha solluvan :rotfl:

KNM is going to super hit. "YSR brought 50 albums". what a joke :banghead:. It will not come 50 (even near to 50) number of albums from his first film Aravindhan to Last released album KNM.

baba88
1st October 2005, 10:01 PM
Hello,

He just said the truth.

KNM is going to super hit. "YSR brought 50 albums". what a joke :banghead:. It will not come 50 (even near to 50) number of albums from his first film Aravindhan to Last released album KNM.

Sanjeevi,

mudhal vaseenga apparam nalla nalla kadhaikal ellam sollunga :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sanjeevi
1st October 2005, 10:14 PM
Hello,

He just said the truth.

Sanjeevi,

Ayyoo. lets explain baba (babba?) :lol:

YSR did not complete 50 films. But we consider he did about 40 films. To do this he took more than 8 years. What is A Ah? it is a film. Why you compare YSR's entire films with ARR's one film or try to compare currently released albums by YSR (2 or 3) with A Ah?.

Oru word Iroic nu pottu size perisakki red colour potta sariyagiduma?

baba88
1st October 2005, 10:38 PM
Hello,

He just said the truth.

Sanjeevi,

Ayyoo. lets explain baba (babba?) :lol:

YSR did not complete 50 films. But we consider he did about 40 films. To do this he took more than 8 years. What is A Ah? it is a film. Why you compare YSR's entire films with ARR's one film or try to compare currently released albums by YSR (2 or 3) with A Ah?.

Oru word Iroic nu pottu size perisakki red colour potta sariyagiduma?

Sanjeevi I think you don't understand the matter.
It's not about how much movies YSR completed.
The original meaing is that YSR had a few albums in recent times. A.R.Rahman came with his one album Ah Aah this year and showed who is the best Music Director

It's Ironic and not Iroic. :lol: Oru word Ironic nu pottu size perisakki red colour pottalum ungalukku vilangavillayeeeee. :lol:
Innum villangalaina paperla elluthi post enuppi viduran. :lol:

MADDY
1st October 2005, 11:24 PM

go ahead nilavu and post me 100+ gud albums of IR.....i'm ready for it.........i agree that he shuld have scored in 100 gud movies but even in that 100 movies there are crap songs.....

hey face it nilavu, IR is not GOD...........he has given many craps........his quality % is very low......quantity wise he is the ultimate, no doubt.....

I"M READY FOR THE CHALLENGE.......u think ARR fans are cowards???

dinesh2002
2nd October 2005, 08:02 AM
1 fatcs that EVERYONE know...but im sure the IR fans (NOT ALL OK??) will deny it!! eventhough ARR composes 6 songs max in 1 movie,atleast 4 of them become big hits!(it works even untill now,except few flop albums like Kadhal Virus,Udhaya,Parasuram) IR might have 1000 albums but the amount of songs hit will be less...lets see if IR composes 6 songs each movie,6000 songs rite?? list me 4000 songs that everyone KNOW untill now!! the songs that they will ! dont go by movies,for sure u guys will even list out the movie that had 1 big hit song only!! lets go by songs!! im sure IR has done 1000 movies rite? 4000 songs that people know & was a big hit!!!bring it on....dun think when we see the list we would agree...i will ask out some oldies that time and also the current machans.....!

for instance , the only unpopular & unoticed songs from 2001 until now were

Thazhuvadu & Thigu Thigu - Ah Aah!
New - Kumbakanom & Spiderman,
Aayitha Ezhutu - Dhol Dhol & Nenjamellam
Boys - Please Sir (but still people know its existance)
Parthale Paravasam - Nadhirdhina & Adhisaya Thirumanam
Kannathil Muttamittal - Senyore
Baba - Rajiyama 1 & Rajiyama 2

* Parasuram,Udhaya,Kadhal Virus,Alli Arjuna,Star,Desam all had only 1 song which was average hit,and rest was unoticed
1.Parasuram - Jack & Jill
2.Kadhal Virus - Eh eh Enaachu
3.Udhaya - Udhaya,Udhaya
4.Alli Arjuna - Roja Solladi
5.Star - Nethukitten
6.Desam - Undhan Desathin Kural

u dun want me to talk about his 90s hit rite?? everyone knows 97% of each & every songs he composed! only some were flop!

nilavupriyan
2nd October 2005, 11:19 AM

go ahead nilavu and post me 100+ gud albums of IR.....i'm ready for it.........i agree that he shuld have scored in 100 gud movies but even in that 100 movies there are crap songs.....

hey face it nilavu, IR is not GOD...........he has given many craps........his quality % is very low......quantity wise he is the ultimate, no doubt.....

I"M READY FOR THE CHALLENGE.......u think ARR fans are cowards???

1. Annakili (1976)
2. Pathinaru Vayathinile (1977)
3. Sigappu Rojakkal (1978)
4. Priya (1978)
5. Mullum Malarum (1978)
6. Ilamai Oonjal Aadukirathu (1978)
7. Kalyanaraman (1979)
8. Johnny (1979)
9. Aarilirindhu Aruvathu Varai (1979)
10. Ullasa Paravaigal (1980)
11. Nizhalgal (1980)
12. Murattu Kaalai (1980)
13. Moodupani (1980)
14. Guru (1980)
15. Tik Tik Tik (1981)
16. Raaja Paarvai (1981)
17. Panneer Pushpangal (1981)
18. Netri Kann (1981)
19. Nenjathai Killathe (1981)
20. Meendum Kokila (1981)
21. Kadal Meengal (1981)
22. Alaigal Ooivathilai (1981)
23. sakala Kala Vallavan (1982)
24. Ranga (1982)
25. Pudhu Kavithai (1982)
26. Pokkiri Raja (1982)
27. Payanangal Mudivathillai (1982)
28. Ninaivellam Nitya (1982)
29. Kozhi Koovuthu (1982)
30. Kathal Ovium (1982)
31. Gopurangal Saayvathillai (1982)
32. Engeyo Ketta Kural (1982)
33. Thoongathey Tambi Thoongathey (1983)
34. Sagara Sangamam (1983)
35. Pudumai Penn (1983)
36. Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983)
37. Paayum Puli (1983)
38. Moondram Pirai (1983)
39. Man Vasanai (1983)
40. Malayur Mambattiyaan (1983)
41. Dhavani Kannavukal (1983)
42. Adutha Varisu (1983)
43. Vaidehi Kaathirundaal (1984)
44. Thambikku Entha Ooru (1984)
45. Poo Vilangu (1984)
46. Oru Kaidhiyin Diary (1984)
47. Nooravathunaal (1984)
48. Neengal Kettavai (1984)
49. Nallavanukku Nallavan (1984)
50. Naan Mahaan Alla (1984)
51. Munthanai Mudichu (1984)
52. Kai Kodukkam Kai (1984)
53. Jappanil Kalyanaraman (1984)
54. Irupatthi Naalu Mani Neram (1984)
55. Enakkul Oruvan (1984)
56. Anbulla Rajanikant (1984)
57. Udaya Geetham (1985)
58. Swathi Muthyam (1985)
59. Sindhu Bhairavi (1985)
60. Poovae Poo Chooda Vaa (1985)
61. Pillai Nila (1985)
62. Pagal Nilavu (1985)
63. Padikkathavan (1985)
64. Naan Sigappu Manithan (1985)
65. Naane Raja Naane Manthiri (1985)
66. Muthal Mariyathai (1985)
67. Kanni Raasi (1985)
68. Kaakki Sattai (1985)
69. Idaya Kovil (1985)
70. Geethanjali (1985)
71. Chinna Veedu (1985)
72. Andha Oru Nimidam (1985)
73. Aan Paavam (1985)
74. Vikram (1986)
75. Punnagai Mannan (1986)
76. Palaivana Rojakkal (1986)
77. Mudhal Vasantham (1986)
78. Mr. Bharath (1986)
79. Mouna Ragam (1986)
80. Mella Thiranthathu Kadhavu (1986)
81. Manithanin Maru Pakkam (1986)
82. Mandhira Punnagai (1986)
83. Maaveran (1986)
84. Karimedu Karuvaayan (1986)
85. Kadolara Kavithaigal (1986)
86. Amman Koil Kizhakkaalae (1986)
87. Aalaapana (1986)
88. Vetri Vizha (1987)
89. Velaikkaaran (1987)
90. Poovizhi Vasalile (1987)
91. Per Sollum Pillai (1987)
92. Paadu Nilave (1987)
93. Nayakan (1987)
94. Manathil Uruthi Vendum (1987)
95. Manaivi Ready (1987)
96. Kaadhal Parisu (1987)
97. rettaival Kuruvi (1987)
98. Enga Ooru Paattukkaaran (1987)
99. Anand (1987)
100. Unnal Mudiyum Thambi (1988)
101. Soora Samhaaram (1988)
102. Satya (1988)
103. Poonthotta Kaavalkkaaran (1988)
104. Paasa Paravaigal (1988)
105. Guru Sisyan (1988)
106. En Bommukutty Ammavukku (1988)
107. Dharmathin Thalaivan (1988)
108. Agni Nakshatram (1988)
109. Varusham Padhinaaru (1989)
110. Siva (1989)
111. Raajadhi Raaja (1989)
112. Pudhu Pudhu Arthangal (1989)
113. Mappilai (1989)
114. Karagaattakkaaran (1989)
115. Indrudu Chandrudu (1989)
116. Gitanjali (1989)
117. Apoorva Sahodarargal (1989)
118. Mounam Sammadham (1989)
119. Thaalaattu Paadava (1990)
120. Raja Kaiye Vacha (1990)
121. Pulan Visaaranai (1990)
122. Paattukku Naan Adimai (1990)
123. Nadigan (1990)
124. My Dear Marthandan (1990)
125. Mannan (1990)
126. Mallu Vaetti Minor (1990)
127. Kshatriyan (1990)
128. Kizhakku Vasal (1990)
129. Keladi Kanmani (1990)
130. Arangetra Velai (1990)
131. Anjali (1990)
132. Adisaya Piravi (1990)
133. Udhayam(nagarjuna 1990)
134. Thaalaattu Kekkuthamma (1991)
135. Pudhu Nellu Puddhu Nathu (1991)
136. Michael Madana Kamarajan (1991)
137. Kumbakarai Thangaiah (1991)
138. Karpoora Mullai (1991)
139. Idhayam (1991)
140. Gopura Vasalile (1991)
141. En Rasavin Manisile (1991)
142. Eeramaana Rojave (1991)
143. Dharma Dorai (1991)
144. Chinna Thambi (1991)
145. Chinna Gounder (1991)
146. Captain Prabhakaran (1991)
147. Brahma (1991)
148. Thalapathi (1991)
149. Thirumathi Pazhanichami (1992)
150. Thevar Magan (1992)
151. Singaaravelan (1992)
152. Senthamizh Paattu (1992)
153. Rasukutty (1992)
154. Pandian (1992)
155. Nadodi Thendral (1992)
156. Meera (1992)
157. Guna (1992)
158. Chembaruthi (1992)
159. Aavarampoo (1992)
160. Walter Vetrivel (1993)
161. Valli (1993)
162. Uzhaippaali (1993)
163. Ullae Veliae (1993)
164. Ponnumani (1993)
165. Marupadiyam (1993)
166. Maharasan (1993)
167. Mahanadi (1993)
168. Koil Kaalai (1993)
169. Kalaignan (1993)
170. Kaathirukka Neramillai (1993)
171. I Love India (1993)
172. Ejamaan (1993)
173. Chinna Maaplai (1993)
174. Aranmanai Kili (1993)
175. Chinna Jameen (1993)
176. Veera (1994)
177. Sethupathi I.P.S (1994)
178. Rajakumaaran (1994)
179. Mogha Mull (1994)
180. Magalir Mattum (1994)
181. Amaidhi Padai (1994)
182. Sathi Leelavathi (1995)
183. Raasaiyya (1995)
184. Nandhavana Theru (1995)
185. Kattu Marakkaaran (1995)
186. Avathaaram (1995)
187. Poomani (1996)
188. Sirai Chaalai (1996)
189. Raman Abdullah (1997)
190. Kaadhalukku Mariyaadai (1997)
191. Devathai (1997)
192. Sethu (1999)
193. Kannukkul Nilavu (2000)
194. Bharathi (2000)
195. Hey Ram (2000)
196. Friends (2001)
197. Ramana (2002)
198. Azhagi (2002)
199. Pithamagan (2003)
200. Virumandi (2004)

you have asked 100+ albums....i have posted 200 albums and have highlighted the very famous musical hits of ilayaraja....the other albums are also musical hits........

i have won the bet....will u stop posting ill about ilayaraja....

MADDY
2nd October 2005, 11:40 AM
hello, u posted something and u urself declared that u have won the bet, who the heck told u that u won it.....porumai kanna....lemme disect ur data and find out which were really hits....

and i never want to post ill abt IR....he has given some crap songs for undeserving directors and actors....that's alll, but i know he is a genius and the gr8est.......it is IR fans who wanna post ill abt ARR.....I"LL NEVER EVER POST ILL ABOUT IR........bet or without the bet/.... :D

Scale
2nd October 2005, 12:11 PM
Maddy!

You are again into the game! Nice way to collect the whole discography of IR.

Nilavu thanks for that list and I am just warning you that you might fall into the wrath(genma paghai) of HCIR Fans that the mislighted ones are not big hits of IR.

Again Nilavu! Somehow I do have to admit sincerely IR post 90's. But dont know much about IR 70's & 80's which were big musical hits & cant admit (U below 25) myself on hearing the complete soundtracks now. Ofcourse there is a big difference in hearing the track at the time of audio/w visual release and later on...

And I dont want to bother myself by asking anyone in this forum (both IR & converted ARR fans) whether they are big hits...

Is there any trustable (unbiased) link on the net available on the exact big hits of IR.

m...... also said that he will revert... letus wait.

MADDY
2nd October 2005, 12:23 PM
great compilation nilavu :D ..hats off......welll u made me work on sunday morning, neways this is the list of flop movies from that list of urs which accounts to around 70 movies(mind u i have been very lenient in considering flops) which makes ur list come down to 130.....suppose that 130 movies had 5 songs/a film average then the total nno. of songs wud come up to 650......my arguement is that even in that 650 songs there are 300 crap songs and only 300 are gems......u want me to analyse each movie with their songs?????i'm game for it.......

Aarilirindhu Aruvathu Varai (1979)
Nizhalgal (1980)
Guru (1980)
Tik Tik Tik (1981)
Raaja Paarvai (1981)
Kadal Meengal (1981)
Pudhu Kavithai (1982)
Pokkiri Raja (1982)
Kathal Ovium (1982)
Ninaivellam Nitya (1982)
Pudumai Penn (1983)
Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983)
Paayum Puli (1983)
Malayur Mambattiyaan (1983)
Dhavani Kannavukal (1983)
Adutha Varisu (1983)
Thambikku Entha Ooru (1984)
Kai Kodukkam Kai (1984)
Enakkul Oruvan (1984)
Naan Sigappu Manithan (1985)
Naane Raja Naane Manthiri (1985)
Andha Oru Nimidam (1985)
Mudhal Vasantham (1986)
Manithanin Maru Pakkam (1986)
Mandhira Punnagai (1986)
Maaveran (1986)
Karimedu Karuvaayan (1986)
Aalaapana (1986)
Manaivi Ready (1987)
Poovizhi Vasalile (1987)
Soora Samhaaram (1988)
Paasa Paravaigal (1988)
Indrudu Chandrudu (1989)
Thaalaattu Paadava (1990)
Raja Kaiye Vacha (1990)
Paattukku Naan Adimai (1990)
My Dear Marthandan (1990)
Mallu Vaetti Minor (1990)
Thaalaattu Kekkuthamma (1991)
Pudhu Nellu Puddhu Nathu (1991)
Kumbakarai Thangaiah (1991)
Thirumathi Pazhanichami (1992)
Senthamizh Paattu (1992)
Pandian (1992)
Nadodi Thendral (1992)
Meera (1992)
Guna (1992)
Aavarampoo (1992)
Valli (1993)
Uzhaippaali (1993)
Ullae Veliae (1993)
Marupadiyam (1993)
Maharasan (1993)
Mahanadi (1993)
Koil Kaalai (1993)
Kalaignan (1993)
Kaathirukka Neramillai (1993)
I Love India (1993)
Chinna Jameen (1993)
Rajakumaaran (1994)
Mogha Mull (1994)
Raasaiyya (1995)
Kattu Marakkaaran (1995)
Avathaaram (1995)
Poomani (1996)
Raman Abdullah (1997)
Devathai (1997)
Kannukkul Nilavu (2000)
Bharathi (2000)
Hey Ram (2000)

but just look at 1991 from nilavu's list, 12 hit movies..just amazing....

nilavupriyan
2nd October 2005, 01:05 PM
great compilation nilavu :D ..hats off......welll u made me work on sunday morning, neways this is the list of flop movies from that list of urs which accounts to around 70 movies(mind u i have been very lenient in considering flops) which makes ur list come down to 130.....suppose that 130 movies had 5 songs/a film average then the total nno. of songs wud come up to 650......my arguement is that even in that 650 songs there are 300 crap songs and only 300 are gems......u want me to analyse each movie with their songs?????i'm game for it.......

Aarilirindhu Aruvathu Varai (1979)
Nizhalgal (1980)
Guru (1980)
Tik Tik Tik (1981)
Raaja Paarvai (1981)
Kadal Meengal (1981)
Pudhu Kavithai (1982)
Pokkiri Raja (1982)
Kathal Ovium (1982)
Ninaivellam Nitya (1982)
Pudumai Penn (1983)
Pallavi Anu Pallavi (1983)
Paayum Puli (1983)
Malayur Mambattiyaan (1983)
Dhavani Kannavukal (1983)
Adutha Varisu (1983)
Thambikku Entha Ooru (1984)
Kai Kodukkam Kai (1984)
Enakkul Oruvan (1984)
Naan Sigappu Manithan (1985)
Naane Raja Naane Manthiri (1985)
Andha Oru Nimidam (1985)
Mudhal Vasantham (1986)
Manithanin Maru Pakkam (1986)
Mandhira Punnagai (1986)
Maaveran (1986)
Karimedu Karuvaayan (1986)
Aalaapana (1986)
Manaivi Ready (1987)
Poovizhi Vasalile (1987)
Soora Samhaaram (1988)
Paasa Paravaigal (1988)
Indrudu Chandrudu (1989)
Thaalaattu Paadava (1990)
Raja Kaiye Vacha (1990)
Paattukku Naan Adimai (1990)
My Dear Marthandan (1990)
Mallu Vaetti Minor (1990)
Thaalaattu Kekkuthamma (1991)
Pudhu Nellu Puddhu Nathu (1991)
Kumbakarai Thangaiah (1991)
Thirumathi Pazhanichami (1992)
Senthamizh Paattu (1992)
Pandian (1992)
Nadodi Thendral (1992)
Meera (1992)
Guna (1992)
Aavarampoo (1992)
Valli (1993)
Uzhaippaali (1993)
Ullae Veliae (1993)
Marupadiyam (1993)
Maharasan (1993)
Mahanadi (1993)
Koil Kaalai (1993)
Kalaignan (1993)
Kaathirukka Neramillai (1993)
I Love India (1993)
Chinna Jameen (1993)
Rajakumaaran (1994)
Mogha Mull (1994)
Raasaiyya (1995)
Kattu Marakkaaran (1995)
Avathaaram (1995)
Poomani (1996)
Raman Abdullah (1997)
Devathai (1997)
Kannukkul Nilavu (2000)
Bharathi (2000)
Hey Ram (2000)

but just look at 1991 from nilavu's list, 12 hit movies..just amazing....

heyy...we are considering the musical standards....

do u say
1)Nizhalgal
2)Raaja Paarvai
3)Kathal Ovium
4)Thambikku Entha Ooru
5)Senthamizh Paattu
6)Meera
6)Guna
7)Aavarampoo
8)Mahanadi
9)Mogha Mull
10)Raman Abdullah
11)barathi
12)hey raam..........are containing crap songs.... :oops:

all these movies contain all-time classics.....

by the way in ur flop list u have added

1)aarilirundnu arvadhu varai(silver jubilee)
2)guru(silver jubilee)
3)kadal meengal(100 days)
4)puthu kavidhai(100 days)
5)pokkiri raja(100 days)
6)pudhumai pen(silver jubilee....got tax free support from govt)
7)payum puli(silver jubilee)
8)malayur mambatiyan(100 days)
9)dhavani kanavugal(sure hit)
10)thambikku endha ooru(100 days)
11)naan sikappu manithan(100 days)
12)puthu nellu puthu naathu(not a flop)
13)kumbakai thangaiyah(medium hit)
14)thirumathi palanichamy(100 days)
15)nane raja nane mandhiri(100 days)
16)manithanin marupakkam(sure hit...a break for siva kumar after a long gap)
17)karimedu karuvaayan(100 days)
18)poovizhi vaasilile(hit)
19)indrudu chandrudu(silver jubilee)
20)my der maarthandan(100 days)
21)mallu vetti minor(100 days)

ur list consists of great musical albums and great box-office hits as well..........

MADDY
2nd October 2005, 02:24 PM
u calling karimedu karivayan and malayur mambatiyan as hit movies really amazes me....i lived in chennai for some yrs and rest in Mumbai, i seriously cannot recollect having heard abt such movies.......

nilavu, the gr8 albums as listed by u:
guru- how do xplain "paranthalum vidamaten" song???is it a gr8 song??
hey ram- chahe pandit ho song---utter crap with no tune in it....
meera- lovenna love mannenna stove ----wat a gr8 thathuva padal......
kathak ovium-- sorry no comments
senthamizh paatu- other than vanna vanna no other song was upto the mark.......
raman abdullah- did it have any hit song at all??

yawn.....i;m really getting bored here with all this statistics.......nilavu IR is gr8 but he has given many craps....i dunt think i'll ever change my stand on it.......if u want a more detailed analysis i'll give it to u tomm. in my office time where i do get a lot of time...... :lol:

nilavupriyan
2nd October 2005, 02:36 PM
u calling karimedu karivayan and malayur mambatiyan as hit movies really amazes me....i lived in chennai for some yrs and rest in Mumbai, i seriously cannot recollect having heard abt such movies.......

nilavu, the gr8 albums as listed by u:
guru- how do xplain "paranthalum vidamaten" song???is it a gr8 song??
hey ram- chahe pandit ho song---utter crap with no tune in it....
meera- lovenna love mannenna stove ----wat a gr8 thathuva padal......kathak ovium-- sorry no comments
senthamizh paatu- other than vanna vanna no other song was upto the mark.......
raman abdullah- did it have any hit song at all??

yawn.....i;m really getting bored here with all this statistics.......nilavu IR is gr8 but he has given many craps....i dunt think i'll ever change my stand on it.......if u want a more detailed analysis i'll give it to u tomm. in my office time where i do get a lot of time...... :lol:
u can ask to anyone about malayur mambatiyan and karimedu karuvayan...both are hits

kadhal oviyam....excellent album with some classical numbers

hey raam....the song mentioned by u is made that way to look so original with nearly only piano.....kamal made it that way to look that way.....have u heard 1)isayil thodangudhamma 2)nee partha ??

raman abdullah--have u not heard muthamilae muthamilae....this shows ur ignorance about ir music...but u r posting on his films blindly.....

meera---did ir write that song......are we discussing abt the lyrics now..this shows u have no points to defend urself.....

u have asked me to list 100+ films...i have given more than enough....

so stop ur rubbish postings on ir........u loser

lancelot
2nd October 2005, 03:46 PM
1 fatcs that EVERYONE know...but im sure the IR fans (NOT ALL OK??) will deny it!! eventhough ARR composes 6 songs max in 1 movie,atleast 4 of them become big hits!(it works even untill now,except few flop albums like Kadhal Virus,Udhaya,Parasuram) IR might have 1000 albums but the amount of songs hit will be less...lets see if IR composes 6 songs each movie,6000 songs rite?? list me 4000 songs that everyone KNOW untill now!! the songs that they will ! dont go by movies,for sure u guys will even list out the movie that had 1 big hit song only!! lets go by songs!! im sure IR has done 1000 movies rite? 4000 songs that people know & was a big hit!!!bring it on....dun think when we see the list we would agree...i will ask out some oldies that time and also the current machans.....!

for instance , the only unpopular & unoticed songs from 2001 until now were

Thazhuvadu & Thigu Thigu - Ah Aah!
New - Kumbakanom & Spiderman,
Aayitha Ezhutu - Dhol Dhol & Nenjamellam
Boys - Please Sir (but still people know its existance)
Parthale Paravasam - Nadhirdhina & Adhisaya Thirumanam
Kannathil Muttamittal - Senyore
Baba - Rajiyama 1 & Rajiyama 2

* Parasuram,Udhaya,Kadhal Virus,Alli Arjuna,Star,Desam all had only 1 song which was average hit,and rest was unoticed
1.Parasuram - Jack & Jill
2.Kadhal Virus - Eh eh Enaachu
3.Udhaya - Udhaya,Udhaya
4.Alli Arjuna - Roja Solladi
5.Star - Nethukitten
6.Desam - Undhan Desathin Kural

u dun want me to talk about his 90s hit rite?? everyone knows 97% of each & every songs he composed! only some were flop!

Sinyore song is a good song count that out.

if u know about Sl. then there is no reason to not like the song. i love that song
hehe
:D

MADDY
2nd October 2005, 10:19 PM
meera---did ir write that song......are we discussing abt the lyrics now..this shows u have no points to defend urself.....

i knew it had to come to this level.......dont act like a kid, okkkkk........ quality and hits are something which we can project it in any way according to our views.......then according to ur theory movies like Boys and baba are also big hits for ARR........Baba was much popular then pandian...........U HAVE POSTED 100 CRAP MOVIES....show me quality stuff and if u want to maintain ur self respect then stop calling me names...okkkkk gaati ......

nilavupriyan
2nd October 2005, 10:25 PM

i knew it had to come to this level.......dont act like a kid, okkkkk........ quality and hits are something which we can project it in any way according to our views.......then according to ur theory movies like Boys and baba are also big hits for ARR........Baba was much popular then pandian...........U HAVE POSTED 100 CRAP MOVIES....show me quality stuff and if u want to maintain ur self respect then stop calling me names...okkkkk gaati ......

DEFINE QUALITY IN UR TERMS...,THEN I SHALL PROVE IR HAS GIVEN QUALITY MOVIES THAN ARR.....OK?

ACCEPT U R A LOSER.....OR DEFINE QUALITY CORRECTLY

MADDY
2nd October 2005, 10:39 PM
quality means (IMO)
1) Good recording quality,
2) all songs having unifrom influence over u in the movie,
3) general standard of the songs( lyrics, non-dappakuthu)

for example u quoted chahe pandit ho song as a good song but i cant agree on that..........compare it with nee partha song there is a big drop.....but take the case of punnagai mannan, all songs were just great..that is a quality album....if u look at ARR's albums u'll find more effort in each and every song whereas in IR's songs, u wud find 1 gr8 song and another mediocre song........ in meera also, oru rotulathan/mannenna song is utter crap compared to butterfly song.....

neways nilavu do u know that Greame Hick scored more first class centuries than Brian Lara.....but in international level Brian Lara is wat we know all.....so IR is like Greame Hick and ARR is Brian Lara......okkkkk

dunt call me a loser okkk u gaati.......

nilavupriyan
2nd October 2005, 10:56 PM
quality means (IMO)

for example u quoted chahe pandit ho song as a good song but i cant agree on that..........compare it with nee partha song there is a big drop.....but take the case of punnagai mannan, all songs were just great..that is a quality album....if u look at ARR's albums u'll find more effort in each and every song whereas in IR's songs, u wud find 1 gr8 song and another mediocre song........ in meera also, oru rotulathan/mannenna song is utter crap compared to butterfly song.....

neways nilavu do u know that Greame Hick scored more first class centuries than Brian Lara.....but in international level Brian Lara is wat we know all.....so IR is like Greame Hick and ARR is Brian Lara......okkkkk

look at my list .....i have given more than 100 standard albums of ilayaraja....ok...u may take out pandian and some other albums...
yet u can find 100+ quality albums

by ur definition
1)good recording quality---ir has done with what he has got at his period.....after 30 years arr songs will look like badly recorded songs...will u say arr has given low standard songs

2)all songs has uniform influence---in my list u can find lots and lots of films where ir has given 6 great songs in one movie

3)general standard of songs---lyrics---

1)mukkala mukabula
2)petarap
3)take it easy oorvasi
4)mami song in new

these are all great thathuva paadalgal...... :lol: :lol: look at ur back first...its after arr's entry to tamil field..,lyrics lost its importance...

atlast....,greame hick and lara....

i accept ir is greame hick with most number of first class centuries...

but is arr a lara??...certainly not...tell me one international album which rocked international level...he has given only bombay dreams ...that too from his old songs....dont ever dream that arr is similar to lara in world cricket

lancelot
2nd October 2005, 11:34 PM
keep going u guys this is fun. hehehehe

am sure ARR and IR will be very happy to see this. wat the hell even i am very happy to see this....

keep going... keep going...

hehe

dinesh2002
3rd October 2005, 11:58 AM
quality means (IMO)

look at my list .....i have given more than 100 standard albums of ilayaraja....ok...u may take out pandian and some other albums...
yet u can find 100+ quality albums

by ur definition
1)good recording quality---ir has done with what he has got at his period.....after 30 years arr songs will look like badly recorded songs...will u say arr has given low standard songs

2)all songs has uniform influence---in my list u can find lots and lots of films where ir has given 6 great songs in one movie

3)general standard of songs---lyrics---

1)mukkala mukabula
2)petarap
3)take it easy oorvasi
4)mami song in new

these are all great thathuva paadalgal...... :lol: :lol: look at ur back first...its after arr's entry to tamil field..,lyrics lost its importance...

atlast....,greame hick and lara....

i accept ir is greame hick with most number of first class centuries...

but is arr a lara??...certainly not...tell me one international album which rocked international level...he has given only bombay dreams ...that too from his old songs....dont ever dream that arr is similar to lara in world cricket

listen to Lagaan songs & lyrics...world class & ofcource blended with the movie just rite!! come on...dun tell me crap songs started from ARR,listen to old village songs....crapz!!! Nethu Rathiri Ammma,Tookam ponadi yamma!! besides... 100 good albums out of 1000 albums he composed???!!! 10 %!!! in which kanakku??

alias
4th October 2005, 11:19 PM
Nilavupriyan, ARR is not writing lyrics not he was interfering in the first line of the song like IR did. Yet u blame him for lyrics. I would say ARR songs have always great lyrics and yes for mass taste, the director prefer Vaali who is knows to give songs like Mukala, Pettai Rap etc but the majority of ARR songs are thousands times better than the lyrics of other MD songs and that credit goes to ARR and partly to directors.

Sanjeevi
5th October 2005, 12:13 PM
listen to Lagaan songs & lyrics...world class & ofcource blended with the movie just rite!! come on...dun tell me crap songs started from ARR,listen to old village songs....crapz!!! Nethu Rathiri Ammma,Tookam ponadi yamma!! besides... 100 good albums out of 1000 albums he composed???!!! 10 %!!! in which kanakku??

Dinesh,
he has given a sample from IR albums not the entire good albums.

For a HCIRF (like me) more than 95% of his work will be good.
For a general music lover more than 75% of his work will be good.
For others ( :? ) more than 60% of his work will be good.

nilavupriyan
5th October 2005, 12:39 PM

dinesh....,thats a sample for ir hit songs...

go to the previous page and see whats going on between me and maddy.....,he bet me to submit 100+ good albums of ir....i have posted them.....

by the way where is maddy...,escape-a? :lol: :lol:

btw....even in nethu raathiri amma...the lyrics are clear to hear...but in arr songs the lyris are not clear...music dominates sometimes

nilavupriyan
5th October 2005, 12:41 PM
Nilavupriyan, ARR is not writing lyrics not he was interfering in the first line of the song like IR did. Yet u blame him for lyrics. I would say ARR songs have always great lyrics and yes for mass taste, the director prefer Vaali who is knows to give songs like Mukala, Pettai Rap etc but the majority of ARR songs are thousands times better than the lyrics of other MD songs and that credit goes to ARR and partly to directors.

i dont blame arr at any cost..for the lyrics at all.....its maddy who commented on the lyrics of ir songs....so i answered him...
look at the previous page

dinesh2002
5th October 2005, 12:54 PM

dinesh....,thats a sample for ir hit songs...

go to the previous page and see whats going on between me and maddy.....,he bet me to submit 100+ good albums of ir....i have posted them.....

by the way where is maddy...,escape-a? :lol: :lol:

btw....even in nethu raathiri amma...the lyrics are clear to hear...but in arr songs the lyris are not clear...music dominates sometimes

speaking bout lyrics...latest current lyrics r utter rubbish....the Vaa Vaa Vaa - Dass....oh my goodness....such cheap lyrics!! but the song's tune & beats were so nice to hear..the part "ungamma yengakka yengakka ungamma athunaale naan unnai kattipene" :?

everyone knows ARR music sometimes overtake the lyrics...but i think nowdays Md does it more than ARR & never get pointed out...wonder y!

5th October 2005, 08:18 PM
Arguments like this can be summarised in one phrase - Major Mannaangatti.

But anyway, lets stick to the topic guys, YSR and HJ are clear winners now, like they have been since 2002 :D :D Poor ARR :cry:

thumburu
6th October 2005, 10:17 AM
very true. Just another dud like "ah-aah" , ARR is sure to become a relic in TFM.

Kumanan
6th October 2005, 11:21 AM
Thumburu,

Just curious if you are serious,

Ayutha Eluthu & Thesam didn't sound any good to you?
Why would you expect ARR to give his hardwork to someone like SJS?! Audio is still a commercial hit, isn't it? (Even though it failed reach you,me and whoever disliked it).

baba88
6th October 2005, 05:19 PM
Hello,

I think you can remove ARR from the topic.
Because A.R.Rahman has SIVAJI. I think you all know what this movie is. It's the biggest Project of Tamil Movie Industry.

nilavupriyan
6th October 2005, 05:22 PM
Hello,

Because A.R.Rahman has SIVAJI. I think you all know what this movie is. It's the biggest Project of Tamil Movie Industry.

so what?.....music director of a big budget movie is the greatest music director??/

what a great logic..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

baba88
6th October 2005, 07:10 PM
Hello,

so what?.....music director of a big budget movie is the greatest music director??/

Oh sorry nilavupriyan you're right.

A.R.Rahman is already the greatest Music Director :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't waste your time by comparing A.R.Rahman with other Music Directors.
A.R.Rahman has no competitors !

buddysathi
6th October 2005, 07:30 PM
APPADIYA? :roll: entha vishayam ARRku theriyuma? therinja night nimmathiya thunguvaar!

nilavupriyan
6th October 2005, 08:30 PM
Hello,

Oh sorry nilavupriyan you're right.

A.R.Rahman is already the greatest Music Director :lol: :lol: :lol:

Don't waste your time by comparing A.R.Rahman with other Music Directors.
A.R.Rahman has no competitors !

arr is the top music director of india...no doubt.But he is not composing enough songs in tamil.......in tamil hj and uvan are giving major number of hits....im not saying yuvan and hj are better than arr....but arr is not competing at all....he is not giving enough films in tamil

buddysathi
6th October 2005, 08:48 PM
I still dont understand what r the parameters which determine the top music director in India? BTW what is India here? Is it only hindi movies?If that is so, Hindi ppl have the worst taste I have ever seen..Given a chance SAR wud rock Hindi films with his llalalallala & ahahahahha which will be very much apt&suitable for their movies..
I have'nt met a single person in Mumbai, who cares a slightest damn abt BGM..All they need is some funky punjabi tunes & lalalalala..aaahahahha BGMS..

alias
6th October 2005, 11:09 PM
buddysathi, ok lets hear from you what are the parameters to become India Top MD and who is the Top MD of India now? Please enlight us.

And Nilavupriyan, if ARR starts scoring number of movies in TFM, will u accept that he is No. 1 since u have said HJ and YSR are no match to ARR?

njv
6th October 2005, 11:45 PM
I dont know what qualifies to be top, but in terms of no. of CDs sold and the no. of movies available and the profitability of the copyright holders the choice is Himesh Reshammiya.

For e.g. Kyon Ki is selling like hot cake - but the music is horrible - i have listened to this songs few hundered times by different music directors- and by HR himself. but its selling good.

ARR's hindi ventures are all commercially flop. this includes Swades & Rising, which became more populare because of SRK and AK, but the rest of the CD sales are all time low.

What we really need from ARR is a hit like Rangeela in Hindi or Indian in Tamil.

alias/maddy/dinesh

this is statistics only. i have no aversion to arr.

alias
7th October 2005, 01:21 AM
If u go by that Pritam rules the roast. He has choclate which is a big hit and now Ek Hasena Ek Khiladi and Garam Masala heading the top. And his music is much better than HR. But going by the highest paid, it is ARR all the way and much soughted too and that makes him No. 1 MD of India. budysathi, this is my parameter of No. 1 MD but please do tell us yours.

dinesh2002
7th October 2005, 03:24 PM
Rehman and Dr. Kalaam?

A.R. Rehman is the master of the music world. There may not be a soul on earth who does not know him. He has made great successes in many films. Many films have been on the theatres for a long time just because of his music. He is to give yet another surprise to all his music lovers. He has plans of composing music and singing for a poem penned by the president of India Dr. A.P.J. Kalaam. Though this news is not thoroughly confirmed, sources say that he will start working on this by the end of this year.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=108&news=newnews

buddysathi
7th October 2005, 03:46 PM
Rehman and Dr. Kalaam?

[b] There may not be a soul on earth who does not know him.

Yappa konjam alavaa vidunga!! 8-) reel andhira poguthu!!

dinesh2002
7th October 2005, 04:36 PM
Rehman and Dr. Kalaam?

[b] There may not be a soul on earth who does not know him.

Yappa konjam alavaa vidunga!! 8-) reel andhira poguthu!!

when people can call medicore scores as masterpeice,mindblowing or xerox mds as great music dirs, that comment on ARR doesnt matter!! :wink:

MADDY
7th October 2005, 05:58 PM
the top music director in India doesent neccessarily mean the top selling MD.......ARR is a trend-setter in hindi and revolutionised music and other mds followed him like ants....Himesh is no.1 now but ARR is a all time gr8......

>>>>>I still dont understand what r the parameters which determine the top music director in India? BTW what is India here? Is it only hindi movies?If that is so, Hindi ppl have the worst taste I have ever seen..Given a chance SAR wud rock Hindi films with his llalalallala & ahahahahha which will be very much apt&suitable for their movies..
I have'nt met a single person in Mumbai, who cares a slightest damn abt BGM..All they need is some funky punjabi tunes & lalalalala..aaahahahha BGMS..>>>>>>>>

stop cracking jokes sir, it is the same hindi land which produced mds like SDB,RDB,naushad....y shuld IR praise these mds if they r not that gr8........
who is holding back SAR,YSR and VS from entering hindi......VS did a gud job in hulchul but was thrashed by media here......see, basically ur music shuld have a gloabal appeal which i dunt think YSR,SAR have.....

nilavupriyan
7th October 2005, 06:07 PM
buddysathi, ok lets hear from you what are the parameters to become India Top MD and who is the Top MD of India now? Please enlight us.

And Nilavupriyan, if ARR starts scoring number of movies in TFM, will u accept that he is No. 1 since u have said HJ and YSR are no match to ARR?

definitely........,next to ir its arr........no doubt in it......but now as yuvan gives many hits in tamil he is leading....if arr gives many films arr will be at top :D

Sanjeevi
7th October 2005, 06:28 PM

definitely........,next to ir its arr........no doubt in it......but now as yuvan gives many hits in tamil he is leading....if arr gives many films arr will be at top :D

but he can't :lol: .

njv
7th October 2005, 10:54 PM
but he can't :lol: .

ARR is going thur a phase where he is not sure if he wants to do more fast-peppy-beatz or work on what he likes - creating good music.

Interesting thing is in Tamil he gets the fast-peppy songs and in Hindi he gets the classic ones. The problem is HFM spoils his music and doesnt utilize properly.

What ARR lacks here is the team that IR enjoyed - good directors - good actors. IR success (specially in BGM field) was also due ot the nature of movies that came in that time. What do you expect ARR to do for movies like Aa Aah, New, KKS etc. He did a pretty good job in Rising - but again the movie is a flop for its own reasons.

I wish ARR scored music for movies like Kadhal, Autograph.

7th October 2005, 11:18 PM
stop cracking jokes sir, it is the same hindi land which produced mds like SDB,RDB,naushad....y shuld IR praise these mds if they r not that gr8........

Echoose me, where did IR praise RDB?? The same RDB who was popularly known as Chor DB? IR did praise Naushad though.

[the epithet may be harsh but RDB anyday rocked Bollywood better than ARR, if at all ARR rocked :P ]

MADDY
8th October 2005, 03:24 AM
*, HT(mumbai) lists roja as the 5th most path-breaking album in HFM history,Times(newyork) lists roja in top10 albums of the century, many UK tabloids have claimed that ARR has sold more albums than britney/madonna combined....if this is not rocking for u then katrina is a breeze in ur dictionary......

MADDY
8th October 2005, 03:34 AM
ARR is going thur a phase where he is not sure if he wants to do more fast-peppy-beatz or work on what he likes - creating good music.

Interesting thing is in Tamil he gets the fast-peppy songs and in Hindi he gets the classic ones. The problem is HFM spoils his music and doesnt utilize properly.

exactly the point in my mind sir........ARR does not want to do a kadhalan,rangeela,kadhal desam again.......he wants to do classier stuff like MP and swades......i seriously think he did A Ah for crazy fans like me whereas his heart lies in more meaningful projects......ARR is beyond mass-hits now and obviously u wud expect him to be thrashed by YSR,HJ,VS in audio sales and box-office....i know ARR-haters wud find it really joking and a lame xcuse but it is the fact......i think it is time for ARR fans to mature and realise that he cant keep on giving music for MADDY,alias & co to win some stupid arguements like IR vs ARR,HJ vs YSR vs ARR.......

nilavupriyan
8th October 2005, 08:45 AM

exactly the point in my mind sir........ARR does not want to do a kadhalan,rangeela,kadhal desam again.......he wants to do classier stuff like MP and swades......i seriously think he did A Ah for crazy fans like me whereas his heart lies in more meaningful projects......ARR is beyond mass-hits now and obviously u wud expect him to be thrashed by YSR,HJ,VS in audio sales and box-office....i know ARR-haters wud find it really joking and a lame xcuse but it is the fact......i think it is time for ARR fans to mature and realise that he cant keep on giving music for MADDY,alias & co to win some stupid arguements like IR vs ARR,HJ vs YSR vs ARR.......

arr is not a god ...,to be beyong comparison...he is one among all mds

dinesh2002
8th October 2005, 09:48 PM
[tscii:82aa2a2387]Yuvan in demand

After Maestro Ilayaraja, it seems that his son is taking his place in the music world. Yuvan is famous for making music which reminds one of Ilayaraja and yet, is unique to Yuvan – melodious, lilting and modern. His hit scores have ensured that he is in high demand these days – in fact, it is rumoured that he demands Rs.50 lakhs per film!

Currently, he is scoring the music for a film with superstar Chiranjeevi’s nephew. Like A.R. Rehman, Yuvan also does a lot of his composing at London, the home town of his better half…

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=160&news=newnews

according to this reporter,ARR never ruled music world :lol: ,anywayz,i taut its Hj who is in demand now?? Anniyan & Ghazini (according to some its a good album) didint get him any big offers in tamil?[/tscii:82aa2a2387]

nilavupriyan
8th October 2005, 10:01 PM
[tscii:13728f37b2]Yuvan in demand

After Maestro Ilayaraja, it seems that his son is taking his place in the music world. Yuvan is famous for making music which reminds one of Ilayaraja and yet, is unique to Yuvan – melodious, lilting and modern. His hit scores have ensured that he is in high demand these days – in fact, it is rumoured that he demands Rs.50 lakhs per film!

Currently, he is scoring the music for a film with superstar Chiranjeevi’s nephew. Like A.R. Rehman, Yuvan also does a lot of his composing at London, the home town of his better half…

according to this reporter,ARR never ruled music world :lol: ,anywayz,i taut its Hj who is in demand now?? Anniyan & Ghazini (according to some its a good album) didint get him any big offers in tamil?[/tscii:13728f37b2]

anniyan and gazini are high budjet films with great expectation......they are not musical hits too

but arindum ariyamalum became a hit from nowhere else due to yuvan.........thats the difference

baba88
8th October 2005, 10:27 PM
I heard that Godfather is a 15 crores movie.
Is it true ?
They say that the budget of Gajini was 8 crores.
If it's true then Godfather will be a kutty Anniyan. :D

A.ANAND
9th October 2005, 06:46 PM
ghazini super duper hit innu hj's fans webside like sify,cinesouth periya paalama podarannga.aana ingga malaysia ayula entha soundayume kekkala.kaaka kaaka alavukkukuda pesappadalaye.2songs okey.but not musical hit like kaaka kaaka.unmaiyile superhit movie ahh????

abbydoss1969
9th October 2005, 07:28 PM
ghazini super duper hit innu hj's fans webside like sify,cinesouth periya paalama podarannga.aana ingga malaysia ayula entha soundayume kekkala.kaaka kaaka alavukkukuda pesappadalaye.2songs okey.but not musical hit like kaaka kaaka.unmaiyile superhit movie ahh????
Oh, yeah, the movie is a superhit, and the songs will naturally become hits.

interz
10th October 2005, 01:18 AM
the salary mds gets for each movies:

http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/news/music.html

surprisingly Harris J earns damn much, that must bring hope for the copycats keep on copying you will be rewarded.

10th October 2005, 03:48 AM
*, HT(mumbai) lists roja as the 5th most path-breaking album in HFM history,Times(newyork) lists roja in top10 albums of the century, many UK tabloids have claimed that ARR has sold more albums than britney/madonna combined....

Since you are someone who has visited the length and breadth of the country to some extent, I expected a more intelligent answer from you instead of pulling out some meaningless and dubious statistical references which lack a backbone. You proved me wrong yet again.

ARR's influence on Bollywood is still microscopic and negligible compared to RDB. Just look at what RDB accomplished in his first 15 years and compare with ARR. RDB was not really a spent force in 80s but lets restrict the span of his reign from 1966(Teesri Manzil) to 1980, assuming that Laxmikant-Pyarelal duo swept the 80s..(which in reality is not the entire truth).

Aradhana, Rampur Ka Laxman, Buddha Mil Gaya, Kati Patang, Amar Prem, hare rama hare Krishna, Caravan, Mere Jeevan Saathi, Yaadon Ki Baarat, Hum Kisise Hum Nahi, Aandhi...OH BOY, let me stop with the mid 70s. One can confidently claim RDB routine churned out close to 2 blockbuster hits PER YEAR ON AN AVERAGE!!! All that ARR has are a few mediocre albums, plus of course his usual recycling expertise in the form of a Roja, Bombay, Yuva, etc...
And my, what cheek you have to place ARR ahead of RDB when talking of them in the same breath itself would tantamount to blasphemy!

No IR fan would be idiotic enough to claim IR ruled MFM - he had good ones like an Olangal, KKSantoshangal, Yatramozhi, Guru but they were well spaced out and the likes of Ravindran, Arjunan, Devendran were always there at the top.

Face the bitter truth - ARR's place in Bollywood is always alongside the Anu Maliks(In more ways than one), Nadeem Shravans and definitely on a lesser level compared to S-J, RDB, L-P, B-L.

But then, there is always a certain logic-defying streak in ARR fans, who often detect unknown and fantastic achievements in their icon and believe he is the Lord and Master of every conceivable domain in the universe! It's just par for the course.

if this is not rocking for u then katrina is a breeze in ur dictionary......
And likewise for you, every whisper is equivalent to a thunderclap!

MADDY
10th October 2005, 07:33 AM
yes mr.*, i stand corrected, RDB is better than ARR.....ARR is only equal to anu-malikin HFM....ok...bye....

njv
10th October 2005, 07:52 AM
[tscii:79159064ee]Yuvan in demand

according to this reporter,ARR never ruled music world :lol: ,anywayz,i taut its Hj who is in demand now?? Anniyan & Ghazini (according to some its a good album) didint get him any big offers in tamil?[/tscii:79159064ee]

Dinesh

I sent you a PM a month back with the current CD/MD ranking. YSR is growing everyday. Now his sales figures are close to current ARR sales (not 90s ARR). After TIS IR also gained good market share.

Unless ARR gives some solid numbers (quantity and quality) it would be hard for ARR to be in mainstream competition.

2006 will answer the questions.

vijayr
10th October 2005, 10:01 AM
Mr*(why dont you get a name?), Rahman's coverage in HFM might not be comprehensive, but considering the fact that he made a huge dent in Mumbai WHILE being the No.1 in TFM is a considerable achievment.
How much of a dent did RDB make in TFM or elsewhere? zilch.
And Rahman's influence is not measured just in number of albums either. Because it takes him just a couple of albums to change the whole perspective. Thats all it takes. If he holds a concert in Mumbai it rocks. If RDB or Anu Malik did the same in Madras would they get a similar response? Anu Malik wouldnt get a crowd in Mumbai itself :-)

MADDY
10th October 2005, 01:17 PM
vijay sir, leave mr.*.....for him ARR is lesser than RDB and IR.....so be it......who cares.....i dunt how he will react if i expose the copy-cat side of RDB......RDB was the biggest copy cat of HFM , bigger than anu malik......

njv
10th October 2005, 08:43 PM
RDB was the biggest copy cat of HFM

Spanish and south american tunes are very common in RDB, but that doesnt mean RDB was worst or anything. If you forget about all the my vs your MD wars, then RDB, IR and ARR represent the music of india. RDB and IR, being on the same period, had a mutual respect for each other. "Pancham", people normally call him as, is a very great admirer of IR. He once said "with IR, TFM is 20 years ahead of HFM". If ARR doesnt go to HFM, then by now HFM would be 40 years behind TFM. If RDB wasnt there, HFM would be 60 years behing TFM.

njv
10th October 2005, 08:46 PM
If RDB or Anu Malik did the same in Madras would they get a similar response? Anu Malik wouldnt get a crowd in Mumbai itself :-)

Definitely RDB would get a good response. I have seen more "loyal" "ta"mi"l" people buying RDB than IR/ARR combined, specially people from "madras".

10th October 2005, 10:01 PM
....i dunt how he will react if i expose the copy-cat side of RDB......
echoose me, now YOU are copying me! I was the first to point out RDB's copies. But to be fair to the man, his copies were very very mild variations from hindustani classical, unlike ARR who lifted lock, stock and barrel from western stuff in his early days. And consider the number of RDB originals which were blockbuster hits.

RDB was the biggest copy cat of HFM , bigger than anu malik......

Translation of the above:
A guy of RDB's output cannot be put down easily, therefore I will use a superlative abuse to bring him below my icon.

10th October 2005, 10:15 PM
Mr*(why dont you get a name?), Rahman's coverage in HFM might not be comprehensive, but considering the fact that he made a huge dent in Mumbai WHILE being the No.1 in TFM is a considerable achievment.
How much of a dent did RDB make in TFM or elsewhere? zilch.

Now why should RDB make a foray into tfm when his HFM is reverberating across the country? (Let me reiterate that I am no way questioning ARR's ability, I appreciate him for doing what no tfm composer has done. What peeves me is ARR fans imbecile remark that he ruled HFM). I still remember his Sholay, Abhimaan, Hum Kisise Kum Nahin, Yaadon Ki Baarat belted out in my neighborhood in TN in the very early 80s - this despite IR and MSV being at their peak and the aforementioned albums released in mid 70s)

Atleast RDB was the sole reason for the success of Rajesh Khanna, Sanjeev Kumar, Big B to some extent, Dharmendra, Rishi Kapoor, Randhir Kapoor....IR carried Sivakumar, Ramarajan, Mohan, Rajkiran on his shoulders...what does ARR have apart from Prabhu Deva(To compare Prabhu with those actors is a grave injustice - he would have carried himself with his dancing talent with any music director considering the trend in the 90s).

And finally, please tell me why evergreen hits like Lekar hum deewana Dil, Piya tu ab to aa jaa, and 100s more are still hot remixes even today. There are several bars and discos in N.I where RDB hits are a rage. Go to any music shop, check the Hindi section and you will find 100s of hit CDs housing 100s of songs of Kishore, Asha and Lata.....please compare with the effect of ARR, it will surely be humiliating to make such tall claims for our man.

MADDY
10th October 2005, 11:19 PM
mr*,for u, all RDB hits are ever-green, but for me rangeela,taal and swades are ever-green.......for that matter SDB's songs are less remixed and listened to today, does it mean that RDB was gr8er than SDB??? khatarnak logic yaar, continue....

and excuse(this is the way it shuld be written) me , RDB's hindi songs were heard in TN but there were crowds of ppl. who bought ARR's Tamil albums in the north......now wat do u say for this????

many ppl. have tried to prove that ARR copied western tunes, they have all bitten the dust, so dunt waste ur time......

see, i'm not saying ARR was a bigger entity than RDB in HFM but ARR's entry and the subsequent craze wave in the north are undeniable......he has changed the way songs sound forever.....i think ARR in every right deserves to be called a trendsetter and a legend in HFM.....i dunt think u'll agree but i'm pretty sure, u do realise ARR's achievement......

njv
10th October 2005, 11:41 PM
And finally, please tell me why evergreen hits like Lekar hum deewana Dil, Piya tu ab to aa jaa, and 100s more are still hot remixes even today.

RDB's heavy spanish/south american inspirations makes it easy for anyone to remix his songs. In general, if somone can remix your music, that means there is a chance for improvement. Many attempted to remix IR and out of 4000+ songs, only few songs (less than 10) succeeded. To some extend ARR songs also are difficult to remix. Ofcourse songs by VS & few other songs are also are difficult, because the initial cut itself sounds like a remix.

Only ARR can do remix of his own songs (e.g. Marangothiye and Mayilirage from Aa Aah) and only IR can do his own remix (e.g. Kaatrinil varum geethamae - the classical version and a remix version from ONOK).

vijayr
11th October 2005, 02:38 AM
Mr*, ARR has had a bigger impact with lesser albums in HFM, thats my point. It took him just 4 or 5 HFM albums to kind of have the impact that would have taken RDB 20 or 30 albums to get done in those days. No, I am not with those who say he "ruled" HFM but he did have a significant impact with just a handful of albums (similiar to the TFM wave). And in recent years, many prestigious and big budget projects in HFM have gone his way. That in itself is an achievment.

As for RDB, his songs are easily hummable(what with many of his popular hits like Chura liya, Mehbooba being pukka lifts from western numbers), catchy and that makes them ideal candidates for remixes. Add to the fact that the "kezhavi" Asha Bhonsle is still around singing those numbers at every chance she gets on stage :-) Rahman needed to make a foray into HFM as we all know those guys wont listen to anything much from the South, however good it is, while we in Bangalore and Chennai listen to Hindi songs all the time. Thats another topic to rant about some day.

Scale
12th October 2005, 11:33 PM
yarappa intha kokarako!

oru senseless threada create pannittu athukappuram aalaye (oru postayum) kaanum. ethukkuthan hubkku varanganne theriyala :evil: :hammer: :banghead: Does this thread serve any purpose to the creator or any hubber here?

Moderators Why dont you do something on new/inactive hubbers creating topics?

rajdes
14th October 2005, 11:03 AM
vijayr, without going into who ruled and who didnt rule or who has more merit as a composer, were you around when RD was making those waves? You have some measurement scale that measures the waves made by ARR and RDB respectively in their times? What is this 4 vs 20 impact argument? As a research scholar, do you think this argument holds any sense or backup statistics except as a makeweight against fan-club members who speak no logic?
I think, in your eagerness to put down ARR-bashers(a laudable objective in its own place), you go overboard making some laughable comments.
Lastly, I am not questioning your judgement or argument - so please dont go about justifying how RD made less impact - the only thing I find funny is that you would make definitive judgements on the distant past without even having been there or seen what has happened - comparing it with the recent past which you have actually lived through so you have seen the impact of it does sound ridiculous, doesnt it to you?
For example, I fully agree with you when you say RDB's success can be attributable to his simple tunes and also the lifts might be true. But what makes you say with 100% conviction about the impact he made on that generation? How did you measure it in comparison with ARR's impact on another generation?

Sanjeevi
14th October 2005, 11:57 AM
yarappa intha kokarako!

oru senseless threada create pannittu athukappuram aalaye (oru postayum) kaanum. ethukkuthan hubkku varanganne theriyala :evil: :hammer: :banghead: Does this thread serve any purpose to the creator or any hubber here?

Moderators Why dont you do something on new/inactive hubbers creating topics?

Moderators Why dont you do something on new/old hubbers posting this type of messages

vijayr
14th October 2005, 08:28 PM
rajdes, ennappa enna paththi edholaam solra, do you know me? :-)
like you pointed out, sometimes to counter illogical ARR-bashing you have to use their own (il)logic :-) When they talk about RDB as if they were around in the 70s (with what they have read in magazines) I guess I can do the same, more so because I was a regular VVB listener of Hindi songs in the late 70s/early 80s although I wasnt probably old enough to measure impacts.I assume some of these guys werent even born then.

But seriously, when someone says "ARR is making waves in TFM" or "RDB had a huge impact in HFM" you dont expect them to quantify their statements completely right? Its just a figurative way of speaking.
To a certain extent the "impact" that was I was talking of Rahman, I have realized or felt it in terms of sales reports/kind of directors he works with in HFM/coverage that he gets in press/"vayatherichchal" comments of his HFM counterparts etc.
That he did all this in a handful of albums without being a Mumbaiite, or worse being one amongst the South MDs who have traditionally had trouble breaking the barrier, to me felt like it demanded more points. Maybe if I had just said "Rahman had a big impact" instead of saying "bigger" impact(which sounded like as if I was directly comparing impacts) it would have come across better.

karthik_sa2
14th October 2005, 11:59 PM
kangal kandadhu song from OKK was really superb that too the situation when that song comes. really great!!anybody who had watched the movie wud know what i am saying.infact all the songs were simply great.but i wonder y it didint get the recognoition it deserved.

anyway my pick wud also be mayiliragae.after long time arr at his best

Vysar
15th October 2005, 12:14 AM
is rahman acting in music videos?

http://www.hindu.com/fr/2005/10/14/stories/2005101400280700.htm

Scale
15th October 2005, 12:00 PM
Sanjeevi!

Were you the moderator here?

Ur unwarranted entry here reminds me of the "Oranguttan". Majority of them were seriously injured breaking their hands & legs trying similar activities!!

Act maturely! :D.

interz
15th October 2005, 04:20 PM
Dont count on that, his attempt to look like Michael Jackson in "vaande maataram" was a bad attempt, for rahamns career its not good to make a fool out of him by acting on movies or appear on 1 song.

MADDY
15th October 2005, 05:01 PM
Dont count on that, his attempt to look like Michael Jackson in "vaande maataram" was a bad attempt, for rahamns career its not good to make a fool out of him by acting on movies or appear on 1 song.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

shivaji miss-ana kobam appadiye theriyudhu........he looked gorgeous in vande mataram and he was looking better than dhanush and simbu in that hindu photo......... :lol: ....

Sanjeevi
15th October 2005, 05:41 PM
Act maturely! :D.
???? :wink:

Highlight of AIBI is YSR
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17375.html

dinesh2002
15th October 2005, 08:24 PM
came across this,this is a 2001 interview,and lately Hj claimed he worked for ARR for 7 years... :roll:

But how did the first film happen? We ask him a bit about his history in Kollywood and about reports that say he was Rahman's associate.

I JUST played for him. I was a keyboard player. I have been a keyboard player for 20-25 music directors. When Mr.Ravichandran, director of `Majunu', was looking for a music director, I was busy as a keyboard player. I couldn't make up my mind. When I knew Cee (I) TV was producing the film, I knew it would be a big opening,'' Harris recalls.

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/2001/09/02/stories/0902070f.htm

abbydoss1969
15th October 2005, 08:26 PM
kangal kandadhu song from OKK was really superb that too the situation when that song comes. really great!!anybody who had watched the movie wud know what i am saying.infact all the songs were simply great.but i wonder y it didint get the recognoition it deserved.

anyway my pick wud also be mayiliragae.after long time arr at his best

Exaxtly, the songs of okk are quite good, I don't know why it is getting bad press here. Of course, A Aah, is better, but that that doesn't mean Okk is bad.

rajdes
18th October 2005, 10:12 AM
"Maybe if I had just said "Rahman had a big impact" instead of saying "bigger" impact(which sounded like as if I was directly comparing impacts) it would have come across better."
This is exactly what I meant. I wouldnt contest any fan-camp sweeping statements . I only bothered to question you because I know (in about 7 years of reading this forum) that you are more committed to sensible discussions and this sort of out-oof-the-blue illogic was uncharacterstic:-)
I agree on this:
We have to state without reservations that of all TFM personalities, it is ARR who has made a dent or impact on North Indian sensibilities.

This however doesnt automatically make him a superior or even a equal of previous TFM greats like MSV, IR etc. What places him in this elite pantheon is the quality of his music, and not the adulation of North Indian music fans.To quote the latter as a reason for his greatness speaks more about the person making the statement.

rajdes
18th October 2005, 10:15 AM
and vijay, I know about you purely from posts in this forum. Atleast, in the early days, around '98-'99 , there WAS a vijay with similar views -if my assumption is that you are that same vijay, I know a little about you through this forum. Okay, lets have a recognition test - Can you recognise the term "veliayathavan"? :-)

vijayr
18th October 2005, 08:25 PM
rajdes, I was partially kidding, recognition test ellam thevai illa:-) Of course I remember your posts and most other regular DFers from that period. But still you made what I thought was a confident guess based on just my current posts. What with many DFers from that period no longer frequenting this forum it took me a while to ascertain that you are actually that same raj and not someone else.

Sundar12345
18th October 2005, 10:31 PM
:D Hey buddies ARR is grown with name and fame. May be it is fading now. This is a competition only between HJ and YSR. HJ is giving music to movies under big directors :lol: . Naturally it is a great hit. Yuvan's arindhum ariyamalum was hit only and only because of his Music which is extremely awesome. HJ keeps on repeating the same music. One gets bored after listening to it after quite a few times. YSR's music is completely different. :) One who listens to his music again and again will be more eager to listen to it again.

Sanjeevi
18th October 2005, 10:43 PM
Welcome Sundar12345.
Yet another YSR fan.

MADDY
19th October 2005, 02:13 AM
:D Hey buddies ARR is grown with name and fame. May be it is fading now. This is a competition only between HJ and YSR

but these 2 supposedly better-than-ARR mds came up with a blank when confronted with a average A Ah by our master.....wat do u say for this??? :lol: :lol:

bramma
19th October 2005, 11:44 AM
Going thinking that A Ah is a big hit are faking themselves. Ghajini is the winner

A.ANAND
19th October 2005, 01:51 PM
yes i agree with sunder12345.ysr far better than hj..

app_engine
29th November 2005, 12:51 AM
http://www.kumudam.com/kumudam/231105/pg17.php

Bharadwaj sema kaduppil irukkAr...avaraiyum indha Attaththil sEththukkungaLEn...

interz
29th November 2005, 04:01 AM
aiyoo u have to be registered to read that article...Bharathwaj is not that good. looking at audio/cd sales it clearly indicates, ARR, HJ, YSR are the most popular ones, once in a while VS pops up with great songs. Even a hardcore fan of VS like me admits this. IT must be true

vijayr
29th November 2005, 05:35 AM
Another belly-boiling interview from Bharadwaj :-) At this rate the man could end up with an ulcer. But a comical read nevertheless.

dinesh2002
29th November 2005, 06:01 PM
Another belly-boiling interview from Bharadwaj :-) At this rate the man could end up with an ulcer. But a comical read nevertheless.

what did he say man???? :lol:

vijayr
29th November 2005, 09:48 PM
dinesh, Bharadwaj is happy and sad at the same time that while Pa.Vijay and Chithra got awards for the Autograph song, he didnt. He also claims that he doesnt care much about the fact that he doesnt get recognition for many good songs of his and he doesnt go out and seek recognition(although interviews like these belie his assertions). On present day music, he thinks new sounds dont make good music.

I remember one of his previous interviews where he said he has 6 films in hand to Rahman's 4 that year and still no one talks about him when discussing about the numero uno MD :-)

dinesh2002
29th November 2005, 10:52 PM
dinesh, Bharadwaj is happy and sad at the same time that while Pa.Vijay and Chithra got awards for the Autograph song, he didnt. He also claims that he doesnt care much about the fact that he doesnt get recognition for many good songs of his and he doesnt go out and seek recognition(although interviews like these belie his assertions). On present day music, he thinks new sounds dont make good music.

I remember one of his previous interviews where he said he has 6 films in hand to Rahman's 4 that year and still no one talks about him when discussing about the numero uno MD :-)

real sick fellow :wink: ..i even remember he teased ARR for bad sales of KKS...

app_engine
29th November 2005, 11:33 PM
interz, the registration doesn't cost anything:-)

karthik_sa2
1st December 2005, 11:27 PM
yuvan,s kalvanin kadhali is rocking.songs r great.surely it will be yet another hit from yuvan.

m_23_bayarea
5th December 2005, 05:55 AM
ARR is a legend, he's a genius, uncomparable, revolutionzed Tamil music, took Tamil music to International level....

HJ is very good too, a good successor maybe to ARR....I don't want to see him as a competitior....

Rest all just normal music directors....

ARR will rock in SIVAJI !!!

vincent
5th December 2005, 03:40 PM
all the 3 songs r really superb!!
incomparable!

BUT I DON'T LIKE THE TOPIC!

hw can u compared AR RAHMAN with HJ & YSR!!

HJ & YSR r too young but damn talented.
compare HJ with YSR that will be OK!

ARR IS TOO GOOD!!!

Sanjeevi
5th December 2005, 03:49 PM
incomparable!

WHICH SONGS ? :roll:

dinesh2002
5th December 2005, 04:06 PM
incomparable!

WHICH SONGS ? :roll:

1. Mayilirage --- A Aa
2. Uyire --- Totti Jaya
3. Kathal Enbathu --- Oru Kallooriyin Kathai

m_23_bayarea
6th December 2005, 02:03 AM
Maybe they should have had Suttum Vizhi song for HJ...This song and Mayiliragae are my favorites this year...Both very romantic and mesmerizing !!

And BTW, HJ and YSR can't be compared either....HJ is a class higher, though not equal to the genius ARR !!

ARR will rock in SIVAJI !!

Sanjeevi
6th December 2005, 09:45 AM
HJ is running out of ideas. Repeated tunes and repeated music tells the true.

YSR is the real musician after IR, ARR. YSR is currently no. 1 amoung youngsters :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
6th December 2005, 09:47 AM

m_23_bayarea
6th December 2005, 10:22 AM
HJ is running out of ideas. Repeated tunes and repeated music tells the true.

YSR is the real musician after IR, ARR. YSR is currently no. 1 amoung youngsters :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi, I know you're a big fan of IR....Looks like you're a big fan of YSR too....But just look at this year alone, if not the past ... HJ had two blockbusters in ANNIYAN and GHAJINI....And both the songs and the BGM were rocking...And THOTTI JAYA, even though was not that big a hit, the songs were still hit....

Why hasn't YSR worked in such big movies yet? That itself explains who's more viable in the market...Add to that, HJ is the second highest paid MD after the MAN ARR himself.....So clearly, he's the second favorite MD of the Tamil movie industry now.....Shankar himself has shown that HJ is his 2nd choice. And we all know Shankar only prefers the best technicians for his movies ....

Maybe this is just my opinion...But HJ rocks !!!

ARR will rock in SIVAJI !!!

MrJudge
6th December 2005, 10:41 AM
[quote="m_23_bayarea"]Why hasn't YSR worked in such big movies yet? That itself explains who's more viable in the market...Add to that, HJ is the second highest paid MD after the MAN ARR himself.....So clearly, he's the second favorite MD of the Tamil movie industry now.....Shankar himself has shown that HJ is his 2nd choice. And we all know Shankar only prefers the best technicians for his movies ....
[quote]

I wish YSR does not go after big banners/directors. His real strength so far is, working with new young directors who come up with different themes/ideas. I want him to stay that way.

Regarding Shankar: Shankar has been running out of ideas and I don't think he will be as dominant as he was before in the coming months. So even if Shankar approaches ysr (that is 0.00001% possibility) to do a movie, he should opt out.

dinesh2002
6th December 2005, 10:59 AM
the truth fact here is... YSR makes a song hit WITHOUT big banners,actors with him.CHeck out Arindhum Ariyamalum,who is there for the movie to be a hit man? but YSR made the film a hit with his music,it shows his music power is really good here. where else in the other hand HJ,he alwiz gets a big banner,actors,dirs to make his songs popular. remember anniyan audio was a flop b4 the movie released and he needed the movie to popularised his songs.Ghajini goes that way too,the movie made the songs a hit.b4 that only AH Aah songs were ruling.ARR case is another,his songs when released it would be the biggest hit at that time,and when the film releases,it goes down. :roll:

and let me tell u 1 thing,shankar has LOST IT with anniyan coz he didint show his true skills ther & just repeated his previous films just to make sure he has a HIT. Mabby in Shivaji he will show his skill again coz he is relaxed he has a hit now. :wink:

Music4Ever
6th December 2005, 09:01 PM
What are you talking Dinesh? Kumari Sukumari is one of the best in recent times, acknowledged by almost all that I have talked with. The audience was as varied as Keralites, Sri Lankans, Tamilians, and even Maharashtrian. The moment that song is played everyone enjoys it thoroughly. The other songs were superb too. Anniyan is an unqualified success for Harris. No doubt about that.

vijayr
7th December 2005, 03:29 AM
Music4ever,Anniyan's audio sales didnt pick up until after the movie release and the songs were played repeatedly. Even HJ acknowledged and hoped that even though the responnse was lukewarm he expected the audio to pickup after the film release. Even on the web the popular opinion was that it was an underwhelming effort from HJ, nowhere near what ARR had given for Shankar before. Anyways I am not one to judge an album solely by its commercial success, but this is to just answer your point about the great response you are talking about. Personally, it was just an above average effort from HJ I thought. Anniyan's songs too reminded of several of HJ's and ARR's earlier numbers.

Music4Ever
7th December 2005, 07:34 AM
Vijayr, from a critic's point of view presumably, Anniyan songs may not be all that great. However, several day-to-day common folks seem to be enraptured by many of Anniyan's songs and these include non-tamil chaps, those who did not have access to the TV etc. There is something in songs such as Randakka randakka, and Kumari Sukumari which people are able to enjoy in the first hearing itself. I am not conjuring this up, just saying what I have observed even as recently as yesterday, when a guy who listened to the Kumari number the first time said that it is lovely. Maybe Shankar Mahadevan's voice but I think it is the whole package -- tune, orchestration, singing, not to forget the sound quality. Let me put it this way: I played both Kumari and Varaha nadhi karai oram one after the other. It is HJ's that people found more appealing. Indeed, I love varaha nadhi karai oram very much and expected that others would feel the same way. But the opinion was the other way. It might be because Kumari is a new and topical song while the other one is an old number.

dinesh2002
7th December 2005, 10:37 AM
may i know is those 'people' u let them hear varaga nadhi & kumari ? Hj fans? :lol: kumari is a new age kinda song whereelse Varaga nadhi is an old folk tamil song. in my case its different... during a show in our skool,they played anniyan songs...as u know the indians there played & all the non-indians started making noise... [which means they r insulting us tamil for our tamil soungs]...and then they took it out & played Boys...no 1 complained.... i was really shock tought they would also complain after knowing its a tamil song,but they just shook thier head & enjoyed it without making noises....

an album released 2 years ago sounds much much better than just an album released few months back.... this clearly shows what shankar missed in aniyan,let us take it this way,let Shivaji songs released,and u will know what is missing in anniyan,until then,enjoy anniyan ya... :)

actually kumari song is not bad....but i never thought it was that great as what u think...it fades off easily when u compare to its original version En Uyir Tozhiye - KKS

Music4Ever
7th December 2005, 10:32 PM
Dinesh, you are wrong. They wouldn't be able to tell ARR from HJ if you presented these two before them! I am just kidding, but the point is these are guys who don't look at the MD's name to judge a song. They just listen and if they like it they say so. Two of the guys love the girlfriend and ale ale songs in Boys (their favorite songs), one person loves ennavalE adi ennavaLe song, one person loves pudhu veLLai mazhai and vaseegara songs, and one person, being a Sinhalese, probably has no clue who is ARR and who is HJ. This last guy is absolutely crazy over the Kumari number in Anniyan. In fact, I have not heard a single person (from the general population, not listeners who post here) who talks disparagingly about Anniyan. I think we should give full credit to HJ for Anniyan, never mind whether the song became popular before or after the movie released. In this context, I must commend the visionary who posted when Anniyan album was released that the Kumari number has everything etc. I forget his nick here but if we look up the Anniyan thread, we will find his post (Anniyan review when it was released).

I am not comparing Anniyan with other Shankar-ARR albums. Anniyan is good by itself. Why should we compare?

sajy2k
7th December 2005, 10:32 PM
This is the exact FACTS

1. AR RAHMAN (No one to beat)
2. YUVAN SHANKAR RAJA (market increasing)
3 HARISH JEYARAJ (songs hit becos of copying and LUCK !!!)

m_23_bayarea
8th December 2005, 03:19 AM
I am not comparing Anniyan with other Shankar-ARR albums. Anniyan is good by itself. Why should we compare?

Exactly !!! Wow, I can't believe HJ has so much opposition in this forum .... I'm a crazy fan of ARR myself, but I've never thought of all the points abt HJ being mentioned here at all :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
8th December 2005, 08:46 AM
[tscii:493de7e3ee]
Dinesh, you are wrong. They wouldn't be able to tell ARR from HJ if you presented these two before them! I am just kidding, but the point is these are guys who don't look at the MD's name to judge a song. They just listen and if they like it they say so. Two of the guys love the girlfriend and ale ale songs in Boys (their favorite songs), one person loves ennavalE adi ennavaLe song, one person loves pudhu veLLai mazhai and vaseegara songs, and one person, being a Sinhalese, probably has no clue who is ARR and who is HJ. This last guy is absolutely crazy over the Kumari number in Anniyan. In fact, I have not heard a single person (from the general population, not listeners who post here) who talks disparagingly about Anniyan. I think we should give full credit to HJ for Anniyan, never mind whether the song became popular before or after the movie released. In this context, I must commend the visionary who posted when Anniyan album was released that the Kumari number has everything etc. I forget his nick here but if we look up the Anniyan thread, we will find his post (Anniyan review when it was released).

lol... :lol: thats my point too...my skool mates,have no idea who is arrahman or harris,but they enjoyed Boys more,the thing is,they r not INDIANS,they r malay & chinese man...imagine,a diff world from indian root... 8-) .... ofcource kumari is a good song,but i woundnt say its everything,its just Good... saying kumari is everything is like insulting tamil music has no quality man..(in a way its true,tamil music have droped way down nowdays) anywayz,not gonna debate on this more.just drop it & enjoy kumari song :lol: ill enjoy en uyir tozhiye :lol: here is a word from surya itself about : ghajini audio

The buzz is that Devi Sri Prasad’s songs are pretty lukewarm. Please comment?
When Ghajini audio released, the first reaction was pretty average. I am sure that after the release of Aaru the songs will become popular. Songs like Soda bottle…., Paarkathe… will be sure hits. The re-recording of the film is also another highlight of the film.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/interview.php?cid=2408

this is how harris formula works... :)

btw vsajy2k,i really agree on ur fact! but YSR not only have increasing market,his music is very very good,his manmadhan & 7G rainbow colony needs special mention...i loved manmadhan album the best...if he gets the right dir,he can provide great music. 8-) ARR will be back next year with many great projects in hand,esp looking foward for Jil endru oru kadhal,coz its a new dir,we can listen to a new ARR,and ofcource the old time shankar-arr.2006 will have quality songs once again... i hope illaiyaraja too will have lots of releases next year,then confirm 2006 - quality :D[/tscii:493de7e3ee]

Sanjeevi
8th December 2005, 04:53 PM
But just look at this year alone, if not the past ... HJ had two blockbusters in ANNIYAN and GHAJINI....And both the songs and the BGM were rocking...And THOTTI JAYA, even though was not that big a hit, the songs were still hit....
...But HJ rocks !!!

bayarea, I also liked 2 Ghajini songs (Suttm, Oru malai) but the rest are waste. Thotti Jeya is a hit album? Where are you? Don't post while dreaming. 8-) . Check the audio sales figure.

Simply listen the following two songs that shows who is HJ :lol:

1) Odakara marimuthu (indra)
2) Punnakku sonna (Arul)

dinesh2002
8th December 2005, 07:16 PM
Sanjeevi,lets go his way :P

1.Sonnalum - Kadhal Virus [2002]
2.Uyire Yen - Thotti Jeya [2005]

:lol:

btw,any news on YSR?? whats his next album man??

Music4Ever
8th December 2005, 11:38 PM
Dinesh, what I am saying is that we can enjoy some HJ songs without any comparison with ARR. Kumari is one such song, which is good by itself. It has traces of En uyir thozhiyE no doubt but only the really careful listeners (like you, me, Vijayr, or any other ARR fan) can really detect that and it is really only for a fleeting moment when Harini does her stuff. As an aside did you notice that the first interlude is dangerously close to the veena in a song from Samboorna Ramayanam (Malayil paadum ragam edhu? and then veena starts). All these little nitpicks should not detract from the wholesome goodness you feel when you listen to that HJ number.

I did not say that Kumari *is* everything in tamil music, just that it *has* everything (tune, orchestration, singing, and sound quality), an opinion given first by Kamarajc (?) in his review of Anniyan album. Why is it so difficult to praise a good effort? :)

vijayr
9th December 2005, 12:05 AM
Its not that I enjoyed Kumari less because it had some resemblance to an earlier ARR song. Overall the song didnt have enough freshness in it. Also it didnt have enough to back HJ's claim during its making that it was a "classical" number along with Iyengar veettu from which he derived immense satisfaction making Shankar and Hariharan sing those classical numbers.. Both songs werent even light classical in my opinion. They were just raga based, thats all. The song didnt have enough to interest me, especially when I have listened to such numbers several hundred times before including the interludes. I would say that they werent bad, thats all. I wouldnt go to the extent of praising them.
And as for the fast numbers from Anniyan they were clearly an earsore. Kaadhal yaanai and Nokia are some of the worst fast numbers I have heard, total lack of imagination with mechanized beats and nonsense words that are made to rhyme in every line. We have heard such numbers in the mid-90s itself. HJ lacks imagination in rhythm arrangement and he hasnt come up with a single convincing fast number so far. He scores mostly in the peppy love songs genre that he gets a chance to compose.
and Music4ever, comparison is something that happens sub-consciously even without the listener's knowledge. When you hear a song you can sense it whether it is mundane or not, if you have been exposed to TFM and are a regular listener. The database is inbuilt in your mind. You dont have to consciously compare it with an X or Y song from the past. And as much as you have heard Kamarajc or other friend of yours who praised the album, I read a lot of negative reviews from bloggers(some of whom are musicians) and I myself thought the album was so-so even before the movie's release. And myopinion hasnt changed even after the movie became a hit and the songs were played several hundred times on TV. Same with Chandramukhi. Chandramukhi is even worse because of the 2 lifts and the overall mediocrity of the compositions.

Music4Ever
9th December 2005, 12:57 AM
Vijayr, I fully understand your point of view. Even when I listened to Anniyan initially I thought what was so great about it etc. Yours and Dinesh's are the only two so-so reviews of Anniyan that I have heard (in mutual discussion, that is) so far. I am not saying this to cause any offence or something, only that I am reporting the actual data I have collected so far. Perhaps, as you have said, I have not been able to converse with enough number of people having the opposite view (the view which you and Dinesh have). What I think would be the case is that listeners with higher standards of listening (obtained through years of experience either listening to various tamil songs like in your case or listening closely to minute ARR-like sounds like Dinesh) may not rate Anniyan all that high while the casual everyday listener (especially youth) will rate it higher. And the mass demand is probably based on these casual youth listeners. Thanks for your response.

vijayr
9th December 2005, 02:30 AM
Music4ever, I remember the reviews being mixed at best here in TFMpage when Anniyan was released. Check out this thread. This is your own review from that thread :
http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=3137&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=90

"Harris Jeyaraj's music for Kaaka kaaka was much better than the one he has composed for Anniyan. In Anniyan he has not been able to do justice to the hype created by a Shankar movie. ARR, on the other hand, matched the hype for Boys with good music (i.e., music that suited the mood of the movie). Comparison with ARR is inevitable if you are HJ, and no KamarajC can prevent that by any means of pre-emptive writing"

Not only have you thought the album isnt worth the hype, you have even done the comparison yourself which you wanted Dinesh to avoid, in a response that differed from what Kamaraj wrote :-) Like I said earlier, repeated listenings on TV due to lack of options can make even those megaserial title songs humworthy. (actually most of them are, as compared to what Srikanthdeva and Dhina churn out)