PDA

View Full Version : KNM - Gajini - A AH

popeye11
17th August 2005, 07:38 PM
Just curious to know the public opinion which album is the best rated among the three.

Please do not make this thread bisaed and no bashing Please.

Please post your honest reviews on the Albums!

My vote Goes to Kanda Naal Mudhal followed by Gajini and A Ah.

What do you guys think?

MADDY
17th August 2005, 07:44 PM
my choice is Ah Aah....i think ARR fans seriously dun have time for Ghajini and KNM :D .........

popeye11
17th August 2005, 07:54 PM
guess that wud be same scenario with YSR and HJ fans.. Dude
It dunt matter whose fan you are
Just wanted to post happening views on the albums!

Set ARR, HJ and YSR aside and vote for the quality album (songs)

Thanks!

MADDY
17th August 2005, 07:55 PM
thnx for the advice sir.... :D

coucou
17th August 2005, 10:03 PM
ah aah yet!!
first we compare ah ahh with tj and okk but ah aah beat them
now ah aah with gajini and KNM
another victory for ah aah :lol:

Sanjeevi
17th August 2005, 10:18 PM
Hey what is this,

first ARR vs YSR vs HJ
then KNM vs Gajini vs A Ah

I am listening KNM, after that i will give answer :D

alias
18th August 2005, 01:34 AM
I dont think an album like Aa Ahah can be compared to any recently released album at all. Aa Aaha is definetly a winner.

2 Albums of YSR (KNM,OKK), 2 albums of HJ(Ghazini, TJ) cannot beat the great maestro album Aa Aaha. Let them bring any number of albums and Aa Aaha will be hard to beat

Nerd
18th August 2005, 02:02 AM
Ah aah hands down :clap:

only two songs in ghajini are in par with Ah aah and in KNM, just one song..

but suttum vizhi chudarae is arguably the second best song of these three albums combined, arguably (first being mayiliragaai) :)

Movies
18th August 2005, 03:40 AM
I dont think A Aa is anywhere near rahmans best,
But yeah its def better than the 2 HJ and YSR releases.....

aruvi
18th August 2005, 04:47 AM
Aa Aaah... ithu Rahman-aaaAh? Intha songs top songs-aa? Aaa-daa, Rahman fans taste kuranjutha, illa Rahmanukkathaan freshness vitupOcha?

Frankly, IR failed to be consistently impressive after the mid 1950's, likewise, ARR too has totally been going down the ladder of quality(musically). Roja venaam, oru Gentleman, oru May Madham or even oru Uyire is fine. But "Ah Aaah" can be the sound of a fan yelling in frustration at the quality of the album.

Coming to HJ and YSR, both are nowhere near ARR as far as talent and work is concerned.

MADDY
18th August 2005, 08:51 AM
Frankly, IR failed to be consistently impressive after the mid 1950's, likewise, ARR too has totally been going down the ladder of quality(musically).
Coming to HJ and YSR, both are nowhere near ARR as far as talent and work is concerned.

hey i never knew IR worked in 1950's...... :D ...i know it is a typos error.......chillax.....

hey aruvi, we,ARR fans also know that Ah Aah is not his best, but the most worrying fact is that Ah Aah is selling more than so-callled successors of ARR- YSR & HJ albums.......r they so weak that they cannot dislodge a greying/boring ARR??

Sanjeevi
18th August 2005, 09:45 AM
Frankly, IR failed to be consistently impressive after the mid 1950's, likewise, ARR too has totally been going down the ladder of quality(musically).

hey i never knew IR worked in 1950's...... :D ...i know it is a typos error.......chillax.....

hey aruvi, we,ARR fans also know that Ah Aah is not his best, but the most worrying fact is that Ah Aah is selling more than so-callled successors of ARR- YSR & HJ albums.......r they so weak that they cannot dislodge a greying/boring ARR??

In the style of Simbhu,

Muthala yaru first varrakirathu mukiyamilla. Lastla yaru first varrathuthan mukiyam. :lol:

MADDY
18th August 2005, 11:30 AM
but sanjeevi, y YSR loses hands down to ARR when a direct fight props up???? he is supposed to be more talented than ARR in BGMs and songs.....y doesent he sell more than ARR????

how many yrs will he take to come first????

dinesh2002
18th August 2005, 11:44 AM
Ah Aah wins..i wonder how many threads more for this tittle.. :roll:

please everyone be neutral when judging songs...plz!!! ARR fans or not...music is MUSIC!! it doesnt spell anyone's (mds) name along...i have took a small survey on these songs with my frens & relatives...

Mayiliragae gets 95 %!!....... most of them fall flat for the song....i dunno y...i didint know that song had that much power.... :wink:

Sanjeevi
18th August 2005, 12:29 PM
Mayiliragai is nice but the same time ARR has reassembled Sinehithanae as a intelligent. :lol:

MADDY
18th August 2005, 09:24 PM
sanjeevi, i never said those words....read carefully sanjeevi.....i never speak like that okkk :? .........go to that thread and see who told exactly that.....

aruvi
19th August 2005, 05:11 AM
Maddy,
It was a typo, as you intelligently figured out:-)

I meant to type mid 1990's. Why do you need to talk to me about figures? I just gave my opinions on quality of music. If we started to suggest that the yardstick to measure someone's talent or product quality is with commercial success, you are going to have to list some very untalented but lucky people. Includes those involved in films, music etc. As said, and as pointed out in reviews of most, Aa Aaah is painful to Rahman fans who are also good music fans. And good music to me, unfortunately, isn't necessarily something that I can blast on while driving.

baba88
20th August 2005, 03:49 PM
I have a question. Why don't you compare
Thotti Jeya - Kalluriyin Kadhai - Ah Aah ???

Why do you take the best of the two albums from YSR and HJ?
So we need post any replies to this topic.
If A.R.Rahman had two Albums then you can compare the first albums and the second albums with each other.
But you take A.R.Rahman Ah Aah that released 2 or 3 weeks before Gajini and Kandha Naal Mudhal.

dinesh2002
20th August 2005, 06:09 PM
BABA....trust me...ARR albums which released 11 years ago....(Kadhalan) is def much better than todays Anniyan or Ghazhini....ARR albums has freshness in them eventhough its 10 years old or 2 weeks old...bring it on guys!! :wink:

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 10:02 PM
I have a question. Why don't you compare
Thotti Jeya - Kalluriyin Kadhai - Ah Aah ???

Why do you take the best of the two albums from YSR and HJ?
So we need post any replies to this topic.
If A.R.Rahman had two Albums then you can compare the first albums and the second albums with each other.
But you take A.R.Rahman Ah Aah that released 2 or 3 weeks before Gajini and Kandha Naal Mudhal.

If you take this point of view, I go to another.

A Ah is a hit director's film (SJ Surya is famous), TJ has simbhu and Gajini has Surya and Murugadas. But KNM has only YSR and OKK is also on YSR with little Arya. How is it?

baba88
21st August 2005, 02:06 AM

A Ah is a hit director's film (SJ Surya is famous), TJ has simbhu and Gajini has Surya and Murugadas. But KNM has only YSR and OKK is also on YSR with little Arya. How is it?

Who said that OKK and KNM are Musical Hits ?
Do you have an official source ?

If you tell me that S.J.Suryah is the reason why Ah Aah Music is a Hit, then I can tell you that KNM has Laila's comeback and Prakshraj. OKK has Arya who is famous after Arindhum Ariyamalum and Ullam kettkume/Sonia Agarwal one of the best tamil actresses.

If you look, Ah Aah there are only two main Characters: Nila & S.J.Suryah.
S.J.Suryah is a famous direcotor but not a famous actor. Nila is a newcomer.

Sanjeevi
21st August 2005, 09:14 AM

Who said that OKK and KNM are Musical Hits ?
Do you have an official source ?

If you tell me that S.J.Suryah is the reason why Ah Aah Music is a Hit, then I can tell you that KNM has Laila's comeback and Prakshraj. OKK has Arya who is famous after Arindhum Ariyamalum and Ullam kettkume/Sonia Agarwal one of the best tamil actresses.

If you look, Ah Aah there are only two main Characters: Nila & S.J.Suryah.
S.J.Suryah is a famous direcotor but not a famous actor. Nila is a newcomer.

Can you rate about expectations of these five films?

arsaregama
21st August 2005, 09:22 AM
mistaken! thottijeya gains popularity not bcause of simbu alone its bcoz of durai who's mugavari and kadhalsadugudu had decent songs .
Ghajini has a.r.murugados.but anyways dheena's songs are bter than ghajini's songs.
ah aah cant be another milestone like rhythm r alaipayuthe or sangamam but can be a good album for every listenerwho dislikes the manmatha rasa and pottu thakku songs.
tell harris r yuvan to come one on one not two on one well even then we have a super missile called godfather .

check out rameshkanna's chat in galatta .he says godfather music is awesome and a.r.rahman kicks off gr8.

MrJudge
21st August 2005, 11:52 AM
tell harris r yuvan to come one on one not two on one well even then we have a super missile called godfather .

Nobody stopping him to release two albums consecutively. He takes one and half years to complete an album, intha lattchanaththila eppadi two albums release panrathu? He must be busy with international projects :lol:

arsaregama
21st August 2005, 01:08 PM
plz remember daas . was it gud .remeber yuvan is on a rate of going into the top spot copying composers in itwofs.com.well if u need good songs u have to wait

alias
22nd August 2005, 09:30 PM
Judge, He is busy with his international project and instead of laughing for this statement, you should be proud. When IR or in future YSR does that, you would shouting all across the forum but when he does that, you do not give him little credit. That is really mean. ANd KNM is a flop album. So dont go promoting like you did for OKK. Because all expection for YSR is hanging on to Pudupattai not just for YSR music but from SelvaRagavan who can extract good from YSR. So it will be Selvaragavan musical and not YSR musical :-)

Arjuna
23rd August 2005, 02:00 AM
Guys forget the war - Be proud of our captain's achievement

Our Captain has been featured in the TIMES magazine cover ;)

Check my blog : http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com

MrJudge
23rd August 2005, 07:35 AM
Judge, He is busy with his international project and instead of laughing for this statement, you should be proud. When IR or in future YSR does that, you would shouting all across the forum but when he does that, you do not give him little credit. That is really mean. ANd KNM is a flop album. So dont go promoting like you did for OKK. Because all expection for YSR is hanging on to Pudupattai not just for YSR music but from SelvaRagavan who can extract good from YSR. So it will be Selvaragavan musical and not YSR musical :-)

I did not want to reply you alias, but rrrh.... why should I be proud? He does it for his living man. And I very well know how our guys will get international fame and what level they can achieve..take my word, never ever an indian cinema md's name will be a household name in western countries. You can get into a group of people (to a very limited extent), that's pretty much it. Even if YSR/IR gets international fame, I will not feel proud instead I will feel happy.

" ANd KNM is a flop album. "

hahhaa.......keep dreaming. Your god will deliver thundus for AAh, GF soon man, just wait and watch!

alias
23rd August 2005, 07:14 PM
I dont know whether you are Tamilian or first of all an Indian. Yes everyone is doing it for living whether it is Abdul Kalam, Sachin, ARR or Sania Mirza, but they are making Indian proud and ARR case he is making Indian and in particular Tamilian proud. But because of your ego, you hate to admit the works of ARR.

njv
24th August 2005, 03:41 PM
All the 3 albums are average only, but Aa Aah definitely has some freshness and something new than any of ARR's old songs.

Gajni is an absolute life of various ARR songs
KNM - good album, but resembles many other songs again. Kanda Naal mudhal is a fusion type with beat lifted from "Sakalaka baby"

ARR wins this race.

baba88
26th August 2005, 01:12 AM
Kandha Naal Mudhal from Kandha Naal Mudhal

is a complete copy of

Alaipayuthe from Alaipayuthe

!!!

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 08:16 AM
Kandha Naal Mudhal from Kandha Naal Mudhal

is a complete copy of

Alaipayuthe from Alaipayuthe

!!!

Babaji...u do know that Alaipayuthey Kanna,yen manam alaipayuthey is a classical compostion long long time back....ARR just used the same lyric & tune but with modern beats...

MusicIsLife
26th August 2005, 10:40 AM
Alaipayuthey kanna is a classical composition by OOTHAKADU and this is sung by many a carnatic stalwarts in the same raaga.
Can you believe this, there was no SINDHU BHAIRAVI raag song in Sindhu Bhairavi.. but IR has used the same raag now for the Fazil movie.. Kaatril song.

So it is not a copy, but using the raag.

baba88
26th August 2005, 02:26 PM
I know that Alaipayuthe is an old song.
But lookat Kandha Naal Mudhal song. It's the same idea.
First it sounds like an old song then YSR uses modern beats like ARR in Alaipayuthe.

coucou
26th August 2005, 03:09 PM
http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp

ah aah beat knm and gajini!!!

alias
26th August 2005, 07:13 PM
cocou, I wont believe Raaga. Look at the hindi countdown, Rising is at No. 5 yesterday adn today at 4 and Aashiq Baneya apane is No. 1.. What a sodapal :-)

sloshed
26th August 2005, 08:37 PM
Cocou

I can see your enthu at its forte.... but I think its a mistake on Raaga's part becos they have clearly stated on their tamil home page that Ghajni takes the cake above A AH....

well for much for your enthu.. :-(

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 09:43 PM
[tscii:f06d8328a7]

10 Yar Yaro
Singer(s): SP. Balasubramaniam
Music: Imman
Album: Chinna

9 Priyasakhi
Singer(s): Srinivas, Anuradha Sriram,
Music: Bharathwaj
Album: Priyasakhi

8 Vennila…
Singer(s): Cicily, Harish Raghavendra
Music: Vidyasagar
Album: Ponniyin Selvan

7 Khajiraho
Singer(s): Hariharan, Shreya Ghoshal
Music: Illayaraja
Album: Oru Naal Oru Kanavu

6 Kadhal Enbathu
Singer(s): Chinmayi, Harish Raghavendra
Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Album: Oru Kalloriyin Kadhai

5 Uyire En Uyire
Singer(s): Anuradha Sriram, Bombay Jayashree, Karthik
Music: Harris Jayaraj
Album: Totti Jaya

4 Nalla Vaazhvu
Singer(s): Karthik, Manjari
Music: Illayaraja
Album: Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy

3 Pani Thuli
Singer(s): Kay Kay, Shreya Ghoshal, Thanvi
Music: Yuvan Shankar Raja
Album: Kanda Naal Mudhal

2 Oru Maalai
Singer(s): Karthik
Music: Harris Jayaraj
Album: Ghajini

1 Anbe Aaruyire…
Singer(s): AR. Rahman
Music: AR. Rehman
Album: Ah Aah

http://www.raaga.com/channels/tamil/top10.asp[/tscii:f06d8328a7]

MumbaiRamki
27th August 2005, 12:59 AM
njv ,
I feel Kanda Naal Muthaal and A ..Ah are damn good ..though aa ..aah scores better due to the freshness ,esp the song thazvuthu song is a superb blend!!!

Gajni la 2 songs are very good ...

Kumanan
27th August 2005, 04:51 AM
Mumbai,

You are not running IndiaGlitz, Are you?! :wave:

slperson1
27th August 2005, 10:16 AM
gajini trailor out at www.nowrunning.com
or u can download it at
www.dragonz-prs.com

slperson1
27th August 2005, 10:29 AM
gajini is a 100% rip off an english movie.
momento is the name of the english movie
murugadas lol hahaha in the trailor itself u find out its a direct copy.now it makes sense why he said he took this like a hollywood film....BECUZ HE STOLE IT FROM HOLLYWOOD.and all those times he said it was original sigh....hes gonna get it once the movie releases that its a copy even if it does well.his reputation will suffer.

HAHAHA they stole BGM TOOOO!!!
after the first song finishes in the trailor if u listen u will hear a direct lift of the bgm from PIRATES of the caribbean the last battle!

Sanjeevi
29th August 2005, 10:11 PM
Yes

Thazhuthu with my fav. shreya ... amazing....

It tells that who is ARR :D

njv
30th August 2005, 02:34 AM
gajini is a 100% rip off an english movie.
momento is the name of the english movie
murugadas lol hahaha in the trailor itself u find out its a direct copy.now it makes sense why he said he took this like a hollywood film....BECUZ HE STOLE IT FROM HOLLYWOOD.and all those times he said it was original sigh....hes gonna get it once the movie releases that its a copy even if it does well.his reputation will suffer.

HAHAHA they stole BGM TOOOO!!!
after the first song finishes in the trailor if u listen u will hear a direct lift of the bgm from PIRATES of the caribbean the last battle!

HJ stealing BGM is nothing new.

Murugadas stealing Momento is not surprsing. Atleast he could have made the tatoo in Tamil. - Thamiz Vaazga!!!

Sanjeevi
8th September 2005, 07:38 PM
Listened 3 times Ghajini songs. Yet another album from HJ. Ullam ketkumae is little better than or Ghajini. Old tunes and same music.

MADDY
16th September 2005, 12:33 PM
listened to oru maalai song from ghajini, it was a gud song.....honestly dont u guys think it was similar to "ennai koncham maatri- kakka kakka","Mudhal mudhalai- leysa leysa" and "Kathalikkum aasai-chellame"....all these songs sound so similar...HJ is very repititive.......he has to change his sound a bit.....

sureshmehcnit
30th September 2005, 10:50 AM
Ghajini movie review

http://ursmusically.blogspot.com/2005/09/ghajini-review.html

karthik_sa2
15th October 2005, 12:48 AM
kanda naal mudhal songs r really good.gajini as usual hj copied from arr suttum vizhi suddare is resembling malarodu malaradha song from bombayvery much.aahaa is also great esspecially maiyiliragae song

buvana
30th October 2005, 01:54 PM
kanda naal mudhal songs r really good.gajini as usual hj copied from arr suttum vizhi suddare is resembling malarodu malaradha song from bombayvery much.aahaa is also great esspecially maiyiliragae song

A Aahhh ... is not so great except Mayilirage...and that too with Madushree singing Mayilirahaaii... for Mayiliragaai... and yes, ARR nowadays seems does not have any option except Sadhana and Madushree... when she sings `tamilzhaa... it is heard more like tamilaaa... extremely nasalite.. Suttum Vizhi is definitely better than Mayilirage... the stanzas are melodious..

dinesh2002
30th October 2005, 05:16 PM

A Aahhh ... is not so great except Mayilirage...and that too with Madushree singing Mayilirahaaii... for Mayiliragaai... and yes, ARR nowadays seems does not have any option except Sadhana and Madushree... when she sings `tamilzhaa... it is heard more like tamilaaa... extremely nasalite.. Suttum Vizhi is definitely better than Mayilirage... the stanzas are melodious..

buvana,if Sutrum vizhi is great for u,listen to its original version Kismat Se Tum - Pukar.... if ur Hj fan,u would say sutrum is better,if ur neutral.....then kismat se tumwould be massive blow for u..incase anyone here doesnt know what is kismat se tum - pukar,i would recomend u to listen to it!

y ARR is going for madhushree & sadhana is becoz of simple reason,none of southern singers has that sharp & mesmerising voice.....buvana,if Mayilirahai & Tamila is nasalite to u,listen to 12b's Sariya thavara......PERFECT TAMIL PRONOUNSATION! :lol:

buvana
30th October 2005, 07:33 PM
I definitely agree that seriya thavaraa is just one of the worst pronounciations, but after knowing that Sandai kozhi (A. Ezhuthu) her diction is not ok.. Sadhana voice is mesmerising but some words make u think ayyo why she sang..I studied in Mumbai, have a track of all hindi songs including ARRs .. but comparing to mayilirage and suttum.. the ragam in suttum and the melody makes me vote for that...

MADDY
30th October 2005, 11:23 PM
but comparing to mayilirage and suttum.. the ragam in suttum and the melody makes me vote for that...

but tell me one thing HJ fans dunt u think all HJ songs seem to be repetitive here...."Oru maalai" was so similar to "ennai koncham maatri- kakka kakka","Mudhal mudhalai- leysa leysa" and "Kathalikkum aasai-chellame"......he doesent even to bothers to change the sounds.....

and dinesh, u think HJ can even give 40% of "Kismat se tum humko mile-Pukar"?????never......kismat se tum is the best song for sonu nigam till date.....

I studied in Mumbai

cool......where did u study????and are u still in Mumbai now??

Jacky
31st October 2005, 01:20 AM
[tscii:9bdc4b7c2e]I didn't find many similarities between Suttrum and Kismat se. Just going by the feel, Suttrum vizhi is better than Mayilaragey. I have heard the nayanam sounds in Mayilaragey in a few marriages – it's quite a common note and similarly some of interludes used in Suttrum vizhi are recycled from Chennai senthamizh yet HJ's song has more soul from the lyrics and Sriram Parthasarathy's rendering.[/tscii:9bdc4b7c2e]

buvana
31st October 2005, 10:13 AM
Yes Maddy, I studied in Bhavans college, did post grad from Mumbai Univ and and present teaching in one of the primary schools in Singapore.. u are from which part of Mumbai.. I am from Andheri

buvana
31st October 2005, 10:19 AM
Dinesh, not only Seriya thavaraa.. but even Jyoti Nerenjava.. (Sukhvinder Singh) 12 B also sounds wierd just because of the pronounciation.. HJs many songs like 20 vayadil.. jaari singari... thotta power etc. i dont like. I feel right pronounciation helps the singer to pour proper emotion into the song.. .. If u see uyirin uyire.. (Kaaka), the way KK rendered it and the backing vocals by timmy and others.. (contd)

buvana
31st October 2005, 10:22 AM
the emotions were rightly poured out of these voices .. even Surya on the screen did not show that expected emotion of separation.. it was more explicit in voices like KK Timmy Melwyn and other backing vocal artists... I feel proper diction is compulsory..

dinesh2002
31st October 2005, 11:18 AM
yes buhavana,im not saying diction is not imp,but u know a voice to suit the music is def more imp as u know....imagine sandhai kozhi or maiyilirage is sung by our southern singers....it will be nice...but not perfect like madhushre's,i noticed she doesnt bother to upgrade her tamil diction in rahman's song but in vidhaysagar's she gave her best : Ding Dong - JI... y surya can give his expression right for kaake2 or ghajini is becoz his fav Md is harris....he is gona face big problem next year as 3 of his future films r all by ARR :lol:

maddy....ur so right....ur def rite on hj cant give a song like Kismat Se tum - Pukar.... what a song is that.....mesmerising ....brings me to heaven straight away..... ARR is alwiz ARR 8-)...the best part i duno a single word of hindi....and yet the song makes me feel the meaning tru the music..... same with Ishwar Allah - 1947 Earth.... if u can throw some lights on what Ishwar Allah's song translation is about it would be great!! :D

buvana
31st October 2005, 07:13 PM
ARR could have given chance to Gopika Purnima / Harini / Chitra... Unni Krishnan and Hariharan are best again, the lyrics come from within as in songs like uyire (bombay), cinderalla (KK sei) Roja Roja song of K.Dhinam, Ennavale (Kadalan) and many more songs... whereas if you dont know the meaning of the lyrics, the singer is always conscious of shruti, layam and thaalam and in the process the `bhaavam' is left out.. enna Dinesh.. seriyaa...

buvana
31st October 2005, 07:18 PM
As far as Surya is concerned.. i feel he can act only on subjects like perazhagan (physically disable) or ghajini (mentally affected).. otherwise he does not express properly.. i know this is not the thread for that topic, but whilst on the subject i thought is should write.. dance movements resemble exercising in the Community / Joggers Park... whoever may be the MD for his film..