PDA

View Full Version : Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy music release

coucou
18th August 2005, 02:35 PM
'Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy' music release

The invitation for the music release is in such pure Tamil, that maybe Thankar Bachchan will get mad if we refer to it as a mere cassette release function!

Yesterday saw the release of the 'Chidambarathil Oru Appasamy' music release at the Film Chamber Theatre, Chennai. To the auspicious sounds of melam and thalam, Thankar brought the Cds and cassettes in a basket to the stage.

Starting the function with therukoothu, the cassette was released by Bharathi Raja and accepted by Balu Mahendra. In the formalities that followed, praises were heaped upon Thankar by producers Thyagarajan, Parthiban and Seeman to such an extent, that Thankar must have spent a sleepless night.

Here are some one liners from the VIPs...

"As one who has not forgotten his homeland, his Tamil people and Tamil culture, Thankar Bachchan deserves a gold chain," praised Bharathi Raja.

"Thankar and I belong to the same caste - we are both cameramen. I express displeasure by silence, he by words," said Balu Mahendra

"Like Kamal, Thankar Bachchan takes a good idea and portrays it well. People say Thankar Bachchan talks a lot about cinema and cinema folks. If he does not speak, who else will?" gushed Seeman.

"Like the jackfruit, Thankar Bachchan is prickly on the outside, but sweet on the inside. Like Jayakanthan is great in literature, Thankar Bachchan is great in direction," said Parthiban.

Thankar Bachchan goes out after cinema people's blood even on an ordinary occasion. Now that the cinema greats have complimented him, will he keep quiet? The 'Oli Oviyar' spoke with eloquent anger about the hard time he had in making the film.

At the end of the function, a typical village fare of kayzhviragu adai, kozhukattai, vadai, panankarkandu milk and so on were offered to the VIPs by Thankar.

TRACK LISTING:

Nalla Vaazhvu
Karthik, Manjari

Iyya enna
Tippu, Manjari

Pudhusa Nenachikittu
Tippu, Ranjith

Ponnaa Porandha
Tippu, Manjari

Anaithu Vidungal
Febi, Ranjith, Naveen

jaiganes
18th August 2005, 04:01 PM
febi in IR's album? interesting...

Shankar
18th August 2005, 05:35 PM
TB speaks more than he should....Azhagi seems to be an aberration, every other movie of his were junk...I hope this movie flops big time.

alwarpet_andavan
18th August 2005, 06:15 PM
TB speaks more than he should....Azhagi seems to be an aberration, every other movie of his were junk...I hope this movie flops big time.
:) neenga solla marandha kadhai, thendral paathu romba baadhikka patrukkeenga pola irukku!

Shankar
19th August 2005, 09:52 AM
yep :-)....solla marandha kadhai, en poRumayai sOdicha padam...Azhagi pAthuttu, "idhu padam illai 'poetry in celluloid' nu friends kitta reviews kuduthuttu, SMK pOi pAthEn"...seruppAla adicha mAdhiri irundudhu :-(

cheran couldn't act...and the story itself was quite vague..and TB for all his talks, had a done a very bad job as a director...

thenral - I had learnt my lessons :-)...TB yE thAnga mudiyalai, avar kooda indha 'pseudo intellect' pArthiban sErndha thAngumA...andha pakkamE thirumbalai :-)

njv
19th August 2005, 10:19 AM
Nalla Vaazhvu - started very well but pallavi is not great. Feel like some religious song that I have heard before. not sure which one. charanam is definitely a good melody.

Iyaa Enna - Situational song. Lot like a seductive song that you will find in Bhagyaraj movie. Nothing great.

Iyaa Enna - Another Situational song. Tippu tried like SPB. Fast and peppy one. Resembles previous IR-Rajni song.

Ponna Porantha - Situational, sad song. With the movie this will make you cry.

Anaithu Vidungal - WOW.

Overall - a average album from IR. Anaithu Vidungal is a surprise.

Shankar
19th August 2005, 12:26 PM
anaithu vidungal sounds very KR ish...The album is no great shakes.

yvsmani
19th August 2005, 12:57 PM
Shankar :
i disagree with u. (of course, opinion differs)
thendral padaththin oovoru sceneum rasiththu paarththen like I saw azhaghi. irandumae TBin nalla padangal thaan. azhaghi padathirkku IR score evvalavu arumaiyagha irunthatho, thendral padathirkku VS score nandragha irunthathu, especally Shreya goshal songs and Uma vin nadippu was excellent compared to parthiban. azhagiyum parthiban thaanae, avar thendralil mattum nadikkavillaiyae...

alias
24th August 2005, 01:42 AM
Man, this is one of the worst album in recent times. I think IR has defintly taken revenge on Thankar Bachan by composing crap.

Have you guys heard the recent released album of IR called "My Journey to Italy" and it is live show and IR HAS SPOKEN IN ENGLISH AND IT IS REALLY FUNNY BUT HE HAS DONE GOOD JOB .........THE Songs are mind blowing and some of them are like Aasai Kadithule thodu vidhu, elangathhu visudhey and others.

Defintely worth a buy IMO.

inetk
24th August 2005, 10:58 AM
COA. 100 words.
http://www.milliblog.blogspot.com/

Karthik

interz
25th August 2005, 04:11 PM
songs sounds just okay, but why does IR keep using tippu so much in his songs now adays???

app_engine
30th August 2005, 11:37 PM
http://www.dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=206590&disdate=8/30/2005

indha AL paduRa pAttappArungO...

alias
31st August 2005, 12:09 AM
Look at the clip.. look like Thangar Bachan is held captive in Abu Gharib prison and Vijay Kanth and Sarath kumar are American Soldiers :lol: Edhu Thangarku thevaaiya... Azhegee madiri oru picture pannoma... Sila movies ku cinematography panni ozhunga vazgai nadhuthi erukalam ana ellai he wants to beat Thol Thirumalan in the hate list :-)

njv
31st August 2005, 02:07 AM
Man, I saw this in Sun TV news. Its a shame on TB as well as the rest of the people. The way they walked him to the mic is as if he is Saddam in US court. Its a shame. Probably TB deserve to be treated that way for what he said.

Saagar
1st September 2005, 12:30 PM
Happened to see the trailor on Sun TV yesterday. On one look it looks like the movie is a remake of the Malayalam film "Chinthavishtayaya Shyamala" by Srinivasan (Story, Sc play Dir & Hero), which one many State awards, including one for the heroine Sangeetha. It was a beutiful movie, sometime in 2000.

A coincidence is that the audio cassette for that movie (that had two songs ) was shared by IR's "Kallukondoru pennu" for which IR got the state award that year for BGM

I do not know if Thangar has revealed that his movie is a remake.

Shankar
2nd September 2005, 10:32 AM
That boisterous fellow would never admit its a copy...Kumudam/AV would expose him

prashanth12
3rd September 2005, 02:41 AM
I like the song Nalla Vaazhu.

Sanjeevi
12th September 2005, 01:09 PM
I am listening COA songs.

I like Poona porantha and Nalla Vazhvu songs. IR is only person to give such type of songs melting us.

Kupps
12th September 2005, 07:08 PM
Man, I saw this in Sun TV news. Its a shame on TB as well as the rest of the people. The way they walked him to the mic is as if he is Saddam in US court. Its a shame. Probably TB deserve to be treated that way for what he said.

What?? Are these people out of mind or what. Why the heck TB's apology be telecasted by a news channel?

Perhaps TB owed this kind of apology to those actors but telecasting in TV and all is too much.

Just because TB pledges his allegiance to one political party and just because that political party is becoming thorn in the flesh for another party, this another party cannot go on and do whatever it would like to do. There should be some limitation to politicising of everything (this statement is common to all political parties).

This shows things in very bad taste and lights the sad screwed up state of politicisation of each and everything in TN.

God save TN.

njv
13th September 2005, 05:17 AM

What?? Are these people out of mind or what. Why the heck TB's apology be telecasted by a news channel?

Perhaps TB owed this kind of apology to those actors but telecasting in TV and all is too much.

Just because TB pledges his allegiance to one political party and just because that political party is becoming thorn in the flesh for another party, this another party cannot go on and do whatever it would like to do. There should be some limitation to politicising of everything (this statement is common to all political parties).

This shows things in very bad taste and lights the sad screwed up state of politicisation of each and everything in TN.

God save TN.

Its more of Vijayakanth who wanted to have someone to fall on his feed before his political entry! Its really shame though.

MADDY
13th September 2005, 08:10 AM
<<Disgression>>
it is interesting to note that Thankar had described IR as the only MD in Tfm today with all others as crap obviously referring to ARR....today he had to FALL AT THE FEET OF HEROINES......dig a hole and jump into it, Thankar........

the list of ppl. who have sank w/o a trace after badmouthin ARR:
1.T.siva(producer of rasaiyya)
2.Subbudu
3.Rajkiran
4.Kasthuri Raja(rebirth, cos of his sons)
5.TB
6.Ismail Darbar & Kamal very soon will join the list.......

it feels like god when ur smile can cause such effect on ppl. who badmouth u.........
<<End Disgression>>

MrJudge
13th September 2005, 10:04 AM
<<Disgression>>

It is interesting to note that Thankar had described IR as the only MD in Tfm today with all others as crap obviously referring to ARR...

Oh man, here you go again. You can decide who he is refering to. It is upto the fans of other mds. Some VS fans think he is referring VS, HJ fans think their fav. md and so on.. arr is not equal to whole tfm mds, if you think otherwise, it is not his problem.

the list of ppl. who have sank w/o a trace after badmouthin ARR:
1.T.siva(producer of rasaiyya)

Even without badmouthing arr, he will go unnoticed. :)

2.Subbudu

I think he is still around but due to age factor, he is not involved that much nowadays(??)

3.Rajkiran

Same as T siva. what did Rajkiran say about arr? and when?

4.Kasthuri Raja(rebirth, cos of his sons)

for some reason, he is still around according to you, so he shouldn't be in your list then.

5.TB

This guy will stay. Even if he doesn't direct films, he has couple of other jobs in hand. He can work as cinematographer (working with Gnanasekar, his output is impressive), and write some literary stuff ('onbathu roobai nottu' is a good work)

No comments about ID. Kamal will stay in the industry in some form till his last breath.

it feels like god when ur smile can cause such effect on ppl. who badmouth u.........

But one thing my friend, arr will go without trace soon, the end is nearing...:)
<<End Disgression>>

MADDY
13th September 2005, 11:18 AM
we all know who u IR fans criticise...its ARR and no body else, thankar is no different........he is also a typical IR fan......

keep dreaming nattamai abt ARR's end, our Yahoo groups had 3,000 odd members when i joined in 2002...now it is 7000+.......i dunt know how ARR is sinking.....well who sinks, who wins, god will decide & not a pattikaatu nattamai.......

mr_karthik
13th September 2005, 12:05 PM
Mr. Kupps. Andha (thanker bachan) matter Sun TVyil mattumalla, ella media, newspaper, internet magazines ellaathilum vandhathu. Idhuku pOyi Sun TVyai mattum thappu solvathu yen?.

Appadi pattavar, nadigai gaLai pathi commnet pannum munar yOsithiruka veNdum.

Allathu, romba roshamullavarAga irundhAl, orEy pidivAdhamAga ninRu mannippu ketkAmal irukka vENdum. Rendaiyum senjuttu ippo media mEl thappu sonnAl yeppadi?.

VijayakAnthin 'katta-panchAyathukku' ivar udan pattathu yEn?.

MediakkaL eppOthum para parappAna news kidaikumAnnuthAn pArpAnga. adhukku idam koduthathu TB yin thavaRu.

MrJudge
13th September 2005, 05:02 PM
we all know who u IR fans criticise...its ARR and no body else, thankar is no different........he is also a typical IR fan......

Yes, MADDY. It is upto you to decide.

well who sinks, who wins, god will decide & not a pattikaatu nattamai.......

If that is the case, why in the first place you say Kamal will sink? Let the god do its duty! You just watch and don't give pointers to him please ;)

njv
13th September 2005, 05:21 PM

No comments about ID. Kamal will stay in the industry in some form till his last breath.

KH is larger than ARR or anyone else in the indian movie industry now. I dont expect Kamal to disappear even after his death. He is a Legend.

MADDY
14th September 2005, 02:02 AM
njv, r u jokin???SRK is the most popular indian on the globe.....he is more popular than Sachin,vajpayee,manmohan singh and ash......so calling Kamal as the most popular artiste in Indian movie industry is stretching it too far.......even in case of ARR, he has more rave reviews from the west for his music than kamal's acting......

prashanth12
14th September 2005, 07:42 AM

Is there a place on this forum where people who like both IR & ARR can go to compare and discuss the music of their two favourite MDs?

Shankar
14th September 2005, 10:43 AM
>>>>>>>>>>>>>
njv, r u jokin???SRK is the most popular indian on the globe....
<<<<<<<<<<<<<

Dawood Ibrahim is more popular than G D Naidu...Does it mean GD is inferior ?? Popularity is NOT everything (that's probably why I am in Raja's camp and you are in arr's :-) )

Who cares about srk's popularity ?? Give me one movie he has *acted* !! Kamal's sick movies like "pEr sollum piLLai", "alAvudeeenum arpudha viLakkum" had kamal performing better than that stuttering dud.

mr_karthik
14th September 2005, 11:46 AM
njv, r u jokin???SRK is the most popular indian on the globe.....he is more popular than Sachin,vajpayee,manmohan singh and ash......so calling Kamal as the most popular artiste in Indian movie industry is stretching it too far.......even in case of ARR, he has more rave reviews from the west for his music than kamal's acting......

Mr. Maddy.

SRK's fame is a seasonal, whereas Kamal's is a permenent. Do you remember, once (in a particular period) Prabhu Deva was getting more salary than Kamal (even highest salary in Indian actors at that time).

Can you Please tell where is Prabhu Deva now??.

MADDY
14th September 2005, 02:38 PM
mr_karthik, SRK has been there for 13 yrs now.....i dunt know how u can classify it as seasonal.........kamal,Maniratnam,ARR and many other south indian artistes have acknowledged his gr8ness and worked with him....infact kamal was more than happy to put SRK in hey ram......

shankar, i know popularity is not evrything....but when njv told that kamal is the most popular artiste in Indian movie industry , i had a objection to it...if he had called him the best actor then it is something else....

prasanth12, there is no such place.....and after studying IR and ARR fans for 13 yrs, i think there cannot be a person who wud like ARR and IR the same level......its just we can tolerate and like some of IR's compositions and IR fans also can appreciate ARR once in a blue moon day but there can be no one in this world who can be a fan of both IR and ARR and do justice to their fanatism for both.......

i think we need to start a new thread for this- can there be a IR & ARR fan inside one person??? if u guys want we will start one....

alwarpet_andavan
14th September 2005, 06:41 PM
Maddy,
From the time Roja was released and till the mid-90s i was a staunch ARR fan and at that time i used to think IR's music had no relevance then. Its only after i realized the fact that it was i who was missing IR's music and not the other way round did i "reconvert" (:)). Even today, whenever i listen to some of IR's old gems, i discover something new which i might have missed at the time the song/movie was released maybe because i was too young then....
Moreover, you don't need to dislike one MD's composition inorder to like another's. I love the music of both IR and ARR but i happen to grade IR higher. Its akin to the way some schools eliminate the ranking system and introduce "grades" :) Similarly there might be 'n' number of people (like my brother) who like IR's music but when it comes to their top preference, they choose ARR.
There's no mutual exclusiveness here, at least not for me.......

njv
14th September 2005, 09:34 PM
but when njv told that kamal is the most popular artiste in Indian movie industry ,

I am not talking about popularity here. I am talking about a legend who is in the industry since he was 4 years old, seen many faces of the movie industry and non one in the current indian movie has seen and know what KH knows. Even when Amir Khan came to Bangalore, they called him "Kamal of North". I dont think Kamal ever said anything bad about aRR and if he did, I dont think they will work again in Thenali and again in Dasavatharam [I HAVE AN EXCLUSIVE PICTURE OF KAMAL, ARR, KSR AND CRAZY DURING DASAVATHARAM DISCUSSION!!!]

i think we need to start a new thread for this- can there be a IR & ARR fan inside one person??? if u guys want we will start one....
Very interesting topic. Its hard to find someone who likes both their music [someone can be nuetral, meaning they dont have like or dislike, but it is hard to find a crazy fan who runs to the shop and buy ONOK and AahAah on the first day].

I think this topic, will certainly bring the best out of IR and ARR from fans point of view. I am all set for this thread!

prashanth12
15th September 2005, 03:20 AM
prasanth12, there is no such place.....and after studying IR and ARR fans for 13 yrs, i think there cannot be a person who wud like ARR and IR the same level......its just we can tolerate and like some of IR's compositions and IR fans also can appreciate ARR once in a blue moon day but there can be no one in this world who can be a fan of both IR and ARR and do justice to their fanatism for both.......

It's not true. Of course, when you compare two people one must emerge as your favourite, which is why I so often defend IR, but the truth is they are my two favourite mds. IR has given me many of my favourites, but a ton of my favourite songs are from ARR too. I simply appreciate them in different ways, but I like them both. Somebody should make that thread.

rajasaranam
15th September 2005, 08:55 AM
Hmmm interesting though i cant think of anyone else except 'SureshMehcnit' who reviews both ARR's and IR's album unbiased. May be He is the only fan of both MD's ;)

Sanjeevi
15th September 2005, 09:08 AM
The most difficult thing in the world for a person is none other than keeping his neutral always :D

rajdes
15th September 2005, 01:24 PM
maddy, yes there can be a decent tolerant IR-ARR fan with equal passion for both. One example is Srikanth Devarajan, an amateur MD who used to be active in this forum long ago.
In any case, there are scores of people who valuate music as music and evaluate based on its inherent quality(quality definition might be theirs) without looking at it as IR or ARR product. Many people in this forum can be bracketed in this category. So, basically, we have two categories :
1. Fan of both
2. Not particularly fan of anyone, so not particularly against (or only tolerant) of IR/ARR.

It is only a few who vent their personal preferences and hates as ultimate truth and fight with anyone disagreeing. If you need validation from another person for your preferences, you will wait until old age for that.

There is no need for a spearate thesis for this :-)

njv
15th September 2005, 07:55 PM
maddy, yes there can be a decent tolerant IR-ARR fan with equal passion for both. One example is Srikanth Devarajan, an amateur MD who used to be active in this forum long ago.

Not amateur anymore. his first album Mahakavi was very good and recently he released H1Bees and the album is pretty good.

Sanjeevi
25th September 2005, 04:05 PM
My review on COA film

http://sanjeeviview.blogspot.com/2005/09/blog-post.html :thumbsup:

and

http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/REVIEW/2005/chidambarathil.asp :thumbsup:

rajdes
26th September 2005, 04:11 PM
njv, yes, thanks for correcting me. Srikanth is indeed going places and deservedly so. Havent got to hearing H1 Bees yet but Mahakavi was a gem of an album.

MrJudge
27th September 2005, 07:54 AM
Another COA review, it says the movie is good:

http://www.cinesouth.com/scopes/reviews/new/chidhambarathil.shtml

MrJudge
29th September 2005, 10:30 AM
AV has given 44 points to COA.

In his recent interview to AV, Thankar says that "After the movie is ready, I screened it for IR. He asked me to release the movie myself and advised me not to beg anybody for distribution. He assured me that I will win for sure."

Sanjeevi
29th September 2005, 12:04 PM
AV has given 44 points to COA.

In his recent interview to AV, Thankar says that "After the movie is ready, I screened it for IR. He asked me to release the movie myself and advised me not to beg anybody for distribution. He assured me that I will win for sure."

Nattamai, where r u?

In chennai AV, Kumudam is available only on Fridays. But outside Chennai they are available on Thursdays i.e one day before.

Vysar
7th October 2005, 03:00 AM
COA is a hit?

http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/heroines/navya7.html

Vysar
7th October 2005, 03:13 AM
One more news on COA a hit?

http://www.dailythanthi.com/cn/cn_home.asp?issuedate=10/4/2005&secid=2

thumburu
7th October 2005, 12:44 PM
Iam amazed at the amount of mis information that these "uppuma" websites dish out untiringly. It is hardly a week since COA hit the theatres and "adhukuLLa" enna BO report vendi kedakku?

yvsmani
2nd November 2005, 10:53 AM
Saw this film in Jaya TV ( chinnathiraiyil muthanmuraiayagha thiraiarangugalil vetrikaramagha oadi kondirukkum), on the whole its a good film with a message for the masses. Navya nair has done very well. IR has given a decent music for this film.

krish244
2nd November 2005, 12:58 PM
I am actually shocked that it was telecast on TV so soon. TB must have got a decent deal, I guess! Anyway, I was able to only watch the climax part and I liked it. Even I agree that IR's music was decent.

thanks,

Krishnan.

krish244
2nd November 2005, 02:12 PM
As I guessed it. It seems TB got a very good deal!

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/17784.html

thanks,

Krishnan

thumburu
2nd November 2005, 05:42 PM
Managed to watch only the last portions of COA amidst all the Deepavali interruption . Perhaps a decent family drama by TB.IR's rerecording blended really well with the storyline and was ear soothing [ a cliched comment though] This aspect standa out The kids in my household were hooked to "padayappa" in the afternoon and except a few places here and there[strains of minsaara kannaa in Vasantha] , the background score of ARR was very mediocre.
The "ponna portansha" song was good to hear with the movie and now I rate it just 2 steps below IR's classic pathos like "Idhayam pogudhe", "chinna thaayavaL", "aayiram malargaLe"

2nd November 2005, 07:20 PM
COA hammered in Balaji's review - 1/5!!
(seems to be cracking the whip on recent movies)

http://www.geocities.com/bbreviews/2005/coasamy.html

njv
2nd November 2005, 09:50 PM
I would wait for Sureshmicht's review. Who is Balaji anyways to give 1/5. Did he gave 5/5 for Sivakasi and 10/5 for Thirupachi?

3rd November 2005, 04:13 AM
njv,
:D :D :D :D :D :D
see you

yvsmani
3rd November 2005, 10:33 AM
My opinion is : the song situation and the music blended with one another. If u hear the songs separately ( which I did earlier too), it was not that much effective.