PDA

View Full Version : THE TITANS ARE COMING TOGETHER!!!!!!!!

Pages : [1] 2

TISK
19th August 2005, 08:10 PM
[tscii:d18d427449] :D :) :o 8) :lol: :P

The titans come together!

By Moviebuzz
Friday, 19 August , 2005, 17:11

The titans of Tamil film industry- superstar Rajnikanth and top director Shankar are coming together in a film to be produced by AVM, one of the oldest banners in Tamil.
This will be the biggest ever film made in South India and the deal was cemented today. Shankar has started work on the script of the film which will be released next year.

Said AVM Saravanan to Moviebuzz: “It will be our 168th film which will be released in our diamond jubilee year. By sheer coincidence, it will be Rajni’s 9th film with our banner and Shankar’s 9th film as a director”.

AVM has kickstarted the biggest ever film to be made in the history of Tamil films, which marks the coming together of the giants in the industry.The film is also important as it is Rajni’s next film after the stupendous success of Chandramukhi and Shankar’s next project after that record breaking Anniyan.

GREAT NEWS!!!

:D :) :o 8) :lol: :P :[/tscii:d18d427449]

njv
19th August 2005, 08:21 PM
MD????????

Movies
19th August 2005, 08:44 PM
I hope ARR....

This has been the project I have been waiting to see for ages.... and I want to see ARR in it!

alias
19th August 2005, 09:00 PM
Ohh. I just opened a new thread. I think admin can delete my thread.

I defintely think it will super MD ARR for SUper Star and Super director Shankar.

app_engine
19th August 2005, 10:18 PM
kOdambAkkam, unfortunately, is full of `sentiments'...Both the recent films of RK & Shankar have been big hits (while the immediate prior ones didn't do well)...

Still it would be interesting to see who will be the MD...just to raise curiosity (or it's still under discussion and not decided), their press release does not have the MD...

baba88
19th August 2005, 10:38 PM
After the Decision of Shankar/Rajini we will know which Music Director will be the Boss in TFM.
Rajini and Shankar must decide now.

1) Yuan Shankar Raja is fast in composing songs, youth love his music and he does his work very cheap.
(Rajini and Shankar may try to give the Music Director of the future a chance)

2.) A.R.Rahman's name, people all over the world love his music, he worked with Shankar many times, he knows how to compose music for big movies.

3.) Harris Jeyaraj copies many tunes but they sound for the people very good. He worked with Shankar in Anniyan.

balaji
19th August 2005, 11:02 PM
My choice

First: ARR
Second: IR
Third: VS
Fourth: YSR
Fifth: HJ

I just pray that Bhardawaj who has done music for many AVM films, is not selected. That is my biggest fear. Deva is another MD I would prefer not to be selected..

Bala

astronout123
19th August 2005, 11:24 PM
This movie is going to rock the Whole india!
It will rock the world, if the Music done by ARR:))

interz
19th August 2005, 11:55 PM
think shankar would have liked to do muthalvan with rajani, but at that time there was bigg fuzz about rajani and politics, but as all know that role went to arjun and became a hit. news isnt shocking as it sounds, they should have worked together earlier.

but its a great news for kollywood industry. hope this projects gets in the air and the movie will satisfy even the most critical viewers.

Movies
19th August 2005, 11:59 PM
Reasons I beleive Rahman could be part of the project,

1. Shankar and ARR on good terms, shown by their behaviour during the A Ah audio
2. Ranjnis closest MD friends are ARR and Deva. So Rahman has a chance.
3. Last time AVM and Rahman came together Rahman made sure AVM had a hit with his music doing all the talking, and even fetched a few national award and national fame. When has AVM ever gone hindi they had the confidence in the music and went national.
4. In Sify I asked shankar will we see the dream triple combo of Indian Spielberg, SuperStar and Asain Mozart... shankar said in the future sometime yes....
5.This is a MEGA MOVIE, something that can be compared to only Mani Rajni and IR combo aka dhalapathi.... at that time IR was the legend now ARR is the legend
6.Shankar is yet to decide on script, so there is alotta time for ARR to come up with tunes, no hurry... and Rajni will be in no hurry as well. Rajni needs a hit thats all.
7. I think Rajni went to VS cause of time constrain and budget issues in CM... but remember his choice was rahman for jagu bhai.
8. This is gonna be the combo of the decade, they should choose the best!

Now the tricky part -- Reasons Rahman may not be part of this project.

1. It may be a big budget project, and maybe they may not be willing to pay rahman a hefty fees.
2. Rahman has too many projects at hand ( esp hindi ) thus rahman may not find time.
3 Too many chefs spoil a broth ... maybe shankar and arr realise that and may avoid the secret ingredient.
4. Maybe Rahman refused Rajnis CM because of the jagubhai ride so Rajni now hates Arr's guts.
5. Maybe Shankar and ARR are infact enemies.
6. Vairamuthu may be the black sheep in this decision making...

But whatever may be the case. This is a special project, If not Rahman, Shankar would be inclined to HJ, and Rajni will be inclined to IR or VS or Deva.

For me, if not ARR, Then IR. He deserves to be partof such an epic. If not him then VS.... he can do alot more than anniyan and CM..... he has proved it....

Not DEVA! NOT HJ! NOT Baradhwaj! NOT YSR!

Well.... whatya guys think...... I know ive contradicted a few of my for and against..... im just thinking of possibilities......

But my most genuine reason for thinkin ARR may not be part of it is the bugdget factor and call sheet factor.

m_23_bayarea
20th August 2005, 12:28 AM
Good analysis man. Of course ARR is my all-time favorite MD, and I would love him to compose music for my all-time favorite Superstar, with the biggest director in Tamil cinema. However, I differ from you in one aspect. If not ARR, I would prefer HJ, because he's the only one who's got the ARR style and touch. Not even IR or anybody else for that reason. The whole experience or ambience of the movie will be so different if either of these 2 dont compose the music...Just my personal thought...

reagan87
20th August 2005, 12:34 AM
TAKE MY VERDICT ~ ITS GONNA BE A.R. RAHMAN TO COMPOSE MUSIC

Movies
20th August 2005, 12:36 AM
bayrea,

Thanks .

HJ is a copy cat... lacks originality... look at anniyan... And one more thing... this is not going to be a shankar movie, it may not even be a rajni movie... it cud be something inbetween.... Only experience and true brains can handle it effectively... Who else has brains other ARR or IR... and if not either VS is versatile in comparison to the other MDs. VS is highly under rated largely due to the Media, he has talents, I dont see why he isnt being helped by media!

I realise HJ is a good possibility but ...... he is nothing more than a Deva... only difference deva atleast has a good percentage of original songs in comparison to copied songs!

Reagan,

i hope too!

m_23_bayarea
20th August 2005, 12:36 AM
TAKE MY VERDICT ~ ITS GONNA BE A.R. RAHMAN TO COMPOSE MUSIC

How can you be so sure?? But I really really hope so....

TISK
20th August 2005, 12:38 AM
Have AVM and ARR done a movie already?
If not, that could be another tale of "Titans coming together"!!!!

IYI?
:-)

m_23_bayarea
20th August 2005, 12:39 AM
Minsara Kanavu.....What an album that was huh !!!

reagan87
20th August 2005, 12:42 AM
I'm being pretty sure as I believe Shankar knows his Anniyan audio wasn't a hit as he would expected it to be like his previous movies which he has A.R. Rahman with him. So therefore the giants would definetely look for another giant there.

Jacky
20th August 2005, 12:42 AM
"6. Vairamuthu may be the black sheep in this decision making... "

Don't think VM has such an influence. He couldn't wag his tail with Mani(AE). I think it'll be the case with Rajni and Shankar. If he still wags, they'll cut it and ask Pa.Vijay and Vali to pen the lyrics.

reagan87
20th August 2005, 12:45 AM
Another interesting fact is that, Shankar has said to be looking forward to work with A.R. Rahman soon with a mega project so who knows this is what he meant. A.R. Rahman himself has said in an interview that he will come up with a surprise package soon enough.

alias
20th August 2005, 12:46 AM
Excellent post Movies.. I think ARR deserve to be in this project. I know last time, it was time constrain and also ARR was busy with LOTR project but now he has the time to compose music for Shankar and if Shankar wants this project to reach beyond TN then ARR would be an ideal choice. And I dont think IR would be a part of this project atleast for not composing songs. If IR could do the BGM of this movie then that would be an excellent choice.

reagan87
20th August 2005, 12:49 AM
I honestly hope IR doesnt have anything to do with this movie especially when it involves Shankar. If the director were different than IR would be apt choice since he's one of the best if not best.

TISK
20th August 2005, 12:53 AM
Thanks m23b, for the clarification!

Movies
20th August 2005, 01:00 AM
alaias,

Thanks.

Reagan,

It could be ARR, but who knows.. but prolly majority of the people would be hoping its arr .

TISK,

DUDE how can you forget Minsara Kanavu! :P

Probably we should start a poll on who the MD should be!

m_23_bayarea
20th August 2005, 01:35 AM
http://www.hindu.com/2005/08/20/stories/2005082009730200.htm

Rajni, Shanker and AVM, a mega tie-up
S.R. Ashok Kumar

CHENNAI: Superstar Rajnikant has signed up for his next movie.

He will be working under the AVM banner. Filmmaker Shanker is to direct the movie, which will be 60-year-old AVM's 168th venture.

It will be Rajnikant's 154th movie, his ninth with the house of AVM and his first project with Shanker.

The yet-to-be named film is being jointly produced by M. Saravanan and M.S. Guhan. Incidentally, it is also Shanker's ninth directorial venture, a fact that Rajnikant did not miss and apparently expressed to Shanker the hope that the number nine would prove lucky for both of them.

Three months after the release of the blockbuster Chandramukhi, there has been intense speculation on the superstar's next film.

There were reports that some producers were keen on signing up the film icon and there were guesses in the media that he had already made up his mind.

On Friday, the cat was let out of the bag.

AVM Productions, which has made 166 films, announced last month that its 167th movie would have Ajith in the lead.

Reports indicate that Shanker is busy writing the screenplay for the movie.

The rest of the cast and technicians is being finalised.

Movies
20th August 2005, 01:51 AM
Shankar's 9th movie?... how come?....
1. Gentleman
2. Kadhalan
3. Indian
4. Jeans
5. Mudhalvan
6. Boys
7. Anniyan

So isnt this Shankar's 8th movie?.... Are they including the shleved non starter Robo?

m_23_bayarea
20th August 2005, 01:53 AM
NAYAK ?? The Hindi remake of Mudhalvan ...

Movies
20th August 2005, 01:56 AM
bayarea,

Oh yeah, thats right...

kavin
20th August 2005, 05:54 AM
If Rajni wants IR, IR will be obliged to accept (there is a clear change in IR's attitude recently).
If Rajni insists, Shankar will let him take the lead, he has nothing to lose.
Looks like neither Rajni nor Shankar nor AVM know who it is going to be and they don't seem to have worried about it as much as in this forum.
The script will decide if its going to be ARR or IR. Others will grab it if it comes their way.
If it is not going to be IR or ARR, then I'd rather prefer it was somebody new (I wouldn't mind KR, he deserves a break). It is time TFM found someone who would change the sound and feel of current music trend, if not this movie, let it be the next movie, but it has to be soon rather than later. Am bored of TFM.

hehehewalrus
20th August 2005, 06:57 AM
2 mull-odanju pona 'titan' watches coming together, destination may well be scrap market :cry:

Nerd
20th August 2005, 09:12 AM
My choices of MDs would be

ARR - Simply coz of the big banner, big director, big star
HJ - Shankar would prefer him, even Rajini might go for him
YSR - He is pretty good with the younger generation but for people like kamal and Rajini.. That would be a big test for him

Deva gave mindblowing music for batshah, annamalai etc.., Actualy music was on of the main strengths to those movies.. but him working with Shankar.. nah! never..

IR, rajini might prefer, even AVM, but shankar.. nah!

So, ultimately its gonna be the No.1 MD of TFM right now, ARR 8)

MADDY
20th August 2005, 09:21 AM
"6. Vairamuthu may be the black sheep in this decision making... "

Don't think VM has such an influence. He couldn't wag his tail with Mani(AE). I think it'll be the case with Rajni and Shankar. If he still wags, they'll cut it and ask Pa.Vijay and Vali to pen the lyrics.

HJ was indeed recommended aggressively by VM for Minnale and ARR also joined in w/o knowing VM's intention of drowning ARR only.......VM is the prefect "kooda irundhu kuzhi parikara" case.....ARR, however taught him a good lesson later.....

I, being a ARR fan wud love ARR to be a part of this project.....but ARR's class takes a beating for Rajini.......also, shankar wud prefer HJ in my opinion than ARR as they have stuck a gud rythm......but take my word shankar wud never take IR as they r globes apart in their thinking....

but how come IR & ARR for this movie???? anyone thought abt this???it wud be dream come true for both camps.......

njv
20th August 2005, 10:19 AM
but how come IR & ARR for this movie???? anyone thought abt this???it wud be dream come true for both camps.......
Maddy,

Rajni movies these days arent place for experimentation and innovation. Reserve this for Kamal-MR venture of Kamal-Bala venture or Kamal-Balumahendra venture.

More likely this will happen for Bharathiraja movie, because he is very close to both of them.

Yes your opinion about VM is absolutely correct. When he switched to ARR he complained that IR never respected his lyrics and now he is telling that "aaris jayaraj" is the only person who allows freedom. Let him write "Karuvaachi Kathai" in vikatan and remain in peace!

njv
20th August 2005, 10:23 AM
IR, rajini might prefer, even AVM, but shankar.. nah!

Hmm... Shankar went to YSR's marriage and reception. Remember only few ppl were invited for marriage. Things were cooking back then. You might even get a shocking news that it is going to be the first songless movie for Rajni! When it comes to BGM, IR is the defacto choice, followed by ARR. Rest of them has to rest!

Anyways, lets not speculate about it. News will be out next week.

reagan87
20th August 2005, 11:22 AM
When it comes to BGM, IR is the defacto choice, followed by ARR.

Are you trying to say Illayaraja is better than A.R. Rahman in BGM's ??? You must be crazy man ! If Illayaraja is better than A.R. Rahman in BGM's I wonder why Amir Khan never appointed Illayaraja to compose for The Rising nor why didnt Illayaraja composed for the Lord Of The Rings stage play?

Jacky
20th August 2005, 11:40 AM
Maddy,
VM suggested HJ to Shankar only when Shankar was looking at other choices.
After the rift between ARR and VM (KKKK), Shankar didn't ask VM to write for Boys. It was Vali, Kabilan and others. So ARR got the nod over VM. Now that they have patched up, if VM dictates terms he'll only be kicked out.

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 12:47 PM
When it comes to BGM, IR is the defacto choice, followed by ARR.

Are you trying to say Illayaraja is better than A.R. Rahman in BGM's ??? You must be crazy man ! If Illayaraja is better than A.R. Rahman in BGM's I wonder why Amir Khan never appointed Illayaraja to compose for The Rising nor why didnt Illayaraja composed for the Lord Of The Rings stage play?

hahaha :lol:

When it comes to BGM, the rating should be
1) IR
2) YSR
3) HJ
4) ARR

reagan87, I think that you are a innocent kid :lol: saying "ARR is better than IR" :banghead:

So, Amir Khan is one and only person who is giving Music rating? You are the true crazy man :lol:

dinesh2002
20th August 2005, 12:55 PM
[tscii:df301b040c]Rajni film- `Sivaji`?

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 20 August , 2005, 09:54

The latest buzz is that AVM produced Rajnikanth film to be directed by Shankar is titled Sivaji. But when contacted the production house and the director refuses to confirm the title and says: “It is too early to talk about the film including its title. Let us first firm up the script”.
There is some credence to the rumours about the title being Sivaji as Rajnikanth's real name is Sivaji Rao Gaekward and the first film of legendary Sivaji Ganesan was produced by AVM. So Sivaji has a title value.

Meanwhile the buzz in trade circles is that the Rajni-Shankar combo can fetch a market price of Rs 40-50 Crore as the combine distributors share of Chandramukhi and Anniyan worldwide would easily cover Rs 100 Crore!

Already it is rumoured that the theatrical rights for Andhra, the Telugu dubbed version has been snapped up by Tirupati Prasad who initially wanted to make a film with Shankar in Telugu with Chiranjeevi in the lead.

Meanwhile Shankar is also planning to leave to an undisclosed destination to expand the one-live story he narrated to the superstar. It may take weeks before firming up the story and screenplay as the director is well-known for working at leisurely pace and hates deadlines.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=13921458

Sanjeevi,oneday ur heart will whisper to u "yea,ARR BGM is super" but ur ego wont accept it...as long ur manase accept it ( i hope u have aite),its ok....lips/fingers doesnt speak the truth all the time! :wink: [/tscii:df301b040c]

dinesh2002
20th August 2005, 12:58 PM
Rajinikanth's next film with AVM
The long unsolved mystery of who would be the director of Rajinikanth's upcoming film was finally solved today.

During this period, gossips filled the streets relating different names, the drama filled with mystery and dilemas came to an end with a climax that AVM Studios were going to make the film.

Last week AVM came out with the news that they were going to direct a film with actor Ajith and today they released the news that they would be directing Rajinikanth's upcoming film.

Shankar was the AVM's choice as a dirctor. The news regarding the title, heroine and shankar's crew will be released very soon.
Today is " Avani Avitam" - it being an auspicios day, as decided earlier by Rajini to have an agreement done today, at around 4:30 pm in the evening Rajini met AVM saravanan at his Ragavendra Marrriage Hall where he handed over the signed agreement to AVM Saravanan . He was accompanied by Shankar.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/19082005-7.shtml

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 01:00 PM
Sanjeevi,oneday ur heart will whisper to u "yea,ARR BGM is super" but ur ego wont accept it...as long ur manase accept it ( i hope u have aite),its ok....lips/fingers doesnt speak the truth all the time! :wink:

Ya, If ARR will do better in BGM, definitely I will say "yea,ARR BGM is super". :D

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 01:04 PM
IR + ARR combo will do in new Rajini + Shankar combo film, it will definitely rock the entire India.

Also I am thinking about IR + YSR combo....

rsubras
20th August 2005, 01:34 PM
Another reason to add to the above analysis on why ARR would be part of this project is, as the title says "titans come together". So naturally ARR would be the part of the project as he is a titan too. infact he has scored music for Titan :)

MADDY
20th August 2005, 02:31 PM
Sanjeevi, i pity that u have missed KKS,Swades,Bose,Rising,Dil se, Jeans bgms........i know it is tuf for IR/IR-fans to accept ARR as a gud MD......and u calling HJ as better in BGM than ARR dissolves ur neutrality.....u r no more than a old-IR fan but not a music lover....HJ killled Kaakka Kaakka with his lousy BGM......

rsubras, ARR is not just a Titan but a COLOSSUS in India(except TN).......shankar and rajini shuld feel proud if ARR is a part of their team and not the other way around.....

MADDY
20th August 2005, 02:33 PM
IR + ARR combo will do in new Rajini + Shankar combo film, it will definitely rock the entire India.

Also I am thinking about IR + YSR combo....

YSR is already depending so much on old-IR tunes for his success.......a openly declared combo wud be like a big joke...... :lol:

Sanjeevi
20th August 2005, 03:01 PM
Sanjeevi, i pity that u have missed KKS,Swades,Bose,Rising,Dil se, Jeans bgms........i know it is tuf for IR/IR-fans to accept ARR as a gud MD......and u calling HJ as better in BGM than ARR dissolves ur neutrality.....u r no more than a old-IR fan but not a music lover....HJ killled Kaakka Kaakka with his lousy BGM......

rsubras, ARR is not just a Titan but a COLOSSUS in India(except TN).......shankar and rajini shuld feel proud if ARR is a part of their team and not the other way around.....

OK MADDY and ARR fans, I change my rating on BGM

1) IR
2) ARR / YSR
3) HJ (good in Minnalae, but I don't care about his other projects)

But dear friends, always we (IR fans) are ready to participate in another IR vs ARR fight. Finally you will be the loser. :lol:

united07
20th August 2005, 03:15 PM
God Bless America(India)!

interz
20th August 2005, 06:00 PM
if you count remake gentleman was also made in telugu starring chiranjeevi.

MADDY
20th August 2005, 06:00 PM
OK MADDY and ARR fans, I change my rating on BGM

1) IR
2) ARR / YSR
3) HJ (good in Minnalae, but I don't care about his other projects)

But dear friends, always we (IR fans) are ready to participate in another IR vs ARR fight. Finally you will be the loser. :lol:

idhu oru naal oru kanavu anaal ennaalum nijathhai thodamudiytha kanavu...... :D

dinesh2002
20th August 2005, 06:04 PM
Sanjeevi...i think u better watch ur words....dun simply say that we will be the looser if the topic is not on yet...ok va? :!:

coucou
20th August 2005, 06:15 PM
http://thatstamil.indiainfo.com/specials/cinema/heroes/rajini18.html

the new movie is called "sivaji"

rajasaranam
20th August 2005, 06:28 PM

that was good indeed :D

BTW I dont know why many people are discarding Deva. I can think of none other, who gave ultimate power packed musical Idiom to Superstar. His 'batcha' and Annamalai were rocking TN with mass nos. and great BGMs :lol: no kidding The 'batcha batcha' chant is still ringing in my ears and the intro music when super star title comes up is also his.Though he composed in the line of IR, Deva elevated Rajini from super star to super duper star.
If you prefer quality it should be none other than IR or ARR. But who cares For quality in a Rajini movie at all :) Deva is the one and only choice for Rajini.

interz
20th August 2005, 06:55 PM
How about each MDs (ARR, IR, DEVA, YSR, HJ, VS)

got one song
on that movie.

TISK
20th August 2005, 06:57 PM
This thread was started to share the joy of two great craftsmen in their respective fields joining togethaer to plan to give a treat and much to my dismay it is petering out to be nother IR/ARR praise/despise fight thread.

Rajin/Kamal, Shankar/KSR/MR/BR, IR/ARR/Deva/HS.... it doesn't matter who is in charge of these.
Unless the storyline is plaussible, screenplay is penned in such a way to appeal to common man, no movie has been a success. This IS the fact.
Leaving this important factor out in the wind,seeing you guys all fighting aimlessly on who is the MD is showing our individual passion only.
IR's nor ARR's music alone has not been enough to keep the movie a hit... it is open secret.
So, leave that worry to the producer/Director/Actor's choice and talk about something else, people!

andha C~P yengE, oru imaginary storyline yeduththu vidunga!

TISK
20th August 2005, 07:19 PM
[tscii:ba716a1990]Here is more! Please note that no one is even talking about the MD still! That's the reality! Story and screen play and then proper artists and then only MD!!!

Rajni film- `Sivaji`?

By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 20 August , 2005, 09:54

The latest buzz is that AVM produced Rajnikanth film to be directed by Shankar is titled Sivaji. But when contacted the production house and the director refuses to confirm the title and says: “It is too early to talk about the film including its title. Let us first firm up the script”.
There is some credence to the rumours about the title being Sivaji as Rajnikanth's real name is Sivaji Rao Gaekward and the first film of legendary Sivaji Ganesan was produced by AVM. So Sivaji has a title value.

Meanwhile the buzz in trade circles is that the Rajni-Shankar combo can fetch a market price of Rs 40-50 Crore as the combine distributors share of Chandramukhi and Anniyan worldwide would easily cover Rs 100 Crore!

Already it is rumoured that the theatrical rights for Andhra, the Telugu dubbed version has been snapped up by Tirupati Prasad who initially wanted to make a film with Shankar in Telugu with Chiranjeevi in the lead.

Meanwhile Shankar is also planning to leave to an undisclosed destination to expand the one-live story he narrated to the superstar. It may take weeks before firming up the story and screenplay as the director is well-known for working at leisurely pace and hates deadlines.

[/tscii:ba716a1990]

arsaregama
20th August 2005, 10:18 PM
confirmed tht it's a.r.rahman for the movie.the third film he accepted after s.j.suryah 's puli,rajiv menon's new film and now shankar's new film.

coucou
21st August 2005, 01:48 AM
confirmed tht it's a.r.rahman for the movie.the third film he accepted after s.j.suryah 's puli,rajiv menon's new film and now shankar's new film.

what a source?

baba88
21st August 2005, 02:10 AM
Is A.R.Rahman doing a film for Rajiv Menon ?

Arsaregama you forgot to write these movies in your list:

A/C
Zillendru oru Kadhal
Isai

TISK
21st August 2005, 07:15 AM
Title "SIVAAJI" confirmed as per Dinamalar news.
MS Guhan has issued a statement that they had to release the 'Titans coming together' news without the name of the movie but now they [AVM] has got the approval from Ramkumar and Prabhu and the title is "SIVAAJI"!

NO OTHER DETAILS [INCLUDING THE MD] HAVE BEEN FINALISED!!!

TISK
21st August 2005, 07:17 AM
Title "SIVAAJI" confirmed as per Dinamalar news.
MS Guhan has issued a statement that they had to release the 'Titans coming together' news without the name of the movie, but now they [AVM] have got the approval from Ramkumar and Prabhu and the title is "SIVAAJI"!

NO OTHER DETAILS [INCLUDING THE MD] HAVE BEEN FINALISED!!!

dinesh2002
21st August 2005, 07:54 AM
Is A.R.Rahman doing a film for Rajiv Menon ?

Arsaregama you forgot to write these movies in your list:

A/C
Zillendru oru Kadhal
Isai

yes...ARR will be doing a film with Rajeev menon,if im not mistaken,its a hindi film..... yes guys.... many strong albums in ARR hands now:

1.A/c - Simbu- SJS- Asin
2.Puli - Vijay - SJS
3.Rajeev Menon
4.ZIOK - Surya - Jothika - Dir Krishna (assistant of Goutham)
5.Isai - SJS (musical thriller)

njv
21st August 2005, 01:42 PM
dinesh

None of them are strong, except Vijay's. Ofcourse, I am sure music will be stronger in all these movies and overtake the rest of the figures, except for Vijay's puli.

ARR's skills can be challenged only by few ppl, like MR, BR, Shankar. Rest of them just dont know what they want from ARR.

A.ANAND
21st August 2005, 02:30 PM
yo guys,i am happy if arr is part of shankar and rajini's next film.but,namakku[arr fans]verum kanavagi kuda poi vidalam endru neneikiren.arr is part of this film romba romba kuraivagave ullathu endru ninaikiren.[ithai sollave manasu romba valiya irukku]but HARRIS JAYARAJ ikku intha vaippu kidaikka romba romba velicham irukku because shanker and hj natpu.rendu perum ippa purushan pondatti mathiri romba nerukkam agithanga..i think shanker intha golden opocunaty payanpaduthi arr pali vangalam..we arr fans know romba naalve arr eppadiyavathu inth tfmla irunthu
'olichidanum' innu oru periya gang try pannikite irukkanga..intha vaipai vechu arr olichiduvanga innu naan nenaikala..this is my persenal opinion only.but anything can happen!!!!!wait and see..

inetk
21st August 2005, 05:18 PM
Shankar has this track record of making one socially-relevant message based movie, followed by an out and out fun movie (not counting Nayak, which was merely a remake). Examples...

Gentleman > Kaadhalan
Indian > Jeans
Mudhalvan > Boys
Anniyan > AVM's 168th film

So, in all probabilities this will be a fun movie and not a serious one. Plus, Mudhalvan was meant for Rajini who backed out eventually, so he might also think that a socially relevant movie might probably hit out at the ruling party over some issue so better opt for a nice fun movie, that too with Shankar's big budget sensibility!

Also, when big guns get together, they'd go all out to try and make the proposition as attractive as possible to buyers, to fetch the best price. Who better to hype the movie than Rahman? Regardless of recent failures/ successes, his name evokes a big expectation across all 4 southern states, so its likely that Shankar might want him to better this movie's prospects.

And, ARR is not known to be against anyone. Even when the talk of enmity between ARR and VM was at peak, there was an interview with Rajini who said Rahman had got him some exotic stuff ( I dont recall right, might be incense sticks) from London during his trip there for Bombay Dreams. He had said that he loved it and wanted to share it with VM and called him. VM said Rahman had already dropped in to his place before Rajini's house!

I frankly do not think youngsters like Rahman, YSR, HJ would hold grudges like the older lot. They know very well that there is intense competition in the industry unlike limited set of people earlier, so there's no point going around with a bloated ego, alienating people and losing out on some good opportunities. Bottomline...you cannot afford to hold grudges!

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

MADDY
21st August 2005, 06:20 PM
which is y IR hasn't bagged a major project since 1992....... :lol:

and if rajni/shankar take IR for this movie then they have to listen to him rather than IR listening to rajni/shankar.......

Sanjeevi
21st August 2005, 09:02 PM
This week India-Today has came with Rajikanth Coverstory which tells about CM's box office history.

Some points from the article
--------

1) Rajini had not give any interviews for India-Today. Even for this issue, he did not accept interview while approaching India-Today team. - info by Editor

2) By distribution circle, The CM's collection will touch the Rs. 80 Cr.

3) Huge hit in Andhra. "Regularly, for second show for dubbed films in Andhra, there will not be a huge crowd. But I was surprised due to huge crowd" - Rajasuga, Telugu version editor

4) Mege hit of telugu for 2005 is Nuvesthanetae nenothtndana (prabu deva film). Some Andhra distributors told that CM's collection will be greater than Nuvesthanetae nenothtndana's collection.

5) CM is still running at B, C centres of Kerala.

6) In Karnataka, "I saw CM 100 day poster near by Apta mithra 365 days poster" - P. Vasu

7) TV rights for CM is going to sale, the amount may be Rs. 10 Cr. This is a history.

For the first time, India-Today praises Rajini, I think. Previously, many of its article writers such as Gnani, Thirumavalavan, Vasanthi, Ananth Natarajan, have given almost anti-Rajini messages. Time will change anything.

jibi
22nd August 2005, 09:32 AM
i dunno who will be... shankar movie so will have some nice numbers... i prefer some one who never worked with shankar...

reheman has the biggest probability ...reheman,shankar combo is rocking... but shankar avoided reheman for anniyan and stating AR is a reserved person :wink:

HJ might not be the choice.. due to the opinions rasied by media to shankar about anniyan songs...

VS might have a better chance than HJ... due to the huge success of CM... VS can do way way better CM.. :D

dinesh2002
22nd August 2005, 11:54 AM
[tscii:34fe783bcb] Sivaji: Rajinikanth’s next movie

Sivaji is the title for Rajinikanth’s next movie which will be directed noted director, Shankar under AVM Productions. Superstar Rajinikanth has a sentimental attachment towards the number 9 which incidentally coincided with the following: This movie will be Director Shankar’s 9th movie and this will be the 9th movie for the Superstar under the AVM Production Banner. N.V. Prasad has already won the remake rights in Telugu. The shooting schedule will begin this Diwali and the movie will be released in April 2006.
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=sivaji22.txt[/tscii:34fe783bcb]

rsubras
22nd August 2005, 12:22 PM
Another reason why ARR would be part of this project

ARR was the MD for AVM's 50th year in movies (Minsara Kanavu), naturally AVM would like him to be the MD for their 60th year in film world. :)

all said and done let us pray for ARR to be in this project :)

dinesh2002
22nd August 2005, 03:33 PM
Date: Mon Aug 22, 2005 7:41 am
Subject: sweet news dowlat26
Send IM
Send Email

hello all,

Ar rahman will compose rajini & shankar new film.

dowlat

Date: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:19 am
Subject: Re: [arr] sweet news f2000083
Send IM
Send Email

u have any authentic info??

Date: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:45 am
Subject: Re: [arr] sweet news dowlat26
Send IM
Send Email

yes ,I read it in tamil newspaper.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/54549

coucou
22nd August 2005, 03:45 PM
if it is true, one word to say: yessssssssssssssssssssss!

coucou
22nd August 2005, 03:47 PM
Date: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:21 am
Subject: new news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi everybody!!!!!!!!!! SUPERSTAR RAJNIKANTH's next movie is SIVAJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its directed by shankar and music by our boss AR RAHMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
AVM+SHANKAR+RAJNI+ARRAHMAN=SUCCESS

dinesh2002
22nd August 2005, 03:55 PM
Date: Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:21 am
Subject: new news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hi everybody!!!!!!!!!! SUPERSTAR RAJNIKANTH's next movie is SIVAJI!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
its directed by shankar and music by our boss AR RAHMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!
AVM+SHANKAR+RAJNI+ARRAHMAN=SUCCESS

just 1 problem...will ARR compose songs for a Shankar film or Rajini film?????? :shock: :?

Vysar
22nd August 2005, 05:24 PM
what an authentic news from dinesh on lines of Robot?

coucou
22nd August 2005, 05:31 PM
http://www.maalaimalar.com/
READ ARTICLE ON RAJINI MOVIE
actress can be aishwarya ray and md can be either ilayaraja or arr (rumors)
history is like anniyan but adapted in rajini style!
rajin is a action hero in this movie but he tell the principe morals as a old man.

coucou
22nd August 2005, 05:42 PM
http://www.dinakaran.com/

the movie's budjet widen for 50 crores. the movie is translated in hindi, telugu , kannadam.

so this one reason more to choose arr.(songs in hindi)

dinesh2002
22nd August 2005, 05:55 PM
what an authentic news from dinesh on lines of Robot?

i guess shankar still not ready with ROBOT yet..or mabby this is the 1 ( Coz need 50 crores - just like once Shankar said ROBOT needed 50 crores!!

dinesh2002
22nd August 2005, 05:56 PM
who is the MD??? :?

TISK
22nd August 2005, 07:13 PM
[tscii:66958a820c]"Bangalore via Tirupati!

By Moviebuzz
Monday, 22 August , 2005, 16:25

Rajnikanth had a darshan at Tirupati temple on Sunday morning. A sort of ‘thanksgiving’ to Lord Balaji for the stupendous success of Chandramukhi and the announcement of his new film Sivaji for AVM productions.
Later the superstar drove down from Tirupati to Bangalore where he will be camping for a few days. He likes the Bangalore weather and would like to chill out till Shankar is ready with his script.

Meanwhile a few weeks back, Shankar had gone in for a master check-up and doctors said that he is perfectly fit. The elusive writer-director will be leaving Chennai along with his assistants this week to an unknown destination to write the working script of Sivaji. "

This is the current news and reality and so all you respective MD fans!! Keep up with your prayers and speculations but be rest assured that NO MD HAS BEEN FINALISED SO FAR for "Sivaaji" as the two titans are in different places doing different things.
Let them first get the screenplay straight and let us worry about the MD later,.... in the order of importance!
Unless the story is right, no MD, not even IR/ARR can save any movie.

I am a Rajini fan and would keep the focus on him and please dont change this into a MD issue! Before SS, no MD is greater!

lakkalakkalakkalakkalakkala!

[/tscii:66958a820c]

Movies
22nd August 2005, 08:17 PM
ARR FANS,

I Read somewhere, ARR is having trouble choosing between the next Mani film and this Shankar movie.

I think , This Shankar Rajni movie is worth more than anyother indian film... What ya guys say?

I would rather see rahman score for this movie than scoring for 5 other films or a mani film.....

What ya think?

Kumanan
22nd August 2005, 08:29 PM
TISK:

I am a Rajini fan and would keep the focus on him and please dont change this into a MD issue! Before SS, no MD is greater!

Your second statement is invoking Actor-MD issue! I dont think you can say SS is greater than ARR or IR. Even though i strongly belive SS is nowhere near ARR or IR in many aspects, I wouldn't say it as it would offend SS fans. (Well I just did, because you've invoked me to)

Movies,

I think If thats the case, ARR should choose Mani over Money(Shankar). Shankar is out of stock recycling Indian+Gentleman for Anniyan. Mani is always Mani and his movie had been rated as Top 100 films of all time by Time Magazine.

app_engine
22nd August 2005, 08:43 PM
"ARR is having trouble choosing between the next Mani film and this Shankar movie"...

Enga, reNdumE seiyyaRadhula avarukku enna avvaLavu kashtamungO?

TISK
22nd August 2005, 09:20 PM
"kumanan",
Pl. understand the context in which I am talking!
This is not on a person to person nor talent to talent level that I said that.
All I mean is when SS is in a movie, all the other things takes a back seat; that's all I mean.
I have great respects for both IR/ARR, you know that!
Nobody is going to say 'S(VAAJI" is a ARR or IR or AVM or Shankar movie but will be remembered and talked only as a Rajini movie ,just 'annaamalai' 'badshaa', 'arunaachalam, 'padaiyappa', 'baba[even if it is a failure], 'CM' etc.

Rest my case!

stranger
22nd August 2005, 09:39 PM
Shankar is out of stock recycling Indian+Gentleman for Anniyan.

well, there is always "summer clearance" and "winter clearance" and run out of stock. Then they will "stock up" for christmas again. It had happened with several directors before.

I dont see why cant Shankar stock up again.

Shankar might rise again with "some new ideas".

-------------------------------------------

The intersting part here is: How well these three team up???

AVM saravanan: "too punctual" and always wants things get done yesterday itself. cant stand any delay.

Rajni: Never prolongs his movie more than 6-8 months from the pooja to release date time frame and punctual of course. Can easily satisfy AVM saravanan as they had done 8 movies before.

Shankar: Can Shankar get along with these two "big-two"???and make a successful "big-three" as he sound "too prolonging" and "slow" in trying to make things perfect?

Let us see.

Kumanan
22nd August 2005, 10:45 PM
TISK,

I belive this is a tamil film music forum and the poll you specified is clearly Who would be the MD! Now you are talking about star values for a movie and who is out of the context here?! Ofcourse Vijay movie will be remembered as a Vijay movie and Pandiyarajan Movie will be remembered always as a Pandiarajan movie. And if a Pandiarajan fan exaggerates saying 'Pandiarajan is greater than IR within the context' an outsider like me can only laugh. I am a Rajinikanth fan too(on some level) but not a superstar fanatic to say something that might hurt an honest IR fan here.

I know you are an ardent Rajini fan who respect ARR but i am an ARR fan who respect Rajini(again not superstar - I hate him.) and i dont like a statement saying Rajini is greater than ARR, whatever context it is.

I rest my case too!

Cacaphonix
22nd August 2005, 11:32 PM
Rajini padaththukku Rajini thaan ellaam, that is how it is right from Annaamalai days.

There can be a super hit album like padayappa or can be a failure album like Baba, everything is associated with Rajini. The fact that ARR or IR or Deva or Vidhyasaagar gave music is secondary. The initial hype, expectation or whatever one wish to call for padayappa or ejamaan songs album is only because of Rajini. The songs quality would determine further saleability only after certain point of sale.

It is the fact. It does not mean to degrade greatness of any MD.

Just because one does not like Rajini the fact does not change.

Cacaphonix
22nd August 2005, 11:38 PM
Stranger

Your point about Shankar's speed is very valid. We can even say that it will be a thorn in the flesh for both AVM and Rajini.

Should the movie fail, after a few years, I bet Shankar would say that he was pressurised to deliver things early and hence he had to compromise on "quality".

IMO, Shankar is a master in eating producers money and associating his slowness to "quality". But when he turns out to be producer he wishes to produce low cost, fast finishing movies. I would like to see shankar producing a dud like Anniyan allowing its director to eat hell a lot of money and time.

Fortunately, all MDs worked with AVM have given their output to AVM's taste in the stipulated time. So in that angle it can be anyone -- IR or ARR or Deva or VS or Bharadwaj or YSR. I think AVM would not opt for HJ. If they want such type of music they would opt for the better alternative in ARR.

Finally, due to some miracle if IR is asked to do music, most probably KR will be the MD.

alias
22nd August 2005, 11:50 PM
I think 100% IR would not be MD for this movie. The reason is couple of years back when IR was ruling, AVM gave couple of chances to Chandraboss and encouraged him to tune songs like "Endha Raja Vandalom Naan thokadipen" for a movie staring Ramki. I forgot the name of the movie but the songs were created to abuse IR and put his reign to end and AVM were solely responsible for that. And IR being an egoist person would not accept offers from AVM after those incident which AVM did purposely. If IR accept this offer than there is no difference between Cinema and politics.

Cacaphonix
23rd August 2005, 12:56 AM
alias,

That CB episode was long back. After that IR did a few movies with AVM, one of them was ejamaan (if i am not wrong), then again he did not do any movies with AVM.

IMO, YSR's perazhagan is the movie from IR's family with AVM after a long gap.

vem
23rd August 2005, 12:57 AM
EVEN THOUGH i would prefer IR, I strongly feel that IR's name will not even figure in the MD selection discussion.....

njv
23rd August 2005, 01:27 AM
ARR FANS,

I Read somewhere, ARR is having trouble choosing between the next Mani film and this Shankar movie.

I think , This Shankar Rajni movie is worth more than anyother indian film... What ya guys say?

I would rather see rahman score for this movie than scoring for 5 other films or a mani film.....

What ya think?

All on the website and other places are only rumours. Dont go with any of the rumours.

Mani has no film on hand (tamil/hindi), neither has any plans now. ARR is busy with SJS and other few folks.I think ARR should come out and work with good ppl.

Arjuna
23rd August 2005, 01:57 AM
Its ARR for sure -- ARR has a good working relationship with SS, Shankar and AVM...

Btw do you know our Captain has been featured in the TIMES magazine cover ;)

Check my blog : http://naan-yaar.blogspot.com

alias
23rd August 2005, 03:07 AM
Thanks Cacaphonix for the information. I really missed it out. I dont know how IR accepted that after that humility.... probably due to RV Udayakumar who at that time was creating waves thanks to IR and his village stories.

TISK
23rd August 2005, 04:45 AM
Read the thread in the 'mukkiya seidhikaL' section in http://www.dinamalar.com/
Also, don't miss dinamani.com also where it is almost confirmed that it will be ........................
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!A>............R................RRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!! !!!!!!!!!! who will confirm it after he is back from his foreign trip!

'muzhukka muzhukka rajini stylil irukkum indha padam'!!!!!!

"SI"rappaga amaiya "VA"zhththugirom ra"JI"ni!!!

baroque
23rd August 2005, 06:02 AM
TISK says 'muzhukka muzhukka rajini stylil irukkum indha padam'!!!!!!

Very Good!! congratulations!! Happy for you guys!!

MrJudge
23rd August 2005, 07:17 AM
but the songs were created to abuse IR and put his reign to end and AVM were solely responsible for that.

That job was done by none other than Vai(yi)raMuthu. I don't think they were successful at it.

dinesh2002
23rd August 2005, 07:43 AM
this is gonan be a Rajini film & not Shankar a shankar film....the songs r gonna be sickening with an introduction song for that old man...i mean 'super star' :roll:

Nerd
23rd August 2005, 09:26 AM
this is gonan be a Rajini film & not Shankar a shankar film....the songs r gonna be sickening with an introduction song for that old man...i mean 'super star' :roll:

STFU :twisted:

u, being an ARR fan dint enjoy padayappa, muthu, baba?? :evil:

Everyone needs a *Rajini* film not an ARR film..

If ARR composes for morons like SJS, why not for Rajini??

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

A.ANAND
23rd August 2005, 11:17 AM
great news guys,yesssssss SHANKER-RAJINI-ARR COMBO..THE DREAM COME TRUE..VISIT DINAMANI.COM TODAY...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

Sanjeevi
23rd August 2005, 12:40 PM
great news guys,yesssssss SHANKER-RAJINI-ARR COMBO..THE DREAM COME TRUE..VISIT DINAMANI.COM TODAY...YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO...

jakkubai kathai agidama iruntha sarithan.

I think it is not a official news.

dinesh2002
23rd August 2005, 02:15 PM

STFU :twisted:

u, being an ARR fan dint enjoy padayappa, muthu, baba?? :evil:

Everyone needs a *Rajini* film not an ARR film..

If ARR composes for morons like SJS, why not for Rajini??

:twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hahahaha..im guessing ur Rajini fan... well man..speaking bout this...i liked/loved Rajini up to Padaiyappa....Baba & Chandramuki :roll: lets see if shankar can show a different Rajini like what Mani ratnam did in Thalapathy..... :lol:

dinesh2002
23rd August 2005, 02:33 PM
Plzz.... I dont understand why ppl jump to conclusions....
The newspaper only says "shankar did 7 films with ARR but missed him in anniyan. So Shankar is particular about ARR doin this project. Since ARR is free from international commitments for the next 2 months, he is likely to accept Shankar's movie"
Still nothing is confirmed. But having missed Chandramukhi n Anniyan (both were offered to him first)
i feel ARR should accept this... Vijay / Rano / Gopal... Plz confirm!!
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/54571

coucou
23rd August 2005, 03:48 PM
http://www.tamilcinema.com/CINENEWS/Hotnews/2005/augest/220805.asp
any information in md.

saradhaa_sn
23rd August 2005, 06:31 PM
Have AVM and ARR done a movie already?
If not, that could be another tale of "Titans coming together"!!!!

IYI?

Already AVM + ARR = "MINSAARA KANAVU"

interz
23rd August 2005, 07:09 PM
any one knows whats the salary rahman rajni and shankar gets???? (not in this move but generally)

stranger
23rd August 2005, 07:38 PM
the songs r gonna be sickening with an introduction song for that old man...i mean 'super star' :roll:

Not many feel like you feel. So who cares how few "geniuses" feel about it?? it is a question of attracting mass-audience, not getting few claps from some "little geniuses" and becoming "bankrupt"! 8)

BTW, Rajni is only in his middle age and he is not old. Younger than Clint when he did Unforgiven. Younger than Harrison when he did the romantic comedy *ing Anne Heche, six days seven nights. 8)

You never know, what comes out from these "big-three". :)

It is a honor to ARR if he is offered as he has been way down in Tamil Cinea today. If he spits on the helping hand from big-three for whatever reason, he will be the LOSER.

It has already been proved that Rajni can live without VM, ARR from the BO success of CM. That is all rajni, AVM and Shankar care. Nothing else besides a BO hit.

dinesh2002
23rd August 2005, 08:00 PM
yo man...Chandramuki success was due to the storyline....try putting a diff actor in the lead and still the movie will run full house ( See apthamitra) and u know the story belongs to Manichitratazhu....so whats the use man?? P.Vasu is another usless bugger who is getting the credit for something which is not his story.... 8) man...ARR is only low in tamil industry....not in international wise..plz....i have a fren in Japan, ofcource a japanese and he knows Muthu for its songs & Meena...
a small proof,if im not mistaken even a movie had this same situation...a jothika movie....

and dude...Rajini,Shankar & AVM r the one waiting for ARR to accept thier offer man!! u see..they HAVE TO WAIT FOR ARR's APPROVAL !!they can take any normal MD like Hj or YSR...but y they r waiting for ARR?coz they know QUALITY MAN...unlike u... Quality remains forever...not mass....that is y Kamal's is known for quality actor.... :wink:

besides..im waiting for Shankar - ARR combo only..... i hope its a SHANKAR film.....not a remake film like CM :roll:

stranger
23rd August 2005, 08:30 PM
unlike u... Quality remains forever...not mass....that is y Kamal's is known for quality actor.... :wink:

Well, well, well, :lol:

not a remake film like CM :roll:

Vasool raja is also a remake.

How did the "quality" got maintained there in the movie- I am talking about the movie not the music?!

I was told the original of vasool raaja was far better in every way.

avvai shanmugi was a "remake" or a 'stolen story". So was ThenaaLi.

What kind of quality we are talking about HERE????

Why does even "quality actor's" stolen crap always CLAIMED to have the quality no matter whether it is a remake or even a STOLEN story? beats me! :?

dinesh2002
23rd August 2005, 08:48 PM
hahaahahahhhh..mr anniyan (stranger) ;) come on...y quarrel on this right...u Rajini fan & me ARR fan can enjoy this movie 100%...lets leave kamal -rajini war aside..im a fan of rajini too u know....i love padaiyappa & muthu (eventhough its a remake of malayalam movie too)..batcha was his best for me.... the bgm & his acting was great....then second comes padaiyappa... whats ur rank?? 8)

stranger
23rd August 2005, 08:50 PM
:)

Nerd
23rd August 2005, 09:10 PM
//Chandramuki success was due to the storyline....try putting a diff actor in the lead and still the movie will run full house ( See apthamitra)//

NO way, dude.. VV is a big actor in kannada industry and thats why the success.. Imagine prashant, ajith/vijay as Saravanan in CM.. Would it have collected 100 crores as claimed by a few websites?? Max 50 days and thats it..

//P.Vasu is another usless bugger who is getting the credit for something which is not his story//

Absolutely 8)

//and dude...Rajini,Shankar & AVM r the one waiting for ARR to accept thier offer man//

Agreed to a certain extent.. True ARR is way ahead of all the present MDs and his music will also have an impact on the BO of this movie.. See, fans like u goto theatres just to hear/watch the songs :) But even if HJ/YSR tunes that wouldnt create a big impact on the BO of this movie

Chill.. I will enjoy rajini and you will enjoy ARR..

dinesh2002
23rd August 2005, 09:27 PM
hahahahha..true man...well....who dubbed the voice for VV man...his voice was so simular to Rajini's..hehehehehe..anywayz...i hope Shankar-Rajini-ARRahman combo wiill com true....it will satisfy many fans from different points....shankar with lavishing sets,quality storyline (except aniyan ofcource),great techncians...,ARRahman with heavy & quality music,great interludes,not to mention mind blowing BGMs,and new singers! Rajini with his unbeatable styles & jokes....

i felt the best Rajini-ARR was padaiyappa...which the theme of padaiyappa ( when Rajini pulls the swing with his cloth) wow... that was mind blowng & hair raising....the best for rajini for me....ofcource Batcha Bgms too...those were good too...the way rajini pulls the swing with the slow motion caption & bgm...that scene was 1 of the best scene i know....and not to mention the Neelambari's theme...the part she sits on the chair ( the very same scene)...WOW!!! cant wait for that kinda theme in Shankar films.... :D

Saagar
23rd August 2005, 10:39 PM
Baba & CM - The box office reports of these films prove that VS or Deva are enough for a Rajini film including the success of its music ... ARR is no guarantee for success, on the contrary you have to unnecessarily shell out more money for him. What additional box office impact would ARR's music have made for Chandra mukhi? Nothing!

Saagar
23rd August 2005, 10:49 PM
Forget Apthamitra & Chandramukhi. It is too pale in comparison to the original "Manichitrathazzhu" directed by Fazil, with MG Radhakrishnan's music. If Fazil had remade this film in Tamil as he had done for other films, with "not some dude" but Kamal hassan in the role that Mohanlal played & Ilaiyaraaja on music, it would still have been a bumper hit & the music too would have been amuch bigger hit!

njv
23rd August 2005, 10:59 PM
Forget Apthamitra & Chandramukhi. It is too pale in comparison to the original "Manichitrathazzhu" directed by Fazil, with MG Radhakrishnan's music. If Fazil had remade this film in Tamil as he had done for other films, with "not some dude" but Kamal hassan in the role that Mohanlal played & Ilaiyaraaja on music, it would still have been a bumper hit & the music too would have been amuch bigger hit!

I never thought about it. I owe you one for raising this.

The only problem with KH is the Aalavandan impact. Still lot of ppl dont want to take a chance of KH movies after seeing that movie. I am a HC KH fan, and loved Aalavandhan, but cant expect the same from a "normal" movie watcher. CM with KH and IR would have been a definite hit, but not to the level of CM. Rajni do have a charishma that none in Indian movie industry have now. Amitabh had it before, MGR and NTR had them until they died and now Rajni has it. So we have to give a credit for Rajni.

dinesh2002
24th August 2005, 06:41 AM
Baba & CM - The box office reports of these films prove that VS or Deva are enough for a Rajini film including the success of its music ... ARR is no guarantee for success, on the contrary you have to unnecessarily shell out more money for him. What additional box office impact would ARR's music have made for Chandra mukhi? Nothing!

Baba??? machan...if the music was by ARR,the music would have gone beyond the TAMIL boundary the whole India would have noticed its music.....(check out Muthu & Padaiyappa...y even Baba)CM songs r never near the fame of those to albums (music wise)...and VS needed to follow the style of Muthu's introduction...where does quality stands there?? Rahman gave 3 diff styles in Muthu,Padaiyappa,& Baba...and if u didint noticed..Even Devuda had that bhangra style which Baba's Dippu Dippu was semi bhangra song.... :wink: Konjanm Neram 2?? Pagalil oru nilva kanden by IR....Raa Raa ?? basic style was stolen from Apthamitra's Raa Raa...(see the difference in APthamitra's Raa Raa & Manichitra tazhu's Oru Murai vanthe...the md for Apthamitra changed it...)

if u ask me...overall CM music was good..but not great & creative!and if CM music was by ARR....it wouldnt let Anniyan music overtake it.. :wink:

dinesh2002
24th August 2005, 04:28 PM
Beauty with Superstar

Bollywood beauty and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai will be the heroine for superstar Rajinikanth in his forthcoming movie Sivaji. Aishwarya, who had earlier worked with Director Shankar in Jeans is trying very hard to give him dates for this flick as she has her hands full with her Hollywood Movie. But in spite of all these commitments, she is said to have agreed to do the film.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=beaut24.txt

ifs its by ARR...its my dream come true!!!!! ARR-Shankar-Aishwarya Rai
woooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwwwww :D :P

njv
24th August 2005, 06:41 PM
if CM music was by ARR....
Laka Laka Baby Laka Laka Baby Looku vida thoonudhaiya...
:lol:

njv
24th August 2005, 06:43 PM

Rajni for a while had an eye on Aishwarya. I cant beleive still he has craze for this women. I think he should find someone who can match him (Ramya krishnan or Meena or Jothika or Kiran).

Aasai yaarai vittathu :lol:

stranger
24th August 2005, 07:35 PM
Rajni for a while had an eye on Aishwarya. I cant beleive still he has craze for this women. .

ahilaaNdEshvari, Allah, Jesus! :notworthy:

ithu abaaNdamaana pali! :roll:

She can always turn down the offer if she wishes to! :)

njv
24th August 2005, 07:55 PM
Rajni for a while had an eye on Aishwarya. I cant beleive still he has craze for this women. .

ahilaaNdEshvari, Allah, Jesus! :noteworthy:

ithu abaaNdamaana pali! :roll:

She can always turn down the offer if she wishes to! :)

She did for Rajni in CM, but she wouldnt for Shankar for Sivaji.

interz
24th August 2005, 07:59 PM
the title cant be more suitable for rajini since his real name is also sivaji rav ....(or somthing like that)

vivek obirai aishwarya raiya rajini ooda padam nadikka viduvaara?

stranger
24th August 2005, 08:05 PM
She did for Rajni in CM, but she wouldnt for Shankar for Sivaji.

Well, "your imagination" is "your world", and you are the undefeated "winner" in your world, of course! :notworthy:

But not many would buy it outside of your world, unfortunately! 8)

alias
24th August 2005, 08:05 PM
I dont know why Super Star is after Aish.. She looked -deleted- for Kajre Re Song in Bunty Aur bubly. I dont know whether she was suppose to look like that but she has lot that charm she had in Iruvar, Jeans and KK. I think there are so many good looking girls now in Bollywood like Tanushree Dutta (i think she is too young for SS but who cares), Priyanka, Lara (they would too tall for SS), Rani, Priety (too short for SS), Kareena (i dont know whether she will agree as she is busy with Shahid :-)).. so the best would be Namitha or Asin :lol:

stranger
24th August 2005, 08:10 PM
She looked extremely sharp and smart in the interview with CBS- 60-minutes. She would pair well with Rajni as she looks more matured. She is sure a good choice! :)

dinesh2002
24th August 2005, 09:51 PM
I dont know why Super Star is after Aish..
I think there are so many good looking girls now in Bollywood like Tanushree Dutta (i think she is too young for SS but who cares), Priyanka, Lara (they would too tall for SS), Rani, Priety (too short for SS), Kareena (i dont know whether she will agree as she is busy with Shahid :-)).. so the best would be Namitha or Asin :lol:

ohh please...Aish is way above those actress u mention above... she is taking many role now & BAB is one of the role(song) .... the actress u mention r cheap rate actress & Aish wil be the best....1st class actress...what more smart & humble....unlike those... :roll:

Nerd
24th August 2005, 10:59 PM

Rajni for a while had an eye on Aishwarya. I cant beleive still he has craze for this women. I think he should find someone who can match him (Ramya krishnan or Meena or Jothika or Kiran).

extremely funny that these words are coming from a KH fan :rotfl:

njv
25th August 2005, 12:19 AM
Well KH is open about things. He is not hiding his second wife in Bangalore. He has his 3rd life partner in his house. You need to be bold to do this. Also he is not begging for Aishwarya. He would do a good movie with Kovai Sarala than JOLLING aishwarya.

stranger
25th August 2005, 12:45 AM
well, guys, cool off and get back to topic! :)

This is an "absolutely no-tolerance" neighborhood. 8)

stranger
25th August 2005, 03:14 AM
AVM, Rajni, Shankar, ARR and Aishwarya!!!!

I never imagined even in my dreams that such a "combo" is ever going to "crystallize" out.

If it really happens for sure, then what happens?

* Even if the movie flunks, it would make a "collection history" in Tamil Cinema!

-------------------

maNirathnam did an amazing job using Rajni after he succeeded with kamalahasan in Nayagan.

* Can Shankar do the same?

* Does Shankar really know how to use Rajni's potential?

* Something better than Dalapathy or comparable with quality of Dalapathy???

Well, I dont see why not. 8)

MusicIsLife
25th August 2005, 09:59 AM
Every Director is supposed to have a movie for Super Star.. So Shankar is no exception, i expect him to have a screen-play/story for Super-star, hopefully he will not flunk, it will be a Shankar movie per-se, with Superstar highlighting it ( that is what i believe), after watching CM, Superstar seems to take the back-seat, but shine through the movie.. and I think that was the reason of magical success of CM.

k_vanan
25th August 2005, 10:42 AM
new movie

k_vanan
25th August 2005, 10:43 AM
sorry, Kamal new movie direct by KS Ravikumar music by ARR
Dhasavatharam

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 11:05 AM
so about Shankar's next..is all these factors confirm?
1.Aishwariya Rai
2.ARRahman

Rajini is DEF the hero rite?...anywayz...its something so diff to belive...the BEST comes together!! ARR-SHankar-Rajini-Aishu...if vairamuthu joins the team...i dunno what to say... :D

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 11:06 AM
sorry, Kamal new movie direct by KS Ravikumar music by ARR
Dhasavatharam

Set to score a perfect ten

What next? Catch Kamal Hasan in 10 different roles in "Dasavatharam". S. Shivkumar talks to the veteran actor

If there is a numerical equation to multiply entertainment, Kamal Hasan is all set to write it with "Dasavatharam". The multi-faceted veteran will portray ten different roles in a single film and this time we will see Kamal feeling quite at home with a perfect American accent too.

You would expect nothing less from the team that worked on "Avvai Shanmughi", "Tenali" and "Panchatantram". It is again at work here, and crafting the project, produced by `Oscar' V. Ravichandran, is director K.S. Ravikumar. Dialogues are by `Crazy' Mohan, interspersed with A. R. Rahman's overtures. Some of Sujata's contribution to the story will perk up the script.

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2005/08/25/stories/2005082501070100.htm

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 12:22 PM
[tscii:288c850a0a]It will be Rajini and Aishwarya Rai in Sivaji

Behindwoods
August 24, 2005

Now that we have the formal announcement that Rajini’s next film will be Sivaji under the AVM banner, interesting bits of news about the film keep cropping up. Within two days of the launch, the film did business worth Rupees Seventy crores. It has been decided that Rajini will receive twenty crores out of it. Besides, talks are on to romp in Aishwarya Rai as the heroine of the film. She had been approached for Baba, but could not do the film because of lack of dates. She has also evinced keen interest to act in a Tamil film after a gap of so many years. She could say yes quite soon. Watch out for more developments.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News27/24-8-05e/tamil-movies-news-rajini.html[/tscii:288c850a0a]

pirathib
25th August 2005, 12:51 PM
HEy check dis link....Its non other than the GREAT ARR.

http://www.dinamani.com/cinema/CineItems.asp?ID=DNC20050822114110&Title=Cinema+%\
2D+News&lTitle=%F9Nn%A7Ls

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 02:26 PM
pirathab...u not sad its bot by HJ?

ezy0265
25th August 2005, 04:21 PM
Dinesh2002 r u by any chance from Singapore?

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 04:34 PM
Dinesh2002 r u by any chance from Singapore?

nope pa..malaysia...y?

pirathib
25th August 2005, 04:46 PM
hahaha....no man im happy that it is A.R.Rahman...because our second genius Harris himself said that he doesnt like to work in mass hero projects...he rejected ayya when they talked that rajani gonna act in it....so he wont give his best when his heart is not in it...but Rahman gave the best rajani soundtrack in "muthu"...and with shankar and rajani he gonna rock...im happy when harris works with shankar again another time and give us another "Anniyan".

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 04:57 PM
well...im lucky ARRahman can provide music for small stars & big stars....i guess thats y he is ARRahman no? :wink: anywayz.....if u ask me....u must compose music for the story & situation & not for the hero or heroin.... duncha think? like ARR gave superb music for KKS ,which had new comers.... lets see if Shankar will go for harris again later...untill than.... i hope they change the tittle shivaji...sounds like an old movie :lol:

baba88
25th August 2005, 05:07 PM
Hello,

I am scared of this movie.
Rajini - Shankar - Arrahaman - Aishwarya Rai

The best of India is coming together.
If this movie releases all over the world then India will get a big BOOM !
(I hope that this movie will not be like JAGGUBHAI !)

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 05:13 PM
Hello,

I am scared of this movie.
Rajini - Shankar - Arrahaman - Aishwarya Rai

The best of India is coming together.
If this movie releases all over the world then India will get a big BOOM !
(I hope that this movie will not be like JAGGUBHAI !)

dun worry pa...it wont.....they sold the movie's right already....and im sure Shankar wont leave this good opportunity!!

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 05:23 PM
[tscii:e7f8ea5a49]lol :lol: can u belive...i didint know my thoughts actually hit Shankar's mind too :P:P

Shankar wants to stick to 'N' sentiment

Behindwoods
August 25, 2005

Shankar will be the director of Rajini’s next film, Sivaji. Since he is known as the big ticket director, he carries the

burden of high expectations. Shankar’s hit films have had titles ending with ‘N’ – Gentleman, Kadhalan, Mudhalvan, Indian and Anniyan. His other films like Jeans or Boyz did not do well. So, Shankar would prefer to have his lucky title. Therefore, we could soon have a new name for Sivaji.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News27/25-8-05/tamil-movies-news-shankar.html[/tscii:e7f8ea5a49]

TISK
25th August 2005, 05:37 PM
How about "SIVAN"!!!!
LOL!

MusicIsLife
25th August 2005, 06:28 PM
"Sivan"-> that was funny.. Siva is already a movie by rajani!!.. what has sentiments to do when there is a good story line that fits super-star (SS), we still live with these superstitions!!.

Again, i read that SS is going to take home 20 crores.. that is the most stupidest strategy just to take home 20 crores instead of a profit-sharing agreement. I guess SS will be doing that, i.e take home some profit-sharing (after seeing the success of CM).

When SS acts, it is a all-out SS movie. everything is secondary..

stranger
25th August 2005, 07:24 PM
I would say, it is stupidity but, some greatest achievers like Micheal Jordon are superstitious. They could achieve better by being superstitious, unfortunately!

imho, The name "shivaji" sounds so old-fashioned. No offense on greatest tamil actor shivaji who rests in peace.

My sixth sense tells me that there is going to be a change in name. :)

TISK
25th August 2005, 07:56 PM
People forget thatthis is out and out a RAJINI movie and everybody else pales to the second place!
I have said this many times and will say it again...one more time.
SS prefers just a one word title and doesn't care about how it starts nor how it ends.
So, I think that the name "SIVAAJI" will stay as it was 'sivaaji' who gave SS a hit after bAbA.
Rajini is also very sentimental and will definitely want to honor Sivaaji Sir.
Also, it is now 2:1 SS and AVM vs S and majority will win.
But, as Shakespere said, "what is in a name? a rose is a rose,no matter how you call it!"
It is our SS movie and name doesn't matter!
IT WILL BE SWEET!!

Cacaphonix
25th August 2005, 07:56 PM
well...im lucky ARRahman can provide music for small stars & big stars....i guess thats y he is ARRahman no?

hmm...not long back IR was criticised for taking up movies of all kind of heroes, all kind of directors, from great movies to dud. ARR was lauded to be pick and choosy only to work for great banner and that gives importance to HIS music so that quality is not compromised. Now people are happy that he is tuning music for every stars. He is now lauded as versatile genius.

Similarly somewhere I read something like "IR has to work with big banners only then one can see great output from him".

hmm...IR was once lauded as versatile MD now his junk output are defended saying that he is not working with great banners and great stars.

Samayaththukku thagundha maadhiri naama anudhaaba pattukka vEndiyadhu thaan.

our second genius Harris himself said that he doesnt like to work in mass hero projects

Second genius!!!! Just curious to know who is "your" first genius SAR or Deva?

alias
25th August 2005, 08:40 PM
Caco, ARR is not taking movies with all actors. He is still choosy. The only movie he has signed other than ZOK is Dasarvatharam, might be Shivaji. What else he has signed. He is still the same person he used to be during Roja. Man, he is an amazing person and look at the release of Maazhai, I am totally bowled over by his humbility. Like Abbas said to Superstar in Padaiyappa, I repeat the same sentences..."WHAT A MAN"

app_engine
25th August 2005, 10:57 PM
http://216.65.197.170/reporter/280805/pg1.php

Interviews by AVM Saravanan & Shankar...no info on MD though...

stranger
25th August 2005, 11:08 PM
Hey!

Could not read it as I am not subscribing Kumudam :cry:

Could you give the extract here? Thanks :)

Nerd
25th August 2005, 11:24 PM
I dont think that u need to be a paid subscriber to access kumudam online.. You just need an account. I have one, but I dont read that because of font problems.. I tried many times, but it is not working out :twisted: :twisted:

app_engine
25th August 2005, 11:28 PM
Stranger,
They are both shocked seeing the various reports coming in newspapers...especially about the sales figures...and AVM also says that owing to such rumours, they were forced to hurriedly talk to Prabhu & Ramkumar for using Sivaji name and then registered the title.

AVM also says their project Thirupathi is immediate priority and don't know when this big one will start and when it will come out. Shankar is supposed to have told a one-liner to Rajini and got his nod.

The guess by Kumudam on that one-liner is some pAtti kadhai to Rajini that there'll be 7 similar looking people in the world and based on that him going around the world to find the 6 others.

(BTW, Kumudam is not a pay-site, registration is free. You may need to download their font)

stranger
25th August 2005, 11:32 PM
kasi!

Are you sure?! :o

I can sort out the font problem easily if it does not cost me anything- that is all I care ! :lol:

Otherwise you may have to write a check for me to pay it off! :lol:

-----------

Thanks a_e for the extract and for confirming that K is not a pay-site as I presumed! :)

app_engine
25th August 2005, 11:32 PM
kasi_sce, download the font. That works. I too tried earlier, setting up the `user defined' encoding which wasn't working out.

Nerd
26th August 2005, 12:07 AM
Thanks a_e i ll try one more time :)

Stranger, I m damn sure. I dont want to write any checks atleast for a week coz it will sure, bounce back :lol:

Hail Rajini
Hail Shankar
Hail Shivaji :thumbsup:

njv
26th August 2005, 01:01 AM
Shankar is supposed to have told a one-liner to Rajini and got his nod.

Idhathaan naan appavae sonnaen. The main impression that Rajni got was from VV story [which is another one liner]. When KH toldhim the story he was impressed and wanted to do something similar. i posted this few days back in another topic (or may be the same one, dont know)

The guess by Kumudam on that one-liner is some pAtti kadhai to Rajini that there'll be 7 similar looking people in the world and based on that him going around the world to find the 6 others.

NO, its just a guess. Its a thriller, just like VV.

Movie will start next year and will be released durin Diwali 2006, along with Dasavatharam.

baba88
26th August 2005, 01:17 AM
This is the Story:

Rajini grows up with his Grandmother.
His Grandmother always tells him stories.
She tells him that all over the world seven people look the same. When Rajini is a man he remembers the story which his Grandmother told him. Then Rajini travels to all countries and searches the people who like him. All over the world he meets the seven people. All the seven people are different. They speak different languages, they different looks etc.

That's the storyline which Shankar told Rajini when they met to talk about this Project.

m_23_bayarea
26th August 2005, 02:00 AM
Sounds like "Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban" ....

Cacaphonix
26th August 2005, 02:57 AM
alias,

i was not talking about ARR or IR's priority. I was pointing out the fans defending their super MD.

stranger
26th August 2005, 03:04 AM
I dont want to write any checks atleast for a week coz it will sure, bounce back :lol:

Jeez, how did you lose all your money, Kasi???

Victim of "Enron"? huh? :lol:

--------------

Sounds like "Ulagam Sutrum Vaaliban" ....

bayarea!

oru "vingnAni murugan" pOthaathA?:notworthy:

yabbA! :)

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 08:14 AM
This is the Story:

She tells him that all over the world seven people look the same. When Rajini is a man he remembers the story which his Grandmother told him. Then Rajini travels to all countries and searches the people who like him. All over the world he meets the seven people. All the seven people are different. They speak different languages, they different looks etc.

That's the storyline which Shankar told Rajini when they met to talk about this Project.

if the story is gonna be like this..... i dunno what to say....avalavuthaan..... :wink: another average hit like Boys for shankar & BABA for Rajini :lol:

njv
26th August 2005, 08:42 AM
This is the Story:

baba, this must a ramanarayanan story. not shankar story.

kalnayak
26th August 2005, 10:59 AM
Dinesh2002, njv,

Ulagam Suttrum Valiban and so many other films ran superbly not for their stories. Shankar & Rajni summa vitruvaangala

inetk
26th August 2005, 11:19 AM
If this is the story, then its perfectly in line with Shankar's pattern of making one issue-based movie followed by a fun movie. The story does sound interesting for 2 reasons - it can portray Rajini in different places/ countries and two, Shankar can mount the film on a lavish scale, in his style. Both ways, sounds like a very interesting venture.

The strange thing is while Kamal might be doing 10 roles in Dasavathaaram, Rajini is likely to do 7 in this one - both perhaps releasing at the same year/ time!

Karthik
www.itwofs.com

ykrrajan
26th August 2005, 11:38 AM
Heard that there is a news in Vikatan that the magical combo of ARR-Shankar-Vairamuthu is confirmed for Sivaji. Can anybody confirm this ???

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 12:01 PM
Heard that there is a news in Vikatan that the magical combo of ARR-Shankar-Vairamuthu is confirmed for Sivaji. Can anybody confirm this ???

Hi guys,

It has been confirmed that the magical combo of ARR-Shankar-Vairamuthu will be back again for Sivaji as reported in the latest issue of the tamil magazine Anandhavikatan.

Hope it becomes true and we can sense that this combo will be back during the cassette release function of Aah Aaha when Shankar described ARR's music as layers of cake which has to be enjoyed slowly and gives surprises at every layer.

Its gonna be a musical mega movie.

thanks with regards,
Amin

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/54657

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 02:40 PM
Kamal in 10 different roles in Dasavadaaram

Kamal is all geared up to rock the film world with his 10 different roles for the film which is aptly named Dasavadaaram. After he finishes shooting for Vettayaadu Vilayaadu he will start working on Dasavadaaram. Kamal has himself taken care of the story. It is a matter of interest that the film Sivaji in which the super star is to act next has him performing 7 roles.

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=kamal26.txt

Eshwara.....pooche laa.. :shock: confim than that movie has that lousy story... :roll:

united07
26th August 2005, 03:19 PM
wow......if it is released during deepavali...
we will have 10 Kamal and 7 Rajni...
and if Rajni's movies collection superceeds Kamals...they will comeup with tag line like
"7 Rajni is stronger than 10 Kamal"

if both do well...they will say..
"10 Kamal = 7 Rajni!"

iswara.....vaanum mannum friendship aanathu unnal iswara....

coucou
26th August 2005, 04:35 PM
[tscii:5623e3f317]
Shankar wants to stick to 'N' sentiment

Behindwoods
August 25, 2005

Shankar will be the director of Rajini’s next film, Sivaji. Since he is known as the big ticket director, he carries the

burden of high expectations. Shankar’s hit films have had titles ending with ‘N’ – Gentleman, Kadhalan, Mudhalvan, Indian and Anniyan. His other films like Jeans or Boyz did not do well. So, Shankar would prefer to have his lucky title. Therefore, we could soon have a new name for Sivaji.

[/tscii:5623e3f317]

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 06:03 PM
yo guys...check out the wallapapers i did for ARR...both in same patern..but diff colour theme

http://rapidshare.de/files/4386696/Rahman_Walllpaper.JPG.html

http://rapidshare.de/files/4386717/Rahman_Wallpaper2.JPG.html

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 06:09 PM
[tscii:116605d9d5]Aishwarya And Rajini Together
By MIO Team
Aug 25, 2005, 05:43

You see Bollywood beauty and former Miss World Aishwarya Rai everywhere, in theatres, TV screen, down the red carpet and where not. And very soon, you will see her with none other than superstar Rajinikanth.

Hold your breath, the most beautiful woman in the world will be the heroine of Rajinikanth’s next film ‘Sivaji’. Ashwarya is busy doing Hollywood film at present but she has agreed to the film and is trying really hard to give suitable date for the film.

These two superstars can make you stop breathing- at least for a while and deliver all what you want. Super delivery!

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/2462/[/tscii:116605d9d5]

baba88
26th August 2005, 06:26 PM
A.R.Rahman is the Music Director and Vairamuthu will write the Lyrics !

Trisha is at Position 1 for the Heroine Place !

Check this HOT News from Anandha Vikatan !

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/518/0063ht.jpg

alias
26th August 2005, 07:09 PM
Wow excellent dude.... Thanks BABA...Un Vaiyukku Sakarai than poda vendum ...Sorry un viralukku modiram poda vendum :-)

stranger
26th August 2005, 08:43 PM
I really have bad feeling about this movie. You can never satisfy the expectations of people from such a combo. 8)

Well, let us see.

So, Aishwarya Rai as heroine is not confirmed as usual. I am tired of hearing this "gossip". I think she will turn down the Shankar's offer too. After all, she is not obligated to anybody including Shankar :)

rsubras
26th August 2005, 08:46 PM
kumudham carried different news

it said "vidyasagar might handle music score"

so still we are waiting with fingers crossed for the news to be confirmed

alias
26th August 2005, 09:11 PM
I dont think Shankar will accept VS since he has already rejected him during Mudalvan. Arjun was trying to promote VS for Mudalvan but SHankar rejected him. Shankar is very keen on taking back ARR. But who knows SS influence is above everyone :-)

I think neither Trisha or Aish will be heroine, it will be Jyothika or Asin.

TISK
27th August 2005, 03:19 AM
'All 'shankar' 'bunkar' will evaporate in front of SS!
Dont have high hopes on that!
It will be ultimately at SS' choice1

stranger
27th August 2005, 03:43 AM
Well, Rajni seems to have a very good relationship with Shankar and R will never poke his nose into director's business. So I think it is going to be Shankar's movie. I remember KSR was saying that Rajni never had been critical or oversuggestive but he should be. I believe, Rajni will leave the ball in Shankar's court fully. That is what he did with Manirathnam in Dhalapathy.

So, this is going to be a Shankar's movie. AVM Saravnan will push Shankar to expedite the process as he does not like doing 1-yr filming.

It is going to be interesting though. :)

Kumanan
27th August 2005, 04:28 AM
Shankar will explode under pressure! :lol: His past few movies(Anniyan, Boys IMHO) might not be that great but he is an honest perfectionist. If they are pretty serious about the short time frame, My guess is he will be annoyed and get out at 1/4th point of movie and KSR will take over and finish in the last couple of months.

BTW Rajini is very lucky he got a class director like Shankar instead of Vasu or KSR. And yes it will be a Shankar Movie and Rajini will be in it!(In a perspective of how the movie will be made and not in a way that some Rajini fans with 'SS' Syndrome will remember it.. :banghead:)

Cacaphonix
27th August 2005, 06:09 AM
Shankar perfectionist, class director...hmm what else?
:banghead:

paatti vada sutta kadha maadhiri orE kadha orE treatment aaana sudra vadaikku olive oil and that too should be imported from olive gardens of italy or france appadeengaramaadhiri high tech puLichchipOna masala vadai.

But for ARR music his later movies would not have seen even 10th day.

He will be annoyed and get out of the project if he is not given the money in dollars to drive down in drain, otherwise indha perfectionist-kku kOvam vandhudum, quarter cooked-aa vittuttu pOiduvaar. when the producer looks for the account already the quarter cooked would have digested 5 to 10 crores of rupees for nothing.
:lol:

njv
27th August 2005, 08:43 AM
'SS' Syndrome :banghead:)
:lol: 8) :D :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :roll: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :idea: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

dinesh2002
27th August 2005, 09:46 AM
just a small doubt...when aniyan music was a hit,y didint shankar just appoint harris for this project?? seems they can get along great according to shankar himself.... y?

Kumanan
27th August 2005, 10:22 AM
Cacaphonix,

I agree his stories didn't have much depth and had been rehashes recently, but as for the technical skills of a director he is still top notch, dont you think?? Anyway, I am not Shankar fan either but have respect for his involvement. I feel Balu Mahendra, Fazil, Mani Ratnam arebetter directors than hi-tech giants like Shankar.

njv
27th August 2005, 06:53 PM
Cacaphonix,

I agree his stories didn't have much depth and had been rehashes recently, but as for the technical skills of a director he is still top notch, dont you think?? Anyway, I am not Shankar fan either but have respect for his involvement. I feel Balu Mahendra, Fazil, Mani Ratnam arebetter directors than hi-tech giants like Shankar.

Yes, add Selvaragavan and Bala in the list.

Technical Skills -> Like what? GraphiX? I loved Ramayana and Mahabaratha serials as far as "technical skill" goes.

thops
27th August 2005, 07:51 PM
arent we all missing somebody in this MD equation ?? it is SPB..Rajni movie has to have SPB in it...So i think Raaja family is out...

dinesh2002
27th August 2005, 08:24 PM
Next: A world class studio in Chennai

You are one of the few from the southern film industry who have not only entered
Bollywood but
also gone global. What would you attribute your success to?

My approach was different. If I had done what others were doing, I would have
not made it in
Hindi films. Even abroad, they don't want another John Williams. They want a
different person
with a different appraoch.

Is there any bias in Bollywood against film personalities from the south?

I don't think so. I have never experienced any bias.

But you never made Mumbai your base.

I love working from Chennai and I have a network of musicians here. It makes my
job easy. I am
also in the process of setting up a recording studio in Chennai, which will be
world class and
the best in the country. It will be opened in a short time.

What are your forthcoming projects?

Currently, I am working on Shekar Kapur's Buddha. Besides, I'm working on Lord
of the Rings
musical, which will be opened the next year.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/arrahmanfans/message/54704

dinesh2002
27th August 2005, 08:29 PM
[tscii:f8d8cf219d]ITS CONFIRM !!!!

Shankar ropes in A R Rahman for Sivaji
Behindwoods
August 27, 2005

Shankar and A.R. Rahman have been a potent combination giving wonderful music for great films. All their seven projects together have been box office hits. In the recent Anniyan, Harris Jayaraj was the composer. Although the songs did well, the background score did not jell well with the movie and was not much appreciated by the audience. Therefore, Shankar is interested in bringing Rahman back with the Rajini film, Sivaji. Rahman has already scored music for Rajini’s Muthu, Padayappa and Baba. Since the songs of these films were chart toppers, Rajini is also keen that Rahman should compose the music for Sivaji.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News27/27-8-05/tamil-movies-news-arrahmanshankar.html

[/tscii:f8d8cf219d]

TISK
28th August 2005, 01:43 AM
Still speculation only!
Nothing is confirmed!

MusicIsLife
28th August 2005, 09:58 AM
As for as I am concerned, CM songs were good, especially SPB song thathinthom was really good. Again, it was not super hits, but pleasant hearing.

Anyways, when it is a Rajni movie, Rajni is first and then everything is secondary. I read a comment that "Raaja family is out".. I think it is a wrong statement, but all these days, Shankar's movies feel were different from Musical acumen of IR.

I dont think it will be fair to say IR cannot compose for a SS movie, but alas when push comes to play, if the movie needs to be completed in a short time, IR is a choice (not the only choice) and ARR is not, coz of his prior commitments.

After writing the comment, i think.. it would be interesting to see Shankar and IR work together!!

dinesh2002
28th August 2005, 01:36 PM
Rajini's Sivaji takes off
-27-08-2005
Rajini's films are a Diwali delight to fans, theatre owners, distributors and several others in the industry.

AVM Saravanan is the latest in the list to enjoy this happiness. With the media raking their brains, trying to collect information about Sivaji, Saravanan has revealed details.

While on the topic of Rajini & his new film Sivaji, even the mild Saravanan seemed to have borrowed some of the Super Star's dynamism.

"Rajini had come to enquire after my health recently. Though I had the secret wish to make another film with him, I did not openly say so. When I asked if he had any other commitment, he just came out with a one word reply NO."

"Later, when I called Rajini to inform him about the new film starring Ajith, he congratulated me and gave me a further pleasant shock. He wished to meet me at our studio. During that meeting, I put forth my wish to do a film with him. Rajini immediately said an OK. We then decided that Shankar would direct the film. Rajini was impressed with the one line story that Shankar had in mind. It was Shankar who came up with the title Sivaji. Rajini was thrilled with this title".

Saravanan was jubilant and said to think of that moment 'Nianithaale Inikirathu' - Wow, A Rajini film title used to celebrate the joy of Rajini's new film.

http://www.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/27082005-9.shtml

inetk
29th August 2005, 09:26 AM
http://www.dinakaran.com/daily/2005/Aug/29/cinema/CineNews1.html

Seems its indeed Rahman. But, till AVM/ Shankar says so, I don't think we could trust any other source!

united07
29th August 2005, 09:43 AM
Shankar top notch director in terms to technical!...
i don't think so!
he wastes the money, by
1) painting a whole kilometre or more of roads with gloss paint! - Anniyan!
2) build a whole new transparent bus - kaadhalan
3) hiring hundreds of extra's with a gladiotor like steel suit - Muthalvan
4) etc

i mean it looks good....but it's only for a song ...why waste money....the only technical briliance on him was seen in Jeans..when the twins were hugging each other....now that's something u need....

look at CSI, week-in week-out they do a lot better than Shankars graphics.......c'mon i know u wanted to be good...but put it to a good use....not for songs alone...

simple technical gizmo...was when the wording of the letter appears in the cloud in Kannatil Muttamittal!>...now...that deserves a WOW!

it's only MHO...please

reagan87
29th August 2005, 12:51 PM
Shankar top notch director in terms to technical!...
i don't think so!
he wastes the money, by
1) painting a whole kilometre or more of roads with gloss paint! - Anniyan!
2) build a whole new transparent bus - kaadhalan
3) hiring hundreds of extra's with a gladiotor like steel suit - Muthalvan
4) etc

i mean it looks good....but it's only for a song ...why waste money....the only technical briliance on him was seen in Jeans..when the twins were hugging each other....now that's something u need....

look at CSI, week-in week-out they do a lot better than Shankars graphics.......c'mon i know u wanted to be good...but put it to a good use....not for songs alone...

simple technical gizmo...was when the wording of the letter appears in the cloud in Kannatil Muttamittal!>...now...that deserves a WOW!

it's only MHO...please

I've got to agree with you 100% and its exceptionally true that why waste money for just songs and infact if it were to use for other brilliance then i'm sure it would be much better. But for songs ? Nah, i dont think it deserve that much!

Sanjeevi
29th August 2005, 12:51 PM
I am waiting for official confirmation and news.

Dinesh vera ethuvum link / news kidakkalaiya.....

dinesh2002
29th August 2005, 04:59 PM
[tscii:376caf5975]Shankar’s choice for Sivaji - A.R. Rehman

The combination of Shankar and A.R. Rehman has always turned out to be a success. All their seven projects have been box office hits. Though Harris was the music composer in Anniyan, the songs did not merge with the film and was not much of a success. Thus Shankar wants A.R. Rehman to be back in his films again. Rehman has been the music composer for Rajini’s Muthu, Padayappa and Baba. Since all these songs became great hits, Rajini is also keen that Rehman should be the music composer.
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=shan29.txt[/tscii:376caf5975]

interz
29th August 2005, 05:17 PM
sure baba was a big hit, we listened it all day long.:lol::lol:

dinesh2002
29th August 2005, 06:23 PM
sure baba was a big hit, we listened it all day long.:lol::lol:

BABA audio was a hit alright,the movie bombed & it drag the songs down with it.....

alias
29th August 2005, 09:04 PM
Dude, the songs of Baba was situational. I think for that movie the songs were way above the mark :lol: :rotfl:

Sanjeevi
29th August 2005, 10:00 PM
One of the reason of Baba's flop was songs :lol: :lol: :lol:

alias
29th August 2005, 10:37 PM
Else it would be a big hit right Sanjeevi :rotfl:

popeye11
29th August 2005, 11:46 PM
Absolutely!!!!!!!! i agree with you interz.. Babas Songs were a blockbuster.. It topped the charts !!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

stranger
30th August 2005, 12:07 AM
BABA audio was a hit alright,the movie bombed & it drag the songs down with it.....

I see what you mean, dinesh! 8)

stranger
30th August 2005, 01:48 AM
Shankar will explode under pressure! :lol: His past few movies(Anniyan, Boys IMHO) might not be that great but he is an honest perfectionist. If they are pretty serious about the short time frame, My guess is he will be annoyed and get out at 1/4th point of movie and KSR will take over and finish in the last couple of months.

Well, well, well, seems like someone is already started praying for the worst to happen. 8)

It is sure a "nightmare" for so many Rajni ill-wishers. It is fun to watch them coming up with "new theories"! :lol:

What to do? They can only pray for the worst. May the God bless everybody!

BTW Rajini is very lucky he got a class director like Shankar instead of Vasu or KSR.

That is sure a nightmare for so many! :lol:

BTW, it was Rajni who turned down the offer by Shankar when he was asked to act in Mudhalvan. In fact Shankar was in much better shape then than today

I think it is good opportunity for Shankar to regain his status! He was indeed "drowning" even after the claimed victory of Anniyan. Now AVM and Rajni help him out by giving a great opportunity to prove himself as "he is still good"8)

njv
30th August 2005, 02:29 AM
I think it is good opportunity for Shankar to regain his status! He was indeed "drowning" even after the claimed victory of Anniyan. Now AVM and Rajni help him out by giving a great opportunity to prove himself as "he is still good"8)

Yes, absolutely, Rajni is the saver of every body. ARR is at his low in his career that he decided to go with ARR for Sivaji. Aishwarya is at her worst possible phase in her career life, so he decided to have Aishwarya. Shankar is at his carreer worst, so he decide to give life to Shankar. VS was at his bad days when he gave CM. P Vasu had a terrible apthamithra opening, so Rajni gave him to direct the same movie with him, so that he can have a successful carreer.

If JJ didnt control VCD piracy in TN, there is no way ANY movie would have run for more than 50 days. Now Arindhum Ariyamalun ran for more than 75 days, with out any lead artists. Now Kana Kandaen is running for more than 100 days. The reason why Anniyan is running for 70 days is because of piracy control and nothing else. Kitcha Vayasu 16 ran for 3 weeks, so do you need more statistics than this?

stranger
30th August 2005, 02:52 AM
Yes, absolutely, Rajni is the saver of every body.

Of course he saved Prabhu and Ramkumar who were in debts. Now they made a fortune.

AVM was not in a good shape. it is Guhan who approached Rajni and asked whether he can do this movie.

Rajni is in much better shape than Shankar after the block-buster of CM.

Shankar has not even got "his promised salary" from Oscar Ravi. There were so many misunderstandings. Vikram was not paid good etiher.

AM rathnam and oscar do not want do to any movie with Shankar anymore.

Who else can take him?

Only Rajni's presence can gurantee the investment on "Shivaji". Nothing else!

Sure, Rajni is the savior whether you agree or not! 8)

stranger
30th August 2005, 03:20 AM
If JJ didnt control VCD piracy in TN, there is no way ANY movie would have run for more than 50 days.

BTW, it is her JOB.

She should have done that earlier than this and much better than this.

I still hear people watched CM and ANNIYAN in ILLEGAL vcds. So the piracy is not elimiated completely a YOU CLAIM until today.

Now, you talk as if JJ has done a great favor to everybody.

No wonder we are still "shining as a third-word country".

It is SAD people like you are SO IMPRESSED for someone doing HER JOB in order save HER own neck in the forthcoming election! 8)

interz
30th August 2005, 03:54 AM
did you forgot many movies ran well at theatres despite vcd problems, some producers just cant face the truth that their movies are vulgar crap, no one wanna see.

njv
30th August 2005, 05:10 AM
She should have done that earlier than this and much better than this.

I still hear people watched CM and ANNIYAN in ILLEGAL vcds. So the piracy is not elimiated completely a YOU CLAIM until today.

Notta chol solrathukku sila per irukkum pothu, JJ enna, Gandhiye PM aanalum namba naata kaapatha mudiyathu.

'Jay' Hind

Kumanan
30th August 2005, 07:53 AM
stranger..

Rajni help him out by giving a great opportunity to prove himself as "he is still good"

Hey that statement can make sense if the subject was ThankarPachaan! Not for Shankar!! Shankar is actually at his Career high now(Not by the substance he has, but with the two recent hits), with Anniyan and Kadhal(Produced by him) hit movies.

Rajini was chicken enough to choose Remake of a Remake as his come back movie! That too with pathetic lies of claiming the story was original!! He is just back! On the other hand Shankar is going good with two recent Box office hits. And who is giving chance for who! :huh:

Kumanan
30th August 2005, 08:02 AM
BTW if someone is called thalaivar in today's Cine Field it should be A R Rahman! For his humble, down to earth personality( I met him once), his achivements that span Countries, Genius at the same time hard working at his job, encouraging his co workers to become MDs themselves.. He might be in a different field, but an Idol for any youth today. :thumbsup:

jabarullah
30th August 2005, 09:49 AM
from yahoo... rajini fans

Hi frens,

I heard an interview from AVM Saravanan in our channel
oli 96.8.It was broadcasted 12am(today(monday) morning) to be
exact.The DJ who interview him was oli 96.8 dj Deepan. I was
surprised and excited as he talked abt Our Thalaivar's Shivaji.I
would like to share some impt news with u guys.The news we read in AV article
was more or less similar as he tallked abt our Thalaivar's older starting from
Murattu Kaalai to Ejamaan.He said that our Thalaivar has not changed a bit even
after huge success and he was still the same person AVM sir saw him in Murattu
Kaalai.He also said abt the no 9 sentiment our Thalaivar has(as AV article has
stated) and said that besides Thalaivar and Shankar and ARR, other
artistes, technicians, cameramen , etc ARE NOT FINALISED AS THEY ARE
WAITING FOR SHANKAR TO RETURN with the script.When asked abt the
story, AVM Saravanan said the one line was told ONLY to Thalaivar by
shankar and he do not know abt it at all and the 7 getups etc are all
false news.As for the rumours like the movie has been sold to etc etc amount, he
said they have not done any sales yet and even the salary for Thalaivar and
Shankar are not decided yet.He even said that he called the newspapers(some
popular names he mention which i never mention here) authors to ask why they are
publishing sooo much false news and creating the hype and the reply he got from
them was that the newspapers want to compete with each other to give better news
to the readers(probably to promote their newspapers sales.)He even said that the
beginning pooja date is still not confirmed in the first place, how can they
publish the movie release date in the
newspapers.He said don't believe the news.

When Thalaivar came to noe abt this, he called Saravanan sir and said
that leave this matter to rest, if not the issue might grow and there
will be no ending to it(creating more hype, giving false news) and he
also told Saravanan sir that he(Thalaivar) is quite used to such
things already.

Asked by the DJ whether vairamuthu will penned the songs he said it
has not be confirmed but he said any writers including vairamuthu
also can write the songs.

As for the release date, he said the movie is definitely not going to
be released next year april as the production house is releasing
their 167th movie that time and he said that Thalaivar's movie (168th)
will be releasing 2006 diwali or earlier but not on tamil new yr day.

Asked by the DJ, how the movie going to be,is it Thalaivar's movie,
Shankar's movie or combo movie, Saravanan sir said Shankar knows what
Thalaivar fans want from Thalaivar, so he will give Thalaivar's movie
and it will be remained in our hearts for a long long time.

Well this are the some of the facts which I wanted to share from the
interview.I tried to call Deepan(DJ) but the line was busy and most
of the people who call to request songs after the interview
appreciated it.I drop an email to him asking him if he could re
broadcast the interview on oli 96.8 on a prime time so that most of
us can hear again as yesterday's timing was not appropriate, most of
us might be sleeping as today is a working day.Well thats all for now
and if I remember any more facts from the interview, I will write
them in my next mail.If any of our frens heard the interview
yesterday, pls contribute some info which I have missed now.

Take care frens.

Endrum Thalaivar Rasigai
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxx

Thank you Kolam.

Hope our members would atleast now, stop comparing or imagining things of their
own.

Regards

DEEPA
for www.rajinifans.com

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

stranger
30th August 2005, 07:23 PM
stranger..

Rajni help him out by giving a great opportunity to prove himself as "he is still good"

Hey that statement can make sense if the subject was ThankarPachaan! Not for Shankar!! Shankar is actually at his Career high now(Not by the substance he has, but with the two recent hits), with Anniyan and Kadhal(Produced by him) hit movies.

You dont seem to understand the "hidden facts".

Everybody runs away from Shankar e.g. kunjumon, am rathnam and oscar, who could not survive for one movie.

Tell me why???

There is always a GREAT RISK hiring Shankar. It is never guaranteed that you will get back what you put in. Because of his "prolonged time-frame", the "interest" (kanthu vatti) will eat the producer alive.

Rajni helps out AVM and gives the guarantee. AVM know how much Rajni is worth. That is why AVM is dare to hire Shankar.

Otherwise nobody will dare to hire him because Shankar's biggest -ve point is he can never think "affordable" budget. 8)

Kumanan
30th August 2005, 08:41 PM
I do not of course understand the hidden "facts" inside your "imagination"! Sorry I am not a "BaBa" with Magical skills like flying a Kite without thread. :lol:

All these producets made lot of money with Shankar except may be for A.M.Ratnam. Noone is running away from Shankar, while AM Ratnam is too busy making his sons future, Kunjumon disappeared for different reasons. Oscar was too happy with the results of Anniyan. There is RISK in every movie being produced, and the producers are totally aware of it. The amount of risk might be different but there are BlackJack and Poker at the same time there are Slot Machines in Casino, isn't it?

TISK
30th August 2005, 08:58 PM
Friends,
Please look up one more time to read the title of this thread.---THE TITANS ARE COMING TOGETHER!!--
which only means to my 'siRRaRivu' that these three-RK, AVM and S- are already accepted as TITANS in their respective fields and there can be no dispute over this!!
So, move on!! Let us watch for how many other TITANS are going to be roped in this venture!

IEI!!!

stranger
30th August 2005, 09:02 PM
Well, then why does Oscar was accused of not paying "what he promised" to Shankar???? :roll:

if he made a big chunk of money???? :lol:

well, Kumanan, you seem to know too much about the success of anniyan.

Could you explain the following?

Anniyan was not even able to make 75 days in Sinthaamni and Sinipriya in madurai and it being dragged in Sugapriya-the smallest theatre.

anniyan is not as uccessful as it was claimed in Tamilnadu. it has ben removed in Sathyam complex before it hit 75 days. The movie is dead meat today.

Well, let me wait for kunjumon, am rathanam and oscar to do another movie eith Shankar. Until then your imagination is TOO MUCH unless you are OSCAR himself! :rotfl:

Nerd
30th August 2005, 10:11 PM
//Shankar is actually at his Career high now(Not by the substance he has, but with the two recent hits), with Anniyan and Kadhal(Produced by him) hit movies. //

Couldnt resist. Shankar on a carrer high?? That m*ron spends like crazy when he gets a stupid producer like Oscar, painting roads and mountains. But when a director approaches hiim with a sure-hit script, after much deliberation he will sanction 10% of what he spends to make a movie. Substance-wise as u hav said, he has literally lost everything. His only two good movies were GM and IN..

//Rajini was chicken enough to choose Remake of a Remake as his come back movie! That too with pathetic lies of claiming the story was original!! He is just back! On the other hand Shankar is going good with two recent Box office hits. And who is giving chance for who!//

Let him be a chicken.. even after spoiling the original screenplay, he is able to make it a better BO success than the two originals... That only HE can do..

Also, how can you give shankar the credit for Kadhal's success??? It was Balaji sakthivel all the way. So shankar after a super dooper flop boys, has salvaged some pride with the moderate success of Anniyan 8)

AVM is giving chance for Shankar, is the truth and rajini being nice, accepted the offer..

Kumanan
30th August 2005, 10:41 PM
Ok guys, we can go On and on and i think I will stop at this point per TISK's kind request. I do not know about Sinthamani and Soodamani theatres; In North america tamil theatres, Anniyan had repeated audience for a long time(In the places close by to me, it ran more than Chandramuhi). BTW i didn't like the movie except for Vikram's performance.

stranger
30th August 2005, 10:59 PM
In North america tamil theatres, Anniyan had repeated audience for a long time(In the places close by to me, it ran more than Chandramuhi).

Never heard of North America and "Tamil theatres" ! :lol:

All yours TISK and folks! :)

dinesh2002
30th August 2005, 11:06 PM
[tscii:9070e0f20f]Shankar Sees Success in Rehman
By MIO Team
Aug 30, 2005, 11:55

Printer friendly page

Shankar and A.R. Rehman are sure success pair. They have worked together in seven films. And all the projects were hits.

Shankar worked with music composer Harris Jayaraj for ‘Anniyan’ but it was not as big a success like his former works with Rehman were. So he wants A.R. Rehman back. And he trusts he would bring success again.

Rehman was also the music composer of Rajini’s hit films like ‘Muthu’, ‘Padaayappa’ and ‘Baba’. Now, he wants him to be the music composer of this film too.

No words to describe the feat of these two artistes. Great pair indeed.

© Copyright 2005 by MusicIndiaOnLine.com

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/n/i/tamil/2475/[/tscii:9070e0f20f]

app_engine
30th August 2005, 11:40 PM
http://216.65.197.170/kumudam/310805/pg4.php

kumudam guesses Vidayasagar as MD...

alias
31st August 2005, 12:01 AM
I think we can defintely believe kumudam. It says they are talking to Aishwarya and guess who... MALLIKA SHERAWAT (Murder heroine) and SS would love to work with Mallika Sherwat if Shankar is planning to take a soft porn movie :lol: and in the same league... VS-Shankar :lol:

Beside this look at the humbleness of our Super Star. I think apart from ARR in humbleness, SS is the Oake Oakadu....

http://www.idlebrain.com/news/functions/wedding-alluvenkatesh/alluvenkatesh264.html

Movies
31st August 2005, 12:58 AM
Lots of people with vaytherichal about the shankar and rajni combo it seems.......... and more people getting strokes hearing rahman could be part of the project......

Well......All the papers and most magazines in TN have reported that Rahman is the man but a final confirmation from rahman is being awaited.......

ARR Fans keep your fingers crossed........

Shankar has not lost his stuff..... and whoever said GM and Indian were his only good efforts... comeon..... each of his films had a trend.... and Why leave Muthalvan out of the talk?... Its prolly the best fiction movie in India... Shankar is Indias Top 5 director anyday!

And SS is not dependent on anyone for success..... As long as SS does not make his own script and does not bring in his himaya malai stuff into a movie the movie will make money!

And as someone pointed out... Anniyans been off sathyam soo early...I remeber Muthalvan being played in Sathyam till day 80.... Shows anniyan aint as magical as SIFy has been protraying....

A.ANAND
31st August 2005, 01:26 AM
DONT WORRY ABOUT KUMUDAM NEWS,ALL MEDIA SAYS MUSIC BY ARR..ITS CONFERM.BE HAPPAY WITH ARR-SHANKAR-RAJINI COMBO.YAHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO....

svaisn
31st August 2005, 09:09 AM
Why all this tension...
lets wait till they make an official announcement....

reagan87
31st August 2005, 07:49 PM
Official news are out and its confirmed Joshua Sridhar will be composing music for Shivaji!!!

coucou
31st August 2005, 08:42 PM
Official news are out and its confirmed Joshua Sridhar will be composing music for Shivaji!!!

is it ironic??? :)

stranger
31st August 2005, 08:53 PM

And the "reference" for your CLAIM is? :roll:

alias
31st August 2005, 09:35 PM
Yes JS will be composing from Tehar Jail :-)

reagan87
31st August 2005, 09:42 PM
How if its true ? :roll: I guess all cine fans would go crazy over his appointment. Can't wait for him to be appointed as Shivaji MD?

Movies
31st August 2005, 10:04 PM
If you think thats bad, imagine Dhena being the MD for Shivaji!

That would be totally cool!

And in my views HJ is inferior to Dheena!

reagan87
31st August 2005, 10:21 PM
Nah Dheena doesnt match Joshua Sridhar even a bit. You've got to agree Joshua is way much better than Dheena and even if he's appointed, we could expect some AR.Rahman stuffs.

Movies
1st September 2005, 02:05 AM
reagan ..... u lost my sarcasm amidst ur affection for joshua sridhar....

OFCOURSE JOSHUA is better than dheena...........

reagan87
1st September 2005, 09:54 AM
reagan ..... u lost my sarcasm amidst ur affection for joshua sridhar....

OFCOURSE JOSHUA is better than dheena...........

Ooopsss :D

Anyway, when are gonna hear the announcement of the other crews and staffs for the movie Shivaji? I've just got a gut feeling, its just a hype like Jakkubhai and therefore will be shelved soon! Might be a jinxed project indeed, without even a proper script at hand. Hmmm...i wonder why announcements without even confirming anything for the movie except for the AVM, Shankar & Rajini combo. Probably just to hype things at the moment

irfansong
1st September 2005, 11:22 AM
IR should do the music for the entire movie in Symphony and the sound track should be released all over the world. If the movie comes in English also, it would really be great!

If they are really concerned about the quality in music other than just catchy short term hit songs, then IR will be the best choice.

Has the heroine been finalized? I heard Shankar is trying Angelina Jolie...? :roll:

:P

svaisn
1st September 2005, 11:49 AM
Eppo than...

entha kelvikku ellam bathil kidiaikkumm....

When are they planning to announce??

united07
1st September 2005, 03:11 PM
[tscii:1207e5defa]Confirmed NEWS!..MD AR RAHMAN.......Heroine RANI MUKHERJEE!....
http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=raji01.txt

She has worked with Shankar before in Nayak (the remake of Muthalvan)

Rajini’s Sivaji - Heroine Rani Mukherjee

After the grand success of Chandramukhi, it was speculated as to what Rajini’s next film will be and who will direct his film. Now the news is that AVM will be producing Rajini’s next film and it is titled Sivaji. Shankar is the director of this film. There was confusion as to who would be Rajini’s pair and the other artists of this film. Rumours spread that Ash would be pairing up with Rajini, but her schedules did not match and hence she was ruled out from the heroines’ list. Now it is stated that Rani Mukherjee will be the heroine and her salary - 2 crore rupees. A.R. Rehman is the music director for this film. As this film is titled in Rajini’s original name, it appears that true incidents from Rajini’s life will form a major part of this film’s plot. It is also well known now that Super star will don seven distinct characters in this mega movie.

[/tscii:1207e5defa]

coucou
1st September 2005, 03:37 PM
[tscii:df598033da]
Rani, Rehman in Rajini’s Sivaji?
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, September 01, 2005]

Rajinikanth’s films are always synonymous with high expectations and grandeur. It is no different with his forthcoming film Sivaji which is all set to hit the floors soon.

Produced by AVM and directed by Shankar, Sivaji stars Rajinikanth in the lead role. It was rumored that Aishwarya Rai would play the heroine in the movie.

Though nothing official has been said about the rest of the cast and crew for the movie, sources in Kollywood say that Bollywood actress Rani Mukherjee would play Rajinikanth’s ladylove. A busy actress in Mumbai, Rani Mukherjee would be reportedly paid a huge remuneration.

Rani has been the most happening name in the filed today. Similarly it is also said that A R Rehman would score music for the movie.

It would mean Shankar and Rehman coming together after Boys

[/tscii:df598033da]

popeye11
1st September 2005, 09:20 PM
I agree with you irfan.. it would be awesome if this movie has a symphony oratario by the maestro IR.. Well lets wait for the official announcement about the crew!

njv
2nd September 2005, 12:02 AM
If they are really concerned about the quality in music other than just catchy short term hit songs, then IR will be the best choice.

irfansong, its a shankar movie. do you expect anything more than few pop songs!

Has the heroine been finalized? I heard Shankar is trying Angelina Jolie...? :roll:

:P

Eva Ava (tamilla padinga. Eva Avannu englishla padikkatheenga)

Kumanan
2nd September 2005, 12:38 AM
Has the heroine been finalized? I heard Shankar is trying Angelina Jolie...?

couldn't resist to imagine AJ singing to Rajini, 'Baba kichu kichu thaa'(Lyrics like in that song - make me karuppu, because you are karuppu & karuppu is so damn good & karupu than enaku pidicha coloru.....) ! :rotfl:

dinesh2002
2nd September 2005, 05:10 PM
Rajini sets the tone for Sivaji

Behindwoods
September 2, 2005

Rajinikanth is back from his Himalayan sojourn and started preparation for Sivaji. He has discussed his preferences

for the film with the director Shankar. Two of his important requests are, there should absolutely be no political comments in the dialogues and Aishwarya Rai should be the heroine. Shankar is known to be a director who can create fantasies. His films have a large canvas. Therefore, expectations are high this time as well. Rajinikanth would like an action-packed comedy after the somewhat serious Chandramukhi.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/News/News28/2-9-05/tamil-movies-news-rajini-sivaji.html

interz
2nd September 2005, 07:55 PM
man this is confusing, aishwarya rai or rani mukharji???

Movies
2nd September 2005, 08:33 PM
Guys,

Just a thought about this Mega combo...

Take this Imagining rahman is the MD and Rani is the heroine,

Shankar... atleast 1.5 crores salary .....
Rani ......atleast 1 crore....
Rahman......atleast 2 Crores.....
Rajni......solla vai venna.... lets imagine its gonna be 5

Now that comes to around 10 crores...

An average Tamil big budget movie is around 7 crores...

"Shivaji" before having shot a single scene the budget has exceeded 10 crores.... and with shakar at the chair.... WOW!

This movie is talking MONEY!

AVM has got the team of the century in TFm... something they deserve for being the prime producers!

dinesh2002
2nd September 2005, 08:41 PM
Guys,

Just a thought about this Mega combo...

Take this Imagining rahman is the MD and Rani is the heroine,

Shankar... atleast 1.5 crores salary .....
Rani ......atleast 1 crore....
Rahman......atleast 2 Crores.....
Rajni......solla vai venna.... lets imagine its gonna be 5

Now that comes to around 10 crores...

An average Tamil big budget movie is around 7 crores...

"Shivaji" before having shot a single scene the budget has exceeded 10 crores.... and with shakar at the chair.... WOW!

This movie is talking MONEY!

AVM has got the team of the century in TFm... something they deserve for being the prime producers!

ARR's sallary is only RS 75 lakhs...... its either 75lakhs or 1 crore only!!

baba88
2nd September 2005, 09:22 PM
Movies these are the correct prices:

rahman: 1 crore
shankar: 5 crores
rani: 2 crores
rajini: 25 crores

total: 33 crores

Movies
3rd September 2005, 12:09 AM
guys , rahman charges more than a crore!!!!!

I know for a fact he charges atleast 1.5 crores!

and shankar 5 crores is only a rumour.......

Only exception he has is mani ratnam , where rahman works at a really low price, but great output!

And 2 crores aint worth it for rani mukherjee... infact not worth it for any actress! But then.....what movies without heroines!

app_engine
3rd September 2005, 01:20 AM
pAththungO...IT dept. kAranga idhai nambi SS veettukku unnOru raidu adikkappOranga...

dinesh2002
3rd September 2005, 08:09 AM
guys , rahman charges more than a crore!!!!!

I know for a fact he charges atleast 1.5 crores!

and shankar 5 crores is only a rumour.......

Only exception he has is mani ratnam , where rahman works at a really low price, but great output!

And 2 crores aint worth it for rani mukherjee... infact not worth it for any actress! But then.....what movies without heroines!

no pa...im very sure he just charges 1 lakhs..not more...only for few movies he went more than 1 crore...other than that....75lakhs - 1 crore only..... this was mentioned in 1 website....cant remember the source though...but im very sure 1 lakhs...i think ARR charges lesser now = 75 lakhs!

Movies
3rd September 2005, 10:12 AM
LOL @ dinesh...... u seem confused with 1 lakh and 1 crore!... jus kiddin pal!

Well... im not sure about the websites but I am very positive about him charging more than 1 crore.... I think even a year ago, kumudam or AV carried such an article and cinesout had also had it..... but that aint my source.....

even harris is said to charge 50 by some sources..... so 75 for ARR is nothing by that standard...

Regardless.... Ive got my informative sources.... i hope you would take my words for granted , rather than pressing me for details mate!

Any way Who cares what he charges.... lets jus care about his music! The more he charges the more happy his kids wud be!