View Full Version : Music Directors Singging in Other Music Director's Songs

dinesh2002
24th August 2005, 09:02 AM
Discus it here...as i know

1.A.R.Rahman - MSV
2.Haris Jeyaraj - Ramesh Vinayagam
3.YSR - IR
4.KR - IR

can anyone complete my list.... as im quite blur about yesteryears composers in todays songs.... all im wondering :

When is this gonna happen :

1.ARR - IR,( a combo that everyone in tami sure will look foward)
YSR, HJ
2.Hj - ARR ( a combo that everyone in tami sure will look foward)
3.YSR - ARR

ezy0265
24th August 2005, 10:14 AM
Gangai Amaran has sang for Vithyasagar's first tamil film 'Nilaa Pennae'

buvana
24th August 2005, 01:12 PM
Never heard of Harris Jayraj sing himself... Has he ? He claims he is not a good singer ...

interz
24th August 2005, 04:16 PM
Deva has sung for Sirpi - nee thaan nee thaan onnan number from Uthavikku varalama

Deva has sung for Adhithyan - cant remember the movie or the song (anybod knows)

Athithyan has sung for Deva in Adimaisangili

Music director pravinmani has also sung for mds like Vidyasagar (London) and maybe harris jeyaraj or bharathwaj (any body knows which movies ??)

dinesh2002
24th August 2005, 04:26 PM
that reminds me....Pravin mani sang for ARR - Shakalaka Baby -Mudhalvan :D

app_engine
24th August 2005, 06:28 PM
Chandrabose sang for MSV (`Endi muththammA, Edhu punnagai' I think)

MSV sang for IR (thAi moogAmbigai - I think the song is also `thAyE moogAmbigE')

GA sang for IR (originally for the film 'oomai veyil', later the songs were bought by Manivannan for `ingEyum oru gangai' - `sOlai pushpangaLE' & `vadakkuththeru vaNNakkiLi')

genesis
24th August 2005, 07:25 PM
IR, MSV and SPB sing in SPB's music... Is not that unique?

Listen to "Natpu Natpu" song in "Unnai Saranadaindhen"...

coucou
24th August 2005, 08:07 PM
vidyasagar has already sing one song?

kamarajc
24th August 2005, 09:42 PM
1. Bavatharini has sung for Deva (Thudikindra Kaadhal - Naerukku Naer) and Sirpi (Apls malai kaatru - Thaedinaen vandhadhu). This is not a right example, because Bavatharini, Srinivas, SPB are all singers predominantly.

2. Karthikraja sang for Vidyasagar in Sathurangam. But the audio released show no signs.

3. Vidyasagar and Adithyan sang for S A Rajkumar (Oh pyaari - Poove Unakkaaga)

alias
24th August 2005, 11:47 PM
kamarajc, Are u sure that Vidyasagar and Adithyan sang the O Pyaari Bombaykari? I think it is Vijay himself.

interz
25th August 2005, 03:44 PM
adhithyan was surely one of the singers in oh pyari.

dinesh2002
25th August 2005, 05:18 PM
[tscii:c8afeabbbb]Rehman, Illayaraja together?

Thiruvasagam has taken Illayaraja to the top. He is now busy again with films. He has completed Dhanush’s Adhu oru Kanakkalam and is now working on Kasturimaan in Tamil. There are rumours doing the rounds that the Maestro and A.R. Rehman may join hands together in composing music for a film. If this comes true, then it will be one of the greatest events in Kollywood ever and will surely create music in the cash registers!

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/livewire/livewire.asp?n=rehman25.txt[/tscii:c8afeabbbb]

dinesh2002
26th August 2005, 08:32 AM
since the thread & my message is about music directors...read it...a good joke... :lol: down Ismail!! :wink: vijayr posted in an unnoticed thread in ARR's forum...so im here publictiying it.... 8)

War of the music composers, literally

Subhash K Jha | August 22, 2005 14:58 IST

The temperature on Zee TV's talent-scouting contest Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge has been rising by the week, what with the judges -- Himesh Reshmmiya, Jatin, Lalit, Aadesh Shrivastava and Ismail Durbar -- forming their own caucus of favourite students, or gharanas, as they were politely called.

But politeness was thrown to the winds during the shooting of the popular show when two of the judges lost their cool and hurled abuses, as viewers -- including producer Gajendra Singh -- gazed in horror.

"The confrontation with Ismail Durbar had been building up ever since we started judging Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Challenge," says Shrivastava. "His (Durbar's)attitude is high-handed and arrogant and unacceptable to the other judges. He has no respect for anyone, not even for those boys and girls who come from far-flung places like Assam and Manipur with dreams of becoming singers. Ismail addresses them so rudely on camera, contestants are reduced to tears. I told him to be more considerate. But he's beyond reason," he adds.

The flashpoint reached two weeks ago during the last stint of the show's recording when Durbar made fun of Shrivastava's knowledge of classical music.

"He implied that he was the master of the ragas while Himesh, Jatin, Lalit and me were just novices who knew nothing about classical music. He forgets I'm from a musical family. I've used classically trained voices like Richa Sharma and Hema Sardesai, and used ragas in my tunes whenever possible. When Ismail made snide references to my abilities, I couldn't take it any more. I ticked him off good and proper. We'd have probably gone further in our fight but I don't come from the same background as he does. I held my peace. But we decided we would not sit on the same platform as Ismail Durbar. Thank god the camera wasn't on when this happened.

"I felt he insulted (flautist) Pandit Hari Prasad Chaurasia when he commented about one of his (Chaurasia's) disciples, 'Yeh sab ki bansuri bajaa dega.' Wasn't that a dig at the famous flautist? Ismail is always making such comments. His war cry, 'Yalgaar!' (attack) makes him sound like a padosi from the neighbouring mulk. I told him that. And what are his credentials? He played the violin in the third row of Jatin-Lalit's orchestra before Sanjay Leela Bhansali discovered him. His only claim to fame is Bhansali's Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam and Devdas. The worst mistake he made was to fight with Bhansali, his mentor. All his other scores have failed miserably. He bragged that he discovered Shreya Ghosal when everyone knows it's Bhansali who found her."

Aadesh is unsure about returning to judge Sa Re Ga Ma Challenge. "I have other commitments. I'm supposed to sing my own composition based on the Vedas at the opening of the Berlin Film Festival on September 21. I can't be frittering away time in fighting over lost causes. I believe in the power of a music contest like Sa Re Ga Ma to foster new singing talent for our film industry. In fact, I'm using two contestants from the show -- Himani from Faizabad and Rajiv from Chamba -- to perform a thumri in Kalpana Lajmi's Chingari. Though the soundtrack is done, I felt it wasn't complete without a thumri."

http://us.rediff.com/movies/2005/aug/22aadesh.htm

Saagar
29th August 2005, 01:11 AM
Some more:

IR has also sung for Tomin J Thachankary in a Malayalam Album ChikCham Chirakady (in 1994).

IR has sung for Sirpy in some movie (read somewhere).

Jasie Gift has sung for Harris Jayaraj (Anniyan) & Devisri prasad (Mazhai).

Shankar Mahadevan is singing for most of the MD's

S.Balaji
2nd September 2005, 05:23 PM
[tscii:144149378d]MSV sang for the following MDs :

1.Unnakenna kkuraichal nee oru raja – V.Kumar- Velli Vizha
2.Allalakanda – ARR – Sangamam

Gangai – Sollai pushpangalay – IR

Chandrabose – Endee Muthammaa – Aaru pushpangal – MSV

Ofcourse – SPB as a MD ??!! – FOR ALL MDs…

[/tscii:144149378d]

interz
2nd September 2005, 07:45 PM
jassie gift has sung for sirpy in kodambakkam

united07
5th September 2005, 10:53 AM
Jassie Gift for Dhina in Sachien!...

Sachienis by Dhina rite?...

yvsmani
5th September 2005, 01:28 PM
united :
sachien is by devisriprasad
thiruppachchi by dhina

kingvj
6th September 2005, 12:02 AM
Deva has sung for Bharadwaj in 'Kaadhal Mannan'... 'Maarimuthu Maarimuthu nillappaa...'

Saagar
6th September 2005, 01:09 AM
MSV For IR in Yaathramozhi

rajdes
6th September 2005, 05:16 PM
"He forgets I'm from a musical family. I've used classically trained voices like Richa Sharma and Hema Sardesai, and used ragas in my tunes whenever possible"

This statement from Aadesh Srivatsava proves how stupid Hindi heartland composers are when it comes to understanding music, let alone composing music.

Classically trained voices use panninaaram - adhanaala avar song classical song-aam. LOL

"used ragas in my tunes whenever possible" - ROTFL :-)

interz
7th September 2005, 08:22 PM
aslam mustafa - the music director of mitta mirasu has sung samba samba (lovebirds), kalluri saalai (kaathal desham) for rahman maybe he has sung more for rahman i dont remember the other songs though.

buvana
12th September 2005, 01:59 PM
Aslam Mustafa has sung for ARR in Unmai Kelaai song from Desam (pl lend ur ears to this song if not yet.. it is that good). Further, Devisri Prasad and Chakri (MDs of Telugu music world) have sung for Harris Jayaraj in Prema Chadurangam (Chellame) telugu movie.