PDA

View Full Version : NAIVEDHYAM (Hemant's Cookery Corner)

Pages : 1 2 [3]

NOV
31st March 2012, 08:35 AM
lovely... pls post pics and video here! :)

dev
31st March 2012, 09:57 AM
Congrats and all the best Uncle!!!...:D

Hemant Trivedi
3rd April 2012, 04:48 PM
Friends,

Herez the link to the video taken just before the even started.

http://youtu.be/OLZhSVTZgow

Hemant Trivedi

kugan98
3rd April 2012, 09:25 PM
Thanks uncle for the video, you are missing there.
Kugan

Hemant Trivedi
24th January 2013, 10:41 AM
Dear friends,

It is less than one year since I last posted here with my product video.

The great news is that I am now heading a corporation specifically connected with manufacturing Indian curries, Spice mixes, foods, and Indian breads like Rotis, Parathas,Tandoori Nans and pickles, Idli dosa, Pesarattu, Adai , Uthappam batters and almost anything to do with food.
It is a Million Dollar project and I am thrilled that I am heading it.

I have to thank Mayyam.com as the chief reason to have made me into one of the most successful member in food section.
I will post my success story in days to come.

Thanks

Hemant

sudha india
24th January 2013, 04:08 PM
Congratulations and wishing you all the very best....
It was very delicious to read your words !

NOV
24th January 2013, 05:16 PM
Congratulations!
Give us your weblink, so that US Hubbers can benefit from it! :D

Hemant Trivedi
1st February 2013, 03:59 AM
Thank you all.

April is the cut off month to kick start the production.
I will post the video when we start.
The website is under construction.

I will keep you all posted.

HT

Hemant Trivedi
7th August 2013, 09:57 AM
The production started on 1st August.

Another good news.

I become first full fledged Indian chef. I am attached to Texas Chef's Association..
All credit goes to Mayyam.com Had they not encouraged me and Had Sara and Mini not made my website , I would not be reaching these heights.
I have been made Vice President of GHF LLC.

Thank you guys.

Chef Hemant Iyer

sudha india
7th August 2013, 05:28 PM
Congratulations Hemant sir. Wishing you a f(l)avourable journey in your new position.

kugan98
7th August 2013, 10:26 PM
Congratulations and wishing you all the very best uncle.
Take care, Kugan

Hemant Trivedi
13th August 2013, 05:59 AM
Friends,

I introduced,

Chicken xacuti Masala
Saoji chicken Masala
Chhole Masala
Pesarattu
Adai,
Madras Curry powder recently for bulk manufacturing. I will be introducing Pav Bhajio masala tomorrow.

NOV
13th August 2013, 06:17 AM
Photos?

Hemant Trivedi
13th August 2013, 10:13 AM
I have them in huge 40 quarts braziers. ( Simmer sauces/Gravy) and powders in bulk containers. However, I can take snaps and post.

Hemant Trivedi
21st August 2013, 03:42 PM
MARETTI MOGGU

Friends,

At last my 10 year or may be 15 year search, chase for elusive Maretti Moggu identity has come to an end.
I discovered that Maretti Moggu belongs to Kapok Silk Cotton Tree.

"quote,
Kapok Buds are nothing but Marathi Moggu. These are dried buds and fruits from the Kapok tree or Silk Cotton tree. “Marathi Moggu” is one term which is quite contradictory, as this is a native of Karnataka. Some search results revealed it as a type of caper, but the pictures doens’t match. Net was helpful to some extent but very confusing and somehow convinced with the selection based on the pictures under wiki. Again not a 100% sure but quite positive that it could be the closest. These are the buds from silk cotton trees or Kapok. Flower buds are dried and used as spices and in some cases the fruit is dried and used too.
English ~~ Dried Kapok buds
Tamil ~~ Ilavu, Puulaa, Mullilavu
Hindi ~~ Shalmali, Semul
Kannada ~~ Marathi Moggu
Telugu ~~ Tella Buruga
Malayalam ~~ Appakuttaka, Parappoola, Parapanni.

Marathi Moggu

Now I can Die/Rest in Peace.

chef Hemant Iyer.

Hemant Trivedi
3rd March 2014, 04:45 PM
Dear Hubbers,

Due to the nature of my work, I was away from my first love...Forum Hub.
But I could never be away for ever. Love, encouragement that I have received here is unsurpassed. My surfing the food net over 12 or 14 years back (I forgot how long back it was)
landed me in Forum Hub by chance and it literally shaped my life in the USA.

It is a time for me to give back to Forum Hub and Hubbers.

I have gained immense experience in the last ten years in the field of food and I can help people from correct method of cooking to chemistry, miocrobiology of food to action of spices chemically on food to selecting correct utensils for cooking any type of food.

My expertise is not limited to vegetarian food alone.You may also ask me about different country's cuisine and I will answer your quarries.
I invite people to seek help on any topic related to food and I will help them out.
So go ahead and post please.

NOV
3rd March 2014, 07:03 PM
http://www.imagesbuddy.com/images/104/2013/08/welcome-back-we-missed-up.gif

Hemant Trivedi
3rd March 2014, 07:28 PM
Thanks Pa,

Now I feel really at home. Waiting for PP Madam and other old timers .
I hope people will start discussions on finer points of cooking and other related things.

Hemant Trivedi
7th March 2014, 05:24 AM
It seems that mostof the participants have found You Tube to be a great help in cooking.
But I have been studying , watching You Tube videos on cooking and have found that some of the most horrible of recipes have been posted there for
simple recipes of common dishes .
Have you ever heard of Rasam with a lot of spices, Onion and Mint ?
Have you heard of Sambar with Garam Masala ?

Have you heard of Korma without Coconut or Cashew ot Almond or Poppey seeds paste ?

I have witnessed such videos for the last five years and I watch daily.
There is nothing like one to one discussion about a recipe as we discuss on FH.

chevy
7th March 2014, 11:13 AM
Such a coincidence that you've mentioned about the misleading recipes internet has. I've learned some stuff from the internet through trial and error and i wanted to start a new thread to post pics of food I've tried that have come out well. Then I left it, Seems like there s hardly any activity in the hub in the food,stories, etc forums.

Hemant Trivedi
7th March 2014, 04:53 PM
Chevy,

People who follow YouTube do not understand that it is a one way medium to learn a recipe.
Video poster/video cook/video chef posts the recipe video and in most of the cases, do not care if that recipe is correct or authentic .
It is left to the viewer to cook and find out. If something goes wrong, your comment on such videos are rarely replied to and if you post adverse comments, you are banned immediately.

I have questioned such bogus posters and found that I am banned immediately.
Whereas here on Forum Hub and similar portals, you are continuosly in touch with the recipe presenter and they are ready to discuss in detail with you.

I have met on internet many many US settled expat girls who literally learned to cook reading my recipes posted on Forum Hub.
One lady I met personally here in Austin and when I said my name is Hemant Trivedi, she literally jumped with joy...(she came to US at 26 age and was in now early forties) She said are you the same Hemant Uncle who taught me how to cook through Forum Hub ??

Nothing gives you more satisfaction than such encounters.
I would love to pass on my experience here .
Go ahead and start a discussion.

Hemant Trivedi
7th March 2014, 04:54 PM
Chevy,

People who follow YouTube do not understand that it is a one way medium to learn a recipe.
Video poster/video cook/video chef posts the recipe video and in most of the cases, do not care if that recipe is correct or authentic .
It is left to the viewer to cook and find out. If something goes wrong, your comment on such videos are rarely replied to and if you post adverse comments, you are banned immediately.

Whereas here on Forum Hub and similar portals, you are continuosly in touch with the recipe presenter and they are ready to discuss in detail with you.

I have met on internet many many US settled expat girls who literally learned to cook reading my recipes posted on Forum Hub.
One lady I met personally here in Austin and when I said my name is Hemant Trivedi, she literally jumped with joy...(she came to US at 26 age and was in now early forties) She said are you the same Hemant Uncle who taught me how to cook through Forum Hub ??

Hemant Trivedi
8th March 2014, 07:11 PM
CHEVY,

I have been crawling You Tube watching the videos posted by God Knows who and How people. This is my job . I find people who can light up a gas and add ingredients and if they have a smart phone or a video camera, they start posting recipes left right and center.
I intend bringing such mediocre to attention of hubbers and make them see value of discussing the recipes as before where there is personal interaction.

Hemant Trivedi
6th April 2014, 06:13 PM
DearRR and Dear Nov.
Looks like people have simply switched over to blogs and You Tube.
We are trying to flog a dead horse.

HT

chevy
20th April 2014, 01:15 AM
Sir, Thanks a lot for replying to me. that would have been awesome to be recognized by someone you're just meeting. wold be great.
I didn't check the hub at all for some days! Yes, I completely agree with you. Im not 26 or married yet, but Im self taught in d food front, also completely through websites. (If you'd like to see, a few snaps on my photoblog - http://360degreeview.wordpress.com/)

Studies, work , life keeps us busy so with the little time we have for trying something out, I hate to be mislead by a blog with great photography but a recipe that was wrong by principle. And I hate to see food being wasted. Especially when I specifically bought ingredients to make something new. In delicate work like sweets/snacks, I've had my share of failures by being misguided blogs with great photography. Of course there is a learning curve/experience, but some have been misleading by instruction/ingredient itself.

Although everything I've learned is through reading and watching online, I do keep a record of "tried and tested" stuff w/comments on how to maximize the output/adjust taste/save time/freeze for longer. everything. Some I just have to scratch out and put an angry smiley next to it.

Food threads on forums, the lack of activity /replies can be demotivating for me.

Chevy,

Hemant Trivedi
22nd April 2014, 07:31 AM
Chevy ,

Thanks for replying to my post.
Cooking is a very serious form of art. There is no room for mistakes.
After posting the above in March, I was a bit disappointed as people simply do not understandthat Video recipes have been presented after many cuts and joints.
In one video of so called famous chef, the Chicken Tikka came out very drab looking ..but if you see the post snap of the same, it is bright and wonderful picture.
I asked the chef why he had put such misleading picture, he banned me.

I understand how you must be feeling when you found the recipe you were following as a dud recipe.

Go ahead and let us start some recipe dialogue.

I have found that over here , there has been no discussion about some of the most flavourful recipes from Kolhapur Maharashtra region.
This is Saoji cuisine .
If you are interested, I will post a Pandhara Rasa ( White chicken/mutton curry recipe.
Over here in USA, This recipe has been loved by Americans.

chevy
22nd April 2014, 09:45 PM
oh I am a vegetarian (but i do eat egg when no one is looking, JK) :P ! would love to learn maharastrian dishes.

i love khandvi / surali role? (is that gujarathi or maharastrian). wud really like to learn .

also, nankhatai on thetawa the way they may it on a raydee (not in the oven)

Chevy ,

Thanks for replying to my post.
Cooking is a very serious form of art. There is no room for mistakes.
After posting the above in March, I was a bit disappointed as people simply do not understandthat Video recipes have been presented after many cuts and joints.
In one video of so called famous chef, the Chicken Tikka came out very drab looking ..but if you see the post snap of the same, it is bright and wonderful picture.
I asked the chef why he had put such misleading picture, he banned me.

I understand how you must be feeling when you found the recipe you were following as a dud recipe.

Go ahead and let us start some recipe dialogue.

I have found that over here , there has been no discussion about some of the most flavourful recipes from Kolhapur Maharashtra region.
This is Saoji cuisine .
If you are interested, I will post a Pandhara Rasa ( White chicken/mutton curry recipe.
Over here in USA, This recipe has been loved by Americans.

Hemant Trivedi
6th May 2014, 07:57 PM
With the cities becoming more and more cosmopolitan and with bulk of migration that is happening in India due to IT and other work, population profile in all the major cities have changed all over India.
Food culture also has taken a facelift all over India.
In Mumbai you will find that our simple Dosai has been reborn as " Manchurian Dosai" or BhelPuri Dosai" or Cheese Dosai" or Mexican Dosai.
Madras too has its own share of adaptation and evolution on food scene.
So it is fitting that I bring some of the very famous North Indian or Mexican or for that matter Korean dishes here for foodies and cooking enthusiasts to experiment .
In this series that I am starting shortly, you will find dishes that you normally would not have come across since they are from food culture beyond our Boundaries.
I will be introducing 'SAOJI CUISINE" which is typically different from rest of the Indian cuisine . It is just like Chettinadu type different from the rest of Kongunadu
cuisine .
Saojis or SAVJIS primarily belong to silk weaving industry . They are said to have migrated from Patan some 1500 to 1200 years ago to south in Maharashtra and then to Andhra and Tamilnadu.
Presently we will be talking about Saoji cuisine of Maharashtra.Their treatment of Spices and gravy is different and the food is hot to very hot.

There are couple of recipes that I love most are Pandra Rassa and Saoji chicken" there are couple of more recipes which I will deal with in days to come.
Tomorrow I will post Saoji Chicken recipe.

chevy
8th September 2014, 05:36 PM
Hi Sir !! I'd like to PM you just some questions for my article of culinary history! Do check your PM.

With the cities becoming more and more cosmopolitan and with bulk of migration that is happening in India due to IT and other work, population profile in all the major cities have changed all over India.
Food culture also has taken a facelift all over India.
In Mumbai you will find that our simple Dosai has been reborn as " Manchurian Dosai" or BhelPuri Dosai" or Cheese Dosai" or Mexican Dosai.
Madras too has its own share of adaptation and evolution on food scene.
So it is fitting that I bring some of the very famous North Indian or Mexican or for that matter Korean dishes here for foodies and cooking enthusiasts to experiment .
In this series that I am starting shortly, you will find dishes that you normally would not have come across since they are from food culture beyond our Boundaries.
I will be introducing 'SAOJI CUISINE" which is typically different from rest of the Indian cuisine . It is just like Chettinadu type different from the rest of Kongunadu
cuisine .
Saojis or SAVJIS primarily belong to silk weaving industry . They are said to have migrated from Patan some 1500 to 1200 years ago to south in Maharashtra and then to Andhra and Tamilnadu.
Presently we will be talking about Saoji cuisine of Maharashtra.Their treatment of Spices and gravy is different and the food is hot to very hot.

There are couple of recipes that I love most are Pandra Rassa and Saoji chicken" there are couple of more recipes which I will deal with in days to come.
Tomorrow I will post Saoji Chicken recipe.

Hemant Trivedi
2nd June 2015, 03:07 PM
Dear Hubbers,

In 2012, I had started Idli Batter making in a small mixi and in 2 years, my company (I am the VP there) has become largest manufacturer of Idli, Dosa, Adai, Pesrattu batters in South central US.

I make almost 1 ton of batter per day.

This info was to just keep you posted with latest news on what I am doing.

NOV
2nd June 2015, 06:18 PM
http://i.123g.us/c/congrats_businessandworkplace/card/102340.gif

can you post some photos of your business? :)

Hemant Trivedi
4th June 2015, 03:10 PM
Dear Dov,

I have photographs but they contain my client's address .
But I will post my snap with my wet grinders standing in two lines....!!

Thanks for encouragement.

Chef Hemant Iyer.

pavalamani pragasam
4th June 2015, 10:03 PM
All the best, HT!

Hemant Trivedi
18th August 2015, 10:52 PM
My dear Hubbers,

I am just a small distance away from becoming the biggest manufacturer of Idli, Dosa, Adai, Pesarattu, Dhokla and Spicy batters in USA.

A journey which started from our own FORUM HUB has reached its Zenith.

Thanks for all the kind support and encouragement given to me by all Hubbers.