26th August 2005, 06:57 PM
hi all

dev
26th August 2005, 07:09 PM
?????...couldn't understand what the poll is all abt!!!!... :roll:

lav_siva
26th August 2005, 07:41 PM
hi all

I would like to present some recipes that i collected from magazines and some of mine and some other from great chefs like damo's , revathy sanmugam. So lets start.

Before that i would like to wish u all a HAPPY SRI KRISHNA JAYANTHI

lav_siva
26th August 2005, 07:54 PM
REDCHILLI CHICKEN FRY

INGREDIENTS:

chicken : 1/2 kg
onion : 150 grms [CHOPPED FINELY]
red chilly : 10 [seed has to be removed]
ginger and garlic paste ' 2 tsp
turmeric power - 1/2 tsp
dhaniya poweder - 3 tsp
patta : 2
soombu : 1/2 tsp
curry leaves : little
pepper : 1/2 tsp
lavangam : 2
tomato : 100 grm
green chilli : 1
oil : 5 tsp
salt : to taste

PREPARATION :

Take the redchilli and remove the seeds

Take the vessel add 4-5 spoon of oil and put patta, lavangam, sombu, pepper and fry well

then add the curry leaves, onion and fry for 2 mins and add ginger and garlic paste and fry well.

Now add the red chillis and fry well

Now put the tomato ( squece while adding the tomato). Mix well and keep the stove in sim

Add turmeric powder, and dhaniya powder and frey well till the smell goes

{If more spice is needed then add one green chilli and fry if not we need not add green chillli}

now add the chicken piecies and mix well

Then add some salt and sprinkle some water. Mix well and wait till chicken is cooked. It should come dry.

Put some coriander leaves and serve hot with rice.

It will really taste good. I have already tried this. U too try this and give me the feedback

lavanya[/b]

lav_siva
26th August 2005, 07:58 PM
hi dev

i have posted a recipe, do try this and give ur feedback

lavanya

dev
26th August 2005, 08:07 PM
Hi Lavanya,

I've already tried this recipe... I guess it's Chef Damodharan's recipe... This is very tasty even when made as a soup... Just add more water to it & cook for 30 mins or so...Only variation is that I omit patta,lavang & add chopped gin & gar instead of the paste...This makes it less spicier...

Suja Rajkumar
26th August 2005, 08:51 PM
[tscii:14fb4d2083]Hi all,
This recipe is from Revathy Shanmugam. Lavanya I hope it is O.K to post. :)

Aloo chicken
Ingredients
Chicken drumsticks- 4
Potatoes - 1
Ginger garlic paste- 2tsp
Chilli pwdr 2 tsp
Turmeric- little
Cornstarch 1tbsp
Oil to deep fry
Egg 1

Method

•Clean the chicken. In half a glass of water, mix G&G paste, chilli pwdr, turmeric and salt. Mix it with the chicken, and boil it till the water evaporates.
•Grate potatoes finely. Rinse it in water, and squeeze out the water, and dry. Mix cornstarch with it.
•Beat egg till frothy, and add the cooked chicken to it. Roll it in the potato mixture, and deep fry.

Regards,
Suja Rajkumar
[/tscii:14fb4d2083]

lav_siva
26th August 2005, 09:28 PM
hi dev

What u told is correct. It is damo's recipe. As u said it really tasted very good.

lavanya

kavithasenthil
27th August 2005, 06:00 AM
Hi,
r u guys posting just a recipe from the collection or they r tested and tasted? if its tested and tasted then this thread will be a good thread for starters.

lav_siva
27th August 2005, 04:27 PM
hi kavitha sentil

Good to see ur message. The recipe of redchilli chicken fry has been tested by me. It really tasted very nice. Hope dev has also tested and tasted

so u can also try. it will really taste good.

lavanya

lav_siva
27th August 2005, 04:32 PM
hi guys

i am lavanya who has started this thread. I am really proud of starting such a thing. I have a reguest. While posting a recipe mention whether u have tested and tasted or not. Because if it is tested by someone, then as kavitha senthil told it would be really good for the starters too. Not only for the starters but also for everyone.

If it has not tested by u people then plz mention. So that people will do and try out. If not they can even do it readily during parties. Hope u all will understand

lavanya siva

Suja Rajkumar
27th August 2005, 05:31 PM
[tscii:771a989e5a]Hi friends,
Here is Revathy Shanmugam's chicken recipe. Both these recipes have been tried many times, successfully. Try it out and post feed-back.
Pepper Chicken
Ingredients
Chicken 1lb
Onions 2
Tomatoes 3
Ginger & garlic paste 2 tsp
Saunf 1tsp
Chili powder ½ tsp
Pepper 2 tsp
Turmeric powder 1 pinch
Pattai 1 piece
Oil 2 tbsp
Salt as per taste
Curry leaves 2-3 sprigs (more the better)

Method•Clean the chicken. Finely chop onions and tomatoes. Dry fry, saunf, pepper, and curry leaves. Make a powder of it.
•Heat oil, and add the spices. Add onion, tomatoes, G & G paste, chili powder, turmeric powder, and salt. Sauté well. Now add the chicken and stir well. Close the lid, and cook well. No need to add water, let it cook it in its own juices.
•Once the chicken is cooked, open the lid, and let it sauté well.
•Lastly, add the powdered spices and mix well. Tastes very good. Can substitute mutton instead of chicken. But mutton has to be cooked well.

My points: This chicken tastes very good. The curry leaves should be fried (with no oil) well, along with the other spices, and added at the last stage.

Coconut milk chicken
Ingredients
Chicken 1kg
Onions 3
Ginger& garlic paste 2 tsp
Green chilies 10
Pattai 1
Cardamom 2
Oil and salt as per taste
Coconut milk 1 can, or milk extracted from one coconut.
Turmeric powder 1 pinch

Method
•Heat the oil and add the spices. Add finely chopped onions, slit green chilies, g&g paste, and turmeric powder. Sauté well.
•Add the cleaned chicken pieces, sauté well, for 5 min. Now add the coconut milk.
•Let the chicken get cooked well, and the gravy thicken. Stir well often. Add curry leaves, once the chicken is well cooked. A good combination with ghee rice and white rice.

b]My points: I reduce the number of green chilies and add red chili powder, and a pinch of garam masala powder. Also, you can ½ water and ½ coconut milk. Adding 2-3 tomatoes along with onions also tastes good. I prefer reducing the green chilies and adding red chili powder.

Suja Rajkumar[/tscii:771a989e5a]

kavithasenthil
27th August 2005, 09:57 PM
hi lavanya,
thks for ur reply. I don't eat meat so will try some vege recipe or egg recipe when ppl post here some time. I pass NV recipes to my friends. U r doing good job in sharing tasty tested recipe. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

lav_siva
27th August 2005, 11:52 PM
hi friends

Here is a recipe from Damu's recipe collection. I did not test the recipe yet. But hope it will taste good. So lets try out .

EGG KOZHAMBU

INGREDIENTS:

egg : 6
onion : 10
chilli vathal : 5 (moor melaga)
cumin seeds : 5
coconut : 5 small pieces
turmeric powder : 1/2 tsp
salt : to taste
coriander leaves : 1/2 bunch
curry leaves : few
oil : 2 spoon

PREPARATION :

Cut onion in small piieces,

Extract coconut milk.

Grind chiili and cumin seeds. And add this mixture to the coconut milk.

Also add turmeric powder and salt to the conconut milk.

Boil the egg and slice them in two

Take a pan, add oil and heat it. Then add onion, curry leaves and fry well.

Now add the coconut milk mixture to the pan and boil it.

It has to boil well and oil should come up. Then add the boiled egg to it.

serve hot with plain rice.

lavanya

lav_siva
30th August 2005, 03:31 PM
CHICKEN 65

Ingredients :

chicken = 1/2 kg

chilli poweder - 2 tsp

turmieric powder - 1/2 tsp

salt - to taste

cornflour - 4 tsp

rice flour - 2 tsp

ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp

egg - 1

preparation :

clean the chiken

marinate it with egg , ginger garlic paste and mix well

then put all other ingredients and mic well and refrigerate it for 1/2 hrs

Then take a pan, add oil and fry these pieces. ( if necessary u can add red colouring powered while marinating)

serve hot with sambar and rice.

NOTE :

I have tried this recipe and it came out very well. The taste was owesome. So u can also try this and get me the feedback.

lavanya

solona
27th September 2005, 10:47 AM
[tscii:963c3d1061]Hi all,

I'd like to share a few of our family receipes tested several times.

CHICKEN VINDALOO (GOANESE CHICKEN)
Chicken 1kg
Onions grated 2 cups (big cups)
Tomatos diced 1 cup
Garlic paste 3 tbs
Shombou 1 tsp
Cumin powder (Seeraga thool)4 tbspoons
Chilli powder 1tbspoon
Vineager 1 tablespoon
salt

Heat oil and season shombu (fennel) well add onions, sauté until transparent, add tomatos and sauté well until oil seperates and color changes to brownish red add garlic paste add bit of water and fry yet. Add the powdered spices adding a bit of more water until the masalas send a cooked aroma add chicken pieces and 1/2 cup of water cook the meat for about 1/4 hour (depends on the type of chicken used) when the meat is cooked add the vineager blend it to the gravy simmer for 1 minutes and serve hot with rice.

Milagou Erral

1 Kg of shelled cleaned prawns
onion grated 1 cup
tomato 1/2 cup
ginger garlic paste 2 tbs
pepper 2 tbs (increase qty if you want real hot)
Cumin powder 1tbs
Garam masala 1/2 tbs
fresh cream 1/2 cup
Mustard and oloutamparuppu 1tsp
Karuvepillai
salt

Fry mustard and uluthamparuppu in oil until they crack, add onions sauté a bit add tomatoes and sauté until oil seperates add gin&gar paste sauté after adding a bit of water and mash the mixture at the same time. Add the powdered spices, some water and simmer a bit for 2 minutes. Now add prawns cook and when the prawns are cooked add fresh cream leave 3 to 5 minutes for gravy to set and serve hot with rice.

Fish cutlets
Any fish flesh (steamed with a bit of turmeric powder and cleaned) 4 cups
Onions 1 cup
ginger garlic paste 1/4 cup
green chillies chopped as per your taste
Coriander leaves and laruvepillai 1 branch each chopped
1 egg
maida 1cup

mix the fish flesh with onions gin&gar paste, green chillies,salt, the spice leaves, add 1 egg and make a paste with your hand, make balls, flatten them coat a bit with maida and fry in a pan of oil ( as for fish varuval) until they are brown the either sides

If you like these receipes tell me I will post more

Solona[/tscii:963c3d1061]

lav_siva
10th November 2005, 12:28 AM
hi

vizmaya
11th December 2005, 10:05 PM
Hi,
This is a very simple recipe of Kerala spicy chicken masala fry that you can try for parties : http://www.vizmaya.com/?p=16