PDA

View Full Version : Vijaykanth - Will he be successful in Politics ??

S.Balaji
14th September 2005, 03:00 PM
[tscii:c069c65584]Another personality from film fraternity has launched a Political party today !

Its Vijay Kanth…

I believe he was contemplating for long before launching it finally…

Will he be successful.. Is he really a smart guy….

Any hope that he will do good ….

Shall we discuss here ……..
[/tscii:c069c65584]

nirosha sen
14th September 2005, 05:55 PM
The guy actually dodges bullets with bare hands, in his movies!!! :lol: How much more cerebral can he get????? :wink:

Raghu
14th September 2005, 06:22 PM
Dear Balaji AnNe,

Neenghala intha thread start paniyathu, enaku nambave mudiyala :shock: :shock:

any way, I think it is high time some educated, well literated and KIND hearted person who puts the nation b4 him enter into this profession. and it is BAD time TN ppl stop givving such important to such cine artisits!!!

Raghu
14th September 2005, 06:25 PM
The guy actually dodges bullets with bare hands, in his movies!!! :lol: How much more cerebral can he get????? :wink:

Niro aunty

Long time no c, enna shooting-la busy a, :lol: , btw the do u like the long Over coat our Captain wear in Narashima, blue long leather coat in 45+ degress , with extremley tight brown jeans with yellow shirt and red sunglasses, :lol: :lol: :rotfl: :rotfl: pls watch Shima Narashima :lol:

S.Balaji
14th September 2005, 08:09 PM
[tscii:7f235550fe]
Neenghala intha thread start paniyathu, enaku nambave mudiyala

any way, I think it is high time some educated, well literated and KIND hearted person who puts the nation b4 him enter into this profession. and it is BAD time TN ppl stop givving such important to such cine artisits!!!

Though I am not supporting VK, let us reconcile to the hard fact that we will have to live with reality. Rarely we come across guys who are educated…Even if someone educated enters… he may not have the required political acumen to sustain for long…
Rajiv Gandhi, in the initial stages was looking genuine and sincere … Ultimately he also swam along with the political tide … and ultimately lost his life as well….
I still remember one evening in the late 70s in Chennai Beach while Indira Gandhi was addressing an election rally… there were a couple …. Not forming part of the dais but were quietly watching the proceedings… and they were the Rajiv and Sonia !

Again, one cannot discount just because he or she came out of the film industry………

Even in US… guys like Ronald Reagan…. Ruled at the highest level… I am not drawing comparisons…. But this had happened in advanced country in US as well and I am not surprised when it happens to our country

ManmohanSingh is highly educated and had served as RBI Governor with distinction... but he also needs the support of full range of politicians... to sustain...

[/tscii:7f235550fe]

Raghu
14th September 2005, 08:58 PM
Balaji anNe, pls reply to my PM thanks

buddysathi
14th September 2005, 09:29 PM
Andhaalu padathai 2 mani neram kooda sagikka mudiyathu!! 5 yrs too mucha theriyala?

I too liked his film Narasimma!! Watched it twice in the theatre!!But in full 'mabbu'..Here's a secret I reveal how to watch his film..
Like a corporation worker entering a drainage pipe with full "mabbu" = do the same when u go to Visaya kanth movies. :lol: :lol: .

GOD SAVE TN..

S.Balaji
14th September 2005, 09:46 PM
[tscii:695d1d5263]I believe VK had already built up small small bases in rural areas and had won local elections…Wards, Municipalities, Panchayats etc etc… and emerging stronger…He is not so stupid to venture into politics as one has to spend a lot for elections and to sustain in politics…[/tscii:695d1d5263]

Sanguine Sridhar
15th September 2005, 11:01 AM
I am not a big supporter of VK..but i tell you what you cant take this guy easily.He is taking each and every step so carefully.I tell you what HIS IDEA IS NOT WINNING THIS COMING ELECTION..but after 5 years or so.Surely after DMK president DR.MK there is no big head to lead DMK...so as ADMK.Then who will take the charge of tamizh nadu? No power for Congress,BJP,Communist...Then obviosuly this guy will be noted ... Even if he gets 1 or 2 seats in this election or atleast gets some majority some where....Then this guy is dangerous for all the other political parties...Underline this sentence "Vijayakanth is going to make some kind of revolution not now..but in the coming 5 years"
What he need is
1. Media
2. Reachability

Cinefan
15th September 2005, 04:20 PM
Vijayakanth in politics-It has invited a lot of 'nakkal'comments,based on the kind of films he has acted in.

People are saying"oh god!one more cinema star in politics.What a shame.Why can't educated people come into this field?"

The citizens making these comments are all educated,in jobs which have given them a lot of comforts in life.Have they ever given a thought about entering politics themselves?NO,but intha "why can't educated people come"pechhukku mattum kurachalillai.

Politics in not easy guys/gals.Forget PM,Central minister,CM,state minister,MP&MLA,just become a corporator&see the difficulties.

Of course there is lot of money to be made, IF you are corrupt.What if you genuinely want to do something good,you will end up banging your head against an unrelenting system.

Let this guy express his policies,how he plans to implement them etc b4 passing judgements.Why hold his Cinema profession/lack of proper education against him?

After all TN desperately needs a break from the vindictive, arrogant ,dynastic style of administration of the DMK&the AIADMK.

Sanguine Sridhar
15th September 2005, 05:12 PM
Exactly Boss! You are correct well said!

VK brought around 3 lakhs crowd to Madurai..for his party inaugration..this is not an easy joke.

If you pass sarcastic comments on him..then you have to be ashamed of u'rself.Have we ever got an alternate for this DMK and ADMK?

It is impossible to find literate ppl in politics (Ofcourse there are but minimal nos)...Karmaveerar Kamarajar is the Kingmaker,he improved tamizhnadu a lot! He is an illiterate... Just by studiying B.A., B.Sc you cant give an excellent government...It is what called "Nalladhu pannanum" "Doing good for soceity" this mentality is there in that politician you don need to be literate...

Cinefan
15th September 2005, 05:44 PM
Exactly Beckham,you don't have to be a BE from IIT followed by a MBA from the IIM's or a Ph.D from the US to be a good politician.You just need to be clean,honest,transparent,sacrificing(esp family life)&have hands on experience to be one.

What makes everyone believe that all highly educated ppl automatically have these qualities?

Give this guy some time&space before praising or bad-mouthing him.

All said&done,personally I think Vijayakanth is in for a long haul in politics.The days of MGR&NTR are gone when they entered politics&captured power very fast.Rajni had a gr8 chance to do it in 1996 but he was too indecisive.Personally i feel he would have been a big flop&made the right decision in keeping away from this field.

Vjk on the other hand looks more prepared,mentally strong&clear about what he wants to do.Cetainly a guy to watch out for.

BTW,I am no fan of him or his movies :)

stranger
15th September 2005, 08:15 PM
VK brought around 3 lakhs crowd to Madurai..for his party inaugration..this is not an easy joke.

If you pass sarcastic comments on him..then you have to be ashamed of u'rself....

Well, well, well, he brought crowd, SO WHAT?

There is absolutely nothing wrong in criticizing VK for being "a new clown" in TN politics!

He is an actor and yet to finish his high school. How the heck you think he is going to straighten out people of TN???
Why do you think he can do anything different than what has been going on?

The bottomline is,

He has some money made. He will "dance" until he burns them all and becoming a loser. 8)

Sanjeevi
15th September 2005, 08:22 PM
There was not much about at Sun TV, Sun News and Jeya TV news. They give VK politics starting news as a small news like At some area of tamilnadu rained today.

IRUTADIPPU.

Magazines like Junior Vikatan, Reporter gives good support for VK news. But presses like Dinakaran, Kungumam will not give more place for VK news.

I know about VK's good strenth in village areas. Sometimes Vk is called as Rajnikanth of C centre. But how is the support in other areas?. Certainly not much when comparing with villages. Here I take "Thondargal" not voters.

He is certainly different now. But after one or two years?

Nerd
16th September 2005, 03:07 AM
//
After all TN desperately needs a break from the vindictive, arrogant ,dynastic style of administration of the DMK&the AIADMK.//

Bulls eye 8)

//There was not much about at Sun TV, Sun News and Jeya TV news. They give VK politics starting news as a small news like At some area of tamilnadu rained today.

IRUTADIPPU. //

This is one area where VK is gona suffer... He does not hav support from any media.. even PMK has tamizhan TV (or is it *had*)

Its not like the 60s or 70s.. Media is very powerful nowadays.. suntv literally rules the whole of TN and jeya tv is not far behind..

VK does not have the money to set up a channel or whatever..

also drawing 3 lakh people is not a great achievment... we know how politicians pull in crowd..

having said all these, i dont think that VK will create a revolution with his entry into politics.. 0.1% chance 8)

mr_karthik
16th September 2005, 06:06 PM
Drawing 3 lakhs people is not an achievement. Infact this function was pre planned before 4 months and active measures were taken from that date itself. So it is not a big thing to gather to watch an actor who is popular in cinema.

But you all very well know, howmuch crowd gathered for Karthik in Rajapalayam and Madurai meetings, in fact it was not pre-planned and well organised. So pulling the crowd is not a 'sAdhanai'.

We saw in newspapers, money were collected for this inagural mAnAdu from businessmen at Madurai and sarroundings (started to follow the way of 'kazhagams'?)

They also followed presenting of vAL (sword), gireedam (crown), sengOl etc, which we can find only in 'kazhagam's mAnAdus. (We cant see them in Congress or BJP or Communist meetings).

Suppose if he makes alliance with any one of these two parties, then his 'clean-man' image will be spoiled.

Let us wait and see.

nilavupriyan
18th September 2005, 11:45 AM
//
After all TN desperately needs a break from the vindictive, arrogant ,dynastic style of administration of the DMK&the AIADMK.//

Bulls eye 8)

//There was not much about at Sun TV, Sun News and Jeya TV news. They give VK politics starting news as a small news like At some area of tamilnadu rained today.

IRUTADIPPU. //

This is one area where VK is gona suffer... He does not hav support from any media.. even PMK has tamizhan TV (or is it *had*)

Its not like the 60s or 70s.. Media is very powerful nowadays.. suntv literally rules the whole of TN and jeya tv is not far behind..

VK does not have the money to set up a channel or whatever..

also drawing 3 lakh people is not a great achievment... we know how politicians pull in crowd..

having said all these, i dont think that VK will create a revolution with his entry into politics.. 0.1% chance 8)

the polls conducted by leading magazines say that he have 15-20% people supporting him....thats a huge percentage....

people are not fools to vote by watching suntv or jeya tv...they knew well that those channels are supporting dmk and aiadmk....i accept that suntv rule tamilnadu ...but due to its entertaining value...thats it.......

people desperately need a change.......vijayakanth have a great chance to make a political revolution....

another thing....,vijay tv is promoting vijayakanth...yesterday and today they have been telecasting his interviews,maanadu etc.....he seems to be more clear and focussed.....captain is all set to make a change :thumbsup:

nilavupriyan
18th September 2005, 11:55 AM

why do you judge a guy by his films ?.....anyway...we dont want him to be gandhi...but i believe he will better than the other two leading parties...

another thing.....if we watch clearly...people are not voting for a party becoz of loving that party...they rather vote for one of those parties becoz they hate the other.....this is a bad condition.

if a third man like vj enters the other two party will try to make people love them...

S.Balaji
18th September 2005, 01:59 PM
Nice to see guys like Nilavupriyan and Beckham.... who do not compare VK with his movies and judge...
Yes what they said is true...

One need not be educated for good governance... What is needed is to understand the needs of people and be a good and honest Citizen of our country and think good... Everything will come good....

Lets not downgrade a personality just because he had acted in movies.... Thats not the way to judge a person...

Time will prove........

S.Balaji
18th September 2005, 02:23 PM
In short we are only fooling ourselves but proudly announcing that only educated and knowledgeable guys should enter politics...

There is huge list of THE SO CALLED EDUCATED GUYS...... who did little to the country's growth... All they did was only wasted everyone's time by venturing into unnecessary arguments and fights and exposing of others...
A classic example is Dr. Subramania Swamy... Well known economist... Was a professor in Harward University...
WHAT WAS HIS CONTRIBUTION TO OUR COUNTRY ?????

Only mud slinging and spate of cases ... Negative thinking....creates sensational news... disappears and resurfaces again.....

Did he contribute anything to our country's welfare ???

Even TN Seshan who promised to deliver initially, had gone into darkness now totally ........

nilavupriyan
18th September 2005, 03:26 PM
In short we are only fooling ourselves but proudly announcing that only educated and knowledgeable guys should enter politics...

There is huge list of THE SO CALLED EDUCATED GUYS...... who did little to the country's growth... All they did was only wasted everyone's time by venturing into unnecessary arguments and fights and exposing of others...
A classic example is Dr. Subramania Swamy... Well known economist... Was a professor in Harward University...
WHAT WAS HIS CONTRIBUTION TO OUR COUNTRY ?????

Only mud slinging and spate of cases ... Negative thinking....creates sensational news... disappears and resurfaces again.....

Did he contribute anything to our country's welfare ???

Even TN Seshan who promised to deliver initially, had gone into darkness now totally ........

but kamaraj is uneducated.........he did great work...

people must understand that CM post is the heart and the ias and ips officers are brains.so we need just a person with good thoughts..necesarilly not a brilliant person.the brain work will be done by the ias and the ips officers

mr_karthik
18th September 2005, 07:33 PM
Wellsaid Nilavupriyan.

Uneducated CMs like Kamaraj, Karunanidhi, MGR proved, they can be good administrators.

Especially we should mention about the "Great KAMARAJ" and his achievements withing his 9 years (1954-63) rule in Tamil Nadu. Before his rule, there were only three dams in TN. (among them Kallanai was built by KarikAl chola king and Mettur dam by British rulers).

But Kamaraj only constructed
Vaigai dam,
Sathanur dam,
Periyar dam,
Parambikulam-AaliyAr dam,
Lower Bhavani dam,
and somany small dams all over the state and made Tamil Nadu as an agricultural state.

Apart from this Kamaraj only brought all major industries like
Neyveli Lignite Corporation,
Trichy Bharath Heavy Electricals,
Avadi Tank Factory,
Perambur Locomotives,
Guindy Industrial Estate,
Ambattur Industrial Estate
and somany small industries also (all withing 9 years....!!!!!!!)

Thatswhy Kamaraj is un-comparable with any of the Chief Ministers.

But the sad thing is he was defeated by Tamil Nadu people in election, by hearing 'adukku mozhi' dialogues, without thinking about his achievements.

nilavupriyan
18th September 2005, 07:59 PM
Wellsaid Nilavupriyan.

Uneducated CMs like Kamaraj, Karunanidhi, MGR proved, they can be good administrators.

Especially we should mention about the "Great KAMARAJ" and his achievements withing his 9 years (1954-63) rule in Tamil Nadu. Before his rule, there were only three dams in TN. (among them Kallanai was built by KarikAl chola king and Mettur dam by British rulers).

Vaigai dam,
Sathanur dam,
Periyar dam,
Lower Bhavani dam,
and somany small dams all over the state and made Tamil Nadu as an agricultural state.

Avadi Tank Factory,
Perambur Locomotives,

Thatswhy Kamaraj is un-comparable with any of the Chief Ministers.

But the sad thing is he was defeated by Tamil Nadu people in election, by hearing 'adukku mozhi' dialogues, without thinking about his achievements.

YEAH....,IM WELL AWARE OF KAMARAJ'S ACHIEBEMENTS....most of the schools and dams in tn are build in his period

S.Balaji
18th September 2005, 08:06 PM
Thiru Kamaraj was the best CM TN had come across till date. There is no second opinion on this...
From an ordinary Congress worker, he became a National level politician... was instrumental in bringing Indira Gandhi to the post of PM....
Under him , stalwarts like RV were able to perform well... as he understood the people and their needs and just gave the right directions to his officers and ministers and there was positive results...
Kamraj was the karta of noon meal scheme as well... which was fine tuned later by MGR as Nutrition meal scheme...
Kamaraj's vision is unmatched.... He realised that a poor man will not spend on his children's education and kamraj launched the mid day meal scheme... It was a great success. It enabled the poor people to send their children to to Schools . Atleast for a session their children had decent food.
Now all of them have grown to have a decent and honourable living..

As Karthik pointed out, Kamaraj was also instrumental in developing industrial zones... educational centres....

One can write a big essay about Kamaraj...

LET US ALSO NOT FORGET FINALLY THAT KAMARAJ WAS ORIGINALLY A FREEDOM FIGHTER.....
SO, THAT URGE AND THE DESIRE TO DO GOOD TO THE COUNTRY WAS ALWAYS IN HIS BLOOD.... SO KAMARAJ WAS ONLY 50 % POLITICIAN... 50% FREEDOM FIGHTER....

Great soul...

ramsthata
22nd September 2005, 04:01 AM
Guys, just look at the name of Vijaykanth's pary.. This itself is not different from the existing parties. I guess his intention is just to be CM, rather than doing some thing good for the people.

Crab
26th September 2005, 04:09 AM
Hey,

All of you have forgotten that Vijaykanth fanclub members have already won 10,000+ wards in municipal elections throughout TN.

They are his forte.

Namma vote captainukku!

Its not racism. Its about self-respect.

:thumbsup:

S.Balaji
26th September 2005, 12:18 PM
It seems VK's steps are measured.... First focus on the grass root leves elections like... Panchayat.... wards...etc etc.. At this level only one will come to know the problems of people.... I appreciate his approach...

swathy
20th October 2005, 02:18 PM
I dunno much about politics. But still this topic is quite interesting. Points by Nilavupriyan and Beckham are really good. Thanks to karthik to list out the dams constructed during Kamaraj period.

buddysathi
21st October 2005, 02:59 PM
Vijayakanth: Andha TV mela case podanum..

Thondan: Ean thalaiva??

Vijayakanth: Nama katchi arambichadha Vilayattu seidhigal-la
potrukkan.. :wink:

Alien
22nd October 2005, 09:25 AM
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: nice one buddysathi ! :D

Surya
31st October 2005, 09:49 PM
I just hope that this "Captain" will be better than the other leading parties. Although my vote solely depends on the coalition. Since Congress is already taken, the only other possibility is BJP! :thumbsup: If he formas and alliance with the BJP then that's great!! If he decides to go solo.........hmm....I hear BJP will also run in the state elections this time. :thumbsup:

But who ever it is, DMDK or BJP, I desperatly hope it isn't DMK or ADMK that come to power. :(

just_hubber
2nd November 2005, 10:28 AM
hi Anyone know Nakheeran weekly web link?? pls post here

luckylook32
2nd November 2005, 10:32 AM
Vaigai dam,
Sathanur dam,
Periyar dam,
Lower Bhavani dam,

Avadi Tank Factory,
Perambur Locomotives,

All these things were made by Central Government...

Actually, when India was in a developing Stage...

All States in that period got these kind of Schemes...

I don't calculate Kamarajar's Administration knowledge is low... He's a good Administrator. But we can't give him credit for those schemes...

luckylook32
2nd November 2005, 10:33 AM
hi Anyone know Nakheeran weekly web link?? pls post here

http://www.nakkheeranbiweekly.com

luckylook32
2nd November 2005, 10:34 AM
I just hope that this "Captain" will be better than the other leading parties. Although my vote solely depends on the coalition. Since Congress is already taken, the only other possibility is BJP! :thumbsup: If he formas and alliance with the BJP then that's great!! If he decides to go solo.........hmm....I hear BJP will also run in the state elections this time. :thumbsup:

But who ever it is, DMDK or BJP, I desperatly hope it isn't DMK or ADMK that come to power. :(

Captain is very weak in Public Relations...

We can't see his Statements & other activities regularly in media...

I hope DMK will rule TN next year...

just_hubber
2nd November 2005, 10:48 AM
thanks luckylook for the link

just_hubber
2nd November 2005, 10:50 AM
thanks luckylook for the link

sivajayan
2nd November 2005, 11:15 PM

Now you are an enemy of Suryamiss.

njv
3rd November 2005, 12:52 AM
Vijayakanth was very upset after he launched his parties. When asked, his close associates told us that "captain was upset because in SunTV they showed the political party launch in "Vilayattu Cheithigal"

stranger
3rd November 2005, 01:16 AM
Vijayakanth was very upset after he launched his parties. When asked, his close associates told us that "captain was upset because in SunTV they showed the political party launch in "Vilayattu Cheithigal"

Where did you learn about this? :roll:

Some personal contact, I suppose? :roll:

Or, Could you cite the link to support your statement??? :wink:

Surya
3rd November 2005, 06:37 AM

Captain is very weak in Public Relations...

We can't see his Statements & other activities regularly in media...

I do think that Captain will not elected this time. There is a huge possibility of him getting elected next time, but he just entered politics this year, and he hasn't had enough time for this election stuff. But stranger things have been known to happen in Tamil Politics. :wink:

I hope that either DMDK (Although not probable) forms and allaince with the BJP!! :thumbsup: Or, if BJP goes solo, my vote is always for them. :D

njv
3rd November 2005, 08:25 AM

Where did you learn about this? :roll:

Some personal contact, I suppose? :roll:

Or, Could you cite the link to support your statement??? :wink:

Stranger,

That was a joke came in a tamil weekly!

stranger
3rd November 2005, 09:05 PM
There should be a name for the Tamil weekly, I am sure! :roll:

njv
3rd November 2005, 11:22 PM
There should be a name for the Tamil weekly, I am sure! :roll:

I can say that it is in kumudham.

stranger
3rd November 2005, 11:26 PM
Good!

You missed out lot of things in your first post, and so it was misleading. I am sure you did not mean to take all the credit for yourself. :P

* u never said it was a JOKE. After all this is not a joke thread to get your point.

* U did not say you read that in Kumudam.

Now that we are getting somewhere.

BTW, sun-tv is TRASHY. Nobody respects their BS anymore! That is for your kind information!

njv
3rd November 2005, 11:50 PM
You missed out lot of things in your first post, and so it was misleading. I am sure you did not mean to take all the credit for yourself. :P

That was my intention :lol:

* u never said it was a JOKE. After all this is not a joke thread to get your point.

I thought it is based on the topic

BTW, sun-tv is TRASHY. Nobody respects their BS anymore! That is for your kind information!
I couldnt disagree with you even 0%. Confused? Same here!

stranger
4th November 2005, 12:48 AM
njv: u win, as usual! :hammer:

luckylook32
4th November 2005, 03:22 PM
I hope that either DMDK (Although not probable) forms and allaince with the BJP!! :thumbsup: Or, if BJP goes solo, my vote is always for them. :D

If it happens, even god can't save Vijayagandh :lol: :lol: :lol:

S.Balaji
4th November 2005, 04:06 PM
Even if VK manages to win few seats, its a moral victory for him ( it happened to MGR as well when he launched ADMK ).
If VK can take control over the village electionsl like Panchayat, Municipalites, Wards etc etc where one can do lot of social activity to the people, he can establish a good platform for the next elections.

Above all, one needs lot of money power to sustain elections.

Surya
5th November 2005, 07:16 AM

If it happens, even god can't save Vijayagandh :lol: :lol: :lol:

Really? We'll see what happens. :wink:

Surya
5th November 2005, 07:18 AM
Even if VK manages to win few seats, its a moral victory for him ( it happened to MGR as well when he launched ADMK ).
If VK can take control over the village electionsl like Panchayat, Municipalites, Wards etc etc where one can do lot of social activity to the people, he can establish a good platform for the next elections.

and VK has that money power. He might get a few seats, but the possibilities of him becoming CM is quite low.

sivajayan
5th November 2005, 05:08 PM

and VK has that money power. He might get a few seats, but the possibilities of him becoming CM is quite low.

Can you please kindly tell me how many buttocks are VK's personal ones? :lol:

Surya, how do you cast your vote as you are sitting in California?