PDA

View Full Version : Thamizh Murasu & newspaper Dinakaran's new avatharam

Sanjeevi
15th September 2005, 08:15 PM
Dinakaran will come next week onwards from Sun TV group (Kalanithi maran). At press circle, there are much talk about this matter. Newspaper price will be Rs. 1 (Dechan Chronicle way) and for one year subscription (Rs. 365?) they will give free gifts for worth Rs. 250 (Kunkumam way).

Hope it will beat Dailay thanthi and Dinamalar in sales (circulation).

Tamizh makkal ellam ilachavayargal-nu ninaichutanga. Seithikalai thinithargal, thinikurargal melum thinippargal.

And another news.

From Dinamalar group, they buy in political way (i.e. kuthirai peram) many employees (editor, cameraman, reporter, dtp people. Sure this happened to give torture to Dinamalar group.

dev
16th September 2005, 07:23 AM
:lol: Another 'oppari' paper on the way... Whenever I happn to see sun news ,I only see opparis... Dunno what professionalism these ppl have to take over a newspaper... Wonder if Sun Tv is aware that the whole world is watching their news... :banghead:

Sanjeevi
19th September 2005, 07:02 PM
Sorry I don't about clearly the new avatar of Dinakaran.

But a new daily called "Tamizh Murasu" has started from today and first issue has released today itself.

It is priced at Rs. 2 with 20 pages including many colours pages (heard from TV ad). I tryed to get this daily today at 6 pm from 3 shops. But i couldn't get the daily. One shopper told, all issues has been sold within 3 pm.

In TV ad, they said paper will be available daily at 3 pm.

Enna oru sales. adengappa. wonderful. extrodinary.

Irunga naan innum mudikaa villai. :lol:

They give a ball point pen (nearly worth Rs. 5) with this Tamizh Murasu paper priced at Rs. 2. :rotfl:. Ithellam enna? ethukku ithu? why?

The two points

1) to put news to entire tamilnadu (pulla koduthu pasu vidamirunthu milk karappathu mathiri)

2) block money is coming out.

Anyway, like Kunkumam, another one is on way of huge success :lol: .

Beware existing daily newspapers

Sanjeevi
19th September 2005, 07:07 PM
Any one has purchased ( :lol: ) this newspaper and ball point pen?

How is the newspaper?

kadaisi pakkathula full page-la actress Nameetha colour padam irukuthunu mattum theriyum (correct thannu ninaikuren)

abbydoss1969
19th September 2005, 07:18 PM
1) to put news to entire tamilnadu (pulla koduthu pasu vidamirunthu milk karappathu mathiri)

Atleast you can appreciate the guys business talents,
1.All their tv channels are no1 in four southern states
2.their FM radio is undoubtedly no1
3. A lousy magazine like Kungumam is made into highest selling tamil magazine.
4.Now into newspaper business , no doubt they will make into a big success.
I really salute their business acumen. Kalanidhi Maran is in the top 10 business people in the country.;)
;) ;)

Sanjeevi
19th September 2005, 07:38 PM
Definitely I salute.

But why they sell a product like this? This is business technique? Sambarich panatha selavalichu kittu irukkanga. It is very nice to TN 8) .

svasu_ani
19th September 2005, 10:26 PM
Tamil Murasu paper circulation is only in chennai...

nms
19th September 2005, 11:22 PM
Will Kungumam continue to sell like this if they stop giving free gifts that is equivalent to the magazine in Price.

I dont believe it will.
Even after increasing the sales they couldn't deliver gud stuff in their magazine.
Let's see its circulation if they stop those freebies.

abbydoss1969
20th September 2005, 07:08 PM
Will Kungumam continue to sell like this if they stop giving free gifts that is equivalent to the magazine in Price.

I dont believe it will.
Even after increasing the sales they couldn't deliver gud stuff in their magazine.
Let's see its circulation if they stop those freebies.
Freebies alone cannot be responsible for such high sales.Because all magazines including AV , Kumudam do it.It is also cross advertising in their sister media like sun tv and FM radio.
He has also hiked up level of magazine to other popular ones, by printing in better paper etc.
Any way the idea of freebies, is to hope they will become a habit.

luckylook32
21st September 2005, 05:23 PM
as per Audit Bureau of Circulations,

Kungumam is the 4th largest weekly in India

Kungumam is the No. 1 Weekly in Tamil.

That's the new record. No tamil weekly couldn't touch this place.

Hats off Kalanidhi !!!

ts
21st September 2005, 07:14 PM
...and i believe the free gifts are from sponsors and doesnt come from Mr Maran's pocket. If "Cello pens" and "Chinnis Masala" are ready to give away things with the news paper (and get free advertisement in SunTV), everyone is happy... no reason to tap from the black money reserve here :-)..

Sanjeevi
21st September 2005, 08:07 PM
There are two type of free gifts. One is normal way for example, Ananda vikatan, Kumudam and many tamil magazines has given many free gifts. Second is upnormal way for example, now kunkumam and Tamizh murasu is giving free gifts. Due to misunderstandings of some people I differentiate now,

1) To promote their products manufacturers / distributors gives their products as free with leading magazines << this is 1st way. To promote their magazines, to increase circulations magazine responsibilities gives products with their issues << this is 2nd way.

2) Free gifts definitely less worther than magazine << 1st way. Free gifts definitely greater than or equal to magazine cost << 2nd way. By using 2nd way it is called none other than 'Lanjam' :lol:

3) There are not advertisement from magazines when free gift time << 1st way. Much more advertisement for magazines from magazines when free gift time. << 2nd way

4) Regular customers buy magazines and they use free gifts. << 1st way. Free gift likers buy magazines a lot than regular customers << 2nd way.

5) Magazines are bought for read news/articles. Magazines are given with gift (karumbu thinna goolie mathiri) to put news/articles to readers.

BTW, I am not against Kalanidhi maran or DMK or anything else. This is only my point of view. Certainly I salute they for producing new readers in Tamilnadu.

abbydoss1969
22nd September 2005, 07:37 PM
Well, I bought the Tamilmurasu yesterday, and got a packet of kulumbu milagai podi as free gift.
Firstly, it is not a newspaper, it is more of a tabloid. And, IMO, it is nothing special, it more like 20 pages of kungumum everybody,
Ofcourse, there is their brand of political slant,There is gossip of actor Vivek etc.
I have a feeling it might be a failure as there is no character to the tabloid.Ofcourse these are early days , so they may improve by and by.