PDA

View Full Version : Unforgettable Personalities

rajeshkrv
20th September 2005, 01:23 AM
After reading Sathaya kabali's write up on Shri.MS

I thought let me start a topic to discuss about various eminent personalities who achieved in their respective fields..

I wrote on the same topic in another forum and started with MS

this time i had to start with another.

All are welcome to send the list of personalities or suggestions

Currently i've thought of

Ramanujam,
Gandhi,
Vivekananda,
Adhi shankara,
P.T.Usha

etc

S.Balaji
2nd October 2005, 05:51 PM
Nice thread...

Wish to add :

Religion :
1. Ramana Maharishi
2. Seshadri Swamigal
3. Swami Vivekananda
4. Ramakrishna Paramahamsa
5. Sant Raghavendra
6. Shirdi Saibabaji
7. Puttaparthi Saibabaji
8. Kanchi Sri Chandrasekarendra Saraswathi Swamigal
9. Mother Teresa

World leaders :
1. Nelson Mandela
2. Mahatma Gandhiji
3. Jawaharlal Nehruji
4. Netaji Bose

Music :

1. MSS
2. RaviShankar
3. MLV
4. Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer
5. Maharajapuram Santhanam and Viswanathan
6. Sudha Raghunathan
7. D.k.Pattamal
8. Madurai Mani Iyer
9. S.Balachander
10. Chittibabu
11. Lalgudi Jayaraman
12. Kunnakudi Vaithyanathan

More to come soon.

Sandeep
3rd October 2005, 08:43 AM
World leaders

Nepolean,
Hitler,
Lenin,
Stalin,
Gorbechov
Washington,
Roosevelt,
Queen Elizhabeth II,
Magret Thacher,
Mao Tse tung

vramesh
3rd October 2005, 10:06 AM
what about journalists?

Chappani
3rd October 2005, 10:42 AM
How About ???

Bill Clinton
Kanchi Sankaracharya Swamigal
Shri Sathya Sai Baba

Chappani
3rd October 2005, 12:16 PM
Please take my nominations on the lighter side... These people are also unforgettable for their lighter side acts.

Sanguine Sridhar
3rd October 2005, 12:28 PM
My dad,mom,my friends,my girl friend hehehe Juz for fun....
:mrgreen:

1. Gandhiji
2. Kamarajar
3. Teresa

4. Shivaji Ganesan
5. Ilayaraja
6. S.P.B
7. Eagles
8. Carpenters

9. Pele
10. Lendil
11.Sampras
12. Michael Jordan
13. Kobe Bryan
14.Viswanadhan Anandh
15. Sania Mirza

S.Balaji
3rd October 2005, 03:14 PM
Beckham,

Nice to see Lendl in your list ! One of my sport Icons those days...
A very hardworking guy... Played with clinical precision...was like a robot... Won so many titles .... Was world number 1 several years... but COULD NOT WIN WIMBLEDON...
but a lion hearted player..... Never gave up until the last serve... Had won so many 5 set thrillers... Probably holds the record for winning maximum 5 set matches....
Also had outstanding record on tie breakers....

Can win US open and French Open without practice ! Such was his command over the 2 surfaces...
Top player after the Borg era....

Another legend....

S.Balaji
3rd October 2005, 03:37 PM
[tscii:b9d9e7baac]Dear All,

Wish to post about my SPORT ICON… IN CRICKET …

THE LITTLE MASTER SUNIL GAVASKAR…

Made his debut in 1970 series against West Indies….

The first run he scored INCIDENTALLY WAS ACTUALLY A LEG BYE !!!!

Actually in that series Dilip Sardesai played extremely well and also scored double century but Sunny overshadowed him and went to record the highest number of runs in a series ( he played 4 tests ).. He amassed 774 runs !
The second series in England… he was partly successful.. Scored some useful 50s….
It was followed by a series in India against England under Tony Lewis’ Captaincy.. We won the series ( which was also filmed as VICTORY STORY ) but Sunny was not that successful…
Later we we toured England in 1974… it was a disaster… India infact scored 42 all out in one test…. But this series Sunny played well and scored century and did well in other matches….
When WI toured India in 1974 under Clive Lloyd’s captaincy.. Sunny , after playing the first test, got injured and played the final test at Wankede Mumbai ( this is the first test played here ) and scored 80 + . However this series was dominated by Vishy and Andy Roberts… and Erapalli Prasanna
When we toured WI in 1975, Sunny was in top form… Scored 2 centuries against the lilkes of Michael Holding , Andy Roberts, Croft, Julien etc etc… and also scored 60+ in Sabina park , Kingston but we had to concede this test as Clive ordered to bowl virtually bodyline to our tailenders….
Sunny again touched peak in 1978 when we toured Australia ( this was a second string team with only Thomson available … rest were with Packer ) Sunny scored 3 centuries in three tests… This series was the start of the glory for Sunny…
When we toured Pakistan, Sunny played well scoring 2 centuries…. But we lost the series…Kapil made his debut…
Back home , another series against Pakistan, we won comfortably, Sunny scoring well besides was a captain. He scored century in Chepauk..
1980 tour of Australia had mixed fortunes for Sunny.. We lost the first test and almost lost the second one but the third one in Melbourne was memorable… Sunny was going great in Second innings when a poor lbw decision got him upset and staged a walk out along with Chauhan before the Indian manager restored normalcy.. We went to win that test …
Again, the tour of 1982 to Pakistan was a disaster for the Indian team but Sunny played well … in one match carried his bat all through the inning. It was Imran’s indippers which created havoc…
One forgettable series was what followed this one, when he toured WI .. Sunny scored his 27th century but was a failure…. Totally lost form… which continued in the world cup as well….
A small series with Zaheer’s Pakistan saw Sunny coming back to form…
What followed after was a 6 test series against WI …. I have to do a big posting on this series but just summarizing now…
Sunny , after having failed in Kanpur ( his bat actually flew out of his hand after facing a fiery Marshall’s express delivery )..
Sunny scored 120 in Delhi ( equaled Sir Don’s record )… It was a great knock…Sunny was hooking in this test !
A swashbuckling and hurricane 90 in Ahmedabad and 236 in Chennai…..( batted 2 down )

After this series, Sunny continued to score tons and tons with consistency against all kinds of attacks… until he scored a memorable 96 against MINEFILED OF A PITCH in Bangalore….
He retired with glory by scoring 187 , playing for the rest of the world eleven in Lords ( which was his ambition always )

The greatness of Sunny is summarized below :

Had faced the most fearsome bowling attack ever in the history of Cricket till date – Holding, Marshall, Roberts, Croft, Bob willis, Ian Botham, John Snow, Dennis Lilee, Thomson, Len pascoe, Imran Khan, Sarfraz Nawaz, Hadlee….
Had scored runs against all test playing nations
Had scored runs both in India and outside.. Infact had scored 13centuries against WI …
Had played without helmet ( but used skull protector )

A picture of dedication, concentration and application…..

Sunny was very consistent and maintained a healthy average of 50 ++.
A true genius... was a picture of perfection... Played the game right out of the book....

His favourite shot was the STRAIGHT DRIVE... The bat will be so straight... ( could be seen from another master of today, Sachin )

Sunny had to curb his stroke play in the larger interests of the team.. In his later years , he unleashed his rich repertoire of strokes...

A role model and icon….

Later, Sunny took up the profession of writing articles and journalism and had been the inspiration to several next generation guys like Ravi Shastri.... Sunny taught to the next generation what one make out of Cricket.... He took up Commentary profession and is doing extremely well. His knowledge on cricket... is second only to Venkat...
Sunny I am sure , if given a post of a diplomat, will excel ....

My salute to the LITTLE MASTER…

[/tscii:b9d9e7baac]

a.ratchasi
4th October 2005, 07:02 AM
Baghat Singh
Kamaraj
Subramania Bharathi
Rani Lakhsmi Bai
Queen Elizabeth II
Alexander the Great

R.K.N
Tagore

luckylook32
4th October 2005, 12:34 PM
Dr. Kalaignar Karunanidhi
Martin Luther King
Nelson Mandela
Se-quera
Viladimir eliyich Lenin
Dr. ABJ Abdul Kalam

Kundrakudi Adigalar
Kirubananda Variyar

My English Teacher Dhandapani Master

My First Lover Anitha

vramesh
4th October 2005, 09:48 PM
what about writers

goodsense
18th October 2005, 10:10 AM
I noticed GhandhiJi's name mentioned by more than one person here. I also noticed names like Marther Luther King and Nelson Mandela who were followers of him. How about saying happy belated birthday to that great soul, Mahathma Ghandi, which went by only on October 2nd, 2005.

rajivlodha
25th October 2005, 07:21 AM
C. V. RAMAN

R.N. TAGORE

J.C.BOSE

JAMSHEDJI TATA

PREMCHAND

KAUTILYA (or Chanakya)

ARYABHATTA

sivajayan
30th October 2005, 11:08 PM
Adolf Hitler is the most unforgetable personality!

Ther will always be some idiotic followers try to topple the idiotic incestous being ever lived on this blue planet but this creature and its deeds should never be forgotten!

goodsense
31st October 2005, 09:53 AM
With repsect to what you said about Adolph Hitler and in light of what SRS last posted in the Indian culture section, I have to say Hindus are taught to stick to the Hindu philosophies and being "Ghandian" is one of them. For some people this means to succumb to atrocities like the recent New Delhi scene and for others it means to succumbed to other forms of atrocities that Ghandi may not have foreseen and be clear on in addressing i.e. "psychological terrorism". I see what SRS was saying, that it is time for moving from extreme to the other. The precepts may not be the same as that of Adolph Hitler, but could that make you Adolph Hitler? :roll:

Admins if you think this is not an appropriate response, please delete.

sivajayan
31st October 2005, 05:00 PM
With repsect to what you said about Adolph Hitler and in light of what SRS last posted in the Indian culture section, I have to say Hindus are taught to stick to the Hindu philosophies and being "Ghandian" is one of them.
Admins if you think this is not an appropriate response, please delete.

I vehemently deny that being "Ghandian" is a hindu philosophy!

Wasn't it a hindu extremist who extinguished the life of the light of ALL mankind? Here we should not discuss about hinduism with respect to your good sense i would like to comment.

My intension was not to high light the goodies though it is human nature to forget the good very soon and easily. From my point of view the worst of all bad should never be forgotten. And by the way AH was, i won't say a follower of rig veda but very much affected by it considering of hinduism by the way.

goodsense
31st October 2005, 07:43 PM
I can say a few things here about facts and reasons and extrapolations of Hinduism and its extent, but it might be held to be too controversial or going off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

Thanks for your thoughts on this anyway.

Surya
31st October 2005, 09:45 PM
I can say a few things here about facts and reasons and extrapolations of Hinduism and its extent, but it might be held to be too controversial or going off topic, so I'll leave it at that.

I think you should good sense. Since this whole discussiona bout Ghandhian is off topic, why not post this? :)

If it is going to be offencive to anyone then don't, but I highly doubt that what ur going to say will be. :D

sivajayan
31st October 2005, 10:44 PM

I think you should good sense. Since this whole discussiona bout Ghandhian is off topic, why not post this? :)

If it is going to be offencive to anyone then don't, but I highly doubt that what ur going to say will be. :D

Yes, it will offend me! So leave it. At least here! Gandhi can not say anything anymore! But if, then he could say "Sivajayan, your win" like goodsense said.

goodsense
1st November 2005, 08:42 AM
Surya you seems to have some clue as to what I was going to say. Why don't you give it a shot. Best to wait until Deepavali is over tomorrow.

sivajayan
1st November 2005, 04:45 PM
Surya you seems to have some clue as to what I was going to say. Why don't you give it a shot. Best to wait until Deepavali is over tomorrow.

Not only Surya, me too :!:
I smell it already :lol: I only wait for the scum to be uncovered. Try your best and let me tell you that you are not the first and you won't be the last. :lol:

rajeshkrv
2nd November 2005, 02:56 AM
as the originator of the thread , i couldnt post or continue so far but thanks for all enthusiastic participants who kept this thread live.

Let's continue in the same spirit

Bill clinton

Definitely he is one of the unforgettable personality.

He had affection towards india in particular,
when our leaders were enjoying in A/C room, he visited the earthquake place, particularly to the school were many students died , kept flowers and prayed and in the hot sun he walked..

William J. Clinton

During the administration of William Jefferson Clinton, the U.S. enjoyed more peace and economic well being than at any time in its history. He was the first Democratic president since Franklin D. Roosevelt to win a second term. He could point to the lowest unemployment rate in modern times, the lowest inflation in 30 years, the highest home ownership in the country's history, dropping crime rates in many places, and reduced welfare roles. He proposed the first balanced budget in decades and achieved a budget surplus. As part of a plan to celebrate the millennium in 2000, Clinton called for a great national initiative to end racial discrimination.

President Clinton was born William Jefferson Blythe IV on August 19, 1946, in Hope, Arkansas, three months after his father died in a traffic accident. When he was four years old, his mother wed Roger Clinton, of Hot Springs, Arkansas. In high school, he took the family name.

He excelled as a student and as a saxophone player and once considered becoming a professional musician. As a delegate to Boys Nation while in high school, he met President John Kennedy in the White House Rose Garden. The encounter led him to enter a life of public service.

Clinton was graduated from Georgetown University and in 1968 won a Rhodes Scholarship to Oxford University. He received a law degree from Yale University in 1973, and entered politics in Arkansas.

He was defeated in his campaign for Congress in Arkansas's Third District in 1974. The next year he married Hillary Rodham, a graduate of Wellesley College and Yale Law School. In 1980, Chelsea, their only child, was born.

Clinton was elected Arkansas Attorney General in 1976, and won the governorship in 1978. After losing a bid for a second term, he regained the office four years later, and served until he defeated incumbent George Bush and third party candidate Ross Perot in the 1992 presidential race.

Clinton and his running mate, Tennessee's Senator Albert Gore Jr., then 44, represented a new generation in American political leadership. For the first time in 12 years both the White House and Congress were held by the same party. But that political edge was brief; the Republicans won both houses of Congress in 1994.

In 1998, as a result of issues surrounding personal indiscretions with a young woman White House intern, Clinton was the second U.S. president to be impeached by the House of Representatives. He was tried in the Senate and found not guilty of the charges brought against him. He apologized to the nation for his actions and continued to have unprecedented popular approval ratings for his job as president.

In the world, he successfully dispatched peace keeping forces to war-torn Bosnia and bombed Iraq when Saddam Hussein stopped United Nations inspections for evidence of nuclear, chemical, and biological weapons. He became a global proponent for an expanded NATO, more open international trade, and a worldwide campaign against drug trafficking. He drew huge crowds when he traveled through South America, Europe, Russia, Africa, and China, advocating U.S. style

courtesy
http://www.whitehouse.gov/history/presidents/bc42.html