PDA

View Full Version : Bad Roads in Bangalore

jbenny2001
21st September 2005, 03:15 PM
Can any one give email ids of some good officers who will listen and be responsible to look in to the conditions of worst roads in Bangalore especially in areas like Indira Nagar, Jeevan Bhima Nagar, Murugeshpalya, Shivalingaiah Colony, NR Colony etc., in and around Airport and all the IT major's offices are located like IBM, MS, Dell.
Benedict

Cinefan
21st September 2005, 04:28 PM
Nothing is going to happen,we have a govenment which gets into street level fights when CEO's of IT companies complain about bad roads,what will they listen to a layman like you&me?

Forget it.

jbenny2001
21st September 2005, 04:41 PM
Cinefan,
You are right. But if we keep on pounding emails, they may get to some act. As you said when IT majors pointed out the Government's failure, they have bounced back taking the Kannadiga quota for IT jobs in hand. Very clever indeed by the Government Babus.

Shekhar
22nd September 2005, 10:15 AM
While not denying the inefficiency of the Government, I would still say it is easy to blame the government without realising its handicaps of various types.
The case of Bangalore is very different from any other city in India. In other cities, the infrastructure is created to attract industries and development. And so when big industries enter things are in place. Where as IT boom came to Bangalore very unexpectedly taking everyone by surprise and sending all developmental plans for a six.
Regarding Government, it is as bad as a democratic government any where in India, perhaps much better than governemnts in UP, Bihar, Jarkhand etc. What can you expect from squabbling coalition government? Well we have elected it and we deserve it. :cry: :cry:

Sandeep
22nd September 2005, 10:43 AM
Problem of roads can be solved only by controling pvt vehicles. The way bangalore is/was growing no amount of infrastructure growth would be enough.

There was a proposal that companies should make company transport free and offset the expense form conveyance allowance. Same way there need to be executive buses from BMTC (which will cost much higher thus restricting it to those who can affort pvt vehicle). Again autorickshaw and taxis are to be made more user friendly.

Add to this a measure to make using (not buying) a pvt vehicle during peek hours costier (toll booths, heavy fines for traffic violation).

From our part we should encourage and cooperate with such solutions.

jbenny2001
22nd September 2005, 10:52 AM
Why dont the bus number boards on BMTC vehicles be in both languages (Kannada and English) with numbers written very clearly. This will encourae more bus users.

Sandeep
22nd September 2005, 11:42 AM
Thats the first thing that needs to be done. Destination has to be given in English.

Shakthiprabha.
27th September 2005, 12:50 PM
I'm sure uve all read about the brave woman, who
blocked our honourable CM's vehicle, MADE HIM get down,
and walk thro the PUTTENNAHALLI MAIN ROAD.

Well, Since I happen to be a sad resident of the same
area, I WISH, atleast after this there is some
action taken by the govt.

Any autorickshaws scowl and give us a sick look,
if we ask them to ride over this road. As a passenger,
we get uneasy with these auto wala's look, and also
the alarming raise the auto metre shows. A leap
of 50 paise, for every 5 steps. I find it so terrorised,
bout both the metre and the auto driver,
that I stop the auto somewhere immy after entering
the road, and walk back royally to my home.

We were all so dissapointed, reg the puttennahalli
block that the single woman did the other day. Had we known,
she would have had solid support from many residents
here, and sure our honourable CM would have not moved
from that place for another half an hour. I guess
thats all we can do?!?!?

If we happen to travel by 2 wheeler, its the most
scary and thrilling exp, to expect anything anytime.

IF puttennahalli road is done, DEF the credit goes to
the woman who showed her contempt. Then all bangalore
residents would learn, the way to get ur road done is,
BLOCK THE CM when he is entering ur roadi.eIF HE ENTERS!
Now, that he has had a bad exp, he woudl be too careful
to avoid residential areas, or to smoothly drive away
only in MG ROAD AND BRIGADES.

Badri
27th September 2005, 12:56 PM
Shakthiprabha: What was this incident? Could you pls share with us or give a link to read it about?

jbenny2001
27th September 2005, 01:06 PM
Sakthipraba,
It is brave indeed that lady blocked the CM's convoy. But this kind of single bravery does not help. I pray to God that after some days, the Government machinery should not start torture towards that lady's house in all possible ways. Once this kind of incident happened to TN CM J Jayalalitha. After 4 months when all forgot that incident, they started torturing the particular person by the following ways:-
Tax officials came to house saying that house tax is not properly evaluated and hiked by 2.5times.

TNEB persons came and told that they are using more power than the installed capacity and disconnected the power. When he went to the court, it was proved that he was actually drawing more KW than applied in the application form when he first applied for connection. After 8 months after begging and spending huge bribe, he got back the connection.

Metro water personnel came and started torturing that he has installed 3/4" dia pipe instead of 1/2" dia pipe as per norms. They disconnected and restoration cost him too much.

Planning officials came home and inspected the house and started torturing that he has built more sq.feet than approved by the MMDA.

Like this tortures will come. Please advise that lady to be very careful in future.

We have to live with this kind of situation for another 100years (by then we will die and our children will be posting similar notes like this)

jbenny2001
27th September 2005, 01:08 PM
Can any one please give the email id of MD-BMTC

Shakthiprabha.
27th September 2005, 02:09 PM
hi badri,

Check out the link.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/articleshow/msid-1221348,prtpage-1.cms

benny,

Thats sure scary. I suppose this woman need not worry, as we could see, swarms of ppl sorrounding her immediately and raising voice against CM. Even otherwise that day, he seemed to have experienced similar situations at various residential layouts.

Anyway like what u said, even ages after, the fact that our progeny, would write similar woes, does not sound very improbable.

Sad indeed.

jbenny2001
27th September 2005, 03:52 PM
Hi Prabha,

Hope Karnataka CM is not as offensive as TN CM wrt revenge taking. All the best for that lady and your area to get a facelift. Like this if many people come forward all areas will be improved. Now they are talking too much about traffic curbing and Core Business District etc., They forget a simple fact that if all interior roads are laid well, most of the traffic on the main roads will be eased. Again they will concentrate on the main roads only, when so many interior roads in Koramangala, Indira Nagar, Jeevan Bhima Nagar look like Hiroshima after the nuclear Bomb strike.

Shakthiprabha.
17th October 2005, 03:08 PM
hi all,

After that puttennahalli incident, I should mention that THE ROAD GOT BAD, WORSE AND WORST. With recent rains, I feel like ive landed on moon with all those deep crators!

Some days back, I had to travel somewhere near by on a rainy day. I went in search for an autorickshaw, as my bad luck would have it (esp always with autos) I had no auto driver who was gracious enough to take me to the place I want. I even offered to bribe th em saying I would give 15 rupees!
No luck! Finally I sauntered my way carefully avoiding pits and ponds.

Amidst all this irritation I could not help laughing when one auto driver I encountered, replied with a big grin

"En madam puttenna halli main road aa.... bangarantha ondhu road..... barakkaagalla ri"

Really 'bangara' road only! So pricy that RAIN STEALS THE Road away :))))))))

Very soon I plan to write in TOI regarding this Road. Whilst CM is having tough time tackling recent issues, let him add this one to his list.