PDA

View Full Version : Ilayaraja's world tour

Shwethasosale
23rd September 2005, 08:27 AM
Hey Guys,

I know this site is dedicated to the maestro, and Iam one of the arednt fans of his like you all.
Did anyone of you about his world wide tour in 2005? Is he coming to US any idea guys? I stay to a near by place called Yogaville in VA where he used to come once in a while fro his meditation purposes, not off late.
So guys keep me posted if any info.

Thanks
Shwetha

app_engine
23rd September 2005, 07:27 PM
After the big announcement to the press, I think there was absolutely no activity on that count. And with things shaping up positively for TbI, I think this is now forgotten...

Cacaphonix
23rd September 2005, 07:34 PM
yes,

this "world tour" is also becoming yet another "symphony in RPO".

At this rate IR will lose all his fans' belief on him

vijayr
23rd September 2005, 11:15 PM
World tour, if it stands cancelled would be good news for me. IR's time would be better spent composing something new, than performing his same old 80s songs again and again.

rajdes
26th September 2005, 11:18 AM
vijayr, agree with you.
IR, atleast post 80's IR, is not a performer. Period.
He is an artist, an unparalleled one at that, and he should not go back to his Pre-TFM days.

njv
26th September 2005, 09:54 PM
vijayr, agree with you.
IR, atleast post 80's IR, is not a performer. Period.
He is an artist, an unparalleled one at that, and he should not go back to his Pre-TFM days.

yes, from 80s to 2005 close to 400 movies came out from a non performer. Of these 400, more than 250 are super hit songs, again from non-performer.

You say IR should go back to pre-80s and then say that TIS is lot like pre-80s and then finally say "i dont know why IR is doing the same stuff he did in 80s".

:roll:

Cacaphonix
26th September 2005, 10:36 PM
njv

post-80s means 90s and above.

in other words, consider it as post-rahman arrival.

vijayr
26th September 2005, 10:59 PM
and "performer" refers to stage performances or concerts, not his performance in TFM

njv, avasara avasarama reply paNNa ippadi dhaan :-)

rajdes
27th September 2005, 10:16 AM
njv,
1. Read my post carefully.
2. Look up the dictionary for the word performer
3. Not means "NOT"

njv
27th September 2005, 07:53 PM
njv,
1. Read my post carefully.
2. Look up the dictionary for the word performer
3. Not means "NOT"

You guys just publish something and you yourself find a meaning for it. Its really funny.

rajdes
28th September 2005, 10:33 AM
njv, amuse yourself. I am not going to get into a personal ego clash with you. What I meant was pretty clear. The meaning of the word performer is pretty obvious from the context - if you didnt understand that, fine. You had a genuine right to mix up that term with the other meaning of the word and get annoyed at the implication that would bring - that IR didnt 'perform' in TFM.

What irks me is that you would read "..he should not go back to his Pre-TFM days." as "he should go back to his Pre-TFM days". Whats more you would interpret that as "IR should go back to his pre-80's days".

That's plain carelessness and if you cant see that and if you want to gain some self-satisfaction by convincing yourself that I spoke nonsense, as I said, amuse yourself.

However, next time you fly off the handle, I suggest you use this experience and read the original post twice again carefully - might save you and others a lot of time.