PDA

View Full Version : Important Notice (Pls READ)

dev
27th September 2005, 12:20 PM
Dear hubbers,

Please make note that the recipes posted in the hub should bear credits (link,acknowledgement, or whatever), unless it is your own. Or we are in copyrights trouble.

Nichiro
8th November 2005, 11:20 AM
What about some members who have posted
stolen recipes and posted on record on hub ??

NOV
8th November 2005, 11:53 AM
Welcome back Hemant!

Pls provide us with proof and we will request for acknowledgement, failing which, delete the offending posts/threads.

Nichiro
10th November 2005, 08:06 AM
Dear NOV,

It would be inappropriate for me to post links here. When I had pointed this out, my post was unceremoniously removed. Not only that, the offending lady who has just three year's experience in cooking is running a thriving topic of hundreds upon hundreds of recipes.

Mrs. Mano and myself have devoted over 40 years in art of cooking and it just pains me when I read such stolen, cut and paste stuff.
If you insist, I will post links to such original recipes from where the FH posted stuff appears.

Please let me know if mere deleting such recipes is enough ?

NOV
11th November 2005, 07:13 AM
Please furnish us with proofs for us to take action. We also go by the innocent-till-proven-otherwise maxim.

Several people have made queries through PMs on this issue.

1. We are firm in our view that all Hubbers should provide credit, for material that is not original. The best bet of course is just to give a direct link, and then post queries or comments.

2. We will not act on insinuations alone. Please do not make this Forum a political platform.

3. Hubbers are advised to carry on with thier discussions and sharing of recipes and tips, without any unease. All disputes will be handled on a case to case basis.

Nichiro
11th November 2005, 09:16 AM
Dear NOV,
I am sending you links which speak for themselves through Personal mail.
Nichiro

kavithasenthil
11th November 2005, 09:55 PM
Hello Nov,
Thanks for ur information before delete the SUNTV thread. I saved R's important tips. Thanks once again.

a_gopinathan
11th November 2005, 11:55 PM
hi nov, rr,

i was wondering why you decided to trash Sun tv recepie collection. it was a very good thread and i realy feel sad about it. it was great to read all the recepies posted by R and she was doing a wonderful job. hope you could retain it

rgds
anju

vm
12th November 2005, 03:53 AM
Dear RR,

Pl. dont delete the Sun tv thread as it is very useful for people who dont have access for it. Since the Thread name speaks for itself, there is no stealing or coping and Ms. R has dedicated her time by posting those recipes and nowhere she claimed that its her recipe. Kindly reconsider before deleting the thread.

Regards,

VM

Urmila
12th November 2005, 10:02 AM
Administrators,
It is certainly not fair to delete this Suntv thread --- it is equal to Mr. Hemant's & Mrs.Mano's threads, as R has sincerely shared all her experiences/tips and not even once has she taken credit for any of the recipes. It is always mentioned the TV Programme or her cousin or her friends version, like that only. What copyright issues can there be ? In fact, I feel it is the Dhaba Recipes thread which is more plagarised, [assuming that this thread is what MR.Hemant mentioned], wherein more than half of the recipes are not even the usual Dhaba fare !!
Keep it locked if you prefer but Kindly please DO NOT DELETE the hard work, huge amounts of time spent on this thread by such a nice person as Mrs.R --- in no way can it be justified.
Regards,
Urmila Raheja.

RR
12th November 2005, 11:50 AM
Kindly please DO NOT DELETE the hard work, huge amounts of time spent on this thread by such a nice person as Mrs.R --- in no way can it be justified.
Hi,

If you read my msg carefully, it was Mrs.R who requested it to be deleted.

Alan
17th November 2005, 10:11 AM
Can you please bring back the Dhabha thread. Those were excellent recipes by Mrs. Bhargavi Raj.

dev
17th November 2005, 10:18 AM
Alan,

As said earlier, dhaba recipes thread has been temporarily suspended as there are allegations on copyright infringement... We are looking into the matter... Please bear with us until the issue is solved...

bharathganesh
24th August 2007, 03:37 PM
Hi

Recently came across a nice recipe blog, written by Nandita Iyer.

http://saffrontrail.blogspot.com/

Good one actually.

-Bharath
http://blog.bharathganesh.com

bingleguy
24th August 2007, 08:45 PM
This is extremely important i guess ... Thanks DEV for the information .... not wantedly, but ppl are always kind of forced to do a copy paste .... and it is missed out to be acknowledged .... just with sheer negligence....

We need to respect the copyrights :-)