PDA

View Full Version : ~ ARYA ~ and his Movies

Pages : 1 2 [3]

rachel
29th May 2006, 10:21 AM
They say that the script is powerful and will suit Arya’s tough and rough screen image.

script is powerful :? how do they know about it? :roll:

cancer
29th May 2006, 12:34 PM
Arya didnt acted well in Kalaba Kadhalan...

Sinthiya
29th May 2006, 07:57 PM
Arya's acting was good in Kalaba Kadhalan....
but the story was bad....:x....

selvakumar
29th May 2006, 07:59 PM
Arya's acting was good in Kalaba Kadhalan....
but the story was bad....:x....

:roll:

Sinthiya
29th May 2006, 08:12 PM
:)...yes....:roll:....

ranjit_g
30th May 2006, 02:00 AM
arya in bala's movie-shud b interesting

romio
2nd June 2006, 10:29 AM
[tscii:2bdd7775b3]Arya - In a fix!

By Moviebuzz | Friday, 02 June , 2006, 09:37

There are more twist and turns to the Njan Kadavul casting than the script of any recent Tamil film! Arya’s keenness to do Bala’s Njan Kadavul has put him in a fix! He has written a letter to Nadigar Sangam threatening to commit suicide, if director Saran continues to harass him to start work on his film under “Gemini Banner”.
At the same time, Saran the perfect ‘gentleman’ that he is, has approached the Tamil Film Producer’s Council (TFPC) requesting them to issue a red card against Arya agreeing to work in his film and then moving over to Bala’s film without his consent!

Saran had paid Arya an advance of Rs 15 Lakhs which he is yet to return. Arya was requesting Saran ever since he decided to do Bala’s film to adjust the dates so that he can accommodate both the films, but Saran was in no mood to relent as he wanted priority over Bala’s film.

And Bala who is ready with the script, also wants to start the shoot of Njan Kadavul immediately which has put Arya in a piquant situation. Bala is putting pressure on Arya to start work by June 15 and if Arya is not able to sort out the issue with Saran, he will have to turn to Narain who is waiting in the queue to be the hero!

Bala is facing another problem in the form of Bhavana who agreed to do Njan Kadavul as Ajit was the hero and now if Narain replaces Arya, she has made it clear that she will not be a part of the film!

:shock: :shock: [/tscii:2bdd7775b3]

Justice
2nd June 2006, 11:10 AM
dis is crasy yo!! :lol:

kidils
2nd June 2006, 11:21 AM
[tscii:3c3c483caa]
He has written a letter to Nadigar Sangam threatening to commit suicide, if director Saran continues to harass him to start work on his film under “Gemini Banner”.

:shock: :roll: [/tscii:3c3c483caa]

selvakumar
2nd June 2006, 12:33 PM
dis is crasy yo!! :lol:

:rotfl:

wow.........What an excellant news from sify :lol: and crazy too :rotfl:

Poor Arya who caught up in the rumour circle ! :lol:

Surya
3rd June 2006, 02:10 AM
:rotfl: :rotfl: COMMIT SUICIDE!?! :rotfl: :rotfl:

Thirumaran
3rd June 2006, 04:46 AM
Favourite Top 10 movies according to Actor Arya..

1. Sethu
2. Thalapathy
3. Apoorva Sagotharargal
4. Nayakan
5. Kathal Kondaen
6. Brave heart
7. Gladiator
8. Titanic
9. Blood Sport
10. Indian

:thumbsup:

Ghlli
4th June 2006, 03:08 AM
arya acted in those movies? :rotfl:

manmadan
4th June 2006, 04:11 AM
good performance by aarya in pattiyal, barath also. :thumbsup:

kb
4th June 2006, 10:55 AM
[tscii:ebd62f7e9e]
Arya forced to do Saran’s film!

the Tamil Film Producers Council (TFPC) and Nadigar Sangam have unanimously come into an agreement that Arya should do Saran’s Vattaram first. So a reluctant Arya is under pressure to do Saran’s film.

TFPC will also speak to Bala and request him to start Njan Kadavul after Arya finishes Vattaram. Their argument is that after all Bala has waited all these months, can wait for another three months to start the project.

AXN Action Awards Meanwhile a peeved Arya has made it clear that he will abide by whatever decision Bala takes. If Bala is willing to postpone his film, Arya will be a relieved man. Or if he decides to go ahead and start the shoot immediately, Arya will join the shoot! The ball is now in Bala’s court. He will have to make the first move. [/tscii:ebd62f7e9e]

ranjit_g
4th June 2006, 11:53 AM
Top 10 movies of Actor Arya...

1. Sethu
2. Thalapathy
3. Apoorva Sagotharargal
4. Nayakan
5. Kathal Kondaen
6. Brave heart
7. Gladiator
8. Titanic
9. Blood Sport
10. Indian

:? :?

Thirumaran
4th June 2006, 06:12 PM
Top 10 movies of Actor Arya...

1. Sethu
2. Thalapathy
3. Apoorva Sagotharargal
4. Nayakan
5. Kathal Kondaen
6. Brave heart
7. Gladiator
8. Titanic
9. Blood Sport
10. Indian

:? :?

:oops: those are his favourite movies. :P

rachel
8th June 2006, 03:13 AM
yesterday i watched paatiyal....oh..it was so sad...
:cry: :cry:

i felt so aweful when i watched the scenes where both were killed by their trusted friends....so terrible..... :cry: :cry: :cry:

after watching the film yesterday i couldn't get sleep....so sad... :cry: :cry:

Ghlli
10th June 2006, 02:47 AM
ya! i felt sad and annoyed when they both got killed! soo sad :cry:

bharaths acting was like awwww! soo cute and...u felt like syaing paavam....

songs were excellent!

poojas acting was really good....it fitted in exactly for tht role!

kidils
12th June 2006, 10:47 PM
Pattiyal - my review

It probably was a good movie. But I didn't like it, not my type of movie. May also have to do with the crappy DVD quality.
The second half was interesting and watchable. But I was bored during the first half. Gangsters and romance.... doesn't work well for me. I can see Padmapriya-Arya angle, but I fail to see why a girl like Pooja would fall for a guy like Bharath. Totally unconvincing stuff.
Padmapriya was annoying, Pooja was unnecessary (same as in Thambi). Arya was ok. But Bharath was really good.
Too many songs that come in at random places. Too much violence.
Overall, I feel it was a major sin to compare this guy to Manirathnam.

Justice
15th June 2006, 10:06 AM
http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13709686&hgallery=14227651
Naan Kadavul launch..

what.. arya has not long hair :roll:

rachel
15th June 2006, 10:12 AM
http://sify.com/imagegallery/gallery/index.php?hcategory=13709686&hgallery=14227651
Naan Kadavul launch..

bhavana is sad because it's not ajith... :(

villan007
15th June 2006, 10:16 AM
Naan Kadavul launch..

bhavana is sad because it's not ajith... :(

ya :cry:

Arya eppo mudi valathi eppo padam start pannurathu :roll:

rachel
15th June 2006, 10:17 AM
Pattiyal - my review

It probably was a good movie. But I didn't like it, not my type of movie. May also have to do with the crappy DVD quality.
The second half was interesting and watchable. But I was bored during the first half. Gangsters and romance.... doesn't work well for me. I can see Padmapriya-Arya angle, but I fail to see why a girl like Pooja would fall for a guy like Bharath. Totally unconvincing stuff.
Padmapriya was annoying, Pooja was unnecessary (same as in Thambi). Arya was ok. But Bharath was really good.
Too many songs that come in at random places. Too much violence.
Overall, I feel it was a major sin to compare this guy to Manirathnam.

yeah..the highlight of the film is that both guys got killed tragically at the end... that's all..ok film...IMO

padmapriya- arya romance was cool..but i don't know why she was raped... :roll:

pooja bharath love was boring...

ok film...

Justice
15th June 2006, 10:20 AM
I wonder why arya has no long hair for this movie :roll:

Maybe he'll start growing it from today, start acting in it next year, and release it in 2008 :clap:

kb
15th June 2006, 08:25 PM
After all twists and turns, director Bala has finally settled for Arya to play the lead role in his Naan Kadavul.

Initially Ajith was supposed to act in the film and the director had even paid him a meaty sum as advance. At the last moment he pulled out from the project and several names started to do the rounds.

Finally Bala has settled down with Arya.

Arya, who has accepted Charan's Vattaram, would do Naan Kadavul once Vattaram is completed.

Bala has apparently agreed to commence shooting of his Naan Kadavul after Vattaram is through.

Bala, heaping praises on Arya, said, 'he would certainly fit the role and would be a movie to reckon with in his career.'

Bala has so far churned out Sethu, Nandha and Pithamagan.

for gallery..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/Events/9868.html

Ramakrishna
15th June 2006, 11:39 PM
Bala announces Naan Kadavul with Arya!
June 15, 2006

Finally, the moment arrives. Naan Kadavul, which has been static for a long time, is finally ready to hit the floors. First there was the problem with actor Ajith's dates, and then, young heartthrob Arya, came into the picture. The controversy with director Saran ensued, who claimed that Arya has to finish his film first and then work with Bala. It almost looked like Bala would again start looking for another actor, but things have finally settled, and the film is all set to begin with Arya.
Arya Bala

Arya, who gave quite an impressive performance in Pattiyal, is excited about this venture, and who wouldn't be? Bala, who is known to draw out the best in an actor, is responsible for Vikram and Surya's success as well. Even today, both Vikram and Surya would vouch for the intensity involved in Bala's productions that only enriches their learning and makes the overall experience worth its time.
Produced by Thaenappan, music by maestro Ilayaraja, Bhavana as the lead actress, and Kannada actor Devaraj as the villain, Naan Kadavul shows all the necessary signs of being a quintessential Bala film. Dialogues have been penned by popular novelist, Jayamohan, while P Krishnamuthy handles the art direction.
Sources reveal that Krishnamurthy, renowned classical singer and winner of the Kalaimamani award this year, is also said to play a role in the film.

August 15 is when the film is said to hit the floors with most of the shooting in Palani and Kasi, and Arya will complete his present commitments like Auto and Vattaram, before he devotes his time and energies to Bala's film.

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/events/Photos-1/naan-kadavul/index.html

kb
28th August 2006, 07:48 AM
naan kadavul shooting starts..

promo

http://i4.tinypic.com/25svqqb.jpg

namba oorla bubble gum muttaia bommai and watch maathiri senchi vikkaravan maathiri illa :lol:

Sinthiya
28th August 2006, 09:16 AM

promo

namba oorla bubble gum muttaia bommai and watch maathiri senchi vikkaravan maathiri illa :lol:
:lol:....:evil:.... :oops: ...

thanks for posting the pic!
:ty:

Thirumaran
28th August 2006, 06:39 PM

promo

They could have kept the dialogue MittaiMagan :shock: :P

great
28th August 2006, 07:14 PM
I have just seen this still, apart from this there are two other still which are displayed !!!

Those stills are rocking . I am eagerly awaiting for this movie :D

Sinthiya
29th August 2006, 09:49 PM
I have just seen this still, apart from this there are two other still which are displayed !!!

Those stills are rocking . I am eagerly awaiting for this movie :D
where are the other stills? link pls... :roll:

kb
29th August 2006, 09:55 PM

:lol:

how abt these.. inspired from urs

mittai mirasu
javendru oru mittai
aayiram mittai seytha aboorva aarya :lol:

Thirumaran
30th August 2006, 12:39 AM

:lol:

how abt these.. inspired from urs

mittai mirasu
javendru oru mittai
aayiram mittai seytha aboorva aarya :lol:
vaenaam ithukku maela sonneenganna Sinthiya azhuthuduvaanga :cry:

Sinthiya
22nd September 2006, 09:03 AM
:yes:.... :cry: .....
anyways, revive 8-) ....( :x )....

Thirumaran
23rd September 2006, 07:22 AM
:yes:.... :cry: .....
anyways, revive 8-) ....( :x )....

5% :evil:

Sinthiya
24th September 2006, 10:06 AM
:confused2:

Sinthiya
24th September 2006, 10:07 AM
Vattaram at Chennai Harbor
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, July 11, 2006]

Director Saran's home production Vattaram featuring Arya and Delhi model Kirat went to floors a few days ago. The producer-director shot for the movie at the Chennai Harbor on Monday.

Thankfully for Arya, the shooting is on at a rapid pace. Only after completion of Vattaram he can be available for director Bala for Naan Kadavul.

Vattaram is reportedly a typical Saran's movie with right commercial mix.

Quite typical to his earlier movies, Vattaram would have comedy, action, romance and sentiments in the right mix.

Arya, having completed his Auto, is shooting for a stunt sequence at Chennai Harbor. Plans are also on to shoot the film in busy roads of Chennai.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/23657.html

8-) .... :P ...

kb
24th September 2006, 10:10 AM
it seems it is pronounced as Naan ............... kadavul..
which means "me and god".. not " i am god" :? :?

Sinthiya
24th September 2006, 10:10 AM
[tscii:67b8840d75]Arya on the move
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 15, 2006]

Guess who is the man with the most number of films in Tamil now?

Simple it is Arya. 8-) :redjump:

The handsome hero has all the right banners under his kitty.

After Pattiyal’s success, Arya is on an overdrive.

He is doing Auto for debutant Pushkar. A P J Film Gardens are the producers.

Pooja is the heroine. :) 8-)

Then he has Vattaram for Saran.

Arya is now being talked of a long-race horse as he can walk into any kind of role.

After Naan Kadavul with Bala, he is expected to reach a new peak.

Arya is understandably happy. But he is keen to keep the wheel in motion.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/25294.html

can't wait.... :P ... :)
[/tscii:67b8840d75]

asan
25th September 2006, 07:39 PM
vattaram trailer -something different

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/8533.html

Thirumaran
27th September 2006, 01:43 AM
it seems it is pronounced as Naan ............... kadavul..
which means "me and god".. not " i am god" :? :?

In both the way the concept looks different and good. :) Let us see what bala has in store for us :P

kidils
28th September 2006, 09:57 AM
it could also be that God is saying "naan kadavul"

kidils
28th September 2006, 09:59 AM

director is saran... i dont expect anything different from him... :?

Thirumaran
29th September 2006, 02:15 AM
it could also be that God is saying "naan kadavul"

I hope Bala is not taking a comedy movie :roll:

Surya
29th September 2006, 04:36 AM

I don't see anything different, it seems like the same Gang Story, but the presentation looks awesome from the trailor! BGM sounds cool too! 8-)

Surya
29th September 2006, 04:40 AM
There's a rumor going around that Naan Kadavul preaches Atheism since they think that the title implies that There is no Actual God, I am God! :banghead: Not True!!

In one of Bala's interviews, he says that NK is about a Saadhu in Varnaasi. No Atheism what so ever.

The Title Naan Kadavul implies to the Hindu Concept of Tat Vam Asi. Where All is one and one is all, everything is part of a Universal soul or being which is God. 8-)

Atheism is no-where in Picture!

Sinthiya
29th September 2006, 08:11 AM
revive 8-)....:rotfl:....

nice trailor :P....

P_R
29th September 2006, 08:58 AM
The Title Naan Kadavul implies to the Hindu Concept of Tat Vam Asi. Where All is one and one is all, everything is part of a Universal soul or being which is God. 8-)[/b]
Dunno yet what Bala has in mind so till then theories will abound.

He would have touched upon this in Nandha in Rajkiran's role.

In the scene where the collector comes home and talks about the statue-removal, his daughter is praying in the pooja-room ringing a bell. Rajkiran shouts out (sic) : nirutha solrA avaLai..iva maNi adichuthAn sAmi varappOvudhA ?

In a later (slighly corny) scene when he gets drunk he quotes from the Gita and says: aniyaayathai edhirkkiravan athanai pErum sAmi da. idhukkAga (signals upwards saying mEla irundhu) thaniyA varumA ?

So we may be justified in suspecting that he is exploring the concept more elaborately in this film.

Surya
29th September 2006, 09:16 AM
The Title Naan Kadavul implies to the Hindu Concept of Tat Vam Asi. Where All is one and one is all, everything is part of a Universal soul or being which is God. 8-)[/b]
Dunno yet what Bala has in mind so till then theories will abound.

He would have touched upon this in Nandha in Rajkiran's role.

In the scene where the collector comes home and talks about the statue-removal, his daughter is praying in the pooja-room ringing a bell. Rajkiran shouts out (sic) : nirutha solrA avaLai..iva maNi adichuthAn sAmi varappOvudhA ?

In a later (slighly corny) scene when he gets drunk he quotes from the Gita and says: aniyaayathai edhirkkiravan athanai pErum sAmi da. idhukkAga (signals upwards saying mEla irundhu) thaniyA varumA ?

So we may be justified in suspecting that he is exploring the concept more elaborately in this film.

Well, that was from an interview that he gave to Vikadan or something. A while back though, when ajith was still in the project, so it was his own words. :)

Those are PHENOMINAL SCENES BTW!! :D :D Infact, my favorite in the movie. 8-)

Tia
30th September 2006, 01:55 AM
oooooooo buffnesss threaddd

ajithfederer
30th September 2006, 02:11 AM
hey gundooooozzzzzzzz

how are u :)

Tia
30th September 2006, 02:26 AM
heyyyyyyyy!!! i'm gd! u?????

Surya
10th October 2006, 06:14 AM
R Vattaram Songs any good? :huh:

Sinthiya
10th October 2006, 07:05 AM
...good...:musicsmile:....

kb
10th October 2006, 07:06 AM
...good...:musicsmile:....

nalla vela revival poduveengolonu ninachen..

two songs are ok :)

Sinthiya
10th October 2006, 07:11 AM
nalla vela revival poduveengolonu ninachen..

:oops: ..

-Mudhal mudhala
-Idhu kadhal kadhal
are good...

Thirumaran
10th October 2006, 07:12 AM
revive 8-)

ajithfederer
10th October 2006, 07:14 AM
adikadi revive aagura orey thread ithu than :oops:

Sinthiya
10th October 2006, 07:17 AM
revive 8-)
:rotfl:.....:thumbsup:....catching on....

adikadi revive aagura orey thread ithu than :oops:
:evil: .. :confused2: ....no revival for the past week... :exactly: ... 8-)

Thirumaran
19th October 2006, 12:39 AM
Arya's girlfriends... :evil:

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2006-10-18/pg13.php

:?

Kollywoodfan
19th October 2006, 03:05 AM
I love that article...he is very open and cute about it...

Anyway Vattaram seems like a good movie and songs are nice too!! :wink:

m_23_bayarea
19th October 2006, 03:07 AM

Yeah Right !! :lol:

Sinthiya
19th October 2006, 08:24 AM
Arya's girlfriends... :evil:

http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2006-10-18/pg13.php

:?
what does it say? :roll: ... :oops:

Erica
19th October 2006, 07:16 PM
[tscii:7bf3910adb]
Naan Kadavul, Auto: trouble brewing for Arya?'

Currently Arya seems to be in news but for all the wrong reasons. This actor who has shown that he can emote well on screen had replaced Ajith in Bala’s much talked about project Naan Kadavul. This film is budgeted at 15 crores, which has raised the expectations of the film industry, primarily due to Bala who has established a place for himself in the industry.

But according to the grapevine, Arya may be given the ‘golden handshake’. Though this piece of information is not yet confirmed, it would surely be a disappointment for Arya’s fans. The reason that was pointed out was that Arya does not possess the necessary market value. If there are no takers for such big budgeted films, the producer is sure to incur massive loss. Perhaps having mulled over these issues, Bala may be contemplating to replace Arya. It is also said that Bala is keen about Surya but the latter is said to have been not interested in snatching someone else’s pie.

Another Arya starrer Auto also appears to be in deep quagmire. The film was shown to a lot of distributors who are not interested in buying it. According to them, story element seems to be the issue. But when it comes to distributors, there is always a history of them not gauging a film right. This has been proved in many of the past films. Imsai Arasan and Sethu are the classic examples of such assessment. We only hope that Auto gets released soon and Arya comes out of this trouble soon. All the best Arya.

Source: Behindwoods
---------------------

[/tscii:7bf3910adb]

RC
24th October 2006, 01:49 AM
Review of Vattaram
http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2006/oct/23vatta.htm?q=mbp&file=.htm

Being Saran's film, I thought it would be watchable, if not good.

Surya
24th October 2006, 02:18 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

m_23_bayarea
24th October 2006, 04:56 AM

:rotfl: :rotfl:

:notworthy:

Tia
24th October 2006, 09:30 PM
I watched aryas kallooryin kadhai o sumthing on sun tv a few days ago! hehe it wasn't bad, quite gd :D

wanna watch vattaaram heehe

Surya
25th October 2006, 05:18 AM
I watched aryas kallooryin kadhai o sumthing on sun tv a few days ago! hehe it wasn't bad, quite gd :D

wanna watch vattaaram heehe

Enna chocking-a? :? :P

Tia
25th October 2006, 04:07 PM
:roll: ermm i dunno

raaja_rasigan
29th October 2006, 12:33 PM
clash b/w arya & surya

http://www.dinamalar.com/2006oct22varamalar/thunuk.asp

Sinthiya
1st November 2006, 10:37 PM
Anyone seen Vattaram yet?

ajithfederer
1st November 2006, 10:39 PM
u dint see that :roll:

great
1st November 2006, 10:40 PM

ippadi oru padama :o

ajithfederer
1st November 2006, 10:45 PM
Sinthiya sonna kandippa padam vanthirukkum :wink:

ippadi oru padama :o

Sinthiya
1st November 2006, 10:53 PM
u dint see that :roll:
no...it's not released here...
...will see it at home...

...:roll: ....

kb
1st November 2006, 11:05 PM
naan kaduvul may be shelved..

great
1st November 2006, 11:06 PM
Why ?? I am eagerly awaiting for this movie :shock:

Sinthiya
1st November 2006, 11:08 PM
i don't that movie will ever release... :? ... :oops: ....

kb
1st November 2006, 11:08 PM
thenappan bondi due to vallavan..

bala is lookin for new producer..
he is also arya wont be a crowd puller for a such a big movie 15 cr..

roadsite character padathukku ivlo kaasu thevaiya

Sanjeevi
1st November 2006, 11:12 PM
After long time, Bharadwaj songs are playing in media.

selvakumar
2nd November 2006, 09:35 AM

I saw 50% of the first half. :( To be precise, one of my favorite directors, Saran is losing his touch nowdays. :cry: This movie is not even an average entertainer. Comparing this with the classic AMARKALAM is a sin :x
The songs which do wonder in Saran's movie usually are not the case with this movie.
I am not sure what was the problem with this team. :roll:

villan007
2nd November 2006, 09:45 AM
thenappan bondi due to vallavan..

simbu innoru producer-ium alichitaan :cry:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
2nd November 2006, 03:41 PM
I wasted 2.5 hours and my thalaiver Kamal, reportedly wasted 3 hours, by seeing the movie VATTAARAM...I say 3 hours for him as he could not have had cances to fast forward the movie :lol:

saran tried to make a racy don story but with very big holes in the story, he fails to impress.

apart from neps, who delivers a natural acting, all are a waste, this story should have failed to impress baradwaj too, thatswhy it has become the WORST of the so-called Baradwaaj Musical :lol:

Hulkster
3rd November 2006, 08:29 AM
Selva :notthatway:

Although Amarkalam had excellent acting/chemistry and a good screenplay from saran its not exactly that good in terms of storyline and direction compared to vattaram. While Amarkalam was more focussed on the romance and had bits and pieces of action sentiment here and there Vattaram is a better scripted movie focussing on underground world of guns and the structure of the underworld.

Amarkalam can be said to be a mass entertainer but Vattaram is more of a slick city thriller. Their script and screenplay are totally different. Vattaram songs are brilliant as well..three soft melodies from bharadwaj. Sadly this movie got overshadowed by varalaaru's stupendous run and vallavan as well if not it would have been a great hit like amarkalam,gemini. Arya and Napolean are the stalwarts of their movie...they just bring out the life in the movuie :2thumbsup:

villan007
3rd November 2006, 08:32 AM
watched vattaram last week.... and all I hav to say is , saran is slowly running out of ideas :(

selvakumar
3rd November 2006, 08:41 AM
Selva :notthatway:

1) Although Amarkalam had excellent acting/chemistry and a good screenplay from saran its not exactly that good in terms of storyline and direction compared to vattaram.
2) While Amarkalam was more focussed on the romance and had bits and pieces of action sentiment here and there
3)Vattaram is a better scripted movie focussing on underground world of guns and the structure of the underworld.

4)Amarkalam can be said to be a mass entertainer but
5) Vattaram is more of a slick city thriller. Their script and screenplay are totally different.
6)Vattaram songs are brilliant as well..three soft melodies from bharadwaj. Sadly this movie got overshadowed by varalaaru's stupendous run and vallavan as well if not it would have been a great hit like amarkalam,gemini. Arya and Napolean are the stalwarts of their movie...they just bring out the life in the movuie :2thumbsup:

:shock: :lol:
Hulkster, I am sure that you didn't get what we meant here as Saran touch :P Vattaaram is a pretty ordinary movie. If this is slick thiller :shock: I don't know in what ways I have to assess a thriller. Bharatwaj songs will become famous once the audio gets released. (Amarkalam) Here it is not the case. Amarkalam excelled in all the departments except a few scens in the climax 8-) Saran excelled in the story narration and screenplay and ya... romance. Here he had tried to give a DON story without focusing on screenplay and romance even :shock:
I am not sure how Vattaaram focuses on underworld. But when I watch the 50% of the first half, it was :lol:

and I stick to my opinion.. I am not sure whether Saran will be able to give a movie like Kaadhal Mannan, Amarkalam anymore 8-)

villan007
3rd November 2006, 08:44 AM
saran's idhayathirudan was way better.. :?

Hulkster
3rd November 2006, 08:50 AM
Saran excelled in the story narration and screenplay and ya... romance. Here he had tried to give a DON story without focusing on screenplay and romance even :shock:

:D The answer is there already..you expected romance inside...there is no need for romance or sentiments in a movie...its not necessary that saran always makes a movie of his typical style like gemini amarkalam kadhal mannan...this time he wanted to be different and really go in depth and try to focus solely on the underworld with the way the way weapons are traded and the risks and the lifes of the characters surrounding them. That is what i feel makes it better than amarkalam. Amarkalam,kadhal mannan are mass entertainers which have romance sentiments and action all mixed in the right elements. Its hard to have movies like that criticised as they have the right mix of everything. But vattaram is different...it can be only seen two ways..either excellent or totally downgraded stuff.

This is because it is not a mass entertainer..if you look at it from a mass point of view its certainly wunt appeal due to the different narration and storyline but if you look from plainly the storyline like VV,Pudhupettai etc etc its certainly a very good attempt.

Anyways its ur opinion and i shall respect that. While some prefer mass elements i prefer a more different and compact storyline/screenplay/direction in the movie. :D

selvakumar
3rd November 2006, 09:16 AM
Its hard to have movies like that criticised as they have the right mix of everything. But vattaram is different...it can be only seen two ways..either excellent or totally downgraded stuff.

Hulk, May I know what do you mean by 'mass elements' present in Amarkalam :shock: :?
Mass elements - Punch Dialogues, Item Number, Vulgar Comedy etc.
Does Amarkalam have these things? :?
I am not a person who expect mass elements. Amarkalam is not a mass movie. It is a ROMANCE + ACTION based movie. It just conveys whether love can change a GANGSTER and Saran excelled in presenting that. The only thing which I remember is : "Kaalam kali kaalam aagi pochudaa song'.
Plus ! As far as Vattaaram is concerned, it is a commercial movie IMO. Though it didn't have the above mentioned mass elements, it did have commercial elements ! It is definitly not a thriller ! It is just yet another ordinary story with some positives here and there. That is why I say that Saran is losing his consistency in screenplay ! :)

At anytime, Amarkalam will be miles ahead of Vattaaram :)

Sinthiya
3rd November 2006, 09:29 AM
Chandhru... :) glad you enjoyed it! thanks! 8-)

Selva... :) thanks for your first-half review...:roll:...

selvakumar
3rd November 2006, 09:35 AM
Selva... :) thanks for your first-half review...:roll:...

:)
Welcome :lol: It is actually 50% of the first-half's review :lol:

Sinthiya
3rd November 2006, 09:44 AM
Welcome :lol: It is actually 50% of the first-half's review :lol:
ok... :( ...
...expecting the rest of the review... :lol: ...SOON.... :P

kb
3rd November 2006, 10:20 AM
actually . vattaram was gud when compared to vallavan..

ajaybaskar
3rd November 2006, 04:11 PM
Vattaram is definitely a watchable film when compare to the other diwali releases barring varalaaru

Hulkster
3rd November 2006, 04:12 PM
Selva no mass does not mean punch dialogues,item number or vulgar comedy. Mass Movies are anything that appeal to the mass audience i.e romance,sentiments,action etc etc. The recent emttan magan is also a mass entertainer which appealed greatly to the audience which is the same for amarkalam. Amarkalam is a mass movie because of the mass elements or in other words a right mixture of romance,sentiment and action etc.

Punch dialogues,item number are what you call "Masala action" movies which are also pointed towards the mass but with the unbalanced mix of romance,sentiment and action. Hope that clears your doubts.

leosimha
3rd November 2006, 04:40 PM
Kamal himself has advised Arya to be careful in selecting such risky roles...after seeing Vattaram..

kb
3rd November 2006, 06:56 PM
saran's idhayathirudan was way better.. :?

:argh:

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
3rd November 2006, 07:26 PM
saran tried to make the movie racy but forgot all the logic, there is no thrill when arya becomes and gets what he wanted, in climax, instead it irritating.......

this doesnt looks like a dons story, at all, total conpees in the plot

neps says his gun business is fully legalized, but he chooses arya from a gundas list, and a gruop of gundas enter into his house thru backside, why is that? if he is doing a multicrore business is that the way to recruit ??

and neps will belive all the assumptions arya makes, withourt any doubt..

multi crore neps is dependent on iravatham only who looks like a local assistant

in the final scene, neps understands everywthing and after a sothappal fight, he dies, and there is not an iota of doubt for any one

and for no reason the heroine is mad on arya

aalai vudungappa.......aandavarey, neengal mattum saran padaththil nadiththail athu innoru aalavanthaan aaga mudiyum wnpathil sirithalavum doubtillai

Hulkster
3rd November 2006, 09:04 PM
Kamal himself has advised Arya to be careful in selecting such risky roles...after seeing Vattaram..

What kamal told was not to take unnecessary risks when doing such dangerous action scenes.... :D

i guess the heroine being mad on arya was a very bad mistake but other than that the movie was slick and stylish...but i dunt see any illogic in the gun trading deal....thats what happens in the underworld....fake on the outside real in the inside. :D

NOV
5th November 2006, 11:01 AM
[tscii]VATTARAM – A Review

Another Deepavali movie beginning with the letter V, after Varalaru and Vallavan.
Yet another three hour movie! :shock:
Cinema had less than 20 people and although it was rated 18, I saw at least two kids. :roll:

The story of Vattaaram (Territory) is simply of revenge and can be easily described as “kooda irundhu kuzhi pariththal” The difference from other similar movies is the treatment given by Director Saran and Arya, in a role seemingly tailor-made for him.

Nassar works as a chauffer for business tycoon Gurupaadham (Napolean). When Nassar and his son junior Arya are caught sleeping on Napolean’s chair (described as ariyasanam!) they are beaten and chased out of the house. Unable to handle the humiliation, Nassar commits suicide, but not before extracting a promise from his son that one day he should be sitting on the Ariyasanam. How Arya (named Burma!) gains entry into Gurupadham’s circle, becomes his faithful and seeks revenge forms the crux of the movie. In the process, Guru’s daughter naturally falls in love with Arya to allow us to feast some beauties among the beasts. :D

The methods employed by Arya to remove Guru’s people is interesting enough and sets the stage for some thrilling moments. However, right from the word go, Saran serves too much of everything resulting in overdoses of killings, fights, songs, etc and eventually a 3 hour movie. Arya does his role well except for some instances when his voice does not match the aggression in his actions. :lol:
Heroine looks like the late actress Soundarya and is very pleasant to the eyes. ;) The movie also features a host of TV serial stars and after a while becomes a spot the star game.

I read somewhere that Vattaram is supposed to be another Bharadwaj extravaganga. However, neither the songs are popular nor did they impress on screen. I don’t know whether they will impress upon repeated hearings.

Overall Vattaram is a decent movie worth at least a watch.

Sinthiya
12th November 2006, 01:49 AM
Arya in or out?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 11, 2006]

Director Bala is known for keeping details close to his heart. The acclaimed director, who has so far directed movies including Sethu, Nandha and Pithamagan, was all set to commence Naan Kadavul.

Initially, Bala was supposed to cast Ajith in the lead role. When everything was set for Naan Kadavul to go to floors, a section of the press carried reports that Bala has shown red card to Arya and has gone back to his lucky mascot Vikram, who is currently shooting for Bheema.

Though producer P L Thenappan brushed aside the reports as mere rumors, speculations were rife that Vikram would replace Arya.

Finally it was up to Bala to clear all confusion. The director on Friday put an end to all speculation. He categorically denied any idea to replace Arya.

'We have completed the photo shoot and everything is in store to commence shooting. The recent rain had played spoilsport on commencing the shooting'.

He said that Vikram met him on a personal basis.

Naan Kadavul will be shot in places like Kasi, he added.

----------

:? ....Make up your mind already!.... :roll: ... :evil: ...

bulb_mani
12th November 2006, 01:53 AM

What kamal told was not to take unnecessary risks when doing such dangerous action scenes.... :D

i guess the heroine being mad on arya was a very bad mistake but other than that the movie was slick and stylish...but i dunt see any illogic in the gun trading deal....thats what happens in the underworld....fake on the outside real in the inside. :D

I think he would have meant about the expression part... Arya's emoting is all the more same in all his movies... i think he needs to work on emoting :? Voice modulation too is not upto the mark... Otherwise he is :D a hunk with pretty good acting skills ....

Thirumaran
6th December 2006, 01:59 PM
[tscii:47266d61cf] :shock: No revival for past one month :o

Sinthiya, this is very bad :notthatway:

Bala-Arya in Kasi!

By Moviebuzz

At last, Bala has started the shoot of the crucial scenes of Njan Kadavul in the Hindu holy town of Benaras (Varanasi) on the banks of Ganga, early on Tuesday (Dec 5) morning.

Varanasi in Kasi is deeply associated with Ganga River. Bala’s Njan Kadavul is about an atheist who initially mocks at Hindu religion and transforms into a holy man after he visits Kasi! Bala has also brought nearly 300 Tamil speaking sadhus from Chennai (see pic) to Varanasi for the shoot as junior artists.

For the last one week, prior to the shoot, Arya was doing rehearsals on how he should walk, talk, his posture and look of the character. He practiced yoga and meditation and completely got transformed into the character that he is doing. He even learned slokas and was reciting Shambo Mahadeva…Har Har Mahadev Ki Jai!

Njan Kadavul is going to be a path breaking film and Bala is fully immersed in it. He is a gutsy director and is perhaps the first director to get permission to shoot in the holy city.

Remember that the internationally acclaimed director Mira Nair could not get permission to shoot her controversial Water here.

:) [/tscii:47266d61cf]

smith
6th December 2006, 07:12 PM
Bala, a gutsy director? ok.

But will he have the guts to mock at any other religion than hinduism?

bulb_mani
6th December 2006, 07:14 PM
Bala, a gutsy director? ok.

But will he have the guts to mock at any other religion than hinduism?

:lol: :lol:

Of all the posts u made i like this one :P

imsai
6th December 2006, 07:16 PM
Finally, he made sense. This is a memorable day in my hubbing career; I've marked it in my calender.

bulb_mani
6th December 2006, 07:17 PM
Finally, he made sense. I've marked this memorable day in my hubbing career :)

smith
6th December 2006, 07:20 PM
According to U guys, jalra adichifying ajith is sense & other comments are nonsense.

Then, how come this compliment?

Ajith fans sure are an amusement to this thread. :-)

bulb_mani
6th December 2006, 07:22 PM
According to U guys, jalra adichifying ajith is sense & other comments are nonsense.

Then, how come this compliment?

U never jara adichified Ajith in that post... the rleigion thing we agreed to... otherwise entire hub knows ur crappy posts... sure ur a charlie chaplin to us :P

imsai
6th December 2006, 07:25 PM

and found a tough competition from YOU :)

Sinthiya
7th December 2006, 09:05 AM
:shock: No revival for past one month :o
Sinthiya, this is very bad :notthatway:
i tried... :P ...next week, revival of the ladies... :wink: :lol:
/dig

finally the shooting begins... :)

kb
7th December 2006, 09:20 AM
yaaaru naan kadavul padathukku ivlo vote potaanga..

it is ahead of alwar in behindwoods poll :roll:

villan007
7th December 2006, 09:22 AM
oru vela unga aalugala irupaangalo :lol:

Sinthiya
7th December 2006, 09:24 AM
yaaaru naan kadavul padathukku ivlo vote potaanga..

it is ahead of alwar in behindwoods poll :roll:
:o ... :roll: ...enakku itha pathi onnume theriyathu :( ...

where can i vote? :lol:

villan007
7th December 2006, 09:25 AM
where can i vote? :lol:

how many times you're gonna vote ? :sigh2:

kb
7th December 2006, 09:26 AM
oru vela unga aalugala irupaangalo :lol:

adapaavigala.. podarathum potaanga.. shivajiku potrundha nambaramaathrii irrukum :lol:

sinthya polling overu inimetu mudiyaathu..

btw.. enaku behindwoods mela santhegam... as in the start they gave naan kadavul no 3 ahead of pokiri and alwar :roll:

villan007
7th December 2006, 09:27 AM
btw.. enaku behindwoods mela santhegam... as in the start they gave naan kadavul no 3 ahead of pokiri and alwar :roll:

namma aalunga vote poduren gra perla site traffic nalla increse panranga :?

I think this is what they want :oops: :cry:

Sinthiya
7th December 2006, 09:28 AM
how many times you're gonna vote ? :sigh2:
:notthatway:....i have yet to vote...and now it's closed.... :cry: ...

Sinthiya
15th December 2006, 07:42 AM
A silent birthday for Arya :P
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, December 14, 2006]

Arya, who is currently shooting for Naan Kadavul in Varanasi, celebrated his birthday on Monday at the holy town.

It was a quiet birthday celebration for the actor. His friends and well-wishers wished Arya over the phone from Chennai.

The actor is playing the hero in director Bala's Naan Kadavul. The shooting for the movie, being produced by P L Thenappan, commenced in Varanasi a couple of weeks ago. Arya has undergone rigorous practice session to change his body language and dialogue delivery to suit the role.

On his birthday, the actor chose to be in the sets of Bala and shoot for his movie.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27742.html

Sinthiya
15th December 2006, 07:45 AM
so......... 8-)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY ARYA!!
Wishing you all the best in your endeavours.... :P :) ....:bluejump:

Wibha
15th December 2006, 07:53 AM
how old is aarya?? :huh:

Sinthiya
15th December 2006, 08:00 AM
Arya just turned 26....perfect! :P....:D....:lol:....:wink:....

December 11, 1980....my sister's b-day is on the 11th too...:o....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arya_(actor)

Wibha
15th December 2006, 08:05 AM
my frnd's b'day is on 11th TOO

26-a :shock:

he luks younger :(

Sinthiya
18th December 2006, 10:11 AM
Finally watched Vattaram....:) :redjump:

Good story...well done throughout...i enjoyed the songs as well :thumbsup:...
Ending was interesting where Arya shows his feet and tries to help Napolean...8-)

My favourite scenes: :lol:

1. Actually....the Hospital scene where Keerat comes to see Arya; Arya keeps calling her by saying 'aye...aye...' and she keeps turning around and looking at him with a cute smile...:D....so cute!

2. Train scene where Keerat comes to talk to Arya and he says 'actually...unga appa enna paarkanumam...' ; then 'actually...unga annan-num athey thaan sonnan'....so funny!

Arya's voice will improve, for those who have criticized :roll:...i didn't see it as a big deal :huh:...but I think he's got the potential and has done well!! :) :)

:thumbsup:...will see this movie again :P

selvakumar
18th December 2006, 02:45 PM
Arya's voice will improve, for those who have criticized :roll:...i didn't see it as a big deal :huh:...but I think he's got the potential and has done well!! :) :)

:thumbsup:...will see this movie again :P

:lol2: I don't remember anyone here criticizing Arya's voice. Could you please enlighten us on who did that (specifically) ? :lol2:

P.S: Sinthu - It seems even you have learnt the 'Art of Hubbing' completely :lol:

Sinthiya
19th December 2006, 08:41 AM
:notthatway:...no comments...
Selva, you're the 'Master of Hubbing'...i just learn from you... :lol: :wink: ...so thanks! :roll:

selvakumar
19th December 2006, 09:18 AM
:notthatway:...no comments...
Selva, you're the 'Master of Hubbing'...i just learn from you... :lol: :wink: ...so thanks! :roll:

Yes.. Like how we learnt the "Art of Revival" from you :notworthy: :lol: Welcome Anyway ! :lol:

Sinthiya
19th December 2006, 09:32 AM
Yes.. Like how we learnt the "Art of Revival" from you :notworthy: :lol: Welcome Anyway ! :lol:
:lol:...:notworthy:...i'm glad to have made a difference in the revival of threads...

enough dig... :roll:

selvakumar
19th December 2006, 10:17 AM
enough dig... :roll:

:notworthy:

Sinthiya
22nd December 2006, 08:59 AM
[tscii:5dbf19005f]Arya has a miraculous escape

Arya, who is currently shooting for Naan Kadavul in Varanasi, had a close shave on Saturday. He fell from a huge temporary shed and escaped with minor injuries.

Speaking to India Glitz, Arya said, “I thank Almighty for a lucky escape. Though we sustained injuries, we are thankfully still alive.”

“We were shooting a stunt sequence there. During the stunt sequence, I got pushed and I fell on the pole placed several feet above the ground. I and the stunt artistes fell down on the banks of the Ganges. We sustained minor bruises.”

Arya was immediately rushed to a nearby hospital. After getting first-aid, the actor was back to business in the sets of Naan Kadavul.

Heaping laurels on Bala, Arya says, “I am thrilled working with such a talented director. He knows one’s strength and weaknesses and gets the job done accordingly.”

Arya is optimistic that his career would take a new turn after the release of Naan Kadavul.

“I have a friendly crew, and a director who is ready to teach you the basics of acting. I am absolutely fearless now,” says Arya.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/27819.html

:) [/tscii:5dbf19005f]

Sinthiya
30th December 2006, 08:29 AM
Arya in a dual role
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 29, 2006]

After Naan Kadavul, Arya will do a movie for director Igor. The two had worked together in Kalabha Kadhalan before.

The movie is tentatively titled Xeror and search for a suitable Tamil title is on.

Buzz is that the movie would feature Arya in a dual role. Pooja will play the heroine in the movie. Shooting for the movie is expected to commence once Arya completes his Naan Kadavul.

Arya is currently in Varanasi shooting for Naan Kadavul in Varanasi.

---
:clap:...Arya and Pooja make an awesome pair!....this would be their 4th movie together (in Pattiyal, they weren't a couple though)... :) ...hoping Pooja sticks to this movie despite wanting to take a break!

great
30th December 2006, 08:32 AM
what happened to Aryas Auto , Oothikicha :roll:

Designer
30th December 2006, 08:33 AM
kewl. i liked his acting in 'Oru kallooriyin kathai' too 8-)

Sinthiya
30th December 2006, 08:36 AM
what happened to Aryas Auto , Oothikicha :roll:
Auto is now some other name...('Aa' i think :oops: ....)...i don't know when it's releasing...

Sinthiya
30th December 2006, 08:38 AM
i haven't seen it yet.... :cry2: ...watched only the trailor on youtube... :( ...i really like the song 'Kadhal Enbathu' from the movie :thumbsup:...

Designer
30th December 2006, 08:40 AM
i haven't seen it yet.... :cry2: ...watched only the trailor on youtube... :( ...i really like the song 'Kadhal Enbathu' from the movie :thumbsup:...

ya thats a nice song. i also liked "KangaL kalangida" :)

kb
5th February 2007, 09:00 PM
orampo (auto ) trailer looks really funny.. gud movie ahead..

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/trailer/8290.html

arya fansku nalla treatu

Sanguine Sridhar
5th February 2007, 10:37 PM
Oh Auto has become 'Orampo' .... Vaazhga Tamizh :twisted:

avven
6th February 2007, 12:56 AM
is Orampo flick got released??? :roll:

Erica
6th February 2007, 09:38 PM
Oram Po trailer is so interesting :D ...........looks like a pakka low class comedy flick. :cool2:

Erica
6th February 2007, 09:41 PM
is Orampo flick got released??? :roll:
not yet avven....i guess it's slated to be released this month.

Sinthiya
7th February 2007, 03:13 AM
just saw the trailer...:clap:...
a different style - looks like a fun movie...

trailer is well done...

can't wait for this movie...Arya and Pooja - an awesome pair!! :thumbsup:....

Sanguine Sridhar
17th February 2007, 02:30 PM
Yesterday I saw "Orampo" trailer. Very different and looks good!! :D

kb
1st June 2007, 09:18 PM
http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/details.php?image_id=39293

maddy maathiri irrundhavana KD maathiri aakitaaney BALA :?

Tia
2nd June 2007, 12:25 AM
yeh....one of my frends saw him in England for new year to open Ayngaran Internationals new branch there...she even has a photo with him...she showed me..i freaked out! :lol:

Sinthiya
10th September 2007, 07:16 AM
[tscii:cdf35e23d8]Pooja in Naan Kadavul
IndiaGlitz [Friday, September 07, 2007]

Finally director Bala seems to have settled down with a heroine for his Naan Kadavul. The ace director had reportedly rejected four heroines – Bhavana, Parvathi Milton, Karthiga and Neetu Chandra.

Sources say, ’Bala has decided to assign Pooja the task of playing the female lead in the movie'.

It is a demanding role wherein the heroine plays a blind woman, who falls in love with a Godman Arya.

Pooja is expected to join the sets soon for the shooting of Naan Kadavul.

:bluejump: 8-) ...I'm so glad with this change...Pooja would be perfect with Arya :D :thumbsup:...really hope she doesn't reject :roll:
[/tscii:cdf35e23d8]

Wibha
10th September 2007, 07:20 AM
:cool: pooja would do just great :D

mareen
10th September 2007, 03:23 PM
damn arya's get up :eek:

RATHEESHAJITH
13th September 2007, 11:04 AM
NAAN KADAVULKKU CALL SHEET KUDUTHAPPAVE

ARYA......... :oops: PAAVAM :oops:

Sanguine Sridhar
1st December 2007, 11:06 AM
OrampO - eppadi irrukudhu? :roll:

littlemaster1982
1st December 2007, 11:21 AM
Heard the movie is just OK :roll: I wanted to watch this film :?

Sanguine Sridhar
1st December 2007, 11:29 AM
Ohoo appadiya! Trailer romba nalla irrundhuchu :)

littlemaster1982
1st December 2007, 11:31 AM
Yeah, the trailer increased the curiosity about the movie. Yaaravathu Hubbers review ezhudhara varaikkum wait pannuvom :D

Sinthiya
3rd December 2007, 08:12 AM
[tscii:c5237e31d3]K.S. Ravikumar teams up with Arya
IndiaGlitz [Monday, November 19, 2007]

After completing 'Dasavatharam', director K S Ravikumar will commence his next film with Arya in the lead role. Ravikumar is now busy with the final touches to Kamal Haasan starrer 'Dasavatharam', in which Kamal dons ten different roles.

Rumors were abuzz that Ravikumar will direct Ajith for his next flick but sources close to the director denied the rumors. The sources confirm that it would be Arya who is roped in as hero in Ravikumar’s next directorial venture. :roll:

Arya, close on the heels of completing 'Naan Kadavul', directed by Bala, will commence shooting for Ravikumar’s film soon.
[/tscii:c5237e31d3]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/34722.html

kamath
7th December 2007, 04:47 PM
Oram po is very interesting & is rocking the BO also.

Sinthiya
8th December 2007, 08:33 AM
Oram po is very interesting & is rocking the BO also.
have you seen it? :o

Oram Po Movie Review from Indiaglitz...
Oram Po - Cheerful entertainer
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, December 04, 2007]

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/review/8290.html

"Overall, the movie has a sort of joyful spirit that makes it enjoyable."

cyouinme
11th December 2007, 07:40 AM
How is oram po doing ? will it cross 50 days ?

cyouinme
18th December 2007, 10:28 AM
Just now watched the movie....honestly i liked it very much

Kalyasi
25th December 2007, 04:41 PM
Happened to Oram Po Y'day..... The movie is too good and I njoyed it a lot........ dunno why it didn't click @ the box office......

Also I like the way they finished the movie....

Soooooooooper padam!!!

Thalafanz
25th December 2007, 04:44 PM
Oram Po nalla thaan irukku... A very good team indeed... (Nirav, GVP, etc) :thumbsup:

But, it has too much of disgusting dialogues.. :huh:

mareen
25th December 2007, 07:21 PM
Oram Po nalla thaan irukku... A very good team indeed... (Nirav, GVP, etc) :thumbsup:

But, it has too much of disgusting dialogues.. :huh:but then thats what you would expect to have in a movie like this :D ... so it comes to atleast close to Real !

sakaLAKALAKAlaa Vallavar
25th December 2007, 07:51 PM
what was the original name which they changed?

Ramakrishna
25th December 2007, 07:51 PM
Auto

Sinthiya
27th December 2007, 09:50 AM
..watched Oram Po recently...:D...:thumbsup:...fun movie to see!

Arya is good (the way he styles his hair with his hands is :P ); the Son of Gun is too good :lol:...

Arya and Pooja make an awesome pair 8-) ...

Looking forward to seeing Naan Kadavul with Arya and Pooja :)...

crajkumar_be
27th December 2007, 10:01 AM
aahaa! enna thavira matra ellarukkum padam pudichirukka :lol:

Sinthiya
27th December 2007, 10:27 AM
:lol: ...it's like watching a tamil version of the many Hollywood nonsense(?) comedy flicks like 'Bring it On', 'Balls of Fury', 'Dodgeball', etc.... :)

thalaifan
27th December 2007, 12:27 PM
Watched Oram Po yesterday

Overall an OK Movie...Nothing much to be said about.

Charecter names were different...Son of Gun, Bigle. Funny too.

Sinthiya
7th May 2008, 08:46 AM
[tscii:8b7452c592]Arya is clean shaved now
IndiaGlitz [Tuesday, May 06, 2008]

After almost a couple of years, Arya is now clean shaved and is back to his youthful days.

The young hero, who shot to fame with movies like ‘Ullam Ketkumae’, ‘Arindhum Ariyamalum’ and ‘Pattiyal’, is playing the title role in director Bala's ‘Naan Kadavul’.

The movie was under production for over a couple of years and Arya had to grow a big beard as he played a Godman in the film, which was shot extensively in Kasi.

Finally, the shooting was over a few days ago and Arya has removed his beard now. He is gearing up for his next movie to be directed by his lucky mascot Vishnuvardhan. Titled 'Sarvam', the movie features Trisha opposite Arya.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/38374.html

awaiting Naan Kadavul...and Sarvam (Trisha :sigh2:)[/tscii:8b7452c592]

ajithfederer
7th May 2008, 08:48 AM
Aama :lol2:

crajkumar_be
7th May 2008, 08:48 AM

Sandhos Chupramani-yum adhe madhiri dhaan pola :twisted:

ajithfederer
7th May 2008, 08:49 AM

Adhuvum aama :lol: (Moonram pirai naay kutti perukaaga vavathu paathurungoov)

equanimus
7th May 2008, 12:13 PM

AhA, nAn indha Attaththukku varla. Like I already mentioned, I thought the movie was not bad. That's all. But, I actually liked 'Oram pO' (enna dhAn irundhAlum nAngallAm "youth" illaiyA...), though I have some reservations about it. (Also, I saw it on DVD, which is very different from watching it on big screen, I think.)

Sinthiya
18th May 2008, 09:57 AM
http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=e05070663f88e69e8242

Interview with Arya & Pooja - they make an awesome pair!! :thumbsup:....gotta commend Pooja for her willingness to speak in Tamil :)...Arya is funny...

I'm looking forward to Naan Kadavul for that reason only :wink: (and Bala's movie)

Sinthiya
22nd January 2009, 07:01 AM
Time to revive this thread, yet again :P

'Naan Kadavul will be a path-breaking film' - Arya
IndiaGlitz [Monday, January 19, 2009]

Arya is bubbling with joy. The young actor is happy with the fact that his 'Naan Kadavul' is all set to hit the screens soon. 'It's been three years since we started this project. But I have no regrets as it's been great. We worked hard for almost every frame. Thanks to Bala, the movie has shaped up well and I am confident that it would become a path-breaking film'.

Arya says, ' besides Bala, everyone involved in the project have contributed their best. Ilayaraja's background music is another major asset to the movie. I am confident that 'Nan Kadavul' would be a movie to reckon with in my career.

Also Vishnuvardhan's 'Sarvam' starring Arya in the lead will be hitting the screens soon after 'Naan Kadavul'. Trisha plays the heroine in this movie. The movie's shooting schedules has been completed and it's waiting in the line to be out after 'Naan Kadavul'.

...can't wait to see him onscreen since Vattaram and Oram Po... :)

directhit
22nd January 2009, 07:04 AM
Also coming is Sarvam http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=wQ9DJsI1r1s 8-) gr8 times ahead for Arya :thumbsup:

Sinthiya
22nd January 2009, 07:09 AM
Yes indeed... :)

Vishnu and Arya back together after Pattiyal and AA...8-)

steveaustin
2nd February 2009, 09:19 PM
[tscii:a3dff0992b]Variety thy name Arya

Arya, after completing Naan Kadavul, moved on to Vishnuvardhan’s Sarvam which is almost complete but for a song. Sarvam crew is reported to have chosen the Rann of Kutch in Gujarat for this song sequence which according to insiders is a new venue for a Tamil film. After a serious film like Naan Kadavul, Arya has immediately shifted to a lighter commercial one and will soon be doing Casanova in Malayalam.

There have also been talks in the industry that he may work with Poo Sasi for an action film. Looks like Arya is trying out varied roles in the spectrum early in his career.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/jan-09-05/arya-30-01-09.html[/tscii:a3dff0992b]

mareen
7th February 2009, 01:54 AM
just watched nan kadavul dont know what happened there. Arya was good throughout the movie and even better is pooja but so many scenes got cut and too many words got censored. making the movie unwatchable and confusing. The movie's run time was only around 2hr 10 mins. ( maybe even short ). Most of the fights were cut and not even a scene showing cannibalism.

I dont know why it took 3 years to complete. looked like a 6 month movie.

Top performances by arya and pooja. However, the reality of showing how disabled childrens are treated for the sake of few pence was really moving, i dont think a soft heart person could watch most of it.

watchable once.

directhit
10th February 2009, 07:52 AM
just watched nan kadavul dont know what happened there. Arya was good throughout the movie and even better is pooja but so many scenes got cut and too many words got censored. making the movie unwatchable and confusing. The movie's run time was only around 2hr 10 mins. ( maybe even short ). Most of the fights were cut and not even a scene showing cannibalism.

I dont know why it took 3 years to complete. looked like a 6 month movie.

Top performances by arya and pooja. However, the reality of showing how disabled childrens are treated for the sake of few pence was really moving, i dont think a soft heart person could watch most of it.

watchable once. making those ppl act first time ever in front of screen and coordinating all those ppl :huh: 6 month movie? - heck even sam anderson's movie takes 6 months!!

directhit
10th February 2009, 07:53 AM
Arya's body language and the 'i am the dictator' attitude :bow: :bow: :bow:
Best EVER Intro scene for any actor till date IMO :clap: :clap:

directhit
18th March 2009, 12:04 PM
Madrasa Pattinam movie stills - looks fab 8-)

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hcategory=13733818&hgallery=14871355

jaaze
7th April 2009, 01:05 PM
Sarvam release works going on
Likely to release within 2 weeks :boo:

Sourav
7th April 2009, 01:07 PM
:cheer:
Ennappa ithu ellamae happy news-a irukku innaikku... :redjump:

mareen
7th April 2009, 05:13 PM
sarvam in 2 weeks.

Hope this one deliveres.

NOV
15th February 2011, 03:40 PM
arya gets kalaimaamani award

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/180714_152923811430853_100001397054022_324499_3373 243_n.jpg

NOV
15th February 2011, 03:41 PM
can someone tell me how much its costs to get the kalaimaamani award? I will be in chennai in nov this year, and if possible, would like to purchase one.

Krillin
16th February 2011, 02:34 AM
can someone tell me how much its costs to get the kalaimaamani award? I will be in chennai in nov this year, and if possible, would like to purchase one.

haha, but hey Arya has had a couple of prolific years with films with messages.............well, in comparison to Tammu and Anushka anyway.

Anban
16th February 2011, 06:05 AM

produce a movie written by karunaanithi..

raamrams
16th February 2011, 07:49 AM

Red Giant /Cloud Nine/SunPicture bannerla oru role pannunga, ungalukku kalaimaamani award thedi varum...