PDA

View Full Version : TFM Page's 10-th Anniversary - Magazine Special Issue..!

RR
3rd October 2005, 10:10 AM
Hi,

It was during Oct 1995 that three tamil film music fans in Bangalore wondered about a web site for TFM, and decided to set aside some precious vetti time to do some HTML-ing.. And, thus TFM Page was born ! It is 2005 now and yes, our 10-th anniversary..! We are celebrating it and would like you all fans to join us in the celebrations...! This issue of TFM Page magazine is a commemorative issue titled 'Pasumai Niraintha Ninaivugale' in which we'll recollect the fond memories. You'll get to read about the history of TFM Page & how it all started, memories and personal experiences by oldtimers, nostalgic threads, etc. For seniors, this issue is going to be like 'malarum ninaivugal' and for newcomers this will reveal much more about the culture and evolution of TFM Page over these 10 years. Hope you find it interesting. Of course, this is by no means exhaustive. We would like you all to write about your personal memories/experiences and share it with everyone. Come, let's reminisce..

On behalf of the team, I would like to thank you all DF-ers, lurkers, fans & friends for your support.. Without you this wouldn't have been possible! In particular, thanks to the current/ex team members Ravi, Pal, Ramki, BB, and Venkat for their cooperation, and the moderators Raj & Thiru for their tireless job. Special thanks to NOV for being our friend-philospher-guide, and for being always with us whenever we needed him. Apart from the core team, many DF-ers such as Sathya family (Kabali, Keerthi, and Kumar), Manisekaran, Kanchana, Mano, kiru, Naaz, MS and, of course, the PP&AP gang, have been like extended team members and helped in several ways. (Apologies if I have missed you. It's just my bad memory.) Thanks to one & all! :clap:

[html:a04301c233]
<center>
<table cellspacing=0 cellpadding=0 border=0 align=center width=400>
<tr align=center><td bgcolor=FFAAAA>
<font face=Arial><a href="http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/">TFM
Page Magazine</a> - Special Issue!</font></td></tr>
<tr><td bgcolor=FFAAAA>
<table border=0 cellpadding=10 cellspacing=1 width=100%>
<tr><td bgcolor=FFEEEE>
<font size=-1 face=Arial>
<ul>
History of TFM Page: Part I- The Inception (http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/oct05/?t=4799) (RR)

TFM Page Impressions (http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/oct05/?t=4797) (NOV)

gnaabagam varuthE... (http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/oct05/?t=4798) (Ramki)

10-th Anniversary Lucky Draw..! (http://tfmmagazine.mayyam.com/oct05/?t=4082)

<center>

<!--
Discuss (/forum/#f34) |
Download eBook version (/tfmmag_sep05.pdf) (PDF - 280KB)
-->
[/list]
</font>
</td></tr>
</table></td></tr></table>
</center>
[/html:a04301c233]

Cinefan
3rd October 2005, 11:18 AM
Congrats RR&team.Will certainly go thro' this issue&post my comments.

Scale
3rd October 2005, 11:49 AM
Wow! 10th Anniversary. Grt

Keep up the good work. I am not even an year, got addicted completely. Very informative, entertaining, & wonderful dudes to gather. Thats itself a big achievement :clap: ...

btw, RR pls reserve that lucky draw for myself :wink:

Sanjeevi
3rd October 2005, 12:07 PM
Congrats :thumbsup: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I am proud of this as a senior hubber enjoying tfmpage for the past 5 years. :D

Shankar
3rd October 2005, 02:12 PM
Great work TFM Team...been visiting this site every single day from 1997 and not single day have i felt this site has lost its charm !! RR and Team, Pls continue this great work !!!

MADDY
3rd October 2005, 04:21 PM
great work RR,Thiru and other admins.......i know how tough it is to host and moderate a site.........hats off and let this 10th anniversary bcome 100th anniversary and my grand-kids wud also post in this site :lol: :lol:

:clap: :thumbsup:

app_engine
3rd October 2005, 07:29 PM
Congrats RR & Team! Looking forward to more years of TFMpage & also more of your recollections on the magazine...

balaji
3rd October 2005, 10:38 PM
Congratulations!

TFM page has been my source for Tamil Film music since 1997 when I accidentally hit upon the site and I have been enjoying my participation since then.

Best wishes and please continue the good work.

Thanks
bala

rajdes
4th October 2005, 10:31 AM
Congrats RR & team! TFMPAGE has been my single consistent web-addiction since '98. Have some fond memories here. Apart from the names you mentioned, whose contribution has doubtless been outstanding, Srinath, Udhaya, rajaG and Srikanth D deserve a special mention.
Raj

thenraja
4th October 2005, 07:28 PM
For sure, TFM Page's 10-th Anniversary - Magazine Special brings back fond memories. Going through RR's article about his good old days of Internet experience at IISc, I can't resist thinking about the days at the University in Louisiana (1992-94) when we depended on usenet newsgroups (soc.culture.tamil, soc.culture.indian) to know anything about things in India, using 'rn' to read news. And was fortunate to use pre-Netscape version, Mosaic, back in 1993. Thanks for reminding the names of Sandya (who used to write wonderful movie reviews and tamil film world titbits, I think she moved to http://www.tamilmovies.com/ which is not active now) and Prakash (who I used to meet once a while in Atlanta but returned to India a few years back).

Back to tfmp, I stumbled upon tfmp back in 1997, I do not know how, may be a search or via a usenet newsgroup. My first posting was on June 6, 1997 with the topic "List of songs by SPB - 60's and early 70's"
http://tfmpage.com/forum/29404.11874.6.html
In that thread, one can see postings by many of the first generation hubbers that RR has mentioned.
Since then, tfmp has been part of my daily routine. Though I do not post a lot, I do go through many threads on a regular basis. Through tfmp,I have got in touch with many wonderful personalities that include Sathiyakeerthi (sk), Sathya Kabali, and RR. It was sk and the tfmp forums that got me to know and work with Kalai, Rajesh and Rajagopal that gave birth to Melody Queen P. Susheela' web site http://psusheela.org two years ago. That led to get in touch with many more nice people like jn, chandru, yvsmani....the list goes on. People like Ramki and Saravanan have incredible amount of memory and knowledge about Tamil films. One can never stop appreciating the writings of Manisegaran. There are more and more nice aspects about tfmpage.
My congratulations to the entire admin team,past and present, of tfmpage.com for giving the entire world a great opportunity to share and learn everything about tamil film music.

Reading NOV's writing "They had a dream - to compile a complete database of Tamil songs since its beginnings in the 1930s" - Why don't we mark this 10th anniversary to start building a such a database?

vijayr
4th October 2005, 08:07 PM
Congrats to the DF team. Having spent a good portion of the last decade here, I have to thank DF and the people behind it for their pioneering effort. Certainly one of its kind.

TISK
4th October 2005, 09:11 PM
TiS owes a lot to this forum and all the help we got from you and the members!

On this happy occasion TiS-USA congratulates TFM Page and wishes it many more decades of happy comradeship!

YIA!!

RR
4th October 2005, 09:50 PM
Thanks Cinefan, Scale, Sanjeevi, Shankar, MADDY, app_engine, balaji, rajdes, thenraja, vijay, TISK for the greetings & wishes! Much appreciated.

thenraja, thanks for yur recollction. Nice to read. Yes, RMIM/SCT days were really memorable. I think Sandya now freelances for chennaionline.com. .I'm in touch with Prakash Balakrishnan. Those two are really tamll film jaambavaans :) Couple of other names I missed were Satish subramanium (RMIM team, arrahmanonline), Ramasubramanium (compiled the original raga of songs list). They were kind enough to allow us to take over some of their works. Special thanks to them.

Yes we should do the database project. It didn't get started though we tried a few times, for various reasons. I'll get in touch with you.

Scale, you remind me of 'Thiruvilayaadal' Tharumi :wink:

rajeshkrv
4th October 2005, 10:10 PM
Thenraja,

you rightly pointed out what i wanted to say.

without TFMP we wouldnt have known many interested people
hats off to tfmp and the team behind that

5th October 2005, 12:36 AM
Sandhya is busy with programs in CA, was in touch through email last week.

Congrats to tfmpage for the happy milestone and kudos to the sailors :D

-Stumbled on tfmpage in 2001, regular since 2002

crvenky
5th October 2005, 11:30 AM
I have been a 'mostly-silent' member here since 1997-8. I created a thread called Uma Ramanan songs. Being a HCIRF, I have found so much of tech info from here on Maestro, which is difficult to get from anywhere else (including current news). It has been my ritual for many years to browse the page atleast 4-5 days a day to check on the postings. My most favourite thread is IR new albums and IR music review (which is not active now). I have cherished the postings by RajaG, Kiru, SrikanthD, etc and learnt a few technical details from their postings. At the same time, I learnt to respect ARR (his hard work, etc) and knew some details about him too.

My hearty congratulations to the TFMPage team and here's wishing them many more such feats in future. Hope this family grows into a bigger and more friendly one.

united07
5th October 2005, 11:55 AM
For those "brains" behind this TFM....i wish you guys good luck...and appreciate all your effort to put up a discussion forum for all to use and enjoy and share the informations.....

May god bless you guys and your effort will be well recognized....

RR
5th October 2005, 12:10 PM
(Recd via email)

I realy very happy that TFM reached 10th anniversary. Another "Autograph" days. You people did a wonderful job. Convey my wishes to Ramki, Ravi and other Key members of TFM.

Regards
Prakash

Neel D
6th October 2005, 06:50 PM
Congratulations TFMPage team! Thanks for all your efforts. I have learned so much from tfmpage.com and it has been an inspiration to me in so many ways. Wishing you all the best for all the musical decades to come.

Neel D

alias
6th October 2005, 11:11 PM
A hearty congratulations to TFM team on its 10th anniversery for bringing us this great forum.

Thanks bunch.

Endrum Ungal

-alias-

Thiru
6th October 2005, 11:35 PM
Proud to be part of this group... Congrats RR.. Way to go...

There was a time (back in 2000) when any search about Tamil film music in yahoo or lycos would end up with a tfmpage hit.. Curious to know what this site has to offer, I peeked in like a guest.. Initially part of the ARR vs IR war, slowly drifted into the permanent topics (Paadal Pudhir, JFF and PP)... Now the hub and tfmpage is like my morning newspaper..I try to spend few minutes everyday in the morning to go through whats new in the music world..

vengayam
18th October 2005, 08:55 AM
[tscii:47503f1d67]Å¡úòÐì¸û! §ÁÖõ ÀÄ ¬ñθû ¦¾¡¼ÃðÎõ ¯õ §º¨Å![/tscii:47503f1d67]

SN23
18th October 2005, 11:16 AM
Vengayam, your post is not readable to me. Pls post in english.

RR
22nd October 2005, 08:53 AM
Pirandha naal.. Indru pirandha naal..

It's the 10-th birthday today..! Let's wish TFM Page..

MANY MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY...!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap:

nilavupriyan
22nd October 2005, 09:24 AM

MANY MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY TO THE TFM BABY :D :D

Alien
22nd October 2005, 09:33 AM
:clap:
enathu vAzhththukkaLum uriththAkaTTum
:D :D

sanchayy
22nd October 2005, 01:15 PM
VIVE TFM PAGE !

RC
22nd October 2005, 09:13 PM
Kudos to the Tfmpage team and the participants on this great achievement! Congratulations!!!

Thiru
22nd October 2005, 09:29 PM
Noorandu kaalam vaazhga Noi Nodi illamal valarga.. :)

Great achievement.... BRAVO Tfm page..

sathyakabali
23rd October 2005, 04:00 AM

inRu piRanthanaaL kaaNum TFM kku intha vAzhththu pAttu!!!

piRantha naaL inRu piRantha naaL!

http://www.coolgoose.com/music/song.php?id=146679

balaji
23rd October 2005, 07:49 AM
Hearfelt greetings!

RR, Ramki, Nov and others, my sincere thanks for doing great service to the tamil film music lovers.

Keep up the good work.

Bala

Shankar
24th October 2005, 09:57 AM
Hearty wishes to TFMpage...Great work RR/NOV/Thiru and other DFteam members !!

p
24th October 2005, 11:16 AM
Wishes to tfmpage!

krish244
24th October 2005, 12:03 PM
Dear TFM Page team,

MANY MORE HAPPY RETURNS OF THE DAY! My Hearty Congratulations ( :clap: :clap: :clap:)to you on this achivement. For many TFM lovers, this FORUM has been a varaprasadam. Hearty thanks for giving us this wonderful medium (FORUM)!

Keep going..... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

thanks

Krishnan

rajdes
24th October 2005, 03:02 PM
'appy budday TFMPAGE!! wishing many more decades of stimulating discussion - here's hoping that we post in 2015 October for the 20th year celebrations - hope IR vs ARR discussions are closed by then :-)

app_engine
24th October 2005, 07:54 PM
Best wishes:-)

TISK
24th October 2005, 09:42 PM
'nooRaaNdu kaalam vaazhga!-irus'
nOy nodi illaamal vaLarga!

'

TISK
24th October 2005, 09:43 PM
'nooRaaNdu kaalam vaazhga!- virus'
nOy nodi illaamal vaLarga!

'v' miss aayiduchchu!
'

sureshmehcnit
25th October 2005, 05:57 PM
Wow! that is a great achievement.

I have been a frequent visitor of this forum since 2002. This is the forum through i shared my Music Reviews to music lovers all over the world.

Keep going

http://www.ursmusically.blogspot.com

SN23
25th October 2005, 11:41 PM
ManamArndha nalvAzhththukkaL.

Rajaram, Ramki and all key folks are doing extremely good to keep this forum very interesting. Hats-off to you all :-)

jn
26th October 2005, 01:15 AM
Many more happy returns of the day to TFM page:)
Great job, admin and mods:)

yvsmani
26th October 2005, 05:10 PM
Menmelum tfmpage valara vazhthukkal sandai sachcharavu illammal.

Radha
26th October 2005, 09:10 PM
Many Many Happy Returns of the day.

mmm. Nostalgic memories

shylaja
26th October 2005, 09:42 PM
vaaziyave pallaandu kaalam
valamodu nalamaaka
vandhaaraiyellam ezuthavaikkum
TFM page vaazndhidave endru
vaayaara vaazthgthuvom!
manamaara vaazththuvom!