PDA

View Full Version : First Anniversary of the "new Hub" .. !

RR
3rd October 2005, 10:17 AM
(from Editor's Note in this month's issue of Hub Magazine - http://hubmagazine.mayyam.com/ )

Hi Hubbers,
[html:856576bbcf]

Same time, one year ago, we were on the old gub.. er.. hub, and it was around mid Oct, 2004 that we started migrating to the new Hub. Now it's one year after, and the first anniversary for the new Hub! I hope it's been a fun time for you all. Some of the oldtimers amongst might miss the old hub, but we don't regret missing the endless spammers & baddies, do we? /hub/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif It was an event-filled year on, off, under and all around the site. Here are some highlights:

- Oct-Nov 2004, the painful period when everyone had to switch to the new platform. On our side, it was a much bigger headache having to make this as smooth as possible, persuading hubbers all the way from the Annamalai gang (and dissuading the spammers). But it was been fun.

- > 7000 registered members in just 1 year.

- Launch of Hub awards 2005.

- Featured in Malay mail tabloid.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/ha05/mmail.jpg

- Award & Trophy presentation to celebrities.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/ha05/Picture002s.jpg

- Prizes awarded to Hubber award winner were won by Cinefan, Querida, nalabaagam, and m23_bayarea.

- Traffic overshoot (as a result of all this), and re-migration to servint.

- Launch of Hub magazine.

On the fun side,

- the ever-tolerant surya and the never-give-up stalkers (and the pitiful admins/mods).

- the now-you-see-now-you-don't History & Culture forum.

- the antics of the Good, Bad & the ugly in the Miscellaneous forum.

- the unofficial hubber awards (http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1450).

- To top it all, DoT, which has been silently watching the gub in the old site for long, waited till the site got the much cleaner and decided to impose a ban! Or maybe a complaint was registered in 2000's and they are acting on it just now /hub/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Over to you for the rest..

On this occassion, I would like to thank all the mods for their tireless job and countless hubbers for their support. In particular: geno, Roshan, PP madam, Surya, and many others have helped beta-test the new plaform during the early migration days. Without you all, this wouldn't have been possible. :clap: During the upcoming year, more events (like Hub Awards 2006) are scheduled, and we look forward to your continued support.

-RR
[/html:856576bbcf]

Badri
3rd October 2005, 10:25 AM
Happy Anniversary!! :D :thumbsup:

And good job, yourself, RR! Thank you from all the Hubbers for being the MAN behind the Hub!! :notworthy: :clap:

(And sorry feminists, but this is one situation where we can't say er...MAN/WOMAN behind the Hub :lol: :wink: )

Cinefan
3rd October 2005, 11:53 AM
Congrats RR&team.

blahblah
3rd October 2005, 01:05 PM
I joined the new hub in October itself,I believe.It was quite a fresh change from the old days when no one was responsible or everyone was irresponsible. :lol:

In one year I managed to earn a few friends and a few more enemies.If I was aggressive with some people it was mostly beacause I got the same treatment from some quarters.Yet I would apologise if given a chance as I now realise, being aggressive doesn't convince anyone of your viewpoints.

Happy Anniversary to all!

Sandeep
3rd October 2005, 01:12 PM
In the last 12 or more months I have had better discussion (light hearted as well as serious) here in hub that outside. Here I met people who's views sometimes shocked me. But atleast some of them changed my own view point.

I feel these discussions have fine tuned my own immosions and believes and Hope it will continue to do so.

Thanks hub

lancelot
3rd October 2005, 03:12 PM
keep it going guys. this place is real fun
hehe
:D

blahblah
3rd October 2005, 05:29 PM
But atleast some of them changed my own view point.

Nice to know that!I remember our discussions on women's rights in Kerala.

ssanjinika
3rd October 2005, 06:47 PM
Happy Anniversary Guys!!

Heres wishing all of us lots more fun and funning!

Surya
3rd October 2005, 10:42 PM
Happy anniverssary guys!!! :D :D :D

I think I joined the Hub in Oct also. The New one is infinetly better than the old!! And now the Hub has become my main source of tamil Political/Cine info, as well as an ensiclopedia for my queries on ancient texts etc thanks to well informed hubbers like Sudhamma, Raghu Ji, etc. :D The Hub has also imroved my writing, although I think I need to take the SAT's again to improve my spelling! :banghead: :P

And last but not least, thanks to Mr.RR for keeping all of this together!! :thumbsup: 8)

Basically, the Hub has rocked my socks for the past year. 8)

a.ratchasi
4th October 2005, 06:40 AM
If it is not for the lure of old hub, I don't think many of us here would have come to the new one.

Needless to say, here we are! :D

Congrats, RR and the moderators!

And of course, cheers to the beloved fellow hubbers! (each and everyone of you) :wink:

NM
4th October 2005, 06:45 AM
Congratulations to RR, moderators and most of all, fellow hubbers (newbies, juniors, regulars, devoted n seasoned hubbers).....!

Love the HUB!!

Surya
4th October 2005, 08:32 PM
NM!
U forgot Veteran. :cry: :lol:

Anoushka
4th October 2005, 09:06 PM
I joined the hub only last November, if I am right... I've gotten addicted to it since then :) Congratulations and Thanks for everything RR & Team :)

j.chenkalvarayan
4th October 2005, 11:10 PM
this hub is one great place . i am sort of addicted to this. i come here whenever i feel bored or stressed out. great work dudes!!!!

Thiru
4th October 2005, 11:16 PM
Congrats RR & team...
I would like to quote 'neengal illamal naangal ingu illai illai'... :wink: to all the hubbers...

NM
5th October 2005, 03:26 AM
NM!
U forgot Veteran. :cry: :lol:Oooops ! Sorry Surya! Didn't know veteran existed!! :wink: :lol: Yup....to all veterans too!!

Querida
5th October 2005, 06:36 AM
Hi Y'all! Yes yes today was the day where i stumbled upon a new Hub and found much much more... thanx to you all for giving this person a value...i have learned much here, i have said much, laughed, cried, and not to mention rolled those eyes of mine much...but more importantly i have come to value this Hub much more than i thought was possible...I am surely indebted to all the encouragement and friendship that I have graciously received here... :D

whew! now that i'm fell off the podium :P i can just say if it was sweet today let it be sweeter next...

rajeshkrv
9th October 2005, 02:03 AM
congrats and Wishes for more anniversaries to COME

nirosha sen
9th October 2005, 06:40 PM
Congrats Hub!! :D At least in the new hub, we get to make the acquaintance of the mysterious RR and Co. Unlike the wise and reticent tortoise in the shell of the old hub, whom I use to bombard with numerous complaints to!! :lol:

Thanks to all the Mods, who've been diligently cleaning up the lingo here, to make it pleasant and bearable to have a decent parlez among fellow hubbers!!

Here's to the Hub and many more sweet memories to come!! :thumbsup:

P_R
10th October 2005, 12:49 AM
Congrats to all the guys behind the Hub !

I stumbled on the old hub one day when googling about Kamal's mahanadhi. Started by plunging into the debate about Mahanadhi v Anbe Sivam. I was thoroughly excited that a google search for my name and Kamal could place me :-)

I have always complained that interesting people to chat with, in school and college have been very few. The complaint was not without pride.

The Hub has been an excellent humbling experience.

I read tons of things discussed with such insight,detail.I see a large bunch of people evincing genuine interest in issues that interest me, issues that don't interest me and issue i didn't even know were discussion-worthy.

Now I always wonder who were those people I have been with but missed thus far ? My prejudices have shrunk and I listen better.

I can't thank the guys behind the Hub enough. Great going !

sivajayan
14th October 2005, 04:12 PM
7000 registered members in just 1 year.

Where are they all? How many congratulators up to now?

Not even 3 per mill!
This should reveal something about this hub or hub leadership one may conclude.
:clap:

nirosha sen
14th October 2005, 07:41 PM
Many could have just forayed to merely read, Pa!! Not necessary that everyone feels the need to write all the time, I reckon! :D

NOV
17th October 2005, 10:10 AM

Where are they all? How many congratulators up to now?well, many have seemedly left, come back with new avatars.... :huh:

sivajayan
17th October 2005, 05:32 PM

Where are they all? How many congratulators up to now?well, many have seemedly left, come back with new avatars.... :huh:

Now I understand why RR is talking about stalkers :lol:
How many members are there in real then?
It seems my assumption about the hub and the leadership is right: Some come back with new avatars just to annoy the moderators and some don't come back only to ignore the leadership. Well, errare humanum est!

By the way, even though you are a moderator, you can make a use of the preview option just beside the submit button before submitting your post if I may suggest. :wink:

I guess that it will make your postings look better.

Badri
18th October 2005, 04:52 AM
It seems my assumption about the hub and the leadership is right: Some come back with new avatars just to annoy the moderators ...

The fact that they all seem to keep coming back nevertheless suggests the Hub is addictive in itself, moderators or no moderators!!! :lol:

Shekhar
18th October 2005, 09:44 AM
My heartiest congratulations to the NEW FH and all those who are behind this to make it possible. I applaud their commitment to the task inspite of all odds.

Exclusive applause to RR!!! :clap:

And congratulations to all those hubbers who have made this hub a pleasure to visit!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

sivajayan
31st October 2005, 11:09 PM
My heartiest congratulations to the NEW FH and all those who are behind this to make it possible. I applaud their commitment to the task inspite of all odds.

Exclusive applause to RR!!! :clap:

And congratulations to all those hubbers who have made this hub a pleasure to visit!! :clap: :clap: :clap:

Is it getting cold here? Too much icing! :lol:

Querida
1st November 2005, 01:59 AM
you mean too sweet because of icing?
or too much cold because of putting on ice? :D

btw trick or treat! :P

sivajayan
1st November 2005, 04:53 PM
you mean too sweet because of icing?
or too much cold because of putting on ice? :D

btw trick or treat! :P

Verbum satis sapienti!

viggop
2nd November 2005, 02:21 PM
Congrats!
Hub helped me learn a lot of things on different topics. :-)

Arthi
3rd November 2005, 09:00 AM
Congrats RR & team... :clap:

This Hub gives me a chance to chit chat with my Tamil people

Through this hub only i got a chance to read the discussion abt Ramayana, Mahabharatha and the latest one Bhagavatham in detail

Happy Anniversary and wish more and more anniversaries to come :thumbsup:

skanthan
30th December 2005, 05:22 AM
pudhu manRa maiyam vaazhga!

May this be the best Tamil forum on the net! The old FH was so unpleasant with all those nasty posts and craziness. I hope the new FH will always be as pleasant as it is now. I will enjoy having conversations about Tamil on one thread and Telugu and Sanskrit on another without being called a "chamelion"!