PDA

View Full Version : Mithun Chakraborty: Discuss about Mithund!!!!

rom
8th October 2005, 08:29 PM
Mithunda is a greatest actor in Bollywood!!!!!

Raghu
10th November 2005, 09:33 PM
He is the ONLY actor in Bollywood with the most National awards, though Kamal has MORE awards than the DON.

Rom, how have u been?

Alana
11th November 2005, 11:33 AM
During my childhood the definition of The Indian Cinematography were The Kapoor dynasty & the handsome Mithun Chakraborty... it is so nice to know that this actor is still "alive"! What has happened to him, is he still acting? Thank you.

Raghu
11th November 2005, 03:36 PM
During my childhood the definition of The Indian Cinematography were The Kapoor dynasty & the handsome Mithun Chakraborty... it is so nice to know that this actor is still "alive"! What has happened to him, is he still acting? Thank you.

yes he is, he is living in Ooti now, he is doing character based roles, i think he is about 55 yrs old now

Alana
11th November 2005, 06:35 PM
Raghu, thanks! I found some of his latest pictures on google &... he still looks fine!

Raghu
11th November 2005, 06:48 PM
Alana,

He is doing Art films now, Rom, posted various links abt that, i dont have the links with me :(

Alana
11th November 2005, 07:07 PM
Raghu,
i looked under "latest work"
http://brangan.easyjournal.com/entry.aspx?eid=2712867 could it be this one?

Raghu
11th November 2005, 07:28 PM
did he act in Salman's film, lucky???

Raghu
11th November 2005, 07:37 PM
Read this article

http://www.mouthshut.com/review/Mithun_Chakraborty-68706-1.html

Alana
11th November 2005, 08:00 PM
Thanks,
i liked the article. he is really one of his kind. I hope to see him in Memories in the Mist. Thanks again :)

rom
20th November 2005, 02:44 AM
He is the ONLY actor in Bollywood with the most National awards, though Kamal has MORE awards than the DON.

Rom, how have u been?

I am fine Raghu, how are you these days??

rom
20th November 2005, 02:46 AM
did he act in Salman's film, lucky???

Yes Raghu, ge did, he was great there. btw have you seen mithun elaan... dont day u have not seen it?

rom
20th November 2005, 02:54 AM
Raghu and Alana...

Visit this link of Mithunda....

http://www.talkbollywood.com/index.php?showtopic=4888

http://www.talkbollywood.com/index.php?showtopic=13826

http://www.talkbollywood.com/index.php?showtopic=11801

rom
17th December 2005, 08:18 PM
Mithun new film with sushmita sen is coming soon.

swathy
17th December 2005, 08:26 PM
he owns a restaurant in ooty and 90% of the employees are tamils. He is much attached to tamil people.

He only introduced tamil stars like kasthuri,swathy,manthra,gauthami,mohini to bollywood.

shera2
24th January 2006, 08:58 PM
hiiiiiiii dost ,
i`m new in this sit & i`m glad :P :D to find it to talk about mithunda
my favorite actor in all my life & i agree with u rom mithun chakraborty is a best actor in bolly wood & add that he great actor in the world hai na?????????????????
i want to make adiscuss about dada with all of u :lol:

Lambretta
24th January 2006, 11:09 PM
Does neone know this film of his from the '70s...forgot the name but he acts as a secret agent "Gunmaster G9"......saw it recently on TV......it was one of his 1st films but I don't think it was a hit.......was quite nice tho! :)
Also his performance in Agneepath where he acted as Krishnan Iyer M.A. was worth remembering! :)

great
25th January 2006, 12:34 AM
Agneepath is amazing moving......btwn how many national awards he has got.

kannannn
25th January 2006, 02:31 AM
I think he is the only actor to win a national award in his debut. Am I right?

shera2
30th January 2006, 07:00 PM
Does neone know this film of his from the '70s...forgot the name but he acts as a secret agent "Gunmaster G9"......saw it recently on TV......it was one of his 1st films but I don't think it was a hit.......was quite nice tho! :)
Also his performance in Agneepath where he acted as Krishnan Iyer M.A. was worth remembering! :)
i agree :P with u dada`s performance in Agneepath really amaaaaazing & worth remembering -
but about the movie u dont know the name i need some information about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
means - the heroine opposite dada any other actors in it??????

Lambretta
30th January 2006, 07:40 PM
but about the movie u dont know the name i need some information about it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi Shera,
Well I think heroine was Ranjeetha (who acts as the secretary in Pati, Patni Aur Woh) & there was sum comedian (forgot his name too!) who acts as Mithun's sidekick.....Mithun acts as a secret agent "Gunmaster G9" for the police, his name is Gopi in the movie, Iftekar acts as the Police chief.....it also had Shakti Kapoor as one of the villains (I think tat was his 1st film too).......tats all I can say abt it..:)

shera2
1st February 2006, 04:37 PM
Hi Shera,
Well I think heroine was Ranjeetha (who acts as the secretary in Pati, Patni Aur Woh) & there was sum comedian (forgot his name too!) who acts as Mithun's sidekick.....Mithun acts as a secret agent "Gunmaster G9" for the police, his name is Gopi in the movie, Iftekar acts as the Police chief.....it also had Shakti Kapoor as one of the villains (I think tat was his 1st film too).......tats all I can say abt it..:)
OK I GOOOOOOOOOOOOOT IT :clap: - HERE U R IT`S (SURAKSHA)
PRODUCTION IN 1979

Lambretta
1st February 2006, 05:54 PM
PRODUCTION IN 1979
AAAahhh...yes! Tats the name! :D
Tks.....but ne idea if there'll be a DVD/VCD of it?? its not suppsoed to be a hit movie rite?

rom
2nd February 2006, 06:29 PM
hiiiiiiii dost ,
i`m new in this sit & i`m glad :P :D to find it to talk about mithunda
my favorite actor in all my life & i agree with u rom mithun chakraborty is a best actor in bolly wood & add that he great actor in the world hai na?????????????????
i want to make adiscuss about dada with all of u :lol:

Shera.. Mithun is a legend!!!!! No doubt!!! We all waiting for movie Chingaari!!!!!

shera2
2nd February 2006, 07:50 PM
i`m sooooooooooooooo glad :D :P to replay me rom
because u r abig fun for mithunda hai na?????
so thanks about that we aaaaaaaaall love dada and he really is legend of inda
(koie shack yaar) and also waiting for "chingaari" - u bilkul watched the trailer of
chingaari !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do u think there is another mithunda
i think every movie for him there is a new mithun appear hai na ??????????????? :roll:

shera2
2nd February 2006, 08:04 PM
PRODUCTION IN 1979
AAAahhh...yes! Tats the name! :D
Tks.....but ne idea if there'll be a DVD/VCD of it?? its not suppsoed to be a hit movie rite?
i think :roll: :huh: u can make order in site called (cdstore.com) but make confirm that suarakshaa in it is the old one & replay me if u find it !!!!!!!!!! if u dont find it i`ll make a link for it !!!!!!!!!

Lambretta
2nd February 2006, 09:23 PM
Hi Shera,
I found a link to this movie here:
http://www.thehotspotonline.com/moviespot/bolly/reviews/s/Suraksha.htm
:D

rom
3rd February 2006, 05:49 PM
i`m sooooooooooooooo glad :D :P to replay me rom
because u r abig fun for mithunda hai na?????
so thanks about that we aaaaaaaaall love dada and he really is legend of inda
(koie shack yaar) and also waiting for "chingaari" - u bilkul watched the trailer of
chingaari !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
what do u think there is another mithunda
i think every movie for him there is a new mithun appear hai na ??????????????? :roll:

You welcome yaar!!! I saw the trailor!!!! It look great.. Make sure you watch this movie in cinema!!!!!! and let me know your opinion..

I am a big fan of Mithun and proud to be his fans!!!!

shera2
6th February 2006, 07:24 PM
HI , ROM & AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA LL OF U :wave:

AAAAAAAAAAALL OF US 8-) ALSO proud to be his fanS BUT
WHAT ABOUT DADA`S PHOTOS & SNAPS & HIS SCENE IN THIS SITE :wave:
THERE IS MANY MAAAAAAAAAANY FANTASTIC SNAPS FOR MITHUNDA`S GREAT REACTIONS & EMOTIONS FROM HIS MOVIES
LET US MAKE THIS SITE MORE ACTIVE & ATTRACTIVE
WHAT DO U THINK ABOUT THAT :roll: ?????????????

shera2
6th February 2006, 07:34 PM
OF COURSE MITHUNDA is the only actor WHO win a national award in his debut U R ALRIGHT & ALL WORTHINESS FOR HIM RIGHT ????
BY THE WAY UR NEW AVATAR IS BETTER THAN BEFORE :thumbsup:

rom
9th February 2006, 12:02 AM
Shera for you!!!!!

Make a visit!!!!!

http://www.talkbollywood.com/index.php?showtopic=4888&st=1920
http://www.talkbollywood.com/index.php?showtopic=11801&st=360&p=1477862&#entry1477862

shera2
27th February 2006, 06:03 PM
Hi Shera,
I found a link to this movie here:
http://www.thehotspotonline.com/moviespot/bolly/reviews/s/Suraksha.htm
:D

u can try on this link to get the movie (suraksha)

http://www.cdstore.com.pk/india/vcd4.html

and tell me after that !!!!!!!!!!!!

Raghu
1st March 2006, 08:28 PM

Yes He is the ONLY one, and he has abt 3 national awards , I think., He is the second actor in India who posses the most National awards after Kamal

rom
17th March 2006, 05:05 PM
[tscii:6ad728c265]Mithun’s third innings
By IndiaFM News Bureau, March 17, 2006 - 04:28 IST

It is common knowledge that Mithun Chakraborthy has signed Mani Ratnam’s Guru and both of them though tight-lipped about the project are quite ecstatic on working with each other. Word is that this is going to be one of Mithun’s best performances in recent times. Mithun and Ratnam were supposed to work together earlier in Ratnam’s Anandam but the former refused as he was asked to shave his head off for the role.

Now this is touted to be Mithun’s best comeback movie but we really wonder whether the hoopla is actually worth it. After all the comebacks he has made in mainstream commercial cinema, we really wonder if this film will bring him back in full form like from his hey days.

Mithun was a top star of the 80’s until he shifted towards Ooty in mid 90’s where he ventured into the so-called ‘B grade films’. Most of these films were shot in a span of 30 days and hence Mithun used to have about 8-10 releases a year. Now, this was not a man searching for quality cinema or performance-oriented roles. In fact it was his conscious decision to do such kind of films and he was in no way apologetic about it. This was not Mithun – the actor (who had won for himself 3 National Awards at one point of time in his career). This was Mithun – the businessman! His films provided entertainment to a particular section of the audience, proved beneficial to the producers and gave a lot of work to small time stars and upcoming actors as well as technicians. In fact he had parts of the film shot in his 5-star hotels in Ooty at a discounted rate which helped the producer as well as himself, financially. Though doing small time films, the number of films he was churning out per year, earned him almost as much as any A-grade stars. In fact the house full boards outside the B and C grade centre cinema halls in the interiors of the county where his movies run are something worthwhile to look at. Something that even top notch stars cannot guarantee! The funda was simple. He had made for himself a target audience and was just catering to their likes. At the height of his stardom, Mithun was the country’s highest individual tax-payer in the country in 1986.

The media tagged his return to the so-called A-grade cinema with Vikram Bhatt’s Elaan in 2005, where he essayed the role of Baba Sikander, the main villain. The film which was said to be on the lines of a modern day Sholay proved to be a dud and so did his role.

Some thought that his shift towards A-grade cinema was a conscious decision as his popularity could prove fruitful to his son Mimoh who is making his debut in He – The Only One. But doing an Elaan didn’t mean that his B-graders were drying up. In fact a month after his A-grade comeback failed to gain money, his market in the B-grade land was still going stable with films like Qatl-e-Aam.

A non-sensical appearance in Sohail Khan’s Lucky – No Time For Love too went unnoticed and then came the big or rather the small film with big hype Classic – Dance of Love. Initially during the making it was said to be a sequel to Disco Dancer, the film which made the Bengali Babu a star overnight. Of course the film was nothing of that sort and the once hit team of Mithun and director B. Subhash could not sustain a face-saving opening for the film.

Believe it or not, Mithun had two releases back to back and both umm… really couldn’t do much for just about anyone. There was Kalpana Lajmi’s Chingaari, a film where critics say he was in top notch form. That film sank without a trace and then came producer Salim’s Sun Zarra. An old outdated look really could not rake in the audience and the film didn’t have anything novel to offer as well.

Check out a fraction from his vast repertoire of Ooty inanities Meri Pyaari Bahania Banegi Dulhani, Bengal Tiger, Khatron Ke Khiladi, Jwalamukhi, Justice Chowdhary, Sultaan, Phool Aur Aag, Aag Hi Aag, Zamindar, Deva, Kahani Kismat Ki, Sanyasi Mera Naam, Ganga Ki Kasam, Heeralal Pannalal, Yamraaj, Mard, Ustadon Ke Ustad, Chandaal, Military Raaj, Sher-E-Hindustan, Shapath.

Also, he set the platform for other actors like Jackie Shroff, Dharmendra, Aditya Pancholi and Johny Lever who too made an entry in the world of B-graders and gave him company in many a film in the late 90’s. Filmmakers TLV Prasad and Rajiv Babbar were the ones who believed in Mithun’s modus operandi and directed most of his films.

And how can so many B-graders just come to his doorstep without him essaying a triple role in one film. Precisely what he did in Rang Baaz (and we thought only an Amitabh or a Rajnikant could do it!)

And for all those who thought that he was a bad actor. Well not so long ago, Mithun won the Filmfare Award for his small time film Jallad in the Best Villain category. This award came at a time when there were not many award functions happening in the country and the credibility was high.

So what’s really going wrong with the two time National Award winner? Some say, his luck has run out, some say he’s still in his B-grade mould and needs some really author backed roles to play.

One really hopes Mani Ratnam’s film Guru (co-starring Abhishek Bachchan, Aishwarya Rai and Vidya Balan) and Budhdev Das Gupta’s Kaal Purush (co-starring Rahul Bose and Sameera Reddy) give us back Mithun – the actor. Das Gupta is the same Bengali director whose film Tahader Katha fetched Mithun his second National Award.

Hope he strikes back sensibly and significantly after which we won’t have to talk about any more of his comebacks. Wishing the Bengali babu moshai all the best!
[/tscii:6ad728c265]

great
18th March 2006, 08:13 PM

Yes He is the ONLY one, and he has abt 3 national awards , I think., He is the second actor in India who posses the most National awards after Kamal
Raghu, for which movies he got National awards :)

Raghu
20th March 2006, 08:09 PM
Great , for his very first film, this is a GREAT achievement indeed

Raghu
20th March 2006, 08:10 PM
Other two films, I am not sure, perhaps Rom can help.

Poornima
21st March 2006, 12:20 PM
first one for Mrigaya directed by Mrinal Sen (mithun's debut) and next for Tahader Katha by Buddhadeb Dasgupta... both brilliant, but the second one was in a different league altogether.. he's a tremendously gifted actor, just gone the wrong way. i remember jaya bachchan saying during an interview in the 80s that mithun was the only possible challenger to amitabh's top spot in the industry. with guru, hope he gets back to the top league.

great
21st March 2006, 03:49 PM
thanks Poornima :o which is the third one though :? ....

I liked his part in agnee path ....... though Vijay Dinanath Chavan stole the show :D

Raghu
21st March 2006, 08:17 PM
first one for Mrigaya directed by Mrinal Sen (mithun's debut) and next for Tahader Katha by Buddhadeb Dasgupta... both brilliant, but the second one was in a different league altogether.. he's a tremendously gifted actor, just gone the wrong way. i remember jaya bachchan saying during an interview in the 80s that mithun was the only possible challenger to amitabh's top spot in the industry. with guru, hope he gets back to the top league.

well said!!!

great
24th March 2006, 07:06 PM
chingaari bombed :roll: :roll: :oops:

rom
30th March 2006, 12:08 AM
chingaari bombed :roll: :roll: :oops:

Chingaari was brilliant film due to Mithunda. Everyone really appreciate Mithunda's acting!!!!!!!

rom
30th March 2006, 12:11 AM
thanks Poornima :o which is the third one though :? ....

I liked his part in agnee path ....... though Vijay Dinanath Chavan stole the show :D

The third one is Swami Vivekanandha. Mithun steal the show in agneepath...