PDA

View Full Version : arr's tamil albums & arr's hindi albums-which is better

nilavupriyan
10th October 2005, 10:38 AM
arr had given a lots of albums in tamil till 1998....then he went to bollywood to make his market wider.

where do u think arr gave his best.......is it in tamil filmdom(both before and after 1998 though he gave only less amount of albums after 1998) or in hindi filmdom

my vote is for tamil filmdom......

ups.....,i have wrongly voted for hindi filmdom.... :roll:

:lol:

ok....what do u all think

buddysathi
10th October 2005, 05:29 PM
I dont think abt this thing at all!!

njv
10th October 2005, 05:49 PM
I dont think abt this thing at all!!
me too

buddysathi
10th October 2005, 06:04 PM
ME 3!!

MADDY
10th October 2005, 11:31 PM
definitely it has to be ARR's tamil albums...ARR has given his best in Tamil movies only.....i dunno y but ARR has concentrated a lot in TFM when even his dubbing albums were a rage in Hindi.....i think he missed many gud projects in hindi(like darr) for useless tamil projects....if he had totally shifted to hindi during 1994-95 then ARR wud have surely been compared with SDBs and naushads of HFM....and also he wudnt have been bashed so badly in TFM discussion forums as his topics wud have been discussed in HFM pages.....hahahaaaa

njv
10th October 2005, 11:42 PM
I would say the otherwise. Honestly I dont think any ARR album can match Rangeela (ofcourse different ppl have different taste, my taste has Rangeela on top of any other albums)

dinesh2002
11th October 2005, 05:15 PM
definitely it has to be ARR's tamil albums...ARR has given his best in Tamil movies only.....i dunno y but ARR has concentrated a lot in TFM when even his dubbing albums were a rage in Hindi.....i think he missed many gud projects in hindi(like darr) for useless tamil projects....if he had totally shifted to hindi during 1994-95 then ARR wud have surely been compared with SDBs and naushads of HFM....and also he wudnt have been bashed so badly in TFM discussion forums as his topics wud have been discussed in HFM pages.....hahahaaaa

i back u up in this man...his tamil albums r the best! listen Alaipayuthey,what an album man..Boys,KKS,or his old once all his tamil album r just perfect,even the dubbed one will sound a lil odd.at the same time im not saying his hindi albums r bad,rangeela,lagaan,meenaxi,ect ect r all mindblowing albums too...but his tamil album gets a speciality that his hindi album does have.... :)

abbydoss1969
11th October 2005, 07:27 PM
His taste in directors he chose to work in HFM, let down, most of the guys were past their prime and gone cases:like subash ghai, govind nihalini, shyam benegal.ARR proba bly, betted on their past glory.
He was luckier in TFM, people like MR, Shankar were in their prime.
But again he worked for has -beens like balachander, bharatiraja etc.
So, definitely his better work has been with these director in Tamil films. :)

genesis
11th October 2005, 10:30 PM
Sincerly speaking some of his latest HFM works are far better than latest TFM albums. Boys/AE had some good songs. New, AhAAh are big let down.

Listen to Bose and Swades... We need some melodies from ARR in TFM urgently.

karthik_sa2
7th November 2005, 08:59 PM
undoubtedly tamil fims only.bcos the number of hits he gave in tamil is far far higher than bollywood.but his debut venture in hindi rangeela had a great effect in changing the style of bollywood music.almost all the songs in that album was ruling hindi films for a long time.bollywood experienced a totally different music for the first time thru that album.but after that he didnt make much impact in bollywood.my fav hindi song of arr is "ek tuhi bharosa"from pukar.the rerecording in lagaan and magal pandey was good too.however in hindi only a few to list but in tamil whatevr he created esspecially in 90's turned out to be gold among people.

Jacky
8th November 2005, 12:10 AM
[tscii:7a23777a26]TFM will not permit him to score gems like
Nima Samaj gaye – Taal
Dhemi Dhemi – Earth
Ahista, Pal Pal – Swades
Oh palanhare – Laagan
Kismat hum – Pukar
Sham Rang – Water
Chodo more baiyan (zubeida)
Journey Home (Bombay dreams)
His HFM albums have longer staying power than his post 2000 TFM albums. Exceptions are Boys, AE and KKS.
TFM might still be his commercial forte but most of his HFM albums are for the soul!

[/tscii:7a23777a26]

A.ANAND
8th November 2005, 11:52 AM
NORTH AND SOUTH A.R.RAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHMAN IS BEST..ENGGAYO KETTA MATHIRI IRUKKA?????

zz
8th November 2005, 12:25 PM
Very nicely put Tacky.

But I do not know why people bash New and AA...My God... See the film and the songs that were made to thaose films.. Remember NEW made ARR readch the C area in TN ..same is the case with A.Ah...People who are generally Kuththu song fans, those who have deserted IR melodies for many years and turned to Deva's Gana and on Sundry MD,s craps have liked the far better album in that category namely New and A.ah....New and A..Ah has widened the musical range of ARR and I see a high potential in SJS-ARR combination in comming years.. Make no mistake...music is not only for the elites...if ARR could give decent music for front bencher and still make it a hit...that in itself will be a big acheivement now.

genesis
11th November 2005, 09:05 PM
zz - you sound like HCIR Fan. They only come-up with some reasoning or other when IR songs are sub-standard.

nilavupriyan
11th November 2005, 09:38 PM
zz - you sound like HCIR Fan. They only come-up with some reasoning or other when IR songs are sub-standard.

u seem to have a sub-standard taste of music....thats why ir songs sounds like that to u