PDA

View Full Version : I hate my office!! Do you? If yes,join the club

buddysathi
11th October 2005, 11:28 AM
Discuss here abt ur pains,tragedies everything else u suffer in ur office.Let this be an outlet for all those unfortunate souls!!

Chappani
11th October 2005, 01:45 PM
I think better still you can post your problems, queries and someone can tell you about the remedies, how you can over come the same.
One simple suggestion I can give you is, if there is room for yourself to change for better then do so and see others change in front of you for better. If this is fruitless then the only option is to change the project/ department or the Company.
There's no point in cribbing about life and others be architect of your lives and build yourself the career which you long for.

buddysathi
11th October 2005, 02:35 PM
Thanks for your valuable suggestion,, but I tried changing my project/dept..it failed.My problem is I dont have any work @office :( I kept nmyself busy reading from tech to sports to spirituality..
ennai pulamba vittungaa...en kooda serthu ennai mmadiri yaaravathu polambarangalunu parthen..Umm :oops:

dev
11th October 2005, 05:23 PM
Hey buddysathi,

Neenga en husb maathiriye polamburinga!!!... He'll join the club promptly if he happens to see this thread... :wink: :lol:

swathy
18th October 2005, 03:40 PM
mm naan konjam polambalam

enga officela irukkiradhe motham 3 tamils. one bloody female from coimbatore was expecting her BF in my place. so naan join panna mudhal naalla irundhe ennai murachitte irukkum . later his BF was supposed to join in my project but the entire team members opposed to it as he already joined as a contractor and torched others like an anything.

avanai reject pannadhu naan thannu ninachittu en mela veruppu pala madangu increase aayiduchu. she doesn't know that the entire team was against him.

she shows her hatred in front of everyone and she made the entire office to know the same.

firstof all both are from same state , same dept . naanum thirumbi pesina office naaridum. so I control myself to the full extent i can

rendu ponnunganala sernthe irukka mudiyadhu sandai than poduvaangannu solliduvaanga. i hate that. Moreover we are software professionals konjam matureda behave pannanum.

Daily mental torcher because of her. She behaves like a kid and insults me badly for each and every thing. I won't speak a single word in front of her. No one in the office knows exactly what the problem is.

I feel very bad. I pray she should get some good job or her BF shud get some job abroad and take her also. what else to do

Shakthiprabha.
18th October 2005, 06:22 PM
Hey buddysathi,

Neenga en husb maathiriye polamburinga!!!... He'll join the club promptly if he happens to see this thread... :wink: :lol:

And as always I MISTOOK UR GENDER and gave discredit of u being a man :)) :twisted:

Shakthiprabha.
18th October 2005, 06:34 PM
mm naan konjam polambalam

Daily mental torcher because of her. She behaves like a kid and insults me badly for each and every thing. I won't speak a single word in front of her. No one in the office knows exactly what the problem is.

I feel very bad. I pray she should get some good job or her BF shud get some job abroad and take her also. what else to do

Its kinda interesting/sad to read all ur probs. Some of us who are housewives, get to really know the kinda problems u guys/gals may have.

swathy,
Uve mentioned she behaves like a kid and u are toleratign her. Is she in a senior position than u?

IF no, why not put a word to ur dept, teammates etc.. in a polite way.

Put in a word in such a way, that it does nto look like a quarrel but more like a disagreement of views. (not much diff except the later is addressed in a polite manner)

Taking insults would affect the morale of employees.
These days in SW industries HR personnel should play vital role in keeping up good team work. For effective team goals, good inter-personnel relationship is very vital

dev
19th October 2005, 07:38 AM
Hey buddysathi,

And as always I MISTOOK UR GENDER and gave discredit of u being a man :)) :twisted:

:lol: :lol: :lol: ... That's ok... I've had the experience of my gender recorded as Male in my vehicle registration & a few certi as well... :wink: :lol:

Arthi
19th October 2005, 08:44 AM
PUT THE GLASS DOWN !

Once A professor began his class by holding up a glass with some water in it. He held it up for all to see; asked the students,

"How much do you think this glass weighs?'50gms!'?...'100gms!....'125gms' ....

The students answered, " I really don't know unless I weigh it."

The professor said, 'Now, my question is: What would happen if I held it up like this for a few minutes?'

'Nothing' the students said.

"OK what would happen if I held it up like this for an hour?" the professor asked.

"Your arm would begin to ache" said one of the students.

"You're right, now what would happen if I held it for a day?"

"Your arm could go numb, you might have severe muscle stress & paralysis; have to go to hospital for sure! ventured another student", all the students laughed.

"Very good. But during all this, did the weight of the glass change?" Asked the professor.

"No" was the reply of all the students

"Then what caused the arm to ache; the muscle to stress?" After a pause the professor asked "Before my arm ache What should I do?"

The students were puzzled.

"Put the glass down!" said one of the students.

"Exactly!" said the professor, "Life's problems are exactly like this. Hold it for a few minutes in your head; they seem OK. Think of them for a long time; they begin to ache. Hold it even longer; they begin to paralyze you. You will not be able to do anything."

It's important to think of the challenges (problems) in your life, but EVEN MORE IMPORTANT to 'put them down' at the end of every day before you go to sleep. That way, you are not stressed, you wake up every day fresh; strong; can handle any issue, any challenge that comes your way!

Remember friend... to PUT THE GLASS DOWN EVERYDAY!

Hi swathy
dont worry yaar.... convey ur problems to HR dept in a polite manner, otherwise instead of you praying for them for going onsite, why don't you try...

swathy
19th October 2005, 10:00 AM
Hey really thanks a lot for your responses. Already my Team Leader spoke to her. But It increased a lot after that. The problem is when I say that to some one it may be silly to others but even silly things hurts.

For the past 1 year she is trying outside but still now she is not getting job. I thought she may quit at any time so lets control ourself till she leaves instead of making it as an issue. But still she is not getting job. Right now Iam into a very good project. Work prospective Iam very comfortable . Once my project completes I should try somewhere.

Once again thanks for your response. Arthi that was really good. I'll just throw this glass and concentrate on my work. :D

Shakthiprabha.
19th October 2005, 10:29 AM
Arthy's post was VERY USEFUL.

Swathy,

I pray for ur FRIEND to get a better job elsewhere :))

buddysathi
19th October 2005, 10:31 AM
Try to think abt the humorous side of ur problems and laugh at it..(there wud be definitely one)..
Seri!! Endha threadla romba polambi mega serial madiri aakida vendam..Plz share ur office humour also..

Cindy
24th October 2005, 04:35 PM
Swathy, i will give you two suggestions, if the first one doesnt work, second then fullstop.

#1 - Go straight to her, talk to her, most females settle with a an open frank discussion. Tell her that u have no probs with her and is worried with the tension going between. Ask her what was that she thought wrong with your actions and tell her the fact... talking to ohters or complaining to higher end would only complicate problems. just have it straight .. face to face.. be bold. I am sure she will give a thought to it, and may even feel guilty about it later giving a better thought to it, if it works.. you are going to get a very good friend... take my word.

#2 - She is still the same? the ONLY thing u need to do these kinda creeps is just to neglect and go on with ur other duties... when they are tired, they will stop.

Post your results..!!!!

Sandeep
25th October 2005, 09:13 AM
most females settle with a an open frank discussion.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

The ONLY thing u need to do these kinda creeps is just to neglect and go on with ur other duties... when they are tired, they will stop.
Thats what we men do.

Cindy
27th October 2005, 07:15 AM
Yes sandeep, unlike men, women are sensible enough to understand thigs on an open talk. Hope u are clear now. if it was a man, i would have asked her to go directly to the second step. The age old secret we learned from our mothers and grandmothers...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sandeep
27th October 2005, 07:42 AM
'Women' and 'sensible' in the same sentence that is oximoron.

Badri
27th October 2005, 07:52 AM
Sandeep, what are you trying to do? Step into Shekar's shoes for sometime? And get blonked by the Hub's entire blonk brigade?

:huh:

Shekhar
27th October 2005, 09:55 AM
[quote=Cindy]most females settle with a an open frank discussion.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

And that open frank one to one discussion will be all over the town!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Shekhar
27th October 2005, 10:02 AM
Whether office or wife, please realise that you are stuck with it. (Office is better because you can change relatively more easily). So don't fret.

A word of wisdom is,

We cannot always have what we like. So it is wise to like what we have. If we don't, we will still have it and be miserable.

I would like to have Aishwarya for my wife, but I can't. So I should like what I have and be happy. :wink: :D :D

There is lot more I can teach to the willing, in continuation of this, how to be happy, still having what you have. But I am sure to get kicked out this hub!! :lol: :lol:

Arthi
27th October 2005, 11:02 AM
But I am sure to get kicked out this hub!! :lol: :lol:

Sure you won't be kicked out of this hub.

But what my perception regarding this thread is...
we should know to control our temper in a proper way otherwise it itself will lead to hypertension( u also accepcted).

So I feel this 2 threads(shout and this one) will give a great relief for hubbers. This thread is a mean to let our anger out, Some or the other way to get rid of our wrath.

When am not in my mood, i write everything on a paper about what made me angry and after somtime i tear the paper. This is my stlye of controlling my temperament. so I personally feel that nothing harm in encouraging this thread

Sandeep
27th October 2005, 11:47 AM
It will be fun if the paper falls into the wrong hands particularly those about whom you have writen.

Then there will be a "open discussion" for sure :lol:

buddysathi
27th October 2005, 01:10 PM
Try these things in the office-This is Only for men(My own personal experience-I did a few of them)
1..Suddenly go in ur worst casual dress for a whole week(alukku jeans & plain t-shirts r good combo)
2..Always laugh unneccassarily at ppl in the next project( Comment very badly abt them, so that ur team member gets scared)
3..Show a old scar after weekend, to ur team members .Tell em u got that after a fight with ur neighbor 2 weeks back(rite now the neighbor is discharged).
4..Show that u r not interested in money at all
5..Tell atleast 20 lies a day to ur collegues( Japanla jackie chan koopitaaga, americala mj koopitaaga, en kiragam naan engae erukkanae vidunga)
6. My best part..During team outings/party especially in other's treat.. behave wildly. Drink and order food heavily. ( Be a 'anniyan' rather than a 'ambi')

But finally. to do these things see that u dont have any pending work against ur name..

I'll list a few more later..

Shekhar
27th October 2005, 02:17 PM
So I feel this 2 threads(shout and this one) will give a great relief for hubbers. This thread is a mean to let our anger out, Some or the other way to get rid of our wrath.

Anger perhaps is the most negative of all emotions. Once you have created that emotion in your mind, the damage is already done. It is better to mature towards not feeling angry at all, than to try to let it out later.
The best way for women to let out their anger is to get a husband!! :lol: :lol:

nirosha sen
28th October 2005, 06:14 AM
Sigh......Shekhar dear!! Looks like you can't live with one of us, neither can you live without us, Pa!!

What makes you think Aishwarya would be any different, if she's viewed thru the same jaundiced lens, Pa???? Huh?????

swathy
28th October 2005, 10:20 AM
Thks Cindy . I tried to speak with her but she was not even ready to hear my words so i went to step 2. least bothered

buddysathi
28th October 2005, 02:16 PM
Happy Diwali to all,, Stay away from office & njoy

Shakthiprabha.
29th October 2005, 11:36 AM
Happy Diwali to all,, Stay away from office & njoy

lol :lol: Happy diwali to all.

Whatever happened to the good old saying...

"IF U LOVE THE JOB U DO, U NEED NOT WORK A SINGLE DAY IN UR LIFE"

Guess its nice talking about such things, sitting in the luxury of 'home sweet home' :)