PDA

View Full Version : IR vs YSR - Has the baton passed over???

MADDY
14th October 2005, 01:52 PM
If IR happens to see this thread, then he will have tears welling up in his eyes in happiness....his own offspring being compared with him......

I definitely think time has come for YSR to be compared with likes of ARRahman and Ilayaraja rather than Harris jeyaraj for his pioneering effort in uplifting standards of TFM from 1999-2005......he seems to be a very intelligent musician realizing the importance of sound quality and his tunes are as good as IR's in his early days...so it is like listening to IR's songs with gud sound quality.......his BGMs, as many suggest, is better than ARRahman's and is equal to IR's which is a gr8 credit to him.......not to forget he is the only MD in the current lot who has a huge fan circle.....so
IS YSR IS SET TO SURPASS HIS DAD"S ACHIEVEMENTS???? i definitely think so, ccos he has the ability in him.....start shooting ur comments folks......thanks... :D

kalnayak
14th October 2005, 04:46 PM
ARR Fans bayangarama think panraale!!! :banghead: !!!
Eppadiyellam IIR-a insult pannalamnu!!!

nilavupriyan
14th October 2005, 05:07 PM
first yuvan arr-a surpass pannatum.....apparam ir-a surpass panradha pathi yosipom :roll:

reagan87
14th October 2005, 05:18 PM
Why talk about YSR surpassing IR when he had yet to surpass HJ. AR & IR is in a different standard, way beyond our thought. They are gems of TFM. At the moment, music directors who are hot in the industry are Yuvan & Harris. They are the one currently ruling TFM alongside the smaller ones like Vidyasagar, Devi Sri Prasad, and the rest. Though IR is still coming out with releases, he has set himself a standard where no one else could compare. So leave him aside. What about AR, he's in TFM with only rare releases and doesnt have much composition for us to talk about unless he's churning out albums one after another like YSR, HJ, VS. So i believe its fair to exclude them from the list and lets compare the likes of YSR, HJ & VS. That would be much fairer point of view. Just my 2 cents!

MADDY
14th October 2005, 05:28 PM
hey guys, how many days will this be happening???? MSV fans criticising a new-IR, IR fans bashing a baby-rahman and ARR fans shooing away novice-YSR and others....i think somewhere down the line we have to realise that it is this younger generation which is going to be the so called "gems" in the future.....i think i have raised a valid point here, i think we have to compare IR and YSR on their:

1.BGMs
2. variety of songs used
3. Mass appeal

i think i need a lot of help from our fellow dfers who have a gud musical knowledge to throw light on the proximity of YSR and IR....

i think i will start with the bgms-----YSR's 7GRC bgm was as gud as any IR's bgms.....i think we have to accept it.....his bgms in OKK was also commendable given a very bad script for that movie......his BGM in arindhum was also superb , so i think YSR scores a point here.......

nilavupriyan
14th October 2005, 05:33 PM
maddy,

pasu maatayum kannukuttiyayum modha vidreengale.....idhu nyayama.....indha vilayaattukku naan varalaaa

abbydoss1969
14th October 2005, 06:29 PM
It looks like a season for friendship!
IR becoming friendly with ARR, ARR becoming buddy buddy with YSR, Now, it is the turn of ARR fans appreciating YSR, It is long way from accusing him of a copycat.Keep it up , folks!

rajdes
14th October 2005, 06:33 PM
Maddy, have you heard of the term thalai Ezhuthu. This is it. Ippadi ellaam compare panna padanumnu IR-kku thalai ezhuthu.

BTW, there is no wonder that you felt YSR's 7GRC BGM was as good as IR's - it was lifted l, s & b from Johnny.

Well, if nothing else, this must atleast be an eye-opener to you - that there is a lot for you to know about TFM - I mean you question yourself when you make all those superlative statements on your favourites :-)

Well, I hate to pass definitive judgements on anyone but this is one statement that can be dismissed - if YSR had that much talent, surely, we would have seen atleast some sparks by now!

Sanjeevi
14th October 2005, 10:11 PM
Great MADDY kanna :D (what happened to u :lol:)

We classifiy TF MDs into 4 sections.
1) Quality MDs :D IR, ARR and YSR
2) semi Quality MDs :) HJ, VS, Deva :?, DeviSri Prsad, Mani sharma, MM Keram
3) Not Quality MDs :wink: Dheena, Srikanth Deva, D.Iman
4) Worst MDs :(

Not only in tamilnadu, entire India tells about tamil MDs that they are geniuses with originality, creativity and trend setting capability. IR, ARR are legends. Once Priyadarsan told about tamil film music field that it has super generatin growing. he told, "Ilaiyaravukku appuram Rehman vanthar. Aduthu YSR vanthirukirar. Thalaimurai valarchi pramadhamaga irukirathu". All the three MDs are currently composing with their way and this is the real beauty.

karthik_sa2
14th October 2005, 11:27 PM
yuvan is the hottest in TFm now ahead of HJ and VS.but he has to go a long way to reach arr.still young

yuvan is esspecialy simply superb in rerecording.

MADDY
15th October 2005, 01:20 AM
Well, if nothing else, this must atleast be an eye-opener to you - that there is a lot for you to know about TFM - I mean you question yourself when you make all those superlative statements on your favourites :-)

rajdes sir, frankly speaking, i'm not a YSR-fan......i need not make superlative statements on YSR.......its just that i feel YSR is the best of the current lot who can be compared to the legends - Allah Rakha Rahman and Ilayaraja atleast in a small way.......his bgms are indeed similar to IRs...i dunt know whether they are copied as i havent seen IRs earlier days movies but 7GRC was a big shock to me as the bgm was very matured and classy......

njv
15th October 2005, 09:18 AM
WILL YSR SURPASS IR??

No one can surpass IR. Period.

mr_karthik
15th October 2005, 05:27 PM
Great MADDY kanna :D (what happened to u :lol:)

We classifiy TF MDs into 4 sections.
1) Quality MDs :D IR, ARR and YSR
2) semi Quality MDs :) HJ, VS, Deva :?, DeviSri Prsad, Mani sharma, MM Keram
3) Not Quality MDs :wink: Dheena, Srikanth Deva, D.Iman
4) Worst MDs :(

BaradhwAjnu oruthar irukkArE, avar enna pAvam panninAr. Avarai endha gradelum sErkavillai, neenga.

appuram innonnu,
IR - YSR kku naduvil Karthik Rajannu oruthar irundharE, enna AnAr?.
Did he become another 'Gangai Amaran'?.

narayanan
18th October 2005, 11:08 PM
No one can surpass IR. Period.

Ditto :)