PDA

View Full Version : Thiruppugazh

S Rajan
16th October 2005, 02:38 PM
Is any body intersted in Thiruppugazg of Arunagirinathar? Can we start some discussion on that?

Sundararajan

j.chenkalvarayan
16th October 2005, 09:04 PM
http://www.kaumaram.com/thiru/

the above url contains thirupugazh verses along with explanation. also it has a good collection of mp3 devotional songs in praise of lord murugan.

RR
17th October 2005, 07:32 AM
Is any body intersted in Thiruppugazg of Arunagirinathar? Can we start some discussion on that?

Sundararajan
Yes, let's start.

S Rajan
17th October 2005, 01:49 PM
http://www.kaumaram.com/thiru/

the above url contains thirupugazh verses along with explanation. also it has a good collection of mp3 devotional songs in praise of lord murugan.

Yes I am aware of it and using it regularly. But it does not contain any discussion. what I am proposing is a literary discussion on it. For example in one of the thiruppugazh songs he uses the word " Sabash" which in my word is not a tamil word. In another place he address Murugan as " raavuththene" which needs some expalanation

Sundararajan

RR
17th October 2005, 02:50 PM
BTW, we are discussing "kandhar anuboodhi" in another thread:

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4699

Idiappam
21st October 2005, 10:47 AM
what I am proposing is a literary discussion on it. For example in one of the thiruppugazh songs he uses the word " Sabash" which in my word is not a tamil word. In another place he address Murugan as " raavuththene" which needs some expalanation

Would you please name these songs where these words occured. We can roll things out, then.

Arunagirinathar lived during the 13th century, when the literary language of the land was heavily contaminated by Sanskrit.

Some sound totally Sanskrit and some of his songs have almost no Sankrist words - like 'allivizhiyaalum'. Hear that song, Chinmaya Sisters.

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/1/s/artist.42/

viggop
21st October 2005, 12:04 PM
The prescence of Sanskrit words do not diminish thirupugazh in anyway.It is a highly devotional work towards Lord Murugan.Lord himself has accepted it and there is no need for us to make comments on what language words have been used by Arunagirinathar.

I thought Arunagirnathar lived in the 15th century.I really love the songs of tirupugazh sung by carnatic musicians.Neyveli Santhanagopalan sings the tirupugazh every year at Vadapalani temple on a festival day devoted to Lord Murugan.

RR
21st October 2005, 12:53 PM
Idiappam,
This topic was discussed in Agathiyar recently. Here's the verses quoted by Pas

[tscii:21ceb2c60b]¸üÀ ¸ó¾¢Õ ¿¡ÎÂ÷ Å¡ú×È
º¢ò¾÷ Ţ墨Â÷ Á¡¸÷º À¡¦ºÉ
¸ð¼ ¦Åí¦¸¡Î Ý÷¸¢¨Ç §ÅÃÈ ...... Å¢Îõ§ÅÄ¡

( 'À¦Â¡ñ¸¢Ã¢ ' ±ýÚ ¦¾¡¼íÌõ ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú)[/tscii:21ceb2c60b]

S.Balaji
21st October 2005, 01:38 PM
Nice to see this thread about Thirupugaz...

Wish to mention that Shri Raghavan Guruji from Delhi has done yeoman service to spread Thirupugaz through Vazipaatu mandram... and the tree has grown extensively across our country. Shri Raghavan has composed tunes in carnatic ragas for the various thirupugaz songs and its being taught through various Students in India.
Before Raghavan Guruji, it was Sri Vallimalai Swamigal who was instrumental in unearthing the Thirupugaz treasure

I wish we get more and more exchange of interesting and useful information about Thirupugaz through this thread...

viggop
21st October 2005, 03:20 PM
Murugadas Sir's Skanda Sashti Kavacam thread has loads of information on tirupugazh

S Rajan
21st October 2005, 06:45 PM
Nice to see this thread about Thirupugaz...

Wish to mention that Shri Raghavan Guruji from Delhi has done yeoman service to spread Thirupugaz through Vazipaatu mandram... and the tree has grown extensively across our country. Shri Raghavan has composed tunes in carnatic ragas for the various thirupugaz songs and its being taught through various Students in India.
Before Raghavan Guruji, it was Sri Vallimalai Swamigal who was instrumental in unearthing the Thirupugaz treasure

I wish we get more and more exchange of interesting and useful information about Thirupugaz through this thread...

Guruji Raghavan,s movement is called "Thiruppugazh anbargal" and we perform Thiruppugazh Isai vazipadu on all important days in all major towns like Chennai, Delhi, Kolkata, Bangalore, Trivandrum, coimbatore, Trichy, Mumbai, Indore etc. Thiruppugazh is ladded with Sansrit words and not contaminated. If it contains contaminated words as per same then then thery are viewing with stained glass. Sri Chekalvara Pillay and his fatehr Sri Subramania Pillai had done yeoment service to the Tamil world by cleecting all the palm leaves and published the book in print form. Vallimai Swamigal was given adesh by Sri sheshadri swamigal [tscii:3c24ce0b34]"¾¢ÕôÒ¸§Æ ¯ÉìÌ Á†¡ Áó¾¢Ãõ" «¨¾§Â ¯À§¾ºÁ¡¸ ¦¸¡ñÎ ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú ÀÃÅ ¸¡Ã½Á¡¸ þÕó¾¡÷.[/tscii:3c24ce0b34] In Sri Ragahavan's school the emphasis is on "chandas" for which thiruppugazh is famous. In fact Arunagiri is called as [tscii:3c24ce0b34]" ºó¾ô ÒÄÅ÷" [/tscii:3c24ce0b34] While the stage artisists sing thiruppugazh in melody form without emphasis on chandas it does not well.

Since I started the thread I will some post intesting points of thiruupugaz in the coming days.

viggop
21st October 2005, 07:05 PM
Dear Rajan
Please do post and teach us what you know about Tirupugazh.As I said before, the Lord has accepted tirupugazh and hence there is no need for us to pass comments on Arunagirinathar's choice of language etc. The Lord obviously does not care and is moved by devotion alone.Keep posting interesting things about tirupugazh

S.Balaji
22nd October 2005, 02:36 AM
Arunagirinathar hailed from Thiruvannamalai. Even though he had all the bad habits in his earlier stages, destiny was such that Lord Murugan must have decided to bring the best out of him. For all his bad habits , he reached a stage when he no longer could continue ( only his sister was supporting him to some extent but ultimately she also gave up ) and when he tried to commit suicide by getting into the top tier of the famous Temple Arunachaleswarar alias Annamalaiyaar , Lord Muruga took him on his laps and stopped him from the suicide attempt and blessed him with divine knowledge.
Arunagirinathar wondered on what to do further and Lord Murugan told him to write devotional songs. While AN could not find a start ..the Lord himself guided him by asking him to start with the words...MUTHAI.... Thats how AN started his famous Thirupugaz by composing ...Muthai tharupathai thirunagai athi......

AN had written countless numbers of Thirupugaz and each one of them are valuable treasures loaded with wonderful meaning... and I wish someone , probably Mr. Rajan to come out with each and every song with a detailed explanation so that all of us will be benefitted...

AN , later his life, visited all the temples where Lord Muruga was the deity and sang devotional songs / Thirupugaz citing the temple and the town

Now, every year, thousands throng to Thiruvannamalai temple to attend Arunagirinathar Vizaa and sing all his songs....

AN, through one of his songs, Adhala sedanaarada... akilameru meedhaada.... .brought Lord Vishnu, Goddess Lakshmi, Goddess Parvathi in one shot ...in the Temple ! Such was the strength of his song....

viggop
22nd October 2005, 10:09 AM
He has also composed "Skandar Anuboothi" (divine experience of Lord Skanda).It is also very devotional piece.

RR
22nd October 2005, 10:33 AM
He has also composed "Skandar Anuboothi" (divine experience of Lord Skanda).It is also very devotional piece.
Viggop,
As I mentioned above, we are discussing it in another thread (detailed analysis of each pA - in Poems forum). Pls go there for more on this.

viggop
22nd October 2005, 01:17 PM
Dear RR
Can you give me the link? I'm unable to find it.Thanks

RR
22nd October 2005, 01:35 PM
Dear RR
Can you give me the link? I'm unable to find it.Thanks
Here: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=4699

S Rajan
22nd October 2005, 01:38 PM
[tscii:ec930e0735]¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú ¾¢ÕרÃ

«ó¾¡¾¢Â¢øÄ¡ þ¨ÈÅÛì ¸ó¾¡¾¢ öýÚ¨ÃòÐõ
¿ó¾¡ ÅÌôÀÄí ¸¡Ãõ «Åü§¸ ¿É¢ Ò¨ÉóÐõ
Óó¾¡ ¾ÃÅ¢ø «Åý Ò¸ú â¾¢Ôõ ÓüÚï ¦º¡ýÉ
±ó¾¡ö «Õ½ ¸¢Ã¢¿¡¾ ±ý¨É ¿£ ²ýÈÕ§Ç

ÅûÇ¢Á¨Ä ÍÅ¡Á¢¸û Å¢ÕôÀò¾¢Õ¸¢½í¸ ¾¢Õ ¦ºí¸øÅáÂôÀ¢û¨Ç «Å÷¸Ç¡ø þÂüÈôÀð¼ þôÀ¡¼Ö¼ý ¾¡ý ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú þ¨ºÅÆ¢À¡Î ¦¾¡¼íÌõ. «§¾ §À¡ø þó¾ ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú ÌØÁò¾¢Öõ ‘«Åý «ÕÇ¡§Ä «Åý ¾¡û’ Å½í¸¢ ‘Å¢ìÉ Å¢¿¡Â¸ý «Ê §À¡üÈ¢ ÐÅí̧šõ. ¸ÕòÐ, ±ØòÐ À¢¨Æ þÕôÀ¢ý ¦À¡ÕòÐì ¦¸¡ûÇ×õ. ÀÊò¾Ð ¦¸¡ïºõ. ÀÊòÐ «È¢Â §ÅñÊÂÐ þýÛõ ÀÄ.

‘±õ «Õ½¸¢Ã¢ ¿¡¾÷ µÐ À¾¢É¡È¡Â¢Ãõ ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú «ÓЧÁ’ ±ýÈ Å¢Ã¢ï¨ºô À¢û¨Çò ¾Á¢ú Åâ¸Ç¡Öõ, ‘«Õ½¸¢Ã¢ ¿¡¾É¨Èó¾ À¾¢É¡È¡Â¢÷ ¸Å¢¨¾ ¦ÂýÚĸ¢ø ¡Õõ ¯¨Ã Ò¸Öõ ¦¾öÅò ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú’ ±ýÈ ¾½¢¨¸ÔÄ¡ À¾í¸Ç¡Öõ ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú À¡¼ø¸û ¦Á¡ò¾õ 16,000 ±ýÚ «È¢¸¢ý§È¡õ. ¬É¡ø ÀÄ ÍÅʸû ¸¡½¡Áø §À¡Ôõ, ¾£ìÌ¢¨È¡¸¢Ôõ, Á츢Ôõ §À¡ö þýê ¿ÁìÌ ¸¢¨¼ò¾¢ÕôÀÐ 1340 ÁðΧÁ.

¾¢Õ ÍôÃÁ½¢ÂÀ¢û¨ÇÂÅ÷¸û Á¡Åð¼ ¿£¾¢À¾¢Â¡Â¢Õó¾ ºÁÂõ «íÌ º¢¾õÀÃõ «÷îº÷¸û ÅÆ즸¡ýÚ Åó¾Ð. «÷÷¸û ¾ÁìÌ º¡¾Á¡¸Â¢ÕìÌõ ¾Á¢ú þÄ츢Âò¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ ´Õ Åâ¨Â §Áü째¡û ¸¡ðÊ¢Õó¾É÷. «ó¾ Åâ¸Ç¢ø þÕó¾ «Æ¨¸ ¸ñÎ «Ð ¾¢ÕôҸƢĢÕóÐ ±Îì¸ôÀð¼Ð ±ýÚ ¾¢Õ ÍôÃÁ½¢ÂÀ¢û¨ÇÂÅ÷¸û «È¢ó¾¡÷. À¢ýÉ÷ «Ð ¦¾¡¼÷À¡¸ ¯Ã¦ÄøÄ¡õ ÍüÈ¢ ÀÆ ÍÅʸ¨Ç §º¸Ã¢òÐ ¦¾¡ÌòÐ ¦ÅǢ¢üÈ¡÷.

¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú ÀÄ Å¨¸Â¢Öõ Á¢¸ «Õ¨ÁÂ¡É áø. À쾢ͨÅ, ¦À¡ÕðͨÅ, ¦º¡üͨÅ, ¾òÐÅ¡÷ò¾ ¸ÕòÐì¸û «¼í¸¢Â ´Õ ¦Àð¼¸õ Ìõ. ¾õ¨Á ñ¼ÕǢ ÓÕ¸¨É À¡ðÊý ¾¨ÄÅÉ¡¸ ¨ÅòÐ À¡ÊÉ¡Öõ, ¸½À¾¢, º¢Åý, À¡÷ž¢, ¿¡Ã¡Â¡½ý, ¸¢Â ¦¾öÅí¸¨ÇÔõ ´ôÀ¢Ä¡ Ũ¸Â¢ø ¯Â÷ò¾¢ôÀ¡Ê, þò¾¨¸Â ¸¼×ÙìÌ þ¨Ç§Â¡§É, ÌÕ¿¡¾§É, ÌÁçÉ, ÁÕ§¸¡§É ±É ÌÄô ¦ÀÕ¨Á À¡Ê о¢ìÌõ Ó¨È §ÅÚ ±ó¾ þÄ츢Âò¾¢Öõ ¸¡½ ÓÊ¡Ð. §¾Å¢¨Â ( À¡÷ž¢) ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ðÎ À¡Îõ À¡¼ø¸û Á¢¸ «üÒ¾Á¡¸ þÕ츢ýÈÉ.

À¡¼ø¸Ç¢ý Ó¾ø À¡¾¢Â¢ø Á¡É¢¼÷¸Ç¢ý ÌüÈí¸¨ÇÔõ, þÆ¢Å¡É Å¡ú쨸 ӨȸÙõ, ¿¢¨Ä¡ Å¡ú쨸¢ý Áý «ÅŠò¨¾¨ÂÔõ ÜÈ¢ À¢ý À̾¢Â¢ø Óոɢý º¢ÈôÒ¸¨Ç ÜÈ¢ ‘ ¿£ ÅóÐ ±¨Á ¬ð¦¸¡ûǧÅñÎõ’ ±É À¢Ã¡÷ò¾¢ì¸¢È¡÷ ¿Á측¸.

“«ÁÃ÷ º¢¨È Á£ð¼ ¦ÀÕÁ¡§Ç,
þ¸Àà ¦ºÇÀ¡ì¸¢Âõ «ÕûÅ¡§Â”

“¿¢¨ÈôÒ¸ú ¯¨ÃìÌõ ¦ºÂø ¾¡Ã¡ö”

“þ¾Âõ ¾É¢Ä¢ÕóÐ ìÕ¨À¡¸¢
þ¼÷ ºí¨¸¸û ¸Äí¸ «ÕûÅ¡§Â”

±ýÀÉ º¢Ä À¢Ã¡÷ò¾¨É Á½¢¸û
[/tscii:ec930e0735]

Uthappam
26th October 2005, 03:11 PM
My father's favourite

'karuvil uruvaagi vanthu...'

S Rajan
26th October 2005, 07:11 PM
[tscii:fbb63961c1]¾¢ÕôÒ¸úò ¾¢Õרà 2

«Õ½¸¢Ã¢ ¿¡¾ ±Ø¾¢Â áø¸û 6. ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú, ¸ó¾÷ «Äí¸¡Ãõ, ¸ó¾÷ «ó¾¡¾¢, ¸ó¾÷ «Ûâ¾¢, §Åø-Á¢ø-§ºÅø Å¢Õò¾õ, ÅÌôÒ.
Óոɢý ¾¢ÕÅÊ, Óոɢý Ò º¢ÈôÒ, ¾¢ÕÅÊ º¢ÈôÒ, ÓÕ¸ý À¨¼, Óոɢý À¨¼, §À¡÷ Å£Ãõ, Óոɢý À¡÷¨Å º¢ÈôÒ ±ý ¾É¢ò¾É¢Â¡¸ À¡Ê¨Ÿ§Ç ÅÌôҸǢý ¦¾¡ÌôÀ¡Ìõ.

¾¢ÕÅñ½¡Á¨Ä¢ø Óոɡø 𦸡ñ¼À¢ÈÌ ÅÂæ÷ ¦ºýÚ ¸½À¾¢¨Â À¡Ê À¢ÈÌ ¾Äõ §¾¡Úõ ¦ºýÚ À¡Ê À¡¼ø¸û ÀÄôÀÄ. «¨Å¸¨Çò ¦¾¡ÌòÐ ¸£ú ¸ñ¼Å¡Ú Ũ¸ô ÀÎò¾¢Õ츢ýÈÉ÷
Å¢¿¡Â¸÷ 6
¬Ú ¾¢ÕôÀ¾¢ ( ¬Ú À¨¼Å£Î ±ýÚ
±ø§Ä¡È¡Öõ ¦º¡øÄôÀÎÅÐ) 317
¾¢ÕôÀÃíÌýÈõ 14
¾¢Õóà÷ 83
ÀÆ¿¢ 97
ÍÅ¡Á¢Á¨Ä 38
¾¢Õò¾½¢¨¸ 63
ÌýÚ§¾¡È¡¼ø 6
ÀÆÓ¾¢÷§º¡¨Ä 16
Àïºâ¾Ä Š¾Äí¸û 207
¸¡ïº£ÒÃõ (ôÕ¾¢Å¢ Š¾Äõ) 44
¾¢ÕÅ¡¨É측(«ôÒ Š¾Äõ) 14
¾¢ÕÅÕ¨½(«ìÉ¢ Š¾Äõ) 79
¾¢Õ측Çò¾¢(Å¡Ô Š¾Äõ) 3
º¢¾õÀÃõ(¸¡º Š¾Äõ) 67

ÁüÈ Š¾Äí¸û 477
¦À¡Ð 316
§‡ò¾¢Ã §¸¡¨Å 1
¾¢Õ¦ÅØÜüÈ¢Õ쨸 1

¬¸ 1324 ¾¢ÕôÒ¸ú À¡¼ø¸û ¿ÁìÌ ¸¢¨¼ò¾¢Õ츢ÈÐ. þýÛõ 16 À¡¼ø¸û «Õ½¸¢Ã¢Â¡÷ ¾¡ý þÂüÈ¢Âо¡É¡ ±É ºó§¾¸ò¾¢ø þÕôÀ¾¡ø þ¾¢ø §º÷ì¸ôÀ¼Å¢ø¨Ä. ( ¦Á¡ò¾ À¡ðÎ ±ñɢ쨸¢ø º¢Ä Å¢ò¾¢Â¡ºí¸û þÕì¸Ä¡õ)

«Ûâ¾¢ À¡¼ø(50)¸¨Çò¾Å¢È ²¨É À¡¼ø¸û ŠÐÄ ºÃ£Ãò¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ À¡Ê¾¡¸×õ, «ëâ¾¢ ¸¢Ç¢ åÀò¾¢Ä¢ÕóÐ À¡Ê¡¾¡¸ ¿õÀôÀθ¢ýÈÐ. «Ûâ¾¢ Áó¾¢Ã º¡Š¾¢ÃÁ¡¸×õ ¸Õ¾ôÀθ¢ÈÐ.

¾¢Õ¦ÅØÜüÈ¢Õ쨸 À¡¼¨Ä À¡ÊÉ¡ø ±øÄ¡ò¾¢ÕôÒ¸¨ÆÔõ À¡ÊÉ ÀÄý ¸¢¨¼ìÌõ ±ýÀ¡÷¸û

ÅÇÕõ

[/tscii:fbb63961c1]

viggop
26th October 2005, 08:39 PM
Dear rajan
Please write a lot.eagerly reading posts.

j.chenkalvarayan
26th October 2005, 09:12 PM
yeah me too sir. please continue to write in this thread.

rajraj
26th October 2005, 10:06 PM
Rajan: Good series! Let me make a suggestion to you. Please use commonly known words. Not many know prithvi is earth(maN/nilam) or appu is water (neer). This will make it enjoyable for the common man. As you know thiruvaanaikaaval is better known than jambukeswaram.

S Rajan
31st October 2005, 12:09 PM
[tscii:83d80062f6]¾¢ÕôÒ¸úò ¾¢Õרà 3

]¬¨ºÜ÷ Àò¾§Éý Á§É¡ÀòÁÁ¡É â ¨ÅòÐ
¿Î§Å «ýÀ¡É áÄ¢ðÎ ¿¡Å¢§Ä º¢òÃÁ¡¸§Å ¸ðÊ
´Õ »¡É Å¡ºõ Å£º¢ ôḡº¢Â¡ ¿¢üÀ
Á¡º¢§Ä¡÷ Àò¾¢ «Ç¢À¡¼
Á¡òÕ¸¡ Ò‰ÀÁ¡¨Ä
§¸¡Ä ôÃ¡Å¡Ç À¡¾ò¾¢ø «½¢§Å§É¡?[/

¿ÁìÌõ ¬ñ¼ÅÛìÌõ þ½Â¡¸ þÕìÌõ ´Õ ÒÉ¢¾ ¦À¡Õû ÁÄáÌõ. ¬ñ¼Åý ÅÆ¢À¡ðÎìÌ â×õ, ¿£Õõ ´Õ Ó츢ÂÁ¡É ¦À¡ÕÇ¡¸ì ¸Õ¾ôÀθ¢ÈÐ. «Ð§Å ±Ç¢¾¡ÉÐõ. (ÀòÃõ Ò‰Àõ ÀÄõ §¾¡Âõ... ... ¸£¨¾)

¬ñ¼ÅÛìÌ âîÝðÊ «ÆÌ À¡÷ò¾ò ¾¢ÕøÅ÷¸û ÀÄ÷. «Å÷¸Ç¢ø «Õ½¸¢Ã¢¿¡¾Õõ ´ÕÅ÷. «¼õÒ, «ÚÌ, ¸¼õÒ, ¸Ãó¨¾, ¸Ø¿£÷, ¸¡óòø, Ìá, ܾÇõ, ¦¸¡ý¨È, §¸¡íÌ, ºñÀ¸õ, ¾¡Á¨Ã, Ðõ¨À, Óø¨Ä, À¢îº¢, ¦Åðº¢, Á¸¢ÆõÒ, À¡¾¢Ã¢ôâ, §À¡ýÈ ÁÄ÷¸Ç¡ø ÓÕ¸¨É «÷츢ȡ÷. «÷º¢ì¸ÁðÎÁ¢ø¨Ä, «ôÀʧ «¨Æì¸×õ «¨Æ츢ȡ÷. ¦ºî¨º!, þó¾£ÅÃ!, ¦Åðº¢ô Ò§ŧÇ!, ¸¼õÀ¡!, ¸¼õÀ¢ý ÁÄ÷ Á¡¨Ä Á¡÷À¡!, ¾¡÷ Á¡÷À¡!

þ¨¾¦ÂøÄ¡õ Å¢¼ º¢Èó¾ Á¡¨Ä ´ý¨È Óոɢý ‘§¸¡ÄôáÅÇ’ À¡¾ò¾¢ø «½¢Å¢ì¸ Å¢ÕõÒ¸¢È¡÷. «Ð¾¡ý ‘Á¡òÕ¸¡ Ò‰ÀÁ¡Ä’.
«Ð ´Õ Áó¾¢Ã Á¡¨Ä. ³õÀò§¾¡÷ «ŒÃí¸¨Ç ¨ÅòÐ ¸ðÊ Á¡¨Ä. ¦ºÊ¢ø, ¦¸¡Ê¢ø, ÁÃò¾¢ø âìÌõ âì¸û Áí¸¢, «Ø¸¢ §À¡ö Å¢¼¡¾¡? «Ð ¸¡Ä¦ÁøÄ¡õ ¿¢¨Äò¾¢Õì¸ §Åñ¼¡Á¡? Å¡¼¡¾ â Á¡¨Ä ±Ð:? «Ð ¾¡ý ÁòÕ¸¡ Ò‰À Á¡¨Ä.

‘ ¯ýÛ¨¼Â Àì¾ý ¿¡ý. ±ýÉ¢¼õ ÁÉõ ±ýÈ ¾¡Á¨Ã Ò‰Àõ þÕ츢ÈÐ. «¨¾ ¿ÎÅ¢ø ÌïºÁ¡¸ ¨ÅòÐ ¦º¡ø ÁÄ÷¸¨Ç «ýÒ ±ýÛõ áÄ¢ø §¸¡òÐ ´Õ Á¡¨Ä ¸ð¼ô§À¡¸¢§Èý. «Ð×õ ±ýÛ¨¼Â ¿¡Å¢É¡ø ¸ð¼ô§À¡¸¢§Èý. «ó¾ Á¡¨Ä¢ø »¡Éõ ±ýÈ ¿ÚÁ½ò¨¾ §º÷ô§Àý. «ýÀ÷¸Ç¢ý ¿øÄȢš¸¢Â (Òò¾¢) Åñθû «¨¾ ¦Á¡öìÌõÀÊ þÕ츧ÅñÎõ. «ò¾¨¸Â¡É Áó¾¢Ã â÷ÅÁ¡¸ ¸ðÊ Á¡¨Ä¨Â ¯ó¾ý ÀÅÇõ §À¡ýÈ À¡¾í¸Ç¢ø «½¢Ôõ À¡ì¸¢Âò¨¾ ±ýÚ ¦ÀÕ§Åý? ±ýÀÐ «ÅÕ¨¼Â ¬Åø, ²ì¸õ. âÁ¡¨Ä «øÄ; À¡Á¡¨Ä «Å÷ ¸ðÊÂÐ: ¿£í¸û ¦¾¡¼÷óÐ Å¡º¢ì¸ô§À¡ÅÐ.

¬ñ¼Åý ¾¢ÕÅʸû ¾¡ý «ýÀ÷¸Ç¢ý «¨¼¸Äõ. «¾É¡ø «ó¾ Á¡¨Ä¨Â À¡¾í¸Ç¢ø ºÁ÷ôÀ¢ì¸ Å¢ÕõÒ¸¢È¡÷.

‘ºÄ ºÄ’ ‘À¼ À¼’ ±ýÀÉ ¦º¡ü¸Ç¢ý §¸¡÷¨Å§Â¦Â¡Æ¢Â «¨Å¸û Å¡÷ò¨¾¸û ¬¸¡Ð. ºô¾õ ÁðΧÁ ¯ñÎÀñÏõ Å¡÷ò¨¾¸û. «Æ¸¡É «ŒÃí¸¨Ç ¦¸¡ñ¼ ¦º¡ü¸§Ç ¸¡Äò¨¾ ¸¼óÐ Áó¾Ã â÷ÅÁ¡¸ þÕìÌõ. ‘¿Á º¢Å¡Â’ ‘¿§Á¡ ¿¡Ã¡Â½¡’ ‘ºÃ½Å½ ÀÅ’ ±ýÀÉ þó¾ Ũ¸Â¢ø «¼íÌõ. ‘«’¸¡Ãõ Ó¾ø ‘‡’¸¡Ãõ Ũà ¯ûÇ þó¾ ³õÀò§¾¡Õ «ðºÃí¸û ¬Ú ¾¡Ãí¸Ç¢ø «¼í¸¢ÔûÇÉ: þó¾ «ŒÃ§Á ±øÄ¡ ÁóòÃí¸Ç¢Öõ ¯Â÷ó¾Ð. þó¾ Áó¾¢Ãò¨¾ , Á¡òÕ¸¡ Áó¾¢Ãõ ±ýÚõ, ,Á¡Ä¡ Áó¾¢Ã¦ÁÉ×õ, §Á¡ Áó¾¢Ã¦ÁÉ×õ §Å¾ º¢Å¡¸Áí¸û ÜÚ¸¢ýÈÉ ±ý¸¢È¡÷ šâ¡÷ ŠÅ¡Á¢¸û. þó¾ ºô¾í¸Ç¢ý §¸¡÷¨Å ´ÕÅ¢¾ ¿¡¾ò¨¾ ¦¾¡É¢ìÌõ. ż ¦Á¡Æ¢Â¢ø «¨¾ ºô¾ô À¢ÃÀïºõ, «÷ò¾ô À¢ÃÀïºõ ±ýÀ÷. þÅüÈ¢ø ÅÕõ ãÄ ´Ä¢¸§Ç À£ƒ¡ðºÃí¸û. þŸ¨Ç Ó¨ÈôÀÊ À¢ýÚ ¯îºÃ¢ìÌõ ¦À¡ØÐ ¿õ ¯½÷¨Åì ¸¢Ç÷óÐ ±ÆöÔõ.

«Õ½¸¢Ã¢Â¡÷ «½¢§Å§É¡ ±ýÚ Â¡¨Ã §¸ð¸¢È¡÷?

º¢øÅñθû ¦Á¡öìÌõ ¸¡ðÊø (Á£Í¸¡ÉòÐ) ÅûÇ¢¨Â §¾Êî ¦ºýÈŨÉ.
¸¼ôÀÁ¡¨Ä «½¢ó¾ ³Â¨É!
ÅÄ¢¨ÁÁ¢ì¸ ³Ã¡Å¾ ¡¨É ( ãâ§ÅÆòÐ) ÅÇ÷ò¾ Á¢¨Ä¦Â¡ò¾ §¾Å ¡É¢ý ¸½Å¨É (Á¢ø Å¡ú§Å)!
[¸¼øÅüÈ ( À§Â¡¾¢§Å¸) [ÝÃý Á¡Ç, ¸¢Ã×ïº Á¨Ä( À¡¨Ã ¿¡¸òÐ) Á£Ð §Åø Å£º¢Â §ÅÄ¡Ô¾¨É!

±ýÉ §¸ð¸¢È¡÷?

¯ý §¸¡Ä ôÃ¡Å¡Ç À¡¾ò¾¢ø Á¡òÕ¸¡ Ò‰À Á¡¨Ä «½¢§Å§É¡?
ÓØ À¡¼ø þ§¾¡.

¬¨ºÜ÷ Àò¾§Éý Á§É¡ÀòÁÁ¡É â ¨ÅòÐ
¿Î§Å «ýÀ¡É áÄ¢ðÎ ¿¡Å¢§Ä º¢òÃÁ¡¸§Å ¸ðÊ
´Õ »¡É Å¡ºõ Å£º¢ ôḡº¢Â¡ ¿¢üÀ
Á¡º¢§Ä¡÷ Àò¾¢ «Ç¢À¡¼
Á¡òÕ¸¡ Ò‰ÀÁ¡¨Ä
§¸¡Ä ôÃ¡Å¡Ç À¡¾ò¾¢ø «½¢§Å§É¡?
ãÍ ¸¡ÉòÐ Á£Ð Å¡ú Óò¾ãÃø §ÅÊ ¾ÉÀ¡Ã
ãúÌ ¿£Àôþ¡À Á¡÷Àò¾ ãâ§ÅÆò¾¢ý Á¢ø Å¡ú§Å!
Å£Í Á£Éô À§Â¡¾¢Â¡ö Å¡öÅ¢ðÎ §Å¸§Å¾¢òÐ ÅÕ Á¡ÝÃ÷
ţƧÁ¡¾¢ô À¡¨Ã¿¡¸òРţçÅø ¦¾¡ð¼ ¦ÀÕÁ¡§Ç!

Á¡ìÕ¾¡ Ò‰ÀÁ¡¨Ä ±ýÚõ À¡¼õ þÕ츢ÈÐ. Á¡ìÕ¾¡ ±ýÈ¡ø ÁÉò¾¢É¡ø ¸ðÊ Á¡¨Ä ±É ¦À¡Õû ÅÕõ

ÅûÕõ ( «Õû þÕó¾¡ø)

[/tscii:83d80062f6]¾ð¼îÍî ¾ÅÚ¸û ºÃ¢¦ºöÂôôð¼É 6/11/05

RR
4th November 2005, 09:49 AM
[tscii:865bd86d7d](Posting for ananth)

¦¾öÅò ¾¢ÕôҸƢý §¾ýͨŨ ¿¡õ¯½÷óÐ
¦Áöº¢Ä¢÷òÐô §À¡Ìõ Å¢¾ò¾¢§Ä - ¦ºöÐÅÕõ
¯í¸û À½¢ì̱õ ¯ÇÁ¡÷ó¾ ¿ýÈ¢¸û!
¦À¡í¸ðÎõ Àì¾¢ô ÒÉø!

«ýÒ¼ý
«Éóò[/tscii:865bd86d7d]

viggop
5th November 2005, 12:57 PM
Arunagirinathar's work mentioned at start of Hanuman series
http://www.harimozhi.com/Article.asp?id=42

S Rajan
10th November 2005, 06:39 PM
[tscii:4fa8032cbb]¾¢ÕôÒ¸úò ¾¢Õרà 4

Áð¼Å¢ú ÁÄ÷¦¸¡Î À½¢§Å§É

Áð¼Å¢ú ÁÄ÷¦¸¡Î À½¢§Å§É - Á½õ Å£Íõ ÁÄ÷¸¨Çì ¦¸¡ñÎ ¯ý¨É À½¢§Åý. þíÌ ‘¯ý¨É’ ±ýÚ Â¡¨Ã ŢǢ츢ȡ÷ «Õ½¸¢Ã¢Â¡÷?

±øÄ¡ ¸Å¢»÷¸Ù§Á Å¢¿¡Â¸É¢ý «Õû §ÅñÊ ¸¡Å¢Âò¨¾ ¦¾¡¼íÌÅ¡÷¸û. «Õ½¸¢Ã¢Ôõ «¾üÌ Å¢¾¢Å¢Äì¸øÄ. ¸½À¾¢¨Â Å½í¸¢ ‘¯ý¨É À½¢§Åý’ ±ýÚ ¸¡Å¢Âò¨¾ ¦¾¡¼í̸¢È÷.

«Å¨É

Ó¾ø§Å¡§É ±ý¸¢È¡÷. ²ý ¦¾Ã¢ÔÁ¡? …¸Ä§¾Å÷¸ÙìÌõ Ó¾ü¸¼×û «¾É¡ø Ó¾ø§Å¡ý; ±ó¾ ¸¡Ã¢Âõ ¦¾¡¼í¸¢É¡Öõ ӾĢø ÅÆ¢À¼§ÅñÊÂ÷ «¾É¡ø Ó¾ø§Å¡ý: º¢Å ÌÁ¡Ã÷¸Ç¢ø ãò¾Åý «¾É¡ø Ó¾ø§Å¡ý; À¢Ã½Å§Á ¡ÅüÚìÌõ Ó¾ø, À¢Ã½Å ŠÅåÀý Å¢¿¡Â¸ý ±ýÀ¾¡ø Ó¾ø§Å¡ý. »¡ÉôÀÆò¨¾ º¢ÅÉ¢¼Á¢ÕóРӾĢø ¦ÀüȾ¡ø Ó¾ø§Å¡ý; ¡ÅáÖõ ±ó¾ ⨃ ¦¾¡¼íÌõ Óý ¦ºöÔõ ⨃ ¸½À¾¢ ⨃¡ɾ¡ø Ó¾ø§Å¡ý; º¢Å¸½í¸ÙìÌ «¾¢À¾¢ (Ó¾ý¨Á)¡ɾ¡ø (¸½¡ò„ý- Å¢¿¡Â¸É¢ý 16 ¿¡Á¡ì¸Ç¢ø ´ýÚ) Ó¾ø§Å¡ý: ¸¢Ã†í¸ÙìÌ ¿¡Â¸ý ɾ¡ø (grahagranya) Ó¾ø§Å¡ý. ¦º¡øĢ즸¡ñ§¼ §À¡¸Ä¡õ.

«Åý ±ôÀÊ þÕ츢ȡý? Áò¾Ç Å¢Ú, ¡¨É Ó¸õ. ÁøÔò¾õ ¦ºöžüÌ ²ÐÅ¡ÉÐ §À¡ø ÀÃó¾ §¾¡û¸û. ¨¸¨Â¢ø ¸É¢¨Â ¨Åò¾¢Õ츢ȡý.

«Åý À¡÷ž¢ §¾Å¢Â¢ý (¯ò¾Á¢) Ò¾øÅÉ¡É¡ìÌõ. ºó¾¢Ã¨ÉÔõ, °Áò¾õ â¨ÅÔõ ¾Ä¢ø ÝÊ¢ÕìÌõ º¢ÅÉ¢ý ( «Ãý) ÌÁ¡ÃÛÁ¡Åý. «ÅÛ¨¼Â Àá츢ÃÁõ ±ôÀÊ ±ýÈ¡ø, «ýÚ ¾¢Ã¢ÒÃõ ±Ã¢ôÀ¾üÌ º¢ÅÀ¢Ã¡ý §¾Ã¢ø ²È¢î ¦ºýȦÀ¡ØÐ «ó¾ §¾Ã¢ý «î¨º ÓÈ¢Âî ¦ºö¾Åý. «ÐÁðÎÁøÄ, ÅûÇ¢¨Â ÓÕ¸ý ¾¢ÕÁ½õ ¦ºöÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ, Â¡É ÅÊÅõ ¦¸¡ñÎ ¯¾Å¢ ¦ºö¾Åý.

«Åý ¸øÅ¢ ¸üÌõ «Ê¡÷¸Ç¢ý Òò¾¢Â¢ø Å¡ºõ ¦ºöÀÅý. §ÁÕ Á¨Ä¢ø ÓýÒ Óò¾Á¢¨Æ ±Ø¾¢ÉÅý. («¸ò¾¢Â÷ ¾Á¢ØìÌ þÄ츽õ ÜÈ «¨¾ Å¢¿¡Â¸ý ±Ø¾¢É¨¾ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢Î¸¢È¡÷) ¸üÀ¸§Á ±ýÚ Ð¾¢ôÀÅ÷¸Ç¢ý Å¢¨É¸¨Ç «¸üÈ¢ÎÅ¡ý

«ó¾ Å¢¿¡Â¸¨É, ¯ò¾Á¢ Ò¾øŨÉ, «Ãý Á¸¨É,

Áð¼Å¢ú ÁÄ÷¦¸¡Î À½¢§Å§É
áÄ¢ý ¿¡Â¸¨É Ó¾ý Өȡ¸ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢Îõ ¦À¡ØÐ ¸ó¾ý, ÓÕ¸ý, ÌÁÃý ±ýÚ ¦º¡øÄ¡Áø ‘ÍôÀ¢ÃÁ½¢’ ±ýÚ ¦º¡øÅÐ ´Õ º¢ÈôÒ, «Õ½¸¢Ã¢ ¿¡¾÷ §Å¾í¸û, ¯À¿¢¼¾õ ÀüÈ¢ «È¢ó¾Å÷. §Å¾ò¾¢ø ¦ÀÂ÷ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ðÎ ¦º¡ýÉ ´§Ã ¸¼×û ÍôÃÁ½¢Âý. «¨¾ ¿¢¨É× ÜÚõ Ũ¸Â¢ø þíÌ, §Å¾ò¨¾ ´ò¾ ¾¢ÕôҸƢø, ¦¾¡¼ì¸ò¾¢§Ä «¨Æò¾¢ÕôÀо¡ý «ó¾ º¢ÈôÒ. þ§¾ô§À¡ø ÍôÃÁ½¢ ±ýÚ ¾¢ÕôҸƢø ¦ÅÌ º¢Ä þ¼í¸Ç¢ø ÁðΧÁ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ðÊÕ츢ȡ÷.

Å¢¿¡Â¸¨É ÅÆ¢À¼¡Áø ¦ºýȾ¡ø º¢ÅÉ¢ý §¾Ã¢ý «îÍ (axil) ¯¨¼ó¾Ð. Å¢¿¡Â¸ý ÅóÐ ¯¾Å¢ ¦ºö¡¾Å¨Ã Óոɡø ÅûÇ¢¨Â Á½õ ¦ºöÐ ¦¸¡ûÇ ÓÊÂÅ¢ø¨Ä. þ¨¾ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ðÎ, ¾ý ÓÂüº¢Â¢ø ¦ÅüÈ¢ «¨¼Â «ö¡ ¸½À¾¢, ¯ý¨É Ží̸¢§Èý ±ý¸¢È¡÷ «Õ½¸¢Ã¢.

¸¡Ç¢¾¡…ý þÃÌÅõº ¸¡Å¢Â ÃõÀò¾¢ø ‘ƒ¸¾ôÀ¢¾¦ÃÇ’ ±ýÚ À¡÷ž¢¨ÂÔõ, º¢Å¨ÉÔõ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ð¼ Á¡¾¢Ã¢, þíÌ «Õ½¸¢Ã¢ ¿¡¾Õõ ¯Ä¸ ¾¡ö¾ó¨¾Â¡Ã¡É À¡÷ž¢¨ÂÔõ ( ¯ò¾Á¢ ), º¢Å¨É¨ÂÔõ ( Áò¾Óõ Á¾¢Ôõ ¨Åò¾¢Îõ «Ãý) ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ðÊÕôÀÐ §¿¡ì¸ò¾ì¸Ð.

¸üÈ¢Îõ «ÊÂÅ÷ Òò¾¢Â¢ø ¯¨ÈÀÅ ±ýÚ ¸½À¾¢¨Â þíÌ ÌÈ¢ôÀ¢ð¼Ð §À¡ø, ‘ÒÄÅ÷ ¿¡Å¢ø ¯¨È§Å¡§É’ ±ýÚ ÓÕ¸¨É §Å§È¡Ã¢¼ò¾¢ø «¨Æ츢ȡ÷. ‘ÓÉ¢Å÷¾õ «¸ò¾¢É¢ø ´Ç¢÷ ¾ÕÅ¡ö’ ±ýÚ ¸ñ½¨É À¡ïº¡Ä¢ ºÀ¾ò¾¢Öõ, ‘ÜÚ À¡ÅÄ÷ ¯ûÇò¾¢ø þÕôÀ¡û’ ±ýÚ ºÃŠÅ¾¢¨ÂÔõ À¡Ã¾¢ ¦º¡øÅÐ ¿õ ¿¢É×ìÌ ÅÃÄ¡õ. ¦ÅǢ¢¦ÄíÌõ §¾¼§Åñ¼¡õ, ¯ûÇò¾¢ø ¯¨ÈÀÅ¨É ¯½÷ó¾¡ø §À¡Ðõ ±ýÀо¡ý »¡É¢¸÷¸Ç¢ý «ÑÀÅõ. ¯ûÇò¾¢ø §¸¡Â¢ø ¸ðÊ «¾üÌ Ì¼Óظ¡ðÊ âºÄ¡÷ ¿¡Â¡É¡÷ ÅÃÄ¡ü¨È ¿¡õ ÁÈóÐÅ¢¼ ÓÊÔÁ¡? «ýÀ÷¸Ç¢ý Éó¾ ¸ñ½£§Ã þ¨ÈÅÉ¢ý ¿£Ã¡¼ø ±ýÚ «Õ½¸¢Ã¢ ¿¡¾÷ À¢Ã¢¦¾¡Õ À¡¼Ä¢ø ÜÈÅ¢ø¨Ä¡?

þ§¾¡ ÓØ À¡¼ø:

¨¸ò¾Ä ¿¢¨È¸É¢ «ôÀ¦Á¡Î «Åø ¦À¡Ã¢
¸ôÀ¢Â ¸Ã¢Ó¸ý «Ê§À½¢ì
¸üÈ¢Îõ «ÊÂÅ÷ Òò¾¢Â¢ø ¯¨ÈÀÅ
¸üÀ¸õ ±ÉÅ¢¨É ¸Ê§¾Ìõ
Áò¾Óõ Á¾¢ÂÓõ ¨Åò¾¢Îõ «ÃýÁ¸ý
Áü¦À¡Õ ¾¢ÈûÒ Á¾ ¡¨É
Áò¾Ç ÅÂ¢È¨É ¯ò¾Á¢ Ò¾øŨÉ
Áð¼Å¢ú ÁÄ÷ ¦¸¡Î À½¢§Å§É
Óò¾Á¢ú «¨¼Å¢¨É ÓüÀÎ ¸¢Ã¢¾É¢ø
ÓüÀ¼ ±Ø¾¢Â Ó¾ø§Å¡§É
ÓôÒÃõ ±Ã¢¦ºö¾ «îº¢Åý ¯¨Èþõ
«îºÐ ¦À¡Ê¦ºö¾ «¾¢¾£Ã¡
«òÐÂÃÐ ¦¸¡Î ÍôÀ¢ÃÁ½¢ÀÎõ
«ôÒÉ Á¾É¢¨¼ þÀÁ¡¸¢
«ìÌÈÁ¸Ù¼ý «îº¢Ú ÓÕ¸¨É
«ì¸½ Á½õ «Õû ¦ÀÕÁ¡§Ç.

¦¾¡¼¡÷ ÅÇà ¸½À¾¢Â¢ý «Õ¨Ç ¿¡Óõ §ÅñΧšõ

[/tscii:4fa8032cbb]

Hari Krishnan
6th December 2005, 11:41 AM
Singing is one way of rendering Thirupugazh. For those who are not endowed with a good singing voice like me, it is a lot more beneficial to recite it with the proper 'sandham' or rhythm. With this in view, I started a series and recorded the 'mayil viruththam'. All the eleven verses of mayil viruththam are available in voice as well as text forms here:

http://www.harimozhi.com/ListArticle.asp?lngArticleId=41

One can hear the verses and read from the text along, which would enable an easier familiarisation.

Uthappam
9th December 2005, 08:50 AM
I tried, Mr. Hari.. There seem to a streaming problem..

sundararaj
30th November 2006, 09:43 PM
[tscii:b239c74156]¨¸¾Ä ¿¢¨È¸É¢....¿øÄ À¡¼ø. ¿ýÈ¢.[/tscii:b239c74156]