PDA

View Full Version : Vsundara Das

Alan
18th October 2005, 11:05 PM
is the ugliest actress at the moment........I don't know.......she reminds me of a cat, not a human and she's soooooo fat. Too fat to be an actress. Sigh ! Why are these ugly girls given a chance?
But yes, she's got a lovely voice. I loved her Shakalaka baby.

I hope she sticks to singing and not acting. Are there ppl here who like her? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend anyone. But basically, I'm allergic to Fat Women........... :)

Alan
1st November 2005, 10:06 PM
No one?

nilavupriyan
1st November 2005, 10:08 PM
in which film does she act?

ssanjinika
1st November 2005, 10:10 PM
Is she acting still??

Surya
1st November 2005, 11:43 PM
I think that she really hot! It just depends on the roles that seh does. I loved her in Hey! Ram as the Iyengar girl. That suited her perfectly! but she didnt' suit the MODERN girl role in Citizen. I think that she's hot, just depends on the roles taht she does.

Alan
2nd November 2005, 07:55 AM
I think she's anything but hot. She looks like a fat cat. Come on, Surya, don't you agree with me that she is too fat for an actress? I mean, the girls on screen are sooooo slim & trim these days, and here you have a fat cat, Garfield singing "love panna thonaliya"...........LOL!

Sandeep
2nd November 2005, 07:58 AM
I agree with Surya that all depends on the role, though I dont like her. But thats not because she is fat as I like a lot of actresses who happen to be fat (at least not slim)

Shakthiprabha.
2nd November 2005, 04:15 PM
Fat or not fat is not the question.

We can see jyothika who is fat, yet kinda cute. She does not really make us feel sick. Vasundara poses herself VULGAR at times(MHO) and that at times is VERY IRRITATING.

I can say one more fat person, who is v.sick to be watched. That is KIRAN. She is worst than VASUNDARA.

Surya
2nd November 2005, 09:43 PM
Vasundra is a little plump, I agree, but I think that if she wore clothes that were traditional, she would be very attractive.

...Kiran.....she is nothing more than a Sex Symbol. :roll: And sheisn't a good one either!! :banghead:

Shakthiprabha.
2nd November 2005, 10:22 PM
Vasundra is a little plump, I agree, but I think that if she wore clothes that were traditional, she would be very attractive.

...Kiran.....she is nothing more than a Sex Symbol. :roll: And sheisn't a good one either!! :banghead:

Precisely! one should KNOW what to wear for the body-type they have. She would look v.tolerable with traditional dresses.

Alan
3rd November 2005, 10:19 PM
Ok, there are ppl who at least agree she doesn't wear clothes right. Vasundara is not "a little plump"- she is fat for Indian standards particularly as an actress & model.

interz
5th November 2005, 08:16 PM
what is she doing now, no news about her recent days....

nilavupriyan
5th November 2005, 09:35 PM
what is she doing now, no news about her recent days....

most latest news....she is sleepy

Alan
7th November 2005, 11:27 AM
She was the cover girl of the latest Art of Jewellery issue. OUCH, Fat Cat with Gold!

nilavupriyan
7th November 2005, 01:16 PM
She was the cover girl of the latest Art of Jewellery issue. OUCH, Fat Cat with Gold!

alan...ungalukku vasundhra das mela apidi enna kobam.....paavam avanga pesama orama irukkaanga........kedakkara onnu rendu padathula nadichuttu irukanga...

propose panni maruthutaangala

Alan
7th November 2005, 09:06 PM
Sorry? I can't understand your language? It sounds like a South Indian one, is it?

nilavupriyan
7th November 2005, 09:38 PM
Sorry? I can't understand your language? It sounds like a South Indian one, is it?
its tamil...

i mean

"what did vasundara as do to u?....why do u start a separate thread just for bashing her?

did she refuse ur proposal? :lol:"

Alan
8th November 2005, 07:08 AM
LOL! I wouldn't propose her in the first place as I prefer a human for a life partner not a fatcat! LOL! Moreover I'm engaged to my childhood sweetheart who is also my cousin. So..........that's that for the time being.

nilavupriyan
8th November 2005, 09:57 AM
LOL! I wouldn't propose her in the first place as I prefer a human for a life partner not a fatcat! LOL! Moreover I'm engaged to my childhood sweetheart who is also my cousin. So..........that's that for the time being.

great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lordstanher
8th November 2005, 09:18 PM
She looks like a fat cat. Come on, Surya, don't you agree with me that she is too fat for an actress? I mean, the girls on screen are sooooo slim & trim these days, and here you have a fat cat, Garfield singing "love panna thonaliya"...........LOL!

Precisely! one should KNOW what to wear for the body-type they have. She would look v.tolerable with traditional dresses.
Um....I daresay wat sum ppl. r misinterpreting as 'fat' is actually buxom, the typical Indian woman's physique!
And VD is not by ne means the 1st one to look like tat, if u notice nearly all the Indian film actresses from the '50s- late '60s (in the South even later) had this type of physique......hence they were best suited to traditional dresses, esp. Sarees as Western/tighter dresses require slim figures as a must! :D
In sum of those old films they show the plump/buxom actresses of tat time wearing tight pants/shirts in sum scenes......and needless to mention, many of today's gen. gals w/ such physique wear the same in real life........I must admit the effect is..........eeeeeewwwww :banghead:

Alan
8th November 2005, 11:20 PM
Thanks Ls for responding.

I clearly understand the diff between buxom & fat. I still say Ms Das is fat because her head is much smaller in proportion to her body unlike the South Indian Actresses, K R Vijaya, Sree Vidya etc

I don't think any of the North Indian actresses were buxom.

Surya
9th November 2005, 06:22 AM
North Indian actresses weren't buxom?? Come one dude, be fair now! :wink:

lordstanher
9th November 2005, 09:44 AM
I clearly understand the diff between buxom & fat. I still say Ms Das is fat because her head is much smaller in proportion to her body unlike the South Indian Actresses, K R Vijaya, Sree Vidya etc.
Well, Ms Das cud be wat is known as micro chephalic(spelling?), ie. head being smaller in proportion to body........
Or reg. the old actresses, its a well-known fact tat many of them wore thick wigs tat cud make their hair look longer & heads look a bit bigger :lol2: :lol2:

I don't think any of the North Indian actresses were buxom.
They were until atleast the mid-60s when I think the slim & trim trend began in B'wood........few of them were so after tat.......

Alan
9th November 2005, 01:38 PM
North Indian Actresses? buxom? No way.

Madhubala (old), Nargis, Mala Sinha, Waheeda Rahman, Noothan, Meenakumari, Asha Parekh, Sharmila Tagore, Hema- who was buxom?

Sandeep
9th November 2005, 01:45 PM
May not be buxom but Meenakumari and Rakhee where both fat.

Wheren't Hema Malini and Sharmila Tagore buxom?

But yes generally Bollywood actresses where and are slim and trim.

Alan
9th November 2005, 01:50 PM
Sharmila buxom? My God! She's the most petite actress in Bollywood!!! Sandeep, are you ok?

And congrats Lordstanner for producing the correct term "micro- cephalic". This is a new word to me.

Alan
9th November 2005, 01:52 PM
Rakhee & Meenakumari & Hema Malini were pleasantly plump, they did not have boobs & butts poking out weirdly. Nor a huuuuuuuuuge ass like VD. They were shapely.

lordstanher
9th November 2005, 11:13 PM
Wheren't Hema Malini and Sharmila Tagore buxom?
Hema malini yes, tat too as she began to grow older, viz. late '70s/early 80s.......but Sharmila Tagore no wayyyy!.........she's the 1st in my list when I think of the first slim & trim actresses in B'wood (apparently she proved it by being the 1st to appear in a 2-piece outfit in her first film- Kashmir Ki Kalli (1964)! :lol2:
Still, she always looked good even in traditional dresses......! :)

And congrats Lordstanner for producing the correct term "micro- cephalic". This is a new word to me.
Tks.......an advantage of having doctor parents I daresay! :wink: :lol2:
Still not sure if this's the correct spelling tho.......will ask my mum later......

Alan
11th November 2005, 01:37 PM
I guess I've devoted soo much time already for the obese feline. No more, no more.
Taata- no more of my precious time for her. 8-)

lordstanher
11th November 2005, 11:22 PM
Here's a comment by her as quoted in 'Savvy' mag (www.savvy.co.in):

"T*ts & a** are marketing tools."

Hmmm......... :roll: :roll:

ssanjinika
11th November 2005, 11:53 PM
Alan havnt you seen any of "Tragedy Queens" movies?Have u seen Asha Parekh in the movie "Teesri Manzil" and MadhuBala was buxom only you didnt notice bcoz she usually wore sarees or salwar kameezes.These are just to name a few...but most men thought that these women were beautiful.
Beauty my friend lies in the eyes of the beholder!

Alan
12th November 2005, 01:34 PM
Here's a comment by her as quoted in 'Savvy' mag (www.savvy.co.in):

"T*ts & a** are marketing tools."

Hmmm......... :roll: :roll:

That's true but not in her case- will u believe if I say that I 've NEVER NOTICED her boobs, Lord stanher? I 've always found her so ugly because of her micro-cephalic form that I have never admired anything about her- When the face is so ugly, how do u feel like noticing the body or hair or anything else?

This is purely my point of view.

Alan
12th November 2005, 01:41 PM
Alan havnt you seen any of "Tragedy Queens" movies?Have u seen Asha Parekh in the movie "Teesri Manzil" and MadhuBala was buxom only you didnt notice bcoz she usually wore sarees or salwar kameezes.These are just to name a few...but most men thought that these women were beautiful.
Beauty my friend lies in the eyes of the beholder!

But all of them had such beautiful faces!

Madhubala is considered the most beautiful face to have adorned the Silver screen b'cause it is believed she never wore make-up!

Asha has a doe-eyed innocent face! How can you even compare these beauties to this OBESE CAT????

lordstanher
13th November 2005, 08:27 PM
Madhubala is considered the most beautiful face to have adorned the Silver screen b'cause it is believed she never wore make-up!
Wowww!!! :shock: R u sure abt this??!!!
Cool then.......'wish I get a wife like her! :wink: :D

Hmm.........'wonder y the succeeding gens. of heroines never took her as an eg./inspiration tho........! Maybe twas the growing influence of market capitalism......?! :roll:

lordstanher
13th November 2005, 10:31 PM
Latest news on msn.com: Vasundhara Das to play IT officer:

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/05/nov/10vasu.asp?msn=true

Vasundhara Das will play an income tax officer in Sea studios' new venture "EIK DASTAK"........The film is directed by Shekhar S Jha and is produced by Harikrishna Rai Bakshi & revolves around taxmen struggling with their unpleasant task and the price that they have to pay when they lock their horns in performance of their duties with high and mighty.
In the changing environments of betrayal and mistrust how these tax men struggle to attain their objectives for national good. They have no friends apart from themselves; no well wishers apart from their own souls and no protection from self acquired skill.
Star cast of the film: Vasundhara Das, Narendra Jha, Shrreya Narayan, Rajeev Verma, Amit Bahl, Murli Sharma, Ravi Kemu and others.
The film is currently under postproduction and will be set for release early November.

My comment: "Early November??" We're nearly in mid-nov. now.......'wonder where these guys r...... :?
Also I don't rem. hearing abt these ppl. b4, except VD.....!

ssanjinika
14th November 2005, 03:51 AM
How can you even compare these beauties to this OBESE CAT????

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dont know why I found that so funny !!I just did.Iam in no way impressed by Ms.Das's face or body though I do like her voice.

Alan
14th November 2005, 02:32 PM
How can you even compare these beauties to this OBESE CAT????

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Dont know why I found that so funny !!I just did.Iam in no way impressed by Ms.Das's face or body though I do like her voice.

LOL! But I've always associated her with a cat- an ugly one at that. Yes, I like her voice too. She's trained in Hindusthani music. Why can't she just stick to that??

Shakalaka Baby was awesome!

Alan
14th November 2005, 02:34 PM
Latest news on msn.com: Vasundhara Das to play IT officer:

http://www.glamsham.com/movies/scoops/05/nov/10vasu.asp?msn=true

Vasundhara Das will play an income tax officer in Sea studios' new venture "EIK DASTAK"........The film is directed by Shekhar S Jha and is produced by Harikrishna Rai Bakshi & revolves around taxmen struggling with their unpleasant task and the price that they have to pay when they lock their horns in performance of their duties with high and mighty.
In the changing environments of betrayal and mistrust how these tax men struggle to attain their objectives for national good. They have no friends apart from themselves; no well wishers apart from their own souls and no protection from self acquired skill.
Star cast of the film: Vasundhara Das, Narendra Jha, Shrreya Narayan, Rajeev Verma, Amit Bahl, Murli Sharma, Ravi Kemu and others.
The film is currently under postproduction and will be set for release early November.

My comment: "Early November??" We're nearly in mid-nov. now.......'wonder where these guys r...... :?
Also I don't rem. hearing abt these ppl. b4, except VD.....!

Let it take all the time in the world & finally not come at all- I don't even want to see the trailors if it is made.

PS: Vasu dear, I love to see you OFF SCREEN! Not ONSCREEN

Alan
14th November 2005, 02:36 PM

Hmm.........'wonder y the succeeding gens. of heroines never took her as an eg./inspiration tho........! Maybe twas the growing influence of market capitalism......?! :roll:

They couldn't take her as a example b'cause they aren't have as beautiful!

Alan
14th November 2005, 02:42 PM
[quote=Alan]Madhubala is considered the most beautiful face to have adorned the Silver screen b'cause it is believed she never wore make-up!

Hey! So, when are you getting married? Your parents have begun bride-hunting already?

lordstanher
14th November 2005, 06:31 PM
Hey! So, when are you getting married? Your parents have begun bride-hunting already?
Ha! No way man.......I still hav a few yrs time (I'm only 23!)........but even otherwise, I guess it cudn't happen now......cos I still hav to complete atleast my degree, then get a "proper" job w/ a "proper" pay (acc. to perception of today's girls' parents! :lol2: ) b4 my mother (father's no more) can think of "match-fixing" for me!
I cud've graduated this yr after my diploma, had I continued stuying in Singapore......but like u, I very much preferred to settle in India.......so tat caused a break in my academics.....!
Hope it turns out to be worth my decision! :D

Alan
14th November 2005, 06:46 PM
oh Sorry! But you should've completed ur studies before coming to India, right?

Anyway, enjoy your bachelor status, pal. I'm gonna lose mine soon..............:-)

lordstanher
14th November 2005, 08:12 PM
oh Sorry! But you should've completed ur studies before coming to India, right?
Yea I guess I shud've...waste of money but...to cut a long story short, I jus wasn't happy there......so I'd advise even u to agree going abroad only if ur happy w/ the thot.......

Anyway, enjoy your bachelor status, pal. I'm gonna lose mine soon..............:-)
Me enjoy it?? Well in tat case I wudn't hav been lookin fwd to getting married even in the near future rite?! :lol: :lol:

Alan
16th November 2005, 08:52 PM
Oh r u really looking forward to getting married? :D

Who is your ideal woman? Who does she look like? What should she be like? Just chumma- say na.

Lambretta
16th November 2005, 11:50 PM
Oh r u really looking forward to getting married? :D
Who is your ideal woman? Who does she look like? What should she be like? Just chumma- say na.
Huh?? U know Tamil? :?
As for my "ideal" woman, I cud go describing her like Dharmendra in the song "dreamgirl".....but then I guess it'll be too digressing from the topic! :) Plus......not sure wat kind of responses it might invite....! :?
But ok.....I'll give u a hint......this was another reason tat I chose to live in India! Tat make sense?? :wink:

Alan
17th November 2005, 12:07 PM
Well, is Chumma a tamil word? I've heard friends say it. It means "for fun, simply "etc, right?

That hint wasn't enough for me to guess. ..............???

A childhod sweetheart, neighbour, family friend?????
Spill the beans, man!

Btw, why have you changed your user id?

Lambretta
17th November 2005, 06:28 PM
Well, is Chumma a tamil word? I've heard friends say it. It means "for fun, simply "etc, right?
Yup, its tamil....and tats wat it means.........! :)

That hint wasn't enough for me to guess. ..............???

A childhod sweetheart, neighbour, family friend?????
Spill the beans, man!
Um...sorry but still hesitant to disclose this in public......! :oops:
Ok hint no.2: U've seen the kind of Ind. actresses tat I liked........
So adding tat to my 1st hint, put 2 & 2 together....simple man! :wink: :D

Btw, why have you changed your user id?
My explanation for tat is in the miscellaneous secn. in the thread "getting to know u"........:)

Alan
17th November 2005, 09:01 PM
ok, Aiswarya Rai?

I'm giving up....!

Lambretta
17th November 2005, 09:25 PM
ok, Aiswarya Rai?
Waat??!!! :shock:
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Noooooooo way!!!!

Alan
18th November 2005, 11:51 AM
Madhu?

Lambretta
18th November 2005, 09:14 PM
Madhu?
Who??!! :shock: :?
Dude......din't u figure me out from my previous posts in this very thread?? :roll: :lol:
Ok........I'll cut a little hole in the bean sack......note tat I ment'd liking mostly the old-time actresses w/ respect to their appearance.......now I said this is one (but not only!) reason I came back to India!
So.......as I said, put 2 & 2 together & u'll know wat kind of wife I've been havin in mind (afa as appearance only is concerned......therez a lot more than this!).........
Hope u got it now?!!

Alan
19th November 2005, 11:06 AM
Of course, I recognised you , LS! By Madhu, I meant Madhubala. I realise you admire actresses from the 60s & 70s . But that will not mean you'll marry one of them. Ok, are you saying you'll marry someone who resembles that era?

Lambretta
19th November 2005, 11:34 AM
By Madhu, I meant Madhubala. I realise you admire actresses from the 60s & 70s . But that will not mean you'll marry one of them. Ok, are you saying you'll marry someone who resembles that era?
*Phew*......u've finally got me buddy!! :clap: :lol:

Jokes apart, its not enuff if she jus resembles them of course....character/values/attitude also count, and boy do they count a lot!

Alan
20th November 2005, 10:15 AM
Oh Boy! Don't tell me you want her to look anachronic- u know in those 60s bouffant hair style & long sleeved blouses. It wouldn't suit the times! :lol:

Lambretta
20th November 2005, 12:41 PM
Oh Boy! Don't tell me you want her to look anachronic- u know in those 60s bouffant hair styles & long sleeved blouses. It wouldn't suit the times! :lol:
Um.....nope I don't like bouffant hair styles (if u mean the "bird's nest" buns of the '60s! :lol: )....but yes, long hair! :wink:
Not nec. long sleeves either......altho I do adore trad. attires, I'm by & large ok w/ nething tat looks decent.....which means low-neck/low-hip r out of the qsn......!
Personally I feel how we look proper is more imp. than struggling to suit ourselves w/ the times! :)

Alan
20th November 2005, 12:50 PM
That's true. I'm for one who wears what suit me than go after Fashion & Trends. But I wouldn't wear a Rajasthani dress & a turban even if I look good in it. Or a "Dhoti" etc. So, one needs to keep up with the times too.

Lambretta
20th November 2005, 01:04 PM
That's true. I'm for one who wears what suit me than go after Fashion & Trends. But I wouldn't wear a Rajasthani dress & a turban even if I look good in it. Or a "Dhoti" etc. So, one needs to keep up with the times too.
Well........no doubt dhotis etc. r obsolete (as r most men's trad. dresses! altho I always wear "Veshtis"/lungis when I'm at home! :)) but Sarees/women's trad. outfits r still considered "normal" even as everyday wear (barring sum cosmo workplaces)........BUT I wud not force my wife to wear them if shez not int'd jus bcos I adore them.......as long as she wearss sumthing decent......! :)
As I said, this is only the tip of the iceberg.......character/values play a far more imp. role!

Alan
20th November 2005, 01:22 PM
Well, this has been an interesting discussion, LS, and thanks to the ugly Vasundara Das. Its kind of refreshing to see someone who adores the olden times. You know ppl are so Futuristic today & that's a bit Alarming sometimes, u know.

Nice, VS haters are intelligent ppl who have intereting stuff to discuss, rite? U , me & SS. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Lambretta
20th November 2005, 06:20 PM
Well, this has been an interesting discussion, LS, and thanks to the ugly Vasundara Das. Its kind of refreshing to see someone who adores the olden times. You know ppl are so Futuristic today & that's a bit Alarming sometimes, u know.Nice, VS haters are intelligent ppl who have intereting stuff to discuss, rite? U , me & SS. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tks! :D
U know, even I got a bit alarmed abt u, thinkin tat u were one of those "futuristic" dudes, when u mentioend abt keeping up w/ the times etc......! :lol2:
Glad to interact w/ sumone who like to hear me out too.......now I guess its back to the topic this thread was meant for! :D
More when neone hears latest news abt VD!

karthik_sa2
3rd December 2005, 10:37 PM
the latest news on VD is that she's passed away after seeing this thread

Lambretta
4th December 2005, 10:09 AM
Hehehe............!

nilavupriyan
4th December 2005, 10:27 AM
Hehehe............!

thanks to alan! :lol:

Lambretta
4th December 2005, 10:29 AM
Yea, so I guess we owe Paa-ji a virtual PARTY (maybe w/ sum online Bhangra in it)??!! :lol: :lol: 8-)

Alan
4th December 2005, 01:28 PM

Good one, karthik!!

Don't give me hopes!

Alan
4th December 2005, 01:30 PM
Hehehe............!

You are welcome, this is the least I could do for our Society/Country/the World! :lol:

Alan
4th December 2005, 01:36 PM
Yea, so I guess we owe Paa-ji a virtual PARTY (maybe w/ sum online Bhangra in it)??!! :lol: :lol: 8-)

thanks for the party, lambretta. but no bhangra puhleeese!
I've been hearing that for a long long time.

Maybe, some AR Rahman Music, :-)

Lambretta
4th December 2005, 07:14 PM
thanks for the party, lambretta. but no bhangra puhleeese! I've been hearing that for a long long time.

Maybe, some AR Rahman Music, :-)
Oye! :shock: A sardar tired of hearing Bhangra!!
Wow.......r times changing tat fast?! :lol: