PDA

View Full Version : The Every Indian Family Saga - Reliance controversy

Sandeep
2nd December 2004, 07:08 PM
The great loving Indian family.

Loving Parents and children. Then children grow up gets married and outside influence comes into the family.

Soon the loving family is worse that the worst enemies.

Isnt Reliance controversy the story of each Indian family ?

Querida
3rd December 2004, 01:28 AM
what is the reliance controversy?

Sandeep
3rd December 2004, 02:32 AM
Reliance
The Reliance Group founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani (1932-2002) is India's largest business house with total revenues of over Rs 99,000 crore ($22.6 billion)

Reliance is the only India private company in Fortune 500 companies.

17% of the total profits of the private sector in India.
25% of India investors are Reliance shareholders.

Over and above the money involved Reliance is Indians Enterprenership face to the world. Its considered to be one of the most professionally managed company.

Sandeep
3rd December 2004, 02:43 AM
The controversy

Till resently Relaince was Indian pride in Business world but in the last month the ownership issue between the two brothers (Mukesh elder and Anil younger) came in public.

Dhirubai Ambani made this company the first indian company to cross a profit of $1 billion with his sweat and blood. But after his death (last year) the brothers started having problem amoung them. The company is so important for Indian economy that even PM Manmohan Singh and Super PM Sonia Gandhi, Ministers like Lalu yadav have made public comment about the issue.

The genesis of the present trouble goes back to 1994 when the first of their children was born (Mukesh's child). But so long as patriarch Dhirubhai Ambani was alive, the differences remained subliminal and perhaps were confined to their own family quarters, aired only by their wives, Nita and Tina, "about the futures of their children". (Ya children :roll: )

But once Dhirubhai was gone, the inchoative cracks became open fissures that led to the two brothers not talking to each other since almost December 2002, about five months after their father's death.

And now the fight is public, effecting the companies share values.

Sandeep
3rd December 2004, 02:47 AM
Reliance
The Reliance Group founded by Dhirubhai H. Ambani (1932-2002) is India's largest business house with total revenues of over Rs 99,000 crore ($22.6 billion)

Reliance is the only India private company in Fortune 500 companies.

17% of the total profits of the private sector in India.
25% of India investors are Reliance shareholders.

Over and above the money involved Reliance is Indians Enterprenership face to the world. Its considered to be one of the most professionally managed company.

ok sorry but im still missing the point what does that have to do with your starting post? You can do this :roll: all you want when explaining to me :D

You are too impatient :evil: . Give me time to type. :)

Querida
3rd December 2004, 02:49 AM
hehe sorry :oops: posted a little faster than you could explain :D but anyways what has happened now? Have the companies split? Do the shareholders have any insurance or protection concerning their shares?

mellon
3rd December 2004, 02:55 AM
Removed since it sounded like a bad joke

Querida
3rd December 2004, 03:01 AM
why what's wrong...i didn't see any swearing or any joking...seriously it's true i didn't wait....that's ONE point towards Shekhar and gurls fingers as fast as their tongues are :P

mellon
3rd December 2004, 06:03 AM
why what's wrong...i didn't see any swearing or any joking...seriously it's true i didn't wait....that's ONE point towards Shekhar and gurls fingers as fast as their tongues are :P

Easy, Q, It was just meant to be a joke

Querida
3rd December 2004, 06:16 AM
i dont know mellon...i dont ever mean to at all....but i'd like to think that it is always my closest friends names i had the hardest time to get right....so hopefully you won't see me as a bumbling nuisance that seems to always get on your case...when i saw :roll: i thought sarcasm or scorn rather than joking...sorry Mellon : :oops: ...even yesterday with your post on Jesus..truly i was just playing along...i had no idea with your reply back whether you were making a general statement or that i had offended you.... :oops: :(

mellon
3rd December 2004, 06:38 AM
i dont know mellon...i dont ever mean to at all....but i'd like to think that it is always my closest friends names i had the hardest time to get right....so hopefully you won't see me as a bumbling nuisance that seems to always get on your case...when i saw :roll: i thought sarcasm or scorn rather than joking...sorry Mellon : :oops: ...even yesterday with your post on Jesus..truly i was just playing along...i had no idea with your reply back whether you were making a general statement or that i had offended you.... :oops: :(

Easy, please? :) :) :) :) :) :)

Sandeep
3rd December 2004, 06:27 PM
hehe sorry :oops: posted a little faster than you could explain :D but anyways what has happened now? Have the companies split? Do the shareholders have any insurance or protection concerning their shares?

It looks like the elder brother will limit the control of younger brother as the elder brother has more support in business cycles. I dont thnk there will be a split and also ultimately the shares will bounce back (It has already stared).

But if you see the topic it is not about the "Reliance Controversy". It is about "Every Indian Family", our families. "Reliance Controversy" is just one example of that.

Sandeep
3rd December 2004, 06:32 PM
Actually what prompted me to start this topic was a discussio in our office about this. Where every Indian seemed to understand the emotions involved and every one had a similar example in their family or friends. But the americans where more like what the big deal. Their questions where like "Who has more share ?", "Who gets amount if there is a divorse". Where as Indian where like "What is their mothers possition?", "Who is she supporting?"