viggop
2nd March 2006, 06:33 PM
Arthi
I dont know the answer for your doubt

viggop
2nd March 2006, 06:35 PM
gopyo labdhvAcyutam kAntam Sriya ekAnta vallabham
gRuhIta kaNThya: tat dorbhyAm gAyantya: tam vijahrire 10.33.15

(Having attained Lord Acyta as their dear most, the consort of the goddess of fortune, the gopis were extremely happy. They sang His glories as He held their necks with His arms.)

karNotpalAlaka viTanka kapola gharma vaktra Sriyo valaya nUpura ghoSha vAdyai:
gopya: samam bhagavatA nanRutu: sva keSa srasta srajo bhramara gAyaka rAsa goShThyAm 10.33.16

(Enhancing the beauty of the gopis' faces were the lotus flowers behind their ears, the curly locks of hair decorating their cheeks, and drops of perspiration. The jingling of their armlets and ankle bells made a sweet sound and it seemed as if there were musical instruments making those sounds. Thus the gopis danced with the Supreme Lord as swarms of bees sang in accompaniment.)

evam pariShvanga karAbhimarSa snigdha IkShana uddAma vilAsa hAsai:
reme rameSo vraja sundarIbhir yathArbhaka: svapratibimba vibhrama: 10.33.17

(In this way Lord Krishna, who is none other than Lord Narayana, master of the goddess of fortune, enjoyed in the company of his gopis. He embraced them, touched them and glanced lovingly at them. It was just as if an infant were playing with his own reflection. We are nothing but, HIS copy. Oh! kRushNa if only we can understand your drama! If only we can understand the meaning of sAdhUs smile! All we understand is it delights us.)

tat anga sanga pramudAkulendriyA: keSAn dukUlam kuca paTTikAm vA
nAnja: prativyoDhum alam vraja striyo visrasta mAlAbharaNA: kurUdvaha 10.33.18

(The gopis were overwhelmed with the joy of being in close proximity with their master. They did not even realize as their hair, their dresses and the cloths became disheveled. Their garlands and ornaments scattered but they did not care about it. They did not even realise as they have merged with the Lord.)

kRuShNa vikrIditam vIkShya mumuhu: khe cara striya:
kAmArditA: SaSAnkaSca sagaNo vismito abhavat 10.33.19

(The wives of the Devas who were observing Krishna's playful activities from the skies above in their planes, were entranced and found themselves helplessly attracted towards the Lord. Indeed, even the moon and the stars became bewildered as they watched the divine rasa.)

tAsAm ati vihAreNa SrAntAnAm vadanAni sa:
prAmRujat karuNa: premNA SantamenAnga pANinA 10.33.21

(Seeing that the gopis were fatigued from all this dancing and singing, merciful Krishna lovingly wiped their faces with His comforting hand. Oh! kRushNa at the end, that is what we all crave for. A kRupa filled look and touch from you.)

viggop
2nd March 2006, 06:37 PM
[tscii:2cc1a10ea0]gopyah sphurat puraTa kuNDala kuntala tviD gaNDa SriyA sudhita hAsa nirIkshaNena
mAnam dadhatya Rushabhasya jagu: kRutAni puNyAni tat kara ruha sparSa pramodA: 10.33.22

(The gopis honored their master with smiling glances. Their beauty was further sweetened by the radiance of their curly locks and glittering golden earrings. Overjoyed from the touch of His fingernails, they chanted the glories of His various lila’s.)

tAbhir yuta: Sramam apohitum anga sanga ghRushTa sraja: sa kuca kunkuma ranjitAyA:
gandharva pAlibhir anudruta AviSad vA: SrAnto gajIbhir ibharAdiva bhinna setu: 10.33.23

(Their garlands had been crushed during the rasa dance and colored by the kunkuma powder on their bodies. To dispel the fatigue of the gopis, Krishna entered the water of the Yamuna, followed swiftly by bees who were singing like the best of the Gandharvas. He appeared like a lordly elephant entering the water to relax in the company of his consorts. In the presence of the Lord nothing else is significant and just as a powerful elephant might break the in a paddy field, he entered for water sporting.)

so ambhasi alam yuvatibhi: parishicyamAna: premNekshita: prahasatIbhir itastato anga
vaimAnikai: kusuma varshibhir IDyamAno reme svayam sva ratir atra gajendra lIla: 10.33.24

(In the water, Krishna found Himself being splashed on all sides by the laughing gopis, who looked at Him with love. As the Devas observing this divine lila worshiped Him by showering flowers from their airplanes, the Lord took pleasure in playing like the king of the elephants.
Its note worthy that Sree Sukar uses the words svayam svarati: to point out that even though it might seem that Krishna was enjoying himself and providing joy to gopis, the reality is that Krishna does not need anything external for his joy. He is always content and does not depend on anything for his contentment. All His lIlas are for the delight of His devotees.)

tataS ca kRushNa upavane jala sthala prasUna gandhAnila jushTa diktaTe
cacAra bhRunga pramadA ganAvRuto yathA madacyud dvirada: kareNubhi: 10.33.25

(Then the Lord strolled through a small section of forest on the banks of the river Yamuna. This forest was filled with gentle breezes carrying the fragrances of all the flowers growing on the land and in the water. Followed by His entourage of bees and beautiful gopis, Lord Krishna appeared like an intoxicated elephant with His she-elephants.)

evam SaSAnkAmSu virAjitA niSA: sa satya kAmo anuratAbalA gaNa:
sisheva Atmani avaruddha saurata: sarvA: Sarat kAvya kathA rasASrayA: 10.33.26

(Thus Lord Krishna to whom the gopis were deeply attached to enjoyed the great rasa dance. He enjoyed those moonlit autumn nights (as described in various poetic works) with His devotees.) [/tscii:2cc1a10ea0]

viggop
2nd March 2006, 06:39 PM
samsthApanAya dharmasya praSamAyetarasya ca
avatIrNo hi bhagavAn amSena jagad ISvara: 10.33.27

(Maharaj Parikchit said: O rishi, the Lord Krishna, the master of the entire universe, has descended to this earth to destroy adharma and reestablish righteous and dharma.)

sa katham dharma setUnAm vaktA kartA abhirakshitA
pratIpam Acarad brahman para dArAbhimarSanam 10.33.28

(Indeed, He is the original creator, follower and guardian of dharma. How, then, could He have violated them by touching other men's wives?)

Apta kAmo yadu pati: kRutavAn vai jugupsitam
Kim abhiprAya etan na: SamSayam chindhi suvrata 10.33.29

(O upholder of vows (Sree Sukar), please remove all our doubt by explaining to us with what purpose the Lord Krishna (who needs nothing external for happiness and is always content and the leader among Yadus) had in mind when He behaved in this unacceptable manner.)

dharma vyatikramo drishTha ISvarANAm ca sAhasamtejIyasAm na doshAya vahne: sarva bhujo yathA 10.33.30

(Sree Sukar replied: The status of Lord is not harmed by any apparent transgression of dharma as we might see in them, for they are just like fire, which devours everything fed into it and yet remains unpolluted.)

naitat samAcaret jAtu manasApi hy anISvara:
vinaSyati Acaran maudhyAd yathArudro abdhi jam viSham 10.33.31

(One who is not as great as Lord Krishna should never try to imitate these, not even mentally. If out of foolishness an ordinary person does imitate such behavior, he will simply destroy himself, just as a person who is not Rudra would destroy himself if he tried to drink the poison that came out of the ocean. For one who has reached that level, absolute freedom from "I am the doer" makes him/her unique.)

ISvarANAm vaca: satyam tathA eva Acaritam kvacit
teshAm yat sva vaco yuktam buddhimAn tat samAcaret 10.33.32

(Whatever words uttered by the Lord are always true. Therefore one who is intelligent should carry out their instructions.)

viggop
9th March 2006, 10:51 AM
[tscii:cc8c9d713c]Oh! kRushNa what can we do but to be part of your lIla and enjoy it always. Always give us the strength to take it as you are nothing but 'saccidAnandam'

kuSala Acaritena eshAm iha svArtho na vidyate
viparyayeNa vA anartho nirahankAriNAm prabho 10.33.33

(My dear King, when these great persons (such as true followers of the lord and great sages etc) who are free from all ego act (virtuously since all their actions are always for the benefit of this world) in this world, they have no selfish motives to fulfill, and even when they act in apparent contradiction to the dharma, there is no sin attached to their actions. Whatever they do will end up in good. It is the ego and the ownership that leads to disaster.)

kim uta akhila sattvAnAm tiryan martya divaukasAm
ISitu: ceSitavyAnAm kuSala akuSalAnvaya: 10.33.34

(If this is case for the devotees of the Lord, how, then, could the Lord of all created beings - animals, men and gods – be affected by the virtue or sin?)

yat pAda pankaja parAga nisheva tRuptA yoga prabhAva vidhuta akhila karma bandhA:
svairam caranti munayo api na nahyamAnAs tasya icchayAtta vapusha: kuta eva bandha: 10.33.35

(Those devotees who are fully satisfied by serving the dust from His Lotus-feet find all their bondage to karma washed away. Similarly nor are those sages bound by karma who have freed themselves from this through intense practice of Yoga. If so how could there be any question of bondage for the Lord Himself, who assumes His various forms according to His own free will?)

gopInAm tat patInAm ca sarveshAm eva dehinAm
yo antaS carati so adhyaksha: krIdaneneha deha bhAk 10.33.36

(It is He who lives as the eternal witness within the gopis as well as their husbands. In fact He’s within all living beings and assumed the form of Krishna only for the good of this world and so that we could enjoy his lilas’. kRushNa doing lIla with kRushNAs.)

anugrahAya bhUtAnAm mAnusham deham Asthitah
bhajate tAdRuSI: krIda yA: SrutvA tat paro bhavet 10.33.37

(Lord assumes a human-like body only to shower mercy on His devotees, He engages in such lilas so that it attract those who hear about them to become dedicated to Him.)

vikrIditam vraja vadhUbhir idam ca viShNo: SraddhAnvito anuSRuNuyAd atha varNayed ya:
bhaktim parAm bhagavati pratilabhya kAmam hRud rogam ASu apahinoti acireNa dhIra: 10.33.40

(Anyone with full of reverence hears or describes the Lord's playful rasa lila with the gopis of Vrindavana will be blessed with Lord's supreme devotion. He will quickly be a master his own self and conquer lust (the most dreadful disease of the heart) and desire which leads physical heart disease.)

With praNAms offer this rAsalIla at the lotus of feet of the LORD and GURUS - with the prayer "please keep us all away from the 'heart disease', clean it and dwell in it." [/tscii:cc8c9d713c]

viggop
9th March 2006, 11:04 AM
[tscii:967b2e4836]Sree Sukar said: One day the cowherd men, decided to go a pilgrimage and visit the Lord Shiva’s temple. Therefore they traveled by bullock carts to the Ambika forest.

tatra snAtvA sarasvatyAm devam paSu patim vibhum
Anarcu: arhaNair bhaktyA devIm ca NRupate ambikAm 10.34.2

(Upon arriving there, they bathed in the holy Sarasvati river and then worshiped Lord Pashupati and his consort, goddess Ambika.
Nanda, Sunanda and the other gopa’s spent that night on the bank of the Sarasvati, strictly observing their vows. They fasted, taking only water. They did all the dAnam and other rituals.)

kaScin mahAn ahi: tasmin vipine ati bubhukshita:
yadRucchayAgato nandam SayAnam ura go agrasIt 10.34.5

(During the night a huge and extremely hungry snake appeared in that
forest. It pounced upon the sleeping Nanda gopa, and began swallowing him.)

sa cukroSAhinA grasta: kRushNa kRushNa mahAn ayam
sarpo mAm grasate tAta prapannam parimocaya 10.34.6

(In the clutches of the snake, Nanda Gopa cried out, "Krishna, Krishna, my dear son! This huge serpent is swallowing me! Please save me – the one who completely surrendered to you.!")

tasya cAkranditam SrutvA gopAlA: sahasotthitA:
grastam ca dRushTvA vibhrAntA: sarpam vivyadhur ulmukai: 10.34.7

(When the other gopas’ heard the cries of Nanda, they immediately woke up and realized that he was being swallowed by a huge snake. Distraught, they started to beat the serpent with blazing torches. Out of desparation, they tried their level left insteadof total surrender.
But even though the firebrands were burning it, the serpent would not release Nanda gopa. At that instance the Supreme Lord Krishna the saviour of His devotees, came to the spot and touched the snake with His foot.)

sa vai bhagavata: SrImat pAda sparSa hatASubha:
bheje sarpa vapur hitvA rUpam vidyAdharArcitam 10.34.9

(As soon as the Lord Krishna touched the snake with his divine feet all the sins were wiped clean. It gave up its serpent body and appeared in the form of a Vidyadhara.
This vidyadhara looked absolutely splendid and he stood there with his head bowed down before the lord. Lord Krishna then asked him “My dear one, who are you? And who forced you to assume this terrible body of a snake?”)

RushIn virUpAngirasa: prAhasam rUpa darpita:
tair imAm prApito yonim pralabdhai: svena pApmanA 10.34.13

(The serpent replied: I am the Vidyadhara named Sudarshana. I was very rich and beautiful, and I used to wander freely in all directions in my airplane. Once I saw some sages from of the lineage of Angira Muni. Proud of my beauty, I ridiculed them, and because of my sin they made me assume this form.)

SApo me anugrahAyaiva kRutas tai: karuNAtmabhi:
yad aham loka guruNA padA spRushTo hatASubha: 10.34.14

(It was actually for my benefit that those merciful sages cursed me, since now I have been blessed by the touch of His foot - the supreme spiritual master of all the worlds. I am thus been rid of all my sins.)

ajnAna sAgarattil ASrayamillAte alayunnU jnAn sarveSa
Apat bAndhavA ASrita rakshakA ambuja nayanA aruLuka nI
SarNam SaraNam lokeSa SaraNam SaraNam mama nAthA
saraNam SaraNam rAdheSa SaraNam SaraNam gopISa

Oh! SarveSa, in the ocean of ignorance, I am roaming without any help,
You are the protector of suffering, You are the savior of those who take refuge in you, oh! Lotus eyed one, with your bright big eyes, please bless me. I surrender to you.[/tscii:967b2e4836]

viggop
9th March 2006, 11:12 AM
vAsudeva tava bhAsamAnam iha rAsakeLi rasa sourabham
dUratoapi khalu nAradA gaditam Akalayya kutukAkulA
vesha bhUshaNa vilAsapeSala vilAsinI Sata samAvRutA
nAkato yugapat AgatA viyati vegatoatha sura maNDalI N 69.3

(Oh! vAsudevA, nAradA was beautifully narrating the magnificiant, captivating charm of the rAsam. Hearing this from far away, anchored by the rAsam, Devas and DevIs all lined up in the sky to witness the divine dance of the Lord. The Lord was surrounded by the most beautiful and divine GopIs who were experts in dressing, using jewels, attractive movements.)

veNu nAda kRuta tAnadAna kala gAna rAga gati yojanA
lobhanIya mRudu pAda pAta kRuta tAla meLana manoharam
pANi sankvaNita kankaNam ca muhu: amsa lambita karAmbujam
SroNi bimba calat ambaram bhajata rAsakeli rasa Dambaram N.69.4

(Oh! kRushNa how sweet! Through the flute the flow of lovely music. To go with it, tender beats form your feet - what a beauty! The jingling sound from their bangles adds more to that. Oh! kRushNa, often putting hands on each others shoulder made a nice color pattern. The gopIs were in ecstacy and they did not even notice that their dresses were falling. They were enjoying brahmAnandam with the 'pUrNam brahma sanAtanam'.)

spardhayA viracita anugAna kRUta tAratAra madhura sware
narttanetha lalitAnga hAra luLitANga hAra maNi bhUshaNe
sammadena kRuta pushpa varsham alam unmishat divishatAm kulam
cinmaye twayi nilIyamAnam iva sammumoha savadhUkulam N.69.5

(Oh! kRushNa, it looked as if they were competing to see whose song is the best, whose dance is the best etc. Forgetting themselves, GopIs were dancing in ecstacy and their garlands and jewels got misplaced. Devas and their Devis who were showering flower from above, stood their with their eyes wide open. It looked as if they were in trance and under some spell. Oh! kRushNa, may mind stay in that form for ever.)

viggop
9th March 2006, 11:14 AM
[tscii:7709e83ae0]tam tvAham bhava bhItAnAm prapannAnAm bhayApaham
ApRucche SApa nirmukta: pAda sparSAt amIva han 10.34.15

(Vidyadhara continued: My Lord, You destroy all fear for those who take shelter onto You. By the touch of Your feet I am now freed from the curse of the sages. O destroyer of all sorrows, please let me return to my world.)

prapanno asmi mahA yogin mahA purusha sat pate
anujAnIhi mAm deva sarva lokeSvareSvara 10.34.16

(O maha Yogi, O maha purusha, O Lord of the devotees, I surrender onto You. Please command me as You will, O supreme God, Lord of all lords.)

brahma dandAt vimukto aham sadya: te acyuta darSanAt
yan nAma gRuhNann akhilAn SrotRun AtmAnam eva ca
sadya: punAti kim bhUya: tasya spRuShTa: padA hi te 10.34.17

(O Lord, I was immediately freed from the brahma danda simply by seeing You. Anyone who chants Your name purifies all who hear his chanting, as well as himself. How much more beneficial, then, is the touch of Your lotus feet?)

niSAmya kRushNasya tat Atma vaibhavam vrajaukaso vismita cetasa: tata:
samApya tasmin niyamam punar vrajan nRupAyayu: tat kathayanta AdRutA: 10.34.19

(Vidyadhara returned back to his world after receiving the permission from Lord Krishna. The inhabitants of Vraja were astonished to see the mighty power of Lord Krishna. They then completed their worship of Lord Shiva and returned to Vraja, along the way described His lila’s to anyone who would listen.)

upagIyamAnau lalitam strI janair baddha sauhRudai:
su alankRutAnuliptAngau sragvinau virajo ambarau 10.34.21

(One day Lord Krishna and his elder brother Balrama were playing in the forest at night with other gopis. Krishna and Balarama wore flower garlands and spotless garments, and Their limbs were beautifully decorated and anointed. Meanwhile gopis sang Their glories.)

jagatu: sarva bhUtAnAm mana: SravaNa mangalam
tau kalpayantau yugapat svara maNdala mUrcchitam 10.34.23

(Krishna and Balarama sang beautifully about the nightfall. Their singing brought great happiness to the ears and minds of all living beings.)
[/tscii:7709e83ae0]

viggop
17th March 2006, 01:01 PM
swinnasanna tanu vallarI tadanu kApi nAma paSupAnganA
kANtamamsam avalambate sma tava tAnti bhAra mukuLekshNA
kAcit Acalita kuntaLA navapaTIra sAra ghana sourabham
vancanena tava sancu cumba bhujam ancitoru pulakAnkurA N 69.6

(One Gopi who was of reasonable size, was too tired and seating. She was so tired that her eyelids drooped. and she rested on your shoulder kRushNa. (Whereelse can we find a support? Anything else will collapse!)
Anoterh gOpi whose hair locks got loosened pretended that she is taking rest and kissed your hand that has the everlastign sandalwood smell. This made her hair stand. Brahma sparSam.)

viggop
17th March 2006, 01:03 PM
[tscii:d7ea430a59]evam vikrIdato: svairam gAyato: sampramatta vat
SankhacUda iti khyAto dhanadAnucaro abhyagAt 10.34.25

(While Lord Krishna and Lord Balarama thus played and sang to the point of apparent intoxication, a servant of Kubera named Shankhacuda came upon the scene.)

kroSantam kRushNa rAmeti vilokya sva parigraham
yathA gA dasyunA grastA bhrAtarAu anvadhAvatAm 10.34.27

(O King, even as they looked on, Shankhacuda brazenly began driving the gopis off. The same gopis, who had accepted Krishna as their Lord, began to cry out to Them. Hearing Their devotees crying out "O Krishna! O Rama!". Lord Krishna could not bear to see his devotees being distressed by this wicked demon, Krishna and Balarama began to run after the demon.

mA bhaishTety abhayArAvau SAla hastau tarasvinau
Asedatus tam tarasA tvaritam guhyakAdhamam 10.34.28

(They called out in reply, "Do not fear! "Then they picked up logs of the shala tree and quickly pursued demon who was trying to escape by running away very swiftly.)

sa vIkshya tAv anuprAptau kAla mRutyU ivodvijan
viSRujya strI janam mUdha: prAdravaj jIvitecchayA 10.34.29

(When Sankhacuda saw the two of Them coming toward him like the personified forces of Time and Death, he was filled with anxiety. Confused, he abandoned the women and fled for his own dear life.)

tam anvadhAvad govindo yatra yatra sa dhAvati
jihIrshus tat Siro ratnam tasthau rakshan Striyo bala: 10.34.30

(Lord Govinda chased the demon wherever he ran and decided to take his jewel that the demon wore upon his head. Meanwhile Lord Balarama stayed with the women to protect them.)

avidUra ivAbhyetya Siras tasya durAtmana:
jahAra muShTinaivAnga saha cUDa maNim vibhu: 10.34.31

(The mighty Lord quickly caught up with SankhacUDa and then with His fist the Lord removed the wicked demon's head, together with his jewel.)

SankhacUDam nihatyaivam maNim AdAya bhAsvaram
agrajAyAdadAt prItyA paSyantInAm ca yoShitAm 10.34.32

(Having thus killed the demon ShankhacUDa and taken away his shining jewel, Lord Krishna gave it to His elder brother while gopis watched on with great joy yet another of his lila’s.) [/tscii:d7ea430a59]

viggop
17th March 2006, 01:07 PM
[tscii:eb3a0ca8ae]Ready to sing with GopikAs again? May be a bit early to sing. But, gopIs sing when they cry, when they gossip about kRushNa! It shows how much they miss their LORD. That way we join them too.

gopya: kRushNe vanam yAte tam anudruta cetasa:
kRushNa lIlA: pragAyantyo ninyur duhkhena vAsarAn 10.35.1

(Sree Sukar continued: Whenever Krishna went to the forest, during day time, the minds of the gopis would run after Him. They have to wait for the whole day to hear that call of flute, to see that nIlamegha SyAmalan! But, no problem -The unbearable sad hours spent worthwhile by singing His lilas’ and thinking about Him.)

Here is what they sung.

vAma bAhu kRuta vAma kapolo valgita bhru: adharArpita veNum
komalAngulibhir ASrita mArgam gopya Irayati yatra mukunda: 10.35.2

(Here the gopis’ give a wonderful description of Lord Krishna as He is playing on His flute. May this tribhangi muralI dharan stay in our heart always.
The gopis cried out: When our Lord Mukunda plays on the flute He places His lips on it, and blocks its holes with His tender fingers. He rests His left cheek on His left arm and makes His eyebrows dance. This is the net product of yoga - mind always united with LORD, thoughts always with HIM, all the deeds ONLY FOR HIM.)

vyoma yAna vanitA: saha siddhai: vismitA: tat upadhArya salajjA:
kAma mArgaNa samarpita cittA: kaSmalam yayur apasmRuta nIvya: 10.35.3

(Krishna looks so charming and attractive that even the DevIs traveling in the sky with their husbands are helplessly drawn towards Krishna. As those ladies listen, they are embarrassed to find their minds are being drawn towards Krishna. They are so caught up in this that they are completely unaware that the belts of their garments are loosening.)

hanta citram abalA: SRuNutedam hAra hAsa urasi sthira vidyut
nanda sUnur ayam Arta janAnAm narmado yarhi kUjita veNu: 10.35.4

(O dear gopIs! This son of Nanda, who gives joy to the distressed, carries lightning on His chest. His smile is reflected in the necklace. When he plays on his flute it provides joy to everyone.)

vRundaSo vraja vRushA mRuga gAvo veNu vAdya hRuta cetasa ArAt
danta dashTa kavalA dhRuta karNA nidritA likhita citram ivAsan 10.35.5

(When He plays on His flute, all the bulls, deer and cows in Vraja, are all captivated by the sweet sound, and they stop chewing the food in their mouths and hold their ears up. Stunned, they appear as if asleep, or like figures in a painting.)

barhiNa stabaka dhAtu palASai: baddha malla paribarha viDamba:
karhicit sa bala Ali sa gopair gA: samAhvayati yatra mukunda: 10.35.6

(Dear gopis, sometimes Lord Mukunda imitates the appearance of a wrestler by decorating Himself with leaves, peacock feathers and leaves. Then, in the company of Balarama and other gopas’, He plays His flute to call the cows.)

tarhi bhagna gataya: sarito vai tat padAmbuja rajo anila nItam
spRuhayatIr vayam iva abahu puNyA: prema vepita bhujA: stimitApa: 10.35.7

(Upon hearing this melodious and enchanting tune the rivers stop flowing, their water stunned by the ecstasy wait eagerly for the wind to bring them the dust of His lotus feet. But like us, the rivers are not very pious, and thus they merely wait with their arms trembling out of love. Finally they found a company who are crying like them. SO far they were remembering the lucky ones who were enjoying kRushNa and hisf lute while they were missing it.)

anucarai: samanuvarNita vIrya Adi pUrusha iva acala bhUti:
vanacaro giri tatheshu carantI: venunAhvayati gA: sa yadA hi 10.35.8

(Krishna moves about the forest in the company of His friends as they chant the glories of His magnificent lilas. It appears as if adi-purusha himself has bore down upon the forest for such is the majesty and opulence of our Krishna. When the cows wander away Krishna simply calls out to them with the sound of His flute.)

vana latAs tarava Atmani vishNum vyanjayantya iva pushpa phalAdhyA:
praNata bhAra viTapA madhu dhArA: prema hRushTa tanavo vavRushu: sma 10.35.9

(Upon hearing the melodious tunes from Krishna’s flute trees and creepers in the forest respond by becoming filled with delicious fruits and beautiful flowers. As their branches bend low with the weight, the filaments on their trunks and vines stand erect out of the ecstasy of love of God..)

darSanIya tilako vana mAlA divya gandha tulasI madhu mattai:
ali kulair alaghu gItAm abhIshTam Adriyan yarhi sandhita veNu: 10.35.10

(Maddened by the divine, honey-like aroma of the tulasi flowers on the garland Krishna wears, swarms of bees sing loudly for Him, and that most beautiful of all persons acknowledges and acclaims their song by taking His flute to His lips and playing it.)

sarasi sArasa hamsa vihangA: cAru gItA hRuta cetasa etya
harim upAsata te yata cittA hanta mIlita dRuSo dhRuta maunA: 10.35.11

(The charming flute song then steals away the minds of the cranes, swans and other birds. As they approach Krishna, they close their eyes and, remain totally quite and still. They seem to worship Him by fixing all their thoughts upon Him in deep meditation.)

saha bala: srag avatamsa vilAsa: sAnushu kshiti bhRuto vraja devya:
harshayan yarhi veNu raveNa jAta harsha uparambhati viSvam 10.35.12

(O dear gopIs, when Krishna is enjoying Himself with Balarama on the mountain slopes, wearing a wonderful flower garland on His head and ears playing his flute, it creates such joyful vibrations that everyone is filled with joy and forget their sorrows.

mahat atikramaNa Sankita cetA manda mandam anugarjati megha:
suhRudam abhyavarshat sumanobhi: chAyayA ca vidadhat pratapatram 10.35.13

(At that time the nearby cloud, afraid of offending Lord Krishna, thunders very gently in accompaniment. The cloud showered as if pouring flowers onto his dear Lord Krishna and sheltered Him from the sun like an umbrella.)
[/tscii:eb3a0ca8ae]

viggop
17th March 2006, 01:11 PM
Vividha gopa caraNeshu vidagdho veNuvAdya urudhA nijaSikshA:
tava suta: sati yadAdharabimbe data veNur anayat svara jAtI: 10.35.14

(O mother Yashoda, your son, who is expert in all the arts of herding cows, has invented many new styles of flute-playing. When He place His flute on to His red lips ( as red as the Bimba fruit) He produces wonder melodies. O mother! This is wonder! self taught art.)

savanaSa: tat upadhArya sureSA: Sakra Sarva parameshThi purogA:
kavaya Anata kandhara cittA: kaSmalam yayur aniScita tattvA: 10.35.15

(Lord Brahma, Lord Shiva, Lord Indra and other gods listen to this divine music again and again with their necks and minds inclined (towards the direction where the music is coming from) and yet they are not able to penetrate into the subtleties. Although they are the most learned authorities, they cannot ascertain the essence of that music and became confused. They were trying to guess the rAgAs and failed, it looks.)

nija padAbja dalair dhvaja vajra nIrajAnkuSa vicitra lalAmai:
vraja bhuva: Samayan khuratodam varShma dhurya gatir Idita veNu: 10.35.16

(As Krishna strolls through Vraja with His lotus-petal-like feet, marking the ground with the distinctive emblems of flag, thunderbolt, lotus and elephant goad, He relieves the distress the ground feels from the cows' hooves. As He plays His flute, His body moves majestically with the grace of an elephant.)

vrajati tena vayam savilAsa vIkshaNArpita manobhava vegA:
kuja gatim gamitA na vidAma: kaSmalena kabaram vasanam vA 10.35.17

(Thus we gopis, who become so filled with love that when Krishna playfully glances at us, we lose ourselves into Him and stand as still as trees. In fact we are no longer aware of our hair and or even our garments.)

maNi dhara: kvacit AgaNayan gA mAlayA dayita gandha tulasyA:
praNayino anucarasya kadAmse prakshipan bhujam agAyata yatra 10.35.18

(Now Krishna is standing somewhere counting His cows on a string of beads (of various colors). He wears a garland of tulasi flowers fragrance of which is so dear to Him. He has thrown His arm over the shoulder of a loving gopa and singing on His flute.)

viggop
17th March 2006, 01:13 PM
[tscii:4ba7dff23a]kvaNita veNu rava vancita cittA: kRushNam anvasata kRushNa gRuhiNya:
guNa gaNArNam anugatya hariNyo gopikA iva vimukta gRuhASA: 10.35.19

(As Krishna plays His flute and sings, the music attracts female deers’, who approach Him and sit down beside Him. Just like the gopIs, they have given up all desires for happiness in family life.)

kunda dAma kRuta kautuka vesho gopa godhana vRuto yamunAyAm
nanda sUnur anaghe tava vatso narmada: praNayiNAm vijahAra 10.35.20

(O sinless Yashoda, your son as well as the son of Nanda gopa, looks even more wonderful by wearing a beautiful jasmine garland. He is now playing along the banks of Yamuna in the company of the cows and other gopa boys.)

manda vAyur upavAti anakUlam mAnayan malayaja sparSena
vandinas tam upadeva gaNA ye vAdya gIta balibhi: parivavru: 10.35.21

(The gentle breeze honors Him with its soothing fragrance of sandalwood, while the various Upadevas, standing on all offer their music, singing and gifts of tribute.)

vatsalo vraja gavAm yad agadhro vandyamAna caraNa: pathi vRuddhai:
kRutsna go dhanam upohya dinAnte gIta veNur anugedita kIrti: 10.35.22

(Our Krishna has great love for the cows of Vraja and he even lifted the Govardhana Mountain to protect them. At the end of the day, having rounded up all His own cows, He plays a song on His flute, while the gods standing along the path worship His lotus feet and the gopa boys accompanying Him chant His glories.)

utsavam Srama rucApi dRuSInAm unnayan khura rajas churita srak
ditsayaiti suhRud Asisha eSha devakI jaThara bhUr udu rAja: 10.35.23

(His garland is powdered by the dust raised by the cows' hooves, and His beauty, further enhanced by His fatigue. The very sight of Krishna causes all sorrow to be dispelled. It seems that Krishna is just like the moon who has arisen from mother Yashoda’s womb only to fulfill his devotees wishes.) [/tscii:4ba7dff23a]

viggop
21st March 2006, 11:10 AM
[tscii:1511d8c982]mada vighUrNita locana Ishat mAna da: sva suhRudAm vanamAlI
badara pAndu vadano mRudu gaNDam maNDayan kanaka kuNDala lakshmyA 10.35.24

(As Krishna respectfully greets His well-wishing friends, His eyes roll slightly as if He's slightly intoxicated! He wears a flower garland, and the beauty of His soft cheeks is accentuated by the brilliance of His golden earrings and the whiteness of His face, which has the color of a badara berry.)

yadu pati: dvirada rAja vihAro yAminI pati: iva esha dinAnte
mudita vaktra upayAti durantam mocayan vraja gavAm dina tApam 10.35.25

(With His cheerful face resembling the moon, lord of the night, the Lord of the Yadus moves with the grace of an regal elephant. Thus He returns in the evening, delivering the cows of Vraja from the heat of the day.)

evam vraja striyo rAjan kRushNa lIlAnugAyatI:
remire ahahsu tat cittAs tan manaskA mahodayA: 10.35.26

(Sree Sukar said: O King Pariksit, thus during the daytime the women of Vrindavana took pleasure in constantly singing about the various lilas’ of Krishna. Their minds and hearts, were always absorbed in Him, were filled with great joy. This concludes teh YugaLa gItam.)

atha tarhi Agato goshTham arishTo vRushabhAsura:
mahIm mahA kakut kAya: kampayan khura vikshatAm 10.36.1

(Sree Sukar continued: One day demon named Arishtha came to the cowherd village. Assuming the form of a bull with a large horns, he made the earth tremble as he tore it apart with his hooves.)

rambhamANa: kharataram padA ca vilikhan mahIm
udyamya puccham vaprANi vishANAgreNa coddharan
kincit kincit chakRun muncan mUtrayan stabdha locana: 10.36.2

(Arishthasura bellowed very harshly and scratched the ground with his powerful hoofs. With his tail raised and his eyes glaring, he began to tear up the embankments with the tips of his horns. He would also pollute the land by defecating and urinating. ) [/tscii:1511d8c982]

viggop
21st March 2006, 11:13 AM
[tscii:441e52437c]kincit kincit chakrin muncan mUtrayan stabdha locana:
yasya nirhrAditenAnga nishThureNa gavAm nRuNAm 10.36.3

(The demon polluted the land by urinating and defecating. The demon filled the entire forest with loud roars and bellows.)

patanti akAlato garbhA: sravanti sma bhayena vai
nirviSanti ghanA yasya kakudi acala SankayA 10.36.4

(The demon was so fearful that some of the pregnant woman who saw this demon were so frightened that they suffered from miscarriages. The demon’s horns was so huge that people mistook it for a mountain. It seemed that the horns rose all the way to skies and the clouds hovered around it!

tam tIkshNa SRungam udvIkshya gopyo gopAS ca tatrasu:
paSavo dudruvur bhItA rAjan santyajya gokulam 10.36.5

(The cows and humans whoever saw this demon was terrified and filled with fear. All the cows fled from gokul and ran away out of fear.)

kRushNa kRushNeti te sarve govindam SaraNam yayu:
bhagavAn api tat vIkshya gokulam bhaya vidrutam 10.36.6

(All the inhabitants rushed to Lord Govinda for shelter, crying, "Krishna, Krishna!" The Supreme Lord saw that the entire community was filled with distraught and fleeing in fear.)

baladarpahAham dushTAnAm tvadvidhAnAm durAtmanAm
iti AsphotyAcyuto arishTam tala Sabdena kopayan 10.36.8

(Lord Krishna then shouted out to the demon as follows: “You fool! What do you think you're doing, you wicked demon, frightening my devotees and their animals when I am here just to punish evil people like you!” Having spoken these words, the Supreme Lord Hari slapped His arms with His palms, further angering Arishtha with the loud sound.)

sakhyur amse bhujAbhogam prasAryAvasthito hari:
so api evam kopito arishTah khureNAvanim ullikhan
udyat puccha bhraman megha: kruddha: kRuShNam upAdravat 10.36.9

(The Lord then casually threw His mighty arm over the shoulder of another gopa and stood facing the demon. Thus provoked, ArishTa pawed the ground with one of his hooves and then furiously charged Krishna.)
[/tscii:441e52437c]

viggop
21st March 2006, 11:14 AM
[tscii:00c27963c4]gRuhItvA SRungayos tam vA ashTAdaSa padAni sa:
pratyapovAha bhagavAn gaja: pratigajam yathA 10.36.11

(The Lord Krishna then seized the demon Arishthasura by the horns and threw him back eighteen steps. It seemed that two huge elephants were fighting one another. Now we see the reverse. .)

tam Apatantam sa nigRuhya SRungayo: padA samAkramya nipAtya bhUtale
nishpIDayAmAsa yathA Ardram ambaram kRutvA vishANena jaghAna so apatat 10.36.13

(The bull demon got up and, breathing hard and sweating all over his body, again charged Lord Krishna in a mindless rage. As Arishthasura attacked, Lord Krishna seized him by the horns and knocked him to the ground with His foot. The Lord then thrashed him as if he were a wet cloth, and finally He yanked out one of the demon's horns and struck him with it.)

asRug vaman mUtra SakRut samutsRujan kshipan ca pAdAn anavasthita IshaNa:
jagAma kRucchram nirRute: atha kshayam puShpai: kiranto harim IDire surA: 10.36.14

(Vomiting blood and excreting stool and urine, kicking his legs and rolling his eyes about, ArishTasura thus died a painful death. The gods honored Lord Krishna by scattering flowers upon Him.)

evam kukudminam hatvA stUyamAna: svajAtibhi:
viveSa goshTham sabalo gopInAm nayanotsava: 10.36.15

(Having thus killed the bull demon ArishTaa, He returned back to village with Balarama. What a feast for teh eyes of gopikAs. Each time the arrival of kRushNa brings their life back to them.)

yaSodAyA: sutAm kanyAm devakyA: kRushNam eva ca
rAmam ca rohiNI putram vasudevena bibhyatA 10.36.17

(After ArishTAsura had been killed by Krishna, Narada Muni went to speak to King Kamsa. He then addressed the King as follows.
“Yashoda's child was actually a daughter, and Krishna is in fact the eighth son of Devaki. Also, Balarama is the son of Rohini, is Vasudeva and Devaki's son too. In order to protect them, Vasudeva entrusted Krishna and Balarama to his dear friend Nanda Gopa. It is these two boys who have been killing your men.” That was enough for our dear Kamsa! He started digging his hole wider and deeper right then and there!!)

niSAtam asim Adatta vasudeva jighAmsayA
nivArito nAradena tat sutau mRutyum Atmana: 10.36.19

(Upon hearing this, the Kamsa became furious and completely lost all self control. In his blind fury he picked up a sharp sword to kill Vasudeva. But Narada muni restrained Kamsa by reminding him that it was the two sons of Vasudeva who would cause his death. Kamsa then had Vasudeva and his wife shackled in iron chains.)
[/tscii:00c27963c4]

viggop
25th March 2006, 02:34 PM
Well...... That leads to more blunders.
Unfortunately, istead of enjoying the divinity, Kamsa decided to take revenge - 'vinASa kAle viparIta buddhi' - the strongest force that will force anyone to do things that they won't even think of otherwise!

pratiyAte tu devarshau kamsa AbhAshya keSinam
preshayAmAsa hanyetAm bhavatA rAma keSavau 10.36.20

(After Narada Mharshi left, Kamsa summoned a demon named Keshi and ordered him, "Go kill Balarama and keSava. (Interesting one explanation for the name keSava as he is 'the slayer of keSava'. Kamsa usesd it very aptly!")

tato mushTika cANUra Sala toSalakAdikAn
amAtyAn hastipAmS caiva samAhUyAha bhoja rAT 10.36.21

(The King of the Bhojas next called for his ministers, headed by MushTika, CaNUra, Sala and ToSala, and also for his elephant-keepers. Kamsa addressed them as follows: )

bho bho niSamyatAm etad vIra cANUra muShTikau
nanda vraje kilAsAte sutAu Anakadundubhe: 10.36.22

(My dear Canura and Mushthika, please hear this. Balarama and Krishna, the sons of Anakadundubhi [Vasudeva], are currently living in Nanda's village in Vraja.)

rAma kRushNau tato mahyam mRutyu: kila nidarSita:
bhavadbhyAm iha samprAptau hanyetAm malla lIlayA 10.36.23

(It has been predicted that these two boys will be the cause of my death. When They are brought here, kill Them on the pretext of engaging Them in a wrestling match. What a plan? Of course our kRushNa will dance to anyone's tune to give momentary pleasure. Then will show the reality.)

mancA: kriyantAm vividhA malla ranga pariSritA:
paurA jAnapadA: sarve paSyantu svaira samyugam 10.36.24

(Erect a wrestling ring with many viewing stands, and bring forth all the residents of the city and the nearby villages to see the competition.)

viggop
25th March 2006, 02:35 PM
Radhe Krishna

Uddhava requested the Lord to explain about Bhakti yoga.

nRudeham Adyam sulabham sudurllabham
plavam sukalpam guru karNadhAram
mayA anukUlam nabhaswatA Iritam
pumAn bhavAbdhim na taret sa AtmahA 11.20.17

(Uddhava, attaining a human body, that too in total control is very rare. Along with that if one is blessed with a Guru, who is there to navigate, they are really blessed. Now the flow of air is also in the right direction, and that is me Uddhava. This is the right time to cross the samsAra sAgaram. If one misses the chance, it is equal to commiting suicide.

viggop
25th March 2006, 02:37 PM
[tscii:729682a492]mahAmAtra tvayA bhadra ranga dvAri upanIyatAm
dvipa: kuvalayApIdo jahi tena mamAhitau 10.36.25

(Kamsa then ordered his elephant keeper as follows: “Position the elephant Kuvalayapida at the entrance to the wrestling arena and have him kill my two enemies.”)

ArabhyatAm dhanur yAga: caturdaSyAm yathAvidhi
viSasantu paSUn medhyAn bhUta rAjAya mIDhushe 10.36.26“

(Commence the dhanur (bow) Yaga on the Caturdashi (14th day of the month) day and follow all the appropriates practices as prescribed in the Vedas. In ritual slaughter offer the appropriate kinds of animals to the magnanimous Lord Shiva.”)

ity AjnApyArtha tantrajna AhUya yadu pungavam
gRuhItvA pANinA pANim tato akrUram uvAca ha 10.36.27

(His ministers adviced him that the only way to get kRushNa is mathura alive is through a bhAgavata and they chose akRura to do thi sjob. They knew well that he will accomplish his mission successfully. From AkrUra's side, he was also cravign to see the lord since day 1. So, this is a blessing in idsguise. Having thus commanded his ministers, Kamsa next called for Akrura, who was a very wise man. Kamsa who was very cunning spoke to him very charmingly since he needed some work done from Akrura! Thus he took Akrura's hand in his own and spoke to him as follows.)

bho bho dAnapate mahyam kriyatAm maitram AdRuta:
nAnya: tvatto hitatamo vidyate bhoja vRushNishu 10.36.28

(“My dear Akrura, my comptroller, please do me a favor out of friendship. Among the Bhojas and Vrishnis, there is no one else who can do this to us as you.”)

ata: tvAm ASrita: saumya kArya gaurava sAdhanam
yathendro vishNum ASritya svArtham adhyagamad vibhu: 10.36.29

(“Gentle Akrura, you always carry out your duties perfectly. Therefore I come to you today, just as Indra took shelter of Lord Vishnu to achieve his goals.” AkrUra was really surprised as Kamsa was talking about Vishnu and comparing AkrUra with VishNU. Do anything to achieve the goal!)

gaccha nanda vrajam tatra sutAa Anakadundubhe:
AsAte tau ihAnena rathena Anaya mA ciram 10.36.30

(“Please go to Nanda's village, where the two sons of Vasudeva are living, and without delay bring Them here on this chariot.” This is very urgent as vasudeva and Devaki has cheated me and put mu life in danger. They are to be taken care of immediately. Order from the KING!!!)

When the time comes who can stop? Kamsa has invited trouble for himself.[/tscii:729682a492]

viggop
25th March 2006, 02:39 PM
[tscii:9f99a51cc7]Well when one is in 'kaala paaSa vaSam gata:' there is no limit for blabbering! But, Kamsa deserves no sympathies.

nisRushTa: kila me mRutyur devair vaikunTha samSrayai:
tAu Anaya samam gopair nandAdyai: sAbhyupAyanai: 10.36.31

(Kamsa continued his conversation with Akrura : “The gods, who are under the protection of Lord Vishnu, have sent these two boys as my death. Bring Them here, and also have Nanda Gopa and his men come to with my tribute.”)

ghAtayishya ihAnItau kAla kalpena hastinA
yadi muktau tato mallair ghAtaye vaidyutopamai: 10.36.32

(“After you bring Krishna and Balarama, I will have Them killed by my elephant, who is as powerful as death itself. And if by chance They escape from him, I will have Them killed by my powerful wrestlers, who are as quick as lightning.”) What a planning infront of the master planner?

tayor nihatayos taptAn vasudeva purogamAn
tad bandhUn nihanishyAmi vRushNi bhoja daSArhakAn 10.36.33

("Once my tormentors have been killed, I will kill Vasudeva and all family members - the Vrishnis, Bhojas and Dasharhas.”

ugrasenam ca pitaram sthaviram rAjya kAmukam
tat bhrAtaram devakam ca ye cAnye vidvisho mama 10.36.34

(“I will also kill my old father, Ugrasena, who seeks my kingdom, and I will kill his brother Devaka and all my other enemies as well.”)

tata: caishA mahI mitra bhavitrI nashTa kaNTakA
jarAsandho mama gurur dvivido dayita: sakhA 10.36.35

(“Once my enemies are dead I would have got rid of a major thorn which troubles me. I also have Jarasandha as my guru (a wicked father-in-law as Guru! What a disater!! Strong force acting on Kamsa) and my dear friend Dvivida by my side. I will use them to kill off those kings who are allied with the gods, and then I will rule the earth.”)

etaj jnAtvAnaya kshipram rAma kRushNAa ihArbhakau
dhanur makha nirIkshArtham drashTum yadu pura Sriyam 10.35.37

(“Now that you understand my intentions, please go at once and bring Krishna and Balarama in the pretext to watch the dhanur yaga and also to observe the opulence of Yadus’ capital city.”)

Imagine AkrUra's plight! Let us look into it soon. [/tscii:9f99a51cc7]

viggop
28th March 2006, 10:43 AM
[tscii:d1f074b001]rAjan manIshitam samyak tava svAvadya mArjanam
siddhi asiddhyo: samam kuryAd daivam hi phala sAdhanam 10.36.38

(Akrura replied back: O King Kamsa, you have indeed come up with a very intelligent plan to get rid of your troubles. However remember that one should treat both success and failure equally, since it is only God who produces the results of one's work. Yes, good advice to all of us.)

manorathAn karoti uccair jano daiva hatAn api
yujyate harsha SokAbhyAm tathApi AjnAm karomi te 10.36.39

(Akrura already knew that Kamsa’s plans were doomed from the beginning, for who can destroy Lord Krishna? Even though he detested Kamsa’s words he still advised Kamsa knowing fully well that his wise words would not be heeded. He told Kamsa “An ordinary person acts on his desires even when fate prevents their fulfillment. Therefore he encounters both happiness and distress. Yet even though such is the case, I will execute your order.” Here he gives a subtle last warning to Kamsa but it’s of course no use. For AkrUra, it is his dream to visit the Lord in BRundAvan is coming true.)

evam AdiSya cAkrUram mantriNaS ca visRujya sa:
praviveSa gRuham kamsa: tathAkrUra: svam Alayam 10.36.40

(Sree Sukar continued: Having thus instructed Akrura, Kamsa dismissed his ministers and retired to his quarters, and Akrura returned home.

keSI tu kamsa prahita: khurair mahIm mahA hayo nirjarayan mano java:
sathAvadhUtAbhra vimAna sankulam kurvan nabho heshita bhIshita akhila: 10.37.1

( Sree Sukar said: The demon Keshi who was sent by Kamsa, appeared in Vraja as a great horse. He was so quick that it appeared that he was running with the speed of the mind, he tore up the earth with his hooves. The hairs of his mane scattered the clouds and the god’s who were hovering in the skies aboard their airplanes. The demon terrified everyone present with his loud neighing.)

tam trAsayantam bhagavAn sva gokulam tat heshitai: vAla vighUrNitAmbudam
AtmAnam Ajau mRugayantam agraNI: upAhvayat sa vyanadan mRugendra vat 10.37.2

(When the bhgavan saw how the demon was frightening His village of Gokula by neighing terribly and shaking the clouds with his tail, the Lord came forward to meet him. Keshi was searching for Krishna to fight, so when the Lord stood before him and challenged him to approach, the horse responded by roaring like a lion.)

sa tam niSAmyAbhimukho makhena kham pibann ivAbhyadravad ati amarshaNa:
jaghAna padbhyAm aravinda locanam durAsada: caNDa javo duratyaya: 10.37.3

(Seeing the Lord standing before him, Keshi ran toward Him in extreme rage, his mouth gaping as if to swallow up the sky. Rushing with furious speed, the unconquerable and unapproachable horse demon tried to strike the lotus- eyed Lord with his two front legs.) [/tscii:d1f074b001]

viggop
28th March 2006, 10:44 AM
[tscii:7344eb9ef3]tat vaNcayitvA tam adhokshajo rushA pragRuhya dorbhyAm parividhya pAdayo:
sAvajNam utsRujya dhanu: SatAntare yathoragam tarkshya suto vyavasthita: 10.37.4

(As demon Keshi charged at Lord Krishna, He easily dodged Keshi’s blow and then with His arms angrily seized the demon by the legs, whirled him around in the air and contemptuously threw, just as Garuda might throw a snake. Lord Krishna then stood there.)

sa: labdha samjNa: punar utthito rushA vyAdAya keSI tarasA Apatad harim
so apy asya vaktre bhujam uttaram smayan praveSayAm Asa yathoragam bile 10.37.5

(Upon regaining consciousness Keshi angrily got up, opened his mouth wide and again rushed to attack Lord Krishna. But the Lord just smiled and thrust His left arm into the horse's mouth.)

dantA nipetur bhagavad bhuja spRuSas te keSinas tapta maya spRuSo yatha
bAhuS ca tat deha gato mahAtmano yathAmaya: samvavRudhe upekshita: 10.37.6

(Keshi’s teeth immediately fell out when they touched the bhgavan’s arm, which to the demon felt as hot as molten iron. Within Keshi’s body the Lord’s arm then expanded greatly.)

samedhamAnena sa kRushNa bAhunA niruddha vAyuS caraNAmS ca vikshipan
prasvinna gAtra: parivRutta locana: papAta laNDam visRujan kshitau vyasu: 10.37.7

(As Lord Krishna's expanding arm completely blocked keshi’s nasal pathways and he could no longer breath, his legs kicked convulsively, his body became covered with sweat, and his eyes rolled around. The demon then passed stool and fell on the ground, dead.)

tat dehata: karkaTikA phalopamAd vyasor apakRushya bhujam maha bhuja:
avismito ayatna hatarika: surai: prasUna varshair varshadbhir Idita: 10.37.8

(The mighty-armed Krishna withdrew His arm from Keshi’s body, which now appeared like a long karkathika fruit. Without the least display of pride at having so effortlessly killed His enemy, the Lord accepted the gods’s worship in the form of flowers which rained down from above.)
[/tscii:7344eb9ef3]

viggop
28th March 2006, 10:44 AM
[tscii:6c0accae62]Narada appears again with appeals to the LORD. LORD Listens to the earnest wish of HIS devotees.

devarshir upasangamya bhAgavata pravaro nRupa
kRushNam aklishTa karmANam rahasi etad abhAshata 10.37.9

(Sree Sukar continued to King Pariskcit as follows: “My dear King, thereafter Lord Krishna was approached by the great sage, Narada Muni. That most exalted devotee of Lord spoke to Him in a private conversation as follows:)

kRushNa kRushNA aprameya Atman yogeSa jagad ISvara
vAsudevAkhilAvasa sAtvatAm pravara prabho 10.37.10

(Narada Muni Praised his Lord as follows: “O Krishna, Krishna, O immeasurable one, Lord of all Yoga’s, Lord of the universe! O VAsudeva (son of Vasudeva), shelter of all beings and best of the Yadus ! O master.)

tvam atma sarva bhUtAnAm eko jyotir ivaidhasAm
gUdho guhA Saya: sAkshI mahA purusha ISvara: 10.37.11

(You are that atma in all living beings, sitting unseen within the cave of the heart like the fire dormant within kindling wood. You are the witness within everyone, You are the maha purusha and you are the Ishvara.)

atmanAtmASraya: pUrvam mAyayA sasRuje guNAn
tair idam satya sankalpa: sRujasy atsi avasISvara: 10.37.12

(You are the only shelter for all souls! You are the one who through your own maya shakti created the three basic guna’s in this universe which is ultimately responsible for all creation. You create, maintain and then destroy this universe.)

sa tvam bhUdhara bhUtAnAm daitya pramatha rakshasAm
avatIrNo vinASAya sAdhunAm rakshaNAya ca 10.37.13

(You, that very same creator, have now descended on the earth to annihilate the Daitya, Pramatha and Rakshasa who are posing as kings, and also to protect the good.)

dishTya te nihato daityo lIlayAyam hayakRuti:
yasya heshita santrastas tyajanti animisha divam 10.37.14

(The horse demon was so terrifying that his mere neighing frightened the gods into leaving their kingdom’s. But by our good fortune You have destroyed this demon as if it were a sport!)
[/tscii:6c0accae62]

viggop
28th March 2006, 10:45 AM
The fifth book bhAgavatam goes mainly as 'gdyam' (prose).

bharatastu mahAbhAgavata: yadA bhagavat: avanitala paripAlanAya sancitita: tat anuSAsanapara: pancajanIm viSwarUpa duhitaram upayeme 5.7.1

(The great devotee Bharata was crowned as the king by his father Rushabhadeva, an incarnation of the Lord. Bharata accepted the order of the Lord and as the first step married Pancajani, the daughter of ViSwarUpa.)

tasyAmuha vA AtmajAn kArtsnyena anurUpAn Atmana: panca janayAMAsa bhUtAdi: iva bhUtasUkshmANi 5.7.2

(In her Bharata got five great sons who were equally great like him. It was like ahankAratattvam creating the five elements. The way the 5 elements continued teh creation, Bharata's children filled the world.)

Becasue Bharata ruled this land it got the name 'bhAratam'.

viggop
29th March 2006, 09:54 AM
[tscii:c0ee339740]cANUram mushTikam caiva mallAn anyAmS ca hastinam
kamsam ca nihatam drakshye paraSvo ahani te vibho 10.37.15

(Narada Muni continued his stuti of Lord Krishna: “In just two days, O almighty Lord, I will witness the deaths of Canura, Mushthika and other wrestlers, along with those of the elephant Kuvalayapida and King Kamsa - all by Your hand.”)

tasyAnu Sankha yavana murANAm narakasya ca
pArijAta apaharaNam indrasya ca parAjayam 10.37.16

(Then I will witness You kill the demons Sankha, Kalayavana, Mura and NarakAsura. I will also be able see You steal the parijata flower and defeat Indra.)

udvAham vIra kanyAnAm vIrya SulkAdi lakShaNam
nRugasya mokshaNam SApAd dvArakAyAm jagat pate 10.37.17

(I will then see You marry many princesses after rescuing them by Your valor. Then, O Lord of the universe, in Dvaraka You will deliver King Nriga from a curse.)

syamantakasya ca maNer AdAnam saha bhAryayA
mRuta putra pradAnam ca brAhmaNasya svadhAmata: 10.37.18

( You will get the Syamantaka mani, together with another wife. You will bring back a brahmana's dead son from the abode of Your servant Yamaraja.)

pauNDrakasya vadham paScAt kASi puryAS ca dIpanam
dantavakrasya nidhanam caidyasya ca mahA kratau 10.37.19

(Thereafter You will kill Paundraka, burn down the city of Kashi and annihilate Dantavakra and the King of Cedi (Sishupala) during the great Rajasuya yagna.)

yAni cAnyAni vIryANi dvArakAm Avasan bhavAn
kartA drakshyAmy aham tAni geyAni kavibhir bhuvi 10.37.20

(I shall be fortunate enough to withness all these lilas’, along with many others that You will perform during Your residence in Dvaraka. These pastimes will be glorified on this earth in the form of songs by great poets.)
[/tscii:c0ee339740]

viggop
29th March 2006, 09:55 AM
[tscii:2e955ff3c4]Not that kRushNa needs to be reminded. But, it is a chance for the bhaktA to sing it. SO, NEVER MISS ANY SUCH CHANCES.

atha te kAla rUpasya kshapayishNor amushya vai
akshauhiNInAm nidhanam drakshyAmi arjuna sArathe: 10.37.21

(Narada Continued his stuti: “Subsequently I will see You appear as time personified, serving as Arjuna's charioteer and destroying entire armies of soldiers to rid the earth of her burden.” What a compassion? Driving the chariot for HIS friend and Devotee.)

viSuddha vijnAna ghanam sva samsthayA samApta sarvArtham amogha vAnchitam
sva tejasA nitya nivRutta mAyA guNa pravAham bhagavantam Imahi 10.37.22

(You are perfectly pure and complete. Since Your will is always granted and You are fully content in Yourself, and by the power of Your Maya you created the 3 guna’s but You remain aloof from the effects of the gunas’. Let us approach You, the Supreme Lord, for shelter.)

tvAm ISvaram svASrayam Atma mAyayA vinirmitASesha viSesha kalpanam
krIdArtham adyAtta manushya vigraham nato asmi dhuryam yadu vRushNi sAtvatAm 10.37.23

(You are the Ishwara, You are completely self-sufficient. By Your maya shakti You have constructed this universe. Now you have appeared as the greatest hero among the Yadus, Vrishnis and Satvatas for the good of everyone.)

evam yadu patim kRushNam bhAgavata pravaro muni:
pranipatya abhyanujnAta: yayau tat darSanotsava: 10.37.24

(Sree Sukar said: Having thus addressed Lord Krishna, the chief of the Yadu dynasty, Narada bowed down and offered Him his prayers. Then that great sage and a great devotee took his leave from the Lord and went away, feeling great joy at having directly seen Him.)

bhagavAn api govindo hatvA keSinam Ahave
paSUn apAlayat pAlai: prItair vraja sukhAvaha: 10.37.25

(After having slain the demon Keshi in battle, Bhgavan continued to tend the cows and other animals in the company of His joyful friends the Gopas’. Thus He brought happiness to all the residents of Vrindavana.)

It is sad to think that our dear kRushNa is going to leave bRUndAvan very soon. But, as gopIs' heart we will follow Him always.
[/tscii:2e955ff3c4]

viggop
29th March 2006, 09:57 AM
[tscii:f79d836ddd]ekadA te paSUn pAlAS cArayanto adri sAnuShu
cakrur nilAyana krIdAS cora pAlApadeSata: 10.37.26

(One day the gopas’, while grazing their animals on the mountain slopes, played the game of stealing and hiding, acting out the roles of cow-thieves and herders.)

tatrAsan katicin corA: pAlAS ca katicin nRupa
meShAyitAS ca tatraike vijahrur akuto bhayA: 10.37.27

(In that game some acted as thieves, others as shepherds and others as sheep. They played their game happily, without fear of any danger. For what is the reason to fear about anything when you have Lord Krishna by your side!)

Maya putro mahA mAyo vyomo gopAla vesha dhRuk
meshAyitAn apovAha prAyaS corAyito bahUn 10.37.28

(A powerful magician named Vyoma, son of the demon Maya, then appeared on the scene in the guise of a gopa. Pretending to join the game as a thief, he proceeded to steal most of the cowherd boys who were acting as sheep.)

giri daryAm vinikshipya nItam nItam mahAsura:
SilayA pidadhe dvAram catu: pancAvaSeshitA: 10.37.29

(Slowly the demon abducted more and more of the cowherd boys and cast them into a mountain cave, which he sealed shut with a boulder. Finally only four or five boys acting as sheep remained in the game.)

tasya tat karma vijnAya kRushNa: SaraNa da: satAm
gopAn nayantam jagrAha vRukam harir ivaujasA 10.37.30

(Lord Krishna, who protects all His devotees, knew immediately what Vyomasura was up to. Just as a lion grabs a wolf, Krishna forcefully pounced upon the demon as he was taking away more cowherd boys.)

sa nijam rUpam AsthAya girIndra sadRuSam balI
icchan vimoktum AtmAnam nASaknod grahaNAtura: 10.37.31

(The demon realized that the game was up and changed into his original form, as big and powerful as a great mountain. But try as he might to free himself, he could not do so. The demon lost all his strength from being held in the Lord's tight grip.)

tam nigRuhyAcyuto dorbhyAm pAtayitvA mahI tale
paSyatAm divi devAnAm paSu mAram amArayat 10.37.32

(Lord Acyuta held Vyomasura between His arms, lifted him up and threw him to the ground. Then, while the gods in heaven looked on, Krishna killed him in the same way that one kills a sacrificial animal.)
[/tscii:f79d836ddd]

a.ratchasi
30th March 2006, 12:42 PM
What is the message of Bhagvada-Gita? (http://www.ivarta.com/columns/OL_060327.htm)

Viggop, I hope you don't mind me sharing this article here.

viggop
31st March 2006, 06:19 PM
[tscii:f0bb9fe7ef]AkrUra was delighted about the luck that is taking him to bRundAvanam.Let us follow him with the same devotion. Each one of us have enjoyed these moments.

akrUro api ca tAm rAtrim madhu puryAm mahA mati:
ushitvA ratham AsthAya prayayau nanda gokulam 10.38.1

(Sree Sukar said: Akrura who is known to be very intelligent spent the night in Mathura and in following morning mounted his chariot and set off for the cowherd village of Nanda Gopa.)

gacchan pathi mahA bhAgo bhagavati ambujekshaNe
bhaktim parAm upagata evam etat acintayat 10.38.2

(As he traveled on the road, the great soul Akrura felt tremendous devotion for the lotus-eyed bhgavan, and thus he began to think as follows.)

kim mayAcaritam bhadram kim taptam paramam tapa:
kim vAthApi arhate dattam yad drakshyAmi adya keSavam 10.38.3

([Akrura thought:] What pious deeds have I done, what severe austerities have I performed, what worship performed or charity given so that today I will see Lord Keshava? The truth is ONLY THEIR KRUPA CAN TAKE US THERE AND NONE OF OUR DEEDS.)

mamaitad durlabham manya uttama: Sloka darSanam
vishayAtmano yathA brahma kIrtanam SUdra janmana: 10.38.4

(This is my greatest fortune that I will be able to meet my Lord Uttamahshloka which is ordinarily very difficult to achieve. Since I am a materialistic person absorbed simply in sense gratification, it is as difficult for me to see my Lord as it would be for one who has the life of an uncultured or impure to recite the Vedic mantras.)

maivam mama adhamasyApi syAd evAcyuta darSanam
hriyamANa: kAla nadyA kvacit tarati kaScana 10.38.5

(But I should stop thinking like this! After all, even the most fallen soul like me can have the chance to with the Supreme Lord just as sometimes a soul who is drawn by the river of time sometimes manages to reach the shore.)

mama adya amangalam nashTam phalavAn caiva me bhava:
yan namasye bhagavato yogi dhyeyAnghri pankajam 10.38.6

(Today all my sin’s have been wiped clean and my birth has become worthwhile, since I will offer my prayers to the Supreme Lord's lotus feet, which even great yogi’s meditate upon.)

[/tscii:f0bb9fe7ef]

viggop
31st March 2006, 06:21 PM
[tscii:5ccc5d24a0]kamso bata adyAkRuta me ati anugraham drakshye anghri padmam prahito amunA hare:
kRutAvatArasya duratyayam tama: pUrve ataran yan nakha maNDala tvishA 10.38.7

(Infact, today King Kamsa has shown me extreme mercy by asking me to meet the lotus feet of Lord Hari, who has now taken an avatar in this world. Simply by the effulgence of His toenails, many souls crossed the insurmountable darkness of ignorance and achieved liberation.)

yad arcitam brahma bhavAdibhi: surai: SriyA ca devyA munibhi: sa sAtvatai:
go cAraNAya anucarai: carat vane yad gopikAnAm kuca kunkumAnkitam 10.38.8

(His lotus feet are worshiped even by Brahma, Shiva and all the other gods. The goddess of fortune – Sri as well as the great sages worship His lotus feet. Its upon those lotus feet that my Lord walks about the forest while herding the cows with His companions. His feet are smeared with the kunkuma from the gopis’.)

drakshyAmi nUnam su kapola nAsikam smitAvalokAruNa kanja locanam
mukham mukundasya guDAlakAvRutam pradakshiNam me pracaranti vai mRugA: 10.38.9

(I am blessed that I will soon be able to see His face with beautiful cheeks and nose, His curly hair, His smiling glances and His reddish lotus eyes. Surely I shall see the face of Lord Mukunda, since even the deer are now doing pradakshina to me.

api adya vishNor manujatvam IyuSho bhArAvatArAya bhuvo nijecchayA
lAvaNya dhAmno bhavitopalambhanam mahyam na na syAt phalam anjasA dRuSa: 10.38.10

(I am going to see the Supreme Lord Vishnu, the most beautiful being, who by His own will has now assumed a humanlike form to relieve the earth of her burden. My eyes will be delighted upon seeing such a divine form.)

ya IkshitAham rahito api asat sato: sva tejasApAsta tamo bhidA bhrama:
sva mAyayAtman racitais tat IkShayA prANAksha dhIbhi: sadaneshu abhIyate 10.38.11

(He is that eternal witness and yet He is always free of any false ego. He has burned the darkness with his own glow and hence personification true knowledge. He looked at His Energy Maya and created everythign within himself. Then He lives in the houses (bodies) made by pRANAs, indriyAs etc. Oh! kRushNa, there in nothing other than you.)

yasya akhilAmIvahabhi: su mangalai: vAco vimiSrA guNa karma janmabhi:
prANanti Sumbhanti punanti vai jagat yAs tat viraktA: Sava SobhanA matA: 10.38.12

(All sins are wiped out and all good fortune are created by the Lord's qualities, activities and appearances. Any words that describe these beautify and purify the world. On the other hand, words bereft of His glories are like the decorations on a corpse.)

[/tscii:5ccc5d24a0]

viggop
31st March 2006, 06:26 PM
[tscii:4c36076b1f]sa cAvatIrNa: kila sAtvatAnvaye sva setu pAlAmara varya Sarma kRut
yaSo vitanvan vraja Asta ISvaro gAyanti devA yat aSesha mangalam 10.38.13

(It’s the same Supreme Lord that has taken the avatara and descended into the dynasty of the YadavAs to delight the gods. Residing in Vrindavana, He spreads His fame everywhere. The gods sing about his lilas’ and these songs brings good to all.)

tam tu adya nUnam mahatAm gatim gurum trailokya kAntam dRuSiman mahotsavam
rUpam dadhAnam Sriya IpsitAspadam drakshye mamAsann ushasa: su darSanA: 10.38.14

(Today I shall be able to see Him, who’s the ultimate aim as well as the guru for everyone. Seeing Him brings jubilation to the eyes, for He is the most perfect form in the universe. Indeed, even goddess of fortune seeks His shelter. By meeting Him all the goals in my life will be fulfilled. FOR US TOO.)

athAvarUDha: sapadISayo rathAt pradhAna pumso: caraNam sva labdhaye
dhiyA dhRutam yogibhir api aham dhruvam namasya AbhyAm ca sakhIn vanaukasa: 10.38.15

(As soon as I reach there I will immediately step down from my chariot and bow down before the two lords for the sake of my own good. In fact I will offer my namaskaram’s to his friends and other inhabitants of the forest.

api anghri mUle patitasya me vibhu: Sirasi adhAsyan nija hasta pankajam
dattAbhayam kAla bhujAnga ramhasA prodvejitAnAm SaranaishiNAm nRuNAm 10.38.16

(And when I have fallen at His feet, the almighty Lord will place His lotus hand upon my head. For those who seek shelter in Him because they are filled with fear from the serpent like kAla, that hand removes all fear.)

samarhaNam yatra nidhAya kauSika: tathA bali: cApa jagat trayendratAm
yad vA vihAre vraja yoshitAm Sramam sparSena saugandhika gandhi apAnudat 10.38.17

(By offering respect to that lotus hand, Indra and Bali earned the status of Indra. During the great rAsa dance, when the Lord wiped away the gopis' perspiration and removed their fatigue, the touch of their faces made that hand as fragrant as a sweet flower. (Did it make the hand fragrant or the gopi’s face fragrant???? I guess the answer should be both. LORD GIVES TEH CREDIT TO THE DEVOTEE AND THE DECOTEE ASSOCIATES IT WITH THE LORD.)

na mayi upaishyati ari buddhim acyuta: kamsasya dUta: prahitopi viSva dRuk
yo antar bahiS cetasa etat Ihitam kshetra jna Ikshati amalena cakshushA 10.38.18

(Oh! my Lord? Will he ignore me thinking that I am Kamsa's servant? No No. The infallible Lord will not consider me an enemy, even though I am a messenger of Kamsa. After all, the omniscient Lord is that eternal witness and he sees everything both inside as well as outside the heart of a being. THEY KNOW WHO IS THE ARROW AND WHO IS THE SHOOTER.)[/tscii:4c36076b1f]

viggop
31st March 2006, 06:28 PM
[tscii:3f8371e6a9]api anghri mUle avahitam kRutAnjalim mAm IkshitA sa smitam ArdrayA dRuSA
sapadi apadhvasta samasta kilbisho voDhA mudam vIta viSanka UrjitAm 10.38.19

(Oh! kRushNa! Thus He will cast His smiling, affectionate glance upon me as I remain still with joined palms, having fallen at His feet. Then all my impurities will at once be cleansed, and all my doubts will be cleared and I will feel the most intense bliss.)

suhRuttamam jnAtim ananya daivatam dorbhyAm bRuhadbhyAm paRurapsyate atha mAm
AtmA hi tIrthI kriyate tadaiva me bandhaS ca karmAtmaka ucchvasiti ata: 10.38.20

(He shall treat me like an intimate friend and relative, Krishna will embrace me with His mighty arms, instantly purifying my body and removing all my material attachments and wipe clean all my past karma’s which bind me down.

labdhvAnga sangam praNatam kRutAnjalim mAm vakshyate akrUra tateti uruSravA:
tadA vayam janma bhRuto mahIyasA naivAdRuto yo dhig amushya janma tat 10.38.21

(Having thus attained close physical proximity with Lord Krishna, I shall then humbly stand before Him with bowed head and joined palms. He will then address me as, "My dear Akrura." At that very moment my life's purpose will be fulfilled. I

na tasya kaScit dayita: suhRuttamo na cApriyo dveshya upekshya eva vA
tathApi bhaktAn bhajate yathA tathA sura drumo yadvat upASrito artha da: 10.38.22

(The Lord has no favorite and no closest friend, nor does He consider anyone undesirable, despicable or neglect anyone. On the contrary He lovingly reciprocates His devotees regardless of whatever manner they worship Him, just as the trees in the heaven fulfill the desires of whoever approaches them.)

kim cAgrajo mAvanatam yadUttama: smayan paRuShvajya gRuhItam anjalau
gRuham praveshyApta samasta satkRutam samprakShyate kamsa kRutam sva bandhushu 10.38.23

(And then Lord Krishna's elder brother Balarama, the foremost among the Yadus, will grasp my joined hands while I am still standing with my head bowed. After embracing me He will take me to His house. There He will honor me and inquire from me about how Kamsa has been treating His family members.) [/tscii:3f8371e6a9]

viggop
2nd April 2006, 06:33 PM
[tscii:8a65491e97](Sree Sukar continued: My dear King, thus the son of Shaphalka – the great AkrUra was traveling on his chariot, meditating deeply on Lord Krishna. He reached Gokula just as the sun was beginning to set.)

padAni tasyAkhila loka pAla kirITa jushTAmala pAda reNo:
dadarSa goshThe kShiti kautukAni vilakshitAni abja yavAnkuSAdyai: 10.38.25

(Akrura saw the footprints of those feet whose dust even the rulers of all the planets in the universe hold on their crowns. Those footprints of the Lord were distinguished by such marks as the lotus, corn and elephant goad, made the ground sacred.)

tat darSanAhlAda vivRuddha sambhrama: premNordhva romASru kalAkulekshaNa:
rathAt avaskandya sa teshu aceshTata prabhor amUni anghri rajAmsi aho iti 10.38.26

(He was filled with ecstasy by the very sight of the Lord's footprints and his bodily hairs were standing erect because of his pure love, and his eyes were filled with tears. AkrUra immediately jumped down from his chariot and began rolling about among those footprints, exclaiming, "Ah, this is the dust from my master's feet!" Let us join akrUra, the great bhAgavata.)

deham bhRutAm iyAn artho hitvA dambham bhiyam Sucam
sandeSAd yo harer linga darSana SravaNAdibhi: 10.38.27

(The very goal of life for all beings is this ecstasy, which Akrura experienced. Upon receiving Kamsa's order to fetch kRushNa from bRundAvan, he put aside all pride, fear and lamentation and absorbed himself in seeing, and hearing and describing nothing but kRushNa, his guNAs.... He rolled on the ground oblivious of himself, the world. We will see this description for Prahlaada and by the LORD himself as the description of His devotee.)

dadarSa kRushNam rAmam ca vraje go dohanam gatau
pIta nIlAmbara dharau Sarad amburuhekshaNau 10.38.28

(Akrura then saw Krishna and Balarama in the village of Vraja, who had gone to watch the milking of cows. Krishna wore beautiful yellow garments while Balarama was dressed in blue. Their eyes resembled the bloomed lotus of Sarat. They were slightly reddened with compassion. With his mind flying towards the Lord's lotus feet and legs struggling..... every fraction of a second was a yuga for akrUra.)

kiSorau SyAmala Svetau SrI niketau bRuhad bhujau
su mukhau sundara varau bala dvirada vikramau 10.38.29

(One of the two boys had a dark blue complexion and was the abode of the goddess of fortune, while the other lad with mighty arms was of fair complexion. It seemed that no one could be more handsome than them in the entire universe! They walked with the gait of young majestic elephants. A closer look...) [/tscii:8a65491e97]

viggop
2nd April 2006, 06:35 PM
[tscii:4bdb882c16]dhvaja vajrAnkuSAmbhojai: cihnitair anghribhir vrajam
Sobhayantau mahAtmAnau sAnukroSa smitekshaNau 10.38.30

(Those two Lord’s further beautified the Vraja with the impressions of Their feet, which bore the marks of the flag, lightning bolt, elephant goad and lotus. They walk around glancing with compassionate smiles.)

udAra rucira krIdau sragviNau vana mAlinau
puNya gandhAnuliptAngau snAtau viraja vAsasau 10.38.31

(The two Lords, whose pastimes provide joy to everyone, were ornamented with jeweled necklaces and flower garlands. They looked very attractive as they applied various perfumes, freshly bathed, and dressed in spotless garments.)

pradhAna purushAu Adyau jagad dhetU jagat patI
avatIrNau jagati arthe svAmSena bala keSavau 10.38.32

(They are the pradhana purusha, the masters and the creator of the universes, who had for the welfare of the earth had now descended in Their distinct forms of Keshava and Balarama. Sree Sukar here stresses the fact that the two Lords are not different from one another but in infarct originate directly from the same Lord.)

diSo vitimirA rAjan kurvANau prabhayA svayA
yathA mArakata: Sailo raupyaS ca kanakAcitau 10.38.33

(O King Parikchit, They were so radiant that they dispelled the darkness every where in all directions. It was as if they were They were mountains, one made of emerald and the other of silver and decorated with gold.)

rathAt tUrNam avaplutya so akrUra: sneha vihvala:
papAta caraNopAnte danda vad rAma kRuShNayo: 10.38.34

(Akrura, overwhelmed with love for his master, quickly jumped down from his chariot and fell at the feet of Krishna and Balarama like a rod.)

bhagavad darSanAhlAda bAshpa paryAkulekShaNa:
pulakacitAnga autkanThyAt svAkhyAne nASakan nRupa 10.38.35

(O King Parickchit, the joy of seeing the Supreme Lord filled Akrura's eyes with tears. He was so overcome with happiness that he could not speak to present himself.) [/tscii:4bdb882c16]

viggop
2nd April 2006, 06:36 PM
[tscii:7d97e70ce4]bhagavAn tam abhipretya rathAngAnkita pANinA
parirebhe abhyupAkRushya prIta: praNata vatsala: 10.38.36

(As soon as Lord Krishna saw Akrura He drew him close with His hand, which bears the sign of the chariot wheel, and then embraced him. Krishna felt very happy, for He is always favorably disposed toward His devotees who have completely surrendered on to Him. Oh! KrushNa, anta nALum vantiDAto?.........)

sankarshaNa: ca praNatam upaguhya mahAmanA:
gRuhItvA pANinA pANI anayat sAnujo gRuham 10.38.37

(As Akrura stood with his head bowed, Lord Sankarshana [Balarama] grasped his joined hands, and then Balarama took him to His house in the company of Lord Krishna. After inquiring from Akrura whether his trip had been comfortable, Balarama offered him a seat, bathed his feet and served him milk with honey. It was exactly as Akrura had expected, even though Kamsa had sent Akrura; Krishna and Balarama bore no malice and showered their love and respect on Akrura.

nivedya gAm cAtithaye samvAhya SrAntam ADRuta:
annam bahu guNam medhyam SraddhayopAharat vibhu: 10.38.39

(The almighty Lord Balarama presented Akrura with the gift of a cow, massaged his feet to relieve him of fatigue and then with great respect fed him the best food that was available.)

tasmai bhuktavate prItyA rAma: parama dharma vit
mukha vAsair gandha mAlyai: parAm prItim vyadhAt puna: 10.38.40

(When Akrura had eaten to his satisfaction,, Lord Balarama, offered him herbs for freshening his mouth, along with fragrances and flower garlands. Lucky are those parents who have such wonderful kids. No guest will ever get hurt there (it depends on the guests' manobhAvam, though))

papraccha sat kRutam nanda: katham stha niranugrahe
kamse jIvati dASArha sauna pAlA ivAvaya: 10.38.41

(Nanda Gopa then asked Akrura: O descendant of DASArha, how are all of you doing under the rule of that merciless Kamsa? You are just like sheep under the care of a butcher.)

yo avadhIt svasvasus token kroSantyA asutRup khala:
kim nu svit tat prajAnAm va: kuSalam vimRuSAmahe 10.38.42

(That Kamsa murdered the infants of his own sister in her presence, even as she cried begging for their lives. It’s easy to imagine what your situation must be as one of his subjects.) [/tscii:7d97e70ce4]

viggop
2nd April 2006, 06:38 PM
[tscii:5354097ae2]sukhopavishTa: paryanke rAma kRushNoru mAnita:
lebhe manorathAn sarvAn pathi yAn sa cakAra ha 10.39.1

(Sree Sukar said: Having been accorded so much honor by Lord Krishna and Lord Balarama Akrura sat comfortably on a couch. He felt that all the desires he had thought about on his way to meet the Lord were now fulfilled. THE ONLY PLACE WHERE ALL THE DESIRES ARE TAKEN CARE OF.)

kim alabhyam bhagavati prasanne SrI niketane
tathApi tat parA rAjan na hi vAnchanti kincana 10.39.2

(O Raja, After all what is unattainable for one The Supreme Lord, who is the abode of the goddess of fortuneis, is pleased? . Even so, those who are dedicated to Him never want anything from Him.)

tAta saumya Agata: kaccit svAgatam bhadram astu va:
api sva jnAti bandhUnAm anamIvam anAmayam 10.39.4

(Bhgavan then asked Akrura: My dear uncle was your trip here comfortable? Welcome and May all that’s good be yours. Are our friends and our relatives happy and in good health? THE VERY FACT THAT THE LORD IS ENQUIRING, THEY ARE GOING TO BE SAFE.)

kim nu na: kuSalam pRucche edhamAne kulAmaye
kamse mAtula nAmnAnga svAnAm na: tat prajAsu ca 10.39.5

(But, my dear Akrura, as long as King Kamsa - that disease of our family is still ruling, why should I even bother to ask about the well being of our family members and his other subjects? Sounds very familiar right? kRushNa is going to kill Kamsa to wipe out the evil. The ruler is going to be Ugrasena Maharaja, his grandfather.

dishTyA adya darSanam svAnAm mahyam va: saumya kAnkshitam
sanjAtam varNyatAm tAta tavAgamana kAraNam 10.39.7

(By good fortune our desire to meet you has finally come true. O my dear! O saumya, please tell us why you have come today.)

pRushTo bhagavatA sarvam varNayAmAsa mAdhava:
vairAnubandham yadushu vasudeva vadhodyamam 10.39.8

(Sree Sukar said: In response to the Supreme Lord's request, Akrura described the whole situation, including Kamsa's enmity toward the Yadus and his attempt to murder Vasudeva. NOT THAT HE NEEDED ANY EXPLANATION. BUT, THE DEVOTEE WOULD LOVE A CHANCE AND SO BE IT.) [/tscii:5354097ae2]

viggop
6th April 2006, 01:55 PM
[tscii:cf1cfaa96e]yat sandeSo yat artham vA dUta: sampreshita: svayam
yat uktam nAradenAsya svajanma Anakadundubhe: 10.39.9

(Akrura informed Lord Krishna the message that he had been sent to deliver. He also described Kamsa's real intentions and how Narada Muni had informed Kamsa that Krishna had been born as the son of Vasudeva.
A true messenger. A true devotee has nothing to lose and nothing to fear.)

Srutva akrUra vaca: kRushNo bala: ca para vIra hA
prahasya nandam pitaram rAjnA dishTam vijajnatu: 10.39.10

(Lord Krishna and Lord Balarama, the vanquisher of even the most heroic opponents, heartily laughed when they heard Akrura's words. They then proceeded to inform their father, Nanda Gopa, of evil Kamsa's orders. They took control of the situation before the news reached the dear parents' ears.)

gopAn samAdiSat so api gRuhyatAm sarva go rasa:
upAyanAni gRuhNIdhvam yujyantAm SakaTAni ca 10.39.11

(Nanda Gopa then issued orders to one of his men to make the following announcement throughout Vraja: "Go collect all the available milk products. Bring valuable gifts and ready your wagons.”)

yAsyAma: Svo madhu purIm dAsyAmo nRupate rasAn
drakshyAma: su mahat parva yAnti jAnapadA: kila
evam Aghoshayat kshatrA nanda gopa: sva gokule 10.39.12

(“Tomorrow we shall go to Mathura, present our milk products to the King and see a very great festival. All residents of the village will be coming to witness this." This message was spread everywhere by Nanda Gopa’s men too nearby villages.)

gopya: tA: tat upaSrutya babhUvur vyathitA bhRuSam
rAma kRushNau purIm netum akrUram vrajam Agatam 10.39.13

(When the gopis heard that Akrura had come to Vraja to take Krishna and Balarama to Mathura, they became extremely sad. What a sad news for them. They are going to lose their kRushNa for ever.)

kAScit tat kRuta hRut tApa SvAsa mlAna mukha Sriya:
sramsad dukUla valaya keSa granthyaS ca kAScana 10.39.14

(Some of the gopis felt such pain upon hearing this new that their faces turned pale from their heavy breathing and signing. Others were so anguished that they did not even realize that their dresses, bracelets and braids had became loose.)

anyA: ca tat anudhyAna nivRuttASesha vRuttaya:
nAbhyajAnann imam lokam Atma lokam gatA iva 10.39.15

(Some gopis ceased all activities and lost all awareness of the external world. They were fixed in meditation on Krishna. They were just like the great sages who have attained the self-realization.) [/tscii:cf1cfaa96e]

viggop
6th April 2006, 02:01 PM
[tscii:ac3748e48c]smarantya: cAparA: Saurer anurAga smiteritA:
hRudi spRuSa: citra padA gira: sammumuhu: striya: 10.39.16

(And other gopis fainted as they were remembering the words of Lord Shauri [Krishna]. His words which were very sweet and accompanied by His charming smile had deeply touched their hearts. The mere thought of separation from their beloved was too much to bear.)

gatim sulalitAm ceshTAm snigdha hAsAvalokanam
SokApahAni narmANi proddAma caritAni ca 10.39.17

(The gopi’s recalled His graceful gait, His pastimes, His affectionate smiles, His heroic deeds and His charming words, which would relieve all their distress.)

cintayantyo mukundasya bhItA viraha kAtarA:
sametA: sanghaSa: procu: aSru mukhyo acyutASayA: 10.39.18

(The very thought of the briefest separation from their Lord Mukanda filled them with extreme anxiety. They gathered in groups and spoke to one another, their faces covered with tears and their minds fully absorbed in Acyuta.)

aho vidhAta: tava na kvacid dayA samyojya maitryA praNayena dehina:
tAN cAkRutArthAn viyunankshi apArthakam vikrIditam te arbhaka ceshTitam yathA 10.39.19

(The gopis cried out: O Vidhata! you have no mercy! You first attract us to You by your love and kindness and then senselessly separate us from You even before our hearts are satisfied. (Knowing the Gopis their hearts would never be satisfied with Krishna and He would be forever stuck in VRundavan!) You are acting just like a small child.)

ya: tvam pradarSya asita kuntalAvRutam mukunda vaktram su kapolam unnasam
SokApanoda smita leSa sundaram karoShi pArokshyam asAdhu te kRutam 10.39.20

(We have been blessed to see out Lord Mukunda's face, framed by dark black locks of hair and beautified by His fine cheeks, raised nose and gentle smiles. Your face dispels all misery but You are now making that face invisible. This is simply not fair!)

krUra: tvam akrUra samAkhyayA sma na: cakshurhi dattam harase batAjna vat
yenaika deSe akhila sarga saushThavam tvadIyam adrAkshma vayam madhu dvisha: 10.39.21

(O Lord! Its You who has come here in the form of Akrura (some one whos not cruel) to take our Krishna away from us. Although you come here with the name Akrura, you are indeed cruel, for you are taking away from us our very eyes for it is with those eyes that we see perfection in You my Lord enemy of Madhu.
The gopi’s did not care to see anything but Krishna; therefore if Krishna left Vrindavana, they had no need for their eyes! ) [/tscii:ac3748e48c]

viggop
6th April 2006, 02:07 PM
sukham prabhAtA rajanIyam ASisha: satyA babhUvu: pura yoshitAm dhruvam
yA: sampravishTasya mukham vrajas pate: pAsyanti apAngotkalita smitAsavam 10.39.23

(The dawn following this night will certainly be most auspicious for the women of Mathura. All their desires will now be fulfilled, for as the Lord of Vraja enters their city, they will be able to drink from His face the nectar of the smile.)

tAsAm mukundo madhu manju bhAshitair gRuhIta citta: para vAn manasvi api
katham punar na: pratiyAsyate abalA grAmyAh: salajja smita vibhramair bhraman 10.39.24

(O gopis, although our Mukunda is intelligent he seems to have fallen under the spell of the honey like sweet words of the women of Mathura and been enchanted by their alluring, shy smiles. Why will He ever return to us village girls?)

adya dhruvam tatra dRuSo bhaviShyate dASArha bhojAndhaka vRushNi sAtvatAm
mahotsava: SrI ramaNam guNAspadam drakshyanti ye cAdhvani devakI sutam 10.39.25

(When the members of Dasharhas, Bhojas, Andhakas, Vrishnis and Satvatas see the son of Devaki in Mathura, it will be a great feast for their eyes, as will all those who see Him traveling along the road to the city. After all, even the goddess of fortune is attracted towards him and seeks Him and our Krishna is the reservoir of all gunas.)

maitad vidhasya akaruNasya nAma bhUd akrUra iti etad atIva dAruNa:
yo asAu anASvAsya su duhkhitam janam priyAt priyam neShyati pAram adhvana: 10.39.26

(He who is doing this merciless deed should not be called Akrura. He is in fact so cruel that without even trying to console the sorrowful residents of Vraja, he is taking away Krishna, who is dearer to us than life itself.)

viggop
11th April 2006, 05:11 PM
[tscii:9f197d6e26]anArdra dhIr esha samAsthito ratham tam anvamI ca tvarayanti durmadA:
gopA anobhi: sthavirair upekshitam daivam ca no adya pratikUlam Ihate 10.39.27

(Hard-hearted Krishna has already mounted the chariot, and now the gopa’s are hurrying after Him in their bullock carts. Even the elders are saying nothing to stop Him. Its seems that today even the fate is working against us.)

nivArayAma: samupetya mAdhavam kim no akarishyan kula vRuddha bAndhavA:
mukunda sangAn nimishArdha dustyajAt daivena vidhvamsita dIna cetasAm 10.39.28

(Let us directly approach Lord Madhava and stop Him from going. We have no reason to fear our family elders and other relatives. What could be worse fate than separation from our Mukunda? Our hearts are already broken, for we cannot bear to give up His company even for a fraction of a second.)

yasyAnurAga lalita smita valgu mantra lIlAvaloka parirambhaNa rAsa goshThAm
nItA: sma nah kshaNam iva kshaNadA vinA tam gopya: katham nvatitarema tamo durantam 10.39.29

(During the rAsa dance, we enjoyed His affectionate and charming smiles, His delightful whispers, His playful glances and His embraces. We passed many a nights as if they were a single moment. O gopis! How can we possibly cross over the insurmountable darkness of His absence?)

yo ahna: kshaye vrajam ananta sakha: parIto gopair viSan khura raja: churitAlaka srak
veNum kvaNan smita katAksha nirIkShaNena cittam kShiNoty amum Rute nu katham bhavema 10.39.30

(How can we exist without Ananta's friend Krishna? If He leaves, He won't be coming back every evening to Vraja in the company of other gopas’. Oh! No, it should not happen!! His hair and garland would be powdered with the dust raised by the cows' hooves. As He played His flute, He would captivate our minds with His smiling glances.)

evam bruvANA virahAturA bhRuSam vraja striya: kRushNa vishakta mAnasA:
visRujya lajjAm rurudu: sma su svaram govinda dAmodara mAdhaveti 10.39.31

(Sree Sukar said: After speaking these words, the gopis were overcome with grief by their imminent separation from Him. Their minds refused to move away from kRushNa. In their sorrow they lost all inhibitions and began to loudly cry out, "O Govinda (Oh! Savior of Cows)! O Damodara (one who had the rope on his stomach, where is that kRupayAsIt swabandhane now?)! O Madhava (aren't we all LaskhmIs, Oh! Lord of Lakshmi how can you leave us?)!")

strINAm evam rudantInAm udite savitari atha
akrUraS codayAm Asa kRuta maitrAdiko ratham 10.39.32

(But even as the gopis were crying their hearts out, Akrura woke up at sunrise and performed His morning worship and other duties. After this he began to drive the chariot.) [/tscii:9f197d6e26]

viggop
11th April 2006, 05:13 PM
Dhruva walked out of mother SunIti's kaksham, determined to see Narayana. He has no clue what or how to do anything... But, that determination is enough. There comes a test sent by NarayaNa. Sure, Dhruva won the test because the one who sent the test took place in the boy's hear too! All we need is the purity in our heart and the rest is done by HIM.

na adhunA api avamAnam te samAnam vA api putrka
lakshayAma: kumArasya saktasya krIDanAdishu 4.8.27

(Oh! Child, at this age you should be playing with toys. I do not see kids of your age differentiating insult and respect. Dhruva was stunned to hear this from Narada as his mind was rejoicing at the sight of His Guru. Narada said to himself, "Hmmm! I seem have failed in distracting this boy with toys.... let me go a bit deeper!)

vikalpe vidyamAne api nahi asantosha hetava:
pumsa: moham Rute bhinnA yat loke nija karmmabhi: 4.8.28

(Oh! Yes child, I see that you are hurt. But, don't you think that is a misunderstanding? Don't you think 'desire' is the reason for unhappines? Happiness and sadness are the products of ones own actions. Dhruva still conveyed his message with a look. Yes! That is why I want to do the karma that will take me to see nArAyaNa... Narada went even deeper..)

paritushyeta tat tAta tAvanmAtreNa pUrusha:
daiva upasAditam yAvat vIkshya ISwaragatim budha: 4.8.29

(So, take it as fate or what you get from the God and that is how smart people should take it... Oh! Narad Ji, I am not claiming anything. All I want is NarayaNa!)

Oh! Dhruva, what your mother told you is impossible even for great RushIs. They search for Him in life after life with severe penance. You go back to your kingdonm. I will fix everything for you. When you enjoy good and bad without passion, finally, you will become matured and will be ready to do Tapas.
Look at Dhruva,
Oh! Narad Ji whatever you said is the truth, but, since my heart is beaten up so badly by Mother Suruchi and I have found refuge in Mother SunIti's words, I am not able accept whatever you said. May be I am adament and disobedient. So,

padam tribhuvana utkRushTam gijIsho: sAdhu vartma me
brUhi asmat pitRubhi: brahman anyai: api anadhishThitam 4.8.37

Oh! one who knows everything, please tell me the way so that I will attain a status that was never seen by anyone else. As you know everything, you know the way too. Moreover, If you say, Narayana will come infront of me whether I deserve it or not. You roam for the welfare of everyone. So, please bless me and fulfill my desire. pUrNa SaraNAgati.....

Narada was impressed by Dhruva was dedication and adherence to his supreme desire. He gave hin the upadeSam to do upAsana and Dhruva achieved his goal in 5 months. He reached the samAdhi stage and merged with

prasAda abhimukham SaSwat prasanna vadanekshaNam
sunAsam subhruvam cAru kapolam sura sundaram 4.8.45
taruNam ramaNIya angam aruNa oshTha IkshaNa adharam
praNata ASrayaNam nRumNam SaraNyam karuNArNNavam 4.8.46
SrIvatsAnkam ghanaSyAmam purusham vanamAlinam
Sankha cakra gadA padmai: abhivyakta caturbhujam 4.8.47
kirITinam kuNDalinam keyUra vakayAnwitam
kaustuabha AbharaNa grIvam pIta kauSeya vAsasam 4.8.48
kAncIkalApa paryastam lasat kAncana nUpuram
darSanIyatamam SAntam mano nayana vardhanam 4.8.49

What a beautiful description!!!

viggop
11th April 2006, 05:15 PM
[tscii:375b3b5530]Let us go back to vRundAvan....

gopAs tam anvasajjanta nandAdyA: SakaTais tata:
AdAyopAyanam bhUri kumbhAn go rasa sambhRutAn 10.39.33

(The gopas led by Nanda Gopa followed behind Lord Krishna in their wagons. The men brought with them many offerings for Kamsa. They carried with them clay pots filled with ghee and other milk products.)

gopya: ca dayitam kRushNam anuvrajya anuranjitA:
pratyAdeSam bhagavata: kAnkshantya: cAvatasthire 10.39.34

(Lord Krishna pacified the gopis by his charming glances and smiles. They also followed behind for some time. Then, hoping He would give them some instruction, they stood still.)

tAs tathA tapyatIr vIkshya sva prasthAne yadUttama:
sAntvayAmAsa sapremair AyAsya iti dautyakai: 10.39.35

(From His chariot Lord Krishna the greatest among the Yadus’ saw how the gopis, were crying for Him. How can the bhaktavatsalan go ingnoring the? He consoled them by sending a messenger with a promise: "I will return after completing my mission." We will see later that that mission took more than 100 years! But, kRushNa kept his promise and met them and send them back as jnAjIs. From now onwards, gopIs will treat every bee, bird and anything in nature as their LORD's messenger. IF ONLY WE LEARN THIS FROM THE GOPIS, WE WILL LIVE IN HARMONY WITH NATURE.

yAvat Alakshyate ketur yAvad reNU rathasya ca
anuprasthApitAtmAno lekhyAni iva upalakShitA: 10.39.36

(The gopIs stood still watching as long as the flag atop the chariot was visible, and even until they could no longer see the dust raised by the chariot wheels. There minds were fully engrossed with thoughts about their Lord Krishna and they were so still that it seemed that there were pictures in a painting.)

tA nirASA nivavRutur govinda vinivartane
viSokA ahanI ninyur gAyantya: priya ceshTitam 10.39.37

(The gopis’ then turned back, without hope that their Govinda would ever return to them. Full of sorrow, they began to spend their days and nights chanting about the pastimes of their beloved. tava kathAmRutam kRushNA tapta jIvanam.... just like us...)

bhagavAn api samprApto rAmAkrUra yuto nRupa
rathena vAyu vegena kAlindIm agha nASinIm 10.39.38

(Bhagavan Krishna who was traveling as swiftly as the wind in His chariot with Lord Balarama and Akrara, arrived at the river Kalindi – the river which destroys all sins. Men of action - keep everything in the back of their head and keep moving... as if nothing affects them.... POOR GOPIS.)
[/tscii:375b3b5530]

viggop
11th April 2006, 05:16 PM
[tscii:717a966fdc]tatropaspRuSya pAnIyam pItvA mRushTam maNi prabham
vRukshashandam upavrajya sarAmo ratham AviSat 10.39.39

(Lord Krishna then drank some of that sweet water from the river. After this Krishna and Balarama moved their chariot’s near a grove of trees.)

akrUras tAu upAmantrya niveSya ca rathopari
kAlindyA hradam Agatya snAnam vidhi vadAcarat 10.39.40

(Akrura asked the two Lords to sit down and relax. Then, taking Their permission, he went up to the Kalindi River and took his bath as prescribed in the scriptures.)

nimajjya tasmin salile japan brahma sanAtanam
tAveva dadRuSe akrUro rAma kRushNau samanvitau 10.39.41

(When Akrura was immersed in the water and reciting the mantras from the Vedas, he suddenly saw Balarama and Krishna before him, indie the water.)

tau rathasthau katham iha sutAu Anakadundubhe:
tarhi svit syandane na sta iti unmajjya vyacashTa sa: 10.39.42

(Akrura thought "How can the two sons of Vasudeva, who are sitting in the chariot, be standing here in the water? They must have certainly left the chariot and walked up to me.")

tatrApi ca yathA pUrvam AsInau punar eva sa:
nyamajjad darSanam yan me mRushA kim salile tayo: 10.39.43

(But when he came out of the river, there They were on the chariot, just as before. Akrura thought to himself "Was the vision I had of Them in the water an illusion?" Akrura then reentered the river.)

bhUyas tatrApi so adrAkshIt stUyamAnam ahISvaram
siddha cAraNa gandharvair asurair nata kandharai: 10.39.44

(Once inside the water Akrura now saw Adi Sesha, the Lord of the serpents (Lord Balarama). He saw Lord Balarama surrounded by Siddhas, Caranas, Gandharvas and demons, who all had their heads bowed and were singing praises of Him.) [/tscii:717a966fdc]

viggop
12th April 2006, 05:54 PM
Divya VaikunTha darSanam. On tRuprayAr ekAdaSi day, we are having vaikuTha darSanam with akrUra. Let us enjoy it. We will enjoy the paravAsudeva.

sahasra Sirasam devam sahasra phaNa maulinam
nIlAmbaram bisaSvetam SRungai: Svetam iva sthitam 10.39.45

(Akrura saw Adi Sesha in all his glory with thousands of heads and thousands of hoods. He wore a wonderful blue garment and His fair complexion, as white as a lotus stem, made Him appear like white Kailasa Mountain with its many peaks.)

tasyotsange ghana syAmam pIta kauSeya vAsasam
purusham catur bhujam SAntam padma patrAruNekshaNam 10.39.46

(Akrura then saw the Supreme Lord lying peacefully on the lap of Lord Adi Sesha. His body had the complexion like that of a dark-blue cloud. He wore yellow silk garments and had four arms and reddish lotus-petal like eyes.)

cAru prasanna vadanam cAru hAsa nirIkshaNam
su bhrUnnasam cAru karNam su kapola aruNAdharam 10.39.47

(His face looked attractive and cheerful with its smiling, endearing glance and lovely eyebrows. His beauty was enhanced by His raised nose and well defined ears, and His beautiful cheeks and reddish lips.)

pralamba pIvara bhujam tungAmsora: sthala Sriyam
kambu kaNTham nimna nAbhim valimat pallavodaram 10.39.48

(The Lord's broad shoulders and expansive chest were beautiful, and His arms long and stout. His neck resembled a conch shell, His navel was deep, and His abdomen thin like a tender banyan leaf and bore three lines.)

bRuhat kati tata SroNi karabhoru dvayAnvitam
cAru jAnu yugam cAru janghA yugala samyutam 10.39.49

(He had large shapely hips and thighs like an elephant's trunk. His knees were very attractive to look at.)

tunga gulphAruNa nakha vrAta dIdhitibhir vRutam
navAnguli angushTha dalair vilasat pAda pankajam 10.39.50

(His toes were a little bit elevated and were reddish and were the seat of beautiful row of toe nails. The glow from the feet and nails radiated everywhere. His feet were tender and had tender petals like toes. They were like tow lotus feet.)

su mahArha maNi vrAta kirITa katTkAngadai:
kaTi sUtra brahma sUtra hAra nUpura kuNDalai: 10.39.51

(Akrura saw Lord adorned with a crown studded with precious jewels. He was also wearing bracelets and armlets, a sacred thread, necklaces, ankle bells and earrings. Bhagavan thus rested on Adi Sesha shining forth in his entire splendor.)

viggop
12th April 2006, 06:01 PM
bhrAjamAnam padma karam Sankha cakra gadA dharam
SrIvatsa vakshasam bhrAjat kaustubham vana mAlinam 10.39.52

(In one hand He held a lotus flower, in the others a conch shell, chakra and a gada. Gracing His chest were the Shrivatsa mark, the brilliant Kaustubha gem and a flower garland made of colorful wild flowers.)

sunanda nanda pramukhai: parshadai: sanakAdibhi:
sureSair brahma rudrAdyai: navabhi: ca dvijottamai: 10.39.53

(Lord was surrounded by Nanda, Sunanda and His other parShadas. There were also the Sanaka etc., Brahma, Rudra and Indra and the other gods as well as the nine chief priests.)

prahlAda nArada vasu pramukhai: bhAgavatottamai:
stUyamAnam pRuthag bhAvair vacobhir amalAtmabhi: 10.39.54

(Further more there were also the best among His devotees such as Prahlada, Narada muni and Vasu. Each of them were worshiping the Lord by chanting His praises.)

SriyA pushTyA girA kAntyA kIrtyA tushTya ilaya UrjayA
vidyayA avidyayA SaktyA mAyayA ca nishevitam 10.39.55

(Also in attendance were the Lord's own energy in the 12 forms of - Shri, Pushthi, Gira, Kanti, KIrti, Tushthi, Ila and Urja - as well as Vidya, Avidya and Maya, and Shakti.)

vilokya su bhRuSam prIto bhaktyA paramayA yuta:
hRushyat tanUruho bhAva pariklinna Atma locana: 10.39.56

(As Akrura witnessed this wonderful vision, he became extremely happy and his heart was filled with intense devotion. His intense ecstasy caused His bodily hairs to stand on end and tears to flow from his eyes even drenching his entire body!)

girA gadgadayA astaushIt sattvam Alambya sAtvata:
praNamya mUrdhnA avahita: kRutAnjali *beep*: Sanai: 10.39.57

(Somehow managing to steady himself, Akrura bowed his head to the ground. Then he joined his palms in supplication and, in a voice choked with emotion, very slowly and attentively began to pray.)

How lucky is AkrUra!

viggop
12th April 2006, 06:03 PM
[tscii:04c31efdc9]Have seen the scene to be seen, akrUr Ji offered himself at the lotus feet singing His glories.

nato asmi aham tvAkhila hetu hetum nArAyaNam pUrusham Adyam avyayam
yan nAbhi jAtAd aravinda koSAd brahmAvirAsId yata esha loka: 10.40.1

(Akrura said: O Lord! I bow down to You, the cause of all causes, You are that Lord Narayana – the supreme Purusha. It is from the whorl of the lotus born from Your navel that Lord Brahma appeared. Through Lord Brahma its You who has created this universe. I bow to thee.)

bhU: toyam agni: pavanam kham Adir mahAn ajAdir mana indriyANi
sarvendriyArthA vibudhA: ca sarve ye hetava: te jagato anga bhUtA: 10.40.2

(The Earth; the water; the fire; the air; the space and its source, the mahat-tattva, the total material universe and her source, as well as the mind; the senses; the physical objects as well as the deities over these senses are all in fact created by You. To that all powerful creater, I offer myself.)

naite svarUpam vidu: Atmanas te hi ajAdayo anAtmatayA gRuhIta:
ajo anubaddha: sa guNair ajAyA guNAt param veda na te svarUpam 10.40.3

(These (basic elements that form our universe) do not know your true identity. In fact even Lord Brahma himself does not fully understand your potency since he too is bound by the gunas’. Oh! Adipurusha, who am I to sing your glory. Your words flow through me. My namaskaarams.)

eke tvAkhila karmANi sannyasyopaSamam gatA:
jnAnino jnAna yajnena yajanti jnAna vigraham 10.40.6

(In pursuit of spiritual knowledge, some persons renounce all material activities and take sanyas. They then begin the jyana-yagna by worshipping You, the very embodiment all knowledge.)

anye ca samskRutAtmAno vidhinAbhihitena te
yajanti tvanmayA: tvAm vai bahu mUrti eka mUrtikam 10.40.7

(And yet others - those whose mind is pure - follow the vidhis’ as promulgated by You. They completely concentrate their mind upon You, they worship You as the one Supreme Lord manifesting in multiple forms.)

sarva eva yajanti tvAm sarva deva mayeSvaram
ye api anya devatA bhaktA yadi api anya dhiya: prabho 10.40.9

(O my Lord, the simple truth is that all these people, even those who have turned their attention away from You and are worshiping other deities, are actually worshiping You alone, for You are that Ishwaram - embodiment of all the gods.) [/tscii:04c31efdc9]

viggop
20th April 2006, 10:23 AM
[tscii:b89c9d2daa]tubhyam namaste tu avishakta dRushTaye sarvAtmane sarva dhiyAm ca sAkshiNe
guNa pravAho ayam avidyayA kRuta: pravartate deva nRu tiryag Atmasu 10.40.12

(I offer My prayers to You, You are that Lord who’s the witness of everyone's consciousness with unbiased vision. The living beings who assume identities as devas, humans and animals live in darkness of their ignorance. They are tied up with karmas while You are above it.)

agnir mukham te avanir anghrir IkshaNam sUryo nabho nAbhi: atho diSa: Sruti:
dyau: kam surendrA: tava bAhavo arNavA: kukshi: marut prANa balam prakalpitam 10.40.13

(Fire is said to be Your face, the earth Your feet, the sun Your eye, and the sky Your navel. The directions are Your sense of hearing, the Indra Your arms, and the oceans Your abdomen. Heaven is thought to be Your head, and the wind Your prana and physical strength.)

romANi vRuksha auShadhaya: SiroruhA meghA: parasyAsthi nakhAni te adraya:
nimeshaNam rAtri ahanI prajApati: medhra: tu vRushTis tava vIryam ishyate 10.40.14

(The trees and plants are the hairs on Your body, the clouds the hair on Your head, and the mountains the bones and nails of You. The passage of day and night is the blinking of Your eyes, the prajapati Your reproductory organ, and the rain Your creative energy.)

tvayi avyayAtman purushe prakalpitA lokA: sapAlA bahu jIva sankulA:
yathA jale sanjihate jalaukaso api udumbare vA maSakA mano maye 10.40.15

(O my inexhaustible Lord, All the worlds along with their presiding gods and the people, originate in You. These worlds travel within You just as fish swim in the sea or tiny insects burrow within an udumbara fruit.)

yAni yAnIha rUpANi krIdanArtham bibharshi hi
tair AmRuShTa Suco lokA mudA gAyanti te yaSa: 10.40.16

(Oh! Jagat rakshaka, for your lIla you have taken many forms. Those burn all the sins and sorrows of your devotees (during the avataaram as well as during the SravaNam). Hence people sing your glories with delight. Now your kRupa is making me do the same. Oh! NArAyaNa, many namaskaarams.) [/tscii:b89c9d2daa]

viggop
20th April 2006, 10:26 AM
[tscii:7e4a0d6b64]Oh! Narayana, everything is you. But, how can one not sing the glory of your avatArAs, that you took on yourself to protect Dharma.

nama: kAraNa matsyAya pralayAbdhi carAya ca
hayaSIrshNe namas tubhyam madhu kaiTabha mRutyave 10.40.17

(You are cause of the creation and You appeared as a Matsya (fish), who swam about in the pralaya jal. You also appeared as Lord Hayagriva, the destroyer of Madhu and Kaithabha)

akUpArAya bRuhate namo mandara dhAriNe
kshiti uddhAra vihArAya nama: SUkara mUrtaye 10.40.18

(You appeared as an immense tortoise who supported Mandara Mountain, and as a huge powerful boar [Lord Varaha], who lifting the earth. To that Lord I offer my namaskarms.)

namas te adbhuta simhAya sAdhu loka bhayApaha
vAmanAya namas tubhyam krAnta tribhuvanAya ca 10.40.19

(Namaskarams’ to You, the amazing lion [Lord Nrisimha], who removes all fear from pious devotees, and to the dwarf Vamana, who stepped over the three worlds.)

namo bhRuguNAm pataye dRupta kshatra vana cchide
namas te raghu varyAya rAvaNa antakarAya ca 10.40.20

(I offer my prayers to You, the Lord of the Bhrugus, who killed all the arrogant kshyatriya’s. My offerings to Lord Rama, the best of the Raghu dynasty, who put an end to the demon Ravana.)

namas te vAsudevAya nama: sankarshaNAya ca
pradyumnAya aniruddhAya sAtvatAm pataye nama: 10.40.21

(I offer my prayers to You, You appeared as vAsudeva, the Lord of Devotees, Sankarshana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha.)

namo buddhAya SuddhAya daitya dAnava mohine
mleccha prAya kshatra hantre namas te kalki rUpiNe 10.40.22

(I offer my obeisance’s to Your avatar as the pure Lord Buddha, who will bewilder the Daityas and Danavas, and to Lord Kalki, the destroyer of the uncultureds posing as kings. We surely see the last part and yet to see the savior.)
[/tscii:7e4a0d6b64]

viggop
20th April 2006, 10:28 AM
bhagavan jIva loko ayam mohitas tava mAyayA
aham mameti asat grAho bhrAmyate karma vartmasu 10.40.23

(O bhagavan, the living beings in this world are bewildered by Your maya. Becoming involved in the false concepts of "I" and "my," they are forced to wander along the paths of karma and its fruits. Only you can give us a break from this.)

aham ca AtmA AtmajAgAra dArArtha svajanAdiShu
bhramAmi svapna kalpeshu mUdha: satya dhiyA vibho 10.40.24

(I too am deluded in this way, O almighty Lord, foolishly thinking my body, children, home, wife, money and followers to be real, when they are in fact as unreal as a dream. Now a look from You hasbrought the reality in me.)

anityAn Atma du:kheshu viparyaya matir hi aham
dvandvArAma: tamo vishTo na jAne tvAtmana: priyam 10.40.25

(I have made the mistake of thinking temporary as the eternal, my body as my self, and sources of misery as the sources of happiness, I have tried to take pleasure in material dualities. Covered in this way by ignorance, I could not recognize You as the DEAREST.)

yathA abudho jalam hitvA praticchannam tat udbhavai:
abhyeti mRuga tRushNAm vai tadvat tvAham parAn mukha: 10.40.26

(A fool overlooks a body of water surrounded by the plants growing in it and chases a mirage. Aimilarly I turned away from You to chase after material pleasures.)

na utsahe aham kRupaNa dhI: kAma karma hatam mana:
roddhum pramAthibhi: cAkshair hriyamANam itas tata: 10.40.27

(My intelligence is so weakened that I do not have the strength to control my mind, which is constantly filled with material desires and activities and constantly dragged here and there by my senses.)

namas te vAsudevAya sarva bhUta kshayAya ca
hRushIkeSa nama: tubhyam prapannam pAhi mAm prabho 10.40.30

(O Vasudeva, I offer my namaskarams to You, within whom all living beings reside. O Lord of the mind and senses, again I offer You my obeisances. O master, please protect me, who am surrendered unto You.)

viggop
20th April 2006, 10:30 AM
[tscii:230f15edb9]Akrura got out of the water all in ecstacy. Tears rolling down his eyes, hair standing on his body and toucng chanting the divine name, dancing and floating.... Is kRushNa going to leave him alon? Let us see!

so api cAntarhitam vIkshya jalAd unmajya satvara:
kRutvA cAvaSyakam sarvam vismito ratham Agamat 10.41.2

(Sree Sukar said: While Akrura was still offering prayers, the Supreme Lord Krishna withdrew His form that He had revealed in the water. When Akrura saw the vision disappear, he came out of the water and quickly finished his various ritual duties. He then returned to the chariot still in ecstacy, dancing and enjoying the bliss.)

tam apRucchad hRushIkeSa: kim te dRushTam ivAdbhutam
bhUmau viyati toye vA tathA tvAm lakshayAmahe 10.41.3

(Lord Krishna innocently asked Akrura as if He did not already know: Have you seen something wonderful on the earth or in the skies above or in the water below? From your expressions it appears that you have indeed seen something! Oh! kRushNa..... what game is this? DON'T GET FOOLED BY THE MERE WORDS FROM THE LORD. MAY BE IT IS A TEST!)

adbhutAnIha yAvanti bhUmau viyati vA jale
tvayi viSvAtmake tAni kim me adRushTam vipaSyata: 10.41.4

(Akrura then comes up with an brilliant reply! Akrura said: My Lord whatever wonderful things the earth, sky or water contains, all exist in You. When I am seeing You, what have I not seen?)

yatrAdbhutAni sarvANi bhUmau viyati vA jale
tam tvAnupaSyato brahman kim me dRushTam ihAdbhutam 10.41.5

(You are the brahman in whom reside all amazing things on the earth, in the sky and in the water. Now that I am seeing You, O Lord what amazing thing is left to see in this world?)

Saying thus with a delighted heart, AkrUra started the chariot.

mArge grAma janA rAjams tatra tatra upasangatA:
vasudeva sutau vIkshya prItA dRushTim na cAdadu: 10.41.7

(True. GopikAs of BRundAvan are in tears. But, the Lord is for all and everyone deserve the bliss...
O King Parikcit wherever they passed along the road, the villagers came forward and looked upon the two sons of VAsudeva with great pleasure. In fact, the villagers could not withdraw their eyes from Them.)

bhavAn praviSatAm agre saha yAna: purIm gRuham
vayam tu iha avamucya atha tato drakshyAmahe purIm 10.41.10

(In this way Lord Krishna reached the gates of Mathura. There he held Akrura’s hands and lovingly spoke to him. “Take this chariot and enter the city ahead of us. Then go home. After resting here for a while we will then enter the city and look around.” In other words, "Ji, I have my own plans and me work as per my master plan." [/tscii:230f15edb9]

Arthi
20th April 2006, 11:31 AM
Wow nice chapter...
I recollect Shri Shri Krishna premi MahRaj fondly called as SHRI ANNA's discourse on BHAGAVATHAM.
He expalains this chapter wonderfully the conversation between Akrurar and Krishna

Arthi
20th April 2006, 11:32 AM
Good Work Viggop :D

viggop
21st April 2006, 10:19 AM
[tscii:94cec5cad0]nAham bhavadbhyAm rahita: pravekshye mathurAm prabho
tyaktum nArhasi mAm nAtha bhaktam te bhakta vatsala 10.41.11

(Akrura was heart broken when he was asked to leave with out his Lord. Akrura said: “O master, without the two of You I shall not enter Mathura. I am Your devotee, O Lord, so it is not fair for You to abandon me, since You are supposed to be always loving to Your devotees.”)

punIhi pAda rajasA gRuhAn no gRuha medhinAm
yat Saucena anutRupyanti pitara: sAgnaya: surA: 10.41.13

(I am simply an ordinary householder attached to this material world, so please purify my home with the dust of Your lotus feet. The dust from Your lotus feet will ensure that all my forefathers, the various yagna fires and the gods will all become satisfied.)

avanijyAnghri yugalam AsIt Slokyo balir mahAn
aiSvaryam atulam lebhe gatim caikAntinAm tu yA 10.41.14

(By bathing Your feet, the great Maharaja Bali attained not only attained glory and unequaled power but also attained the most coveted position sought after by devotees.)

Apa: te anghri avanejanya: trIn lokAn Sucayo apunan
SirasA adhatta yA: Sarva: svar yAtA: sagarAtmajA: 10.41.15

(The water of the river Ganga is pure that it even purifies the three lokas because it is the water that bathed your feet. Lord Shiva accepted that water on his head. By that water's grace the sons of King Sagara attained the heaven.)

deva deva jagan nAtha puNya SravaNa kIrtana
yadUttamottama: Sloka nArAyaNa namo astu te 10.41.16

(O Lord of lords, O master of the universe, Your glories it is most pious to hear and chant! O best of the Yadus, You whose fame is retold in the form of best poems! O Supreme Lord Narayana, I offer You my humble prayers.) Let us also offer our prayers this way.

AyAsye bhavato geham aham arya samanvita:
yadu cakra druham hatvA vitarishye suhRut priyam 10.41.17

(The Supreme Lord said: I will come to Your house with My elder brother, but first I must satisfy My friends and well-wishers by killing the enemy of the Yadu clan.) [/tscii:94cec5cad0]

viggop
21st April 2006, 10:21 AM
'madhurA yatra sAnnidhyam nityadaa hare'.... So, rich and plenty..

Sree Sukar now gives us some glimpse into the great city of Mathura.

dadarSa tAm sphATika tuNga gopura dvArAm bRuhad dhema kapATa toraNAm
tAmrAra koshThAm parikhA durAsadAm udyAna ramya upavana upaSobhitAm 10.41.20

(This is mathura only and not VaikunTham! As Lord Krishna entered the city he saw the majestic city. The gopuras and doors of houses were made with sphatika, its immense archways and main doors were made of gold, its granaries and other storehouses of copper and brass, and its impregnable moats. Beautifying the city were pleasant gardens and parks.)

sauvarNa SRungATaka harmya nishkuTai: SreNI sabhAbhir bhavanair upaskRutAm
vaidUrya vajrAmala nIla vidrumai: muktA haridbhi: valabhIshu vedishu 10.41.21

(The major crossroads in the city were beautified with gold. There were large mansions in the city with their own private gardens and other very impressive buildings. These buildings were adorned with various vaidurya stones, diamonds, quartz, sapphires, coral, pearls and emeralds.)

tAm sampravishTau vasudeva nandanau vRutau vayasyai: naradeva vartmanA
drashTum samIyu: tvaritA: pura striyo harmyANi caivAruruhur nRupotsukA: 10.41.24

(As the two sons of Vasudeva entered the city, the people were excited to hear this news and rushed to see them. The women of Mathura hurriedly assembled and went forth to see Him as He (Krishna) entered the city with His friends. Some of the women eagerly climbed to the roofs of their houses to see Them. Whne kRushNa enters, it is a captivating experience for sattva people...)

kAScit viparyag dhRuta vastra bhUshaNA: vismRutya caikam yugaleshu athAparA:
kRutaika patra Sravanaika nUpurA nAnktvA dvitIyam tu aparA: ca locanam 10.41.25

(Some of the ladies were in such a hurry to see their Lord that then mistakenly put their clothes and ornaments on backwards and did not even realize this. Others forgot one of their earrings or their ankle bells, and others applied makeup to one eye but not the other. These are not gopikAs of bRundAvan... But, when kRushNa enters all are just gopikAs unless.......)

aSnantya ekA: tat apAsya sotsavA: abhyajyamAnA akRutopamajjanA:
svapantya utthAya niSamya ni:svanam prapAyayantyo arbham apohya mAtara: 10.41.26

(Those who were taking their meals abandoned them and rushed out to see the Lord. Others went out without finishing their baths and women who were sleeping rose up when they heard the commotion. Even the mothers who were feeding their infants simply put them aside and rushed out to meet the Lord.)

The last statement is indeed very thought provoking. All mothers I know would drop everything at hand and rush to feed their hungry infant. So imagine the pull of divinity that must have felt when they abandoned their hungry infant to catch a glimpse of Lord Krishna. When the mothers left teh children unattended, the Lord attended to them....

viggop
21st April 2006, 10:23 AM
[tscii:23106f1ee2]Jaya JagadISa hare kRushNa jaya jagadISa hare
jaya gurumaaruta mandira nAthA jaya jagadISa hare

I guess, Guruvaayoor Ekaadasi is so close and I can't help singing His glories. Anyway, as bhAgavatam says, 'glories are always for HIM and HIM only'. One will never regret that.

manAmsi tAsAm aravinda locana: pragalbha lIlA hasitAvalokai:
jahAra matta dviradendra vikramo dRuSAm dadac ShrI ramaNAtmanotsavam 10.41.27

(The lotus-eyed Lord was smiling and those loving glances captivated everyone’s minds. He walked with the gait of a lordly elephant, creating a festival for their eyes. Even the goddess of fortune seeks pleasure with the Lord then what to say about the inhabitants of the world. BUT THAT IS DONE BY HIM AND HIM ONLY.)

dRushTvA muhu: Srutam anudruta cetasa: tam tat prekshaNotsmita sudhokshaNa labdha mAnA:
Ananda mUrtim upaguhya dRuSAtma labdham hRushyat tvaco jahur anantam arindamAdhim 10.41.28

(The ladies of Mathura had repeatedly heard about Krishna, and thus as soon as they saw Him their hearts melted. They felt honored that He was sprinkling upon them the nectar of His glances and broad smiles. Taking Him into their hearts through their eyes, they embraced Him - the very embodiment of all happiness, and their bodily hairs stood on end in ecstasy. They enjoyed the supreme bliss.)

prAsAda SikharArUdhA: prIti utphulla mukhAmbujA:
abhyavarshan saumanasyai: pramadA bala keSavau 10.41.29

(The ladies who had climbed to the roofs of the mansions were filled with love towards their Lord. They rained down showers of flowers upon Lord Balarama and Lord Krishna to show their love and respect.)

dadhi akshatai: soda pAtrai: srag gandhair abhyupAyanai:
tAv Anarcu: pramuditA: tatra tatra dvijAtaya: 10.41.30

(The contented and happy priests standing along the way honored the two Lords with offerings of yogurt, colored sanctified rice, pots filled with water, garlands and various fragrances such as sandalwood paste.)

Ucu: paurA aho gopya: tapa: kim Acaran mahat
yA hi etAu anupaSyanti nara loka mahotsavau 10.41.31

(The women of Mathura joy-fully cried out: Oh, what severe tapas must the gopis have performed to be able to regularly see Krishna and Balarama. These Lords are without doubt the greatest pleasure for all of nara-loka! Now that luck is on our side and let us not miss it.)

The moment MathuravaasIs came to know of KrushNa and Balarama's arrival, they decorated their houses. For Kamsa's people, they are rejoicing for the dhanuryAgam. For kRushNa devotees, they are rejoicing the Lord's arrival. A smart way of handling an enemy!!!
[/tscii:23106f1ee2]

viggop
22nd April 2006, 07:43 PM
[tscii:12fcf05db5]Krushna, Rama and Gopas continued their strolling in Mathura. Of course Krushna has to bless so many and how can He sit in one place for the whole evening? Sure, He can sit in one corner and bless but, he wanted to deloght his devotees too!

dehi Avayo: samucitAni anga vAsAmsi cArhato:
bhavishyati param Sreyo dAtu: te nAtra samSaya: 10.41.33

(Krishna then spotted a washer man approaching them. He them spoke to the lucky washer man as follows: “Oh! Great one, please give suitable garments to all of Us. If you grant this charity, you will undoubtedly receive the greatest benefit.”

sa yAcito bhagavatA paripUrNena sarvata:
sAkshepam rushita: prAha bhRutyo rAjna: sudurmada: 10.41.34

(Lord of course knew what the response was going to be. But this little incident again is really a reminder for all of us and a lesson for that ignorant washer-man. Thus bhagavan Krishna who is perfectly complete in all respects and fully self-satisfied made a request to that arrogant servant of the King. Instead of promptly surrendering before Krishna and obeying his request nay his command the ignorant man instead became angry and replied insultingly as follows. Well one need to have done enough puNyam even if the request is from the Lord.)

IdRuSAny eva vAsAmsI nityam giri vane cara:
paridhatta kim udvRuttA rAja dravyANi abhIpsatha 10.41.35

([The impudent washer man angrily retorted:] You foolish boys! You're accustomed to roaming around in mountains and forests, and yet You dare imagine worthy to put on such clothes! These are the King's possessions You're asking for! Even the evils will not get punished without proof!)

evam vikatthamAnasya kupito devakI suta:
rajakasya karAgreNa Sira: kAyAd apAtayat 10.41.37

(As the washer man thus spoke brazenly, the son of Devaki became angry (pretended to become angry since the Lord is beyond such emotions), and then merely with His fingertips He separated the man's head from his body.)

tasyAnujIvina: sarve vAsa: koSAn visRujya vai
dudruvuh sarvato mArgam vAsAmsi jagRuhe acyuta: 10.41.38

(The washer man's assistants dropped the bundles of clothes that they carried and fled down the road, scattering in all directions. Lord Krishna then collected the clothes.)

tata: tu vAyakah prItas tayor vesham akalpayat
vicitra varnai: caileyair Akalpai: anurUpatah 10.41.40

(Thereupon a tailor came forward. He was a kind man and he was full of love and affection towards the Lords. He alterd the dressed and adorned Their attire with ornaments of various colors. Imagine these Gopas walking in Kamsa's dress! So it surely needed alteration. The fee? What more you need than His blessings and compassionate smile? It is amUlya.)
[/tscii:12fcf05db5]

viggop
22nd April 2006, 07:44 PM
[tscii:79f83decf2]nAnA lakshaNa veshAbhyAm kRushNa rAmau virejatu:
su alankRutau bAla gajau parvaNIva sitetarau 10.41.41

(Krishna and Balarama now wore beautiful ornamented outfit. They look very handsome. They resembled a pair of young elephants, one white and the other black, decorated for a festive occasion.)

tasya prasanno bhagavAn prAdAt sArUpyam Atmana:
Sriyam ca paramAm loke balaiSvarya smRutIndriyam 10.41.42

(Pleased with the weaver, the Supreme Lord Krishna blessed him that after death he would achieve the fortune of attaining a form just like the Lord's. Furthermore while in this world he would enjoy unlimited wealth, physical strength, influence, memory.)

tata: sudAmno bhavanam mAlA kArasya jagmatu:
tau dRushTvA sa samutthAya nanAma SirasA bhuvi 10.41.43

(The two Lords then went to the house of the Sudama who made garlands. When Sudama saw Them he at once stood up and then bowed down, placing his head on the ground.)

tayor Asanam AnIya pAdyam cArghyArhaNAdibhi:
pUjAm sAnugayoS cakre srak tAmbUla anulepanai: 10.41.44

(After respectfully offering Them seats and bathing Their feet, Sudama worshiped Them with arghya, garlands, pan, sandalwood paste and other presentations.)

prAha na: sArthakam janma pAvitam ca kulam prabho
pitRu devarshayo mahyam tushTA hi Agamanena vAm 10.41.45

([Sudama said:] O Lord, my birth’s purpose is now complete now that I have met You. Even my family has now become pavitra (pure). Now that both of You have come here, my forefathers, the gods and the great sages must certainly be pleased with me. What a blessing!)

bhavantau kila viSvasya jagata: kAraNam param
avatIrNAu ihAmSena kshemAya ca bhavAya ca 10.41.46

(You are the ultimate cause of this entire universe. You have descended in this world only to bestow your blessings and to do good of this world.) [/tscii:79f83decf2]

viggop
22nd April 2006, 07:47 PM
Tha garland maker Sudama continued his kRushNa stuti.

na hi vAm vishamA dRushTi: suhRudo: jagat Atmano:
samayo: sarva bhUteshu bhajantam bhajata: api 10.41.47

(Oh! Lords, you are soul of the universe. You treat everyone as same (sama dRUshTi:) You do not differentiate one from the other. You look at your devotees as devotees but, you maintain equanimity among all. This stuti after dushTa nigrham and SishTa paripAlanam may sound contradictory. But, dushTa nigraham is mainly to bless them by removing the sin in them. Or in other words it is the product of their own sin.)

tou AjnApayatam bhRutyam kim aham karavANi mAm
pumsa: ati anugraho hi esha: bhavadbhi: yat niyujyate 10.41.48

(oh! Lords, I am your servant. Please order me so that I can serve you. Whatever you assign is the greatest blessing for a human being. I am offering myself to you.)

iti abhipretya rAjendra sudAmA prItamAnasa:
Sastai: sugandhai: kusumai: mAlA viracitA dadou 10.41.49

(Oh! King, the Lord does not need anything from anyone. But, one should offer the best of what they have and that is what He likes. So, knowing Their heart, SudAma gladly offered the best garlands that he had, made of great, fragrant flowers. He adonrned them with those colorful garlands.)

tAbhi: swalankRutou prItou kRushNa rAmou sahAnugou
praNatAya prapannAya dadatu: varadou varAn 10.41.50

(KRushNa and Rama and the gopAs were very pleased and stood in splendor wearing those garlands. The Lords blessed SudAma who had taken refuge at their feet and offered to grant all the boons that he needs.)

sa: api vavre acalAm bhaktim tasmin akhila Atmani
tat bhakteshu ca souhArddam bhUteshu ca dayAm parAm 10.41.51

(He being one of greatest devotee did not want anything. All he wanted was unshakable devotion to the supreme lord, love for His devotees and compassion to all beings. Dear SudAma. PraNAms to you. Help us also ask for the same thing.)

iti tasmai varam dattvA Sriyam ca anwaya vardhinIm
balam Ayu: yaSa: kAntim nirjjagAma sahAgraja: 10.41.52

(The Lord granted that. But, on His own He blessed SudAma with progeny, wealth, strength, long life, fame, charm etc. and took leave of him along with his brother and friends.)

Sudhaama
30th July 2006, 08:23 AM
Krishna of BHAGAWATHAM and MAHABHARATHA...Same?

By Character analysis... as well as by observation of Events... we are lead to a doubt...

whether the Krishna of Bhagawatham and the Krishna of Mahabharatha .. are the Same Person?

Such a doubt is caused not because of different authors... indeed..

Why we find them different?

johntony
13th August 2006, 01:38 AM
8-)

johntony
13th August 2006, 01:41 AM
8-)

Sudhaama
6th January 2008, 08:56 PM
. Bhagawatham Lecture in Tamil - AUDIO.

Those who want to download Bhagawatha Sapthaham Upanyasam by "Krishna Premi Swamigal" dearly called as "Sri Anna". The Upanyasam is in Tamizh

http://www.srivatsan.info/Bhagawatham/