PDA

View Full Version : SIDDHARS AND SIDDHEES

narayanaain
27th October 2005, 07:56 PM
TO ALL
ENLIGHTEN ME ABOUT SIDDHEES AND HOW TO ACHIEVE IT, THANKS IN ADVANCE.
REGARDS,
NARAYANAAIN

Idiappam
27th October 2005, 10:29 PM
you mean??? the 8 sidhees?

Sudhaama
27th October 2005, 11:19 PM
These are called ... ASHTA-SIDDHIS... the Super-Human Transcendental Mystic- Powers... by which the Human-beings have proved to excel the normal Earthly-mights.

But our Acharyas although personally gained such Soul-powers by learning after highly strenuous endeavour and practiced during their Life-period out of circumstantial necessity....

... have totally condemned propogation of this DANGEROUS SUPER-HUMAN POWERS open to any Human-Individual, irrespective of his Qualities, Propensities and Intentions.

So they have not taught to their Disciples... but allowed this rare Knowledge to die from the Society in the interest of safe Posterity..

Consequently... there seems to be no Teacher now-a-days who practices and is knowledgeable enough to impart this supplementary Soul- Powers to others.

Especially Sri Ramakrishna Paramahamsa, Swami Vivekananda, Sri Sankaracharya and Sri Ramanujacharya... have vehemently condemned and objected to this cult to develop.... as also advised their followers NOT TO TAKE INTEREST TO LEARN IT.... since it will be of no avail to the practicioners... except a SENSE OF PRIDE... and AUTOCRACY.

Such persons will be either Purchased or Dominated or made to Succumb by any other Material means...

.. Culminating in becoming a Puppet of the Unscrupulous Elements of Devilish Qualities and Sadistic Intentions...

.. ... precipitating in Self-destructive future problems. TO ALL.

Then the Society cannot peacefully exist... but result in a SOCIAL- CHAOS ..Globally

Is it necessary.?.. and Wanted for Anybody.?... For What benefit or Purpose?... Whose Sake.?

Then .. NOBODY CAN BE HAPPY ... INCLUDING THE PRACTIONER.

Idiappam
28th October 2005, 02:45 AM
Such Sidhis include Para-kaaya-Pravesam / Koodu-Vittu- Koodu- paaydhal.. ( Leaving ones own body and entering any other dead body within 3 hours of its death.... Walking on Water... Sudden disappearance maintaining Invisibility. .. Knowing other Person's Thoughts... PRECOGNITION .. Advance-Knowledge on Future Events.
CLAIRVOYANCE : Gain of Knowledge on a mysterious event already occurred.... and the like.

No.... These are not 'included' in the 8 Siddis (atta siddis)..

Perhaps we can number them 9 onwards.

Badri
28th October 2005, 05:47 AM
[tscii:d87e08954f]Yes, Parakaya Pravesham is not part of the Ashta Siddhis.

The ‘Asta siddhis’ are as described in ancient yoga texts are: Anima, Mahima, Laghima, Garima, Prapti, Prakamya, Ishitva and Vashitva.

‘Anima’ - ability to make ones body incredibly small, even smaller than an atom.
‘Mahima’ - ability to make ones physical body as big as one wishes.
Laghima - ability to make the physical body as light as one wants
Garima - ability to make the physical body as heavy as one wishes.
Prapti - ability to acquire any material items in the world.
Prakamya - ability to satisfy any wish one has in his mind
Ishitva - ability to rule over any one.
Vashitva - ability to control anyone’s mind and make him work according to his wish.[/tscii:d87e08954f]

Sudhaama
28th October 2005, 07:10 AM
Mr Badri,

Yes. You are Correct... Well said.

viggop
28th October 2005, 11:51 AM
Hanuman certainly knows the first 4 siddhis.
in lanka,he made himself as small as mosquito when on the mission to find out Sita.then, he raised his body to huge form when fighting rakshashas.in mahabharatha,he makes his body so heavy that bhima cant lift even the tail.
:-)

Uthappam
28th October 2005, 02:07 PM
Yes. it is imppossible that he could have known all 8. Then there wouldn't 've been any Rama or ramyaana left for us/

Ishitva - ability to rule over any one.

abbydoss1969
28th October 2005, 07:33 PM
Mostly these are legends or someone's imaginationary feats.How can one make oneself small or big?
There is only one thing about siddha's I believe in:
Pranayama.There is siddha poetry which says If you inhale for 16 nadis, and do kumbha or retention of breath for 32 nadis and exhale for 64 nadis, then death will run away/ and your body turns golden.
I believe in it because atleast it might give health benefits, if nothing else;
There are other practises like breathing only thro' surya nadi(your right nostril) and chandra nadi (Your left nostril)and change your breath from right to left nostril etc.
These may be of practical uses in a disease free life.

Most other skillls are figment of imagination. :roll:

mahadevan
28th October 2005, 08:53 PM
abbydoss1969 I am with you here, for all that you know these could be tricks based on mass hypnotism, they might have had that capabilities, PC Sorcar made a complete train vanish before 1000's of spectators in calcutta.
Going to the breathing techniques, it is empirically proven that animals that have a very low breathing frequency live long, a classic example is that of a tortoise. May be it slowens the metabolic activities and hence enchances longivity. This is where the wisdom of the Indian Genius lies, not on older day soap operas like Ramayana/mahabharatha

viggop
28th October 2005, 08:57 PM
I think Lord Krishna knew all the arts.he is supposed to be knower of all the 64 arts.

Idiappam
28th October 2005, 08:59 PM
There is siddha poetry which says If you inhale for 16 nadis, and do kumbha or retention of breath for 32 nadis and exhale for 64 nadis, then death will run away/ and your body turns golden.
I believe in it because atleast it might give health benefits, if nothing else;
There are other practises like breathing only thro' surya nadi(your right nostril) and chandra nadi (Your left nostril)and change your breath from right to left nostril etc.
These may be of practical uses in a disease free life.

Thirumantiram of Thirumoolar!

narayanaain
28th October 2005, 10:48 PM
I HAD AN EXPERIENCE WITH ONE SIDDHAR FROM CHENNAI. WHILE I WAS RETURNING I JUST BOWED IN RESPECT AND HE MADE A SOUND WITH HIS TWO FINGERS AND GAVE ME ONE LOCKET. AFTER WHEN I ASKED HIM HE SAID IS WILL BE POSSIBLE ONLY AFTER A LONG PRACTICE OF CERTAIN SPIRITUAL PRACTICES LIKE CHANTING CERYAIN MANTRAS. THIS CONFUSED ME AS TO HOW IT IS POSSIBLE.
I DO NOT THINK IT IS MAGIC. BECAUSE MIND IS ONE OF POWERFUL FACTOR WHICH ENABLE ONE TO MANIFEST WHAT IS DESIRED FOR. SO THE CONCENTRATED MIND MAY BE ABLE TO MATERIALISE.
ANOTHER EXPERIENCE IN TRIVANDRUM ALSO IN A SIMILAR WAY. SO I AM VERY SERIOUS TO KNOW

narayanaain
28th October 2005, 10:58 PM
RE: Sudhaama'S reply. I do not think it is dangerous if it is given to the deserved people. Sri Sathya Sai Baba also produce such way, though i did not experience. same way desciples can be selected and impart such knowledge, if it still being practiced.
narayanaain

r_kk
29th October 2005, 07:30 AM
Sri Sathya Sai Baba also produce such way, though i did not experience. same way desciples can be selected and impart such knowledge, if it still being practiced.
narayanaain

Materilization out of nothing is against the basic law of science (conservation of energy). Sai Baba's techniques are simple frauds. Read Abrakam Koovor's book "begone godman" and PC Sarkar's articles on Sai baba.

rajasaranam
29th October 2005, 12:52 PM
r_kk,

Though i agree upon your views on SSBaba, Science has long ago laid down doubts on its 'Law of conservation of matter and energy'. Modern Particle physics and Quantum mechanics have come to accept that 'Yes it is possible for materialization out of nothing' :shock: . though shocking It is being proved again and again that the realms of basic laws of science breaks down both in macroscopic and microscopic levels. Well there is nothing for Religious persons to overwhelm. But Science is correcting its own mistakes as it always does in finding out the truth about Us, nature and cosmos.

I would suggest you reading 'Stephen Hawkings' - 'Brief History of Time' , 'Gary Zukovs' - "The dancing Wu Li masters' [Excellent read] 'Fritjof Capra's ' - 'Tao of Physics' And many more such books and articles spawn over net about particle physics and Astro Physics. I would also like you to view a movie titled ' What the Bleep do we know'. Which talks extensively about The today's realms of science.
Pls do visit http://whatthebleep.com/

Shakthiprabha.
29th October 2005, 03:57 PM
r_kk,

Though i agree upon your views on SSBaba, Science has long ago laid down doubts on its 'Law of conservation of matter and energy'. Modern Particle physics and Quantum mechanics have come to accept that 'Yes it is possible for materialization out of nothing' :shock: . though shocking It is being proved again and again that the realms of basic laws of science breaks down both in macroscopic and microscopic levels. Well there is nothing for Religious persons to overwhelm. But Science is correcting its own mistakes as it always does in finding out the truth about Us, nature and cosmos.

Can u please throw light on 'MATERIALIZATION out of NOTHING' part? I am intersted to read about it. Also would check the website. Thanks for the same.

Please post more websites if u know, which talks about these. Thank you.

r_kk
29th October 2005, 05:06 PM
Dear Rajasaranam,
Thanks for the information. Fritjof Capra was my favorite author and I read his book "The Tao of Physics" long time back. Later on his theories were also refuted by few famous skeptics. Uncertainity of possibility of existance of sub atomic particles, disappearing and reappearing of atomic particles, existence of negative particles etc etc are big subjects. But all these are much beyond our local godman's "astama siddhis"

rajasaranam
29th October 2005, 10:54 PM
Dear ShakthiPrabha,

Iam sorry right now Iam not able to give an explanation for that concept which is a vast subject. It is a theory which is going around for some times among some of the particle physicists - Some agree some disagree. There are some who disagree because it will shake the foundation of science alltogether. But before Einstein showed that Newtonian laws are non applicable in Macro and Micro realms No body were even ready to consider that Newtonian Laws will break down. There are people who Disagree like these http://www.marxist.com/science/revolutioninphysics.html#Disappearance%20of%20Matt er?
thye feel that will give a strong hold for Religion Because they will argue that God created this universe out of nothing. But I would counter argue 'When there is already a thing called god then how can you say there was nothing'
right now widely accepted fact is the basic law of conservation of energy and matter. But my gut feeling is that science will come upon to this that 'everything has emanated itself from nothing'. May be its wierd and science will find out the truth oneday.
The Origination of this theory lies in the classical 'Single and Double slit experiments' which we would have studied in 9th std Physics. some links are here
http://www.space.com/searchforlife/quantum_astronomy_041111.html
http://www.upscale.utoronto.ca/GeneralInterest/Harrison/DoubleSlit/DoubleSlit.html#TwoSlitsElectronshttp://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Double-slit_experiment
The question arose when a single photon was sent thro in a double slit experiment and when the screen gave an interference pattern as though its a wave. More questions were added as How can a single photon go through both slits at the same time? :shock: There are many theories trying to explain this beautiful phenomenon. One of them is that another photon finds its way from nowhere to complete the interference patttern. Its wierd and confusing at times.
But the study itself is giving an immense sense of mystery and happiness for all those who have experienced it. The subject is vast and endless with people doing 'Thought experiments' writing theories which they are not able to prove. And recently it has boiled down to 'The observer and the observed' the result of the experiment and on the whole cosmic nature lies within the observer. It does sound sometimes like 'Maya' theory of shankara.
Hmmm... we are one speck in this cosmos which is trying to unravel the mystery .

dear r_kk,

Iam currently reading some ' sidhar paadalgal' and i like them for negating the existence of god and living in their own experiences. I dont know anything about this 'astama siddhi' :)

narayanaain
30th October 2005, 10:16 AM
Re: *Sri Sathya Sai Baba's producing material out of space can not be said as a "simple fraud" we can not know still how does it work.
*Abraham kovur was a theoretical person, who at least, did and doing good things for the human beings. Ultimately all spiritual things are for loving the humanity and doing and providing facilities for them, which many of the critics can not do.
narayanaain

narayanaain
30th October 2005, 10:27 AM
To Saktiprabha,
From the time science started its existance to prove it, it always believe that, that which can be proved can be accepted. In this aspect we shud think that spirit and matter differently. matter and its sponsors always will have ego, saying that they succeeded in finding out some hitherto unknown things. They shud think it wud be a never ending process to go on researching about the unknown.
On the other hand. the spirit and its advocators does not have such ego. (only for the purpose of establishment of "TRUTH")
Scientists have only touched one sand particle of that "TRUTH"
narayanaain

r_kk
30th October 2005, 12:08 PM
Re: *Sri Sathya Sai Baba's producing material out of space can not be said as a "simple fraud" we can not know still how does it work.
*Abraham kovur was a theoretical person, who at least, did and doing good things for the human beings. Ultimately all spiritual things are for loving the humanity and doing and providing facilities for them, which many of the critics can not do.
narayanaain
Dear narayanaain,
You may not be knowing how Sai Baba does his miracle. But his inefficient magic were exposed few times.
1. His materilisation of "Seiko" watch was refuted by Seiko watch manufacturers.
2. His materilisation of gold chain presented to our ex-PM was exposed and available in videos.

Please go through the extensive discussion on Sai Baba. http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=409

Rohit
30th October 2005, 03:56 PM
Materilization out of nothing is against the basic law of science (conservation of energy).

Can u please throw light on 'MATERIALIZATION out of NOTHING' part?
Material out of nothing is not a scientific impossibility, as the law of conservation of energy still holds at nothing and does not breakdown.

If the net energy of the entire universe is "0" as a result of positive energies of matter and the negative energies of antimatter and gravitational forces and both positive and negative energies being in equal amount, the resulting energy remains conserved at "0". And this is, by no means, a violation of the law of conservation of energy. The probability of quantum fluctuations in a hypothetical vacuum is extremely low but it is definitely nonzero, which allows the cumulative probabilities to approach "1" and trigger the emergence of positive and negative energies in equal amounts, keeping the net energy still at "0".

The hypothetical vacuum, the singularity point with no dimensions, is what is attributed as the point where the well-established event of big bang must have occurred. The whole process is extremely complex to explain fully, but the basic concept and principle is well-formed/established and not difficult to grasp. Science has already demonstrated the production of particles from nothing in vacuum, and it is known as Casimir effect. This is by no means to say that science has found a completely unified solution to the problem of explaining everything about our uncaused universe. Nonetheless, only science has the means, approach and capacity to find a satisfactory solution to such a perplexing problem, and science is already on its course to do just that.

Quick info on A Universe from nothing:

http://www.astrosociety.org/pubs/mercury/31_02/nothing.html

http://arxiv.org/PS_cache/astro-ph/pdf/9902/9902189.pdf

sivajayan
30th October 2005, 08:53 PM
2. His materilisation of gold chain presented to our ex-PM was exposed and available in videos.

Please go through the extensive discussion on Sai Baba. http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=409

Yes, I saw that too here in Holland.
It looked like a poor perfomance of a kindergarden newbie.

David Copperfield is very much better!

rajasaranam
30th October 2005, 09:44 PM
[tscii:ab58dea1d1]dear Rohit,

thanks for dropping in I was expecting you :)

Material out of nothing is not a scientific impossibility, as the law of conservation of energy still holds at nothing and does not breakdown.

From the link you have given

Perhaps many quantum fluctuations occurred before the birth of our universe. Most of them quickly disappeared. But one lived sufficiently long and had the right conditions for inflation to have been initiated. Thereafter, the original tiny volume inflated by an enormous factor, and our macroscopic universe was born. The original particle-antiparticle pair (or pairs) may have subsequently annihilated each other – but even if they didn’t, the violation of energy conservation would be minuscule, not large enough to be measurable.

Now It does says there can be a violation [ just a speculation] But of miniscule effect. Well When there were problems dealing with 'infinitesimal changes occuring in the law of nature' an entire branch of Maths came up which is supposed to be the 'Calculus'. What we know as of now a miniscule effect may be large enough to be studied in the future with a new branch of science coming up. My point is 'The law may break down at some point and we will come up with new theories in future. As of now it cannot be totally negated'.

This is by no means to say that science has found a completely unified solution to the problem of explaining everything about our uncaused universe. Nonetheless, only science has the means, approach and capacity to find a satisfactory solution to such a perplexing problem, and science is already on its course to do just that.

Yeah thats what science is all about and we unite in our path to find the truth. :thumbsup: [/tscii:ab58dea1d1]

sivajayan
30th October 2005, 10:17 PM
[tscii:660523dd40]dear Rohit,

thanks for dropping in I was expecting you :)

From the link you have given

Perhaps many quantum fluctuations occurred before the birth of our universe. Most of them quickly disappeared. But one lived sufficiently long and had the right conditions for inflation to have been initiated. Thereafter, the original tiny volume inflated by an enormous factor, and our macroscopic universe was born. The original particle-antiparticle pair (or pairs) may have subsequently annihilated each other – but even if they didn’t, the violation of energy conservation would be minuscule, not large enough to be measurable.

Now It does says there can be a violation [ just a speculation] But of miniscule effect. Well When there were problems dealing with 'infinitesimal changes occuring in the law of nature' an entire branch of Maths came up which is supposed to be the 'Calculus'. What we know as of now a miniscule effect may be large enough to be studied in the future with a new branch of science coming up. My point is 'The law may break down at some point and we will come up with new theories in future. As of now it cannot be totally negated'.

This is by no means to say that science has found a completely unified solution to the problem of explaining everything about our uncaused universe. Nonetheless, only science has the means, approach and capacity to find a satisfactory solution to such a perplexing problem, and science is already on its course to do just that.

Yeah thats what science is all about and we unite in our path to find the truth. :thumbsup: [/tscii:660523dd40]

Do you mean the Theory of Everything ( String theory)?

sivajayan
30th October 2005, 10:37 PM
Hanuman certainly knows the first 4 siddhis.
in lanka,he made himself as small as mosquito when on the mission to find out Sita.then, he raised his body to huge form when fighting rakshashas.in mahabharatha,he makes his body so heavy that bhima cant lift even the tail.
:-)
Now I am very much confused! Really confused.

Why did Rama build the bridge then? Could not have Hanuman make him that huge - I mean over 26 miles long? Was the bridge made for Ramayanam or the Ramayana made for the bridge? Was hanuman living while Mahabharatham too? What was he doing in between the two "epics"/"holy scripts"?

He probably made him ultra small!

Rohit
30th October 2005, 11:43 PM
Yeah thats what science is all about and we unite in our path to find the truth. :thumbsup:
Dear Rajasaranam,

As far as the logical, philosophical and probabilistic approach is concerned, the Truth is already known and established beyond any reasonable doubt; however science endeavours to provide the minute details of that Truth. The whole picture is alreday there on display for everyone to watch. The rest is all about declaring its resolution. :thumbsup: :)